: I hope Akali's W duration will be reduced in her next rework
or when she just pops it in lane and youre a melee and you literally cant touch her while she just procs q over and over again
Ąhri Bot (EUW)
: If you can create a skin, what would you do ?
kirby-esque tahm kench where his appearance changes depending on the last thing he ate i.e. he eats caitlyn, gets the skirt and top hat. eats rammus he gets the shell and can only say ok. eats gnar and he gets the bone crown thing. would be cool
Ray 701 (EUW)
: Why are Janna and Warwick being ignored every patch?
5 base damage nerf LOL this is the new 3 ad please let's make it so
: These Bot Lane changes better be good if you're making us wait till Mid-Season for them.
> It's been all season long waiting for this Oh, my sweet summer child! What do you know about waiting? Waiting is for the seasons when the class updates rained down like flies; waiting is the Long Night, when the balance team hides for years and metas are born and live and die all in darkness. That is the time for waiting, my little AmWhaleIRL.
: Sure. Gonna talk more problem statement stuff than exact details but those'll be coming in the next couple weeks. One thing to note is that we're doing less of a giant midseason release this year. Changes will come over a couple of patches, and it'll be smaller scope - there's no Runes Reforged or Elemental Drakes in this one. The changes that are there are likely to be significant, though. Likely to see changes aimed directly at Marksmen on 8.10 or 8.11, possibly both depending when work is finished, and then possible (but definitely not guaranteed) Fighter work in a follow-up patch. We're looking at Marksmen with a few values: 1. The mere fact of getting to two items shouldn't guarantee they're the most valuable champion on a team, but getting ahead should matter a lot. 2. They need to be able to buy early items that ensure they can be fun, have responsive inputs (shoot-step-shoot is pretty unpleasant with no AS), and contribute appropriately. I take that to mean they need to get Attack Speed, potentially movement speed (though less required), and at least some punchy, powerful hits. 3. We're going to be looking for ways to play up the difference between a snowballing champion and one that's merely on the curve - that includes Fighters, Assassins, ADCs, and Mages (though we think Mages are actually more correct than the other three - if they're behind, they provide primarily utility, if they're ahead they can be great damage carries). We'll especially value any time we can hit multiple of these classes with shared items - e.g. items that help both Fighters and Marksmen, or Assassins and Marksmen. 4. Some opportunistic stuff - e.g. reducing the burst damage of very late game Infinity Edge builds to other squishy champions. This will probably mean significant reworks to Infinity Edge, Essence Reaver, Last Whisper/Lord Dominik's Regards, cost changes to things like Phantom Dancer, possibly a new item, likely buffs to some underperforming items, plus some ADC base stat changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Axes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=27mrj62T,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-17T19:31:08.573+0000) > > 2. They need to be able to buy early items that ensure they can be fun, have responsive inputs (shoot-step-shoot is pretty unpleasant with no AS), and contribute appropriately. I take that to mean they need to get Attack Speed, potentially movement speed (though less required), and at least some punchy, powerful hits. i feel like this isn't the best idea though marksmen SHOULD feel weak in the early game. they have the easiest and most consistent form of damage to apply and are extremely important in taking objectives. they shouldn't get to be strong at all stages, and shouldn't have the level of raw cost efficiencty and item diversity they do now. adc itemization is really broken, and shifting more towards a slow and continuous mid to late game ramp as opposed to the adrenaline rush that snowballs exponentially we've had for years now is the way to go. keeping adc itemization strong early will just maintain a lot of issues.
: To everyone whining about feminazis and SJWs regarding Kai'sa...
yeah this mentality of 'suck it SJWs we like titties and so should you' is so juvenile and shameful. i can't believe how many threads we've had over the last week make it to the front page saying essentially that. this has been one of the worst circlejerks in recent memory imo. anyways, it isn't even the issue at hand and doesn't even relate to what riot said initially. the real issue is as stated, that she's grown up in a entropic, lovecraftian -flesh-horror-fest that is supposed to warp and twist your very being but instead comes out looking fairly normal and with a huge v neck that exposes her vulnerable neck and collarbone. the fuck?
: Because those champions were not overperforming even with an op duskblade. If you nerfed duskblade and made no changes to the champions they'd drop to like 45% win rate Those champions absolutely needed compensation
no they didnt just because an overpowered item is nerfed doesn't mean the champs that abused it need buffs say we didn't get the ap item update and morellonomicon just got nerfed instead. that would be like saying because of that, every mage needs massive buffs.
: Old Dev team - created varus draven : lack of mobility, clear weaknesses, constant skillful usage of abilities. Old phantom dancer was strong but didnt have absurd passives like current zeal items. New Dev team - created xayah kai sa cancer : hyper mobile, braindead right click, press 1 button (that you dont even have to aim or target) to 50-0 someone. Add rageblade to varus. Add shiv to draven. Shields invulns stealths low cd ROOTs. Old Dev team nerfs: "holy shit draven is insanely overperforming, scrap his bleed completely and replace it with something not damage oriented" New Dev team - Kaisa Q .05 ad ratio less will fix it LOOOOOOOL , Xayah - 25% less dmg to minions on one ability will fix it. Old dev team - caitlyn has an oppressive lane phase and also scales incredibly well into late with high range and mobility, so her weakness should be mid game and overall low dps. New Dev team - lets make every caitlyn ability do extremely high amounts of damage , higher ad ratios than assassins on her passive , Q, W, E, AND R!!! (objective fact, she has higher ad ratios on all her abilities than assassins) Old dev team - Support's lack of gold is what balance's bot lane power levels compared to other lanes. Support role focused on playmaking , engaging , setting up fights (madlife aphromoo season 3/4) New dev team - insanely overpowered items like ardent censor , redemption, locket, etc etc to transform support into a stat check shielding enchanter role will make it more popular!!!!! oh they will also get close to as much gold as solo laners cause more popular!!!! Freelo is popular. old dev team- balanced AD assassins by limiting the level of total flat armor pen available. It was only available on one item which was brutalizer which built into ghostblade. That was it. Attack speed on ghostblade was alot healthier and smoother form of damage than duskblade. brutalizer + old LW were WAY healthier for AD assassins because they did less damage to squishies in the mid game but did more damage to raw tanks and didnt fall off as hard as lethality does. new dev team- lets add the most failed and cancerous stat called lethality which required multiple reworks and has the most unhealthy powercurve in the entire game. Early mid game it completely destroys everybody!! late game it sucks!!! Buy armor and its useless!! Totally better than Old ghostblade + old lw + brutalizer right?. Then lets balance the lethality champs (that we ourselves broke) BY ADDING NEATO DELAYS in the assassin rework. Lets make zed RNG , some games he will reap 90 AD and become a god , some games he wont have any reap target and will only get 20-30 ad #GOOD mechanic. And most importantly of all: old dev team - something is blatantly overperforming ? Address it ASAP. Remember "scarizarding" champions? Morello was not afraid to slam the nerf hammer. new dev team - oh lets just let it be overpowered for ABOUT 5-6 months before we decide to nerf it. 5 damage off of Janna. .05 ratio off of kaisa. couple attack speed off of ardent censor.
brusque but painfully honest. i hope riot reads this comment. there's a lot of truth here.
: More effective usage of direct quotes. I wish there was a way to sticky this. Regarding what seems to be your concern here, I don't think Zed's recent changes show any disregard for proper counterplay principles. In fact, I think they actually increase Zed's counterplay, by putting increased relative importance into hitting multiple shurikens when playing him. That said, Zed's damage could be higher than it needs to be. That's believable. We have been slowly buffing him up a bit lately because previously we felt he was on the weak side. If it's a bit too far, we'll surely know soon, and if that's the case, we can trim a damage number here or there. Either way, the increased counterplay is still there, regardless of his current exact tuning.
but you just straight buffed him thats the issue here. by 'putting increased relative importance into hitting multiple shurikens' (which isn't really that hard to do to be completely honest, anyone can hit two off an ult), you just straight up increased his damage by a lot. duskblade got rightly nerfed after being dominant for a super long time, and its users did not need compensation buffs. the item was just broken. they guy above is being belligerent but people are wondering why you gave all these ad characters massive buffs (zed most of all) when duskblade was just fundamentally broken and people who could abuse it were just over performing at a lot of levels. sure, maybe a couple like wukong needed a small ration adjustment on q or whatever to compensate but overall ad assassins did not need these big buffs because it was duskblade that was the issue. in a similar vein, plenty of adcs are just fine. its their itemization thats busted and needs nerfs, and the marksmen class doesn't need compensation buffs once you get around to finally nerfing their items.
KoKoboto (NA)
: Why SHOULD range have advantage over melee?? Why CAN'T a melee champion be a lane bully?
range should (almost) always win at range vs melee. melees should be given tools to mitigate this advantage, such as mobility to get within range or defensive steroids and sustain for when they can't. melee should (almost) always win when they get into melee range of a ranged. ranged characters should be given tools to mitigate this advantage, such as poke to bully melees out or crowd control to create distance once they are in. zed by design has always fucked over this dynamic in the mid lane. so has shit like lb, ahri, and new galio.
: What do you guys think is the strongest role in the game?
i laugh when people think that adc is stronger than support adcs are busted sure and so are their itemization but supports are many many many times more influential and powerful
: I want league to be the game where bruisers high damage and high survivability was the biggest issue
'i want league to be the game where my favorite class is broken instead of the class(es) i don't like'
: They're ADC, underlined C. It's their job to carry and deal damage. Whether a hyper-carry, utility or caster, it's kinda their job to carry, or a part of the damage dealers. I don't get what this anti-adc fuss is about. I recently played ranked a lot as support and honestly, it takes a lot more than bot winning lane to determine a game. Top and Mid play really major roles in determining a winning games, whether to get creative or simply carrying out the potential of their roles. ADCs have been more dominant as carry in the past, but these recent games Mid & Top have just as much power in causing a winning or losing game.
> [{quoted}](name=Poop Jelly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=grPu7yjt,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T23:14:41.556+0000) >I don't get what this anti-adc fuss is about. did i really just read this with my own two eyes
: > [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T18:07:06.377+0000) > > buffing champs to allow them to jungle when they werent designed to shows favoritism and only causes power creep for them. i love tahm kench jungle but i know its ass and i don't expect riot to specifically buff him for it, nor am i disapointed when they don't. > > if ekko gets massively increased damage vs jungle monsters, why doesn't talon? he's got a kit that could potentially be good for ganking and clearing, but he doesnt get special treatment on his passive like ekko does. why doesn't gnar, or vel'koz, or braum for that matter? once you start arbitrarily buffing or changing a champion's kit to fit other roles they weren't designed for you start to go down a slippery slope. > > certain champs should not get special treatment. ekko being buffed for no reason whatsoever in order to be able to jungle is special treatment. Kench was primarily a jungler on release. It was his best role by far. I'm sad Kench JG is in such a bad state now. Many champions can work in multiple roles and be officially supported for it. It takes extra work but it's quite doable. This isn't to say that ANY champion is suitable for it but especially the ones with good CC in their kits such as Ekko and Kench make sense.
> [{quoted}](name=LetYourSleepWane,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T18:29:44.828+0000) > > Kench was primarily a jungler on release. It was his best role by far. I'm sad Kench JG is in such a bad state now. Many champions can work in multiple roles and be officially supported for it. It takes extra work but it's quite doable. This isn't to say that ANY champion is suitable for it but especially the ones with good CC in their kits such as Ekko and Kench make sense. back that claim up lol. tahm was designed to be a top laner with support capabilities. he has shifted to primarily a support due to an evolved appreciation for allied devour.
: If you read my post you would see I said essentially the same thing. Champions should be good at a specific thing and be weak in a bunch of ways. Champion mastery would be learning to play around your strengths and midigate your weaknesses to the best of your ability. And medium counters is not in beatable. It simply means you have to play safe and outscale. That's why I used renekton as an example.
No. Champions should not be able to 'outplay' their weaknesses. This is why people hate CertainlyT champs because they do just that. Yasuo should have to land a tornado to get an edge- oh wait, no he doesn't, he can just dash onto you for instant PBAOE. Zoe is a burst mage, who is squishy and fragile - oh wait, her stun is just as potent up close and her cooldowns are ridiculously low. etc. etc. Mastery should be about honing strengths. Champions should always have a weakness and designing a champion around being able to mitigate or remove said weaknesses is horrendous design. Counters should exist, but they shouldnt force you to sit under turret and do nothing all lane phase. This is why top lane has felt so terrible for so long. Some champs can just beat you with a bag of gold or stats and there's nothing you can do about it (renek, panth, ornn, camille) and it feels like shit. 'Play safe and outscale' is not a extant option in this meta because they can just bully, shove, roam. Games snowball out of control and unless youre a hypertank sitting under turret while a lane bully laughs at you through the minion wave won't do shit for your team. This is true for any lane or role or position.
: > [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oGmGF9nP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-07T13:16:52.496+0000) > > Ekko was never intended to be a jungler. If you want to play a champ in the jungle that was never intended for it, you deserve to struggle and fight tooth and nail to make it work. Riot favoritism to some champs in the jungle and not others is sickening. Ekko needs zero buffs. He was even buffed 2x specifically for jungle. I assume it's a role they want him to be competent in. It's also a role that fits his kit and I don't think it makes sense to limit him. Restricting him to mid makes him less accessible and also makes the game less interesting.
buffing champs to allow them to jungle when they werent designed to shows favoritism and only causes power creep for them. i love tahm kench jungle but i know its ass and i don't expect riot to specifically buff him for it, nor am i disapointed when they don't. if ekko gets massively increased damage vs jungle monsters, why doesn't talon? he's got a kit that could potentially be good for ganking and clearing, but he doesnt get special treatment on his passive like ekko does. why doesn't gnar, or vel'koz, or braum for that matter? once you start arbitrarily buffing or changing a champion's kit to fit other roles they weren't designed for you start to go down a slippery slope. certain champs should not get special treatment. ekko being buffed for no reason whatsoever in order to be able to jungle is special treatment.
: I disagree 1000 percent. I think that teamcomps and synergy should be of far higher importance and every champion should have 1 thing they are op at with a plethora of ways they can be abused. I want indeviduals mastery over champions to mean more and cooperation with teammates as early as champion select to be super important. I want there to be more lane counters (like medium counters, not super hard but like renekton level) and most champions should have their scaling into late game reduced. While champions who do scale should have their early game damage reduced.
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PyEQ55G5,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-06T20:23:04.505+0000) > > I want indeviduals mastery over champions to mean more This is hilarious to me because riots seemingly undying goal the last couple of years is to inject artificially high skill ceilings into everything and everyone in order to break every champ past a certain skill level. If youre better at a champ you should of course perform well, but you shouldn’t be allowed to lose counterplay or become unbeatable in certain matchups. Skill level should be about heightening strengths not mitigating weaknesses, whereas riot thinks it should be about both. It’s bad design and it needs to stop.
: Ekko JG Needs A Little Help
Ekko was never intended to be a jungler. If you want to play a champ in the jungle that was never intended for it, you deserve to struggle and fight tooth and nail to make it work. Riot favoritism to some champs in the jungle and not others is sickening. Ekko needs zero buffs.
: There was legit nothing negative about the 500 upvote post. Just stop trying to talk bad about them.
Yes because I enjoyed every thread in gameplay being about Rengar and each thread saying not only the exact same thing but also treating itself as if it were objective Brigading is a nasty habit, and it’s not fun whenever it happens
: They didn't complain that they couldnt one shot. In fact the reworked rengar could one shot way easier. Their champion was straight up ruined and unfun to play. On another note no thread on the rengar main subreddit has EVER gotten that many upvoted that fast. It was clear a lot of other players agreed with them and they had to do what they had to do to get their champ back. Again they arent the same as Shaco mains, they had every right to do what they did. If you want to compare another group compare Sona mains who also complain when their champ is clearly strong. Also here is the most upvoted post about rengar which clearly gets the point across and isnt ranting and is clearly supported by other players: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/q3scZE41-thoughts-on-rengar-revert
That’s why I said ‘oneshot the same way’; if you read my comment you’d have picked up on that Brigading is brigading bud
: They just wanted their champion reverted because he wasn't fun to play. Shaco mains say their champ is weak when he sits at a 53% wr. Not sure how you go and compare those 2 groups.
Rengar mains brigaded and whined for like a week straight and blew up the boards with revert Rengar threads that just read like a bunch of salt that they couldn’t oneshot in the same way as before. They manipulated the upvote system in order to make it look like a lot of people agreed with them when in fact it was just r/rengarmains brigading the entire gameplay board. If that’s not shameful, I don’t know what is.
TehNACHO (NA)
: Ehh, Kat turned out pretty well methinks. Will say though the whole premise of the Assassin Update seems flawed. I've always had the opinion that it's an Assassin's utilities that should define them, how they influence the game as a whole rather than how they kill their target, whereas the Assassin Update primarily focused on the latter, and even worse homogenized the Assassins to an extent. No shit the update will fail if you tell every Assassin to play the same way because either they will all fail together or they will all break the game.
Utility and assassin should not ever be in the same sentence aside from ‘Assassins do not have utility lest they become unbalanceable nightmares’
Eedat (NA)
: People are aware that Zed isn't getting buffed right?
people saying duskblade nerf will hurt the champs that use it conveniently forget that that item was demonstrably overpowered and destroyed item diversity nerf the item. its users don't need all these ridiculous buffs the item was TOO strong on its users they didn't need a buff after.
: It doesn't seem like a whole lot has changed recently that would cause this to be a new thing, but it definitely seems to be something being talked about nowadays. Is this just an optimization players are making more regularly now? Has something changed materially to make this particular tactic more effective? Or is it just the flavor of the month topic on the list of things that suck that about the game? Edit: Thanks for all the responses.
I like Riots bold new plan of passive aggressive comments in the face of any criticism, be it valid or invalid
: Buying a QSS doesn't make Skarner and Malz ults useless because they can just ult someone else or still ult you and make you blow a 90s cooldown item in a teamfight. The only way to make their ults truly useless is if everyone on your team bought QSS which would be a total of 6500 gold. There is actually a cost and skill involved in countering their ultimates and prices to be paid in order to do so. Having a single person on your team spam buy pink wards for 75 gold a piece to invalidate an entire champion has almost not cost attached to it and takes absolutely zero skill to use. You still have to keep track of your QSS cooldown and use it at the right time in order for it to be effective. Buying a pink and dropping it down in a fight takes 0 skill and has almost no price to be paid. Can't really compare the two. If you played during Season 3 and 4 you would understand how huge of a difference there is between those two.
If not a 75 gold ward that takes up a whole slot, there should be other ways to counter and negate invisibility. There are many reasons I hate playing versus an Akali, and one of the biggest is that she can drop an 8 second fuck you zone and you can’t do anything about it. Or Vayne turning on ult and becoming impossible to catch and duel. Or being unable to ward for Shaco anymore. Removing the sole source of counterplay to a mechanic is the worst thing a balance team can do to this game.
Sparkle (NA)
: Yes. Every game designer and playtester who works in Gameplay plays League of Legends basically every day (and quite often multiple times a day) whether on internal environments, PBE or the live game. But you knew that, yeah? This isn't really a question, it's one of those "sick burns" that the kids like these days right? :P Let me add that as a frequent Boards-goer it's really disappointing to see the same tired, old memes at the top of the front page about the "balance team being silver" and "balance team doesn't even play the game", and I'm not even on the dang balance team. They're simply not true and, real talk from someone on the dev side, I think topics like this can be really discouraging for Rioters who want to come here and talk directly with players.
as a frequent board-goer its really disappointing to see the same tired old responses from rioters when they get feedback or criticism, even criticism as blunt and pointless as this thread. maybe next time try to adequately defend the repeated pattern of poor decisions made by the balance team the last two years instead of getting frustrated and whining that 'people are too mean to us poor rioters on the boards'. grow up. you all are working for a multibillion dollar company on the biggest game in the world and you're bleeding players because of crap like this. respond to criticism. if you don't like it when people make threads like this, don't respond to them, and instead respond to the legion of threads addressing specific points and concerns that have populated these boards for years but you all ignore. you're feeding the monster by responding to personal attacks and not rational criticism. 'discouraging for rioters?' don't make me laugh. it would take an entirely separate post to list the grievances league players have against the balance team for just this season so far, and another for season 7, another for season 6.
Ant (NA)
: What criticisms were those?
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/Eqpl4URO-to-be-honest-zoes-characterization-is-atrocious
Ant (NA)
: I wanted to say thanks for making Zoe
it isnt just her gameplay that was atrocious, her narrative and placement in the league universe is obnoxious and poorly thought out. the narrative team's blithe refusal to listen to very real criticisms leading up to her release was shameful, a real letdown from an otherwise stellar department.
VØIÐ (EUW)
: Why does Janna always have a high win-rate?
she does one thing really well extremely easily and the thing she does (godlike peel and carry protection) will never be out of meta
: 200 Range
CRIES IN TAHM KENCH
GigglesO (NA)
: As a Morde Main I do not approve.
So Irelia with her 10000 dashes, cage, and AoE stun can have 200 range but Tahm can’t?
: Who do you hope's gonna be featured in this April's Roadmap?
Lenn (NA)
: signatures on posts are stupid
My personal favorite thing was when Almighty said that he only uses a signature because he wants to show off that he got such a ‘cool’ name before everyone else
: If you really want to buff Rakan
rakan isn't a tank supp, he shouldn't be melee and forced to go relic. he's a nimble lil catcher who likes his coin perfectly fine.
: Which season do you think was the most balanced and fun to play in?
this literally isn't even because i main tahm but i feel like the meta around his release was perfect because it was post cinderhulk but pre juggernaut. from tahm to kindred was perfect because we hadn't yet hit critical mass on the fiora/GP reworks and the juggernaut fiasco wasn't there yet either. plenty of diversity in the mid lane, top, and jungle. adc's weren't broken and served the function of objective takers and tank whittlers. life was simple.
: 6 years since the last real enchanter support
'real' enchanter as in point and click walking shield/heal bot? granted nami is better than most but i'd rather see the current, unhealthy play patterns for ranged enchanter supports updated before we get another one
: SAD NEWS
this seems pretty shifty. guy gets killed by a single punch to the face by a random stranger, no other context is given, and the first thing is cousin thinks is to put it in GD on the LoL boards with the title SAD NEWS? if its true I feel for you but this doesn't seem genuine.
: List of champs that have a spin move
For Hecarim, you mean URF and not ARAM?
: @Riot I know you probably don't care about Aram balance much but Dark harvest is really overpowered
If ur not a champ that takes Comet, Footwork, or Aftershock there is literally no reason to take anything but Dark Harvest ever on like every other champ. It’s pretty ridiculous.
: I think it was designed to help bruisers beat tanks past 3 items, but it still doesn't help them beat tanks in lane. Either give us back a powercreeped version of Fervor to keep up with the new and better keystones or make PtA give 2% increased damage on-hit (let's say 1% for ranged), max 10%. Or better even, make PtA proc after 2 stacks for melees so you can proc it with aa + aa reset (most bruisers have this mechanic).
if everyone could instantly proc press the attack like shyv it would be beyond broken
Keundt (NA)
: [Champion Concept] Logan, the Most Vigilant Player
but why rework ezreal and slap the kit onto a new champion nothing about this makes sense. you just took ezreal's kit and added some cc and utility and shifted the damage around. this isn't a proper concept you just ripped off an existing champ.
: Hey up, Malicious! This was really neat to read, and ofc. I can't give much feedback on it (nor would I be the best person to do so anyway) but reading it DID make me curious about a possible long-distance problem/clash that could crop up, so I've reached out to give it a bit of visibility. Sorry I have to be so vague (you understand) but I did want to let you know that you shook something loose outta my brain. Might not be a real problem, but early warnings not needed are much better than a too late warning that shocks and dismays.
: In reality new runes just destroyed the game balance : we have never seen this many complains !
riot's obsession with keystone runes have ruined the game for over 2 years now
: > [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2udPEN3i,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-18T01:45:59.903+0000) > > hashinshin is fulll of shit tbh. he just wants all his champs buffed and for only fighters to be playable in top and jungle. he's pretty whiny and entitled at this point and i don't have much respect for him, although i feel bad for him in that he's become such a meme. > > top is relatively okay, lots of fighter mains are just attributing their concerns to tanks as opposed to bot lane where the real problems lie. tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time. I play this game where I see if I can guess the rank based on the comment. I guessed silver and lo and behold was correct. > tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time So much stupid in one sentence.
thats why there isnt a single tank in the top 15 winrates top lane besides sion, the same for tier, or the fact that fighters are still being played in competitive. i don't expect much from the fighter circlejerk anymore however. name a fighter that's actually weak and needs buffs top lane.
: Individual counterplay? There's bugger-all unless you've hard CC with reasonable uptime, the ability to play keep-away a la Anivia's **Ice Wall**, you can burst him out before he can get to you, or you can kite him despite Wither. *The same as most other juggernauts. Kiting is super effective against them.* But, he can sure as shit be brought down by multiple people pretty easily, contrary to what so many people whine about. At least don't try to 1v1 someone who's strengths are huge objective damage and _being pretty damn good at winning 1v1's if he can close the distance_, and complaining that you're losing at it. You're playing to his strengths if you fight him mano a mano! It's like trying to manfight a Tryndamere!
nasus doesn't win 1v1s by being skillful or at least crafty like a fiora or something. he just withers you and then mashes the q as fast as possible. there's nothing you can do against it. ? 'don't fight him in melee' is the weakest excuse for counterplay. what is 60% of the roster supposed to do? and champs that require an entire team to defeat are awful design.
: Even if you can't do that any more then just try to deathball his team and get a lead there instead. When you start losing fights against him, they're not gonna start going your way very soon if nothing changes. What a lot of people do is try to poke at him when they can't fight him, which he brushes off. And if they go in for an all-in they just end up dying in many of the cases. So rather than risk dying they sit back and farm themselves, which is playing right into his hands. While you're sitting back there, you could instead be duo-ganking with your jungler, or deathballing bot lane. Sure, he'll probably get your tower, and some free stacks but you've equalised at least some of it instead of just hanging back hoping not to die until your jungler _and_ midlaner come to help. That's something I abuse when I play him, I hate taking my tower early because while it stands, the enemy laner feels obligated to try to protect it, when they're as effective as a siege minion at fighting me. But if it's gone and mine is still standing, they are much more likely to roam. So I keep them there as long as possible, and just deny them gold or occasionally kill them because they just can't make damage stick and if they all-in they likely die. It's horrifically greedy if the first turret's not been taken already, but what's a 1/6 Riven gonna do to my team because she stayed top lane to scrape what farm got to the tower, instead of ganking others with the jungler and ending up 4/2?
'the counterplay to nasus is that there isn't any. focus on beating his other 4 teammates instead'
: > [{quoted}](name=Pink Leg Warmers,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LMTKQ0Os,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-18T01:15:17.040+0000) > > Bully him? > > He out trades most bruiser with a sheen Bully him better. Deny him farm. Deny him that sheen. Buy your sheen, just do something. Anything but let him farm. If you let him kill you so easily early on, then you failed miserably.
what does this even mean.....you can't bully a nasus. he just waveclears with e and lifesteals poke. that's not counterplay anymore.
: Its really confusing to me whats going on with top lane atm
hashinshin is fulll of shit tbh. he just wants all his champs buffed and for only fighters to be playable in top and jungle. he's pretty whiny and entitled at this point and i don't have much respect for him, although i feel bad for him in that he's become such a meme. top is relatively okay, lots of fighter mains are just attributing their concerns to tanks as opposed to bot lane where the real problems lie. tanks still get outscaled and lose lane to fighters all the time.
: {{champion:131}} {{champion:89}}
> [{quoted}](name=Unrefõrmed,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vuzr4oLY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-17T21:25:42.105+0000) > > {{champion:131}} {{champion:89}} pretty sure a few years back some rioter actually confirmed diana is in love with leona. there hasn't been much about it since though, even with the targon update.
: where exactly did you get your statistics from? because even as far as top goes, hes like rank 30 atm. http://www.op.gg/champion/nasus/statistics/top
false statistic, relevant point nasus is way too strong. i can't think of losing matchups right now as opposed to before his slew of buffs.
Show more

THE RlVER KlNG

Level 61 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion