: ... Different development teams.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jMG8BLAE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-18T23:43:59.468+0000) > > ... Different development teams. If you think they arent moving devs from projects to focus on impromptu projects then you dont know how the industry works....
Hotarµ (NA)
: Thank you, _finally_ someone gets it. Look, Teemo support or roaming Teemo support is not punishable on it's own, it is and should be punishable when you aren't cooperating with your teammates. Plenty of high ELO players (namely Doublelift and Jensen although a few others have come forward like Hashinshin, Yassuo, and IreliaCarriesU.) have come out and openly said that Nubrac doesn't communicate and is often more of a detriment than a benefit. Nightblue should be held accountable for what he said, Nubrac should be held accountable for what he did. There are no sides to pick here.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JkkrHnp3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-15T20:03:05.974+0000) > > Thank you, _finally_ someone gets it. > > Look, Teemo support or roaming Teemo support is not punishable on it's own, it is and should be punishable when you aren't cooperating with your teammates. Plenty of high ELO players (namely Doublelift and Jensen although a few others have come forward like Hashinshin, Yassuo, and IreliaCarriesU.) have come out and openly said that Nubrac doesn't communicate and is often more of a detriment than a benefit. > > Nightblue should be held accountable for what he said, Nubrac should be held accountable for what he did. There are no sides to pick here. Except hat isn't what people are upset for, this is about streamers gaining immunity to the rules the same rules that we have to adhear to when we are put in similar situations. We the player base have to deal with people doing off meta shit all the time in our ranked games but guess what we dont get to call up some personal goon at riot games to rat on them when it happens, more often than not those players go unbanned so why double standard. Just as well NB3s track record is anything but spotless he makes a habit of trolling, flaming, afking and greifing when he feels it suites him yet he is immune to bans just because he's a streamer. I want both to be properly punished to set an example so that their viewer ship stop getting the idea that acting like a POS is okay in ranked, but sure be a contrarian and build a straw man argument
Rioter Comments
: Reddit “mods” took the thread down. You can easily find a video of this bullshit on YouTube though.
> [{quoted}](name=Fisher No Chains,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PQXy7f7m,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2019-06-14T20:17:56.083+0000) > > Reddit “mods” took the thread down. You can easily found a video of this bullshit on YouTube though. And people wonder why we call the sub reddit to be a cesspool of curated content that does nothing else but stroke riots fragile as glass ego.
: I'm so sick of those 'famous' players already. Especially nightblue, is he even relevant anymore? Bruh, you're good at a dying game, chill the fuck out, you'll be nobody as soon as this game dies, fucking loser.
> [{quoted}](name=The Spicy Crit,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PQXy7f7m,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-14T19:14:55.703+0000) > > I'm so sick of those 'famous' players already. Especially nightblue, is he even relevant anymore? Bruh, you're good at a dying game, chill the fuck out, you'll be nobody as soon as this game dies, fucking loser. I mean he's not even good at it, first off he got boosted secondly if youve watched his streams youd realize he is like a diamond player at best with the mistakes he constantly makes along with his attitude.
: Riot: "Don't be toxic, remember to keep a positive attitude"
NB3 fanboys incoming, he actually breaks so many of the non toxicity and harrasment rules on stream that riot might as well not enforce them if this is the kind of player they want plastered all of the front page.
: Remember that Sylas is cunning af and is also telling Lux a lot of lies to have her more in his power. I find it too convenient that has been exactly the crownguard who caged him.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r44e2pMt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-12T20:26:06.430+0000) > > Remember that Sylas is cunning af and is also telling Lux a lot of lies to have her more in his power. I find it too convenient that has been exactly the crownguard who caged him. Eh Lux **DID** see people being forced to drink petricite in prison cells with people of all ages locked up without a trial that wasnt a lie.
: https://i.imgur.com/EnAZhtW.jpg[/img]
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GbZcQGLE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-12T06:16:34.723+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/EnAZhtW.jpg[/img] The worst none response ever.
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:163}} still waiting...
> [{quoted}](name=TheUrbanKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P16MqV7L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-11T18:34:53.800+0000) > > {{champion:163}} still waiting... Laughs in{{champion:101}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Investa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqYrANAF,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-10T16:52:23.479+0000) > > I'm sure Nexus Blitz will return, this new mode isn't the end-all be all of RGM. You guys too often have a "the sky is falling" mentality whenever anything is said or announced that you don't 100% jive with. Just chill out for a second. They said it's coming back....as an RGM. Which would be fine.....if riot was capable of putting out an RGM consistently instead of once every two months. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqYrANAF,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-10T17:40:32.062+0000) > > They said it's coming back....as an RGM. > Which would be fine.....if riot was capable of putting out an RGM consistently instead of once every two months. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Two months is being incredibly generous.
: But I also don't take anything Aurelion Sol says serious, either. This guy just leaks narcissm and god complex. I think he is making himself look much bigger of a deal than he actually is.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pqyAjRpT,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-06-10T10:36:42.401+0000) > > But I also don't take anything Aurelion Sol says serious, either. This guy just leaks narcissm and god complex. I think he is making himself look much bigger of a deal than he actually is. I think id be self important to if i was a being made of stars and defied mortal understanding
: What does Nexus Blitz have to do with autochess? How can Riot profit off of a game mode that isn't theirs for a game that isn't something they own? Are they now making an auto chess mode?
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AqYrANAF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-10T15:58:27.211+0000) > > What does Nexus Blitz have to do with autochess? How can Riot profit off of a game mode that isn't theirs for a game that isn't something they own? Are they now making an auto chess mode? Riot is always insists that they only have enough resources to develop a certain number of things at a time, if that is the case then they most definitely dropped NB for this low effort copy paste
: Confusing details about Lore and the world of League
Glad to see someone else not taking {{champion:142}} at face value had to explain to someone that zoes whole thing is trickery.
Doozku (NA)
: ESPORTS BAD MOBILITY BAD DAMAGE BAD and they call reddit a circlejerk
> [{quoted}](name=Doozku,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ENkEiuVy,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-09T01:55:31.796+0000) > > ESPORTS BAD MOBILITY BAD DAMAGE BAD > > and they call reddit a circlejerk And here you are circle jerking against the boards. And the cycle begins anew, if you don't like discussing things that clearly impact the direction the game goes in then go away and be offended elsewhere.
: Only 150 employees walked out that isn't a whole lot. Google had a similar walk out where thousands of employees participated.
> [{quoted}](name=Hypochondria9,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5goKQORO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-08T20:34:37.050+0000) > > Only 150 employees walked out that isn't a whole lot. Google had a similar walk out where thousands of employees participated. Scale riot isnt the same size of google and the branch office that organized the walk out didnt have thousands of people working there unfair comparison.
: I logged in just to downvote this thread. Kai’Sa is far more likeable and has a more intensive character. The fact that she looks in shape and well made is **EXACTLY** what a Void symbiont would want for their host since those are the ones collecting energy for the symbiont to live on.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x419E12T,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-08T20:23:55.660+0000) > > I logged in just to downvote this thread. > > Kai’Sa is far more likeable and has a more intensive character. The fact that she looks in shape and well made is **EXACTLY** what a Void symbiont would want for their host since those are the ones collecting energy for the symbiont to live on. "I logged in to downvote" Let me stop you right there pal no one gives a shit.
: New champions reveals feel incredibly underwhelming because of the new reveal pages
Maybe they fired the guy/gal who did those, besides minmizing the effort put into the reveals means they can pour more resources into prestige skins or whatever it is riot employees do all day.
Vox569 (NA)
: Jinx music video was so good
> [{quoted}](name=Vox569,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ENkEiuVy,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2019-06-08T22:03:24.417+0000) > > Jinx music video was so good That video was made in leagues prime and brought a lot of people into the game.
: {{champion:350}} :But we got the zoomies
> [{quoted}](name=xCrashMcCloudx,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2019-06-08T17:20:40.768+0000) > > {{champion:350}} :But we got the zoomies {{champion:555}} My list just got longer
FSRER (EUNE)
: And yet we don't have the mute enemy champion voices/quotes option. We already have ezreal, yummi, camille and other champions that will just not shut the f up in game and now we will get her saying me the entire game...
> [{quoted}](name=FSRER,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-06-08T06:27:07.363+0000) > > And yet we don't have the mute enemy champion voices/quotes option. We already have ezreal, yummi, camille and other champions that will just not shut the f up in game and now we will get her saying me the entire game... This is indeed bothering, if i hear we got the zoomies a few more times i swear there will be blood.
: Well I'm guessing that you also dislike Draven then right? I mean his entire character revolves around the fact he's an egotistical asshole.
> [{quoted}](name=zeskgames,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-06-08T03:16:40.965+0000) > > Well I'm guessing that you also dislike Draven then right? I mean his entire character revolves around the fact he's an egotistical asshole. you would be correct yeah, but thats why i said it doesnt even salvage the character for me
: I didn't read the lore, what's up with all the piltover champs that she's killing?
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-06-08T01:41:30.618+0000) > > I didn't read the lore, what's up with all the piltover champs that she's killing? the piltover machine was cutting down the forest in her teaser earlier this year and by proxy invading their territory so she blew it up
: > [{quoted}](name=Towboat421,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-07T00:39:08.981+0000) > > No ones offended its just dull if you could read you'd understand the complaint rather than making a strawman argument of the critques with these champions. Also maybe you should learn to format your comment correctly before you get snarky with some one on the boards so they actually read what you are trying to drool out. That's an opinion my dude. I happen to like most of the champion designs. I think you're just being contrarian, because it's the hot thing to not enjoy conventionally attractive humanoids nowa days. But that's just my opinion and guess brah. You'll get that female gragas someday bro.
> [{quoted}](name=ReformedFuta,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-06-08T00:44:34.041+0000) > > That's an opinion my dude. I happen to like most of the champion designs. I think you're just being contrarian, because it's the hot thing to not enjoy conventionally attractive humanoids nowa days. But that's just my opinion and guess brah. > > You'll get that female gragas someday bro. Having an opinion is being contratrion now, lol okay fuck off
Gall (NA)
: She has the female demeaner of Draven in a way. I don't mind it. It's supposed to be annoying and irritating but also lovable to some. Side edit: oh but of course, this goes without saying, fuck this champion and fuck her utility/ high ass mobility/ high ass dps/ high ass invisibility/ high ass overloaded everything else kit.
> [{quoted}](name=Gall,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-06-08T00:57:35.271+0000) > > She has the female demeaner of Draven in a way. I don't mind it. It's supposed to be annoying and irritating but also lovable to some. > > Side edit: oh but of course, this goes without saying, fuck this champion and fuck her utility/ high ass mobility/ high ass dps/ high ass invisibility/ high ass overloaded everything else kit. You know i forgot draven existed i guess you can see it that way but yeah that doesnt make me like her anymore.
GankLord (NA)
: The new champion looks like a S1 release
> [{quoted}](name=GankLord,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2019-06-07T23:50:14.593+0000) > > The new champion looks like a S1 release she looks like a smite take on an egyptian god.
Aimléss (NA)
: Your opinion is that every champ needs to fit "your" cirteria and it's very annoying. I find Sylas Kaisa, etc. cool and I like them. You admit that Pyke and Neeko are done right, so Riot is making champs that fit your criteria already, but because "all" of them don't match your opinions, you feel the need to complain and ask Riot to cater to you. Millions of people play this game, it's not all about you, and the couple dozen of sheep that upvote your post and every post like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Aimléss,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T22:10:14.576+0000) > > Your opinion is that every champ needs to fit "your" cirteria and it's very annoying. I find Sylas Kaisa, etc. cool and I like them. You admit that Pyke and Neeko are done right, so Riot is making champs that fit your criteria already, but because "all" of them don't match your opinions, you feel the need to complain and ask Riot to cater to you. Millions of people play this game, it's not all about you, and the couple dozen of sheep that upvote your post and every post like this. How dare anyone have an opinion on something right? get over yourself or post something actually constructive or cohesive in nature
: You've clearly never heard the voice lines of Alarak from HOTS/Starcraft. He is the DEFINITION of sassy arrogance. Qiyana pales next to him.
> [{quoted}](name=Total Violation,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-07T22:34:05.540+0000) > > You've clearly never heard the voice lines of Alarak from HOTS/Starcraft. He is the DEFINITION of sassy arrogance. > Qiyana pales next to him. you missed the keyword unwarranted, as was stated she isnt actually royalty and her imperious nature comes off as ill fitting for someone who until now has yet to accomplish anything of note. I am familiar and mained alarak when i played hots you know what the difference is? Ones the protoss version of darth vader a coniving skilled warrior who conquerored his people through ritual combat and whos ambition makes hima threat to any who stand in his way. Qiyara, on the other hand, reminds me of Angelica from the rugrats.
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=knzhyeWu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-07T17:31:10.819+0000) > > We love champions with overloaded kits and no counterplay. Yeay. Positive vibes and all that. Reading her champ abilities she seems like she won’t be overloaded because you can’t do everything at once. You’ll have to play and plan like you do with zed. But her reveal video makes her look overloaded.
> [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=knzhyeWu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T18:18:15.161+0000) > > Reading her champ abilities she seems like she won’t be overloaded because you can’t do everything at once. You’ll have to play and plan like you do with zed. But her reveal video makes her look overloaded. At first glance i thought her kit was mundane but then i saw the video and how it affects walls specifically, that really needs to scale with her level or ult level because thats frankly obscene.
Leetri (EUW)
: Even now, Malzahar only has glowing eyes and Kassadin is just blue with rippling hot abs. Why aren't people complaining that Kassadin isn't scarred and horribly disfigured? He's been down there too, and he didn't have the benefit of an exosuit impervious to the Void's influence.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T12:56:38.210+0000) > > Even now, Malzahar only has glowing eyes and Kassadin is just blue with rippling hot abs. Why aren't people complaining that Kassadin isn't scarred and horribly disfigured? He's been down there too, and he didn't have the benefit of an exosuit impervious to the Void's influence. Actually the reason im ok with them is because those champs are as old as dirt and came from a time where the void was something different to what it is now, back when the institute of war was still you know a thing. I think they both need updates kass especially since his audio doesnt sync up at all with his current character but there are other champs that need it more urgently.
: She'll have a cult fetish fandom and that's probably about it, probably revolving around being stepped on.
> [{quoted}](name=OurLestrade,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=TVnb56de,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-07T18:27:23.115+0000) > > She'll have a cult fetish fandom and that's probably about it, probably revolving around being stepped on. At first i thought you meant in the lore but then i read it again and i was like ooooh yeah thats probably what this is for.
Rioter Comments
: Idk {{champion:427}} is pretty amazing
> [{quoted}](name=LetsGetHIvern,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=002c,timestamp=2019-06-07T17:22:25.286+0000) > > Idk {{champion:427}} is pretty amazing He is, but hes also one of riots more out there character designs. hes one of my favorite character because of it.
Pika Fox (NA)
: *tries to make point* *states yuumi is bland and phoned in* Yeah, your opinion is both wrong and worthless.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2019-06-07T13:47:28.514+0000) > > *tries to make point* *states yuumi is bland and phoned in* > > Yeah, your opinion is both wrong and worthless. Way to explain your point in a fair level headed fashion, I get it youre a cat person but that doesnt immediately make her a creative design
Gatita (NA)
: I might be mistaken, but Kai’Sa was never IN the void wasn’t she??? She was only close to/near it, so her design kinda makes sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Gatita,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2019-06-07T12:09:12.628+0000) > > I might be mistaken, but Kai’Sa was never IN the void wasn’t she??? She was only close to/near it, so her design kinda makes sense. I was under the impression malz tossed her in and kass went in to go looking for his daughter. Even if thats the case close proximity to the void has shown to have dire effects on other characters in the lore and kai seems just fine fore some reason.
: Wait, they are always silent. lol
> [{quoted}](name=Camille Ferrøs,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ufEvoH8T,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-07T13:55:07.808+0000) > > Wait, they are always silent. lol Now you're learning
: ummm no it isn't????? and there is a ping counter in game.... also if you want to know your ping just go to netflix's speed checker which is fast.com (netflix gets throttled sometimes so it is slightly more accurate than speedtest etc.)
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GwHpuuyW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-07T13:58:25.609+0000) > > ummm no it isn't????? and there is a ping counter in game.... also if you want to know your ping just go to netflix's speed checker which is fast.com (netflix gets throttled sometimes so it is slightly more accurate than speedtest etc.) A ping counter in the client not in game, everyone knows the one in the game exists please read throughly before commenting something asinine. League doesnt always function the same as other apps it often lags much more than other games.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=FA Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-06-07T05:29:29.997+0000) > > STFU AND JUST PLAY THE GAME, NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ON CHAMP DESIGN. KYS Very cool, definitely a calm measured reasonable response.
njrk97 (OCE)
: Now i may just be speaking out my ass but it seems like everything has been somewhat 'less' this year, once again speculation but was it not the case that financially riot did not too super great last year and it seems like alot of stuff happening right now reflects the sorta kneejerk 'gotta turn a profit or daddy tencent wont be happy', i mean look at it. Glorified, overpriced,overcharged gold chromas are added to every new skin line now Quite a harder emphasis on popular champs getting skins with stuff like Lux and Ez double dipping,Jhin getting his legendary and the ever popular Tristana getting a skin choice as opposed to a decidedly more obscure character. Significantly less tertiary content being added alongside new skin lines and instead the lines are simply dropped without much fanfare, in comparison to earlier years when entire maps, events or at least animations were made. More questionable balance decisions, buffing or leaving popular champs in stronger states. Even small stuff now like how the Essence emporium doesn't let you get default skin chromas for BE, so if nothing you already invested in the skin. Much Safer champion designs and releases so that the champs made are still somewhat popular due to either being attractive, or 'cute', with the deviations from this having powerful kits to compensate (Pyke) or amping up the 'cool and flashy' factor. Event passes for everything It just seems like to me that Riot had a bad financial year last year and have either been told or chose to turn into damage control mode making sure they are making plenty of content that will guarantee to sell well, while cutting down on extraneous or other things that don't turn that profit (animations, maps, events). This new champ is just another step in that, making another standard attractive champ so they know that they can safely sell them, while pushing Morde to the side since reworks may not sell as much skins and stuff, since people already own the champ and their skins. I suspect this year is going to be the Year of being Safe, we are not going to get crazy animations or events, or super creative champs, we are going to get stuff that is going to turn them a nice profit consistently so they can go back to tencent at the end and show that they can still make bank. So more popular champs, more Popular champs leading skin lines, more Popular champs double dipping prestige skins and more boring and somewhat safe designs that will keep their profit margins nice and straight.
> [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-06-07T04:42:00.093+0000) > > Now i may just be speaking out my ass but it seems like everything has been somewhat 'less' this year, once again speculation but was it not the case that financially riot did not too super great last year and it seems like alot of stuff happening right now reflects the sorta kneejerk 'gotta turn a profit or daddy tencent wont be happy', i mean look at it. > > > Glorified, overpriced,overcharged gold chromas are added to every new skin line now > > Quite a harder emphasis on popular champs getting skins with stuff like Lux and Ez double dipping,Jhin getting his legendary and the ever popular Tristana getting a skin choice as opposed to a decidedly more obscure character. > > Significantly less tertiary content being added alongside new skin lines and instead the lines are simply dropped without much fanfare, in comparison to earlier years when entire maps, events or at least animations were made. > > More questionable balance decisions, buffing or leaving popular champs in stronger states. > > Even small stuff now like how the Essence emporium doesn't let you get default skin chromas for BE, so if nothing you already invested in the skin. > > Much Safer champion designs and releases so that the champs made are still somewhat popular due to either being attractive, or 'cute', with the deviations from this having powerful kits to compensate (Pyke) or amping up the 'cool and flashy' factor. > > Event passes for everything > > > It just seems like to me that Riot had a bad financial year last year and have either been told or chose to turn into damage control mode making sure they are making plenty of content that will guarantee to sell well, while cutting down on extraneous or other things that don't turn that profit (animations, maps, events). > > > This new champ is just another step in that, making another standard attractive champ so they know that they can safely sell them, while pushing Morde to the side since reworks may not sell as much skins and stuff, since people already own the champ and their skins. > > > I suspect this year is going to be the Year of being Safe, we are not going to get crazy animations or events, or super creative champs, we are going to get stuff that is going to turn them a nice profit consistently so they can go back to tencent at the end and show that they can still make bank. So more popular champs, more Popular champs leading skin lines, more Popular champs double dipping prestige skins and more boring and somewhat safe designs that will keep their profit margins nice and straight. Honestly didnt think of it like that but its not the craziest thing especially since riot stopped disclosing how the game is doing publicly i guess we'll never know that for sure but thats pretty plausible. I dont like to blame tencent for everything especially since riot had made blunders before they were acquired but something surely reeks as to the soullessness of some their actions this year the excessive monetization of prestige skins and passes being probably the most gross example of this. New champion design defaulting to sex sells and overly cutesy designs that people can dote over and inevitably buy the merchandise riot attempts to peddle for them. Which i get it they need to make a dime but only the most flagrantly dishonest will say that the golden chromas **aren't** an enormous whale trap.
Kaisha (NA)
: It always was, they just copied from other games. Heck the first league champs were just copies of Tides of Blood. Ali = RedBull, Vlad = Bloodmage, etc...
> [{quoted}](name=Kaisha,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2019-06-07T04:34:43.769+0000) > > It always was, they just copied from other games. Heck the first league champs were just copies of Tides of Blood. Ali = RedBull, Vlad = Bloodmage, etc... This is true but the early wave of champs were the product of riot being an *actual* small indie company everyone was copying the same templates at the time but they can put their own spin on them with some degree of talent.
: Finally someone says it, I've been thinking this for a long time and it's a big reason why I haven't been interested in much that's been coming out. I miss when we were getting stuff like Vel'koz, Aurelion Sol, Rek'sai, Kindred, Bard, Ivern and Tahm Kench on the regular. It's 90% humans now, which would be okay if it weren't for most of them also having weak or non-existent personalities. There was a trend years ago where people were asking for more human characters but this is entirely overboard. It feels like there's no "concept" to them, or artistic goal, like they're just all branches of the same bland tree.
> [{quoted}](name=Wyrmblade,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-06-07T04:27:31.532+0000) > > Finally someone says it, I've been thinking this for a long time and it's a big reason why I haven't been interested in much that's been coming out. I miss when we were getting stuff like Vel'koz, Aurelion Sol, Rek'sai, Kindred, Bard, Ivern and Tahm Kench on the regular. It's 90% humans now, which would be okay if it weren't for most of them also having weak or non-existent personalities. There was a trend years ago where people were asking for more human characters but this is entirely overboard. It feels like there's no "concept" to them, or artistic goal, like they're just all branches of the same bland tree. This is my complaint really but the yes men will deflect and concern as people looking to complain about anything which isnt the case, people getting upset on behalf of the artists always baffles me. As someone who enjoys artistry as a hobby if didnt seek objective criticisms about my work i would never improve im tired of repeating this but some people just dont get it.
: Really disagree with these overgeneralizations. While I do think Sylas and Qiyara are boring, I think you're overselling how "bland" Yuumi is. While Kayle is indeed problematic, her design is more "missed chance" than "outright bland". There are always going to be some characters who people consider bland because some people lean more toward one or the other direction. Hell, Morde is about as generic "Dark Knight-y" as you can get but people still love him.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-06-07T04:27:05.411+0000) > > Really disagree with these overgeneralizations. While I do think Sylas and Qiyara are boring, I think you're overselling how "bland" Yuumi is. While Kayle is indeed problematic, her design is more "missed chance" than "outright bland". > > There are always going to be some characters who people consider bland because some people lean more toward one or the other direction. Hell, Morde is about as generic "Dark Knight-y" as you can get but people still love him. never mentioned morde because hes always been your over the top saturday night cartoon villian sort of evil so yeah he was going to be sort of one note, and id advise you to read the other comment i made regarding yummi to understand why im critical of her.
: You try making 150 unique and interesting characters
> [{quoted}](name=Celestial Lion12,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-06-07T04:31:24.014+0000) > > You try making 150 unique and interesting characters If you dont like it do better isnt a valid response to criticism nice try though
: Please, for the love of Nagakabouros, give TB Skyen a fat female champion
title of the post is a little disingenuous to the point he was trying to make but yeah riots character design plays around all female champions being conventionally attractive with another poster noting that all the ancient or old champs look like they are still in their prime
: That's a fair critique. I think the impact her lore has made on the rest of the world is more valuable than what Yuumi's personality brings, but for what she is, she is enjoyable. I was mainly addressing a pretty common criticism of Yuumi I've seen around here: "she's just a cat". Which, if they were going for purely that, they would have given her a kit that reflects her cat-ness, but they didn't. They gave her the kit of a magical companion instead, and that's where her character focus is: on being a companion for her lost Yordle master (and other friends she finds along the way).
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T02:43:36.017+0000) > > That's a fair critique. I think the impact her lore has made on the rest of the world is more valuable than what Yuumi's personality brings, but for what she is, she is enjoyable. I was mainly addressing a pretty common criticism of Yuumi I've seen around here: "she's just a cat". Which, if they were going for purely that, they would have given her a kit that reflects her cat-ness, but they didn't. They gave her the kit of a magical companion instead, and that's where her character focus is: on being a companion for her lost Yordle master (and other friends she finds along the way). Yeah i suppose but as {{champion:136}} says "I Tried to like you" I wanted to like yummi and was honestly surprise it was a guy thought it was going to be an old male pocket follower like yoda but the cat thing just didnt grab me.
Aimléss (NA)
: People will complain about anything {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Aimléss,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-06-07T02:42:52.931+0000) > > People will complain about anything {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} God forbid anyone have and opinion aimless. sorry giving a critique in the hopes that we can see improvements to things in the future, I hope you realize that the only way riot knows to change things i.e. {{champion:266}} banner wings {{champion:82}} spell effects and skin tweaks {{champion:10}} skin adjustments {{champion:103}} kda skin adjustments Were the result of people bring up issues with them but no we cant have that we might cause so much disorder with our dissenting opinions right? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Rioter Comments
: I have mixed feelings on this. Kai'Sa was the last huge disappointment from a design perspective for me. I've warmed up a little to her and come to appreciate her more quiet, optimistic personality, but I feel like she could have been more creepy and fearsome. I feel like she should have earned her status as "scary to most normal people" a little more in her design. Everyone else is either fine or good. Pyke is really creepy, sleek and cool. He looks like a native of Bilgewater, as OP said, and he's got a really neat splash art. I could imagine him frequenting the place of his splash to add to his list. They could have easily just made him a fish man, but I think animation and voice do a lot for the character as well. Neeko, similarly is well-designed. She feels a little alien, but still cute and relatable. All the concepts from the page you linked really ended up looking similar to the final product, so I don't really see her looking that much different even if they went with a different idea. Her colors are great, her VO is adorable and hilarious and I can't wait to see her interact with more people in the lore. If only she didn't have a horrifying color story. I think people are overstating how "bad" or "generic" Kayle's redesign is. She IS wearing armor, but they lightened the armor up to indicate that she's not that tanky, which is sensible. The biggest sin of this decision was that in-game the armor reads more like a body suit, but that doesn't mean she's NOT wearing armor. Even beyond that, she kept the basic elements of her old design (armored, helmeted angel smiting her foes with a fiery sword) and I like the added effect of her design evolution throughout an individual game. I like the added wings as she becomes stronger. I liked old Kayle design, but I think new Kayle is good, too. I love Yuumi's VO, I just think Yuumi in general is a design that doesn't appeal to everyone. Like most designs in this game. With Yuumi in particular, you either like her design, or you think its generic. You can argue that she's "just a cat" all you like, but you can do that for a lot of characters. {{champion:34}} "She's just a bird" {{champion:1}} "She's just a little girl with powers" {{champion:10}} "She's just an armored angel" (old OR new). Some people are going to love those designs, and others are going to think they are generic. The fact is, I've never seen a cat that uses a book as part of its power set, and Yuumi's lore even helped expand a bit of Runeterra's lore as a whole. So I think overall she was a fine addition. Same could be said for Sylas. Its easy enough to boil down his design to "shirtless dude with chains" but the chains themselves are the stars here, as they are the main part of his kit and the main part of his lore. He's a Demacian that no longer wants to associate with the establishment, so he appropriately only has the Demacian-like chains, and nothing else. He isn't heavily armored, he isn't going to be wearing any Demacian colors or symbols other than the ones he is stuck with (the chains). I can't explain the shirtlessness though. He also has this really cruel laugh and really cruel smile to match, something that contributes to his now cruel personality. His design is fine. You forgot to mention Mordekaiser, whose new design drew inspiration from Gothic architecture and is a great update to the old Morde look. I think he's definitely a good design. So, imo we have disappointing {{champion:145}} fine {{champion:350}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:10}} and really good {{champion:82}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:555}} . So I'd say its about half and half. Its honestly about the same as their usual output, design-wise. Look at 2016 Champs as an example: usually they have a few human-like Champions ({{champion:202}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:164}} ) and a few more quirky or out-there designs ({{champion:136}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:427}} ). Its a good thing visual design is not the only thing going for a Champion, since I think Jhin, Taliyah and Ivern all get their core appeal more from their personality or gameplay, while having a design that's well suited for that personality or gameplay. I think that may be the case for our new Champion.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-06-07T02:25:20.406+0000) > > I have mixed feelings on this. Kai'Sa was the last huge disappointment from a design perspective for me. I've warmed up a little to her and come to appreciate her more quiet, optimistic personality, but I feel like she could have been more creepy and fearsome. I feel like she should have earned her status as "scary to most normal people" a little more in her design. > > Everyone else is either fine or good. Pyke is really creepy, sleek and cool. He looks like a native of Bilgewater, as OP said, and he's got a really neat splash art. I could imagine him frequenting the place of his splash to add to his list. They could have easily just made him a fish man, but I think animation and voice do a lot for the character as well. > > Neeko, similarly is well-designed. She feels a little alien, but still cute and relatable. All the concepts from the page you linked really ended up looking similar to the final product, so I don't really see her looking that much different even if they went with a different idea. Her colors are great, her VO is adorable and hilarious and I can't wait to see her interact with more people in the lore. If only she didn't have a horrifying color story. > > I think people are overstating how "bad" or "generic" Kayle's redesign is. She IS wearing armor, but they lightened the armor up to indicate that she's not that tanky, which is sensible. The biggest sin of this decision was that in-game the armor reads more like a body suit, but that doesn't mean she's NOT wearing armor. Even beyond that, she kept the basic elements of her old design (armored, helmeted angel smiting her foes with a fiery sword) and I like the added effect of her design evolution throughout an individual game. I like the added wings as she becomes stronger. I liked old Kayle design, but I think new Kayle is good, too. > > I love Yuumi's VO, I just think Yuumi in general is a design that doesn't appeal to everyone. Like most designs in this game. With Yuumi in particular, you either like her design, or you think its generic. You can argue that she's "just a cat" all you like, but you can do that for a lot of characters. {{champion:34}} "She's just a bird" {{champion:1}} "She's just a little girl with powers" {{champion:10}} "She's just an armored angel" (old OR new). Some people are going to love those designs, and others are going to think they are generic. The fact is, I've never seen a cat that uses a book as part of its power set, and Yuumi's lore even helped expand a bit of Runeterra's lore as a whole. So I think overall she was a fine addition. > > Same could be said for Sylas. Its easy enough to boil down his design to "shirtless dude with chains" but the chains themselves are the stars here, as they are the main part of his kit and the main part of his lore. He's a Demacian that no longer wants to associate with the establishment, so he appropriately only has the Demacian-like chains, and nothing else. He isn't heavily armored, he isn't going to be wearing any Demacian colors or symbols other than the ones he is stuck with (the chains). I can't explain the shirtlessness though. He also has this really cruel laugh and really cruel smile to match, something that contributes to his now cruel personality. His design is fine. > > You forgot to mention Mordekaiser, whose new design drew inspiration from Gothic architecture and is a great update to the old Morde look. I think he's definitely a good design. > > So, imo we have disappointing {{champion:145}} fine {{champion:350}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:10}} and really good {{champion:82}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:555}} . So I'd say its about half and half. Its honestly about the same as their usual output, design-wise. Look at 2016 Champs as an example: usually they have a few human-like Champions ({{champion:202}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:164}} ) and a few more quirky or out-there designs ({{champion:136}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:427}} ). Its a good thing visual design is not the only thing going for a Champion, since I think Jhin, Taliyah and Ivern all get their core appeal more from their personality or gameplay, while having a design that's well suited for that personality or gameplay. I think that may be the case for our new Champion. I can respect you opinion on yummi but i think you are missing my complaint with her, it isnt me looking at her and saying that a cat and thats it. A lot of ther voice lines are references to the fact that shes a cat, doing generic cat stuff so it feels like she is focucing on being a trope more so then being a character you get me? Like her taunt is "you look like unscratched furniture" its clear that its a design to appeal to same people who really enjoy those cat stickers you know the ones, she just feels pretty empty in terms of character design compared to a lot of other characters riot has made.
: it would be cool if that circle weapon thingie rotated around her instead of just being a weapon to throw kinda like orianna's relationship with the ball
> [{quoted}](name=oriannashutsdown,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-07T00:55:41.804+0000) > > it would be cool if that circle weapon thingie rotated around her instead of just being a weapon to throw > > kinda like orianna's relationship with the ball one can hope i cant imagine thye would create another character with a throwable disk plus she IS and an assassin so id imagine she has to be melee
: I mean, I'm not really sure that Kayle's design worked to show what kind of character she was as far as gameplay is concerned. I've been playing the game for years, so I personally take for granted that Kayle isn't tanky. Would someone who had no idea peg Kayle as a tanky character? Traditional design practices indicate that they would think she is a little bulkier than most, which would be wrong. I like old Kayle design, but you are kidding yourself if you think it is less generic than the new one. I also like the new one, and I don't think either design is as generic as you are making them out to be. A winged, armored angel isn't exactly ground-breaking. Of the top of my head, several Shin Megami Tensei enemies are armored angels, at least one of which is a woman, and they have been around for a while. Magic the Gathering has some armored angels (I don't play Magic, so I couldn't name a specific one, but I know they exist). Armored angels are a beloved, awesome trope, but they have the potential to be generic, like any other trope. Old Kayle's design isn't immune from that. Edit: I reread my own argument and felt like it was confusing. My main point was that both old Kayle and new Kayle designs are about equally generic. Old Kayle could easily blend in with many other "armored angel" designs and new Kayle has enough similarities to do the same. That is not to say that either are entirely generic, just that neither is that much more unique than the other.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GzJwvnWE,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T01:49:20.318+0000) > > I mean, I'm not really sure that Kayle's design worked to show what kind of character she was as far as gameplay is concerned. I've been playing the game for years, so I personally take for granted that Kayle isn't tanky. Would someone who had no idea peg Kayle as a tanky character? Traditional design practices indicate that they would think she is a little bulkier than most, which would be wrong. > > I like old Kayle design, but you are kidding yourself if you think it is less generic than the new one. I also like the new one, and I don't think either design is as generic as you are making them out to be. A winged, armored angel isn't exactly ground-breaking. Of the top of my head, several Shin Megami Tensei enemies are armored angels, at least one of which is a woman, and they have been around for a while. Magic the Gathering has some armored angels (I don't play Magic, so I couldn't name a specific one, but I know they exist). Armored angels are a beloved, awesome trope, but they have the potential to be generic, like any other trope. Old Kayle's design isn't immune from that. > > Edit: I reread my own argument and felt like it was confusing. My main point was that both old Kayle and new Kayle designs are about equally generic. Old Kayle could easily blend in with many other "armored angel" designs and new Kayle has enough similarities to do the same. That is not to say that either are entirely generic, just that neither is that much more unique than the other. I will concede that the older kayle design wasnt entirely original as far are armored archangels go but thats what people were excited for the rework to touch up. To have a more accurate and modern take on a armored bulwark of justice and virtue that had a bit of leagues own flair to it and instead what we got was another spandex body suit which if havent noticed has become a bit of a trend for female characters as of late for riots design team. I mean just look at the diablo series and their take on angels you can show someone who plays games but maybe not diablo a picture of them and they can probably discern where the design comes from but kayle just looks indistinct especially in her base skin. The only one i think they got right in a sense is the aether wing skin which maintained her armor for the most part but kept a slender look and feel like the orginal the rest same with maybe silver kayle. The one recent exception being neeko, the skin suits of differing colors is an incredibly boring way to make characters. And believe me you if male characters started all coming out as various shirtless guys with different props in their hands id call it out too but im just making note of trend here with recent character designs they seem incredibly low effort when riot has the opportunity to make a real stand out character who adds to the world of runterra in a meaningful way but new additions come across as bland an uninteresting.
Show more

Towboat421

Level 193 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion