: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m8AkMcGJ,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-07-23T17:08:11.931+0000) > > Not if the power spike item gave % buffs to health armor and magic resist... > > Only juggernauts would touch them and they wouldn't get nearly as much since even they need to dedicate 1 or 2 item slots to damage. Then you're going to have non tank Junglers abusing Cinderhulk, or Cinderhulk might become meta on most laners regardless of tank or not, because it's going to so absurdly powerful.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainbow Slayer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m8AkMcGJ,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T22:48:15.036+0000) > > Then you're going to have non tank Junglers abusing Cinderhulk, or Cinderhulk might become meta on most laners regardless of tank or not, because it's going to so absurdly powerful. How is is kaisa gonna be able to abuse a 5% increase to health or armor or mr.. How is any (insert squishy champ) gonna abuse a % increase to any defensive stat, 5% of what...50 armor is 2.5? How is that broken. And what are you on about cinderhulk for.... It gave +20% bonus health and only tanks touched it before riot nerfed it.
: Taking away Revive of aatrox i dont know what am to say i'll say it anyway
My only problem with this is it **wasn't long after riot said they would not touch his revive** Just like they said **ad malz jungle will be fine after they change malz** (they removed his ad ratios)
: You have to remember though if tanks were to get a few true powerspike items like triforce infinity edge ect other classes would simply abuse them, just look at ez/insert tank mage and {{item:3025}} .
> [{quoted}](name=Death by Glamour,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m8AkMcGJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-23T16:30:45.195+0000) > > You have to remember though if tanks were to get a few true powerspike items like triforce infinity edge ect other classes would simply abuse them, just look at ez/insert tank mage and {{item:3025}} . Not if the power spike item gave % buffs to health armor and magic resist... The only non tanks that would touch them are juggernauts and they wouldn't get nearly as much since even they need to dedicate 1 or 2 item slots to damage.
: Tahm Kench
Because riot decided to shove all of his damage into his autos rather than keeping any form of skill expression via keeping your stacks on enemies by repeatedly landing q... Also his q is now more oppressive against immobile champs..you only need to land 1 and they cant run away. Meanwhile everyone is on the hype train with the belief that tahm kench is "balanced" with this kind of nerf / rework when in reality it just tilts the scale even more of him being useless against mobile champs and disgusting against immobile.
: Give us some Twisted Treeline updates!
This is season 9 riot you are talking to...do you really want them to touch twisted treelines at all? Chances are they will make some stupid change to make it (somehow) worse then remove it rather than reverting their change, and have tft replace it.
: nerf cc and health
Riot already gutted health in the game, you almost never see 4k + hp when there used to be 6k health monsters walking around without even scaling infinitely on hp..
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lzLc01H0,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T17:58:25.815+0000) > > His advice is super helpful when playing against ranged champions. Most of them are very reliant on a specific ability to kite. If they foolishly use that ability and you are able to engage on them, you win. > > For example, If Kennen uses his W to mark minions while on your side of the river, .. if I have a gap closer / cc, he's probably dead. > > Same for when Ryze uses his Rune Prison on a minion. When do you ever see an equal IQ enemy use vlad pool or ryze W on a minion, kennen still has his E to escape but I suppose you might win a short trade if he uses his W but you aint CC'ing him long enough to kill him (outside outliers like PTA camille/renekton 100-0) he will have lightning rush when that CC ends (if you even got in range) and then aa while your retreating for cds for a net positive trade for him. (examples can skip) Very few toplaners have both a gapclose and CC, Kled has a short dash with a delayed pull which kennen should E out off, irelia is an abomination, camille is they ranged top counter, tanks aren't going to win lane anyway, darius only has a pull and has to time a W well to keep him there, morde has the pull but no CC (enemies can move straight away without a delay unlike darius right?), illaoi etc etc. SRO does normally give good advice but nothing is unanimously infallable, blitz works because of the death sentence off getting hooked when grouped with your team, what does an unfed illaoi bring to a teamfight if she gets outbullied by a ranged toplaner champ who outscales/out teamfights her. Chances are your not going to kill them in the split with their now lower than lane-phase escape CD's because you would've done that in lane if you could. There a reason toplaners are called (and are) whiny your relying on either a jungle using their brain and ganking a near perman overextended lane or the ranged toplane not using their brain and waste their equivalent of vlad pool for no reason.
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lzLc01H0,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-22T18:19:15.765+0000) > > When do you ever see an** equal IQ **enemy use vlad pool or ryze W on a minion. All da time {{champion:36}}
: SoloRenektonOnly Gives The Best Advice Ever
That advice tends to only work when the enemy doesn't know how to roam or shove their power down your throat by forcing objectives like dragon early. Then the burden is applied to the rest of your team.
norMNfan (NA)
: Reworked Swain has huge mana issues
I don't really have mana issues as swain, I don't use q when I trade, just e w for the double souls and healing, only q when im forced to fight back / clear a large wave. (still max q first to keep mana cost low on e and w while also being more dangerous in all in + emergency waveclear) Also rushing tear helps.
: Yeah but i think they changed it because they wanted to diversify builds.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KmRONMmO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T19:50:00.458+0000) > > Yeah but i think they changed it because they wanted to diversify builds. That did the opposite..
Xavanic (NA)
: "he can literary kill you with a Q+R. No other champion just has to hit 2 spells to kill without a damn fking item" {{champion:99}} Am I a joke to you
> [{quoted}](name=Xavanic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E7rweoNK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-21T01:02:53.650+0000) > > "he can literary kill you with a Q+R. No other champion just has to hit 2 spells to kill without a damn fking item" > {{champion:99}} Am I a joke to you {{champion:34}} q e {{champion:107}} what spells? {{champion:91}} at lvl 2/3
: fun question how much ap does veigar need to one shot a alistar full build and yes veigar full build
With what items though, depending on the enemy team the alistar may get away with building mostly magic resist items or may be forced to build only a few....so the "full builds" vary wildly, especially important when veigar isnt abusing void staff.
: [GAMEPLAY] Khazix jumping out of mouth instantaniously when tahm kench throws him out
The 0.25 second stun on tahm w was there for a reason, to stop interactions like this from happening when tahm spits out then puts enemies in a fixed position.
: Wtf is with Kass on ARAM?
Just ban him...oh wait nvm riot removed aram bans even though most of the community supported keeping them.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Ahh yes destroy an entire item because of Ezreal once again... Or just gut the armor from it as its primarily offensive in design. Empowered autos slowing the target and doing bonus damage isnt really a defensive use, and the components (aka {{item:3024}}) gives a total of 25 armor. Yet IBG gives 60. Nerf it to like 30-40 armor, reduce the cost so its more comparable to the other Sheen items. Or add Cloth armor to the recipe to justify the armor and slightly raise the total cost. {{item:3057}} {{item:1031}} {{item:1029}} + 350g (Total 2600g) +40 armor +500 mana 20% cdr
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fApaEcou,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-20T21:34:22.558+0000) > > Ahh yes destroy an entire item because of Ezreal once again... Making an item melee only destroys it? > reduce the cost so its more comparable to the other Sheen items. {{item:3078}} {{item:3100}} both cost over 3k... > {{item:3057}} {{item:1031}} {{item:1029}} + 350g (Total 2600g) > +40 armor +500 mana 20% cdr You just made it even less comparable to other sheen items..
: TANKS NEED SOMETHING LIKE THIS
Tanks need sustain in general but I don't think a flat amount that scales flat with level is what they will want.. Maybe convert it into a low % max health over 5 seconds + % per level. Because that just makes me wanna stack as much armor and magic resist as possible in order to utilize the item and then I fell into the noob trap and became victimized by {{item:3071}} and {{item:3135}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qAffoMlF,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-20T19:22:19.751+0000) > > Because hes better at catching immobile champs and simply auto attacking them to death..his cc is better than pre 9.14 > Meanwhile hes much worse at dealing with anything that has a dash, like renekton….. > > They should be doing the opposite and giving him more ways to counterplay mobile champs who dash in and out. I dont see him being a counter to immobile champs, as those immobiles champions are now beating him, Like nasus, singed and apparently kayle?
Probably because most tahm kench players actually think they do more damage with w than they do with just stunning the enemy and continuing to auto attack...(they are opting to use w instead of empowered q) His enemy devour was always noob bait and only good for counterplaying things like jax counter attack and tryndamere ult. Or synergizing with a tether on your team like from fiddle. You can do more damage over the duration of a 2 second stun than you can by just eating the enemy and spitting them out. Especially after they nerfed it from 32% max health damage, so its no longer good at slowly chunking down other juggernauts either. Now they just nerfed his enemy w to no longer deals your % max health damage via passive.
Srbonator (EUNE)
: He is cool, but the removal of his shield wasn't great.
Ya, wish he was still more tanky , he didn't need the damage buff unless his team was crap in which case he cant solo carry regardless.
Praeyer (NA)
: Why was Swain ruined?
He seems better at trading with his e w combo in lane now, hes not as reliant on waiting for his q to be maxed to be any threat. Infact that's all you should be doing in lane, e + w the enemy to heal back up, damage them alittle and get 10 hp everytime you do it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qAffoMlF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-20T06:13:33.042+0000) > > You do realize they just rebuffed him to make him even more bs against immobile champs than he was before without even fixing the problem of him being unable to deal with mobile champs in the first place. > > Riot is gonna keep going through this cycle until he gets reworked or they come to their senses and realize that buffing the slow on his q just makes him oppressive against immobile champs... > > > Them buffing his q slow to compensate his w nerfs was how we got into this mess in the first place. > > > His auto q auto was all he had to lock down champs for his teammates before they escape, an akali is not gonna sit still and look pretty for him to auto her 3 times, meanwhile these "nerfs" arnt gonna stop him from bullying matchups that he already wins now that he got rebuffed. > > > If your way of "balancing" tahm kench is by making him more into a rock paper scissors champ then that's just absurd. > > > **(Part where I explain why he is stronger against immobile champs, and how losing his q stun into w didn't do anything)** > Pre 9,14 tahm kench had a 2 second slow and 1.5 second stun on q along with 4 second cd at max rank, now he is at 3 second slow with 2 second stun and 5 second cooldown at all ranks... > > **That's 1/3d increase to his cc with only a 1/4th increase to his cooldown > ** > > Funny part about how his q stun into w devour? Its actually inferior to just continually autoing, yep his w did less damage than just continuing to auto and stun enemies with his q....so having the stack removal on his q didn't really do anything to stop him from bullying immobile champs either, w was just for outplay when he needed longer cc but his stun is longer now so ^_^ > > his dps is slightly lower, his cc is marginally better, and his survivability is more consistent.. > > > Where are your nerfs now....he was only nerfed against mobile champs and buffed against everything else. Is this balanced? Or is this even more unfair. They removed the melee hit box, they nerfed the magic damage from his passive, so that nerfs his early damage, they Did buff his later game by giving an extra 1%, they did Buff the Q CC but they nerfed the CD an ability he normally maxes first, they removed the stun on his W, They did buff the early damage, but nerfed it later ranks, they nerfed the Shield amount by more than half on his early levels, but in return against poke it heals him. So he normally maxes this last. so if is delt 100 damage from a melee champion, he will only get 45 Hp on a shield(from 80.) However he will heal 20HP now, from his 16HP. So This weakens his shields in favor for sustains, meaning you can all in him more as anyone. SO, hes better at sustaining, at the cost of damage across the board, CC is Lowered in favor for stickiness. I dont see how you think this was a buff. his win rate top lane decreased heavily, He loses to a lot more melee match ups then hes winning them. His support role now has a better win rate then his Top lane. which should be saying something.
Because hes better at catching immobile champs and simply auto attacking them to death..his cc is better than pre 9.14 Meanwhile hes much worse at dealing with anything that has a dash, like renekton….. They should be doing the opposite by giving him more ways to counterplay mobile champs who dash in and out.
: Akali is Severely Underpowered
I haven't played akali but ive seen her do disgusting things to tanks that had hefty magic resistance and health.... Based on my experience, that's telling me she has power in her kit that she cant really use against squishier enemies, and it could be in a number a things, is her burst delayed ? Does she make herself vulnerable when she is about to burst someone? I could be wrong but it just seems like that she has vulnerability / weaknesses that only an enemy damage dealer can abuse which is kinda weird given shes an assassin? Like, being an assassin that has sustain? That doesn't really work out when most assassins live by the code of burst or get bursted.
Orodruin (NA)
: Pretty silly that late game creeps give fullbuilt items that are quite literally useless.
ouch, how many rng item issues does this gamemode have.... Definitely never touching it until riot fixes it.
: Quit complaining about champions getting balanced just because you like abusing when they're unfair. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
You do realize they just rebuffed him to make him even more bs against immobile champs than he was before without even fixing the problem of him being unable to deal with mobile champs in the first place. Riot is gonna keep going through this cycle until he gets reworked or they come to their senses and realize that buffing the slow on his q just makes him oppressive against immobile champs... Them buffing his q slow to compensate his w nerfs was how we got into this mess in the first place. His auto q auto was all he had to lock down champs for his teammates before they escape, an akali is not gonna sit still and look pretty for him to auto her 3 times, meanwhile these "nerfs" arnt gonna stop him from bullying matchups that he already wins now that he got rebuffed. If your way of "balancing" tahm kench is by making him more into a rock paper scissors champ then that's just absurd. **(Part where I explain why he is stronger against immobile champs, and how losing his q stun into w didn't do anything)** Pre 9,14 tahm kench had a 2 second slow and 1.5 second stun on q along with 4 second cd at max rank, now he is at 3 second slow with 2 second stun and 5 second cooldown at all ranks... **That's 1/3d increase to his cc with only a 1/4th increase to his cooldown ** Funny part about how his q stun into w devour? Its actually inferior to just continually autoing, yep his w did less damage than just continuing to auto and stun enemies with his q....so having the stack removal on his q didn't really do anything to stop him from bullying immobile champs either, w was just for outplay when he needed longer cc but his stun is longer now so ^_^ his dps is slightly lower, his cc is marginally better, and his survivability is more consistent.. Where are your nerfs now....he was only nerfed against mobile champs and buffed against everything else. Is this balanced? Or is this even more unfair.
thanQ (NA)
: draven axes vs death realm
That should be a bug and sounds very much like one, youll lose an axe when throwing it at him as he ults, but the rest should be placed in the death realm with you. for you to pick up, just like every other ability / projectile. Now im wondering if zac`s healing blobs that he picks up are placed in the death realm when hes fighting inside of it.
: 50% armor pen item!
Lethality is only an issue when paired with {{item:3071}} which for some reason is allowed to exist in its current state when the majority of its users are ad assassins, yet it gives plenty of health and ad, especially when combined with transcendence rune. {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:141}}{{champion:64}} ...even {{champion:555}} and {{champion:107}} will occasionally grab it. Do we consider {{champion:62}} an assassin or a diver...whatever I see him building lethality all the time...
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0UzIiEd,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-20T03:58:53.803+0000) > > We arnt trying to justify it, league is slowly turning into a stupid game of rock paper scissors. > > And tahm kench`s identity is a duelist who does everything he can to make someone on the enemy team more useless than he is, either by flat out dueling them directly or preventing them from assassinating his teammates... > > And its not like you have no way of running from tahm kench...he kills his targets slowly and efficiently like most duelists should (otherwise they would be assassins) > > Meanwhile tryndamere is all over the place in his identity, sometimes he makes a good assassin, sometimes he just goes around the map playing the rotating game, almost never fighting enemies directly and instead just forcing them to try to stop him from knocking down those turrets. I agreed with your post where you stated that LoL is becoming glorified rock paper scissors, but saying that because I can run away from Tahm Kench he is in a healthy spot is just fallacious. The fact of the matter is, if you're not playing a ranged champion in top lane vs Tahm Kench, you cannot cs. The moment you go to cs, no matter how well you dodge Tahm's abilities, he just walks into you and autos you, and guess what? He wins. Every. Single. Time. You shouldn't be able to pick a champion that just auto-wins the laning phase. I should have counter play at all stages of the game, which is in part what you were alluding to in your other post: the more conducive what you pick is to winning, the less skill matters. I think we can generally agree that game outcomes should be based on skill as much as possible. The current prevalence of champions with no counter play makes winning the game by being the better player very difficult.
And you think us tahm kench mains asked for him to be a lane bully? When he was originally a solo laner he had to put points into his ultimate to get his damage and actually scale. Tahm kench is only a lane bully because he was designed to function in lane without damage then ofc riot just decides to obliterate his late game hyper fantasy and put the damage on his passive. woopdy doo now his q went from being used defensively to run away to offensively chase his opponent at 8 minutes into the game. Im not defending it, im telling you the way it is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0UzIiEd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-20T03:44:32.435+0000) > > What are you playing as and what are you even hitting them with, aatrox for example can trade with his passive if he can manage to get in and out easily. Tryndamere, Renekton and Jax. You can literally avoid all of Aatrox's critical spots with Trynd and Jax, yet still be heavily out traded. Tahm Kench is even worse.
Im not sure what you are doing wrong against aatrox but the vast majority of tahm`s damage is on his auto attacks now, he only uses his q to force fights, as jax you go in with your counterstrike so he cant auto you then jump away as soon as the stun ends. Renekton actually rapes tahm kench in lane with empowered W now, dash in use normal abilities to hurt him a bit, dash out, repeat until he will eventually be forced to use his shield.
: > There is no physical way you should ever be trying to trade with a Tahm Kench 1v1 -- that's just a basic rule of the game. He is one of the best duelists (despite the very heavy nerfs he just received, though he has received compensation already on his Q) and since he is designed to kick Tryndamere into obscurity, trading with him at all is borderline suicidal. Are you hearing yourself? You're describing exactly what I'm complaining about, and not justifying it at all. Like how can you say it is never acceptable to trade with Tahm Kench, and then say that the fault lies with me? I should be able to sit in a massive minion wave, and know that he can't just walk into me and auto me to death without hitting any of his tongue lashes. The champion that YOU DESCRIBE is extremely broken.
We arnt trying to justify it, league is slowly turning into a stupid game of rock paper scissors. And tahm kench`s identity is a duelist who does everything he can to make someone on the enemy team more useless than he is, either by flat out dueling them directly or preventing them from assassinating his teammates... And its not like you have no way of running from tahm kench...he kills his targets slowly and efficiently like most duelists should (otherwise they would be assassins) Meanwhile tryndamere is all over the place in his identity, sometimes he makes a good assassin, sometimes he just goes around the map playing the rotating game, almost never fighting enemies directly and instead just forcing them to try to stop him from knocking down those turrets. **In this instance you wanted to be the splitpusher that avoided tahm kench at all costs, if he ults to you while you are splitting, you make a b line towards wherever both of the teams are contesting, youre more mobile than tahm kench without his ult, youll be able to force a groupfight with your slow on the enemy adc.**
: *Checks match history* You do know that Tahm Kench is absolutely the hardest counter to Tryndamere, yeah? There is no physical way you should ever be trying to trade with a Tahm Kench 1v1 -- that's just a basic rule of the game. He is one of the best duelists (despite the very heavy nerfs he just received, though he has received compensation already on his Q) and since he is designed to kick Tryndamere into obscurity, trading with him at all is borderline suicidal. Can't speak on Aatrox since I don't play the guy or against him too often, but he is S-Tier for a reason.
Tryndamere needs a rework anyway...the rngness of his crit passive is weird, infact he is one of the few champs in the game that directly depends on rng in their kit (even though its *Fixed* rng, its still clunky and doesn't really help him splitpush) hes only good when his dash is spammable / toxic. And now I don't even need to eat tryndamere players as tahm kench in order to wait out his ult unless they build tenacity (since you can just stun him for 2 seconds instead, devour max duration isn't reduced by tenacity incase they build it)
: You know what my favourite part of Aatrox and Tahm Kench are?
What are you playing as and what are you even hitting them with, aatrox for example can trade with his passive if he can manage to get in and out easily.
Xavanic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0jv5etJE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-20T00:19:55.396+0000) > > I was screaming at riot for buffing his q slow in the first place, I even said it would lead to him being nerfed because it made him oppressive against immobile champs without actually helping him against mobile champs that just spam dashes to get away from him. > > > Now the only rebuff riot gave back to tahm kench was his q cc getting stronger (and auto attack damage) so hes back to being even more oppressive against immobile champs than before while SOMEHOW BEING LESS USEFUL AGAINST MOBILE CHAMPS (his q stacks were an integral part of outplaying someone who you cant really catch and auto more than once, and riot took that skill expression from him) > > They are slowly tipping that scale more and more just forcing him to get oppressive against immobile and useless against mobile. what they should have done is made his Q have a 30% slow and apply grounded for the duration
That was literally what I suggested they do , then people said "But then immobile champs cant flash away" I tried explaining to them that if his q wasn't buffed in the first place then they wouldn't be in situations where they would need to flash away in the first place...provided they didn't play poorly, I also gave the option of being able to flash while grounded by tahm`s q, then they got angry for some reason. Then they are going on about how it made Cassiopeia and singed broken -.- And that poppy w was the only example of an ability that should stop mobility
: Anyone else find this mode to be the most rage inducing?
And then you don't feel good about winning because rng got you there.
Xavanic (NA)
: while i do agree the nerfs were severely overboard....all i wanted them to do was nerf the slow on Q so i actually had a chance to get away from him
I was screaming at riot for buffing his q slow in the first place, I even said it would lead to him being nerfed because it made him oppressive against immobile champs without actually helping him against mobile champs that just spam dashes to get away from him. Now the only rebuff riot gave back to tahm kench was his q cc getting stronger (and auto attack damage) so hes back to being even more oppressive against immobile champs than before while SOMEHOW BEING LESS USEFUL AGAINST MOBILE CHAMPS (his q stacks were an integral part of outplaying someone who you cant really catch and auto more than once, and riot took that skill expression from him) They are slowly tipping that scale more and more just forcing him to get oppressive against immobile and useless against mobile.
: He should have to pick if he is going to Stun his target or eat his target. One or the Other. His brokeness was that he could stun you, eat you then stun you again.
Not defending it but... Eating an enemy with tahm w was normally more detrimental than good, especially in 1v1 scenarios, tahm kench actually losses dps if he eats his target so its mostly an outplay sort of thing, like against jax counter attack or tryndamere ult Basically would you rather keep autoing your target and not eat them so your next q will stun again, meaning you could keep auto attacking with max stacks and keep dealing full damage, or would you prefer to eat your target which removes your stacks from them and does less damage than your q (ever since the % max health nerfs which pretty much gutted his w damage) The only time I really use it for damage is when I need to execute a low health enemy right before I die since it does more damage than an auto attack and my q is already on cooldown.
Moody P (NA)
: Tahm is interesting
Hes a lot better at dealing with poke defensively but his q did lose a lot of damage since it doesn't apply / stimulate his passive. Also with maxed e + visage + revitalize his e almost heals him back 100% of the damage he takes. (They scale together multiplicatively so that's why this is possible) I even consider sometimes getting Mikael`s on him now since it allows him to eat allies and ignore the slow while also speeding him up (while also increasing his e shield and healing) (Ive tested all healing buffs I mentioned combined and they seem to have a total healing multiplier of 1.79 when under 40% hp for revitalize, not that its important or anything)
Rioter Comments
: Let's make Riot's job a little bit easier.
{{champion:223}} w, stays with the closest champion they started with (or one of the closest, will randomly decide when next to multiple) and eats them when they take damage. As tahm ive ate teammates while they are being pulled by blitz hook but I wonder if anyone would stand for that in tft lol.
: > Then riot took it off of his ultimate and put it on his passive since he needed to be useful during the laning phase in botlane. this is nothing but a lie riot told us during his the patch the moved the damage. 'We are making his early game better' I typed on several boards posts who in the hell asked for that knowing full well i was never getting auto attacks on support Lux Morg and Brand pre 6. Pre 6 you stun melee tanks and hold them in w while auto attacking the adc. versus mage supports you cant get in range to hit them with or without early game passive damage. The only thing passive damage on his regular passive did was buff pre 6 farming (which you dont do as a support) and pre 6 duel damage (which i just explained isnt likely or nessicary when likely ) and nerf post 6 everything Edit: not to mention the adcs those champs are protecting who also have cc and or mobility.
(I mean he also had to build health to get his damage since it was bonus health damage / his base health didn't count but you are still right, he used to scale really well into late game, he was designed to survive pre 6 and even pre 11, not stomp it.)
: I know this would hit me hard i dont touch ult until level 10 where at level 11 it becomes decent for me to ult to top lane drop ZZrots (ingenious hunter) then walk back mid to push mid with my team.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yi76cp4W,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T02:29:53.348+0000) > > I know this would hit me hard i dont touch ult until level 10 where at level 11 it becomes decent for me to ult to top lane drop ZZrots (ingenious hunter) then walk back mid to push mid with my team. I take ravenous hunter instead since you can heal for 14% of your damage with it (minus the physical damage from basic attacks) Its extremely good for countering master yi since you can just build thornmail then heal off of his 10 auto attacks a second bs. That and tahm`s e is basically damage reduction that even stops true damage (or atleast gets the enemy team to ignore you for 3 seconds) It synergizes with healing so darn well, ive had times where I managed to outheal my enemies using grasp + mikaels + visage + ravenous hunter + revitalize + death`s dance. ravenous hunter + death`s dance is 29% of your damage being healed to you...visage + Mikael`s + revitalize (when under 40% health) gives a total healing multiplier of 1.79 (Yes I tested this several times) 29 x 1.79 = 51.91% of your damage healing you back....and you should already be hard to kill with your e and half decent base damage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prkEtMfg,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-19T02:16:21.696+0000) > > Rather than armor shred, cant they just make it so each time his spin hits someone they take 2-3% more damage capping at 15% or something... > > Meaning his ult will still be unaffected when hes hitting a villain (true damage unaffected by damage increases/decreases) but against non villians it wont be as weak as long as he hit them with e a few times. > > That and he will synergize with...teammates who don't do physical damage... > > > I don't play garen much at all, just throwing that idea out there. i mean, thats basically what the armor shred does. unless you mean all damage. that would be weird with his ult. like his villain ult could even deal less damage than his regular ult that way on a low mr target (?).
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=prkEtMfg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-19T02:23:51.807+0000) > > i mean, thats basically what the armor shred does. > > unless you mean all damage. that would be weird with his ult. like his villain ult could even deal less damage than his regular ult that way on a low mr target (?). I know that's what armor shred does, im saying let his e synergize with magical damage dealers. And riot mostly got rid of ways to reduce your target`s mr, they would need to be under like 30 mr for you to be able to do more damage to them with his ult... + garen would need sorcerer shoes and oblivion orb or something silly.
: what if the armor shred on garens spin would be replaced with this?
Rather than armor shred, cant they just make it so each time his spin hits someone they take 2-3% more damage capping at 15% or something... Meaning his ult will still be unaffected when hes hitting a villain (true damage unaffected by damage increases/decreases) but against non villians it wont be as weak as long as he hit them with e a few times. That and he will synergize with...teammates who don't do physical damage... I don't play garen much at all, just throwing that idea out there.
Done25 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yi76cp4W,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:21:37.399+0000) > > He needs a rework. There are times when risks with a new champ design end up being good. Tahm is not one of those. He needs to be made a little more generic. All they need to do is weaken his early game by having his passive heavily scale over levels like it used to.
> [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yi76cp4W,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T23:30:00.371+0000) > > All they need to do is weaken his early game by having his passive heavily scale over levels like it used to. (or put it back onto his ultimate so he has to put points into it for his damage)
: Hello I am I tahm Kench Main. As you can see due to my name. I made an unfortune typo and mispelled tahm as tham. However if you overlook that my name is rather clever as it is a pun of the common name Tom Chundi. ive never had this bug happen btw
> [{quoted}](name=Tham Chundi,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=18zrAtPa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-19T01:50:04.432+0000) > > Hello I am I tahm Kench Main. As you can see due to my name. I made an unfortune typo and mispelled tahm as tham. However if you overlook that my name is rather clever as it is a pun of the common name Tom Chundi. > > ive never had this bug happen btw The current league patch (9.14) is broken and a lot of bugs have came with it, this may be one of them. And incase you haven't noticed, im a tahm kench main too..
: im sitting on almost 20 gemstones collected from free boxes, and the blue essence shop over the years (i only ever bought the 20 orb bundle during the vs. event for 500rp because someone at riot made a mistake and put it up for 1/10th of the price), and nothing to use them on. i wish every skin in the game had a gemstone cost in addition to RP, so we could spend them on regular skins, if we dont like any of the mythic skins. 1 gemstone for skins 950 rp and below 2 gemstones for a 1350 rp skin 5 gemstones for a legendary 10 gemstones for an ultimate would be nice.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=42zrAVEH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:05:00.584+0000) > > im sitting on almost 20 gemstones collected from free boxes, and the blue essence shop over the years (i only ever bought the 20 orb bundle during the vs. event for 500rp because someone at riot made a mistake and put it up for 1/10th of the price), and nothing to use them on. > > i wish every skin in the game had a gemstone cost in addition to RP, so we could spend them on regular skins, if we dont like any of the mythic skins. > > 1 gemstone for skins 950 rp and below > 2 gemstones for a 1350 rp skin > 5 gemstones for a legendary > 10 gemstones for an ultimate > > would be nice. Ya , I hate all of the gemstone skins, except maybe hextech kogmaw.
Rioter Comments
: Small Indie Company
I`m glad all of this is on the patch that they gutted tahm kench, its like his corpse spilled forth the rapture.
BigFBear (EUW)
: Riot already said that they are aware of the Avast problem and working on it Was a few weeks ago. And the second bug has nothing to do with Avast
> [{quoted}](name=BigFBear,realm=EUW,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=yl9v5yBi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T20:39:39.078+0000) > > Riot already said that they are aware of the Avast problem and working on it > Was a few weeks ago. > > And the second bug has nothing to do with Avast all I have to say now is "small indie company" lol.
Teh Song (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=grERy5Iz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:32:13.785+0000) > > According to riot, they don't believe in counterpicks in the first place. > > And its not like the op is stating that those champs simply beat kled in lane without playing it right and managing to disengage from trades before he gets his 4 autos in.... > > > Lets also not FORGET THAT KLED IS A SNOWBALL HEAVY CHAMP IN THE FIRST PLACE he should not have any easy lanes unless his enemy is a scaling champ. > > Turning a matchup where kled would need to actually need to play perfectly in order to dominate lane and snowball or roam, into a matchup he just wins is stupid. > > This game is not rock paper scissors, nobody asked for it to be rock paper scissors, go find another game if that's what you believe in. Rock paper scissors is hard counters which as you said Riot says they don't want. Riot does want and intentionally makes soft counters. As evidenced by the recent patch notes, where they literally said they added things to counter other things. (Buffed Kled and Kat to counter healing; buffed Renek and Blitz to counter shields).
> [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=grERy5Iz,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T20:36:50.853+0000) > > Rock paper scissors is hard counters which as you said Riot says they don't want. Riot does want and intentionally makes soft counters. As evidenced by the recent patch notes, where they literally said they added things to counter other things. > (Buffed Kled and Kat to counter healing; buffed Renek and Blitz to counter shields). Soft counters are fine, renekton removing shields completely is alittle absurd though, should do increased damage to shields like irelia or put it on his e since they are making his w overloaded and there is almost no reason to use empowered e.
BigFBear (EUW)
: FIX YOUR F***ING GAME ALREADY!
Seems more like a problem with Avast, have you tried setting league to ignore / safe. If you got virus protection that doesn't let you set things to ignore, then you should find a new one.
Profirix (NA)
: The worst part is that they only nerfed him to get rid of him rather than try and fix him. I don't think Riot has any idea what to do with him so they just put him in the same position they put Evelyn and Olaf before they got their full reworks. It is bad design practice to do something like this to a champion. It also doesn't help that the average player doesn't give a flying f**k about it. All they want to do is see him dumpstered because they couldn't survive laning phase to completely obliterate him mid to late game.
> [{quoted}](name=Profirix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Yi76cp4W,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:43:29.243+0000) > > It is bad design practice to do something like this to a champion. It also doesn't help that the average player doesn't give a flying f**k about it. All they want to do is see him dumpstered because they couldn't survive laning phase to completely obliterate him mid to late game. Im convinced that was there goal, force him toplane, buff him in ways that even tahm kench mains don't want him buffed, then laugh as the entire community grows hate for this champion and nerf him when everyone hates him too much to have empathy with him. If riot had any braincells they would have put his passive damage back onto his ult before they forced him out of the support role, that way he would have been a scaling champion again and not a lane bully.
Show more

Tahminatrix

Level 222 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion