Wukongz (EUNE)
: I still have a bunch of those lying around. I used to have maybe 300 cards at one point but I somehow managed to set most of them on fire <_<
For me it was all of my good cards being put into the washing machine at once. It was maybe 150 rare cards, with most of them being very rare.
Wukongz (EUNE)
: I have a card where he's called "Sharp Swordman Fighter" for some reason: http://s13.postimg.org/t48shmrs5/IMG_20160324_204750.jpg
I remember those knock-off cards. When I was younger I got a set of fake you-gi-of cards with effects such as "your opponent must either yell out the name of a card in his hand, or reveal the next 3 cards in his deck" The names were also on the same level of silly "super ccyborg mega-missile-shark
Wukongz (EUNE)
: Aurelion Sol's greatest counter
For when {{champion:136}} gets really fed (http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/3/31/DarkPaladin-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20130820114112)
Rioter Comments
Neamean (NA)
: What If Cosmic Reaver is Cannon?
If cosmic {{champion:38}} was a cannon, he would be a very shitty cannon. Where the hell does he launch projectiles from? Where is the trigger? How the hell do I load him with blasting powder? How the fuck do I aim him? http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Cannon-Used-to-Fire-Drugs-over-Mexico-U-S-Border-2.jpg
Nørse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-11T02:34:29.817+0000) > > So, in other words, the usual Vayne-tard? Yeah, pretty much. Everyone wants to be Doublelift/Uzi.
> [{quoted}](name=Snugglepants,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-11T02:35:46.438+0000) > > Yeah, pretty much. Everyone wants to be Doublelift/Uzi. <>What does it matter, if they have 4 point and clicks stuns, I am a pro-lcs-diamond-Faker-Jesus-Buddah-God himself-player who can wreck these scrubs with my skills. >Vayne dies because 4 people stun-locked her with point and click cc > all chat: fking hackers, Play champs that take reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel $killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll$$$$$$$ > tries to solo the entire enemy team 5 times in a row, dying every fking time 85% of all Vayne games involve that scenario in one form or the other
Nørse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-03-06T20:00:52.106+0000) > > How the fk does a team lose in that situation? The vayne never groups, and only engages the enemy when it is 1v4 at least. Ahri kept trying to start barons when we could have easily just choked out their jungle. (All outers down, to our no outers down.) Vayne told us to fck off whenever we asked her to group up, and all the team fights were close despite ahri missing charm on snared targets 7 times in a row. Just came down to the constant 4v5 and scaling. Vayne kept dying trying to split push towers to zed, and we couldn't tower dive the top inhib tower where we were applying pressure to try and help vayne. (If we went to the lane vayne was in, she switched to the another. So she was actively avoiding grouping.)
> [{quoted}](name=Snugglepants,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-03-11T02:11:01.670+0000) > > The vayne never groups, and only engages the enemy when it is 1v4 at least. Ahri kept trying to start barons when we could have easily just choked out their jungle. (All outers down, to our no outers down.) Vayne told us to fck off whenever we asked her to group up, and all the team fights were close despite ahri missing charm on snared targets 7 times in a row. Just came down to the constant 4v5 and scaling. Vayne kept dying trying to split push towers to zed, and we couldn't tower dive the top inhib tower where we were applying pressure to try and help vayne. (If we went to the lane vayne was in, she switched to the another. So she was actively avoiding grouping.) So, in other words, the usual Vayne-tard?
New Year (NA)
: GD tuck me in bed please
: What team compositions counter each other?
: {{champion:75}} Main here. Please for the love of god, unless it's a teemo or a lane that is nearly impossible to farm in regardless, do NOT, I REPEAT, do NOT, use your E early. If they are super aggressive early, LET THEM. Just get to tower and keep the wave there, farm your Q, get fat, carry. At level 6 - 70-100 At 10 minutes - 140 - 200 At 20 minutes - 500 - 550 This is just an average you should try to go for. You can still have like 5 kills and get 500 stacks at 20 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=laughup02,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-03-07T00:34:05.580+0000) > > {{champion:75}} Main here. > > Please for the love of god, unless it's a teemo or a lane that is nearly impossible to farm in regardless, do NOT, I REPEAT, do NOT, use your E early. If they are super aggressive early, LET THEM. Just get to tower and keep the wave there, farm your Q, get fat, carry. > > At level 6 - 70-100 > At 10 minutes - 140 - 200 > At 20 minutes - 500 - 550 > > This is just an average you should try to go for. You can still have like 5 kills and get 500 stacks at 20 minutes. Since you main {{champion:75}}, could you tell me how you are supposed to face {{champion:48}} in lane without losing terrible. I can usually go average against most opponents, but i have trouble especially against trundle any suggestions?
: I Dare You to Down vote This!
: {{champion:112}}: Son wake up! Today you will learn about the glorious evolution and why you are better than everyone else. {{champion:53}}: But daddy, I want to be with all the other kids {{champion:112}}: Son, do not associate yourself with those blasphemous meatbag peasants. You are the future, the final form of evolution {{champion:53}} But daddy, my friend told me to use my powers to help others. {{champion:112}} Your friend is a living blob of limbed mucus. He's a literal bugger. {{champion:154}} You called my name?
{{champion:53}} Daddy may I please leave the house? Please daddy? {{champion:112}} Son, do not degrade yourself with this mucus. Only by staying true to the evolution can you reach your full potential. {{champion:154}} Hey Blitz, Orianna will be there. C'mon. CRASH!!!!!!! {{champion:53}} Daddy, I'll be back by 7:00. {{champion:112}} Dammit, guess I'll go shoot lasers at Jayce in the meantime.
: Champions and their Childhoods
{{champion:112}}: Son wake up! Today you will learn about the glorious evolution and why you are better than everyone else. {{champion:53}}: But daddy, I want to be with all the other kids {{champion:112}}: Son, do not associate yourself with those blasphemous meatbag peasants. You are the future, the final form of evolution {{champion:53}} But daddy, my friend told me to use my powers to help others. {{champion:112}} Your friend is a living blob of limbed mucus. He's a literal bugger. {{champion:154}} You called my name?
: I Dare You to Down vote This!
: Which is scarier, a super farmed Nasus, Bard, Sion, Thresh, or Veigar?
: Well, most of mine were because I was playing a split pusher and my team just didn't realize I existed and thought because they kept losing 4 vs 5 the game was over... But one time me and 3 random teammates in ranked surrendered while our 5th teammate, who was something ridiculous like 20/5 or so, was beating on the enemy ~~inhibitor~~ nexus towers. The guy was trashtalking everybody all game long and our entire team started derping around doing jack shit after about 10 minutes into the game. The guy was singlehandidly carrying but he managed to piss off all 4 other players so badly that nobody wanted to take the free win LOL. It was hilarious. The guy went ballistic in post game chat.
> [{quoted}](name=LiveYiOrDieHard,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-03-06T22:31:51.623+0000) > > Well, most of mine were because I was playing a split pusher and my team just didn't realize I existed and thought because they kept losing 4 vs 5 the game was over... > > But one time me and 3 random teammates in ranked surrendered while our 5th teammate, who was something ridiculous like 20/5 or so, was beating on the enemy inhibitor towers. > > The guy was trashtalking everybody all game long and our entire team started derping around doing jack shit after about 10 minutes into the game. The guy was singlehandidly carrying but he managed to piss off all 4 other players so badly that nobody wanted to take the free win LOL. It was hilarious. The guy went ballistic in post game chat. You responded to his rage with "worth" right? That makes it all worth it.
: towers should do more damage that is also blocked more by armor than the normal ratio
Nørse (NA)
: 17/3/19 amumu.
> [{quoted}](name=Snugglepants,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ZKl6IXru,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-06T19:51:18.649+0000) > > 17/3/19 amumu. How the fk does a team lose in that situation?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ur not suppose to spam e cuz it pushes ur lane
> [{quoted}](name=Grimspeake,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-06T18:50:37.902+0000) > > Ur not suppose to spam e cuz it pushes ur lane I'm not using it to push lane though, the reason i use E is that the people i usually face in lane will be as aggressive as possible. If I don't use E to scare them off for a second, they use every ability they can on me the second i approach the minions.
: > [{quoted}](name=VikingRaid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-06T18:21:20.037+0000) > > You're doing fine if you have 100 at 10 minutes and 300 at 20 minutes. Late game try for 500 100 at 10 minutes is around 32 last hits with Q. Just the time from 2:00 to 10:00 is enough time, at base, level 1 Q cooldown, for 60 last hits. If a Nasus can only last hit around half the time with Q he is able to either the lane is fucking him over or he is bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-03-06T18:40:40.166+0000) > > 100 at 10 minutes is around 32 last hits with Q. Just the time from 2:00 to 10:00 is enough time, at base, level 1 Q cooldown, for 60 last hits. If a Nasus can only last hit around half the time with Q he is able to either the lane is fucking him over or he is bad. The problem i have is that I find myself short on mana, due to how aggressive most of the top-laners i face are. I find myself pretty-much forced to use e a lot, just to make them fk off and give me some room to cs. This leaves me short on mana, with a limited ability to get stacks.
esmelar (NA)
: {{champion:161}} I can shoot lasers too
: Would still be more useful than {{champion:17}}
Teemo has that op auto-taunt passive though, which can cause whole teams to die.
: You're doing fine if you have 100 at 10 minutes and 300 at 20 minutes. Late game try for 500
> [{quoted}](name=VikingRaid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-06T18:21:20.037+0000) > > You're doing fine if you have 100 at 10 minutes and 300 at 20 minutes. Late game try for 500 Right now I get around 60-80 at 10 (depends on lane opponent), 180-270 (Lane opponent and gank dependent), with around 320-450 late game. The main problem I find with early game laning is that I run out of mana, due to having to use E so that opponents will fk off for a bit. Also how should I face {{champion:48}} in lane, since whenever i face one it feels like there is nothing I can do to stop him?
Destaice (NA)
: What makes you think there's an answer to that? There are a lot of factors that contribute to CS. Was Nasus getting ganked? Was he getting zoned from CS? Was his team ganking? Was he zoning the enemy? Did Nasus TP to another lane to gank? Was he vs enemies that spawn minions? (Illaoi or Yorick for example). There are ideal amounts of stacks to have I suppose but the constantly changing conditions of the game make your question somewhat pointless.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=w13EuEIr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-06T18:09:15.064+0000) > > What makes you think there's an answer to that? > > There are a lot of factors that contribute to CS. Was Nasus getting ganked? Was he getting zoned from CS? Was his team ganking? Was he zoning the enemy? Did Nasus TP to another lane to gank? Was he vs enemies that spawn minions? > > There are ideal amounts of stacks to have I suppose but the constantly changing conditions of the game make your question somewhat pointless. I am not really looking for anything too specific, just the average amount of stacks {{champion:75}} should have in a somewhat-equal lane ( both me and the opponent get a successful gank, neither team really loses a lane, opposing laner isn't a hard counter but i don't hard-counter them either). So yeah it is an ideal scenario, however that is what i need right now as I am just looking for goals I should be trying for as I get better with Nasus.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Heh, reminds me of another one. http://www.deviantart.com/art/How-to-train-your-dragon-5-341604687
You can tell which one is fake, by the fake breasts.
Ipkiss (NA)
: this game sucks now
They focused too much on pro-play, alienating 99.9% of the player base. This trend will probably reverse when players start quitting in droves due to the overwhelming mount of changes, and Riot's profit margins take a serious hit.
Kinjishi (NA)
: Those bombs burned Olaf's beard. You don't mess with the beard.
: basically he is crying that 95% of the game wan't nerfs while the 3% in diamond masters and challanger say no there for the 3% should get what ever they want. ignore the majority who just want to have fun to ruin the game and listen to the 1% that play at pro level.
The pro-scene is actually only 0.1% of the player base, making it even more outrageous that the game is being based around them. Riot's trend of making the game more and more centered around the LCS probably won't change until their profit margin's drop by 10%, which judging by most peoples dislike of the pre-season isn't that far way.
: Love in League of Legends' Storytelling
: Ask Shaco, the Demon Jester
Dear Shakalaka-Shaco, I thank you for returning the cart, it has now reverted to its state as a wood elemental and milked the goat for more cheese. To your question, my body is controlled by my need to make dairy products; which is why I have sent you 4 other carts with shredded Parmesan. Please use responsibly, with your own interpretation of "responsibility. With milk and love, the dairy man{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
: I was looking forward to the Rosco RP, but there was so much negativity, and this is a strict community > [{quoted}](name=AskKarthus,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=2W5i05Ex,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-11-05T06:20:12.683+0000) > > If you're interested in why the reaction to the snail thread was so incredibly negative, we tend to be a rather serious community. In addition, we used to get fairly frequent trolls. Yeah. To be perfectly honest, the (Rosco) idea sounds more like just putting (AU) or (noncanon) to imply that it's not..canon. When you said it was separate from people wanting to role-play without following this rule or that rule; or even something similar to that, it seemed to imply it was like an alternate universe.
> [{quoted}](name=TrueSkill Ezreal,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=2W5i05Ex,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-11-05T21:41:51.015+0000) > > I was looking forward to the Rosco RP, but there was so much negativity, and this is a strict community > > Yeah. To be perfectly honest, the (Rosco) idea sounds more like just putting (AU) or (noncanon) to imply that it's not..canon. When you said it was separate from people wanting to role-play without following this rule or that rule; or even something similar to that, it seemed to imply it was like an alternate universe. Yeah it is the AU concept, the forum does not allow you to change titles and with how finnicy my phone is any edits may accidentally delete the whole post. I didn't know about it because there are barely any threads that use it.
: Ask Shaco, the Demon Jester
My letter is tied to the ear of a donkey pulling a kart filled with mozzarella cheese. It reads: Dear shaco, As a gift I provide you this cheese, it is aged mozzarella. It smells terrible, but I have a feeling you'll find a use for it. I would like to know where you keep all of your boxes? Your outfit seems a bit to tight to hold all of them, also how do you control your clone? Sincerely, The dairy man
CFProxy (NA)
: For the most part, this board has been restricted and controlled because of a select number of rules that were developed quite some time ago. However, a thread like this should not be so quickly denied and dismissed. I find the fact that people are downvoting this thread and shame and if it is the work of those who fear any ounce of change then shame on them. There has been little to no change to anything on this board and if anything it has gotten more rules thrown into it. I've been here for a year so I think I have some idea of what has happened over time. It is at this point that I have to say that I don't care if this brings me ill fortune or not because my posts have been removed before by a rioter for being "dramatic" for merely pointing out a possible outcome of a certain event. However, since it seemed to target some select feelings it was erased. I think this board needs some changes to it by having more freedom with little threads like this and your ideas behind it were rather considerate despite your ~~ lack of kissing someone else's ass~~ inability to follow with the rules set here. I personally love the thread and find it refreshing. We have the same mundane threads with little to no change and something like this is a step in the right direction for a more creative board. I was fine with sitting back and letting the rules continue on as they did without saying much, but between this and the war thread being "canon" I am losing my patience on this kind of thing. Others may not like what you have done, but I do. I respect your reasons behind it and you managed to make me smile with the RP that you did before all this mess started. Props to you and I may just give a response to Rosco regardless. Cheers.
> [{quoted}](name=CFProxy,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=Wb3boNwz,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-11-05T14:50:00.099+0000) > > For the most part, this board has been restricted and controlled because of a select number of rules that were developed quite some time ago. However, a thread like this should not be so quickly denied and dismissed. I find the fact that people are downvoting this thread and shame and if it is the work of those who fear any ounce of change then shame on them. There has been little to no change to anything on this board and if anything it has gotten more rules thrown into it. I've been here for a year so I think I have some idea of what has happened over time. It is at this point that I have to say that I don't care if this brings me ill fortune or not because my posts have been removed before by a rioter for being "dramatic" for merely pointing out a possible outcome of a certain event. However, since it seemed to target some select feelings it was erased. > > I think this board needs some changes to it by having more freedom with little threads like this and your ideas behind it were rather considerate despite your ~~ lack of kissing someone else's ass~~ inability to follow with the rules set here. I personally love the thread and find it refreshing. We have the same mundane threads with little to no change and something like this is a step in the right direction for a more creative board. I was fine with sitting back and letting the rules continue on as they did without saying much, but between this and the war thread being "canon" I am losing my patience on this kind of thing. > > Others may not like what you have done, but I do. I respect your reasons behind it and you managed to make me smile with the RP that you did before all this mess started. Props to you and I may just give a response to Rosco regardless. Cheers. What war thread, a link would be better than searching through this board for an hour.
: ((I'll have you know at least one person a day visits my thread and that's a fact!))
> [{quoted}](name=Sion of Terror,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=Wb3boNwz,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-11-05T14:30:03.460+0000) > > ((I'll have you know at least one person a day visits my thread and that's a fact!)) I wasn't saying that no one looked at it, I mentioned it because it is the the most recent champion post. You may get viewers, but you also have gone days without any questions. Other champion threads are similar, I just mentioned your specifically because it was the most recent champion post. I can see you put a lot of effort into the introduction, but we're only asked 2 questions.
: ((OOC)) With the snail being illegal we need a (Rosco) clause
So whose the person going around down voting each of my posts? Whoever you are I challenge you to a duel of random assortments of pictures of donkeys. http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Peace/2014/01/02/donkey.jpg
: Sorry bout all the bad vibes man,i guess, welcome to the boards?
> [{quoted}](name=thetimevigilante,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=Wb3boNwz,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-11-05T05:21:01.877+0000) > > Sorry bout all the bad vibes man,i guess, welcome to the boards? If neither you nor Kaz had threatened to close it it would have just been a thread like all the others, with nothing exceptional at all. The only reason I created other threads is because this one was threatetened to be closed so I needed to create a buffer with other arguements a mod would see before removing this. The reason I didn't want to do a champion thread is demonstrated by the Sion one below me; people seem bored of champion driven threads with the creator barely getting asked questions and having to bump his own thread. Why put in the effort for that which requires a lot of character study and a detailed intro when most likely I would get 3 questions at most? So I made the snail post which received a lot of attention due to it not being like the rest. I did enjoy it though since it proved to my self that I can keep a constant writing cycle and find creative responses, like the one person asking asking about a different snail which I gave an overly long name to but whose initials were F.U.C.-. T.H.E. P.O.L.I.C.E. So say what you will but to everyone who asked a question about my character, I gave them an interesting response.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aea,timestamp=2015-11-05T02:41:19.540+0000) > > I believe my (Rosco) clause can fix the "no fun allowed" debate. > > Please no "F.u.c.k.n.u.t.t.s." (Forum users conservatively killing new untested thread types sinisterly) New people already have areas to go in which to roleplay. If you had read the introductory threads, we have a fairly significant amount of them. The Sitara Courtyard thread, for example, allows people from all over to interact with one another and get comfortable. And it doesn't lead to a spam of one-character/one-thread mentality. Rather than trying to understand the rules of the community, you have seen fit to instead decry the rules that the community itself has put in place to keep things running smoothly, simply because you, as a single entity, can't do what you want to do. This is a mentality that we've had to deal with before. And because we value the community as a whole rather than the whims of a single individual, and have had to make rules to that effect, lots of people choose to see us as being tyrannical or elitist. We welcome everyone who wants to RP here. We've made posts and had them stickied for precisely that reason on the "Story, Art, and Sound" Board, because we wanted to draw in more people to the community and allow others to enjoy themselves. However, we simply ask that they follow the community rules, and understand why they exist. There's nothing preventing you from playing your snail. Nothing at all. The only thing that's a problem is the way in which you decided to play the snail, which is against the Community Rules. And what you're doing, by continuing to make threads about it, rather than following other community guidelines suggesting you discuss these topics in this thread, rather than making new threads for each one, is simply being a disruption. And your use of offensive terminology and acronyms doesn't help your case. When I responded to you initially, I offered a suggestion that would allow you to play your character without causing problems. And, it was one you promptly ignored, and then proceeded to cause more problems. So, because of that, I can only conclude that you're more interested in causing problems and trying to force a change for your own personal goals than actually RPing your character. And therefore, I can only assume you're trolling and trying to cause more issues for the community.
If you noticed in my response to you originally I responded as my character would given that you did not use () to signify OOC dialogue. The reason I created Roscoe was not to troll it was for 2 reasons that didn't seem represented on the forums: the extra creatures that have no effect on gameplay and a character representing jungle creeps. None of the other threads on the front page had gotten traffic, making it seem like opening a champ RP was just s lot of effort and set up for what would probably be 3 questions and then nothing for 3 months. That doesn't seem very entertaining to me. The reason I didn't feel like switching the thread style is that it was more of a one-shot, and creating another thread which works nearly the same just seemed like a waste of time sense leaving it as is seemed fine. If you and the other guy hadn't pulled in it would probably just pull interest for a few days, then die out After do to the subjects being exhausted. The problem was that with people threatening to close it when information from people asking it coming in I wanted a way to keep it open, which is why I made the (Roscoe) clause page. My thread wasn't a supposed to be a OC thread but a ask the Jungle creeps thread. Which seemed interesting to me since no one had done it before. The snail was chosen since a small creature with a rediculous personality is entertaining to right out. I wanted to do that RP but had to stop with you and the other guy threatening to report it and make Riot close it. I responded to every question that my character was asked by the way.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aeb0000,timestamp=2015-11-05T03:32:15.897+0000) > > You act as if what I suggested is that all threads be chaotic, I didn't. You can still do what you were doing before, but with the roscoe clause anyone can do less serious threads with no effect on the old type of threads. Yes, but what you're doing is barging in and demanding that everyone do things YOUR way, instead of trying to act in accordance with the established rules of the forum. I'm not going to mince words here. We don't need radicals in here. We need people who are sensible enough to play along without violating the terms and conditions we've already put into place. We don't mind if you want to roleplay and have fun while doing so, but we DO mind if you're going to pursue it in a selfish manner that only benefits yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=AskMadChemist,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aeb00000000,timestamp=2015-11-05T04:35:13.605+0000) > > Yes, but what you're doing is barging in and demanding that everyone do things YOUR way, instead of trying to act in accordance with the established rules of the forum. > > I'm not going to mince words here. We don't need radicals in here. We need people who are sensible enough to play along without violating the terms and conditions we've already put into place. > > We don't mind if you want to roleplay and have fun while doing so, but we DO mind if you're going to pursue it in a selfish manner that only benefits yourself. I have the problem of not being able to put it anywhere else without being told to put it on the RP board. So I take the format from where it was posted before but it gets removed, I place it here and it is against rules. I have no section where I can put that thread if I did their would be no problem.
: Hello I am the Ekko RPer, and I am here to explain why you are wrong! Sigh, ok let's go through the explanation. Contention 1: The snail isn't an original character. But let me repeat that. THE SNAIL. ISN'T. Contention 22. However, you have turned it into an original character by naming it Rosco. A fine honorable name, but one that has backstabbed you, because you have now just turned the snail into an original character? You have made it your own. No one else would have thought of naming it Rosco, Riot certaintly didn't. If you look up [Rosco the Snail](https://www.google.com/search?q=rosco+the+snail&oq=rosco+the+snail&aqs=chrome..69i57.1447j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8), you find nothing of the sort of League of Legends. Basically, this IS an OC because you have given it a name and breathed your own life into it. Doubtless it also has abilities of its own, and a backstory that you have made. In fact, you have made the 'golem' another OC, because it is something of your own design. Riot never said it was scared of the world and mages. But you made it so, and thus made it into your own RP. Contention 3. Now, the difference between what I had just said before and what Ekko does, such as being the leader of a gang, is called the difference between an OC's backstory and a Champion headcanon. My headcanon is that Ekko is 19, but looks 17. It doesn't affect RPing in a HUGE matter, but you creating a name and abilities for the snail does so. Contention 4. You stated,_** A champion is by definition a being who has seceded in some competition or stands as a pinnacle of excellence to his people. As the curator of this forest have I not "championed" the creatures of the rift, in the sense that I am acting as their voice and representative. **_ Your definition is correct. However, Riot has never said the snail is the curator of the forest. You have said so. Therefore, it relates to my 2nd point, in which you made it into an OC. In this case, it is a "Bio" section. Contention 5. EVEN IF WE WERE TO ACCEPT YOU AS A CHAMPION, YOU HAVE DISOBEYED TWO OF OUR LAWS: a) YOU MUST. MAKE. A. SMURF. YOU MUST, YOU MUST. This is one of the things this RP board is known for, that we must make smurfs and level them up. If you can't give this so called 'champion' enough respect to set apart of your time 4 to 5 hours, not necessarily consecutive, and level up a smurf to level 5 that has a name that relates to this 'champ', you have broken the law. b) you have not posted anything in the Ask Champion Compendium. You must say, if you are taking this 'champ', that you are taking the snail, and post it. Contention 6. The [list of champions](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions), which doesn't seem to have Rosco the snail. And finally, but not least, I present the definition of [a champion](http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion), but this one supported by the LOL wiki and RIot. What does that say? "**They are the player-controlled character in League of Legends.**?" Is the snail player-controlled? Your arguments are flawed. I rest my case.
It is impossible for me to create a snurf as my computer for no explainable reason refuses to update league even though other games that require more processing power work fine, reinstalling didn't work the 3 times I tried it. The snail in real life acts as a curator to forests, devouring old material to make way for new growth. On the rift I view it as a similar process with him removing the old remains allowing the creatures to respawn. Like how some put maggots in a wound to eat way dead flesh, allowing new flesh to grow back in. Snails decompose dead material so the curator title works. The reason I connected him to golem is that you can find the snail around that place sometimes. The rest I won't fight you over but I don't get why people try so hard to stop a thread about a snail, if no one made a fuss about it, it would be contained in this thread. I replied to Kaz as Rosco would because he did not use the () that signify ooc banter, which was fun. With you taking it so seriously it kills the mood and my enjoyment of it.
: > Dear Rosco, > > Do the monsters gossip? If they do, do they ever talk about me? Do the birds all like the same things or are they each individually different?
> [{quoted}](name=TheWujuBoMan,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=Wb3boNwz,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-11-05T03:44:15.599+0000) > > Dear wujuboman, wujiwujiboboboman Ever wonder where all the monsters go after they have been defeated? The truth is that below the rift is a large cavern where the monsters get to recuperate before going out again. Each monster can only fluently communicate with their own kind, to speak with the rest they resort to what most would call "charades". They try not to think about what beats them down, only finding it interesting when the truly exceptional occurs. Birds try to eat me, so birds are dumb. With lingering constipation Rosco the snail
: Rules are rules, fun is fun. Fun and enjoyment are allowed, but not at the expense of others or in a way that goes against the established law. There's a VERY fine line between "fun" and "anarchy", and we'd rather not have the latter.
> [{quoted}](name=AskMadChemist,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aeb,timestamp=2015-11-05T03:11:28.980+0000) > > Rules are rules, fun is fun. Fun and enjoyment are allowed, but not at the expense of others or in a way that goes against the established law. > > There's a VERY fine line between "fun" and "anarchy", and we'd rather not have the latter. You act as if what I suggested is that all threads be chaotic, I didn't. You can still do what you were doing before, but with the roscoe clause anyone can do less serious threads with no effect on the old type of threads.
Cryypter (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Red Warden,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aea,timestamp=2015-11-05T02:41:19.540+0000) > > I believe my (Rosco) clause can fix the "no fun allowed" debate. > > Please no "F.u.c.k.n.u.t.t.s." (Forum users conservatively killing new untested thread types sinisterly) Insults will do little to help your case. The fact that the rule is in place proves that the thread type is neither new, nor untested (though as I mentioned when the rule was put in place, I don't think allowing them would result in the flood that was predicted).
> [{quoted}](name=Cryypter,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=BMNEqOby,comment-id=0aea0000,timestamp=2015-11-05T02:52:50.642+0000) > > Insults will do little to help your case. > > The fact that the rule is in place proves that the thread type is neither new, nor untested (though as I mentioned when the rule was put in place, I don't think allowing them would result in the flood that was predicted). It wasn't meant as an insult as much as a funny acronym I'm proud of. The Rosco/Au threads would counter the flood event since the new people would have a place to actually roleplay, instead of having to go into the "legal" RP unprepared.
Cryypter (NA)
: I basically agree with what you are saying, though I think the tag should be "AU" (Alternate Universe) rather than "Rosco", since the latter doesn't actually give any info to someone who doesn't know the history of the name.
> [{quoted}](name=Cryypter,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=2W5i05Ex,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-05T02:46:44.799+0000) > > I basically agree with what you are saying, though I think the tag should be "AU" (Alternate Universe) rather than "Rosco", since the latter doesn't actually give any info to someone who doesn't know the history of the name. That works too. The point of this is to create roleplay threads that don't require a person to spend hours setting up a character and account. Each thread would act as its own alternate reality. Where the events inside do not correlate to the rest of the boards or anything else does with a certain character. Think of it as more spontaneous, or free-form. It allows things like my snail thread to exist, without the eventual crackdown by "F.u.c.k.n.u.t.t.s" (Forum users conservatively killing new untested thread types sinisterly). People who like the rules keep the rules, while people who don't actually have a pace to RP about league related material.
: I don't see a problem as long as there is a clear distinction. Maybe if you put a non-canon tag everyone would be fine with it. I've seen multiple OCs make closed RP threads without making smurfs for them so there must be some flexibility.
> [{quoted}](name=Solid Dink,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=2W5i05Ex,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-11-05T02:39:56.565+0000) > > I don't see a problem as long as there is a clear distinction. Maybe if you put a non-canon tag everyone would be fine with it. I've seen multiple OCs make closed RP threads without making smurfs for them so there must be some flexibility. You signify a non-serious thread by putting (Rosco) in the title, same as you would (open/closed RP)
Show more

The Red Warden

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion