: What's wrong with people who refuse to remake?
Considering how long the process of getting into game can be, if it isn't ranked I'm usually against remaking.
: What is swain now?
Weird? I was actually a fan of the changes.
: well I think that shows a slight difference in character. PROJECT Pyke is at least somewhat aware due to fighting with the other rebels and resisting the cybernetics. OG pyke is different in that he has wholeheartedly embraced what he is. his mind is not only damaged, but influenced by the Jaulfish. his lines are more like the iconic "you look familiar" quote he says. its him trapped in a cycle he believes he is in control of. (I will say I wish they incorporated of these sorta lines, maybe stuff like "You watched me die", "you were on that ship" and "so many murderers, gotta kill them all") EDIT: I see nothing wrong with you liking PROJECT Pyke VO more. while we obviously have different interpretations of his broken mind, they have their pluses. OG Pyke really hones in on the tragedy, while PROJECT has a thin ray of hope, showing that a small part of him resists, no matter how sub consciously.
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=1iL0KRBP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-18T03:54:09.801+0000) > > well I think that shows a slight difference in character. PROJECT Pyke is at least somewhat aware due to fighting with the other rebels and resisting the cybernetics. > > OG pyke is different in that he has wholeheartedly embraced what he is. his mind is not only damaged, but influenced by the Jaulfish. his lines are more like the iconic "you look familiar" quote he says. its him trapped in a cycle he believes he is in control of. (I will say I wish they incorporated of these sorta lines, maybe stuff like "You watched me die", "you were on that ship" and "so many murderers, gotta kill them all") > > EDIT: I see nothing wrong with you liking PROJECT Pyke VO more. while we obviously have different interpretations of his broken mind, they have their pluses. OG Pyke really hones in on the tragedy, while PROJECT has a thin ray of hope, showing that a small part of him resists, no matter how sub consciously. Yeah I see what you mean.
Rioter Comments
Naalith (NA)
: How is it even possible that a patch this busted can release 10 years into a game's life?
Weird, when I was playing on PBE shit wasn't broken. Ig live servers are a bitch sometimes, gj small indie company.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=foccyuAQ,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:21:06.680+0000) Yeah, have you? They're talking about the _animations_, not the _visuals_. The visuals are different, but the animations are all almost exactly the same.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=foccyuAQ,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:34:25.616+0000) > > Yeah, have you? They're talking about the _animations_, not the _visuals_. The visuals are different, but the animations are all almost exactly the same. Please tell me how you make his forward stab more "different"? I don't remember people complaining that Nightbring yasuo's q stab looked pretty similar to his normal, because it's kinda hard to make that anim super different. Same for his E, what exactly are you supposed to make different there?
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=foccyuAQ,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-07-17T01:13:18.913+0000) Basic attack, Q, W, E, R, homeguard and walk animations are all exactly the same, and if not, they're very close to the original animation. Compared to Dark Cosmic Jhin, who has new basic attack, Q, E, R, homeguard and walk animations, as well as a new reload animation.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=foccyuAQ,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T01:18:51.807+0000) > > Basic attack, Q, W, E, R, homeguard and walk animations are all exactly the same, and if not, they're very close to the original animation. > > Compared to Dark Cosmic Jhin, who has new basic attack, Q, E, R, homeguard and walk animations, as well as a new reload animation. I'm sorry have you..actually watched the spotlight?
: How is PROJECT Pyke priced at 1820 when he reuses all of the base skin animations?
: Psst, Riot: WE GET IT.
But what if you're wrong, and if Vi's real sister is an unreleased character? Misdirection is a bitch sometimes yknow?
Barkley (NA)
: Oh no! Illaoi used her ult! What do we do!?
OH NO IT'S ILLOAI WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Arakadia (NA)
: Okay why do the "monsters" (since that is the _core_ theme of this set of skins) look human though. They should all be as extreme as WW and Pyke. edit: I'm not saying they all need to be animals like WW. Project Pyke looks monstrous while still being humanoid. The rest look too clean and polished to be """monsters""".
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=13ozYEp3,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-07-16T04:36:34.680+0000) > > Okay why do the "monsters" (since that is the _core_ theme of this set of skins) look human though. They should all be as extreme as WW and Pyke. Well "monster" doesn't always have to mean a giant beast. I'd consider a human turned into a techno augmented war machine a monster.
: > [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HRbfXBmG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T02:26:26.946+0000) > > Wukong isn't a human so he's out. Neither is Warwick yet he getting one. Anyway: I once again hate the fact they didn't do Quinn: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/4Mk5FGkQ-another-year-without-project-quinn
> [{quoted}](name=lightdragoon88,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HRbfXBmG,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T03:50:16.345+0000) > > Neither is Warwick yet he getting one. > > > Anyway: I once again hate the fact they didn't do Quinn: > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/4Mk5FGkQ-another-year-without-project-quinn But Warwick WAS a human. And it seems the PROJECT version is the same way, he WAS a human untill he was rediculously augmented. Also, I've seen the thing about PROJECT quinn..and honestly it's..meh? I'm sure if you're a Quinn main it's your wet dream, but to someone who doesn't play Quinn it's not super awesome but it's not terrible I guess.
Mr Meat (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:39:04.755+0000) > > If you don't like it, don't buy it. Guess how much the skins existing hurts you? 0. Damn dude, imagine having an opinion and calling things bullshit? Crazy right? If only more people were like mindless drones and just purchased shitty reused assets for an inflated price because of a colour change, then the world would be a better place!! :)
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Meat,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-16T02:50:32.098+0000) > > Damn dude, imagine having an opinion and calling things bullshit? > Crazy right? > If only more people were like mindless drones and just purchased shitty reused assets for an inflated price because of a colour change, then the world would be a better place!! :) Also if you noticed, my post said specifically that if you didn't want it DON'T BUY IT. Where in the world did "If only more people were like mindless drones and just purchased shitty reused assets for an inflated price because of a colour change, then the world would be a better place!! :)" come from?
Mr Meat (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:39:04.755+0000) > > If you don't like it, don't buy it. Guess how much the skins existing hurts you? 0. Damn dude, imagine having an opinion and calling things bullshit? Crazy right? If only more people were like mindless drones and just purchased shitty reused assets for an inflated price because of a colour change, then the world would be a better place!! :)
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Meat,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-16T02:50:32.098+0000) > > Damn dude, imagine having an opinion and calling things bullshit? > Crazy right? > If only more people were like mindless drones and just purchased shitty reused assets for an inflated price because of a colour change, then the world would be a better place!! :) I love it when people act like all opinions are golden mantles of untouchable thought that can't be bashed in any way because "it's just your opinion", and if you call some bullshit an opinion that clearly isn't it gets protected. They can't be wrong either, because there's no way humans who aren't perfect could have wrong thoughts, nope.
: does anyone want to be my hot league of legends gf
Yeah dude! I'll date you, I'm a g.i.r.l.! Why it an acronym? Easy, it stands for guy in real life!
: Stop making threads asking for champs to get skins, and
What I don't understand is when people bring the word "deserve" into it. "My champ DESERVES a skin! That champ shouldn't get one because they don't DESERVE one!" Like the fuck? Since when do video game characters "Deserve" things. I think what they really mean is that they think that THEY deserve skins to use, it has nothing to do with the champions.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:39:04.755+0000) > > If you don't like it, don't buy it. Guess how much the skins existing hurts you? 0. I dunno, hurts me to look at it. Your response to his opinion is kinda painful too.
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Endeavor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aNQ1yhvt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-15T21:05:09.342+0000) > > I dunno, hurts me to look at it. Your response to his opinion is kinda painful too. Yeah, my bad for telling the truth.
: I mean Jinx typically wears just a bikini and booty shorts while throwing around explosions everywhere. I don’t think “protection” is really on her mind.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Rycerz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=13ozYEp3,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-15T21:02:25.297+0000) > > I mean Jinx typically wears just a bikini and booty shorts while throwing around explosions everywhere. I don’t think “protection” is really on her mind. Well to be fair, if you're being augmented then your fashion choice reallly isn't up to you, but I guess she's not usually the "heavily armored type".
: I feel like you're reaching here a little bit. Saying things like "This armor suggests this!" when I've looked at these splasharts a million times and never even had a hint of what you're talking about. Want to know why they probably look "too human"? They're the castoffs. They are most likely much earlier PROJECTS, discarded after a better method was found. The only thing I can agree with is that I don't really think jinx should have an exposed stomach, the reason being if you're in cybernetic gun fights why in the world would you want any part of you unprotected.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=13ozYEp3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:42:17.721+0000) > > I feel like you're reaching here a little bit. Saying things like "This armor suggests this!" when I've looked at these splasharts a million times and never even had a hint of what you're talking about. Want to know why they probably look "too human"? They're the castoffs. They are most likely much earlier PROJECTS, discarded after a better method was found. The only thing I can agree with is that I don't really think jinx should have an exposed stomach, the reason being if you're in cybernetic gun fights why in the world would you want any part of you unprotected. Update: found this tweet that supports what I said: https://twitter.com/notquitefrodo/status/1150857330554052609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1150857330554052609&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdisqus.com%2Fembed%2Fcomments%2F%3Fbase%3Ddefault%26f%3Dsurrenderat20%26t_u%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.surrenderat20.net%252F2019%252F07%252Fpbe-preview-project-2019-skins_15.html%26t_d%3D%250APBE%2520Preview%253A%2520PROJECT%25202019%2520Skins%250A%26t_t%3D%250APBE%2520Preview%253A%2520PROJECT%25202019%2520Skins%250A%26s_o%3Ddesc%23version%3D594a21d2f28c61c5869ee69d5e22040f
: This years PROJECT Skins lack heavily on general Distinction
I feel like you're reaching here a little bit. Saying things like "This armor suggests this!" when I've looked at these splasharts a million times and never even had a hint of what you're talking about. Want to know why they probably look "too human"? They're the castoffs. They are most likely much earlier PROJECTS, discarded after a better method was found. The only thing I can agree with is that I don't really think jinx should have an exposed stomach, the reason being if you're in cybernetic gun fights why in the world would you want any part of you unprotected.
: Prestige edition skins are...
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Guess how much the skins existing hurts you? 0.
: Usernames for a Lux/Ahri main
Well if you wanna go the weeb route, google translate says "light" is Hikari, and "fox" is Kitsune, so Hikitsune?
: Playing with locked or unlocked camera?
I play MOSTLY locked, but will unlock if I need to. Idk, just the camera shifting at the slightest jerk in a direction is too much for me.
: Why do people defend autofill?
Even if we ignore the fact that is DRASTICALLY lowers queue timers, let's not forget the fact that autofill has ALWAYS existed, except before it was fueled by players' egos and not a robot. Remember when you REALLY wanted to play your role but the player above you didn't care so they took it anyway? Remember getting last pick and getting stuck with support? That wasn't autofill right?
WardMyBüsh (EUNE)
: league of legends new skin project Pyke/Jinx/Warwick/irelia/Akali
: Reminder that Tahm Kench is still the most broken champion in league history
I mean that's your opinion, but just rejoice in the fact that he's getting GUTTED next patch, which comes out the 17th to my knowledge.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZEB9EUph,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T02:14:59.755+0000) > > How many threads are you going to make about this? Nobody was being rude to you. You just refuse to hear an answer you don't like Please leave me alone I just need someone to talk too
> [{quoted}](name=Infìñìtÿ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZEB9EUph,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T02:17:42.886+0000) > > Please leave me alone I just need someone to talk too No, you don't need someone to talk to. You WANT to talk to someone who'll tell you what you want to hear, but that isn't going to happen. Accept your mistakes and move on, or stay sulking forever. There is no soft cuddly solution here, you have to face reality.
Barkley (NA)
: I feel like we should have seen some 9.14 notes by now?
To my knowledge it comes out on the 17th, so patch notes will most likely be on the 16th.
: Fizz is total shit now
If you can't beat people with Fizz, that's your B. I'm a Fizz player btw.
Mitsuk3 (EUW)
: I literally. Hate. Prestige. Skins. More . Than . Vayne. Mains.
> [{quoted}](name=Mitsuk3,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nMueIvMp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-14T23:33:29.218+0000) > > I literally. Hate. Prestige. Skins. More . Than . Vayne. Mains. yaga
: Goodbye cancer ranged top picks
No, the real winners here aren't just melee champs, the real winners are everyone. Why? Because Kench is getting gutted. I think that means we ALL win here.
Manxxom (NA)
: Can we address the fact how awesome Project Pyke looks.
I'd be more hype if I didn't have to play supp to enjoy Pyke ;-; Ah, rest in pieces jungle Pyke, I'll always love you.
Nithke (EUW)
: I mean we've got blood moon and even enduring sword. Not every champions needs a project. However we can all agree on the fact that {{champion:222}} doesn't deserve a skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Nithke,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3xkRRpAU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-14T20:57:07.287+0000) > > I mean we've got blood moon and even enduring sword. Not every champions needs a project. > However we can all agree on the fact that {{champion:222}} doesn't deserve a skin. Champions don't "deserve" skins..you say this like they're not fictional characters and this isn't a monetary system..
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4B75YyB9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:00:01.923+0000) > > It kinda sucks because I personally LOVE pyke, but I hate support. I played him solo/jg for a while after his release, but Riot seems extremely intent on keeping him as a support, unfortunately for me. And I get, he's SUPPOSED to be a support, that's his job. However, it sucks that they seem to be making changes that FORCE him to be a support, rather than suggest that to be the best playstyle. They're not even making changes that make him a _better_ support than solo laner. They're just nerfing his ability to solo lane so he's forced to be a _bad_ support.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4B75YyB9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-14T18:31:30.986+0000) > > They're not even making changes that make him a _better_ support than solo laner. They're just nerfing his ability to solo lane so he's forced to be a _bad_ support. Yep. What sucks is, I want to play him but I actually can't without learning other supports, since I {{champion:86}} tee that I won't 100% be able to get pyke every time. So unless I basically become a support player I can't use Pyke, wonderful.
: Pyke changes
It kinda sucks because I personally LOVE pyke, but I hate support. I played him solo/jg for a while after his release, but Riot seems extremely intent on keeping him as a support, unfortunately for me. And I get, he's SUPPOSED to be a support, that's his job. However, it sucks that they seem to be making changes that FORCE him to be a support, rather than suggest that to be the best playstyle.
: No Project Kayn Skin ? What a missed oppurtinity for a Ultimate Skin.
Uhh no. As interesting as this would be, Kayn already has a legendary, in fact his only non launch skin is legendary.
: Riot taught me to never fall in love, and reverting Akali saves time in the long run
I still don't get why people hate new Akali so much. Hard to balance =/= failed champion. I'm not gonna say anything about visuals, because of course the rework looks better. But as far as gameplay goes, new kit is way more interesting and skill expressive. Old kit: Q is point and click, Shroud really isn't that different, E was an area around you, and ult was a MULTI CHARGE POINT AND CLICK. I'm sorry that you lost your entire kit of brainlessly clicking on the enemy champions to kill them, go play an adc, they do the same thing.
Mc Raton (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z1wEGAP6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:40:07.566+0000) > > You mean Arcade Kai'sa... cause that is pretty bad XD > > Why did Lucian? Why did Ashe? So, why not Jinx? Pyke got 1 skin earlier in the year, he didn't deserve one right away. Pyke is getting close to Lux Ezreal syndrome..
> [{quoted}](name=Mc Raton,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z1wEGAP6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:42:14.125+0000) > > Pyke got 1 skin earlier in the year, he didn't deserve one right away. Pyke is getting close to Lux Ezreal syndrome.. You say this like champions "deserve" skins. Skins are a monetary system, not based on "merit".
coreym11 (NA)
: Why can't I play lethality jinx mid?
BECAUSE BOY YOU DON'T HAVE THE M O N E Y !
: Skins in TFT
The reason they can't do this is due to the way skins in league work. I'm not going to go into huge tech details, but to put it simply, each skin takes up a certain amount of data. In a normal game, there's only 10 skins loaded, hence why league can be ran on pretty much anything. However in TFT, there could be a stupid number of skins loaded at one time, making it unplayable for certain people.
Rioter Comments
: Is every ADC player this big of a douche? I'm glad I main assassins.
Not every adc. Every champion, role, ect has asshole players.
: What elo?
> [{quoted}](name=Mokuto Bunshi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lFLAfMsJ,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:34:55.786+0000) > > What elo? Silver
Yenn (NA)
: I've gone 14 consecutive games without getting my primary role. This is not acceptable.
: i read the PBE patch notes on kench
"And all at once the rioters began chanting 'B e n c h t h e k e n c h , b e n c h t h e k e n c h ' , and the balance team succumbed to the power of this spell."
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O1mnsIB4,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:04:07.422+0000) > > I honestly hope the leak is either fake or not the whole story. I don't just want there to be more than those two JUST because I don't play either of them. None of the champs can get skins for all I care. HOWEVER, only 2 skins for an entire popular skin line batch? Meh. Not really hyped for this one if this is all it has going for it. Even the arcade stuff had 4 skins, and I'd argue that PROJECT is definitely the more popular skin line. Project more than likely isn't getting a big event with a pass. Riot said there's still 2 or 3 more passes for the rest of the year. Obivously Worlds and Snowdown are going to get passes, it's a no brainer, that only leaves 2 options. * If there's 3 passes, Star Guardian gets it's own pass for mid August to mid September, because there's no way Riot won't absolutely cash out on SG stuff. * Or, if there's only 2 passes, Star Guardian just becomes part of the Worlds pass alongside Halloween, like K/DA did last year.
> [{quoted}](name=MetaVolca,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=O1mnsIB4,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:14:09.944+0000) > > Project more than likely isn't getting a big event with a pass. Riot said there's still 2 or 3 more passes for the rest of the year. Obivously Worlds and Snowdown are going to get passes, it's a no brainer, that only leaves 2 options. > > * If there's 3 passes, Star Guardian gets it's own pass for mid August to mid September, because there's no way Riot won't absolutely cash out on SG stuff. > > * Or, if there's only 2 passes, Star Guardian just becomes part of the Worlds pass alongside Halloween, like K/DA did last year. I mean sure, doesn't change my opinion though.
: PROJECT SKINS HYPE
I honestly hope the leak is either fake or not the whole story. I don't just want there to be more than those two JUST because I don't play either of them. None of the champs can get skins for all I care. HOWEVER, only 2 skins for an entire popular skin line batch? Meh. Not really hyped for this one if this is all it has going for it. Even the arcade stuff had 4 skins, and I'd argue that PROJECT is definitely the more popular skin line.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T8fXzkXh,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-03T12:35:39.213+0000) > > While I don't know if Renekton of all champs is the place to start, we've needed counterplay to shields for ever. Healing? Sure it can get out of control, but at least you can buy grevious to help. Shields? Zero actual counterplay. You either have to wait it out (not fun) or break it (not fun, especially when some of these shields are fatter than the average plat player's ego). Counter to Shields is damage, we got plenty of that. TBH Shields are supposed to counter damage, by removing them riot is going further towards 0 defense in league. Also seraphs is now trash if the enemy has a shield delete.
> [{quoted}](name=Beerstein,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T8fXzkXh,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-13T16:35:42.587+0000) > > Counter to Shields is damage, we got plenty of that. TBH Shields are supposed to counter damage, by removing them riot is going further towards 0 defense in league. > > Also seraphs is now trash if the enemy has a shield delete. Damage isn't counterplay, it's bashing your head into a wall and hoping the wall breaks before the person behind the wall murders you.
VapuIa (NA)
: I hate this game, I hate you people.
"Chat logs only show one side of the story." No. Chat logs show what side of the story MATTERS. Your behavior shouldn't be influenced by other people being dumbasses in chat. What you say is YOUR responsibility. "Either way, I'm leaving this game full of hate. I can honestly say this game has made me a worse person. Riots policies have made me a worse person. And you people have made me a worse person." No. If you were willing to stoop to where you did, it wasn't the game, you were already that kind of person and want to use this game and its community as an excuse.
Show more

ThatShinyPiplup

Level 105 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion