: you want "live music preformance". go buy concert tickets then .. BabyRage
"All ya all" trollin' here must be a bunch of LoL NOOBS... if you actually "were alive and not still in diapers" during the first 4 seasons of LoL, you would know WTF I am talking about. Oh, but that is just tooooo much for ye post-Millennials, of course.... Just watch the opening World Final replays on YOUTUBE of Seasons 2-4; please tell me you don't like that. Or perhaps, you are just heartless. Or, something else...... no matter, figures people here looking for ticket info on this page "have a propensity for irrational behavior", as it were... Perhaps, a better question is: Why do you WANT RIOT to be /lazy and cancel the music show? Are you trying to get RIOT to "remove content"? Are you "too blinded by{{champion:17}}" to have legitimate and constructive feedback of RIOT? If I have to explain why such things "matter" in the first place..........Indeed, time to {{summoner:1}} this discussion from such noobishness, it is so...... {{champion:55}} _"Why? Because I CAN!"_
: Worlds 2016 - Finals tickets
If there is not going to be a Live Music Performance once again this year, thanks to the "genius" idea of "the round seating", then count me out. Last year's EU Finals without a Live Performance; and a forgone conclusion matchup with SKT, was GGWP from the start. The musical performance, as featured in Seasons 2-4, was the best and only part worth watching to a mass audience... like the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. Even if you knew absolute 0 about Esports/LoL, the performance alone is worth the viewership. Plus, it adds vital community engagement to the event, and separates LoL from every other Esports event out there. If RIOT games wants to be boring; "retconning" the LoL/Summoner's from LoL's lore, removing its theme music (Summoner's Call), and now make its Esports events unwatchable, GGWP... I might as well watch "real" sports.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=OWwAjm5g,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-11-18T07:24:33.051+0000) > > **Your observations that other sports "are not snowball-ly" is a false observation.** > **All sports snowball.** > > > NFL for example... if one team gets very far ahead (2+"scores")... the other team can only win if the ahead team implodes (which if ur Seattle Seahawks; happens every week in 4th quarter, so sadly). Same can be said with LCS team that "throws a lead" (perhaps a misplay at baron or otherwise late game mistake). > > Even in baseball, although it looks to be fair, is a game based upon pitching matchups. Teams that have good starter pitching will snowball to the end; when relievers are at hand, a "new game" begins in last few innings. One team will score many runs... the opponent shut out or otherwise contained. A team can only win if the enemy team makes a mistake. > > Take the last game in the World Series this year (Royals at Mets; Game 5): They left a the pitcher in all 9 innings... and the game was lost in the 9th because of the pitcher being tired and making mistakes. The game was otherwise completely on the Mets side otherwise. > > **If a team in any "real" sport gets a large lead ahead in score: They have effected a snowball; the opposing team little chance of "catchup".** LCS/LOL is no different... all of the rules are the same. It is an virtual sport so it is easier to add mechanics then a real sport that "appear to be expectional snowball-like" however to assume that "real" sports don't snowball is a false assumption. Just watch NFL's New England Patriots and tell me that enemy teams every game for like last every 5+ years "wasn't snowballed against". > > > There are many aspects to consider whether E-sports are real; the fact they are not physical being prime, alas the argument that snowball nature, or implied excesses of LoL is to it's disqualifier, is a false observation nonetheless. > > > Indeed it is so... I think you're talking about holding leads more-so than gaining tangible advantages. In baseball closers come in to secure leads in the last inning, which is holding a lead, but that closer doesn't get to start with a free out because his team is winning. I will concede that holding leads is actually harder in LoL than in most other sports; to win the game here you have to risk your lead everytime. There is no equivalent in League to running out the clock or bringing in an ace to shut the game down. Momentum is something I believe in, and that's the only real advantage winning teams have in other sports.
> [{quoted}](name=Poundman,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=OWwAjm5g,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-11-18T15:33:17.337+0000) > > I think you're talking about holding leads more-so than gaining tangible advantages. In baseball closers come in to secure leads in the last inning, which is holding a lead, but that closer doesn't get to start with a free out because his team is winning. **Think of LoL in it was (formerly) intended to be once a upon a time... in Lore/RPG context (BLASPHEMY!) and everything makes sense...** The Core Argument that LoL is a E-Sports can be made Lorewise: The game in a lore context (if it were real) is clearly a "Sport", and because it is digital or otherwise simulated, it is "Electronic". Thus the term "E-Sports" is born. However this of course can only be so if Lore is recognized by people who watch/play/design it; and because Humans of Earth like to ignore it like ISIS at their own peril, many "irregularities" are formed. Of course if video game companies had game designers that had functioning brains ((ehm, ehm {{champion:13}} {{champion:23}} )) of course they would have realized this long ago but alas... another debate entirely. You forget that that "real" sports are "real"... and physical in nature. Players get tired and fatigued... coaches/"Shotcallers" the same and worse. Conditions on the field change such as time of day (lighting), wind conditions, the crowd noise, and the like. E-sports are "digital sports in the digital world". The reason people get buffs or the like as you describe ("able to pitch 1MPH faster") is because *the buffs/debuffs simulate physical endurance/environmental changes on the champions and battlefield*. You are also forgetting that: 1. LoL is a Magical World and Earth Sciences need not apply 2. Summoners control Champions to some degree which adds its own layer of complexity 3. Summoner's Rift is a dynamic battlefield that changes... whereas most Earth Sports the conditions remain the same (again; magical reasons or otherwise) 4. Champions resurrect upon death; if a gladiator sport IRL could do the same I imagine the conditions would be different as well Keep in mind you are also only thinking of modern day sports. Ancient sports such as WTF happened in Rome(like) Coliseum... there were many "one-sided games". Watch classic movie "Gladiator" to see an example of "rigged conditions". Even games that have handicaps could be considered. >[{quoted}](name=Poundman,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=OWwAjm5g,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-11-18T15:33:17.337+0000) > >There is no equivalent in League to running out the clock or bringing in an ace to shut the game down. "Running down the clock" is what NA teams do all the time... AFK farm until late game and hope for a good teamfight. Or wait for 5 Dragon stacks which could be considered "an ace to shut the game down". This is an E-sport so it is harder to visualize real world concepts as I have described above nonetheless they do exist. In summary... Consider LOL as if were a real place, and a real event: Then everything makes sense. All of the mechanics that appear to be "snowbally" are actually game mechanics intended to simulate the environment as if it were real. And don't forgot its a MAGICAL WORLD {{champion:99}} of course! Indeed it is so...
: I just realized why I can't take esport seriously.
**Your observations that other sports "are not snowball-ly" is a false observation.** **All sports snowball.** NFL for example... if one team gets very far ahead (2+"scores")... the other team can only win if the ahead team implodes (which if ur Seattle Seahawks; happens every week in 4th quarter, so sadly). Same can be said with LCS team that "throws a lead" (perhaps a misplay at baron or otherwise late game mistake). Even in baseball, although it looks to be fair, is a game based upon pitching matchups. Teams that have good starter pitching will snowball to the end; when relievers are at hand, a "new game" begins in last few innings. One team will score many runs... the opponent shut out or otherwise contained. A team can only win if the enemy team makes a mistake. Take the last game in the World Series this year (Royals at Mets; Game 5): They left a the pitcher in all 9 innings... and the game was lost in the 9th because of the pitcher being tired and making mistakes. The game was otherwise completely on the Mets side otherwise. **If a team in any "real" sport gets a large lead ahead in score: They have effected a snowball; the opposing team little chance of "catchup".** LCS/LOL is no different... all of the rules are the same. It is an virtual sport so it is easier to add mechanics then a real sport that "appear to be expectional snowball-like" however to assume that "real" sports don't snowball is a false assumption. Just watch NFL's New England Patriots and tell me that enemy teams every game for like last every 5+ years "wasn't snowballed against". There are many aspects to consider whether E-sports are real; the fact they are not physical being prime, alas the argument that snowball nature, or implied excesses of LoL is to it's disqualifier, is a false observation nonetheless. Indeed it is so...
Nico0404 (NA)
: Im too lazy to argue with everything you typed, but I will argue the obvious one: Over 1/2 the champions in the game were used this Worlds. Every champion (with the exeption of Yorick, but TBH he isnt even real) has been used in LCS at somepoint, so looking at LCS champions does sorta matter (IDK how to phrase answer, point is LCS uses more than 50%) {{summoner:4}} {{summoner:32}} {{summoner:14}} {{champion:17}}
> [{quoted}](name=Nico0404,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jLGvQ3Wk,comment-id=00170002,timestamp=2015-11-12T04:39:57.770+0000) > > Im too lazy to argue with everything you typed, but I will argue the obvious one: > Over 1/2 the champions in the game were used this Worlds. > {{summoner:4}} {{summoner:32}} {{summoner:14}} {{champion:17}} You do realize my post is 10 months old right? Your reply 4 days ago... At the time my post is historically accurate: Spring 2015 was the same old same old. Spring was basically tank meta until the end. It wasn't until Summer when the champ diversity train took off. And simply because champions were used at some point in last 5 years doesn't mean anything balance wise... {{champion:37}} Anyone? After her "rework" she hasn't been used in any LCS action thereafter. Could say same for the "50% of others" who were AFK in 2015. Yes this season, by its end, had more diversity then before. Yes this is a good thing. But this only because the meta changed with every patch... and not because all 50% of the champions used *were effective on the same patch*. WOrlds had many champions yes; and all on same patch nontheless only some of them proved effective, the rest costly to the teams that used them. Because RIOT insists on adding new and in the case of Season 5; loser champions that break or otherwise make game worse, the "older" champions are being nerfed into Oblivion. When I see 100% effective, cross region participation rates then we can talk about "champion diversity". Meanwhile {{champion:37}} will go {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}} silently until such time alas... Note: BTW read my OP again.. I greatly updated and improved it to better enlighten the misguided mortals of this realm such as yourself nonetheless... Indeed it is so...
: > I didnt buy tickets That's why the budget was low.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=ZFbGikZW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-10-31T20:34:29.542+0000) > > That's why the budget was low. LoL no more like it was sold out without a few hours of going on sale and I didn't make it a priority to buy tickets at the time. 'touché nonetheless...{{champion:114}}
Rioter Comments
: Why is Worlds limited to 720p?
Mates... they cannot even maintain a stable 720p steam without it freezing all the time (youtube stream)... you want even more power?...
Sasogwa (EUW)
: What a cocky motherf*cker you make. Like predictions would make you better at understanding the game and the teams than the analysts.
> [{quoted}](name=Sasogwa,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=k2g5z4Js,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-10-15T08:45:28.382+0000) > > What a cocky motherf*cker you make. Like predictions would make you better at understanding the game and the teams than the analysts. Look; my problem is that NA analysts are biased. My stats above demonstrate this. Even in the face of poor performance they still continued to spam C9/CLG/TSM win even though they all blew apart game after game. They are not providing useful analysis that helps a observer better figure out LoL... they are just trolling. Granted the non-NA analysts are far better... however given this is a NA focused game the NA region dominate the screen time. As you can see in my stats above EU analysts such as YAMATOCANNON and Asian region such as TABE. Finally this post focuses on the dedicated pre/post game analysts; and not shoutcasters who sometimes provide analyst, which are generally better anyways. Perhaps I should have retitled my thread... alas that is too late now nonetheless...
: I dont feel like sitting through 12+ dodges. I think im going to stick to teambuilder or draft pick for awhile
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Kaozi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VKiHcnaK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-10-14T15:47:58.079+0000) > > I dont feel like sitting through 12+ dodges. I think im going to stick to teambuilder or draft pick for awhile Hey I would sit though 12+dodges. By the time you get a team you probably have one super awesome team as all of the trolls have been "weeded out".
Myz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=pkKZaXQ8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-10-13T03:49:59.041+0000) > > Technically not true... RIOT is owned by Chinese company as was provided funding by it from early game development... if NA region never existed it would simply continue in Asia/Korea/China. they weren't owned by chinese in S1, they got bought in S2.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebay Account,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=pkKZaXQ8,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-10-13T11:26:21.549+0000) > > they weren't owned by chinese in S1, they got bought in S2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Games >Riot Games, Inc. was founded as an Indie game developer in 2006 by Brandon "Ryze" Beck, and Marc "Tryndamere" Merrill in Los Angeles.[8] The company announced its only game, League of Legends: Clash of Fates, in October 2008,[9] and released the game in October 2009 as simply League of Legends. Their game uses a free-to-play model, supported by microtransactions rather than ads or boxed copy sales. >In 2008, Riot Games obtained initial funding of US$7 million provided by venture capital firms Benchmark Capital and FirstMark Capital.[10] In a second round of funding in 2009, the company raised $8 million from Benchmark, FirstMark, and Chinese technology giant Tencent Holdings.[11][12] In early 2011, Tencent Holdings bought out a majority stake in Riot Games.[13] Tencent later reported the deal was for $231,465,000 in an interim report.[14] I said they were funded by the Chinese... by a significant amount, which lead to a complete takeover. Although the details of the deal is not public of course it is clear that it was conditional funding. Once LOL took off as a game they bought out the rest of the stake. As you can see in the second round of funding they received a significant source from China. It was not a majority state alas a significant minority stake. Because the company is owned by many parties that leads to a plurality or otherwise effect. So although they did not have outright control, they had enough private control to dicate future of company. In the end, because China was involved early; as my premise had stated previously, had NA region not have materialized (nobody in USA played LOL) but yet KOrea and others did the game would have simply moved overseas.
: What is this nonsense coming out of this kid's mouth??? Are you really analyzing there skills off some random outliers and Worlds Pick Em? If you were better you would be doing the casting, but since you're not your argument is invalid. Also, there main job is to be entertaining, not necessarily get every prediction right. They are entertainers first after all. Also, they do acknowledge their mistakes, so it's not like nobody notices they had bad picks in groups. But at the same time, IT'S GROUPS. The fact that you wasted your time writing this complaint highlights how much of a fool you really are.
> [{quoted}](name=RiSinGSenJi18,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=k2g5z4Js,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-10-13T12:33:58.000+0000) > > What is this nonsense coming out of this kid's mouth??? Are you really analyzing there skills off some random outliers and Worlds Pick Em? If you were better you would be doing the casting, but since you're not your argument is invalid. UHm... did you check my PICKEM? I am doing *far* better then them. BTW I am probably older then you so 'piff. Instead of using emotional based personal ad-homen attacks... try using something called "logic". Helps wonders. Next time why don't you provide some hard data in your sea of emotional distress?... Alas some of them are entertainers... however others are there for ??? reasons. Phreak, for example is clearly that however he does have some sense at times... whereas someone like Crumbz... IDK why he is there other then to be the guy who is always wrong I suppose. In the end we need to have someone who is skilled there or otherwise the playerbase will be confused. People who never play LoL or dont' know about Esports will have no idea WTF is going on if their analysts don't. If LOL is to expand it needs a good base to do so... and this time it wasn't. I will admit that the casters are generally much better then the analysts... and my thread is focused on the analyst desk part. Otherwise... why should I waste my time watching the pre-game show with DASH if all they do is mess around? At least have something useful once in awhile. Indeed it is so...
Roktan (NA)
: LCS Worlds is pointless.
Its only "pointless" because trolls such as yourself (or Dyrus for that matter) don't know how to play LoL in NA region... and the teams that come out of NA are horrible, especially in teamfights. They are easily baited and don't think through the fight first... no attention to crowd control or enemy canceling thereof. If NA players got better heads and shotcalling then maybe they could win. And supports... don't forget NA supports are horrible. They need to be 5v5 and not 4v5 most matches.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=k2g5z4Js,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-10-13T03:42:33.643+0000) > > **Upsets? What Upsets?** > > NA Lost everything. FNC/SKT wins division. International teams are last place. The only upset was LGD being wiped out in group D. > > Using the results of Week 1 to predict Week 2 were completely misguided. A careful analysis of each game would show that these games were lost in champion select, and with furthermore bad plays. Even true of FNC which started bad. The end result... what "should" have been considered was the same. > > Week 1's results were reset by Week 2's. There was no long run average of upsets. OF course if your NA Fan... no wonder you think the tourney was "upset". False hope is more accurate. First off I'm more of an EU fan than an NA fan. Second, I'm talking about all the upsets from week 1. It becomes so hard to predict after you watch that because you don't know how each team will perform. Just because everything "turned out as expected" in week 2, that doesn't mean that it's easy to predict. When LGD starts 0/3, you don't expect them to go 2/1. When C9 goes 3/0, you don't expect them to go 0/4. But please go complain at the analysts when they know a lot more about the game than you and are tryin to predict what team out of a bunch of world-class teams will beat each other which a lot of the time is 50/50 if a team doesn't screw up.
> [{quoted}](name=Juggernaut628,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=k2g5z4Js,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-13T04:57:36.769+0000) > >Second, I'm talking about all the upsets from week 1. It becomes so hard to predict after you watch that because you don't know how each team will perform. Just because everything "turned out as expected" in week 2, that doesn't mean that it's easy to predict. When LGD starts 0/3, you don't expect them to go 2/1. When C9 goes 3/0, you don't expect them to go 0/4. Yes but this logic is misguided. You are assuming the keys to victory in each of these matches are "sustainable"... that is C9 is *really* better then FNC. But it wasn't. There was misplays, bad champion selection, and meta updates that occurred in week 1. To assume that "the good teams suddenly are losing to NA" was a false assumption. Non-NA teams were either ego driven or misprepared week 1. To assume that CLG/C9 were going to repeat performance in Week 2 when the results of Week 1 were not that impressive was a fatal mistake. Furthermore, after seeing NA teams play 1 game in Week 2 the "warning signs" should have been noticed. BUt yet many still thought that C9 had any hope of making quarterfinals. Their 3 "wins" were simply statistical anomalies... that is all. Their play is single meta focused... and they cannot even repeat the quality. Their Teamfighting is horrible... bait them and GGWP. Same goes for all other NA teams. >But please go complain at the analysts when they know a lot more about the game than you and are tryin to predict what team out of a bunch of world-class teams will beat each other which a lot of the time is 50/50 if a team doesn't screw up. LoL last time I check I am > all analysts according to Pickem site. Only Quckshot came close and he is OK I suppose. The NA analysts are full of themselves... and without merit. Placing CLG in second place in group A? Have you watched NA playoffs before? CLG shouldn't even be in Worlds... save for the fact that rest of NA is even more horrible. Their only competent player is Doublelift... but without his team helping him like AHQ/AN they cannot do anything. Speaking of players... LemonNation/C9 is reason C9 lost. He cannot support. He only plays Morgana. And not even well. And Morgana isn't even good in most situations especially late game. IF C9 had a "real support" maybe they would have been able to at least win the IG game and move on. In either case... I put my skills againstthe so called "analysts" any day of the week with the results in worlds so far. Indeed it is so..
: When People Say X>NA Just Remember
Technically not true... RIOT is owned by Chinese company as was provided funding by it from early game development... if NA region never existed it would simply continue in Asia/Korea/China.
: With all the upsets that happened at worlds... WTF are you on right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Juggernaut628,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=k2g5z4Js,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-10-13T03:31:44.769+0000) > > With all the upsets that happened at worlds... WTF are you on right now. **Upsets? What Upsets?** NA Lost everything. FNC/SKT wins division. International teams are last place. The only upset was LGD being wiped out in group D. Using the results of Week 1 to predict Week 2 were completely misguided. A careful analysis of each game would show that these games were lost in champion select, and with furthermore bad plays. Even true of FNC which started bad. The end result... what "should" have been considered was the same. Week 1's results were reset by Week 2's. There was no long run average of upsets. OF course if your NA Fan... no wonder you think the tourney was "upset". False hope is more accurate.
Rioter Comments
Orenin (NA)
: Why are people calling group B the group of death when it is obviously group D?
Yes... GD is indeed the DOOM GROUP OF DOOM. A "group of death" is one that is impossible to win... not one that is balanced.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Oi1aPUr8,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-18T21:51:10.130+0000) > > ...spoken like a true capitalist. Time to do some reflection on life and better prioritize your ways. Or your probably going to kill yourself very soon. > > > Indeed it is so... Would you rather me be the person who feels entitled to everything?
> [{quoted}](name=Praetor Don,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Oi1aPUr8,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-19T00:26:46.705+0000) > > Would you rather me be the person who feels entitled to everything? You don't have to feel entitled to anything to value what is free: Communists/Socialists are just as messed up as Capitalists. Indeed, as a true non-believer scientific view of the universe would establish; means that nobody is special, nobody "deservers" nothing. "Life" is but a seemingly random collection of quantum particles bouncing around. That being said... that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy the free things in life: Which BTW are always the best things. Things you have to pay for are not worth it in the end. You are trading money for services/items... it is a (negotiated) trade not a gain. They are material and transitory. 1000 years from now they will probably not even exist. Value your honor, dignity and respect... and your posterity and these things shall stand the test of time. Assuming humans don't nuke the planet first of course. Indeed it is so...
: > [{quoted}](name=Soul Bleach,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Oi1aPUr8,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-09-17T21:04:07.919+0000) > > It's free. What other reason do you need. Nothing good in life is free.
> [{quoted}](name=Praetor Don,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Oi1aPUr8,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2015-09-18T01:07:25.427+0000) > > Nothing good in life is free. ...spoken like a true capitalist. Time to do some reflection on life and better prioritize your ways. Or your probably going to kill yourself very soon. Indeed it is so...
Archon X (NA)
: Origen winning group D. Other groups irrelevant since they will lose to Origen in knockout.
> [{quoted}](name=Archon X,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=UT0v2ZMk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-09-14T17:50:51.609+0000) > > Origen winning group D. Other groups irrelevant since they will lose to Origen in knockout. ..............Origin is good by western standards but they stand no chance vs Asians...
: It's just a small little thing their doing, I doubt that many people even know about it. But hey, at least the icons are kinda cute!{{summoner:31}}
> [{quoted}](name=Gibber Rish,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Oi1aPUr8,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-09-14T08:31:13.453+0000) > > It's just a small little thing their doing, I doubt that many people even know about it. Yea true that... I wouldn't even know about it unless I watched (which I did) the group bracket selection event on Saturday. If this activity was designed to further the "power" of Esports well... /epicfail RIOT Public Relations/Marketing Indeed it is so...
Rioter Comments
KÐA Miky (EUW)
: Lol thats so ironic, CLG won NA lcs :D
> [{quoted}](name=ArticHell,realm=EUW,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=8uz5LEoe,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-08-27T16:49:46.222+0000) > > Lol thats so ironic, CLG won NA lcs :D 'touché {{champion:114}} on that. Figures TSM goes down and CLG takes its place. However the main point concernign this thread is that Huni still is never going to leave EU for NA... as of course EU>NA. Indeed it is so...
: "We don't want a sandbox mode because we don't want players to be expected to grind it"
LoL what is funny about this is somehow "Grinding in Bronze Matches" and hating yourself is fine... but being able to solomode play isn't... I think RIOT just doesn't want you to leave Ranked. "THEY WANT YOUZ... THEY NEEEZ YOU... THE PRECIOUS!" Yes... or they are simply a bunch of slackers like we know them to be and don't want to code it alas... Indeed it is so...
Cruk (NA)
: You do realize that Phreak is diamond right? and spends endless hours of game-play analysis and thought to understand what is going on in games that he casts, it's his job, and he also gets behind the scene details on team strats and ideas. You dont have to be elite to understand what is happening, but being Elite lets you see things that normal players dont. I bet if you and i sat down and watched a match together, i would be able to point out more mistakes, and more good plays than you would. If i laned against you, i would be able to see your mistakes a lot easier than you would be able to see mine. Its a difference of perspective, some people have more some people have less, practice helps.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaMojoMike,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HiAJIWEk,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-08-04T19:22:19.846+0000) > > You do realize that Phreak is diamond right? Yes but Diamond isn't Challenger. By your own logic he "would not be able to understand Challenger+ playstyle" because "he is not of that level". That is complete bullshit. Therefore Phreak proves your logic wrong. > If i laned against you, i would be able to see your mistakes a lot easier than you would be able to see mine. LoL no... I know my "mistakes" just fine thank you. More specially my inability to fucking last hit the minions with any degree of certainty/consistency (especially with mages) is my problem. Otherwise I have everything under control no doubt, including predicting/avoiding ganks (which is inevitable no doubt). Of course since they just nuked my core solo lane champion {{champion:114}} I probably /epicfail now LoL but alas besides the point. That assumes I still play this game (which I don't) of course. Indeed it is so...
: People Do Realize GP Isn't Confirmed Dead Lorewise Right?...
LoL Indeed... I do accept all of your appoglizes therefore. INdeed GP is not dead... as stated. Nor was he even killed. Just "injured". Perhaps he was already dead before. Indeed it is so...
Nilok (NA)
: The Barded Lady, Mother Serpent, What is she?
Uhm... I always thought {{champion:21}} was the "Bearded Lady"... some sort of metaphor of Gangplanks but alas...
Cruk (NA)
: You cannot compare Solo Q to the LCS lmao, you have to compare ranked 5's to the LCS which would the be challenger teams that dont make it into the LCS, lots of ranked 5's teams are really good with great coordination, of course ranked 5's gameplay looks better than solo Q because they are players that are familiar with each other using voice communication haha. You watch challenger play, that has LCS players playing in the solo Q game on twitch or whatever, and they might lose lane or the game because, well shit it's solo Q is miles different from ranked 5's, and im not just saying its different, it really IS different, said millions of times by Pro's and alike. The problem that you see mistakes that are similar between Elo's is good, it will help you advance, but in reality if you could see all the problems being made you would be able to spot your own and improve, some mistakes are really obvious, and some arent, like when should I have split pushed, i lost lane and had to TP back for farm now he has TP advantage on me while dragon is up, ETC millions of examples and variables. Its harder for low elo players to recognize all the mistakes they make, otherwise they would fix them and advance, if you pinned me up against literally ANY bronze or silver player that wasnt a smurf or whatever, i could "wipe the floor" with them, not to be mean, but i have been silver before, and it does not compare to higher elo, and im not even that high! When you make it to high elo, and gain more understanding of the game, you will advance and realize that just like in ANY sport or game, there are differing levels of play, in ANYTHING people are better than others and have differing skill, league is no exception.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaMojoMike,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HiAJIWEk,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2015-08-04T06:37:52.459+0000) > > > When you make it to high elo, and gain more understanding of the game, you will advance and realize that just like in ANY sport or game, there are differing levels of play, in ANYTHING people are better than others and have differing skill, league is no exception. WE are going to have to agree to disagree then. BTW one doesn't need to be good to know what good-ness looks like. RIOT employees for example that are not LCS or even challenger (such as Phreak) but yet they basically develop the game know what they are doing. Or anyone else for that matter. The "you have to be elite to know an elite" is an ad homen attack that is not logical therefore. Lastly, all one has to do is compare NA/EU SoloQ to Korea and GG WP. GO TSM!!! (or not because they suck) Indeed it is so...
: Mate but we are talking about solo q :D not LCS coordinated ranked teams. I just responded to you comparing bronze cs to Challenger cs becaues you know when bronze player plays against bronze player he can have 150 at 20 min and when he lanes against Challenger he may have none. Not sure why you talk about LCS tho. When you watch bronze vs bronze and Challenger vs Challenger you may find it similar, but when you play against them then you realize diffrences. Bronze/silver/gold these players barely have basics and thats it no matter how it looks. Also vision control isnt only support task :D it is task of all players only in low tiers people believe support should do all warding etc... People there do ilogical things and play like RNG doing stuff helter-skelter. Game is a lot more complex than you may think you know it is not just about csing, high elo players have all kinds of qualities you dont even know about. One of them may be for example psychology. They can easily recognize behaviour pattern of his teamates and act and play in their favor to make em feel more comfortable and confident and that is just one of bilions things these people do. If you wanna compare low elo and high elo games at least watch them with commentary so you know how specific players think, because just watching them will teach you nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=El Cucuy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HiAJIWEk,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2015-08-02T19:34:56.379+0000) > > Mate but we are talking about solo q :D not LCS coordinated ranked teams. I just responded to you comparing bronze cs to Challenger cs becaues you know when bronze player plays against bronze player he can have 150 at 20 min and when he lanes against Challenger he may have none. >Not sure why you talk about LCS tho. Because this is all that matters. Bronze to Challenger is like a series of baby steps forward vs a massive leap around the world and back that is LCS. SoloQ is so far behind LCS that the difference between Bronze/Challenger is far closer then Challenger/LCS. If we all strive to be the best... then comparing Bronze to Challenger players is irrelevant. The only comparisons that are indeed relevant and should be made is Bronze/Challenger vs LCS. These observations become apparent when comparing NA/EU to Asia... as even SoloQ "Bronze" as they say is even way above NA Challenger. Therefore... what difference does it make between Bronze/Challenger when you are comparing Pre-School (Bronze) to Kindergarten (Challenger) when LCS is College lvl +? Saying "Challenger is *soooo* much better then then Bronze when Challenger is still a joke is pathetic at best. I guess you can say that at least they are "not as stupid as Bronze" but Challenger is still very stupid nonetheless. We should be trying to study "End Game LoL" and not "incremental tactics" that is the Tier System. Indeed it is so...
: I dont know how I found this eitheR :D i was just running through the internet bored and found it and still believe me no matter how hard you try to see differences you will see minimum of them becuase you cannot see something you dont know about. I know you may not feel like that but trust me I was once like that as well. Often times I watch high elo games as well and I see no difference because i lack what is supposed to be that difference, but sometimes in a normal queue i get matched against one of these and there I see how much better they are from me. They play almost everything to perfection and bronze thats just a bad joke :P I as a low diamond player myself have recently won game 1v5. To be perfectly honest those player there are comparable to bots without offense thats just what I saw.
> [{quoted}](name=El Cucuy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HiAJIWEk,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2015-08-02T16:15:40.727+0000) > > I dont know how I found this eitheR :D i was just running through the internet bored and found it and still believe me no matter how hard you try to see differences you will see minimum of them becuase you cannot see something you dont know about. LoL no this isn't the problem. As I indicated there are "minor" variations between the ranks. This situation is like comparing strengths of some random country like France's Military vs USA: There is no comparison. Even challenger matches, if you watch them, are nothing compared to LCS games. The difference between Bronze/Challenger is incremental vs the difference with LCS. Like taking a small step vs going to the Moon. Massive distances in player coordination... even champion skill level. An exponential curve no doubt. Even when LCS players play on Challenger... they usually at a skill far below their LCS tier. Even if you get a few of them on same team the same. Challenger is basically a glorified Bronze as far as LCS is concerned. ...Else there would be far more better players in LCS. Alas what I am getting at is basically that "anyone who isn't LCS-Tier is a noob" so therefore ranks don't matter. People want to live in a fantasy that Bronze-Challenger ranks "matter" then so be it... because in the end their are not as good as they think. Indeed it is so...
: So have we forgiven the lore team?
BTW I just want to say good work OP on this thread... well done indeed.
: It is absolute BS that yasuo can block nami's ult
{{champion:267}} simply needs... **MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**
: Dont get me wrong mate but if you are not challenger you cant compare challenger vs other ranks :D Like when bronze player watches bronze ranked game and challenger ranked game he wont see the difference simply because he watches it from his low elo point of view. Believe me, diamond1/master/challenger is incomparable with rest and definetily not with bronze.
> [{quoted}](name=El Cucuy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HiAJIWEk,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2015-08-02T03:02:01.955+0000) > > Dont get me wrong mate but if you are not challenger you cant compare challenger vs other ranks :D Like when bronze player watches bronze ranked game and challenger ranked game he wont see the difference simply because he watches it from his low elo point of view. LoL no this is naïve point of view. It is possible for anyone who tries to see some differences between the tiers if you watch it. Things such as creep score, skill shot landings, organization, the like. However that doesn't mean that _on a fundamental basis the players in Bronze make the same errors that even Challenger does..._ thus effectively the same. > Believe me, diamond1/master/challenger is incomparable with rest and definetily not with Bronze. Compared to LCS play... yes they are. Especially NA... I know that you are on EUW servers and spending some time there myself EUW is definitely better tier wise. However this being NA board: NA challenger is... GO TSM! :) PS: IDK how you found this thread... it is over 5 months old but GGWP. Indeed it is so...
: >Original DOTA could be considered an E-Sport because the DOTA content to Warcraft 3 is open source... and thus not under the control of anyone. However DOTA 2 and LoL are under the direct control of someone and exist entirely within their realm. IF LoL was open sourced and someone made a mod that was "proprietary" to LoL then perhaps it could be considered a sport using this definition. However because the entire realm is under RIOT's control it isn't a sport... simply a tool of Riot. You seem to be under a misconceived notion that league of legends is the only possible e-sport and the center for all argurmets for video games being sports. I am not debating for the sake of LoL i am debating for the sake of electronic sports in the video game realm. >Lastly it goes without saying that this very same organization that came up with this definition of sport specifically indicated that E-Sports are not a Sport in their own opinion therefore any perceived "technicalities" as you may perceive it are irrelevant as far as they are considered therefore. Simply because an organization decides "it is so" today, doesn't meant they are correct and most certainly does NOT mean that it will ALWAYS be so. The all knowing health industry has changed its mind on the value of the egg so many times in just the last decade that you can not tell me this upcoming generation will not change the definition of "mind sports" in the more near future than you would like to believe. "i grew up on video games" generation is just reaching mid adulthood and will begin changing the face of society very soon. oh and as far as percieved technicalities and people making decisions on what is and isnt..Darwin came up with a wonderful theory of the evolution of mankind.....we put it in our schoolbooks as fact. Darwin recanted his theory and admitted it was garbage...every school in america still teaches it. So...is it perceived technicality or stubborn refusal to accept somebody fucked up? Time will tell
> [{quoted}](name=ToiletteOfDoom ,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=cMk3uX1n,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T13:58:13.906+0000) > > You seem to be under a misconceived notion that league of legends is the only possible e-sport and the center for all argurmets for video games being sports. I am not debating for the sake of LoL i am debating for the sake of electronic sports in the video game realm. Well this thread's OP asked the Q whether LoL is an Esport... so I keep my arguments focus on that therefore. > Simply because an organization decides "it is so" today, doesn't meant they are correct and most certainly does NOT mean that it will ALWAYS be so. The all knowing health industry has changed its mind on the value of the egg so many times in just the last decade that you can not tell me this upcoming generation will not change the definition of "mind sports" in the more near future than you would like to believe. "i grew up on video games" generation is just reaching mid adulthood and will begin changing the face of society very soon. Perhaps if you believe in something hard enough... it will be true. The Truthiness is strong in this one... Indeed it is so...
: You didn't read a single thing I quoted and are merely brushing off my sound arguments as "blah blah, you don't know this or that." Gangplank is readily hated by most of Runeterra. We already know he's enemies with Noxus, which makes him likely enemies with Zaun by association. The Yordles will never take kindly to him, as well as Ionia, Piltover, and Demacia not having the disposition to even tolerate him. Outside of random unaffiliated entities, no one's going to be there to save Gangplank, especially when this lore has Gangplank being hated by both "good guys and bad guys". We know that he and his crew are on the ship. Solid, cannot be denied. We also know that, aside from the plot device dagger, nothing was made apparent. If he has a magical pact, it's doubtful to be with Tahm, because Gangplank would never risk so much to save his own skin like that, he has pride. The event itself is at a magnitude where no outside entity would want to immediately intervene, and only has a direct impact on Bilgewater itself. He may have failsafes, but it's very apparent his ship was completely destroyed. Whatever failsafe he had didn't work, and everyone on his ship was seen burning alive or being eaten alive by the creatures of the deep. The assumption that a "League Champion" is on the boat is outright false. In the lore, the League and the Institute of War no longer exists. Therefore, no one else of importance is known to have been on that ship besides Gangplank. Not only did Graves and Fate see it, but Fortune also sees the entire ship engulfed in flames. They definitely aren't "hyping" the level of destruction. And besides that, do you really want to go into the water? It's full of different creatures that will rip flesh to shreds in a matter of seconds. We already explicitly saw one of Gangplank's crew members dragged under by a tentacle, God save the men torn alive by dozens upon dozens of piranha clones. Put short, the ocean is no safer than a burning boat in Bilgewater. And making Miss Fortune fail in the face of years of preparation and decades of anguish would just be shit story-telling. Oh look, you've prepared for so many years trying to kill the man who slaughtered your parents in cold blood, and now you suddenly fail? If the plot really takes this kind of a shitty turn, then what the hell was the point of this entire story, other than Fortune failed and is now on Gangplank's hitlist? Basically meaning, this entire event is for nothing if Gangplank survives, analyzing the current lore given. You haven't given counter-arguments. You've given hollow suppositions.
> [{quoted}](name=AtrocityEyes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=00040000000000010000,timestamp=2015-07-31T08:57:23.503+0000) > > > You haven't given counter-arguments. You've given hollow suppositions. Uhm only one doing this is you. When GP comes back (alive) to lore... I will accept your apology. Indeed it is so...
Helmight (NA)
: I'll agree with you that the likelihood of Gangplank surviving the explosion is small. However, you're also neglecting a few points here: 1. Gangplank didn't become the unofficial king of Bilgewater by being easy to kill. He was also surrounded by crew members when the explosion went off - an easy way for him to survive the shrapnel and the explosion. 2. There is no body. Everyone knows that if there isn't a corpse, the character isn't confirmed to be dead. Now, we may get an Act IV where MF finds his body, but until that point, Gangplank cannot be presumed dead. 3. Riot has not confirmed his death. If GP was truly dead, they'd be posting in every "GP is alive" thread to clarify that he is gone forever. The fact that NONE of them have said "Gangplank is gone forever" tell me that he must still be alive. In addition, the QA thread asks GP fans to "remain calm for a few days until we can fully assess the situation." To me, that means that Riot isn't sold on the idea of GP being dead forever. 4. Tahm Kench. The champion was released along with the Bilgewater event, but has had no impact on it whatsoever - a far cry from what Lissandra and Azir did for their events. Also remember that Tahm Kench is a confirmed crossroads demon - it's fully possible that GP was spared death by a deal with Mr. Kench and will be returning at some point. 5. The Battle for Bilgewater is a joke of a plot point unless MF actually has someone competing with her for the title. If GP was dead for sure, MF would almost assuredly take over Bilgewater without incident - something that Riot is keen to avoid. It makes an awful lot more sense for GP to reemerge and compete with her for control, since that way Riot gets a strong rivalry between the two.
> [{quoted}](name=Helmight,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T07:17:02.674+0000) > > I'll agree with you that the likelihood of Gangplank surviving the explosion is small. However, you're also neglecting a few points here: > > 1. Gangplank didn't become the unofficial king of Bilgewater by being easy to kill. He was also surrounded by crew members when the explosion went off - an easy way for him to survive the shrapnel and the explosion. > > 2. There is no body. Everyone knows that if there isn't a corpse, the character isn't confirmed to be dead. Now, we may get an Act IV where MF finds his body, but until that point, Gangplank cannot be presumed dead. > > 3. Riot has not confirmed his death. If GP was truly dead, they'd be posting in every "GP is alive" thread to clarify that he is gone forever. The fact that NONE of them have said "Gangplank is gone forever" tell me that he must still be alive. In addition, the QA thread asks GP fans to "remain calm for a few days until we can fully assess the situation." To me, that means that Riot isn't sold on the idea of GP being dead forever. > > 4. Tahm Kench. The champion was released along with the Bilgewater event, but has had no impact on it whatsoever - a far cry from what Lissandra and Azir did for their events. Also remember that Tahm Kench is a confirmed crossroads demon - it's fully possible that GP was spared death by a deal with Mr. Kench and will be returning at some point. > > 5. The Battle for Bilgewater is a joke of a plot point unless MF actually has someone competing with her for the title. If GP was dead for sure, MF would almost assuredly take over Bilgewater without incident - something that Riot is keen to avoid. It makes an awful lot more sense for GP to reemerge and compete with her for control, since that way Riot gets a strong rivalry between the two. Yes all very good points... everyone here reading this thread read this post once again.
: > [Graves] > > I nudge him. Chained back to back, it’s easy to hand the card off to T.F. without being seen. I can feel him hesitate as I pass it to him. > > “You two will make a meager tithe, but you’ll serve,” says Gangplank. “Give the Bearded Lady my regards.” > > With a wave to the crowd, Gangplank kicks the cannon over the side. It hits the dark water with a splash, and sinks fast. The chain on the deck spools out after it. > > [...] > > The cannon’s chain yanks me off my feet. I hit the deck hard, and grunt in pain. In an instant, I’m dragged over the edge of the boat. > > The cold water hits me, stealing my breath. > > Then I’m under, sinking fast, dragged down into the dark. > > [Fate] > > In an instant, I’m right behind Gangplank, ready to make my move. > > One of his crew spots me – he looks baffled, like he’s trying to figure out how I got there. While he thinks about it, I punch him square in the face. He collapses into a crowd of bewildered deckhands. They all turn on me with cutlasses drawn. Gangplank leads the attack, slashing straight at my throat. > > But I’m faster. In one deft move, I slide underneath the arcing steel and lift Gangplank’s prized silver dagger from his belt. Behind me, I hear cursing that could split the mast in two. Yeah, Gangplank is on the ship, he's the one to push them off. That's also how Twisted Fate manages to take the dagger again before going under water. Let's also not forget that he was parading them around, so a lot of people are there to see Gangplank kill the pair off. It's not like he does it in private, but right out in the open with an audience. Besides that, it's not like Fate and Graves spent more than a minute or two under water at best. They're still human, so the explosion happens very shortly after the two are already under water, probably at around the time they touched floor. Very unlikely that he would simply just get off within minutes of executing somebody, especially one with a marked notoriety for public displays of power. And he's still very human, or at the very least human-like. His last fight with a Noxian was one where he almost met his match, I'm hard-pressed to believe he's somehow immune to explosions. He's also unlikely to have much real help. Let's not forget he's a PIRATE, and has made MANY enemies, including the likes of Swain. I'm hard-pressed to believe anyone would want to save him if he were being attack by Razorfish, especially since, with him dead, someone else can take his place as "leader" of Bilgewater, in a sense. > [Fortune] > > All that remained of Gangplank’s ship was burning wreckage. The crew had been killed in the detonation, drowned in the chaos, or claimed by the swarming razorfish. > [Graves] > > Gangplank’s ship is gone. Bits of smoking debris are scattered all across the bay. Fiery islands of wood collapse all around, hissin’ as they go under. A flaming sail falls right in front of us, nearly dragging T.F. and me back down for good. Burning men desperately jump from smoldering pieces of wreckage into the water, quietin’ their own screams. It smells like the end of everything – sulfur and ash and death; cooked hair and melting skin. > > [...] > > Razorfish and even meaner sea critters are startin’ to gather around us. I ain’t about to be anything’s chow. I pull my feet away from the edge. > > A mangled crewman bobs to the surface, grabbin’ for our raft. I plant my boot in his face and shove him off. A fat tentacle wraps around his neck and drags him back under. Now the fish have something else to keep ’em busy. Effectively speaking, the likelihood of ANYONE surviving is nil. Everyone is either burned alive, ripped apart by the explosion that utterly destroys the ship, or is killed by all the ocean life. The last crewman Graves and Fate run into would've lived if he had managed to get on their raft. Without it, he's as good as dead, just like everyone else. And if you're going to operate on suppositions for your counter-argument, what exactly makes you think that he would survive with magic? There's no realistic evidence that says Gangplank was in possession of anything particularly special in his own dialogue, nor does anyone else note it, aside from the dagger Fate steals. He appears cunning, but brutish, and very unlikely to rely on magic, especially when he didn't suspect his ship to be destroyed by sabotage. Runeterra may be a "magical world", but it's very apparent that, as far as lore goes, that Gangplank doesn't really have any mastery over magic. Logic that dictates he survives when he's basically a human pirate without any sort of real magical prowess dictates he's dead.
> [{quoted}](name=AtrocityEyes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T07:08:45.095+0000) > > And he's still very human, or at the very least human-like. I'm hard-pressed to believe anyone would want to save him if he were being attack by Razorfish, especially since, with him dead, someone else can take his place as "leader" of Bilgewater, in a sense. No someone not of Bilgewater would do so. People have suggested Tahm Kench but it really could be anyone. Remember this lore is filled (or was) with tons of bad guys. > Effectively speaking, the likelihood of ANYONE surviving is nil. Everyone is either burned alive, ripped apart by the explosion that utterly destroys the ship, or is killed by all the ocean life. The last crewman Graves and Fate run into would've lived if he had managed to get on their raft. Without it, he's as good as dead, just like everyone else. > > And if you're going to operate on suppositions for your counter-argument, what exactly makes you think that he would survive with magic? We don't know who is on his ship, we don't know what kind of magical artifacts or pacts he has. Remember the lore even said that he had crew on board (who TF evaded for the attack). We don't know what they did thereafter. Or who is below decks at the time. GP may have "failsafe" plans in the event of these situations. He is evil after all... I would imagine he has minions. If someone of Legend of Legends champion pool was on his boat or nearby they could have assisted as well. > Runeterra may be a "magical world", but it's very apparent that, as far as lore goes, that Gangplank doesn't really have any mastery over magic. Logic that dictates he survives when he's basically a human pirate without any sort of real magical prowess dictates he's dead. Again simply because something exploded doesn't mean anything. MF/Graves are likely hyping the level of destruction. After all a ship is on the water... all you have to do to survive the initial explosion would to be simply get into the water. Remember these lines: >Gangplank taught her a harsh lesson: that no matter how safe you feel, your world – everything you’ve built, everything you care for - can be taken away in an instant. >**Gangplank’s one mistake was not making sure she was dead.** Her anger and her hate had sustained her through that first cold, painful night, and every night since. As like GP failed to make sure MF was dead... so is MF with GP "demise". Indeed it is so...
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T01:14:13.976+0000) > > LoL then how does a game called "League of Legends" justify it's existence lorewise if it doesn't exist anymore? > > If RIOT was to make LoL 2 and make it like a single player game without any LoL references then perhaps that logic could be justified. However being that RIOT Games==LoL... and you delete LoL.... well you can see the logic fallacy of that. > > Its like "Elder Scrolls" deleting "Elder Scrolls" from the Lore. Or "Guild Wars without the Guild Wars". > > > BTW for people who think "this is better"... there is nothing that to be said that any of these stories that RIOT claims could never happen b4 with previous lore couldn't happen... rather they simply would have extra dimensions to them. Act 4 for example of this event would be MF going into hiding from the League... or perhaps turning Bilgewater against the League and forming a rebellion. > > > YOu see? All good lore that has League in it. No need for RIot to be 12 year olds and whine their way out of this one. I didnt really see Riot whine like "12 year olds".
> [{quoted}](name=Dreamspitter,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2015-07-31T07:29:28.775+0000) > > I didnt really see Riot whine like "12 year olds". Uhm... every RIOT post responding to posts on STory/Art Forums (assuming the rare occusions)..
: 1. Institute of war and League of Legends isnt cannon anymore. 2. Did you read the description of the blast? It was huge, Graves said their wasent a single survivor. His whole ship blew up, and everyone on it was described as having either died instantly, or been set on fire/mutilated and died shortly after. If he survived it would be kind off corny, like, hes the only survivor? Badass as he is, he is still human, possessing no magical powers. There is no logical explanation as to how he could survive something like that.
> [{quoted}](name=NA Darklarik,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-07-31T07:37:29.759+0000) > > 1. Institute of war and League of Legends isnt cannon anymore. Yes I know supposedly... read my above posts. > 2. Did you read the description of the blast? It was huge, Graves said their wasent a single survivor. His whole ship blew up, and everyone on it was described as having either died instantly, or been set on fire/mutilated and died shortly after. > > If he survived it would be kind off corny, like, hes the only survivor? Badass as he is, he is still human, possessing no magical powers. There is no logical explanation as to how he could survive something like that. 1. Someone came in and ported him away? Last time I check plenty of magical abilities to do that 2. Or Flew Away 3. Or Swam Away Either case it is very likely given how GP just got rework that he is indeed alive Lorewise... and someone helped him escape no doubt.
: While i understand your points, the league and institute of war was completely retconned some months ago. The league no longer exists.
> [{quoted}](name=Dateline NBC,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c4NhEmkP,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T03:07:06.214+0000) > > While i understand your points, the league and institute of war was completely retconned some months ago. > > The league no longer exists. Yea I know... what I am getting at is that there wasn't a need to do this. ANd of course I stand my ground nonetheless... as far as I am concerned no retcon occurred. Or this game doesn't exist. Nor does Area 51. We are typing in shadows on this thread even now. League of Legends - League of Legends = 0
: This is the problem with taking League of Legends out of League of Legends. There was originally a League of Legends. If the IoW didn't exist in the first place, then the lore and the situation wouldn't have any kind of qualms whatsoever. In fact, this is the reality of the situation. If we started off with this iteration of Runeterra (post retcon with obviously more lore because it was around longer) then, Riot said, "Hey, we're retconning the lore and bringing in a new addition known as the Institute of War." Would that be better? Will it bring about better stories? Something moderately similar? Or would it seem worse because now you're involving something that never existed before because RETCONS!
> [{quoted}](name=Valaran Nara,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:58:39.222+0000) > > This is the problem with taking League of Legends out of League of Legends. > > There was originally a League of Legends. > > If the IoW didn't exist in the first place, then the lore and the situation wouldn't have any kind of qualms whatsoever. > > In fact, this is the reality of the situation. > > If we started off with this iteration of Runeterra (post retcon with obviously more lore because it was around longer) then, Riot said, "Hey, we're retconning the lore and bringing in a new addition known as the Institute of War." Would that be better? Will it bring about better stories? Something moderately similar? Or would it seem worse because now you're involving something that never existed before because RETCONS! Yea but what is ironic is that RIOT is deleting its entire game from Lore. This isn't like a MMORPG whereas a piece of the game is being removed. 100% of the game's revenue now comes from an entity that doesn't even supposedly exist it its own lore. Oh the Irony... alas I blame Ghostcrawler. Whenever he gets hired (first Blizzard, now RIOT) he destroys whatever he touches alas... Indeed it is so...
: Gangplank's death has not been confirmed. He may have had a bit of... help from a certain Cajun catfish.
> [{quoted}](name=Dateline NBC,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=c4NhEmkP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:34:29.762+0000) > > Gangplank's death has not been confirmed. > > He may have had a bit of... help from a certain Cajun catfish. [Yes however given how many downvotes my thread is starting to get](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/hLMtUQ4X-people-do-realize-gp-isnt-confirmed-dead-lorewise-right) I dont' think the community has figured this out nonetheless... ...need to get Brian Williams on the case.
: as if they´d actually kill a Champion (and disable him forever or what?)...
> [{quoted}](name=Don Eulrich,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:43:53.615+0000) > > as if they´d actually kill a Champion (and disable him forever or what?)... Well they "did delete all of the games lore" in 2014 so wouldn't put it past them alas... But yes... putting in a champion rework only to nuke him wouldn't make too much sense thereof.
: Gangplank is on his ship, in plain view of everyone. Miss Fortune blew up his ship. Then Riot posts [this](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205259120-7-29-2015-Gangplank-is-dead-and-has-been-disabled-in-all-queues-) But no, Gangplank isn't dead. /sarcasm
> [{quoted}](name=AtrocityEyes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:33:43.848+0000) > > Gangplank is on his ship, in plain view of everyone. > > Miss Fortune blew up his ship. > > Then Riot posts [this](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205259120-7-29-2015-Gangplank-is-dead-and-has-been-disabled-in-all-queues-) > > But no, Gangplank isn't dead. /sarcasm That RIOT post, as indicated on sites such as IGN, was a PR stunt to get people to "care" about LoL. Nothing more. However... If "League of Legends" (it's lore existence) was deleted by RIOT in a game called "League of Legends"... ...then his status in a League that no longer exists is irrelevant. Furthermore that post wasn't lore based in either sense. MF blew up the ship after the events occurred with TF. TF was in the process drowning at the time... time past and events occurred. We don't know if GP was on the ship when it exploded; nor even if he was, that doesn't prove he was killed by it. We don't know if GP got help in other words. Runeterra is magical world after all... logic that would kill him on Earth does not function here. So yes your logic is missing such thereof.
Decrit (EUW)
: > Aaa yes I do apologize seeing how you from EUW; if English isn't a first language. my posts may have come across hostile. Call it my fault, but yeah i understood them very very hostile :P sorry for misunderstanding ( and this is an apology i find worth to give!)
> [{quoted}](name=Decrit,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:24:06.795+0000) > > Call it my fault, but yeah i understood them very very hostile :P sorry for misunderstanding ( and this is an apology i find worth to give!) Ahh LoL yes as anyone here can tell my debate still is very forceful alas. Indeed although GP is suggested to be killed... given how GP got a Champion Rework/Skin updates right before the event it is logically unlikely they would kill him off lorewise simply as matter of course. And because the lore doesn't actually provide "proof of death" we are only to speculate. Alas time shall tell on the matter nonetheless... Indeed it is so...;
Sharjo (EUW)
: > Perhaps instead of licking RIOT's boots like a lapdog you could provide evidence as to why historical lore would "make Bilgewater event impossible" alas... Way to kill a conversation man. We could have reasonable discourse, but instead you stand stalwart and stubborn on your ground and denounce anything and everything that could question you. Also if you're gonna insult, just come out and swear and shit. You sound like a pretentious arse-wipe saying shit like "licking Riot's boots like a lapdog".
> [{quoted}](name=Sharjo,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:18:20.465+0000) > > Way to kill a conversation man. We could have reasonable discourse, but instead you stand stalwart and stubborn on your ground and denounce anything and everything that could question you. Also if you're gonna insult, just come out and swear and shit. You sound like a pretentious arse-wipe saying shit like "licking Riot's boots like a lapdog". Ahhh perhaps but that is assuming I haven't read any of your posts (and of a hostile naturethereof) before. Alas in interest of returning to civility as you fairly suggest it still is without evidence as to why LoL needed to be deleted for the Bilgewater event to be possible therefore.
Decrit (EUW)
: And i see nothing bad in that, it is true that is assumption and not proof. There is this thing called "suspension from reality", if i am right in english, that however does not work on the presence of proof - works by believing, because the writing medium has its limitation on what it can provide and because the whole point of reading is having an experience. But there is no proof on that, i agree.
> [{quoted}](name=Decrit,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:18:13.838+0000) > > And i see nothing bad in that, it is true that is assumption and not proof. > > There is this thing called "suspension from reality", if i am right in english, that however does not work on the presence of proof - works by believing, because the writing medium has its limitation on what it can provide and because the whole point of reading is having an experience. But there is no proof on that, i agree. Aaa yes I do apologize seeing how you from EUW; if English isn't a first language. my posts may have come across hostile. Yes the narrative does something to the effect you suggested however of course it is only the accounting of TF's actions... so it isn't concrete proof that stands by itself otherwise.
Decrit (EUW)
: Beeecause, and maybe let me say it **because, is not like veryone is truly thinking about him dead forever and ever, except somebody that falls from heaven. What do i mean is - you can think as he will survive, but it creates a strange experience where you acceot instead that he is dead. And then there is this thing, pardon my language wall - that can exist only for a bit of time, and i am living it. If you ar enot of the same boat i am fine, but at least avoid going full ballista and throwing shit to anyone thinks the opposite. And i do not need to give any apology for your rudedess.
> [{quoted}](name=Decrit,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-31T02:01:34.247+0000) > > Beeecause, and maybe let me say it **because, is not like veryone is truly thinking about him dead forever and ever, except somebody that falls from heaven. > > What do i mean is - you can think as he will survive, but it creates a strange experience where you acceot instead that he is dead. And then there is this thing, pardon my language wall - that can exist only for a bit of time, and i am living it. > > If you ar enot of the same boat i am fine, but at least avoid going full ballista and throwing shit to anyone thinks the opposite. And i do not need to give any apology for your rudedess. No what I am simply saying is that we don't know if his injuries that was inflicted to GP killed him or not. The community is "assuming this". However this is speculation and not proof. Because people here are "celebrating his death without proof" this is premature. Consider this a trail in criminal justice system. There isn't "proof beyond a responsible doubt"; nor any proof, that GP is actually dead.
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheGrandAlliance,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-07-31T01:03:02.944+0000) > > The lore page for Act 3 describes GP being pulled down underwater by weight of a cannon and GP's last thoughts to himself but it doesn't actually prove nor demonstrate "he is dead". The one pulled down by a cannon is Twisted Fate, not Gangplank, lol.
> [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hLMtUQ4X,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-31T01:47:00.517+0000) > > The one pulled down by a cannon is Twisted Fate, not Gangplank, lol. Yes upon rereading I do stand corrected. However false my interpretation of this part was my original post stands: >The pressure builds, and then I shift. >In an instant, I’m right behind Gangplank, ready to make my move. >One of his crew spots me – he looks baffled, like he’s trying to figure out how I got there. While he thinks about it, I punch him square in the face. He collapses into a crowd of bewildered deckhands. They all turn on me with cutlasses drawn. Gangplank leads the attack, slashing straight at my throat. >But I’m faster. In one deft move, I slide underneath the arcing steel and lift Gangplank’s prized silver dagger from his belt. Behind me, I hear cursing that could split the mast in two. This last part is only reference of combat. It doesn't indicate the severity of the injuries. "Cursing that could split the mast in two" is the only reference that GP supposedly got injured... not that he is dead. >I leap to the deck, stowing the dagger in my britches as the end of the chain tears toward the edge of the ship. I stretch and grab the last steel link just before it disappears overboard. He leaves (gets pulled down) without knowing what happened thereafter. Yes I appreciate the correction NemeBro... however it is even more clear that GP isn't dead because if he isn't one who got "caught up in the chains" and is trapped underwater, which how I first interrupted it, then indeed he is still around somewhere.
Show more

TheGrandAlliance

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion