Raoul (EUW)
: New Swain be like:
I wish could upvote this more
: Velkoz q has a second cast?
you can cut the range of his q short by pressing q again after casting. comes in handy with good geometry plays
Ralanr (NA)
: I feel new Swain and Vlad have too similar designs.
yea, I wish a bit more of his old look stayed for the vibes. like at least having beatrice or may be his half mask wouldve made the rework not feel totally alien. I like the ability changes (except the non-full transformation), but every time I look at him I just thing of blood lord vlad
: They made my boi Swain into a goddamn SithLord.
honestly I'm a bit split about the new changes. the new kit and gameplay look awesome, but I dont get the 'hey this is still good ol Swain' vibe either. excited to see how he plays out, but I'm gonna miss beatrice and his hobbly walk. I just wish a little more of his physical appearance couldve been kept like his half mask and hobble at least. looks too much like vlad
: Look At These Two Pictures
i feel like my girl {{champion:127}} has been a bit forgotten here. not the same ability icon, but essentially the same visual graphic
: > [{quoted}](name=Takeuchi 17,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-02T05:05:32.611+0000) > > what's sad to me is that they took what could have been a wonderful opportunity for a new character, or even a new duo and just decided to mush it by making it a backstory to an already established champ. I mean the video and story is beautiful, but I would have loved to see a new duo instead of rewriting lore. its lazy imo and uninspired. it's very inspired. why make a new, unecessary, champ when they can not only clarify varus and his lore, but also make him more tragic than generic? I'm not saying i love the change, but i can see why and accept it
> [{quoted}](name=I NEED HEALlNG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-12-02T22:29:29.098+0000) > > it's very inspired. why make a new, unecessary, champ when they can not only clarify varus and his lore, but also make him more tragic than generic? I'm not saying i love the change, but i can see why and accept it Well for starters this is not a "clarification" of a champions lore, this is a total deletion and remap of it, without any changes made to the champion himself (for now at least). so not only has his lore just been completely changed but the character himself is still quoting phrases that are only particular to his original lore that have no place and make no sense for the new current one. This is extremely lazy no matter how you look at it, thus uninspiring. Had this been a complete champion remake like with Sion or Gangplank where the champion themselves were also changed along with lore, more or less at the same time, then it'd be easily more acceptable, but it wasnt. It's not so much that I care about the lore change, but more so the laziness of introducing the first gay couple and just throwing them into a champion. It's such a beautiful story, why would they be so lazy like this? it's almost insulting, in my opinion and would much rather of had a new champion or duo breaking ground like xayah and rakan did for the first straight couple in the game. The entire (original) story of Varus was supposed to be revenge, and being backed into a corner using the corruption he was protecting against his enemies. more "clarification" could have been added about his revenge, like him having his bf killed in front of him and jumping in alone to kill his enemies with the corruption. I just dont see much a reason for the new champion of two fused people and a darkin to fight. is it just to get revenge against Noxus (boring and cliche and no different than the original lore)? they're already dead/fused together now so how is it tragic? theres been no real loss other than control of individual bodies? is it to be freed from the darkin, if so would they still be one entity? it's just as ambiguous at this point as his original lore was. hence uninspiring imo now i know some people dont care for lore, but I'm someone who eats that stuff up and I love a little mystery. I play lots of games that are rich in lore and I love learning about each games universe and characters, motives, monsters, etc. so all those saying its unimportant are just not truly living in or appreciating the universe and art that developers are creating. which is just an absolute shame
: The scariest thing about the Varus situation...
what's sad to me is that they took what could have been a wonderful opportunity for a new character, or even a new duo and just decided to mush it by making it a backstory to an already established champ. I mean the video and story is beautiful, but I would have loved to see a new duo instead of rewriting lore. its lazy imo and uninspired.
: Drop RoA entirely once you've got a hang of good mana management. Protobelt rush(or even Morello if you're feeling ballsy) gives you amazing powerspikes, allowing you to come online pretty quickly in a match. My preferred build is Protobelt>Sorc Boots>Hourglass>Banshee's>Void Staff>Liandries. It's not AP heavy but it works as a great generalist build. For runes I run Sorc/Dom primarily however sometimes I'll go with Sorc/Inspi for Stopwatch against assassin lanes. My normal set up is Comet>Ultimate Hat>Transcendence>Scorch with Cheap Shot>Ravenous Hunter. If I'm using Inspiration then those last two get changed to Stopwatch>Biscuit/Cosmic Insight. Something you can also try(and that I've also been meaning to experiment with) is a hilarious CC Bot build with GLP+Glacial Augment core, to completely ruin a team fight for the enemy team. That's really all I can say right now, hope you found something helpful in it all, I wish you luck in the burying the world in ice and making ADC's kneel.
yea, so I add these changes to my build and wow were you right. I've been on a real nice streak with her now and putting up massive damage. got me into my promos to go bronze 2, hopefully i can make it back to silver again lol
: bind the self-ult cast to the keyboard T. that way if you want to ult yourself, just press T, no more self ulting at 100% hp lol
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} you just blew my mind lol, that is the first thing I'm going to do in my next match thank you!
: Drop RoA entirely once you've got a hang of good mana management. Protobelt rush(or even Morello if you're feeling ballsy) gives you amazing powerspikes, allowing you to come online pretty quickly in a match. My preferred build is Protobelt>Sorc Boots>Hourglass>Banshee's>Void Staff>Liandries. It's not AP heavy but it works as a great generalist build. For runes I run Sorc/Dom primarily however sometimes I'll go with Sorc/Inspi for Stopwatch against assassin lanes. My normal set up is Comet>Ultimate Hat>Transcendence>Scorch with Cheap Shot>Ravenous Hunter. If I'm using Inspiration then those last two get changed to Stopwatch>Biscuit/Cosmic Insight. Something you can also try(and that I've also been meaning to experiment with) is a hilarious CC Bot build with GLP+Glacial Augment core, to completely ruin a team fight for the enemy team. That's really all I can say right now, hope you found something helpful in it all, I wish you luck in the burying the world in ice and making ADC's kneel.
interesting, I'm fairly decent with managing her mana thus far. used to be a malz main before his rework so I like to think I'm a good mana conserver. I definitely like building morello and I've yet to really build proto belt on her so I'll likely give that a try instead of rushing RoA, once rito gets their client together. The runes I'll definitely have to change and look at, especially against assassins. had a game against an akali where I absolutely wrecked her early game, but then she started roaming and people fed her, so I just got deleted mid to late game.
: Step 1. let it go~
{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Jøkèr (NA)
: I usually play Lissandra (main) with {{item:3027}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3157}} in this order. The rest is situational, though I do like to use {{item:3135}} as third or 4th item. I havent played lissandra much since the new runes came out since I was busy trying out other champions with this new update. I do suggest, however, that you try Comet, The Ultimate Hat, Transcendence, and Scortch. The sub tree is inspiration with biscuit and cosmic insight. I do want to try out the domination tree at some point: Electrocute, Sudden Impact, Eyeball C./Poro Ward, Ravenous hunter with the sub tree being Sorcery: The ultimate hat and transcendence. The only reason that I would suggest coment over Aery is due to Aery being nerfed a bit.
yea rod and zhonyas have been pretty consitent in my builds, but i've also taking a liking to morello on her as well. as far as my masteries or whatever they call em nowadays I definitely have comet on it, not sure about the rest since I cant even log on right now lmao. rito has to get their beans together. I've yet to try out the domination tree on a mage yet either, im kind of curious as well
Truly AC (NA)
: Just kidding LOL. I think she is a very strong at engaging and has decent lani{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} ng phase. Im not an expert at mid, just a fellow adc player but as long as you shove your lane and then look for proactive players in other lanes you will do fine. Her ult is a game changer!
yea I absolutely lover her ult, i just hate when i accidentally ult myself lmao
Truly AC (NA)
: Just don't...{{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: Hi, yea I cant even log in. I open the client then it says "somethings wrong with our servers and it's preventing you from patching...." then it says I need to apply a required update which then brings me to the update screen with the loading bar, to which it never goes past 0.0MB/0.0MB Is this a conjoined issue or is there something else I can do about this? haven't had a problem with the client or updating until today
seems my question has been answered already in the notifications, but thanks in advance!
Rioter Comments
: [Update] We restarted the platform. Can anyone who had issues earlier try re-logging onto the server? Note: Oops, didn't correctly thread my original update (wasn't using discussion mode)
Hi, yea I cant even log in. I open the client then it says "somethings wrong with our servers and it's preventing you from patching...." then it says I need to apply a required update which then brings me to the update screen with the loading bar, to which it never goes past 0.0MB/0.0MB Is this a conjoined issue or is there something else I can do about this? haven't had a problem with the client or updating until today
Barkhoof (NA)
: Other people have given good advice on builds, so I won't touch on that. I did want to say that you seem to be leveling q first. That's fine if you want to push the wave, but another strat is to level e against melee opponents and e+aa as much as possible popping in and out of bushes to drop aggro. If your opponent doesn't have decent regen, this is a fairly decent way to chunk them down. You're likely to get pushed in, providing a decent opportunity for your jungler to come in. Take my advice with a grain of salt, I play many more normals than ranked and haven't ranked Swain since about March/April, so I'm not sure if things have changed significantly.
I'm hesitant to start with anything other than q atm. might have to try that in norms to see how it goes. typically I'll start q not to farm, but more of bully my opponent out of creep kills. i let the minions do their work and last hit and throw beatrice on top of the laner. i feel that ppl dont see swain a lot in bronze so they dont understand that the q will prioritize champs over minions and theyll just stand in there like dumbs lol. q allows me to lay damage on them while concentrating on my farm. i always upgrade my e last
Kootole99 (EUW)
: This is a great swain build for solo q if you feel like solo carrying and is confident in your ability to land your root. Its inspired by quas, a swainmain in challenger so its legit really good. Im a swain main and follow this thought process every game. Climbed from gold 5 to plat 5 playing only swain using this build. It took 160 games and is my first time climbing. Worked wonders and everytime i won lane, i won the game. Starter item:Bellow plat dorans ring, plat and above dorans shield but get a feel for it cause they are good in different situations. Core: First back usually blasting wand and ruby crystall if you want kill preassure, blasting wand and darkseal if you got a kill on a medium squishy before your first back, catalyst if you solely want to farm until you get tower, ninja tabi rush if auto attacking ad laner. If you face akali buy null magic mantle. After this decision build roa. Then you build ordinary boots. Then if you face an laner scaling with ad you build seekers armguard, if not build the book. Then finish zhonyas and if you did not rush ninja tabi you build sorceress shoes. Fourth item: If you are behind build liandrys, if there are two tanks or more build liandrys, is the team very squishy build void staff, is the build very squishy and barely have any mr at all, build raba. If you built dark seal and its fairly stacked feel free to upgrade it. Fifth item: if you havent already built void staff, build void staff. If you built void staff build raba. If you think you can abuse that they have a lot of ap damage dealers (3 or more) and dont feel like you need more damage and they dont have grievous wounds build spirit visage, if they have mortal wounds build banshees. If they are full ad , thornmail or an fitting armour item is not too bad. Final item: if you added more damage last time i suggest you either go for the full glasscanon build and build the last damage item of liandrys, voidstaff or raba too nuke them before they have time to react. (I usually go full glasscanon because your rotation blow up swuishys before they can deal damage if you land your root and your healing scales with ap) or you round of with a deffensive item like banshees against cc, spirit visage against ap teams without mortal wounds or rylais if its a kitable enemy team and you have built liandrys. If last item was a tank item you build a damage item usually. Round off the build with a ellexir of sorcery. Off meta things like seraphs embrace, mejais and glp works. Its just not that good or reliable in higher elos cause i rarely see pros build them. Mejais is to risky since you stand in the middle of a teamfight often with swain. Seraph is a risk because you are shooting up your core which works perfect for an item that is not realy necessary and therefore you powerspike harder but later for not a that huge reward. You need that midgame powerspike because that is when you are the strongest. Glp 800 works as well. I have tried it. But it is outscaled by 5 minutes for more ap health and mana which is realy usefull and the active wont help that much since the reason swain dont hit his w most of the time is because enemies are too far back or have a dash. Not because the q slow is not enough. Most of the time. Runes: go for lots of ap or a few cd blues. But i would say ap in the runes outweight the perks of cd but that my opinion. I always have the spells when i need them and when i do have them i want one good shot rather than a possibility to use my abilities again soon. (Cd is good if you have to put on your ult more than once in a fight because it drains so much mana. But if you are smart about it you only need it on one occasion during the fight. Masteries: use deathfire touch and the resolve tree. You may use cunning tree but i think its not as good. Motivation why i dont suggest you to build spirit visage: spirit visage makes your heals stronger but is easily countered by grievous woundd. Then its usually better to build banshees that gives you ap which makes you heal more, deal more damage, gives you mr and a super strong passive. Almost always better than spirit visage for Swain although banshees cost 200 more gold
Awesome thank you! I think on the masteries and runes we're definitely on the same page. I like the insight you've provided for the defensive items like spirit visage and banshees, never considered taking grievous wounds into account for spirit visage. I've typically avoided getting raba, and only build void staff if needed at the very end. I've taken a liking to getting a tear and building archangel since the mana sustain is incredible (thanks to @ClotsBeforeThots ); lets me ult for days lol
: Full AP Swain is ass. It's also a noob trap. You have to build a mix of AP, health and resistances. First back depends on the matchup. If it's someone who I can't really kill I'll go for a catalyst. If it's someone who I can bully or I've killed already I'll get a blasting wand and a mana crystal. I then proceed to get my ROA along with a Zhonyas if my lane opponent is AD or just merc treads if my lane opponent is AP. I really like building tear on Swain. Some say it kills your lead but I never felt it and the powerspike it gives you along with the the mana sustain is disgusting. I almost never get sorcs on Swain. It's either mercs or tabis depending on their comp and whos fed. A basic full build for me would be ROA, Zhonyas, Mercs/Tabis, Seraphs, Visage and Liandries.
awesome, thanks for the advice. i'll have to start implementing some of this, especially the boots. ill try a game with tear too and see how that goes
Naching (EUW)
: My advice is enjoy him all as you can because Riot will rework him very soon and then old swain going to dissapear.
yea, i picked him up cuz i hated the changes they made to my malzahar =(
verysalt (EUW)
: Can support get punishment for farming alongside Marksman ?
no, there are no instances of rito punishing anyone for creep steals; it's just very heavily looked down upon for a lot of the reasons people have already mentioned. if you want to be a good support you **don't steal minion kills**, it helps absolutely no one and brings your adc behind. adc need a lot of gold to buy items in order to stay relevant and deal lots of damage, as per their name. as a support you should simply build a support item like ancient coin which will give you gold when your adc kills a minion. you can also buy a relic shield on a tankier support, so when you kill a minion you give your adc health back (in which case they will ask you to kill a minion to do so, or you should just know the right moment as a good support). supports job first and formost is protection of their adc early game and warding. eventually they should be building support items in the late game that benefit the entire team
Rioter Comments
: FINALLY, HONOR 3!!
lol not sure why this is getting downvoted. seems like theres some salt out there lol
Rioter Comments
: One reason is modernization; this new version fits better, considering Zaun can't be 'allied' with Noxus because Zaun and Piltover are technically the same city. Another reason is because Darius is being played up as Garen's main rival; we don't need two people rearing for Garen's head. Meanwhile, Swain is being built up as Noxus' 'main villain', with both Sion, Kled, and now Urgot having distasteful feelings towards him.
> Another reason is because Darius is being played up as Garen's main rival; we don't need two people rearing for Garen's head I disagree with that. whats wrong with having multiple nemesis or multiple rivals. if its war you're bound to make plenty enemies, not just make an enemy out of only one person
: Please stop making class updates
updates are inevitable, but some changes (RIP {{champion:82}} midlane) are indeed ridiculous. Rito is just doing typical trial and error
: Is there any way to escape bronze or am I just bad?
Xcùz (NA)
: Club Has Disappeared
I just posted on this issue, in a slightly different light as I dont remember if I was the owner. but I know my club exists and I know the name cant possibly be taken. I just dont understand why they would just completely delete clubs and boot all members to bring it back without any way of reclaiming what was once theirs
: Help Finding a Club
anyone at Riot have some way of figuring this out? or may be pushin up the idea of being able to search clubs and request to join, kind of like how Clash of Clans does it
: Not sure, but add me and I'll send you an invite to my smurfs club! Great function idea though
lol, I'm not on much, so wouldnt want to be a burden but I'll shoot you the request. ty
Rioter Comments
Broporo (NA)
: We wanted players who bought the entire bundle to be able to get a little extra, which is why we decided to include the extra Corruptant Icon. It's a little weird to see that icon only has a cost of 1RP, but essentially it's just a little extra something. I would say a "freebie" but the store would straight up have a nuclear meltdown if the item didn't have a price on it at all xD!
very weird indeed, I kinda wish there were two additional bundles for each champ instead, so I didnt have to choose between an icon or a ward skin since I didnt buy the bundle; but beggars cant be choosers lol. awesome skin though, can't wait to get my jungle on this season now
: Never got corruption icon
they take time to roll them out after you complete the achievement, it's been this way for all events also Rito put this in the fine print of the 'Learn More' website under the icons and stuff: > Icons should appear in your account by 5/29/17 11:59 PM PT.
  Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Takeuchi 17,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5X6GdHc7,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-17T19:15:37.084+0000) > > I used to be an adventurer like your cousin, then I took an arrow to the knee wat does this even mean xD
have you never played Skyrim?? cuz this whole convo I replied to is related to what the guards say in that game lol but basically it means exactly what it says. took an arrow to the knee, cant adventure no more
: Smite is for jungle...
> [{quoted}](name=XxxLumberJackxxX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=db2gHxR3,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-17T20:02:25.820+0000) > > Smite is for jungle... Lol I know that, just saying I saw videos with some people with it in mid lane
: The new Champion, Camille, is a blatant rip-off.
More like a rip off of that movie the Kingsman https://goo.gl/images/tvdTno
: (Formerly Silver IV) Mastery 6 Karthus main, here's some stuff that I know along with some tips that I picked up from a Diamond 4 Karthus main :P When going mid, it's fine to get a Doran's Ring, but I personally like getting The Dark Seal. It gives extra potion power, and if you get fed, you can build into mejai's as well. (it's not as bad on Karthus as you think, since you can still get stacks while in passive). If you can't build into mejai's however, it's ok. I don't really build boots anymore because I find getting another power item is better. According to the Diamond Player, you should never build more than 1 defensive item if you need to. My usual Mid Build is {{item:1082}}+{{item:2031}} > {{item:3070}}+{{item:2033}} > {{item:3027}} > {{item:3165}} > {{item:3001}} OR {{item:3157}} > {{item:3003}} > {{item:3135}} > {{item:3089}} (if fed, get Mejai's in place of Void Staff or Scepter/Hourglass) Now there are some situational Items I go to just in case. I usually will replace either Void Staff or probably Abyssal/Zhonyas for one of these if I do: {{item:3285}}: If I wanna go my "NasKarthus" build (goes with ghost as well) {{item:3030}}: If I want more tank/man and an active damaging slow {{item:3116}}: If I want more overall slow (however I know it's gonna get nerfed soon, so I've been staying off this for a while) and if you want to go Jungle with him (it works suprisingly well in this new season), you can basically just use the same build, only instead of Dark Seal, you build toward Runic Echoes (w/ Blue knife usually) and then I usually sell it to get my void staff.
Interesting, how are his clear rates in the jungle? Any tips on ganking with him? *I likely won't go jungle until after I master mid lane with him, but may be for fun here and there
: Press R lol On the serious note,taking flash is preety much a must.Right now preety much every mage has to go either ghost,heal or exhaust depending on the lane matchup.You can even go tp if you want to rush a tear first item.For years the standard build for him used to be RoA ,tear and regular ap items.Right now Morello and Ryalis are waay too op not to buy and RoA powerspike is way too late for you to capitalize.I would recommend something like tear(you should upgrade it sooner than later,shouldnt be your n1 priority though)>boots(tier 1,upgrade when u can preferably soon because of your low moblity)>Morell/ryalis>ryalis/morello>void staff/rabadons>rabadons/void staff>really situational last item but i'd say zhonya or some defensive item for survivibilty.I'm not a Karthus player,but I'm somewhat of a meta sheep and someone that watches alot of gameplay videos so I guess I am knowledgable to an extent where I can recommend a few things to someone who was away from lol for awhile.Cheers
Gotcha, I tried both builds in my two games, definitely liked morello and rylai over roa. I feel like I see some people use smite instead of ignite, any thoughts on that?
Leetri (EUW)
: My cousin's out fighting dragons, and what do I get? Guard duty.
I used to be an adventurer like your cousin, then I took an arrow to the knee
: Why do ADC's carry Swords?
Because you always bring a knife to a ranged fight. You never know
Rioter Comments
: Patch 5.24 notes
they touched my {{champion:90}} ......its only a matter of time before he joins my old mains. RIP {{champion:38}} {{champion:45}}
: Patch 5.21 notes
RIP Master of Metal
maikokk (NA)
: {{champion:91}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:421}} *edit* : riot doesnt like purple
thank god they havent touched this guy tho. shhh {{champion:90}}
: Patch 5.16's locked in place and no meaningful changes in sight
let us remember those who have fallen {{champion:38}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:82}} RIP
: When a non fan or main of a Champion reworks them it is incredibly apparent and vice versa
I think the biggest thing I took away on the {{champion:82}} changes was this > So, rather than committing to balancing him > We’re trying Mordekaiser out as a duo lane juggernaut only one word came to my head. Lazy
: I wonder if it would make Diana evolve.
Congratulations! Your Diana evolved into a Dianasaur! Dianasaur is trying to learn the move OP, but Rito's Nerf prevents this
: You are now in an Arranged Marriage with your favorite champion
{{champion:31}} I think it wants to eat me, and not in a good way
Show more

Takeuchi 17

Level 37 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion