Zac x Me (NA)
: At Blizzard they are. Gay Hanzo Gay Genji Gay Tracer All got forced name changes. Also for some reason Rito treats the word "Gay" as an insult/something negative.
> [{quoted}](name=Zac x Me,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ME0EsEl6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-19T21:00:55.034+0000) > > At Blizzard they are. > > Gay Hanzo > > Gay Genji > > Gay Tracer > > > All got forced name changes. Well the Tracer one makes sense. They HAD to change it, lest it imply that someplace there is a STRAIGHT Tracer.
CD8 (NA)
: Anyone else find it odd that Qiyana is AD?
I mean.... {{champion:55}} has very strong AP scalings and she throws knives. Shunpo is the only "spell" she really seems to have, and yet she's mostly played as an AP assassin.
: top 20 hardest champion to master or less or more just give me some ideas :D
You want a CHALLENGE? Try playing ranked as support {{champion:72}}, {{champion:77}} or {{champion:6}}. Champs are easy... it's surviving the toxicity of your team whining at you and ragequitting that's hard.
: The year is 2058, there are 1500 champions. They all have minimum 2 skill shots, a gap closer, and an execute...
> [{quoted}](name=NyteQuiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=85wAEIdV,comment-id=008b0000,timestamp=2018-12-23T19:43:43.013+0000) > > The year is 2058, there are 1500 champions. They all have minimum 2 skill shots, a gap closer, and an execute... Despite the sheer number of champions, only about 5 for each role are worth a crap at any given time....
CLG ear (NA)
: What do you call akali's hairstyle?
It's an anime style VERY vaguely based on a top-knot or a high ponytail. It's also freakishly unrealistic.
: What is, in your opinion, the worst designed champion in this game?
Y'know... I saw this thread and immediately thought Trynd. He's not OP. He's not impossible to deal with. He's not broken. He's just really, REALLY poorly designed. He does ONE thing, and that's splitpush. No nuance. No skill to speak of. Not much to him beyond right clicking and stat checks. Just an old, outdated champ that needs to go away.
: League players don't usually say "noob"
Yes but the dumb old folks who write commercials for video games have JUST now realized that "noob" is a gamer term and by god they're gonna use it! Gotta stay hip with the kids, yo!
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:13:28.061+0000) > > The brother is saying that his younger brother has been telling him his side of the story that his wife was the one in the wrong... Its always the woman's fault with these things... Even if she was 4months pregnant with their 3rd child. Come on, if it really was an abusive relationship for 5yrs straight where he couldn't leave cause of the children, who are 3yr and 1.5yrs old, he'd of left before he had children with her - like 2yrs prior to their first child. > > You're trying to enable such acts of violence. Imagine if it was your father hitting your mother while you were still in the womb. He not only endangers the wife, but the child's. > > P.S. I'm Pro-Life and I don't care how EUW people view our American stance on this. > > https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mrdeadmoth-arrested-fortnite-gamer-luke-munday-assaulting-wife-2018-12-10/ > https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/mrdeadmoth-luke-james-munday/ - doesn't look like he really cares about the children to me I myself was "friends" with a manipulative girl that told lies 24/7. She managed to convince her father that her ex-boyfriend raped her although he never did. When I found out she never did I cut contact. After she realized I am ignoring her...guess what she did? Right, she reported I had insulted her. I got a letter from the police. My mother was FURIOUS until I explained to her what happened. She then agreed with me that this girl is completely nuts and helped me with the letter I had to send back to the police. Fun fact: In that evening she claimed I would have harassed and insulted her I was with several friends and we played some League. Problem is that it's not that easy here as it is in the US to ruin someone's life through false accusations. So in the end she was the one who lost almost all her friends over some false accusation against those she called her friends. Later I heard that it wasn't the first time she did that. Do not blindly believe other people, even when you think you are close to them and they "would never lie to you"
> [{quoted}](name=Stardûst,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T18:33:51.135+0000) > > I myself was "friends" with a manipulative girl that told lies 24/7. She managed to convince her father that her ex-boyfriend raped her although he never did. When I found out she never did I cut contact. After she realized I am ignoring her...guess what she did? Right, she reported I had insulted her. I got a letter from the police. My mother was FURIOUS until I explained to her what happened. She then agreed with me that this girl is completely nuts and helped me with the letter I had to send back to the police. > Fun fact: In that evening she claimed I would have harassed and insulted her I was with several friends and we played some League. > Problem is that it's not that easy here as it is in the US to ruin someone's life through false accusations. > So in the end she was the one who lost almost all her friends over some false accusation against those she called her friends. > Later I heard that it wasn't the first time she did that. > > Do not blindly believe other people, even when you think you are close to them and they "would never lie to you" All of this is true. For every innocent victim there is likely also someone exploiting things to manipulate people and get public opinion on their side. That said, the dude is clearly heard smacking someone... so it sounds like at BEST the dude is an abusive jerk she needs to get away from and at worst BOTH of those kids parents are dysfunctional monsters that should never have been allowed to procreate. People will do what people do and jump on the wagon to support that woman and they may be right to do so. She might be a victim in a tragic and horrible situation. The truth is hard to suss out... save one detail. No matter what is going on with the parents... those kids are likely helpless and suffering. They're the ones people should be rallying behind trying to help. If the mother is an innocent victim in this as well, she should be doing everything she can to get her kids the hell out of such a horrible, abusive, traumatizing home.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Whamboozler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-13T11:26:01.887+0000) > > The comments on that vid make it sound like the woman was acting aggressively and throwing crap at that dude before his outburst. No excuse for that kind of shit, mind you... but who I feel for most is that kid you can hear in the background... stuck in what is clearly some sort of horrible, abusive household. Sad. Didn't see any blunt object being thrown. What it did sound like was the wife trying to defend herself while protecting whatever is left of her self-respect and dignity after marrying this loser. Sadly, she is just another statistic. There are many like her even in the U.S.
> [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=apxl8KJ9,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-13T15:59:40.278+0000) > > Didn't see any blunt object being thrown. What it did sound like was the wife trying to defend herself while protecting whatever is left of her self-respect and dignity after marrying this loser. Sadly, she is just another statistic. There are many like her even in the U.S. I don't either... I was just reading the comments and a lot of people in them say she was provoking him and throwing shit at him and this clip cuts around that to make him seem like he's flying off the handle for no reason. The whole thing is sleazy and awful regardless of who started it all and what was done to whom... but those kids are legit helpless. That's what I was saying. If that woman is just an innocent victim, she needs to get the hell out of there and take her kids someplace less traumatizing for them.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Whamboozler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WxmR7iLA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-13T11:28:02.831+0000) > > I guess you can say he can.... bearly wait. > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} How Unbearable
Rioter Comments
Moody P (NA)
: NOOOOOO DON'T MAKE ME WAIT
I guess you can say he can.... bearly wait. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Don't Support Australian Twitch Streaming Gamer A-****s (Warning: Viewer Discretion is Advised)
The comments on that vid make it sound like the woman was acting aggressively and throwing crap at that dude before his outburst. No excuse for that kind of shit, mind you... but who I feel for most is that kid you can hear in the background... stuck in what is clearly some sort of horrible, abusive household. Sad.
: "stop talking, you're 0/5"
What if this just kinda... kept going? {{champion:81}} - "Stop talking, you're 0/5" {{champion:238}} - "Yeah, 0/5/32!" {{champion:81}} - "You're 0/5/32 on ZED! How can you still not get a single kill?" {{champion:238}} - "I'm the support dumbass!" {{champion:81}} - "WTF IS SUPPORT ZED AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! HE HAS NO CC OR UTILITY! HOW ARE YOU "SUPPORTING"?" {{champion:238}} - "I'm a kill support. Death is the strongest form of CC!" {{champion:81}} - "BUT YOU HAVEN'T KILLED ANYONE!!!!!1!1!!!" {{champion:238}} - "I'm not gonna ks dude. I'm the support." {{champion:81}} - *A summoner has disconnected*
Jaspers (EUW)
: 1) Varus. 2) Neeko? haven't read her lore yet. Here's mine: Person goes on a trip to get the thing from the person who they are looking for who has the thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k3phJcEV,comment-id=003c0000,timestamp=2018-12-13T11:00:06.219+0000) > > 1) Varus. > 2) Neeko? haven't read her lore yet. > > > Here's mine: > Person goes on a trip to get the thing from the person who they are looking for who has the thing. Nami. Here's mine. Person breaks a cultural taboo just by existing and must spend the rest of their life in the closet about it.
Zardo (NA)
: Flame for being a "e-girl"?
Um... why are you talking to people in chat at all? This game is a cesspool. I'd suggest starting your matches with a fat /mute all. It will make your games MANY times more enjoyable. Seriously, it wouldn't matter who you were, what you played or how well you did... people on this game will flame and rage like spoiled children over anything and everything. If you still want to play, it's better to just cut off chat entirely from the get-go. What do you even use it for anyway? If you want to post a call like "guys, drag in 5" or something they can still hear YOU. 99% of the time chat is used for nothing but flaming, blame-gaming and trolling. Turn it off.
: 9 out of 10 Yasuo players.
Now now... I get that you're upset but there's no need to sling insults. You should say you're sorry to all the innocent futa-lovers out there for comparing them to Yasuo players. That was uncalled for.
MS exceI (EUNE)
: Lol when I read the part in Riven's story where the old couple adopted her, the murderer of their son I wanted to rip out my hair. Also I couldn't believe Yasuo forgave her soooo soon after what he's been through. These parts and the trial for Riven do seem like anime plot devices. Oh and that Riven forgot all of her memories of the war...I don't know I would have preferred a self-conscious sttong Riven who bravely admits her mistakes
Yeah, the writing for the whole thing is pretty lousy... but I kinda don't care much Riven or about Ionia in general. I'm far more annoyed at the tragic missed opportunity that was Kai'sa than that they didn't do a better job with Riven's conversion into a perfect anime waifu.
MS exceI (EUNE)
: Riven shouldn't be a Noxian anymore
Silly OP, don't you know that the weeb life is the best life? Noxus isn't anime enough, and given that the average Riven player owns at least seven body pillows and spends all their non-league time eating pocky and writing fanfiction... it's a natural fit for Riven to just embrace their lifestyle herself. She has finally understood what her players already know... that ~~japan~~ Ionia is superior to every other country in every way and one can only hope to echo it's greatness by mimicking it. Also it has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the fact that league is a huge deal in a China and Korea, I'm sure. That said, conspiracy theories aside... it does fit her story well to lose faith in her home after seeing their war crimes and embrace a humble life of trying to repay the country she formerly fought out of guilt. I don't actually have much beef with her story, just how obnoxiously anime-inspired the game is overall. I get that shit is popular but I've always preferred European-style fantasy over JRPG style and anime style fantasy. Personal preference. Either the Riot staff are catering hard to the asian market or they're just big time anime fans... but there is a LOT of it in league.
: This game would be better off without Yasuo in it
They won't ever do this because Yasuo moves skins. He's super popular with the weeb crowd, of which there are many. Mofo makes them too much cash for them to do anything to him.
imkalleN (NA)
: Feel extremely uncomfortable after playing a game of soloq
Stop taking the obvious bait you idiots. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Im surpised Nidalee figured out how to make leather armor when she's lived in the jungle all of her life.
: Can a New Player Enjoy this Game?
Can a new player enjoy this game? Short answer: No. Long answer: Yes, but it's really hard. The game itself is fine. Fun even. But ye gods, this game has some of the most self-entitled, toxic, obnoxious players you will ever meet. I'd say if you don't like getting curb stomped by more experienced players and told your trash to find a different game to play, because even when you do know what you're doing, people will still be acting like shitheads and calling you trash. Even if you're doing well and they're 0/6. The only major difference is that now you'll be playing better, but probably really annoyed at the guy on your team who is feeding his ass off, because he's making it very, VERY hard for you to win. This game breeds anger and toxicity. If you really like it, I'd say just power through and play with friends until you've gotten pretty good... but make a habit of muting everyone at the start of every match. Chat doesn't really GET you anything or help you much... but it's 95% likely to be full of angry, raging children in most matches trying to flame you or tilt the shit out of you. Not worth it.
: I don't think killing off Ryze would be a good idea Runeterra would lose one of the core archetype of character from the lore (aka the old wise extremly powerfull bearded mage) . Also game and lore are disconected entirly ~~So I think the next game will be a lore-based one~~
Well that's my point. Killing off ANY of the major (aka: playable) characters in the game is probably a bad idea. It will cut off story options and piss off the fans of that character. Unfortunately, this is also why no one really feels worried when they drop these "OH NOES, WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO X?" stories. No one expects anything serious. The fact that league also majorly retconned it's lore in the past did a lot to foster that lack of investment in the lore too. If Riot can and will retcon everything you like about a champion or the world itself to suit them, why bother getting invested in it? Even smaller retcons happen constantly, making it hard to get invested in these characters and their stories. Did you like Thresh the sadistic jailor who was strung up by his victims during a riot? Well, now he's essentially a deranged librarian and artifact keeper. Did you enjoy the old lore for Poppy and Galio? Well, tough shit because there's new lore for them.... Riot wanted to take it in a new direction. My point is, Riot has had and still has some good ideas and good characters... but they've done a lot to kneecap their ability to tell good, deep stories that get people invested. Maintaining a sense of stakes and suspense without killing off your characters all the time is difficult even in well-written works, and Riot has put themselves even further behind with how little respect they've shown for their own lore and continuity so far. Plenty of people are still into it... but a lot of players just don't see the point in caring about it anymore.
: So if an actual important character that is a champion dies then its not good. If a background character dies then it's not a serious threat. Then how is it supposed to be?
There isn't a golden rule for this dude, and I'm not going to pretend there is. All I am telling you is that character death is a very tricky trope to pull off well. Introducing new characters only to kill them off for drama is weak. Readers lack investment in those characters and if it's done too often it's very predictable and people won't BOTHER getting attached to new characters added alongside the "important" ones... because we know they're just there to die and show how scary the thing is everyone is fighting. But killing a main character is also hard to pull off well, because no one really thinks it'll happen. And yes, you can get some shock value out of killing an important character... but unless the story is soon to end it tends to be a bad idea... because now you can't use that character anymore. Say they write a story where they kill off Ryze. Does Ryze get removed from the game now? Well, that'll sure piss off the Ryze fans. It probably won't bother the players who don't give two shits about Ryze AT ALL. So all Riot would get from doing so is scorn from a handful of players that really liked Ryze and bemused apathy from the rest. Such stakes. There likely isn't a good way to introduce those kinds of stakes into a game that needs to exist in perpetuity and is constantly being revised and added to. The world can't actually end, because the game is gonna keep going. They can't make major changes that will affect the game, such as killing champions off or the like... unless they're going to have those stories not affect the gameplay at all... and in that case what's the point? I can write a story about how everyone in Demacia explodes one day and it won't matter in the least if my next match I can still pick Garen, Lux and Jarvan. For instances like this, personal stakes are better than broad, sweeping ones. We don't think the world will end, but we MIGHT believe that say.... Renekton will be redeemed and become sane. Or that Garen will find out his sister is a mage and reluctantly try to arrest her. That Xayah and Rakan might break up over some horrible ordeal, or that Yasuo and Riven might fight out their differences and become allies or even friends. These stories won't change the gameplay, and Riot has done lore for almost all of them. THOSE are the kind of stories that you can do in a MOBA. If they really wanted to have them affect the game, they could change voice lines for the characters to show how the events of the lore have affected them, but I doubt they'll do any of that. The point is... no one believes Riot is going to end the world or say, kill off Ryze or Darius. Threats like that don't actually fool any but the most naive of people. It's not about killing people off for the sake of drama, it's about getting the audience invested in the characters and then putting those characters into bad situations that will affect them. Honestly, most of the league players aren't really all that invested in the character's lore anyway... and Riot hasn't made it very easy to be over the years with all the lore retcons and how little lore seems to be a priority for them. They literally retconned out summoners and took away our connection to the game's world.
: Setaka died because of the Void. The Darkin happened cause of the Void. Icathia fell cause of the Void. Zilean and Jax are there because of the Void.
As of the new lore retcons, yes. But that's also all background shit. Doesn't mean it's gonna shake up our nice, stable status quo. Is Jax going to get corrupted into a void monster? Is Zilean going to disappear from time? Is Malzahar going to take over the world? Probably not. Things are going to stay as they need to for us to have all of our characters more or less the way they are now... and Riot will invent new disposable characters to kill or traumatize in their lore to show how "totally serious a threat it is, yo.".
: Wait so what if Ryze fails once and some actual champions that are related to him die? Would that be good for the story?
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VGFJrskV,comment-id=000500000000000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T09:09:53.291+0000) > > Wait so what if Ryze fails once and some actual champions that are related to him die? Would that be good for the story? Well, no. And that's the point. The threat of Ryze failing his mission and some or all of the other champs dying would be BAD for telling further stories with those characters... that's why we know it's very unlikely to happen and thus, aren't really reeling in suspense at the threat of it happening. That's my point. Threats like that get laughed off by savvy people who know that the world isn't going to actually end, and that killing off important characters is neither likely nor a good idea. Really there isn't much that SHOULD come out of it but more of the status quo... Maybe a few champs are angsty or one gets a new skin about how the event changed them a bit, but promising stakes on THAT level just sorta... falls flat.
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VGFJrskV,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:20:35.340+0000)Ok. Well Riots not going to destroy the setting. So that’s not going to happen. So I don’t care. Come back when you have a problem that has a possibility of coming true. Out of curiosity, do you feel this same way about book/movie genres where we know that the world isn't going to actually be destroyed, or the main character isn't going to actually die? Just because Runeterra won't actually blow up entirely doesn't mean we can't see the devastation that a world rune could wreck on a village or city, or that there aren't any stakes. It just means that while the powers *could*, in theory, threaten the world if combined, we're more likely to see them used in smaller ways. In short, the stakes aren't necessarily the world, but they can still matter to both us and to the characters.
I think the point being made is... we're not going to treat the threat of the world ending as a serious concern because no one believes the world will actually end. So they say "Oh no, if this isn't stopped the world could end!" and the genre savvy viewer treats it more like "hmmm, I wonder which of the characters is going to get hurt stopping that from happening?". The threat isn't one that ANYONE buys... so it's hard to give it that gravity. Now... if they told a story on a more personal level the stakes might feel FAR higher, ironically. To use an example from the game... Garen. Garen finds out his sister is a mage and Demacia isn't cool with that. Does he go rogue, giving up his beloved country for family? Does he force himself to see her as the enemy, or even hunt her actively? Either way there will be a great deal of emotional anguish for the characters involved. We're pretty sure Garen isn't going to die so long as he's a character in the game... but he could go on the run with his sister, becoming a "traitor" to demacia. He could even embrace the ideals of a former rival nation (and perhaps a woman he's got the hots for) due to his questioning of all of his beliefs. And how would Lux react? She seems to love her country despite it hating what she is. There are lots of good, interesting stories that can all come from this... and they WON'T END THE GODDAMNED WORLD... so to the savvy reader they are infinitely more possible than that Ryze will fail and runes will blow up the planet or some crap. Sure, they might blow up a city or something and kill a bunch of newly made background characters that they made up for the story... but the ones we know and are invested in aren't likely to go anywhere... and the fans know it.
: So your criteria for defining a credible threat is that we LITERALLY show it destroying the whole world...? Was the Death Star not a real threat in 'Star Wars', because it didn't blow up Yavin 4? Were the Martians not a real threat in 'The War of the Worlds', because they were eaten alive by decompositional bacteria native to Earth's ecosystem?
Um... kinda. There is a certain level of stakes that runs counter to the intent by making the genre-savvy audience check OUT of feeling suspense over the bad things happening. Also, both the examples you gave are movies. A movie can and sometimes DOES end with tragedy, loss or even the heroes failing. Star Wars COULD have ended with Luke blowing up the Death Star too late because at the time that the movie aired, no one knew there was going to be another. War of the Worlds most CERTAINLY could have ended with the heroes dying or failing, as there WASN'T a sequel. League is not a movie. League is more like a show... one that airs regularly and one that we know isn't likely to make such extreme changes to it's world and characters... let along destroy them all. League isn't Infinity Wars. League isn't likely to delete half of the champions in the game because they all died in some massive magical cataclysm or something. And even in that example, people are fully confident that a lot of those characters are coming back. It seems very much like you're just belittling this person's very understandable cynicism towards "end of the world" plots because you want to try and make yours seem more meaningful when it's.... ultimately not. You took the stakes too high for anyone to believe for a moment that the bad ending is even CLOSE to possible. And all of that would be fine, but don't speak down to someone for not buying what you're selling. Don't call someone out for not being a shill to your narrative. Give us a reason to CARE about your narrative.
: Neeko is a lesbian: Let's please calmly discuss it.
She's fictional, so I don't really care in the least. Her sexuality means nothing, ultimately. That said, it's not as if it hurts her in any way for the designers to say that she's gay/bi/trans/an attack helicopter, so if by doing so they can make a few people from an otherwise underrepresented group feel a little better then I'm all for it. I don't think it should be a big goddamned deal though. Last thing we need is some dumb flame war with people whining about her being "SJW pandering" or insisting that she isn't pc ENOUGH because she could have been a BLACK lesbian lizard woman with special needs or some crap. Just... let the character exist, man.
: Do teens not play this game anymore
Hold on. Teens? Eye-rolling and saying they dislike something that is popular? Never have I heard of such a thing!!!!
Kazo Kurosu (EUNE)
: VS events are basically what would happen if League was a high fantasy
Ou Ou, this looks like fun. Final Fantasy - A band of adventurers fights a dragon. Then they walk around randomly until another one shows up and they fight it too. This goes on for several hours of level grinding before they finally move to the next area to fight palette swapped versions of the dragon instead. Child-friendly Fantasy - A group of young children sees a dragon that seems angry, but it's just misunderstood. They befriend it and sing a song about friendship, then help it get home to it's mother. PC Fantasy - A group of adventurers fights a dragon. The dragon accuses them of discrimination, racial profiling and committing a hate crime. The dragon and the adventurers then get into a 12 hour long argument over who is more the victim in the situation. Urban Fantasy - The adventurers have guns and leather jackets and the dragon they're fighting owns Walmart or something. Erotic Fantasy - A knight goes to fight a dragon, but finds it can turn into a sexy woman. They bone. Furry Fantasy - Just like Erotic fantasy but the dragon can't change shape and the knight is a cartoon ocelot or some bullcrap. You-Tube Fantasy - An annoying young man plays a video game in which he fights a dragon. The video is titled "BOSS DRAGON FIGHT IS TOO STRONG!!!" with a thumbnail of his face up close doing some exaggeratedly absurd expression. Like, comment and subscribe.
Dr Dog (NA)
: if you could have one champion or spell completely removed from the game what would it be?
I'm just gonna say {{champion:157}}. So all the weeblords will have to go back to playing Zed and Riven.
: LOL. My case was very minor in league just like my speeding. Why would I compare excessive speeding with minor league chat? Come on now. Use your brain "son".
How am I supposed to know why you compare anything to anything? Clearly you follow only your own internal logic and assume everyone is off-base but you... and judging by the massive downvotes you're getting not many people seem to agree with you or understand what kind of point you're even trying to make... But please do explain how I should "use my brain" to understand exactly what you meant when you said a thing. Is it because YOU understand it? Do you not see past your own nose? You sound rather self-absorbed, to the point that I half expect this is just a weird attempt at a shitpost or some troll shit.
: Does anyone else feel like Riot doesn't know how to handle Tanks anymore?
I'd say it's more that Riot doesn't know what they're doing with the game OVERALL, so they've been juggling power back and forth between role archetypes for a while now. Tanks are buff, then ADC's are buff, then mages are buff, etc etc. If they do it often enough it feels like the game is evolving and people who main a role are encouraged to just stick it out until they're on the upswing again... but things never actually get balanced well and the game is never actually in a decent state overall.
: That's funny. I've only ever gotten warnings for speeding. (I generally go less than 10 miles over.) How can something be a warning if it is a punishment? Chat restrictions and honor reductions aren't warnings. They're actual punishments lmfao. If you downvote this you're admitting you have no logical counter argument. It's okay kids.
"I haven't experienced it so it doesn't exisst". You'd need to have some sound logic to your statement for other people to debunk it, son.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q2wxkbw6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-13T18:06:02.567+0000) > > Riot so sexist, K/DA has no men. Well... ask for a boyband then!
Who would be in it tho? Ezreal, Taric, Garen and Varus? Maybe Lucian or Jayce? TF?
: > [{quoted}](name=The Whamboozler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=00270000,timestamp=2018-11-09T05:15:39.816+0000) > > What makes me sad is that you are probably 100% right and Riot knows this. Why make a complicated or interesting character when they can just sell her on being hot? That's the whole point. Look at people loving that mediocre Lissandra skin because it's a hot babe. I think Riot realized players of this game buy waifu skins, so people like me no longer have much space to enjoy designs like Rek'Sai or Tahm Kench.
> [{quoted}](name=LunSeiSleidee,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=002700000000,timestamp=2018-11-09T08:34:47.188+0000) > > That's the whole point. Look at people loving that mediocre Lissandra skin because it's a hot babe. > > I think Riot realized players of this game buy waifu skins, so people like me no longer have much space to enjoy designs like Rek'Sai or Tahm Kench. They'll throw out champs like that every so often just to dodge the complaints... but yeah, it's pretty obvious where the money is.
: Lol I understand why you dislike that type of personality, but I mean...she's not in the vast minority. PTSD does that to a person. Remember, she was lost. Virtually kidnapped to an alien realm. She survived attacks by monsters by being attached to another monster. She didn't grow up with friends. She didn't grow up with family. She probably didn't even speak. All she did was move. All she did was survive. All until the next time she has to move again. The reason I can appreciate her place in the music video is because it almost spotlessly represents Kai'Sa's character and story, and I'm sure I already said that but just have to mention it again. She was not raised socially, she was raised actively. She didn't speak and express through words, she ran and leaped and moved from place to place. That's exactly what she did in the video lol Besides, if you wanted expression that's what Evelynn's for.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=002200000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T17:07:08.129+0000) > > Lol I understand why you dislike that type of personality, but I mean...she's not in the vast minority. PTSD does that to a person. Remember, she was lost. Virtually kidnapped to an alien realm. She survived attacks by monsters by being attached to another monster. She didn't grow up with friends. She didn't grow up with family. She probably didn't even speak. All she did was move. All she did was survive. All until the next time she has to move again. > > The reason I can appreciate her place in the music video is because it almost spotlessly represents Kai'Sa's character and story, and I'm sure I already said that but just have to mention it again. She was not raised socially, she was raised actively. She didn't speak and express through words, she ran and leaped and moved from place to place. > > That's exactly what she did in the video lol Besides, if you wanted expression that's what Evelynn's for. Ok, first off.... KDA Kai'sa and normal Kai'sa are not the same. KDA Kai has.... probably not escaped the void and decided the best way to save the world from it is to put on leather pants and dance. KDA Kai'sa has none of Kai'sa's backstory at all. She's just the filler girl from a pop group. There to fill out the group but be replaceable. She reminded me of one of those over-artistic underwear models, just looking at the camera as she power-walked towards it. No expression on her face, no personality to her actions. And considering how much character they gave the other three it really, REALLY stood out. As for normal Kai'sa missing the mark and feeling bland.... that is it's own rant that I won't get into. Suffice to say I think they really, REALLY mishandled a VERY cool origin story that could have made an amazing character and I find her as disappointing as all fuck. If you don't, more power to ya. Agree to disagree.
: Kai'Sa is a bland character in general. I see her played a lot however, so perhaps bland generic pretty girls is what players of this game want.
> [{quoted}](name=LunSeiSleidee,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2018-11-07T10:25:39.445+0000) > > Kai'Sa is a bland character in general. I see her played a lot however, so perhaps bland generic pretty girls is what players of this game want. What makes me sad is that you are probably 100% right and Riot knows this. Why make a complicated or interesting character when they can just sell her on being hot?
: I don't know, I like it. She seemed like the new and bland one, which contrasts well with the more unique and experienced other girls.
> [{quoted}](name=KingRaerdon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2018-11-07T20:57:58.628+0000) > > I don't know, I like it. She seemed like the new and bland one, which contrasts well with the more unique and experienced other girls. I think she's just so blank she's easy to project onto. is she the new, nervous dancer? Is she serious and confident? Is she secretly a hardcore nerd that just likes tight pants? I don't freakin' know and neither do you, because she hasn't been given any kind of personality or defining traits. But that makes it REALLY easy to see what you want to in her, since nothing will contradict it. That's the point.... not defining a character well might be realistic (we all know plenty of wishy-washy or basic people that are just kinda there), but it's not good character design. It's boring. It's empty. It's not interesting. The fact that people can't seem to even agree on what she's actually like is proof of that... because they're just projecting what they want her to be onto her. That doesn't make her a strong character. I will say it again. I thought she was freakin' Irelia until she ulted midway through the video. Even her appearance isn't very defining.
: Think about this. Kai'sa, but in Ahri's place. It would've made the video a thousand times better. In fact. Let's remove Ahri.
> [{quoted}](name=Trash Bird,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2018-11-07T03:25:02.849+0000) > > Think about this. > > Kai'sa, but in Ahri's place. It would've made the video a thousand times better. In fact. Let's remove Ahri. I mean... it would have given Kai'sa more of a reason to exist in the group but... Ahri kinda was the start of the "pop stars" thing so it makes sense that she's there. And she's the aloof hot girl that ~~won't talk to me~~ exists in every pop group.
: It's funny how every complaint about Kai'Sa is everything that defines Kai'Sa as a character. "She didn't do much" That's Kai'Sa. "She didn't have the spotlight" That's Kai'Sa. "She's bland" That's Kai'Sa. "Didn't make a scene" That's Kai'Sa. "She didn't have her own dance solo" That's Kai'Sa. "She didn't have a solo part" That's Kai'Sa. Like, okay. Kai'Sa is, by personality and as a character, bland, quiet, reclusive, elusive, and overall rather be the backup than shine in center stage. That's literally who she is and I adore her for it.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2018-11-07T02:01:53.883+0000) > > It's funny how every complaint about Kai'Sa is everything that defines Kai'Sa as a character. > > "She didn't do much" That's Kai'Sa. > "She didn't have the spotlight" That's Kai'Sa. > "She's bland" That's Kai'Sa. > "Didn't make a scene" That's Kai'Sa. > "She didn't have her own dance solo" That's Kai'Sa. > "She didn't have a solo part" That's Kai'Sa. > > Like, okay. Kai'Sa is, by personality and as a character, bland, quiet, reclusive, elusive, and overall rather be the backup than shine in center stage. > > That's literally who she is and I adore her for it. Well... points to you for expressing your opinion without insulting mine. Thank you for that. I'm glad you like the character and get something out of her. She's just not for me. Agree to disagree, I guess. I don't find the character who kinda wallflowers in the back and doesn't do much or want to do much very interesting... because I AM that person. But yours is the only opinion that I kind of understand, so I won't give you shit for it. I just wish the character was more appealing to me, since her backstory and origin is REALLY RAD and I feel so disappointed that very little about cool background was explored or developed upon... but that's my issue with base Kai'sa, not KDA Kai'sa. I do kinda wonder why someone so standoffish and in the background is a freakin' pop diva. If I didn't care for attention, I doubt I'd go about painting a sign on myself that said "worship me, fanboys for I am your goddess" and that's basically what their video is. If she's less into the fame and the songs and just likes to dance, I wish they'd have given her a little dance routine of her, alone, paying attention to no one else and just dancing like no one is there watching her with a look of joy on her face. That would have sold it. But eh... that's just m beef. I'm glad you like her... and that there's at least one person on the boards who isn't a jerk about disagreeing with people. Kudos to you, my friend. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: You know what, i'm fed up with trying to argue a point about how literally no one who has issues with Kai'Sa's "personality, has actually red her accompanied lore, a short comic and even flavor text, Kass/Malzahar stories.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-06T22:01:15.238+0000) > > You know what, i'm fed up with trying to argue a point about how literally no one who has issues with Kai'Sa's "personality, has actually red her accompanied lore, a short comic and even flavor text, Kass/Malzahar stories. Hey... if you make a movie and the protagonist isn't developed at all in it... you've made a lousy protagonist. Saying "you need to do the reading to get it" doesn't make the movie better. The Last Jedi doesn't become less shit if they write a book after the fact that shows Luke's inner monologue and it turns out to be kinda interesting or reasonable. Good storytellers tell good stories and good character designers SHOW good characters. If I need to read the cliff notes to explain why "but for realz, she's not that bad" it doesn't change the fact that her portrayal still MAKES HER LOOK BAD. Does Batman v. Superman become better if we write a nifty side story that explains the nonsense plot or sands off the shitty writing and out of character moments? Does Suicide Squad become better if we write a novel explaining florida thug Joker? No. They did a lousy job designing her. Everything after the fact they've been doing is basically trying to paint some depth onto the cardboard cutout they made.
Peeblies (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wolfcub2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-06T11:15:58.868+0000) > > Yeah the Kaisa voice wasnt even heard much. If it was in there it sounded so much like the other 3. Though this is partially due to the fact that it was literally a group of 3 women singing.... so someone had to be left out. Honestly with 3 women as the singers it would have been much better with 3 champs, or atleast given Kaisa a good dance number to add in there besides as... as you said... filler material. Yeah the dashing and leaving the echos of her energy is a cool effect and all with dodging the car, but it would have also been just as good with Ahri or Akali dodging the car (if akali did it, she would be throwing a paint can that writes a message or some cool icon possibly? > > Or as i said, just given her a cool dance solo. Something to earn the presitgious skin. I assume they will make another video eventually with them, so i hope they give her some show time. Each of the four champions had a role in the pop group; Evelynn and Ahri being lead vocalists, Akali being a rapper, and Kai'sa in the role of _the dancer._ You can read the backgrounds/facts of each character and their roles in the group here: [https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/kda]
> [{quoted}](name=Peeblies,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-11-06T21:14:16.001+0000) > > Each of the four champions had a role in the pop group; Evelynn and Ahri being lead vocalists, Akali being a rapper, and Kai'sa in the role of _the dancer._ You can read the backgrounds/facts of each character and their roles in the group here: [https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/kda] Then why doesn't she get a little dance solo to show off some swanky moves? Why does she look so neutral-faced and lifeless while dancing if it's the thing she loves most? Something as simple as a 15 second dance routine with some energetic moves that showed off what she's supposed to be about would have been ALL it took to get that across... but they didn't do it. For fuck's sake, she spends most of the video calmly power-walking in a tunnel with an completely unreadable expression on her face. She barely dances. She does the routines the others do along with them but by that reasoning ANYONE could be called the lead dancer. The only thing she does that's even slightly a focus on her is her little flash-step thing that ISN'T a dance... and then she ults. Because when I think lead dancer... I think "shoulder-mounted cannon barrage". Show. Don't tell.
Krigjer (NA)
: > Yeah the Kaisa voice wasnt even heard much. If it was in there it sounded so much like the other 3. Though this is partially due to the fact that it was literally a group of 3 women singing.... so someone had to be left out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ja04e27i4w It's actually four women singing but Kai'sa's (Jaira Burns) part is so small it may as well have not been added at all. > Or as i said, just given her a cool dance solo. Something to earn the presitgious skin I wonder if they were unable to come up with anything totally unique for the video and performance that they gave her the Prestige skin variant hoping we wouldn't notice.
> [{quoted}](name=Krigjer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-06T19:54:17.749+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ja04e27i4w > > It's actually four women singing but Kai'sa's (Jaira Burns) part is so small it may as well have not been added at all. > > I wonder if they were unable to come up with anything totally unique for the video and performance that they gave her the Prestige skin variant hoping we wouldn't notice. I think the "prestige skin" thing is more because she's hot shit in competitive and has a crazy high win and pick rate and so they wanted to give the skin to the girl who'd shill the most merch. That's probably why she's in the band at ALL.
: > street-rapper punker please don't... I love punk, i love rappers embracing punk into their music. but this ain't it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-11-06T19:09:34.156+0000) > > please don't... > > I love punk, i love rappers embracing punk into their music. but this ain't it. Not punk music... just a punk. As in a delinquent. A rebel. Someone from the streets and anti-authority. The kind of people the music genre was named after... You know.... "Do you feel lucky, punk?". Punk wasn't referring to a musician.... it was referring to a thug. Akali's schtick is that she's a punker. Or at least, that's a word I've always heard for street kids where I grew up.
: I think you missed the point. That IS her personality. What, you want her to be this outgoing, extroverted, super crazy super ditsy super vibrant person when that's in fact not at all what her character is supposed to be? I was satisfied with what I saw regarding her. She was there. She sang. She didn't have the spotlight because that's not her character. She DID however display what she's capable of as a Champion, repeatedly using her Ultimate as and sparking fireworks with her Q. They displayed Kai'Sa perfectly, and if you don't like the character just say you don't like the character. Don't pretend like they should've done more with the character than the character herself is capable of.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-11-06T18:46:26.897+0000) > > I think you missed the point. That IS her personality. What, you want her to be this outgoing, extroverted, super crazy super ditsy super vibrant person when that's in fact not at all what her character is supposed to be? > > I was satisfied with what I saw regarding her. She was there. She sang. She didn't have the spotlight because that's not her character. She DID however display what she's capable of as a Champion, repeatedly using her Ultimate as and sparking fireworks with her Q. > > They displayed Kai'Sa perfectly, and if you don't like the character just say you don't like the character. Don't pretend like they should've done more with the character than the character herself is capable of. If her character is that she's quiet, kinda awkward and prefers to stay out of the spotlight... why the shit is she in a band at all, let alone one so flashy and attention-seeking as a group of pop-divas? She doesn't come across as shy and adorable to me... she comes off as a background dancer that just kinda got into the band. A cardboard cutout of a hot girl. Maybe if Riot were better at getting across shit like that they could have made her an adorkable girl with a strong will and a shy bearing... but they kinda.... don't. She just seems very indistinct and poorly defined, especially compared against the other characters that have very strong personalities. Like any other female character in the game could have gotten her part and it would have been the same. I could easily see Syndra, Irelia (whom I briefly thought she was, actually) or even Katarina in her role without that video changing at ALL. I have the same issues with her outside of the video, and I will admit I'm biased... but the argument that she's SUPPOSED to kind of lack a strongly defined personality or that she's supposed to come off as bland and forgettable seems REALLY dumb to me. A character can be played as quiet without being forgettable. A character can be reclusive and still played in a way that you understand who they are and like them. Her demeanor portrays absolutely NOTHING about who and what she is. She just kinda exists. Are there people like that? Sure. Are they usually interesting characters to see in movies, games and shows? Very rarely.
Ifneth (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-06T15:28:02.124+0000) > > Kai'sa has a bland and sometimes awkward personality, even in her base skin. > > I believe it's done intentionally in reference to her under developed social presence from being isolated in the void for so long There’s so much more they could have explored, though. 1) Isolation. She has no-one to talk to about her joys or sorrows. She’ll also never have friends, see her family, or fall in love. 2) Rejection. Society fears and loathes her despite her efforts, leaving her to continue them regardless. 3) Struggle. Every day is another life-or-death challenge. She probably suffers the effects of chronic stress and PTSD. It would have been amazing to use her Void fighting as a background for her altogether human efforts to overcome these challenges. Meeting Kassadin should have been a life-changing event (for both of them) and represented accordingly. A tale of awkward, cute, sad, hopeful, efforts to bond as father and daughter again, over weeks and months and years of visits. Their years would fall away as they shared their stories, started to play games between fights, and eventually had a hug. Imagine the drama of Kai’sa getting to be innocent and vulnerable for a moment, and of Kassadin finally having someone to hold onto. Then the journey outside. Hunting Voidlings that sneak out of the caves. Giving notes for Kassadin to leave at towns. Visits by local villagers, and a first reconciliation over tea and, yes, peaches. Becoming a hero to them and befriending people her age. Wondering if that cute boy likes her... Done right, with lore releases over time, people would have _cried_.
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-06T17:54:29.332+0000) > > There’s so much more they could have explored, though. > > 1) Isolation. She has no-one to talk to about her joys or sorrows. She’ll also never have friends, see her family, or fall in love. > > 2) Rejection. Society fears and loathes her despite her efforts, leaving her to continue them regardless. > > 3) Struggle. Every day is another life-or-death challenge. She probably suffers the effects of chronic stress and PTSD. > > It would have been amazing to use her Void fighting as a background for her altogether human efforts to overcome these challenges. Meeting Kassadin should have been a life-changing event (for both of them) and represented accordingly. > > A tale of awkward, cute, sad, hopeful, efforts to bond as father and daughter again, over weeks and months and years of visits. Their years would fall away as they shared their stories, started to play games between fights, and eventually had a hug. Imagine the drama of Kai’sa getting to be innocent and vulnerable for a moment, and of Kassadin finally having someone to hold onto. > > Then the journey outside. Hunting Voidlings that sneak out of the caves. Giving notes for Kassadin to leave at towns. Visits by local villagers, and a first reconciliation over tea and, yes, peaches. Becoming a hero to them and befriending people her age. Wondering if that cute boy likes her... > > Done right, with lore releases over time, people would have _cried_. Yeah, that story sounds heartbreakingly sweet. It's a real pity they decided to make her entire character "hot, quiet girl in a skintight suit" and then moved on.
vonzel (NA)
: Why is there always something to complain about?
> [{quoted}](name=pou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aYXnrIur,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-06T17:47:19.274+0000) > > Why is there always something to complain about? You say complain... I say notice and point out. Perhaps in the hopes that others agree and Riot makes changes for the better? If something you liked or cared about had a problem, I'm sure you would "complain" in the hopes of it being fixed. It's likely only because you don't care about some random skin line that you can take that aloof perspective at all. And truthfully, I'm not even all that invested in it. I was just honestly curious if anyone else shared my opinion on it. It's looking like some people do. You wanna judge me for that? Go right ahead, I guess.
Show more

The Whamboozler

Level 56 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion