Azadethe (NA)
: I don't see any nerfs in 8.10 among the items. When it boils down to it, it's all adc BUFFS.
crit is hard capped at 100%. _nothing_ scales beyond 100% crit chance, because it's impossible for crit chance to get past 100%. think of teemo's shroom recharge time, or heim's turret recharge time. they scale with cdr, they aren't cooldowns themselves, and overcapping cdr does nothing for them
Bultz (NA)
: Stop fucking up Yasuo every time we reach a balance
yeah he's approaching full true damage territory. they're probably gonna nerf him instead of actually doing something about this dumb ass true dmg creep
: You were playing a shit ton then. The old algorithm was like 100 IP for a 30 minute win. So a 6800 IP champion was 36 hours of only winning to get. Or 68 30 minute wins. You have selective memory. (If you don't believe me, go back to the games from last year in your match history on the boards and look at IP gains at your games and do the math)
the long-term gains are only marginally less, yes. but everybody wants instant gratification. and that's where loot boxes and RP come in
Stacona (NA)
: Crit chance is removed. It does give 10% less CDR now. But all of the items have crit chance removed and can now only get it from zeal items. The new item probably be better for Tryn now, but it is based on how much you want CDR.
essence reaver is 109% efficient without the passives, 119% efficient with the cdr passive lemme do some quick maffs to determine new efficiency AD gold value is 35 per point 35\*70=2450 CDR gold value is 26.66 per point 26.66\*20=533.33 without the passive, new essence reaver is 93% efficient
destos (NA)
: riot, are you kidding me?
basic attacks refund 1% of your missing mana they're just giving this item back to the exact same shithead who made it change to a crit item {{champion:81}}
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Laning against Nasus is the most frustrating experience I've had in League
{{champion:83}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:122}} ***"sit."***
Eedat (NA)
: {{item:3086}} -> {{item:3031}} boom
wow, 7000g for 80% crit. so much more efficient than live!
: Is this purely for the cd bonus?
for the ad, crit, ***and*** cdr it's 103% efficient without either passive, and 119% efficient with just the cdr passive for context, IE is 93% efficient without its passive ######all based on cost analysis on the league wikia
Opdí (NA)
: This is Permabanabble???
permabans dont come without anything before them, so we all know you've already been chat restricted at least once, 14day banned at least once, and then chat spammed enough for people to report you and get you a perma
: > [{quoted}](name=TempName74814,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:46:51.454+0000) > > it's fucking tiny, how the hell does it distract you It's an opaque box that takes up about 1/12 of the dimensions of my screen each way. And it's positioned *right* where I most often need to watch for incoming attacks. On top of that, it's something suddenly there. That draws my attention away from the fight to look at whatever the fuck it was that just popped up. I have no idea if that's their Vi that I suddenly have to flash ult away from or not, so I can't afford to *not* look at it, costing me precious time I need to be dodging other things. **On top of that**, people are more likely to say "yes" if they don't see a "no" there already. Meaning I *need* to make sure I hit "no" before my team literally throws away our win away.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:53:29.386+0000) > > It's an opaque box that takes up about 1/12 of the dimensions of my screen each way. > > And it's positioned *right* where I most often need to watch for incoming attacks. > > On top of that, it's something suddenly there. That draws my attention away from the fight to look at whatever the fuck it was that just popped up. I have no idea if that's their Vi that I suddenly have to flash ult away from or not, so I can't afford to *not* look at it, costing me precious time I need to be dodging other things. it really takes you more than the fraction of a second it takes to glance to figure out if something is a vi or a surrender box? i think you've got bigger problems, buddy > **On top of that**, people are more likely to say "yes" if they don't see a "no" there already. Meaning I *need* to make sure I hit "no" before my team literally throws away our win away. i've found that people, including myself, wait for yes votes before hitting yes themselves to assure the surrender goes thru. most of the time, i just don't vote, and the vote ends 3/0 or 2/1
: SOOO hard to get 20 champs for ranked now
all the fun champs are 4800 or more playing on a level 20 account with only 2 champs so far, kaisa and luc lmao
: Absolutely Zero Reason to pick Rengar over Kha Zix
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TempName74814,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:46:51.454+0000) > > it's fucking tiny, how the hell does it distract you because it's opaque
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:48:33.560+0000) > > because it's opaque you people got adhd or some shit?
: The new Essence Reaver is not as broken as you think.
it'll be funny to see 0 downtime alpha {{champion:11}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:29:54.340+0000) > > take out both That works, too. Get the surrender button out of my way. It's an unnecessary distraction. I'm honestly tempted to just start a 15 minute vote for the sole reason that I'd be able to hide the menu then, instead of when I'm in the middle of a fight.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nAnxIpr5,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T18:31:48.690+0000) > > That works, too. > > Get the surrender button out of my way. It's an unnecessary distraction. > > I'm honestly tempted to just start a 15 minute vote for the sole reason that I'd be able to hide the menu then, instead of when I'm in the middle of a fight. it's fucking tiny, how the hell does it distract you
: > [{quoted}](name=try to plan ahea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rAmdFJlk,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-05-02T17:11:45.959+0000) > > {{champion:23}} loses out massively because {{item:3508}} lost its crit chance and its no longer a good item on him, whereas before it was 100% a core item ER tryndemere? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} News to me
fogged (challenger 1trick) always builds essence reaver. it's a highly gold efficient item, even without the mana passive
: Why is no one mentioning Tryndamere and Yasuo with the new IE changes.
Yas doesn't build ie first. 3700g on an item that doesn't become useful until later is far from optimal. and you realize that it'll take him 5000g to get 80% crit (if IE first) and 7500g to get 100%, right? Leaves more room to shut him down before coming online. he currently has 3 significant power spikes are at 2600g (PD), 3400g (100% crit), and 6200g (IE)
: How will Ashe's passive be affected by crit changes?
i'm wondering more about how the essence reaver change will affect her. isn't ashe decent because of how much essence reaver allows her to spam r?
: Well, marksmen...it was nice knowing ya...
probably would've been better to nerf supports supports break adc
: I missed the logic behind the Warwick change...
"i dont have to play the game to know how to balance it" OMEGALUL
Antelath (EUW)
: PSA: Riot should NOT Rework Udyr
he only needs a VU on the level of garen or yi, but SGU means that they'd have to make the VU look worse than SGU, but better than current. which would be hard. and probably not worth the time. (edit) posted this before reading the body xd
: Stormrazor need to flat out be deleted before it even added
no i want it to go thru i wanna do cheesy shit like dark harvest 1shot garen in aram
: It probably got soothed by Shen getting the main skin and Riven skin being the worse of the three. But yeah, favoritism at its best, I was expecting Jayce to get a Pulsefire skin sooner.
isnt full metal jayce from the same "universe" as the pulsefire skins
: Garen already rarely got a second crit item for 50% crit chance. He needs defensive items or lethality/armor pen of some sort to function properly, so three items for crit is definitely too much of an investment. Normally Garen would just go for IE and call it a day, and that works really well in the current game.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UlrOOMva,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-02T00:06:53.459+0000) > > Did they say IE won't have crit anymore? I thought they were only removing the bonus crit damage. Sure it will no longer cover for the lower crit damage Garen's E has, but if IE still has it's base crit amount you can still pair it with another crit item and make use of this true damage thingy. Won't really know until we get more information on the new IE, but between it and Conqueror Garen could become a true damage powerhouse. > > That or I'm just being overly optimistic again. i.e. is changed to 80 AD - 20% damage of critical strikes connverted to true damage - doubles critical strike chance it wont have crit chance itself anymore.
if it doubles crit chance, won't it only take 3 items to get 100%?
: > [{quoted}](name=TempName74814,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xqou8GkE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-01T23:34:25.344+0000) > > for all intents and purposes, 20% true dmg conversion is the same thing as 20% armor pen you seriously need to learn what the fuck armor pen is
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xqou8GkE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-01T23:35:59.649+0000) > > you seriously need to learn what the fuck armor pen is 100 physical damage, 20% true damage conversion, 0.5 physical dmg (100 armor) **(100-20)\*0.5=40 ** 100 physical damage, 100 armor, 20% armor pen **100\*0.5\*0.8=40 ** 4th grade math dude
: i like how you just slap (basically) on 2 false points to sound credible
> [{quoted}](name=Yaśuo Main,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xqou8GkE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-01T22:07:25.876+0000) > > i like how you just slap (basically) on 2 false points to sound credible for all intents and purposes, 20% true dmg conversion is the same thing as 20% armor pen
: Where's Laughing Fish?
Kagemyth (NA)
: agreed... especially for champs with a steep learning curve.
kaisa doesn't have a very steep learning curve. it's just 3 autos + w = massive burst combo. everything else is just simple shit taken from other champions. {{champion:43}} speed boost to reposition {{champion:157}} ultimate that relies on either teammate cc or landing a skillshot {{champion:421}} w functionally identical to burrowed q ######not kaisa qq, i've just been playing pretty much only kaisa since shortly before the buffs xd
: The Question of the Ages: Is Yasuo OP?
he was op when his e stacked up to 4 times and when it triggered fervor, but since then he's been "okay" .... with some exceptions ######(frozenforce) he used to have a low win rate but high kill rate at every rank, but ever since conqueror, he's had a high winrate in bronze and silver, and a middling winrate in real ranks conqueror made him just another yi, but now statistics in bronze validate bronze opinions
: When will League of Legends die?
similar question with a similar answer: "when will wow die?" probably never, unfotuantely.
: ELO Hell
you got a 65% winrate on yasuo man, just keep playin that if it gets banned and you actually care about your rank, dodge dodging loses you 5 (or is it 3?) LP and _does not affect your MMR._ so over a large sample size, it's actually a net gain of both LP and MMR if it gets banned and you don't actually care about your rank, play a different champ or norms
Rioter Comments
Kumori86 (NA)
: Disappointed, Tired, and May give up the Game.
wonder why some people capitalize random words? more confusing than capitalizing the entire title
Rioter Comments
: GET MY LEAVERBNUSTER AWAY
or just play through 5 games you don't have to sit there and _watch_ the timer count down
: > [{quoted}](name=Superdoer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3sWyjn0m,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-30T16:18:02.126+0000) > > Why is ARAM not ALL RANDOM? It is, it's **exactly as random as it was when it was a player-driven mode**. "All Random All Mid" means "Everyone pick random, everyone go mid". It never, not once, meant all champions would be unlocked; this may shock you but not everyone feels the need to buy every single champion. I myself don't own I think 10 or so, mostly ADCs and Assassins, and you know what? I don't have to play them. I'm not even violating the spirit of ARAM as the **original player-driven mode** also allowed you to do this. "ARAM accounts" are supposedly a thing but there's a pretty inherent confirmation bias in that when trying to determine how many of them there are and whether they exists. > I keep running into good ARAM champions and that shouldn't be a thing because of RNG! The common battle-cry. That said: - I've had runs where the same champion is given to me multiple games in a row for ARAM despite my account having over 100 champions. I am missing 10 or so, not 90% of the roster. - You *should* see ARAM-worthy champions more often than the others. That's why rerolls exist. D&D example, roll 3d6, reroll 1s and 2s. With that in mind, you believe scores of 9 - 18 are the norm when in reality they are not, you just don't get to see the 3 - 8 results. People reroll or even dodge when they think they have shit champs. - Even out of the roster I have, more often than not, I'm given a champion that is either good or passable in ARAM. I believe the RNG actually favors having champions that aren't as useless for the mode.
> [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3sWyjn0m,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-05-01T00:02:31.069+0000) > > "ARAM accounts" are supposedly a thing but there's a pretty inherent confirmation bias in that when trying to determine how many of them there are and whether they exists. leveling up a new account, once you get enough wins to no longer be matched with bots, you get a fair amount of people with "ARAM" in their name, or just straight up saying "yea this is my ARAM account" lmao
: Unlock all champions for ARAM
i wish, but aram players = lux players = cash cows
: whats the point of buffing garens armor, then adding more armor pen and true damage to carries?
: but now Is it Eh-loe Ee-loe Ee-el-Oe Eh-el-oe or REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-el-oe
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9lLTIrBG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-01T07:54:46.637+0000) > > but now > Is it Eh-loe > Ee-loe > Ee-el-Oe > Eh-el-oe > or REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-el-oe eh-low
: Upcoming Jungle Changes for 8.10
this dumb shit might get me maining ivern tho lmao
RaiNinja (NA)
: Where does any of this leave room for the jg's that aren't so dueling heavy and just want to play safe and look for early ganks with their cc's and stuns?
only room left is in the bin
: Upcoming Jungle Changes for 8.10
more RNG, oh boy a lot of notice ahead of time which side it's gonna spawn on? low rank kindred mains rejoice! high rank kindred mains disappointed
: I remember the week after Kai'Sa's release, where a great deal many players went to the Boards to warn Riot not to overbuff her, as they did with every previous release that started out with a low win rate. We brought up many past examples of champions suffering, including many who suffered much harder (e.g. Ivern, Tahm Kench, Gnar), before turning into complete balance monstrosities after a few misguided buffs, in addition to dominating the competitive scene the moment pro players figured them out. Riot's response to this was to reassure us that this time would be different, that these buffs were extensively researched and tested, and that they were sure to land Kai'Sa in just the right spot. They didn't. This total lack of hindsight worries me, because not only does it indicate that the devs balancing new champions aren't learning from past mistakes, but it also suggests that they _refuse_ to learn, and somehow believe that repeating the exact same methodology as before will somehow produce different results. I absolutely agree with the OP here: one week, let alone a couple of days, is not a good enough window of time to properly assess a new champion's strength. There is always a learning curve, especially when Riot releases more complex or mechanically difficult champions, and it's only once a certain number of players have gone past that curve that we can have a better idea of where a champion lies in terms of power. What Riot is doing right now is that they're effectively balancing new releases around their win rate at under 15 games, which as anyone can check on any stat site, is always much lower than a champion's actual win rate over a larger spread. This effect is even more intense on new champions, because players are figuring their kit out on their own, and do not yet have any sort of solid build or guide to follow. Because of this, I think we need _at the very least_ one patch cycle to gauge a champion's power: if they're doing far too well, then for sure they could get hotfixed, and the same should likely be done if they have some crazy low win rate, e.g. some sub-40 win rate as was the case for Syndra and Azir (though both happened also because the champions were super buggy on release), but anything in-between should be met with patience and proper analysis.
she was definitely objectively bad on release. but they overbuffed the shit out of her. the e buff and passive buff (the passive buff could be halved) were enough. she just didn't need the auto range buff or the q range/dmg/cd buff or the w dmg buff
Dessem (EUW)
: TIL Riven has gotten a mythic+ skin four consecutive years
that just means that riven players are probably [whales](https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/63lvak/what_is_a_whale/)
: > [{quoted}](name=Gibberwatt,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=NkP5Ar8l,comment-id=00040002000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-29T22:16:59.398+0000) > > I think she's just salty that they were dissing two of her top three mains in ranked. You're stereotyping certain support players with that awfully stupid term "egirl". Bringing up gender in a video game like a typical sexist... Guess Its a prerequisite to your role and skill now from what I've seen /sarcasm
stereotypes exist because there is some level of truth behind them the fact that you main janna and appear to be female just proves that lmao
: Why Do All Players Think Yasuo Mains Are Bronze,
most yasuo mains are bronze and silver because most of the player base is bronze and silver
Theorex (NA)
: Can I bring up the state of Malzahar.
his ult is his identity\*, and his identity doesn't let him be anything more than a counter pick when he's not broken ######*and voidlings too i suppose
: And it begins...theorycrafting in preparation for upcoming nerf claims. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
the return of full ad darius :^)
Show more

TempName74814

Level 18 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion