thanQ (NA)
: draven axes vs death realm
Had a duel with a Riven as Mord that I won because we left the death realm the moment she recast her ultimate. The timing is insane, in the replay you can see the wave pass straight through Mord with no damage from point blank.
ytf (NA)
: The State of Akali
Rework her. Akali was reworked with zero consideration to how she felt to play against and zero consideration to powercreep. A feeble toddler could have easily explained in detail how her new shroud had no place in the game. Riot also needs to be held accountable for just how damaging Akali has been to the game overall. Reworks are supposed to bring champs up to speed, where an entire team dedicates a solid block of time to one champ. Dozens of other champs sit in an unplayable state and are lucky to be part of the patch notes once a season. For Riot to use that amount of resources on a single champ just to have her be a literal unbalancable nightmare on re-release, dominating the patch notes that could be spent on the aforementioned dozens of unplayable champs is both amateurish and unacceptable. Funny thing is that this post also functions nearly word for word for Irelia too.
: How do I keep up my farm during the mid game as an assassin?
: I think imma main poppy if she is gonna be gud next patch. Say fam, is she gud in jung? I wanna git gud at her before she receives her buffs. Don't want to play her top. Top sucks.
> [{quoted}](name=Yasashi Kokoro,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3PLurr7X,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-06T14:02:05.050+0000) > > I think imma main poppy if she is gonna be gud next patch. Say fam, is she gud in jung? I wanna git gud at her before she receives her buffs. Don't want to play her top. Top sucks. Sadly she's the definition of subpar in the jg, ganks like a worse Hecarim and a less durable Sejuani. You can rely on her as a counterpick but there's more solid jgs out there. Maybe if tank items or jg xp change a bit she can be more viable, but not at the moment.
Νami (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tremaursen,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3PLurr7X,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-06T07:04:56.681+0000) > > It doesn't feel like they want Poppy back in the meta, but rather to have Poppy push mobility champs out of the meta. Hopefully they buff tank items next so that tanks other than Poppy won't be constantly pushed out of even playability thanks to unwinable matchups vs bruisers and unplayable matchups vs gimmics like Vlad and Karma. > > And you severly underestimate just how much this W changes. Her new W will make it impossible to win trades against her as a mobility champ when she has it off cooldown. It's also a MASSIVE increase to her survivability when you consider the reduced cooldown and grounding effect. > > It honestly worries me because of Riot's history with buffing aspects of champs that completely breaks them, and then nerfing everything but that aspect they buffed in the first place. I want Poppy to always be an overall reliable pick with an emphasis on countering mobility, I'll flip shit if I see a Q or Passive nerf if she starts slaughtering mobility champs. Have you played Poppy against mobility champs with multiple dashes? Currently, the W only blocks the first dash from that champion, repeated dashes are not blocked. It feels pretty bad to use a high cooldown skill and then have the enemy jump back on to you, or jump away immediately after. I don't know if the grounded debuff is also going to slow or just prevent more dashes from being used, but I can see the logic behind it.
> [{quoted}](name=Νami,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3PLurr7X,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-07-06T10:56:39.351+0000) > > Have you played Poppy against mobility champs with multiple dashes? > > Currently, the W only blocks the first dash from that champion, repeated dashes are not blocked. > > It feels pretty bad to use a high cooldown skill and then have the enemy jump back on to you, or jump away immediately after. > > I don't know if the grounded debuff is also going to slow or just prevent more dashes from being used, but I can see the logic behind it. Had to check but.... Ya I play a decent amount of Poppy vs mobility champs. I was speaking entirely theoretically for next patch, not her current W. Since you're right, the bigest mobility offenders can ignore her W or force her to have it on cooldown making Poppy's theme useless. Next patch reduces the duration and knockup duration and adds the gounding effect for two seconds and also adds a small (25%?) slow. Grounding prevents ALL movement abilities and will be the only directly applied grounding status in the game, rather than an area players can walk out of. So for a lot of champs it will be more punishing to be grounded by her W than it will be to have the initial dash blocked (see Riven, who is halfway silenced for two seconds). It's also getting it's cooldown reduced, I think it should be about 7 seconds max rank with 40% cdr. This is all pretty huge, especially when you consoder how Poppy trades. One thing I am going to be practicing straight away is hugging walls more often. If someone bounces of your W while you are near a wall, you can perfect Q them while they are knocked up. You have now applied a 50% slow which should in theory allow you to get at least two autos and reposition for your E. This is all a heck of a lot of time for your abilities and passive to cool off, allowing you to extend the trade.
: There was this one guy who actually claimed vaccines caused Autism and vaccines weren't even good and your immune system should be trained by natural means. Something that was just horribly incorrect and dumb. Also this guy had some massive ego and thought himself to be this super high IQ mastermind.
> [{quoted}](name=PPPPPPPPPPPP270,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Zy9hJRsu,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-07-05T17:30:44.488+0000) > > There was this one guy who actually claimed vaccines caused Autism and vaccines weren't even good and your immune system should be trained by natural means. Something that was just horribly incorrect and dumb. Also this guy had some massive ego and thought himself to be this super high IQ mastermind. Wow that's stupid, good thing it's only this one guy right?
AyreBiRabak (EUNE)
: What's the dumbest thing you've ever read in match/board?
Literally any time someone quotes damage post game. Like holy shit, you would assume full AP Nasus is one of the best champs in the game with how vehemently they defend damage as the only value that matters. On boards? That one Rioter who asked if Darth Vader was evil, my God, what absolute concentrated levels of super stupid. > [{quoted}](name=sho ayane,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Zy9hJRsu,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-07-06T00:06:28.552+0000) > > i tower dove an irelia at level 6 as poppy "wow that is balanced" > > feel like i can safely say that poppy is not as much of a problem as irelia, right? There is no louder bitching than bruiser mains when they get counterpicked. Like wow, you're forced to play passive because of what happened in champ select. Welcome to LITERALLY THE REST OF THE CLASSES IN TOP LANE. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE AT THE DOOR PLEASE.
: LGBT Representation Characters
This thread seems like quite the commotion so I'll just throw my two cents in here. Imo there is no "right" way to do a non heterosexual character, just like there is no "right" way to do characters in general. Sure there's themes and guidlines like "make your character interesting", but those are just blanket statements that apply to literally anything and everything while offering no actual solid direction. They can and do help, pherhaps even in a majority, but they are not law. A character is a character, unique and exclusive to the ways that make them a character. There is no absolute values that make characters good or bad. Sometimes a character is good because they are boring, sometimes a character is good because they are hated. Sometimes they are bad for these reasons to. To reiterate, sometimes a character is good because they're gay as fuck, and sometimes they are bad because their sexuality isn't defined enough. When you consider that setting, theme, target appeal, social trends and dozens of other factors including PERSONAL TASTE also determine whether or not a character will be considered "good", you have to realize that the concept is entirely subjective to the induvidual character and the story they are in and who is consuming the media and when. This isn't to say that there are no bad characters and only different appeals of characters, but rather to argue that there are no absolutes to what makes a good character. So I can actual agree that better gay characters would be a nice thing to have, but I can't agree with the statement that "just so happens to be gay" is how you should be doing gay characters. That matter is actually the only truly offensive part of your post, because it implies that a good gay character could never have their sexuality be part of their design, despite many straight characters having their sexual ideals front and center. But still I agree with other constructive arguments about your post. It's wrong to use gay characters to push a personal agenda. It's wrong to pander strictly to bandwagon and obtain profit. Just try to ease on the idea of what "better" champions are, and don't automatically assume that just because a character is gay means they are falling into the negative connotations I mentioned.i actually think Neeko is a bad character, but think Varus is a great character. Both are for entirely different reasons from eachother. But everyone seems triggered as fuck in this thread so I'll just leave it at that. Maybe I'll read through it for the lulz
: To all the low-intellects slandering Renekton. This is for you.
Bait thread but... I don't like playing against Renekton because he decides in champ select that I'm not having fun this game. However I can at least admit that if I just focus on not being greedy I can watch him, in real time, fall off mid to late. There's almost a precose moment where you see him lose momentum because you didn't feed him three kills in lane. No guarantee youll win that game because this says nothing on whether or not you left lane with enough gold to have any sort of impact at all, but it's at least something. What bothers me about this change is that we are for the first time getting static shield shred in League (there has been extremely limited shield reduction or pierce before, but never static value shred) And what is it? 100%. Just instant shield deletion. Sure you need to set up a little bit before using it, but still, are you SURE you want this first instance of this kind of ability to be 100%?
: Why do I feel like you guys are over reacting? Those changes aren't that big imo. It is not like you can't out play her w or wait it out or bait it. Also, you don't get grounded forever. Those changes are shit. Poppy is shit. I like poppy but she is shit atm and I don't think those changes are gonna bring her back to the meta.
> [{quoted}](name=Yasashi Kokoro,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3PLurr7X,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-06T05:45:48.676+0000) > > Why do I feel like you guys are over reacting? Those changes aren't that big imo. It is not like you can't out play her w or wait it out or bait it. Also, you don't get grounded forever. Those changes are shit. Poppy is shit. I like poppy but she is shit atm and I don't think those changes are gonna bring her back to the meta. It doesn't feel like they want Poppy back in the meta, but rather to have Poppy push mobility champs out of the meta. Hopefully they buff tank items next so that tanks other than Poppy won't be constantly pushed out of even playability thanks to unwinable matchups vs bruisers and unplayable matchups vs gimmics like Vlad and Karma. And you severly underestimate just how much this W changes. Her new W will make it impossible to win trades against her as a mobility champ when she has it off cooldown. It's also a MASSIVE increase to her survivability when you consider the reduced cooldown and grounding effect. It honestly worries me because of Riot's history with buffing aspects of champs that completely breaks them, and then nerfing everything but that aspect they buffed in the first place. I want Poppy to always be an overall reliable pick with an emphasis on countering mobility, I'll flip shit if I see a Q or Passive nerf if she starts slaughtering mobility champs.
: Poppy: Activates W
"Hey Top has some huge mobility creep going on right now" "Does that mean that we should let Poppy effectively apply Silence to Riven?" "Lol you're fucking right it does"
: You gave me Yasuo in S chest ??? Are you fucking serious Rito ????
In case it wasn't obvious the S chests are there to give you handfuls of the hundred of skins you would never pay money for (or champs) in order for you to get frustrated enough to buy the skins you want from the store or blow a shiton on chests in bulk. Or in your case, buy every other Brand skin so that Zombie appears in Your Shop
: TFT YORLDES needs a nerf
their one of the hardest comps to get going and are extremely restrictive in their build options. You have to reroll lots and buy a lot of xp to make a comp work. Whenever you see a Yordle comp win it's because they go their draws and won hard, every other Yordle comp lost in stage 4
: Finally hit Platinum (This is goodbye)
You aren't missing out in higher elo, at all. Good to take the real victory while you can, the personal one. And you did get pretty far, so good going m8. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: Don't waste your time, Pika Fox is a known troll on these boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=0004000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T21:27:18.055+0000) > > Don't waste your time, Pika Fox is a known troll on these boards. Well I'm sure he's just misinformed and he's willing to listen to rea- > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=0004000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-28T21:35:17.203+0000) > > Paid lootboxes are perfectly fine, legal, and not gambling. Yugioh card packs, gashapon machines, and gumball machines are all literally the same thing. Your argument that a paid lootbox is bad is dumb. Digital goods and physical goods are the same thing, a product you have bought. Haha ok never mind, you're right. Hopefully I at least generated some traffic so that people who are on the fence about predatory f2p tactics can bear witness to the kind of idiot who defends them.
Noirals (NA)
: In the interest of honesty, I hate this game mode. I have only played it once, halfway, then got bored and sold all my champions to speed up my exit from the game. To start with, as a novel game mode there should be more explanation into actually how to play the game successfully. I haven't played auto-'chess' before and likely won't after this. I found it extremely boring and less about skill than luck. Items and champs ought to be scaled better. I only received one item the entire time I played. Perhaps this is more of my connotations with chess and the failure to meet those expectations. I will stick to chess. hehehe
> [{quoted}](name=Noirals,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=OxtEwEVh,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2019-06-28T20:19:23.235+0000) > > In the interest of honesty, I hate this game mode. I have only played it once, halfway, then got bored and sold all my champions to speed up my exit from the game. To start with, as a novel game mode there should be more explanation into actually how to play the game successfully. I haven't played auto-'chess' before and likely won't after this. I found it extremely boring and less about skill than luck. Items and champs ought to be scaled better. I only received one item the entire time I played. > > Perhaps this is more of my connotations with chess and the failure to meet those expectations. I will stick to chess. hehehe Ironically, actual auto chess would be incredibly boring to play and watch
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tremaursen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=0004000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T20:04:40.868+0000) > > Except it has everything to do with lootboxes. You just chose to say it doesn't without addressing my argument of how it does. > > My I addressed your point about lootboxes and the definition of gambling by stating that the definition does not matter, lootboxes are part of a predatory practice that should not be accepted or tolerated by a consumer base, and how lootboxes are indeed different from blindboxes. > > Your reply entails that you think that lootboxes as a microtransaction, government regulation as a result of lootboxes and microtransaction, and the difference between blindboxes and lootboxes... has nothing to do with lootboxes? > > At this point I am just going to assume that you are deep into the sunk cost falicy and would rather try to validate yourself on the internet than admit that you have been fooled and change your ways, regardless of how vapid your internet arguments are. > > So let me make some more simple statements for you to either address, or admit you cannot argue against them should you ignore them. > > Lootboxes are part of microtransaction system that is objectively detrimental to the video game industry and it's consumers. It is undeniable fact at this point that they are manipulative, exploitative and predatory. Their intention is to generate addicts for the sake of revenue. They are willing to sacrifice creative integrity in order to implement themselves as long as it makes money. They are not only OK with methodologies that make addicts out of children and adults, it is part of the core goal. Damage to the industry is an afterthought as the goal isn't to great a product, it is to generate revenue no matter the cost. > > Riot games is part of this scheme. Here now more than ever their shameless tactics need to be addressed and fought. Yes, Riot needs to keep selling skins to keep their game free. That is fine. What is not fine is them indulging in the worst of the worst of microtransaction tactics in order to generate as much revenue as possible. Systems like these eggs hurt the game, period. Your argument is that lootboxes are often used in a predatory manner. That has NOTHING to do with the concept of a lootbox itself, and everything to do with how SAID CONCEPT IS APPLIED. Lootboxes themselves are perfectly fine, not gambling, and not negative. Theyre a blind bag, no different from any other blind bag or card pack.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=00040002000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T20:15:12.945+0000) > > Your argument is that lootboxes are often used in a predatory manner. That has NOTHING to do with the concept of a lootbox itself, and everything to do with how SAID CONCEPT IS APPLIED. Lootboxes themselves are perfectly fine, not gambling, and not negative. Theyre a blind bag, no different from any other blind bag or card pack. Don't tell me what my argument is when I took the time to explain myself what it is. Protip; it's not your deflection. You haven't argued against my argument once yet, and now claim that lootboxes and their applications have nothing to do with lootboxes as a concept. Nice. I'm looking forward to your new book talking about how water isn't wet, since your last book, "Pretend Arguments that go Nowhere so that you can Stall since you don't have a Real Argument" was so riveting. Let me be even more precise since while I'm clearly not budging the stone that is your mind, maybe passerby readers to this thread will learn something. Lootboxe acceptability indeed depends on implementation. Knowing that, paid lootboxes are an unacceptable implementation, full stop. The monetary aspect immediately and inevitably attracts ideals that go beyond the game. Progression and thematic is ignored for monetary gain. Moral ethics and responsibility are ignored for monetary gain. Consumer integrity and respect is ignored for monetary gain. These factors make paid lootboxes a slippery slope that should not be tolerated under any circumstance. Until you actually argue against my points about how lootboxes are different from blindboxes, I will continue to state as fact that they are different. By the way, for someone who's crux argument depends on lootboxes not fitting the definition of gambling, you seem very nonchalant about ignoring that mentality when stating that lootboxes are no different from blindbags or card packs, despite them being different by definition.
: @Riot: In-Depth Feedback on Teamfight Tactics
Pyke should not have a board wide 2.5 seconds stun lvl 1, that should be his lvl 3 duration. That is all, ty
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tremaursen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-06-28T19:38:49.540+0000) > > Gambling is a term intrinsically entwined with the law, and as such can have various definitions. That's why Belgium views lootboxes as gambling while the US does not. > > However whether or not lookboxes are considered gambling in whatever situation is irrelevant. The methodology and tactics that lootboxes use are the problem. Lootboxes are so inarguably sinister that it's an objective obligation to fight against them for a society that cares about it's peoples vulnerability. > > I am completely serious. Lootboxes are designed to create addicts by exploiting loopholes or unadapted laws. They are completely incomparable to blind boxes. If my goal is to complete a set from a blind box, be it Yu-Gi-Oh or gumball machines, I can do it on ebay. Lootboxes almost entirely deny that option, and League eggs especially demand that you spend entirely on chance until you win a war of attrition for a product that has zero physical value. > > In the thousands of years of history of collectables and blindboxes, there has never been a legal move that I can recall to ban the practice alltogether. In less than a decade, lootboxes and the exploitative systems alongside them have become so rampant that congress is looking at a blanket bill to halt ALL microtransactions that can even be considered to explpit a consumerbase. Who cares about what's gambling and what is not? We should have stood against this at the horse armor, but now instead we need to hope big brother doesn't overstep it's bounds. Which, again has nothing to do with loot boxes, and is an entirely separate issue.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2019-06-28T19:41:56.452+0000) > > Which, again has nothing to do with loot boxes, and is an entirely separate issue. Except it has everything to do with lootboxes. You just chose to say it doesn't without addressing my argument of how it does. My I addressed your point about lootboxes and the definition of gambling by stating that the definition does not matter, lootboxes are part of a predatory practice that should not be accepted or tolerated by a consumer base, and how lootboxes are indeed different from blindboxes. Your reply entails that you think that lootboxes as a microtransaction, government regulation as a result of lootboxes and microtransaction, and the difference between blindboxes and lootboxes... has nothing to do with lootboxes? At this point I am just going to assume that you are deep into the sunk cost falicy and would rather try to validate yourself on the internet than admit that you have been fooled and change your ways, regardless of how vapid your internet arguments are. So let me make some more simple statements for you to either address, or admit you cannot argue against them should you ignore them. Lootboxes are part of microtransaction system that is objectively detrimental to the video game industry and it's consumers. It is undeniable fact at this point that they are manipulative, exploitative and predatory. Their intention is to generate addicts for the sake of revenue. They are willing to sacrifice creative integrity in order to implement themselves as long as it makes money. They are not only OK with methodologies that make addicts out of children and adults, it is part of the core goal. Damage to the industry is an afterthought as the goal isn't to great a product, it is to generate revenue no matter the cost. Riot games is part of this scheme. Here now more than ever their shameless tactics need to be addressed and fought. Yes, Riot needs to keep selling skins to keep their game free. That is fine. What is not fine is them indulging in the worst of the worst of microtransaction tactics in order to generate as much revenue as possible. Systems like these eggs hurt the game, period.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Either way, a loot box, by definition, is not gambling. You purchased a product, and received said product. The box contains, for sure, an item. The item is not cash, and the value of all possible items you can get from it is listed before hand. In general, the loot box is cheaper than anything you fould have individually purchased as well. Its a blind bag, same as any blind bag, same as any gashapon machine, same as any card pack. EA uses them to sell power, which is bad. That doesnt make the concept as a whole bad. Baning loot crates altogether would mean the $.25 toy machines at stores are illegal, pokemon cards are illegal, gumball machines are illegal, blind bags are illegal, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0LTtRTRT,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-28T15:32:23.776+0000) > > Either way, a loot box, by definition, is not gambling. > > You purchased a product, and received said product. The box contains, for sure, an item. The item is not cash, and the value of all possible items you can get from it is listed before hand. In general, the loot box is cheaper than anything you fould have individually purchased as well. > > Its a blind bag, same as any blind bag, same as any gashapon machine, same as any card pack. > > EA uses them to sell power, which is bad. That doesnt make the concept as a whole bad. > > Baning loot crates altogether would mean the $.25 toy machines at stores are illegal, pokemon cards are illegal, gumball machines are illegal, blind bags are illegal, etc. Gambling is a term intrinsically entwined with the law, and as such can have various definitions. That's why Belgium views lootboxes as gambling while the US does not. However whether or not lookboxes are considered gambling in whatever situation is irrelevant. The methodology and tactics that lootboxes use are the problem. Lootboxes are so inarguably sinister that it's an objective obligation to fight against them for a society that cares about it's peoples vulnerability. I am completely serious. Lootboxes are designed to create addicts by exploiting loopholes or unadapted laws. They are completely incomparable to blind boxes. If my goal is to complete a set from a blind box, be it Yu-Gi-Oh or gumball machines, I can do it on ebay. Lootboxes almost entirely deny that option, and League eggs especially demand that you spend entirely on chance until you win a war of attrition for a product that has zero physical value. In the thousands of years of history of collectables and blindboxes, there has never been a legal move that I can recall to ban the practice alltogether. In less than a decade, lootboxes and the exploitative systems alongside them have become so rampant that congress is looking at a blanket bill to halt ALL microtransactions that can even be considered to explpit a consumerbase. Who cares about what's gambling and what is not? We should have stood against this at the horse armor, but now instead we need to hope big brother doesn't overstep it's bounds.
: Daily Reminder that Rengar has no Counterplay
Rengar has one of the biggest counters in league; gamestate. Rengar is actually one of those few champions that is essentially a 4v6 if he's behind. He's absolutely feast or famine and has some of the most difficulty coming back from behind. There's a reason he's a solo climb monster while never really being viable in competitive or high elo comps. Hell he genuinely sucks in general at the moment. WORK WITH YOUR TEAM TO SHUT HIM DOWN, FULLSTOP. Are you a toxic PoS that wants to have his cake and eat it too? Too bad, here's an empowered Q. I don't consider his playstyle or design to be healthy, but in the moment those problems aren't going anywhere. Regardless he does have real counterplay that you should really start considering. This post reeks of elo shitter more than anything.
: A plea from a MidLaner: Make the first buff spawn 10 seconds sooner.
I honestly just miss starting anything but buffs and not have been trolling. I fondly remember starting wolves and smiting them for that sweet vision against invades
Napoleon3 (EUNE)
: league of legends zed vs poppy full build.
The Poppy did play that like garbage, but yes I agree that's some ludicrous damage
fire263 (NA)
: Unfortunately, a hard reset will not really do anyone very good. Not just in diamond, but everywhere there's an influx of players that aren't in the elo they should be, just because of how bugged ranked has been at the beginning and now people of lower skill level are playing against each other at higher elo's. The skill level between plat and silver, for example, is much closer than it has been any other season. I'm currently in my promos for diamond, where I never expected to be, and honestly don't believe I should be. Diamond used to be top 1% of players I believe, and was truly an accomplishment, but now it's like top 4%. I was hardstuck gold last season and somehow I'm now almost diamond with a 62% winrate, which should not be happening if the elo's were actually an accurate representation of skill. The only suggestion I would have that's not a complete reset would be to just drop everyone down to diamond 4 or so, and make everyone's mmr even. (gain and lose same amount of LP). This way, only the best of the best would be able to climb back to the top, while the rest would either drop or be stuck. Perhaps plat 1 would be even better, as one of the major problems is that there are too many players at D4. But not just in diamond, across the board I feel as if players need to be dropped. How I see ranked system working is that the lower the tier, the more players there should be in that tier. Yet that is not the case, as Iron is one of the smallest tiers, and gold has nearly double the amount of players as last season. The problem is not that matchmaking suck ass as everyone is saying, it's just that there are too many people that should be lower tier that are higher tier than they should be. Iron needs to be 30ish% of the playerbase, bronze 25%, silver 20%, gold 15%, and plat+ should be last 10%, (give or take a few percentage). Gold and silver should not take up ~60% of the ranked playerbase. Riot tried to include these new tiers to even out the ranked playerbase, but they failed to actually put people in those tiers, and now most of the people that ended bronze season 8 are now silver-gold season 9, and so on. That kind of turned into a rant, but I really do believe that everyone should be sent down tiers. If you are truly better than your tier, you should climb and get out of the tier you were sent to, otherwise you should stay there until you improve. This will also fix a lot of problems with matchmaking, as players will be closer in skill level than what they are currently.
> [{quoted}](name=fire263,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YXjfzW0Z,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-17T21:04:31.788+0000) > > Unfortunately, a hard reset will not really do anyone very good. Not just in diamond, but everywhere there's an influx of players that aren't in the elo they should be, just because of how bugged ranked has been at the beginning and now people of lower skill level are playing against each other at higher elo's. The skill level between plat and silver, for example, is much closer than it has been any other season. I'm currently in my promos for diamond, where I never expected to be, and honestly don't believe I should be. Diamond used to be top 1% of players I believe, and was truly an accomplishment, but now it's like top 4%. I was hardstuck gold last season and somehow I'm now almost diamond with a 62% winrate, which should not be happening if the elo's were actually an accurate representation of skill. > > The only suggestion I would have that's not a complete reset would be to just drop everyone down to diamond 4 or so, and make everyone's mmr even. (gain and lose same amount of LP). This way, only the best of the best would be able to climb back to the top, while the rest would either drop or be stuck. Perhaps plat 1 would be even better, as one of the major problems is that there are too many players at D4. > > But not just in diamond, across the board I feel as if players need to be dropped. How I see ranked system working is that the lower the tier, the more players there should be in that tier. Yet that is not the case, as Iron is one of the smallest tiers, and gold has nearly double the amount of players as last season. The problem is not that matchmaking suck ass as everyone is saying, it's just that there are too many people that should be lower tier that are higher tier than they should be. Iron needs to be 30ish% of the playerbase, bronze 25%, silver 20%, gold 15%, and plat+ should be last 10%, (give or take a few percentage). Gold and silver should not take up ~60% of the ranked playerbase. Riot tried to include these new tiers to even out the ranked playerbase, but they failed to actually put people in those tiers, and now most of the people that ended bronze season 8 are now silver-gold season 9, and so on. > > That kind of turned into a rant, but I really do believe that everyone should be sent down tiers. If you are truly better than your tier, you should climb and get out of the tier you were sent to, otherwise you should stay there until you improve. This will also fix a lot of problems with matchmaking, as players will be closer in skill level than what they are currently. Your expression on how you climbed this season hits home. I genuinely believe I am better at this game this season then I have even been, but I also genuinely feel that I have done nothing special to earn D4. Promos felt almost entirely determined by which team had the players most likely to tilt and start making mistakes. Regular games are a gamble on matchmaking more than player skill. I agree that dropping players tiers would be the best way to go. Let them fight their own MMR to get to a place they actually deserve. However I think you are mistaken about super low elos. Iron was a godsend this season because despite what one would like to believe, there are players out there who will play ranked but can genuinely not play the game. League has an extremely low barrier of entry, and because of that it attracts players that have a level of skill that's genuinely hard to comprehend for even average players. The lower the barrier of entry, the more players like this there are going to be. 30% in the lowest tier means that the bottom one percent will be interacting with the rest of the bottom of 30% in some way. This is a massive disparity. I think the problem lies more with what we already agree on, tier issues. It's too easy to reach a tier and then stick there. What would be preferable is an even distribution of the percentage of players in any given tier. So for example Diamond has say 8% of the playerbase total, and each level of Diamond has ~25% of the players in Diamond. What we see in Diamond instead is a hard majority of it's players are in the lowest level, which is what has lead to most of the problems we see there.
: You aren't going to change people's mentality. Even if it was easier to fall out of diamond, the players know they can get back into it whenever they want. Also, hard reset will just make things worse. Season 1 ranked when everyone was at the same elo was ten times worse than anything that happens in diamond right now. Soft reset puts low diamond players into high gold low plat mmr range. If they can climb to diamond from there, they will have no problems climbing to diamond from silver. The only difference is that they make the game worse for others they play with along the way. There will always be a point where the good enough mentality takes over and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YXjfzW0Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-17T10:29:16.507+0000) > > You aren't going to change people's mentality. Even if it was easier to fall out of diamond, the players know they can get back into it whenever they want. > > Also, hard reset will just make things worse. Season 1 ranked when everyone was at the same elo was ten times worse than anything that happens in diamond right now. Soft reset puts low diamond players into high gold low plat mmr range. If they can climb to diamond from there, they will have no problems climbing to diamond from silver. The only difference is that they make the game worse for others they play with along the way. > > There will always be a point where the good enough mentality takes over and there is nothing you can do to stop it from happening. That's likely true. I was actually thinking of Overwatch's Ranked system after I made this thread. I didn't spend too long in that ranked community for other reasons, but for the time I was there I felt like I was actually at that level of play, along with at least the majority of people I played with. Overwatch has a MMR only ranked system, the broad overall value of your ranked skill IS your ranked placement. I think this is something League could heavily benefit from, since with a system like that "good enough" doesn't exist. There is the peak of your climb, and then the need to actively maintain that peak. > [{quoted}](name=Novae Idyllica,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YXjfzW0Z,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-17T17:05:11.632+0000) > > I have no words referring to ranked as I try to avoid it like the plague, but I really love your writing style. It kept me interested in what you were saying the whole way through. Thanks! I try to bring substance to a topic like this that goes beyond rage and ranting.
Rioter Comments
: This Elo is am embarrassment it's no longer top 1% of the player base too many boosted players too many people that no longer care as masters is way bigger step from diamond than plat is from diamond literally filled with smurfs playing their warmups, boosters, and boosted players the skill discrepancy is too high between the average diamond players
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfsNd6vi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-16T02:51:15.283+0000) > > This Elo is am embarrassment > > it's no longer top 1% of the player base > too many boosted players > too many people that no longer care as masters is way bigger step from diamond than plat is from diamond > > literally filled with smurfs playing their warmups, boosters, and boosted players > the skill discrepancy is too high between the average diamond players Feels like Ranked Armor was a mistake. Diamond is the illusion of grandeur in League, where faux "humble" players won't say their challenger, but they sure as hell think they are Diamond. I can't imagine how many of the 15 000* there never actually earned the spot. I wish ranked was MMR only, the fallout of Diamond would be amazing
: Wat a tale
> [{quoted}](name=ThaneBrood,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mfsNd6vi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-16T02:57:51.853+0000) > > Wat a tale The Epic Tales of the D4 Shitter - Volume 1
Rioter Comments
: Proof that NB3 actually got Nubrac banned
NB3 complaining about what other players can get away with. What a piece of shit. He needs to be banned period, even ignoring this whole fiasco he as a player doesn't deserve to go unpunished.
: You know new morde is broken when even tahm kench loses to him.
In what regard? Is Kench loosing lane or just loosing the matchup overall? Kench isn't broken winrate wise, he is just so unbelievably toxic to play against in lane. His late is garbage and Mord has a great late and counters Kench's best lategame ability
: We need a massive VU overhaul for old champs
Riot definitely does not have the man power for such a project if they are splitting their development teams to both the mobile port and notautochess. However hopefully they will be heavily inclined to do so after. Can you imagine someone new to the franchise starting up Teamfight Tactics and seeing Mundo's ugly ass looking then square in the face? Some of the champs are so outdated visually they are outright liabilities
: Wtf is up with normals MMR?
I'm plat mmr soloQ, but really couldn't be more than gold mmr in norms. Just recently went against a MASTERS player top lane. I know there's not exactly going to be enough master plauers to fill out a regular que, but jesus christ
: Is this the worst bot lane ever or enemy bot lane was smurfing?
Depends on the rank and matchup, depends on the replay, kind of depends on the game duration. Some games you are simply going to get dragged straight through the mud, but there are games where lanes clearly give up despite not actively trolling. I do wish there was a reactive threshold of rank/kill ration to throttle players who feed this hard. If this was plat+, against that particular comp there is simply no excuse to go 2-25 as a bot lane. If they played like they cared then could cut those deaths in half. Not saying ban hard feeders, but it would be nice to see players capable of instances this extreme being separated from players who actually legitimately try. I don't have 1-12 games anymore, but I genuinly believe my team didn't deserve to have me on their ranked games for the instances where I did
: The hair is not the most disturbing part about Qiyana's design
Noticed that too, bothered me too. What's really a letdown is that we just had a champ where you could abuse such absurd proportions. {{champion:518}} has this massive tail kind of just awkwardly sticks out of her butt. It doesn't look like it attaches to her spine at all, and you do have to wonder what mess of muscle and bone lies where her cheeks. I'm speaking literally too. In order for that tail to work you would need a very wide pelvic bone to allow a believable connection of the vertebra. Thisbcouldnhave worked for Neeko to help give her more of a monster vibe But instead Neeko is a generic pallet swap "monster" girl while Qiyana is gacha bait turned up to eleven
Ralanr (NA)
: Right, and she’s so busy trying to find the hero that she doesn’t stick around one place long enough to really notice the political climate. Hell, she doesn’t even realize how long she’s been looking.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3iZJWyxU,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T23:28:26.000+0000) > > Right, and she’s so busy trying to find the hero that she doesn’t stick around one place long enough to really notice the political climate. Hell, she doesn’t even realize how long she’s been looking. Ah, now I see what you mean. That could make sense, having her at the forefront of the upcoming climate to explain her current absence
Ralanr (NA)
: Remember that Poppy’s lore is about the founding and early days of Demacia, not current. In fact, since it’s her destiny to lead Demacia to greatness as the hero, it’s entirely possible that she’s meant to bring Demacia onto a brighter path.
> [{quoted}](name=Ralanr,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3iZJWyxU,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-06-05T23:20:03.688+0000) > > Remember that Poppy’s lore is about the founding and early days of Demacia, not current. In fact, since it’s her destiny to lead Demacia to greatness as the hero, it’s entirely possible that she’s meant to bring Demacia onto a brighter path. All instances of her lore beyond her involvement with Orlon are seemingly implied to take place in the modern era
: Mordekaiser and his cape
Fabulous flowing golden cape is exactly the reason KoC Mord was my favorite old skin of his, this change NEEDS to happen
: I feel like a lot of people don't get this so let me try and help a bit... Did magic start the rune wars?... Yes Did magic start the Darkin wars?... Yes Did magic bring Mordekaiser back from the dead to lead a second onslaught on humanity only to now be in a border thanks to, oh look magic, once again by the shadow isles?... Oh F Yeah... Like Demacia is not an evil place, not anywhere near from it, but Magic has made so much suffering in the world of Runeterra, and Demacians finally made a home of peace, at an expense granted but Peace none the less, one that they even give to their Neighboring Kingdom's, that DO USE MAGIC, and even their en enemies in Noxus, BUT they are afraid of it while also not fully understanding it, only knowing its evils and not much of the good it can bring. Lack of information and a shallow fear spread around the Capital and make a rift also affecting the common villages, as though not poor, given how Demacia is, not without their struggles, which Magic wielders from there to lend their support, something Demacians actively hunt and pursue them for. Poppy is a believer, of WHAT DEMACIA WANTS TO REPRESENT, and seems that the Royal blood as well, with how we see J4 accept Shyvanna, and his Dad, J3 accepting her, while many of the other powerful families didn't seem to like it. Poppy might see the bad of Demacia but an understanding of their fear, hoping instead that the one to wield the hammer, will bring it unity and take away their fears, yet she is so lost in the search that she is blind to herself being the answer. Most Yodles that are from a region depict it in some sense, Amumu, is a Yordle that has forgotten where he came from, only ruin around him, Gnar is lost in an evolved world, too busy in his activities to look at the rest, Kled has gone mad with conquering and glory that he has forgotten what it means her is her blindness to herself and constantly questing for a hero not knowing she is the one that needs to act.
> [{quoted}](name=TimelessLuck,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=3iZJWyxU,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-05T22:36:57.835+0000) > > I feel like a lot of people don't get this so let me try and help a bit... > Did magic start the rune wars?... Yes > Did magic start the Darkin wars?... Yes > Did magic bring Mordekaiser back from the dead to lead a second onslaught on humanity only to now be in a border thanks to, oh look magic, once again by the shadow isles?... Oh F Yeah... > > Like Demacia is not an evil place, not anywhere near from it, but Magic has made so much suffering in the world of Runeterra, and Demacians finally made a home of peace, at an expense granted but Peace none the less, one that they even give to their Neighboring Kingdom's, that DO USE MAGIC, and even their en enemies in Noxus, BUT they are afraid of it while also not fully understanding it, only knowing its evils and not much of the good it can bring. Lack of information and a shallow fear spread around the Capital and make a rift also affecting the common villages, as though not poor, given how Demacia is, not without their struggles, which Magic wielders from there to lend their support, something Demacians actively hunt and pursue them for. Poppy is a believer, of WHAT DEMACIA WANTS TO REPRESENT, and seems that the Royal blood as well, with how we see J4 accept Shyvanna, and his Dad, J3 accepting her, while many of the other powerful families didn't seem to like it. > > Poppy might see the bad of Demacia but an understanding of their fear, hoping instead that the one to wield the hammer, will bring it unity and take away their fears, yet she is so lost in the search that she is blind to herself being the answer. > > Most Yodles that are from a region depict it in some sense, Amumu, is a Yordle that has forgotten where he came from, only ruin around him, Gnar is lost in an evolved world, too busy in his activities to look at the rest, Kled has gone mad with conquering and glory that he has forgotten what it means her is her blindness to herself and constantly questing for a hero not knowing she is the one that needs to act. I like the idea of Demacia that you represent, but I don't feel that's the Demacia we got. There is never sufficient explanation that magic just isn't worth the risk. If there is, it is entirely undermined by the blind and irrational hatred we see taken against magic instead. What's more is how the deeper Demacia goes down this hole, the more it collides with already established lore. Not old world League of Legends lore, updated, canonical lore that we are supposed to be able to trust. Poppy, Galio, Kayle and Shyvana all stand out as things that shouldn't be, but simply do. It's poorly put together and comes closer and closer to falling apart with every lore update
: The more we learn about Demacia the more I find it weird that Poppy is there.
tl:dr Poppy breaks a forced narative by the writing staff that has tried to make Damacia a morally grey state but only succeeded in making it essentially the evil state. The writers are immature and dedicated to grinding their fancition into reality no matter the damage it will cause. God, don't get me started. But let's get fucking started. Poppy is a massive walking (literally, as an explorer) plothole in nu-Damacia and it's magic racism. She's been around since the early foundations of the nation, so a long time. She personally acquainted herself with a human leader and essentially served under Damacian ranks for supposedly decades before spending HUNDREDS of years looking for the Hero of her hammer. During this time she built a reputation of an unseen protector, killing monsters and the like in her quest. We also know that she tried and failed several times in giving her hammer away. So lets assume glamour is really that good, and through centuries nobody in the Damacian government has thought "hm, maybe we should check out these stories of some seemingly normal person doing extraordinary feats?" Maybe they did, but thought better of it and decided to instead kill more starving farmers. It's perfectly acceptable to assume she is too naive to notice the political landscape change around her to a more tyrannical one, but to assume she NEVER interacted with someone and let it slip that she's not some human? Even Tristana had no idea what glamour was and was exposed before killing her attackers. Poppy interacts with people on the regular, walking freely through towns. She's supposed to be naive but not stupid, so we can only assume she walks into bars and barracks looking for heroes and talks it up with the locals. She loves the country after all, she's not bumming it up in the woods like some witch, she is actively looking throughout the country for her hero. "I'm no Hero, just a **_YORDLE_** with a hammer" She is the Yordle the MOST likely to let slip her heritage, and she is the MOST exposed to the very people who would hunt her down. And you're telling me she had NEVER given away that kind of information or that nobody has EVER gone in to investigate her? Bullshit. In her comic, which is presumably canon, she one shots a literal walking mountain in front of potentially hundreds if not thousands of witnesses, and I guess nobody decides to look into that? Come on. What's really going on is that Riot's massive throbbing hard-on for "no true good, no true evil" mentalities is destroying and complicating existing lore. The fact that the writing is garbage does not help. Poppy's lore is a gem of innocence and inspiration, marred by the forced narrative of Riot's uptight writing staff. No Riot, I will _NEVER_ forget the Darth Vader thread, those posts say everything I will ever need to know. And I know it's hard to write a consistent narrative over so many separate champion stories, but this isn't that. This is writer's greed demanding their own story rather than what works best or even makes fucking sense. It doesn't work that the magic racist state essentially worships a literal magic angel. You can't say that said angel is supposed to be a paragon of justice when she's a genocidal maniac with daddy issues. You can't say a giant magic statue is common knowledge for the populace and is completely accepted as a protector when the true nature of Petrecite SHOULD be known by the higher ups of the state. Get that? Unless they are the most incompetent parliament ever devised, the Damacian government KNOWS that Galio is a walking entity of absorbed magic, but they're just ok with that? They are willing to MURDER their own citizens because they are using magic to keep themselves from starving to death but don't seem to question an actual dragon woman holding established rank in their military? The reason I am so upset about this is that Damacia was my favorite place in Runeterra. Was, when it was about the ideals of justice and fairness. There was a really good run of lore until you had to change it to fit your loreboy Sylas. Now they are obviously, so _laughably_ the bad guys. Deeper cracks in the justice system of Demacia would have been your way to show that not all things are as glamorous as they seem. That's fine, in fact I encourage some subversion for the sake of a good story. But it's not a good story, its a garbled mess forced into the old country we loved in order to get your literary rocks off. Hilariously evil Damacia magic racism is not compelling, it's not interesting or thought provoking. You tried to hard, and now it just reeks tryhard. I wrote less edgy moralities when I was a teenager. It is again, forced, and it is ruining what little credibility both the story and you as writers have left. Poppy is just the perfect icing on the cake exposing how messed up it all really is. Bless the Mord writer for not forcing some sympathetic side to the character, keeper him evil just to be evil. He even had the balls to come here and defend his narrative decisions with arguments rooted in the core ideals of the character without needlessly stepping on toes. Can't wait to see what mess they'll make of Shyv and J4 as they continually update lore and progress with this civil war.
Rioter Comments
: o rly? stuff exists that i dont agree with? i didnt know that. doesnt mean i have to find it good cause it exists. you do know %%%%%%%%%s are sexually interested in kids right? doesnt mean you have to like it. but im gonna delete this entire comment thread anyways, people going mental cause i have an issue with a game creating A SEMI NAKED SKIN FOR A KID
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=88EgYvvs,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2019-06-01T18:08:05.236+0000) > > o rly? stuff exists that i dont agree with? i didnt know that. > doesnt mean i have to find it good cause it exists. > you do know %%%%%%%%%s are sexually interested in kids right? > > doesnt mean you have to like it. but im gonna delete this entire comment thread anyways, people going mental cause i have an issue with a game creating A SEMI NAKED SKIN FOR A KID People just don't enjoy the "no fun allowed" mentality that's plaguing western society nowadays. I'd be intrigued by a PP Annie skin because kids perhaps reflect the carefree fun in the sun days the best, and it would be cool seeing Annie chilling out with some friends having fun. As long as Riot remains tasteful and respectful (like they did with PP Zoe I would say) then I don't see the issue with the skin regardless of broad, meaningless statements like "semi naked". Like, you're semi naked if you're wearing shorts. Saying this in advance, the impulses and actions of a minority should not stand on the way of artistic expression or integrity. The vast majority of consumer interests for something like this lies in reasons akin to my own,thise with more vested interest in perversion be damned
: Pool Party/Star Guardian Annie
Iirc Star Guardian and Super Galaxy exist in the samw universe, otherwise I would say Annie is a shoe in for the SG line. Pool party however would likely result in some... complications > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=88EgYvvs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-01T06:22:39.415+0000) > > Why does the pool party have... breasts? Shhhhhh
: You want to balance between ranged and melee top laners? Bring rebalanced snowball into rift
Pretty sure that would be too strong for junglers. It's basically a better Kayne E for the entire roster.
Sherogarth (EUNE)
: Lets face it: Mordekaiser's ult will become a balancing nightmare.
Should probably wait for the ability details before making too many assumptions. The "1v1 me scrub" ult has seen several iterations throughout league.It started with Poppy, has been experimented with for J4 and Camille, and was once a beta Fiora ult iirc. Riot at least has perspective on how strong this kind of ult is, so I give them the benefit of the doubt for now
: As a moderator, I'm offended
Never looked deep into that thread but it was pretty obviously started as a clever satire on how we still appreciate sexy women in our games. Hopefully there where other reasons it got removed, otherwise we're in nojokesallowed mode
: i feel like lux's voice over needs some more lines depicting her questioning of demacian laws
I would greatly prefer if Damacia's magic rasicm wasn't so completely absurd to begin with
: Dear Riot: So about those Warwick bugs.
Warwick has had most if not all of his worst bugs since his rework, and the W bug in particular is the reason I don't play him anymore. You literally can't play the champion as indented or designed, and your available strength in a particular game is based on whether or not your W wants to work properly that game. It's frustrating in both that you can't play your champ properly and that Riot doesn't seem to want to even communicate about why these bugs still plague the champion. He's even getting buffed this patch but Riot still doesn't seem to have mentioned anything about his unplayable state
: Is Nasus in a bad matchup?
If he maxes E then there is no reason you shouldn't be building a powerspike item that's going to punish him for choosing to be garbage at duels. If you shut him down early and he comes back to carry that means you didn't push your strengths with your team to enhance your lead and closeout early. Having issue with both situations heavily imply that you're in low elo
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xKdtMn4r,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-23T23:13:24.014+0000) > > none of those are tanks Really? Every One of those I have played against usually build their main item, that being trinity force or something else. Then right after just health items.
> [{quoted}](name=yeetsteak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xKdtMn4r,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-23T23:18:49.470+0000) > > Really? Every One of those I have played against usually build their main ite, that being trinity force. Then right after just health items. Health items are not necessarily tank items, but regardless Darius is a juggernaut who builds damage and tank while Nasus is a stacker who builds depending on how well he is stacking. Neither are tanks however both are very good at becoming unstoppable killing machines at low elo, which might be where your gripes are coming from.
Show more

Tremaursen

Level 185 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion