tamaya (NA)
: The Solari never saw the light of day.
it's just another consequence of going to far with "dark is good and light is evil". they were trying to make things more morally grey, but instead just reversed who was the evil one, making it like the old League lore where there were card carrying villains like the old Noxus
: > but the OP is talking more about just making them "aww poor guy, give him a break" characters. I'm not, though? I never said that. Had a whole thing specifically saying that giving a character depth doesn't de-villainize or woobify them. I'm glad you agree with the point I _actually made_ about more depth and character, but I'm not big on you misrepresenting me.
> [{quoted}](name=NotaRobot1006,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6E68WA99,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-09T02:52:54.628+0000) > > I'm not, though? I never said that. Had a whole thing specifically saying that giving a character depth doesn't de-villainize or woobify them. > > I'm glad you agree with the point I _actually made_ about more depth and character, but I'm not big on you misrepresenting me. ok, re-reading it again, I'm sorry about that. you did explain Mordekaiser real well. I just think what makes some villains great is just that they are just so easy to hate. Dio Brando comes to mind. he is literally and ass for no reason, but the reason people love him is precisely because he is a scumbag
tamaya (NA)
: {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}}
> [{quoted}](name=tamaya,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6E68WA99,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-08T12:38:28.443+0000) > > {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:202}} Jhin is not sympathetic. I said sure, give characters like Thresh more depth and character. but the OP is talking more about just making them "aww poor guy, give him a break" characters. Jhin is not someone I pity, I still think he is a great character. Thresh I think is even worse than Jhin. but I love him for his malice. I DO think it would be cool to have him in more and see his character in action more, like with the story of Ledros. instead, we have Jhin being a star villain of a story while Thresh, who has been around a lot longer, gets a brief video of fighting Lucian
: The Case for Villain Depth
I dont think every villain needs sympathy to be a good character though. and I mean I'm talking about Thresh here. maybe I'm wrong, but a reason many like Thresh is because just how evil he is of course, let there be more to him. but does he HAVE to be a villain that you need to think "awe, only if his life was better" when you learn about him?
: Where do black people like Lucian, Ekko, Pyke and Senna originate from on Runeterra?
not gonna lie. never thought about this before but super curious about it now. and it reminds me of the day I realized Pyke was black and not green. I felt like a fucking idiot for that. really thought he was green
: Rioters put more than you'd think into making these skins. So cut them a break guys
I think most people dont get mad at the people making skins. I think most people (including me) get upset at the people who decide who gets skins
Manxxom (NA)
: You know what would be very interesting to see in this show? Urgot.
> [{quoted}](name=Manxxom,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HEdr2803,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-09T20:54:31.928+0000) > > You know what would be very interesting to see in this show? > Urgot. I could see him as a very subtle cameo, working in the mines (whatever that lower level is called) and vaguely similar to the urgot he became.
GenoXx (NA)
: Same universe and setting. The foundation is used. Just not direct canon story.....
> [{quoted}](name=GenoXx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJEykZ0N,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-11-09T20:39:22.537+0000) > > Same universe and setting. The foundation is used. Just not direct canon story..... so no alternate reality or anything, ok. thank you for the info
: Yes...it should be separate and the Characters u play is not the same person as the original at all. Just What If Story mode because everyone can fight each other in equal. I just wonder this game will expand the lore or Just what if story.(that it)
> [{quoted}](name=Thailand05,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJEykZ0N,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-07T20:59:42.053+0000) > > Yes...it should be separate and the Characters u play is not the same person as the original at all. > > Just What If Story mode because everyone can fight each other in equal. > > I just wonder this game will expand the lore or Just what if story.(that it) well in fighting games, the story mode is often canon. anyway, league of legends is not a part of project L
: Will Project L Fighting Game + the New Lore or just What if story mode?
Project L is not in the league of legends universe. its completely separate are you suggesting league of legends put in a story mode for its characters?
: No...My First is Thai lol (i am thai)
> [{quoted}](name=Thailand05,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJEykZ0N,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T16:35:57.547+0000) > > No...My First is Thai lol (i am thai) ahh ok. I misunderstood then. so you're asking if there will be lore for the game in the form of a story mode?
: Yeah...It should be that way for story mode even it still same Universe (Everything the Same) but the Lore still Depart from Original Moba game lore. Example : Blazblue Fighting Game Had Anime version that Look a like but still Diffrent and Depart story Version (Diffrent Universe) Virtue Fighter game and Anime is Completly Diffrent Version of the story and Characters. (In Characteristic and Plot) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfXs1O9VshM
> [{quoted}](name=Thailand05,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJEykZ0N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-07T13:37:17.600+0000) > > Yeah...It should be that way for story mode even it still same Universe (Everything the Same) but the Lore still Depart from Original Moba game lore. > > Example : Blazblue Fighting Game Had Anime version that Look a like but still Diffrent and Depart story Version (Diffrent Universe) > > Virtue Fighter game and Anime is Completly Diffrent Version of the story and Characters. (In Characteristic and Plot) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfXs1O9VshM not to be rude, but is English your first language? I'm struggling to understand you
GilxeN (EUW)
: I am patiently waiting for their FPS game, looks interesting from first POV.
> [{quoted}](name=GilxeN,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AJEykZ0N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-07T14:29:30.958+0000) > > I am patiently waiting for their FPS game, looks interesting from first POV. gameplay was shown?
: Will Project L Fighting Game + the New Lore or just What if story mode?
I dont think this game is connected to league of legends
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OQcnwTgU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-31T17:00:03.663+0000) > > well, if mordekaiser dies he will just plan in his kingdom. if Aatrox does, he turns into a sword that mordekaiser can just hide away from everyone, or just drop in an active volcano is he wanted. That is assuming that Mordekaiser would know that he is the sword and he can take him without being corrupted (well Morde is made of Metal, so i doubt that) In other hand, Aatrox has already killed godlike beings and Morde has been defeated.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OQcnwTgU,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T17:07:47.768+0000) > > That is assuming that Mordekaiser would know that he is the sword and he can take him without being corrupted (well Morde is made of Metal, so i doubt that) > > In other hand, Aatrox has already killed godlike beings and Morde has been defeated. true, but as you said, Aatrox does not really know what happens if he were to kill Mordekaiser. honestly it could go either way. but to be honest, I'm not a fan of these questions. we just dont have enough information
: I guess that Aatrox would ""win"", since Mordekaiser can be "killed" but Aatrox cant. But Mordekaiser would come back from the death after that, that is why i say "win"
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OQcnwTgU,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-30T21:01:34.391+0000) > > I guess that Aatrox would ""win"", since Mordekaiser can be "killed" but Aatrox cant. > > But Mordekaiser would come back from the death after that, that is why i say "win" well, if mordekaiser dies he will just plan in his kingdom. if Aatrox does, he turns into a sword that mordekaiser can just hide away from everyone, or just drop in an active volcano is he wanted.
EdgeLady (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MpTQZxH7,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-30T14:38:12.067+0000) > > but kindred cares not for morals. they would likely see Senna and think "she should be dead. let's make sure of that, "go along Wolf, this should be a fun hunt"" > > wolf: FINALLY SOME FUN Kindred doesn't kill people before their time. Kindred's whole concept is simply that the right death is just as important as the right life. They're not wanton murderers like the demons are.
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MpTQZxH7,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T14:52:55.784+0000) > > Kindred doesn't kill people before their time. Kindred's whole concept is simply that the right death is just as important as the right life. They're not wanton murderers like the demons are. Senna SHOULD be dead though. they likely would attack her life force. should be noted, being hunted by Wolf can be a long time. the devs said one example is a man dying from sickness. he may have will power to fight against time, but Wolf will make sure the sickness starts killing the Ill person. so Wolf would likely be tearing at Senna's life force
EdgeLady (NA)
: I think Kindred would be of two minds. They wouldn't like the *state* of Senna, but Senna wants to live normally, as expressed by many of her lines. That does include being a normal person who can live, do what she needs and wants to do, and then die. So Senna's *personality*, Kindred would like more. In the same vein, Illaoi would probably feel very similarly.
> [{quoted}](name=EdgeLady,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MpTQZxH7,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-30T13:03:23.290+0000) > > I think Kindred would be of two minds. They wouldn't like the *state* of Senna, but Senna wants to live normally, as expressed by many of her lines. That does include being a normal person who can live, do what she needs and wants to do, and then die. So Senna's *personality*, Kindred would like more. In the same vein, Illaoi would probably feel very similarly. but kindred cares not for morals. they would likely see Senna and think "she should be dead. let's make sure of that, "go along Wolf, this should be a fun hunt"" wolf: FINALLY SOME FUN
: I knew he was in freljord area i was just kinda upset that he isnt like put on the map and not given more of a place like ashes clan and sej's
> [{quoted}](name=JimboDeBimbo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=9nLMiOs8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-30T04:50:33.093+0000) > > I knew he was in freljord area i was just kinda upset that he isnt like put on the map and not given more of a place like ashes clan and sej's well he will be back next year, dont know if the map will be updated though.
: IS VOLIBEAR FRELJORD???????
yeah he is of the Frejlord...I'm failing to see what you dont understand. he is a one of the big three demigods of it
: hip hop
> [{quoted}](name=Xodiathe4bdn1,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ltAdgEU2,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-29T19:11:47.302+0000) > > hip hop thank you kind sir
: True Damage splash art
so what kinda band are these guys supposed to be? cant really tell
: LoR Backgrounds
I do wonder what Thresh could be thinking
: Lucian and Senna, being Sentinals, are tasked with protecting Runeterra from the Black Mist/Harrowing. The Harrowing is known to strike all of the map, including Ionia. Shen is tasked with maintaining the balance between the spirit and mortal realm. He has a habit of appearing, fighting an unseen threat, then disappearing, as was previously noted in his bio. He could appear in Demacia if he needed to. Just because they're form different regions that doesn't mean they can't meet each other.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MWZcnPyl,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-27T01:09:23.494+0000) > > Lucian and Senna, being Sentinals, are tasked with protecting Runeterra from the Black Mist/Harrowing. The Harrowing is known to strike all of the map, including Ionia. > > Shen is tasked with maintaining the balance between the spirit and mortal realm. He has a habit of appearing, fighting an unseen threat, then disappearing, as was previously noted in his bio. He could appear in Demacia if he needed to. > > Just because they're form different regions that doesn't mean they can't meet each other. in my opinion, there is a very small chance they would ever meet. the biggest possibility would be the harrowing happening in Ionia, with Shen noticing something off with Senna
: The new Volibear visual update may have a twist
it's a neat idea, but I agree a legendary skin would be better. still though, would be awesome if your idea was incorporated
: i haven't heard anyone complain about Panth at all, he's as good as the Sion, WW, Urgot, or Poppy reworks
> [{quoted}](name=FlameHalbrdOkido,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=000300000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:30:49.353+0000) > > i haven't heard anyone complain about Panth at all, he's as good as the Sion, WW, Urgot, or Poppy reworks I know Camille Ferros complained about panth. I dont remember who else but I think there were others on this forum that did. otherwise it was very positive reception everywhere
: I mean when the big big portion of the community wants that "new" Voli, is it really selfish? In this case, you seem the one being selfish.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T23:44:16.657+0000) > > I mean when the big big portion of the community wants that "new" Voli, is it really selfish? In this case, you seem the one being selfish. a big portion of players loved the new Aatrox upon release. does that make it fine? no it does not. and once again, the people that actually MAINED Volibear wanted one closer to the original design. you can check both the feedback from the updates on his and fiddle's design and the reaction the volibear sub-reddit had to the new design
Reav3 (NA)
: We chose to not update any Thresh lines because we felt that ultimately Senna and Lucian aren't that important to Thresh, even though he is important to them. Senna and Lucian are just 2 people of many, many people that Thresh is messing with a tormenting, and making him care about them would actually diminish his character a bit, since he really doesn't care about 2 random people
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-24T21:11:36.028+0000) > > We chose to not update any Thresh lines because we felt that ultimately Senna and Lucian aren't that important to Thresh, even though he is important to them. Senna and Lucian are just 2 people of many, many people that Thresh is messing with a tormenting, and making him care about them would actually diminish his character a bit, since he really doesn't care about 2 random people no complaints about the reasoning, I actually do like it. But was there also just that yall couldn't get the voice actor on board for a VO update. i think many still hope for his some day
GreenLore (EUW)
: He could do that by just talking to the lantern though, no reason to personally confront her.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=0002000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T22:22:30.163+0000) > > He could do that by just talking to the lantern though, no reason to personally confront her. true. I suppose that when I interpret Thresh, i think he likes to see the face of who he is torturing. on the other hand, didnt he torture a living mirror until it was opaque? I'd assume all he could see was himself. hmm, I suppose you have a point
: I complain when they pick the lesser of two options. The point is enough people liked the horror-themed Volibear to justify putting out a legendary skin for it.
> [{quoted}](name=ChasmOfTrossm,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=0003000000000002,timestamp=2019-10-24T19:26:16.607+0000) > > I complain when they pick the lesser of two options. The point is enough people liked the horror-themed Volibear to justify putting out a legendary skin for it. a skin would be fine. I wont argue against that
: Riot clearly doesn't care what the fans thought about the previous reworks. So why would it be different now? The tragedy of it all is that there is actually a better already tested water. Rather than the old stale one.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T17:22:50.910+0000) > > Riot clearly doesn't care what the fans thought about the previous reworks. So why would it be different now? The tragedy of it all is that there is actually a better already tested water. Rather than the old stale one. why do they not care the one time they listen? I'm fact I would say they listened to both Voli and Fiddlestick players. you can go back to the feedback and see what fans were saying about the designs. you just selfishly desire your version of the "ideal" Volibear
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=00030000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-24T17:14:28.891+0000) > > "we" is obviously us, the fanbase who ALWAYS complained that a VGU "completely ignored what made people like the champion". from Swain not being crippled and younger looking to pantheon being too badass or anime or whatever. > > I was excited for eldrich Voli too, I was disappointed they didnt go for it. but they did state they were going for what the mains as a whole wanted, and as it turns out, many did want the more classic volibear. and just because you are a main does not mean you speak for the whole community of volibear mains. It's ironic you're saying that just because I'm a Voli main I don't speak for the whole community, while in the same breath saying that "WE complain about reworks". So I don't speak for the whole community but the whole community speaks for me? Cause I'm not really over here complaining about reworks of champions I don't play, so I'm not part of the "we" you're talking about. Either way, it's a matter of opinion, and regardless of what people say they want Riot handled the whole thing in a really haphazard way. They basically bait and switched at the last moment, leaving a lot of unsatisfied people, which could have been avoided by just sticking with something closer to the original from the beginning. Instead they changed his entire lore with the intention of moving him in one direction, then going LOL NVM at the very end, it's annoying.
> [{quoted}](name=RÉÁL HÚMÁN BÉÁN,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T17:45:07.136+0000) > > It's ironic you're saying that just because I'm a Voli main I don't speak for the whole community, while in the same breath saying that "WE complain about reworks". So I don't speak for the whole community but the whole community speaks for me? Cause I'm not really over here complaining about reworks of champions I don't play, so I'm not part of the "we" you're talking about. > > Either way, it's a matter of opinion, and regardless of what people say they want Riot handled the whole thing in a really haphazard way. They basically bait and switched at the last moment, leaving a lot of unsatisfied people, which could have been avoided by just sticking with something closer to the original from the beginning. Instead they changed his entire lore with the intention of moving him in one direction, then going LOL NVM at the very end, it's annoying. I'm not generalizing "We" for people complaining about reworks completely changing a character. you can go into past posts concerning older champs and find tons of complaints, especially if you go to sub reddits for X-mains. and they were literally showing their progress on both Volibear and fiddlesticks artwork. go back to that and you will find people NOT wanting full on eldritch voli. though I will concede that many of those same people were ok with there being SOME eldritch in his design.
: In this case clearly they had the better idea for the first time in a looong time.
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T16:43:39.624+0000) > > In this case clearly they had the better idea for the first time in a looong time. clearly you dont care for what made people like the original champ, you just want what you want and dont care for what others think
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T16:34:41.955+0000) > > we always complain that they dont listen to the mains when it comes to VGUs. the one time they do, we attack them for it "we always complain that they dont listen to the mains when it comes to VGUs" Who is this "we"? You realize everyone who plays this game isnt some collective hivemind. I'm a Voli main and I was perfectly fine with the direction they were taking him with his lore, it was interesting and a lot more original. And then you have the literal fact that Riot teased a completely different champion, changed his lore without trying to get anyone's opinion on it, then turned around and backed out at the last second.
> [{quoted}](name=RÉÁL HÚMÁN BÉÁN,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-24T16:44:49.682+0000) > > "we always complain that they dont listen to the mains when it comes to VGUs" > > Who is this "we"? You realize everyone who plays this game isnt some collective hivemind. I'm a Voli main and I was perfectly fine with the direction they were taking him with his lore, it was interesting and a lot more original. > > And then you have the literal fact that Riot teased a completely different champion, changed his lore without trying to get anyone's opinion on it, then turned around and backed out at the last second. "we" is obviously us, the fanbase who ALWAYS complained that a VGU "completely ignored what made people like the champion". from Swain not being crippled and younger looking to pantheon being too badass or anime or whatever. I was excited for eldrich Voli too, I was disappointed they didnt go for it. but they did state they were going for what the mains as a whole wanted, and as it turns out, many did want the more classic volibear. and just because you are a main does not mean you speak for the whole community of volibear mains.
Arakadia (NA)
: This would be so cool!
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rNbBr3kA,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T16:23:22.804+0000) > > This would be so cool! according to my downvotes it isnt lol
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-24T15:56:24.636+0000) > > god these hypocrites concerning VGUs What do you mean?
> [{quoted}](name=ChasmOfTrossm,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=77Quts3V,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-24T15:58:31.581+0000) > > What do you mean? we always complain that they dont listen to the mains when it comes to VGUs. the one time they do, we attack them for it
: Horror themed Volibear Is Better: Bring It Back, Or At Least Do Something For The Fans Who Loved It
GreenLore (EUW)
: Thresh did psychologically torture Senna, because Lucian always risked his life in order to save her over and over again, thus Senna was constantly afraid that he'd end up in the lantern too. Eitherway we don't know how Thresh tortures his victims after their death, his new bio makes it sound like he merely forces them to watch how he kills and tortures others, but it could also be that the lantern automatically inflicts agony upon the souls.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T14:34:49.676+0000) > > Thresh did psychologically torture Senna, because Lucian always risked his life in order to save her over and over again, thus Senna was constantly afraid that he'd end up in the lantern too. > > Eitherway we don't know how Thresh tortures his victims after their death, his new bio makes it sound like he merely forces them to watch how he kills and tortures others, but it could also be that the lantern automatically inflicts agony upon the souls. oh I meant I thought he would personally confront her soul from time to time just to talk to her about what Lucian has become while trying to save her
: Fuck dude, NO ONE can put a finger on what her personality is. I've tried to connect the dots, and understand how some of her VO may be based on methods of keeping her sanity, but I simply can't. She's just... a bimbo in a void suit. _But,_ there was a really interesting short story for her that got leaked briefly earlier this week. If it eventually gets published in anything near its current state, it'll be like what The Dreaming Pool did to Syndra - a pretty massive shift to her *everything,* almost unheard of for such a new champion. Like, "she would need a more sinister voiceover update" big. She's not fully in control of her suit. The suit isn't invincible and can be torn away to reveal her actual skin, which might be pretty... dead. She's extra-chaotic good in the story, demolishing only empty buildings to try to get a village to believe her warning that they need to GTFO before the Void shows up. I would have wanted to hear her being essentially feral and lamenting everyone distrusting her. Not what we have now.
> [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rNbBr3kA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-24T09:36:39.745+0000) > > Fuck dude, NO ONE can put a finger on what her personality is. I've tried to connect the dots, and understand how some of her VO may be based on methods of keeping her sanity, but I simply can't. She's just... a bimbo in a void suit. > > _But,_ there was a really interesting short story for her that got leaked briefly earlier this week. If it eventually gets published in anything near its current state, it'll be like what The Dreaming Pool did to Syndra - a pretty massive shift to her *everything,* almost unheard of for such a new champion. Like, "she would need a more sinister voiceover update" big. She's not fully in control of her suit. The suit isn't invincible and can be torn away to reveal her actual skin, which might be pretty... dead. She's extra-chaotic good in the story, demolishing only empty buildings to try to get a village to believe her warning that they need to GTFO before the Void shows up. I would have wanted to hear her being essentially feral and lamenting everyone distrusting her. Not what we have now. THAT is the Kai'sa I want. feral, scared, but trying to help people she cant properly connect with anymore (and the suit's detrimental effects is a plus)
Arakadia (NA)
: I was under the impression that his whole turning into a fire person possessed by power thing didn't happen to everyone who used the world runes. Maybe they went power hungry but I felt like he is supposed to be a particularly dangerous example of a person using a world rune.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lHj7eiar,comment-id=00070000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T04:53:03.030+0000) > > I was under the impression that his whole turning into a fire person possessed by power thing didn't happen to everyone who used the world runes. Maybe they went power hungry but I felt like he is supposed to be a particularly dangerous example of a person using a world rune. what else would happen from possessing one? Ryze makes it pretty clear that what happened to Keegan was exactly what he expected the rune to do. or at least I think so. probably will read again to make sure
GreenLore (EUW)
: To be honest, thats mostly because he loves psychologically torturing people. Lucian was simply his newest toy, but ultimately no different to him than his other victims.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenLore,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-10-24T09:04:41.973+0000) > > To be honest, thats mostly because he loves psychologically torturing people. > Lucian was simply his newest toy, but ultimately no different to him than his other victims. I agree. but wouldnt you say that he would also be more busy torturing Senna of that too? it would bypass the reasoning that he didnt torture her because there are simply THAT many souls in the lantern to pick from. on the other hand, it could be that Thresh just randomly picks out souls to torment from time to time
Arakadia (NA)
: Brand might be a unique situation. Seems like he is at least.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lHj7eiar,comment-id=000700000001,timestamp=2019-10-24T01:48:18.184+0000) > > Brand might be a unique situation. Seems like he is at least. what makes Brand unique? he is fully corrupted and shows no resistance to its influence now. he is the textbook example of what ryze claims happens to those that possess a world rune
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lHj7eiar,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-10-24T00:38:02.382+0000) > > just get corrupted. and pretty redundant. you just become an incarnate of the rune's element. just look at Brand but if her just absorbs the magic through the petricite pillars.... I mean Sylas and Brand have very different abilities Sylas might be able to handle absorbing rune magic due to his innate abilities which aren't too thoroughly explained that i'm aware hmmm itd be interesting
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lHj7eiar,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-10-24T00:41:15.247+0000) > > but if her just absorbs the magic through the petricite pillars.... I mean Sylas and Brand have very different abilities > > Sylas might be able to handle absorbing rune magic due to his innate abilities which aren't too thoroughly explained that i'm aware > hmmm itd be interesting absorbing all that magic will just result in absorbing the source, the rune. being able to intentionally absorb the rune magic does not make you immune. and Brand lives as a lesson as to just what taking the power of a world rune does to you
: Most of the 10 year anniversary art is better than the actual spashart.
sure, some like Jax are better, but I would say most official splash arts are way better than the fan art. not that they are bad though
: Yo when Sylas finds {{champion:13}} 's secret stash of world runes whats gonna happen?
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lHj7eiar,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-24T00:05:54.081+0000) > > Yo when Sylas finds {{champion:13}} 's secret stash of world runes whats gonna happen? just get corrupted. and pretty redundant. you just become an incarnate of the rune's element. just look at Brand
: He wasn't paying much attention while she was in the lantern, didn't he?
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-23T22:06:47.979+0000) > > He wasn't paying much attention while she was in the lantern, didn't he? I used him torturing Lucian as an example. I do thinks its dumb that, apparently, he never actually payed attention to Senna at all considering the fact he chose to remember her.
: I like that Thresh has no interactions towards them, its like he doesnt even cares about them.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=I9bmE9jy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-23T20:49:13.786+0000) > > I like that Thresh has no interactions towards them, its like he doesnt even cares about them. but he specifically chose to remember Senna to torture Lucian further. while he does not care about anyone, he DOES care about making them suffer
Fasmodey (EUW)
: If it was as often as Garen x Katarina interactions, it would be. Neeko happened once and people complained pretty harshly, let's not pretend like it did not happen. It is just forgotten because people are used to it. If they reminded it in every 3rd champion release, you would witness the fiesta.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=imywrYds,comment-id=0000000100000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-21T16:13:25.747+0000) > > If it was as often as Garen x Katarina interactions, it would be. > > Neeko happened once and people complained pretty harshly, let's not pretend like it did not happen. It is just forgotten because people are used to it. If they reminded it in every 3rd champion release, you would witness the fiesta. people are reminded by it constantly through the VO dude. let's not pretend it's not like that anymore. there is no fiesta. there will never be a fiesta
Fasmodey (EUW)
: I would list everything here I see as hints and you would pull your "it is just bromance" card which already with 8 characters already. Forbid one official gay couple in LoL, because that would be unbelivable. They are not narrative rioters but I think they know more than us. And no, it was DanielZklein that said Taliyah was trans, you are mistaken.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=imywrYds,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-21T16:09:55.832+0000) > > I would list everything here I see as hints and you would pull your "it is just bromance" card which already with 8 characters already. Forbid one official gay couple in LoL, because that would be unbelivable. > > They are not narrative rioters but I think they know more than us. And no, it was DanielZklein that said Taliyah was trans, you are mistaken. well that just means the hints are just your interpretation. which means they dont really actually point to anything and either way, no one is really for taliah being involved with the trans idea.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Graves and TF have a more intense relationship than Garen and Katarina lmao, and that could be because they don't have a canon relationship at all, which you don't have any problem somehow. :) If they put Graves x TF in every 3 champion interactions about how they are in love bla bla instead of Garen and Katarina, we wouldn't discuss anything but Graves and TF for months. Let's not lie to ourselves.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=imywrYds,comment-id=00000001000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-21T14:32:15.443+0000) > > Graves and TF have a more intense relationship than Garen and Katarina lmao, and that could be because they don't have a canon relationship at all, which you don't have any problem somehow. :) > > If they put Graves x TF in every 3 champion interactions about how they are in love bla bla instead of Garen and Katarina, we wouldn't discuss anything but Graves and TF for months. Let's not lie to ourselves. but you are wrong. rakan and xayah talk endlessly about their love, Vi is hinted to be lesbian I believe, neeko is lesbian and teases, and no one talks about them that much. (also, about the riot commenters, being in the same jail cell is not a hint toward what relationship characters have lol) in fact, the only people that talk about that often are those that complain about it.
Show more

TheMan292

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion