: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
My dearest friends, four years ago I took it upon myself to bring life to Shurima's greatest emperor. I was the first and thusfar only Azir that these boards had ever seen, and I feel that during my time I have done as much as I could to bring him and Shurima to life. But alas, I feel that my time in the sun has come to a close. More and more, I find myself forgetting that I even hold on to him, and more than once, I've been given a strike due to this. Slowly, but surely, this endeavor has become less and less a passion, and more and more a chore. With interest in Shurima having fallen off considerably over the years, and with the general decline of activity among this community, I feel that now is as good a time as any for me to step down from my role. I feel that I have held Azir far longer than perhaps I should have out of a desire to stick with it and to not let anyone down. I was, in large part, the biggest representative of Shurima, and I felt that it was my responsibility to breathe life into that place as Azir did in lore. But, it has ceased to be something particularly fun for me, and as it has become more of a chore than a passion, I feel it is only right that at this time I openly give Azir back to the community in hopes that another will rise to fill the hole I am leaving behind for all of you. May whoever follows in my footsteps treasure Shurima and Azir in the ways that I could not. Water and shade to you all, The Epic Azir
Kameil (NA)
: The Ask Champion Compendium
My dearest friends, four years ago I took it upon myself to bring life to Shurima's greatest emperor. I was the first and thusfar only Azir that these boards had ever seen, and I feel that during my time I have done as much as I could to bring him and Shurima to life. But alas, I feel that my time in the sun has come to a close. More and more, I find myself forgetting that I even hold on to him, and more than once, I've been given a strike due to this. Slowly, but surely, this endeavor has become less and less a passion, and more and more a chore. With interest in Shurima having fallen off considerably over the years, and with the general decline of activity among this community, I feel that now is as good a time as any for me to step down from my role. I feel that I have held Azir far longer than perhaps I should have out of a desire to stick with it and to not let anyone down. I was, in large part, the biggest representative of Shurima, and I felt that it was my responsibility to breathe life into that place as Azir did in lore. But, it has ceased to be something particularly fun for me, and as it has become more of a chore than a passion, I feel it is only right that at this time I openly give Azir back to the community in hopes that another will rise to fill the hole I am leaving behind for all of you. May whoever follows in my footsteps treasure Shurima and Azir in the ways that I could not. Water and shade to you all, The Epic Azir
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T05:00:49.735+0000) > > "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk. *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007,timestamp=2018-07-17T13:55:34.796+0000) > > *Lucette smiled at the woman* Thank you very much. I'll be sure to go down and join. Oh! Really quick though. What can you tell me about this, Azir? I've heard a lot about him and i came here to see what i could learn. Maybe even see him if possible. Some of the people back home think he's just a myth. [[Apologies for the delay. I recently had some internet connectivity issues with my PC and was unable to post.]] The woman would nod. Foreigners were always so full of questions... "The Hawkfather is certainly no myth, though none have met him to my knowledge save a mere few chosen by him. Each day he stands atop the balcony of the palace that overlooks the city, and the light from his golden armor shows us he is here. He provides safety with his golden servants, and watches over us." She blinked a moment in curiosity. "Why do you seek to speak with him?"
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T05:00:49.735+0000) > > "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk. *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005,timestamp=2018-07-04T13:48:27.134+0000) > > *Lucette gave a moment of thought. If she settled here she wouldn't have to worry too much on food. And she was only there for a couple of days. So that would leave her with about 100 left for her trip back home. Not too much, but it'll push her through. She smiled and nodded at the lady* Ok! I'll stay here for a couple of nights then. *She then pulls out her pouch and takes out 100 Securi, and hands them to the woman.* The woman would take the currency and count it out. Once she had reached the proper number, she would smile, place it under the front desk somewhere, and address the woman. "I will show you to your room. Right this way." She would motion for the woman to follow her before leading her up a flight of stairs and down a hallway. After a few more steps she paused in front of a door, unlocking the room and handing the key to Lucette. "This one will be yours. It has a lovely view that northerners seem to enjoy. If you require anything, please ring the bell on your nightstand, and I will try to meet your needs. Dinner will be served at sundown should you wish to partake."
: {to my dearest and second favorite bird{rakan 1} have you read the new lore for Aatrox and the darkin?}
> [{quoted}](name=aDarkinAatrox,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d8,timestamp=2018-06-27T19:07:09.416+0000) > > {to my dearest and second favorite bird{rakan 1} have you read the new lore for Aatrox and the darkin?} [[I cannot say that I have yet. I've been very busy and haven't had time to look into it.]]
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T05:00:49.735+0000) > > "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk. *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2018-06-20T20:14:32.403+0000) > > *Lucette walked around for a bit, looking for a good place to look at. She eventually finds an inn and walks in. She looks around and walks to the front and spoke to what seemed to be someone that worked there* Um, excuse me? How much are the rooms? A young woman with tanned skin and black hair tied back in a ribbon smiled at Lucette as she entered. The small inn was a little slow on activity this afternoon, and the only other patron that seemed to be visiting was a beige-colored cat sitting on the counter, watching her as she approached the front desk. "Our rooms are fifty Securi a night, and we offer a fresh meal service in the morning and evening."
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T05:00:49.735+0000) > > "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk. *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-09T14:26:04.039+0000) > > I don't doubt that. *She set the coins down next to him and gently took the pendant. Flipping it around and looking at it. How in the world did he get close enough to get such detail. She looked at him ready to ask that question. But she could tell he was too busy and concentrated. Hm, maybe there was a secret entrance he knew about? Maybe someone who's seent he details helped him? Maybe he just had really good sight and could see the details from a fair distance? Lucette snapped herself out of those thoughts. She smiled and thanked the man as she started to walk away, thinking of finding a place to sleep before getting something to eat* The craftsman happily took her coins and parted with his pendant. As she admired her new acquisition, she would see him lift a spyglass to his eye and peer in the direction of the floating disk. There were many ways to get closer to something, and not all of them required one to gain entrance to largely guarded areas. He would study the disk for a few moments before setting the item back down upon his kiosk and once more begin carving details into his current project. The young woman would find no shortage of places to stay in the city, nor things to eat. The gathering of tribes brought with them their local cuisine, whatever form that might have taken, and the market would be awash in exotic scents and foods for even the most outrageous palate.
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-28T05:00:49.735+0000) > > "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk. *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-29T04:18:39.747+0000) > > *She gave a small cringe as she looked back at the pendant. She needed it, but she only had 500 gold Securi and someothers. But she needed some of that to get a place to sleep and to get food and even to pay to get back home. If she got the pendant, it would leave her with 200. It would be able to get her enough food and a moderate place to stay, but the trek back home was going to cost alot, especially if she was going with a caravan from place to place. Hhhmm. She started thinking. Maybe she could use a caravan to go through the possibly unsafe parts and travel by herself through that calmer and safer parts. The places she knew she could handle. That could save her some extra coin. She could also try to bargain, but it would be a crime to pay him less than what he made was worth.* Three-hundred you said? *She reaches into her bag and pulls out a couple of bags with the Securi in it* "Yes. Three-hundred." His answer was quite brief. He had a great deal of work ahead of him, and pausing to go into more detail would only serve to ruin his concentration. Precision was key in his work, and gold was a soft metal. The smallest imperfection at this scale could ruin his craft, and such things did not come cheap. He had learned to do many things while he went about his task, discussing trades with customers being among them. He would only stop to eat small meals, relieve himself, conclude a sale, and to close up his wares for the evening. He could keep a watchful eye out for thieves as well, though he kept his trinkets stowed quite safely, away from sticky fingers. "Well worth the coin, my quality is second to none."
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d5000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-15T04:38:04.538+0000) > > The woman's sun had been clouded somewhat, but luck would yet shine upon her still. While the true disk was still beyond her reach, not everything was so hopeless as it might have seemed. The bazaar was filled with a great many items and trinkets, some quite old, and others more recently made. As she walked, a glint of shimmering gold would catch her eye. There in a small stand, hanging freely from a display was a pendant of gold, a small handheld carving of what appeared to be the Sun Disk itself, clearly carved with painstaking detail by the merchant who sat behind the kiosk, hard at work carving another such item, a spyglass near him as he worked steeped in concentration. *When she saw it her eyes poped open and she gave a small gasp. She rushed over to the kiosk and gently took the pendant in hand, looking it over as much as she could. She looked to the hard at work merchant. She wasn't sure what to do. He was so focused on his handcrafting, she was worried that if she said anything, it might mess him up and maybe cause him to slip up and make an accident. She didn't want to come back later for worry that when she did, the pendant would be gone. She had to get it now. She spoke in a soft voice in hope that it wont surprise him any* Excuse me? May i speak to you for a moment? I'd like to ask how much this pendant is. *She gently smiled at him*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-15T05:31:46.667+0000) > > Excuse me? May i speak to you for a moment? I'd like to ask how much this pendant is. "Three-Hundred gold Securi..." The elderly worker continued his craft, not even looking up from the trinket he was carving. His tools made fine etchings into the soft gold as she watched, precision in every movement. Such a cost would usually require several months of wages for the average Shuriman. It was clear this merchant made them for the rich visitors from other lands, and not the common folk.
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-02T04:09:12.789+0000) > > It was clear by their demeanor that the sandy soldiers had no intention or ability to speak. Instead of replying to the woman, they continued to hold their positions, except for a single pair, which moved aside, revealing a path back the way she had come. It would seem that without saying a word, it had been communicated the only path for her was away from the floating disk and the temple and palace itself. After all, one could not expect that all things were open to all who would seek them... *She gave a quick and small pout* Alright. *She looks beyond them and to the palace and disk* So much for that replica and exploration *She looks down at her journal and notes before looking at the soldiers and walking away, down the path they opened for her. She was a little upset, but she saw it coming. She'll either have to not do the replica, or try to look at it from a distance and get what she could. She gave a sigh as she thought of what to do next. Either she could go back to the bazaar and look around, maybe get a couple if things. Since she wont be able to really make the replica she wanted, Lucette would just have to settle with a souvenir for her mother. That, or she could find an inn and get some rest for the day and look around some more tomorrow.*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-04T15:21:31.767+0000) > > *She gave a quick and small pout* Alright. *She looks beyond them and to the palace and disk* So much for that replica and exploration *She looks down at her journal and notes before looking at the soldiers and walking away, down the path they opened for her. She was a little upset, but she saw it coming. She'll either have to not do the replica, or try to look at it from a distance and get what she could. She gave a sigh as she thought of what to do next. Either she could go back to the bazaar and look around, maybe get a couple if things. Since she wont be able to really make the replica she wanted, Lucette would just have to settle with a souvenir for her mother. That, or she could find an inn and get some rest for the day and look around some more tomorrow.* The woman's sun had been clouded somewhat, but luck would yet shine upon her still. While the true disk was still beyond her reach, not everything was so hopeless as it might have seemed. The bazaar was filled with a great many items and trinkets, some quite old, and others more recently made. As she walked, a glint of shimmering gold would catch her eye. There in a small stand, hanging freely from a display was a pendant of gold, a small handheld carving of what appeared to be the Sun Disk itself, clearly carved with painstaking detail by the merchant who sat behind the kiosk, hard at work carving another such item, a spyglass near him as he worked steeped in concentration.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T09:53:53.737+0000) (This is mostly headcanons but you could chalk up differences in that they are coming from very different ages.) She did not answer, there was a certain hesitation in her throat preventing her from fully accepting his offer, but she followed him without complaint, a cane tapping softly in an uneven rhythm on the stone behind him made her decision known. It didn't take her long to figure out where exactly they were going, though the place was much different in her time the oasis seemed almost timeless in its way. Emboldened she hobbled forward ending up at Azir's side though still keeping a healthy distance it felt more respectful than standing behind him, she was not his equal neither a slave, just her. Rows upon rows of dormant sand soldiers greeted her humble being back as she looked around held back curiosity studying the area before they settled on the emperor watching him speak. _"wer oasis di wer dian."_ The words were spoken under her breath as he uttered them himself. "I know of this place." Her tone was not condescending; it was in awe. Razna gave the emperor an understanding nod, in his place, she would have done the same for it was not their place, not theirs to give, only priests of the sun could properly care for such a source of power. Only they could genuinely decide who was worthy. Swallowing hard thinking to herself. _"Like myself."_ Her heart beat faster in her chest, she could not possibly evaluate herself truthfully. Her mind wanted to know nothing more than peace, her weary body asked for the eternal sleep. That same mindset she had when she was still alive so long ago scared her, allowing her ego to control her was something she could not do twice. '_Repeat'._ That single word pressed in her mind; she had regressed before repeating a cycle of self-hatred and acceptance more maddening than the mirages plaguing her from time to time when she looked hard enough there was sometimes a glimpse of simpler times, happier times instead of ruins. If there were a chance to escape her self-made prison, she would take it, but when push came to shove, she found herself still bound a constricting dim of self-doubt. She took a small step forward pausing suddenly. Only a few seconds had passed, but to her, it was a small eternity. "This is my battle; an emperor should not have to concern himself for every soldier under his command. Nonetheless, I'm thankful." She paused taking another step forward looking at the pools of water observing them. "Thank you." She uttered pressing forward until she was at the edge of the pools, sitting down in quiet contemplation. Watching a reflection of who she used to be in the waters, she found herself swallowing hard again, power, grace, beauty. All those things once belonged to her and could be still; she merely needed to reach, reach and touch the healing waters allowing herself to be reborn. Lifting her right hand just above the waters she observed the malignant shape of her hand. Minutes passed with nothing happening before she suddenly rose standing over the waters with her hunched form, throwing away her cane she mused. "I remember." She lifted her hand something within the chamber ominously rumbled to life. "I believe I understand now. One rose from the slumbering sands to guide our people." She took a step into the pool with no fear, only purpose. "Another remained to remember what was lost." She ventured into the pool standing in it at knee height. "Now, one rises to guide our people spiritually." It was merely a gut feeling, but it felt right at this moment. She pressed forward head barely above the water. _"I pray to mother desert and father sun that I am right."_ She allowed herself to bathe in the waters whatever the consequences may be. --- Around ten minutes had passed when a shock wave suddenly rang out from the pools of water echoing in the water, but something about it was different from when Azir had taken his ascension, it was considerably less powerful, more humble in its effect. Soon enough the same being he had seen before rose from the waters her form unchanged, but her stance was nobler a sense of purpose ebbed around her very form as she made her way out of the pool her hunched posture almost entirely gone except for a slight limp. She gave her cane and the altar he had spoken about one last glance before heading towards wherever Azir currently was and promptly bowing before him on one knee in respect head lowered. "I am reborn, not in body but mind and soul. Mother desert has blessed me with a purpose; father sun has restored what was once broken, burned away the pain." She looked up at him determination settled in her features. "Mother desert has shown me what I must do. My place is not in the shadows but at Shurima's side, your side... my emperor." Rising as an equal, she continued. "What has become lost must be restored. I offer you my guidance not just as Razna, but as a priestess of the sun. If you will have me, I will see the legacy of the sun priests reborn anew." She was still her, but the purpose and newfound confidence in her voice were unmistakable.
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d7,timestamp=2018-04-29T09:33:10.920+0000) > > Around ten minutes had passed when a shock wave suddenly rang out from the pools of water echoing in the water, but something about it was different from when Azir had taken his ascension, it was considerably less powerful, more humble in its effect. Soon enough the same being he had seen before rose from the waters her form unchanged, but her stance was nobler a sense of purpose ebbed around her very form as she made her way out of the pool her hunched posture almost entirely gone except for a slight limp. > > She gave her cane and the altar he had spoken about one last glance before heading towards wherever Azir currently was and promptly bowing before him on one knee in respect head lowered. "I am reborn, not in body but mind and soul. Mother desert has blessed me with a purpose; father sun has restored what was once broken, burned away the pain." She looked up at him determination settled in her features. "Mother desert has shown me what I must do. My place is not in the shadows but at Shurima's side, your side... my emperor." > > Rising as an equal, she continued. "What has become lost must be restored. I offer you my guidance not just as Razna, but as a priestess of the sun. If you will have me, I will see the legacy of the sun priests reborn anew." She was still her, but the purpose and newfound confidence in her voice were unmistakable. "**Then rise, Razna of the Sun. By your word, your emperor commands you bring the word of Father Sun back to our people.**" Azir would tap the creature with the end of his staff, new robes of traditional design, born from the sand and light itself appeared around her form. Not only did she feel reborn, but she even looked the part as well. "**You shall find the Temple of the Sun where it has always been, and find its halls barren of the most ancient texts. You have no small task ahead of you, Lady Razna, but if your heart and spirit burn with light and purpose as you claim, I have no doubt it will one day stand as a triumph of magical knowledge once more.**"
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T01:04:58.583+0000) > > As the woman continued onward it would quickly become more apparent that she was being watched. The strange guardians would turn their heads as she passed, saying nothing, simply observing, and they were more plentiful than before. Still, they did not stop her, but such actions would certainly be unnerving. Eventually she would work her way into a small courtyard,, and upon entering it, she would find all paths leading out of it were blocked by sand soldiers. They did not seem hostile in their actions, but they carried spears quietly, as if waiting for her to explain herself. *She looked around and still continuing to jot down sketches and notes. Thought she did notice that she WAS being watched. It stopped her in her tracks for a moment, but she gained her courage back and moved on. She looked at all the soldiers. She would walks somewhat close to them and from her spot, try to peak behind them without getting to close. She looked up at one that was covering a doorway heading west. She looked at it curiously, unsure what to do. She wanted to go further and explore and get more details and such for a replica. But she wasn't sure if they were strictly off limits and this was as far as she could go, or she needed some sort of pass. She didn't know. They clearly knew she was there and was watching her. She felt a little odd for what she was about to do. But no one was around and she wasn't even sure if they would respond back* Um, i don't suppose i can pass you can i? Do i, need a pass of some kind or? Do i need to be of a certain title?
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d5000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T01:30:33.779+0000) > > Um, i don't suppose i can pass you can i? Do i, need a pass of some kind or? Do i need to be of a certain title? It was clear by their demeanor that the sandy soldiers had no intention or ability to speak. Instead of replying to the woman, they continued to hold their positions, except for a single pair, which moved aside, revealing a path back the way she had come. It would seem that without saying a word, it had been communicated the only path for her was away from the floating disk and the temple and palace itself. After all, one could not expect that all things were open to all who would seek them...
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d5000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T08:59:32.465+0000) > > [[I really have no idea. However, if she continues trying to get to the Sun Disk, she might run into something.]] > > If the young woman sought a place to call home for her stay, she would be capable of finding a few such places within the city. They were far fewer than the residences that had been taken by previous travelers, but profit-wise eyes had staked out several larger buildings for their own use, and converted them into inns or taverns. Should she even desire, it was likely that her Piltovan currency would be worth a room with a view of the Disk itself, though this would come at a significant sum of her wealth, no doubt. > > If her curiosity instead pushed her to follow a path that lead closer to the Sun Disk, it would not be difficult. All roads lead to Shurima within the Empire. And all roads within the city eventually lead to the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars, and the floating Sun Disk. Getting closer would bring her into contact with something much more alien than what she might have seen in the arcades and thoroughfares of Piltover or Zaun. Strange figures seemed to dot passages and monuments, eyeing the population. They were clothed in golden armor trimmed with crimson and bore spears and helmets. They paid her no mind for the most part, however, as she got ever closer to the palace and the Sun Disk towering above it, she might notice that the stoic figures had begun to watch her... *As she got closer to the palace she made sure to get as much detail as she could, even standing in front of a statue for a long time to make sure she got its details. She felt odd though. Like she was being stared at. But as she looked around and saw no one, she figured it must have just been her. She gave a shrug as she continued her way. She wasn't sure though if there was an off limits point, so she was somewhat slow on moving in closer.*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T23:38:53.078+0000) > > *As she got closer to the palace she made sure to get as much detail as she could, even standing in front of a statue for a long time to make sure she got its details. She felt odd though. Like she was being stared at. But as she looked around and saw no one, she figured it must have just been her. She gave a shrug as she continued her way. She wasn't sure though if there was an off limits point, so she was somewhat slow on moving in closer.* As the woman continued onward it would quickly become more apparent that she was being watched. The strange guardians would turn their heads as she passed, saying nothing, simply observing, and they were more plentiful than before. Still, they did not stop her, but such actions would certainly be unnerving. Eventually she would work her way into a small courtyard,, and upon entering it, she would find all paths leading out of it were blocked by sand soldiers. They did not seem hostile in their actions, but they carried spears quietly, as if waiting for her to explain herself.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T22:08:57.141+0000) > > "_Yes, I sense you have a magical gift that flows through your veins._" > Standing once more she clasps her hands in front of her not wanting to seem as if she were hiding anything from Azir, she begins to speak and s the wind blows back her shawl and her headdress catches the light a glimpse of the great sun priests is clear. Her voice holds an ancient strength willing to work with the harsh sun for the good of her people. **"I have had visions of late, great portents of a coming darkness but I cannot see past it. My light is not strong enough to pierce this veil alone...I know only that our world will be greatly changed by it. Your city is a shining beacon of hope and safety and by your will I would have it serve as the home of my people as well. We have great craftsmen and warriors, scouts and storytellers, grant us refuge and we shall pledge our loyalty to you Hawkfather" ** Akasha had long resisted bending the knee to any higher leader making her somewhat strange as far as hierophant's go, her power was her own and came from the Mother and the trust of her people. But something greater than her is on the horizon and she'll not leave her people to suffer for her own pride.
> [{quoted}](name=CALEB THEBADDEST,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d1000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T19:33:11.710+0000) > > **"I have had visions of late, great portents of a coming darkness but I cannot see past it. My light is not strong enough to pierce this veil alone...I know only that our world will be greatly changed by it. Your city is a shining beacon of hope and safety and by your will I would have it serve as the home of my people as well. We have great craftsmen and warriors, scouts and storytellers, grant us refuge and we shall pledge our loyalty to you Hawkfather" > ** "*Shurima's walls welcome all who would seek shelter from the looming darkness of Icathia and the machinations of Xerath's treachery.*" The sand form before her spoke in reply as she swore her service. In truth, Azir was not particularly interested in her powers of prophecy. His gaze spread far beyond the city walls by virtue of his Ascended form. But the risen city greatly needed those trained in the arts of masonry, craftsmanship, and other talents long since lost to time. He could not simultaneously use his abilities to address the upkeep of the city's many structures and also hope to do his due diligence in protecting and leading the Empire. "*Whatever storms may come, Shurima will protect you and your people.*" As the words ended, the sand form of the Emperor would lose its cohesion and sink back to the sands below. This audience was over, but her people would have a home for the foreseeable future, and a modicum of peace and protection from whatever darkness waited in the Icathian depths.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-10T20:16:52.417+0000) > https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.321442113.4114/flat,800x800,075,f.jpg >((Goodness gracious I knew there was something I had forgotten about, sorry. Have a chibi Azir.)) Sighing she closed her eyes her head dipping slightly in defeat despite knowing that the chance was slight at best. "As I suspected." Looking at him again she stood up fingers idly tapping the top of the cane as she considered his words, his final question provoked a response from her, shock and perhaps surprise crossed her features for a moment the baccai was left speechless stammering quietly until she finally managed to gather her wits again. "I had not considered that option, I have lived for many cycles, too many even for an ascended being." She paused unsure what to really say the temptation of power had mellowed out over the years replaced with an intense desire for an end. Was it selfish for her to only think of taking her life when she could have helped others? It was a good question one she couldn't answer. "You have reminded me, emperor, that I have forgotten my duty. I can't answer your question truly, for I fear what awaits on the other side. But if there were a way I would consider it at the very least." "But right now Shurima needs its emperor focused on the real matters more than ever. Strange men clad in black and red come from the north. A false emperor of pure energy stirs in the desert. Among other threats. I dare not use my curse against Shurima's enemies, but I can serve in other ways." Lowering her head again as if the request she was about to utter was foolish she spoke. "There is a place in this city, a building that was once called Arcana. Dedicated to researching the mysteries and unknowns of Shurima, including magical diseases, curses, and other similar subjects. I would like for it to be raised from the slumbering sands once more. Put it to use for Shurima." "In return, I would gladly pledge myself to your cause, emperor." Head still lowered she uttered stoically. "What say you, emperor?"
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-02T16:27:21.796+0000) > > Razna The Emperor would nod. Her words were spoken from the heart. Mother Desert had a way of testing those that would try and obtain her power without proper consideration of its use. His own arrogance had once blinded him to the threats that lurked within his own court. His own resurrection from the nebulous nothing of semi-death had given him another chance at life. His only goal was to save the woman that had his face with whatever life he had been given, and for his selfless act, the might of Ascension had been visited upon him at long last. Now, he could finally bring prosperity back to the people of Shurima. But, where his consciousness and body had slumbered for centuries, the being before him had suffered for an even greater period. Had not her penance already been paid? Her only desire was to help those in need. In this pitiful creature, he saw not another aspect of power, but another soul seeking help. And though the priests of old and their knowledge of the ritual had been lost, perhaps there was some way the magic of Shurima could help this poor and pitiful creature. If not bring her the Ascended form she had once been denied, then perhaps it could heal her of her curse and deformities. If the Oasis of the Dawn could bring the recently deceased back to life, then surely its restorative powers could do something for this person before him. "**The entirety of the city has been pulled from the sands and reborn. If once this place of Arcana existed, it should have already been risen, as intact as time would allow. Your wish has already been granted.**" As he finished, Azir would stand, his armor glinting in the light of the throne room. "**However, I believe you have suffered long enough. Your arrogance may once have made you unworthy in the eyes of Father Sun, but your trial has been long, and you have suffered greatly in the sands of Mother Desert. I believe that your sentence has been served.**" His Ascended form towered over the smaller creature as he took note of her respectful bow. "**Rise, and follow me. It is time you allow yourself to be reborn.**" The order given, Azir would move past Razna's form, and lead her deeper into the Palace. After many minutes of walking, with the Emperor no-doubt waiting for the crippled creature to follow him and keep up, the pair would find themselves within a darkened temple of sorts beneath the citadel of the palace. Glimmering shafts of light flickered down from above, casting beams of solar brilliance down from the floating Sun Disk far above the city. In the middle of the large room, sunk into the floor, was a pool of water. At every alcove, a sand soldier stood guard, more here even than were guarding the Golden Throne. "**The Oasis of the Dawn...the heart and lifeblood of Shurima. It's waters have the power to rekindle the life of the recently deceased, temper any blade to perfection, or bless an armor with supernatural strength. With the knowledge of the old priests lost to the ages, I cannot offer you a proper Ascension Ritual, and I would not allow my hubris to jeopardize what I have only just begun to build to attempt one.**" He lifted his hand as if to suggest Razna make her way into the pool. "**The rot you carry, the deformity of your body, it is the result of a ritual gone awry. I have seen what such a ritual can do with my own eyes, and when one attempts to corrupt it for their own use. Xerath paid for his power by sacrificing all of Shurima in the process... But I have learned that magic is fickle, and Shurima's heart is kind. You carry a spark of Ascended power within your body already, as I did. You would not have lived for the time you have if that were not the case. But, what you lack is a restoration, to purge the harm done. If there is a way to heal your form, this is all I can offer you.**" His staff would move to point to a golden relief of the Sun Disk along the back wall of the temple. "**Bathe yourself in the Oasis, meditate, and allow its waters to heal you." The staff swung upward to the shafts of light. "Then, when the sun is at its zenith, stand before the altar and allow the light of Father Sun to fill you with warmth. I cannot guarantee it will not be painful. The sun brings life to the crops, but it also burns those too careless to shield themselves from it. If the Father Sun and Mother Desert find your mind and heart pure, and your intent selfless, it is my belief that you shall be granted a reprieve from your suffering.**" Azir sighed and looked to the small form before him. "**I know not of the form you will gain from this, or even if anything shall happen at all. But I have witnessed the healing powers of the Oasis myself, and felt the forgiveness of Father Sun warm me to the core, and shape the form you see before you.**" Azir would then turn with a flourish of brilliant tassels and a glint of gold. "**I shall wait outside until the deeds have been done. Water and Shade to you, Lady Razna.**" The Emperor would then leave Razna to do as she was told. All that was to be done now was to wait...
: A messenger ran as fast as he could to the palace, after running up the greatest amount of steps he had ever ran in his life, the young man soon arrived to bestow a message from Nasus, sealed as it was back before Shurima fell. Once opened the letter would read, >Azir >I write to you now under dire circumstances, the artifacts of old that were sealed away under The Great Library, have gone missing. The Scepter of Burhan and 'The Secrets of the Universe' book by Zellrok, The Wise. If these artifacts are sighted, they are to be contained immediately, I have set out to the city known as Piltover to discern if an exhibited book they are unveiling is Zellrok's book. I will inform you on the matter as it goes, in the meantime stay alert, you will be able to feel the presence of the scepter, due to the souls trapped inside. >Nasus, The Curator of the Sands
> [{quoted}](name=TheSandsCurator,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d6,timestamp=2018-03-26T21:00:06.480+0000) > > A messenger ran as fast as he could to the palace, after running up the greatest amount of steps he had ever ran in his life, the young man soon arrived to bestow a message from Nasus, sealed as it was back before Shurima fell. Once opened the letter would read, The Emperor would receive the note and commit its contents to his memory. If the Great Curator was still alive, and believed these artifacts to be of such importance that he was set upon the path of a great journey, he could only wish him luck, and that his quest would end in success. However, he would remain attuned to any strange magical presence within Shurima's protective walls. So long as he sat upon the Golden Throne, none would harm his Empire once again...
TheLadyL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d50000,timestamp=2018-03-25T02:15:03.065+0000) > > [[Apologies. In truth, I was unsure you were seeking any interaction as your introduction did not seem to suggest such things, merely a traveler enjoying the city. I have intended this place to serve as an RP location for the city itself, as well as an Ask Thread, so I was not sure of your intent. That said, I suppose I can give you some basic city life in the meantime. And, again, I apologize.]] > > The Shuriman people that inhabited the city were not unlike the many others she might have seen on her way across the seas and into the mainland of the Shuriman continent. However, most of those coastal towns and cities were now controlled by Noxian flags and heraldry. Shurima itself, however, had no such reminders of the empire to the north. Grand structures in the ancient style rose from the lush vegetation springing up from the Oasis of the Dawn to stand tall above the cavernous cliffs on every side. For a historian and archeologist, such sights would be like stepping back in time. Above the city floated the Sun Disk, glimmering brilliantly in the sun and displaying the location of Shurima's heart for miles around. > > The woman would be approached by vendors peddling their wares to all persons who looked like they were not of local birth. Tall tales of the authenticity of small trinkets and jewelry were plentiful, as were brilliant fabrics dyed in rich hues that would look quite fine in the flamboyant culture of Piltover. Most everyone she met would be a simple citizen or denizen of the risen city, tales of the Hawkfather looking down on them and protecting them being whispered through the streets. For a woman of her tastes, the buildings themselves would be ripe with opportunities to learn, tapestries hung along temple walls depicting grand battles and ancient stories to be remembered for the ages. (Nonono! Its perfectly ok! I was kinda wondering if maybe my intro was a bit vague. Just so i know though, How would Lucette come about to meeting Azir?) *Lucette looked around with wide eyes, taking everything in. The colors, the smells, and even the atmosphere. She gently turned down any peddler, saying she would come back later after doing a couple of things. On the list in her head she had two objectives that HAD to be meet before she did anything else. A place to sleep, and to get as close to the Sun Disk as possible. She planned to get as much detail drawn into her notebook so she might make a replica back home. She didn't even want to think of all the time and material it would take to make and finish it. But that thought will have to wait till later. For now She made her way towards the Sun Disk. She had heard many stories on her way there. The most common one was about the Hawkfather. Lucette loved stories, and she loved seeing if they were true or not. There has been stories and gossip from back home that she had both debunked and found true. But she had promised to keep the ones true a secret and to simply leave it as just gossip to everyone else. She'll of course have to attempt to see about that one while she was here. She continued to make her way to the disk*
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d500000000,timestamp=2018-03-25T16:52:12.806+0000) > > (Nonono! Its perfectly ok! I was kinda wondering if maybe my intro was a bit vague. Just so i know though, How would Lucette come about to meeting Azir?) [[I really have no idea. However, if she continues trying to get to the Sun Disk, she might run into something.]] >*Lucette looked around with wide eyes, taking everything in. The colors, the smells, and even the atmosphere. She gently turned down any peddler, saying she would come back later after doing a couple of things. On the list in her head she had two objectives that HAD to be meet before she did anything else. A place to sleep, and to get as close to the Sun Disk as possible. She planned to get as much detail drawn into her notebook so she might make a replica back home. She didn't even want to think of all the time and material it would take to make and finish it. But that thought will have to wait till later. For now She made her way towards the Sun Disk. She had heard many stories on her way there. The most common one was about the Hawkfather. Lucette loved stories, and she loved seeing if they were true or not. There has been stories and gossip from back home that she had both debunked and found true. But she had promised to keep the ones true a secret and to simply leave it as just gossip to everyone else. She'll of course have to attempt to see about that one while she was here. She continued to make her way to the disk* If the young woman sought a place to call home for her stay, she would be capable of finding a few such places within the city. They were far fewer than the residences that had been taken by previous travelers, but profit-wise eyes had staked out several larger buildings for their own use, and converted them into inns or taverns. Should she even desire, it was likely that her Piltovan currency would be worth a room with a view of the Disk itself, though this would come at a significant sum of her wealth, no doubt. If her curiosity instead pushed her to follow a path that lead closer to the Sun Disk, it would not be difficult. All roads lead to Shurima within the Empire. And all roads within the city eventually lead to the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars, and the floating Sun Disk. Getting closer would bring her into contact with something much more alien than what she might have seen in the arcades and thoroughfares of Piltover or Zaun. Strange figures seemed to dot passages and monuments, eyeing the population. They were clothed in golden armor trimmed with crimson and bore spears and helmets. They paid her no mind for the most part, however, as she got ever closer to the palace and the Sun Disk towering above it, she might notice that the stoic figures had begun to watch her...
TheLadyL (NA)
: (Hello?)
> [{quoted}](name=TheLadyL,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d5,timestamp=2018-03-24T04:44:28.373+0000) > > *Lucette hated the heat. With a burning passion. So why was she here in Shurima many would ask? Easy, to see the returned city. To learn its history and And of course gain any inspirations for any new inventions or the such. The short Piltoverian noble had herself wrapped in one of the cloths that many of the city's citizens had. (You know, the really loose cloths) It was a good way to keep the sun off of her fair skin that burned somewhat easily if she wasnt careful, and it was loose enough to keep it breathable. She wasn't wearing anything special underneath it. Just a tank top, some decent length-ed shorts, of course with her smaller utility belt on which had her cane attached to it. It occasionally hitting her leg in a rhythm. She also wore her favorite and comfortable boots. She grinned as her eyes beheld the city. She was excited! She happily walked with the caravan she was traveling with. After they had gotten everything squared away with there coming into the city. She widely waved to the caravan as she went on her way to explore the city. Taking out her notebook she started jotting down of any interest for new ideas of inventions and such,* [[Apologies. In truth, I was unsure you were seeking any interaction as your introduction did not seem to suggest such things, merely a traveler enjoying the city. I have intended this place to serve as an RP location for the city itself, as well as an Ask Thread, so I was not sure of your intent. That said, I suppose I can give you some basic city life in the meantime. And, again, I apologize.]] The Shuriman people that inhabited the city were not unlike the many others she might have seen on her way across the seas and into the mainland of the Shuriman continent. However, most of those coastal towns and cities were now controlled by Noxian flags and heraldry. Shurima itself, however, had no such reminders of the empire to the north. Grand structures in the ancient style rose from the lush vegetation springing up from the Oasis of the Dawn to stand tall above the cavernous cliffs on every side. For a historian and archeologist, such sights would be like stepping back in time. Above the city floated the Sun Disk, glimmering brilliantly in the sun and displaying the location of Shurima's heart for miles around. The woman would be approached by vendors peddling their wares to all persons who looked like they were not of local birth. Tall tales of the authenticity of small trinkets and jewelry were plentiful, as were brilliant fabrics dyed in rich hues that would look quite fine in the flamboyant culture of Piltover. Most everyone she met would be a simple citizen or denizen of the risen city, tales of the Hawkfather looking down on them and protecting them being whispered through the streets. For a woman of her tastes, the buildings themselves would be ripe with opportunities to learn, tapestries hung along temple walls depicting grand battles and ancient stories to be remembered for the ages.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c3000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-13T20:02:42.051+0000) > > _Silence, again. Breathing unsteady, nerves shaking, panic wrestling with confidence.The volume from her nostrils picked up ever so slightly. Her fists clutched ever so slightly tighter. She maintained her eye contact. Her body grew stiff before looking down at Chalicar as he spoke of it. Yes, Chalicar. Her dear Chalicar. Where would she be without it? She stared at it still, examining it as the emperor continued. Feeling the grooves and looking upon her reflection she had seen the little girl who had been left to die so long ago. She watched her grow up before her very eyes with suffering and heartache being overcome through her strength and will accompanied by cunning. She flipped it over to the other side, taking a look at the reflection as she was today before the very emperor she stood before. Tilted, she could view the emperor that boomed._ _She lowered Chalicar back to her side, spinning it once and mentally shaking off her chains. She stood fully confident in herself again for the moment._ "I have come for answers, Emperor of Shurima. I have spent many years dancing with death. I've lost everyone I once loved. I've killed to build up what I never had. In my own right I've become the empress of my own territories. Yet, even still, I feel uncertainty again. I thought I had my future set in stone. I was so sure and confident in that. Then you saved me." _She stepped forward. A pause. With a deep sigh she came closer and stood but two paces from his presence and extended her arm out for him to take Chalicar from her._ "When Cassiopeia murdered me I felt my empire fall apart. I felt everything crumbling down back into the rubble that I had built it up from. I had become that child who lost everything again... When you saved me I didn't know what to feel. It took me a while to understand what made me run. Then I realized something. For the first time in years I felt fear. Everything after caused me so much anxiety. Shurima's capital raises from the sands, the emperor lives again, and even though I had witnessed all before my very eyes before I had heard it I chose not to believe." _Her head lowered, lip bit by the teeth of her mouth. The smell of the pride which she carried dwindled inits prowess. The aura of humbleness drifted outward._ "I have come because I am lost. You are the only one who can help me." _She would move to her knees slowly, bowing before him with eyes swelling with emotion. Reliving everything from birth to death to birth again. Her face pressed against the floor in an attempt to pay her tribute to his presence. To do so she had swallowed her pride and rejected her fear. She gave in to the fact that no matter how much she wanted to fight it she knew that she would have to return to him and accept what had come. She didn't just owe it to him, but to herself and to her followers. She fought to keep herself down. The brief struggle rendered her body limp. Vulnerable._
> [{quoted}](name=Chälicar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c30000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-19T03:32:26.511+0000) > > "I have come for answers, Emperor of Shurima. I have spent many years dancing with death. I've lost everyone I once loved. I've killed to build up what I never had. In my own right I've become the empress of my own territories. Yet, even still, I feel uncertainty again. I thought I had my future set in stone. I was so sure and confident in that. Then you saved me." _She stepped forward. A pause. With a deep sigh she came closer and stood but two paces from his presence and extended her arm out for him to take Chalicar from her._ > > "When Cassiopeia murdered me I felt my empire fall apart. I felt everything crumbling down back into the rubble that I had built it up from. I had become that child who lost everything again... When you saved me I didn't know what to feel. It took me a while to understand what made me run. Then I realized something. For the first time in years I felt fear. Everything after caused me so much anxiety. Shurima's capital raises from the sands, the emperor lives again, and even though I had witnessed all before my very eyes before I had heard it I chose not to believe." > > "I have come because I am lost. You are the only one who can help me." The Emperor was silent as this ancient daughter of his blood bowed before him, as would a slave seeking repentance for a crime against their master. Her words and passion certainly showed. She was a soul as lost as they came, and yet, she was not. Her world had changed, as would the world of many in the coming days and years that lie ahead. When finally she seemed to sulk and humble herself enough, he would reply. "**The place for a daughter of the Sun is not on her knees, it is on her feet.**" He would push back Chalicar from his grasp, returning it to Sivir. "**It is not my place to decide the wielder of such an artifact. Clearly, it has chosen you. It suits you, Child. Now, stand and face the dawn that lies before you.**" He would wait for Sivir to rise back to her feet before he would continue, sunlight still glinting from the golden pieces of his armor, faint metallic sounds ringing quietly from the tassels affixed to his arms as he moved. "**You have come for answers, for guidance. This is no crime worthy of such prostration. As I have said, and sensed, you are the blood of my blood. How this is possible, I do not know, but destiny has bound us together. You may ask your questions, and I shall do my best to answer them.**" Though his form prevented him from smiling or showing any true emotion, it was hard in some ways to stare upon the face of this woman. She looked so much like his wife and young daughter, of things he had believed he had lost forever. Fate had given the both of them second chances at life. Now was the time to use them well.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d1000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-10T19:49:33.347+0000) > > "_They have indeed._" > > A voice would sound from somewhere...around the woman. As the voice bounces about Akasha turns slowly in a circle unsure of just what she's walked into, her eyes have a clever glint in them but she does not reach for her blade. When the sand begins to shift of its own volition she doubts it would have done any good. Going down on one knee she raises her hands to the sun in an ancient gesture of submission once practiced by the Sun Priests of Shurima. **"There are many warriors among my people...but far more elderly and children. I would not leave them unprotected, Your radiance"** She pauses unsure of her next words, in truth she had known inside that the tales of the Hawkfather returned were true. But seeing an avatar of his creation was much different than intuition. **"I have cultivated much power in pursuit of protecting them"**
> [{quoted}](name=CALEB THEBADDEST,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d10000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-11T07:05:29.691+0000) > > As the voice bounces about Akasha turns slowly in a circle unsure of just what she's walked into, her eyes have a clever glint in them but she does not reach for her blade. When the sand begins to shift of its own volition she doubts it would have done any good. Going down on one knee she raises her hands to the sun in an ancient gesture of submission once practiced by the Sun Priests of Shurima. > > **"There are many warriors among my people...but far more elderly and children. I would not leave them unprotected, Your radiance"** > > She pauses unsure of her next words, in truth she had known inside that the tales of the Hawkfather returned were true. But seeing an avatar of his creation was much different than intuition. > > **"I have cultivated much power in pursuit of protecting them"** "_Yes, I sense you have a magical gift that flows through your veins._" The sandy representation of the Emperor spoke as she knelt before him and displayed her respectful gesture. "_For what purpose have you ridden to Shurima? What path has brought you here through the sands?_" It was not an uncommon sight to have wandering tribes arrive at the city gates to camp and trade with those that made Shurima their home. However, most such bands of wanderers did not number so high as the large group of people that had accompanied this woman. Such an exodus required a reason, an intent, and Azir was determined to find out what that reason was.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-26T04:42:37.043+0000) > help mold her future in some way. Shuffling forward into the temple Ranza observed the significant figures of their past, the carvings were eerily familiar to her as if the stone itself had returned from its broken state. _"Powerful magic, I know only one with such power."_ She thought to herself as she entered the throne room taking in the view with a weary gaze for a short moment before shuffling forward again stopping a healthy distance in front of the emperor. Without speaking, she bowed down on one knee paying the proper respect to the emperor before rising and meeting his gaze with her own. "Yes. We do emperor." She stated in response letting Azir continue interrupted she thought about the questions a hand rubbing her chin thoughtfully while contemplating them, a response soon came carried on the tongue of a Shuriman dialect that was similar to Azir's except for some minor differences stemming from their different dialects. "I will not waste your time with idle words emperor. I seek a way to rid myself of this curse but I cannot do it myself, I need resources from someone who can spare them." "I don't expect you to help me for free; I would be willing to pledge myself to your service, my knowledge and whatever you require of me would be yours, the price is of no concern to me." Waving her hand as if to brush the matter aside she stated. "Before we discuss that matter further I will honor your request emperor. If you do not mind, I will sit." Unless Azir objected she would sit down on her knees quietly recalling the tale of her ascension in her mind "In my time there was a great plague taking the lives of our people, we never named it as it swept over our lands so quickly everyone who possessed the ability to read and write was dead within days of the plague reaching the great cities of my time. Even best of us were hopeless to combat this plague; it spread through the water, the air itself with such purpose most believed it was alive. I was known as Razna the healer in that time, but even my magic could not stop this plague, nothing could." "In a move of desperation, the high priests and my followers awakened the power of the sun disc. The plague had not yet reached the capital which gave us enough time to prepare the ceremony properly; I was... heralded as the savior of our people as they brought me up the steps." There was a pause as she remembered walking up the stairs to the sun disc head held high with pride while she looked down at slaves, nobles, soldiers alike encouraging her to take the test of ascension "I remember only a flash of light searing my flesh, shattering my mind. When I woke up, I fled the city after discovering my punishment; I could not see beyond my arrogance, I believed I was betrayed, tricked out of ascension that rightfully belonged to me." Lifting her right hand, she inspected it shortly before returning her attention to Azir. "Betrayed, punished, I do not know the truth, but I know our people survived. You are living proof of that." She pointed a finger at Azir slightest hint of pride in her voice from seeing Shurima's legacy live on in the form of an ascended emperor. In frustration, she half muttered out. "As for the plague and what happened to it, all mentions of it was likely erased from history when a being of pure energy destroyed the capital. I fear that this plague will return to Shurima one day and swallow it, we were not prepared with a united empire in my time, if it happened now... I don't think anything can stop it. If it is not too much to ask I would like to view the records that remain if there is anything left that is."
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-10T15:54:09.706+0000) > > Razna The Emperor would listen to the small creature's tale. He had known of the failed rituals, though they were often few and far between. Old superstitions flowed through the ancient stories about meeting or touching one of the Baccai, or how it would bring ten summers of bad luck upon a soul unfortunate enough to interact with one. It was always said that plague and famine followed in their wake, punishment for their hubris. However, this creature's story painted a different picture. Perhaps she had been arrogant in some way, thought herself deserving of such a gift, and yet, was her heart not in the right place? Was her wish to help her people not unlike his own? When her story finished, Azir would speak. "**It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you I have no such records here. When Xerath destroyed this city, many things were lost, many irreplaceable. What survives exists only in memory, contained within the minds of old ones such as yourself.**" The Emperor shook his head, his golden armor catching the light in the chamber as he did so. "**However, it is not the past that concerns me, but the future of Shurima. Should this plague rise again, there should be one ready and willing to combat it, as well as any other darkness that seeks to strangle the life from the people.**" Azir had heard rumors of the Void stirring in old Icathia and the regions surrounding it. Tales of a prophet had reached his ears as well, and none of these things carried anything but a sense of ominous times ahead. "**Tell me, Lady Razna. If you were to be granted the strength you had once sought, your curse lifted, how would you seek to use it?**"
: My absence was not well announced to my individual partners. For personal reasons I left, but if you would like we can continue where we left off or not. The choice lies with you, emperor.
> [{quoted}](name=Chälicar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d4,timestamp=2018-03-10T03:24:43.383+0000) > > My absence was not well announced to my individual partners. For personal reasons I left, but if you would like we can continue where we left off or not. The choice lies with you, emperor. [[I would be happy to continue our interactions. I have yet to interact fully with a Sivir roleplayer, so it would be a very welcome continuation.]]
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d10000,timestamp=2018-02-26T05:21:07.811+0000) ((that is completely fair given I was a total brat the last time, I look forward to a much more positive interaction this time round)) _"If baba could see me now"_ The thought of how foolish she's being by walking into unknown territory crosses her mind only briefly before she continues forward. As she steps into the city a thrum of energy courses up her spine, her eyes roving across the mighty structures all around her. The recognition and nerves in the eyes of the common folk is not a strange sight to her, her weapons and tall headdress can't be making her entrance any less worrying. She had thought of being accompanied by a few soldiers at least but if the ancient tales were true she would rather not be seen as a threat against the newly risen Emperor. The gleam of the Sun Disk strikes a chord of familiarity in her, she'd had a vision of it climbing back into the sky although it is infinitely more beautiful in person. Saying a quick prayer to The Mother she stands and the base of the steps eyeing the guards to either side warily. Her blade hand twitches at the sight of their burnished spears but she ignores the instinct, years of struggling to keep her people safe have made her tense. She begins her ascent towards the palace high above her head held high, her posture is regal but her movements are that of a warrior. Graceful yet tensed to spring at any moment. Following the hum of power she makes her way to the Palace's entrance and pauses. While she does not think she should be greeted personally Akasha is far too wise to simply walk into the Hawkfather's dwelling without some sense of approval. **"The Palace of Ten Thousand Pillars risen from the sand...great things have been put into motion..."**
> [{quoted}](name=CALEB THEBADDEST,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d100000000,timestamp=2018-02-26T14:16:36.799+0000) > > ((that is completely fair given I was a total brat the last time, I look forward to a much more positive interaction this time round)) > > **"The Palace of Ten Thousand Pillars risen from the sand...great things have been put into motion..."** "_They have indeed._" A voice would sound from somewhere...around the woman. It was ethereal, yet commanding, though it lacked the deep bass one might normally associate with the Emperor. As the woman looked on, sand began to rise faintly from the ground around the palace, until it merged and rose together into a form, not dissimilar from the sand soldiers guarding the palace and city streets. This one, however, appeared completely different in shape, instead bearing the likeness of the Emperor himself. It was less personal than allowing visitors into the palace to meet him face to face, but it was also much easier, and did not require that visitors make their way through the halls flanked by guards and moved through sensitive locations. The form's eyes glowed with solar energy, the only sign that this was something beyond the otherwise plain arisen standing watch. "_The people of Shurima shrink before you, and you have the stance of one who has much blood on their hands. Yet, I sense an energy about you._" The sandy construct paused, turning its head to the side faintly. "_Tell me, stranger, why have you come to Shurima flanked by warriors?_"
: ((Hi I was wondering if Azir would be interested in meeting with a [priestess](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4sYV93aJv1_OvtoLVZXe_lccBbPV1-dEQGIhMtkemM/edit?usp=sharing)/ technically a Warlord? She has a rather significant number of common folk under her who would benefit from the safety of the mighty City's walls. Perhaps (if she's lucky and worthy) she could assist Azir in an advisory position through her visions? )) The sun beats down upon the Capital city of Shurima as a sandstorm rises in the distance, or at least it appears at first to be a sandstorm. To those with observant abilities the sound men and women whooping in cries of joy at the great city raised from the sands. As they move closer it is clear that a caravan of some sort is striding towards the gates the drum beats marking them as Rabaara tribesman. Typically they do not wander so far but the massive Ralsiji (and more accurately it's rider) at the front of the party makes them unmistakable . A covered palanquin strapped to the beasts back seems strange given their usual aggressive nature and unwillingness to be ridden. When the party arrives at the gates they halt allowing the dust to settle about them The great creature folds it's legs beneath it creating a resounding boom of air and displaced sand. A ladder of woven reeds is unrolled down the side and from a parting in the fabric a woman appears. Her bearing is graceful and proud as she slides to the ground with the speed of one who has done so many times. The fabric trailing behind her fluttering in the hot wind while she raises a clenched fist. At the signal the sound of her warband and tribesman hushes as if swallowed up by the Desert. Marching forward Akasha would halt if stopped by a guard otherwise she strides through the gates leaving her men behind .
> [{quoted}](name=CALEB THEBADDEST,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00d1,timestamp=2018-02-24T08:21:59.177+0000) > > Marching forward Akasha would halt if stopped by a guard otherwise she strides through the gates leaving her men behind . [[I am hesitant given the nature of our past dealings, however, as I do not have many options, I will give you a chance. Let us see if she makes a better impression than previous characters.]] What amounted to a warband marching through the sands to the capital city was something to which the Emperor's attention would easily be drawn. Hundreds of pairs of feet moving in unison and the heavy footfalls of many beasts would mark their approach, and his awareness extended far beyond the city itself. Luckily, the warband halted before they could take hostile action, else they would have found themselves overrun by endless waves of Shurima's guardians under command of the Emperor himself. When only one entity made their way forward, Azir would wait, quietly, to see what actions were taken by this individual. Were they the leader? A scout? Perhaps an emissary? His powers did not extend easily into the concrete nature of things, but he could sense a faint signature of magic coursing through this being, whoever they were. The common folk of Shurima, however, knew who this woman was immediately. They had heard tales of the warband and their leader with the silver lines across her skin. They knew enough to understand that they were safe within the city walls, as their faith in the power of the Hawkfather was stronger than their fears of one outsider. His eyes were everywhere, after all, a fact that they remembered due to the forms of sand soldiers dotting the city. She was known for her kindness, but also her brutal ferocity, and the fact that she was here in the capital could possibly mean trouble. As a result, many of the civilians kept their distance, watching, keeping to themselves and speaking in quieted tones as the woman made her way through the city streets alone.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-14T03:27:21.702+0000) > Birb. The baccai eventually found herself face to face with the sand soldier while wandering aimlessly in the desert. "Not a slave?" She mused deconstructing the sand figure with her eyes at the same time finding herself waving once at it finding the point of the gesture to be lost almost immediately as the inanimate being couldn't react back. Taking the scroll with a light bow as a 'thank you' of some sorts she resumed her slow but sure pace reading the scroll at the same time. "Has mother sun blessed me with her light after all these years?" Pocketing it for later use she glanced up at the sun squinting from the harsh light. "Thank you." Stopping she fell to her knees performing a small religious gesture before picking herself off the ground heading for the closest town in order to send a message using magic she disguised herself to the villagers as an elderly woman. Before she arrived at the reborn capital a message arrived for Azir similar to the one first sent to him. Azir of Shurima, I thank for this opportunity along with a warning, I carry a curse within myself I do not know its name but I refer to it as 'the rot'. When I come in close contact with objects or living beings they wither away slowly, people I have met in my travels describe the sensation similar to a headache or physical pain sometimes both after being in close proximity to me. My knowledge regarding how it works is limited but I can assure you it can't be transmitted or made to infect people. If that were the case I would never have sought an audience as my people have suffered enough from my mistakes. Still, I cannot claim this curse is harmless or that I can truly control it. I can only give you my word that I would sooner die than to harm anyone under your protection. If you have mages I recommend having them meet me at the palace of ten thousand pillars. A precaution for both our sakes. I will be arriving in one day at the sun's highest point. -Razna. (A small map of the reborn city lies inside the letter showing the way Razna intended to take, it seemed she intentionally choose one of the parts of the city still under construction where little to no people hanged around.) ---- A day after as the sun drew closer to noon a small creature covered in baggy clothing shuffled forward entering the city through the ancient sewers, with the sun almost at the highest point Razna finally found her way out of the sewers coming out near the palace of ten thousand pillars she pushed forward undeterred wondering if a spear or a spell would first greet her. Despite her cynical view of the situation she couldn't help but marvel seeing the temple in its glory after all these years, it wasn't that long ago when it was but ash and ruins yet here it was almost perfectly reconstructed from the sands that once swallowed it. It seemed the emperor really had gained the ascension he had sought so long ago, in another life she might even have been jealous that Azir not only escaped oblivion but gained the very thing from the sun disc that cursed her, turned her into a monstrous creature. Instead, she simply glanced at sun disc reminiscing shortly on what was never meant to be. Once again heading for the temple she wondered if it was a wise idea to just walk inside, she shrugged off the thought as it came to her and continued walking towards the building entering it unless the sand guards attempted to stop her approach, in that case, she would wait until she was given permission to enter.
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-15T18:13:14.754+0000) > > A day after as the sun drew closer to noon a small creature covered in baggy clothing shuffled forward entering the city through the ancient sewers, with the sun almost at the highest point Razna finally found her way out of the sewers coming out near the palace of ten thousand pillars she pushed forward undeterred wondering if a spear or a spell would first greet her. > > Despite her cynical view of the situation she couldn't help but marvel seeing the temple in its glory after all these years, it wasn't that long ago when it was but ash and ruins yet here it was almost perfectly reconstructed from the sands that once swallowed it. It seemed the emperor really had gained the ascension he had sought so long ago, in another life she might even have been jealous that Azir not only escaped oblivion but gained the very thing from the sun disc that cursed her, turned her into a monstrous creature. Instead, she simply glanced at sun disc reminiscing shortly on what was never meant to be. > > Once again heading for the temple she wondered if it was a wise idea to just walk inside, she shrugged off the thought as it came to her and continued walking towards the building entering it unless the sand guards attempted to stop her approach, in that case, she would wait until she was given permission to enter. The figure would find her route strangely free from civilians, alleyways instead guarded by the same sort of sand soldier that had given her the scroll that bore her invitation to this place. In a way, she had her own private path to the palace, and her own set of guardians. When she reached the foot of the palace steps, she would see it lined with sand soldiers, those in front motioning for her to ascend. The sights within the palace itself would bring back old memories from times long past. Carvings and reliefs of long-dead kings and emperors, warriors, poets, statesmen, all sons and daughters of Shurima, marked the walls, and tapestries seemed to have been spun as if from nothing. This was very much the home she might have once known, as if made whole once again by the twisting of time. Eventually, she would arrive at the throne room, escorted by the sand soldiers once more. Soon, they would pause, inviting her to continue ahead to where she would glimpse the golden form of Azir for herself. He was perched atop the throne, scepter in hand, and looked every bit as regal as his name and title would suggest. With a slight tilt of his head, his glowing eyes rested upon the small form before him, and he would speak. "**Lady Razna, I presume. We shall have much to discuss.**" He paused a moment as if thinking something over. "**Tell me, what is it you wish to accomplish by meeting with me, and, perhaps of more importance, tell me of your Ascension...**" Many powers were granted to those like Azir, and he stood powerful even among other Ascended. If he understood the happenings of her past, then perhaps he could help mold her future in some way.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c800000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-07T23:31:53.963+0000) > "**Tell me, Ascended Warrior, for what reason do you visit and request the ear of the Emperor of Shurima?**" Mevas would bow his head and then rise to his full height. The flames upon his wings, inante parts of his new form flared slightly as he relaxed slightly. "I would like to know, if i could serve as an ambassador. My ability of flight, would allow me to serve as a messenger for you. I was... unable to serve the emperor in my time, and with this form i feel i must do something with it. " {i suck, i know, i'm very sorry}
> [{quoted}](name=TheMountanSmith,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c8000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-08T16:05:34.456+0000) > > Mevas would bow his head and then rise to his full height. The flames upon his wings, innate parts of his new form flared slightly as he relaxed slightly. > > "I would like to know, if i could serve as an ambassador. My ability of flight, would allow me to serve as a messenger for you. I was... unable to serve the emperor in my time, and with this form i feel i must do something with it. " The Emperor nodded, listening to the entity's story. His rise had gathered the attention of many of the ancient ones still roaming the desert. He had the guardian golem acting as a messenger already, however, having a being capable of flight, able to carry his messages beyond the reaches of the sands themselves, would be a great boon to his empire. After a moment of consideration, Azir would speak and reply to Mevas' request. "**Your request is one that suits the needs of the Empire, Warrior Mevas. Your Emperor would see that your skills are put to use in the days to come. Your request is granted.**" Azir would rise from his place and walk to regard Mevas. "**Henceforth, you shall be known as the Wings of Shurima, and serve the people by serving the interests of the Empire as my messenger.**"
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf0000,timestamp=2018-02-01T02:16:21.759+0000) > ((Cool beans.)) A mysterious letter arrived for the emperor the seal of a city long lost to the sands marking it. The letter itself was unremarkable except for a strange uncomfortable texture to the touch. The words were written in an ancient dialect but Azir would likely be able to make out most of the letter. Azir of Shurima, I am Razna one of the failed ascended still alive to this day I write this letter to you because the sands whisper your name they tell me that Azir once former emperor of Shurima has been restored to life, granted ascension from his noble deeds. I do not know if you are who you say you are but I have seen the sun disc and it's light bathe the silent city once more. Only someone worthy could possibly raise the city from darkness once more which brings me to my humble request. My history is gone, my former home little more than sand. I have wandered the desert for centuries seeking final death under the mother suns gaze for my arrogance. Death has not come to me yet which has made me come to the belief that the mother sun has another destiny for me. Redemption perhaps, maybe something else. All I know is that the reborn city calls to me. I seek an audience with you Azir of Shurima I may not be worthy to stand before a true ascended but I hope you consider my request. -Razna.
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf00000000,timestamp=2018-02-01T14:42:39.030+0000) > > Razna. It would take time, but eventually, the baccai would find herself face to face with a soldier made of sand. The being had risen from the desert before her, almost as if summoned. In its hand it bore a papyrus scroll which it would offer to her wordlessly. Upon taking the scroll, the sand soldier would vanish, returning to idle sand grains from whence it came. The scroll was ornate, and written in the old tongue of Shurima since lost to all but the oldest and most educated scholars. _Razna,_ _The Emperor of Shurima greets you. As you have witnessed, the glory of the golden city has risen from the entombing sands of the past, and I, Azir, the Golden Sun, have returned to bring prosperity to all who call Shurima their home. I know not your story, but I know that all who would serve Shurima are welcome within its capital. Perhaps your suffering throughout the ages was meant as a warning or lesson, but as the sun sets, it also rises each day. I await your arrival at the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars. We shall have much to discuss._ _Emperor of Shurima, the Golden Sun, Beloved of Mother Desert_
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
At the very edges of his reach, the sands whispered a warning. On the fringes of Shurima's borders word of a tyrant slipped along the ether. Azir's golden eyes narrowed. Something was happening far to the north in the empire that tried to gather Shuriman lands for its own, dark forces rising. For the time being there was little he could do, what with Xerath's minions stalking the desert just out of his perception, just out of reach. However, he was patient, eternally so. The time for countering this darkness would come. And when it did, the might of Shurima would be brought to bear in all its glory...
: ((Heya before I start anything I thought I'd ask if Azir would be willing to meet a baccai. Profile below. If you are concerned about the rot ability don't worry I don't really intend to use it since Razna isn't evil. I also kept the backstory somewhat vague to preserve some mystery but i'd be happy to clarify anything ooc'ly. )) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WTVc7bUIoWLO73mBB_T5NRtXa_SOpi6KOYjCfdtRRkc/edit?usp=sharing
> [{quoted}](name=Arbiter Akali,realm=EUW,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cf,timestamp=2018-01-24T16:27:28.757+0000) > > ((Heya before I start anything I thought I'd ask if Azir would be willing to meet a baccai. Profile below. > > If you are concerned about the rot ability don't worry I don't really intend to use it since Razna isn't evil. I also kept the backstory somewhat vague to preserve some mystery but i'd be happy to clarify anything ooc'ly. )) > > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WTVc7bUIoWLO73mBB_T5NRtXa_SOpi6KOYjCfdtRRkc/edit?usp=sharing [[I would not mind such an interaction. As you can see, I don't have a great deal to choose from as it stands, so I would welcome the opportunity.]]
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
The Emperor had a great many things to consider, and all the time in the world to consider them. Words of a strange disease borne by rodents had reached him, and rumors of a secret attack by a land to the north were being spread among the camps and caravans as they traveled the desert. Stranger still were tellings of an uprising in the empire across the sea, and turmoil in the streets over the rise of their ruler. How odd that Shurima seemed so far disconnected from the ravages of the rest of the world. Most immediate on the emperor's mind, of course, was the ascended magus Xerath, and what machinations he still had brewing in the wastes beyond where his own influence could reach.
: ((Hello! I would like to inquire a visit but I am unsure as to where Azir would allow Taliyah to meet him or if she is even seen in a good eye considering her presumptuous believing that his empire is but an old tombstone. Let me know if you have any preferences or if she just walk up to his temple.Your call!))
> [{quoted}](name=SHURIMAN SPARR0W,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cc,timestamp=2018-01-12T09:05:28.657+0000) > > ((Hello! I would like to inquire a visit but I am unsure as to where Azir would allow Taliyah to meet him or if she is even seen in a good eye considering her presumptuous believing that his empire is but an old tombstone. Let me know if you have any preferences or if she just walk up to his temple.Your call!)) [[I would be delighted to have the Emperor meet Taliyah. As it stands, I do not believe he even knows who she is, or has ever met her. If you desire to have her meet him, you may do so as you see fit. I do not stand on ceremony, and I enjoy letting others paint their own story and entrance that suits their portrayal. I happily welcome your entrance and our future encounter.]]
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-07T23:27:04.364+0000) > > [[I am not sure of how to progress this further, but I wished to reply regardless to let you know I have seen it, and am aware of it. As long as Ryze does not cause problems for him or his people, Azir is not likely to involve himself with the scroll or the Rune Mage.]] (( Honestly, I'm surprised that you allowed me to go for as long as I have. Ultimately, I don't think our respective champions will ever meet face-to-face but only because of how cautious and paranoid Ryze is. Do you want me to keep going, though? ))
> [{quoted}](name=AsktheRuneMage,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-10T21:12:15.173+0000) > > (( Honestly, I'm surprised that you allowed me to go for as long as I have. Ultimately, I don't think our respective champions will ever meet face-to-face but only because of how cautious and paranoid Ryze is. Do you want me to keep going, though? )) [[It is entirely up to you. I meant for this thread to also serve as a roleplaying hub for the city of Shurima when I created it, to allow me more control over the development. Not everything has to be tied to Azir. I am perfectly content to allow you to continue your explorations as you please. Shurima is yours to explore.]]
: For years, life within the vast desert was dormant and bare, not much more than the pattering of insects, scorpions, and other lesser beings scavenging among the sands digging through what was left of a once beloved place. Over time, people returned to the once glorified empire of Shurima that only insects filled, and with it returned each of the mammals that inhabited this part of the Earth with the humans. Through the ruin and wastes created by Shurima's absence, rodent life returned to the sands. Kangaroo rats, often afflicted with various illnesses or diseases brought by other locations, formed burrows through deeper parts of the sand and tombs below which connected to other burrows from near and far. Such expeditions between the surrounding areas of Shurima normally took days for the underground species to travel between each other. As the people settled, so did rodent life once again. [Kangaroo rats](https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/10/17/science/12SCI-TAKE-kangaroorat/12SCI-TAKE-kangaroorat-facebookJumbo.jpg) surfaced across every corner of each city, and even the Capital couldn't be without such mammal life without having to lay waste to them if need be. Still, the rats were abundant now far more than they were in the Empire--and Emperor Azir's--absence, in the end causing a chain of events. Different types of these rodents traveled near the borders and waters of Bel'zhun, connecting to both the further Kumangra, and the areas closer to the heart of Shurima. These connections most often stemmed from lands bordering Piltover, and not much further in the West and East. Noxians brought with them such rodent life when their travels took them to Bel'zhun, and less commonly to their other controlled holds of Shurima. Oddly, however...the rats became far more active in recent days than ever. As if organized to do so, the rats burrowing away underneath traveled much more frequently each day. Strange mutations and a shorter lifespan were also side effects of their continued travel, and by the time any of the rodents made it to Shurima's Capital, they had either expired due to such plague, or become an infested nuisance to anything around them and wasted away soon after. Surely the people knew, and surely some were afflicted by it. Unbeknownst to many of them, the very source of most of this plague and the seemingly organized travel of the species of rat was a single city. Not only what its people commonly spilled in chaos and poisoned the species with, but with the whispers of a single leader behind them all. Even Bilgewater's foul bilgerats could be found scampering among them, and only rarely were they found successful in the path to Shurima. If one were to examine even a single of these rats...perhaps they could see the mark some batch of them held. As if etched into the skin and flesh of the tiny beasts, a small amount of fur would be missing in a single spot along their bodies, signs of a burn, however done so in the form of a [symbol](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/9/93/Zaun_Crest_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20161117062823). Not all claimed this icon, however enough to take the notice of the people who roamed Shurima's lands, and certainly, though perhaps rare, within the Shuriman Capital. If anything, it could be certain where this symbol originated.
> [{quoted}](name=Gentleman Twitch,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00cb,timestamp=2018-01-08T22:11:51.123+0000) > > If anything, it could be certain where this symbol originated. [[I really have no idea how to respond to this very detailed post of yours. If you have some ideas of your own on what could transpire, I would greatly enjoy hearing them.]]
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c8000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-26T22:19:43.623+0000)"**I had sensed the presence of another blessed by the Sun, but I did not expect a visit so abruptly.**" The way he moved, it was clear Azir was of royal blood. His stance and poise were graceful, yet carried the weight of rulership in every step and movement. "**I have known many of the Ascended Host, but I have not known of one with your description.**" Azir paused, regarding this stranger in his midst. > "**I would know your name.**" Revas stared at the king reborn, and waited before responding, examining this new Emperor and thinking out what he intended on saying. Slowly he folded his wings in behind him, the fire dimming to a faint red, as if only embers remained. Coughing to clear his throat, he spoke, not in shuriman but in the common language. Hesitating, Revas entered a slight bow, bowing at the waist and adjusting so he didn't tip over. **"My name... is Mevas. I am... from before your time I think. I was in another realm, another plane and so I was not here. It is likely.. Shurima forgot about me.** There was more unsaid, a tenseness and a guilt that leaked through his words as he gazed at the current emperors feet.
> [{quoted}](name=TheMountanSmith,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c80000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T17:43:14.009+0000) > > Revas stared at the king reborn, and waited before responding, examining this new Emperor and thinking out what he intended on saying. Slowly he folded his wings in behind him, the fire dimming to a faint red, as if only embers remained. Coughing to clear his throat, he spoke, not in shuriman but in the common language. Hesitating, Revas entered a slight bow, bowing at the waist and adjusting so he didn't tip over. > > **"My name... is Mevas. I am... from before your time I think. I was in another realm, another plane and so I was not here. It is likely.. Shurima forgot about me.** > > There was more unsaid, a tenseness and a guilt that leaked through his words as he gazed at the current emperors feet. "**Many warriors and their names and deeds have been lost to the desert. You may rise, Mevas.**" The Emperor would motion for the entity to stand and consider the situation. He didn't know anything about this entity, only that they had shown up with no announcement or invitation. Perhaps they had heard of the revival of the Empire or the capital city and wished to see for themselves what had become of things. Either way, the Emperor had many questions, few answers, and less time. "**Tell me, Ascended Warrior, for what reason do you visit and request the ear of the Emperor of Shurima?**"
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca00000000,timestamp=2017-12-26T22:09:58.641+0000) > > Azir *The Rune Mage continued to meander about. Well, not so much meander as he just put more distance between himself and the heart of the capital. Although he kept to the shadows for the most part, he couldn't avoid all of the sentries that were comprised of sand and....arcane energy. His face contorted into a sneer of disdain. These soldiers that were nothing more than constructs born of the will of their Emperor, but the arcane energy he sensed from them was similar to that of the surge of magical power that had brought him here. Or rather, it was but one of a set of energies that had contributed to the flux. He didn't like what he was sensing, but what to do? Did he dare to demand an audience with the reborn Emperor? He couldn't deny his curiosity as to what transpired, but it wasn't really his place to pry when it was now over and done with. He sighed, disgruntled, and ultimately continued on his way.* *Azir could not be made aware of the scroll in his possession. Those with authority often made plays for powers that were not theirs to command, and he didn't trust the Ascended ruler at all.*
> [{quoted}](name=AsktheRuneMage,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-30T19:53:59.039+0000) > > *The Rune Mage continued to meander about. Well, not so much meander as he just put more distance between himself and the heart of the capital. Although he kept to the shadows for the most part, he couldn't avoid all of the sentries that were comprised of sand and....arcane energy. His face contorted into a sneer of disdain. These soldiers that were nothing more than constructs born of the will of their Emperor, but the arcane energy he sensed from them was similar to that of the surge of magical power that had brought him here. Or rather, it was but one of a set of energies that had contributed to the flux. He didn't like what he was sensing, but what to do? Did he dare to demand an audience with the reborn Emperor? He couldn't deny his curiosity as to what transpired, but it wasn't really his place to pry when it was now over and done with. He sighed, disgruntled, and ultimately continued on his way.* > > *Azir could not be made aware of the scroll in his possession. Those with authority often made plays for powers that were not theirs to command, and he didn't trust the Ascended ruler at all.* [[I am not sure of how to progress this further, but I wished to reply regardless to let you know I have seen it, and am aware of it. As long as Ryze does not cause problems for him or his people, Azir is not likely to involve himself with the scroll or the Rune Mage.]]
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c80000,timestamp=2017-12-03T05:33:47.605+0000) > > [[Apologies. The holidays have been heavy on my time. Thank you for being patient with me. As it stands, I do not have very much to work from based on your entrance, but I will do my best.]] > The grand form of the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars rose defiantly from the sands around the city, a citadel of golden stone and polished rock, lined with greenery and rich with life and cascading falls of rumbling water. All who would gaze upon it would be struck by its beauty, and the majesty of the titanic golden form slowly hovering above it. > As the stranger landed in the city, the Arisen, the Sand Soldiers of Azir, stoic guardians of Shurima, would simultaneously turn to face the mighty magical being of ancient times. They had no words, but their featureless faces and distant gazes told of an eerie sort of autonomous function, and a strange awareness of their surroundings. They took no hostile action, drew no weapons, but their heads were fixed, unmoving, unblinking, upon the strange new arrival. {Same, holidays are rough on those who work retail.} Mevas gazed at the palace and his eyes furrowed. It was familiar, snippets of memory flickering through, him moving through and healing a child long ago, only to find out there would be no saving them. The entire city was familiar and nostalgic, but very different as well. Things were cracked and certain building there that wern't before. The gaurds were different too. He could sense the magic in them, feel it and he could sense the lack of life within. Some would call it a mockery, but Mevas knew better, golems are important after all for safety. He moved through the city, seeing a few of the civilians, hearing the gasps of shock and a few of recognition, not of whom he was but rather _what_ he was. As he drew near to a shop, offering some plants that had only recently begun to bloom thanks to Azir returning the oasis' waters, the plants grew slightly taller and those not in blossom did. Hushed whispers echo'd around him, and finally his gaze shifted to that of the palace again. Would the current emperor be kind and just? Would they be power hungry? Would Mevas be punished for his theft all those years ago, his one clear memory from those times. A weight was settled in his chest, a guilt that had never gone away, only hidden itself. Perhaps he would be punished, and after all he'd deserve it. But perhaps he wouldn't be, as long as he helped out. Mevas' thoughts were muddled and he spread his wings, silently taking off and heading towards the palace, near a balcony meant to overlook most of the city. Very little sand or dust was kicked up by his take off, and he moved to approach one that might have some answers for lingering questions.
> [{quoted}](name=TheMountanSmith,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c800000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T15:27:09.822+0000) > > {Same, holidays are rough on those who work retail.} > > Mevas gazed at the palace and his eyes furrowed. It was familiar, snippets of memory flickering through, him moving through and healing a child long ago, only to find out there would be no saving them. The entire city was familiar and nostalgic, but very different as well. Things were cracked and certain building there that wern't before. The gaurds were different too. > > He could sense the magic in them, feel it and he could sense the lack of life within. Some would call it a mockery, but Mevas knew better, golems are important after all for safety. He moved through the city, seeing a few of the civilians, hearing the gasps of shock and a few of recognition, not of whom he was but rather _what_ he was. As he drew near to a shop, offering some plants that had only recently begun to bloom thanks to Azir returning the oasis' waters, the plants grew slightly taller and those not in blossom did. Hushed whispers echo'd around him, and finally his gaze shifted to that of the palace again. > > Would the current emperor be kind and just? Would they be power hungry? Would Mevas be punished for his theft all those years ago, his one clear memory from those times. A weight was settled in his chest, a guilt that had never gone away, only hidden itself. Perhaps he would be punished, and after all he'd deserve it. But perhaps he wouldn't be, as long as he helped out. > > Mevas' thoughts were muddled and he spread his wings, silently taking off and heading towards the palace, near a balcony meant to overlook most of the city. Very little sand or dust was kicked up by his take off, and he moved to approach one that might have some answers for lingering questions. The ancient one would arrive upon the balcony, his eyes greeted by the extravagance of the risen palace. The same lifeless forms from before would turn to hold him in their gaze as he landed, but did not move to intercept. In the middle of the room sat the Emperor himself, clad in shimmering golden armor and adorned in the colors of the sun and sunset. As the old Ascended was watched by the Arisen, Azir would rise from his throne, armor ringing faintly, the scepter of kings grasped firmly. "**I had sensed the presence of another blessed by the Sun, but I did not expect a visit so abruptly.**" The way he moved, it was clear Azir was of royal blood. His stance and poise were graceful, yet carried the weight of rulership in every step and movement. "**I have known many of the Ascended Host, but I have not known of one with your description.**" Azir paused, regarding this stranger in his midst. "**I would know your name.**"
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca,timestamp=2017-12-15T05:16:21.731+0000) > > Shurima was no stranger to the visitations from powerful or mysterious persons. The desert had a way of hiding things from those who sought them. Treasures, identities, answers to questions long since forgotten, they all lay buried beneath the sands, or hidden away in the back room of a trader's shop. The Rune Mage would find little evidence of World Runes here, though the source of power emanating from the Sun Disk was clear to sense for those of the magically inclined persuasion. (( If you don't mind my asking, would Azir become aware of Ryze's presence? )) *He could feel the immense magical power originating from the Sun Disk that was raised up high in the center of the capital, where he presumed the palace of the emperor must have resided. He had never met Azir, though he had heard of him, but he had experienced Shurima's great and majestic bounty before it had become a desert wasteland. Would the empire return to its original status as a world power, or was it fated to only be a shell of its former self? Ryze didn't know, nor did he care to ponder. He watched as the people, bathed in the rays of the afternoon sun, passed him by without a second thought and went about their daily lives.* *There were so many faces. The archmage didn't bother to memorize any of them. He would likely outlive them if the runes didn't tear him apart or wipe him from existence. Folding his arms across his chest, he leaned back against the wall of a nearby building, a shadow cast over the upper half of his form which anyone else would have appreciated. The temperature didn't mean much to him. Should he go pay the Emperor a visit? How often did Azir come out into the public view now that the city was growing rapidly? How long should he stick around? He couldn't deny being morbidly curious about the Sun Disk's power, but it did not seem to have any connections to the World Runes....*
> [{quoted}](name=AsktheRuneMage,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00ca0000,timestamp=2017-12-18T00:03:36.429+0000) > > (( If you don't mind my asking, would Azir become aware of Ryze's presence? )) > > *He could feel the immense magical power originating from the Sun Disk that was raised up high in the center of the capital, where he presumed the palace of the emperor must have resided. He had never met Azir, though he had heard of him, but he had experienced Shurima's great and majestic bounty before it had become a desert wasteland. Would the empire return to its original status as a world power, or was it fated to only be a shell of its former self? Ryze didn't know, nor did he care to ponder. He watched as the people, bathed in the rays of the afternoon sun, passed him by without a second thought and went about their daily lives.* > > *There were so many faces. The archmage didn't bother to memorize any of them. He would likely outlive them if the runes didn't tear him apart or wipe him from existence. Folding his arms across his chest, he leaned back against the wall of a nearby building, a shadow cast over the upper half of his form which anyone else would have appreciated. The temperature didn't mean much to him. Should he go pay the Emperor a visit? How often did Azir come out into the public view now that the city was growing rapidly? How long should he stick around? He couldn't deny being morbidly curious about the Sun Disk's power, but it did not seem to have any connections to the World Runes....* [[He would detect the magical energy from Ryze, but as long as he refrains from causing issues, he would not get involved. He has many things to occupy his time.]] The Rune Mage would spy the eerie forms of the Arisen watching him as he wandered through the city streets. The guardians made no effort to halt his progress, but it was clear that whatever force commanded them had a vested interest on keeping the mage beneath their watchful gaze. The citizens of Shurima seemed to treat the sand soldiers with a modicum of wary respect. They stood as guards would, but did not interact with the people, instead merely standing at the ready, only their heads moving to regard different persons. For one so attuned to magic, it would be clear to the Rune Mage that these were constructs, artificial and completely commanded by arcane power from their master.
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
Shurima was no stranger to the visitations from powerful or mysterious persons. The desert had a way of hiding things from those who sought them. Treasures, identities, answers to questions long since forgotten, they all lay buried beneath the sands, or hidden away in the back room of a trader's shop. The Rune Mage would find little evidence of World Runes here, though the source of power emanating from the Sun Disk was clear to sense for those of the magically inclined persuasion.
: [Mevas](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BNLy-j9gXzoAf_NoeT7zMF6eO-_Euo7joMowuu1BFIs/edit?usp=sharing) had been spending most of his time in the Demacian plains, helping those in need and exacting a cruel sort of justice on the wicked that he found. He would offer safety to hunting parties, and trade stories of another place with children. However one day an elderly woman stopped him, and asked why an Ascended was so far from Shurima. Mevas answered her with the truth, that the vast majority of his memories were gone, only fragments left. The elderly lady simply smiled and hustled to to her home, bringing Mevas with her. She told him stories about Shurima, revealing that she was once a little girl there but fell in love with a Demacian trader. She confessed her husband had passed away recently, a sickness that claimed even ones memories had taken him. Providing him with a map, she tapped the location of Shurima and asked if Mevas would take her to see the great city which had recently arisen. She felt she had not much time, and wanted to see the legendary city one time, before her passing. Mevas, touched and moved by the old woman bowed his head, and allowed himself to be fitted with a saddle. The flight was swift and easy, Mevas' phoenix flames and control with wind making the flight an easy one for his passenger. Unknown to her he had used some of his healing magic upon her as she rested, simply to extend her life and ward off sickness. The flight would take several hours due to requiring that he maintain a low speed, and by the time he arrived dawn was approaching, lighting the city in it's golden rays. Upon seeing it, memories would flash through Mevas' mind, long gone and distant but brief flickers of a time long past. "I remember... too little." Landing at the main city, he gently deposited the elderly woman, and turned his gaze to the palace. He felt something there, a strange kinship and belonging, but also something else. He wasn't sure what it was. Fear? Loyalty? They were too distant for memory to suffice, and so he simply stared. {Hi there! I jsut noticed we had an Azir thread, so i decided to drop Mevas by. I should mention, he is MUUUUCH older than Azir, close to around Amumu's time in shurima. It's all explained in his background, btu i wanted to put that here. TL'DR, Mevas is an Ascended Phoenix with magic over fire life and wind, and is an ascended that wouldn't be documented. please add me on discord Ashendorae#6326}
> [{quoted}](name=TheMountanSmith,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c8,timestamp=2017-11-22T13:36:48.316+0000) > > Landing at the main city, he gently deposited the elderly woman, and turned his gaze to the palace. He felt something there, a strange kinship and belonging, but also something else. He wasn't sure what it was. Fear? Loyalty? They were too distant for memory to suffice, and so he simply stared. [[Apologies. The holidays have been heavy on my time. Thank you for being patient with me. As it stands, I do not have very much to work from based on your entrance, but I will do my best.]] The grand form of the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars rose defiantly from the sands around the city, a citadel of golden stone and polished rock, lined with greenery and rich with life and cascading falls of rumbling water. All who would gaze upon it would be struck by its beauty, and the majesty of the titanic golden form slowly hovering above it. As the stranger landed in the city, the Arisen, the Sand Soldiers of Azir, stoic guardians of Shurima, would simultaneously turn to face the mighty magical being of ancient times. They had no words, but their featureless faces and distant gazes told of an eerie sort of autonomous function, and a strange awareness of their surroundings. They took no hostile action, drew no weapons, but their heads were fixed, unmoving, unblinking, upon the strange new arrival. It would seem that he was being judged, but by what or whom, that was unknown to him...
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
The Emperor stood on the balcony of the palace of ten-thousand pillars overlooking the city and desert beyond. His thoughts turned to many things. What plots did Xerath have in store for him and the rest of Shurima? Was the blood of his blood doing well? And what of the Ascended that still roamed the land? So many questions, so little time to seek out the answers. They would have to wait, for his people still needed him and his leadership. After all, Shurima had to come first.
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
[[I wonder where Sivir went. I am still here, however, my watch over the sands eternal.]]
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
[[The Emperor Bumps up his thread as he bumped up Shurima from the sands.]]
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c30000,timestamp=2017-10-02T21:41:11.955+0000) > > (I must say, it is incredible to engage with someone of your talent, Azir.) _Her walk along was filled with amazement that this had all been restored with the emperor's touch. She still had some disbelief that it truly was the emperor of Shurima, but then what did that make her? Why be awoken by this Azir if it were not for some purpose that she could not fully comprehend? She kept herself as straight as normal, head up high with a confidence that she carried like a banner into war. Meeting Azir would be the hardest part. She had so much she wished to ask of him and the grip she held on Chalicar gave her breath where her lungs could find none. What a feeling it was to be nervous of a being once more. Fear was limited as experience taught her how to suppress such emotions and her struggles made her stronger than many who she had worked with even now. Yet, the Emperor of Shurima..._ _The parting of the river of people was almost prophetic, the reverence they held for her a point of interest that only she and Azir created by continuing their existence to this point. She could not crack under the view of so many. Azir awaited her and she could not crack in front of him either. She took proud strides, seeming to look forward like a woman on a mission to the end of the runeterra. Every step was that of a marching mercenary stepping forward to claim the capital's prize. In the land of the living and in the memory of the death her march was a victory march. There would be no room for weakness here, only the sounds that boots in parades could muster._ _The palace was nothing to scoff at either. In its glory there was the tale of generations woven into the fabric of reality and kept preserved by the diligence of their emperor and the craftsmanship of their creators. With her eyes on such sights, her stoic expression collapsed mostly. Her jaw lowered and her feet slowed. Taking all of it in, thousands of years of history being absorbed by her eyes. Every bit of information was desperately gathered and kept in an awe that her glistening eyes caught with such vigor. The shuffling of feet broke her gazing, her stoic expression returning shortly after as she quietly cleared her throat and moved along. The presence of the sand soldiers giving a strange sense of security. At the very least she was thankful that they did not attempt to force her along by manhandling her._ _Bewildered, perhaps that described her as she approached the Seat of Kings. An overwhelming aura emitted from the room for sure. The designs were carefully crafted and the gold also. Tales of emperors from long ago all kept intact. Her eyes kept wide, information mined and stored until her eyes caught Azir sitting upon the throne. Eyes practically snapped fully open and locked onto his beaked mask. She took a slow breath, her heart pounding in a flurry of emotions. What was this feeling? Was it truly fear? Was it amazement? Perhaps it was something more. All she knew was that this was the emperor himself. This was the first who she laid witness to after that treacherous backstabber left her to die in the depths of that tomb._ _She merely listened to him speak, his words cutting the air as a man of a thousand lungs. Every word carried his will and the power which rested within his body. Such strength in his voice… She nearly stepped back as he proved himself much larger than she. The confines of his presence encouraging the validity of both approaching and reeling back. Was this the presence of a true emperor? Was this the ascended that were sold as fairy tales? Words could not dare to describe this feeling which pulsed through her body. It was as if standing in his presence caused waves of sunlight to punch through her skin and through her organs, pressing back out through the other side and leaving her to experience this again and again… and..._ _Silence, eyes matching his gaze with a steadiness returning to herself as she inhaled and exhaled quietly, focusing on her objective here and reliving an experience to calm her nerves. She breathed in once more, and her breath gave life as it flowed out._ “It is a moment that I have had to consider for long, Emperor Azir. To repay your kindness in allowing me into your palace I will begin without delay. I will answer your own as they are presented to me." _A pause was created by her breath cycling once more before she extended her first concern._ "You call me blood of your blood, but how is this so?”
> [{quoted}](name=Chälicar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c300000000,timestamp=2017-10-06T01:37:15.467+0000) > > _Silence, eyes matching his gaze with a steadiness returning to herself as she inhaled and exhaled quietly, focusing on her objective here and reliving an experience to calm her nerves. She breathed in once more, and her breath gave life as it flowed out._ > > “It is a moment that I have had to consider for long, Emperor Azir. To repay your kindness in allowing me into your palace I will begin without delay. I will answer your own as they are presented to me." _A pause was created by her breath cycling once more before she extended her first concern._ "You call me blood of your blood, but how is this so?” "**I do not know how it has come to be, but in my heart, I know you are of my lineage. I cannot say how this is so, but I have no reason to doubt my feelings.**" Her face was so familiar to him, it was as if he stared upon a daughter that time, and the disaster of Xerath's betrayal, had forgotten. And yet, he knew that none could have survived the horrors of that day, but even still, there she stood. This woman was a paradox of time, one that he could not explain. Still, since she had left that day, he had understood that her destiny would be intertwined with his own, in ways he again could not fathom or predict. "**Even still, you carry a weapon of the Ascended Host. That alone speaks of your true character. Whether you choose to accept it or not, you carry royal blood, and destiny has great things in store for you.**" She had chosen to leave after he had brought her back from the brink. Then, she had given no indication she wanted to return. He had heard of the destruction of Vekaura at the hands of Xerath, though the Ascended warrior Nasus had fought against his power bravely. He had even heard rumors that this woman had been there as well. Still, he was surprised to see her standing here. "**When last we spoke, you seemed to reject these things, this place. I sense something must have changed.**" His head cocked sideways, almost the way a curious pigeon might, if not for the fact that he was covered in golden armor and his eyes glowed with inner light. "**So then, to business. Why are you here? Why have you returned?**"
: How can I believe in this life? After all this time, I’ve finally returned... I remember when I was a child. I remember all that I had endured. From dawn to dusk we salvaged what the sands drifted our way and moved on from place to place in search for something to get by. Water, food, gold… All of it we fought for. We got by and lived our lives. We were nothing special and yet we were raided by the heartless Kthaons. My family died… I had nearly lost my own life had it not been for the warmth of the sand… I stole what I could to survive, I found what I could to sell. I especially miss that sapphire necklace, the one with the sundisk glowing a shimmering gold. It was beautiful. I kept it for so long but as life decreed I had to sell it away for a measly meal when I could find nothing for a week. Then, just as that merchant left Shurima I found a pile of trinkets to sell! How cruel fate had been to me! Was I to starve for such luxuries? No! But life should never have been so vile! I chased after his trail, nearly killed on several occasion and running dry the money I collected from that pile… All for nothing… As it had turned out that man had never been seen from again. I followed him so far and nobody knew where he had gone when I had all but left the sands of the desert. I returned home, defeated… When I thought I had found an end to struggles I was met with defeat again. The ungrateful bunch that I led allowed Mhyra to overtake me and my life… It could have ended there… I survived and went back to my domain… Only to find all that I had saved, every item I cherished to be gone… Was this what the sands kept me warm for? Is this what they saved me for? Fortune struck me again with Ziharo. I knew nothing of the blade. I had the spirit of a warrior and Ziharo noticed this through my years of labor. Eventually, after being her work horse for years, I became her sergeant. It was the greatest status I had received in my life. I fought in wars, blood feuds, proxy battles against other mercenary groups… It was the first time I felt alive. I was praised as I returned from war and amazed my colleagues when I found treasures that no other could when our conflicts were over. As my influence grew, so did Ziharo’s fade. I could never understand how Ziharo rejected work just because of her employers’ moral code not being her own. Work is work, you don’t have to like anyone to get paid for a service. That foolish fantasy she lived in was one I bought as a child and as a youth but never again would I believe in such dreams. When she discovered our plot I was well prepared. We fought for what felt like hours, but I made sure I came out on top… Even so… I couldn’t kill her. She took me in when I had nothing, she trained me when I knew nothing, I was under her wing for so long and when I pressed my blade against her throat I couldn’t bring myself to slash her veins open. I couldn’t help but remember how I was a leader of a group once. I remembered how Mhyra threw me to my death because she disagreed with how I led the pack. Would I have been any better if I did the same here? I was better than that and I proved it by keeping this woman alive. I gave her water, coin, and a farewell of fortune… I sometimes wonder how she is now. Life had gone uphill from there and I even met my dear chalicar… For once in my life I finally felt in control. I had beaten every odd that turned against me and declared myself victorious! I could finally live in the prosperity that I had dreamed of and was revered for my accomplishments… I allowed myself to be blinded by my overwhelming joy. I was practically a goddess of war. The fruits of victory my mouth could not contain so quickly. When that fork tongued beast tricked me and sent me back to the sands from which I came I could only feel regret. I let myself be distracted by someone I knew I could not trust. It was all over but that emperor… that… Azir… I was brought back from my timely death and was thrown back into the coils of this mortal plane… How can I believe in this life? After all this time, I’ve finally returned… --- _Sivir took her first steps toward the palace, the tug of a fear she had long since suppressed reviving and clutching her by her hair and bidding her to return to her work as a mercenary... However, this simply would not do. Moving forward she approached where the emperor ruled and took in a breath before looking for a sand soldier of whom she could speak with. She approached quietly, but not with hidden intent. When she came close to the nearest, she spoke her mind._ "I wish to speak with Azir."
> [{quoted}](name=Chälicar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c3,timestamp=2017-10-02T18:58:37.458+0000) > > _Sivir took her first steps toward the palace, the tug of a fear she had long since suppressed reviving and clutching her by her hair and bidding her to return to her work as a mercenary... However, this simply would not do. Moving forward she approached where the emperor ruled and took in a breath before looking for a sand soldier of whom she could speak with. She approached quietly, but not with hidden intent. When she came close to the nearest, she spoke her mind._ > > "I wish to speak with Azir." The first thing the Battle Mistress would see upon returning to the city would be that it had been filled with life. Though perhaps not as grand as it was in the days of old, the wanderers of the desert had found refuge within the city's walls. A hum of people and their activities marked a stark contrast between the empty streets that had clawed their way free from the sands the last time the woman had been here, and the revived city that bustled with vendors and people of all walks of life. As she walked, Sivir would be spotted, of course. All who listened had heard tales of the one who bore the ancient relic, the mercenary, the mistress of battle that was unmatched in all the sands of the desert. Some looked at her blade with jealousy and desire, others admired her form, stunned by the muscles and tanned skin that carried her through the streets. Others still tried to peddle their wares with the intent of selling to one so famous to bring them fame and notoriety, but all that looked upon her did so with awe. No matter how crowded the streets, however, the throngs of shoppers and residents parted for her as she made her way through them, none getting closer than a few arms away. Beautiful and famous as she was, they were smart enough to know how deadly she could be as well, and so, as if surrounded by an invisible barrier, Sivir would make her way through the people until she would finally come to the palace itself. The Arisen that stood guard all turned to regard her in unison, an unsettling thing to those that would have watched them stand for days on end, never moving in a significant way. She needed not say more than she had, and after a brief pause, the Arisen stood aside, motioning up the stairs to the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars with their spears, granting her entrance with nary a word. As Sivir would walk up the stairs and enter the palace proper, she would find it surprisingly well-furnished. Relics that she could only have seen in the most untouched of tombs sat on display, and statues and carvings of the Emperors of old, and the Ascended Host would surround her. In a way, the woman would know she was not simply looking back on her own history, but on the history of all Shurima. Eventually, Sivir would be flanked on either side by a sand soldier, keeping a comfortable distance from her, but leading her through the halls, until, at last, she would exit into the throne room, the Seat of Kings. Pillars surrounded the room, each one carved with intricate designs and inlaid with golden symbols. Stories of past Emperors were recorded on all sides, and it would feel as if she had not only walked into a place of power and royalty, but also a library containing much of Shurima's lost history, dating back thousands of years before Azir's name had ever been known. Perched atop the throne was none other than Azir himself, sunlight glinting from his golden armor and regal colors. His head would lift, and he would stand as Sivir entered, regarding her in silence for a moment. The last time he had seen and felt her this close was when he had revived her, and she, him. Even now, the power of the sun that flowed through his very being pulsed in recognition. He had many questions for her as well, as he was certain she had for him. "**You return, as I always felt that you would.**" He would step forward, his scepter in hand, his height dwarfing her own by at least two heads. He would stop some distance away, giving her room to breathe. "**You wished to speak with me, and now you are here. Speak, and I will listen. Question, and I will answer all that I can. After all, you are the blood of my blood.**"
: The Shuriman Plateau - Ask Azir
[[The Emperor's Bump shall never waver.]]
: As spear crashed through the window, startling everyone inside. A hooded figure quickly followed. "Hello," the person communicated. "You know what I am here for." No one replied. "Azir. Long ago, in what should have been your greatest moment, you were betrayed, cast aside by the one you trusted. We can fix that. Take that spear, and Xerath will be undone."
> [{quoted}](name=We are Vengeance,realm=OCE,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00c1,timestamp=2017-09-09T11:33:24.256+0000) > > As spear crashed through the window, startling everyone inside. A hooded figure quickly followed. "Hello," the person communicated. "You know what I am here for." No one replied. "Azir. Long ago, in what should have been your greatest moment, you were betrayed, cast aside by the one you trusted. We can fix that. Take that spear, and Xerath will be undone." There was no one to startle, for the only things that met the hooded gaze of the spirit were several sand soldiers. They stood motionless, other than their heads turning in the direction of this newest intruder to the Palace of Ten-Thousand Pillars. The entrance had been grand and dramatic to be sure. Unfortunately, there was no significant audience to hear the words the spirit spoke. The mighty Spear of Vengeance would likely feel somewhat awkward, like a surprise party guest appearing at the wrong venue, or accidentally playing a prank on a dear friend, only to find out it was a case of mistaken identity. The Emperor did not need a ghostly spear to bring vengeance upon his betrayer. He had an endless army of soldiers born from the power of the Sun Disk, wielding thousands of Shuriman spears. What could a ghostly memory from times long past hope to offer to the power of an Emperor's army?
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-07T21:58:38.992+0000) > > elderly woman "Yes... how did you know?" Her ears twitched a bit as she took a seat. "Yes, I am not from here, this is true. I live on the outskirts of Demacia." She took in note of the essence. "Why do you burn these sticks, what do they represent?" She then felt like those children with many questions. "It looks as though people are walking right by... elders give off history that so that we can change the future... or so I believe." She looked to the woman with a smile. "When do you suppose he'd be at the balcony?"
> [{quoted}](name=Shiyunava,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-08T00:57:10.629+0000) > > "Yes... how did you know?" Her ears twitched a bit as she took a seat. "Yes, I am not from here, this is true. I live on the outskirts of Demacia." She took in note of the essence. "Why do you burn these sticks, what do they represent?" She then felt like those children with many questions. "It looks as though people are walking right by... elders give off history that so that we can change the future... or so I believe." She looked to the woman with a smile. "When do you suppose he'd be at the balcony?" "Your tongue is not of Shurima, and your feet speak of harder ground than shifting sands." The girl's accent and the way she moved was enough to tip the old woman off that something about her visitor was different. She didn't require her sight to see such things. The trail of grey-white smoke drifted lazily from the incense, rising and curling in the warm Shuriman air as the girl asked her many questions, and the woman listened. "These herbs summon the spirits of old, and through them, I hear their stories, and am surrounded by them. You northern folk could hear them too, if you would only stop and listen." The way she spoke seemed to suggest a calm understanding of things, and an unspoken wisdom that only comes with age and experience. "Spirits are fickle things. They come and go as they please, paying heed to none but the actions that drove them in life. The Hawkfather is much the same, keeping a vigil that only he understands. But, there are signs, as with all things..." The elderly woman would raise a wrinkled hand and point her cane in the direction of one of the strange guards that seemed to dot the area. "If you seek him, then seek them. They are his eyes when he cannot see, his hand when he cannot touch, an echo of times long past and forgotten. They are memories given form and shape, willing spirits brought back to live again by the golden light of the Hawkfather to watch over his children." The cane would move back in front of the woman and she would fold her hands. "Many have sought him, and far fewer have gotten what they desire. But, perhaps you will be different, hmm?"
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-25T22:40:36.715+0000) > > The children were delighted by her explanations. Each answer she gave spawned more questions from them as they looked at her in awe. It may have been uncomfortable being the center of such attention, but the woman would be left alone with a series of pouts and whines as she made them aware she needed to head elsewhere. Separated from the children, she would see the wonders of the Shuriman Marketplace. > > The necklace would be hers, however, as the merchant did not easily deal with foreign currency, he merely took the gold coins for the price of their materials. A jeweler would, after all, have use for fine gold to make more of his wares. When she found herself wandering the streets with her new necklace and talking to herself, she would see many soldiers standing guard at various places. They did not speak, merely watched, barely moving, almost like statues. > > As she mused, an old voice would answer her idle questions. "It is the power of the Hawkfather that breathes life into this city, and lifted the ancient Sun Disk to the skies once more, as it was in the times of legend and myth." It was an old woman, sitting idly in a corner of the market, her eyes clouded with age, gripping a cane made of carved palm wood. She sat upon a blanket surrounded by small trinkets, various crystals, and a strong scent of burning incense. It was heart breaking to see the sad looks, but she had to mean no when she said no but in a more gentle way. After visiting the jeweler and the necklace and the whole scare from the lady, she was now finding herself intrigued by the woman. "Sun disk?" She then looked at the floating now looking like disk. "Is this one that gave life to Shurima here?" She asked kneeling down before the woman. "Is this person alive?" She asked becoming more curious.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiyunava,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-05T02:09:02.443+0000) > > It was heart breaking to see the sad looks, but she had to mean no when she said no but in a more gentle way. After visiting the jeweler and the necklace and the whole scare from the lady, she was now finding herself intrigued by the woman. "Sun disk?" She then looked at the floating now looking like disk. "Is this one that gave life to Shurima here?" She asked kneeling down before the woman. "Is this person alive?" She asked becoming more curious. The elderly woman would nod, lighting another stick of incense as the first burned out, and letting the smoke rise softly into the warm air around the pair. "The Hawkfather resides in the palace at the center of the city. Sometimes, if one is lucky, they may catch a glimpse of him upon his balcony, watching over his children from on high." It was rare one would be able to meet with the golden Emperor. But he was most certainly alive. "Come and sit a while, child." The woman would motion to one of the pillows nearby her. "An old woman so rarely gets company. I can sense you are not from this land. Perhaps a northerner? And young, too, from the sound of your voice." She would smile, waiting for the girl's reply.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Epic Azir,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf0000,timestamp=2017-08-13T22:12:54.496+0000) > > The woman would find several open stalls in the bazaar, each one selling a great number of items. Among them were vendors peddling traditional Shuriman dishes. Items like hummus, cheeses, kebabs with flame-cooked meats and vegetables, as well as rice dishes, lamb stews, savory yogurt with flatbread, and many others would line the streets of Shurima's market. The smells would be quite odd, but exotic and new to the woman, who had likely not seen these items anywhere previously. Other common foodstuffs would be items like dried fruit, like dates, or other simple finger foods, like olives. > > Many of the vendors would give the woman odd looks. They had not seen much in the way of her kind before. Most Vastayan clans did not visit the city, or even seek to mingle with humans, preferring instead to keep to themselves. However, strange looks aside, she was not accosted in any way, and rather, was happily included in the many peddlers trying to get her to buy some of their Shuriman silks or other fine products, along with the food. To wash it down, there was beer of many varieties, milk from some type of Shuriman animal, as well as a juice made from crushed sugar cane grown along the banks of the River of Life flowing endlessly from the heart of the city itself. > > The young ones, however, seemed very keen on trying to touch her tail, some following behind her just out of sight, their eyes alight with curiosity. For them, seeing a creature such as this raised many questions. For example, how did her ears move the way they did? How well could she hear? Others simply desired to touch her ears and tail, them being curiosities they had not seen before. She was far from alone in Shurima, and the city seemed to be teeming with life, and new food choices. Looking at the children she giggled. "Oh... children, how cute, must be curious little ones." She smiles and allows them to come near and have a feel, their questions fascinate her. "Well... just a pet, you wouldn't want to pull the tail as its a part of you." More questions came, "My ears are part wolf like, they move and twitch to certain noises. They alway allow me to hear when danger is about when walking." The children started to overwhelm her as she told them she had to go. Walking further away, she couldn't help but to find herself staring at a gold and emerald necklace. Picking it up to have a closer look, she gave the person the coins it costed as she put it on, looking down at it. "Well this is certainly pretty." Looking up, the disc looked much closer. "Wow... how is that even possible?"
> [{quoted}](name=Shiyunava,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf00000000,timestamp=2017-08-14T02:53:48.529+0000) > > Looking at the children she giggled. "Oh... children, how cute, must be curious little ones." She smiles and allows them to come near and have a feel, their questions fascinate her. "Well... just a pet, you wouldn't want to pull the tail as its a part of you." More questions came, "My ears are part wolf like, they move and twitch to certain noises. They allow allow me to hear when danger is about when walking." > > The children started to overwhelm her as she told them she had to go. Walking further away, she couldn't help but to find herself staring at a gold and emerald necklace. Picking it up to have a closer look, she gave the person the coins it costed as she put it on, looking down at it. "Well this is certainly pretty." Looking up, the disc looked much closer. "Wow... how is that even possible?" The children were delighted by her explanations. Each answer she gave spawned more questions from them as they looked at her in awe. It may have been uncomfortable being the center of such attention, but the woman would be left alone with a series of pouts and whines as she made them aware she needed to head elsewhere. Separated from the children, she would see the wonders of the Shuriman Marketplace. The necklace would be hers, however, as the merchant did not easily deal with foreign currency, he merely took the gold coins for the price of their materials. A jeweler would, after all, have use for fine gold to make more of his wares. When she found herself wandering the streets with her new necklace and talking to herself, she would see many soldiers standing guard at various places. They did not speak, merely watched, barely moving, almost like statues. As she mused, an old voice would answer her idle questions. "It is the power of the Hawkfather that breathes life into this city, and lifted the ancient Sun Disk to the skies once more, as it was in the times of legend and myth." It was an old woman, sitting idly in a corner of the market, her eyes clouded with age, gripping a cane made of carved palm wood. She sat upon a blanket surrounded by small trinkets, various crystals, and a strong scent of burning incense.
: [Serinity](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K3_EIaDiR8pCaVC44YDvK862ofQkTlV0mIOmTagImno/edit) was out adventuring for new things to make in addition to her cafe that would inspire more travelers to come and visit. She left behind Solari and Densetsu to travel alone, taking her scythe as her only means of protection. Traveling along the sands of Shurima she finds herself running in circles. "Just grand... I'm lost. Stupid sand stoooaaahhhh~" She cried out as the storm completely threw her down upon the ground, burying her completely under the sand. Her tail and wolf like ears perk up from the sand before she jumps out and shakes the sand from her clothes. "Oh! Gross! I got sand everywhere!" That's when she looked up and noticed it started to become clear visibly as she looked around and saw what looked like a city. "Maybe I can find something inspirational here..." She placed the scythe to her back as she ran towards the city. Looking around, she had no idea where anything was, only that some places looked like shops. She then starts to head towards the sun disk, wondering how such a thing can float so high. Looking about, her ears twitch, laying flat across her head and her tail stiffens. "Hello?"
> [{quoted}](name=Shiyunava,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=reqL7NL2,comment-id=00bf,timestamp=2017-08-06T12:58:26.738+0000) > > [Serinity](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K3_EIaDiR8pCaVC44YDvK862ofQkTlV0mIOmTagImno/edit) was out adventuring for new things to make in addition to her cafe that would inspire more travelers to come and visit. She left behind Solari and Densetsu to travel alone, taking her scythe as her only means of protection. Traveling along the sands of Shurima she finds herself running in circles. "Just grand... I'm lost. Stupid sand stoooaaahhhh~" She cried out as the storm completely threw her down upon the ground, burying her completely under the sand. Her tail and wolf like ears perk up from the sand before she jumps out and shakes the sand from her clothes. "Oh! Gross! I got sand everywhere!" > > That's when she looked up and noticed it started to become clear visibly as she looked around and saw what looked like a city. "Maybe I can find something inspirational here..." She placed the scythe to her back as she ran towards the city. Looking around, she had no idea where anything was, only that some places looked like shops. She then starts to head towards the sun disk, wondering how such a thing can float so high. Looking about, her ears twitch, laying flat across her head and her tail stiffens. "Hello?" The woman would find several open stalls in the bazaar, each one selling a great number of items. Among them were vendors peddling traditional Shuriman dishes. Items like hummus, cheeses, kebabs with flame-cooked meats and vegetables, as well as rice dishes, lamb stews, savory yogurt with flatbread, and many others would line the streets of Shurima's market. The smells would be quite odd, but exotic and new to the woman, who had likely not seen these items anywhere previously. Other common foodstuffs would be items like dried fruit, like dates, or other simple finger foods, like olives. Many of the vendors would give the woman odd looks. They had not seen much in the way of her kind before. Most Vastayan clans did not visit the city, or even seek to mingle with humans, preferring instead to keep to themselves. However, strange looks aside, she was not accosted in any way, and rather, was happily included in the many peddlers trying to get her to buy some of their Shuriman silks or other fine products, along with the food. To wash it down, there was beer of many varieties, milk from some type of Shuriman animal, as well as a juice made from crushed sugar cane grown along the banks of the River of Life flowing endlessly from the heart of the city itself. The young ones, however, seemed very keen on trying to touch her tail, some following behind her just out of sight, their eyes alight with curiosity. For them, seeing a creature such as this raised many questions. For example, how did her ears move the way they did? How well could she hear? Others simply desired to touch her ears and tail, them being curiosities they had not seen before. She was far from alone in Shurima, and the city seemed to be teeming with life, and new food choices.
Show more

The Epic Azir

Level 5 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion