Subdue (NA)
: Why is Zero Tolerance so Intolerant?
Punishment system has been a mess for a while now, but the biggest problem is a lack of clarity. It would be very simple to design a better system for punishing than Riot's IFS, but they just seem to lazy to bother making a new one.
: Chromas on Infernal Shens spirit blade?
When you activate his q it changes color to match the chroma.
: Request for Lich Bane to do 100% more damage to Karthus
Can it revive him instead, so I can kill him a 2nd time? :p
Xalcer (EUW)
: Honor 5 tokens
Already got mine. Basically, you can craft them into 4 different things: a twitch skin, a warwick skin, a twitch skin chroma/icon, or a warwick skin chroma/icon. Honestly trash rewards imo, you're not really missing much.
tielr (NA)
: TL vs C9 2019 Finals Game 5-- Corejj's Rakan Ult Catching Sneaky from ~200 Map Units Away?
: The "Ban words" system should be aware of location specific meanings
Probably the biggest misconception in this thread is the notion that riot support = customer service. The support staff has never been interested in helping players with their issues or looking into the context of unfair bans/punishments.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: It doesn't matter. Each class can build what ever they want, but as a whole, each class has a lot of armor pen options available to them. A lot of champions build black clever which shreds 24% armor. Now every one in the team does more damage regardless if they got pen or not. Magic pen just doesn't work like this.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1yiEF5Wa,comment-id=00100001000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-26T09:05:38.582+0000) > > It doesn't matter. > Each class can build what ever they want, but as a whole, each class has a lot of armor pen options available to them. > > A lot of champions build black clever which shreds 24% armor. > Now every one in the team does more damage regardless if they got pen or not. > Magic pen just doesn't work like this. Probably because attack damage and magic damage scale differently. If you're looking for a substitute black cleaver for magic damage try {{item:3001}}. It doesn't do pen but it does +15% all magic damage sources.
Ackelope (NA)
: with exceptions, of course. MF and Lucian have both been known to dabble in lethality and cleaver from time to time.
> [{quoted}](name=Ackelope,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1yiEF5Wa,comment-id=00100001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-26T03:31:17.083+0000) > > with exceptions, of course. MF and Lucian have both been known to dabble in lethality and cleaver from time to time. Probably should recognize fringe cases for guinsoo's then, such: as kayle and twisted fate (and formerly on-hit neeko).
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Yes, but no mage actually uses it. It is made for adcs who have both ad and magic damage in their kit.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1yiEF5Wa,comment-id=001000010000,timestamp=2019-08-25T17:16:59.630+0000) > > Yes, but no mage actually uses it. > It is made for adcs who have both ad and magic damage in their kit. If you're sorting it by class then you should separate lethality from arpen. Ad assassins don't build guinsoo's and adc's don't build lethality / cleaver.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: The major reason that MR is super effective is because magic penetration is legit garbage. Lets compare. Magicpen {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} Armorpen {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3071}} Can you see the difference? There are much better options for armor penetration and a lot of champions stack them.
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1yiEF5Wa,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-08-25T14:03:25.552+0000) > > The major reason that MR is super effective is because magic penetration is legit garbage. > Lets compare. > Magicpen > {{item:3020}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3135}} > > Armorpen > {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3071}} > > Can you see the difference? > There are much better options for armor penetration and a lot of champions stack them. {{item:3124}} applies both armor pen and magic pen btw.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Hanged Man,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ipskodxz,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-08-21T22:57:22.896+0000) > > All of the champions listed are good against assassins, with the exception of annie. I think the main problem you and others on here are probably having is that you aren't playing them correctly. You should be playing oriana much differently when facing katarina as opposed to something like azir or xerath. i dont think ive played against a champion like xerath/azir in ages now
> [{quoted}](name=Ñaofumi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ipskodxz,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T23:00:53.863+0000) > > i dont think ive played against a champion like xerath/azir in ages now My mistake, they are meta champions at my elo, so I used them for my example.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: Can we buff the other anti-assassin mids please?
All of the champions listed are good against assassins, with the exception of annie. I think the main problem you and others on here are probably having is that you aren't playing them correctly. You should be playing oriana much differently when facing katarina as opposed to something like azir or xerath.
: Don't most champions get around 2000 hp just by existing?
> [{quoted}](name=Edge of Daybreak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iEEEVE08,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T03:22:32.344+0000) > > Don't most champions get around 2000 hp just by existing? Don't bother with logic on threads like this.
CLG ear (NA)
: why am i getting downvoted for posting riven pics
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IlhcgiG0,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-08-14T14:07:56.825+0000) > > why am i getting downvoted for posting riven pics Perhaps not everyone is in the mood to be spammed with suggestive riven artwork. Just a thought.
: > First of all, gunblade is not hard cc. Nor did I say it was, but glad you can read :) {{champion:7}} is very much an Assassin, the other 3 where originally designed to be assassins and play like assassins. regardless. Little to no CC, means Little or no CC. 1. Every assassin but Kat has CC. So that throws out the "no" part of that statement to be completely false. 2. Little CC is arbitrary/relative. 3. How about instead of akili, who I would agree has less CC than some other assassins, lets compare Fizz, or Ekko, or Diana, or Quyanna, or Pyke. ALL of which have AoE stuns/knock-ups. But lets just point out champions to fit "your" narrative as best as possible. Instead of the FACT that the champions I listed have HARD CC in some for or another. 4. Akilis .5s AoE stun is hardly "little" CC in any ones opinion, besides yours apparently. ANY form of HARD CC would never be considered "little".
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=0003000300010000,timestamp=2019-08-14T00:09:42.061+0000) > > Nor did I say it was, but glad you can read :) > > {{champion:7}} is very much an Assassin, the other 3 where originally designed to be assassins and play like assassins. > > regardless. > > Little to no CC, means Little or no CC. > > 1. Every assassin but Kat has CC. So that throws out the "no" part of that statement to be completely false. > > 2. Little CC is arbitrary/relative. > > 3. How about instead of akili, who I would agree has less CC than some other assassins, lets compare Fizz, or Ekko, or Diana, or Quyanna, or Pyke. ALL of which have AoE stuns/knock-ups. But lets just point out champions to fit "your" narrative as best as possible. Instead of the FACT that the champions I listed have HARD CC in some for or another. > > 4. Akilis .5s AoE stun is hardly "little" CC in any ones opinion, besides yours apparently. ANY form of HARD CC would never be considered "little". Sorry, I can't take anyone who counts an item a champion builds as cc in their kit seriously. Your points are riddled with subjective reasoning and some are blatantly wrong, but I'm not gonna waste any more of my brain cells explaining very obvious things to you.
: Fair. I dont think hes too strong, just saying that theres nothing to avoid his Q trading, just his empowered Q trading, which youll be taking if he uses E anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9MqOI9nL,comment-id=000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T23:25:25.739+0000) > > Fair. I dont think hes too strong, just saying that theres nothing to avoid his Q trading, just his empowered Q trading, which youll be taking if he uses E anyway. Yasuo's windwall is probably the only way to avoid shen's empowered q autos, other than walking away or ccing him of course. edit: also braum's unbreakable. those are the only two abilities that will prevent shen from getting his q bonus.
: Just because its stronger when Q travels through an enemy doesnt change that its baseline is still extremely strong.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9MqOI9nL,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T22:45:38.863+0000) > > Just because its stronger when Q travels through an enemy doesnt change that its baseline is still extremely strong. Fair enough. It's just my own personal opinion, but I can't take anyone who thinks shen is too strong seriously in regards to champion balance.
: He still deals 2% HP more damage per auto if he hits with spirit blade. It barely increases the damage relative to the normal bonus damage he automatically gets.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9MqOI9nL,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-13T19:58:54.851+0000) > > He still deals 2% HP more damage per auto if he hits with spirit blade. It barely increases the damage relative to the normal bonus damage he automatically gets. I think you are casually forgetting the 50% atk speed bonus shen gets when his q travels through an enemy. There is also the 2 second slow his q applies to enemy champions to consider.
: > most are melee with very little to no cc in their kits. {{champion:84}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:56}} Are the ones with HARD CC (stuns, Roots, fears, charms, knock ups, displacements...ect) OF which HALF of them have some form of AOE HARD CC. Some of which have 2 hard CCs, or 1 Hard CC and Soft CC. {{champion:55}} blue {{champion:141}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} Are the only assassins WITH OUT HARD CC, but they do have a slow (But Kat I think, she always gets Gunblade so it doesn't matter.)
> [{quoted}](name=Romans VI XXIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2019-08-13T16:23:33.716+0000) > > {{champion:84}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:246}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:56}} > > Are the ones with HARD CC (stuns, Roots, fears, charms, knock ups, displacements...ect) OF which HALF of them have some form of AOE HARD CC. Some of which have 2 hard CCs, or 1 Hard CC and Soft CC. > > {{champion:55}} blue {{champion:141}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:238}} > > Are the only assassins WITH OUT HARD CC, but they do have a slow (But Kat I think, she always gets Gunblade so it doesn't matter.) First of all, gunblade is not hard cc. Secondly, when I say little to no cc I'm not specifying whether the cc is hard or not. Let's use akali as an example. She has 2 cc abilities, both lasting for 0.5 seconds each, and combining for a grand total of 1 second of cc. One is hard cc the other is soft. Now let's compare this to a generic mage like lux. For just 1 ability she has a 2 second hard cc, already surpassing akali's entire kit's cc value, and this isn't even counting the rest of cc in lux's kit. It's ridiculous to even compare the level of cc that assassins have with other classes, barring marksmen who are designed to dps safely from the back line. Finally, {{champion:517}} , {{champion:60}} ,{{champion:80}} , and {{champion:7}} are not assassins. So, in any future lists you make do not include them.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Hanged Man,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-08-12T02:04:43.394+0000) > > I don't exactly follow your logic when you are listing Cassiopeia and syndra as short range mages. Syndra's range is about 800-950 and casseoipia's range is about 700-850. I don't consider either of these champions to be short ranged. Also, Cassiopeia has a continuous movement speed buff built into her kit. Sorry, but I don't really consider either of these champions to be more skillful than an assassin like zed or akali. Although, I will say that Cassiopeia takes much more skill to play than syndra imo. Syndra's Dark Sphere, which is what her entire kit works around, has 800 range, and her threat range is 650 with her R, 725 by level 16. Cassio's E has 700 range. Do you even realize how short these ranges are for champions that blow up with a breeze and have no built in mobility except for Cassio's movement speed boost on her main skillshot? Also, i easily picture these two as more **consistently** challenging than the "let me jump around 24/7, guess what I'll do next" champions you mentioned due to the reasons i listed above and you ignored completely. Also, Syndra's kit is built around slow, predictable combos on punishable cooldowns based on timing and combat length, i don't quite see your picture. Short range: {{champion:1}} Medium to short: {{champion:134}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:69}} Long: {{champion:99}} {{champion:101}} As examples.
> [{quoted}](name=Seviel Vorose,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=0003000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T09:23:07.220+0000) > > Syndra's Dark Sphere, which is what her entire kit works around, has 800 range, and her threat range is 650 with her R, 725 by level 16. Cassio's E has 700 range. > Do you even realize how short these ranges are for champions that blow up with a breeze and have no built in mobility except for Cassio's movement speed boost on her main skillshot? Also, i easily picture these two as more > **consistently** challenging than the "let me jump around 24/7, guess what I'll do next" champions you mentioned due to the reasons i listed above and you ignored completely. > Also, Syndra's kit is built around slow, predictable combos on punishable cooldowns based on timing and combat length, i don't quite see your picture. > > Short range: {{champion:1}} > Medium to short: {{champion:134}} {{champion:34}} {{champion:69}} > Long: {{champion:99}} {{champion:101}} > As examples. When syndra can't stun from 1300 units away than i will stop considering her long range. Also, done responding because you are taking my opinion personally and getting offended on an internet forum. xd
GilxeN (EUW)
: Lee is far away to be diver, he is Bruiser - Skirmisher.
> [{quoted}](name=GilxeN,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=000100010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-12T06:38:26.941+0000) > > Lee is far away to be diver, he is Bruiser - Skirmisher. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Diver_champion ^Seems to fit him pretty well. imo
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Hanged Man,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T00:39:29.056+0000) > > I don't think it's so much as what lee is missing. I think it's what he has. He's a diver because he has hard cc and a shield ability, which assassins/slayers don't typically have. Its not about him be carbon copy of assassin but about removing boundaries of classes and blending together
> [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T04:50:30.175+0000) > > Its not about him be carbon copy of assassin but about removing boundaries of classes and blending together Well, I do play a bit of lee sin and I'd say the biggest reason I don't consider lee an assassin is because of how I play team fights with him. 90% of the time, when playing lee, I look to make the engage on the enemy carry or priority target and force him into the rest of my team. But, when I'm playing an assassin like zed or talon most of the time I am not the one engaging. I usually am waiting on the flank for an enemy carry to either get cc'd or mis-position during the team fight. Anyways, that's why I consider lee sin more of a diver than an assassin or skirmisher.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Hanged Man,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-11T21:10:48.498+0000) > > For me personally, skill expression is more about using a champion's kit to outplay an opponent rather than dumping out a quick combo. For example: I consider assassins much higher skill champions than lets say mages, because instead of limiting your opponent's options with hard cc or ranged poke, you are trying to time your engage properly in order to use your own kit to avoid your opponent's strengths and secure a kill through your own strengths. Yeah, I could just pick a mage that can safely wave-clear and cc enemies from a screen away, or just throw out a burst combo on a stunned target, but I enjoy playing a champion that has to time my aggression accordingly and look to punish misplays. > > Guess I just don't understand why you are labeling assassins as forgiving when most are melee with very little to no cc in their kits. Short range, immobile and skillshot reliant Mages will always be harder by definition because they stress the player's skills to their core, not abusing mobility and basing outplays on reaction times, muscle memory and just knowing when to engage. As {{champion:69}} and {{champion:134}}, for example, you need to dodge by prediction, pathing, cooldowns knowledge AND reaction times while exposing yourself to potentially bad situations due to low threat range compared to most mages, while simultaneously hitting your combo and trying to position yourself. Mobility also provides target access and mispositioning forgiveness which they both lack for exame.
> [{quoted}](name=Seviel Vorose,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-08-12T00:22:00.583+0000) > > Short range, immobile and skillshot reliant Mages will always be harder by definition because they stress the player's skills to their core, not abusing mobility and basing outplays on reaction times, muscle memory and just knowing when to engage. > As {{champion:69}} and {{champion:134}}, for example, you need to dodge by prediction, pathing, cooldowns knowledge AND reaction times while exposing yourself to potentially bad situations due to low threat range compared to most mages, while simultaneously hitting your combo and trying to position yourself. > Mobility also provides target access and mispositioning forgiveness which they both lack for exame. I don't exactly follow your logic when you are listing Cassiopeia and syndra as short range mages. Syndra's range is about 800-950 and casseoipia's range is about 700-850. I don't consider either of these champions to be short ranged. Also, Cassiopeia has a continuous movement speed buff built into her kit. Sorry, but I don't really consider either of these champions to be more skillful than an assassin like zed or akali. Although, I will say that Cassiopeia takes much more skill to play than syndra imo.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Hanged Man,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T23:52:54.383+0000) > > Sylas is a skirmisher and elise is a diver. Lee sin is also a diver. Yes they are but classes means little nowdays. Like what is lee missing to be assassin? he has mobility, he go in get kill an go out, have burst, his gameplay is no different from assassins gameplay he just dont overkill that much.
> [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-12T00:02:51.433+0000) > > Yes they are but classes means little nowdays. Like what is lee missing to be assassin? he has mobility, he go in get kill an go out, have burst, his gameplay is no different from assassins gameplay he just dont overkill that much. I don't think it's so much as what lee is missing. I think it's what he has. He's a diver because he has hard cc and a shield ability, which assassins/slayers don't typically have.
Exin0 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=HP Crookshanks,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-08-11T21:50:43.553+0000) > > {{champion:43}} isn't an enchanter neither. Also {{champion:60}} {{champion:517}} aren't assassins. Sylas maybe, like what is even definition of assassin right now? Kayne or Lee arent assassins but are played and feels like ones, they have mobility, damage can burst in 1 sec only difference from full fledged assassins is they have little bit weaker burst.
> [{quoted}](name=Exin0,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NNpvGm1j,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-11T23:43:03.031+0000) > > Sylas maybe, like what is even definition of assassin right now? Kayne or Lee arent assassins but are played and feels like ones, they have mobility, damage can burst in 1 sec only difference from full fledged assassins is they have little bit weaker burst. Sylas is a skirmisher and elise is a diver. Lee sin is also a diver.
: When will Riot admit that modern assassins are too forgiving?
For me personally, skill expression is more about using a champion's kit to outplay an opponent rather than dumping out a quick combo. For example: I consider assassins much higher skill champions than lets say mages, because instead of limiting your opponent's options with hard cc or ranged poke, you are trying to time your engage properly in order to use your own kit to avoid your opponent's strengths and secure a kill through your own strengths. Yeah, I could just pick a mage that can safely wave-clear and cc enemies from a screen away, or just throw out a burst combo on a stunned target, but I enjoy playing a champion that has to time my aggression accordingly and look to punish misplays. Guess I just don't understand why you are labeling assassins as forgiving when most are melee with very little to no cc in their kits.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oeYP5jQk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-14T07:55:09.162+0000) > > Ok, now try to play him top lane in his intended role. You'll realize how weak he is compared to any of the meta top-laners. Weak is relative man. The other champs just got buffed and overloaded when reworked. Except for ww. that rework was good.
> [{quoted}](name=EnigmaticMachine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oeYP5jQk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-31T00:07:52.930+0000) > > Weak is relative man. The other champs just got buffed and overloaded when reworked. Except for ww. that rework was good. Exactly, weakness is relative; thus he is weak.
Boomer (OCE)
: Perhaps they should just release a comprehensive list of all "pejorative" words...because frankly that is a HIGHLY subjective thing. That way, everyone knows what is and is not acceptable, and RIOT can more easily police these boards without mod emotions coming into play. To clarify, I am NOT claiming that a mod's emotions had anything at all to do with my situation, but there is no denying that it happens. And, yes. I have since seen the rules where they state the word I used is not an acceptable one. Fine. I won't use it. However, those rules have been changed since I started using these boards...I remember the first time I saw it censored, but I digress.
> [{quoted}](name=Boomer,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:36:33.042+0000) > > Perhaps they should just release a comprehensive list of all "pejorative" words...because frankly that is a HIGHLY subjective thing. That way, everyone knows what is and is not acceptable, and RIOT can more easily police these boards without mod emotions coming into play. To clarify, I am NOT claiming that a mod's emotions had anything at all to do with my situation, but there is no denying that it happens. > > And, yes. I have since seen the rules where they state the word I used is not an acceptable one. Fine. I won't use it. However, those rules have been changed since I started using these boards...I remember the first time I saw it censored, but I digress. Yeah, I mean I'm not saying I agree with censorship of words on here regardless of context. I'm just telling you what the mod that removed part of my post earlier told me.
Boomer (OCE)
: Can't believe this is banworthy
So, the r***** word or any other variance of the word is considered pejorative language. Therefore, regardless of context; using the word on the boards will be both censored and removed by moderation as long as someone takes the time to report your comment.
: Even though you didn't use it to insult anyone, please refrain from using pejorative language, such as "r%%%%%." If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000200010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-22T15:34:44.444+0000) > > Even though you didn't use it to insult anyone, please refrain from using pejorative language, such as "r%%%%%." > > If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: > > * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) > * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board I'm fine with you moderating comments on here, but if you are going to moderate a certain phrase, at least be consistent. I would like to know why my comment was the only one changed when other comments on this very thread have used the same word?
: > [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T13:47:04.161+0000) > > Incorrect. Technically speaking, I could take that to passive-aggressively mean that you believe I cannot hold a civilized conversation and I could find that to be insulting. *SOMEONE* will *always* find a way to turn words. > > I simply don't mince mine. I accept there will always be argumentive, immature individuals who will pick a fight, then use the *exact* line you have right here the literal second they realize that not everyone is going to let them talk out their ass about a topic they literally admit to not caring about. Or, you can read that as "I *used to care* but was logically disproven and now exist only to throw shade and prove I need some fries with my salt" either way works. > > Point is, there is a certain etiquette you should exhibit before trying to demand etiquette and play the victim. You get no tears from me with your SJW fallbacks. Next time, I suggest you simply don't go picking fights for the sake of picking fights. LMAO, I don't know why you think I'm playing the victim just because I called you out and I sure as hell don't want any sympathy from you m8. Honestly, was just trying to help you understand how insulting you were being, because I genuinely think that you aren't aware that attacking me lowers the credibility of your own assertions. In essence I was trying to help you realize that you were kind of being a dick. I'm not here to pick a fight or insult you and I probably never will, so relax man.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000002000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T15:46:03.176+0000) > > Still going, huh? > > Alright...I'll do this one more time. And unlike you, who said you were done responding like half-a-dozen comments ago before proving both your hypocrisy and your lack of self-restraint by continuing this anyway and dragging this out, when I say I'm done, I *mean* I'm done. > > If I'm coming across as a dick to you, that's fine by me. It doesn't lower my credibility, because my credibility is based on the topic we were actually discussing before you derailed this into some pitiful sideshow after being disagreed with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that this whole sideshow is annoying. It's not the topic at hand. I didn't log into the boards and join a conversation about Diana to lecture someone about passive-aggressive behavior. And I wasn't accounting, nor did I ever intend to account for, your feelings. > > Our conversation isn't about Diana anymore, this is about your ego, and you trying to make sure I'm known far and wide as "the bad guy" in some way. I got some bad news for you: I really don't give a shit. I came here to talk about Diana, and how to make her feel better in game. You came here to throw some low-effort shitpost about how her *singular* combo is bad, and then decided to make a mountain out of a molehill once you got offended when someone called it out as such. Oh well. I don't really care about your opinion of me as a person, and you obviously have no input to the actual topic. As far as I'm concerned, you're like a fly: you buzz around and annoy things, but you were never here for any relevant reason. > > When the mods come through and delete this whole sidebar, I can only hope they bring a flyswatter. I'm done shooing pests. >.> I guess introspective thinking is beyond your reach. But don't be so conceited, I only continued trying to explain my own point of view to you in the hopes that you would take note of your own faults. You aren't important enough to be labeled as a "bad guy" and I doubt anyone even cares to read this far into our dialogue to come to a conclusion like that anyways. My continued responses were only for your benefit alone, not anybody else's. But the reality of the situation is obvious. Your ego and pride are too large to even consider how rude and insulting you are and I'm done trying to point it out for your sake. Instead continue to attack and insult me as you have done throughout the entire thread, because you are incapable of arguing any other way. I don't even care anymore at this point. ☮
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000002000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T12:26:39.284+0000) > > Say what you will, but at least I'm capable of expressing my opinions without insulting others. :) Incorrect. Technically speaking, I could take that to passive-aggressively mean that you believe I cannot hold a civilized conversation and I could find that to be insulting. *SOMEONE* will *always* find a way to turn words. I simply don't mince mine. I accept there will always be argumentive, immature individuals who will pick a fight, then use the *exact* line you have right here the literal second they realize that not everyone is going to let them talk out their ass about a topic they literally admit to not caring about. Or, you can read that as "I *used to care* but was logically disproven and now exist only to throw shade and prove I need some fries with my salt" either way works. Point is, there is a certain etiquette you should exhibit before trying to demand etiquette and play the victim. You get no tears from me with your SJW fallbacks. Next time, I suggest you simply don't go picking fights for the sake of picking fights.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T13:47:04.161+0000) > > Incorrect. Technically speaking, I could take that to passive-aggressively mean that you believe I cannot hold a civilized conversation and I could find that to be insulting. *SOMEONE* will *always* find a way to turn words. > > I simply don't mince mine. I accept there will always be argumentive, immature individuals who will pick a fight, then use the *exact* line you have right here the literal second they realize that not everyone is going to let them talk out their ass about a topic they literally admit to not caring about. Or, you can read that as "I *used to care* but was logically disproven and now exist only to throw shade and prove I need some fries with my salt" either way works. > > Point is, there is a certain etiquette you should exhibit before trying to demand etiquette and play the victim. You get no tears from me with your SJW fallbacks. Next time, I suggest you simply don't go picking fights for the sake of picking fights. LMAO, I don't know why you think I'm playing the victim just because I called you out and I sure as hell don't want any sympathy from you m8. Honestly, was just trying to help you understand how insulting you were being, because I genuinely think that you aren't aware that attacking me lowers the credibility of your own assertions. In essence I was trying to help you realize that you were kind of being a dick. I'm not here to pick a fight or insult you and I probably never will, so relax man.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000020001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T10:45:46.373+0000) > > I mean its pretty clear when you suggest that i struggle to put on clothes in the morning that you are calling me r%%%%%ed/lazy. Calling my perception shit is also directed at me and not my comment, but its fine. I don't really care whether or not you own up to the shit you say, but I, personally always do on here. > > As for constructive criticism, I have none for the topic, because I believe riot is right for removing the bugged mechanic. > > Also, I am allowed to have an opinion on a bad analogy presented in the op. I said it was garbage and i stand by that. > > As a final note I think I should really explain how accusing someone works in most modern situations. The burden of proof falls on the you to show that I'm biased and in no way shape or form does something I haven't even said qualify as evidence. All you are doing is making assumptions based on what my missing from my comments and analysis, which is the equivalent of saying that I am biased simply because I have never stated that I am neutral/indifferent. > > You are the one who is wanting to discuss all this extra shit, like diana's issues or the combo's fairness. I simply took issue to the op's analogy and offered my own criticism on it. > > I'll say it right now, just to clarify, i don't give a flying fuck about whether diana is strong or not. I am completely indifferent towards the champ. What I do not like is when mains of certain champions come to whine on the boards when their champions are nerfed. You don't see me make a thread on here every time one my favorite champions gets hit with the nerf bat, and that is why it bugs me when others do. If anyone is biased on here it's the people that will blindly up-vote a thread based on who made the thread or whether or not they like the champion being discussed. Only thing worth bothering to address: "I have no constructive criticism." Thank you for admitting, FINALLY, that you're quite literally only here to derail the topic and talk shit.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000200010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T11:37:28.884+0000) > > Only thing worth bothering to address: > > "I have no constructive criticism." > Thank you for admitting, FINALLY, that you're quite literally only here to derail the topic and talk shit. Say what you will, but at least I'm capable of expressing my opinions without insulting others. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000200010000,timestamp=2019-07-21T01:51:39.690+0000) > > Hey pal, I'd love for you to show me all these supposed examples of this "obvious bias" I have against diana. Although, I'm not too surprised you think this way due to your less than cordial responses to most of my comments. It's pretty obvious that you think you are both smarter than me and better at the game, but there are better ways to express this opinion than insulting me. :) My evidence is your lack thereof. In no part of our conversation did you - Say anything actually constructive about the topic (you said "Diana combo is unfair", and "you can't compare Diana to Nadal." Not in a single situation did you ever bother highlighting a single positive note: you merely want to express your joy with the Diana nerf, and shame the OP's comparison of Diana to Nadal.) - Have a point actually centered around Diana's issues, only the issue you took with the analogy of comparing Diana with Nadal (which, to your credit, is fine, Diana isn't nearly adaptable enough to be compared with a professional tennis player who can adapt to multiple situations, but that was never the argument being made) - Consider in any regard that what I've been saying isn't an insult, but my expression that you are ignoring everything you're being opposed by, and writing it off as unimportant or unnecessary nitpicking. So the next time you wanna try projecting your bullshit, please don't pretend I'm your pal. :)
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000002000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T10:22:50.767+0000) > > My evidence is your lack thereof. In no part of our conversation did you > > - Say anything actually constructive about the topic (you said "Diana combo is unfair", and "you can't compare Diana to Nadal." Not in a single situation did you ever bother highlighting a single positive note: you merely want to express your joy with the Diana nerf, and shame the OP's comparison of Diana to Nadal.) > - Have a point actually centered around Diana's issues, only the issue you took with the analogy of comparing Diana with Nadal (which, to your credit, is fine, Diana isn't nearly adaptable enough to be compared with a professional tennis player who can adapt to multiple situations, but that was never the argument being made) > - Consider in any regard that what I've been saying isn't an insult, but my expression that you are ignoring everything you're being opposed by, and writing it off as unimportant or unnecessary nitpicking. > > So the next time you wanna try projecting your bullshit, please don't pretend I'm your pal. :) I mean its pretty clear when you suggest that i struggle to put on clothes in the morning that you are calling me [removed by moderation] /lazy. Calling my perception shit is also directed at me instead of my comment, but its fine. I don't really care whether or not you own up to the shit you say, but I, personally always do on here. As for constructive criticism, I have none for the topic, because I believe riot is right for removing the bugged mechanic. Also, I am allowed to have an opinion on a bad analogy presented in the op. I said it was garbage and i stand by that. As a final note I think I should really explain how accusing someone works in most modern situations. The burden of proof falls on the you to show that I'm biased and in no way shape or form does something I haven't even said qualify as evidence. All you are doing is making assumptions based on what was missing from my comments and analysis, which is the equivalent of saying that I am biased simply because I have never stated that I am neutral/indifferent. You are the one who is wanting to discuss all this extra shit, like diana's issues or the combo's fairness. I simply took issue to the op's analogy and offered my own criticism on it. I'll say it right now, just to clarify, i don't give a flying fuck about whether diana is strong or not. I am completely indifferent towards the champ. What I do not like is when mains of certain champions come to whine on the boards when their champions are nerfed. You don't see me make a thread on here every time one my favorite champions gets hit with the nerf bat, and that is why it bugs me when others do. If anyone is biased on here it's the people that will blindly up-vote a thread based on who made the thread or whether or not they like the champion being discussed.
: > [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-19T14:20:43.298+0000) > > So this Shadowkhan guy is right, but he is explaining it poorly and with the wrong example. > The OP is saying that since Nadal can do "this" should that be "nerfed" or not? To compare a skill to league is a poor way of doing that. And the OP is wrong for saying that. > > Remember, each game you go into your skills carry over, the champion you pick is a tool not a skill. (it's how you play that champion and if that champion is op then you need less skill) The tool you have in tennis is your racket. If Nadal has a very good corner serve, that's fine. Likewise if Nadal is the best Diana in the world that's fine. > > It's when Nadal is using a rocket powered racket to strike the ball with such momentum that the ball launches at over 700 m/h. Likewise if Nadal is the best Diana in the world because Diana can 1 shot everything with a 2 second Q this is not an expression of skill vs abusing a busted mechanic. > > I love Diana, but getting 3 Rs was not healthy and needed to be removed. She does need something, but I don't think a reset on her R is it. Personally I would like something extremely similar to Leona that contrast her, move R to E with significantly less damage (or none) and the new E cannot reset until R is skilled up it will apply an on hit effect (so proc her passive). The new R is basically leonas ult, but on Dianas location that still pulls enemies closer in an AOE. So she can Q W E R E Q E E. Making her incredibly sticky, but really extending that TTK. (Jsut a shower thought.) > > But yeah, the OP is using a bad example, but I still get his point and it's completely accurate. I don't really think you can say a guy is right when his entire perspective is literally just trying to slam everything about a certain champion just because of an obvious bias, with no actual evidence. *YOU* provide not only a logical reasoning, but an alternative methodology that makes logical sense. While I don't know off-hand if I completely disagree or agree with what you're saying either way (read: "it sounds good, but I have no way of testing and actually knowing if it would fix her issues, versus simply changing the one trick she has to a different one trick that just takes more steps unless Riot tries to take this path themselves") I will at the very least say that it's more thought and effort, and therefore more value to the topic, than "reee Diana's *one* combo toxic nerf to ground!" I will also say that despite this being downvoted by someone, I personally don't see too much of an issue with your suggested changes, provided they got the numbers right. If nothing else, it allows them more levers to play with, and evens out her spacing a little more. It may also help open her up to new combos, if they do it right. It's not a bad thought process. I still don't believe that her current combo is particularly overpowered (when considering it's literally her only real burst combo, and if she misses her Q for the reset, she's just dead) but I think I would have to agree I'd like her to feel a little less coin-flippy. As a direct counterpart to Leona, she should have more versatility and tenacity than she currently has. Almost any other assassin has more than one possible combo.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000020001,timestamp=2019-07-21T01:12:54.546+0000) > > I don't really think you can say a guy is right when his entire perspective is literally just trying to slam everything about a certain champion just because of an obvious bias, with no actual evidence. > Hey pal, I'd love for you to show me all these supposed examples of this "obvious bias" I have against diana. Although, I'm not too surprised you think this way due to your less than cordial responses to most of my comments. It's pretty obvious that you think you are both smarter than me and better at the game, but there are better ways to express this opinion than insulting me. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. So what you are saying is remove a difficult mechanic to pull off that made the champion playable in high elo because it lacks counterplay (by the way you can always dodge the q) because it lacks counterplay. Ok then tell me why are there point and click abilities/abilities that you gotta try to miss to actually miss them like malphite r or pantheon w that will more often than not result in you dying. So why can't Diana have a combo that you gotta practice on your own that is extremely punishing if you fuck it up that allows her to one shot her target aka an assassin's only job. The "it lacks counterplay argument " is completely [removed by moderation] because there are much much worse offenders in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=thechosenmaster,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000005,timestamp=2019-07-20T19:08:16.989+0000) > > So what you are saying is remove a difficult mechanic to pull off that made the champion playable in high elo because it lacks counterplay (by the way you can always dodge the q) because it lacks counterplay. Ok then tell me why are there point and click abilities/abilities that you gotta try to miss to actually miss them like malphite r or pantheon w that will more often than not result in you dying. So why can't Diana have a combo that you gotta practice on your own that is extremely punishing if you fuck it up that allows her to one shot her target aka an assassin's only job. The "it lacks counterplay argument " is completely r%%%%%ed because there are much much worse offenders in the game I'm not going to entertain any arguments like that. If you sincerely believe that a broken mechanic should exist in the game just because there are other broken mechanics on other champions then any further discussion will be pointless.
: > [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T12:06:15.208+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ? Jesus christ, how are you playing on 7 ping? guess they didn't remove the bug after all. Can anyone on here replicate this on 60+ ping?
> [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T14:04:32.266+0000) > > combo is not about ping its about being on max posible r range. > 7 ping cuz its replay of game ..... ~~Why would watching a replay change your distance from the server? ~~ nvm i guess 7 ping is just the standard for replays. op's video confused me because I can't tell if its a replay or a recording of someone in practice tool. I'm guessing that original video was a recording thus the 27 ping.
kingkosta22 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T11:54:29.810+0000) > > Nice comeback. You're right, I'm just not good enough to cheat as well as you. Guess we'll never know tho, because this bug was rightly removed. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ?
> [{quoted}](name=kingkosta22,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T12:06:15.208+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnZPaZUm7A ? Jesus christ, how are you playing on 7 ping? guess they didn't remove the bug after all. Can anyone on here replicate this on 60+ ping?
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T22:57:50.717+0000) > > The first time riot tried to remove the bug a season ago they cited the fact that the combo was inconsistent due to ping levels as one of the justifications for removing it. Also, you are right. I've never done it, and guess what? I don't ever plan to knowingly abuse any bugged mechanics in this game. nah boy u dont have hands to do it.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T08:59:56.188+0000) > > nah boy u dont have hands to do it. Nice comeback. You're right, I'm just not good enough to cheat as well as you. Guess we'll never know tho, because this bug was rightly removed. :)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:53:27.177+0000) > > I would think that counter-play was a relatively simple concept. Why was Leblanc's silence removed? Point and click. The same logic applies to this combo. > > As for how hard the actual combo is, its pretty much ping dependent. After a bit of practice Im sure anyone with a low ping could do it consitsently. Well, dia mains at Plat and below were not able to do it consistently. I think I did it once or twice. While every gold+ riven main can animation cancel. For your other point. Leblank had a point and click silence (cc). On a basic ability. And riot for some reason decided that cc in assassins is bad. So they started to remove them, especially silences. For some strange reseason they left her snare which was and is 5 times more troublesome than her silence. And called it counterplay. Leblank still will qrq you for half your hp bar. And you still won't do anything against it unless your reaction time is fast enough to stop Diana rqr. Yes exactly Diana rqr could be stopped. And counterplayed by either flash or displacements (ex: gragas e). Because she is not unstoppable during her dash. Honesty I might be a dia main but the bug fix didn't effect me as in my elo (Plat and below), other Diana players could not rqr not would the players there reach to rqr (they often do not even react to qrr). It's just a nerf for high eol Diana players. which is why the guy made a comparison with tenis and Nadal. It's not that Nadal would be the Diana player, but all the tennis players are Diana mains. But the really good tennis players (Diana players) put in a lot of work to serve aces (rqr).
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-19T09:14:42.931+0000) > > Well, dia mains at Plat and below were not able to do it consistently. I think I did it once or twice. > While every gold+ riven main can animation cancel. > > For your other point. Leblank had a point and click silence (cc). On a basic ability. And riot for some reason decided that cc in assassins is bad. So they started to remove them, especially silences. > > For some strange reseason they left her snare which was and is 5 times more troublesome than her silence. And called it counterplay. > Leblank still will qrq you for half your hp bar. And you still won't do anything against it unless your reaction time is fast enough to stop Diana rqr. > > Yes exactly Diana rqr could be stopped. And counterplayed by either flash or displacements (ex: gragas e). Because she is not unstoppable during her dash. > > Honesty I might be a dia main but the bug fix didn't effect me as in my elo (Plat and below), other Diana players could not rqr not would the players there reach to rqr (they often do not even react to qrr). > It's just a nerf for high eol Diana players. > which is why the guy made a comparison with tenis and Nadal. > > It's not that Nadal would be the Diana player, but all the tennis players are Diana mains. But the really good tennis players (Diana players) put in a lot of work to serve aces (rqr). Whether you like my comparison or not, it should be obvious that diana's ult power budget is balanced around landing the q first. Perhaps a better comparison would be if Katarina could instantly drop her dagger with w and reset her e after using it, thus effectively bypassing the grace period her w is supposed to give the opponent and making it unnecessary to even cast her q first to reset her blink.
4everking5 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:47:53.448+0000) > > So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? > > Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. > > ^ Diana main's logic xD Djokovic just sayin
> [{quoted}](name=4everking5,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:00:40.154+0000) > > Djokovic just sayin When i was growing up the two best rated tennis players were always Federer and Nadal. Honestly had no idea Djokovic is currently the best player. Good for him. :D
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:41:38.890+0000) > > Yawn, very hard to learn combo that depends on having low ping~ don't kid yourself. xD > > p.s. you're bad at insults so just don't bother. :) where u get that info its about having low ping ? i done it over 1k times on NA server while playing with 140 ms ?? what df are u taling about ? u dont even know what u trash talk but still talking like u know anything about it, or like u ever done it or seen it.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:32:44.941+0000) > > where u get that info its about having low ping ? i done it over 1k times on NA server while playing with 140 ms ?? what df are u taling about ? u dont even know what u trash talk but still talking like u know anything about it, or like u ever done it or seen it. The first time riot tried to remove the bug a season ago they cited the fact that the combo was inconsistent due to ping levels as one of the justifications for removing it. Also, you are right. I've never done it, and guess what? I don't ever plan to knowingly abuse any bugged mechanics in this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. My understanding was that the op was actually equating Nadal to the player playing Diana, not Diana. So as long as the op mechanic is difficult enough to execute (ace in tennis), then it is ok for it to be in the game. For the analogy to work, then the mechanic has to be difficult enough that even faker cannot do it consistently. Second, the mechanic must have different levels of success. For example, I have gotten a couple aces in tennis before, but if I was playing against Nadal, he would have had no problem returning it and most likely do a return ace. So for the mechanic to be successful, then it needs to be possible for noobs to do it somewhat successfully, but only have 0 counterplay if done perfectly (which needs to be difficult for pros). This is very difficult since many mechanics in league are simply success or failure (Shurima shuffle for example).
> [{quoted}](name=MidEvilKnight3k,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000004,timestamp=2019-07-18T21:16:38.778+0000) > > My understanding was that the op was actually equating Nadal to the player playing Diana, not Diana. So as long as the op mechanic is difficult enough to execute (ace in tennis), then it is ok for it to be in the game. > > For the analogy to work, then the mechanic has to be difficult enough that even faker cannot do it consistently. > > Second, the mechanic must have different levels of success. For example, I have gotten a couple aces in tennis before, but if I was playing against Nadal, he would have had no problem returning it and most likely do a return ace. > > So for the mechanic to be successful, then it needs to be possible for noobs to do it somewhat successfully, but only have 0 counterplay if done perfectly (which needs to be difficult for pros). This is very difficult since many mechanics in league are simply success or failure (Shurima shuffle for example). Which is exactly why the analogy is bad. The mechanic is dependent on ping not skill.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. so, what's the difference between Diana players doing RQR after a few weeks of practice and alistar players doing WQ after 5 minutes of practice? or riven players doing animation cancels after a few hours of practice? or lee players being able to Q ward hop mid air (and jump behind you) and then R you back in their team?? Where you draw the line of "unfair mechanic" vs "fair mechanic" ? And how do you draw it? A lot of things in this game "lack counterplay". Here's a small list: auto attacks especially auto attacks from ADCs not named Kalista. Point and click skills. Point and click INSTANT CC (aka: fiddle fear, lulu's polimorf, malza's ult, etc). stupid self buffs: olaf's i attack faster and heal if i'm getting low; Trynda's I won't die for 5 seconds ult, similar on Kayle, etc. What's the counterplay of playing Veigar into Fizz? etc The whole crybaby call of "counterplay" is stupid. You can pick any character and this game, and say what that character lacks counterplay and its broken,
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:02:06.105+0000) > > so, what's the difference between Diana players doing RQR after a few weeks of practice and alistar players doing WQ after 5 minutes of practice? > or riven players doing animation cancels after a few hours of practice? > or lee players being able to Q ward hop mid air (and jump behind you) and then R you back in their team?? > > Where you draw the line of "unfair mechanic" vs "fair mechanic" ? > And how do you draw it? > > A lot of things in this game "lack counterplay". > Here's a small list: > auto attacks > especially auto attacks from ADCs not named Kalista. > Point and click skills. > Point and click INSTANT CC (aka: fiddle fear, lulu's polimorf, malza's ult, etc). > stupid self buffs: olaf's i attack faster and heal if i'm getting low; Trynda's I won't die for 5 seconds ult, similar on Kayle, etc. > What's the counterplay of playing Veigar into Fizz? etc > > > The whole crybaby call of "counterplay" is stupid. You can pick any character and this game, and say what that character lacks counterplay and its broken, I would think that counter-play was a relatively simple concept. Why was Leblanc's silence removed? Point and click. The same logic applies to this combo. As for how hard the actual combo is, its pretty much ping dependent. After a bit of practice Im sure anyone with a low ping could do it consitsently.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. hm ? so u are saying every diana main is doing rqr combo like good morning ? wtf u talk about its like few ppl in world doing rqr ?? u cant count if someone randomly does rqr by mistake 1 in 10 games ... so every time u lane vs diana she does rq with reset ? i think u dont even know the combo they talk about.
> [{quoted}](name=kaponiO,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:34:05.287+0000) > > hm ? so u are saying every diana main is doing rqr combo like good morning ? wtf u talk about its like few ppl in world doing rqr ?? u cant count if someone randomly does rqr by mistake 1 in 10 games ... > so every time u lane vs diana she does rq with reset ? i think u dont even know the combo they talk about. Sorry can't respond, because I don't even understand what you are saying. -.-
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:01:07.124+0000) > > Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced. this situation wont happend in lower elo where ppl dotn do simple combos not this hard combo .... what if challenger mid laners dodge diana's q so easy on lane and u cant ever all in them from 100- to 0 and u cant poke ? what to do ? this was only way if u hit rq and get r reset u had chanse to kill them and even then it was coinflip.
> [{quoted}](name=handsøme guy,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:41:39.904+0000) > > this situation wont happend in lower elo where ppl dotn do simple combos not this hard combo .... > what if challenger mid laners dodge diana's q so easy on lane and u cant ever all in them from 100- to 0 and u cant poke ? what to do ? this was only way if u hit rq and get r reset u had chanse to kill them and even then it was coinflip. Either land the q or poke them down until they are low enough to r w e q. The r shouldn't have a guaranteed reset just by walking within range of it.
Nieninque (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-18T13:47:53.448+0000) > > So, what you're saying is that you want Diana to be the Nadal of league of legends? > > Agreed, fuck balancing champions. If a champ has a broken mechanic, they should just keep it. It's the other player's fault for not picking the champion first, because league is just like tennis. If you aren't Nadal or Federer you deserve to lose. > > ^ Diana main's logic xD u talk like every single diana DOES RQR COMBO ahahha this is insane :) maybe 5 people in world does it and u saying like everyone does :D
> [{quoted}](name=Nieninque,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:47:26.390+0000) > > u talk like every single diana DOES RQR COMBO ahahha this is insane :) maybe 5 people in world does it and u saying like everyone does :D Even if what you're saying is true, its still a bug that defeats the purpose of the kit. Assassins should be opportunistic by nature. Running straight in to point and click combo from 900 range doesn't seem like much decision making to me.
ARC RAZIEL (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:01:07.124+0000) > > Uh, what exactly are you trying to say? Just because it's possible to lose with diana doesn't make her abilities/bugs balanced. The comparison to tennis is shit, because Nadal has a significant advantage over other players, whereas league champions should be designed with the same power budget just different mechanics in order for the game to be balanced. i can bet that u faced max 1 diana player who had RQ technique mastered.. so pls dont talk like they all does it . first search on yt what is it then comment.
> [{quoted}](name=ARC RAZIEL,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=0005000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:59:38.838+0000) > > i can bet that u faced max 1 diana player who had RQ technique mastered.. so pls dont talk like they all does it . first search on yt what is it then comment. Wel, who I've faced is irrelevant. The truth is its not a hard combo to master **if you have low ping. **
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. It's *you* that doesn't get it. And you're in total denial, trying to specifically *avoid* getting it. If a champion in your case is an avatar controlled by a player, then the combos that avatar are capable of using are *also* controlled by the player. You do not get to simply r/q everything with no counterplay - you have to go through the process of learning "yes, this *is* possible", then learning how to make it work consistently, then figure out how to make it work consistently in an ever changing environment full of other players who have found similar playstyle exploits on other avatars. It's not that the r/q lacks counterplay. It's that *people such as yourself* lack the desire to *learn and adapt*. This isn't the same as, for example, Kench - where it was literally pointless to play melees against him because of his kit. Or Akali, where she could at one point sit under the enemy tower in her shroud and castrate the enemy laner without turret doing anything. ***THOSE*** are examples I would relate to what you're attempting to say. So it's not like you have *no* point. But in the case of Diana, her one "exploit" is more like an Alistar W/Q combo, or a Riven animation cancel - it's not gamebreaking, there are ways to deal with it, and it frustrates people who lack ability. That's all it is. EDIT: And if I were looking to insult you, and not just tell you that everything you're saying is horse shit, trust me, I can get toxic. That's not my perogative.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:25:54.464+0000) > > It's *you* that doesn't get it. And you're in total denial, trying to specifically *avoid* getting it. > > If a champion in your case is an avatar controlled by a player, then the combos that avatar are capable of using are *also* controlled by the player. You do not get to simply r/q everything with no counterplay - you have to go through the process of learning "yes, this *is* possible", then learning how to make it work consistently, then figure out how to make it work consistently in an ever changing environment full of other players who have found similar playstyle exploits on other avatars. It's not that the r/q lacks counterplay. It's that *people such as yourself* lack the desire to *learn and adapt*. > > This isn't the same as, for example, Kench - where it was literally pointless to play melees against him because of his kit. > Or Akali, where she could at one point sit under the enemy tower in her shroud and castrate the enemy laner without turret doing anything. > ***THOSE*** are examples I would relate to what you're attempting to say. So it's not like you have *no* point. > > But in the case of Diana, her one "exploit" is more like an Alistar W/Q combo, or a Riven animation cancel - it's not gamebreaking, there are ways to deal with it, and it frustrates people who lack ability. That's all it is. > > EDIT: And if I were looking to insult you, and not just tell you that everything you're saying is horse shit, trust me, I can get toxic. That's not my perogative. Yawn, very hard to learn combo that depends on having low ping~ don't kid yourself. xD p.s. you're bad at insults so just don't bother. :)
Scylina (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T14:28:18.687+0000) > > Bro, you just don't get it at all. There is nothing wrong with faker and Nadal having an advantage due to experience, skill, strength, speed or whatever metric you want to use. It's fine because these are individuals who earn their advantages through a combination of hard work and talent. > > Comparing faker or Nadal to a champion just doesn't make sense, because the champions are avatars being controlled by the player. Playing a certain champion should never equate to a superstar athlete playing with less talented or successful ones. All champions should have the same baseline strength in order for the game to be balanced. All you and the op are advocating is keeping diana stronger than the other champions with this tennis analogy. When i play ahri mid vs diana, it shouldn't feel like I'm Andy Roddick playing against Rafael Nadal or in league terms: ryu vs faker. Faker and Nadal earned their reputation and advantages with their own merit, but my opponent didn't earn shit just by picking diana. > > All I'm saying is that the op's analogy was terrible and that diana's rq combo shouldn't be left in the game because it lacks counter-play. Also, im done responding to you, because all you're doing is calling me shit and making assumptions about my skill or intelligence. I get way more creative insults in the normal que games i play nowadays, so you're kind of boring me. While I agree that the name-calling is unwarranted, OP has a point, and their analogy isn't nearly so farfetched as you make it out to be. They're not comparing Diana herself to Nadal or Faker - rather, they're comparing the practice and dedication required to pull off a buggy, RNG-based combo like Diana's RQR, consistently, to those powerhouses. And, if they're able to pull a combo like that off consistently, why shouldn't they be rewarded for it? Better yet, rather than demanding for the combo back, OP's suggesting a way to recreate and balance Diana's combo with an amount of counterplay that can be taken advantage of in higher elo, where Diana mains were really taking advantage of her deceptively high skill cap. They may not be happy with the change, but only because her ability to 100-0 the enemy ADC in a tenth of a second was the core of her identity in upper-level play, and without that, a lot of other assassins are just flat-out better than her at doing her job. Your problem was that you focused on one single part of OP's argument, and didn't even properly interpret it. It's no wonder all of your comments have been downvoted. :/
> [{quoted}](name=Scylina,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dFvb09E8,comment-id=000500000000000000000003,timestamp=2019-07-18T18:27:10.358+0000) > > While I agree that the name-calling is unwarranted, OP has a point, and their analogy isn't nearly so farfetched as you make it out to be. They're not comparing Diana herself to Nadal or Faker - rather, they're comparing the practice and dedication required to pull off a buggy, RNG-based combo like Diana's RQR, consistently, to those powerhouses. And, if they're able to pull a combo like that off consistently, why shouldn't they be rewarded for it? > > Better yet, rather than demanding for the combo back, OP's suggesting a way to recreate and balance Diana's combo with an amount of counterplay that can be taken advantage of in higher elo, where Diana mains were really taking advantage of her deceptively high skill cap. They may not be happy with the change, but only because her ability to 100-0 the enemy ADC in a tenth of a second was the core of her identity in upper-level play, and without that, a lot of other assassins are just flat-out better than her at doing her job. > > Your problem was that you focused on one single part of OP's argument, and didn't even properly interpret it. It's no wonder all of your comments have been downvoted. :/ idrc about downvotes, people on here are sheep by nature m8. Also, i don't consider a highly ping dependent combo that anyone with lower ping can do without only a little practice comparable to nadal being able to serve ridiculously hard. His dumb analogy is irrelevant though, because bugs like this should be removed. Especially those that lack counter-play.
Show more

The Hanged Man

Level 220 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion