: SHACO IS GETTING REVERTED, TIME TO HELP OUR SKARNER BROTHERS
Bruh i miss Skarner so much, imma go play him top.
: > [{quoted}](name=Thresh Outta Fux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-26T20:08:25.573+0000) > > Except Pyke's R. I'd rather deal with gamewinning blitz hooks than game-ending pyke level 6. Subjective. Very VERY subjective. Then there is also the fact that that is his ulti. Aka longer cd and justified power. Unlike that shitty excuse of a gameplay design that blitz has in q. Also pyke's ulti is rather easy to anticipate. He will activate when he can execute. For blitz? You exist, you are a target.
> [{quoted}](name=Nyarlathοtep,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-26T21:22:59.538+0000) > > Subjective. Very VERY subjective. Then there is also the fact that that is his ulti. Aka longer cd and justified power. Unlike that shitty excuse of a gameplay design that blitz has in q. Also pyke's ulti is rather easy to anticipate. He will activate when he can execute. For blitz? You exist, you are a target. Pykes ulti starts cooldown right after first cast. Meaning by the time the teamfight ends, his ult has a mere 20 seconds left before it's back online again. Pyke's ult also brings back a team with the gold, let alone the kills and ccing the enemy team for 30-60s with a gray screen. One person being sniped with a Blitz q is far more acceptable than Pyke R resets to 1v5.
: However, I would argue that aftershock is the problem contributing to the "League of Oneshot." You not only get a bountiful amount of tank stats so that you can survive when going in, but you then get damage followed up by it. This is why the best change to aftershock would probably just take away the damage completely, as you would still have your tank stats when going in, but the amount of damage that you'd be putting out would be much lower. But that's just what I think
> [{quoted}](name=DivineMantra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-26T16:25:37.559+0000) > > However, I would argue that aftershock is the problem contributing to the "League of Oneshot." You not only get a bountiful amount of tank stats so that you can survive when going in, but you then get damage followed up by it. This is why the best change to aftershock would probably just take away the damage completely, as you would still have your tank stats when going in, but the amount of damage that you'd be putting out would be much lower. But that's just what I think That's doable I'm sure, but i want assassins gutted first. Low ratios, but frontloaded with high damage for early game. Leveling up their abilities doesn't net them a lot of extra damage, and late game they actually fall off, instead of continuing to blow up targets at 45 minutes plus.
: > [{quoted}](name=DivineMantra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-26T16:17:14.932+0000) > > I understand your point. but bltiz only needs to land one or two hooks to be useful. While I have seen some bad blitz players, even the really bad ones manage to at least pick up one or two kills from hooks in lane, and by then, it's pretty much over. There's barely a negative when he misses his hook, and a massive benefit for hitting it, making it too good of an option to reliably lock down kills. Thats exactly my point. Blitz can miss 99/100 hooks. Yet that 1 hook has the potential to win the game. Thats not true for even other equally cancer abilities (windwall, fizz's e etc etc).
> [{quoted}](name=Nyarlathοtep,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-26T16:47:06.191+0000) > > Thats exactly my point. Blitz can miss 99/100 hooks. Yet that 1 hook has the potential to win the game. Thats not true for even other equally cancer abilities (windwall, fizz's e etc etc). Except Pyke's R. I'd rather deal with gamewinning blitz hooks than game-ending pyke level 6.
: Let's Talk Hook Supports
> [{quoted}](name=DivineMantra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KpjLsWb5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-26T05:48:44.074+0000) > So what should Riot do about these changes? Well, I propose two things. For one, and I think the entire league community will agree with me on this, for the love of god, nerf aftershock. Its the only rune since the new rune release that hasn't seen any sort of appropriate nerf, while pretty much every other rune was tuned down somewhere along the season. It provides way too much tank stats (which is then followed up by damage), for it to be considered balanced. Additionally, all of these hook supports synergize so well with the keystone that it just adds an unnecessary level to their power. Second, just straight up revert some of the changes made to these hook supports. Here are somethings that I think they can do. > I disagree. Aftershock is one of the few defensive runes that actually can save a tank in League of Oneshot. The nerfs need to happen in damage across the board before Aftershock gets hit. Conquerer definitely needs to be deleted first as well. > {{champion:53}} Blitz: Whoever came up with the range buff on his Q should really be called into question for how they do their job. This change is blatant gross negligence for support players. No one wanted, asked, or needed this change. Just revert it. > Yes, this is a stupid change. Blitz was fine, it's part of Riot's "Change for the sake of Change" mentality. > {{champion:412}} Thresh: Can we talk about how Thresh has never been considered weak since I've started playing League three years ago? I'm not saying he should be considered "weak," but it's just crazy to me how he's never really been out of the meta for the 3 seasons I've played through. Revert the cd buffs that you guys gave to his hook a while back. This will make sure Thresh players have to think about when they are throwing out the hook, as opposed to just spamming it like they do now. > As an ADC Thresh main, when I support/adc against an enemy Thresh it's really laughable how easy it is to punish the Q-spammer playstyle. I wouldn't mind his Q cooldown being reverted like you said, but if you really want to balance Thresh, make it so that enemies can take his lantern. Oh, trying to save your Caitlyn who has 5hp left? Well shit, looks like the enemy Alistar just took your lantern, and you's bout to get trampled son. > {{champion:111}} Nautilus: I know they "nerfed" his Q damage a few patched ago, but that was a joke. He still does way too much damage for how easy it is to land a hook (or even just point click for an ult). A damage nerf on his ultimate or Q (probably both) would probably be the best way to fix nautilus. > Nautilus never belonged in the bot lane as anything more than a niche support pick. His E cooldown buffs from a few seasons ago need to be reverted, and more of his power needs to be focused into his W. > {{champion:555}} Pyke: Nerf the amount of gold that he gives to his allies. It's honestly insane how sometimes Ill spectate games with pyke in it, and he winds up having more gold than the enemy AD, simply because of his ability to generate SO much gold. Also, tone down the healing that he gets from the grey health. It's literally impossible to poke him down. > Ban this boi every game until an R change goes through. Execute+Aoe+range+reset+lethality+ADscaling far too strong on his R alone, and his kit otherwise is still disgustingly good. I even ban Pykes on my team, because they're not fun to play with or against. > {{champion:89}} Leona: Honestly, Leona is probably the most balanced one on here. Don't get me wrong, she is very strong, but I think only a slight nerf is probably needed for Leo. I would say probably lower the damage on her W a little, or increase the cd on her Q. The fact that her Q is on a 5 second cd at the start of the game is a little too strong in my opinion. > The change for her was unnecessary, BUT she works well to counter the other hook champions on this list. Additionally, picking up Alistar when you normally play enchanters is a great idea for countering -ANY- of the members of hook city.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainAntiHeroz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iEi5wQei,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-26T01:43:54.980+0000) > > unless your riot games > {{champion:268}} changed into higher damage with less need to have hours sunk in to understand his kit > {{champion:13}} Turned from a multiple combo based on circumstances champ to a 1 combo to either burst them down with or feed because of > {{champion:136}} trying to make his W into a "bursty" ability > > plus > {{champion:145}} has a little bit of everything so that shes even SOMEHOW noob friendly based on literally being able to pick half the items in the game and still succeed > {{champion:67}} can just buy 1 item {{item:3153}} and then 1v2 botlane with true damage jukes and cc to peel for herself > {{champion:84}} even riot cant fix this > > > RIP high skill champs > Soon ever {{champion:429}} and {{champion:412}} will be given god level op abilities and dropped into the floor immediately afterwards because RITO loves messing up things the mains of the champions never asked for If you think that {{champion:67}} can 1 v 2 the lane with {{item:3153}} you re either hardstuck Bronze or smth like that or never played adc. Go watch any challenger adc streamer that plays Vayne and tell me about 1 v 2 after. let me tell you a secret, any support mage with {{item:3285}} can destroy an adc with one combo even if that adc got 3 items and he only got that item a mage can still 100 - 0 an adc. Unlike bruisers/juggernauts an adc doesn t have that item advantage, one CC and he s one shot simple as that, but {{champion:6}} for example with {{item:3071}} and {{item:3812}} he actually feels that item advantage if he s ahead, unlike adcs. For an adc laning phase is 90% about support because they re super strong early-mid and they can actually 1v2 the lane, an adc doesn t have impact till 3 items, watch any challenger streamer and you will see.
> [{quoted}](name=LostInTheDark07,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iEi5wQei,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-26T05:51:51.218+0000) > > If you think that {{champion:67}} can 1 v 2 the lane with {{item:3153}} you re either hardstuck Bronze or smth like that or never played adc. Go watch any challenger adc streamer that plays Vayne and tell me about 1 v 2 after. Tbh there's actually a way for Vayne to extend her invisibility right now, I'm not sure how it works but it was hard as fuck to deal with, I was so used to the normal duration. I'd ward a bush, walk a bit away, and then Vayne has tumbled past me despite not being revealed in the bush I just warded and has been chunking my health bar. Really fucking weird, because you'll be standing there with a river full of vision and then suddenly she'll be on you like an Evelynn or something.
: Worst patch ever?
9.19 is a great patch... ... To buy Sea of Thieves.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Thresh Outta Fux,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vsNAvnsv,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-25T20:18:15.506+0000) > > Using swear words conveys a level of frustration that you can't convey without them. > > They shouldn't be treated like the dreaded enemy of humanity. **A player asking why the FUCK something happened is completely different then a player saying FUCK YOU to a person.** > > When you kill threads with the first setup, you're just showing that the mods are a bunch of babies who can't handle the frustrations of players being publicized on a forum. That's when players respond with the second setup, because to them it doesn't look like you killed a low effort thread, it looks like you got offended that your pristine swearless G-rated boards were fucking decimated by players annoyance towards poor gameplay design. Which, when gameplay design is poor, this NEEDS to happen, you can't have times of turmoil be hidden so that if a Rioter ever happens to peek at the board they see reality, instead of "Wow look at all these white knights sucking my farts, we're so great, let's buff Yasuo!". No one wants that, so stop enabling devs to be free from harsh critcism. They're adults, they can handle it. > > If you guys want to show a bias against "low effort", then why don't you actually bolster "high effort" threads instead of ignoring them, and let the forums themselves kill the so-called "low effort" posts. > > Pathetic. 1) Swear words are permitted, they just create a naturally ranty type appearance. If the thread was constructive, I wouldn't have minded the title at all. I fully understand that sometimes people want to use certain words to convey frustration. That wasn't the issue and plenty of threads with all sorts of swearing, within the Universal Rules, are allowed. The issue was the thread was a rant/low-effort and was more adequately suited to the RANT sub-board or needed more constructive content to promote discussion. 2) We _do_ allow low effort rants. There's a dedicated sub-board for that. **RANT** We're fine with these being on the Boards, but just like we'll remove a thread from Gameplay that is talking about an ingame violation because that belongs in Player Behavior, we'll remove a thread that's ranting because it belongs in RANT 3) I'm going to be blunt with you -- some Rioters probably see Gameplay and all the negative stuff with no constructive feedback and _leave_. That is not an inviting atmosphere. So, no, we don't want an echo chamber of "we <3 rito!", but we also want to encourage content forward threads rather than a sea of ranting and raving with no positive suggestions in sight. It's not that hard to add two more sentences showcasing how to improve or fix the issue or find some information to back up what you're saying. 4) I at least try to bolster threads when I get the chance in my home board of GD and have been expanding to Story, Art, & Sound. I do agree that we could work harder at noting good threads and posting on them to better let the community know what kind of threads create those content forward discussions we'd love to see.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vsNAvnsv,comment-id=00010000000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-25T21:24:24.521+0000) > > 1) Swear words are permitted, they just create a naturally ranty type appearance. If the thread was constructive, I wouldn't have minded the title at all. I fully understand that sometimes people want to use certain words to convey frustration. That wasn't the issue and plenty of threads with all sorts of swearing, within the Universal Rules, are allowed. The issue was the thread was a rant/low-effort and was more adequately suited to the RANT sub-board or needed more constructive content to promote discussion. > > 2) We _do_ allow low effort rants. There's a dedicated sub-board for that. **RANT** We're fine with these being on the Boards, but just like we'll remove a thread from Gameplay that is talking about an ingame violation because that belongs in Player Behavior, we'll remove a thread that's ranting because it belongs in RANT > > 3) I'm going to be blunt with you -- some Rioters probably see Gameplay and all the negative stuff with no constructive feedback and _leave_. That is not an inviting atmosphere. So, no, we don't want an echo chamber of "we <3 rito!", but we also want to encourage content forward threads rather than a sea of ranting and raving with no positive suggestions in sight. It's not that hard to add two more sentences showcasing how to improve or fix the issue or find some information to back up what you're saying. > > 4) I at least try to bolster threads when I get the chance in my home board of GD and have been expanding to Story, Art, & Sound. I do agree that we could work harder at noting good threads and posting on them to better let the community know what kind of threads create those content forward discussions we'd love to see. Good rebuttal, but Riot will get positive praise when it's deserved. The status of the game is abysmal, and if they aren't going to perform the changes need to make the playerbase feel positive towards them, then they need to buckle the fuck up and sift through the complaints. When we are seeing constant buffs the patch before a skin releases, we're not interested in giving any positive feedback. When we're seeing the same 10 champs in every game, we're not interested in giving positive feedback. When we're seeing buffs go to champs simply so that they can be played at worlds, WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN GIVING POSITIVE FEEDBACK. Legit, here is a list of the positive feedback I can give Riot for the 2019 season: > 1. The art is pretty. That's it. That's all the positive feedback that league can muster. We'd have jumped ship to other games IF THERE WERE ANY. But instead, we're stuck with the shiniest piece of poop on the turdpile. Why is there even a balance team when the state of the game is Assassin mids, Assassin jungles, Assassin bots, Assassin supports? Why is it called League of Legends when the only legend is seeing champion diversity? Why is it that every single role is doing so much damage that players spend more time staring at gray screens than actually getting to play the game if their team happens to be the one that gets fucked in this games one-sided fuckfest of a matchmaking system? Why is CDR on EVERY single item? There's no game left here, just a cutscene as you watch some moron who couldn't think his way out of a gazebo mash his QWER keys as the newest assassin and stomp the game. There's no reward for meaningful play and decisions because the game is just a one-sided snowball fest for whoever gets the lucky win streak queue. You'd be better off finding thought inducing gameplay in Mafia City than trying to find it here. We have devs THOUGHTLESSLY changing hook sizes of Blitzcrank because "his hook should be the same range as the other hookers", but not even thinking about how Blitz hook drags you from point A to point B, no ifs ands or buts, while other hooks definitely cannot do the same, and have smaller tug mechanics or some other gating mechanic (like not being able to go over walls? Doh.) There's no gameplay changes being made for balance, they're all being made as changes for the sake of change, and to give a big fuck you to the players who supported and recommended this game until now. And until Riot actually appeases their player base instead of just trying to sell skins to the newest 14 year old Yasuo/Kayn/Zed main and e-girl supports, they're going to be getting hate for their profit-focused mindset while they try to appease big daddy Tencent.
: [GAMEPLAY] [9.19] "Show allied chat" disables itself after patching.
Jikker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Scottsc20,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vsNAvnsv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-25T19:45:15.405+0000) > > Right, mods, this isn't low effort, but my post was. We do have more leniency towards posts in GD than in Gameplay because of the community and culture here. GD is more a catch-all Board with a distinct community and we do permit some more low-effort threads/comments here similar to how threads on RANT can be a bit more of low-effort, frustration expressing...well...rants. That being said, spamming or repeatedly posting low-effort can be subject to removal even on these sub-boards. We ask that on Gameplay you focus on creating more high quality, productive content such as you can see in my previous example.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vsNAvnsv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-25T19:49:16.014+0000) > > We do have more leniency towards posts in GD than in Gameplay because of the community and culture here. GD is more a catch-all Board with a distinct community and we do permit some more low-effort threads/comments here similar to how threads on RANT can be a bit more of low-effort, frustration expressing...well...rants. That being said, spamming or repeatedly posting low-effort can be subject to removal even on these sub-boards. > > We ask that on Gameplay you focus on creating more high quality, productive content such as you can see in my previous example. Using swear words conveys a level of frustration that you can't convey without them. They shouldn't be treated like the dreaded enemy of humanity. **A player asking why the FUCK something happened is completely different then a player saying FUCK YOU to a person.** When you kill threads with the first setup, you're just showing that the mods are a bunch of babies who can't handle the frustrations of players being publicized on a forum. That's when players respond with the second setup, because to them it doesn't look like you killed a low effort thread, it looks like you got offended that your pristine swearless G-rated boards were fucking decimated by players annoyance towards poor gameplay design. Which, when gameplay design is poor, this NEEDS to happen, you can't have times of turmoil be hidden so that if a Rioter ever happens to peek at the board they see reality, instead of "Wow look at all these white knights sucking my farts, we're so great, let's buff Yasuo!". No one wants that, so stop enabling devs to be free from harsh critcism. They're adults, they can handle it. If you guys want to show a bias against "low effort", then why don't you actually bolster "high effort" threads instead of ignoring them, and let the forums themselves kill the so-called "low effort" posts. Pathetic.
: need help :D
I'll also help ya out, sent a friend req.
: Why does Yasuo still have a 51% ban rate?
Overloaded without mana or any type of gating mechanics. The only thing keeping players from building him bruiser and breaking the game is that they think they need to utilize his double crit passive. Yasuo with full support items can still carry a game because his kit is inherently too strong. Play support Yasuo, build him like an enchanter, max wind wall, use Redemption (even though you can't use the mana part of it), win game. Do I ban Yasuo? No, because I can counter him very easily. Do I mind when my teammates ban him? Not at all, I'd rather have them get to practice their new champion than to face a yasuo with 6m mastery points because he's a "main". My ban order is: {{champion:555}} - Because he takes no skill and can 1v5 with safe escapes. {{champion:82}} - Because he removes counterplay with the tap of a button, on far too strong of a kit alongside it. {{champion:25}} - Because she's low risk high reward, and her E negates most of our support's offensive capabilities. Pyke will NEVER see a game, ally or enemy, if I'm paying attention or not trying to ban snipe someone from a previous lobby.
Rioter Comments
: Sure Kai'sa is problematic but that doesn't mean we can't talk about Yasuo. It is not like Riot can only balance ONE champ at a time....
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Knight,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cyuI50gr,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-09-24T13:36:17.332+0000) > > Sure Kai'sa is problematic but that doesn't mean we can't talk about Yasuo. It is not like Riot can only balance ONE champ at a time.... Careful there now. Two is a big scary number, let alone three. After all, they still haven't put the S in Riot GameS.
iiGazeii (NA)
: I would like to see them try increasing the cast time to 1 second with a 1-second lockout time before something this drastic. Plus removing the double gold thing, that was just dumb. Maybe make it so that Pyke's base ability damage is lower, but he gets a multiplier on healthy opponents. His abilities would be better at getting enemies low, but worse at finishing them off. He'd either need his ult (which would now be harder to land with the increased cast time) or teammates to finish the kill. Make his regen not-free by drastically reducing the gray health he gets for taking damage, but let him gain gray health by DEALING damage. That way, he would need to commit to trades, spend mana, and land skillshots to get good regen. Finally, make his passive convert armor/MR into a tiny amount of lethality, so he can't abust Aftershock and tank items to become not-squishy. Pyke should always be squishy. He'd have lower kill pressure, less damage, and his ult would actually be reasonable to dodge. If he needs buffs after that, buff his utility. Improve the slow on his harpoon (longer duration slow that decays), give him movement speed/ghosting while his E is active so it's easier to set up a stun for his teammates, or maybe tighten up the radius of his camouflage and have it expand over the duration so he can get out easier. Your idea is cool, but it's a lot of work. I think the idea of the support with an assassin's mentality is Pyke's whole fantasy. It can work.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-09-24T20:51:05.838+0000) > > I would like to see them try increasing the cast time to 1 second with a 1-second lockout time before something this drastic. Plus removing the double gold thing, that was just dumb. > > Maybe make it so that Pyke's base ability damage is lower, but he gets a multiplier on healthy opponents. His abilities would be better at getting enemies low, but worse at finishing them off. He'd either need his ult (which would now be harder to land with the increased cast time) or teammates to finish the kill. > > Make his regen not-free by drastically reducing the gray health he gets for taking damage, but let him gain gray health by DEALING damage. That way, he would need to commit to trades, spend mana, and land skillshots to get good regen. > > Finally, make his passive convert armor/MR into a tiny amount of lethality, so he can't abust Aftershock and tank items to become not-squishy. Pyke should always be squishy. > > He'd have lower kill pressure, less damage, and his ult would actually be reasonable to dodge. > > If he needs buffs after that, buff his utility. Improve the slow on his harpoon (longer duration slow that decays), give him movement speed/ghosting while his E is active so it's easier to set up a stun for his teammates, or maybe tighten up the radius of his camouflage and have it expand over the duration so he can get out easier. > > Your idea is cool, but it's a lot of work. I think the idea of the support with an assassin's mentality is Pyke's whole fantasy. It can work. I definitely agree. This would be when the ability is proven to be too strong or weak based on their base tuning. But first, Riot needs to actually acknowledge his unhealthy state and line up some balance changes. We can hope in the pre-season at least...
: > [{quoted}](name=Thresh Outta Fux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:49:39.941+0000) > > Hm, let me clarify a little better: > > The target's movement speed is reduced by 0% up to 90% based on distance. At 400 units away, the target's MS remains as it normally is. However, after 1500 Units (**This may need to be a larger distance**), their MS is reduced by 90%. Anywhere from 400 and 1500 units, the target experiences a slowing effect that increases with distance from Pyke, anywhere after 1500 units remains at 90% speed reduction. Dashes/Flashes will drag the other end of the line that distance backward. You are not anchored to a location, you are connected to Pyke, and Pyke is connected to you. If you were playing, say, Leblanc, you could bait his R, then dash twice, dragging Pyke over walls and directly into your team for a free kill. > > Additionally, the range should keep you outside of Pyke's E stun range, creating the decision of whether Pyke should use his E to drag you backwards, or try to get closer to you and use E to stun you, thereby forfeitting the slow usefulness of his ult, or save E to escape in case you drag him into your team. > > Finally, this ability DOES NOT RESET ON A KILL. This is not a teamfight auto win, as it's SINGLE TARGET ONLY. Right now, Pyke's ult is ALREADY a team fight auto win nuke. The whole post (if you read it) is to REMOVE his reset, but still adding more fair mechanic that has actual counterplay, instead of an INSTANT AOE EXECUTE THAT RESETS. > > I hope this better explains what I'm trying to convey, and that i'm trying to FIX the problem that already exists, not re-create it. i wasn't confused. your explanation doesn't change the fact that -90% movement speed is the same thing as not moving. secondly - requiring dashes means that being extremely generous with the champions that could "dash or blink" these are all of the champions that could even remotely be affected by pyke's R in bottom lane. {{champion:51}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:350}} third - an R that requires the player to invest their entire kit into it in order to get any use out of it is useless and counter intuitive to good gameplay. fourth - it is just as much of a teamfight auto win as mordekaiser's R if not more so. this ability would remove an entire champion from a teamfight for 10 seconds by pyke simply pressing R, flash, E + Q pull to drag a champion out of mid lane or dragon pit. at max range no basic attacking champion can retaliate at 1500 units and if the distance isn't significant when it comes to dashing why would anyone do it? flash on a 300 second cooldown is a massive trade for "maybe surviving" an auto kill. You're not only giving him free kills on champions without range or dashes, but you're also giving him a point and click Q times 3 with the only counerplay being dont get low on hp or buy these 2 specific items. It doesn't have to reset on kill if it guarantees a kill. this literally guarantees a kill and since pyke isn't required to dive the backline anymore (unless said champion is lablanc omega with 3 dashes and a flash - which as you stated will injure her and make it even more likely for her to die being that she only has 1500 - 2500 hp) -------- Your changes to pyke's R are literally garbage. the current power that pyke has with his R is that it executes champions that either: A: have small amounts of HP or B: get caught without regen/stasis/etc. this power is further increased by the fact that the human eye can't react faster than 17 frames on the average human. When pyke uses his R he teleports and his teleport animation is faster than the human eye can react. This reaction time is even more constrained if playing on an unstable connection or if you're located far away from the nearest server. secondly - players do not know when they're in the "danger zone". This means that players who are new and players who've never played pyke free out when they see pyke chunk someone for their entire lifebar. And not every lifebar is equal because the 1500 hp sona and the 4k chogath will have the same size lifebar, but at different scales. if you've never noticed the little notches in the health bar each notch represents a different value. typically those values are 100 and 1000 just like a metric ruler. however if you have so little or so much those values can change. I think it's fair for pyke's R to deal 1200 base damage. If you're not buying HP or HP regen in a game with pyke that's your fault. regardless. the third point i want to make is that pyke can go invisible and his R's range is bigger than his W's detection range. --------- combine these three things and you end up with a champion that you're no longer reacting to, but instead predicting. and that feels bad. There's nothing wrong with having his R reset - irelia's Q resets, kat's E resets, zoe's W resets upon pickup, lux's R used to reset, and kayn's entire kit resets if he uses his R. This is something that many champions have. there's nothing wrong with his R doing 1200 true damage. veigar and nasus are champion that deal way more and nasus doesn't even have to use his R for that damage. so damage is not the problem. The reset is not the problem. The problem is the time to react and the knowledge of the opponent. These two things are what make his R straining. He doesn't need damage nerfs, he doesn't need changes to his R. all he needs is a longer wind up on his animation and for his opponents to know when they're about to be fish bait.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T07:04:56.886+0000) > > i wasn't confused. your explanation doesn't change the fact that -90% movement speed is the same thing as not moving. Numbers are variable, 90% was really just a placeholder. > > secondly - requiring dashes means that being extremely generous with the champions that could "dash or blink" these are all of the champions that could even remotely be affected by pyke's R in bottom lane. {{champion:51}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:350}} There's no "dash" requirement. Pyke can use his dash to try to drag the target with him that many units, and champions that have dashes can counter by using their own dashes. Champions without dashes can still move away from Pyke, but their MS is reduced as the fishing line grows more taut. > > third - an R that requires the player to invest their entire kit into it in order to get any use out of it is useless and counter intuitive to good gameplay. An R that resets executes and AOE damages those around it is counter-intuitive to good gameplay. Darius R is fair due to the single target proximity, and if he wants to continue to use it against opponents, he needs to utilize the rest of his kit to deal damage. Pyke does not have this requirement, and instead can just spam R as targets fall below the threshold by being next to another target that got executed. > > fourth - it is just as much of a teamfight auto win as mordekaiser's R if not more so. this ability would remove an entire champion from a teamfight for 10 seconds by pyke simply pressing R, flash, E + Q pull to drag a champion out of mid lane or dragon pit. at max range no basic attacking champion can retaliate at 1500 units and if the distance isn't significant when it comes to dashing why would anyone do it? flash on a 300 second cooldown is a massive trade for "maybe surviving" an auto kill. Teammates cant do anything about a Mordekaiser ult. Teammates can't really do anything about instakill 1v5 Pyke current ult. Teammates CAN shield/heal/boost/use cc breaking items to help their ally, or provide crowd control on Pyke for my design. Additionally, if Pyke selects a target that has flash up, they could utilize flash to drag Pyke into their team, creating opportunity to punish the greedy assassin. > > You're not only giving him free kills on champions without range or dashes, but you're also giving him a point and click Q times 3 with the only counerplay being dont get low on hp or buy these 2 specific items. It doesn't have to reset on kill if it guarantees a kill. this literally guarantees a kill and since pyke isn't required to dive the backline anymore (unless said champion is lablanc omega with 3 dashes and a flash - which as you stated will injure her and make it even more likely for her to die being that she only has 1500 - 2500 hp) Their health has to be below the threshold, the counterplay is also utilize defensive abilities such as shields and heals, orient yourself so that being pulled wouldn't drag you over walls, or bring Cleanse. Right now, the only counters to most execution ults is to utilize these same things i've listed (even less options depending on the other executes currently in game, and even LESS so for Pyke's current execution.) > > -------- > > Your changes to pyke's R are literally garbage. > > the current power that pyke has with his R is that it executes champions that either: > > A: have small amounts of HP > > or > > B: get caught without regen/stasis/etc. You say ETC, but there really isn't an ETC here. If your health bar isn't above the execution threshold within .5s of him using it, or in stasis, you're dead. Even champs with fast dashes like Ezreal can't get out of the way of his current ult in time. But giving the ability a delay won't solve the core issue. The issue is the AOE damage, and the reset, and the distance. > > this power is further increased by the fact that the human eye can't react faster than 17 frames on the average human. When pyke uses his R he teleports and his teleport animation is faster than the human eye can react. This reaction time is even more constrained if playing on an unstable connection or if you're located far away from the nearest server. > Yes, this is why the ability needs to be changed, as there's little to no counterplay in it. > secondly - players do not know when they're in the "danger zone". This means that players who are new and players who've never played pyke free out when they see pyke chunk someone for their entire lifebar. And not every lifebar is equal because the 1500 hp sona and the 4k chogath will have the same size lifebar, but at different scales. if you've never noticed the little notches in the health bar each notch represents a different value. typically those values are 100 and 1000 just like a metric ruler. however if you have so little or so much those values can change. I think it's fair for pyke's R to deal 1200 base damage. If you're not buying HP or HP regen in a game with pyke that's your fault. > Pyke can just pick up grievous wounds to cancel your healing, or even, just continue building AD, to increase his execution threshold. He doesn't even have to try and adapt, he can just build more AD. Too much of a game turns into adapting around Pyke simply from him being selected, and even then, your ADC doesn't have many HP options for countering that 0.5s teleport instagib. > regardless. > > the third point i want to make is that pyke can go invisible and his R's range is bigger than his W's detection range. > > --------- > > combine these three things and you end up with a champion that you're no longer reacting to, but instead predicting. and that feels bad. > > > There's nothing wrong with having his R reset - irelia's Q resets, kat's E resets, zoe's W resets upon pickup, lux's R used to reset, and kayn's entire kit resets if he uses his R. This is something that many champions have. there's nothing wrong with his R doing 1200 true damage. veigar and nasus are champion that deal way more and nasus doesn't even have to use his R for that damage. so damage is not the problem. The reset is not the problem. > The reset IS the problem, coupled with the TYPE of execution that is applied. If it were single target, melee range, no invis options, dash disabled, THEN it would be fine to reset. When you change it to RANGED, it shouldn't reset. When you change it to AOE, it shouldn't reset. When you give him invis and a dash, there should be no reset. On top of this, every single character that you listed who gets their resets ARE NOT EXECUTES. Darius is the only resetting execute prior to Pyke, and it's MELEE. Urgot R is a ranged skillshot, and it doesn't reset. > The problem is the time to react and the knowledge of the opponent. These two things are what make his R straining. > > > He doesn't need damage nerfs, he doesn't need changes to his R. all he needs is a longer wind up on his animation and for his opponents to know when they're about to be fish bait. Either the reset, or the AOE needs to be removed to keep it as the current iteration. Even if you increase the wind up time, one of those changes would STILL need to occur. If the AOE is removed, then the gold buff also needs to be reverted. If the reset were removed, the gold probably wouldn't be so gamebreaking.
Slim Şhady (EUNE)
: The current state of League ( Damage , game pace )
> [{quoted}](name=Slim Şhady,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LXeIfo2o,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:37:57.488+0000) > > Hello, > I just felt like typing my thoughts on how the game used to be and how it is right now. How frustrating it feels to play when the damage power creep is so high, that basically everyone kills each other in 3 abilities unless you are an aftershock user, then you die after those 2,5s . How defensive items have almost no point and every tanky champion that is actually viable is viable cause they deal absurds amounts of damage (Mundo,Shen). > > I remember back in at least season 7 how fights didnt last 2 seconds but actually were played out in like 10-15 seconds, how everyone didnt just explode, unless you were 10/0 on an assassin , how I used to play Zed and actually had to auto after ulting, chase the target a little bit and then kill them, now you just hit 2-3 shurikens with R and its done. (Its just an example) > > I remember how dying once due to a gank didnt cost you the entire game, cause now when you die , you lose a wave maybe even 2, enemy gets 300+ gold depending on assists and on top of that your laner gets another 320 gold or a herald usage for like 800 gold, and the game feels over for you at that point be it 10 minutes into the game . And on top of that the enemy jungler secured another 100 gold from a scuttle crab. All while you were still dead in your 20s death timer. I honestly think something needs to be done.. Is it just me ? Is it just me being sad ? .. > > Thank you for reading ! If you liked season 7 for those reason, you'd have loved season 4 c: Because we were complaining in Season 7 that it wasn't lasting as long as Season 4.
: Lucian is forming a party to rescue Senna, which 4 Champs would you choose to fill out his roster?
{{champion:89}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:3}} You want the goodest, most purest, most kindest bois for holy damage to deal bonus damage to all those undead abominations. {{champion:201}} would also be good.
Eedat (NA)
: {{champion:412}}
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qvpZfhmA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:54:18.243+0000) > > {{champion:412}} I'm Thresh Outta Fux and this is my favorite post on the League of Legends boards.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:24:13.662+0000) > > Im a leona main. Leona physically *CANNOT* defend an adc well. If youre standing ontop of your ADC, youre not creating a proper threat zone, not zoning the enemy, and ultimately arent going to do much with your earlygame power. In standard laning and other small, skirmishy scenarios, this is a bold faced lie.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:45:57.668+0000) > > In standard laning and other small, skirmishy scenarios, this is a bold faced lie. My hero :D
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T19:53:17.451+0000) > > You said standing on top of your carry doesn't create a threat zone. That's a lie. You lterally placed the threat zone on top of the carry, so if someone tries to hit them with poke, they're in Zenith Blade range. You're capping. > > Building a lead and what you said are mutually exclusive concepts, and I'm commenting on the latter, not the former. If all youre doing is standing ontop of your carry, then either you have a lucian and theyre looking for the same, or youre losing lane. Your carry shouldnt be up with you all the time, they have their own engages if you get a good pick.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T20:11:01.202+0000) > > If all youre doing is standing ontop of your carry, then either you have a lucian and theyre looking for the same, or youre losing lane. Your carry shouldnt be up with you all the time, they have their own engages if you get a good pick. You should be within E or R range of your carry, so that if someone gets on them, you can peel em off. It's about proper positioning, and knowing how to play tanks and crowd control characters to the benefit of your team, instead of just yourself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Thresh Outta Fux,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:54:16.857+0000) > > While this is true, the current ability relies on speed to have it be useful. If an enemy sees the X on the ground, they're just going to flash out of it every time. I think this change would sharply cut his pick rate, but I don't think it would reduce his ban rate, because I don't trust my team to be able to react fast enough even with that change, and I believe many other Pyke banners would agree. Alongside this, keeping the reset again makes the ability singlehandedly able to turn the tide of a game off one lucky ult, giving his allies all that gold from one 5 shutdown ace. It's not a matter of adjusting pick and ban rates. It's about increasing visibility and reaction windows for all players. The only time Pyke can ever get 5 resets for a pentakill is if the team bunched up to take AoE damage from each execute. So if you want advice to not get 5 man dunked, don't stand next to each other when everyone is getting picked off by Pyke. So again, by seeing the template where Pyke will strike, players can avoid taking AoE damage from an execute. And it's not even about luck, if you step into the execute or he aims the execute well enough, then you die. This is the same as hooks, if someone steps into your hook or you aim your hook well enough you get the hook, as a Thresh main you would know that. Luck would be critical strikes, pairing sequential Sheen procs at the right time, and coincidentally pairing cooldowns.
> [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T17:14:20.694+0000) > > It's not a matter of adjusting pick and ban rates. It's about increasing visibility and reaction windows for all players. > > > The only time Pyke can ever get 5 resets for a pentakill is if the team bunched up to take AoE damage from each execute. So if you want advice to not get 5 man dunked, don't stand next to each other when everyone is getting picked off by Pyke. So again, by seeing the template where Pyke will strike, players can avoid taking AoE damage from an execute. > > And it's not even about luck, if you step into the execute or he aims the execute well enough, then you die. This is the same as hooks, if someone steps into your hook or you aim your hook well enough you get the hook, as a Thresh main you would know that. > > Luck would be critical strikes, pairing sequential Sheen procs at the right time, and coincidentally pairing cooldowns. I agree that your suggested change would help what you're saying, but I -highly- doubt Riot will go that route, and I -highly- doubt it will make an impact on Pyke's pick/ban rate due to the reset and gold staying. I know probably you or I could dodge that ability, but half the league playerbase? Unlikely. We'd be back on square one, banning Pyke because we don't want to worry about bot laners who can't dodge skill shots. And thusly, the champion will remain only but a quote in pre-game lobby. Agreed on the Crit Strikes/Sheen Procs/Cooldowns comment. RNG has no place in a competitive game and I'd love to see those changed as well (similar to Cait's passive for Crits, have it be every 10th shot is a crit. At 20 crit rate, every 8th shot is a crit. 50 crit rate, every 5th shot. 100 crit rate, every shot is a crit. The rest, well, I don't have an answer for.)
Hotarµ (NA)
: >The resetting, instant, AOE execute is far, far too strong of an ability, and does not fall in line with the role of "Support". _There are no set guidelines when playing Support._ His ultimate is fine when balanced properly (which currently it isn't IMO as it's too rewarding) and one of his most defining features. He's _supposed_ to be a high-risk, high-reward champion who benefits his team through kill power and kill power alone, he's _supposed_ to be a powder keg of a champion who can pop off when given the right scenario. Removing that chain-kill power completely invalidates him unless you massively buffed other areas of his kit. >I'm downvoting because I want to be able to break the tether. _Actually,_ I'm downvoting for three reasons. **_*~~1~~*_** - Because whenever people bring up popular or strong champions that they dislike (be it Pyke, Zoe, Yasuo, etc.) they _always_ exaggerate and are incapable of discussing balance without making sarcastic or overblown comments about the champion and it's players. - "Wow Pyke just 1v5ed the enemy team because they had less than 50% health. Woohoo. League of Snowball everyone. Now his team has twice the gold his opponents do, so fun and well designed, yay." **(Pyke doesn't 1v5, Pyke doesn't land 5 man ults that easily especially with all the heightened mobility we have now, and why is this not hype if it were the case? Why can other champions like Malphite or Gnar land insane ults and _that's_ hype, but not when Pyke does it? Clear double standard.)** - "I'm downvoting because I'm a Pyke main abusing Pyke's inherently strong kit in the 1% of games I get where he isn't banned." **_*~~2~~*_** - Because you keep bringing up counterplay but this change would make Pyke nigh-unplayable. How do you counter Pyke's current ult? Stay at med-high HP, keep a healing ability on hand, save your dashes and blinks for when he's chaining his ult, buy a Zhonya's, increase your MS above a certain point to juke it with ease. How would you counter your version of Pyke's ult? QSS, Zhonya's, Cleanse, heals. Congratulations, you've technically made counterplay more accessible but also made it _more_ unhealthy. Someone can spend 1,300 gold to completely invalidate Pyke for the rest of the game and if he does somehow land an ultimate in a teamfight, he can't do much afterwards because it doesn't reset. _**Pyke is not that strong of a champion when he does not have access to his ultimate.**_ **_*~~3~~*_** - Because as much as you say this change wouldn't gut Pyke, it would. You cannot take an aggressive support (who **cannot heal, shield, or consistently peel in any capacity**) and remove his most effective source of kill power _and_ it's reset mechanic without buffing other areas of his kit. **One** execute without a reset after a _10_ second delay that's counterable by Cleanse, Zhonya's, and QSS in addition to any healing ability in the game? How is that not a hard nerf? That would completely destroy the champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:56:36.216+0000) > > _There are no set guidelines when playing Support._ > > His ultimate is fine when balanced properly (which currently it isn't IMO as it's too rewarding) and one of his most defining features. He's _supposed_ to be a high-risk, high-reward champion who benefits his team through kill power and kill power alone, he's _supposed_ to be a powder keg of a champion who can pop off when given the right scenario. > > Removing that chain-kill power completely invalidates him unless you massively buffed other areas of his kit. Agreed, it is too rewarding. But the reset is too strong, as the rest of his kit IS too strong as it is. As it stands, Assassins in general are not high risk at all. The only risks come down to the greed of the person at the keyboard. Sure, Pyke may not be able to build HP, but that doesn't mean he can't get tanky with proper itemization. If Pyke players didn't follow Assassin Mentality, QWE alone would be enough to win most matchups. > > _Actually,_ I'm downvoting for three reasons. > > **_*~~1~~*_** - Because whenever people bring up popular or strong champions that they dislike (be it Pyke, Zoe, Yasuo, etc.) they _always_ exaggerate and are incapable of discussing balance without making sarcastic or overblown comments about the champion and it's players. > > - "Wow Pyke just 1v5ed the enemy team because they had less than 50% health. Woohoo. League of Snowball everyone. Now his team has twice the gold his opponents do, so fun and well designed, yay." > > - "I'm downvoting because I'm a Pyke main abusing Pyke's inherently strong kit in the 1% of games I get where he isn't banned." > That's exactly what he does though. And the fact that champions are known as "strong" points to a balance problem in itself. If a champion can always be classified as Strong or Weak, that means that there is an imbalance. Additionally, if a champion is popular, the win rate should be lower, due to the increase of less skilled players improperly utilizing said champion. A champion with a low play rate and high win rate may not be overtuned, but a champion with a high play rate and a 50% win rate is -probably- overtuned. > **_*~~2~~*_** - Because you keep bringing up counterplay but this change would make Pyke nigh-unplayable. > > How do you counter Pyke's current ult? Stay at med-high HP, keep a healing ability on hand, save your dashes and blinks for when he's chaining his ult, buy a Zhonya's, increase your MS above a certain point to juke it with ease. > > How would you counter your version of Pyke's ult? QSS, Zhonya's, Cleanse, heals. > > Congratulations, you've technically made counterplay more accessible but also made it _more_ unhealthy. Someone can spend 1,300 gold to completely invalidate Pyke for the rest of the game and if he does somehow land an ultimate in a teamfight, he can't do much afterwards because it doesn't reset. _**Pyke is not that strong of a champion when he does not have access to his ultimate.**_ I spent 1300 gold yesterday to completely invalidate a 27/0/8 Malzahar, came back and won the game. I agree that QSS and Zhonyas are bad items, but unfortunately, unless we see their actives moved to Summoner Spells on 180s cooldowns, it will never get fixed, and some champion will always be gated by someone picking up these items in the store. Additionally, Pyke has an AOE Dash Stun, invisibility, a hook, and a short range stab. I agree, this change could POTENTIALLY drop his power and bring him up to the buffing table, but overall, it would create more opportunities for balance with the champion. His QWE are strong abilities, and may need more or less power once this change goes through, but the resetting R is what will keep the rest of his kit gated and will keep him banned. > > **_*~~3~~*_** - Because as much as you say this change wouldn't gut Pyke, it would. You cannot take an aggressive support (who **cannot heal, shield, or consistently peel in any capacity**) and remove his most effective source of kill power _and_ it's reset mechanic without buffing other areas of his kit. > > **One** execute without a reset after a _10_ second delay that's counterable by Cleanse, Zhonya's, and QSS in addition to any healing ability in the game? How is that not a hard nerf? That would completely destroy the champion. A Blitzcrank and Leona can't heal or shield, but have around the same amount of CC (or less, in Blitz's case.), and what Pyke lacks in those departments he makes up in safety. If Leona E's or Blitz Q's an enemy away from their ADC on 25% HP, it's a one way trip, they are sacrificing themself for their adc. If Pyke Q's an enemy away from their ADC while on 25% HP, he can Dash+Invis Speed boost away and possibly save himself. As I said, pushing Pyke away from the Assassin mentality and more towards the "Protect my partner" mentality will create a healthier relationship between himself and his bot laner. It will also open up opportunities for number tuning on the rest of his kit.
: Increase the length of time the template of his R shows by increasing the time it takes to wind up his ulti. This instead probably the better way to go about fixing his ulti. The main reason inexperienced players are having a tough time dealing with Pyke's ulti is because of how quickly the ability is animated and obstructive the graphics are when Pyke rises from below (the tall splashing effect). If players could see the AoE marker longer it would be easier for players to react without having to completely rework the ulti or Pyke's kit entirely.
> [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:42:13.420+0000) > > Increase the length of time the template of his R shows by increasing the time it takes to wind up his ulti. > > This instead probably the better way to go about fixing his ulti. The main reason inexperienced players are having a tough time dealing with Pyke's ulti is because of how quickly the ability is animated and obstructive the graphics are when Pyke rises from below (the tall splashing effect). If players could see the AoE marker longer it would be easier for players to react without having to completely rework the ulti or Pyke's kit entirely. While this is true, the current ability relies on speed to have it be useful. If an enemy sees the X on the ground, they're just going to flash out of it every time. I think this change would sharply cut his pick rate, but I don't think it would reduce his ban rate, because I don't trust my team to be able to react fast enough even with that change, and I believe many other Pyke banners would agree. Alongside this, keeping the reset again makes the ability singlehandedly able to turn the tide of a game off one lucky ult, giving his allies all that gold from one 5 shutdown ace.
: i think that in your example the interaction between pyke and the person he tethers is clunky. 2 examples of tethers that are in the game currently are morgana and karma. in both of these examples the enemy can break the tether should they go a certain distance from the champion initiating the tether. in your example the opponent isn't able to break the tether and instead is essentially prevented from moving. This would be similar to how Luigi from Luigi's mansion interacts with ghosts when vacuuming them. It's not impossible to create in a game obviously, but in a PVP game where each player experiences lag and such and the primary purpose of pyke's dash being to stun the opponent I believe this would create contradictory gameplay elements and be extremely unfun for the player that pyke is tethering. anyone that plays league knows that 10 seconds is a LONG time to be slowed or restrained. Morgana's Q is between 2 and 3 seconds and we all know how much people complain about her Q. Camille's R only lasts for 2.5 - 4 seconds for example. and finally I think that the concept of a tether that then eventually reels in with pyke and then gives the maw the execution is just plain bad. The R that urgot uses is iconic and thematic, but it still feels bad. Taking a character like pyke and giving him a perpetual death sentence that is a combination of zed's R, morgana's R, Camilles R, and Urgot's R would literally do the exact opposite of decrease pykes power and instead decrease his identity by just strapping a giant team fight auto win nuke onto his kit.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:26:37.113+0000) > > i think that in your example the interaction between pyke and the person he tethers is clunky. 2 examples of tethers that are in the game currently are morgana and karma. > > in both of these examples the enemy can break the tether should they go a certain distance from the champion initiating the tether. > > in your example the opponent isn't able to break the tether and instead is essentially prevented from moving. This would be similar to how Luigi from Luigi's mansion interacts with ghosts when vacuuming them. It's not impossible to create in a game obviously, but in a PVP game where each player experiences lag and such and the primary purpose of pyke's dash being to stun the opponent I believe this would create contradictory gameplay elements and be extremely unfun for the player that pyke is tethering. > > anyone that plays league knows that 10 seconds is a LONG time to be slowed or restrained. Morgana's Q is between 2 and 3 seconds and we all know how much people complain about her Q. Camille's R only lasts for 2.5 - 4 seconds for example. > > > and finally I think that the concept of a tether that then eventually reels in with pyke and then gives the maw the execution is just plain bad. The R that urgot uses is iconic and thematic, but it still feels bad. Taking a character like pyke and giving him a perpetual death sentence that is a combination of zed's R, morgana's R, Camilles R, and Urgot's R would literally do the exact opposite of decrease pykes power and instead decrease his identity by just strapping a giant team fight auto win nuke onto his kit. Hm, let me clarify a little better: The target's movement speed is reduced by 0% up to 90% based on distance. At 400 units away, the target's MS remains as it normally is. However, after 1500 Units (**This may need to be a larger distance**), their MS is reduced by 90%. Anywhere from 400 and 1500 units, the target experiences a slowing effect that increases with distance from Pyke, anywhere after 1500 units remains at 90% speed reduction. Dashes/Flashes will drag the other end of the line that distance backward. You are not anchored to a location, you are connected to Pyke, and Pyke is connected to you. If you were playing, say, Leblanc, you could bait his R, then dash twice, dragging Pyke over walls and directly into your team for a free kill. Additionally, the range should keep you outside of Pyke's E stun range, creating the decision of whether Pyke should use his E to drag you backwards, or try to get closer to you and use E to stun you, thereby forfeitting the slow usefulness of his ult, or save E to escape in case you drag him into your team. Finally, this ability DOES NOT RESET ON A KILL. This is not a teamfight auto win, as it's SINGLE TARGET ONLY. Right now, Pyke's ult is ALREADY a team fight auto win nuke. The whole post (if you read it) is to REMOVE his reset, but still adding more fair mechanic that has actual counterplay, instead of an INSTANT AOE EXECUTE THAT RESETS. I hope this better explains what I'm trying to convey, and that i'm trying to FIX the problem that already exists, not re-create it.
Pika Fox (NA)
: "pyke encourages assassin mentality instead of support mentality" There is no such thing as a proper support mentality, as there is a wide range of different types of support. But realistically, pyke plays no different than leona. Neither can effectively save or defend your adc, and both are good at singling out one single target to die now. Only real difference is pyke is garbage pre 6, leona is garbage post 8
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:25:15.007+0000) > > "pyke encourages assassin mentality instead of support mentality" > > There is no such thing as a proper support mentality, as there is a wide range of different types of support. > > But realistically, pyke plays no different than leona. Neither can effectively save or defend your adc, and both are good at singling out one single target to die now. Only real difference is pyke is garbage pre 6, leona is garbage post 8 As a Leona player, I can tell you that is -definitely- false, if you can't/aren't protecting or defending your adc based on positioning, crowd control, and body blocking, you're not playing your position properly. Yes, you can do this with Pyke too. But, in a lane with an ADC is not the location that Assassin Mentality belongs. I've seen so many Pyke players watch their ADC die when they could have saved them because they simply don't care about supporting their teammate, because it's all about THEM, they're PYKE, the SUPERSTAR IN BOT LANE! A true Leona player will put her life on the line for her ADC, a Pyke will watch them drown.
: You clearly put a lot of work into this! I appreciate that. I feel like the real target that should be touched is his safety
> [{quoted}](name=Horse Grenades ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:24:02.214+0000) > > You clearly put a lot of work into this! I appreciate that. I feel like the real target that should be touched is his safety This ult will encourage Pyke players to play less safely to properly utilize it. I agree he's far too safe, but without a rework to his W/E that I highly doubt Riot will touch within the next five years, this is the best shot we have.
: Tbh, this sounds like Urgot's ultimate on hypersteroid.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rc5qXslx,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-20T16:14:40.434+0000) > > Tbh, this sounds like Urgot's ultimate on hypersteroid. Would you rather have Pyke with an Urgot ult or Pyke with Pyke's ult? Easy decisions man, easy decisions.
: Creating a more healthy and balanced Pyke, starting with his Arrr!
Please remember to upvote and comment if you like these changes! If you have more questions or want to discuss fine tuning, please do so!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Can you remove Spear already Riot?
If you want to get spear removed: {{champion:75}} +{{item:3101}} +{{item:3057}} +{{item:3024}} +{{item:3067}} + {{item:3161}} with the cdr cap removal rune.
: The Iceborn sounds like Champion Idea examples or Ideas Giant Type of Champion Mammoth Type of Champion or Type of Champion that would be the cause of the war to ruin fortress might be the former capitol of Freljord in fact was in sense after releasing such a champion.. Just some ideas. Thank-you for the Lore!
> [{quoted}](name=Support Bot NA,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=db3ETsJy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T01:19:22.249+0000) > > The Iceborn sounds like Champion Idea > > examples or Ideas > > **Giant Type of Champion** > **Mammoth Type of Champion** > > or Type of Champion that would be the cause of the war to ruin fortress might be the former capitol of Freljord in fact was in sense after releasing such a champion.. > > Just some ideas. Thank-you for the Lore! Can we just turn Gragas into a mammoth for his rework?
: please more of this. Maybe we can get gym teacher {{champion:23}} after that. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kaelramus,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=T5lm5han,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-15T15:17:38.162+0000) > > please more of this. Maybe we can get gym teacher {{champion:23}} after that. > {{sticker:sg-kiko}} Gym teacher Gragas, can't be having fit gym teachers wtf. You want Art Teacher Fiora and Theatre Class Jhin along with those. Although... Maybe they should turn Battle Academia and Academia into two separate rival school lines...
: The Ruined Fortress of the Iceborn & Vaults of the Iceborn beneath Frosthorn Peak
Not my lore cup of tea, but here's a bump. Fyi you said coclusion instead of conclusion :0
: Post That Didn't Age Well: Skarner Edition (1 of 2)
Skarner should have his own trinket, so that he can place his own spires. Placed spires will act like wards until their expiration time, be able to be controlled by either team, and give him his aoe buff when owned (3 seconds after placing, can't just have him place one mid fight and instawin). This allows Skarner to strategically play in either lanes or jungle. After this change, adjust numbers as necessary. Also, potentially allowing his spires to have a limited time stealth detection after placement, or giving him the option for red ward effect with a max of 2 spires, green ward with the max of 3 spires, or blue ward with 2 spire max.
: Tired of Ranked
Yup. Promo system was designed to force players to grind/play more to increase retention time. Increased retention time means player bonds with champion. Player bonds with champion means purchasing congratulatory skin for self after finally winning promos. I'm thinking for 9.19 I'm going to buy Sea of Thieves. But the true League playerbase drop will happen when Halo Reach PC finally arrives.
: Why can't Riot move to a fully transparent MMR ranked system?
: > [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAlxqEK2,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T18:34:04.645+0000) > > im NOT completely giving a blind eye to that, i already conceded that they added the ability to track specific abilities, but for only one champion ability from its current standing. thats the actual """"work"""" that i was reffereing to that they appended. > > what makes it worth LESS is the fact that nearly 2/3 of the eternals on all the champions are generic damage dealt, or kills and assists on each champion as well as healing done. you can find this as you said, FOR FREE, which is even stupider on riots part to charge for. 2/3 of the work was already done for them, with the ability to trail all the way back to season 1. why are they going to bother charging money for something when nearly 75% of the work was already done? > > thats what i was pointing out > > also he was most probably downvoted because they are in fact tracking healing done, damage dealt, max kills total kills, and damage dealt. which again is almost all of the eternals. Have you checked the updated Eternals at all? They already redid Eternals so the RP only Eternals are A) cheaper, and B) track unique things (like Kills within X seconds of exiting stealth as Evelynn, or landing all basic abilities on 1 enemy champion within X seconds as Renekton). The generic stat tracking ones will come later and be available from the blue essence emporium. You can check out the change here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/MjrsLTba-eternals-feedback-thread-set-1-uniques The point is for the vast majority of Eternals Riot is doing, that site covers nothing. I'm not even sure a argument could be made for any of the current Eternals; as far as I know Riot hasn't tracked kills with X ability or long range abilities landed or skillshots dodged, just how many times a specific button has been pressed and total damage dealt.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KAlxqEK2,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T19:15:05.033+0000) > > Have you checked the updated Eternals at all? They already redid Eternals so the RP only Eternals are A) cheaper, and B) track unique things (like Kills within X seconds of exiting stealth as Evelynn, or landing all basic abilities on 1 enemy champion within X seconds as Renekton). The generic stat tracking ones will come later and be available from the blue essence emporium. > > You can check out the change here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/MjrsLTba-eternals-feedback-thread-set-1-uniques > > The point is for the vast majority of Eternals Riot is doing, that site covers nothing. I'm not even sure a argument could be made for any of the current Eternals; as far as I know Riot hasn't tracked kills with X ability or long range abilities landed or skillshots dodged, just how many times a specific button has been pressed and total damage dealt. This was actually their plan from the beginning. I heard someone predicted they were going to put them at a high price, and cut it to a lower price, to get players to think it's okay to pay for eternals, instead of just making it free like every other game does achievements. You're getting swindled my dude. It's the same thing as those price tags for purses saying "50% OFF! WAS 300$, NOW 150$!" And people flock in to buy the item, when it really didn't even cost 10$ to manufacture in the first place.
: Step 2: all champions with any kind of healing immediately become pick or ban
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f3AzspMA,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-09-11T03:02:30.092+0000) > > Step 2: all champions with any kind of healing immediately become pick or ban {{item:3123}} or reduce regen rates down to healthy amounts as well.
: Why can't Riot move to a fully transparent MMR ranked system?
I can tell every time the playerbase on league has new people. Because the same old suggestions crop up, get upvoted into oblivion, and die off as those players get disillusioned with the game and quit, only to be replaced by new players caught in the next wave of Youtube Advertisements. Riot used to have a system like this. They got rid of it to force player retention through elongating the process to which you would climb the ranked ladder, therefore requiring you to play more games, and more games equals more bonding with your champion, and more bonding with your champion equals more skin purchases. Trust me dude, the ONLY way Riot will go back to Elo is if the public outcry against their design philosophies were to get to EA levels, there's too many sheep who will argue for them no matter what points you make.
puśsý (NA)
: What tanks need
Step 1: Cut damage in half across the board. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Tanks are viable.
: Interactions that we don’t have, but ones we desperately need
I'm Thresh Outta Fux and this is my favorite post on the league of legends boards.
: Why do you keep playing this game?
Halo Reach PC isn't out yet. As soon as it is, buh bai Riot, buh bai Tencent.
Rioter Comments
: Save Twisted Treeline
I'd really like it to stay in customs. Played a friendly 3v3 the other day and it was fun AF. Map still looks gorgeous.
Lapis (OCE)
: Hmm. Whenever I see this suggestion, it's always presented as a solution to replace autofill. And I always say the same thing, People will use it to play any role but support, and we'd be back to the ungodly queue times. But this suggestion keeps autofill, so I have nothing to criticize. Sure, I can't think of a reason why this shouldn't be implemented, bring it on.
> [{quoted}](name=Lapis,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K4LAwjA9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-02T12:14:20.059+0000) > > Hmm. Whenever I see this suggestion, it's always presented as a solution to replace autofill. And I always say the same thing, People will use it to play any role but support, and we'd be back to the ungodly queue times. > But this suggestion keeps autofill, so I have nothing to criticize. Sure, I can't think of a reason why this shouldn't be implemented, bring it on. Lies. I will use it to play anything but jungle.
: TF Blade and the Problem with Riot
I report a person maybe once, twice a month. And nearly every time, I get that message afterwards. If you report for every little detail, your reports have less value than someone who never reports. Makes sense to me, seems like how it works.
: Kai'sa every game
Jus' sayin' that my boy is a counter to both these guys... {{champion:412}} ADC, that is.
Show more

Thresh Outta Fux

Level 145 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion