Terozu (NA)
: Physical manifestation means nothing if you can't act while manifested, until their pause is over the Shadow Isles are untouchable by the Kindred. We already know she will manifest to stop people from dying before they're supposed to. It happened in "A Good Death". The fact is that the Kindred would be useless as an ally in the Shadow Isles and none of their Q&A says otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=001400000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-21T22:52:29.128+0000) > > Physical manifestation means nothing if you can't act while manifested, until their pause is over the Shadow Isles are untouchable by the Kindred. > > > We already know she will manifest to stop people from dying before they're supposed to. It happened in "A Good Death". > > The fact is that the Kindred would be useless as an ally in the Shadow Isles and none of their Q&A says otherwise. how would they be useless if they manifested? you really think the black mist is has more control over death than Kindred? kindred manifesting would mean they can exert their power directly, which is antithetical to the denizens of the black isles. not only that, but Senna can properly leave this realm un-harmed by the mist with Kindred with her
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=0014000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T16:49:38.742+0000) > > you can check on the Q&A they had for Kindred back on release. I will find it though if you want me to personally do so While im not who you were addressing I would also love to see Kindred's Q&A again is you saved the link somewhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Blades in Exile,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=00140000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T17:27:52.114+0000) > > While im not who you were addressing I would also love to see Kindred's Q&A again is you saved the link somewhere. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/H8socwE1-new-champion-qa-kindred-the-eternal-hunters here you go!
Mogarl (NA)
: I'm curious if you have a source on this, or if you're just insisting that she can manifest.
> [{quoted}](name=Mogarl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=001400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T16:03:09.027+0000) > > I'm curious if you have a source on this, or if you're just insisting that she can manifest. you can check on the Q&A they had for Kindred back on release. I will find it though if you want me to personally do so
Terozu (NA)
: Lamb says herself that the Shadow Isles are a place they're not welcome. The Kindred do not decide who dies, they're only there when it happens. In a land where beings don't die, they're just an immortal being that can't actually interact with your enemies. It'd be like having a snarky AI that can't physically help you in any manner.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=0014000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:44:15.934+0000) > > Lamb says herself that the Shadow Isles are a place they're not welcome. > > The Kindred do not decide who dies, they're only there when it happens. In a land where beings don't die, they're just an immortal being that can't actually interact with your enemies. It'd be like having a snarky AI that can't physically help you in any manner. Lamb CAN physically do things if she were to manifest. she does not mean she literally cannot go there, she means the isles are hostile to her. the isles champions should've died, so they are very well in her domain.
Terozu (NA)
: Kindred is literally useless there.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2019-09-21T04:59:08.669+0000) > > Kindred is literally useless there. Kindred is not useless at all lol. Kindred actually hates the Black mist and its residents. and Kindred can be more than passive. they can manifest and be more than a little direct
: > [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0GmEMgzE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T01:34:11.156+0000) > > Such a long post to say "i want an asexual champion, and Nidalee fits the deal" > > But... there is an asexual champion already... {{champion:432}} > > In other hand, Nidalee in the old lore was canonically straight and dated a human male. Considering what happened with Varus, i dont think that Riot should change the already stablished sexuality of a champion again. Technically they never changed Varus sexuality they just created two new gay men and put him inside them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ifyouknowwhatimsayin'
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0GmEMgzE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-21T03:20:45.594+0000) > > Technically they never changed Varus sexuality they just created two new gay men and put him inside them > > ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) > > ifyouknowwhatimsayin' weren't you the one with the idea that it would've been better if it was a father and his son fused together? like the father was trying to get his son not to grab the bow in rage, and is now trapped trying to pull him away from Varus? it is a cool idea anyway, back on topic. you cant just assume people are disagreeing on you due to be "Cishet". reasons could more realistically be "just because she has not shown attraction does not mean you can conclude she lacks sexual attraction" to "well, she was raised by animals, so naturally she would follow instincts, such as reproduction".
: What champion quotes really are
they're not canon. that would mean everyone can see kindred that has quotes for them. they arent canon, devs have said it. therefore you are wrong in considering them canon
: I'm not a psychologist, but, Jhin is not "cold enough to take innocent lives" because he doesn't even recognize the ones that he kills as "persons"; for him, living beings are tools, the paint and the canvas that he uses for his art. Now i will take what it says in the a page about Pscyhopaths and what we know about Jhin, and compare: Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness: https://i.imgur.com/67kBv9O.png Check https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopathic-traits-and-characteristics-of-a-psychopath Glibness and superficial charm (a lot of people consider him a chaming person) Grandiose sense of self-worth ("I cannot be good. I must be perfection." "My talent justifies all actions.") Being conning and manipulative (He manipulated the maid in "The Man with the steel cane") Callousness and lack of empathy (This one is obvious) Failure to accept responsibility for own acts ("I never hurt anyone. It is the performance that kills." "My critics are... usually short-lived." "They call me mad. All artists are mad.") A lack of realistic, long-term goals (Wants to be the best artist of Runeterra... considering that his art is killing people in gruesome ways "My genius will be understood - eventually.") Impulsivity ("I am a slave to this passion." "It is only when the gun fires that I am alive." "I can't live without the euphoria of performance.") Irresponsibility ("An icon doesn't have to explain himself." "I'm misunderstood. Beauty can't be evil.") Poor behavior controls ("This art is a compulsion. I cannot resist it." "I envy silence... because I must be loud.") Revocation of conditional release (Well, the lore tell us that: "a cabal within the ruling council conspired to secretly free Jhin and turn him into a weapon of terror") Criminal versatility...
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NTs3H4XE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:53:05.662+0000) > > I'm not a psychologist, but, Jhin is not "cold enough to take innocent lives" because he doesn't even recognize the ones that he kills as "persons"; for him, living beings are tools, the paint and the canvas that he uses for his art. > > Now i will take what it says in the a page about Pscyhopaths and what we know about Jhin, and compare: > > Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness: https://i.imgur.com/67kBv9O.png Check > > https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopathic-traits-and-characteristics-of-a-psychopath > > Glibness and superficial charm (a lot of people consider him a chaming person) > Grandiose sense of self-worth ("I cannot be good. I must be perfection." "My talent justifies all actions.") > Being conning and manipulative (He manipulated the maid in "The Man with the steel cane") > Callousness and lack of empathy (This one is obvious) > Failure to accept responsibility for own acts ("I never hurt anyone. It is the performance that kills." "My critics are... usually short-lived." "They call me mad. All artists are mad.") > A lack of realistic, long-term goals (Wants to be the best artist of Runeterra... considering that his art is killing people in gruesome ways "My genius will be understood - eventually.") > Impulsivity ("I am a slave to this passion." "It is only when the gun fires that I am alive." "I can't live without the euphoria of performance.") > Irresponsibility ("An icon doesn't have to explain himself." "I'm misunderstood. Beauty can't be evil.") > Poor behavior controls ("This art is a compulsion. I cannot resist it." "I envy silence... because I must be loud.") > Revocation of conditional release (Well, the lore tell us that: "a cabal within the ruling council conspired to secretly free Jhin and turn him into a weapon of terror") > Criminal versatility... and to mention, Ted Bundy took on the persona of a normal, even popular person. psychopaths tend to be good actors. also that's my favorite line "I envy silence, because I must be loud"
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Just make a comic where he climbs mount targon and becomes ascended... because its a piece of cake for him. Then give poor Jax a VGU with fancy animal fetures that are linked to ascended beings. He already can kick ascended asses so imagine him being one.
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-09-20T13:04:41.576+0000) > > Just make a comic where he climbs mount targon and becomes ascended... because its a piece of cake for him. Then give poor Jax a VGU with fancy animal fetures that are linked to ascended beings. > > He already can kick ascended asses so imagine him being one. climbing targon does not give you animal features, it makes you an aspect. have the sun disc make you ascend is what makes you have animal features since it's less fusion with an aspect and more having its power shoved into you
Adder (OCE)
: A rioter said they were going to update his bio, which is why I don't take it as canon currently!
> [{quoted}](name=Adder,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T04:42:18.208+0000) > > A rioter said they were going to update his bio, which is why I don't take it as canon currently! ahh ok. makes sense then. will be looking forward to it
Bevdog101 (OCE)
: Draven powers and strengths
new dawn is not canon at all. anyway, Draven is about on par with other humans. if you've seen awaken, you will notice Riven deflect his axe, followed by him flawlessly dodging her next attack and catching his axe
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:10:59.546+0000) > > the old lore he was a mary sue. he could beat anyone literally no matter what. > > his character concept is not a force of nature. he was basically just chuck Norris the meme. his concept is a master at arms, hence being able to wield even a damn lamppost as a weapon You don't know what a mary sue is, or what a force of nature character is. The Joker is not a hurricane, a demon, or a god. He's a man - but his actual identity is subverted to facilitate the role as an agent of chaos. He is a force of nature **character**, not a literal force of nature. This is what Jax is - he has no background, no one has heard of him before he joined the league, he's all covered up but from his hands he's not even human. He's able to beat not just men but ancient eldritch monstrosities, with anything, even a lamppost. Jax is not a character, Jax is an idea.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T22:42:42.978+0000) > > You don't know what a mary sue is, or what a force of nature character is. > > The Joker is not a hurricane, a demon, or a god. He's a man - but his actual identity is subverted to facilitate the role as an agent of chaos. He is a force of nature **character**, not a literal force of nature. > > This is what Jax is - he has no background, no one has heard of him before he joined the league, he's all covered up but from his hands he's not even human. He's able to beat not just men but ancient eldritch monstrosities, with anything, even a lamppost. Jax is not a character, Jax is an idea. well Jax is a dumb idea then. I know what a force of nature character is, and Jax isnt one. Jax was just an unbeatable god. the Joker is an interesting character yet is still able to be defeated, quite regularly actually . being the incarnation of "Summon bigger fish" is just not a force of nature. embodying chaos, order, nature's wrath, infestation, THAT is a force of nature. Jax was,as mrmeddymen said, a painfully flat character.
: It is heavily implied in other champion's lines and his own. Akali: "Why are the hot ones always crazy?" Swain: "A child that has only known hate, confuses it for love" Shadow Assasin Kayn: "Zed now walks in my shadow"
> [{quoted}](name=ShiningBlackstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7RUzPBeH,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T05:25:45.700+0000) > > It is heavily implied in other champion's lines and his own. > Akali: "Why are the hot ones always crazy?" > Swain: "A child that has only known hate, confuses it for love" > Shadow Assasin Kayn: "Zed now walks in my shadow" I think thats the way a kid loves his father. I doubt Kayne loves Zed romantically
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:05:26.953+0000) > > I think he is referencing back to the old lore when Jax was an unbeatable mary sue. or he is just referring to the fact he had lived for centuries and faught the ascended along with surviving the disaster that was Icathia relatively unscathed It's not appropriate to call Jax a mary sue in a lore without an overarching narrative. He's an unknown character of no particular background who was able to stand up to and defeat the greatest champions of entire nations. It's more like he's the the anomalous outlier or the bigger fish - that idea that no matter how strong you are, there someone, somewhere out there that is still stronger. Jax is a force of nature character... trying to flesh him out and give him some deep backstory would be a betrayal of his character concept.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:51:57.380+0000) > > It's not appropriate to call Jax a mary sue in a lore without an overarching narrative. He's an unknown character of no particular background who was able to stand up to and defeat the greatest champions of entire nations. It's more like he's the the anomalous outlier or the bigger fish - that idea that no matter how strong you are, there someone, somewhere out there that is still stronger. > > Jax is a force of nature character... trying to flesh him out and give him some deep backstory would be a betrayal of his character concept. the old lore he was a mary sue. he could beat anyone literally no matter what. his character concept is not a force of nature. he was basically just chuck Norris the meme. his concept is a master at arms, hence being able to wield even a damn lamppost as a weapon
: > What do you want Taric to fight for, if not a flower And I told you ways I think would make it work to have him fight for a flower. Is that too hard?
> [{quoted}](name=Talos of Altmora,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=EvEjEpMq,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:07:20.525+0000) > > And I told you ways I think would make it work to have him fight for a flower. > > Is that too hard? dont negotiate with Hunkymenlordy. I disagree with some of your opinions, but this guy is a full out troll
: Why is he supposed to be the most badass tho..?
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-19T21:00:29.125+0000) > > Why is he supposed to be the most badass tho..? I think he is referencing back to the old lore when Jax was an unbeatable mary sue. or he is just referring to the fact he had lived for centuries and faught the ascended along with surviving the disaster that was Icathia relatively unscathed
Adder (OCE)
: He really doesn't have too much lore. We know his backstory which is very cool but we have no idea what he is doing nowadays. (I don't take his current bio as canon)
> [{quoted}](name=Adder,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:59:41.149+0000) > > He really doesn't have too much lore. We know his backstory which is very cool but we have no idea what he is doing nowadays. (I don't take his current bio as canon) is his Bio not updated? if it is its canon, no matter how you take it I still agree, he could definitely use more lore
Adder (OCE)
: Jax is just a purple lump. He's supposed to be THE bad ass of League.
can you elaborate on what he needs to be considered THE badass? he already has cool lore
ContraBL (NA)
: Yes two people on the opposite side fight and killing thing together but both have their wifes at home, that's what I meant, XD, I was tying to say the main reason I don't like this ship is because they look like what you said " two people on the opposite side fight and killing thing together, they don't look like husband and wife.
> [{quoted}](name=ContraBL,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QRE6E4Mn,comment-id=00030001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T17:05:55.941+0000) > > Yes two people on the opposite side fight and killing thing together but both have their wifes at home, that's what I meant, XD, I was tying to say the main reason I don't like this ship is because they look like what you said " two people on the opposite side fight and killing thing together, they don't look like husband and wife. neither have spouses at home. you know this, it's ok to admit you are trolling
ContraBL (NA)
: O my I know soldiers have gay relationship too in real life both in history or in morden days. Haha. But the main reason I don't like this ship is because they don't look like a couple, they are like two soilders in the war, killing things in front of them, but having their own wifes at home XDD
> [{quoted}](name=ContraBL,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QRE6E4Mn,comment-id=000300010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T16:10:25.589+0000) > > O my I know soldiers have gay relationship too in real life both in history or in morden days. Haha. But the main reason I don't like this ship is because they don't look like a couple, they are like two soilders in the war, killing things in front of them, but having their own wifes at home XDD Precisely. it's actually more likely for 2 people on opposing sides to be attracted than for 2 people to suddenly become gay. that's actually incredibly rare and likely as many recorded instances as you can count on your hand
ContraBL (NA)
: That's right , who do you think is more girly? Sona or Katana? XDD Who is taller?
> [{quoted}](name=ContraBL,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QRE6E4Mn,comment-id=0003000100010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T14:57:44.200+0000) > > That's right , who do you think is more girly? Sona or Katana? XDD Who is taller? dont know what you mean. anyway, soldiers on opposing sides, you know, the ones that kill each other, have fallen for each other in history
: > [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QRE6E4Mn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-17T15:50:31.476+0000) > > {{champion:122}} + {{champion:86}} > > The real paring > > Id wanna be the filling in that manwich DanteAxe approves! But according to lore Garen, and Katarina was always in a relationship. At least since s2.. Though i didn't saw them as romantic. More like 2 warrior who admire each others' skills. But it could be the good old fashioned Romeo+Juliet style. Except, that both are battle hardened warriors. It's not uncommon thing though, that soldiers on the opposite side are friendly to each other outside of the battlefield. I mean even in real history.
> [{quoted}](name=The Kombinator,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=QRE6E4Mn,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-09-17T16:23:40.180+0000) > > DanteAxe approves! > But according to lore Garen, and Katarina was always in a relationship. At least since s2.. Though i didn't saw them as romantic. More like 2 warrior who admire each others' skills. But it could be the good old fashioned Romeo+Juliet style. Except, that both are battle hardened warriors. > > It's not uncommon thing though, that soldiers on the opposite side are friendly to each other outside of the battlefield. I mean even in real history. whoa dont use logic man. that only makes the troll deranged troll angry
: > [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jy9AAMvu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:17:28.530+0000) > > They're becoming more related to in game lore and approaching canonicity but no. {{champion:82}} {{champion:80}} interactions actually addressed characters from the lens of sharing a universe instead of the normal interactions which are just taunty non-sequitars that seem like they are actually coming from the players breaking the fourth wall that know they are just playing a competitive video game. > > So they are much more enjoyable to listen to now, but still non-canon. Mordekaiser can't interact with anyone because he is still "dead" atm and Pantheon hasn't actually met Aurelion Sol, any Demacians etc. It's just what-ifs, granted now they are plausible what-ifs that actually could happen instead of meaningless jabs. Who said anything about pan and mord? I'm talking about the taunts of all champions in general
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jy9AAMvu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:38:03.764+0000) > > Who said anything about pan and mord? I'm talking about the taunts of all champions in general dude cmon. he was providing an answer and 2 examples. he is saying none of them are canon. he was very clear about that
: I want to guess its because Noxus is expansionist and wants everything to be a part of their empire, and everything is Kled's territory but he's always looking for more. But then again, I know fuck all about most lore, so maybe I'm wrong. For the other stuff, yeah, would like some explanation on those.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tVdEG0PF,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:44:36.882+0000) > > I want to guess its because Noxus is expansionist and wants everything to be a part of their empire, and everything is Kled's territory but he's always looking for more. But then again, I know fuck all about most lore, so maybe I'm wrong. > > For the other stuff, yeah, would like some explanation on those. HERE'S ONE FOR JHIN what inspired him to make Whisper (or in the case he didnt make it, what makes him prefer the powerful gun to the elegant blade)
: I want to guess its because Noxus is expansionist and wants everything to be a part of their empire, and everything is Kled's territory but he's always looking for more. But then again, I know fuck all about most lore, so maybe I'm wrong. For the other stuff, yeah, would like some explanation on those.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tVdEG0PF,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:44:36.882+0000) > > I want to guess its because Noxus is expansionist and wants everything to be a part of their empire, and everything is Kled's territory but he's always looking for more. But then again, I know fuck all about most lore, so maybe I'm wrong. > > For the other stuff, yeah, would like some explanation on those. I can understand the expansionist ideals, but what I'm wondering is what made someone as individualistic as Kled, decide to fight for a nation. what made him agree with its beliefs more than others ,(and I believe he also dislikes bandle city)
: What small lore/character development things do you want to see?
1. suppose I would like to know what aspects of Noxus were the ones that made Kled decide he liked the nation. he hates just about everything after all 2. due to their spiritual natures, if Skaarl and Kled are symbiotic in their relationship 3. is Kled aware it's his fault that he is insane. I also geuss I have one for veigar. does he have vestiges of a moral compass, or is he truly just bad at being evil. it would be interesting to know just where he stands.
: Old Post got deleted so, about the new Ezreal.
so you hate some voicelines. this belongs on the Rants forum
: I don't know if I want Elementalist to become canon, but there are a lot of good story ideas here.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ywZMVfFt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T20:42:33.122+0000) > > I don't know if I want Elementalist to become canon, but there are a lot of good story ideas here. honestly dont understand the love it for it. but I do agree with the latter part. meeting morgana would be cool
Adder (OCE)
: Skin line would be absolutely better as there is less risk for fucking up and not necessarily needing to adhere to strict lore restrictions. They can explore concepts and see what works and what doesn't and eventually possibly move on to more.
> [{quoted}](name=Adder,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jmghElF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T05:39:54.467+0000) > > Skin line would be absolutely better as there is less risk for fucking up and not necessarily needing to adhere to strict lore restrictions. They can explore concepts and see what works and what doesn't and eventually possibly move on to more. well I suppose it depends more on the length. but whether it's a whole series or special 5 episode event, a sizable portion will be very unhappy a skin line is getting more attention that the actual world
Adder (OCE)
: I am begging riot right now... BEGGING..
I think people would pissed if that happened lol. imagine a skin line getting a show while the main universe does not
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T00:16:48.405+0000) > > Replace mages with jewish, polish, black, white, asian, irish etc and youll see why it doesnt matter. those guys can use magic? wow I never knew. poor comparison. mages really do have otherworldly power that they themselves can command.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003000000000000000100000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-14T04:45:10.497+0000) > > Youve never taken a history course have you? The witch trials were witch trials for a reason. There are people in this world that think advanced weaponry is magic to this day. I have taken history, I actually have some sizable knowledge in it. I also remember in history that none of the witches had magical powers. mages in League of legends, on the other hand, do. strengthen your argument. especially if you are going to say petty insults
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T20:09:38.995+0000) > > once you state circumstances are irrelevant, this whole argument is pointless. > > you keep ignoring these mages killed civilians, nobles, and soldiers. you keep ignoring the danger these mages represent. > > what jarvan did in taking as many mages as possible is wrong. but the act of being suspicious toward mages is RIGHT. > > and I have already agreed that Sylas will have an easier time. but that only depends on how effective the seekers are at getting mages locked up. you also forget lux will effect the recruitment of mages Replace mages with jewish, polish, black, white, asian, irish etc and youll see why it doesnt matter.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T00:16:48.405+0000) > > Replace mages with jewish, polish, black, white, asian, irish etc and youll see why it doesnt matter. those guys can use magic? wow I never knew. poor comparison. mages really do have otherworldly power that they themselves can command.
: Can we tell Lux's and Garen's height from the lux's#5 comic?
honestly I've noticed women are just shorter nowadays in real life too
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T19:44:16.817+0000) > > I agree, I literally stated what jarvan is doing targeting EVERY SINGLE MAGE is making sylas' more appealing. > > but what Sylas did has also scared the normal mages into not even wanting to be with him. mages can escape to a new place OTHER than sylas. > > and YOU are the one being emotional. you claim Jarvan is just a flat out bigot despite the circumstances and acting like this flaw of his is just an irredeemable evil. Circumstances are irrelevant. Again, you dont get a pass because youre pissy a mage killed daddy. Hes still a bigot. And the reality of the situation is that they will flock, in droves, to sylas. It doesnt matter if he is right or wrong, once the demacians start rounding up their families theyll have no choice. Again, this is plainly clear and evident in real life actions and examples.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000000300000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T19:51:34.768+0000) > > Circumstances are irrelevant. Again, you dont get a pass because youre pissy a mage killed daddy. Hes still a bigot. > > And the reality of the situation is that they will flock, in droves, to sylas. It doesnt matter if he is right or wrong, once the demacians start rounding up their families theyll have no choice. Again, this is plainly clear and evident in real life actions and examples. once you state circumstances are irrelevant, this whole argument is pointless. you keep ignoring these mages killed civilians, nobles, and soldiers. you keep ignoring the danger these mages represent. what jarvan did in taking as many mages as possible is wrong. but the act of being suspicious toward mages is RIGHT. and I have already agreed that Sylas will have an easier time. but that only depends on how effective the seekers are at getting mages locked up. you also forget lux will effect the recruitment of mages
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000000300000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-13T16:57:07.063+0000) > > and if Jarvan took absolutely no action the whole country would be pissed off. > > stop acting like ONLY his dad was killed. and the actions he is taking, while wrong since the extent is so big, only makes it MORE difficult for sylas. it makes him have an easier time spreading his message, but harder actually recruiting people since they are all going to get arrested > > (and then there is the fact it does not take a genius to know this is sylas' fault. the comic literally have a family of mages discussing it, showing it wont be so easy to recruit Thats not how terrorism works. Sylas is a terrorist. The decree and injunction against all mages will only strengthen sylas, as he is the only option mages have. There are LITERAL real world examples of this, many of which are still occurring today. Mages have no choice but to become radicalized because the only other option is unjust persecution.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T17:27:02.339+0000) > > Thats not how terrorism works. Sylas is a terrorist. The decree and injunction against all mages will only strengthen sylas, as he is the only option mages have. There are LITERAL real world examples of this, many of which are still occurring today. > > Mages have no choice but to become radicalized because the only other option is unjust persecution. I agree, I literally stated what jarvan is doing targeting EVERY SINGLE MAGE is making sylas' more appealing. but what Sylas did has also scared the normal mages into not even wanting to be with him. mages can escape to a new place OTHER than sylas. and YOU are the one being emotional. you claim Jarvan is just a flat out bigot despite the circumstances and acting like this flaw of his is just an irredeemable evil.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-09-12T17:22:48.490+0000) > > That.... Still makes him a bigot? You can try to hide it behind false reason and excuses.... Doesnt change what it is. Bigots are humans too. I don't know why we can't be open minded with characters that have unlikeable traits. Like when Qiyana comes out and everyone is like "ugh she's so full of herself" completely missing the point that now this character has an arc and could potentially go on a journey and maybe change at the least. And even if not at least they're different, some kind of unique identifier to them instead of some Mary Sue,/ White Knight Paladin perfect paladin. {{champion:145}} These are the uninteresting champs not new J4 and Qiyana because they aren't so shallow. J4 will obviously eventually come around in the story. Lets just give Riot time to explore this avenue of the character.
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030001,timestamp=2019-09-13T15:48:50.177+0000) > > Bigots are humans too. I don't know why we can't be open minded with characters that have unlikeable traits. Like when Qiyana comes out and everyone is like "ugh she's so full of herself" completely missing the point that now this character has an arc and could potentially go on a journey and maybe change at the least. And even if not at least they're different, some kind of unique identifier to them instead of some Mary Sue,/ White Knight Paladin perfect paladin. > > {{champion:145}} These are the uninteresting champs not new J4 and Qiyana because they aren't so shallow. J4 will obviously eventually come around in the story. Lets just give Riot time to explore this avenue of the character. and I agree with this. I dont get why we can love characters that are serial killers and such, yet someone with discriminatory views (views that unlike real life have actual points) is unforgivable
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T02:28:16.814+0000) > > he's not allowed to have emotion? that is NOT how being a ruler works. in an ideal world, yes it does, but this is a world where things are more complicated. > > when I say logical, I mean it simply makes sense how he is reacting. you act as if his father was assassinated at a time when nothing was happening. IF that was the case, I'd agree with you. but the truth is Sylas made mages seem more than responsible (and were OPENLY PLANNING to do it anyway). > > and while I disagree with him targeting EVERY mage, Jarvan is ABSOLUTELY correct to be suspicious of mages since they could be with sylas (associate with a terrorist will likely make you one too). > > oh, and a mages did not just "kill daddy". they killed soldiers, nobles, and even citizens as collateral damage. stop ignoring that Except this entire thing should backfire in his face, as these policies only HELP sylas. Seriously, in every sense of the word jarvan is acting like a bigoted moron. Indiscriminate targetting of all mages will just make them flock to sylas. Viewing them as "any of them could be with him" will literally make them all be with him because there is no alternative. The real world equivalant is how the US keeps fucking up literally every single "war on terror" we go into. Once you continually target innocent civilians then theyll just join the group you originally wanted gone.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-13T14:04:39.580+0000) > > Except this entire thing should backfire in his face, as these policies only HELP sylas. Seriously, in every sense of the word jarvan is acting like a bigoted moron. > > Indiscriminate targetting of all mages will just make them flock to sylas. Viewing them as "any of them could be with him" will literally make them all be with him because there is no alternative. > > The real world equivalant is how the US keeps fucking up literally every single "war on terror" we go into. Once you continually target innocent civilians then theyll just join the group you originally wanted gone. and if Jarvan took absolutely no action the whole country would be pissed off. stop acting like ONLY his dad was killed. and the actions he is taking, while wrong since the extent is so big, only makes it MORE difficult for sylas. it makes him have an easier time spreading his message, but harder actually recruiting people since they are all going to get arrested (and then there is the fact it does not take a genius to know this is sylas' fault. the comic literally have a family of mages discussing it, showing it wont be so easy to recruit
: So no more animated login?
well, for about a whole year we've been told they are going away so you can get into the game faster
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-09-13T00:19:48.852+0000) > > these are not false reasons and excuses that I am giving out. Jarvan's reaction is COMPLETELY logical. > > let's see here. was it all peaceful in the perfect country of Demacia one day, Jarvan having a nice cup of tea and then suddenly BLAM he walks in on his dead father and blames Mages? no. it was not like that at all. > > instead, we have a character who was raised in a culture that was weary of mages from the start. we have Sylas coming out of nowhere with a lot of lackeys killing soldiers and even civilians as collateral damage, and THEN we have his dad die. > > Jarvan was blindsided and saw the very worst of what mages could do at a time should've been peaceful. he saw his DAD die, the very one who was gonna free them from oppression, during the rebellion. and now you expect him to instantly think "I'm gonna free then anyway"? it would be not only unrealistic of a reaction, but very destabilizing to the political climate (and would make violence seem like a good way to get what you want) > > this is a grey area. it's important to remember also this is not like when Egypt enslaved hebrews and when basically all of the globe enslaved Africans. Mages and magic really is INCREDIBLY dangerous Hes. Still. A. Fucking. Bigot. Doesnt matter what his reason is, he still is. No, its not a logical response, its an emotional response. Emotion is, by definition, not logical. You dont get an "i hate mages and am directly creating legislation to fuck them" pass just cuz a mage killed daddy. Youre a leader of a country, you dont get to have emotions. You dont get to be upset someone assassinated your father. You have a duty to all those within your country, and all those without. Including the mages.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T01:45:12.220+0000) > > Hes. Still. A. Fucking. Bigot. > > Doesnt matter what his reason is, he still is. No, its not a logical response, its an emotional response. Emotion is, by definition, not logical. > > You dont get an "i hate mages and am directly creating legislation to fuck them" pass just cuz a mage killed daddy. Youre a leader of a country, you dont get to have emotions. You dont get to be upset someone assassinated your father. You have a duty to all those within your country, and all those without. Including the mages. he's not allowed to have emotion? that is NOT how being a ruler works. in an ideal world, yes it does, but this is a world where things are more complicated. when I say logical, I mean it simply makes sense how he is reacting. you act as if his father was assassinated at a time when nothing was happening. IF that was the case, I'd agree with you. but the truth is Sylas made mages seem more than responsible (and were OPENLY PLANNING to do it anyway). and while I disagree with him targeting EVERY mage, Jarvan is ABSOLUTELY correct to be suspicious of mages since they could be with sylas (associate with a terrorist will likely make you one too). oh, and a mages did not just "kill daddy". they killed soldiers, nobles, and even citizens as collateral damage. stop ignoring that
: Yet, he has faced far worse than Sylas, the death of his father, and people. He knows what is at stake in battle, he is a well-trained soldier, who has seen death by the plenty, and a Dragon. He is a successful general, signalling of competence, logic, and strong strategist. Him then magically becoming a bigot is rather odd, since Syvanna saved him, the dragon, a creature that can only be described as magic. He would be going against Syvanna, a magical creature that saved him. This has nothing to do with him being "human", if we follow his lore and his personality, he would understand the hatred, but want to resolve it as peaceful as he can, without destroying his home. The only mages he would kill would be mages like Sylas, but even that would stetting the bar too high, he would try to stop him, but not kill him. He knows Sylas is a Demacian, and may even understand why he fights because he is Demacian. Sylas must be fighting for justice in Jarvans mind. The comic goes against his virtues and ideals. He is a lot smarter, kinder, chiller, and logical that this comic makes him out to be. Not to mention he sound awful a lot like an ENFJ, which can give a better idea of who he may be.
> [{quoted}](name=HyperTechno,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-09-12T22:50:12.120+0000) > > Yet, he has faced far worse than Sylas, the death of his father, and people. He knows what is at stake in battle, he is a well-trained soldier, who has seen death by the plenty, and a Dragon. He is a successful general, signalling of competence, logic, and strong strategist. > > Him then magically becoming a bigot is rather odd, since Syvanna saved him, the dragon, a creature that can only be described as magic. He would be going against Syvanna, a magical creature that saved him. This has nothing to do with him being "human", if we follow his lore and his personality, he would understand the hatred, but want to resolve it as peaceful as he can, without destroying his home. The only mages he would kill would be mages like Sylas, but even that would stetting the bar too high, he would try to stop him, but not kill him. He knows Sylas is a Demacian, and may even understand why he fights because he is Demacian. Sylas must be fighting for justice in Jarvans mind. > > The comic goes against his virtues and ideals. He is a lot smarter, kinder, chiller, and logical that this comic makes him out to be. Not to mention he sound awful a lot like an ENFJ, which can give a better idea of who he may be. it's important to separate the human being Jarvan from the idea of Jarvan. Having your citizens and father killed by a sudden attack by mages in a culture already afraid of them takes its toll to even the most noble. of course, it's also important to know we may just disagree on the character of Jarvan
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-11T19:37:01.416+0000) > > well, they DID kill his dad and many innocents just now. > > the truth is that with Demacia's culture, it would be a HORRIBLE idea not to crackdown on mages when something like the rebellion happened. could you imagine the uproar? > > J4 is not being a bigot, he is reacting both like a human being and as someone trying to keep the country stable (the comic even makes it a point its Sylas' fault this is happening) That.... Still makes him a bigot? You can try to hide it behind false reason and excuses.... Doesnt change what it is.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-09-12T17:22:48.490+0000) > > That.... Still makes him a bigot? You can try to hide it behind false reason and excuses.... Doesnt change what it is. these are not false reasons and excuses that I am giving out. Jarvan's reaction is COMPLETELY logical. let's see here. was it all peaceful in the perfect country of Demacia one day, Jarvan having a nice cup of tea and then suddenly BLAM he walks in on his dead father and blames Mages? no. it was not like that at all. instead, we have a character who was raised in a culture that was weary of mages from the start. we have Sylas coming out of nowhere with a lot of lackeys killing soldiers and even civilians as collateral damage, and THEN we have his dad die. Jarvan was blindsided and saw the very worst of what mages could do at a time should've been peaceful. he saw his DAD die, the very one who was gonna free them from oppression, during the rebellion. and now you expect him to instantly think "I'm gonna free then anyway"? it would be not only unrealistic of a reaction, but very destabilizing to the political climate (and would make violence seem like a good way to get what you want) this is a grey area. it's important to remember also this is not like when Egypt enslaved hebrews and when basically all of the globe enslaved Africans. Mages and magic really is INCREDIBLY dangerous
: Lux embracing her magic and making it her own
ehh, Jarvan is more than redeemable. Sylas, on the other hand, would need a VERY good redemption arc to justify redeeming himself (one might even say only redemption by death is appropriate)
EliFrost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-11T19:37:01.416+0000) > > well, they DID kill his dad and many innocents just now. > > the truth is that with Demacia's culture, it would be a HORRIBLE idea not to crackdown on mages when something like the rebellion happened. could you imagine the uproar? > > J4 is not being a bigot, he is reacting both like a human being and as someone trying to keep the country stable (the comic even makes it a point its Sylas' fault this is happening) Sylas and his gang didn't kill J3. He was dead before they arrived.
> [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=lj99q2pb,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-12T02:20:02.020+0000) > > Sylas and his gang didn't kill J3. He was dead before they arrived. yeah, but when a mage rebellion happens and THEN the king dies, the fastest assumption one will make (especially when said king is your dad) is that the mages did it.
: It's Hard To Reconcile J4's Character Now
well, they DID kill his dad and many innocents just now. the truth is that with Demacia's culture, it would be a HORRIBLE idea not to crackdown on mages when something like the rebellion happened. could you imagine the uproar? J4 is not being a bigot, he is reacting both like a human being and as someone trying to keep the country stable (the comic even makes it a point its Sylas' fault this is happening)
: Pianist Jhin for his day job skin. Just let him play the piano in-game. He's so good at it but he's confined to videos like Awaken and Esports performances.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=tvPxdzE7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-11T11:22:43.894+0000) > > Pianist Jhin for his day job skin. > Just let him play the piano in-game. He's so good at it but he's confined to videos like Awaken and Esports performances. he will show Sona who the REAL musician is (knowing how to play the piano instantly makes you 4 times as cool)
: Xerath is being oppressed...
I agree, he should get new skins. However, I really hope they would not look like special edition chromas
Jaredan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XWm3YEzt,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-09T20:45:18.585+0000) > > did you write it? if yes, you did a damn good job. if not, tell the person I said he/she did a damn good job Nope, not me! That was WAAAAARGHBOBO.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaredan,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XWm3YEzt,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T22:04:02.525+0000) > > Nope, not me! That was WAAAAARGHBOBO. thank you! well then. you did a damn good job WAAAAARGHBOBO. wherever you are
Jaredan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XWm3YEzt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-31T00:53:48.926+0000) > > really it was quite unique. it was eldritch horror but with warrior culture aspects. it was a combination you just plain dont see One of my faves.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaredan,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XWm3YEzt,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-09T20:35:24.198+0000) > > One of my faves. did you write it? if yes, you did a damn good job. if not, tell the person I said he/she did a damn good job
: Definitely not, I would love to see a chembaron as a champion. I think Baron Voss would actually already be a good candidate. We don't know how she looks like, so Riot has quite some freedom with her design. She has a relationship with Urgot already, since she used to run the Dredge in which he was imprisoned before he started the revolution and took over, which would give her even more reason to hate Urgot besides him being out to kill chembarons. And it also gives her a reason why she is not the type of chembaron who just wants to sit back and oversee her business. She would want to take Urgot out herself, since he damaged her reputation so much and withstand her torture back then. Her sadistic personality could be interesting as well. And it could finally give us a chemtech augmented female.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f5mKRFTj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-09T08:05:15.880+0000) > > Definitely not, I would love to see a chembaron as a champion. > > I think Baron Voss would actually already be a good candidate. We don't know how she looks like, so Riot has quite some freedom with her design. > She has a relationship with Urgot already, since she used to run the Dredge in which he was imprisoned before he started the revolution and took over, which would give her even more reason to hate Urgot besides him being out to kill chembarons. > > And it also gives her a reason why she is not the type of chembaron who just wants to sit back and oversee her business. She would want to take Urgot out herself, since he damaged her reputation so much and withstand her torture back then. > Her sadistic personality could be interesting as well. > > And it could finally give us a chemtech augmented female. that's a really cool idea. I could imagine Urgot would actually want to thank her for what she did to him
: > [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f5mKRFTj,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-09T01:37:31.621+0000) > > > **Baron Unknown** > https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/565/903/large/victor-maury-vmaury-urgot-squarebaron.jpg?1499582171 > > Current Status: Deceased > Related Champions: {{champion:6}} > > We don‘t know the name of this poor guy, just his insignia and that he is a chembaron who gets killed by Urgot on his splashart. > But I guess he has been a little fish compared to me and the other people mentioned in this thread here. So... This is a topic of chembarons that we know, or not?
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f5mKRFTj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-09T02:46:06.633+0000) > > So... This is a topic of chembarons that we know, or not? well we know whoever that was was a chembaron. that and I think the tattoo Urgot is getting in his splash was that chembaron's insignia. I'd say its grounds to put on here
Show more

TheMan292

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion