: > [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=000100010000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T19:28:31.564+0000) > > I just recommend you to read my message that is about why I think they are a thing together: > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/O7NAXjBs-aside-from-varus-as-lgtbq-representation-here-are-some-other-champions-that-could-serve?comment=0008000000000000 > > This should explain everything and that I don't ship them for nothing. Heck, I didn't even care about them before Burning Tides. And, like more original comment, just because two people are friends, comrades, work partners, etc. does not mean they're romantically involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=00010001000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:21:51.173+0000) > > You can be only that dull and blind. I literally gave you rioter messages, and you say they are in the same level of Jarvan and Garen? You are trolling right now. There is no way someone can be that in denial. > > I at least have arguments on why I think they are together. You give no fucking shit except saying "2 men can be close without romantic love." I don't even know why I am arguing with a bigot homophobe that doesn't even have arguments at all. > > Remember me when they confirm they are together. At this point, you can lose your mind, or quit the game. I don't care. your reasoning is entirely speculation with no evidence. you assume two men being best friends who will protect each other means they gay, not just close friends (by your logic, real life soldiers would be gay due to their experiences. the day they are confirmed gay is the day we see Riot give up on quality and take up pandering and tokenism
ChunLii (NA)
: Aside, from Varus as LGTBQ+ representation, here are some other champions that could serve.
let me just get this out of the way. I'm a Catholic and personally I think the practice is a sin, so whether you think I'm biased or not, just let me state my opinion. I've never understood that, at least in the US, every character who is good friends with another of the same gender MUST be gay. I don't understand why so many characters must be defined by whether they are straight or not. why even make a character at all when it's just a walking "HELLO IM GAY" or dissolving the very idea of friendship/brotherhood/sisterhood. it takes away from the the story and the characters themselves. as one other has stated, this is why some people just plain dont like Rakan (I personally like his more philosophical quotes, but I can easily see how his constant "Xayah Xayah" and being a ladies man can get annoying.) also the reason people dont like that the majority of Neeko's lines are just flirting or being grossed out by guys. she has a lot more potential with her curiosity contrasting with her tragic backstory. lastly, it's always seemed odd to me that despite species like humans breeding like normal humans, none no matter the culture are uncomfortable with gay characters. it's just unrealistic that everyone (especially some like Gangplank) would act normal around it (to be clear, I mean in most media. no matter the time period or setting it is treated normally. it also goes both ways, I dont see why people like urgot, fortune, or a good amount of Frejlordians would give a shit about sexuality. in the end, if you make a character gay, just dont make that the center of their character. different cultures should act differently (like vastayans likely would not care at all, but demacia, noxus, and Piltover will all have differing opinions). the character. make the characters have something more, like Fiora or even the people that make up Varus (while I liked the idea of it being a father and son having fused, the two guys resisting control have a lot of potential, seeing the destruction they cause through Varus eyes, one man struggling to not give in and the other desperately trying to convince his lover not to give in to hate.
Rynnx (EUW)
: In the terms of "two-voices-one-body" you're talking about, something I always though would be interesting in a Champion was if they had a different set of voice lines for when playing them, and playing _with_ them. Kind of like with Sona, how you can only hear her voice when actually playing as her. But instead of other people only hearing melodies, they would actually hear a different voice (Pantheon's), while the person _playing_ Pantheon would hear _two_ voices (Pantheon's and Atreus'). But this is more something I had hoped they would do with Varus; when playing _with_ or _against_ Varus, you only hear the Darkin. But when playing _as_ Varus, you hear the Darkin, Valmar and Kai. I've always like the whole idea of a voice that only the player can hear, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense with Sona anymore, since the whole "Summoner" thing has been retconned.
> [{quoted}](name=Rynnx,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EIABEY6Q,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-18T16:43:23.540+0000) > > In the terms of "two-voices-one-body" you're talking about, something I always though would be interesting in a Champion was if they had a different set of voice lines for when playing them, and playing _with_ them. Kind of like with Sona, how you can only hear her voice when actually playing as her. > > But instead of other people only hearing melodies, they would actually hear a different voice (Pantheon's), while the person _playing_ Pantheon would hear _two_ voices (Pantheon's and Atreus'). > > But this is more something I had hoped they would do with Varus; when playing _with_ or _against_ Varus, you only hear the Darkin. But when playing _as_ Varus, you hear the Darkin, Valmar and Kai. > > I've always like the whole idea of a voice that only the player can hear, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense with Sona anymore, since the whole "Summoner" thing has been retconned. that would be a great idea for Varus VO update. thanks for sharing your idea man!
Lordk0z (NA)
: A weird thing I noticed
it was stated by a Rioter that the quote is a sorta Ur-form of the three principles. they happen to just be more absolute in their meaning, befitting Mordekaiser
: PROJECT Pyke VO vs. Pyke VO
well I think that shows a slight difference in character. PROJECT Pyke is at least somewhat aware due to fighting with the other rebels and resisting the cybernetics. OG pyke is different in that he has wholeheartedly embraced what he is. his mind is not only damaged, but influenced by the Jaulfish. his lines are more like the iconic "you look familiar" quote he says. its him trapped in a cycle he believes he is in control of. (I will say I wish they incorporated of these sorta lines, maybe stuff like "You watched me die", "you were on that ship" and "so many murderers, gotta kill them all") EDIT: I see nothing wrong with you liking PROJECT Pyke VO more. while we obviously have different interpretations of his broken mind, they have their pluses. OG Pyke really hones in on the tragedy, while PROJECT has a thin ray of hope, showing that a small part of him resists, no matter how sub consciously.
: This just let me place why I like WW so much, reminds me of ice king. Thanks.
> [{quoted}](name=crippler38,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Jqign3h0,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-17T19:51:33.100+0000) > > This just let me place why I like WW so much, reminds me of ice king. > > Thanks. you're welcome. and good taste sir
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: I think the speculation was also that they are from Ixtal, given the background and the symbols of the new nation on the walls.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kAzK7may,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T15:58:01.293+0000) > > I think the speculation was also that they are from Ixtal, given the background and the symbols of the new nation on the walls. gonna be honest. please for God sake dont be Senna
: What Do You Think Makes a Champion's Theme Fitting and Good?
I guess I'll state why I like Kled's the theme for Kled is very aggressive and fits that of a violent yordle of glorious violence, the heavy brass really clues you in on how Kled is ready to kill you. the more subdued portion represents Skaarl, cowardly in nature and practicing restraint. when the music blows up after a build up, I can only imagine that's Kled and Skaarl CHAAAARRRGGIIINNNGGGG into enemy lines. and lastly, the bajo is perfect in conveying the just not same nature of Kled. Yorick's theme perfectly conveys the horror and isolation he faces. the singing makes me think of Yorick treading through the horrid isles, alone and constantly resisting the maiden and her seductions of power. the climax is Yorick bringing out all his power, raising the dead in droves to take down all that stand in his way. not only does this show his resolve, but that he himself is just horrifying as the other Shadow Isles champs. Finally, Warwick. I have not heard of this in a while, but I'll try. the music is extremely aggressive, but more importantly, inevitable. the Howler will hunt you down and kill you, and he will do so savagely and with no remorse. he is the beast that hunts down human monsters, but he is no better himself.
: Absolutely not. Canonically, no matter what universe she's in, she's heroic. The idea of Akali being a backstabber does not sit well with me.
> [{quoted}](name=IlyaK1986,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pgsMgYaH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:22:14.608+0000) > > Absolutely not. Canonically, no matter what universe she's in, she's heroic. The idea of Akali being a backstabber does not sit well with me. well she did turn her back on the Kinkou, and skins tend to twist things. for example, Hecarim is a good guy in the Elderwood line, and so is Vel'koz in Arclight (in fact THE big good)
: Two sisters and a wolf [Lore theory about Jinx, Vi, and Warwick]
I think it would do a lot if this theory is true, and I hope the Warwick encounter with young Vi and Jinx (and later older Vi) turn out to be true. with Jinx, we know the reason her skin is so pale is because it's a powder drug. everything appears brighter and such. the idea that she may have killed people in the destruction of a building would be her breaking point that caused this edition. the idea that Camille had to do with anything connects to Jinx's hate for piltover. Piltover had taken away her happiness, and now that hate is what guides her (and the drugs and destruction distract her from feeling bored, but bored as in "incredibly broken and depressed". also I believe Ekko used to be friends with Jinx till "she went crazy". and we should not Jinx seems to remember Vi as for Warwick, I really love this further tragedy to his character. what makes his character great is that the more backstory we get, the sadder his current state becomes. there's the possibility he may have actually HELPED somebody become a good person, and yet he probably does not even remember doing so. and then there is Jinx, an innocent girl turned into a maniac that he contributed. that would be horrible to remember, and that's why he has that line. now Vi, while I'm the least interested in, has good story potential. she can now see that Jinx is her sister that she inadvertently left behind, and maybe understand she is more than just some crazy woman. she could realize who Warwick is, that this used to be the man who helped her become who she is today. it could all play into her feeling some guilt that isnt her fault (sorta something like survivor's guilt, which to point out, is an absolutely horrible mental condition that effects survivors thinking they should've been killed instead of someone else) one more thing I have to say about Warwick, whether he sees Jinx or Vi, it should be a tear breaking and PAINFUL moment. he could see VI, and after enough encounters or certain interaction, have enough clarity, clarity that would possibly open up his human side just a little bit. he would realise he did something good, he rescued someone from a life he had lived. we know he considers the man he was dead and saw that man as unforgivable. with Vi, he may learn that who he was did do good, and help him ever so slightly regain sanity. the heartbreaker would be when he sinks back into savagery, only having a slightly bigger chance of becoming who he was due to accepting the man and not the beast. if he fully remembers Jinx, absolute guilt would fill him. he did not kill the girl like he thought, he made her a monster like he is today, and he may sink into savagery before saying, almost like a growling whimper "please, dont let me define you" or howl "DONT BE LIKE ME".
: I would say this is far from that. It isn't that different from regular Warwick, just with his human head in tact. In the description of what was done to him it was horrible modifications to his human body, not much different here. This isn't just some guy in a suit. This is more like the ICONIC Beauty and the Beast Unit from Metal Gear, which are much more horrifying. So I don't understand with you saying a mecha doom wolf is much cooler than this when it really isn't much different in concept than regular Warwick ..... he still has a wolf head and body
> [{quoted}](name=LeafyGreen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HiYpQwXL,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-16T22:17:34.157+0000) > > I would say this is far from that. It isn't that different from regular Warwick, just with his human head in tact. In the description of what was done to him it was horrible modifications to his human body, not much different here. This isn't just some guy in a suit. This is more like the ICONIC Beauty and the Beast Unit from Metal Gear, which are much more horrifying. So I don't understand with you saying a mecha doom wolf is much cooler than this when it really isn't much different in concept than regular Warwick ..... he still has a wolf head and body you sir have good taste in games. God those guys were cool
Bòragar (NA)
: Riot is showing blatant sexism towards men with their Prestige Skins.
: Is Project Jinx...
she looks like she belongs to that gamer zoe skin universe to be honest
Falrein (EUW)
: I myself am more looking for the beauties of a landscape, combined with some highly magical stuff so I'd be more attracted to Ionia and Targon yeah :p Although of course, if I had the choice, I'd do all regions, as I don't like the idea of having only a single region to explore for a game!
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ElALGtlp,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T17:23:31.971+0000) > > I myself am more looking for the beauties of a landscape, combined with some highly magical stuff so I'd be more attracted to Ionia and Targon yeah :p Although of course, if I had the choice, I'd do all regions, as I don't like the idea of having only a single region to explore for a game! ahh I think I understand. like how in the breath of the wild you can just have random encounters, and as you explore new places you can just look around and think "wow, this is beautiful"
Falrein (EUW)
: I mean... I'm guessing for a Zaun fan, it would be quite cool. But I myself am not a fan of Zaun, as this is not the sort of setting I'm looking for a in fantasy world really. :p
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ElALGtlp,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-15T16:18:39.144+0000) > > I mean... I'm guessing for a Zaun fan, it would be quite cool. But I myself am not a fan of Zaun, as this is not the sort of setting I'm looking for a in fantasy world really. :p what kind would you look for then? political intrigue of noxus politics, the adventures of ezreal, or a game where you search for mysteries of magic, like targon
Falrein (EUW)
: Morgana's possibly lost archetype - Mistress of the Dark Arts
I honestly think Morgana made her own spells along the way. I really like the idea that those chains for her ult is a wholly unique spell only she can do and was made with her ideals on what justice is in mind also considering she is said to be the one to fight kayle, it makes sense to gauge her the power necessary
Falrein (EUW)
: I do not know who these CDPR are that you speak of, but if they killed my peop... Wait sorry, wrong story. Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I assume they make games, as I know what the Witcher is. But I'm gonna safely assume Riot can try and do that on their own, as they have an R&D team working on (at least) one game. And it would be stupid of them not to use their rich IP on a game. Now, I'm all for a narrative-based game, so long as it remains wide and open. My point being, if you're playing a narrative-based game focusing on Yasuo, MF, etc... I'd be disappointed. Probably because the champions I like aren't popular, so I'm just biased. So yeah, narrative-based game? Absolutely. They could -and should- do it. Surely we'll know more comes October... Patiently waiting for the 10 year anniversary...
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ElALGtlp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T09:50:22.659+0000) > > I do not know who these CDPR are that you speak of, but if they killed my peop... Wait sorry, wrong story. > > Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what this is, but I assume they make games, as I know what the Witcher is. But I'm gonna safely assume Riot can try and do that on their own, as they have an R&D team working on (at least) one game. And it would be stupid of them not to use their rich IP on a game. > > Now, I'm all for a narrative-based game, so long as it remains wide and open. My point being, if you're playing a narrative-based game focusing on Yasuo, MF, etc... I'd be disappointed. Probably because the champions I like aren't popular, so I'm just biased. > > So yeah, narrative-based game? Absolutely. They could -and should- do it. Surely we'll know more comes October... Patiently waiting for the 10 year anniversary... how about this you're a zuanite, no one special yet, just a regular off the mill one, like Warwick used to be. in the game, you have many chem barons you could join, and any decision you make have consequences, even ones that would attract Piltover. you can do science and find blueprints of new chemicals and everything, you can fight or be stealthy. you will also meet figures like viktor if keen enough, urgot as a dangerous threat (but can join if you can pass the trials), but also great dangers. imagine nighttime, you Mundo wandering around, a hulking behemoth who feels no pain wanting to "treat" you, and Twitch in the sewers. and then there is Warwick. Warwick would go by a very loose morality. if your character has killed innocents and you go into "Howler territory" he will hunt you. if you are relatively good, he wont. BUT if you are against a group of bad guys and you hear him coming, RUN. and after a certain health threshold, he will go after anyone no matter what. yeah I know, very ambitious and very vague, but the possibilities of Zaun as a setting are amazing. imagine being saved by Zac lol
: Thank you for Project Warwick
I too, am extremely happy he will be with the project series and VERY surprised you wanted this more than a cho'gath skin
: That or he was a Program that the PROJECT Corporation weaponized, since the Programs are often the ones with animal characteristics because they are just robots that can be whatever they want, while PROJECTs are just augmented humans.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mAQ23yYG,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T01:04:05.358+0000) > > That or he was a Program that the PROJECT Corporation weaponized, since the Programs are often the ones with animal characteristics because they are just robots that can be whatever they want, while PROJECTs are just augmented humans. that's also a good theory
: Riot has stated that PROJECT is for humans with significant weapons only. Udyr doesn't have a weapon, thus he will never get a PROJECT skin. If anything, he would be in Program. In terms of Warwick, a Rioter has stated that hi being there will be explained in the lore.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mAQ23yYG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T00:39:56.502+0000) > > Riot has stated that PROJECT is for humans with significant weapons only. Udyr doesn't have a weapon, thus he will never get a PROJECT skin. If anything, he would be in Program. > > In terms of Warwick, a Rioter has stated that hi being there will be explained in the lore. oh dang, Warwick's weapon was stabbed into him during battle, causing him to glitch out and go crazy, only barely able to keep his head clear form an objective
: Swain's a hero
Gangplank's a hero. Seriously. the man rewards those who get the job done and kept ALL of Bilgewater under control and stable. everything else he does can be excused because of that. that's all I had to say think you.
: Giving more story in the PROJECT universe
plus people would MUCH rather have the main universe get more story content since it has the OG characters a d more established mythology
: Is Yorick being reworked again?
> [{quoted}](name=Ionian Vulpix,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=85UEenno,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:51:05.433+0000) > > Is Yorick being reworked again? no, where did you hear that
: 2 or 3 full years since Riot themselves did it.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=85UEenno,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:39:32.850+0000) > > 2 or 3 full years since Riot themselves did it. another good point lol
Arakadia (NA)
: I mean this would be awesome but those shorts take months if not a year+ to make and the Ryze cinematic was important for expanding the lore and preparing him for Brand's lore update. A Yorick cinematic like this would be mostly eye candy to visualize the world.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=85UEenno,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-13T19:27:09.217+0000) > > I mean this would be awesome but those shorts take months if not a year+ to make and the Ryze cinematic was important for expanding the lore and preparing him for Brand's lore update. A Yorick cinematic like this would be mostly eye candy to visualize the world. you have a point. what you said, and I bet it's a pain on resources. still though, you could set it up for a ruined king release or "Yorick vs The Ruined King" event
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P3KG3Ei2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-13T13:48:09.973+0000) > > lore or gameplay? because if lore it's literally no question. its Varus who would win Jeah I have to agree. Hanzo is very skilled, sure, but at the end of the day he's just another human. Varus would dispatch him easily imo.
> [{quoted}](name=Guy Broman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=P3KG3Ei2,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-13T17:50:53.918+0000) > > Jeah I have to agree. Hanzo is very skilled, sure, but at the end of the day he's just another human. Varus would dispatch him easily imo. thank you. I know I'm being rude, but I just dont understand how some people think Hanzo would stand a chance (and I dont think the answer to beating Varus is "knock the bow out of his hands". that's not how it works)
: Who would win 3: Varus Vs Hanzo
lore or gameplay? because if lore it's literally no question. its Varus who would win
: Let Tianna be playable by a Ultimate Garen Skin
how about we dont have a character skin that replaces the very character, especially to the extent of gender lol
: Well they specifically mentioned attacking Sylas, and I already acknowledged in my original comment that she may not be able to. But yeah, I meant it would've been a good opportunity to integrate that aspect of gameplay while giving her some real agency that I feel she's been lacking in the series thus far.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=000e0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T01:33:08.786+0000) > > Well they specifically mentioned attacking Sylas, and I already acknowledged in my original comment that she may not be able to. > > But yeah, I meant it would've been a good opportunity to integrate that aspect of gameplay while giving her some real agency that I feel she's been lacking in the series thus far. ahh ok, sorry I didnt see you mention it. though I disagree that it should've happened, I agree it would still make sense if that's how they wanted the story to go
: Riot could make a story where he exiles himself to find out the truth, while he's out on his journey to targon to visit Taric/ Kayle or whatever. He runs into a red-haired cutie that is having trouble against some powerful warlord and he jumps in to help her, unknowingly helping her assassinate the dude. Then the rest of the story writes itself pretty much.
> [{quoted}](name=Foxtrot29,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MGbnYxYu,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-10T23:43:16.230+0000) > > Riot could make a story where he exiles himself to find out the truth, while he's out on his journey to targon to visit Taric/ Kayle or whatever. He runs into a red-haired cutie that is having trouble against some powerful warlord and he jumps in to help her, unknowingly helping her assassinate the dude. Then the rest of the story writes itself pretty much. weren't Taric and Garen in a squad together once? like Taric was under his command and used his charm (which Garen didnt like) to get through conflict.
: I was more thinking more that this would be a point where they could've brought in the shielding aspect of her kit, since Riot has been integrating more and more gameplay into lore or vice versa.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T23:56:01.820+0000) > > I was more thinking more that this would be a point where they could've brought in the shielding aspect of her kit, since Riot has been integrating more and more gameplay into lore or vice versa. I think greenlore realizes that, he just means that she does not have the precise control required to shield people sorry if you simply meant this would've been a good point to have her do that, not "she should of been able to"
Dobiwobi (EUW)
: i think the explanation is garen's magic suppressing armor, which we know suppresses magic from his short story with the witch. garen's armor probably suppresses his own magic, as well as sylas' ability to see mages - combined, this means sylas can't tell garen apart from any ordinary person, and only realized he had magic when they came into physical contact. that's why he was surprised, he wasn't expecting it because he didn't see it
> [{quoted}](name=Dobiwobi,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MGbnYxYu,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T22:08:55.695+0000) > > i think the explanation is garen's magic suppressing armor, which we know suppresses magic from his short story with the witch. garen's armor probably suppresses his own magic, as well as sylas' ability to see mages - combined, this means sylas can't tell garen apart from any ordinary person, and only realized he had magic when they came into physical contact. that's why he was surprised, he wasn't expecting it because he didn't see it well it absorbs magic. so in all the armor be wears it's likely hard to judge whether its HIS magic or just absorbed magic
GreenLore (EUW)
: The post of the opener sounded like they weren't aware of Lee Sins lore update and I merely wanted to clear that up.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0sjkxOtm,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T22:00:37.351+0000) > > The post of the opener sounded like they weren't aware of Lee Sins lore update and I merely wanted to clear that up. ahh ok, my apologies for misunderstanding
Falrein (EUW)
: I myself much prefer the idea that Garen's sword is one of the swords Kayle blessed back then. Thinking about it, the Crownguards are one of the most influential families in Demacia, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume they have one (or even several) of the swords. Garen being leader of the Dauntless Vanguard, it's also believable that one of those swords was entrusted to him. I personally dislike the idea of Garen being a mage. He doesn't need that to grow and make him doubt Demacia's current situation and policy. It'd also be redundant with Lux if he tries to hide it, etc. I also think the part where Sylas tells Garen "You don't know do you...?" is about Lux. They were talking about Lux, it makes sense to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MGbnYxYu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-10T20:21:49.390+0000) > > I myself much prefer the idea that Garen's sword is one of the swords Kayle blessed back then. > Thinking about it, the Crownguards are one of the most influential families in Demacia, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume they have one (or even several) of the swords. Garen being leader of the Dauntless Vanguard, it's also believable that one of those swords was entrusted to him. > > I personally dislike the idea of Garen being a mage. He doesn't need that to grow and make him doubt Demacia's current situation and policy. It'd also be redundant with Lux if he tries to hide it, etc. > I also think the part where Sylas tells Garen "You don't know do you...?" is about Lux. They were talking about Lux, it makes sense to me. why do people downvote posts like this? I swear some people just do it for fun
fifek900 (EUNE)
: i bet 100$ on most people in Demacia being illiterate. On top of that many of people who can read may not actually have access to these papers.
> [{quoted}](name=fifek900,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T20:58:38.986+0000) > > i bet 100$ on most people in Demacia being illiterate. On top of that many of people who can read may not actually have access to these papers. has this argument happened before lol
: Why would you build a kingdom around denying magic when the world is full of magic? You literally created a whole population of "prisoners" who have the power to overthrow your entire nation and your own royalty is repressed form using their full power to protect the nation This is some toilet-paper writing
> [{quoted}](name=Giggle Physics,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-07-10T20:02:02.027+0000) > > Why would you build a kingdom around denying magic when the world is full of magic? You literally created a whole population of "prisoners" who have the power to overthrow your entire nation and your own royalty is repressed form using their full power to protect the nation > > This is some toilet-paper writing sigh. they dont deny magic. Demacia fears magic due to the multitude of bad events its caused. the shadow isles, rune wars, the Darkin, the list goes on. they know it exists, they just see it as more of a danger than a benefit. and they actually treat most magic people as "sick". Lux actually helps take care of them along other demacians. and humans with magic arent actually that numerous. sure you may look at Ionia, but that is likely only due to the vast amount of magic within the land affecting the native population.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IAIeedy6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:43:00.961+0000) > > it was a joke lol. I honestly dont see how he looks Asian or anything in the art. no moral high ground or anything dude https://imgur.com/a/XwpPSx6 https://imgur.com/a/1pUCtfw ur telling me the nose, the beard, the hair, and yes even the eyes don't look similiar to an extremely popular type of handsome asian look
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IAIeedy6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:48:40.970+0000) > > https://imgur.com/a/XwpPSx6 https://imgur.com/a/1pUCtfw ur telling me the nose, the beard, the hair, and yes even the eyes don't look similiar to an extremely popular type of handsome asian look I really dont, it just does not strike me that way.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IAIeedy6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:03:59.742+0000) > > I dont think anyone else has those thoughts. unless squinting automatically makes you look Asian I was thinking more about how they made his mustache.... you're the one who said anything about squinting lmao. he already has squinty eyes in the game. Also obviously I was using steryotypes, but yeah, go ahead and point it out in an attempt to gain a moral high ground.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IAIeedy6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:41:57.159+0000) > > I was thinking more about how they made his mustache.... you're the one who said anything about squinting lmao. he already has squinty eyes in the game. Also obviously I was using steryotypes, but yeah, go ahead and point it out in an attempt to gain a moral high ground. it was a joke lol. I honestly dont see how he looks Asian or anything in the art. no moral high ground or anything dude
: As I said, having him realize he is a mage too and therefore drop all of his beliefs is lazy. It's a little bit too fast, a complete 180° turn from his position. Instead he should maybe learn that more things are magical. Petricite and Galio, for example. Or his very own sword. (Unconfirmed, but I would love if it _was_ blessed by Kayle). He should see that magic can be used to heal and rebuild, all he has seen was destruction. Acknowledgment by his friend the ~~king~~ prince that not all magic is bad and the establishment of a mage-force fighting **For Demacia** would probably help too. The point is that it's a long way, it's an arc, not a triangle.
> [{quoted}](name=LordRedStone Nr1,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:18:51.309+0000) > > As I said, having him realize he is a mage too and therefore drop all of his beliefs is lazy. It's a little bit too fast, a complete 180° turn from his position. > Instead he should maybe learn that more things are magical. Petricite and Galio, for example. Or his very own sword. (Unconfirmed, but I would love if it _was_ blessed by Kayle). He should see that magic can be used to heal and rebuild, all he has seen was destruction. > Acknowledgment by his friend the ~~king~~ prince that not all magic is bad and the establishment of a mage-force fighting **For Demacia** would probably help too. The point is that it's a long way, it's an arc, not a triangle. I really hope it would require an arc too. Garen is genuinely disgusted by the use of magic. if he IS a mage himself, it should be rather traumatizing and have him be in denial. even more would be to have him feel guilt for all the mages he has personally meant and treated. EDIT: I think the risk of announcing she is a mage is just too much. while it is true the devs said many demacians arent hateful of magic, just fearful, inner parts of demacia likely have more negative views. and there is to say that the crownsguard is not the only name with power. I just think the risk is too great, especially when citizens start asking what other authorities are have mages
Kazekiba (NA)
: Thats Marvel's artists, not Riot. And have you SEEN Marvel's art
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IAIeedy6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-10T18:10:54.952+0000) > > Thats Marvel's artists, not Riot. > > And have you SEEN Marvel's art Marvel has gone WAY downhill in the comics department
: I absolutely LOVE this series! I love what seemed like a genuine regretful apology by Sylas before he stole her power, I love the pet name for Lux, and I also love the kindness he showed towards Garen - even if it was super tiny and totally not because he gives af about Garen lol, but because on some base level he cares about, or sympathizes with, Lux. ---- This leads me to talking about where I really hope this story goes, but I know it probably won't. Sylas at the moment is a sympathetic character to some degree. He was used and abused by Demacia's elite and then stuffed in a cage merely for how he was born. Demacia's way of handling mages is incredibly barbaric and shows that what appears to be a nice wholesome kingdom actually is a Kingdom that contains quite a bit of depravity outside the eyes of the masses. If Sylas kills the King, or attempts to and winds up killing someone else high up, or does something else that's a bit overboard - even with the extenuating circumstances of his life story, he will lose that sympathetic side of him for most - including Lux. **I REALLY don't want this to happen**, but I think it's going to. Sylas is pissed off, rightfully so, but I think there's a way to keep his anger and fury alive without dissecting him from Lux on a emotional level. I'd love for Lux to be his friend still, to have conflicting feelings over her attachment to Sylas and her attachment to her family and her people. I'd love to see the two of them second guessing the steps they take in whatever plans they come up with respectively because of how they feel about the other. I think that would be a more entertaining and interesting story line, than just having Sylas go apeshit, kill masses of ppl and the King, and make Lux hate him. A two sided conflict is predictable, it's boring, Throwing a wrench in a two sided conflict is more interesting, having characters with conflicting feelings second guessing what they once thought was a just cause or action, is more interesting. Developing a relationship of some sort - be it platonic or romantic - between two very unlikely characters or people with polar opposite personalities, desires, and viewpoints on the world around them, is more interesting. So, for all those reasons, I really do hope there's a bit more depth to Sylas and Lux's relationship and the whole story, vs. it just winding up being "Sylas goes too far and now Lux hates him 100% and it's Demacia (Lux) vs. Sylas and his mages." {{champion:99}} + {{champion:517}} = A very good read! Bravo to the writers and artist! =D
> [{quoted}](name=xox BaByDoLL xox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=xcrR2bEH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-10T17:05:09.386+0000) > > I absolutely LOVE this series! > I love what seemed like a genuine regretful apology by Sylas before he stole her power, I love the pet name for Lux, and I also love the kindness he showed towards Garen - even if it was super tiny and totally not because he gives af about Garen lol, but because on some base level he cares about, or sympathizes with, Lux. > > ---- > > This leads me to talking about where I really hope this story goes, but I know it probably won't. > Sylas at the moment is a sympathetic character to some degree. He was used and abused by Demacia's elite and then stuffed in a cage merely for how he was born. Demacia's way of handling mages is incredibly barbaric and shows that what appears to be a nice wholesome kingdom actually is a Kingdom that contains quite a bit of depravity outside the eyes of the masses. > > If Sylas kills the King, or attempts to and winds up killing someone else high up, or does something else that's a bit overboard - even with the extenuating circumstances of his life story, he will lose that sympathetic side of him for most - including Lux. **I REALLY don't want this to happen**, but I think it's going to. > > Sylas is pissed off, rightfully so, but I think there's a way to keep his anger and fury alive without dissecting him from Lux on a emotional level. I'd love for Lux to be his friend still, to have conflicting feelings over her attachment to Sylas and her attachment to her family and her people. I'd love to see the two of them second guessing the steps they take in whatever plans they come up with respectively because of how they feel about the other. > > I think that would be a more entertaining and interesting story line, than just having Sylas go apeshit, kill masses of ppl and the King, and make Lux hate him. A two sided conflict is predictable, it's boring, > Throwing a wrench in a two sided conflict is more interesting, having characters with conflicting feelings second guessing what they once thought was a just cause or action, is more interesting. Developing a relationship of some sort - be it platonic or romantic - between two very unlikely characters or people with polar opposite personalities, desires, and viewpoints on the world around them, is more interesting. > > So, for all those reasons, I really do hope there's a bit more depth to Sylas and Lux's relationship and the whole story, vs. it just winding up being "Sylas goes too far and now Lux hates him 100% and it's Demacia (Lux) vs. Sylas and his mages." > > > {{champion:99}} + {{champion:517}} = A very good read! Bravo to the writers and artist! =D I think it could still be interesting even with the death. just because Sylas kills the king, does not mean he is reduced to being one dimensional (and there is more weight to the story if Jarvan the 3rd dies) perhaps Lux could try to convince Sylas what he is doing is wrong, and he could genui BE convinced. But by then it's too late, Sylas finds that he can either give in, giving mages an even worse name, or go all in and try to remake Demacia. on the other hand, that scenario sounds too much like Azir and Xerath. however it may go, so be it. also best line comes from sylas "ridiculously oversized pauldrons"
: What is the best designed skin?
> I wish Kled had more skins, so I pick Warden Nautilus unless we mean strictly by gameplay, this I pick odyssey Kayn
: Sylas
I dont think anyone else has those thoughts. unless squinting automatically makes you look Asian
GreenLore (EUW)
: Old Update? It was updated last year right? That makes it one of the more recent lore updates, considering that some of the older bio updates are already over 3 years old. In general I merely point out that Lee did receive a big lore update already. It might not have changed his actual character, but it severed his ties to the IoW and redefined his powers. The VO change was obviously not done because of his new lore, but that was never my point to begin with.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0sjkxOtm,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T10:39:16.774+0000) > > Old Update? > It was updated last year right? That makes it one of the more recent lore updates, considering that some of the older bio updates are already over 3 years old. > > In general I merely point out that Lee did receive a big lore update already. > It might not have changed his actual character, but it severed his ties to the IoW and redefined his powers. > > The VO change was obviously not done because of his new lore, but that was never my point to begin with. wait, what was the point of your posts then?
: [Spoilers] Lux: Issue Nr. 3 - Feedback, Discussion and Questions
I think Garen's magic that Sylas took is not "regular magic". if it was, Sylas would've reacted way less cryptic and with much less interest. no idea about Tianna, isnt she supposed to be a big political power? Jarvan the 3rd will die. there's more drama to the story and I cant see how to counter your own base being a power source for mages like Sylas (plus you know the name of one of his abilities...) as for lux, it would not be a good idea. I think if she did, it would've caused a huge uproar, especially for the people who had to give up their children while the noble got to keep them (and there's the issue of the crownsguard themselves having magic)
: Yeah I think you're right. I think what was bothering me was the way her bio was written. It kept mentioning how "no one was harmed" even though that wasn't really relevant information to Jinx's character, so it was a little jarring.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Anwqot7E,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-09T23:31:04.420+0000) > > Yeah I think you're right. I think what was bothering me was the way her bio was written. It kept mentioning how "no one was harmed" even though that wasn't really relevant information to Jinx's character, so it was a little jarring. I agree with you to be honest. it's like league of legends is darker than before but then they need to say that for no reason with freaking JINX.
: Revisiting Bios - Piltover
to note on Jinx, I believe it was stated that Jinx does not go with the intention to kill. she goes with the intention for mayhem that often ends with a LOT of death
GreenLore (EUW)
: I was referring specifically to this remark of the opener: > Hell, his story is one of the few that was barely changed over the years
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0sjkxOtm,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-09T17:22:34.050+0000) > > I was referring specifically to this remark of the opener: yes, but it's still barely changed. you cant really use it as an argument since its such an old update
GreenLore (EUW)
: > Just a little PSA to everyone posting "[champion] doesn't have enough voice lines" threads. The Lee Sin VO has nothing to do with any story updates or the like. Hell, his story is one of the few that was barely changed over the years Uhm he did get a new Bio and color story already, that changed him from a former summoner apprentice who set himself on fire as a protest against the noxians and who refused to use his magic, to a monk who has a deep connection to the dragon spirit and who burned his own body, when he did channel this spirit in the battle against the noxians. While the end result is basically the same, I'd say that this was actually a remarkable change in his story
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0sjkxOtm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-09T12:57:55.741+0000) > > Uhm he did get a new Bio and color story already, that changed him from a former summoner apprentice who set himself on fire as a protest against the noxians and who refused to use his magic, to a monk who has a deep connection to the dragon spirit and who burned his own body, when he did channel this spirit in the battle against the noxians. > > While the end result is basically the same, I'd say that this was actually a remarkable change in his story that lore change has NOTHING to do with the VO update. it's been updated forever now
Show more

TheMan292

Level 36 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion