: Sejuani is hypersexualized. You cant see it because her champion is 80% Grizzle the boar. Sejuani herself is sexualized and skimpy
Before rework yes (now traditional skin). Current Sej may actually be more covered up than Shen...and Trynd+Olaf
: that was back when every game could easily last 40 minutes to an hour and even more. Most people like myself only wanted the game to end in under an hour so that break times and etc didn't overlap with class times
Yeah. Problem solved, TYVM. I don't get it, do you people LIKE mindless stalling time and cowardly turtling?
: "...can we blame China..." It's literally in the title. Sure, we totally believe you're not xenophobic. I guess if you can say all this slander about China, I can say: "Can we blame Middle Easterners for mucking up Europe with worthless refugees and forcing their disgusting halal food into our supermarkets?"
Yeah, you're totally blaming the Chinese server. The big, blocky computer that doesn't do anything but suck up game data all day and beep/boop. No, it's stupidly obvious you're blaming Chinese players and their gaming culture or whatever, trying scapegoat them to make it seem likes they're some huge problem for NA (you still haven't given a single piece of evidence to prove that any real problems are popping up). And likewise, even though I mean Syrians, I say Middle Easterners to obnoxiously pin the blame on y'all. Just like how you say "China" instead of "Chinese Server" to obnoxiously pin the blame on all China.
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=00040000000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T17:51:04.141+0000) > > You just got bodied in the talk we had up there. All this “blame China” business is starting to sound an awful lot like “blame Jews”. > > Give me one reason I shouldn’t report you? Replace “China” with “Jews” with what you’ve been babbling on about and this thread wouldn’t even exist. > > Explain that. Re-read my title. Actually let me bring it here. "This just made me think (part 2)..can we blame China or Tencent (or both) for how League has become?" Does that mean i'm blaming a country? No (though i probably should have added "severs", my bad on that one). Does that mean i'm blaming Tencent? No. I don't even know if they are responsible for how League has become. I didn't go "China and Tencent are the reason why League is bad! Nuke them to oblivion!"
"...can we blame China..." It's literally in the title. Sure, we totally believe you're not xenophobic. I guess if you can say all this slander about China, I can say: "Can we blame Middle Easterners for mucking up Europe with worthless refugees and forcing their disgusting halal food into our supermarkets?"
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=000400000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T16:18:02.165+0000) > > Said the xenophobic turd who can’t actually win an argument. > > If anything, you’re the one who should get reported. Argument about what? The topic i'm having i'm not even on 1 side of it, and was even asking other people's opinion about it. What does Xenophobia even have to do with all this? What the hell you're babbling about? Give me 1 good reason why i should even keep replying to you and not report you.
You just got bodied in the talk we had up there. All this “blame China” business is starting to sound an awful lot like “blame Jews”. Give me one reason I shouldn’t report you? Replace “China” with “Jews” (you wouldn’t have the balls) with what you’ve been babbling on about and this thread wouldn’t even exist. Are you TRYING to sound like a literal Nazi?
: I want more badass women and less loli's and sexual characters tbh Like, {{champion:89}} is a badass but randomly has heels on. It's just annoying sometimes even if it's just small things like that. I don't really care one way or another, I just prefer darker/stronger characters than League gives me usually. Just wish Riot would let more female characters be rough like {{champion:420}} Then again I like ugly/evil characters and wish there were more of them {{champion:6}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:223}}{{champion:9}}
{{champion:78}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:421}} {{champion:113}} All badass, covered, largely unsexualized females (recent too) Who are all extremely unpopular and get virtually no praise. Hasn’t riot already experimented with these designs? And realized that people don’t actually like them/there’s not actually a market for them?
: ***
And I should report you for racism for insinuating a race of people is to blame for leagues nonexistent problems (I just proved your logic is laugably wrong). Are just looking for an excuse to bash Chinese people? Very suspicious. Anyhow, the point of playing late game champs is clear: their win rates are perfectly fine (looking at you, kass), I have no idea what you’re even worried about. Late game champions don’t appear to have “troll pick” levels of win/pick statistics and there’s nothing to indicate so in the future. Again, all the facts are telling you to go screw your self. Spreading Sinophobia should also be reportable. Imagine if you said something along the lines of Jewish people (your ass would be off the boards in a heartbeat). I could also argue middle easterners who are such a small, insignificant portion of the community (who don’t deserve a voice) are to blame for cluttering the voice of the community with useless, borderline xenophobic suggestions.
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T01:00:32.573+0000) > > ...Vel'Koz? You mean the champ that has >50% WR on many different sources? On both of his roles? > > * https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Velkoz/ > (53% WTF) > > * http://na.op.gg/champion/velkoz/statistics/mid > > * https://champion.gg/champion/Velkoz/Middle > > Oh, and according to op.gg: > > **Kassadin has both >53% wr and 11% pr.** > > Why on earth do you think late champs are "nothing but troll picks" when all the evidence is slapping your shit? > > > Too stupid to understand your champ has decent winrates all around? > > **Blame China** > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Vel'Koz support. I play that squid on mid lane because mages support is an abomination. He's a decent champion and well balanced, but isn't exactly much popular except support. I know my champion well enough on how he works. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
...both his supp and mid wr are fine. What's your point? Are you just mad he's not broken?
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T23:45:59.671+0000) > > There is many of the above: > > Strategy: Learning not to get cheesed for no reason in the first 10 minutes of the game because there’s nothing you can do to bail yourself out if you play stupid. Honestly? There’s MORE teamwork now because of how people are more likely to get cheesed early and you have time to react to your teammate getting wrecked early, instead of having a teammate get sniped late game and you immediately lose baron/the game. > > Skill: Braindead facerollers have been getting phased out over the past 5 years > > Teamwork: working with your team to bust the guy your ADC fed so you don’t auto lose the game > > Patience (your definition): playing like complete morons for the first 20 minutes and then stalling for 20 more minutes until some moron gets caught with their pants down and you instalose. > > Also, isn’t it super obvious that dark harvest is the one super broken thing (feral flare, cleaver) that Riot quickly erases from the game? > > What’s so hard about teamwork now? You keep saying that but with virtually zero evidence. > > ...you mean you haven’t heard the thousands of outside gamers always saying they don’t play league because the game takes too long? That alone is the single biggest reason why people say they DO. NOT. PLAY. THIS. GAME. > > Honestly? It’s better for games to be shorter so there’s no more annoying ass turtle strategies that do nothing but pad out games with useless, stale time and increase the chance of someone going AFK and ruining the game. I really don’t miss the days when teams did nothing but camp out at inhib turrets and spend half the game split pushing. "you mean you haven’t heard the thousands of outside gamers always saying they don’t play league because the game takes too long? That alone is the single biggest reason why people say they DO. NOT. PLAY. THIS. GAME. Honestly? It’s better for games to be shorter so there’s no more annoying ass turtle strategies that do nothing but pad out games with useless, stale time and increase the chance of someone going AFK and ruining the game. I really don’t miss the days when teams did nothing but camp out at inhib turrets and spend half the game split pushing." Fine then. Then the late game champions are nothing more but troll picks then. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Here's the glimpse of bias from me. I'm a {{champion:161}} main, and my squid is strongest in the late game where i feel most useful, dangerous, and powerful. What about those players who main those late game champions eh? Screw them right? Should be perma banned for picking late game champions because some impatient kids want this game to end in under 20 minutes?
...Vel'Koz? You mean the champ that has >50% WR on many different sources? On both of his roles? * https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Velkoz/ (53% WTF) * http://na.op.gg/champion/velkoz/statistics/mid * https://champion.gg/champion/Velkoz/Middle Oh, and according to op.gg: **Kassadin has both >53% wr and 11% pr.** Why on earth do you think late champs are "nothing but troll picks" when all the evidence is slapping your shit? Too stupid to understand your champ has decent winrates all around? **Blame China** {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T18:15:30.722+0000) > > ... > > One of the biggest things people criticize about this game is that games take too long and they don’t want to sit through it all. > > They’ve been harping about games in League being too long and unleavable for almost a decade now. Late game should be possible, but NOT impossible. League is supposed to be with patience, strategy, team work, and skill. But all we got is a fast pacing game that discourages patience, having Dark Harvest as broken as hell making strategy nothing but troll build, while team work is near impossible anyway, it's already hard to solo carry, and this game is officially little to no skills because of how much damage there is. If you don't want the match to reach late game, it's your job to not make it reach late game. Not cry to riot and demand faster matches. This even makes many late game champions unviable.
There is many of the above: Strategy: Learning not to get cheesed for no reason in the first 10 minutes of the game because there’s nothing you can do to bail yourself out if you play stupid. Honestly? There’s MORE teamwork now because of how people are more likely to get cheesed early and you have time to react to your teammate getting wrecked early, instead of having a teammate get sniped late game and you immediately lose baron/the game. Skill: Braindead facerollers have been getting phased out over the past 5 years Teamwork: working with your team to bust the guy your ADC fed so you don’t auto lose the game Patience (your definition): playing like complete morons for the first 20 minutes and then stalling for 20 more minutes until some moron gets caught with their pants down and you instalose. Also, isn’t it super obvious that dark harvest is the one super broken thing (feral flare, cleaver) that Riot quickly erases from the game? What’s so hard about teamwork now? You keep saying that but with virtually zero evidence. > late game champions unviable > forums cry about nerfing Jax for weeks ...you mean you haven’t heard the thousands of outside gamers always saying they don’t play league because the game takes too long? That alone is the single biggest reason why people say they DO. NOT. PLAY. THIS. GAME. Honestly? It’s better for games to be shorter so there’s no more annoying ass turtle strategies that do nothing but pad out games with useless, stale time and increase the chance of someone going AFK and ruining the game. I really don’t miss the days when teams did nothing but camp out at inhib turrets and spend half the game split pushing.
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T13:44:36.433+0000) > > So you’re mad Riot finally decided to fix one of the biggest and most consistent criticisms of league? Fix what biggest criticism? We said their is too much damage, they add more damage. We said turrets are paper and snowballing is strong, they make turrets money bags and make snowballing even stronger. They are like thing 1 and 2 from Cat in a Hat. Are these what you mean? If that's not the "criticism" you're talking about then I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about.
... One of the biggest things people criticize about this game is that games take too long and they don’t want to sit through it all. They’ve been harping about games in League being too long and unleavable for almost a decade now.
: 300 of which went to champions you don't play anymore because their reworks either sucked or made them permabans {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
If their reworks sucked you probably had bad taste in champs to begin with and deserve every last hit
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jorencice,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAI1AZQE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-30T11:22:32.114+0000) > > Western gamers are simply going to have to learn to enjoy the eastern way. > > They outnumber us like 15 to 1 so why wouldnt a company listen to them over us. What eastern way? This is literally the Asian way, which is damage the other to oblivion and 1 shot in less than 1 second, damage overload and very short games with very strong snowballing (even stronger than before). Hell, I'm from the Middle East and I'm not enjoying this damage non-sense. I feel like I'm cheating or something. This is more or less a big cater to the internet cafe in the Asian regions for the sake of faster games which equals to more game in a place with limited time.
So you’re mad Riot finally decided to fix one of the biggest and most consistent criticisms of league?
FyreWall (NA)
: I have vayne because she has powerful consistent damage, great mobility, great CC, and invisibility making her neigh impossible to kill.
Also: * No poke * No AOE (unless she's trolling) * Forced to constantly AA to dash * Only ADC punished for being forced to switch targets
Bârd (NA)
: {{champion:6}} old W was cool, and they preserved it to some degree. His old ult went away entirely, which is a shame because it was awesome. {{champion:50}} retained nothing. This isn't even remotely similar to the old Swain. {{champion:266}} retained his old play pattern (extreme aggression), his sustain, and his revive. Unfortunately, most of his mechanics were changed entirely. {{champion:3}} retained his taunt and his MR. Everything else changed completely.
{{champion:6}} ...wasn't his old W just Frozen Mallet? {{champion:50}} He retained nothing because it turns out "Simultaneously hit all the keys on your keyboard and left click towards the enemy" isn't actually a sustainable playstyle. {{champion:266}} Because said mechanics are on like every single diver in the game and they couldn't think of a way to rehash them for the trillionth time in MOBA history. {{champion:3}} Now has more character depth and uniqueness than ever before. Also: old Galio, Lux called: she wanted her stale-ass skillshot spells back.
cabbysb (NA)
: There is hardly any strategy in this game anymore
Moody P (NA)
: You literally have no concept of what you're on about. Please don't bother me after this response. >1) You mean to tell me the ONE thing that distinguishes this champion is a tiny aoe knockup around him? And his ult. No other fighter is able to affect multiple people to the extent Voli is with auto attacks. His goal is to get into the thick of a fight and AOE people down with R and keep disrupting with Q and E with the added bonus of getting to burst a squishy; he also has easily the best engage of any Juggernaut. Olaf gets picked to counter comps that put all their focus on one champion to do all their damage (Kog'maw/Twitch meta). Garen's an anti-snowball champion with a *bit* of anti-caster in his silence. Skarner is for lock down and target isolation. They all do different things. Far more variant in their roles than most fighters, especially the new ones who are all complete generalists who are bad at nothing; ironic that you're prattling about them making anyone irrelevant but then singing Urgot's praises when Urgot and Aatrox are better than every other juggernaut at almost everything and are _actually_ making other champions irrelevant. >So do you know why they didn’t just buff Darius back then, Because Darius would still be garbage, because you can buff numbers all you want, his kit would still be trash. Volibear does not have that issue; he's been relevant all the way up to the pro scene multiple times and it's almost always indirect changes that end up shafting him. He has a great kit, he's held back by terrible numbers. >Illaoi, other than some tentacle plays, legit just runs at people and tries to bonk them to death for the whole game. Like every. Other. Brain dead. Tank-thing. First of all, no she doesn't. She's designed specifically to be dog shit at chasing people down. She builds a nest and tries to get you to come into her reach while she advances and then blows you up if you misstep. Illaoi easily takes more skill to play to a high level than anyone you play. >So the only thing that makes these champs unique is slight differences in their damage output/cc? That's exactly how niche works. Stupid shit gimmicks don't matter at all if the outcome is the same thing that everyone else is doing. This is why Irelia is a stupid rework; because her niche qualities are completely obscured by the heaps and heaps of things that make her an always good champion. Why every "modern" tank is completely interchangeable with each other because they have NO NICHE. They go in, and they CC you, and that's it. They lock you down. How they do it does not matter; what CC they're hitting you with does not matter if it's still all hard CC. Akali is the only recent update that comes to mind that can truly qualify as a niche champion; she is not and will never be an 'always good' pick by nature of how her kit works and has not been bloated with add-ons to make that different. So I'll reiterate; these 4 champions already stand out from each other far more than anybody you'd sing the praises of.
Also Shen. Care to explain how he's an "interchangeable tank"? Do you have more than 2 IQ?
Moody P (NA)
: You literally have no concept of what you're on about. Please don't bother me after this response. >1) You mean to tell me the ONE thing that distinguishes this champion is a tiny aoe knockup around him? And his ult. No other fighter is able to affect multiple people to the extent Voli is with auto attacks. His goal is to get into the thick of a fight and AOE people down with R and keep disrupting with Q and E with the added bonus of getting to burst a squishy; he also has easily the best engage of any Juggernaut. Olaf gets picked to counter comps that put all their focus on one champion to do all their damage (Kog'maw/Twitch meta). Garen's an anti-snowball champion with a *bit* of anti-caster in his silence. Skarner is for lock down and target isolation. They all do different things. Far more variant in their roles than most fighters, especially the new ones who are all complete generalists who are bad at nothing; ironic that you're prattling about them making anyone irrelevant but then singing Urgot's praises when Urgot and Aatrox are better than every other juggernaut at almost everything and are _actually_ making other champions irrelevant. >So do you know why they didn’t just buff Darius back then, Because Darius would still be garbage, because you can buff numbers all you want, his kit would still be trash. Volibear does not have that issue; he's been relevant all the way up to the pro scene multiple times and it's almost always indirect changes that end up shafting him. He has a great kit, he's held back by terrible numbers. >Illaoi, other than some tentacle plays, legit just runs at people and tries to bonk them to death for the whole game. Like every. Other. Brain dead. Tank-thing. First of all, no she doesn't. She's designed specifically to be dog shit at chasing people down. She builds a nest and tries to get you to come into her reach while she advances and then blows you up if you misstep. Illaoi easily takes more skill to play to a high level than anyone you play. >So the only thing that makes these champs unique is slight differences in their damage output/cc? That's exactly how niche works. Stupid shit gimmicks don't matter at all if the outcome is the same thing that everyone else is doing. This is why Irelia is a stupid rework; because her niche qualities are completely obscured by the heaps and heaps of things that make her an always good champion. Why every "modern" tank is completely interchangeable with each other because they have NO NICHE. They go in, and they CC you, and that's it. They lock you down. How they do it does not matter; what CC they're hitting you with does not matter if it's still all hard CC. Akali is the only recent update that comes to mind that can truly qualify as a niche champion; she is not and will never be an 'always good' pick by nature of how her kit works and has not been bloated with add-ons to make that different. So I'll reiterate; these 4 champions already stand out from each other far more than anybody you'd sing the praises of.
Also, tfw the only difference between Voli and Skarner is 1.5 seconds of CC and about 600 units of distance.
Moody P (NA)
In fact, for tanks, it’s the OLD tanks that are the brain dead ones, I think you have your nostalgia glasses on too tight.
Moody P (NA)
1) Ult. Now THIS is laughable. Plain ass damage numbers, that’s just basically nothing but inbuilt Titanic Hydra. That can get pretty much be trivialized with enough random AOE slows and CC. 2) People have been moaning about Garen’s awful passive for years, the anti-snowball thing doesn’t seem to be sticking. And calling him anti-caster is just amusing, he’s going to be unloading that silence into divers/tanks 90% of the time for nothing more than extra damage. 3) Aatrox, idk what the hell’s up with him. But Urgot is actually not op. He just sat in his same balance state untouched for half a year and the Meta coincidentally slid right into his hands. It’s just going to slide right back out. 4) Volibears kit IS garbage. The instant Riot buffed his kit to be pro-viable they realized the horrible mistake they made and stomped him right back into the scrap heap. Looks like they didn’t like your “amazing” champ. 5) I only said sometimes Illaois faceroll. 6) The tank niche thing is an outright lie. Braum, Taric, Zac, and Sej all have qualities that they and only they can do. Ornn and Galio iffy, but arguable. These are all recent tanks, I don’t get where you’re coming from. 7) I think with Irelia she works as a rhythm champ in no way other champs do where if she can line up every single mark she just dances circles around them. If she’s interrupted even once, she loses a massive part of her effectiveness because of her gigantic q cool down. What other champion plays like this?
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9BM6x4ds,comment-id=00010002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-25T17:31:41.836+0000) > > He became a caster because there’s already like 20 facerolling AA divers in this game and it is the single most uninsipired, boring, and amateurish design you could possibly have in a MOBA. > > Wukong, old Irelia, old Xin, Shyvana, old Poppy, Tryndamere, Master Yi, old Fiora, old Warwick, Jax. Basically, anyone who literally didn’t do anything but run straight at people and mindlessly mash the keyboard at melee for the whole game. > > Truth is, this game didn’t lose anything when Aatrox got reworked because he had the most generic kit in the game. 3 hit passive, dash, indistinct poke, invul. He was everything that people criticized most about league champion design and even Riot has been doing there best to erase these brain dead facerolliing divers from the game (see how many reworks I listed). > > If you build a certain way on Jax/wukong now I think you can even effectively mimic old Aatrox. THAT is how uninspired his gameplay was. They didn't gain anything from the rework either but another proplay balance problem and irrating top lane opponent. Old aatrox had to go but this form ain't any better. Old Astros had some interesting parts like the converging line thing that couldn't hit someone right in your face and having to sacrifice damage for healing, ult was nothing but stats checking though.
1) I’d argue this Aatrox is better just by virtue of not being a dive and go afk champ. 2) ...you mean that generic damage + slow skill shot thing that was by far the least interesting thing on his kit? 3) So reduce dps for healing (the obligatory defense mode move that half the champs in the game have in some form or another) is one of the only 2 things that made him “interesting”?
Moody P (NA)
: >His entire play style is running straight at people (with no real gapcloser) and auto attacking them until he dies or they die. Barring the occasional dash block they put on his e. you've already contradicted yourself by calling him one-dimensional immediately afterwards. Correct usage of Volibear's E entirely determines how successful you will be and makes the difference of whether or not Lucian/Vayne kite you forever or whether you lock down an enemy Tristana and kill her. It's the same way for melee matchups; beating Irelia, Tryndamere, Riven, Jax _hinges_ on you correctly interrupting their dashes or you will get body bagged. >what becomes the point of playing harder champs Because """harder""" champions still bring far more to the table. >And additionally, the “run at people and auto attack people until he dies or they die” niche is already hard over saturated. Garen, Olaf, Skarner, Voli All 4 of these champions hold more distinction between each other in their roles to fill than almost every rework or new release in years. You don't substitute Olaf for Garen when you're vsing a Juggermaw comp. You don't pick Volibear for the lockdown that Skarner provides, and you won't pick Skarner for the disruption and AOE potential that Volibear brings. They're already different enough from each other and they've never pushed each other out of viability simply because they were good themselves. Ever. > Even possibly Illaoi at some points. Don't talk out of your ass. >only Olaf has not been a complete and chronic balance problem. What? Olaf has been the biggest balance problem; what are you on about? There's a _reason_ he got gutted so hard in the past that they called it an Olafing. Volibear has been able to go under radar for most of his existence and be at least passably good to doing great. It wasn't until the end of season 7 that his performance started nose-diving and Riot _needed_ to acknowledge him. >Hell, even old Darius had to get reworked away from that play style because there’s simply no more room in that niche for any more champs to be viable. Old Darius got reworked because he was trash. Plain and simple; he was a troll pick at any respectable ELO and needed far more AD through items than his limited kit would allow. You could have just said you don't like it when champions run at you because you and most of Boards have come to the ridiculous decision that that's somehow a bad thing, because that's really the crux of your argument. I'm sure you'd prefer it if Volibear was an epic super-dashy boy because that's immediately cool and awesome if a champion just doesn't have to even consider being kited or peeled. Volibear is being kept down because he stomps all over bad players and because his kit isn't marketable. He does not have the visual 'wow' factor that makes Riot money, so they keep him weak until he gets bad enough that people start calling them out for it.
1) You mean to tell me the ONE thing that distinguishes this champion is a tiny aoe knockup around him? 2) So the only thing that makes these champs unique is slight differences in their damage output/cc? 3) Illaoi, other than some tentacle plays, legit just runs at people and tries to bonk them to death for the whole game. Like every. Other. Brain dead. Tank-thing. 4) Olaf did have his shit points, but at some point he was even good enough to be acknowledged at the pro level without completely destabilizing solo queue. All those other champions have literally been meme level their entire lives. 5) So do you know why they didn’t just buff Darius back then, like you’re trying to do for Voli now? Because then he would completely invalidate every single juggernaut and make them outright unplayable because his stats would easily outclass them in every way. They had to rework him so he would play different from other juggernauts so he couldn’t completely outclass them with nothing but better numbers. 6) I don’t even think a champ needs flashy mobility to be cool. Taric, Poppy, Jhin, Xayah, Urgot, and Darius all have proven themselves to be capable of pretty cool things (and possibly now Neeko). Voli, on the other hand is actually nothing but bargain bin Garen, and cmon, GAREN of all champs. Let that sink in. 7) If you buff Voli, Garen and some others become 100% worthless. Why play a champ who plays just like this other champ, but with worse stats?
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9BM6x4ds,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-11-25T16:37:18.982+0000) > > ...because those champs had nothing worth keeping in their designs? Well they actually had things worth keeping just not a lot, galio did keep his taunt in a way. Their original kits were flawed as a whole, some worse than others. AAtroxs was probably the worst change and a failure, completely new playstyle basically a caster instead off AA'r and not much more healthy as a champ balance wise.
He became a caster because there’s already like 20 facerolling AA divers in this game and it is the single most uninsipired, boring, and amateurish design you could possibly have in a MOBA. Wukong, old Irelia, old Xin, Shyvana, old Poppy, Tryndamere, Master Yi, old Fiora, old Warwick, Jax. Basically, anyone who literally didn’t do anything but run straight at people and mindlessly mash the keyboard at melee for the whole game. Truth is, this game didn’t lose anything when Aatrox got reworked because he had the most generic kit in the game. 3 hit passive, dash, indistinct poke, invul. He was everything that people criticized most about league champion design and even Riot has been doing there best to erase these brain dead facerolliing divers from the game (see how many reworks I listed). If you build a certain way on Jax/wukong now I think you can even effectively mimic old Aatrox. THAT is how uninspired his gameplay was.
Drago326 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6GFJtb18,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-24T08:53:55.276+0000) > > What made you have fun back then compared to now ? > > What champions do you play ? Used to play Swain a lot, was hella fun even after the nerfs and him being a niche pick
...you mean Mr. Faceroller?
: {{champion:16}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:154}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:44}} Are the ones I am the most upset about. ESPECIALLY SORAKA
What’s wrong with Soraka? I think she’s actually well designed now. And Shen is legit, especially with the new rune system
: **If the champ is not popular i dont trust VGU's anymore.** Look at {{champion:50}}{{champion:266}}{{champion:3}}{{champion:6}}; they all have kits/design completely different from their original concept now. Their VGU's were basically them getting deleted and an entirely different champion taking their slot. Unless the champ is popular & humanoid with a giant playerbase they are not getting the {{champion:84}}{{champion:39}}{{champion:81}}{{champion:28}} treatment, which were basically modern upgrades of their original kits. Pretty sure {{champion:106}} _(and {{champion:82}} in your case)_ will be completely unrecognizable after the VGU. Those "new" champs will not be intended for the original playerbase, but will have something more fancy and appealing to a broader playerbase.
...because those champs had nothing worth keeping in their designs?
Moody P (NA)
: that has literally no merit as an argument
Think about it: His entire play style is running straight at people (with no real gapcloser) and auto attacking them until he dies or they die. Barring the occasional dash block they put on his e. Sounds pretty simple to pull off, right? They problem is, if you want to buff his numbers so that this one-dimensional playstyle is on par with everyone else’s, what becomes the point of playing harder champs when you can just played buffed Voli and run people down all game without really thinking? And additionally, the “run at people and auto attack people until he dies or they die” niche is already hard over saturated. Garen, Olaf, Skarner, Voli. Even possibly Illaoi at some points. This makes the champs way too similar to each other and if one ever becomes even slightly better stat wise than the others, there becomes no reveal reason to play any of the others. In fact, of those 4 (there may be even more that I missed) only Olaf has not been a complete and chronic balance problem. Hell, even old Darius had to get reworked away from that play style because there’s simply no more room in that niche for any more champs to be viable. The only thing stopping Voli from being buffed is Olaf. Because he’s already the owner of the “tank-thing that runs at you and AAs you to death” niche and he’s really not going to give it up. When champs play way too similarly, for some to rise, others must fall. *cough* Voli
Ralanr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hRcRNWyI,comment-id=00040001000000000002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:29:47.232+0000) > > Tell this to the NFL's marketing/finance/PR teams. Do you think they would prefer to milk their current fanbase or go through the trouble of convincing someone who has literally never watched a full game of football beginning to end (who has lived in a country that heralds football players like heroes). > I think you're being a bit delusional if you think sports only function because of hardcore fans. Casual fans make up a large portion of the revenue. > This is outright delusional. If Doublelift/Sneaky/anyone went around telling NORMAL people that they play video games for a living, they would only be treated like the sad, pitiful nerds that they actually are. > As a job it's not really accepted, but as a hobby? A lot of people do it. How is that not socially acceptable? > Video games/anime/cartoons are not prestigious, it is an industry of out-of-shape sweaty nerds mentally jerking off other out-of-shape sweaty nerds. NEVER forget this. > I'm not saying it's prestigious, I'm saying it isn't socially unacceptable to say "I like to play video games" when talking to people. > Or maybe a reputation rightfully bestowed on a bunch of social failures who couldn't succeed at anything in life so instead decided to tinker with computers to trick their tiny brains into thinking they're worth something (but actually managed to get somewhere with it). And those social failures paved the way for advancement. I mean, look at Bill Gates. While he's not a gamer, he was a computer nerd who became the richest person on the planet (or one of). Not everyone who plays video games is a basement dweller with Cheeto breath. It's not socially unacceptable to say "I'm a gamer" or "I like to play video games". Obviously people are gonna mock you if you do it for a living (and then maybe get jealous when they see your paycheck, idk) but it's not as though gamers are still outcasts in schools.
> I think you're being a bit delusional if you think sports only function because of hardcore fans. Casual fans make up a large portion of the revenue. And likewise, I'm sure Riot could make thousands of "casual" fans out of millions of girls who have been thoroughly convinced League of Legends and PC gaming in general is for losers. Just like how I'm sure the NFL could get me to watch their stuff after I've long decided football is too American for me. > And those social failures paved the way for advancement. I mean, look at Bill Gates. While he's not a gamer, he was a computer nerd who became the richest person on the planet (or one of). Exactly. He stayed the hell away from video games and actually did something worthwhile with his life. > and then maybe get jealous when they see your paycheck, idk ...keep thinking that. For every Doublelift/Rekkles/Faker there are at least 10,000 no-name NEETS who considered suicide after they realized their horrible, stupid, life-ending decisions. > As a job it's not really accepted, but as a hobby? A lot of people do it. How is that not socially acceptable? It's honestly better for gaming to be socially unacceptable. That way, girls will be dissuaded from making the mistake of their lifetimes. You really have to realize gaming as a hobby is nothing special and that girls are better off staying the hell away from this event horizon. By trying to make this game more inclusive, you'll cause nothing but misfortune, pain, and emptiness in their lives.
Ralanr (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hRcRNWyI,comment-id=000400010000000000020000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T03:12:49.009+0000) > > A: That's like saying I'm a sports fan when all I do is watch the World Cup casually every 4 years. > You would be a sports fan. You don't need to be a hardcore sports fan to be a sports fan. > B: Who in their right mind would actually like to be identified as a gamer? I don't understand why girls are so vehement about being recognized as gamers when in reality, we're known as a worthless and pitiful lot. Why do people think gaming has anything to do with prestige? > Thing is, gaming isn't really a socially negative thing anymore. It's no longer the haven of nerds, anyone and everyone can enjoy gaming now. We're mainstream. > If I were a girl playing games, I'd be glad not to be lumped with the horrible reputation gamers have. A reputation developed from people not wanting to expand of what gaming is.
> You would be a sports fan. You don't need to be a hardcore sports fan to be a sports fan. Tell this to the NFL's marketing/finance/PR teams. Do you think they would prefer to milk their current fanbase or go through the trouble of convincing someone who has literally never watched a full game of football beginning to end (who has lived in a country that heralds football players like heroes). > Thing is, gaming isn't really a socially negative thing anymore. It's no longer the haven of nerds, anyone and everyone can enjoy gaming now. We're mainstream. This is outright delusional. If Doublelift/Sneaky/anyone went around telling NORMAL people that they play video games for a living, they would only be treated like the sad, pitiful nerds that they actually are. Video games/anime/cartoons are not prestigious, it is an industry of out-of-shape sweaty nerds mentally jerking off other out-of-shape sweaty nerds. NEVER forget this. > A reputation developed from people not wanting to expand of what gaming is. Or maybe a reputation rightfully bestowed on a bunch of social failures who couldn't succeed at anything in life so instead decided to tinker with computers to trick their tiny brains into thinking they're worth something (but actually managed to get somewhere with it).
Ralanr (NA)
: Games are games however. Saying mobile games aren’t games only enforces the negative stereotype of what and what isn’t a gamer.
A: That's like saying I'm a sports fan when all I do is watch the World Cup casually every 4 years. B: Who in their right mind would actually like to be identified as a gamer? I don't understand why girls are so vehement about being recognized as gamers when in reality, we're known as a worthless and pitiful lot. Why do people think gaming has anything to do with prestige? If I were a girl playing games, I'd be glad not to be lumped with the horrible reputation gamers have.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Well people will always predict "oh its going to be a good looking girl" with every champion,because there's always a fraction of the player base that wants more sexy/cute girls in the game. That being said I do think that the champions this year were a bit underwhelming in terms of artistic design. {{champion:145}}s design is probably the worst design of any champions in years and while I think that {{champion:555}} is ok,he is a bit generic. I'd actually say that out of the 3 new champs this year Neeko has the most interesting design,with the chameleon tail,the colorful eyes and weird running animation,but the fact that she is a cute monster girl just screams "play it safe to sell more",so I can't help but feel like they wasted some potential here.(though to be fair,up until now we really didn't have a champ that fit the "cute monster girl"-trope anyway)
It warms my heart that {{champion:145}} has had her design continuously shit on since she came out. Especially during K/DA. It looks like the league community actually has some vague semblance of intelligence.
Hawt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Le Kaikai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hRcRNWyI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-19T17:37:39.159+0000) > > I mean, this all stems from a couple years ago when the (female?) players bitched and complained that there wasn't enough female champion diversity--as in, all the female champions were visually appealing, sexy ladies. Which then led Riot to create more female characters that were distinctively not "hot" or "sexy" (or just the standard female-video-game-character hourglass body figure). Hence we got {{champion:421}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:142}} {{champion:498}}. > > So now, with Neeko, we see the same pattern of 1) creating a female character to add more female characters to a male-character dominated game, and 2) creating a female character that is not a stereotypical sexy lady like the majority of the existing female champions. > > So basically, now we get a hybrid of Xayah and Zoe: a Vastaya....child? Hopefully after this we'll be good with "spunky children" characters, because god forbid they add one more and now we've got too many "cute" and "spunky" little girls running on the Rift (I guess Yordles can't be the cute little ones anymore?) Those non hourglass body female champions aren't as popular, which is why they haven't gotten many skins. The exception is Zoe and Xayah. Xayah fits with the the conventional beautiful female champions. Except for her feet, she has a pretty face, good voice, and hourglass body. Riot is making what sells. Cute or sexy champions, at least for the female champions.
Do many male champions have truly ugly faces? Or truly unattractive bodies? The only male champ who's not a complete joke and who's truly ugly is {{champion:27}}
: To be fair, as a fellow female, I prefer to play attractive lady champions like {{champion:103}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:40}} (to name a few), and yet I still have no desire to play unattractive champions like {{champion:420}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:6}}. Is it shallow of me to only be interested in playing a character based on their looks alone? Yeah, probably. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} I mean, even when it comes to "average" looking female champions, like {{champion:133}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:163}}, I'd rather play Quinn or Jinx over Taliyah--because in terms of personality that complements their appearance, Quinn is more mature (and looks more like me), and Jinx is a lot of fun...meanwhile Taliyah is...? Earthbender Korra? "Throw another rock!" Pass.
{{champion:6}} : Unattractive. Have you SEEN that shoulder/bicep? That BROWLINE?
: If you say you're more interested in the kit than in how the champion looks like, you should have no problem with me wanting female champions that don't look like generic anime waifus.
...Riot gave us Poppy. They gave us Kalista. They gave us Illaoi. The league community decided they didn't like them. Why the hell does nobody play/care about Poppy? The 4-year long experiment with female characters is over. BACK TO WAIFUS BOIS {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: How was his old R in anyway bland? Be bounced around the battlefield erratically
*mini Amumu ult every other second 3 times while walking around. Only affects champs once.
: His new ult is literally AOE damage and CC though.
*utility that no other champion in the game has (mass enemy teleportation) except maybe poppy
: I'd rather Riot buff the existing enchanters atm... Playing Janna, Lulu, Karma, Soraka and Sona feels horrible, with Nami feeling just okay. I don't really understand why they all got hit hard this year (although I took a break in January and just came back last month). I used to have so much fun playing solely Soraka, occasionally rotating between Janna, Lulu, Sona and Nami and now I feel like an idiot most games I pick them because of how overbearing Ignite, Pyke, Thresh, Alistar, etc. are compared to them. The worst year to be a support main. From Mercy getting hit hard in Overwatch, to Enchanters getting hit hard. Where do I go now to enjoy supporting with such a playstyle. :(
2 words: Ardent. Censor. We had enough of that in Worlds 2017. Also, Mercy got hard nerfed because it turns out you can’t have high impact and amazing healing while also having amazing safety, not to mention ease of use. That simply doesn’t fly (lol). Mercy and Ana will never coexist.
Sephi51 (EUW)
: nothing from the old galio remained. exept for the aoe taunt i guess? which shen also has one of. it would have been easy to keep the old galio and release the new "Galio" as an entirely new champion.
Because nothing about old Galio was worth keeping.
: His old ult was a fantastic follow up engage to his E but also a reliable disengage if your carries got dove. While it had less displacement distance it far from sucked. I was able to get just as much value out of it as a naut or malphite ult. It's then obscenely team reliant and useless in lane along with his Q. Killing any chances of him seeing play up top. That and it was far easier to balance than current, where he's seen nerfs because his innate utility is so stupidly strong in pro play. Leaving the rest of his playerbase hanging out to try
It’s 2018. Bland AOE damage + CC ultimates are no longer up to Riot’s standards for tank design. Only HOTS is lame enough to keep that stuff in the game.
: Old Zac had a boring ass kit outside of his E, I don't know why people try to push a narrative where it isn't true when his Q is a simple slow button, his W is a "I do damage if you near me" and his R is "I move around to push people". His E is iconic but a champion kit should be more than one spell. I agree that his old ult was nice, but the new one fit far better his thematic of being a goo/slime character. His new Q is very powerful but fit far better his kit than him doing a gomu gomu no boringo.
“waaaaaaah , I can’t just run at people and mash the keyboard anymore. This champ is so bad” ...even his e was a standard dash with more range.
: Its 2018 and Yasuo and yasuo has been picked or banned 50% of the time since his release.
Which is incredible since there was like a 3 year span in which he was virtually unseen in pro play. I’m more impressed by how Riot made him pro viable, I never thought I’d see the day.
: Rakan isn't an enchanter, really. He's practically a diver. He just also has a shield and a heal, because his kit is borderline overloaded.
More like an assassin with no damage and somehow wants to be noticed by the enemy
: Hi Meddler, could you possibly say if a revert is on the table for Sejuani? There is a lot of support for a Sejuani revert and I would like to know if it's even a possibility. Thanks for any information at all.
There’s support for a sej revert because people are mad that they can’t mindlessly run at people and mash the keyboard for instantaneous, easy damage and CC any more. NO. MORE. AMUMU/LEONA. CLONES.
: Thoughts on Vi? Often times when it comes to buffing her you guys just drop the CD of her ult and call it good when I feel she could use help in other places Also any crit marksmen you still see as struggling? I think people say Cait is one of them that hasnt quite recovered from the item changes
Full rework on Vi required, she’s like the Garen of junglers and is often just a worse clone of j4 or nocturne. ...she even has the 3 hit passive that doesn’t enhance her kit in any way. As well as 2 dashes. She’s basically just meme fodder for Dota fanboys to use against Riot champion design. Nothing about her is worth keeping. If they completely changed her identity in a rework, nothing would actually be lost from the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Themin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h2QFr4xl,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-11-08T06:33:52.689+0000) > > Play AMUMU. And play Jax instead of shyv, he’s like 90% the same thing. Amumu and Sejuani is almost as bad of a comparison as jax and shyvana. I like shyvanas aesthetic and theme more than anything honestly. Im not really playing her bc shes a power farmer, I played her because I fucking love dragons. Amumu is just a walking ball of aoe damage, whereas Sejauni has a vastly different feel.
Solution: release Dragon Warrior Jax skin Old Sejuani: * Passive: only unique thing * Q: Bandage toss with slightly more AOE * W: ...aoe dps? It might even be the same size as Amumu W * E: Rylais + plain damage. Wait a minute, that sounds kind of familiar.... * R: Every generic MOBA tank ultimate ever. Amumu included. Is this a new champ or Amumu with Rylais and merc treads?
: How is old Zac in any way amumu? If every tank is just an amumu clone, they wouldn't be amumu clones, they'd be nunu or alistar clones, as they was the first tank in lol. Current zac is more similar to amumu than old, as his R is far more static Their kits are completely different. Yes they have similar structure: a gapcloser, a heavy CC ult, a spam spell. THAT IS THE PROFILE OF ALMOST EVERY TANK! That doesn't make them bloody amumu clones.
Yup. If any new tank has legit nothing but indistinct damage + AOE cc, they don’t belong in this game and haven’t for 5 years now. Leona can go suck a dick too. Also, current Zac has the AOE Blitzcrank scoop. No other champion in the game can do that. His entire uniqueness comes from separating a team and using passive + q to distract one half of them while his team destroys the other half. Not every tank in the game is so uninspired. Nunu,Shen, Poppy, Braum, Tahm, and Taric are all big examples of how you can have a 100% viable tank (except maybe Nunu) without said tank being a brain dead circle AOE CC bot. Lesser extent Galio and Ornn. *cough old Zac + Sej*
: > [{quoted}](name=KrakenKnight,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h2QFr4xl,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-08T00:26:00.890+0000) > > Riot needs to evert sejuani, revert zac and stop fucking their mains over because they have botched their fking reworks by loading them with additional CC. They've crushed 6 tanks purely for pro play. > > > Sejuani: Q, W unchanged. E and R reverted. Her W is more enjoyable and interesting than press for 4 seconds of AOE > Zac: revert ult. Potentially keep Q as it is similar to sej W in that it's interesting in a good way. But potentially remove because his old Q did top lane better and wasn't a balance problem Oh what I would give to play old Zac again, and for Shyvana to actually be playable.
Play AMUMU. And play Jax instead of shyv, he’s like 90% the same thing.
: Riot needs to evert sejuani, revert zac and stop fucking their mains over because they have botched their fking reworks by loading them with additional CC. They've crushed 6 tanks purely for pro play. Sejuani: Q, W unchanged. E and R reverted. Her W is more enjoyable and interesting than press for 4 seconds of AOE Zac: revert ult. Potentially keep Q as it is similar to sej W in that it's interesting in a good way. But potentially remove because his old Q did top lane better and wasn't a balance problem
When will people realize this game DOESN’T NEED MORE AMUMU CLONES?
wolvius (EUW)
: We got some much needed Lux and Ezreal skins incoming.
Those four can come back for skins AFTER their gameplay identities/visuals are actually worth making a skin for.
: How was she a lux clone?
Think critically for two seconds about what both of their abilities actually are.
Show more

Themin416

Level 82 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion