: They removed the moonwalk off of True Dmg Ekko’s passive.
He still has it, its just a shorter animation than it was. Relax
youubi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ƒrostγ,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=005000000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T22:01:55.142+0000) > > Maybe, however what i said is still correct. No one should complain about FREE stuff. My dude, please listen to what the greater argument is. I want the older legendaries to NOT be categorized as legendaries from henceforth, that's the HEADER of this discussion and what I want to address. Whatever happened in this event is whatever, it sucks but Riot did what they did and I doubt they will listen to their players on such a function anyways. However, to keep skins such as Red Baron and Ice Toboggan Corki, along with Magnificent Twisted Fate or Demonblade Tryndamere within the 1820 RP price and call it the same tier as skins such as High Noon Ashe and Star Guardian Ahri is a bit of a punch to the gut. The consistency of Legendary skins will be called into question if such older skins such as the ones I have mentioned above are kept within the Legendary skin pool tier. People can claim it will be unfair to the older players, but this is equally as unfair to newer players who expect a certain quality of Legendary skin only to be surprised in either guaranteed Legendary loot boxes (such as the Twitch Prime rewards) or gifts such as today of older Legendary skins they have not seen in shop nor have seen in the Riot Support page. It's non-transparent and I believe illegal, at least in the US, to be nontransparent about percentages and your prize pool.
> [{quoted}](name=youubi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=0050000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T22:21:47.458+0000) > > My dude, please listen to what the greater argument is. I want the older legendaries to NOT be categorized as legendaries from henceforth, that's the HEADER of this discussion and what I want to address. Whatever happened in this event is whatever, it sucks but Riot did what they did and I doubt they will listen to their players on such a function anyways. However, to keep skins such as Red Baron and Ice Toboggan Corki, along with Magnificent Twisted Fate or Demonblade Tryndamere within the 1820 RP price and call it the same tier as skins such as High Noon Ashe and Star Guardian Ahri is a bit of a punch to the gut. > > The consistency of Legendary skins will be called into question if such older skins such as the ones I have mentioned above are kept within the Legendary skin pool tier. People can claim it will be unfair to the older players, but this is equally as unfair to newer players who expect a certain quality of Legendary skin only to be surprised in either guaranteed Legendary loot boxes (such as the Twitch Prime rewards) or gifts such as today of older Legendary skins they have not seen in shop nor have seen in the Riot Support page. > > It's non-transparent and I believe illegal, at least in the US, to be nontransparent about percentages and your prize pool. Let me tell you why they are not going to change it. The older legendaries are for the most part legacy and newer legendaries can be purchased outright. You really want a newer legendary? Pay for it. It's always a gamble when you expect something from a chest
Hail Whydra (EUNE)
: Also, if you are the type of person who says we should be thankful that we got anything. If your friends had a birthday, would you give one of them expensive gift for let's say 300$, but you'd give a different male friend 20$ female sneakers just because you found these gifts in the same shop and say "Hey, you have to like it, you didn't pay anyway"?
> [{quoted}](name=Hail Whydra,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=004d0000,timestamp=2019-10-28T14:56:32.189+0000) > > Also, if you are the type of person who says we should be thankful that we got anything. > > If your friends had a birthday, would you give one of them expensive gift for let's say 300$, but you'd give a different male friend 20$ female sneakers just because you found these gifts in the same shop and say "Hey, you have to like it, you didn't pay anyway"? Riot games is not your friend. They are a business. Stop treating them like they are your friend.
youubi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tíma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=0034,timestamp=2019-10-27T16:18:23.177+0000) > > Be glad they gave you anything free this year. If you really want a certain skin, pay for it. I have. I own most of the Legendaries that I have personally wanted, including the new Legendaries SG Rakan and Xayah and HN Lucian. I am a paying customer of Riot Games. I am not a free-to-play player complaining about free content. And even so, the option to pay for skins is OPTIONAL, and should remain so. HOWEVER, for Riot to include skins in the Legendary skin tier that don't uphold to their own standards of what is a "Legendary" is dishonest, considering what they promise what is a Legendary in their support page (which I have quoted above, and is also the page I was directed to when submitting a support ticket upon the 10th day gifting) does not apply to a good significant portion of the Legendary skin tier pool. All I seek for, whether I get that regift or not, is at least an address from Riot on the issue. It's been ten years, they've had enough time to evaluate these skins from 2009.
> [{quoted}](name=youubi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=00340000,timestamp=2019-10-28T19:58:30.151+0000) > > I have. I own most of the Legendaries that I have personally wanted, including the new Legendaries SG Rakan and Xayah and HN Lucian. I am a paying customer of Riot Games. I am not a free-to-play player complaining about free content. And even so, the option to pay for skins is OPTIONAL, and should remain so. > > HOWEVER, for Riot to include skins in the Legendary skin tier that don't uphold to their own standards of what is a "Legendary" is dishonest, considering what they promise what is a Legendary in their support page (which I have quoted above, and is also the page I was directed to when submitting a support ticket upon the 10th day gifting) does not apply to a good significant portion of the Legendary skin tier pool. > > All I seek for, whether I get that regift or not, is at least an address from Riot on the issue. It's been ten years, they've had enough time to evaluate these skins from 2009. You knew this was an issue even before the 10th anniversary right? Asking for riot to respond to something a majority of the playerbase never made a big stink about until now isn't really going to get their attention. Riot is a business and exist to make money. Again, it was something given away for free and through chance at that. This is the wrong tree to bark up considering it's only for the anniversary which won't come again for a long time
Xhaiden (EUNE)
: I got Corporate Mundo... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uowSkpo9DfA Seriously, the textures, the skin... looks like a character from a game made in late 90s. 😐
> [{quoted}](name=Xhaiden,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2019-10-27T16:45:13.506+0000) > > I got Corporate Mundo... > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uowSkpo9DfA > > Seriously, the textures, the skin... looks like a character from a game made in late 90s. 😐 So? Disenchant it or just buy the legendary you want. Complaining about a random free skin you received is cathartic, but pointless in the long run because Riot makes their money through skin purchases, not skin handouts.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vonyalo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-26T22:44:01.178+0000) > > oh come on, are you gonna complain about free stuff, really? When that free stuff is nowhere near equal to the free stuff everyone else got yes I think they have a right to be upset. Some of the oldest legendaries are no better than 520 skins and meet none of the qualifications for being legendary, yet Riot has chosen not to reclassify them for seemingly no reason. If Riot is gonna hand out gifts they should make sure everyone is getting an equal gift and not arbitrarily hand out trash to some people.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h25yeG9y,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-26T23:08:06.323+0000) > > When that free stuff is nowhere near equal to the free stuff everyone else got yes I think they have a right to be upset. Some of the oldest legendaries are no better than 520 skins and meet none of the qualifications for being legendary, yet Riot has chosen not to reclassify them for seemingly no reason. If Riot is gonna hand out gifts they should make sure everyone is getting an equal gift and not arbitrarily hand out trash to some people. Entitlement: The Post
youubi (NA)
: Dear Riot, please consider recategorizing your older skins (aka, old Legendaries).
Be glad they gave you anything free this year. If you really want a certain skin, pay for it.
: So can we get back scaling / late game / slower paced meta?
Would you be interested in Teamfight Tactics?
: Legends of Runeterra cards you wish to be champions
I like the Noxus drummer https://rankedboost.com/legends-of-runeterra/legion-drummer/
: So they give out gifts each day for 10 days. If I miss one day, I will miss gifts?
A you have to do is log in. If you're not able to, you miss out. What else do you want?
: Bring Back Event Skins to the Prestige Point Shop
They are not bringing the skin back because they already specified that event prestige skins would stay event specific and only be available via rerolling or crafting later. It was you and many others who assumed based on your own logic and are now disappointed with riots decision. I believe riot is now trying to compromise with the way prestige skins will be handled in the coming years, but they are going to keep things as they are for right now to round out the year and not confuse players even more by shifting their rules on a dime. Look, ultimately you're upset because you don't have the skin you want. That's understandable, but please don't try to moralize it. Play the game, enjoy the lux skins you have/that are available. Hope you get it in rerolls or chests in the future and move on with your life. Riot is not going to change this, so complaining just makes you look more entitled than you are already coming off as.
: Who do YOU think is going to win this year? Do you think you'll get the perfect pick? Myself: -SKT because I'm stuck in 2016 -I doubt I'll even get 34 points like last year {{champion:32}}
C9 because they really have been building up their reputation these passed few worlds and I have hope in them!
: Prestige Updates
Pretty disturbing to see the amount of individuals complaining about not being monetized to in a way that they would prefer. No one is making you purchase skins. Riot is a business and just because they decide to change their monetization practices is not a slight or punishment or any other emotionally charged verb you state. If you do not like it, do not purchase it. If you do, purchase it. That is capitalism simple and clean.
: Join Us Oct. 15th to Celebrate 10 Years of League
I love the new logo. Fresh but retains the same characteristics of the original. I would like the crest in the back of it tho since it does feel a bit empty without it. Otherwise, here here!
: League of Legends: Realms of Runeterra BOOK (+Preview Pages)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Remember Taliyah
She doesn't seem very interesting to play.
: Light and Shadow | Star Guardian Animated Trailer - League of Legends
Can we all just appreciate the fact that Neeko survived up until this point? Lux and Ahri's teams are off having a slumber party while our little tomato is just trying to live!
: Patch 9.18 notes
Please let us know if there will be purified Xayah and Rakan variants released in the future.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: League of Legends Star Guardian 2019 animated teaser.
Riot, can you please release uncorrupted chromas of Xayah and Rakan at a later date? I want to like these skins, but I won't buy them as they are because they are too dark.
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: League of Legends Star Guardian 2019 animated teaser.
Where is this "internal struggle" for Xayah and Rakan being showcased here, Riot?
: Star Guardian In Game Models and More!
Can we have the uncorrupted forms of Xayah and Rakan as chromas or variants later on? This aspect of the skins are the only reason I'm not buying SG Xayah or Rakan
Derenick (NA)
: Star Guardian 2019 Spawn Music: Starlight Rising - Is it Julie Elven singing?
It just might! She did retweet the teaser for SG2019 so we may expect a post on her social media pertaining to it next week.
: I'm on my lunch break again! Lets chat :D
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to engage with the community on various topics concerning the game. When it comes to skins, do you guys have a set idea for which champions are planned to get them in a given year and if so do you replace champions from that list based on their performance? I ask because of Pyke getting two skins this year, one a legendary at that. Another question, I'm sure that a strong concept is one of the facets that goes into choosing a champion for a skin, but what would you say is the biggest determining factor?
: These Star Guardian skins weren't worth wasting the Xayah and Rakan legendary skin slots over.
> Xayah is made to seem like an even bigger bitch than she is This is one of my biggest complaints against this skin. For all the issues with her not having a purified form, her personality is absolutely abhorrent. The description of the skin says she died and was resurrected, seems almost happy about it, but also has doubts...about what? All of her VO lines make her sound bitter, angry and like she is lashing out to everyone in some way shape or form. She is supposed to be this tragic hero that got manipulated by Zoe into being evil, not this hard edged anti-villain that hates everyone. That is not likeable nor does it make me feel sympathetic to her circumstances. Rakan on the other hand is grounded and keeps his sympathetic slant by being self sacrificing because of his love for Xayah. People can empathize with that and admire his selflessness. You can tell that he is forcing himself when he fights against his friends, whilst being the lovable dork we know Rakan can be. Xayah? Bitchy and cruel to the degree that she loses my sympathy because she does not show any vulnerable moments. She never shows any feelings of hesitation against fighting her friends, these supposed doubts she has about...whatever she has doubts about, or an unwillingness to want be Zoe's puppet. The closest line we get is "I can play the part of the evil star guardian come back to betray her friends, but I don't have to be happy about it" Which tells us she is self aware of her being manipulated...but she doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. Like she has just resigned herself to being Zoe's plaything whilst reveling in being harsh and cruel to her friends. That is not sympathetic. That does not make me feel for her. That makes me apathetic and tired. Definitely will not be purchasing this skin.
: Eh. I'm still just massively disappointed with this batch of SG skin. Hell, as much as I despise the meme of SG Urgot, I don't even think them making that a reality would have disappointed me as much as this batch of whatever you want to call it. None of these skins outside of Neeko FEEL Star Guardian to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1QENQMEt,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-27T15:38:03.135+0000) > > Eh. I'm still just massively disappointed with this batch of SG skin. Hell, as much as I despise the meme of SG Urgot, I don't even think them making that a reality would have disappointed me as much as this batch of whatever you want to call it. None of these skins outside of Neeko FEEL Star Guardian to me. Funny because Neeko's skin is the one with the prestige edition. It's like Riot is aware of what players really want and are banking on selling it the most, but when it comes to their legendaries, they want to break formula.
: The thing here is that skin lines exist to present a thematic for a champion. There are champions we want to see IN THAT THEME. Having a "twist on a skinline" that you have expectations for doesn't do justice to the skin line. It only breeds disappointment. When you hear Xayah and Rakan are being added to Star Guardians, you fucking want Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan, not some edgelord purple "corrupted" version of Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan. That's largely the issue here. This is a popular skin line because of the specific thematic it brings. It's insulting and disappointing as a fan of the skin line to see them twist it this way, because it means that those champions have been denied a proper skin that fits into that skin line. It's like going to a burger restaurant and asking for a medium-rare burger with cheese, only to have them tell you that they don't actually serve meat anymore, they only serve veggie patties with vegan cheese. It's not what you were wanting to get out of the experience, and it leaves you feeling like you've been cheated and swindled. This is the larger issue with these skins. Rather than make dedicated villains for this skin line that actually FEEL like villains in a magical girl anime, they instead decided to do what Riot always does - corrupt everything nice and good because they for some reason cannot tolerate having good guys be good. They're "villains," but they're called Star Guardians, so it's just a hollow façade of what players wanted from the Star Guardian experience. Edit: Downvote me all you want, but there is a ring of truth in this. How would people feel if the reverse was true? How about the next PROJECT skins makes cutesy versions of the skins that all look like chibi characters that are pastels and bubblegum colors, and they talk in high pitched filters because Riot decided that "the Program infected the PROJECTs with emojis" or some shit like that. That's not what you want or expect when you hear PROJECT skin, so why is it any different to be upset when Star Guardians are going dark and edgy?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f3lRlA0w,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-28T13:17:51.176+0000) > > The thing here is that skin lines exist to present a thematic for a champion. There are champions we want to see IN THAT THEME. Having a "twist on a skinline" that you have expectations for doesn't do justice to the skin line. It only breeds disappointment. When you hear Xayah and Rakan are being added to Star Guardians, you fucking want Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan, not some edgelord purple "corrupted" version of Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan. That's largely the issue here. This is a popular skin line because of the specific thematic it brings. It's insulting and disappointing as a fan of the skin line to see them twist it this way, because it means that those champions have been denied a proper skin that fits into that skin line. > > It's like going to a burger restaurant and asking for a medium-rare burger with cheese, only to have them tell you that they don't actually serve meat anymore, they only serve veggie patties with vegan cheese. It's not what you were wanting to get out of the experience, and it leaves you feeling like you've been cheated and swindled. This is the larger issue with these skins. Rather than make dedicated villains for this skin line that actually FEEL like villains in a magical girl anime, they instead decided to do what Riot always does - corrupt everything nice and good because they for some reason cannot tolerate having good guys be good. They're "villains," but they're called Star Guardians, so it's just a hollow façade of what players wanted from the Star Guardian experience. > > Edit: Downvote me all you want, but there is a ring of truth in this. How would people feel if the reverse was true? How about the next PROJECT skins makes cutesy versions of the skins that all look like chibi characters that are pastels and bubblegum colors, and they talk in high pitched filters because Riot decided that "the Program infected the PROJECTs with emojis" or some shit like that. That's not what you want or expect when you hear PROJECT skin, so why is it any different to be upset when Star Guardians are going dark and edgy? I support this post.
Leufaya (OCE)
: Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan Splash Art [Purified Version Photoshop]
Can her purified form have more sky blue and less green? She looks too similar to Rakan with all the green embellishments when she is supposed to be the blue SG
: Apparently what I’ve been reading (at least for xayah and Rakan) they toyed with the idea of making a toggle for their forms but felt it didn’t fit the voice lines... I’m super disappointed if we’re being honest. The glimpse you get of xayah’s non corrupted form is absolutely gorgeous but I wish it would stay. These champs already have cosmic skins. These don’t match star guardian at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Snowdrift,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-26T19:48:51.677+0000) > > Apparently what I’ve been reading (at least for xayah and Rakan) they toyed with the idea of making a toggle for their forms but felt it didn’t fit the voice lines... I’m super disappointed if we’re being honest. > > The glimpse you get of xayah’s non corrupted form is absolutely gorgeous but I wish it would stay. These champs already have cosmic skins. These don’t match star guardian at all. This is the reason I ultimately don't think we are getting anything despite our complaints. I wish they could have made Zoe a legendary and kept Xayah and Rakan epic so there wouldn't be this issue with the voice lines clashing with the skins. Like you, I am utterly disappointed because without the glimpse of their purified forms the skins are decent. With the purified forms I end up just wanting more of something I know I will never get and it makes me frustrated and ultimately makes me not want to purchase them at all. At least I got Neeko and Zoe.
MarcReady (EUW)
: Ouch what a pity! Riot tried for once to move a bit from completely uninspired skin lines and they get bashed for it. I guess people really like to pay to to have a casual mecha/cyber/anime flavour slapped on their champion Quality may also be lower than previous years, but why should it matter now? It has been a trend of the past year... Riot let Morgana, Kayle and Mordekaiser get unfinished reworked skins and no one really complained besides those interested in the champions! So yeah, let these skin lines rot and we may have a decent reaction from the playerbase
> [{quoted}](name=MarcReady,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AVzmF8ca,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-08-28T01:22:05.808+0000) > > Ouch what a pity! Riot tried for once to move a bit from completely uninspired skin lines and they get bashed for it. I guess people really like to pay to to have a casual mecha/cyber/anime flavour slapped on their champion > > Quality may also be lower than previous years, but why should it matter now? It has been a trend of the past year... Riot let Morgana, Kayle and Mordekaiser get unfinished reworked skins and no one really complained besides those interested in the champions! So yeah, let these skin lines rot and we may have a decent reaction from the playerbase Yes, keep to a theme that is correct. I understand they want to expand on their lore and try new things. That is fine, however my issue is that the skins dance between corrupt star guardians and purified guardians for a split second, so most people that wanted the pure guardians are left wanting more where they probably would have grown to like the corrupt guardian looks on their own. It's just disappointing is all.
Leufaya (OCE)
: PURIFIED Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan [Ctrl+5 Suggestion]
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Give me the option to have her purified form as a base when I play and I WILL buy this skin. As of right now, I'm not interested.
iiGazeii (NA)
: What's might happen is they're gonna release "skin variants" like the Pajama Guardians or Solar/Lunar Eclipse Leona, which are full-blown skins in their own right, but you get a discount if you own the original. But it's unlikely. These are legendaries, and the new voice pack makes countless references to how they are evil and hate the Star Guardians.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLyNH4mW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-27T23:21:55.008+0000) > > What's might happen is they're gonna release "skin variants" like the Pajama Guardians or Solar/Lunar Eclipse Leona, which are full-blown skins in their own right, but you get a discount if you own the original. > > But it's unlikely. These are legendaries, and the new voice pack makes countless references to how they are evil and hate the Star Guardians. Yea. It is for this reason I honestly do not know what is possible for them to do at this point. I wish they had gone in with the variant idea before deciding on voice lines.
Elipo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tíma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=0009000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-27T04:35:12.587+0000) > > SG was not even hyped up by Riot this year. The fanbase hyped it up to unrealistic proportions and are now having a meltdown that they didn't get the champions they wanted, the look they wanted, villain they wanted, etc. They said they would make new star guardians this year wich made peoole look forward to something specific. Make a skin line most people liked specificaly due to its cuteness and uniqueness in league more generic and edgier then I bet they'll be like https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BAUS7giaWtU/maxresdefault.jpg when these wont sell as well as other sg. Also most of us dont buy skins for the lore but for how they look lile and couldnt care less ablut the lore. (If the skins are good a nice lore to go with them is a bonus, but ultimately if you have to choose just one looks win I mean we are paying for cosmetics {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} )
> [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=00090000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-27T10:01:52.400+0000) > > They said they would make new star guardians this year wich made peoole look forward to something specific. Make a skin line most people liked specificaly due to its cuteness and uniqueness in league more generic and edgier then I bet they'll be like https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BAUS7giaWtU/maxresdefault.jpg when these wont sell as well as other sg. > > Also most of us dont buy skins for the lore but for how they look lile and couldnt care less ablut the lore. (If the skins are good a nice lore to go with them is a bonus, but ultimately if you have to choose just one looks win I mean we are paying for cosmetics {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} ) Well then you only have yourself to blame for being disappointed. Maybe if you paid attention to the lore of this AU that you are buying skins for, you would have gotten some hints as to what they might have been planning instead of being suprised pikachu yourself when you see them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tíma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=0009000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-27T04:35:12.587+0000) > > SG was not even hyped up by Riot this year. The fanbase hyped it up to unrealistic proportions and are now having a meltdown that they didn't get the champions they wanted, the look they wanted, villain they wanted, etc. I could have dealt with the champion choices. Some are very disappointed in the champion choices. I could have dealt with making an Anti Star Guardian line and calling it good. Still related although I'm sure others would dislike it. I don't like that they're making it an anti guardian line while still labeling them Star Guardians. That's where a significant point of criticism is.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=00090000000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-27T13:27:19.938+0000) > > I could have dealt with the champion choices. Some are very disappointed in the champion choices. > I could have dealt with making an Anti Star Guardian line and calling it good. Still related although I'm sure others would dislike it. > I don't like that they're making it an anti guardian line while still labeling them Star Guardians. That's where a significant point of criticism is. Why? They are still star guardians, just corrupted because of Zoe. Thats like saying when Usagi's Sailor team got stolen by Galaxia that they were no longer sailor guardians.
Elipo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-08-27T01:32:12.943+0000) > > Okay but these skins would have been boring as fuck if they were just the same old formulaic mess of put them in the same old outfit style that they all have but a new color with star and glitter vfx. Maybe (although 90% of the feedback for these is negative for a reason) but then name them fallen star guardians or something and dont hype them as star guardians. When they hyped star guardians people were specting something specific and this isnt it.
> [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T02:29:45.101+0000) > > Maybe (although 90% of the feedback for these is negative for a reason) but then name them fallen star guardians or something and dont hype them as star guardians. When they hyped star guardians people were specting something specific and this isnt it. SG was not even hyped up by Riot this year. The fanbase hyped it up to unrealistic proportions and are now having a meltdown that they didn't get the champions they wanted, the look they wanted, villain they wanted, etc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-08-26T21:12:23.407+0000) > > These guys are trying to be creative by messing with well stablished skinlines. But we like specific skin lines because of their special features. If you wanna be original try new skinlines instead of cutting edges. Putting originality by changing the essence of already liked skin lines is gonna kill them and alsi doesnt seem profitable at all > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-08-26T23:04:58.034+0000) > > Better idea. Make them a new skin line since they're too corrupted to be Star Guardians. > > "Void Guardians" is my first choice. > > Then we could release Star Guardian variants later from before they were corrupted by whatever. THIS! Like I understand they wanted to be creative and all, but Star Guardians are an established skinline with established color-schemes and VFX-schemes. If you wanna be super different with your creative juices, then make new lines. If you wanted to take the skins so far away from regular Star Guardians - make a new line, and put characters in the line that make sense. Zoe is such a bubbly character, and you've turned her into this psychotic crazed-looking dark guardian: https://i.imgur.com/c2xT9EW.png Several months of waiting, hoping Zoe would get a Star Guardian skin, and then I see she does.....but it's not REALLY a Star Guardian skin, it's some corrupted void guardian skin with VFX's reminiscence of the Dark Star and Cosmic skinlines. Big let down. To be honest if you wanted to do a Dark Guardian line, not only name it that vs. "Star Guardians", but put champs like Kindred, Shyvana, Le Blanc, or etc., into it.....people who are not only in need of skins but are either evil or more believable in a "corrupted" role than Zoe.
> [{quoted}](name=xox BaByDoLL xox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wMVsgEO,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-08-27T01:35:40.415+0000) > > THIS! > Like I understand they wanted to be creative and all, but Star Guardians are an established skinline with established color-schemes and VFX-schemes. > If you wanna be super different with your creative juices, then make new lines. > If you wanted to take the skins so far away from regular Star Guardians - make a new line, and put characters in the line that make sense. Zoe is such a bubbly character, and you've turned her into this psychotic crazed-looking dark guardian: > https://i.imgur.com/c2xT9EW.png > > Several months of waiting, hoping Zoe would get a Star Guardian skin, and then I see she does.....but it's not REALLY a Star Guardian skin, it's some corrupted void guardian skin with VFX's reminiscence of the Dark Star and Cosmic skinlines. > Big let down. > > > To be honest if you wanted to do a Dark Guardian line, not only name it that vs. "Star Guardians", but put champs like Kindred, Shyvana, Le Blanc, or etc., into it.....people who are not only in need of skins but are either evil or more believable in a "corrupted" role than Zoe. They can do whatever the heck they want with their own skinlines. Who are you to determine what lines they set when it comes to what a star guardian is and is not? I understand you like the skinline, but it does not belong to you nor are you the only person they are marketing to. They are expanding on their own AU universe within the SG world and here you and others are rattling off your armchair opinions like you know whats best. If you do not like it, don't purchase it. I'm not saying you shouldn't complain, but ultimately this property does not belong to you and if they decide to market it differently unfortunately you don't have the power to change that.
: "Eternals" a new dirty way to win money.
For everyone asking, 850rp for a set of three eternals per https://twitter.com/KenAdamsNSA/status/1161345417797226496
: FAQ: Eternals
For everyone asking, 850rp for a set of 3 per https://twitter.com/KenAdamsNSA/status/1161345417797226496
CLG ear (NA)
: do you think league of legends will die before Taliyah gets a skin? [POLL]
: I'm actually incredibly surprised that Karma was chosen. Not to offend anyone who mains or plays her, that skin just doesn't really fit her.
Thank you. I feel like I am the only one put off by the design and concept of DS Karma. It does not match her at all.
: Karma doesn't even remotely feel the same age as any of the other girls. At best, she's in her late 20s or 30s, she's not passable as high schooler in looks.
And Jayce isn't young enough to be in Battle Academia, yet here we are...
: Trials Update: Week One
atorelle (NA)
: Battle Academia Lux/Ezreal Skins : Coming from a Lux Main
As a fellow Lux main, I agree. I can't hate because our girl is getting a new skin, but it does seem to be a bit too much considering we just got a skin last year.
: Riot seems to hate Taliyah honestly. They'll probably give her a throwaway skin worse than Ivern's. Get ready for "Sand Taliyah" where they just make her base skin a slightly lighter color.
> [{quoted}](name=RooAbost5,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EtJAVB7i,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-05-06T03:54:12.796+0000) > > Riot seems to hate Taliyah honestly. They'll probably give her a throwaway skin worse than Ivern's. Get ready for "Sand Taliyah" where they just make her base skin a slightly lighter color. This. I don't know what it is about her, but riot really do no like Taliyah. I know people are holding hope for a star guardian skin, but seeing how they only put their more popular champs in it, don't have too much hope.
OHminus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kJkKaOQA,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T23:57:36.858+0000) > > I don't really get the hate towards Chinese players. I for one liked watching LCL from time to time because of Rookie and Uzi. As for Riot maybe they just need to be educated on the subject. After all part of growing is learning about things you don't know which in this case could be animes/mangas that might not be as blatantly popular and what your player base wants out of your product. Boards hates the chinese playerbase because they believe that Riot caters their balance/skins towards them and not western players.
> [{quoted}](name=OHminus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kJkKaOQA,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T05:27:57.082+0000) > > Boards hates the chinese playerbase because they believe that Riot caters their balance/skins towards them and not western players. Is there any truth to that, though? I don't know who on the western sphere cares about prestige skins.
: Sadly Riot doesn't care about the minor parts of the community as they don't "bring in the big profits". so long as the majority are happy then Riot is happy. That's how they've worked for years. This is just the latest in a long line of them playing favorites. The fact is if you don't rake in the cash then Riot doesn't want to acknowledge the champs existence. If they do rake in the cash then they get priority on skins and breaks on balancing. There are SO MANY CHAMPS who could fit this skin line. {{champion:24}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:23}} (especially considering this skin line has powered up forms. would work great with his Ult) {{champion:141}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:76}} all could have worked as students and {{champion:134}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:2}} would have made for great teachers. That's not even ALL the champs that would work good for this skin line. In fact I can grantee the community could re-imagine any champ into this skin line. But of course Riot is too focused on making sure champs are "thematic" enough to be worthy of the skin line, while everyone else gets the throw away skin lines that Riot doesn't even care to invest time into.
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Moon Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=buBW1gJ9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-02T09:00:03.664+0000) > > Sadly Riot doesn't care about the minor parts of the community as they don't "bring in the big profits". so long as the majority are happy then Riot is happy. That's how they've worked for years. This is just the latest in a long line of them playing favorites. > The fact is if you don't rake in the cash then Riot doesn't want to acknowledge the champs existence. If they do rake in the cash then they get priority on skins and breaks on balancing. > > There are SO MANY CHAMPS who could fit this skin line. {{champion:24}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:23}} (especially considering this skin line has powered up forms. would work great with his Ult) {{champion:141}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:76}} all could have worked as students and {{champion:134}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:2}} would have made for great teachers. That's not even ALL the champs that would work good for this skin line. In fact I can grantee the community could re-imagine any champ into this skin line. > But of course Riot is too focused on making sure champs are "thematic" enough to be worthy of the skin line, while everyone else gets the throw away skin lines that Riot doesn't even care to invest time into. Wow, {{champion:23}} and{{champion:22}} would have worked so well it hurts. Especially because both of their ults have that OMPH that could be translated to an anime. And nobody can bring up the age thing as {{champion:126}} got re imagined as a teenager in BA, so they can do the same with them.
: Some of the employees try to advocate for the people, but riot themselves is just a business. Proof: one of the artists tried to get Riot to give taliyah a battle academy skin and Riot said no while giving another skin to Lux and Ez who already have tons of skins. The skins look nice, but it's just kinda sad.
> [{quoted}](name=theChibiTina,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=klEptVfl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-01T02:16:49.759+0000) > > Some of the employees try to advocate for the people, but riot themselves is just a business. Proof: one of the artists tried to get Riot to give taliyah a battle academy skin and Riot said no while giving another skin to Lux and Ez who already have tons of skins. The skins look nice, but it's just kinda sad. This. There are good employees who work at Riot games, but Riot games is a business and in no way our friend.
: Teemo in Space... Kinda
Wow, such an amazing project!
Rioter Comments
Show more

Tíma

Level 196 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion