: New lore update, her weapon/instrument is a darkin. It's just a very gentle darkin that likes music. Sona can also talk perfectly fine, but she just doesn't because it adds an air of mystery to her. She floats via hextech hoverboard hidden under her skirt. She spends upwards of 15000 Demacian Vbucks per month on hair dye, slowly bankrupting her house. Rito, i'm available for hire for your lore team.
FSRER (EUNE)
: Swain rework was one of the reworks that added way more in terms of lore than they did in gameplay. I like current Swain because everything he says and does is well thought out something that many champions (even newer reworks/voice reworks like Ashe) lack. For me he is one of the very few champions that brings the world of runetera in Summoners Rift making him extremely enjoyable to play. Old Swain lacked in many aspects, like every old champion. The only thing I miss from him is the famous dance animation (you know which one). And as for Gangplank, he has been reborn way back in the days, one of the very few reworks that were canon (there was a progression, he exsisted died and was reborn) while most of the champion reworks are not canon, like swain, nothing special happened to him to turn him from what he was before to what he is now. I don't know how to explain it better but I hope you understand what I mean
Gangplank's personality was transplanted far better then old Swains: He's still a pirate captain, but older, crueler... He is a different person though Swain's rework is... fine in a gameplay sense, I miss his old kit and his old story. there was less focus on battle prowless and more on schemes, deception...
: Agree 100%. New Swain never felt like a unit if I'm being honest. He is whatever in pretty much every way. Riot may have delivered a much more balanced champ with his rework but his old identity is completely gone. I especially hate that his new ultimate just gives him a meh pair of wings instead of turning him into the terror-bird. Old Swain was all about his deceptively frail physique, his limping walk making him look like a backline mage and how he could snap and turn on you as a demonic atrocity. New Swain isn't even terrifying anymore, he's become too stereotypical. Now granted that I like the more badass approach to is theme, that's about all he's got going for him.
This sums it up well. I like Swain being a badass but well, I miss his old traits, makes him feel unquie
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jId5AL1A,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-09-28T18:26:15.631+0000) > > too Silver Foxy... I disagree, when I think Silver Fox I picture something like this https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EP2_IA_62393_R.jpg not a bishounen.
I mean he's not THAT handsome...
Arakadia (NA)
: The fact they were intending to entirely remove his raven theme is disgusting and tells me nothing is off the board for Riot.
Sad but true... course, that's always been true, been saying that for a while. Heck, they removed the league of legends!
Kenneky (EUW)
: Looking at old Swain he looked like Singed, the new one looks more serious and not like a cartoon villain as the old one did. I prefer his new visual over his old, he just looked so stupid and goofy in my opinion. But If you like that, it's fine, I just really, really love his new character more. His voice and lore are amazing, loving his new character.
I mean they shared a similar head... and league was more cartoony back then....
: Worst thing about new swain: Swain players begging for a dragonmaster swain skin so they can walk around as a dragon, they tend rework swain so that it's impossible to walk around as a dragon. To be serious it ruined allot of skins for me, ult transformation so lame now.
Maybe, hopefully a legendary skin could do that for the ult?
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jId5AL1A,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-28T15:17:28.123+0000) > > Vaarus... had come out I see what you (probably unintentionally) did there.
: Canonically he still carries a cane around at all times, just in case those demon powers fail him. Never hurts to be prepared. However, you only see it in-game during his dance animation.
oh, well that's good! And in character.
: {{champion:110}} {{item:3070}}
He Had nothing to lose... now that's more true then ever.
: I don't. The new one is hot.
I mean that's subjective. Personally I think he's too Silver Foxy...
Infernape (EUW)
: God I miss his old E. There was something satisfying about watching someone burn to death through his E amplifying Deathfire Touch and the rest of his damage. I actually miss Swain being a DoT mage over one oriented on burst. At least new Swain's lore is interesting. Especially his interactions with LeBlanc.
Oh that I love as well! DoT is always fun! Wonder what's with the design team on that... He also Had a relasionship (and implied romantic that was... further implied to be him manipulating her.) with Lebalc in the old lore.
GreenLore (EUW)
: I mostly agree with you. New Swain is overall an improvement, but I just like the design of old Swain more, as it felt much more unique and conveyed the idea of a mysterious schemer a lot better, whereas new swain is more focused on the theme of the noxian tyrant. I don't have a big problem with new Swains lore though, I'm pretty sure that he is still supposed to be mainly a schemer, thats why they gave him the ability to look into peoples souls, so that he has access to a lot of information, allowing him to easily manipulate others. It's just that new Swain didn't have a lot of time to show this off. Remember that old Swains grand scheme went on for several stories, starting with him capturing J4, after that Boram died, then he went on to bolster his position in the kalamanda conflict and after that he finally became the grand general by killing one of Borams sons(speaking of them, I'd actually like it if they introduced them back in the new lore). Meanwhile new Swain simply didn't have enough lore releases to pull of something like this. My biggest gripe with new swains lore is actually that it skipped over the way Swain was able to subdue Beatrice and that Swain seemingly killed Boram with a big revolution instead of the above scheme. Both of these decisions feel like they were only made to keep his bio short.
> thats why they gave him the ability to look into peoples souls, so that he has access to a lot of information, allowing him to easily manipulate others I didn't know this... this seems a bit like... overkill? Or a way for a writer to make it easier to write swain reading a person. I mean it's understandable why they would give him that ability, but if that's in addation to what I figured would be complex information networks... well that's overkill. > It's just that new Swain didn't have a lot of time to show this off. Remember that old Swains grand scheme went on for several stories, starting with him capturing J4, after that Boram died, then he went on to bolster his position in the kalamanda conflict and after that he finally became the grand general by killing one of Borams sons(speaking of them, I'd actually like it if they introduced them back in the new lore). Meanwhile new Swain simply didn't have enough lore releases to pull of something like this. Fair point. > My biggest gripe with new swains lore is actually that it skipped over the way Swain was able to subdue Beatrice and that Swain seemingly killed Boram with a big revolution instead of the above scheme. Both of these decisions feel like they were only made to keep his bio short. I agree with this as well. I assume they're gonna make a few short stories about it. Now the Revolution would make sense, but I would basicly try to make sure Swain had some measure of controlling both sides? Like a Palpatine thing (Heck, this could be an event of somekind if riot wants, the potential in the revolution is rich.) Or at least maintain backup plans and malupulating the others so the revolution ends in his favor. A chance to show his social prowless I suppose. Also, the Darkwill Family would be interesting just for Internal Noxian politics and the implications and motives one of the family would have..
: > [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jId5AL1A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-28T15:30:41.061+0000) > > Swain, Skarner, Sylas, and a number of other champions might stand to benefit heavily from a Pre-season item shop overhaul introducing Bruiser mage items so I'm hesitant to say anything about them until it happens or ... Or preseason for some reason cancels the Rod of Ages/Catalyst update etc. > > The thing with Swain losing his hand though was to force him to remain "crippled" somewhat, as that was a key factor in the old swain's visual appeal, but likely the demonic hand thing was either way edgier and appealed more to the yuppie Californian designers who consider Star Wars to be the pinnacle of relevant cultural inspiration ... or to more broadly appeal to Chinese boys that Riot's ~~primary~~ solitary demographic consists of. Swain still has a leg brace, for what it's worth. I think the goal was more to scrap the cane and introduce a different visible disability that allowed for a bigger variety of animations as well as new lore.
That's fair i suppose. Still, I like me a cane...
Kazekiba (NA)
: Swain, Skarner, Sylas, and a number of other champions might stand to benefit heavily from a Pre-season item shop overhaul introducing Bruiser mage items so I'm hesitant to say anything about them until it happens or ... Or preseason for some reason cancels the Rod of Ages/Catalyst update etc. The thing with Swain losing his hand though was to force him to remain "crippled" somewhat, as that was a key factor in the old swain's visual appeal, but likely the demonic hand thing was either way edgier and appealed more to the yuppie Californian designers who consider Star Wars to be the pinnacle of relevant cultural inspiration ... or to more broadly appeal to Chinese boys that Riot's ~~primary~~ solitary demographic consists of. Oh and the "Hey you know how Demacia is virtue and Noxus is Social Darwinist Extremism and Vice? Okay but what if Demacia was corrupt and evil and Noxus were the good guys for NO REASON????" whole thing so now Swain, instead of being the ruthless mastermind with a demon puppet, is uhh, a good guy fighting against the void and protecting people??? From nightmare visions of whats to come ... not sure why they went that angle when they couldve just made a new champion for it
Well Swain may have been faking being crippled (His old dance emote... however canon that was) So i don't mind it too much but... well, the Demonic Hand isn't that much of a crippling... being crippled was.
darkdill (NA)
: Wow, Ashe sounds really jaded in her new voice over
You know, i like Ashe having some religion, but it's so... melodramatic. Like I get it she's a leader and the like but it's basicly hammering it in like a Sledgedriver. It's like she has no personality beyond her being the Unifier...
Jacksin (OCE)
: Jax's mask
Icanthia, where he's from... no one cared who he was until he put on that mask so i don't think we'll be seeing his face under it (and we shouldn't... cooler that way.)
Rioter Comments
GreenLore (EUW)
: I'm ok with most of your criticism towards Leona, I just wanted to point out that your theory that Leonas mind was altered by the aspect is definitely wrong, as Leonas lore directly adresses that possibility, making it clear that Leonas mind was not altered.
If not directly altered, she is likely being manipulated by the aspect; keep in mind that before hand her main reason for the climb was to kill Diana, now she doesn't have a reason to kill her, and would reason to be separate from any of her warriors (Read; other people) once Diana was found. The Fact in Diana's story she was the only one spared compounds that something is not quite right with either aspect. But thank you for being reasonable.
: > Like I want them to maintain a focus on her; either she's a quirky child or she's no longer human. You can't have both without making her seem unsympathic or inhuman. There's a reason I Like Star Guardian Zoe; she's barely any different then canon Zoe. It's almost like there's a dichotomy to Zoe's personality, as if two different entities were simultaneously occupying one form. Zoe is a curious, energetic, happy young girl. The Aspect of Twilight is an ancient being who views life and its duties on a scale far beyond a typical human's understanding. The individual personalities of Zoe and of the Aspect of Twilight both shine through to different degrees at different times.
Last I checked they are basicly described as a PERFECT synchronicity; there is no telling where Zoe Ends and it begins... I see no Dichotomy; we'd see Zoe Struggle with it if there was.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > And Pantheon? A Space body-jacker who took over a better character like a meat-suit. I assume by "space body jacker" you're referring to Pantheon the Aspect, given you mentioned "took over a better character like a meat-suit". Though that sentence is a little weird since we have no idea how those Aspects look like without their host bodies and the really jacked body is just the body of Atreus, not having much to do with Pantheon. Also if you have been following the development, apparently Pantheon the Aspect has died (slain by Aatrox), or at the very least has gone into dormancy if not straight up killed. The current Pantheon in the game is none other than Atreus himself who is the original owner of the body, who resurfaced after the ego death of Pantheon the Aspect. He is just called Pantheon now because Atreus thought it would be a great idea to literally take the name of his then-slaver as his own after the latter's fall.
Yes... in fact that's why I have this thread; I'm talking about old-pantheon by referring to the metaphysical parasite as a parasite. It's referring to the THING called an aspect.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Old Leona changed because the aspect provided her with new information, thats why she changed, because she got some actual insight into her religious beliefs that weren't tainted by the prejudices of the solari teachings. Her lore actually states explicitly that Leona was still in full control > **She still had her memories and thoughts, was still master of her own flesh**, but a sliver of something vast and inhuman had chosen her to be its mortal vessel. **It gifted her with incredible powers and awful knowledge that haunted her eyes and weighed heavily upon her soul; knowledge she could only ever share with one person. **
Oh hello again! We've had this discussion before. My problem is that it seems far, far too easy; indoctrination is not changed by given evidence of a different position. The Aspect basicly showed her all the evidence, and given divine nature, likely irrefutable... This is why she's going to Diana, to confirm this information. Now if you ask me this, along with diana's story shows the aspects control; manipulating the two of them for their own ends. Diana and Leona are now separate form their institutions and depending on them... She may be in charge now... but Diana's already a puppet, and Leona... well, I've laid out my problems with her already.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EvEjEpMq,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T18:16:27.298+0000) > > look, let me put it this way; a flower is nice and all, but life is more beautiful. Taric's protector thing is to protect the beauty of the world. Now the FLower is the only one of it's kind, but that's nature, it's gonna die and it's likely already spread it's pollen and passed on it's genes... the battle that he goes to is one where people WILL die. He cares more about the flower. > > There are ways to change it; I suggested a field of flowers that will one day be a cure to their ills, but basicly, he needs a better reason to beat people up other then "They might step on this flower while killing eachother!" Which makes him seem petty and... well stupid as well. At least give him more of a reason. wth? why you telling me this? what's it to do with my reply? Idc abt the flower or the grass, I think it only shows his characteristic in his story. That's why I say Taric is a girl inside.
> What do you want Taric to fight for, if not a flower And I told you ways I think would make it work to have him fight for a flower. Is that too hard?
: Tanky supports must try Exhaust and Ignite together!
I think having Flash is too much of a boon to give up.
SEKAI (OCE)
: Kayn's kind of cool because it's as if he's designed to give off the most "deviant OC" vibe he can get, and then you actually play him and hearing his VO and you're like, "well it's not as bad as I'd thought". The greatest part about Kayn is less about his personal history but his interaction with Rhaast. Basically a self-important edgelord (sort of) battling in wits with a brute, which probably sounds a lot worse than it actually is. Because what happens is that the said brute (Rhaast) has to fake a persona and take things strategically, and Kayn has to somehow overpower a hundreds if not thousands of years old entity in composure and stand his ground. When you see Kayn and Rhaast interacting with each other in jolly cooperation as they each seem to depend on one another, complete each other's sentence and fool around, it is in the end all for the end game of finding a vulnerable moment to completely consume the other. Now, that's interesting. Kayn's personal background is basically just a filler (and it's as if the writer does everything they could to make sure you know that), his interaction with Rhaast is the real writing.
I mean you have to admit being an edy boi gives him a bit of charm. I think the writing could be better of course, but I love him and Rhaast…
: Because the position requires you to be a soulless psychopath and anyone who can bond with an animal is highly unlikely to be a psychopath.
No in fact that's the worse thing to have in an inquisitor; You need someone who is able to command both Fear and loyalty. Someone who radiates authority. Someone with the skills to investigate carefully, someone who could make you sell your own mother into slavery with a stern glare. You need someone so faithful, so deciated to Demacia that no one can make them turn. Unfortunately New! Leona is no where near Demacia, but you'd need someone like her.
FSRER (EUNE)
: There is also Kayle and Morgana that are the aspect of Justice (which before was her mother). Isn't it weird that they are not talked about, at all and there is not a single aspect that interacts with them?
Oh wow I didn't know that... Have to check on them. I'm surprised they didn't pull a Janie and make them... well, celestial sprits? They're already angels... But i'll have to read their lore before forming an opinion. It IS weird they aren't talked about, perhaps they weren't initially planned to b Aspects until later?
: I think you're characterizing Zoe improperly. As an ancient being, she thinks on a different timescale than a typical person and has seen things people aren't usually witness to. For example, she notes that a squirrel that she thinks is cute will only live for a couple more years, but that the shortness of its life makes it even cuter. She's also the Divine Messenger of Targon who heralds events of great significance, like the Great Darkin War. So let's extrapolate: the handful of decades that makes a person's lifespan? That's charming. A little village of people? She's seen the fall of civilizations. In the end, these things and these people are of little cosmic significance, and so that's how she regards them. And as far as not having wisdom befitting a being of her age, she has plenty of lines that explore the nature of the cosmos and her duties as an Aspect. But then again, she's had a thousand years to ponder things like that. Here on Runeterra, after being gone for so long, she's more interested in all of things she's experiencing as new for her and everything's that changed. But I that's just my take, I suppose.
> I think you're characterizing Zoe improperly. As an ancient being, she thinks on a different timescale than a typical person and has seen things people aren't usually witness to. Your right... and considering she still acts like a child it's disconcerting... > I think you're characterizing Zoe improperly. As an ancient being, she thinks on a different timescale than a typical person and has seen things people aren't usually witness to. Yes and that makes her typical attitude more alien... and she's not really strongly presenting as this alien, faeish being despite that probably being more consistent with her duites and lore. > A little village of people? She's seen the fall of civilizations. In the end, these things and these people are of little cosmic significance, and so that's how she regards them. So we agree on this? That's she's an alien little thing and a danger to the innocents of Runeterra? Okay. > And as far as not having wisdom befitting a being of her age, she has plenty of lines that explore the nature of the cosmos and her duties as an Aspect I mean kinda? She could be more interesting as a... Fae like, alien figure but she's played mostly as a quirky character instead of this incredibly dangerous and powerful girl. (Heck I argued with someone who worked on her on it when she came out; she's insanely dangerous and her quirkiness and cuteness hurts that part of her character) > But then again, she's had a thousand years to ponder things like that. Here on Runeterra, after being gone for so long, she's more interested in all of things she's experiencing as new for her and everything's that changed. You also just said she's seen things we wouldn't believe… why is she interested in it? She's seen so much Runeterra is just another stop. She shows no concerns... well, no human concerns anyways; her family? Her culture? GONE. Humans/ So CuTE! Opps I broke them... Like I want them to maintain a focus on her; either she's a quirky child or she's no longer human. You can't have both without making her seem unsympathic or inhuman. There's a reason I Like Star Guardian Zoe; she's barely any different then canon Zoe.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EvEjEpMq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T16:39:56.938+0000) > > I feel it's too... petty. It's one flower, the last of it's kind, but it's genetics are already spread and the conflict between the Noxians and Demacians would cost more lives then just the flower. > > Basicly give him more of a reason to protect it is what i'm saying. I'm sorry what was my original reply again..?
look, let me put it this way; a flower is nice and all, but life is more beautiful. Taric's protector thing is to protect the beauty of the world. Now the FLower is the only one of it's kind, but that's nature, it's gonna die and it's likely already spread it's pollen and passed on it's genes... the battle that he goes to is one where people WILL die. He cares more about the flower. There are ways to change it; I suggested a field of flowers that will one day be a cure to their ills, but basicly, he needs a better reason to beat people up other then "They might step on this flower while killing eachother!" Which makes him seem petty and... well stupid as well. At least give him more of a reason.
: > Happy to see a ~~better~~ broken Pantheon There you go, I made your title honest.
I mean this is lore-wise. Gameplay wise... maybe?
: Leona has found out some truth that put obvious doubt in her and her looking for Diana since they changed the story. Also she did many thing that a straight up "zealot" wouldn't do, she helped the golden skin demon boy up the mountain when she wasn't supposed to which is what got her in trouble in the first place and she's actively seekiing out Diana, a heretic btw, not to kill her, but seemingly just to talk and make sense of what she now knows. Her "zealotry" is not nearly what you describe it to be. Diana is in control of her own actions. Only old Pantheon was a complete slave to his Aspect.
> Also she did many thing that a straight up "zealot" wouldn't do, she helped the golden skin demon boy up the mountain when she wasn't supposed to which is what got her in trouble in the first place and she's actively seeking out Diana, a heretic btw, not to kill her, but seemingly just to talk and make sense of what she now knows. The Golden boy was before being indoctrinated by her little cult. and then there's this when Diana is Speechifying; _"Leona felt her anger build with every word Diana spoke, and when the elders rejected her words and named her a blasphemer, Leona knew it would be her blade that ended the heretic’s life." " Leona knew there was only one path open to her. She would hunt down and destroy the heretic Diana for the murder of the Solari elders." "The heretic’s footsteps were like shimmering mercury to Leona’s eyes, leading ever higher up the slopes of Mount Targon. Leona did not falter, climbing through a landscape that seemed strange and unfamiliar, as though she followed paths that had never existed until this moment. The sun and moon passed overhead in a blur, as if many days and nights passed with her every breath. She neither stopped to eat nor drink, letting fury sustain her beyond what should have been humanly possible."_ This only goes away after her aspect shows her the city and after the merger is when the Leona changes.. now the weird thing is up until this point her rage at Diana and her desire to kill her was her driving force. With Old Pantheon that make it seem like... well, the Aspect affected her mind. I don't mind her killing; that's just survival, but the Solari don't have any depth, being the Evil religious people, and making Leona their attack dog only makes them look worse. > Diana is in control of her own actions. Only old Pantheon was a complete slave to his Aspect. Nothing in Diana's life was in her control. _" They had travelled from a distant land, drawn by dreams of a mountain they had never seen and the promise of revelation. Exhaustion and blinding stormwinds overwhelmed them on the eastern slopes of the mountain, and there, beneath cold, pitiless moonlight, Diana came into the world as her mother breathed her last." " Yet Diana found moonlight entrancing and beautiful in a way the harsh sun glaring down the mountain could never match. Every night the young girl would wake from dreams of climbing the mountain to sneak from the initiates’ dormitories to pick night-blooming flowers and watch freshwater springs turn silver in the moonlight." "At night, watching the silver moon rise over the impossibly distant summit, she felt more and more like an outcast. The urge to climb the mountain’s flanks was like an itch that could never be scratched, but everything she had been taught since birth told her the mountain would claim more than just her life should she ever try. Only the most worthy and heroic dared make such an ascent. With every passing day, Diana felt more alone and more certain that some vital aspect of her life remained unfulfilled." " A glint of light behind a sagging bookcase drew Diana’s eyes, and upon investigation, she discovered the partially burned pages of an ancient manuscript. Diana took the pages and read them beneath the full moon that very night, and what she read unlocked a door into her soul." " This was a revelation to the girl with the sable hair, and as she looked beyond the moonlit temple walls, she saw an elderly woman wrapped in a bearskin cloak trudging up the far path that eventually led to the mountain’s summit. The woman’s steps were faltering and she leaned on a carved staff of willow to remain upright. She saw Diana and called for help, saying that she had to reach the top of the mountain before morning — an ambition Diana knew was utterly impossible." "Diana’s desire to help the woman and climb the mountain warred with everything the Solari taught. The mountain was for the worthy, and Diana had never felt worthy of anything. Again the woman asked for her help, and this time Diana did not hesitate. She scrambled over the walls and took the woman’s arm, leading her up the mountain, amazed someone so aged had even made it this far. They climbed for hours, above the clouds and into the chill air where the moon and stars glittered like diamonds. Despite her age, the woman kept climbing, urging Diana onwards when she stumbled or when the air grew thin and cold."_ At this point i'm just quoting the story but i'm gonna continue with the major ones. _"Diana stumbled down the mountain in a fugue state, oblivious to her surroundings, until she found herself before a cleft in the mountainside; a cave mouth that would have been invisible but for the moonlight shadows. Cold and needing shelter for the night, Diana sought refuge within the cave" "Diana reached out, and as her fingers touched the cold steel of the armor, her mind exploded with images of lives she had never lived, memories she had never experienced and sensations she had never known. Scraps of ancient history raged like a blizzard in her mind; secret knowledge she but dimly grasped and innumerable futures scattered like wind-blown dust." "When the visions faded, Diana saw she was now fully clad in the silver warplate, armor that fitted her as though wrought especially for her. Her mind was still afire with newly-acquired knowledge, but much of it remained frustratingly out of reach, like a picture half in shadow, half in light." "Diana was appalled. How could the elders reject what was so patently true? How could they turn their back on revelations brought from the very summit of the holy mountain? Her fury built at their willful blindness, and blazing orbs of silver fire spun in the air around her. With a scream of rage-fueled frustration, Diana’s sword swept out, and where it struck, silver fire burned with killing light. Again and again, Diana lashed out and when her fury ebbed, she saw the carnage she had unleashed."_ She kills them all (Aside from Leona SURELY a coincidence… surely...) _"Appalled at what she had done, Diana fled the site of the massacre, escaping into the wilds of Mount Targon as the Solari reeled from the savagery of her attack." And she's even surprised she did it in the first place..._ It may not have been their intention, but... yeah it fits well.
: What do you want taric fight for if not a flower then?
I feel it's too... petty. It's one flower, the last of it's kind, but it's genetics are already spread and the conflict between the Noxians and Demacians would cost more lives then just the flower. Basicly give him more of a reason to protect it is what i'm saying.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: If Swain and LeBlanc ever becomes a thing in the new lore
I always thought of their relationship as both of them making power plays with each other. Both of them are using each other for their own goals, but they do genuinely love each other. Still, each and every action they do is to further there goals and Swain and LeBlac try to use their relationship to sway events in their favor.
: > it will be about her replacement. And that will be? Man the hate you have towards Diana is of the charts Why do you hate my champion so much? Did you got 1 SHOT by her lately is that it? Not that i care or something will change but **WHY?**{{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> And that will be? New Diana and her amazing super-special-choclate-coated-Aspect. > Man the hate you have towards New Targon is of the charts Fixed for you. > Why do you hate my champion so much? I hate new Diana because i liked Old Diana, She was more complex, interesting, and just plain better than her replacement.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eZ0klyyn,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-27T14:15:08.472+0000) > > Oh yeah, I like the comic too, but you really need to see Diana's knew lore and compare and contrast with this. It's sadly not canon, as much as we want it to be. Dude why cant you just apprieciate something you have in front of you? I dont see Riot making a comic so i'll take it concidering it was created 5 years ago
> Dude why cant you just apprieciate something you have in front of you? Because this comic reminds me of a better time for Targon's lore, back before the immoral space parasites, Leona being a murderer, Diana actually having an interesting character, Pantheon not being a parasite, Zoe not existing, ect. > I dont see Riot making a comic so i'll take it concidering it was created 5 years ago and when they do make that comic, it won't be about Diana, it will be about her replacement.
: It isn't implied that the Aspect made her killed the elders in her story. The Aspect making her parents travel to Mount Targon and helping her discover the Lunari makes sense. Based on Aurelion's Lore it is possible for the Aspects to know their next host before they are even born, so showing her parents visions to get them to come to Mount Targon was a form of insurance for the Aspect. It makes sense that the Aspect had to help her discover the Lunari, how else would a girl without any of knowledge of its existence, discover a religion quashed by the Solari elders. Aside from a mere coincidence the Aspect revealing the manuscript to her, is the next best option. Where does Leona kill someone for disagreeing with her?
> It isn't implied that the Aspect made her killed the elders in her story. Read this again > Diana was appalled. How could the elders reject what was so patently true? How could they turn their back on revelations brought from the very summit of the holy mountain? Her fury built at their willful blindness, and blazing orbs of silver fire spun in the air around her. With a scream of rage-fueled frustration, Diana’s sword swept out, and where it struck, silver fire burned with killing light. Again and again, Diana lashed out and when her fury ebbed, she saw the carnage she had unleashed. The elders were dead and Leona lay on her back, her armor smoking as though fresh from the forge. Appalled at what she had done, Diana fled the site of the massacre, escaping into the wilds of Mount Targon as the Solari reeled from the savagery of her attack. However, when she was finished, she was horrified at what she did. There are to possibilities, One is that she was genuinely angry enough to kill them, but the text implies she didn't want to do it. The ASpect influencing her emotions makes a better cases, especially so as this Helped Leona climb the mountain. > Based on Aurelion's Lore it is possible for the Aspects to know their next host before they are even born, so showing her parents visions to get them to come to Mount Targon was a form of insurance for the Aspect. True, but why did it need for those two to die? What gives it the right to drive to people to insanity and cause them to die on the mountain? Hell, Taric's lore shows that there hosts don't need to be Targonian, only fit their approval. > It makes sense that the Aspect had to help her discover the Lunari, how else would a girl without any of knowledge of its existence, discover a religion quashed by the Solari elders. Aside from a mere coincidence the Aspect revealing the manuscript to her, is the next best option. Well, old Diana actually searched for it herself, being a bookish person back then. She found old manuscripts about the Lunari and found it herself. New Diana showed no active searching and the book she found happened to be handed to her by her aspect. It makes new Diana come off as an idiot who doesn't know what she's talking about (Why didn't the Solari let her 'shine like the sun' if she was already arguing with them?) and needs her hand held like a child. > Where does Leona kill someone for disagreeing with her? Read Leona's lore, she wanted to murder Diana or daring to question the Solari elders (actually, how is she more indoctrinated then the woman who was raised by the Solari?) and was eagerly awaiting to murder her. And when Diana escaped, she used that raw, undying fury to climb the equivalent of Mount Everest.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eZ0klyyn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-27T13:28:11.261+0000) > > Sorry, this isn't canon anymore. IT IS FOR ME {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Oh yeah, I like the comic too, but you really need to see Diana's knew lore and compare and contrast with this. It's sadly not canon, as much as we want it to be.
: Diana's Lore Comic: RIOT MAKE AN OFFICIAL ONE PLEASE
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=8lU2GMrN,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-26T21:40:13.035+0000) > > I read the whole thing once the red faded from my eyes after reading Leona's and Pantheon's new lore. Diana didn't do anything. Everything in her life was controlled by an alien. Her parents got to targon because the aspect wanted them to. Diana discovered the lunari, not by studying old texts, but because the aspect made it appear for her. She killed the elders because (as it's implied) the aspect influenced her emotions. She is a puppet on the aspects strings. A far cry from a woman who was almost killed because she found the truth, and then turned the tables and became a monster like the ones that almost killed her. > > The Lore. I hate New Targon almost as much as new Leona hates people who disagree with her. > > Look , I liked Diana, she was one of my best junglers and mid-laners, but after her lore was released I got her off my collection. Same with the rest of the targonians. > > I'm glad you find some joy in it, i just want to know why. So to summarize you are saying that Diana is a mindless Minion who has no control over her life and choices and actions and everything that happened so far it was ment to happen because the Moon wanted so and that her Entire life was preplanned from the very begining? If thats what you are saying about Diana then it must be the same for the rest of the aspects like i said right? My only question is Why are you Spreading all this hate and lies for what? I think you must be a Leona main Sorry to say but you DONT know the first thing about the champions personality let alone her lore So am not gonna sit here and argue with someome who just has an idea of how things are
> So to summarize you are saying that Diana is a mindless Minion who has no control over her life and choices and actions and everything that happened so far it was ment to happen because the Moon wanted so and that her Entire life was preplanned from the very begining? Yep, that's very clear if you read the lore. She has a personality yes, but the Original Diana earned everything. The Moon aspect in this version gave her everything. Nothing Diana has is truly her own. Please, feel free to quote her lore and prove me wrong, but i read it. Show me how it isn't. > If thats what you are saying about Diana then it must be the same for the rest of the aspects like i said right? Yes, tell that to Atreus.... Oh wait, you can't because Pantheon posses his body and kicked him out. New Leona gave up her murderous hatred of Diana when her aspect got inside her (despite that hate being the thing that let her climb the mountain.). Zoe is separated from her parents and friends, is essentially a child solider , but doesn't have any sort of trauma for it and displayes sociopathic tendencies, and didn't even have a 'choice' in the matter in the same way the others did. Taric, while the nicer among the aspects, is willing to beat people p over a flower. > My only question is Why are you Spreading all this hate and lies for what? Welcome to the boards, you posted something and i posted something back. I loved Old Targon, and i hate new Targon. I don't see how this is hatefull, nor can i see how they are lies. Your free to disagree with me, so long as you understand I am free to disagree with you. You wanted to talk about Diana, because we both love playing her, but we have separate opinions on her new lore. This Board is for people to discuss their opinions. > I think you must be a Leona main I play Adcs, Supports occasionally. Leona was my favorite support, true, but I liked ALL of Targons Champions. Pantheon helped me get to level 30, Diana was amazing with her burst damage, and Leona fit my aggressiveness and also my protectiveness of my teammates. I haven't played with them since the new lore, and probably never will again. > Sorry to say but you DONT know the first thing about the champions personality let alone her lore Old Diana was a studious, socially awkward girl who was raised by the Solari for reason not known. As she felt more comfortable with the moon then in the sun, she thought there had to be something more to the moon. She hit the books and discovered evidence of a once great civilivation, the Lunari. She put on the Armor and Sword that she found, Eager to show her evidence to the Solari, only to be tortured and proclaimed a heretic. Before she was murdered, she called out for the moon, and the moon answered. She killed her captors, but in vengeance swore to bring the SOlari down and bring back the Lunari. Her In-game lines, combined with the above, give me this picture of Old Diana; She was an avid learner, bad with people (and her issues with the sun doesn't help in the slightest.) but an honest person. Her transformation showed me that she is also a serious, spiteful person now. However, the change in her personality makes sense, because people who practically raised her almost murdered her over an objective truth. Old Diana was a great character, New Diana got into fights with her peers over Solari theology about the moon (and given that the Solari didn't let her 'shine like the sun' they must have been pathetic arguments at that). However, the scene where she accepts the aspect reveals a lot about new DIana; she wants to be accepted. I never got much of a feel about her personality besides that other then she was someone bad at arguments and still socially awkward. She didn't seem like the murdering type, but the aspect seems to have taken care of that for her. (To be entirely fair, they were going to kill her). It's an interesting turn for someone who still advocates for peace between the sun and moon... and yet, this incident is what made Leona go up the mountain... In any case, throughout her bio, Diana never really had a choice. Her parents brought her their and the moon aspect gave everything else to her, even her most impressive accomplishment is at it's hands. please, feel free to disagree with me on any of this, I want to understand the other side. > So am not gonna sit here and argue with someome who just has an idea of how things are And you are free to do so. as well.
: > to a woman who regularly has her body stolen and is barely in control of her own actions You misunderstood the entire lore if you read any of course > Why Do i like it? By IT you mean what exactly **I COMPLETELY ADORE AND LOVE DIANA AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE HER FOR THE WORLD AS MY MAIN** As long as League exist Diana will be my main ==> Simple :)
> You misjudged the entire lore if you read any of course I read the whole thing once the red faded from my eyes after reading Leona's and Pantheon's new lore. Diana didn't do anything. Everything in her life was controlled by an alien. Her parents got to targon because the aspect wanted them to. Diana discovered the lunari, not by studying old texts, but because the aspect made it appear for her. She killed the elders because (as it's implied) the aspect influenced her emotions. She is a puppet on the aspects strings. A far cry from a woman who was almost killed because she found the truth, and then turned the tables and became a monster like the ones that almost killed her. > By IT you mean what exactly The Lore. I hate New Targon almost as much as new Leona hates people who disagree with her. Look , I liked Diana, she was one of my best junglers and mid-laners, but after her lore was released I got her off my collection. Same with the rest of the targonians. I'm glad you find some joy in it, i just want to know why.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VwH6EEEU,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-12-26T20:01:55.792+0000) > > Leona, read her lore > > Diana, read her lore too i don't really care about Leona but for Diana i can tell you there is nowhere that Directly Says that she is "possessed" by anyone you make it sound like those old Exorcism movies If that was the case Zoe Leona Taric and Panth would be the same
> but for Diana i can tell you there is nowhere that Directly Says that she is "possessed" by anyone you make it sound like those old Exorcism movies The Aspects of Targon show that they have the power to control their hosts, Diana's lore shows that it made her parents go to targon; > Diana was born as her mother and father sheltered from a storm on the unforgiving slopes of Mount Targon. They had travelled from a distant land, drawn by dreams of a mountain they had never seen and the promise of revelation. Exhaustion and blinding stormwinds overwhelmed them on the eastern slopes of the mountain, and there, beneath cold, pitiless moonlight, Diana came into the world as her mother breathed her last. can take control of her body > Diana reached out, and as her fingers touched the cold steel of the armor, her mind exploded with images of lives she had never lived, memories she had never experienced and sensations she had never known. Scraps of ancient history raged like a blizzard in her mind; secret knowledge she but dimly grasped and innumerable futures scattered like wind-blown dust. > When the visions faded, Diana saw she was now fully clad in the silver warplate, armor that fitted her as though wrought especially for her. Her mind was still afire with newly-acquired knowledge, but much of it remained frustratingly out of reach, like a picture half in shadow, half in light. She was still Diana, but she was also something more, something eternal. Feeling vindicated with this new knowledge, Diana left the mountain cave and made her way unerringly towards the Solari Temple, knowing she had to tell the elders what she had learned. (Clearly the aspect didn't rust her to know how to put the armor on) and is implied to have given this Diana, who hasn't really shown the mentality to kill people, the peak of empotion to kill all the elders. > If that was the case Zoe Leona Taric and Panth would be the same Pantheon is an entity that kicked out Atreus and know lives in his body. He IS possessed. Leona, Zoe, And Taric are debatable, but Leona stopped chasing Diana (her undying, murderous hatred being the thing that let Leona climb up that mountain in the first place.) after the Aspect got inside her head. Zoe, for someone who is a child solider and is separated from her family and friends doesn't seem to have any trauma and killed guardsmen and didn't even go 'opps' Taric is thee only one of the new Targonites I like, and even then i still think he's an asshole. He fought his own countrymen and possibly killed them over a flower. You can make a strong case for them being possessed.
: When Riot was Talking about Mount Targon i was like
Diana went from a woman driven by hate and becoming no better than the people who did that to her, to a woman who regurlaly has her body stolen and is barely in control of her own actions.... Why did you like it? i get we have a difference of opinions on this, but what about it is that you like?
NotAmph (NA)
: Skaarl = Darkin?
Skraal would make a better darkin then Vaarus, she has a much better character.
: > [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VwH6EEEU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-26T15:24:19.849+0000) > > So a Murderous Zealot and a Woman who gets possessed regurally by an eldritch entity raise a sociopathic child? I would watch the hell out of this! you lost me there who's the Murderous Zealot Woman who gets possessed?
> Murderous Zealot Leona, read her lore > Woman who gets possessed? Diana, read her lore too
: Zoe's adopted Parents SHORT COMIC
So a Murderous Zealot and a Woman who gets possessed regurally by an eldritch entity raise a sociopathic child? I would watch the hell out of this!
: When Boards turn into French Revolution
Weedbro (NA)
: Make skins for Ivern and Kled, then go back to making skins for Jhin and everyone else.
Ralanr (NA)
: How do servants of Demacian royalty and nobility dress?
Show more

Talos of Altmora

Level 55 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion