: ...? None of those games show that your allies were at fault. In most of them, you made the mistake of picking a weak healer with no engage tools and the weakest disengage tool among all enchanters first-pick, resulting in your team getting out-comped. The reality is that Yuumi is severely lacking. And my stance on it is that they didn't realize they made her stats and detach-dash so low that she's basically guaranteed to die if the person she's attached to dies. That kind of character should be as far away from the fight as possible, not right in the thick of it.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-05-19T05:04:37.724+0000) > > ...? > > None of those games show that your allies were at fault. In most of them, you made the mistake of picking a weak healer with no engage tools and the weakest disengage tool among all enchanters first-pick, resulting in your team getting out-comped. > > The reality is that Yuumi is severely lacking. And my stance on it is that they didn't realize they made her stats and detach-dash so low that she's basically guaranteed to die if the person she's attached to dies. That kind of character should be as far away from the fight as possible, not right in the thick of it. Oh, you're one of those. Carry on, you're not worth talking to anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-19T04:58:17.061+0000) > > I STILL LIKE GUNBLADE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Stop. Building. Gunblade.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-19T05:02:11.457+0000) > > Stop. Building. Gunblade. {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}} {{item:3148}}
: > [{quoted}](name=thecowley,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-19T03:44:26.498+0000) > > {{item:3030}} can you activate that while attached? Yes, you can activate all items while attached.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-05-19T04:54:49.721+0000) > > Yes, you can activate all items while attached. I STILL LIKE GUNBLADE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: I mean, look at her. Yuumi requires not only the adc, but the entire team, and everyone has to understand how her kit works and how to play with her. Given solo queue and communication, it's safe to assume she's not going to be able to work to her full potential. Same way I don't respect a {{champion:63}} who refuses to build {{item:3151}} vs 3 tanks Clearly it won't work out for whatever reason
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-05-19T04:49:41.032+0000) > > I mean, look at her. Yuumi requires not only the adc, but the entire team, and everyone has to understand how her kit works and how to play with her. Given solo queue and communication, it's safe to assume she's not going to be able to work to her full potential. > > Same way I don't respect a {{champion:63}} who refuses to build {{item:3151}} vs 3 tanks > > Clearly it won't work out for whatever reason Soraka has the same handicap. If you're not protected by someone, and the enemy knows how much of a threat you are to their existence, you will die. Katarina has a similar handicap, insofar as if she's 1v5ing too far ahead and there's nobody to Shunpo herself to, she's dead. Lee Sin has the same problem. The primary difference between Yuumi and the latter 2 is that there is damage permissible on them, where Yuumi is designed for light-ish poke and healing, and literally has half a kit worth of damage compared to them.
: Care to provide evidence for that claim? Or are we in the business of trying to farm for upvotes by making claims that directly contradict reality? Are you actually trying to say that every player in Platinum and above playing Ranked is not taking the game seriously?
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=njk32rpo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-19T03:29:49.691+0000) > > Care to provide evidence for that claim? > > Or are we in the business of trying to farm for upvotes by making claims that directly contradict reality? > > Are you actually trying to say that every player in Platinum and above playing Ranked is not taking the game seriously? https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3046065209/238012107?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3045018906/238012107?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3044883885/238012107?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3044482569/238012107?tab=overview https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/3044482569/238012107?tab=overview Those are just losses. The K/D/A difference between myself and my teammates, along with every other necessary stat for Support, are telling. I can no longer count on one hand how many teammates have face-checked the enemy and made crappy decisions that even my best play on my best champ would not have saved them from. I've had constant people in champ select, much like Wrap's screenshot, basically say 'well gg we have Yuumi.' Reality is much more complex than you want it to be.
: Riot Games hires its first Chief Diversity Officer
**UPDATE** I've unlocked the thread for now. Keep these things in mind or I'm gonna have to lock it or remove it completely. OP, I've edited your original post, because comments at the expense of a group of people are not tolerated. If you have questions, come see us privately and I'll give details. NOW, FOR THE REST OF YOU. - No soapboxing. If you disagree with someone and the argument isn't moving, sometimes it's okay to move on and drop the point. - If someone is bothering your or insisting on responding when you don't want them to, *it's okay to just leave*. If they follow you outside the thread and are persistent about being rude, report the posts or come to the Moderation Team for help. - Keep it civil. Insults are not a good way to get your point across. *** HEY GUESS WHAT I am cleaning this thread up, since it's become *quite* an interesting read, and I'd like to keep up. AS SUCH, it's getting locked, until it's appropriate to unlock and resume. If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
: [PSA] LP Splashing Doesn't Get you into Promos
I feel like if you splash once to 100LP, okay fine, don't necessarily declare it your promos, *but* if you splash two consecutive times at 100 LP off-role, I see no reason to at least call it promos and start the 2/3 process from there.
Zezilian (EUNE)
: But that's exactly how intentional feeders successfully violates the code. i don't think I said anything unknown for the community.
I may be aware of that, but on the off chance that there are people out there who haven't figured that out, we don't want to hand them that fuel, feel me? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: > [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59TPzYBr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-27T01:35:49.193+0000) > > Seriously back the hell off your tower and trade bot tower damage for mid tower damage and and xp lead. > > I don&amp;#039;t understand how literally every bot lane I ever get just feeds double kill after double kill to any Zed I play against. I ping him before he even leaves the lane, ping him again on the way down. Doesn&amp;#039;t matter though, first time I base for mana he goes bot and gets a double kill. Any time after that he goes bot and I can&amp;#039;t follow because he has a lead being 2/0/0 and he just racks up the kills. > > Then most of the time the bot lane has the audacity to ask if I&amp;#039;m ever going to do anything. Ya, do my damnedest to not die to the 9/0/0 Zed when I&amp;#039;m sitting at 0/0/2 still... Malzahar vs. Fizz. Fizz knows he can't outpush me but I can't push either since he can just outright jump on me and ult a kill, so he goes roam. I ping bot lane 7 times with each ping dragging from mid to river to bot, bot lane doesn't give a shit, fizz gets his kills and does the Fizz things the rest of the game. Which is to say, snowball. <Removed by Moderation> The game can be summarized the following way: whichever bot lane doesn't shit the bed wins their team the game. It's virtually all bot lane and jungler. I was a Garen against Nasus, couldn't freeze wave on Nasus so he farmed out and by lv6 onwards I either couldn't kill him or he could just Wither disengage and heal back to full off minions faster than my passive ever would. I didn't feed him directly, but by being forced to roam he farmed out even faster. Which wasn't a bad thing, because while he farmed I pressured mid and river and once Nasus had to leave top lane because our bot lane was winning and I was helping mid, I could just play the split push game to get back up. Nasus could 1v4 the team if I wasn't there to silence him, but my support, jg, and mid and even the camp farming <Removed by Moderation> yasuo didn't crap the bed and played the bait game while I took turrets. No one but Nasus could duel my Garen so they had to choose between Nasus stopping me and leaving the rest of their team to lose the teamfight, or try to wipe my team with the nasus and take objectives faster than I could. In essence, because I had a winning bot lane, I won. Not because I won my lane.
I've edited your comment because some of the language used was in violation of the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE). Being frustrated at players and their playstyles is fine, but name calling isn't appropriate on the Boards. If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
: TRASH COMPANY REFUND MY MONEY
Hello there! Looks like the Reddit thread you linked has been deleted, not to mention **Naming and Shaming** other players isn't tolerated on the Boards, so I removed it. That being said, if you have concerns about problematic behaviour in-game, you can always report via the post-game lobby as well as submit a ticket to [Player Support](http://support.riotgames/com) if you think the behaviour is too egregious to risk missing. Please keep the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE) of the Boards in mind when posting, as repeatedly breaking them can lead to corrective action. If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
Zezilian (EUNE)
: Special report for feeding intentionally
Hello! Quick note, I edited your OP, because even casual suggestions of how people can violate the Summoner's Code aren't appropriate for the Boards, even if you're not actively encouraging people to do so. We don't want people discovering loopholes! Please double check the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE), if you're in need of clarification. If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
: > [{quoted}](name=MiracleMorg94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bZ9nqV1V,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-28T14:34:32.993+0000) > > Nope. She was mid lane until she was pushed bot. Just like Morg and Karma. > > And she only sees play more as support because Meddler fucking nerfed her mid lane too much that she&#x27;s not viable there anymore. If he hadn&#x27;t done that, we wouldn&#x27;t be seeing her bot as much. > > We aren&#x27;t hypocrites either. Be respectful. <Removed by Moderation> sorry but no, she was never pushed bot. She has been seeing support play since season 3 at the bare minimum, you know when her "rework/update" didn't even happen yet. <Removed by Moderation> Zyra has seen and is constantly seeing and will always see more play as a support no matter what you want to believe. You can keep believing all you want that Meddler screwed her and pushed her bot all you want. It changes not a single thing that she was seeing support play way more than mid lane play way before meddler even touched her. <Removed by Moderation> and i'm pretty sure she was seeing support play in season 2 but since I don't remember much of season 2 can't say for certain
Hello! I've edited your comment, because there is no need for name calling or belittling language when disagreeing with someone. If you want to make a case for a differing opinion that's fine, but calling someone's statements useless or calling people hypocrites is not welcome on the Boards per the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE). If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
: Hi Neeko. Obviously I was tilted. That was my 3rd loss in a row in promos and I really didnt want to start in Bronze again especially after how long it took me to get out of it from last season. I understand that it wasn't your fault and I did not mean the "you are nothing" statement because it wouldnt be a team game if we didnt need all 5 teammates. I was extremely tilted and I have a history of acting out of control when I am angry, which I 100% was. I was out of line, and I apologize. To you, and to my other teammates if they see this (unlikely, but still). It's something Ive been trying to control but sometimes my rage gets the best of me. I truly do feel terrible for the situation and I need to realize it's just a game and I'll get on a winning streak some other time. Again, Im sorry. Thank you for shoving my post down my throat and making me eat my own words (I can see how that sounds sarcastic, but it isn't). I will try my best to control my emotions next time
Trust me, I feel you on the tilt. But I've learned over several hundred games that taking out my own anger on my teammates is not beneficial to me, or to my team. I appreciate your apology. I guarantee that I felt like complete crap after that game because of what was said, because I know my KP was bad, I was absent from most of those fights by sheer effort of trying to recoup my vision score and see where they were. I was watching that map constantly. It's why I was so desperate for people to play defense, because I saw their patterns, it was my job to see their patterns. We all get like that, and even I'm not immune to letting the tilt come out in chat, but I've definitely toned it down a lot from before. It takes work, and I'm glad you're at least able to see that. Best of luck to you, truly. You're skilled at the game, and I'm sure we'll both have the back breaking climb out of Bronze once again. See you soon on the Rift. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
HisAngle (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vLt5npMX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-25T20:25:31.009+0000) > > I was Neeko. > > You also belittled your teammates, called them trash, told me specifically I was nothing because of my KP that was stunted from a perma-shoved bot lane, and refused to play defensively while telling me to &#x27;stfu.&#x27; > > A Baron challenge that I specifically warned against went sour, because only two people went into the fight while at least two more of us were respawning or trying to keep base clear. > > That match was hard, but it was not unwinnable even with Darius feeding. Defensive play was stressed constantly in that game, but it didn't happen with enough teammates, and the game ended poorly because of that. There was too much pushing with the 'I can 1v5' mantra being thrown out there but it clearly wasn't an accurate statement. > > The other teammates were not the only problematic ones there. > > EDIT: Further, what changes to matchmaking do you think would help, here? You&#x27;re asking for it to be fixed, but offering no solution. Damn, you just destroyed him.Nice, burn the toxic people to the ground.
I personally severely dislike teammates who think they are the entire game because of their KDA. I doubly dislike teammates who don't take their own advice to farm and make up a deficit, or who blame up to four other people for themselves being too far up with insufficient vision and peel. Mechanical skill in a game is one thing, being demeaning of your teammates renders that skill pointless if nobody wants to help you. I also updated my words in the quote box in your post because I am trying to calm down, so if it looks funny that's why. I edited my own post too.
: Im being placed with children
I was Neeko. You also belittled your teammates, called them trash, told me specifically I was nothing because of my KP that was stunted from a perma-shoved bot lane, and refused to play defensively while telling me to 'stfu.' A Baron challenge that I specifically warned against went sour, because only two people went into the fight while at least two more of us were respawning or trying to keep base clear. That match was hard, but it was not unwinnable even with Darius feeding. Defensive play was stressed constantly in that game, but it didn't happen with enough teammates, and the game ended poorly because of that. There was too much pushing with the 'I can 1v5' mantra being thrown out there but it clearly wasn't an accurate statement. The other teammates were not the only problematic ones there. EDIT: Further, what changes to matchmaking do you think would help, here? You're asking for it to be fixed, but offering no solution.
: Thanks for the report, we'll have a look. It's possible that it's just a UI bug but you're actually getting progress. Unsure though, we'll check.
You're very welcome! I average a level a day (or used to,) and I haven't surpassed 311 yet despite playing probably enough games to hit 312.
  Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oEnW6ptn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T07:27:07.715+0000) > > {{champion:164}} > > I love herrrrrrrr _loads Whisper_ Not in my fucking lane. Seriously, though, I wouldn't be willing to try anything besides a support champion support for... Obvious reasons. I don't really trust off meta stuff unless I know the person well, and even then its like "I would rather you just not do that" because the other teammates might not be on board. I have been trying to open up to weird support picks, I really have, but it honestly just never works out well because I'm either A.) Not used to it, B.) They are only doing it to troll cause they got autofilled and don't want to support, or C.) The rest of the team uses it as justification to lock in something weird then feed their asses off. I used to see {{champion:57}} support back when I first started playing but I haven't seen it for a while and I'm not sure why. He has good anti-gank/play measures with his saplings, a multi-person root to engage with, ect. I would honestly just go Janna though if I was playing support or Blitz if we needed some tank, because I don't trust myself enough to play off meta and I don't trust my teammates enough to not freak out if I do.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oEnW6ptn,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-01-23T07:47:07.724+0000) > > _loads Whisper_ > Not in my fucking lane. > > Seriously, though, I wouldn&#x27;t be willing to try anything besides a support champion support for... Obvious reasons. I don&#x27;t really trust off meta stuff unless I know the person well, and even then its like &quot;I would rather you just not do that&quot; because the other teammates might not be on board. > > I have been trying to open up to weird support picks, I really have, but it honestly just never works out well because I&#x27;m either A.) Not used to it, B.) They are only doing it to troll cause they got autofilled and don&#x27;t want to support, or C.) The rest of the team uses it as justification to lock in something weird then feed their asses off. > > I used to see {{champion:57}} support back when I first started playing but I haven&#x27;t seen it for a while and I&#x27;m not sure why. He has good anti-gank/play measures with his saplings, a multi-person root to engage with, ect. > > I would honestly just go Janna though if I was playing support or Blitz if we needed some tank, because I don&#x27;t trust myself enough to play off meta and I don&#x27;t trust my teammates enough to not freak out if I do. *Hookshot* It's not just your fucking lane. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} It's absolutely fine if you're not comfortable personally playing off-meta supports, but if you're of the opinion that you can dictate what your teammates do based on past experiences, that sets a bad tone for your lane. I am not fond of bottom carries who tell me who to play, what to do, where to be, or how to do my job. Asking me for a certain play and strategising is one thing, but being a micromanaging jerk will not end well for you if I have to lane with you. I either feed my ass off trying to compensate, or I roam because who the hell wants to be around someone who's being an ass? Don't tilt me, I do my job better. EZPZ. Like I get it, not everyone takes support as seriously as they should and that's a goddamn problem, but if you legitimately start a game by not trusting your teammates, you're in for a bad time. Play cautiously, and communicate if you need to, but have some trust. Team game.
Madjack01 (EUW)
: Any alternative tanky supports you like to play?
: > [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=p4ppB2qz,comment-id=000300000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-23T05:03:21.162+0000) > > [It is not a lie](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/jl4Xsnyo-unlock-permanently-banned-accounts-for-reformed-players?comment=0009000000020000). Riot [has stated](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/w1NvVEdJ-unban-me?comment=000d) as much [before](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/kFMa0lB9-maybe-its-just-me-or-is-riot-being-completely-irrational-about-this?comment=0004). > > So, unless Riot themselves are liars now, _permanent bans are not lifted unless they were issued in error. That is the rule._ > > Anything different is an _exceptional case_. > > We're having a discussion about the [NA Reform Experiment](https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/93636h/permanent_bans_only_being_lifted_in_na/e3ay0d8/), specifically, you told Rujitra that, if the experiment concluded with people having failed to reform, then they unbanned the wrong players. I told you that players not reforming does not mean that the wrong sample was chosen, but that the sample ultimately resolved to a specific conclusion based on the data. > > You argued that the experiment would have been more successful (which is subjective, by the way - it would be more successful to _you_) if they had a specific subgroup of players (Honor 5's and reformed players), which, I'm telling you, would be bad science. > > And now you're arguing that the experiment was supposed to show that good behavior on another account could result in getting your permabanned main unbanned, which _is not true_. > > Our conversation was originally about how selecting specific samples to skew data towards a predetermined conclusion is bad science, but now it's just devolved into arguing about the purpose and parameters of the experiment. > > If you wanna keep this dialogue going, I'm gonna have to suggest we both tone down the combative nature, and for you to read up on the NA Reform Experiment. I linked the primary Reddit post up there earlier, but I'll also supply the link [here](https://old.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/93636h/permanent_bans_only_being_lifted_in_na/e3ay0d8/), as well as the follow up post detailing the experiment closing [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/94f90r/riot_is_closing_the_permaban_accounts_experiment/). What you are referring to are things said in the past. The nature of the game and the nature of people and the nature of most everything is a change over time. That something was said before doesn't mean it still holds sway. The most intelligent people in the highest postions on earth once told everyone the world was flat. They were wrong. Right now we're at the point where you have said "Riot doesn't unban people who were banned 'correctly'" where I countered with "this entire conversation is about the people who were unbanned who had been 'correctly banned," and then you responded with a few paragraphs . You can't have it both ways here. They can't Unban people who WERE 'correctly' banned and say OH NO THEY DONT UNBAN people. That doesn't make any logical or reasonable sense. The topic of the thread is "when will more people be unbanned." Because we know Riot unbans, no MATTER WHAT WAS SAID IN THE PAST. {{sticker:sona-playing}}
Hi yes hello! Please keep the conversation civil, and try to refrain from attacking points of the person your responding to that have no merit to the conversation at hand. Otherwise you run the risk of breaking the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE). If you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
Rioter Comments
: Can someone please explain to me this?
Damage mitigation refers to damage that's prevented via Armor and Magic Resist, as well as shields. However, if Rengar had something like Ravenous Hydra or another Lifesteal item, he'd heal back damage taken rather than mitigating it. That can make the numbers look funny.
: So I'm looking at the Summoner's Code for reasons, and...
{{sticker:poppy-wink}} Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, um....HAMMER!
: Thankyou that was heartwarming! Im going to play bots indefinatly now, bye!
No problem you have fun {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: I had a bad team and i was asking if they needed any help and they said not from a noob lol. thanks for the advise it really helps.
They sound like bums and I would drag them by their ears to your room and make them say sorry if I could. Jokes aside, some people blow off their bad self esteem issues on you, but for what it’s worth you did really well by offering to help them despite it all. Sometimes you can get through to them and it’s awesome when it happens.
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=3cbgqLQP,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T18:51:23.721+0000) > > It starts with accountability. > > I get it, it&amp;#039;s frustrating when your teammates aren&amp;#039;t doing well. But believe it or not, a more productive answer to &amp;#039;[Champion] why are you feeding&amp;#039; or any similar sentiment is &amp;#039;How can I help [lane, champion] do better?&amp;#039; > > I will admit, I am not the best at playing this game. Many of us aren&amp;#039;t. But a solid mindset that even professionals will tell you, is to make sure you realise that *you can only control yourself.* > > Bot lane behind for x reasons? See if there&amp;#039;s an opportunity to help them. If not, snowball another lane. Don&amp;#039;t be an ass to them. > Jungle full of death? Ward safely, avoid chasing kills through there, and communicate your needs. > > There is a reason that pings exist; to communicate effectively in a minimal amount of time. > > I will admit, I am not immune to letting frustration out in-game. It took me a long time to learn that doing so is problematic, and only makes my life worse. So even if I&amp;#039;m tilted, I will do my best despite being angry at my team to figure out what *I* can do. > > Dying a lot? Focus on playing back and staying safe. > Vision down? Place wards any safe place I can. > > Yelling at your teammates, or even questioning their decisions after the fact, sets you up for failure. It&amp;#039;s a team game, but for some reason (especially below Gold from my experience) there&amp;#039;s this unfortunate mentality that you&amp;#039;re the only one who matters. Granted, there are several design elements in the game that make this perception valid. But, since the players can&amp;#039;t control Riot, we have to start with someone. And that&amp;#039;s ourselves. Answer me this question. I got permanently banned from being frustrated of playing this game. For me Its sickening to watch people not understanding the basics like you mentioned. You mentioned dying a lot primarly because you can argue people dont play that role. As a result 4 other people have to suffer because of this. Where do we draw the line at yelling at our teammates, expectations? A lot of players from my experience are very selfish individual picking master yi , yasuo etc instead of looking at what the team needs. I get angry because people can just go to rank with zero CARE and think its ok to screw other people over. If we complain or just tilt we get punished but not that action that led to it. I want to play a good game just want your opinion on my vent. Its hard to address accountability when others won't even meet you half way and just keep feeding and farming. Its just practice to them and blame its "preseason".
> Where do we draw the line at yelling at our teammates, expectations? You don't yell at them. Period. There is no psychological benefit to bitching at people on your team, regardless of how mad you are. Regardless of how much *you* think they deserve it. Abuse the hell out of the systems in place to get them banned, if you must. Recognise that there will be games where people won't play the way you want them to. Accept the fact that you are not the be-all, end-all decision maker in a team full of random people, assuming you're playing Solo Queue. You're right, people will choose champions or play selfishly. That's on them. If you want something to be different, you have to use the resources at your disposal to accomplish that. Your teammates are not resources at your disposal.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Well, my ISP is still blocking Twitch. Good to know.
That's unfortunate. I'm glad you wanted to stop by though! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Maybe I'll do it again some time.
Rioter Comments
SHIN0BU (NA)
: Not really cryptic, as the sun is what makes the moon visible at night hence “the same light”.
Shhhh I'm not good at words lol Maybe ominous was more accurate.
Reksee (NA)
: Aurelion Sol Voice Lines through 5 layers of google translate
> "You and Diana draw the same light.” This is poetic and cryptic as fuck and I am so here for the fist fight that would start.
: Why not fix the bad matchmaking and ridiculous MMR system? In fact just get rid of the MMR system and do a straight ranked ladder. And as for your suggestion of helping a failing lane: Do you play this game? I don't know how many times I will gank a lane several times in a couple minutes and they just face plant the moment I leave their lane. It's not like you can just baby-sit a failing lane. I mean, you can, but whatever you were supposed to be doing will then fail too. You can't baby sit bot because then your mid gets to free farm and take your turret. The game doesn't work the way you are suggesting.
> And as for your suggestion of helping a failing lane: > Do you play this game? I do, in fact, play this game. I play it a lot, actually. Which is why I left an open-ended if/else statement with regard to *one* facet of a complex strategy-infused game: > Bot lane behind for x reasons? See if there's an opportunity to help them. **If not, snowball another lane.** *** > Why not fix the bad matchmaking and ridiculous MMR system? In fact just get rid of the MMR system and do a straight ranked ladder. That doesn't in any way negate any need for personal accountability and integrity on behalf of the players, and *furthermore*, > Granted, there are several design elements in the game that make this perception valid. But, since the players can't control Riot, we have to start with someone. And that's ourselves. I mention that too. This isn't about what Riot needs to do. It's about what we can, and need, to do. *** > The game doesn't work the way you are suggesting. Not right now, no, because of a set of complex problems, one of which I'm trying to suggest here, some of the suggestions of which I've actually used to turn an open allied Nexus into a well-deserved win.
: TBH I feel that none of this would matter if Riot would fix it's matchmaking. Well, not so much "fix" as much as _improve_ it. It feels like every game I'm being grouped with half a team who should be playing intermediate bots. **That** is something that I feel leads to the most toxicity and flaming in this game, moreso than just general tilting from losses or such. If the matchmaking system took into account your lane, role (ADC, Support, Mage, Tank, etc), and stats depending on the role (minions/minute, k/da, damage healed/dealt/taken, vision score, etc) then the health of this community would probably improve. Besides all that, having been playing this game for going on 7 years now, the first five of which were full of boards constantly drilling the idea of "It's not them, it's you" into my head...at this point, if I'm still having the same damn complaints, it's probably not me. It feels even worse when you _do_ give advice as respectable as possible yet you're on teams with players who only care about doing things their way.
> Granted, there are several design elements in the game that make this perception valid. But, since the players can't control Riot, we have to start with someone. And that's ourselves. I account for this. It's a tangential point to what I'm trying to make. Fixing the problem *begins* with everyone acknowledging the role they play *within* the problem. Being toxic, and taking your frustrations on people when you shouldn't be is *our* problem, not Riot's. Yes, inb4 'multibillion dollar/small indie company' lines come up again, they *could* do better, but consistently blaming them and refusing to even contribute to the betterment of the League community is a cop-out at best. Absolutely hold them accountable for the problems you're seeing that they can control, but you also have a responsibility to hold yourself accountable as well. League is not just about each individual player. It's about how we work at fixing this, without being absolute shitheels to each other in the process.
: Nobody ever does and you call yourself a moderator. NOBODY will focus on not dying, they will walk RIGHT back into lane and do it again because people who arn't from English speaking countries are stupid. I've been playing this game long enough to know. Feel free to ban me but its true. Games aren't winnable in most cases, comebacks are not possible with the current state of the game
I didn't say that comebacks are always possible. However, this current communal feeling of 'woe is me, Riot is ruining *my* game' is counterintuitive to a team environment. The consistent self-centredness of players, as a result of many many factors, contributes to this problem. I am addressing one problem, however complex its roots may be. My being a moderator on the Boards has little to no impact on whether or not I can or want to control other players in-game.
Padoµch (EUNE)
: > Yelling at your teammates, or even questioning their decisions after the fact, sets you up for failure. There is a sadly big difference when you are playing in low Silver, and in higher elo. When my bott lane goes 2/9 in the early game, then they group mid, we cannot really stop them. In that moment the toxicity rises to the stratosphere. The higher elo you get, the more toxicity you come across. Its because you may be playing well, but when someone screws up 2 times, you are punished, with virtually no chance of comeback.
I am aware of this. I am also intimately aware of how much blood, sweat, and tears went in to those players getting to where they are. That does not excuse their behaviour in the slightest. If they choose to vent their anger at their teammates instead of things they have control over, that is not my problem. The consequences of their actions are also not my problem. This ties in with my point with regard to the current game's design; factors with regard to balance contribute to feelings of helplessness, and some people lash out at the lack of control.
: This is the mentality I've since adopted getting back into league. However, I can only let out huge sighs playing this game every time I see my teammates get slapped around. Some times, them playing poorly makes me take bigger risks, which, if they don't pay off, ends up with me playing more poorly. Of course, that's still on me. But even with accountability, it won't help you win a game if your team isn't up to par. All in all, still a good read.
There will be bad teams and good teams. I've never disputed that. I'm also not disputing the fact that poor players will, inevitably, disappoint and frustrate. The key to understanding this: * it is alright to be frustrated * it is not alright to sabotage your teammates with that frustration If people cannot be patient enough to respect you saying 'I'm tilted, I need a minute to regroup,' that's on them. And their responses to you communicating your needs are also on them. Be open, be honest, but do not be cruel.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: Nobody is going to listen to you, you know. People are just going to continue doing the same mistakes all game, not once trying to change their play style, and only flaming their better teammates for not babysitting them. Do you know why people complain about damage so much these days? It's because now their mistakes are taxed much more harshly than before, when they could get away with the dumbest thing imaginable.
They don't have to listen to me. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to help people play better.
Jo0o (NA)
: Because I've been on these boards for years and never seen a permanent ban this obvious reversed, and I'm genuinely confused.
I would love to provide insight on that, but I genuinely have no access to information that could provide such for you. Nor, even if I could, would I have permission to do so. I'm sorry.
Jo0o (NA)
: Hi! Explain what's going on in this thread, please.
I would love to, but that requires catching up, which I'm unable to do at this point. Also...why?
Jeoster (EUW)
: It's not even as much people feeding, the same people will also refuse to surrender a game they lost and basically hold you hostage. This both frustrates you for the next game and ruins your time for the current one, and leaving isn't an option. And to be honest, If I where to be a bit of a devil's advocate, letting out the bile that the other player has been responsible for can be liberating, obviously it's not going to make you win, but some things are just lost anyway, so you might as well let them have it. Of course do it in ways that won't get you banned. PS: I am not advocating flaming, but the nature of the game is such that it promotes it at least in some situations and complete pacifism isn't good either nor is it going you to feel better nor is it in fact going to make you magically win a game that is too far gone either.
> It's not even as much people feeding, the same people will also refuse to surrender a game they lost and basically hold you hostage. An unfortunate consequence of the current set of attitudes, yes. Still not a justification for taking your anger out on, or insulting, your teammates. Breathe, see what you *can* control in the given situation, and move forward. Just because you accept something doesn't mean you have to like it. > And to be honest, If I where to be a bit of a devil's advocate, letting out the bile that the other player has been responsible for can be liberating, obviously it's not going to make you win, but some things are just lost anyway, so you might as well let them have it. Of course do it in ways that won't get you banned. No. They may be responsible in part for how you feel, but they in no way justify or are responsible for *your actions* as a result of how they made you feel. Do unto others, and all that jazz. If you're still angry after that match, for various reasons, the best solution is to play a different game mode at the very least, or take a break. > PS: I am not advocating flaming, but the nature of the game is such that it promotes it at least in some situations and complete pacifism isn't good either nor is it going you to feel better nor is it in fact going to make you magically win a game that is too far gone either. The game does not promote flaming in the slightest. In fact, the Terms of Service and Summoner's Codes explicitly advocate and have rules set *against* flaming. The issue at hand is again, other players. You can either become like them and aggravate the problem, or attempt to take the powers you do have and work toward being a part of the solution.
: In no way is flaming a good thing but just to add a counter point, Blaming myself when my team mates lose a 3v1 when I was taking an objective or in another lane is not going to make me a better player it is just going to ruin the game for me. So while you should not blame others for your mistakes don't blame yourself for other people's mistakes. Overall remember if that some people are only seeing League as a game to have fun in and not a do or die situation. (Also don't purposely play poorly unless you are on a team with all bots because you will be ruining the game for someone). Other wise this post is great.
You are in no way responsible for your teammate's decisions. Nor did I say as much. Absolutely don't blame yourself for something someone else did, they're out of your control. The only request I have for the reasonable people out there is to not rub those poor decisions your teammates make in their faces. That helps no one.
AICMan (EUNE)
: Racism even in a video game
ALRIGHTY THEN. This thread's done. I'm going through, and I'm cleaning up the more egregious abuses of the [Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/ITFIpNUE), and it's being locked indefinitely. I will remind people that **Pejorative Language**, **Politics**, and **Spam** are not the place for the Boards, let alone *Player Behaviour*. You'll get a notification if your comment[s] were deleted. There's just entirely too much going on in this thread, that started out valid *because it's referencing specific behaviours of players*, and devolved into something that isn't appropriate here, nor does it seem to be salvageable at this point. OP, or anyone whose posts have been deleted, if you have questions, feel free to talk to us in the The [Boards Moderation Discord](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/qVlculPP-boards-moderation-discord) or the [Discuss the Boards](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board. *Let's just behave! -Said no one ever.* ---Totally Not Jinx
Trij (EUW)
: Report system abuse
Behaviour like you just outlined, unfortunately, isn't preventable. And because of many complex variables, people can, and often will, turn into trolls at the drop of a hat if you treat them badly. The answer to this, from a player perspective, is much like the age old adage, *Don't Feed the Trolls.* Accept the fact that your game will be difficult at best, and work with what you have. Additionally, [Player Support](http://support.riotgames.com) has specific dropdown menus for this. Report them. Give op.gg links. Put a digital face to a digital name. Behaviour like intentional feeding and subtle trolling *cannot be detected by machines, because machines aren't behaving like that.* We've a ways to go before this is a thing that can be insta-banned. We have to be reactive to a growing problem. I see more people declaring that they're going to turn into trolls because they got banned for saying words they agreed not to say when they made their account. People are deliberately causing more problems and in turn making their own experiences worse. Accountability is important. Riot, I'm absolutely positive, knows that this is a problem. I have no doubt that they're trying to find ways to get this problem addressed. But what we seem to lack right now, is patience and good sense to not make the problem worse before they can make it better.
Rioter Comments
: Why is Amumu always depressed?
WOMP WOMP okay this actually made my day better thank you for your existing {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: > * All Might Bear: i wish I could express in words how bad this MF, Talon, and Kha are without getting banned. > * All Might Bear: mastery 7 but cant dodge a naut hook or Urgot flip > * All Might Bear: Report teemo, trolling and INTing > * All Might Bear: otherwise you&#x27;re just a level 58 noob, takes teemo adc, then feeds, and still claims to be good > * All Might Bear: you&#x27;re bad, and thats okay These maybe be negative without context of the game or the responses but I have a hard time believing any of the above comments are "extememly inflammatory" and/or merit a permanent suspension from the game.
Please refer to a later part of the post, that you appear to have missed. > For you to have gotten yourself a permaban from these two games tells me that you have a consistent pattern of making your teammates' lives hell, at the expense of their wins, their enjoyment and your honour level. Having a history of negative behaviour, even ‘mild’ negative behaviour, has an impact on whether or not people will want to play with you as a teammate. If you’re not acting like a teammate, and consistently doing the opposite, then the environment is not for you.
Spotty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:08:41.165+0000) > > You&#x27;re more than welcome to think that, but it&#x27;s still incorrect. > > Not voting is definitely unequal to voting either in the affirmative or the denial. It&#x27;s the voting definition of &#x27;Maybe,&#x27; &#x27;Unsure,&#x27; or &#x27;Prefer Not to Say.&#x27; listen, i used a dictionary definition, you made up some definition to support your claim. Show me where if someone doesnt vote they disagree in the dictionary and I will take you seriously
> [{quoted}](name=Spotty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:10:54.824+0000) > > listen, i used a dictionary definition, you made up some definition to support your claim. Show me where if someone doesnt vote they disagree in the dictionary and I will take you seriously I, too, used a dictionary definition. I linked it in my first comment, to be precise. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unanimous I did not say that someone who abstains from a vote is disagreeing. I said that abstention from a vote is *neither* agreement nor disagreement, and cannot be presumed to be either. It's disingenuous.
Spotty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:03:20.167+0000) > > That is not how Abstension works. To abstain from voting, you neither consent nor refuse an action. The absence of refusal is not consent, nor vice versa. I dont think thats how it works
> [{quoted}](name=Spotty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:04:15.645+0000) > > I dont think thats how it works You're more than welcome to think that, but it's still incorrect. Not voting is definitely unequal to voting either in the affirmative or the denial. It's the voting definition of 'Maybe,' 'Unsure,' or 'Prefer Not to Say.'
Spotty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Totally Not Jinx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:01:17.115+0000) > > Unanimous: > > * 1 : formed with or indicating unanimity : having the agreement and consent of *all* > > Emphasis mine. Five people on a team, five votes. Four Yes and one Abstension is not full agreement or consent for the team. > > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unanimous if 3 people agree then no one disagreed which means EVERYONE AGREED
> [{quoted}](name=Spotty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9M15fHWQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-05T07:02:35.502+0000) > > if 3 people agree then no one disagreed which means EVERYONE AGREED That is not how Abstention works. To abstain from voting, you neither consent nor refuse an action. The absence of refusal is not consent, nor vice versa.
Spotty (NA)
: Since riot employees dont have a good vocab I will help you out
Unanimous: * 1 : formed with or indicating unanimity : having the agreement and consent of *all* Emphasis mine. Five people on a team, five votes. Four Yes and one Abstention is not full agreement or consent for the team. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unanimous
: "Riot is going through my internet history and stealing my information!"
Don't forget to turn up the volume on that Youtube music video first! GET HYPE {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Show more

Totally Not Jinx

Level 440 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion