: Seriously, its aram
> [{quoted}](name=ExcaliburX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3xXAX8xH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-11T09:27:44.802+0000) > > Seriously, its aram And?
: If you already have rant in the title, why not just post it in the rant board...
> [{quoted}](name=Timethief49,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3xXAX8xH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-11T08:34:19.616+0000) > > If you already have rant in the title, why not just post it in the rant board... Honestly, I tend to simply browse the League Boards, and comment here-and-there. So, I wasn't aware that there was a Rant section.
Rioter Comments
: Cant wait for the Nami & Morgana skin!!~ ♥ {{sticker:sg-lux}}
Same. I've been excited since the skins' announcement.
: What I hate with an unimaginable passion is that Yuumi just chooses the fattest carry on her team, sits on them for the rest of the match and scrolls 4chan with their other hand while making the carry they are sitting on essentially unkillable. Happened yesterday. The enemy jungler, Volibear, got two kills early and Yuumi instantly left her lane to sit on Voli for the rest of the match. She occasionally pressed W to move on and heal her dying AD carry for about 400 hp, then pressed W on Volibear again. We can't kill the Yuumi because we can't kill the Volibear, we can't kill the Volibear because we can't kill the Yuumi.
This is the main thing I hate about Yuumi. Just got out of a game, today, where the Yuumi just sat on their fed Zed or fed Pantheon, for most of the game, after lane phase ended. There's literally zero way to avoid a Zed who's popped Youmuu's and is getting that RIDICULOUS speed boost from Yuumi's E. What I will honestly never understand, though, is why Riot gave Yuumi, a champion who literally cannot be touched while on an Ally, an ability that hard slows you if it's empowered (of which, her allies can help her land, making it virtually undodgeable) AND a movespeed boost on her HEALING ability? If you ask me, it's her E that makes her kit overloaded. You want her to have a heal? Cool. But why does that heal have to come with a speed boost? And, on top of that, she can hold two stacks of said heal/speed boost. With the way her E scales, and the "healing increase" items that she builds, there's literally no reason she should have so much in that ability. And that's before mentioning the fact that the heal is a "% missing HP" heal, which, to me, makes no sense at all.
: RIOT ARE BUFFING YASUO AND KINDRED
I love how they're trying to be slick about the unnecessary Zyra buff, by also directly buffing Leona. How about we just tone down how unhealthy her plants are, in the support role, and find more ways to RETURN HER to the mid lane, where she belongs.
: So you say, 10 damage buff over 2 years, and the 9.1 buff that makes his only skillshot a little better, thus making the hero more skill oriented is a bad change? Look at sivir now. The patch happened, from ~51% win rate to 48% in a couple of days, and this is going to get worse. 20% damage nerf on w kills that champion. While top level adc players spamed jinx waaaay before the patch happened already, and look at who has the highest win ratio now. Yeah, riot is doing a great job, or not. Why is that a low diamond player can notice the trend, while riot just herpderp kills a champion, that never had to be killed in the first place? Edit: in all statistics, sivir is the 112. champion in win ratio right now. Yeah, legit great nerf, the only champion i loved to play.
> [{quoted}](name=Sry Im Learning,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gcUzR1Gf,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-16T19:16:03.868+0000) > > So you say, 10 damage buff over 2 years, and the 9.1 buff that makes his only skillshot a little better, thus making the hero more skill oriented is a bad change? > > Look at sivir now. The patch happened, from ~51% win rate to 48% in a couple of days, and this is going to get worse. 20% damage nerf on w kills that champion. > > While top level adc players spamed jinx waaaay before the patch happened already, and look at who has the highest win ratio now. > > Yeah, riot is doing a great job, or not. > > Why is that a low diamond player can notice the trend, while riot just herpderp kills a champion, that never had to be killed in the first place? > > Edit: in all statistics, sivir is the 112. champion in win ratio right now. Yeah, legit great nerf, the only champion i loved to play. Sivir is literally THE best adc in the game, right now. She needed this nerf.
CJXander (EUNE)
: Pool Party Ahri - Login screen
That ear twitch...OOF! {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: I can only play a couple of games in the evening...
I, personally, hate this more when the person who bans my hover says something like: (Example 1) "Oh, sorry man. I didn't notice the hover and just auto-banned it." Solution - Stop auto-banning. You shouldn't be auto-banning anyway. The "Hover System" was put in place so that people would STOP banning their teammates' potential champion picks. Auto-banning champions literally defeats the purpose of the system. People need to stop banning due to their own personal vendetta's against certain champions. (Example 2) "Sorry, man. I was Alt+Tabbed and didn't know who to ban so I panic banned." Solution - Stop Alt+Tabbing until After the ban phase has finished and AFTER you've picked your champion. It's literally that simple. TL;DR - Stop banning your teammates' hover picks and then trying to "brush it off" with BS excuses.
Saezio (EUNE)
: 600 armor and got deleted by someone with 1 item.... Yeah that's either incomplete info or a lie. Also, what do you consider "deleted" ? You didn't have a chance to R away because of how fast you died? Or you stood and fought with them and you lost the 1v1 because they have sustain and you don't?
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTQZ0a6k,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-05-18T18:41:40.689+0000) > > 600 armor and got deleted by someone with 1 item.... Yeah that's either incomplete info or a lie. > > Also, what do you consider "deleted" ? You didn't have a chance to R away because of how fast you died? Or you stood and fought with them and you lost the 1v1 because they have sustain and you don't? This. Like, I want to be on OP's side about Armor feeling weak (because it truly does), but their example case(s) aren't giving us enough information to draw an unbiased argument.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tentacle Advisor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JQsdM00R,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2019-05-16T15:15:47.457+0000) > > The only issue I've been having with her is my ADC's not wanting to go in for easy kills that I've set up, and have my Exhaust/Heal up. I can't even count how many games I've been in where I've gotten the enemy ADC to below 50%, while my Exhaust/Ignite was up, and my ADC would just mindlessly farm away, and/or just 'love-tap' the enemy ADC (no pun intended towards any Miss Fortune's I've had). > > No matter how many times I ping for them to go in, they just continue farming and/or playing too damn safe. This isn't just one or two games, either. I've noticed this pattern, ever since Yuumi's release. With this being said, I personally feel that it's not that Yuumi is weak, it's that players (ADC's, mainly) either don't know her kit, or just simply not trust the Yuumi, in general. I think it's hard to argue that a 30~% win-rate is 'weak'. The only other champs who have ever been in this state have been cripplingly bugged. However, I do feel like 30~% is probably lower than she really is. Based off of what I've read and seen, I expect she'll probably stabilize to the mid-40s once people get a bit more used to playing with her(and stop feeding when they see her on their team).
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JQsdM00R,comment-id=002c0000,timestamp=2019-05-16T16:58:46.401+0000) >...once people get a bit more used to playing with her_**(and stop feeding when they see her on their team).**_ THIS! SO! MUCH! THIS! I literally just got out of a game where a Jhin was flaming me for auto-attacking the enemy Caitlyn. (Despite me needing to to get my passive shield FOR HIM.) So I stopped and attached to him. He wound up dying and then continued flaming me saying "Yuumi you need to harass them." This went on for the rest of the game. On top of all of that, he rushed a Rapid Fire Cannon (and I mean literally rushed it). Meanwhile, the enemy Caitlyn is rushing Infinity Edge. Jhin dies to her, and then blames me. Like, I don't know what the Jhin expected was going to happen, going into a fight at an stat disadvantage. But hey, "Yuumi's on my team, so I can feed my ass off and then I can put all the blame on her because she's a 'weak' champion." I hate people. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
: I think Yuumi's win rate is heavily suffering from people genuinely not knowing how to use her.
The only issue I've been having with her is my ADC's not wanting to go in for easy kills that I've set up, and have my Exhaust/Heal up. I can't even count how many games I've been in where I've gotten the enemy ADC to below 50%, while my Exhaust/Ignite was up, and my ADC would just mindlessly farm away, and/or just 'love-tap' the enemy ADC (no pun intended towards any Miss Fortune's I've had). No matter how many times I ping for them to go in, they just continue farming and/or playing too damn safe. This isn't just one or two games, either. I've noticed this pattern, ever since Yuumi's release. With this being said, I personally feel that it's not that Yuumi is weak, it's that players (ADC's, mainly) either don't know her kit, or just simply not trust the Yuumi, in general.
: Is kindred fair?
> Just asking. I have never seen **THEM** not fuck my team with **THEIR** ult or fuck the other team with **THEIR** ult. Like 100 percent of games in the last 12 months. ftfy
: Why Nexus Blitz was killed unfairly by Riot (And why it should be brought back for another test)
What's funny about this (and I don't mean in a "I'm glad they deleted" sort of way) is that this was almost the EXACT same reason Riot gave when they deleted The Crystal Scar "Dominion" map. Riot basically said the same thing, back then. "Playerbase was too low, so we decided to delete Dominion." And, surely enough, they received the same backlash as they are receiving now. You can't (and SHOULDN'T) remove a non-serious gamemode, simply because "not enough people are playing it". That's almost them saying that they wanted Nexus Blitz to be a competitive gamemode that was to be taken seriously, which as we all know, wasn't meant to be the case, upon creation. "Fun" gamemodes are meant to be for the people who don't want to play the more serious "Ranked" version of the game, and would rather play a more lax version. Hence why there are so many ARAM-only players. They don't care to play Ranked, and they shouldn't be forced into doing so. Riot needs to understand that not everyone is just some 24/7 competitive person who only cares about some "trophy status".
: The Same Face is real
The only issue I see with this, when considering the same-face thing, is that anyone who hasn't played League or anyone with little-to-no knowledge of any of the champions' default appearances, would have absolutely no way of realizing that these are all separate characters. Fiora and Camille literally look like the same person, if you don't pay attention to Camille's "dagger legs". Rakan is the only one that "stands out", because he's the only Male in the group, but even then, I initially thought he was Talon. The ONLY reason I realized it was Rakan was his (no pun intended) talons.
: Patch 9.7 notes
I honestly wish Mid Lane Morgana would stop being hit so much. I'm not saying she shouldn't be able to be a support champion (because her kit wholeheartedly supports it), but the fact that she started as a Mid Laner and got forcefully shoved into the Support role bothers me so much. And it only feels like Riot doesn't WANT her to be a Mid Laner at all, seeing as everytime her Mid Lane seems to pick back up to any reasonable level, they nerf her again. I just genuinely want to know why that is.
Rioter Comments
: 【Handcraft】 NAMI
As a huge Nami fan, this brought a smile to my face! Excellent work! {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
Dr Dog (NA)
: but i know we can come back! it doesnt matter that they have a better comp better scaling and not a single lane is winning
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Dog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pEvFLA17,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-14T18:02:32.525+0000) > > but i know we can come back! it doesnt matter that they have a better comp better scaling and not a single lane is winning This is my favorite thing to hear during games, such as the one described by OP. And, yes, I mean this with the utmost sarcasm.
Sykhotic (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tentacle Advisor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xs7e0sjA,comment-id=00360000,timestamp=2018-10-25T16:57:00.977+0000) > > Except, it doesn't? I mean you no disrespect, but YOU are the one missing the text. > > It says "**whenever you gain a shield, while still shielded...**" > > It means if, at any point, you end up being shielded (either by a self shield, Barrier, Janna E, etc), this rune will trigger. "While still shielded..." is the key phrase
> [{quoted}](name=Sykhotic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xs7e0sjA,comment-id=003600000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T22:59:48.258+0000) > > "While still shielded..." is the key phrase I rest my case, then. "...while _**STILL**_ shielded..." As in, while the shield that you gained persists, the rune will trigger. What part of this are you not comprehending? At no point, does the rune state you have to "get another shield after the first". To make this easier for you to understand: "Whenever you gain a shield, **_as long as the shield remains active_**, your next basic attack against a champion deals 5 - 39 (+1.5% Bonus Health)(+8.5% Shield Amount) bonus adaptive damage (minimum 4s proc window).
Sykhotic (NA)
: Are people missing the text that says you have to have a shield on you first then get resheilded to trigger it? It's not going to trigger off a single sheild like riven e.
> [{quoted}](name=Sykhotic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xs7e0sjA,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2018-10-25T11:46:33.223+0000) > > Are people missing the text that says you have to have a shield on you first then get resheilded to trigger it? It's not going to trigger off a single sheild like riven e. Except, it doesn't? I mean you no disrespect, but YOU are the one missing the text. It says "**whenever you gain a shield, while still shielded...**" It means if, at any point, you end up being shielded (either by a self shield, Barrier, Janna E, etc), this rune will trigger.
: Repeat after me...
Riot be like: "Hey, Summoners! We know the Resolve Tree is the go-to tree if you want tanky stats. But, despite the tree doing its job, (and rather well, we might add), we've decided to add a little bit of umpff for players looking to build tanky but still feel like they're contributing reliable damage to teamfights." Leave it to Riot to add damage to a tree that is advertised as the "Tanky Options" Tree. We do not NEED DAMAGE in a tree designed to make you tankier. We do not NEED something that, indirectly, buffs shields. They're already a pain to deal with, as is. I truly do not understand how, but more importantly, WHY, Riot could even consider doing this, after consistent messages to the community that they believe "damage is too high". They're literally contradicting themselves everytime they do something like this. Riot, say it with me: YOU CANNOT ANSWER THE PROBLEM OF DAMAGE BEING TOO HIGH BY ADDING MORE DAMAGE TO THE GAME That's not how it works.
Rakvir (NA)
: My only problem with people across the whole spectrum, smurf or not, is when they INSIST on not waiting a few measly seconds for teammates to get into position as they return from base or setting up a flank or roaming to assist. Wasting your team’s time by engaging ASAP just because YOU are ready when no one else is and losing on kills or objectives as a result of knee-jerk actions tilts the ever-loving shit out of me.
> [{quoted}](name=Rakvir,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=maQYe6IF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-10T17:50:59.283+0000) > > My only problem with people across the whole spectrum, smurf or not, is when they INSIST on not waiting a few measly seconds for teammates to get into position as they return from base or setting up a flank or roaming to assist. > > Wasting your team’s time by engaging ASAP just because YOU are ready when no one else is and losing on kills or objectives as a result of knee-jerk actions tilts the ever-loving shit out of me. I can't agree with this more.
: I feel like I can't even pick a champ in One For All...
I feel this way. Every. Single. Game. I play the game mode to relax, and just goof off with some champion, I wouldn't normally play, otherwise. But, for some reason, everyone only wants to play {{champion:122}} , {{champion:11}} (if I slip up and don't ban him), {{champion:1}} , {{champion:63}} , and {{champion:157}} , to name a couple. Like, I can't stand playing AS Darius in this game mode. I have yet to see why people pick him in here. Every time I've gotten him, we've gone up against the most obnoxious opponents.
: if that happens, I try and start the ff at 20 because you only need 75% Yes votes. If you start it at 15mins and you have a troll who votes No then it pushes to 18mins. If that same troll votes no again you've just added another minute to play cause the next ff has to be at 21mins. I always ask if everyone agrees to ff in chat before i initiate.
> [{quoted}](name=Jupiternexus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nPp2Llns,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-12T02:53:12.184+0000) > > if that happens, I try and start the ff at 20 because you only need 75% Yes votes. If you start it at 15mins and you have a troll who votes No then it pushes to 18mins. If that same troll votes no again you've just added another minute to play cause the next ff has to be at 21mins. I always ask if everyone agrees to ff in chat before i initiate. I had a game where we had a dc, and three of us verbally spoke in chat about not wanting to be in the game anymore. We weren't a trio queue, either (before anyone tries to use that as a point of argument). We voiced in chat, multiple times that we were ready for the 15 minute mark to come up so we can get out of the horrible game we were in. 15 minutes came up, we voted yes, the 4th voted no. Had to suffer til the 20 minute mark just to get the 75% yes vote to end the game.
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: You wanna know what I hate about low elo?
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=c2AQlG79,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-28T03:07:29.898+0000) > > I always buy a control ward at game start or first back. > > It's literally an obsession at this point. I understand this feeling, 100%. everytime I leave base without one, I feel naked. When this happens, it's like something goes off in my head saying, "No!. Turn back around and buy a control ward, you imbecile."
: > [{quoted}](name=Tentacle Advisor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FJM77uyk,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-02T21:16:38.120+0000) > > TL;DR: ADC mains aren't "bitching" due to their champions NOT doing damage, because Crit ADC's ARE doing damage. ADC mains are complaining that they have to suffer through 20-25 minutes worth of hell to get there (assuming the game goes on long enough FOR THEM TO GET THERE). Okay, but the crit marksman fantasy as has been defined so far is that said champions are late game-oriented, so weak early and stronger late. As it stands, crit marksmen are still the strongest thing in the game once they hit that 20-25 minute mark. The fact that many of these champions still have 50+ win rates in a metagame heavily dependent on early snowballing is an undeniable indicator that they're not nearly as bad as has been claimed, and the issue only lies with a select few cases. Champions like Karthus and Veigar have been in very much the same state for years, yet we don't see continued outrage from their players, because they've generally accepted the fact that late-scaling champions are going to have a tough time before their scaling hits. Moreover, the issue players have taken with the complaints is that the requests frequently just boil down to purely reverting the item cost nerfs, and getting marksmen to scale quicker once more. Because of this, it very much feels like many of the marksman mains who have come here mostly just want to deal more damage earlier in the game, and regain their dominance of bot lane. Many of the complaints cite the presence of non-marksmen in bot lane as a bad thing, and completely ignore the fact that marksmen, including many crit-based marksmen, are still the most popular class there. One would think that more players would request marksmen being made viable in other lanes, but so far most of the requests I've seen revolve exclusively around bot lane, and wanting to keep it marksman-centric. Personally, I think the issue here is simply that crit marksmen as a group are forced to scale late. Because everyone in the group is balanced in the same manner, they're going to swing really hard one way or the other depending on the meta. In a late-oriented meta, they'd absolutely crush, as they have in the past, but in early-oriented metas they just won't do well, as is happening right now. Retuning certain crit marksmen to peak at different points in the game, with appropriate tradeoffs to their late game, would allow crit marksman players to have a variety of viable options no matter which meta they're in. Additionally, having more pronounced early- or mid-game marksmen would give them a better chance at entering solo positions, which would allow marksman players to no longer be confined to bot lane. _This_ is what I feel marksman mains should be requesting, which is why it irritates me to see so many knee-jerk threads complaining about how things weren't as good as they were before.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FJM77uyk,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-07-02T23:37:27.038+0000) Moreover, the issue players have taken with the complaints is that the requests frequently just boil down to purely reverting the item cost nerfs, and getting marksmen to scale quicker once more. Because of this, it very much feels like many of the marksman mains who have come here mostly just want to deal more damage earlier in the game, and regain their dominance of bot lane. Honestly, I just wish Ashe could get a change/slight modification to how her passive works, now that Crit was changed, in functionality. Her passive no longer gains any benefit from rushing Infinity Edge, due to IE no longer granting Crit Chance. Runaan's is still really good on her, but with the price of the new Infinity Edge is too high for her to reliably buy it, to go with the Runaan's. This is not me asking for ANY of the crit items' prices to be reduced. This is not me asking for Ashe to get some godly buffs that send her skyrocketing into top-tier status (if this is even possible with Ashe, in the first place). This is me asking for Ashe to get a modification to how her passive responds to her crit chance, given how long it takes for her to even get any, in the game's current state of snowball. Personally, I like that ADC's have been toned down. But, I do still feel like they were cut down way more than what myself and others were hoping for/expecting. As a Side Note: Just in case it may come up, I have been building Ashe differently than I used to with varying results. {{item:3153}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3026}} (as core) With {{item:3031}} being bought, if by some miracle I find time to build it {{item:3071}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3065}} (based on what's going on in game)
Rioter Comments
: The meta is good* and can finally improve
"Diversity", as you put it, should not be at the expense of completely neutering a class. That being said, as a marksman main, myself (Ashe, specifically), the current bot lane "Diversity" is NOT (let me repeat, **NOT**) what Marksmen mains are complaining about. We aren't concerned with the current "diversity" of the lane, but rather the fact that practically our entire roster of champions (Crit ADC's) have been "gutted". And, no, I don't mean "gutted" as in (they don't do damage anymore). I mean "gutted" as in "it takes too long for them to get to the items they need to do damage, all-the-while being murdered by anyone they so much as breathe on". As a Crit ADC main, I am content with having to scale with game time, only becoming a powerhouse during a 'late-point' in the game. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I'm fine with being completely annihilated early on in the game, to a point where that 'late-point' never happens. I'm fine with the idea that you can hold a Crit ADC back from their late-game fantasy by beating them early on, since before, you could come back by catching up in farm whenever possible and carefully planning any fights you make yourself a part of (assuming you ever did). Now, if you even attempt to go into lane against the current bot lane of Irelia/Vlad/Swain/Fiddlesticks [or any of the 4 non-crit ADC's being played] , you're just asking to be fed on. Ashe cant farm against them. Twitch cant farm against them. Tristana cant farm against them. And Caitlyn DEFINITELY can't farm against them, in her current state. They just get bullied and/or blown up for being in the only lane they can be played in. On top of that, even Supports are feeling the sting of the lane, as half (if not more) of the Support champion roster is currently unplayable, due to the likes of Pyke, Fiddles and Brand. I mean, when's the last time you've seen a Leona, a Braum, a Lulu (not counting the stupid funnel strat) or any passive shield/heal support? Hell, Tahm isn't even played in the support role anymore, despite his kit screaming "Look at all this peel!". TL;DR: ADC mains aren't "bitching" due to their champions NOT doing damage, because Crit ADC's ARE doing damage. ADC mains are complaining that they have to suffer through 20-25 minutes worth of hell to get there (assuming the game goes on long enough FOR THEM TO GET THERE).
: So Players Like Me Dont Get Scared
Though I've never seen anyone comment about this, and have never really put thought into it, myself, I can agree that it is pretty unnecessary for that prompt to appear in practice tool/custom games. Especially since those modes aren't used for anything but either studying a champion or goofing off with friends in self-made games. For real, though, now that I'm fully aware of the prompt, I do agree that Riot should remove it. It's not a major problem, but it is a rather annoying one.
: For the same reason we can’t change our ward skins before everyone locked in of course! Which is no reason at all. Either spaghetti or Riot being lazy, as usual with those small things/QoL changes.
GigglesO (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9EUjlqEz,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-22T03:43:25.043+0000) > > There needs to be more of an emphasis on outplaying opponents, rather than simply outdamaging them, if solo carrying is to be made both possible and healthy in League. You would have loved S2 when noone died quickly and there was a nice skill rotation between roles.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9EUjlqEz,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-22T06:14:39.415+0000) > > You would have loved S2 when noone died quickly and there was a nice skill rotation between roles. I missed out on Season 2 and most of Season 3, only starting right around when Season 3 was about to end and Season 4's Preseason was starting. I loved that playing back then. I enjoyed being able to play a tank and suffering through a weak af laning phase, only to come out as the team's nigh-impenetrable wall, if I managed to not feed too much in lane. (Talking about top lane, of course.) I enjoyed when playing a Mid Lane mage meant something to the team, other than just more raw damage for teamfights, since utility in mid lane was much more appreciated back then. [Orianna, Morgana, Zyra. Lulu if you could pull it off well] I enjoyed having to choose between using mana for poke or saving it for fights and skirmishes with my team(s). I enjoyed the feeling I got when playing adc while the enemy had an assassin on their team. That feeling of, 'I need to play as aggressive as possible to get ahead, but I also need to look out for that assassin on their team, too'. Back when Supports' kits were an assassin's worst nightmare, if used/timed correctly, but worthless if it wasn't. I miss when wards ACTUALLY meant something, in terms of keeping the team safe from ganks, invades, etc. TL;DR - I miss the days when League wasn't so damage-focused and actual teamwork meant something.
Rioter Comments
: Why would luc need a nerf all of a sudden when nothing changed on it
> [{quoted}](name=KlydeFrog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2VEtl2go,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-15T23:45:24.321+0000) > > Why would luc need a nerf all of a sudden when nothing changed on it It's not that Lucian needs a nerf, or anything. It's just that, with the new Essence Reaver passive (the 'AA translates to ability CD' one), Lucian is practically playing URF mode since it synergizes too well with his 'Double Shot reduces Relentless Pursuit CD' passive, and makes his E practically have no Cooldown during the Essence Reaver timeframe.
Onotori (NA)
: Wearing a bikini that rides up your ass that much is kind of slutty, yeah. And I'm the farthest thing from an SJW, trust me.
> [{quoted}](name=Onotori,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=gEujtqcr,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-06-17T06:58:22.466+0000) > > Wearing a bikini that rides up your ass that much is kind of slutty, yeah. > > And I'm the farthest thing from an SJW, trust me. I'm going to need you to look up the word "slut", carefully read its definition, and then realize that one's style of clothing has nothing do with one's sexual history. Past, present, or future.
: @Riot Please don't gut Irelia
> [{quoted}](name=FutanariJanna,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Y2B3zvFs,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-12T17:27:34.155+0000) >...she can't 1v5 so if her team is getting destroyed she can't hard carry. Literally lost all credibility with this sentence. >Why can Yi pop off with Reaver + Rage blade and Alpha every 2 seconds and everyone is fine with it Except, no one is fine with this. There are plenty of people who have voiced how busted that is on Yi. However, Yi isn't played as often as Irelia, nor is he played in practically every lane like Irelia currently is, due to her overloaded kit. > CC shuts Irelia down just everyone else CC does not _shut_ her down. It _slows_ her down. Irelia is currently so strong that no matter how much you keep her down early on in a game, the moment she gets TriForce+Sterak or TriForce+Titanic, she _will_ come back into the game. >Singed is running around being the best toplaner in the game no one cares... Much like my aforementioned comment on Yi, Singed isn't played as often as Irelia. That's why no one _seems_ to care. However, much like Yi, there have been plenty of players voicing their opinions on Singed outperforming other top laners. >...but Irelia who is good for the first time in like 4 seasons? "TOO MUCH, BROKEN" Irelia was never bad. She just wasn't as busted as she is currently, given her previous kit wasn't as overloaded and the Conqueror Rune didn't exist back then. > Now Riot is "looking at her marking mechanic"... Which they should be and should have a long time ago. >...you're gonna fucking gut her and she's gonna go back to being shit and forgotten about... Subjective.
x HIGH x (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=koreagonorrhea,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYxt5PP9,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-06-14T10:57:33.997+0000) > > There is no late game then ask Riot to adjust it, and not to be over powered early game. we have enough dmg already (assassins, fighter assassins, tank mages assassins, and scaling mages assassins) almost everyone is assassin already.
> [{quoted}](name=x HIGH x,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYxt5PP9,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T12:54:27.148+0000) > > then ask Riot to adjust it, and not to be over powered early game. we have enough dmg already (assassins, fighter assassins, tank mages assassins, and scaling mages assassins) almost everyone is assassin already. Literally NO ONE is asking for ADC's to be overpowered. They're asking for increased Game Length, so that ADC's (more specifically Crit ADC's) can ACTUALLY HAVE A LATE GAME TO EXCEL IN.
: well, at least ashe is one of the simpler cases. Ezreal and others will require item tuning. If I remember right, a bit of AD growth and attack speed can help ashe be right as rain, ironically because her kit is so simple compared to other marksmen
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zvu1Bl0K,comment-id=000200010000000000010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T14:08:51.104+0000) > > well, at least ashe is one of the simpler cases. Ezreal and others will require item tuning. If I remember right, a bit of AD growth and attack speed can help ashe be right as rain, ironically because her kit is so simple compared to other marksmen That's all I'm asking for, to be honest. Not being able to build crit, as efficiently as before, has made it even harder to survive the already painful laning phase, since I now have to opt into rushing BotRK on her. (I don't like new Essence Reaver on her; Barely liked the old one) Anyway, rushing BotRK leaves her vulnerable (at least, in my opinion) to any other marksman who opts into {{item:3095}}, since they'll have more upfront damage than me (ignoring the fact that they already did, pre-crit nerf), whenever they decide to engage and/or all-in me. The Essence Reaver isn't bad on her, but the lack of crit turned me away from the item. All the new Essence Reaver really did for me was change my bans from the pool of champs I was banning before to permanently banning Lucian.
: Now imagine playing in lower elo where weird shit is easier to make work and you might find yourself in the pit of absolute chaos.
> [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G2ZTq6vo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-14T13:25:52.841+0000) > > Now imagine playing in lower elo where weird shit is easier to make work and you might find yourself in the pit of absolute chaos. I feel this, on a spiritual level.
: > [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Esv0h81A,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-06-13T17:44:21.486+0000) > > If i am not mistaken(and phreak has even said this on a number of patch rundowns), i believe the desirable game time for Summoner's Rift is 30m. Do not think they want late game to be over 30m but around that time. So around 27m is probably their target range while 23m is a bit short of that. if theyre aiming for 25 to 30 minutes on average, then thats fucking retarded and dellusional by riot. the game isnt made for that. theyd have to rebuild it from the ground up. you can already see the negative impact a gradual cut of gametime had on gameplay. cutting game times has robbed individual champions of their power curves, and unique phases of the game where they can shine. early, mid and lategame started to overlap into an indistinguishable mess. when adc are buffed early, they outscale bruisers and mages before they can have an impact. when they increase the snowball (which is the only way to decrease game times), they make lategame champs fucking worthless. they need to stop trying to turn this into 10 to 20 minute battle royale games and get realistic. the game time that worked best for league so far was 35 minutes on average. infact the times when this game had its largest growth in popularity and player population was still when matches lasted 35 to 40 minutes per usual. they might be trying to cut game times to make them easier to watch on the esports crowd (though those a snore fest anyway and probably allways will be), and to accomodate the asian player base whos mostly playing from internet cafes and wants to cram as many matches into an hour as possible. but trying to shorten matches too much simply has proven to affect the game way too negatively.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Esv0h81A,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-06-13T18:31:14.166+0000) > they need to stop trying to turn this into...battle royale game... It's sad that this is exactly what I feel Riot is trying to do with the game. It truly feels like Riot is trying to slowly change League of Legends from a MOBA to a Battle Royale kill fest.
: caitlynn also has one of the most annoying kits to lane against in the game with long range poke and area denial combined, not to mention that passive that you mention is also passive damage, the most unhealthy part of the game because it lets a champion do something for nothing if you want a marksman that SHOULD be complaining about critical changes, it's ASHE. Her entire balance revolves around how much critical % and critical damage she has with 2 of her abilities being mostly for utility and the other lacking in power for an almost assured hit with her Q just being a stat augmentation active you also neglect to mention that magic resist is one of the most common and easy to build stats in the game. You can even get it on boots...
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zvu1Bl0K,comment-id=0002000100000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-06-14T06:10:06.518+0000) > if you want a marksman that SHOULD be complaining about critical changes, it's ASHE. Her entire balance revolves around how much critical % and critical damage she has with 2 of her abilities being mostly for utility and the other lacking in power for an almost assured hit with her Q just being a stat augmentation active I literally cried when I saw the crit nerfs/changes, simply because my main adc (and favorite champion in the game) {{champion:22}} just feels so bad to play right now. :(
: I like diversity, however I don't diversity at the cost of an already established diverse botlane with over 20+ different adcs and 20+ different supports both of them have their own unique play styles. As anyone who played in season 5 can tell you, diversity at the cost of a already established game environment leads to unfun chaos where you lose game in champion select because one of your teammates failed to ban X champion and you lose, not because of skill but because the champion you played was so severely underpowered that the enemies champions roll on you. The only people who enjoy this meta are those who skills are so inferior that they need some unfair edge to beat their opponent. (top/mid mains losing games in there lane so they play their champions in botlane and stomp on the laughably weak adcs) Support's don't have fun, Adc mains don't have fun, these player who honed their skills for their roles get stomped without a fighting chance unless they also go toplane/midlane champions who they have little if any experience playing.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellmaximus1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zvu1Bl0K,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-06-14T04:33:02.155+0000) > Support's don't have fun, Adc mains don't have fun, these player who honed their skills for their roles get stomped without a fighting chance unless they also go toplane/midlane champions who they have little if any experience playing. This is basically what happened to my brother and me, the other day. We drafted as {{champion:21}} (myself) and {{champion:53}} (my brother) bot lane, and wound up getting drafted against an {{champion:39}} carry and {{champion:43}} support. It was the most irritating and frustrating thing to go up against. Irelia was too mobile for us to poke/fight her, while still dealing a bunch of damage, even at early levels of the game. And Karma was just oppressive with her constant Q or R+Q poke, while being safe enough to avoid being anywhere near us, having her shield that also gives her movespeed [or giving Irelia the same shield/movespeed buff if she used her Mantra version]. If we ever DID manage to find an opportunity to fight them [which was only twice, throughout the whole game], they would simply all-in us since Irelia had Ult + {{summoner:3}} and Karma had already wittled us down with her aforementioned Q poke. I'm not asking for adc/marksmen to be gods. But, as it stands right now, it doesn't even feel like they are worth playing at all. And that's not even considering how heavily adc's are targeted throughout the course of the game. They're already weak, as is, but they are **still** the primary "camp the hell out of them" targets. I won't even start on my opinion of the Enchanter nerfs, being a Support main who enjoys Champions like Soraka, Lulu and Nami.
: Say what you want, but Pyke is actually weak AF and his win ratio will never get any better.
I actively duo with a buddy of mine who's literally been maining Pyke since release. He has close to 40+ games with him, while sitting at a good 70% win rate. Pyke is not "bad" at all, and I don't understand where players like OP are getting this idea from. If you're bad with him, then say that. Don't try and pretend like just because YOU can't play him, that the champ is automatically broken. This game does not revolve around your ability to play/comprehend it or its assets. Your ignorance is showing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Midlane Kayra,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EQAIwPlE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-04T18:13:49.456+0000) > > Yeah like ADC are not the only class that played in any lane with any role. > > Lucian-> Played as top and mid for too long. > Varus-> Played as mid for like a season. > Ezreal-> Played as mid and Jungle. > MF-> Played as support. > Twitch->Played as jungle. > > > Meanwhile AD assassins; > > "You're specialized against single-targets, so you have to be alone with your enemy to even gain strenght" > > > Dont tell me ADCs were OK and AD assassins are the real problem for gods sake lol Once again you are pure biased from your main. You don't have the right to talk. And once again you stated the exact goal of the assassin. Kill the carry in a 1v1-1v2 similar to a duelist, but you are complaining that is their only strength. OFC it is. They would be broken otherwise. See Season 5 {{champion:238}} for the reason why. And I can contradict your statement. Assassin can for the most part go anywhere they want. {{champion:121}} and {{champion:107}} saw play in top lane. {{champion:91}} can jungle as well as mid. {{champion:238}} was seen top lane for awhile too and with the right play style can play kill lane in bot. Ezreal has been nerfed repeatedly for jungling and has only ever gone mid when broken but can still go it and do average. Lucian has almost never gone top, {{champion:67}} has, but she's been a problem child since release and honestly the healthiest she's been while broken is when the lifesteal meta was strong. Twitch can jungle but falls apart if he doesn't do well early. MF can't be played as support, she is played as a caster in a kill lane and if you call that "supporting" you have some messed up knowledge on this game. You are pulling things out saying oh adcs can do this and that well guess what. The C stands for carry. The carry is generally going to be the strongest and most important target. Assassins traditionally have been cancer whenever they are in a bad spot. That's why there is a term called APC because there have been points where mages have been the most important target. For a {{champion:91}} diamond 1 trick your bronze is really showing.
> [{quoted}](name=Jefftiffy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EQAIwPlE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-04T18:19:29.368+0000) > MF can't be played as support, she is played as a caster in a kill lane and if you call that "supporting" you have some messed up knowledge on this game. I bet you're also one of those players who says {{champion:63}} ISN'T supporting when he gets played bot lane. You know, considering the fact that not only is he being exclusively played in bot lane, as of current, he is also doing what you say Support {{champion:21}} is doing. I'm not sure if you know this, but Brand is now LISTED under "Support" in Champ Select. Just because it's a kill lane, doesn't automatically make the Support "not a Support". I bet you even think {{champion:89}} isn't "supporting", if we're going off your logic. Her play style is basically that of a kill lane, given her entire kit basically says, "We're fighting them, now. Follow my lead." I don't see anyone saying she "isn't really supporting." {{champion:25}} is basically the same as {{champion:63}} (in terms of kill threat), albeit with less upfront power and more "over time" kill potential. I don't see anyone saying she "isn't really supporting." Just because they aren't actively "healing" and/or "shielding" the ADC, doesn't automatically mean they aren't a support. And, if you really want me to prove your point on this is asinine, I'll point you in the direction of {{champion:555}} , the ASSASSIN support who's job is literally to kill the enemy bot laners. No shields in his kit. No healing in his kit. But, oh! I'm sorry, he must not be "supporting" either, right?
Fluffeh (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tentacle Advisor,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U6pOdHfn,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-06-08T00:42:02.907+0000) > > First off, I will like to point out that I do not believe Brand is overpowered. Sounds like you shouldnt have made the thread then
> [{quoted}](name=Fluffeh,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U6pOdHfn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-08T07:20:07.635+0000) > > Sounds like you shouldnt have made the thread then I pointed this out, because from my experiences with the Boards, the moment you make a comment/thread about any champion, you get people commenting stuff like "The Champion isn't even overpowered. You're just overreacting because you don't know how to deal with them." or "[Insert Champ Name Here] is only strong because of this-and-that. That doesn't make them overpowered."
: Predator is a jungle keystone. It is unviable in lane.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e9zZ4Azs,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-06-08T11:06:39.911+0000) > > Predator is a jungle keystone. It is unviable in lane. Tell that to Predator {{champion:1}} .
Pika Fox (NA)
: Or you could not group up? Hes supposed to be an AoE powerhouse. Hell, yasuo/braum will just eat the ult.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U6pOdHfn,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-06-08T04:29:26.035+0000) > > Or you could not group up? Hes supposed to be an AoE powerhouse. Hell, yasuo/braum will just eat the ult. Does your remark factor in the possible minion(s) that may be caught in the ult? Because your team could be split up, yes, but the minions will still trigger the bounce. With this being a case of Brand Support (i.e. in the Bot Lane), there WILL be minions around. And with Brand being as oppressive as he is, walking anywhere near the front of your minion wave (yes, this includes standing beside it), is basically asking for Brand to chunk your Health Bar (especially if you're playing a squishy support, due to picking first). And before we use the argument of 'just ban him, then', let's just realize that there are many other champions who are way more ban worthy right now, than Brand is. But Brand being bannable or not isn't the focus point of this discussion.
: I'm sad because my (recently) favorite champ {{champion:115}} can't carry games. No matter how well I do with him, Zed will always run up to me with youmuu's, one shot me with half his combo and leaves untouched.
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning I,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e9zZ4Azs,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-03T12:01:12.073+0000) > > I'm sad because my (recently) favorite champ {{champion:115}} can't carry games. No matter how well I do with him, Zed will always run up to me with youmuu's, one shot me with half his combo and leaves untouched. Rush {{item:3060}}, win lane.
: > I honestly hate the keystones, half of them favor Assassins even in paths that arent ment for assassins. literally have 2 keystones but somehow a lot favor them?
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=e9zZ4Azs,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-02T16:30:54.173+0000) > > literally have 2 keystones but somehow a lot favor them? "Predator" "Electrocute" "Dark Harvest" Hell, Glacial Augment has been the rune I've seen taken on Pyke. (An _**Assassin**_ support) And let's not pretend like "Phase Rush" isn't viable on Assassins, given how quick they are anyway, and how fast they use their spell rotations.
Show more

Tentacle Advisor

Level 189 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion