Barkley (NA)
: Stupid thing to complain about. Just look at all the other champs that get to hold their resets for 20 seconds. Gotta be like... 100 of them. Pffft... right? I mean let’s just look, here. There’s uh.... um... well.... what’s his face... And that one guy... Hmm..
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cgZFyARV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:11:13.511+0000) > > Stupid thing to complain about. Just look at all the other champs that get to hold their resets for 20 seconds. > > Gotta be like... 100 of them. > > Pffft... right? I mean let’s just look, here. > > There’s uh.... um... well.... what’s his face... > > And that one guy... > > Hmm.. Darius can on his ult, before level 16 when they last forever.
: Ryze feels like shit to play
He's really quite strong at the moment. He's challenging though, if you're having trouble with him, just play some more and try to get the hang of it, or pick someone else.
: Disconnect on tft league chat when you lose
Yeah it's been doing this, it's pretty annoying sometimes. It's not just you.
Rioter Comments
coreym11 (NA)
: Lol I get critized for that too but I literally threw the crap out of the game, that was literally entirely my bad. Look at all the other good games though rather than just my flaws. I'm not saying I am diamond, but I am at least gold 5. There are gold players who enter my game that have such poor judgement I feel insulted that I am silver. Btw do you wanna duo with me? lol
> [{quoted}](name=coreym11,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eHp1VY3V,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T17:49:38.037+0000) > > Lol I get critized for that too but I literally threw the crap out of the game, that was literally entirely my bad. Look at all the other good games though rather than just my flaws. I'm not saying I am diamond, but I am at least gold 5. There are gold players who enter my game that have such poor judgement I feel insulted that I am silver. > > Btw do you wanna duo with me? lol I hate to break it to you, but you're never gonna hit gold 5.
: Reminder that there are more people in diamond 1 than iron 4
Last time I checked there were about as many people in Diamond 4 as there are in all of Iron
Seal Bot (EUNE)
: Is no one going to talk about the fact Sivir received a MASSIVE nerf??
As a fellow Garen main, I can tell you that's a lot of mana. More than I've even ever had as Garen, and she's missing out on that much every 29 minutes? Dang man
: Can we let Giant Belt be build out of 2 Ruby Crystals
ShadWooo (EUNE)
: Yes champions aren't put back to the shared pool when player dies.
They're supposed to be, I think. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541773866955964417/598041705538781204/unknown.png
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-08T04:40:44.736+0000) > > Actually, you know what? After considering everything I think this would be a good rework. Really balanced overall, and it shows a bit more skill expression than his current kit. I was mistaken about everything I said, you were right, I was wrong. Have a great rest of your evening. Garen right now only has once skillshot, a second one would indeed add a lot of skill expression
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-08T05:25:00.855+0000) > > Garen right now only has once skillshot, a second one would indeed add a lot of skill expression Are you calling his e a skillshot? Because that's a bit of a stretch.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T04:27:40.139+0000) > > At max rank, the cooldown of your proposed ability is 3 seconds. There are two situations I can think of for how long the cooldown would end up being with 40% cdr once you hit it: > > Situation 1: The 1.5 second reduction for hitting a w is applied before cdr is factored in: > * 3 seconds - 1.5 seconds = 1.5 seconds > * 1.5 seconds times 0.6 = 0.9 seconds > * The stun lasts for 1 second, the cooldown is 0.9 seconds, so Garen can stun the target unit once, then stun again in 0.9 seconds while the unit is still stunned > > Situation 2: The 1.5 second reduction for hitting a w is applied after cdr is factored in: > * 3 seconds times 0.6 = 1.8 seconds > * 1.8 seconds - 1.5 seconds = 0.3 seconds > * The stun lasts for 1 second, the cooldown is 0.3 seconds, so Garen can stun the target unit once, then stun again in 0.3 seconds while the unit is still stunned > > Either way, it's a perma stun, unless you left out important information about the ability. Examples of things that could make it not be a perma stun that were not implied are: > > *The ability is not affected by CDR, which I would not assume given that you did not state that this was the case, and Garen's current w and the majority of abilities in the game are affected by CDR. > > *The cooldown starts after the stun ends, but I would not assume this to be the case as you did not say it was, and no other stuns I can think of go on cooldown only after the stun wears off. > > *The ability has a base cooldown above 1 second that you failed to mention in your post. > > > > So tell me, how is that not a perma stun? It's a series of stuns, there is plenty of time to react, peel is a thing and did you forget, It's melee. Crucible exists, cleanse exists, QSS exists as well as many other options. Are you just going to stand there, flat footed while garen stuns you over and over again? not to mention, Garen actually has to land the stun in question. That's like complaining that zed kills you if you stand still while he lands every part of his combo and do nothing. Then again, maybe that's exactly how it would play out in mid gold, lol.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00030000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T04:44:10.503+0000) > > It's a series of stuns, there is plenty of time to react, peel is a thing and did you forget, It's melee. Crucible exists, cleanse exists, QSS exists as well as many other options. Are you just going to stand there, flat footed while garen stuns you over and over again? not to mention, Garen actually has to land the stun in question. > > That's like complaining that zed kills you if you stand still while he lands every part of his combo and do nothing. > > Then again, maybe that's exactly how it would play out in mid gold, lol. Yeah, no, you're right. I guess you didn't see my second post but yeah. You're right that it's completely balanced. It's not like you're just gonna take those stuns over and over. It's not like QSS and cleanse cooldowns are that long, and if you get stunned when they are, it's your own fault, right? Of course it's ok that you need a qss or cleanse to even have a chance of fighting this champ, and probably merc treads too. And its not like even after you get stunned once and you cleanse it he wont be able to use it again in 0.9 seconds at most. Again, I'm really sorry, it's all perfectly balanced.
: Garen rework idea
Actually, you know what? After considering everything I think this would be a good rework. Really balanced overall, and it shows a bit more skill expression than his current kit. I was mistaken about everything I said, you were right, I was wrong. Have a great rest of your evening.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T03:46:35.048+0000) > > Definition of an ad hominem: "Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself." > > You are continually avoiding my argument that your rework idea is flawed because it would allow Garen to permanently stun an opponent, something that makes him automatically win any duel against an opponent once he has maxed his w and has gotten 40% CDR, assuming he lands the stun at least once, and instead are pointing out a personal attribute of myself, that I am currently ranked gold and that is telling that I do not understand the game as well as many others. This is true, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong that your rework idea would make Garen completely broken. I would say that completely falls under the definition of an ad hominem argument, at least under the definition of an ad hominem as I understand it. > > I admit, I also made some ad hominem remarks, but they were never the primary arguments in any of my posts. > > To say I probably don't have a concept of a dozen different fundamentals of league that you listed is simply wrong. I understand all those concepts at least to a limited extent. I also know that I'm not a pro and I belong where I am, and I have a lot to improve on. > > I get that it's hard to admit you're wrong, sometimes even to realize you're wrong, especially to a gold player if you really are a Master+ tier player, but you don't seriously think a champ with a permanent stun is balanced, do you? Like I said, I didn't ad hom you. What I gave you was instead genuine and to the topic. I didn't avoid the argument that my proposed rework is flawed, I told you it is not and I also told you why. Garen as listed CANNOT perma stun, I even told you the counter play. If you're gonna make a fuss, that's one thing, but at least be honest.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T04:01:13.535+0000) > > Like I said, I didn't ad hom you. What I gave you was instead genuine and to the topic. I didn't avoid the argument that my proposed rework is flawed, I told you it is not and I also told you why. Garen as listed CANNOT perma stun, I even told you the counter play. > > If you're gonna make a fuss, that's one thing, but at least be honest. At max rank, the cooldown of your proposed ability is 3 seconds. There are two situations I can think of for how long the cooldown would end up being with 40% cdr once you hit it: Situation 1: The 1.5 second reduction for hitting a w is applied before cdr is factored in: * 3 seconds - 1.5 seconds = 1.5 seconds * 1.5 seconds times 0.6 = 0.9 seconds * The stun lasts for 1 second, the cooldown is 0.9 seconds, so Garen can stun the target unit once, then stun again in 0.9 seconds while the unit is still stunned Situation 2: The 1.5 second reduction for hitting a w is applied after cdr is factored in: * 3 seconds times 0.6 = 1.8 seconds * 1.8 seconds - 1.5 seconds = 0.3 seconds * The stun lasts for 1 second, the cooldown is 0.3 seconds, so Garen can stun the target unit once, then stun again in 0.3 seconds while the unit is still stunned Either way, it's a perma stun, unless you left out important information about the ability. Examples of things that could make it not be a perma stun that were not implied are: *The ability is not affected by CDR, which I would not assume given that you did not state that this was the case, and Garen's current w and the majority of abilities in the game are affected by CDR. *The cooldown starts after the stun ends, but I would not assume this to be the case as you did not say it was, and no other stuns I can think of go on cooldown only after the stun wears off. *The ability has a base cooldown above 1 second that you failed to mention in your post. So tell me, how is that not a perma stun?
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T03:06:56.157+0000) > > Ah yes, devolving into ad hominem arguments. None of what you just said is arguing in favor of your rework idea, and you didn't even mention the fact that I pointed out that your rework idea gave Garen a perma-stun. Like seriously, if you don't think having a champion with a permanent stun is overpowered or at least not good for the game, you don't understand the game very well. > > And there's more to climbing than understanding your champ's kit. My micro play for the most part is pretty good, I understand Garen pretty well, I'd say. It's the macro game and map awareness and control that is a greater factor to me not climbing super fast. At no point in time did I use an ad hominem. Conversely, you have presented multiple. The fact of the matter is that rank is telling. Unless of course you are going to tell me that you were inting, soft throwing or otherwise sandbagging yourself. Then that's fine, but I am working under the assumption you are candid. I did not mention your rank to shame you, I am however, bluntly saying that you are in the process of being introduced to league, and that it's a bit early for you to go about being as matter-of-fact about everything you meet, see and hear. If you actually want to climb, the ability to learn will be increasingly important as you do. Now, I didn't play a ranked game under master tier in a very long time, so I don't know what NA gold looks like right now, but if it's anything like it was when I was down there, you probably don't have any concept of damage foresight, lethal, cooldowns (either your own or the enemies), spacing, tethering, input buffering, itemization, victory conditions, scaling or power spikes. You don't have a concept of equity, your mouse speed, precision and psyche all need more than a little bit of work, you don't think about your trades or your role in advance, you have some ideas for what you want to do, but it's far from muscle memory and you don't think at all about what your opponent wants or needs to do. You coin flip and handshake fights without incentive like "league of bumper cars", your csing is sloppy and you tunnel vision. That's fine, you have to start somewhere, God knows I certainly did, but all of the things I listed above are going to gate you from understanding how players and their champions can and do interact on the rift. That's why it's too early for you to try to make some of the claims that you did. Glad to help :)
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T03:24:49.956+0000) > > At no point in time did I use an ad hominem. Conversely, you have presented multiple. > > The fact of the matter is that rank is telling. > > Unless of course you are going to tell me that you were inting, soft throwing or otherwise sandbagging yourself. > > Then that's fine, but I am working under the assumption you are candid. > > I did not mention your rank to shame you, I am however, bluntly saying that you are in the process of being introduced to league, and that it's a bit early for you to go about being as matter-of-fact about everything you meet, see and hear. If you actually want to climb, the ability to learn will be increasingly important as you do. > > Now, I didn't play a ranked game under master tier in a very long time, so I don't know what NA gold looks like right now, but if it's anything like it was when I was down there, you probably don't have any concept of damage foresight, lethal, cooldowns (either your own or the enemies), spacing, tethering, input buffering, itemization, victory conditions, scaling or power spikes. You don't have a concept of equity, your mouse speed, precision and psyche all need more than a little bit of work, you don't think about your trades or your role in advance, you have some ideas for what you want to do, but it's far from muscle memory and you don't think at all about what your opponent wants or needs to do. You coin flip and handshake fights without incentive like "league of bumper cars", your csing is sloppy and you tunnel vision. > > That's fine, you have to start somewhere, God knows I certainly did, but all of the things I listed above are going to gate you from understanding how players and their champions can and do interact on the rift. > > That's why it's too early for you to try to make some of the claims that you did. > > Glad to help :) Definition of an ad hominem: "Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself." You are continually avoiding my argument that your rework idea is flawed because it would allow Garen to permanently stun an opponent, something that makes him automatically win any duel against an opponent once he has maxed his w and has gotten 40% CDR, assuming he lands the stun at least once, and instead are pointing out a personal attribute of myself, that I am currently ranked gold and that is telling that I do not understand the game as well as many others. This is true, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong that your rework idea would make Garen completely broken. I would say that completely falls under the definition of an ad hominem argument, at least under the definition of an ad hominem as I understand it. I admit, I also made some ad hominem remarks, but they were never the primary arguments in any of my posts. To say I probably don't have a concept of a dozen different fundamentals of league that you listed is simply wrong. I understand all those concepts at least to a limited extent. I also know that I'm not a pro and I belong where I am, and I have a lot to improve on. I get that it's hard to admit you're wrong, sometimes even to realize you're wrong, especially to a gold player if you really are a Master+ tier player, but you don't seriously think a champ with a permanent stun is balanced, do you?
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-08T01:58:22.935+0000) > > I wasn't going to reply again but your last rebuttal was just so wrong on so many levels. > > The fact that you actually have played a lot of SR doesn't make my argument fail because in my comment I actually said that it wasn't the fact that you just play ARAM that made your argument bad "I'm not saying that means you can't make good suggestions about how to rework Garen" > > You say I haven't been successful as Garen, but I've climbed quite a lot and am continuing to do so. And the fact that I am climbing shows that I am learning. > > I didn't say you were right, I said we should just agree to disagree. > > And one last thing that just occurred to me that proves the suggestion is simply broken is that the stun has a cooldown of 3 seconds at max rank, 1.5 seconds if the last stun hit. With 40% cdr, something that Garen pretty much always ends up with, once Garen hits a stun he would literally be able to perma stun the enemy the way the cool down reduction is implied in your post (1.5 seconds -40% = 0.9 seconds, the stun is 1 second, so Garen could stun again before the enemy is not stunned). > > Also seriously, you play ranked and ARAM at the same time? Mhm. > > The only thing I can really conclude at that point is that you're trolling, in which case, good job, because you really had me going for a bit haha "I don't believe you" and "You're so wrong omg" are also not good arguments. Sorry to say, but if you understood garen so well you really shouldn't be plateauing in gold. A lot of players rank higher than you their first season. Alas, whoever smelt it dealt it. I r8 8/8
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-08T02:56:03.067+0000) > > "I don't believe you" and "You're so wrong omg" are also not good arguments. > > Sorry to say, but if you understood garen so well you really shouldn't be plateauing in gold. > > A lot of players rank higher than you their first season. > > Alas, whoever smelt it dealt it. > > I r8 8/8 Ah yes, devolving into ad hominem arguments. None of what you just said is arguing in favor of your rework idea, and you didn't even mention the fact that I pointed out that your rework idea gave Garen a perma-stun. Like seriously, if you don't think having a champion with a permanent stun is overpowered or at least not good for the game, you don't understand the game very well. And there's more to climbing than understanding your champ's kit. My micro play for the most part is pretty good, I understand Garen pretty well, I'd say. It's the macro game and map awareness and control that is a greater factor to me not climbing super fast.
: Garen rework idea
I wasn't going to reply again but your last rebuttal was just so wrong on so many levels. The fact that you actually have played a lot of SR doesn't make my argument fail because in my comment I actually said that it wasn't the fact that you just play ARAM that made your argument bad "I'm not saying that means you can't make good suggestions about how to rework Garen" You say I haven't been successful as Garen, but I've climbed quite a lot and am continuing to do so. And the fact that I am climbing shows that I am learning. I didn't say you were right, I said we should just agree to disagree. And one last thing that just occurred to me that proves the suggestion is simply broken is that the stun has a cooldown of 3 seconds at max rank, 1.5 seconds if the last stun hit. With 40% cdr, something that Garen pretty much always ends up with, once Garen hits a stun he would literally be able to perma stun the enemy the way the cool down reduction is implied in your post (1.5 seconds -40% = 0.9 seconds, the stun is 1 second, so Garen could stun again before the enemy is not stunned). Also seriously, you play ranked and ARAM at the same time? Mhm. The only thing I can really conclude at that point is that you're trolling, in which case, good job, because you really had me going for a bit haha
Joaquín (NA)
: NERF MORDE
Alright, I'll do it. It won't be a huge nerf though, just a little here and there.
: So, you want riot to get in on the Battle royal fad?
> [{quoted}](name=Immaterial,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=4rmIxqVr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-07T19:29:12.216+0000) > > So, you want riot to get in on the Battle royal fad? It's not really a battle royale because you respawn when you die. It does sound pretty fun though, I wonder if long ranged champs like Xerath or Jihn could be good because they can tag people from far away when they're about to be killed by someone else to get an assist. I bet someone like Yi would be pretty OP in a mode like this. One suggestion I'd make is that there could be neutral minion/ monster camps scattered around, including maybe some buffs, so people have stuff to fight over, and also to allow champs with stacking mechanics to get some stacks.
: dont say that you wont, because i promise you, its hilarious to have an ezeral say to you "im perma banning yuumi" after you literally half healthed him with 2 ludens ladend empowered q's while your sitting on a 45 min stacked veigar XD
> [{quoted}](name=mephisto9466,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oUNKe3n1,comment-id=000500000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:51:25.726+0000) > > dont say that you wont, because i promise you, its hilarious to have an ezeral say to you "im perma banning yuumi" after you literally half healthed him with 2 ludens ladend empowered q's while your sitting on a 45 min stacked veigar XD Oh, I didn't say I won't, I just said I might not. Maybe I'll play her again some time when she's free, but she's pretty expensive and I'd rather spend my BE on some other champs first.
: try it when you can. its actually not bad, ive started to take sorc shoes when i can trust my team to get me out of there.
> [{quoted}](name=mephisto9466,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oUNKe3n1,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:47:20.730+0000) > > try it when you can. its actually not bad, ive started to take sorc shoes when i can trust my team to get me out of there. Sorc shoes make more sense to me. If I do play Yuumi again, which I don't necessarily see happening, I'll try mobis.
: you right mobies dont apply during combat, but the silliest thing is that if you dont hit anyone or get hit, it doesnt count you as in combat, therefore if your stupid teammate dies, then you can run away at high speed due to mobies and 25 stack mejis. I swear there have been numerous times where that saved me from certain death.
> [{quoted}](name=mephisto9466,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oUNKe3n1,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:43:46.217+0000) > > you right mobies dont apply during combat, but the silliest thing is that if you dont hit anyone or get hit, it doesnt count you as in combat, therefore if your stupid teammate dies, then you can run away at high speed due to mobies and 25 stack mejis. I swear there have been numerous times where that saved me from certain death. Yeah, I considered that, and I knew that while attached Yuumi would have the passive up. It still doesn't seem like an optimal buy to me, but I also haven't tried it and I've only played Yuumi once, so what do I know.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:31:46.571+0000) > > Having movement speed and movement abilities doesn't help kite Garen if he's invulnerable during his e spin Yes it does, and you're forgetting that you can race him for value, and either attack the map or his team. Besides, post spin, no guarantee he's ending up in melee range, especially in this meta. LOL I'm sorry, but you're not being reasonable. Have you played at all in the last 20 patches?
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:33:31.961+0000) > > Yes it does, and you're forgetting that you can race him for value, and either attack the map or his team. Besides, post spin, no guarantee he's ending up in melee range, especially in this meta. LOL > > I'm sorry, but you're not being reasonable. Have you played at all in the last 20 patches? Yeah, I've played quite a bit in the last 20 patches, and even more relevantly, I've played a LOT of Garen in the last 20 patches, unlike you who hardly plays anything but ARAM. I'm not saying that means you can't make good suggestions about how to rework Garen, but in this post, your suggestions are over the top. I can see we're not going to come down to an agreement about this, as you think I'm being unreasonable, and I think you're being unreasonable. Unless you say anything that actually changes my mind about any of your suggestions being balanced, which I find unlikely, I think this will be my last post on your thread because at this point arguing about it is just a waste of time for both of us.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T23:46:46.479+0000) > > There are a lot of situations where a Garen is in melee range of another champ for more than 3 seconds. 3 seconds is really not a very long time. > > Edit: Also, how can you kite a Garen that is immune to all damage and cc outside of his spin? If he misses his w you described, he could just spin until it's back up... Garen doesn't play by himself. Other champions have movement speed and abilities too.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:28:26.131+0000) > > Garen doesn't play by himself. Other champions have movement speed and abilities too. Having movement speed and movement abilities doesn't help kite Garen if he's invulnerable during his e spin
: Discussed a bit upthread: > [{quoted}](name=Mojoronomous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eQk8Td0N,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-07T21:47:29.747+0000) > > I wondered if a small +{tankystats} would be in order to rebalance that, but you definitely wouldn't want to tank him up too much. And it could give the build path some interesting twists If you scaled it by straight AP or Bonus AP. You'd have to be wary of getting a Rabadon's too early because it would inflate you, but you'd want to make sure you didn't get it too late to make a difference. > > But still, discussion worth having because GIANT VEIGAR!!!
> [{quoted}](name=Mojoronomous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eQk8Td0N,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-08T00:26:16.791+0000) > > Discussed a bit upthread: Yeah I saw that right after making my comment. I feel like it's probably not worth messing with the balance too much, Veigar is currently pretty well balanced imo.
: Rate my yuumi build and skill max order
Yeah I would cut out the boots. Mobis in particular I wouldn't think would be optimal, because most cases I would think you would even need boots are during combat, and the mobi boots passive doesn't apply during combat.
: BRO JUST CARRY YOUR TEAM BRO IT'S EASY BRO BRO IF YOU LOOSE IS YOUR FAULT BRO
Idk man, that Zoe and Kayn sure seemed to carry you pretty hard
Fireswept (OCE)
: How many Champs in the Pool?
I believe this page answers all of your questions, assuming the information therein is correct: https://www.esportstales.com/teamfight-tactics/champion-pool-size-and-draw-chances
Vecturn (NA)
: What is the max unit cap really? Is this cheating?
My guess would be the cap is 21 units if you got level 9 and somehow got 13 force of natures, which is pretty much impossible, but this is a hypothetical situation. I say 21 units because that's how big your half of the map is.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T23:37:40.011+0000) > > No, if he misses it he can just use it again in 3 seconds. And it's not a hard skill shot to hit if it's like a Yasuo q, like you described. Even if it wasn't reduced by 1.5 seconds if you hit it, 3 second cooldown for a 1 second stun is just way too much. > > Also, having complete immunity to damage while spinning besides people in his spin is just way too overpowered in team fights. And out of team fights too, I mean, imagine a Karthus ulting and Garen just using his e to completely stop the damage haha. > > Furthermore, having his ult reset, even if it is only if the enemy is stunned by him, is just a bit too much. There are other characters that have executing ult resets, but the rest of their kits are balanced in a way that they're not too overpowered. I mean, if Garen had pykes ult he would probably have at least a 55% win rate, I would guess. > > The changes you're proposing here would rocket Garen up to at least a 60% win rate, more like 70-80% in the hands of people who are already good at him. It's just way too overloaded. No, Garen isn't going to use it again in 3 seconds, he will be kited. If garen got to be in melee range whenever he wanted to he would be a strong champion right now, especially in competitive play.
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-07T23:40:01.844+0000) > > No, Garen isn't going to use it again in 3 seconds, he will be kited. If garen got to be in melee range whenever he wanted to he would be a strong champion right now, especially in competitive play. There are a lot of situations where a Garen is in melee range of another champ for more than 3 seconds. 3 seconds is really not a very long time. Edit: Also, how can you kite a Garen that is immune to all damage and cc outside of his spin? If he misses his w you described, he could just spin until it's back up...
: > [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-07T23:01:42.569+0000) > > I actually laughed out loud when I realized you were proposing a 1 second stun on a 1.5 second cooldown. It would be hilariously fun and overpowered Don't describe it that way, it's more like high risk high reward, remember he has to spend a lot of time in melee range and frame locked during his attack animations. This isn't a super tank, and it's a skill shot too. If he misses it, you're stuck with a , well, you know, garen on your team. Yikes
> [{quoted}](name=1 516 735 3508,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=B8I6Y7l6,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-07T23:12:22.690+0000) > > Don't describe it that way, it's more like high risk high reward, remember he has to spend a lot of time in melee range and frame locked during his attack animations. This isn't a super tank, and it's a skill shot too. > > If he misses it, you're stuck with a , well, you know, garen on your team. Yikes No, if he misses it he can just use it again in 3 seconds. And it's not a hard skill shot to hit if it's like a Yasuo q, like you described. Even if it wasn't reduced by 1.5 seconds if you hit it, 3 second cooldown for a 1 second stun is just way too much. Also, having complete immunity to damage while spinning besides people in his spin is just way too overpowered in team fights. And out of team fights too, I mean, imagine a Karthus ulting and Garen just using his e to completely stop the damage haha. Furthermore, having his ult reset, even if it is only if the enemy is stunned by him, is just a bit too much. There are other characters that have executing ult resets, but the rest of their kits are balanced in a way that they're not too overpowered. I mean, if Garen had pykes ult he would probably have at least a 55% win rate, I would guess. The changes you're proposing here would rocket Garen up to at least a 60% win rate, more like 70-80% in the hands of people who are already good at him. It's just way too overloaded.
: Why is Irelia so strong, exactly?
Irelia isn't strong, she has like a 46% win rate, one of the lowest in the game. The ones you see stomping low elo are probably smurfs or people just having good games.
: Frozen Wallet on Glacial champ
I think I read somewhere that they made it so none of the spatula items are returned to your inventory anymore, as a fix to a bug shown in a recent video by Pants are Dragon. You were able to duplicate the items if you spammed it on a champion who already had that classification, as well as in the case of the demon item actually restore mana to your champs in combat.
vrasidaros (EUNE)
: How do I cs properly?
When I was looking at your match history for context I was really concerned when I saw your Oriana game where you only had 13 cs at 20 minutes, but then I realized you were the support haha... But yeah, like the guy above said, all it takes is practice. You have to learn when to go for cs, when to give a couple up, how to zone the enemy off of cs, and really just practice actually hitting at the right time. Oriana is a pretty tough champion to last hit as, I've heard, so you might want to try playing someone like Annie to practice getting minions well. Annie's q makes getting last hits really easy, and her w helps clear waves.
: Veigar Additional Passive Effect - "Who's the big man NOW?"
This would either be a nerf as making him grow larger would make it really hard to dodge skill shots, or it would make his hit box really unreliable if only his visible size grew but his hitbox stayed the same.
: Garen rework idea
I actually laughed out loud when I realized you were proposing a 1 second stun on a 1.5 second cooldown. It would be hilariously fun and overpowered
Ðïana (NA)
: Teamfight Tactics here guy.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðïana,realm=NA,application-id=PKbQ4unq,discussion-id=E4yWopsu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-07T21:09:41.139+0000) > > Teamfight Tactics here guy. Oh shoot you're right, I keep doing that. Well in that case yeah, I don't know why it wouldn't work haha. My bad
Mc Raton (NA)
: Okay Nerf or Rework Tryndamere, it's not funny anymore.
Tryndamere isn't broken, I don't even usually find him that annoying, though perhaps the Tryndameres I play against aren't great. (Thinking back on my last few matches against Trynd, I know they are pretty bad actually haha)
: We need tenacity to counter glacial
I was thinking the same thing just an hour or so ago
Rioter Comments
: Ionic Spark heals Garen during spin
I just tried it out, didn't see the same bug happening.
: Ionic Spark heals Garen during spin
I'll have to test that out, but it definitely doesn't seem intended. It's supposed to damage enemies when they use an ability, not when the wearer does, and its description doesn't say anything about healing.
: just play irelia she's a swiss army knife. highest quality.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UPRjZ6ty,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-05T13:38:44.829+0000) > > just play irelia she's a swiss army knife. > highest quality. She's also got like a 46% win rate...
TrenixPL (NA)
: A unit can only have three stars, very confused. I'm assuming you mean should rarer one star champions be better than three star common champions? I Don't think so, unless the rare champion is at least a two star. One stars are mostly too weak for any rarity and two stars is where they shine the most and make the difference between rarity.
> [{quoted}](name=TrenixPL,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=J06RXwyQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-05T04:06:06.790+0000) > > A unit can only have three stars, very confused. I'm assuming you mean should rarer one star champions be better than three star common champions? I Don't think so, unless the rare champion is at least a two star. One stars are mostly too weak for any rarity and two stars is where they shine the most and make the difference between rarity. What he means by a 4 star is actually a 4 cost unit, but you're right, in game stars denote level not cost.
CurS1VE (NA)
: Is a 4 Star level 1 better than a 1 star level 3?
Draven is a 4 star adc. I feel like it depends on the champs. Perhaps some level 1 4 star units are better than some level 3 1 stars situationally, but there are also level 3 1 stars who are better than level 1 3 stars situationally as well. For example, a level 1 draven is probably better than a level 3 fiora in most situations, but a level 3 vayne probably beats a level 1 Draven. A level 1 probably sejuani generally isn't stronger than a level 3 1 star unit because she's pretty squishy at level 1 and can probably only get her ability off once before dying, if that.
: Teemo can rarely be a lane bully anymore.
I just played a game against Teemo as Garen, and I can see what you mean. The Teemo played pretty well, but I generally find that even as Garen I just have to play safe until like 10 minutes and then I can kill him pretty easily as long as I've gotten decent cs and haven't fed him.
: Whenever people bring up the hectic nature of toplane, Vayne is always mentioned
As a top lane Garen main I ban vayne in ranked not because I'm too worried about her being picked top, but because it feels like every time she's on the enemy team she gets really fed and has too much self peel to shut down as someone like Garen if she plays well :(
usul1202 (NA)
: Could qiyana function as a gyroscope?
You know how god king Garen spins 2 swords around with his e? What if you shaped his swords like propeller blades? Could he fly? :)
: getting zero items in the opening rounds and then being forced to ride it out feels like trash
Yeah you can surrender with no penalty afaik. I did it last night in a game where I was getting tired and my luck was rotten
ShadWooo (EUNE)
: Yeah saw it, Draven jumping and deleting my carries instantly. But generally assassin comp is strongest, level3 Khazix does the same shit. And level 2 Katarina deletes your whole team and you don't need items on her.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadWooo,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=XnfLNY7d,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-02T08:39:57.122+0000) > > Yeah saw it, Draven jumping and deleting my carries instantly. But generally assassin comp is strongest, level3 Khazix does the same shit. And level 2 Katarina deletes your whole team and you don't need items on her. If you do get a few mana items and a deathcap though... gg no re
Rexaria (EUW)
: Broken OP Yoomus Ghostblade on Graves with 6 Assassin Build
I've heard that assassin Draven with the imperial buff and 6 assassins is pretty strong too. Like really strong
Show more

ThisName1sDumb

Level 116 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion