Rioter Comments
: > Ever since the Jungle got nerfed hard .... *What are you talking about m8*
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2edAhLN7,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-10T16:48:17.954+0000) > > .... > > *What are you talking about m8* Jungle used to have a lot more power over how the game operated, enough to the point where gold wasn't really a necessity. And if jung did get a lot of gold, it usually resulted from them snow balling on a few kills. Top it off, at the moment it's really hard for a jungler to fall behind in levels, but not in gold. Before the jungle changes jungle could fall behind massively in both level and gold. When League of Legend first was out, Jung operated more a support so it wasn't really a powerful position. All they would really do is bounce around the lanes looking for wards and placing a few. And they would be sustained only by a couple of gold items. Then you had the shit that Udyr would start doing, from Trick2g's hay-days. Then you had the days where smite did different things at different camps, and golems were guarded by two reptiles... then weird golemn things. And gold was a little safer to get. That probably was when it was at it's strongest. When you still had boot enchantments, a wide variety of viable jungle options, and the devourer which worked well on a number of champions.
: I haven't read this post but I will say this, forgive me if you have said this, I can't be bothered to read it. With the removal of the on hit %HP damage, she stood for significant buffs to compensate for the loss. However, Kindred has a very big stigma being "ADC getting free gold in the jungle". I highly doubt they'll make her an actual champion again for a while. When they do, she'll be super strong again.
> [{quoted}](name=HeyGuysNidHere,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2edAhLN7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-07T20:08:05.028+0000) > > I haven't read this post but I will say this, forgive me if you have said this, I can't be bothered to read it. > > With the removal of the on hit %HP damage, she stood for significant buffs to compensate for the loss. However, Kindred has a very big stigma being "ADC getting free gold in the jungle". I highly doubt they'll make her an actual champion again for a while. When they do, she'll be super strong again. Getting free gold in the jungle............... free gold....... in the.... jungle........ Are we playing the right jungle? Ever since the Jungle got nerfed hard, you will never see Jungle get more gold than laners. Old Kindred was great in the since that she didn't need as much gold as a typical ADC to do the hurting. Her natural percentile damage meant she just stacked attack speed after building a BotRK and a cleaver. New Kindred is just a gold whore, and her designed position doesn't provide it. On top of that, her uniqueness was completely stripped away which would have been a GOD send in the tank meta.
nelogis (EUW)
: A buff that could bring Kindred back to to the spotlight
I wouldn't really call it a buff, just an annoying gimmic. It's way too situational.
: Runes Corner: More Precision Runes
Alacrity would be great on Old Kindred.... damn you for ruining her ;-;
: Kindred, powerful or powerless
I miss the old days of kindred. This new one feels better to players who didn't like her insanely aggressive early game play style... and how good you had to be at predicting the enemy jungler, or that your laners are good enough to push the lanes up. and to be fair this was because she is really weak early game. But it completely destroyed her identity as a Reaper. Now she's just a generic ADC that's kinda ok. Compared to other ADCs, there's nothing making her a unique contribution. And sadly Kindred was what got me to love LoL. Sigh... and now instead of a poeitic duo who are the canonical reapers... we got an edge lord doing it better in game.
: The thing is that you get to use a summoner spell, even if much weaker, many more times than you could before, something that none of the other summoner spells will have if this is the only rune like this and its for a summoner spell that's already taken by everyone almost all the time.
True. But it won't be as useful in combat. I'd see it more useful for Junglers and Assassins who need to move around the map through certain routes to avoid detection. You can use it to initiate but you'll lose opportune moments a lot. The other thing to consider is that there may be more powerful runes to take for what you are trying to do.
: @Riot: please do not add "channel blink" as a rune. It will make flash EVEN MORE mandatory.
I sincerely doubt that Channeled blink is going to make flash mandatory. The way it currently behaves basically suggests that it is used to surprise people. Meanwhile flash is taken for escape and play making potential. Channeled blink is just going to be a situational rune that might not get value in most circumstances.
: smite still isn't adaptive
I don't think a smite that gives you individual tankyness would be a good idea in the current meta. Tanks are already a bit overloaded at the moment. But Green smite tends to be a good alternative for people who will normally take Red or Blue. Except for Lee Sin, he absolutely needs green.
: Riot doesn't care Kindred... Ivern.. These are all champions that Riot failed to realize would be impossible to balance properly. Now they are both over nerfed with playrates that are fractions of what they once were and Riot doesn't give a shit because they are too busy giving Ahri more skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Blessed1990,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEnlBz2W,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-09T22:30:48.253+0000) > > Riot doesn't care > > Kindred... Ivern.. > > These are all champions that Riot failed to realize would be impossible to balance properly. Now they are both over nerfed with playrates that are fractions of what they once were and Riot doesn't give a shit because they are too busy giving Ahri more skins. Champions can be balanced well. It's just Riot always does something stupid.
ReneeFT (NA)
: I got banned FOREVER
If you were banned forever, it means that you had multiple infractions, warnings, or you did something that was a complete breach of the TOS. I -highly- doubt you are telling the full story.
: Can Ornn upgrade items without purchasing them for himself?
I'd be able to give you an answer... if there was a way to GET INTO PBE WITHOUT BUYING AN ACCOUNT FROM WARWICK!
: * Low range * Only single target damage * Has to stick to her target for at least 3 hits in order to get most of her damage off * No built in waveclear * Squishy
> [{quoted}](name=TouchFluffyTaiI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j6BbL8b3,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-08-09T15:03:59.303+0000) > > * Low range > * Only single target damage > * Has to stick to her target for at least 3 hits in order to get most of her damage off > * No built in waveclear > * Squishy There are a large number of champions who can only do Single target damage effectively. And the wave clear issue isn't exclusive to Vayne and there are ways to fix it. The three hit problem is present in a lot of high damage champions as well, Vayne is just able to do it at a much safer distance, and with a surprising amount of mobility when her ult is off cool down. Sticking to an enemy is not an issue to ADCs. ADCs tend to attack the things nearest to them, or the highest threat. They aren't expected to have the most kills, just push out a lot of sustainable damage. The fact that Vayne only needs to damage someone within three seconds of their death is bullshit. I don't know though. I'm not saying she didn't need buffs, and I'm not saying she needed buffs. I'm saying that there's probably far better options to give her a buff then to make her even harder to kill than she already can be.
: That defeats her entire purpose of being the super tank buster
I don't know... if a tank buster is allowed to kill someone and get a huge chunk of their HP back, there needs to be something that keeps her from being the next OP to molest solo-q for absolutely no reason. That's basically giving a glass canon the tankyness of freaking Graves without all the problems that Graves suffers.
: Why does Ornn get a massively upgraded Poppy charge?
At least the saving grace here is that Ornns mana cost are massive. But knowing Rito that will change and suddenly Ornn is a better poppy. Just without the hard to kill nature that is poppy.
: @Riot So with all the upset about the Vayne buffs
I don't think Riot actually cares what the community thinks about the buffs or nerfs they make. I'm more curious about what in the blue hell has gotten into their minds on giving someone who does max percentile health damage, and very quickly, such a strong sustain for killing someone with her ult. It's not even that hard to do with her... so why is she getting such a powerful reward for just pressing R and auto attacking?
: What ever man, believe what you will. You're obviously got this set in your head.
Again, believe what you will. If you want to argue about ADCs being too powerful so bad, go bitch to meddler about giving Vayne built in sustain on her ult.
: Those are all ultimates but a few and do not knock a bruiser down by 60% of their HP in 1 second as you claimed.
What ever man, believe what you will. You're obviously got this set in your head.
: Abything but buffs I hope. She's sitting comfortably at 52ish% at plat+
Except that the people who pick her are her mains. So naturally at such a low pick rate, people are going to be doing exceptionally well, because they play her all the damned time. Riot already mention they don't look at winrates for buffs and nerfs. They already proved that when they buffed Akali for some damned reason.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 8
@Meddler Make sure they don't do to Azir what they did to Kindred. When they 'moved her power else where' they took a lot of power away and made her from a beautiful monster to an declawed kitten.
: Who? Cho'Gath ult boosted by stoneplate?
Lucian ult + BOTRK, Twitch ult, Vayne + Duskblade ult, Vi standard combos, Urgot's shotgun knees mid game, Nasus, Veigar when matched against someone who doesn't understand how to play safe, Cassiopeia, Orianna has been known for one shotting ADCs and chunking tanks without ever popping ult, Riven, Kindred's skill rotation when she reaches her late game, Shin works wonders on Bruisers - not so much tanks, Warwick, Yasuo, Kayne with just a cleaver... the list goes on. Honestly, what you presented with Xayah is making a mountain out of a mole hill. You also forgot two major problems in how her ult works. The ult fires six feathers in a fan formation. If she's in point blank range, then yes... all six feathers will hit. But here's the problem. The arrows going out will not damage an enemy more than once. This means if you use it like a shotgun, at most you can only get 200 +100% Bonus AD once. The recall is what hurts. To chunk a bruiser like you claim you need to land a good number of those quills on recall. Because the ult fires this in a fan formation they need to get fairly close to you, even if you were to stretch the height of that cone. Here's the second problem. During the time of her ult, she's untargetable, sure. But she's at her most vulnerable state inside the ult as well. Why? Control over her movement is now limited and is very predictable. She stands out among the chaos as she floats over head, making it easier for players to see exactly where she is. And lastly she just burned her only escape, and it will be down for the rest of the fight. A bruiser, or a tanky support can simply face tank the ult and line up a stun, a knock up, a grab, or burst her immediately, or what ever to keep her from recalling. Given how squishy she is, and how poorly some of the sustain items works for her. She will die almost immediately if anyone gets ontop of her. This is why higher ELO Xayah's do not recommend using the ult for anything except for an "Oh Shit" button.
: No, the problem is that jungle exp is garbage, so junglers camp lanes because the exp soak puts them ahead of the enemy jungler no matter how well they're doing with conventional jungling.
> [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r5YcM2Qw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-08-07T17:45:28.952+0000) > > No, the problem is that jungle exp is garbage, so junglers camp lanes because the exp soak puts them ahead of the enemy jungler no matter how well they're doing with conventional jungling. Not necessarily true. Constantly ganking will set a Jungler behind. This is why we jung mains find "just gank my lane! It's easy exp and gold!" so annoying. XP soaking might be nice, but you are also falling behind in gold. Which is pretty damned important given that a Jung has the second worst income. And the XP we get from clearing our camps is worth far more than soaking XP. Why? Read up on our jungle items. This is why a Jung will usually hit level 3 or 4 (if you start at raptors with a champion that can do it efficiently) before anyone else in the game. The jungle has what is called catch up experience. This means that the XP is boosted slightly for the Jungler who's killing stronger creatures. This boost is further enhanced by their jungle item. This is simply to keep the Jungler from falling too far behind while he's running around the Jungle. If you want to set the enemy Jung behind, there's two MAJOR camps you need to counter jungle after the start up. The Raptor and Krug camps. This is because these two camps will offer the most experience and gold. Because there is so many things that you need to kill. If your jungler is able to keep contesting these two camps, he will make the enemy jung his bitch. But for the Jung to do this safely, he needs lane pressure. His lanes must be pushing into the enemy tower, which will most likely keep the laners from collapsing on him while he invades. I've kept the enemy Jungler at least 5 levels behind me just by constantly killing his krugs, and crimsons, and stealing his buffs when I have the chance. I didn't have to gank or counter gank. Because the enemy jung would just feed if he tried to gank. The gap was made larger because I kept setting him back by killing him in his own jungle.
: Ornn looks SO GOD DAMN GOOD.
I'd ship him with {{champion:203}} Sheep, Wolf, and Ram.
: New champion is already broken
Can't be a ram without CC bro.
: 6 feather nuke is literally 40% of a bruisers HP. What?
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Th8U3OOY,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-07T18:05:16.719+0000) > > 6 feather nuke is literally 40% of a bruisers HP. What? Oh wow... so impressive. Meanwhile you have several other champions who can blow apart 60% of a bruisers HP in a single second.
: Kalista upgrade.
Or just give her this. https://img-new.cgtrader.com/items/78788/28d6d0c2bb/ballista-3d-model-max-obj-fbx.jpg
: Ornn's passive?
Each player gets one special upgrade. Also, let it hit the servers before worrying about it being busted. Personally I'm fine with it. I'm honestly excited to see this passive in action, because it is different from a "3 hit passive".
: Well it more of imagination that it gonna be busted. On paper things sound broken
> [{quoted}](name=MrDerpMaster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7OiErlh1,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-08-07T17:51:32.568+0000) > > Well it more of imagination that it gonna be busted. On paper things sound broken Nah... to me it just sounds like a mobile equivalent to Dota 2's special shop. In Dota 2, there are two shops. The fountain shop where you buy basic items. And then the secret shop where you do your upgrades and stuff. The problem was the hidden shop is hidden inside the jungle, and the spawn location is random. And it's near always near the the center of the map. And its location can favor one of the teams. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/134182/2466516-dota+2+shops.png
: Ancient coin (and Janna) are busted.
Funny thing is... nerfing the coin doesn't really hurt Janna. She's been strong well before the coin buffs. It hurts her strongest counter pick, Sona.
: So Ornn's Passive is actually gonna be busted
Guys, just let it hit the servers before complaining about it being OP or not.
: Sejuani Orn Braum in one team
F*ck that. Ornn, Kindred, Sol, Tahm. Mountain Smith, Grim Reaper, Star Forger, Demon of Greed
: I want a mage champ - think something similiar to A d2/d3 Sorc or Wizard. Pure mage ranged spellpower. Traditional robe/staff.
You're probably not going to see that style. Champions are designed to be immediately recognizable when you paint them completely black and put them on a white screen. Making another mage with a traditional robe and staff will just muddy things up without some attrocious levels of design work.
: You're saying the 6 feather nuke isn't a lot of damage? Only Ashe and Kalista kite better than Xayah, and Ashe is putting it roughly.
Yes I am saying the six feather nuke isn't a lot of damage, because the likely hood of you getting hit by all six are slim. The -recall- is the part that hurts. And that completely depends on if she has it up or not. Which is why her core item is essence reaver. It helps reduce that long cool down and scales the damage on her E.
Pscythepath (EUNE)
: What you think about Ornn?
His passive... RIOT! YOU'RE DOING RIGHT BY ME! No sarcasm! Honestly I like that riot is getting creative with passives. But I hope to f*cking god they don't nerf the crap out of this like they did for Kindred's marks.
: Xayah has a speed boost on her W when auto attacking and her E to kite. She can use her ultimate to escape and even nuke using her E with it, which is very absurd. Xayah deals too much damage, and her flaws is that she deals too much damage for having the second-third best kiting.
Her escape ability is on her -ULT- with the cool down of an ult. Which she must choose to use it for damage or not. The ult alone doesn't deal a lot of damage, and it can actually miss when people are in the cone. It's the recall that actually gets you. Also there are ADCs who still kite much better than Xayah and can get their damage off more reliably. Xayah's strength is area control, not kiting. It's a biproduct, and someone who knows how to move in a way to chase Xayah will avoid being struck by her root on the E. Kalista, Kogmaw, Kindred, Ashe, Lucian, Tristana these champions have a better time kiting than Xayah.
: http://img00.deviantart.net/3293/i/2016/263/b/a/even_moar_triggered_by_megaanimationfan-dai9pa1.png
Heeeeey now. Just calm down veigar! I mean, out of all of this you're only getting the -short- end of the stick.
: Xayah already does way too much damage and nerfs to Crit (but price reductions) will make her more balanced on the fact she invalidates melees using her E. Also she has a massive damage boost in her W (20% more is a ton). If she's weak, slightly buff her W then. This is just a general changelist and isn't absolute. If you have a genuine problem, then please suggest a solution if you can. Kindred is in a wonky place. Worth buffing, but also really just needing a rework. Most Kindred do one of the following builds: {{item:1412}} + {{item:3087}} + {{item:3031}} {{item:3715}} + {{item:3031}} + {{item:3087}} This changelist would probably be a buff to the second build path (which is unironically viable and used), though I'd rather just buff Kindred in general.
Except that Xayah is one of the few ADCs with limited kiting abilities, pretty much no forms of escape, or reliable self peel. Her whole power comes from area control, and she lives and breaths in team fights if she can avoid being dived on top of by a Jarvan. Her damage is fine for all of the flaws she has.
TimeDude (EUNE)
: Aatrox
I find it interesting that he gave an email... when they already have his email...
: Solution to the problem of ADCs, Tanks, and Support items being too powerful.
You do understand that most of the changes you suggested for ADCs are going to throw multiple champions into the dumpster? There are a number of champions who are completely dependent on Crits. {{champion:498}} {{champion:203}} for example. The price also doesn't even justify the output at this point either.
: More like {{champion:10}} You should be able to walk off the Kindred zone before recasting ult, since it doesn't heal until after and the minimum damage threshold is well below 20%.
> [{quoted}](name=SzGamer227,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=9tWF3pZ8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-08-07T02:22:50.287+0000) > > More like {{champion:10}} > > You should be able to walk off the Kindred zone before recasting ult, since it doesn't heal until after and the minimum damage threshold is well below 20%. Kayle can not use her ult on an ulted target. The victim is untargetable. The heal at the end of Kindred's ult does not save you. It's the time between Kindred's 4 second duration that saves lives. Also you say that urgot is capable of walking out of the ult range. But that is harder to do than you think. Because the recast happens so quick, and Urgot isn't exactly fast.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Am I the only one sick of Corki mid?
Avios1 (NA)
: Whenever I see a Low-Health Enemy as Urgot:
And then {{champion:203}} ruins it for you.
: i love her pretty sure i have damn near the most mastery alive on her ... but in higher elos she doesnt really get fed like she is in that gif. and when ur behind its kinda like well ima go afk farm now
Except unlike most assassins Quinn can still be a bitch to deal with even when she's been feeding.
: It's like a jungle in this habitat
Damn... did that Lee sin even touch his camps?
: you've NEVER seen the yasuo knockup squad {{champion:54}} {{champion:62}} ?
> [{quoted}](name=Big Lincoln,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OlPPv3ZO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-06T19:29:56.721+0000) > > you've NEVER seen the yasuo knockup squad {{champion:54}} {{champion:62}} ? Nope. The most common champion I've seen role with a Yasuo is {{champion:497}} Flash into their death ball with ult and shield up. Be uncle bad touch with your Quickening ability. group them up and get a five man knock up. And I've done it with a friend. Note I suggest doing this with AP Rakan(Top/Mid/Support). Not only will your shield be strong enough to keep you alive, but you'll be putting in a good chunk of damage to help Yasuo finish them off.
: why is yasuo the only non-marksmen teamcomps get built around
I don't think I've seen a Team Comp actually built around Yasuo... or ADCs really. It's just most champions work well with other champions. A team of people who just don't know how to fucking die? {{champion:23}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:26}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:34}} A team centralized on killing knock ups? {{champion:157}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:3}} A team of Dunk? {{champion:122}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:254}} The Jungle Book? {{champion:64}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:427}} Bring me dat ass? {{champion:223}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:76}}
IZ4K (NA)
: Taliyah in free rotation at last!
And this is where I start lying low. I've been killed by so many Taliah ults from my own team mates.
: Really?? Dude my early game on Aatrox is Op, but I take ignite and start w. As quints, ad reds, cdr blues, scaling hp yellows. Rush Botrk. Berserker greaves. I play him super safe, blood price till passive is almost procced, than blood thirst, cs with AA only, and save abilities for engage. When my passive is up I'll trade, than back off. Rinse and repeat. When I play Aatrox I play super safe until my passive is almost up, and I max W first hardcore. I normally always get first blood. My early and mid is super stronk with him, but late game it falls off.
Except how often do people actually see Aatrox? And how many people have you ran into so far that seems to know how to deal with him? The moment you run into that one person who understands how the champion works, and all the flaws he comes with he -will- be disrespecting your presence. That may change with his rework. But honestly, Ryze is probably going to get three more reworks before that ever happens.
: Is Aatrox sleeper OP?
No... he's not a Sleeper OP. He's a champion no one really uses so people probably forgot what he does. But when you know what he does, and you fight against him, he's just all around shit. The worlds worst hitbox for E. A knock up that is hard to land because it has one big freaking tell and takes forever to come down not to mention how small the hitbox is for the knock up. A passive that sounds nice on paper, but when it's triggered people just wait for you to get back up and kill you again because your passive is what makes you stronger. You need to spend health for damage for some freaking reason. Your early game is horrible, but your late game doesn't compensate.
Moooose2 (NA)
: You're in bronze 5. Anything works there. No he isn't sleeper op.
> [{quoted}](name=Moooose2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y8iopNBr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-06T15:02:58.099+0000) > > You're in bronze 5. Anything works there. No he isn't sleeper op. You don't need to target someone's ranks.
Show more

The Leo Cat

Level 26 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion