: > Do you expect riot to balance them based on hyperbole? Says the guy who just asked why they don't have 100% win rates.
Well, OP said: > If you pick Wukong and your W button doesn't break or you play Nocturne and your R button doesn't break you win the game. Assuming a 55%-ish win rate for those champions, we either have to assume that 45% of the players playing them break their W/R with frequency or that OP was exaggerating and GladiatorOrphan's comment was not an hyperbole in itself, but rather a reflection of the initial one. Seriously, tho OP's post is really shitty in the way of bringing up discussion aside from "TOO STRONK NURF NOW!!11"
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: You don't see anything wrong with basically locking down your own support's experience to level one, making them completely useless and frustrated as hell? Keyword *frustrated*? Maybe even tilted? Starving a member of your own team from any and all experience is *Intentional Feeding*, *Assisting the enemy team* to be more specific. Continuing an unsuccessful strategy after it fails to work is the same.
If there is literally no enemy minion wave in the lane, they have zero reason to be there. They could roam and get exp through kills/assists and leeching it from other lanes. Whenever Singed happens to leave a wave go by, head bot and collect full xp and gold.
: Cait is neglected because she gets cried about SO HARD when she's meta it's ridiculous lmfao
Lets be honest, tho. Getting traps placed directly under your turret so they are impossible to see is bullshit, and lane wide trap closing is annoying as hell. I enjoy playing Cait, but she can become pretty fucking abusive when she's strong.
Bârd (NA)
: {{champion:7}} is just the chain. Q is targeted. W is AOE. {{champion:142}} is just the bubble. Q is AOE (a small AOE, but an AOE nonetheless), W is autotarget, passive is targeted. Otherwise you're good.
Thanks! Edited it out! I don't play two thirds of those champions and haven't played much League lately, it was pretty hard to remember it all!
: You mean there would finally be a meta where Ezreal is unviable? The horror.
{{champion:103}} Charm {{champion:22}} Voley {{champion:53}} Hook {{champion:63}} Stun {{champion:201}} Shield-Throw {{champion:36}} Cleaver {{champion:81}} Q {{champion:104}} Autos {{champion:74}} Rockets {{champion:420}} Soul-Grab {{champion:427}} Root {{champion:222}} Laser {{champion:145}} W {{champion:85}} Q {{champion:96}} Q {{champion:7}} Chain {{champion:236}} W {{champion:99}} Bind {{champion:25}} Bind {{champion:111}} Hook {{champion:76}} Spear {{champion:555}} Hook {{champion:133}} Blind {{champion:497}} Q {{champion:68}} Harpoons {{champion:13}} Q {{champion:50}} Q and Root {{champion:223}} Tongue {{champion:163}} Q {{champion:412}} Hook {{champion:6}} W {{champion:45}} Q {{champion:161}} Q {{champion:8}} W {{champion:101}} Stun {{champion:238}} 40% of it's Q dmg {{champion:142}} Sleepy-time Bubble And this is only for laners or champions that Riot wants to be laners. It would be a meta where those champions either receive some big compensation buffs or become really really bad.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Its mostly because a subsection of champs would just be able to stand inside minions all day and freely zone the enemy forever. Minion block makes that too risky, so you end up staying to one of the sides of the minion wave leaving room to either CS or them being too far forward and gankable.
It is also to avoid making single target skill shots that stop on minions useable. If champions were able to freely sit in the middle of a minion wave, skills like {{champion:81}} Q would be almost useless in the laning phase.
: Most Overloaded: {{champion:105}} E AoE damage Mobility Untargetability Slow Wave clear Most Underloaded: {{champion:103}} W Just crappy damage
> [{quoted}](name=HP Crookshanks,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AV07Y0co,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-19T22:39:23.608+0000) > > Most Overloaded: > {{champion:105}} E > **AoE damage** > Mobility > Untargetability > Slow > **Wave clear** You know that Wave Clear is just AoE Damage, right?
: > [{quoted}](name=TequilaZombie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zvu1Bl0K,comment-id=0017000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-14T16:25:50.590+0000) > > Lets be fair here, those are the classes that have seen at least some relevancy in the following lanes: > > Top lane has seen: > > 1- Mages: {{champion:30}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} > 2- Fighters: {{champion:92}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:240}} > 3- Juggernauts: {{champion:122}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:36}} > 4- Tanks: {{champion:57}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:111}} > 5- Hypercarries: {{champion:23}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:41}} > 6- An Odd ADC or two: {{champion:67}} {{champion:133}} > 7- Poking assholes: {{champion:150}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:17}} > 8- And this guy: {{champion:27}} > > Mid lane has seen: > > 1- Mages: {{champion:268}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:101}} > 2- Assassins: {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} > 3- Marksmen: {{champion:42}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:110}} > 4- Tanks: {{champion:79}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:3}} > 5- Hypercarries: {{champion:23}} {{champion:41}} > > Jungle has seen: > > 1- Tanks: {{champion:57}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:32}} > 2- Fighters: {{champion:5}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:102}} > 3- Juggernauts: {{champion:72}} {{champion:36}} > 4- Assassins: {{champion:141}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:107}} > 5- Marksmen: {{champion:104}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:203}} > > Bot lane has seen: > > 1- Marksmen: {{champion:51}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:236}} > 2- Supports: {{champion:412}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:201}} > 3- Mages (Acting like poke supports): {{champion:63}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:143}} > 4- Tanks (Acting like Engage/Peel supports): {{champion:98}} {{champion:223}} > > Bot lane has shown EXTREMELY low role diversity over the years. Bot lane has been ADC+Support for about 6 seasons in a row now. All the other roles always had at the very least 2 or 3 roles being equally viable with arguably a much bigger rooster of viable champions during the same patch. > > So saying that bot lane is not diverse because it's always ADC+Support is not the same as saying that Mid is not diverse because it's always Mages or Assassins, or that top is always Fighters or Tanks. Mostly because out of those 3 assumptions, only the first one is true. Except for the different combinations of champions bottom and their interactions have almost always been more unique than any other lane's meta. You're trying to tell me that taking GP mid makes that lane much more diverse than bot lane, where you interact with and against different champions pretty much every single game? (Your support and the enemy laners). You're trying to tell me that Vayne top was ever anything more than a high ELO pocket pick? Just, no. I started playing in season 4 back when Lucian was the newest champ available, and none of the lanes' metas have ever been anything special compared to bot. Top lane is the most diverse now that it has ever been, and mid's meta only changes when Riot leaves champions behind in the dust or when they buff another mid champ. Jungle is another slightly interesting role that changes according to what Riot throws at the wall and hope sticks in the jungle. They've never known what to do with the jungle, and I kinda doubt they ever will. I disagree that taking bruisers bottom lane is making it more diverse, it just makes the top lane meta less diverse, and will quickly make marksmen a 2nd rate role. Once marksmen fall out of favor in the bot lane, where do you think they'll go? We have Lucian and Quinn that can top, Kai'sa that can jungle (but they just decided to nerf her AGAIN so that prospect is looking less and less great), Corki (and I guess Lucian) that can mid, but really, where are the rest of these marksmen going to go? They get absolutely SLAUGHTERED in most solo matchups in any other lane. They can get bursted by most mages/assassins/ they can't really keep most bruisers/tanks off of them... They're in the bottom lane for a reason. Except for now that reason is gone.
Every role, every now and then, gets 2nd rated. Perhabs this is just a sign that having a class that's geared about "I do the most damage" and nothing else is not such a great idea. Now that everyone deals shitloads of damage, a class that has no other purpose other than dealing damage is bound to get a bit redundant. ADCs don't need to be "made viable" again through sheer buffs. They need to be the focus of a true class rework to rethink what they offer a team. Riot itself declared that balancing a champion that offers nothing but damage is close to impossible when they implemented the last iteration of Ryze's rework. I can only assume that balancing an entire class of champions that acts in a similar manner is a task as daunting as it gets.
: I like how you say that one lane is not diverse because it's always Adc (28 champs) and Support (35 champs). Its like saying mid is not diverse because it's always Mage (56 champs) or Assassin (35 champs). Or Top is not diverse because it's always Tank (42 champs) or Fighter (70 champs). The numbers are not 100% accurate but you can get the idea.
Lets be fair here, those are the classes that have seen at least some relevancy in the following lanes: Top lane has seen: 1- Mages: {{champion:30}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} 2- Fighters: {{champion:92}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:240}} 3- Juggernauts: {{champion:122}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:36}} 4- Tanks: {{champion:57}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:111}} 5- Hypercarries: {{champion:23}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:41}} 6- An Odd ADC or two: {{champion:67}} {{champion:133}} 7- Poking assholes: {{champion:150}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:17}} 8- And this guy: {{champion:27}} Mid lane has seen: 1- Mages: {{champion:268}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:101}} 2- Assassins: {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:55}} 3- Marksmen: {{champion:42}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:110}} 4- Tanks: {{champion:79}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:3}} 5- Hypercarries: {{champion:23}} {{champion:41}} Jungle has seen: 1- Tanks: {{champion:57}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:32}} 2- Fighters: {{champion:5}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:102}} 3- Juggernauts: {{champion:72}} {{champion:36}} 4- Assassins: {{champion:141}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:107}} 5- Marksmen: {{champion:104}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:203}} Bot lane has seen: 1- Marksmen: {{champion:51}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:236}} 2- Supports: {{champion:412}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:201}} 3- Mages (Acting like poke supports): {{champion:63}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:143}} 4- Tanks (Acting like Engage/Peel supports): {{champion:98}} {{champion:223}} Bot lane has shown EXTREMELY low role diversity over the years. Bot lane has been ADC+Support for about 6 seasons in a row now. All the other roles always had at the very least 2 or 3 roles being equally viable with arguably a much bigger rooster of viable champions during the same patch. So saying that bot lane is not diverse because it's always ADC+Support is not the same as saying that Mid is not diverse because it's always Mages or Assassins, or that top is always Fighters or Tanks. Mostly because out of those 3 assumptions, only the first one is true.
: Yeah, having 3 kills lanes to see who can snowball the fastest, or no mid laner with a hypercarry jungler that takes jg and mid lane farm to get ahead to snowball kills the strategy of the game. This games strategy is the reason why most players started playing and loved this game. However, Riot is now catering to the Call of Duty crowd that just wants to run around and kill people. That is why they made towers and baron paper thin, because these people don't even know what objectives are, I mean they don't go toward your KDA so who cares, right? If you want games like that go play fortnite or COD and leave League alone.
> Yeah, having 3 kills lanes to see who can snowball the fastest, or no mid laner with a hypercarry jungler that takes jg and mid lane farm to get ahead to snowball kills the strategy of the game. This games strategy is the reason why most players started playing and loved this game. Having a whole new level of strategies opening up is a great thing, specially since it didn't invalidated most of the meta picks, at least in my opinion. Using your example of having no mid laner and giving that CS to an hyper carry jungle: this doesn't kill the strategy of the game, it reinvents uppon it with a whole new set of drawbacks and advantages. For example, that team will probably have a duo top (which has not been seen since season 2), which means that the top laners will be lagging in levels. It also means that the enemy mid laner might either be free to farm opening up to an uncontestly good mid/late game or might just shove the wave ASAP to deny exp. Again, new opportunities being open to both teams. In the end, it won't kill the current strategy, but will absolutely shake the shit out of the current meta.
: > [{quoted}](name=TequilaZombie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1j6hb7qu,comment-id=000800000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-07T17:44:24.004+0000) > > I don't think this would be a wise idea. Melee Hyper Carries (the Melee AD champions supposed to build full AD/Crit/AS, like Yi and Trynd) relly on short spans of kit-based defensive steroids, such as Yi's Intargetability and Damage Reduction or Trynd's downright refusal to fucking die. > Having those for short windows gives them counterplay aspects (even if frustrating ones to deal with), rather than having them be balanced around being in a single constant state all the time. Yes. Yasuo already has Windwall. Dunno why he needs Flow. > If Yasuo was to suddenly lose his shield, he would end up in need of a defensive buff, like having an extra 30-300 health based on level with some better resistances or being given innate sustain or another equally or more frustrating mechanic, otherwise he'd be lacking one of the key aspects of a Melee Hyper Carry.\ I think you are exaggerating on the amount that he would need be compensated, but i honestly have no problem compensating him stat wise as a result of the change. Atleast without his flow, he would still be taking damage through those resistances or HP, and wouldnt effectively be giving himself more HP by clicking on the map a bunch and spamming E. > Quite honestly, as frustrating as the skill is, his windwall just doesn't cut it when it comes to defensive steroid in big team fights. I disagree. But even if you wanna say it doesn't, I don't mind buffing his Q damage or even Buffing his W to give him the flow SHield based on how much stuff it blocks instead or something. In its current state, Flow is a brain dead and cancerous mechanic with 0 skill expression on a champ who is supposed to be defined by skillful play. Its basically the incarnation of anime protagonist plot armor in gameplay mechanic form.
He needs flow because Windwall is nowhere as reliable for a Diving Melee Champion as Yi's Invulnerability while on Alpha, or Trynd's Undying Rage, or even Xin's Can't-Touch-Me-Zone. Simply due to it's static nature. If Windwall were to be on a ranged champion who could afford to sit behind it, it would be fine as it's main defensive tool, but Yasuo needs to go through it quite often. Windwall is a great ability, despite being really infuriating to deal with, but it's not enough for the squishiest (at least stat wise) melee champion. A melee hyper-carry needs a few things to be truly effective: - A Damage Steroid - Item-Kit Synergy that implies heavy Auto Attack reliance - A kit that affords them to build pure offensive items Windwall, strictly speaking, is not enough to afford Yas to build glass cannon, just like Meditation is not enough to allow Yi to ignore defensive items. Flow, if anything else, is an interactive way of giving Yasuo some tankiness. While it requires little skill by the Yasuo player, it still offer it's opponents a way to deal with it by poking him with an auto attack and waiting it out before engaging. It's a much more interactive option than sheer stats would ever be, or a binary option such as Nasus' Life Steal Passive, in which he either gets to AA freely and heal anything, or he's bullied and has effectively no passive at all. Personally, I dislike Yasuo as a character, and depending on the match-up he may get to be an extreme annoyance (specially in the late game). But from a design point of view, he's not that bad unless overtuned.
: > [{quoted}](name=Disulfiram,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1j6hb7qu,comment-id=0008000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-07T09:27:44.387+0000) > > Ok, here's one possible idea: > > Way of the Wanderer (passive): > Yasuo generates a Flow stack for every 59 / 52 / 46 units he travels by any means. At 100 stacks and upon taking champion or monster damage, Yasuo consumes all Flow to shield himself for 100 - 510 (based on level) for up to 1 second. > > Yasuo currently has 2 passives: him losing one is fine, and if his winrate drops he can just be buffed. > Imho there are things that need to be reworked more urgently than his second passive, like for example his windwall (being arguably the most hated skill in the game). Personally, id prefer he lost his Flow passive instead.
I don't think this would be a wise idea. Melee Hyper Carries (the Melee AD champions supposed to build full AD/Crit/AS, like Yi and Trynd) relly on short spans of kit-based defensive steroids, such as Yi's Intargetability and Damage Reduction or Trynd's downright refusal to fucking die. Having those for short windows gives them counterplay aspects (even if frustrating ones to deal with), rather than having them be balanced around being in a single constant state all the time. If Yasuo was to suddenly lose his shield, he would end up in need of a defensive buff, like having an extra 30-300 health based on level with some better resistances or being given innate sustain or another equally or more frustrating mechanic, otherwise he'd be lacking one of the key aspects of a Melee Hyper Carry. Quite honestly, as frustrating as the skill is, his windwall just doesn't cut it when it comes to defensive steroid in big team fights.
Terozu (NA)
: Hes stronger now then ever. Hes seen in proplay for once.
Strong in Pro doesn't really mean he's strong in solo-Q. Source: Support Miss Fortune Fiasco
XeroKimo (NA)
: Man, league's old preseason patch versions are so misleading, if anyone wants a bit more detail. That's preseason for going into season 3. Statik shiv replaced a similar item known as Ionic spark, so technically, the item has existed since League basically started
Ionic Spark was much different, tho. The only similarity between them is the Attack Speed and the Thunder effect. Ionic Spark would give HP, AS, and proc the Thunder every 4 Auto Attacks, making it an item for DPS oriented Bruisers, like Olaf and Voli. Statik Shiv gives AS, Crit Chance, and procs the Thunder only on the first hit or after several more, making it an item for Ranged DPS champions looking for more burst. Aside from taking the thematic of the item, Statik Shiv is very different in terms of mechanics and what it adds to the game.
: I know this is a meme, but I personally believe Yasuo and Zed mains are two entirely different things that cannot coexist. The risks and philosophies and playstyles both have are just way too different. I can see good Pyke mains coming from the Zed community, but I can hardly see Yasuo players going good with Pyke. ...They will just go Yasuo "support".
Same mindset of "I AM THE PURE SKILLZ CARRY! FEAR MUH MECHANIKS!", different preference for playstyles. That's why they are closely tied to Riven and Vayne mains as well
Awhegark (NA)
: But assassin mains dont like being the adc's bitch. They will just take Pyke to the midlane/junlge.top until Riot makes some change that forces him to go support only.
> [{quoted}](name=Awhegark,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VKlOAo2Y,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-15T01:34:30.227+0000) > > But assassin mains dont like being the adc's bitch. They will just take Pyke to the midlane/junlge.top until Riot makes some change that forces him to go support only. ... >the adc's bitch Have you ever seen {{champion:63}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:99}} going support? They are everything BUT the adc's bitch in lane and tend to dictate the outcome of the laning phase much harder than any ADC could.
: God forbid a mid mage go bot lane like {{champion:63}} or {{champion:101}}.
Lets be honest, going against a single oponent with Brand's kit is a waste. Now, putting him against two squishies in the early game while his base damage is still ridiculous? There's no reason to go mid if you actually want to snowball!
: if either of these runes are changed {{champion:76}} flat out wont be able to clear without getting executed unless u have challenger level orb walking skills
Maybe she needs some extra Armor buffs then, not faster mov speed
: I mean... I might like it if I was a stereotypical twelve year old, but I find it saying "you can't spell spree without REEEEEEE" and a lot of the other lines both annoying and unfunny. I'm not offended by it or really bothered much but it seems rather... uncompany-like to do this officially.
Hearing that line when the enemy went into a Killing Spree was worst than the fact that the enemy was fed.
: {{champion:72}}
Nimbus Cloak + Phase Rush + Ghost = Bring ADC to fountain
: @Meddler Please do not remove pre-minion spawn phase.
I see no reason to remove it right now. It consumes a minute and a half, but at least half of that is used for scouting, positioning in lane for pre-minion agression, and offers the chance for ambushes to be made. No matter how unlikely those scenarios might be, the complete removal of them because "We want shorter games!" is a pretty bad decision.
: Riot: Emotes aren't meant to be tilting. C'mon even pings became tilting, and they're supposed to be use for the most basic of communication.
TL;DR - Communication is tilting
: If Brand were a melee champ
Can we forget the great pun for a second and imagine the greatness and badassery of a Melee AoE Burst Fire Mage?
: If not a 75 gold ward that takes up a whole slot, there should be other ways to counter and negate invisibility. There are many reasons I hate playing versus an Akali, and one of the biggest is that she can drop an 8 second fuck you zone and you can’t do anything about it. Or Vayne turning on ult and becoming impossible to catch and duel. Or being unable to ward for Shaco anymore. Removing the sole source of counterplay to a mechanic is the worst thing a balance team can do to this game.
Riot already went over this when doing the whole Cammo/Invisibility thing. Champions with Invisibility rely on it way too much for it to be counterable by dropping a ward. It's a vital part of their kit and not really meant to be countered, instead, the counterplay aspect is moved to other parts of their kit. Akali can have her shroud up for 8 seconds, but doing anything other than moving in that relatively confined space means revealing herself, allowing retaliation to occur. Vayne has her invisibility tied to her ultimate and Q, but not only that, she pays for her kiting ability by having one of the shortest effective ranges out of any adc. Shaco has one of the worst damage outputs out of any assassin, as well as being one of the few without a real escape plan. But Invisibility is by far not as OP as you seem to believe. Taking damage while invisible makes a blurred shadow of the champion appear. So things like Ranged Minion Aggro, AoE Effects, DoT effects like Ignite or Sunfire Cape, all cause the location of the invisible champion to be revealed. Tethers like Kled's Bear Trap on a Rope or LeBlanc's Chains will also still be visible. There's also Rengar's and Twisted Fate's Ultimates, which are a big "Fuck You" when used against Invisibility champions. Invisibility is a frustrating mechanic, but is not that much of an unfair one when taken in consideration with the context of the kits to which it is added. As a side note, not EVERY mechanic needs to have a solid counterplay option, as long as the champion who has such a mechanic stiff offers counterplay due to other parts of it's kit. Shielding is another example of such a no-counterplay mechanic.
: I have a sneaking suspicion that if we just turned off our API for like...2 months we'd start to see a lot more creativity and "off meta" decisions being made again. As a competitive sport/game depending on your degree of investment in league, it's only natural that people will attempt to optimize the game as much as possible to give them the best chance to win. That gets made all that much easier when you can go to any 3rd party sight and look at whatever is "the strongest" champ/build order/strat on any given patch. Then throw the LCS into the equation and you not only have numbers to look at, but demonstrations by the best players in the game in how to play the game best. I was personally finding myself get a bit burnt out in ranked this season, so started focusing more on normals with friends and just tried out champs I haven't played in ages, or took them in weird spots (Brand jungle). Even though I'm sure it's far from optimal, it was actually super fun to just try funky shit again. That was one thing I loved seeing when we first rolled out runes reforged (or the rune builder website). I was seeing so many people going "oh shit! These specific runes on this champ sound so fun I can't wait to try it!". You know, true theorycrafting, something of a lost art over the years. What we were seeing was players reading tooltips and getting excited envisioning moments in game, not looking at and trying to crunch the numbers for what was best. There was excitement, there was creativity, there was fun. Then runes launched and people immediately turned to 3rd party websites to figure out what the optimal pages were, and we saw decision making quickly converge on what the numbers said, not on what sounded fun. Part of it is we don't yet have the system to the point where you have to think hard about what's optimal, and part of it is human nature. Losing feels bad. So you tend to optimize to chase the win, as opposed to take the risk of picking something "troll" and lose a game/waste your time. This is hardly scratching the surface, but it's something i've been lamenting on weekends, and something I don't have a good answer to.
If this was Reddit I'd have given you gold. This is basically how I've been feeling with League for a long time. To use Magic's player categories, it seems like it's focusing a lot of the Spikes and Timmys, but not enough on all the Jhonnys out there. If I had to blame a single aspect of the game for it, I'd say it's caused by the low variety of items that accomplish the same goal and some stats being rather static. Like how mov speed will always be around 400 with a 5% variation, or how no matter how much Health Regen you buy, it will always be a lackluster stat outside of lane or a Warmog's kicking in (at which point you don't need to invest in other health regen items). Idk, as someone who likes to theorycraft almost as much as I like to play, sometimes League's options feel quite limited, even if going by "I want to be relevant" as a parameter instead of "I want to win".
: Oh my friend, I hope you never have to face a plat 5 0LP in your normal games.
I once played in my friend's Plat account to see how I'd fare on a higher ELO (I never really tried to climb ranked on my main account). Holy fucking shit the amount of salt in Plat 5 is ridiculously high. Made me miss my fellow bronzies.
: Is it really the items, or the role you're trying to force people into playing? The concept of 'support', seems...off.
Supports came up not due to Riot, but due to the player base itself. There are 4 gold sources in the map, but 5 players. People eventually found out that it was better to have a single very gold starved champion in their team than two slightly gold starved (same mentality that moved the meta away from duo top), and were picking champions who did not relied on gold to be effective to fill the gold-less position.
: So if we combo'd it with thornmail, it's essentially take 0 damage and they are killing themselves..... sounds balanced. ___________________________________ Jokes aside that would be an interesting item mechanic: For the next X seconds you take no damage and Y% of damage dealt is returned to the attacker. It would be like an hourglass/thornmail item but you can still move, it could impliment a self-silence so that the user cannot cast abilities while the active is being used and if you wanted to prevent ADC and APC's from using it you could use your champion classifications to dictate which champs can and cannot purchase it. It would be something like hiding melee only items when you play a ranged champion and hiding ranged only items when you play a melee champion.
Probably a bad idea to make items purchasable only by specific classes. Specially since the division will be somewhat arbitrary in lots of cases. Gnar, for example, can go full tank, full damage, or a mix in between. Would he be able to purchase the item? What about juggnernauts? Also, putting Kayle ult on steroids in an item sounds like a REALLY frustrating thing to deal with.
: Should probably have Lethal Tempo tell you how much attack speed it gives you rather than tell you 30-80%
While at it, show how much extra health Grasp has given you. Activated 38 times doesn't help much. Me 2 dumb to math during the game
: Leaked photo of Gun God Lucian
Bruh, do you even leak? This skin allows you to use cheat codes to change your weapons! If you quickly type R1, R2, L1, R2 in all chat and then press the arrow keys LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT you get new weapons. I'm pretty sure that this skin has other codes avaible, but oyu'd have to dig them out a bit, possibly in old magazines
: Ziggs?
Hey, at least he only has one mobility spell that doubles as his only source of hard CC, unlike some other mages that like to dash around
: > [{quoted}](name=Sinlaire,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=usJhETZG,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-27T09:02:45.397+0000) > > it's only either if you only check the boards once a day and only find one. I found several threads calling for shaco buffs this afternoon. Here comes the second half just before going to bed. What a fulfilling day/ Maybe Riot should listen to the people who know and understand their champion since Riot doesn't? Quinn has a higher winrate and is getting Duskblade compensation, as is Kha, Rengar, Zed, Talon... But not Shaco, even though Duskblade is the only thing keeping Shaco in the game right now.
Shaco is annoying as a concept and, to League's idea of champion balance and enemy agency, extremely flawed. It's completely understandable why Riot is leaving him in semi-olafed state. He's the kind of champion who makes the most out of any small bone thrown at him. I'm not a Shaco hater (I main exclusively him since season 2 and he's probably the sole reason why I haven't given up from League in the past year or two), but it's not hard to see how toxic his kit can be if the numbers are in his favor.
Rioter Comments
: That I still have most of the time I pick Shaco*
This is a big part of the reason why I gave up on Jungle Shaco and moved myself to the Mid Lane. If I gotta get gold before doing damage I might as well be in the place that offers me more gold.
: Shaco is _also_ incredibly weak pre-6. Think about it though, a good Kass player plays defensively enough that he doesn't need to blow flash in the early-game. You generally _have_ to play passively or you'll get destroyed.
Shaco is incredibly weak pre-6, but for different reasons. He has quite a bit of safety with Q and W, but lacks damage. He doesn't need Flash to take advantage of oportunities because he's naturally mobile. But he might not be able to take advantage of an oportunity because he lacks damage. Therefore, Ignite makes more sense, as it covers a bit of his weakness. Kass has a different problem. He has some actually respectable damage in the early levels, but usually lacks a way to deliver it, as quite a bit of it is short ranged. This means two things: he's more likely to have to over extend to trade effectively, and, without a mobility Summoner Spell, will be forced to *give up* on possible oportunities for a kill. Pre-6, Flash allows Kass to be both safer, as the Summoner Spell usually does, AND seize some more aggressive oportunities that he might have lost if he packed ignite, simply because the damage he'd deal with an W+E exceeds the one dealt by ignite. Flash grants him not only safety, but also allows him to have pre-6 kill potential against ranged/mobile enemies. The now gained kill potential, in turn, makes so that enemies can't abuse him as much, as there is now chance for retaliation.
: There are people who do that still, yes. I've played with some of them and been flamed for not doing so. Every time someone tells me "Shaco has an amazing early game" I cite his 0 damage kit and long box wind-up times and ask them what they're talking about and they say "But he has a 1 second stealth!" Yeah OK dude. He has a 1 second stealth and NO DAMAGE.
OMG THE ENEMY KAHZIX HAS GANKED ME TWICE AND YOUR STILL FARMING Sorry dude, post rework my early is shit DUDE YOURE FUCKING SHACO, DONT PICK SHACO AND NOT EARLY GANK ___________ This is, letter per letter, a conversation I've had last season soon after Shaco's rework.
: If you think about it, why doesn't Kassaein take ignore over flash? Game is balanced around flash because it's the best summoner spell out there.
Because Kass has a REALLY weak pre-6. Without flash he would be forced to play 100% passively before he gets his ult. He takes Flash for the same reason Shaco picks Ignite, to have a stronger Early Game.
: @Phreak is it time?
@Phreak better show up for this
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Rengar changes bugs and feedback thread.
I don't play Rengar (would very much love him if I didn't sucked at the champion), but I gotta say: Thank you so fucking much for making this kind of threads.
TehNACHO (NA)
: "Rear Gunner" Mode
"Fuck you! Stop going in all the time!" "Well, if you could land a single fucking skill shot we'd have won" "Can't land anything if your retarded ass wants to side step and change directions all the time" That's how I imagine how things would be likely to go.
: It won't be that great. Once you have even 1 life steal item other stats become more effective for actually healing off the damage. Once you hit 2 you should hard stop. Once you hit 3 you should sell the weakest.
I don't think it's about healing, but rather about having a decent amount of AS, AD, and AP to unlock all of her passive upgrades.
: > [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kHjA9EYx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-17T04:02:15.142+0000) > > Ok, quick question: How many champions do you _actually_ reach mastery 6/7 on? Also, you no longer need to spend on Runes, so I have no doubt you'll pick up plenty of the BE you really need for both champions and Masteries. Although you "dont have to spend money on runes", lets just realize for a sec that runes aren't RUNES anymore. they are masteries do you recall masteries ever costing $$ for all intents and purposes, they deleted runes and reworked masteries xD Also, enough to warrant being upset at about 4k BE which could be spent on champions being the cost of proving you're not garbage at a champion at first glance.
Mastery 5 is usually more than enough to prove that you're not garbage, 6+ is just for bragging rights, and IMO, bragging rights should be expensive and require some level of sacrifice, otherwise you're just not bragging enough.
: There are things that counter my class therefore I need this overpowered ball of stats item
Actually, yes. Riot put Marksmen and Assassins at an arms race, with the obvious edge going to the class with a dedicated life saver. The one thing standing between assassins having situational kill potential against marksmen and not being able to do anything to them, is currently Duskblade. In a vacuum, it's an horribly designed item, specially given it's counterparts (Ghostblade, EoN). In the current League Meta, it's a bit of a mandatory item that keep assassins from needing another class overhaul.
: I'd rather get something with an overall better effect. Idc if they can buff it to make it strong. I don't like it and I don't think anyone else did. We'd all rather have something new.
> We'd **all** rather have something new. Don't speak for everyone. I loved going Inspiration+Resolve with Celestial Body for 1k hp at level 1.
: People in a single thread were content, but outside of that thread, those complaints went on about as much up to and until the actual event happened. They complained just as much until the thing they were complaining about was far enough in the past that there was no point anymore. That's a big part of my argument. You can convince a few people, but the overall Boards reception isn't affected at all. I mean, if you actually look at Riot's explanation posts when they take on any major issue, they're usually pretty well-received. Riot can make good explanations. They just have no effect on the overall discussion whatsoever past the actual thread they're in. The boards community is unchanged, even if some individuals or even the larger community outside the boards acknowledge whatever point Riot makes. That's the effect of the echo chamber here. It drowns out relevant information and stifles conversation.
> People in a single thread were content, but outside of that thread, those complaints went on about as much up to and until the actual event happened. This is mostly because it was a single Rioter who answered that in a thread made by a random board member. Put that stuff into an actual fixed post with a link to it in the game client and you get more of the player base to see it. That comment had little to no visibility, of course it wasn't going to change the overall mood in the boards. But it was enough to make the ones who saw it understand the situation and stop just complaining about "Riot won't talk to us", but rather discussing the subject in a more civil manner.
: Instead of buffing Ivern, who is incapable of one-shotting anyone, you buff Rengar. Genius, Riot.
I'm not sure if this is a satire of people who main broken champions asking for buffs, a legit request, or just random trolling. In any case: fuck Ivern, he's hell to play against in low elo.
: > The boards are either looking for a logical explanation or words to hang riot by. As a whole, I don't think the boards are looking for logical explanations. Individuals might be, but the community is not. The boards have bitched since back before I started in season 1, and they've never accepted any explanations that I've seen Riot give. People come here because they're already pissed off at something in the game, and they join into a chorus of other voices who are pissed off and who drive off everyone who isn't pissed off. The entire environment here is so toxic that accepting that they might have a minority opinion, that they might have to wait, or that they might even just be wrong is almost impossible. You might have some individuals accepting explanations, but the tone of the conversation is not going to change no matter what Riot says. There has never been a time when the boards were satisfied by explanations. I can not remember it happening even once in the last 8 years. Explanations don't make someone's game experience better, particularity if the explanation is about how the board's complaints don't match with what the actual community as a whole thinks. Even when Riot implements changes that the boards end up loving, they are always met with a massive wave of bitching first, because that is the only form of communication that the boards community consistently upvotes.
> There has never been a time when the boards were satisfied by explanations. I saw it happen once. Pretty recently, too. When Riot was going through the whole "You'll receive about 10% of what you invested in your runes" thing this preseason, the boards were, as usual, complaining about MUH IP!! A rioter simply came along and said something along the lines of: "Hey, we're a company. We need to make money. If we give away too much IP, our RP sales go down, so we'll be giving you as much as we can afford. Sorry, but that's the way it is." And people were surprizingly content with the answer and respected the honesty. I'm pretty sure a straightfoward answer like that to big problems would go a long way to get the boards to shut up.
: Why did we even get a new scoreboard??
You do know that Riot has many different groups working on the game, right? The people who are doing GUI changes have nothing to do with the Balance Team, who are the life long favorite targets of this board, or with the Champion Creation Team, nor the Skin Team, and not even closely related to the Lore Team. The bunch of people at the GUI/Quality of Life/Clarity Team saw something that could be improved uppon and improved it. That's quite literallly the definition of their jobs. Nobody complained, yes, but nobody complaining doesn't mean that it can't be better. Also, it's not like doing that took time away from the people working on balance, reworks, or anything like that.
Hibeki (NA)
: It really tickles my nipples when people ban new releases in the mode they are supposed to be played
The Swain ban is also because he is causing a whole lot of people to have FPS drops. Overall people perma ban champions on release because Riot has a thing for overtuning new champions and people want to avoid having to face an extremely OP champion. Kled was released quite well balanced and as a result his ban rate was pretty damn low compared to most other new or reworked champions. As for playing OP shit in normals, there are three categories of people: 1 - Ohh this champ seems fun, I wanna try him out! 2 - I've mained this champion when he was at 40% WR and I'm gonna play him at 60% without any guilt. 3 - Ohh this champ is strong as fuck now! FREE WINS HERE I COME! The first two are fine, but fuck that third group!
Show more

TequilaZombie

Level 57 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion