crybåby (NA)
: Christmas Skin Idea (Kayn)
This is a good idea. I like it /)
: An (long) Essay on Permabans - One size fits all policies don't work
We can start by deleting all/chat. Other than being That guy who types out glf as if anyone cares, there's no purpose for it other than to shit talk the enemy team.
: Can Vel'Koz get a buff already??
As expected from this community. Heaven forbid we reintroduce skillful play in this game over your mindless button mashing to 0-100 someone in 1 second. Cancerous.
Rioter Comments
: 1. If you have actual video evidence (multiple cases as one game doesn't guarantee punishment) of someone reporting a streamer after a game please share. People seem to forget that no report means no review. 2. [Here is a Rioter commenting on the case involving the ban on the Teemo.](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/c0m449/nightblue3_gets_his_teammate_banned_for_playing/er61hxj/) If you are afraif of links here: >Gonna piggy back off this comment to address a few things! >Riot will not ban a player for off meta-play; full stop. If you're curious on our thoughts about off meta play you can hear it straight from Meddler here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMAAfm095tg >This player in particular popped up on our radar a few weeks ago and we decided to not take action at that time because playing Teemo in this method is not against our rules. >However, after reviewing the continued reports we were receiving (from multiple sources) a pattern was forming where this targeted off meta behavior was occurring most often in games when the player was with a high profile streamer. If you want to play off meta, we think that's great! If you want to play off meta only to spite other players and reap the negative reactions and attention from their viewers while they are streaming then we don’t consider that a good faith use of off meta play. >Reporting players for trolling is not something only streamers have the power to do. I always encourage people to report through the client (obviously). But if you encounter a player that you think is behaving in a way to get around our systems then anyone can send us a ticket directly and we will investigate that situation. We won't take action if we can't determine a pattern of trolling or if we believe the player is making a good faith effort with their off meta play. But if we do see someone is consistently using off meta play as an excuse to troll people then we will intervene when we can.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Xv3motdJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-16T19:27:46.640+0000) > > 1. If you have actual video evidence (multiple cases as one game doesn't guarantee punishment) of someone reporting a streamer after a game please share. People seem to forget that no report means no review. > > 2. [Here is a Rioter commenting on the case involving the ban on the Teemo.](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/c0m449/nightblue3_gets_his_teammate_banned_for_playing/er61hxj/) > > If you are afraif of links here: I'm perplexed. Meddler asks that you inform your teammates of how your unusual playstyle works and such if possible when you do so. Nubrac did: he explained he was useful in that one game vs Irelia mid by effectively denying her farm and cc'ing (no auto attacks means very little damage coming from that champ), he wasn't taking cs, and he was providing safety/wards with his mushrooms. Regardless of what game he decides to take Teemo mid into, as Meddler said, intent to win is most important, and that's exactly what Nubrac was doing while NightPrick3 elected to verbally harass/threaten him with a ban by his Riot friend and AFK.
Rioter Comments
: Fix Twisted Treeline
Upvoted, agreeing with first sentence. Then saw the rest. You haven't played nearly enough TT, m8.
Rioter Comments
: Any reason why Nasus W cooldown doesn’t start after the ability is finished??
Would agree if Nasus wasn't utterly useless at the moment. That's honestly the only thing he's got going for him. Why pick Nasus when you can pick Fiora and snowball early? Or pick Kayle (if she isn't banned) who becomes a hypercarry fairly quickly throwing out RANGED TRUE damage?
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2018-12-24T11:17:11.872+0000) > > If this isn't the most ignorant comment I've seen in a long time, it's right up there. To a point it’s not totally wrong. Before the stupid mobility creep, there was some validity to this. Now even being a screen away from some champs is barley enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Mike17032,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=000900010000,timestamp=2018-12-24T13:29:23.843+0000) > > To a point it’s not totally wrong. > > Before the stupid mobility creep, there was some validity to this. Now even being a screen away from some champs is barley enough. Over 3 seasons ago, I'd typically bash somebody for horrible positioning. Nowadays, I can hardly ever blame them when it requires an active 3-4-player effort to keep Camille from jumping across the backline/flanking and assassinating them in under 2 seconds. There are so many other ways to die nowadays. Sure, marksmen are still pretty powerful, on paper, but in any non-professional or non-organized game, it's a clusterfucking nightmare to play that role in a lot of elos.
saltran (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-24T11:15:44.172+0000) > > Inb4 moderator takes down your post because you hurt the Balance Team's feelings or some shit like that. Ah yes because the Boards mods are famous for deleting shitposts on the Gameplay Boards (that deserve to be deleted imo) right ? No, they allow shitposts on Gameplay, dont play the victim card when reallity it's the opposite.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-12-24T15:14:37.774+0000) > > Ah yes because the Boards mods are famous for deleting shitposts on the Gameplay Boards (that deserve to be deleted imo) right ? > > No, they allow shitposts on Gameplay, dont play the victim card when reallity it's the opposite. They delete rant posts all the time. It's up for a day or two then magically disappears when you search for it later. Then they have the audacity to tell people that such posts are almost nonexistent. Victim card? It's not a card you fuckwit, it's reality. It's irritating to see people like you spew your ignorance.
Mordius (NA)
: What's the point of investing in anything that doesn't make you money?
> [{quoted}](name=Mordius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XnaiIIQr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-24T23:59:11.770+0000) > > What's the point of investing in anything that doesn't make you money? To enjoy it at least half of the time. Hobbies, recreation, lifestyle, games, etc.
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations
It's going to be VERY hard/awkward to get enough of a lead to sit on bf sword while likely having to purchase lifesteal or a hint of magic resistance/armor to compensate for other relevant threats in the game. Very nasty build path. Also, very clear people prefer the older variants of these items or having some of their effects being divided into 2-3 unique items (makes it easier to balance depending on which champ/class is abusing it).
Luxxum (NA)
: Why not just remove crit entirely?
Crit? If you're relevant enough for that to matter before getting nuked in 0.5-1.5 seconds. And don't get me started on Lifesteal LOL
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Objectives should deal more damage
No one should be capable of soloing Dragon (let alone Baron) unless they have some MASSIVE gold lead on them, maybe.
Pika Fox (NA)
: I mean, sucks to be the ADC? But they deserve and should get instagibbed if anyone sneezes on them. Youre building FULL DAMAGE. That means your defense is your positioning and timing. If anyone hits you with anything, you SHOULD die. In one second. No, you dont get to complain. You built full damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tetEq7Qa,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-12-24T06:47:16.725+0000) > > I mean, sucks to be the ADC? But they deserve and should get instagibbed if anyone sneezes on them. Youre building FULL DAMAGE. That means your defense is your positioning and timing. If anyone hits you with anything, you SHOULD die. In one second. No, you dont get to complain. You built full damage. If this isn't the most ignorant comment I've seen in a long time, it's right up there.
mirAcIe (EUW)
: ADC: We don't like getting blown up by 1 and a half mage abilities
Inb4 moderator takes down your post because you hurt the Balance Team's feelings or some shit like that.
Rioter Comments
: You remove my post bashing the balance team while there's like 10 others on a daily basis
How about being fucking honest with everyone and just letting everyone view the comment. Please point out where I called out any PARTICULAR person: "I GET that true balance work can be challenging. Granted it doesn't help when some moron thought throwing in like 20 extra uncalled variables into the game was a good idea because it wasn't hard enough. What's utterly %%%%%%ED on their part is how they continue to INCREASE damage throughout the game when we should be working our way to slowing down the pace of the game so that whatever modicum of strategy is left in the game will be worth mentioning again without every teamfight looking like a damn fighting game with 100 effects going all over the place, Why did you buff ? Why haven't you seriously addressed and when everyone and their mother across every elo agrees how absurdly powerful they are? Why did you buff dragon values? It makes the choice of choosing a lane to gank so brain dead easy in most cases because shutting down bot lane is worth the game because you lock out their damage carry AND secure the dragon, which almost anybody can solo for some reason. You buff tower damage a wee bit, great, though would be nice to see some buffs to inner, inhib, and nexus turrets. But why the HELL haven't you recovered some of its resistances? Laning phase increased by like 2 minutes tops, but towers still melt like butter. The gold plating is another counter intuitive incentive you're introduced to sitting on bot lane. So much strategy!! What the FUCK were those Dark Harvest buffs???? I play a lot of bot lane. I'm not asking to increase marksmen damage; it doesn't mean jack s** when you get nuked in 0.6 seconds anyway unless you've got the team huddled around you constantly because otherwise in solo queue, you're put in positions where you can hardly farm safely otherwise. It'd be nice if you brought back green wards. One control ward is far from enough; green trinket cooldown is too long, and scrying gets taken out very quickly since it offers a very obvious visual of someone warding ~1500 units around you. What I AM asking for is making lifesteal a worthwhile investment again. What good is it when I can be at full health and be lucky to get in 1-2 autos before blowing up? this cancer needs to go. Because it enables even assassins who are very behind to kill you. 0/3/1 Zed vs 4/0 marksman? Unless that marksman has a shielding support with it at all times (unlikely,) that'll be a very quick "fight." Hell, there aren't nearly as many real fights lasting from 8-15 seconds as there used to be. The backline gets popped in one of like 20 different ways. You think ADCs used to 1-shot? Try today's fighters/juggernauts. Holy s* nowadays they have EVERYTHING they need in either their kit or itemization. Look at ; he's not the Best top-laner, but the fact that he can build straight damage and withstand a big skirmish without taking too much damage is absurd. can dash halfway across a lane for what, 70 mana? God that's such a joke! You'd think a powerful mobility + damage ability like that would cost a lot more. I don't ever recall seeing top laners run into mana issues. In fact, that goes for a lot of the newer champs these days. There's no real RISK. can mindlessly spam their spells from either safe range or have a rapid escape option available after "poking" for like 1/5 of someone's health. One mana item and they're good to go for the rest of the game unless they spam the shit out of their spells. Back in my season 3 days, you had to be a lot more careful with using your mana, for any champ. Most of my games are decided by the team with the better top laner/jungler these days. There's a lot of issues with the game but the common theme surrounding a real fix would be to slow the pacing down further, which is the complete opposite of what is being accomplished. Riot is backtracking completely, taking us for idiots. They improve things temporarily only to re-gut everything back to the state it was before. All they have to do is distract players with stupid pajama party skins. Jesus Christ." Tell me how this is any different from any other thread.
Jamaree (NA)
: You can bash the team incompetence all you want, I assume that you said something that crossed the line however like personal insults, that isn't allowed.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=nMKg2UEm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-18T09:15:10.993+0000) > > You can bash the team incompetence all you want, I assume that you said something that crossed the line however like personal insults, that isn't allowed. Not a single comment in that thread was personal, meaning directed toward anyone specifically within the balance team of a slew of Rioters. Nothing I said crossed any line that hasn't been crossed before, while keeping their posts.
mack9112 (NA)
: You sound aggressive
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=nMKg2UEm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-18T09:37:12.683+0000) > > You sound aggressive Okay?
: it sounds like you have a toxic attitude and feel entitled to insult and belittle people... that is probably what got your comments removed. just in the post above you are whining that its unfair you arent catered too, reference repeated arguements with mods, accuse mods of conspiracy, state plainly youve been talking shit about the mods, refer to mods as "you people"... like at what point are you going to take responsibility for your own actions and acknowledge that you are being arguementative and petulant? league has issues on the dev and mod side, but the biggest issue is the toxic entitlement of the playerbase
> [{quoted}](name=VonToothskie,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=nMKg2UEm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-18T09:33:35.296+0000) > > it sounds like you have a toxic attitude and feel entitled to insult and belittle people... that is probably what got your comments removed. > just in the post above you are whining that its unfair you arent catered too, reference repeated arguements with mods, accuse mods of conspiracy, state plainly youve been talking shit about the mods, refer to mods as "you people"... like at what point are you going to take responsibility for your own actions and acknowledge that you are being arguementative and petulant? > league has issues on the dev and mod side, but the biggest issue is the toxic entitlement of the playerbase Call it what you want -- I'm perfectly entitled to express that opinion, just as you are entitled to make ignorant assumptions about me.
GigglesO (NA)
: Why do new champion kits just have so many extra things in the kit?
Every champ has several paragraphs describing the like 8 passives they all get, depending on a variety of situations.
Rioter Comments
Roark1 (NA)
: Riot's solution to S8 adc's is buffing them...?
Every time I get an Ezreal on my team we lose. Likewise I see an Ezreal on enemy team: "free win!" And each and every time I think to myself "why didn't they pick {{champion:145}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:18}} instead?"
: Neeko needs to make a trade off: Her damage or its reliability
I just perma ban that shit. Haven't ever seen it in game and will keep it that way :)
Roark1 (NA)
: Riot's solution to S8 adc's is buffing them...?
LMFAO Ezreal being strong... Next worst champ I see in solo queue just below Jhin in ranking has got to be Ezreal. All he's good for is single-target poke/semi-burst. He's almost more of a midlaner than a decent marksman. He NEEDS a buff.
SonicAF (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uhcpBdhc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-07T05:54:48.531+0000) > > Haha, why <...>doubt anything you said is worth banning you over. Lyte got fired. Didn't get better. Playing on a botted account you are going to lose it every banwave. You don't keep your rating. Why buy it instead of creating a new one?
> [{quoted}](name=SonicAF,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uhcpBdhc,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-07T06:17:13.164+0000) > > Lyte got fired. Didn&#x27;t get better. > Thank god. > Playing on a botted account you are going to lose it every banwave. You don&#x27;t keep your rating. idgaf lmao > > Why buy it instead of creating a new one? It's just nice to have some champs on hand with it. But true, it's even easier to troll for free now that I don't have to worry about purchasing rune marks/seals/glyphs/quints or have smite if I were a jungle main.
bokimane (NA)
: [IDEA to Improve the League of Legends Community!] Bring back the "Reformation Program"!
Haha, why bother? I despise the direction they're going in, they don't take player feedback seriously, and they've designed the game (intentionally or not) in a way that protects trolling but smites the player who says anything remotely negative to said troll. This is one of many smurfs. If anything happens, I could always buy a level 30 for a few bucks and never buy any skins (why would I when my account can be threatened for [permanent] suspension at any time? This accomplishes two things: - an extremely affordable loophole to enjoy the game without giving Riot a cent - a message, or a peaceful protest if you will. Happened to my buddy the other night actually. Every single game in that log he received was one he was carrying Extremely hard. At best, I'd agree he should've received chat restrictions or better yet, just simply add any negative words or phrases he uses to a global dictionary. We both used to spend hundreds of dollars into this game. Now not only did they lose customers, he's more likely to pick up that $2 smurf and troll the shit out of every other game should somebody utter a word to him. Don't bend over to Riot Lyte. He may think he's some behavioral psychiatrist but he isn't. Hell, if the law were any looser, I'd love to sue his ass for impersonating an actual health professional. Reform? Please. If you got permabanned, you believed every word you said and more. You're not sorry, and unless you told other players to harm themselves lethally or made real-life threats, I doubt anything you said is worth banning you over.
: ADC balancing
A serious health and movement speed buff overall would be a fantastic fucking start.
Copic (NA)
: Ranked Twisted Treeline needs some massive updating.
Then don't play it. Simple. Ranked in TT is the only ranking climb that feels like any accomplishment or gives me a strong sense of individual contribution toward winning or losing compared to the shitfest that is Rift.
Alzon (NA)
: Rework it to mark the enemy(s) with the highest bounty.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lelwAtXu,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-03T19:26:51.210+0000) > > Rework it to mark the enemy(s) with the highest bounty. That can include supports...
: {{champion:7}} needs a delay on her w its just not fun to play vs the way it is now.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZjqATvyb,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-28T12:48:39.120+0000) > > {{champion:7}} needs a delay on her w its just not fun to play vs the way it is now. The length of her chains' cc need to be cut in half so you don't need two {{summoner:4}} to escape.
: The Camille nerf missed the mark really hard.
They could seriously lengthen the cooldown, jack up the mana cost, and scale the travel distance based on bonus AD. That way she has some real tradeoff between being some mobile assassin vs a beefy fighter who can soak a lot of dmg.
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-28T08:07:26.985+0000) > > You&#x27;ve a good point. It just felt a lot less compelling to try to get people to stop playing altogether. Once you get attached to a game for a long time, it sort of grows on you, and it&#x27;s such a shame Riot decided to ignore the player base responsible for helping them build up to where they are today. > > I used to play several games every day, spending hours on it. I&#x27;m lucky to be found playing 2-3 games every now and then. There are definitely better games out there these days. Just thought I&#x27;d throw in another reminder to help people realize this. Did they ignore the playerbase? Or is it just that there are multiple parts to the playerbase, and in order to make one part happy, another part became less happy and Riot is smart enough to realize they can never please everyone?
> [{quoted}](name=Eleshakai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T17:00:06.644+0000) > > Did they ignore the playerbase? Or is it just that there are multiple parts to the playerbase, and in order to make one part happy, another part became less happy and Riot is smart enough to realize they can never please everyone? {{champion:84}} and {{champion:39}} haven't received a meaningful, very well-deserved nerf; it has been months since they've had this problem. Just one example of many.
: This thread itself doesn’t even have 100 upvotes. Riot is not obligated to make the game how you want it.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=0000000100000000000000060000,timestamp=2018-11-28T08:07:30.811+0000) > > This thread itself doesn’t even have 100 upvotes. Cool. Likely because there are like 10 other active threads just like this atm. > > Riot is not obligated to make the game how you want it. > Oh but it is. See, this is not some retail game you buy for $60, partially finished, and then hoping the developer creates the DLC you care about that completes it, but it's cool because the developers/publishers already made their buck from you and can move onto the next loot box project. No, this is a F2P title: YOUR REVENUE IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON CONTINUED FUNDING. Whether that's through merch, skins, or sponsored tournaments. Regardless of where you source it from, you NEED us to keep it going, and therefore, it makes sense, as a business, to cater to us. And the reason Riot has neglected us is because they've managed to collect the audience gathered by players like us who helped coax our friends into playing this game until everybody and their grandmother knew about it, and have managed to gather enough of a gullible populace willing to throw RP into practically anything that comes out. It's no wonder that League of Legends, a title once surrounding a tournament between brave heroes from different warring clans and advanced civilizations is starting to throw in the most inappropriate character designs {{champion:142}} and absurd reworks {{champion:13}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:82}} for the game. I guess change for the sake of change while leaving problem champions like {{champion:84}} and {{champion:39}} practically untouched for months is okay, even when the highest-elo players, including pros and many popular streamers point out their obvious faults. Riot would shit itself if enough people woke up to this nonsense, realized enough was enough, and stopped playing this game, let alone purchase RP, entirely. Sort of reminds me of the U.S. government and our elected officials. Kind of depressing how relatable that is to a game when it's supposed to be a sort of escape from it all, but both are disgustingly similar. TL;DR Riot DOES have an obligation to its players because due to their business model, it would literally FAIL if people stopped funding it.
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T08:02:05.344+0000) > > What do you need a source for? Common sense? Business model basics of a F2P? I think he wants the source post for the image.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T08:06:12.826+0000) > > I think he wants the source post for the image. Done. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/MhzEpfgA-reason-why-this-game-is-getting-worse-and-worse?show=flat&comment=00000001000000000000
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Source?
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T07:57:42.023+0000) > > Source? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/MhzEpfgA-reason-why-this-game-is-getting-worse-and-worse?show=flat&comment=00000001000000000000
Audhulma (NA)
: The reason you stop playing altogether is because the game feels like a chore rather than fun, not buying RP naturally comes with that, and you get to not waste hours of your life on something you don't even enjoy anymore. Two birds, one stone. The idea of playing without spending money doesn't actually do anything in this case to begin with, as Riot already anticipates that the majority of people playing aren't going to spend a dime anyways. Instead it just tells them that people still like the game (and the direction it's going, the choices they're making, etc.) enough to play as usual, only they don't care enough about new cosmetic content to spend money.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-28T08:03:14.752+0000) > > The reason you stop playing altogether is because the game feels like a chore rather than fun, not buying RP naturally comes with that, and you get to not waste hours of your life on something you don&#x27;t even enjoy anymore. Two birds, one stone. > > The idea of playing without spending money doesn&#x27;t actually do anything in this case to begin with, as Riot already anticipates that the majority of people playing aren&#x27;t going to spend a dime anyways. Instead it just tells them that people still like the game (and the direction it&#x27;s going, the choices they&#x27;re making, etc.) enough to play as usual, only they don&#x27;t care enough about new cosmetic content to spend money. You've a good point. It just felt a lot less compelling to try to get people to stop playing altogether. Once you get attached to a game for a long time, it sort of grows on you, and it's such a shame Riot decided to ignore the player base responsible for helping them build up to where they are today. I used to play several games every day, spending hours on it. I'm lucky to be found playing 2-3 games every now and then. There are definitely better games out there these days. Just thought I'd throw in another reminder to help people realize this.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Source?
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fUZA6GE5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T07:57:42.023+0000) > > Source? What do you need a source for? Common sense? Business model basics of a F2P?
: So what sets it apart from other mobas? What unique experience are you going to provide that'll allow your game to gain traction in the market? Because trying to be "better league" isn't going to work when league has such a firm foothold in the global market. You need to stand out. And without a publisher backing you up you're going to have a hard time getting the necessary server infrastructure to support a moba. Riot couldn't have gotten league where it is without funds from Tencent.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-28T06:18:05.839+0000) > > So what sets it apart from other mobas? What unique experience are you going to provide that&#x27;ll allow your game to gain traction in the market? Because trying to be &quot;better league&quot; isn&#x27;t going to work when league has such a firm foothold in the global market. You need to stand out. And without a publisher backing you up you&#x27;re going to have a hard time getting the necessary server infrastructure to support a moba. Riot couldn&#x27;t have gotten league where it is without funds from Tencent. PUBG literally came from nowhere and quickly dominated the genre as well as the gaming industry. It was the most downloaded game off of Steam once upon a time. Fortnite took over just as easily because PUBG (like Riot,) made the same mistake of flaunting its arrogance and refusing to address important issues like optimization despite gaining over $300 million in revenue.
KluPL (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-11-28T07:36:17.185+0000) > > You can base a lot of the initial values off of early seasons of this game, (actually) learn from its issues, and tone Down numbers off an item like DFG and such and develop a genuine MOBA with real strategic element behind it. Best of luck! Keep a reddit updated or something. Yes very true. League has a lot of potential to come back to an amazing game, they have everything they need already. Getting rid of a few items and setting down a bit of the damage from both runes and items could make the game have much more of a strategic feel. The reddit page is a good idea, I will need to tell my partner to set one up for us.
> [{quoted}](name=KluPL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T07:46:37.201+0000) > > Yes very true. League has a lot of potential to come back to an amazing game, they have everything they need already. Getting rid of a few items and setting down a bit of the damage from both runes and items could make the game have much more of a strategic feel. The reddit page is a good idea, I will need to tell my partner to set one up for us. Hell, once you get a sizeable audience going, set up an Indiegogo or something while you're at it to help accelerate progress if needed. I'll pledge, because I miss the old game. I spent hundreds of dollars in RP for a reason back then.
Rioter Comments
: Cool. You aren’t most of the people playing the game. Riot is not obligated to make the game how you want it. You are not any kind of special person who gets voting rights on what happens. You are just one person.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T20:56:40.921+0000) > > Cool. > > You aren’t most of the people playing the game. > > Riot is not obligated to make the game how you want it. You are not any kind of special person who gets voting rights on what happens. > > You are just one person. Him, us, and LITERALLY hundreds of people making multiple posts like this/thumbs-upping it virtually every day, which has gotten much worse in the past few seasons.
dramenbejs (EUNE)
: Reason why this game is getting worse and worse
Why is seeing a moderator make absurd statements and get downvoted to hell so pleasing to me :]?
: Can we do something about Lucian?
I agree his E cooldown shouldn't be lowered via his passive. But it'd be nice to rebuff some length off his Q and lower the mana cost + a bit of damage so he can still make meaningful decisions between positioning to poke or cs and dedicating his mana for all-ins and heavy trades.
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
You can base a lot of the initial values off of early seasons of this game, (actually) learn from its issues, and tone Down numbers off an item like DFG and such and develop a genuine MOBA with real strategic element behind it. Best of luck! Keep a reddit updated or something.
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fksl9UfE,comment-id=00090000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T19:17:42.228+0000) > > Right. Because you guys have done a fantastic job proving us wrong each season for the past, what, 4 seasons of this nonsense? You know why champions were &quot;unpickable garbage?&quot; It&#x27;s because they would be left behind for, as you say, an entire year or longer before their numbers ever got compensated for the like 80 changes worth multiple pages of text for each one! Seriously, the game has come out with TOO many champions and an insane amount of *DIVERSITY* that more and more champions are being left behind in the dust when we already had so much variety in playstyles and didn&#x27;t have metas forced down our throats. Look at Alistar: he used to be a character you could play anywhere viably. That is no longer the case. Taric&#x27;s kit now relies heavily on another ally. Blitzcrank is the only character that cc&#x27;s himself for using his speedup and hasn&#x27;t received a damn buff in YEARS. > > I, among others, clearly stand by the way updates and characters were designed and managed back then as opposed to the clusterfuck of DIVERSITY and absurdity we have now. A handful of bad champions? Then don&#x27;t pick them. I&#x27;d rather try to compensate for a weaker character versus having to deal with BROKEN messes and banning the same 4-7 champions every time like Irelia, Akali, Nocturne, Kayn, etc "You guys"? Lol, I'm not a rioter. Anyways, no. That was a terrible way of balancing. Oh sure, boards would love it because that means you literally cannot pick <assassin> without trolling...then Riot nerfs your main because it has some gimmick that makes it too strong. So you complain, say it's not fair, etc. Riot says deal with it. This doesn't help balance or promote diversity. It's shelfing a problem until they can deal with it 2-3 years down the line. Your alistar example is also hilarious because _he was nerfed because people hated playing against it._ Don't pretend people loved alistar jungle and thought it was fun to get malphite ulted at level two. AP Tristana gibbing people. AD Sion being unpickable garbage or broken OP. The blitzcrank excuse is also funny because Blitz has massive power budget. (Pssst: In case you didn't remember: He had his speed reduction removed on W. It turned out to be too strong so they added it back in. Not for pro play btw, but for scrub play.) And basically, your problem comes down to being ok with a lower skill, lower design game with binary options. You're also assuming that if the game was reverted, everything would be ok. Which, y'know, it wouldn't. Because players know what to abuse now, what was broken and who can break the game. Enjoy AP Yi every game who will either decide the game or will be a 4v5. TL;DR: A handful of broken champions? Ban them.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fksl9UfE,comment-id=000900000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T19:51:39.264+0000) > > &quot;You guys&quot;? Lol, I&#x27;m not a rioter. > > Anyways, no. That was a terrible way of balancing. Oh sure, boards would love it because that means you literally cannot pick &lt;assassin&gt; without trolling...then Riot nerfs your main because it has some gimmick that makes it too strong. So you complain, say it&#x27;s not fair, etc. Riot says deal with it. This doesn&#x27;t help balance or promote diversity. It&#x27;s shelfing a problem until they can deal with it 2-3 years down the line. > > Your alistar example is also hilarious because _he was nerfed because people hated playing against it._ Don&#x27;t pretend people loved alistar jungle and thought it was fun to get malphite ulted at level two. AP Tristana gibbing people. AD Sion being unpickable garbage or broken OP. The blitzcrank excuse is also funny because Blitz has massive power budget. (Pssst: In case you didn&#x27;t remember: He had his speed reduction removed on W. It turned out to be too strong so they added it back in. Not for pro play btw, but for scrub play.) > > And basically, your problem comes down to being ok with a lower skill, lower design game with binary options. You&#x27;re also assuming that if the game was reverted, everything would be ok. Which, y&#x27;know, it wouldn&#x27;t. Because players know what to abuse now, what was broken and who can break the game. Enjoy AP Yi every game who will either decide the game or will be a 4v5. TL;DR: A handful of broken champions? Ban them. The Boards have spoken. You, whatever you are, along with Riot are completely out of touch with what a vast portion of the community wants. You've little understanding of what made earlier seasons great in the first place, and what's lacking in the past couple of years. I can't wait for this game to die and for that one player's indie project of what's essentially League of Legends at its peak to topple it.
: > [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fksl9UfE,comment-id=000900000001,timestamp=2018-11-25T09:11:25.796+0000) > > I&#x27;ll GLADLY take early seasons of permabanning a champ or two over this shit fest. I don't think you understand what this meant. Imagine your champion, who you love, being unpickable garbage for an entire year. No, not "49% win rate" garbage. I'm talking 30% winrate literal trash "by picking this character you are trolling and can be reported" tier bad. Now amplify that by 30-40 characters, further exacerbating both scrub balance and pro imbalance. It's using a nuke when you should be using a scalpel or, on occasion, scissors. Good luck keeping players happy when you could be nuked from orbit at any time.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fksl9UfE,comment-id=0009000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-25T10:57:29.411+0000) > > I don't think you understand what this meant. > > Imagine your champion, who you love, being unpickable garbage for an entire year. No, not "49% win rate" garbage. I'm talking 30% winrate literal trash "by picking this character you are trolling and can be reported" tier bad. Now amplify that by 30-40 characters, further exacerbating both scrub balance and pro imbalance. > > It's using a nuke when you should be using a scalpel or, on occasion, scissors. Good luck keeping players happy when you could be nuked from orbit at any time. Right. Because you guys have done a fantastic job proving us wrong each season for the past, what, 4 seasons of this nonsense? You know why champions were "unpickable garbage?" It's because they would be left behind for, as you say, an entire year or longer before their numbers ever got compensated for the like 80 changes worth multiple pages of text for each one! Seriously, the game has come out with TOO many champions and an insane amount of *DIVERSITY* that more and more champions are being left behind in the dust when we already had so much variety in playstyles and didn't have metas forced down our throats. Look at Alistar: he used to be a character you could play anywhere viably. That is no longer the case. Taric's kit now relies heavily on another ally. Blitzcrank is the only character that cc's himself for using his speedup and hasn't received a damn buff in YEARS. I, among others, clearly stand by the way updates and characters were designed and managed back then as opposed to the clusterfuck of DIVERSITY and absurdity we have now. A handful of bad champions? Then don't pick them. I'd rather try to compensate for a weaker character versus having to deal with BROKEN messes and banning the same 4-7 champions every time like Irelia, Akali, Nocturne, Kayn, etc
: Constant whining that change is bad literally every preseason since at least back as far as season 2 when I started playing. Meaningless metric. By the way there are plenty of players like me who look forward to every new shake up of the game and find it refreshing. Whenever I've put in a long grind on ranked and gotten too much of a firm idea of how the meta is playing out, I get antsy for the next big thing to come and shake things up so that things can be different. Personally I get a lot of my fun out of the laning phase and without new things coming along to shift the meta around things get pretty stale. It's especially bad when the meta is solidifying around things that I personally don't enjoy like tanks being able to afk win lane by existing and then dominate teamfights, or botlane swapping to 2v1 the top lanes constantly. Shaking things up not only tends to knock loose those outlier obnoxious metas that tend to be propped up by one specific mechanic (like crazy first tower gold encouraging lane swaps) but also provides an outlet for expression of mastery and skill since players who are able to anticipate how the changes will impact the game and then apply them better and faster will have a distinct advantage for a short while until everyone else catches up. I like when it becomes suddenly possible for a previously losing lane matchup to get turned on its head because the guy playing the losing champion has a better read on the newly shifted state of the game and uses that knowledge to come out with an unexpected play or build that wins him the lane and potentially the game. I'll take that any day over all laning matchups being set in stone for months and years on end without any new options being added or taken away to keep people on their toes.
> [{quoted}](name=PUBG Sword Saint,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IoppkFyu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-25T11:28:18.243+0000) > > Constant whining that change is bad literally every preseason since at least back as far as season 2 when I started playing. Meaningless metric. > > By the way there are plenty of players like me who look forward to every new shake up of the game and find it refreshing. Whenever I've put in a long grind on ranked and gotten too much of a firm idea of how the meta is playing out, I get antsy for the next big thing to come and shake things up so that things can be different. > > Personally I get a lot of my fun out of the laning phase and without new things coming along to shift the meta around things get pretty stale. It's especially bad when the meta is solidifying around things that I personally don't enjoy like tanks being able to afk win lane by existing and then dominate teamfights, or botlane swapping to 2v1 the top lanes constantly. > > Shaking things up not only tends to knock loose those outlier obnoxious metas that tend to be propped up by one specific mechanic (like crazy first tower gold encouraging lane swaps) but also provides an outlet for expression of mastery and skill since players who are able to anticipate how the changes will impact the game and then apply them better and faster will have a distinct advantage for a short while until everyone else catches up. > > I like when it becomes suddenly possible for a previously losing lane matchup to get turned on its head because the guy playing the losing champion has a better read on the newly shifted state of the game and uses that knowledge to come out with an unexpected play or build that wins him the lane and potentially the game. I'll take that any day over all laning matchups being set in stone for months and years on end without any new options being added or taken away to keep people on their toes. You enjoy metas and viable items and champions being completely changed up every 2-4 weeks? Characters with so many passives it almost fills a page of text?
Show more

The Great Duck

Level 76 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion