Drugoth (NA)
: Chermorg may be a bit of a keener, but I doubt he's a troll.
> [{quoted}](name=3SheetsTotheWind,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WLMfYkky,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-08-06T05:43:34.488+0000) > > Chermorg may be a bit of a keener, but I doubt he's a troll. I doubt he trolls in-game, if that's what you're getting at...but his behavior on these boards is QUITE troll-esque, more often than not. Edit: There isn't a 'mute' function on these forums, is there?
: Another round of horrifyingly negative chat logs for a 10 game restriction
And I agree, lol. People always [conveniently] trying to act like you can't type shit while you run back to lane, recall, etc. Like "oh, I'm sorry you type 25 wpm, but it doesn't mean that it took me more than about 5 seconds to form that sentence...?" Lmao Regardless, it's a video game...for entertainment...people play it for human interactions AS WELL AS the game itself. Why do you think so many people are leaving as the community continues to go to shit? Unless you're one of those kinda of people that actually believe the whole "only %5 of players are toxic" load of shit that Riot keeps pushing...
: Another round of horrifyingly negative chat logs for a 10 game restriction
Posts a meme about millennials While supporting a hilariously stupid attempt at creating a 'safe space' on the fucking INTERNET I'm convinced that Chermorg is a PERFECT example of how the trolls just adapt to 'play' around Riots shitty anti-'toxicity' system, lol. Irony abounds
: Account
you're* (huehuehue) Riot believes in turning the other cheek/taking the high road/being the bigger man, and having faith that their IFS is doing it's job/working as intended because they say so. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's hilariously pathetic to many of us...but it is what it is, and if you want to play their game you have to abide by their safe-space rules. Honestly, I would take the 2 weeks to find another game...you'll probably find that you're in a much better mood, and actually decide to not even really come back to League, or drastically reduce how much time you spend playing it. Otherwise, just level up a smurf or something, kill time until your temp ban is up, and be happy that you have another chance and weren't perm banned like a lot of people have been for 'stupid' reasons. Oh, and I would seriously recommend just muting everybody/unbinding your chat key/removing your enter key from your keyboard when you play, if that's what you need to do to not talk to people. There is a LOT of Grey area regarding 'toxic' chat, and no CLEAR outlines regarding what constitutes it, really, so it's the easiest way. You can get your honor rewards back fairly quickly after your ban is up (my bro did it in about 3 days), although I'm not sure how long it takes to get out of the 'dishonorable' phase. But seriously, that second 'real' paragraph where I mention finding another game. I would strongly consider that one. I bet you won't even WANT to play League as much, anymore, as you'll find yourself in much better moods not having to deal with this Toxic af community.
: Well, I'm not toxic, and I downvoted him. My reason why? It's kinda pointless for people to make posts asking for their accounts to be unbanned when even in the body of the post, they mention it was a just ban. They then claim they've reformed/learned the error of their ways, etc. and ask to have an unban appeal considered, but the reality is this: Riot won't unban people if their ban was just, and learning the error of your ways on the 2nd/4th (final) offense isn't exactly the best timing to learn it. Either learn it when they warn you (chat restrictions), learn it when they _tell_ you (14-day suspension), or learn your lesson too late. Is it harsh that I think people only learning when they get banned is dumb or phony? Yes. But, unfortunately, repeat offenders need to be punished, and people have to be conscious about reforming, so my stance remains, and I will generally downvote any posts like this. Also, to the OP: If you really have reformed, just start up a new account and take the lessons you've learned to it. That's all I can really say to you, with respect.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BOZ0XtAU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-05T22:55:22.332+0000) > > Well, I'm not toxic, and I downvoted him. > > My reason why? It's kinda pointless for people to make posts asking for their accounts to be unbanned when even in the body of the post, they mention it was a just ban. > > They then claim they've reformed/learned the error of their ways, etc. and ask to have an unban appeal considered, but the reality is this: > > Riot won't unban people if their ban was just, and learning the error of your ways on the 2nd/4th (final) offense isn't exactly the best timing to learn it. Either learn it when they warn you (chat restrictions), learn it when they _tell_ you (14-day suspension), or learn your lesson too late. > > Is it harsh that I think people only learning when they get banned is dumb or phony? Yes. But, unfortunately, repeat offenders need to be punished, and people have to be conscious about reforming, so my stance remains, and I will generally downvote any posts like this. > > Also, to the OP: If you really have reformed, just start up a new account and take the lessons you've learned to it. That's all I can really say to you, with respect. You're toxic, and in denial then. People are not used to having to adhere to such strict censorship on competitive video games, and when they come here people should behave like Attysu or Djinn did in their responses. Instead, we have people who don't even bother to reply with ANYTHING constructive, or just blatant flaming, or passive aggressive flaming like downvoting. You can pretend it's not toxic all you want, but if someone making a joke like "you're more toxic than Hiroshima" is considered toxic, then downvoting someone, who obviously has an issue controlling their behavior(s) in-game, just because they post out of ignorance is definitely toxic. We should be offering understanding and to help them in changing their ways/coping with the ridiculous toxicity in this community, if that's what they want...or even just politely letting them know that Riot doesn't typically overturn bans unless they were in error. Instead people just want to downvote, flame, tar and feather, and/or just shame them. It's fucking sad, really, and definitely toxic.
: It did in fact look like a very white butthole, and it was only within ear shot of co workers, but it was enough for them to claim sexual harassment. I only remember telling 1 person. And yeah quality of PJ pizza varies, since its a franchise. I could write people up, send people home. It was mostly dealing with angry customers and the occassional death threats.
> [{quoted}](name=JaaamesBaaaxter,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wZoaIbfZ,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-05T21:00:27.882+0000) > > It did in fact look like a very white butthole, and it was only within ear shot of co workers, but it was enough for them to claim sexual harassment. I only remember telling 1 person. > > And yeah quality of PJ pizza varies, since its a franchise. > > I could write people up, send people home. > > > It was mostly dealing with angry customers and the occassional death threats. LOL, bruhhhh!!!!! Sounds like someone bleached their asshole and must've thought you found out and were 'throwing shade' LMFAO who tf makes death threats to a Papa Johns ASM? Did you report them toxic? /cryinglaughingemoji I don't even care about what we were actually talking about, anymore, this shit is gold.
MuIto (NA)
: 1 sentence = 10 game chat ban. I dont think that should be the case. Not being able to communicate is terrible. Especially as an ADC main.
> [{quoted}](name=surreptitious,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wZoaIbfZ,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-08-05T20:52:44.009+0000) > > 1 sentence = 10 game chat ban. I dont think that should be the case. Not being able to communicate is terrible. Especially as an ADC main. I agree with you, my man...I think that it's Toxic to mute people, honestly...like your team shouldn't have to suffer just because you're an overly sensitive, coddled little baby who gets hurt/offended by mere words; in fact, if that's the case it begs the question "wtf are you doing on the internet in the first place?" in my opinion... but unfortunately this is Riot's world, and we have to play by their rules...however nonsensical and dumb we (a LOT of players) think they may be.
: Does an assistant manager at Papa Johns count? Also I got fired from Knotts berry farm for saying that the funnel cake batter looked like a bleached asshole
> [{quoted}](name=JaaamesBaaaxter,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wZoaIbfZ,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2017-08-05T20:55:12.646+0000) > > Does an assistant manager at Papa Johns count? > > Also I got fired from Knotts berry farm for saying that the funnel cake batter looked like a bleached asshole Do ASM's handle hiring/termination? On a serious note, y'all have come a long way with the pizza, bruh...I used to have PJ's, but shit is tastey af now. Also, did the funnel cake batter actually look like a bleached asshole? I think you may have a case of wrongful termination here...LOL
MuIto (NA)
: Chat banned for no actual reason????
Hiroshima = incredibly toxic That's a FACT. Perfect comparison Bro just stop posting on these boards. It's just a chat restriction. Just stop unmuting people once you mute them, and now you know that Riot really IS trying to create a 'safe space' on the interwebs (hilarious) and you can't say anything other than carebear kindness. Just be happy you didn't get banned/perm banned
: Yeah, that sentence would get you fired from any job really. If youre going to say shit like that, your privileges of using the chat system should be hindered.
> [{quoted}](name=JaaamesBaaaxter,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wZoaIbfZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-08-05T18:39:25.409+0000) > > Yeah, that sentence would get you fired from any job really. Clearly someone who has never held any sort of position of power at any job, ever, lmfao. If you honestly believe this, then I really feel bad for you and your sensitivity.
MuIto (NA)
: Chat banned for no actual reason????
If it makes you feel better, bro, I honestly HOPE you got chat restricted for the Hiroshima joke, which was fucking hilarious imo. Literally laughed out loud when I read your chat logs. I was confused af before that, though...I mean, really, I still am...but I'm kinda not because I'm fairly certain that's the reason. This IFS just keeps getting worse and worse, lmfao. Good god
: Ban appeal - NotASmurfer123
This is the shit I talk about all the time. Like why does someone feel the need to come downvote this guy? Toxic players who like to pretend they aren't toxic just because they don't use mean words...*eyeroll*
: Why Do Players Do This?
What POOP said, lol. Also, I think you're going to get pseudo-flamed for 'name shaming' I think you're supposed to 'blot' out their name(s) or something.
: alright you are right, i just played a game with an unranked and he went 2/14. Now i know why people hate unranked players
> [{quoted}](name=Jardian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YrEoT8Mw,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2017-08-05T20:08:07.225+0000) > > alright you are right, i just played a game with an unranked and he went 2/14. Now i know why people hate unranked players I play with Ranked people who go 2/14 all the time. It's not a ranked/unranked thing, trust me...lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Taeyang73,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=o6mnwKEV,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2017-08-05T19:56:51.177+0000) > >it IS possible to make trolls stfu and stop just by talking shit to them and making them realize what a piece of shit they are. I've seen it done countless times. So, someone shit talking at you/trolling your game....is shut up/stopped by you shit talking at them? If it worked, why didn't you stfu when they were originally shit talking/trolling? They were trolling your game, int feeding or whatever to prove that you were a piece of shit. If doing that shut someone up, you wouldn't have lashed out.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=o6mnwKEV,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-05T20:12:39.301+0000) > > So, someone shit talking at you/trolling your game....is shut up/stopped by you shit talking at them? If it worked, why didn't you stfu when they were originally shit talking/trolling? They were trolling your game, int feeding or whatever to prove that you were a piece of shit. If doing that shut someone up, you wouldn't have lashed out. I never said I did it, personally, did I...? Your post is approaching incoherence/desperate clawing, so I'm just going to walk away before I get baited in to a flame war with you. Have a good one, buddy, gl/hf.
Velthios (NA)
: Riot, They broke your banning system and it's DISGUSTING
I bet they got COUNTLESS accounts banned during this process, too, because those people should have taken the high road and just muted these players. OH WAIT, THEY DON'T TALK? IFS working as intended, indeed.{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: Just tried ranked after months of playing normals as a new league player
Honestly, man...it's not going to get any better...If it's ruining your fun, I would seriously recommend just staying away from ranked. Except people in norms are just as toxic the majority of the time...at least based on my experience... But Riot continues to try and push this "Only %5 of players are toxic" propaganda, lmao. Must be nice to be playing THAT League of Legends, right?{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: Help please, logged on for the first time in months and it says I'm perma banned.
What does the reform card say? If there isn't a reform card, I've seen them lock people's accounts to protect them from unauthorized log-ins. Hopefully that's why, but as Time said you can open a ticket and find out for sure.
: You can get thrown out of a bar for yelling at people. You can get thrown out of a restaurant for wandering around and criticizing everyone's wine selections. You can get banned from walmart if you try. You can get thrown out/banned from LoL if you make it unpleasant to be in the same game as yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=o6mnwKEV,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-08-04T19:13:46.984+0000) > > You can get thrown out of a bar for yelling at people. You can get thrown out of a restaurant for wandering around and criticizing everyone's wine selections. > > You can get banned from walmart if you try. > > You can get thrown out/banned from LoL if you make it unpleasant to be in the same game as yourself. Lol, people always try to bring up these half-ass metaphors and it makes me laugh. First of all, we have to completely disregard the fact that you would have to be INCREDIBLY disruptive in order for that to happen...but let's pretend, for the convenience of your argument, that it's easy... You won't get kicked out of a bar for telling the person yelling to shut the fuck up. Also, poor analogy because you can't get kicked out of a GAME on League just for being toxic/trolling. If this was the case, a LOT less people WOULD be toxic, bc you could just kick the troll. You won't get thrown out of a restaurant for confronting the antagonizer in your example, and telling them they are acting like a fucking douche bag and telling them to stfu. Also, poor analogy for the same reason I explained above. You should watch that video someone posted yesterday, about WHY League is such a Toxic community- Helplessness...but I digress. It's INCREDIBLY difficult to get banned from Walmart. Pretty much the only way it's going to happen is if you actually STEAL from them...and even then, it's not a PERMANENT ban first of all, and it's only from that one store/INCREDIBLY difficult for them to enforce (kinda like Riot being unable to stop the people they ban from making new accounts) You can get banned from LoL if you tell the person flaming yourself OR your teammates to stfu, and/or just generally shit on them...and on that note, idc what any of you say, it IS possible to make trolls stfu and stop just by talking shit to them and making them realize what a piece of shit they are. I've seen it done countless times. Sure, it's some sort of twisted vigilante 'justice' lol, but it works and you can't argue that. (Not saying it works ALL the time, but if it's bothering other players they can simply mute very easily) All I'm saying is that they are fighting a futile battle. It's literally impossible to end trolling lol...I literally compare this to the war on Terror. You can't fight a war against terror and ever actually 'win.' All Riot is doing is sending in drone-strikes, and creating 'home-grown' trolls, because more often than not, the people who get banned end up going on some sort of 'crusade' out of spite, and make it their mission to show Riot what toxic ACTUALLY is. (It's not talking shit to trolls, hate to break it to ya) Similar to the US helping ISIS/etc recruit with our carelessness/mass killings of civilians with OUR drone strikes. Thanks for your thoughts.
: Any Possibility Riot Releases Win Percentage Stats of Honorable Players?
: Why So Many Trolls?
Because Rito keeps banning people who don't/can't control their tempers and "take the high road" with trolls. Or maybe they just aren't used to HAVING to do that, bc I literally can't think of ANY other games that are even CLOSE to being as strict on what's said in comms...especially when you have a mute button...so talking shit back to trolls is just sort of 'engrained' in them. As a result, they get very upset/angry and [d]evolve in to full-fledged trolls, instead of being douches that you can just [ironically] mute. Just my personal opinion/theory on the subject...but I don't have a PhD in psychology
TheDark6007 (EUNE)
: Unfair suspension
Who are we to say that someone should have to learn self control, versus another person needing to learn to be less sensitive and stop allowing themselves to be hurt/affected by mere words from an anonymous angry person/troll on the internet, though? The internet is a dangerous place...always has been, always will be, and it's futile for Riot to pretend otherwise in my honest opinion...they are flogging a dead horse trying to eradicate trolls/toxicity from an online competitive game- it's just never going to happen...especially when these people can go make another account so easily. We love to tell these 'toxic' players that "life isn't fair," and to "just mute them," but that goes both ways. I can promise you that nobody in the real world is going to get thrown in prison for 'flaming' somebody...save some VERY extreme cases lol...this kind of punishment system is sending the wrong message to people. (again, in my opinion)
: Banned
Maybe don't quit, but don't play as much? ie instead of having League as your "main" game, have it as a secondary/back-burner game that you play every once in a while when you're bored/need a change from whatever game you decide to move on to. It's worked for me, personally. My brother got perm banned recently and I've been trying to convince him to do the same thing...but he's a stubborn son of a saint, LOL...
: Read the text at the bottom of your reformcard, below the chatlogs. It states clearly, that you are no longer welcome in this community. Quit, dont create a new account, it woud get banned sooner or later anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=Cantabrum,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zv9EPfAA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-08-03T08:03:53.030+0000) > > Read the text at the bottom of your reformcard, below the chatlogs. > It states clearly, that you are no longer welcome in this community. > Quit, dont create a new account, it woud get banned sooner or later anyway. People like you are just as bad as the 'toxic' players that get banned, tbh. Thanks for helping to ruin this community.
: I think your system is too sensitive
They are very stern and strict about making fun of mentally handicapped people/homosexuals/anything that can be even remotely considered 'hate speech' I agree with you %100 (that the system is too toxic), but alas we don't get to make the rules... Just find another game, tbh...this game is just continuing downhill, and they are just enabling these entitled brats and "creative" trolls, as I like to call them...because they play the system and troll without TECHNICALLY breaking any rules. I wish Riot would just accept that this isn't something they can actually even prevent, admit defeat, and move on from it. Their mass bannings are only perpetuating the problem -in my opinion- and creating MORE trolls, because a lot of the time the people getting banned either already WERE and it's a smurf, or they just remake an account with the sole intention of trolling "riot" out of spite; in some sort of personal vendetta/crusade to ruin the game and cause Riot to lose players. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is simply in denial and/or ignorant...probably because they just mute everybody and don't actually interact with people... Part of gaming IS the interactions with other players, and when a large percentage of your player base [admittedly] just /mutesall every single game, that's just sad...again, in my personal opinion. Edit: I meant I agree with you %100 that the system is too sensitive*
AceGeo (NA)
: 3 years of ARAM dodges
Some people don't like to learn new things. Personally, I find it hilariously entertaining...but to each their own =\ They should implement some way for people to 'resume' their previous lobby...or something of the sort...if a player dodged out of the match. That would be pretty cool, and I imagine it wouldn't be TOO terribly difficult?
aznDanny (NA)
: For April fools
> [{quoted}](name=Gravis1234556677,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Nvz2HULq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-08-04T17:12:50.619+0000) > > For April fools LMAO, just for 1 log-in, then they are perm banned again. I would literally set up a camera in my brother's room. The video would go viral, %100 certain.
JhinSpatula (EUNE)
: How to not get permabanned
"for behaviors that are represented by words" "represented by words" "words" You can try to deflect and change topic/show everyone how 'smart' you are all you want, but at the end of the day what I said was not incorrect. You just didn't like my layman phrasing because, well...that's your personal favorite way of being passive aggressive on these boards, and trolling people, without TECHNICALLY breaking any rules. Since you are so convinced that I'M the one who is incorrect, please feel free to go and get yourself a chat restriction by simply using sentences/phrases of imaginary words that 'behave' like known 'toxic' words. (key words) It's different, sure, but the sequence STARTS with 1...so you have to find the "1" before you can even BEGIN looking for the Fibonacci sequence. so 1 is a KEY number to finding the Fibonacci sequence, and without the other numbers there would be no sequence at all. Key NUMBERS.
Chermorg (NA)
: My personal life is fine, for your information. Nice *ad hominem* though. In the example, the system has learned, through examining lots of equations such as 24*6 that it should, for example, look for *multiplication*. It looks for *behaviors* that are merely represented by patterns of words. If you don't understand the difference there, you actually have no concept of how language works.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-08-03T18:14:25.998+0000) > >It looks for *behaviors* that are merely represented by patterns of words. > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-08-03T18:14:25.998+0000) >Words So, [key] words... Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!
Drugoth (NA)
: No, it's not just a support thing lol. I'm a support main too and I never flame.
> [{quoted}](name=3SheetsTotheWind,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3LEsU13f,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-03T14:25:08.163+0000) > > No, it's not just a support thing lol. I'm a support main too and I never flame. Serious question... Do you just enjoy going in to peoples' posts and patting yourself on the back THAT much?
Eztate (NA)
: Perm banned off second toxicity?
Lol at these guys defending their teasing of someone regarding his/her less-than-perfect English skills. I'm a fucking dick, at times, but even I'M not THAT much of a dick. Get 'em, Eld
: Is this a joke?
I agree with you %100 about both of these things, believe me...I was simply offering help in the only way that I know how...please don't shoot the messenger :( Just be happy it's not a perm ban, my friend, and I recommend just muting the entire game every time. As I mentioned, to jump straight to a 14-day means that you hate to have used 'hate-speech,' or been pretty over the top with what you were saying. Seriously, just mute everyone before you get perm banned. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to you, it's no fun at all.
Cabruh (NA)
: But you just called him dense, assuming hes always right, and hes desperate to convince himself that doesnt really support your position that you have "good" intentions. Shows youre just being more of an ass. Clearly wishing him a better personal life was intended to tell him he already had a bad one. Now ill wish you a happy personal life and stop wasting my time with you. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Cabruh,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-03T17:30:23.283+0000) > > But you just called him dense, assuming hes always right, and hes desperate to convince himself that doesnt really support your position that you have &quot;good&quot; intentions. Shows youre just being more of an ass. Clearly wishing him a better personal life was intended to tell him he already had a bad one. > Now ill wish you a happy personal life and stop wasting my time with you. :) See, that's your issue. You assume that just because I say these things about him, that it means I don't like him as a person. Just because I think that someone is dense, always thinks their right, etc, doesn't mean that I think they are a bad PERSON, nor that I want bad things to happen to him...and it's quite presumptuous of you to try and pretend otherwise. But clearly you know everything, including my own personal motives for things, and how I meant things that I said, so I suppose there's no convincing someone as omniscient as yourself otherwise. Thanks, you too buddy<3
Karfuss (EUW)
: That is how it works. It's called operant conditioning. You positively reinforce good behaviour, thus maintaining good behaviour and increasing likelihood that others follow suit. Cheese cube for a rat pulling a lever, skin for a LoL player at the end of the year. So on and so on. Problem is that reinforcement doesn't happen nearly as frequently for it to be effective. A random skin in December isn't an incentive for someone to stop flaming in July. Rewards have to be constant or very big. Exclusive access to special game modes if you haven't been banned in 12 months, and exclusive skin sets, is a start. This is something the new honor system should fulfil, which is a case of better late than never. Surprised this didn't happen under Riot Lyte who had a Psychology PhD, Skinner's work is fundamental in manipulating behaviour. Guess he got a bit too vain and was caught up making League his little pet project, experimenting with what he thought will work, rather than what he knew would.
> [{quoted}](name=Karfuss,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=anPmvOVy,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2017-08-03T17:24:53.278+0000) > > That is how it works. It&#x27;s called operant conditioning. > > You positively reinforce good behaviour, thus maintaining good behaviour and increasing likelihood that others follow suit. Cheese cube for a rat pulling a lever, skin for a LoL player at the end of the year. So on and so on. > > Problem is that reinforcement doesn&#x27;t happen nearly as frequently for it to be effective. A random skin in December isn&#x27;t an incentive for someone to stop flaming in July. Rewards have to be constant or very big. > > Exclusive access to special game modes if you haven&#x27;t been banned in 12 months, and exclusive skin sets, is a start. This is something the new honor system should fulfil, which is a case of better late than never. Surprised this didn&#x27;t happen under Riot Lyte who had a Psychology PhD, Skinner&#x27;s work is fundamental in manipulating behaviour. Guess he got a bit too vain and was caught up making League his little pet project, experimenting with what he thought will work, rather than what he knew would. Oh I like you a lot <3
Drugoth (NA)
: @ Toxic players: YOU are the minority.
Where is this %95 number coming from, if you don't mind me asking? Sorry, so many people throwing around imaginary 'stats' like that, and I've never seen the %95 one mentioned before (that I can recall), so I am sincerely curious.
: Is this a joke?
You must have said something EXTREMELY inflammatory to immediately get a 14-day...but as Void asked, if you share your reform card people here will be able to better assist you in finding out exactly what it was.
: You daily dose of Bronze...
Incoming flames for shaming.
Lagwar (NA)
: Yea I did open task manager, tried runnning league as an admin but to no avail, I ran a full client repair afterwards and everything began working fine, I guess I deserve this for being impatient and not trying to repair it before trying to log into another game, but I mean..why would I try a repair when it was working fine 30 mins ago lol, anyways I got low prio queued 5 mins 5 games, kinda tilting and actually just 30 mins ago I got randomly attempting to reconnect and my internet was fine cuz I could open youtube/download stuff etc, restarting my PC made me able to reconnect but of course a ~8min afk is too much so that was a loss and now im low prio queued 10mins 5 games...this hasnt been my week.
> [{quoted}](name=Lagwar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3n4UBh4r,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-03T17:19:04.894+0000) > > Yea I did open task manager, tried runnning league as an admin but to no avail, I ran a full client repair afterwards and everything began working fine, I guess I deserve this for being impatient and not trying to repair it before trying to log into another game, but I mean..why would I try a repair when it was working fine 30 mins ago lol, anyways I got low prio queued 5 mins 5 games, kinda tilting and actually just 30 mins ago I got randomly attempting to reconnect and my internet was fine cuz I could open youtube/download stuff etc, restarting my PC made me able to reconnect but of course a ~8min afk is too much so that was a loss and now im low prio queued 10mins 5 games...this hasnt been my week. Yeah, I feel you man...that's no fun at all...like you already got fucked out of your promos, and then it's like they just throw salt in the wound and kick you when you're down haha. If restarting fixed the problem, then I still feel like you are experiencing a similar problem to what I am... When you opened task manager, are you sure that you killed ALL of the League processes? As I mentioned, there are MULTIPLE, not just one. Additionally, from my experience, I can't instantly reopen League...like I have to kill the processes, wait for a second, then do it. Like if I rush, which is obviously our natural reaction when something like that happens haha >.<, it never works...but if I take a deep breath and take my time, it usually does. I don't mean to frustrate you more, sorry...I'm sure you know what you're doing/talking about, but just trying to be thorough.
Cabruh (NA)
: God, I have a really good feeling you got chat restricted at least once. You really are a passive aggressive a-hole. And you tell others you hope their personal lives get better lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Cabruh,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-03T17:12:02.559+0000) > > God, I have a really good feeling you got chat restricted at least once. You really are a passive aggressive a-hole. And you tell others you hope their personal lives get better lol. Incorrect, although your post is quite ironic and amusing. Why is that a bad thing, to well-wish others? Just seems like someone who has a lot of pent up aggression/emotions, based on the posts I've seen...so I hope that whatever is causing his sour moods clears up. That aside, even if I am incorrect, why do you feel that wishing someone's personal life -outside of these boards- improves is a bad thing? It's not. Personal life is bad- I hope it gets better Personal life is GOOD- I hope it gets EVEN better? Just because you seem to be a little overly sensitive, in my opinion, doesn't make me a bad/toxic person. I'm sorry if my words [have] offend(ed) you, but I think that you just mistake my 'cold/blunt' tone for rudeness when that's not necessarily the case.
: Should read the whole thing, they have some great ideas outlined in it. You raise a good point. Taking CS is not normally a problem, but I can think of a few cases where players intentionally messed up farming for others and even admitted to it in chat. Not my personal experience, read secondhand here on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=57NpAlRo,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-08-03T17:04:36.975+0000) > > Should read the whole thing, they have some great ideas outlined in it. > > You raise a good point. Taking CS is not normally a problem, but I can think of a few cases where players intentionally messed up farming for others and even admitted to it in chat. Not my personal experience, read secondhand here on the boards. Yeah I was just ready to hit the hay last night, lol. I'll dive in to it today, I'm sure. I'm not saying that they don't, really...rather, it would be an incredibly difficult to monitor, as I mentioned (I think? Like I said, I was tired...like basically zombie mode tired LOL). You would only really be able to punish the people who openly admit to it...similar to 'trolling' is now?
Lagwar (NA)
: Couldnt log into game nor reconnect twice issue?
Did you try closing out League completely? Like, opening task manager and killing ALL of the League processes? For some reason, whenever I am playing League (and ONLY League) for extended periods of time, my entire home network will go down... It stays down until I completely close out every process of League, of which there are MANY- not sure if you've ever looked at your task manager while you are playing, but it's pretty ridiculous. Kinda similar to how Chrome will open multiple processes when you have multiple tabs open, and then leave them running in the background even after you close those tabs. Once I kill all League processes, internet comes right back up, shortly after. I assume it has to do with the ridiculously resource hungry Client, and probably Riot trying to access shit they shouldn't be so it just kills it, but the latter is simply speculation as I can't think of any other reason why it would do this.
Chermorg (NA)
: There is a huge difference between "words" and "patterns" Just like 2 4 6 is different from 24*6. So you don't care to look at the evidence, yet you're saying I have no evidence? I'm going to stop feeding you. Good luck man.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-03T04:51:46.130+0000) > > There is a huge difference between &quot;words&quot; and &quot;patterns&quot; > > Just like 2 4 6 is different from 24*6. > > So you don&#x27;t care to look at the evidence, yet you&#x27;re saying I have no evidence? I&#x27;m going to stop feeding you. Good luck man. How predictable. More technicalities so you can feel like you 'won' this 'debate' Rofl Just like 24*6 is an equation consisting of numbers. So if it's looking for [specific] numbers of the equation, it's looking for KEY NUMBERS. You're really dense, and desperate to convince yourself that you're 'right' all the time. I hope your personal life gets better<3
Chermorg (NA)
: I am going based on Riot posts, and a solid knowledge of computer science. You are going based on speculation and no evidence whatsoever. I said "likely" because I don't know how many logs were used. Could've been 50k, in which case my "hundreds of thousands" would've been slightly inaccurate. Training on logs does not mean it looks for key *words*. The system looks for *patterns* and *behavior*. They're different. If you can't find Riot posts and blog posts on Riot's website, there's no sense debating you because you won't even research before posting.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-03T04:26:51.638+0000) > > I am going based on Riot posts, and a solid knowledge of computer science. > > You are going based on speculation and no evidence whatsoever. > > I said &quot;likely&quot; because I don&#x27;t know how many logs were used. Could&#x27;ve been 50k, in which case my &quot;hundreds of thousands&quot; would&#x27;ve been slightly inaccurate. > > Training on logs does not mean it looks for key *words*. The system looks for *patterns* and *behavior*. They&#x27;re different. > > If you can&#x27;t find Riot posts and blog posts on Riot&#x27;s website, there&#x27;s no sense debating you because you won&#x27;t even research before posting. Lol, so it looks for patterns and behaviors based on WORDS...AKA KEY words Never said I couldn't find them. Rather, I don't care about them, and don't need to when there are so many people like yourself who love to regurgitate what Riot tells them and feel important. I was just trying to help you get your fix, my friend...but if you've already gotten it for the night I will just patiently wait until you're hungry again.
: Trolls not punished, and their teammates get banned.
Correct Sorry, in advance, for all the downvotes you are going to receive (not from me). The saints on these boards are some of the worst in the game when it comes to toxicity, but they do so in a passive aggressive manner similar to what you described. It's quite sad.
Subdue (NA)
: "Riot sucks at catching trolls!" - Let's help them out!
"Stealing cs" Did I miss it somewhere in the ToS that creeps are [only] for designated champions, or are we trying to tell people how they have to play the game now, as well? League seeming more and more like a police state. Also, how do you prove that someone is INTENTIONALLY missing skillshots? Lmao That's the main problem with WHY they have such a hard time dealing with these types of trolls in the first place. Sorry if you covered that already, btw...I skimmed, but I'll be honest I didn't actually read the entire novel.
Chermorg (NA)
: How about you provide proof? Provide me a Riot statement and/or code lines that show it's "key words". The system is a type of neural network that was trained (likely) on hundreds of thousands of toxic chat logs. It doesn't look for anything but what it was trained to see. The IFS is used for chat offenses. Right now Riot is training a somewhat separate IFS for gameplay offenses (trolling, base-afk, etc). They are separate, and the IFS for gameplay offenses did used to be just a "did they sell their items and buy 6 boots". Riot is only doing these manual reviews to identify games to train the new system with. If you seriously think that you can make those claims with no evidence, when my claims are backed up by Riot posts both here, the blogs, and other sources, then you're sorely mistaken.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:30:27.484+0000) > > How about you provide proof? Provide me a Riot statement and/or code lines that show it&#x27;s &quot;key words&quot;. > > The system is a type of neural network that was trained (likely) on hundreds of thousands of toxic chat logs. It doesn&#x27;t look for anything but what it was trained to see. > > The IFS is used for chat offenses. Right now Riot is training a somewhat separate IFS for gameplay offenses (trolling, base-afk, etc). They are separate, and the IFS for gameplay offenses did used to be just a &quot;did they sell their items and buy 6 boots&quot;. Riot is only doing these manual reviews to identify games to train the new system with. > > If you seriously think that you can make those claims with no evidence, when my claims are backed up by Riot posts both here, the blogs, and other sources, then you&#x27;re sorely mistaken. Must be nice that you get to ignore the majority of my post, and demand proof from ME when asked for some, yourself...lmao... "it's not keywords" "was trained (likely **[lol, so you don't even know, admittedly]**) on hundreds of toxic chat logs." Chat logs...like, logs containing WORDS?! Thanks for pretty much debating yourself, for me, and saving me a lot of time. Oh, and I'm not sorely mistaken. I can do that if I wish...even though you have proven my statements correct (thanks again)...it would just mean that I might be incorrect. For someone claiming to have so many cited sources, you never do post them...how interesting. Have a great night!
Chermorg (NA)
: Avoiding keywords is useless because the system is not based on key words. Also, Riot is getting better now at detecting trolls, because most cases are being reviewed manually now.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3sWB5tMa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:20:28.405+0000) > > Avoiding keywords is useless because the system is not based on key words. > > Also, Riot is getting better now at detecting trolls, because most cases are being reviewed manually now. Several people have already proved your statements factually wrong. Also, I'm glad that you have the insider information that nobody else does. You know that "most" cases are being reviewed manually how, exactly? We see one post where people are defending the IFS, saying it would cost Riot too much money to manually review everything, and now here you are claiming that they are doing just that, lol. Something doesn't add up. You don't get to conveniently change your mind about these things depending on the post you are addressing. Good day, sir.
: A guide to what gets a permanent ban and what doesn't
Kitten, I still think you're fighting the good fight here, and I think that a lot of the people who have posted here are acting like the very same toxic players that they pretend to hate. It's hilarious and ironic af how quickly these 'saints' actually do stoop to the level of toxicity despite their holier-than-though attitudes. Cognitive dissonance, anyone? They can't wrap their heads around it because Riot has been shoveling too much shit their way for so long. Just my opinion. Keep doing what you're doing. I think that it is shining some well-needed light on how broken their system is, and just because that makes people uncomfortable they are going to continue to hate on you, but I feel that you are handling yourself very well.
JhinSpatula (EUNE)
: How to not get permabanned
You forgot a few. Troll passive aggressively. Avoid keywords profit.
elduris (NA)
: It might be easy to get honor, but a "participation award" generally means you just get it for participating. It's usually true for me as I play with friends and we all honor each other, but sometimes we'll group up and all honor one person for some terrific play. I don't get it every game and so, it's not technically something you get just for participating. Just wanted to point out that little detail!
> [{quoted}](name=elduris,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dVFLuk3e,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-02T18:09:35.829+0000) > > It might be easy to get honor, but a &quot;participation award&quot; generally means you just get it for participating. It&#x27;s usually true for me as I play with friends and we all honor each other, but sometimes we&#x27;ll group up and all honor one person for some terrific play. I don&#x27;t get it every game and so, it&#x27;s not technically something you get just for participating. > > Just wanted to point out that little detail! Agreed, but you will still rank up just with enough time invested playing the game, as has been the topic of MANY posts since the new honor initiative. That was my point.
Show more

Taeyang73

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion