: If you did nothing wrong you wouldnt get punished. Multiple reports do the same as single ones.
: So which is it then? Are you going to take a stance that LP matters more than just a number on your account, which would consequently mean the afk also lose something important since they are guaranteed to lose LP because of their leave. Or are you going to take the stance that LP isn't worth much so the person isn't greatly affected by the afk beyond the experience of the current game?
Lmao,YOU TELL ME.**you** are the one that made the comment about numbers,why do you get to ask me that question? Explain why you said it in the first place in your comment... You contradicted yourself
: Yikes guess the downvote speaks for itself {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: > Its clear you didn't even have an argument It's clear that you didn't look at the rest of the post, so I'll do the same for yours.
You litteraly said "its just a number" and by that logic the afker losing lp too dosent matter because its just a number...
Dat Kat (EUW)
: I don't understand what exactly are you on about. Like, do you want to receive a punishment or something? Do you think you deserve a punishment so much that you're seeking our opinions? Honestly, nobody cares. xD Just play and you know whether you're being toxic or not. Even if you get shit load of reports, it won't mean a thing if you were never toxic.
??? The point of his post was to ask people to identify why or if he should have been punished. Are you new to player behavior or something?
: It's a number. They lost LP as well (and are guaranteed to lose LP regardless of the team winning or not). You act as if they were able to afk without consequence.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4vv1BZWV,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-30T21:09:35.647+0000) > > It's a number. Just wtf kind of response is that?? Its clear you didn't even have an argument,if your answers is "it's a number". Ok then flame is also just words therefore shouldn't be bannable
Chermorg (NA)
: Because players play to have fun, which isn't contingent on winning or losing, but is contingent on people not being jerks. This topic was thoroughly explained to you in your last thread from earlier - making a new thread isn't going to change anything. You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make you right.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4vv1BZWV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-30T21:01:07.196+0000) > > You don't have to agree, but that doesn't make you right. Can't this be said to you also??
sayco123 (NA)
: You can AFK as many times as you want in ranked, but the minute you're negative, bye bye.
Unfortunetly dude I don't think your going to keep this thread because it is considered as "spam" and might soon get deleted/locked by a moderator or adviser
: Please review this ban, i truly believe i am not in the wrong!
> [{quoted}](name=TheCraterEffect,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IsntV0t9,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-30T20:46:10.594+0000) > > > TheCraterEffect: Cry > TheCraterEffect: cry > TheCraterEffect: cry > TheCraterEffect: report liss > TheCraterEffect: i dont heal trolls > TheCraterEffect: You were never doing well > TheCraterEffect: your garbo > TheCraterEffect: 6 deaths > TheCraterEffect: 6 deaths > TheCraterEffect: 6 deaths > TheCraterEffect: with 6 deaths > TheCraterEffect: and she inted > TheCraterEffect: u cant support someone with 7 deaths claiming to be the best > TheCraterEffect: y i k e s > TheCraterEffect: Double digit deaths from my mid laner? That's why you got banned probably.
: Should I play to get better, or to have fun?
In ranked play to get better.in normals play to have fun
: Really? Again? What does that make everyone else?
: Leaving penalty
You will still get a leaving penalty. Riot dosent care *why* or *how* you afk,they care that you afked in the first place
: ***
Remove the "kys" or your going to get your post removed. Not that i agree with those rules,but just giving you advice so your post won't get removed.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: It's not the jungler's job to win you your lane. It's their job to put map pressure and have objective control. Someone going out of their way to try to bring you back into the game when they themselves aren't necessarily ahead is cause for thanks, not the kind of idle 'lul rito wont ban me' sh*t-talking I got.
Except they don't need my thanks,this is a game not social media
: When you're behind, and a jungler ganks for you...
I'm not saying thank you just because he's doing minimum of what a jungler is sopos to do lmao.
: Sorry I'll remove the name, didn't realize you protected toxic players. Maybe you should start weeding them out of your community instead of helping them hide. Which brings up another question, why cant we just submit recorded gameplay? Literal proof of players being toxic. Even noticed in the "replay" options of gameplay you omit the game chat? Literally destroying evidence, sounds like justice to me. As far as my friend goes I think he is pretty sick of your community, it shouldn't have even come close to happening in the first place. But time and time again Riot fails, uninstalling the game works far better than expecting them to fix the community.
I mean really I can just look in your match history and see who your talking about.
: anything to start an argument huh? sad
: lol like he needs the validation of a known troll
How im I a troll? And he dosent need validation,I simply won't care for his comment if he's not going to bring a reasonable argument.
: Or maybe dont go into a 5v5 match and expect the whole team (on both sides) to put the entire match on hold while you and your 1v1 partner have your little ego-inflating pissing contest. You sign onto Summoners rift to play a 5v5 match, Not You and 4 witnesses to your glory. Take that ego stroking shit out of SR. You want to set up a private 1v1, go ahead. But dont expect the other 8 people to put everything on hold so you can inflate your ego a bit more.
Jesus Christ.obviously he was talking about custom 1v1 not SR.
: Perm banned...
{{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}}
: No, they will not change it and it isn't unfair, because toxic players need to learn the consequences of their words. It's unfair for players having to tolerate any of these toxicity or ruined game experiences. And these players should know, that other people are not there for them to torture for their own amusement or their own lack of empathy, compassion, or self-control. We're all equal, we all agreed to the same terms, and we're all abiding by it to remain in Riot's service. Toxic players should learn and be aware that there are consequences for their ignorance. We're here to have fun, but not by other players expense. No, Riot should not, and they will certainly make it more strict if they do change it.
: Im still trying to figure out what you said that was toxic. Outside of you saying "I wish I had a team" (which can be perceived as an indirect insult to the ability of your teammates but it could also be for reasons that they cannot control, like a poor team comp that is based around splitpushing with a weird mix of group fight , peel reliant champs) All you did was list constructive reasons why your team was losing and trying to deflect flame from a double standard that was apparent to you... You never said the vayne player was bad, you never insulted anyone`s skill level, you only questioned how plat elo is achievable without proper knowledge on rotating and how to apply that knowledge in the form of combating the enemy team`s map pressure.
: You would get better support on reddit. These boards are flooded with people who have significant prejudice and even prefer to put down the people who are in the position that you are in. Just look at Chermorg, even he cant even hold back from putting you down based on your "personal behavior" when all you did was try to imply the importance of knowing how to rotate to your team.
yeah, pretty ironic that the player behavior section is a pretty toxic environment. as soon as they know your toxic your setting yourself up to be crucified lmao.
Aneirin (OCE)
: No, we say that not everyone who feeds does it intentionally. The ones that DO deserve punishments.
: Jesus christ you are playing a game not typing an essay. Under no circumstances should you find the need to type more than 5 times.
thats very ignorant dude.in ranked people type a lot for communication, and typing a lot is not bad or punishable.
: Frustration with Teammates does not necessarily equal toxicity (Permabanned plat 1 player)
you said the games over, thats the only thing i can think of that warranted a perma ban. but keep in mind that after a 14 day ban next punishment is a perma ban,and that means that *any* toxic thing you say could get you banned. RIP dude
zPOOPz (NA)
: Same way you deal with people feeding in ARAM or Summoner Rift or TT or Dominion (RIP). You report them after game and maybe mute them as well.
so the player behavior boards say feeders are just bad players and bad players shouldnt be punished, *now* your saying feeders deserve punishments? make up your mind lmao.
: I'm confused. You say that words have no power, and then here you are using them to try to encourage someone.
words have no power unless you let it have power. see the op could easily ignore my whole comment, but my comment is pretty positive so i dont think hes going to do that.
Chermorg (NA)
: Yes. The driver who was hit by the drunk/distracted driver is the problem. Not the one violating rules. They need to just get over it, accidents happen, right? The bank that had money stolen should just get over it, right? Even if they catch the guy, it was only a few dollars. The people running the bar need to just get over people leaving without paying. It's not their responsibility to pay before they go, and the police have better things to do than arrest someone for theft. Who cares that it's against the rules, they should just get over it. The victims **never** have to change their attitude. Period. Full stop. End of story.
all of those cannot be compared with flaming so i dont know wtf your talking about. come back with an actual argument, then i might take you seriously.
: yeah i felt "not to great" cause at the time, i let it get to me. US as a nation sucks and gets laughed at by the rest of the world because we all have the mindset that "its not our problem it's theirs." And I would agree with your analogy but I'm not using armor, I'm taking away the only power words have, which is not letting them get to me. A physical kick cant be taken its effectiveness away without armor.
i like you already. people need to stop getting offended by random strangers online,that's a pretty bad mental to keep. love your post, and stay strong man :)
Aneirin (OCE)
: You could apply the same logic to anything else in life, including getting chat restricted or banned. Maybe those people should just not allow it to bother them? Or maybe they should choose not to be bothered by losing games? Maybe they shouldn't allow trolls to wind them up? Why expect the victims to change their attitude instead of the antagonists?
because the antagonists dont need to change their attitude, if the victims did
: You noticed that you felt "not too great" during your insult battles, and that was with friends. What makes you think that insult battles with strangers would feel better, or would be constructive to have *during* games. Once upon a time, it was socially acceptable to kick people in the balls. It happened a lot. The short term solution was wearing codpieces, actual physical armor, to protect yourself. The long term solution was to make it socially unacceptable to kick people in the balls. Armor is mildly uncomfortable to wear, mildly inconvenient to maintain, mildly costly to purchase, mildly time-consuming to put on and take off, and does not provide complete protection. It seems better to me to not need it. You didn't enjoy the process of creating your "armor" with your friends, and the phrase "nothing anyone could say could get to me" sounds very sad and lonely. Would you like to go back to being required to wear a codpiece? I suppose I'll be the first to volunteer to kick you in the balls, if that's what you want.
muting provides complete protection
: > But there are greatly more people on the hive mind that toxicity is bad,than there are people on the hive mind that toxicity is okay. So their downvotes are going to make much larger of an impact. Isn't it a bit ironic that you say this, and then immediately try to shut down an argument that _this very statement_ backs up? > Regardless, I think the general consensus is that nobody wants people being toxic to other people... (my argument) > --- > That's your opinion,you don't know how others feel. (your rebuttal) To start with, I didn't say that I know for absolute certainty how other people feel. I said that I _think_ that the majority of people don't like toxicity - which, clearly, considering that apparently there are more people who dislike toxicity than those who like toxicity...That's not an opinion. > Thsts different discussion for a different thread.stay on topic. I am on topic. I am simply addressing a reasonable argument for toxicity, and providing a counterargument based on the supposed general consensus of the playerbase. My point being; _Most people don't like toxicity._ > It's not valid.if you disagree with someone simply don't upvote their post. So, is using a hard-case multitool as a hammer not valid, because it wasn't designed specifically as a hammer, _even though it totally works as one_? Is using _Frozen Mallet_ on Yasuo not valid, because he wasn't designed specifically to use tank/bruiser items, and tank/bruiser items weren't specifically designed to be used by skirmishers? Because things can be used for more than just the explicit design. Upvotes and downvotes are reasonably versatile. You haven't provided a reasonable argument against upvotes/downvotes being used to show agreement/disagreement besides "well Riot didn't say they're used for that, did they?" > just look in gameplay+,mods decided to block downvotes because it was deconstructive. Gameplay+ also has posts curated by the forum moderators to ensure that every post has solid discussion value and minimal (if any) overlap with other existing discussions. There's no reason for Gameplay+ to have upvotes or downvotes, because all of the discussions there will be of good quality and value, and the Moderators want to drive active discussion with those threads - meaning people who disagree or agree will have to post to show their agreement/disagreement. Gameplay+ isn't a good argument. > You got me there,but isn't it better to _not_ downvote at all if your not sure what its used for? No? People will ascribe their own use to a thing. Multiple people can ascribe a variety of uses to a thing, and people can also use a thing for multiple reasons at once. If you don't want to downvote, don't downvote. If you don't use downvotes/upvotes to show your disagreement, you do you. Everyone else, though, can use downvotes/upvotes how they please - the two uses I described (agreement/disagreement and raising/lowering posts of various quality) are the biggest two uses people have.
I edited my comment,it looks like you replied late
: > Unfair dosent mean justified. Unfair means that they don't think getting punished for toxicity is fair. It is justified because its riot's rules,but rules can be unfair. So, is it unfair for Riot to ask people not to be a dick to other people? > The hive mind is,"TOXICITY IS BAD FUCK ALL TOXIC PLAYERS". Basically if anyone disagrees,they get downvoted to hell.even if you have a reasonable argument you will get stoned as long as you don't think toxicity is bad from the get go. > > Yeah,not talking about the IFS,or anything your currently thinking. Well, I may have been wrong with my assumption as to what you meant by "hive mind", but I wasn't wrong about there being a hive mind on both sides. There are plenty of people who will ignore any reasonable argument and try to vaunt toxicity as a welcome thing, just as there are people who will do the same on the non-toxic side. Regardless, I think the general consensus is that nobody wants people being toxic to other people - if they gotta vent, they can do it outside of the game, but they shouldn't pour their focus and energy into berating and attacking others. > No they are not.unless you show me a rioter confirming that statement. I'm doubtful I could find a Rioter comment backing my statement, but it is a generally reasonable use for upvotes and downvotes. And it's a valid one - regardless of the explicit design intent. Still, I find it odd you ask me for a Riot comment confirming that upvotes/downvotes can be used to agree/disagree with posts/comments when you made the first claim of: > they are for removing post that break the rules,like being disrespectful,posting sexual content etc. With no evidence of your own. Do _you_ have a Riot comment confirming that statement? > Except no one downvotes for the reasons you said.they outright downvote any opinion they disagree with. There are a fair number of posts that get downvoted due to lack of discussion value. Whether the OP decides that their opinion is the only valid opinion, or they shoot down anyone who isn't Riot, or that their post just literally leaves no room for actual discussion - those kinds of posts get downvoted just as much as those with opinions that people commonly disagree with. You can't simply say "No one does this" when there are hundreds of threads and players with different reasons for downvoting/upvoting. Unless you're speaking in hyperbole. In which case......Why?
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oFRVWlvj,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T22:10:52.588+0000) > > So, is it unfair for Riot to ask people not to be a dick to other people? I'm not making an argument because you are going to disagree regardless,but my point is *they* think that its unfair. > Well, I may have been wrong with my assumption as to what you meant by "hive mind", but I wasn't wrong about there being a hive mind on both sides. There are plenty of people who will ignore any reasonable argument and try to vaunt toxicity as a welcome thing, just as there are people who will do the same on the non-toxic side. But there are greatly more people on the hive mind that toxicity is bad,than there are people on the hive mind that toxicity is okay. So *their* downvotes are going to make much larger of an impact. > Regardless, I think the general consensus is that nobody wants people being toxic to other people Cool,but they don't need to downvote every post that disregards that opinion. > if they gotta vent, they can do it outside of the game, but they shouldn't pour their focus and energy into berating and attacking others. That's a different discussion for a different thread.stay on topic. > I'm doubtful I could find a Rioter comment backing my statement, but it is a generally reasonable use for upvotes and downvotes. And it's a valid one - regardless of the explicit design intent. It's not valid.if you disagree with someone simply don't upvote their post.just look in gameplay+,mods decided to block downvotes because it was deconstructive. > Still, I find it odd you ask me for a Riot comment confirming that upvotes/downvotes can be used to agree/disagree with posts/comments when you made the first claim of: > > With no evidence of your own. Do _you_ have a Riot comment confirming that statement? You got me there,but isn't it better to *not* downvote at all if your not sure what its used for? > You can't simply say "No one does this" when there are hundreds of threads and players with different reasons for downvoting/upvoting. I see more of the latter than former.
: > its been this way in this board section. anyone that post about getting punished,or disagrees with the hive mind that toxicity is bad,they get downvoted to hell. Typically, I've only really seen people get downvoted when they post about getting punished and claim that the punishment was unfair, when their logs and behavioral history prove otherwise. As for disagreeing with the "hive mind" - do you mean people who claim that the IFS works in ways that we _know_ it doesn't? Or those who disagree with how the systems in general work, despite there being valid reason to keep the systems as they are? 'Cause there's as much a hivemind on the side _against_ the IFS as there is on the side that's _for_ it. > The thing is that's not what downvotes are for.they are for removing post that break the rules,like being disrespectful,posting sexual content etc. Its not a "I disagree" button. Actually, it is. Upvotes and downvotes are meant to show agreement/disagreement, as well as uplift posts with valuable discussion/good content up to higher visibility, and push posts with poor discussion/poor/lax content down to obscurity. The tool that _is_ supposed to be used to remove posts that break the rules is _the Report Feature_.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oFRVWlvj,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T21:40:17.202+0000) > > Typically, I've only really seen people get downvoting when they post about getting punished and claim that the punishment was unfair, when their logs and behavioral history prove otherwise. Unfair dosent mean justified. Unfair means that they don't think getting punished for toxicity is fair. It *is* justified because its riot's rules,but rules can be unfair. > As for disagreeing with the "hive mind" - do you mean people who claim that the IFS works in ways that we _know_ it doesn't? Or those who disagree with how the systems in general work, despite there being valid reason to keep the systems as they are? The hive mind is,"TOXICITY IS BAD FUCK ALL TOXIC PLAYERS". Basically if *anyone* disagrees,they get downvoted to hell.even if you have a reasonable argument you will get stoned as long as you don't think toxicity is bad from the get go. > 'Cause there's as much a hivemind on the side _against_ the IFS as there is on the side that's _for_ it. Yeah,not talking about the IFS,or anything your currently thinking. > Actually, it is. Upvotes and downvotes are meant to show agreement/disagreement, No they are not.unless you show me a rioter confirming that statement. > as well as uplift posts with valuable discussion/good content up to higher visibility, and push posts with poor discussion/poor/lax content down to obscurity. Except no one downvotes for the reasons you said.they outright downvote any opinion they disagree with.
: the problem with downvotes on this sub-board.
Your right lmao. its been this way in this board section. *anyone* that post about getting punished,or disagrees with the hive mind that toxicity is bad,they get downvoted to hell. The thing is that's *not* what downvotes are for.they are for removing post that break the rules,like being disrespectful,posting sexual content etc. Its not a "I disagree" button. Its litteraly going to be a gigantic hive mind,until a moderator does something about downvotes in here.
Jo0o (NA)
: But you say the same stuff in every thread, knowing that nobody on these boards agrees with it, and that it'll actively piss people off to say. Look, you can tell us. It's 2018, kinkshaming is a thing of the past. Go out there and get some.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YigIwuor,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T21:14:52.106+0000) > > But you say the same stuff in every thread, So what? others do the same thing to people that post about getting punished. > knowing that nobody on these boards agrees with it, I don't know that,and I can't know that. > and that it'll actively piss people off to say. If litteraly posting my opinion pisses them off,*then why the fuck are they in an forum in the first place*!?
Jo0o (NA)
: Is getting excessively downvoted some sort of sexual turn-on for you?
No?I just don't care about downvotes.people downvote me in every post because I have a different opinion they don't like.the reason why i don't care is that that's not what the downvote system is for.its not a "I disagree" button,its for removing certain post because they broke the rules. So if people are downvoting me wrongly,then why would i care? I mean lmao,its probably a sexual turn on for them ,to downvote me at this point.
: Why Do I Get Flamed By Feeding Teammates While In Game?
Flaming is ok,because there's nothing bad about it.
: Most people are not pro-sensitivity. If you think that they _only_ want to protect precious little snowflakes then you haven't learned a damn thing from all your time spent here on the boards. People don't like toxicity. It was never about "protecting sensitivity." You hurt your own argument when you generalize most of the people who oppose you with such a simple strawman claim.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HtAA3fyK,comment-id=000300020001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T20:28:27.557+0000) > > Most people are not pro-sensitivity. Some are,really > If you think that they _only_ want to protect precious little snowflakes then you haven't learned a damn thing from all your time spent here on the boards. Wanting flaming banned is essentialy protecting little snowflakes. > People don't like toxicity. It was never about "protecting sensitivity." I know that. > You hurt your own argument when you generalize most of the people who oppose you with such a simple strawman claim. My bad I guess.
Kei143 (NA)
: I see asking for reports, defeatist attitude, accusations of others inting. Can't be bothered to read more. Typical yasuo.
Steriotyping is toxic lmao
: > [{quoted}](name=TheKingOfBiches,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HtAA3fyK,comment-id=00030003000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T19:50:42.268+0000) > > LMAO Yes, you lack basic human empathy, we know.
No,its the fact that you are hilariously wrong
: Don't be stupid. I don't defend sensitivity. All the time I tell people they should mute those who offend them. After all this time you still fail to understand my perspective and arguments. You still mischaracterize them and think I only care about the snowflakes of the world. Well check yourself, because you're dead wrong. I'm **not** pro-sensitivity, I **am** anti-toxicity.
I wasn't talking about you,was talking about like 90% of the people in this thread,and the others that lurk in player behaviour.
: The act of _defending insults as a viable way to behave_ is unreasonable.
I can do this to:*the act of defending sensitivity* is unreasonable. See here? I already know your going to disagree lol,but that's just it.thats *your* opinion,and I have *mine*. I thought he was being reasonable,because of my own reasons,and that's all that matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=Phoenixdust,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HtAA3fyK,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2018-08-29T13:13:53.400+0000) > > Why does nobody empathizes with the flamers? :D > > They usually have a reason to flame, yet the whole community bashes them like "meh, grabage flamers, not even a human being". It's nice to feel empathy for the "victims" of flaming, but what about the flamers? Or you decide who deserves empathy and who doesn't? > > Everybody asks to be tolerant with the trolls, yet who will be tolerant with the flamers? Just wondering.... There is tolerance for the flamers. There are several warning systems in place to tell them to change their ways. No. We shouldn't tolerate verbal abuse. I have empathy for them. I understand that a lack of control and egotism make them flame. I used to be like that myself. That is the definition of empathy. They have to change, and they have to want to change. That's the punishment system. If we had infinite money and time, there would be a coaching system and therapy to help them understand why their attitude is unwanted and how it harms themselves and others.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HtAA3fyK,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T15:02:37.960+0000) > > it harms themselves and others. LMAO
: > [{quoted}](name=TheKingOfBiches,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HtAA3fyK,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-08-29T11:02:43.438+0000) > > Glad to see there are reasonable people out there. Calling that commenter reasonable for defending insults as a viable way to behave? That is your opinion, it is far from factual.
just because you disagree dosnt mean he wasn't reasonable lmao.
Jobriq (NA)
: Biggest snowball ever
They should make one for aurelion sol for his Q
SpecialGijo (EUNE)
: Bruh this shizzle wack why did i get banned when there is so much cancerous shit in this game
Your fucking hilarious lmao.I prefer your type of flame rather than the cringy passive aggressive flame.
Uriel (EUW)
: How did this disgusting act become a trend in just a few hours?
People act like toddlers *every time* there's a new champion/rework in the first few weeks.you just have to deal with it unfortunately,and make sure your reporting the troll behavior
Show more

TheKingOfBiches

Level 21 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion