koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
As a support main, I really miss being able to have the feeling that I am doing something to "protect" the people on my team. I never really feel that I was able to do anything significant when I play Janna or Nami because dmg is so high and they have been nerfed so much that I'm really only useful for my cc abilities. I don't want to do damage when I play support, I want to support my team. When I want to do damage, I go mid and hope I don't get shit on by an assassin.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrevorAlu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jynUsl0L,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-10-29T04:57:28.684+0000) > > As grateful as I am, remember that this costs Riot literally nothing to do other than implementing it and possible lost purchases from the giveaway (very little). 25 presitege tokens is like 35 dollars so to give 30 million players 25 tokens I'd losing a massive amount of money alone
> [{quoted}](name=Bonten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jynUsl0L,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2019-10-29T17:46:36.314+0000) > > 25 presitege tokens is like 35 dollars so to give 30 million players 25 tokens I'd losing a massive amount of money alone except to get anything you have to have 100, so theyre basically worthless to most people or the only way you get use out of them is if you already paid for the other 75
: I’m fine with getting Red Baron corki
As grateful as I am, remember that this costs Riot literally nothing to do other than implementing it and possible lost purchases from the giveaway (very little).
Ulanopo (NA)
: Riot Cactopus makes an official statement about HKA and announcers
Or so they say lmao, lets wait and see what actually happens
: Why isn't Majestic Empress Morgana a Legendary Skin?
Making it legendary just means it's more expensive to me :/
EdgeLady (NA)
: Let's talk about the big armored Demacian in the room
I mean lux has magic so why wouldn't garen?
Anu3isII (EUNE)
: I personally feel like her E and her Ut should swap places. Make E a small range targeted dash with minimal damage that doubles in range against targets affected by Moonlight and resets, while having a huge CD when used on non-debuffed targets. This way she would finally have an Early Game outside of "Wait till 6". Imagine her new Ultimate being a huge E that brings whole teams around you followed by a small burst of AoE damage, complementing her Q and W into a big explosion. Some other things that I'm surprised they weren't added/changed are: 1) HP Scaling on her W Shield 2) Additional effects for Moonlight (it is aleady cool, but it would be cooler if more parts of her kit interacted/applied it, like her Passive). 3) Nerfs to her Ultimate in general and more buffs to her base kit. It is clear she has too much Power into her Ultimate, which also leads to her bursty Play Style. For now, I find the changes weird.
> [{quoted}](name=Anu3isII,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WQFjshHW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-16T18:56:52.444+0000) > > I personally feel like her E and her Ut should swap places. > > Make E a small range targeted dash with minimal damage that doubles in range against targets affected by Moonlight and resets, while having a huge CD when used on non-debuffed targets. This way she would finally have an Early Game outside of "Wait till 6". > > Imagine her new Ultimate being a huge E that brings whole teams around you followed by a small burst of AoE damage, complementing her Q and W into a big explosion. > > Some other things that I'm surprised they weren't added/changed are: > 1) HP Scaling on her W Shield > 2) Additional effects for Moonlight (it is aleady cool, but it would be cooler if more parts of her kit interacted/applied it, like her Passive). > 3) Nerfs to her Ultimate in general and more buffs to her base kit. It is clear she has too much Power into her Ultimate, which also leads to her bursty Play Style. > > For now, I find the changes weird. i feel like an r like that would be too similar to oriannas
Pika Fox (NA)
: You ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, they didnt need the nerfs then? I know its a hard thing to imagine but you arent on the balance team, and theres a reason for that.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eQiPKHXE,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-16T16:54:01.995+0000) > > You ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, they didnt need the nerfs then? I know its a hard thing to imagine but you arent on the balance team, and theres a reason for that. well considering they just got them, and that the balance team is always right, then yes they did need the nerfs. nothing changed in the 3 months they were broken to suddenly give them a nerf, they were just late as usual. you really shouldnt talk about game balance if you have no experience playing the game...
: A built in 3-hit true damage passive, two massive slows and a knockup when his "main soruce of damage is supposed to be only his QR combo". Yeah, champ designs don't work like that. They have four abilities for a reason. If you let her get close enough to W and Auto instead of using her Q+E, then you aren't using your own range right.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aj7tPJRt,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T22:25:28.429+0000) > > A built in 3-hit true damage passive, two massive slows and a knockup when his "main soruce of damage is supposed to be only his QR combo". > > Yeah, champ designs don't work like that. They have four abilities for a reason. If you let her get close enough to W and Auto instead of using her Q+E, then you aren't using your own range right. i guess my problem with her then is the free move speed and her empowered no cd auto. It would be fine by me if they got rid of both of those and buffed what actually makes her zoe.
: > [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aj7tPJRt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-04T20:06:09.672+0000) > > 1- Link not working. > 2- You're not the only one who thinks that. Her E and Q are supposed to be her main and upmost main source of damage yet she has her w and empowered auto as a cheap failsafe. > > Meaning? > Zoe is just a shit design. Compared to who though? What completely immobile, failsafe-less champion are you playing into her?
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Aj7tPJRt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-04T20:41:00.369+0000) > > Compared to who though? What completely immobile, failsafe-less champion are you playing into her? lux
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I do not believe that the future for League of Legends will be bright
Bringing in Overwatch was a COMPLETE stretch. You're applying your own experiences of not finding people who play to everyone else. and therefore saying no one plays. Many of my friends play, or have at least at one point in time downloaded the game but just got confused and got rid of it. Overwatch queue times are literally sometimes upwards of five minutes and are in general shorter games.
: To be honest, the whole point of ARAM is exploring an huge array of champions at the time. Limiting yourself to your mains is something way more encouraged by other gamemodes and I would recommend using them instead of ARAM if it really does matter for you. Even with a total of 10 bans, you still have access to more than 130 champions that are only limited to your personal roster and the one from the enhanced free roll. If you prefer no bans, cool, there's an option to not ban anything, thus increasing the effective pool by doing so, it your choice. But ARAM won't ever be truly random unless it removes rerolls and reroll pool, trading, roster limitation and enhance punishments for dodging by keeping the same champ. This is something that will never happen and most people probably don't want this either. Bans are there to counter OP champions who were strong enough to ruin the fun of the game and frequent enough (through pick manipulation tools and ARAM accounts) to alter the actual "random" aspect of it (7% of the roster having twice the playrate of the rest of the roster really does hurt randomness I would say). In fact, the only relevant criteria that you mentioned that is hurt by bans is the "quickness" of the gamemode. But if you can't spare less than an additional minute, then I don't know what to say to you...
> [{quoted}](name=PaffWasTaken,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aGEgjlaR,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2019-04-17T09:06:18.363+0000) > > To be honest, the whole point of ARAM is exploring an huge array of champions at the time. Limiting yourself to your mains is something way more encouraged by other gamemodes and I would recommend using them instead of ARAM if it really does matter for you. Even with a total of 10 bans, you still have access to more than 130 champions that are only limited to your personal roster and the one from the enhanced free roll. > > If you prefer no bans, cool, there's an option to not ban anything, thus increasing the effective pool by doing so, it your choice. But ARAM won't ever be truly random unless it removes rerolls and reroll pool, trading, roster limitation and enhance punishments for dodging by keeping the same champ. This is something that will never happen and most people probably don't want this either. Bans are there to counter OP champions who were strong enough to ruin the fun of the game and frequent enough (through pick manipulation tools and ARAM accounts) to alter the actual "random" aspect of it (7% of the roster having twice the playrate of the rest of the roster really does hurt randomness I would say). > > In fact, the only relevant criteria that you mentioned that is hurt by bans is the "quickness" of the gamemode. But if you can't spare less than an additional minute, then I don't know what to say to you... thats just my personal opinion. the original feel of aram to me is not with bans and makes it feel to serious, again in my opinion. i like to get my main on aram because it means ill probably do really well and win which is fun. obviously im not going into aram with the objective of playing my main champions but always nice if thats an option. There are many champions i do not enjoy playing and have no idea how to because of complicated interactions, mechanics, etc so rerolls are always nice and in my view still keep it random.
: Riot recently made the best addition ARAM ever got just to remove it mere days later...
personally, i prefer no bans because i like the feel better. i like aram being completely random, for fun, and quick. plus since you cant choose what champ to play or display it, my team will ban my mains and its like welp, guess im not getting to play that today.
: if you ever give malzahar a full visual update make him hot again
: Pretty sure Riot's whiteknighting literally just made things worse for female gamers
Idk... i agree with it making things worse but i still think the banning was intentionally disrespectful. Maybe not and they were just very concerned about supports, but when all 5 of your bans go to one role which also happens to be stereotypical for the team you're facing, its hard to say it was a strategic move. Just my opinion tho
Moody P (NA)
: Summoner Spells deserve an update
yeah but that's kinda riots problem right not, how do you make something fun and new without it being game breaking *cough* zoe *cough* pyke *cough*
: I love people who say a strong champion like zed is weak while....
: > [{quoted}](name=TrevorAlu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kZEUXMAh,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-12-15T02:46:38.136+0000) > > I mean it really aint a big deal, pretty selfish if you ask me. Same champion, same abilities, same name, she just looks different. If you can't get through that you've got your own problems to deal with. I'm sure you look at someone covered in a burka and think "that's a sex demon".
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kZEUXMAh,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-12-15T17:22:48.650+0000) > > I'm sure you look at someone covered in a burka and think "that's a sex demon". Thankfully she won't be in a burka...
RJay123 (NA)
: If The China Ban Means They Change Evelynn to Not Be a Succubus, I'm Going to be Beyond Angry
I mean it really aint a big deal, pretty selfish if you ask me. Same champion, same abilities, same name, she just looks different. If you can't get through that you've got your own problems to deal with.
: Sexualization of a video game character, if not widely misplaced, is almost never a bad thing.
: If there's no particular reason for a character to be homosexual, it kinda feel like they just made that character homosexual for the sake of making it homosexual. Put it this way, its important to know lucian's sexuality because its his entire lore, its why he's hellbent on destroying thresh and why he's holding two guns, one isn't his. Varus's former self is important to know he's gay so you can understand what his new form truely is, he's 3 entities in one body, and it had to be explained how the two males related to end up in that form. Neeko doesn't have anything in her lore or her quotes that confirms she's lesbian, my first assumption was she's just a bubbly personality character. So rather then leaving it to speculation or keeping like taric or vi where the community can consider them whichever appeals best to them, they just insert her sexuality, which at the time for what's going on inside riot sounds a bit too forced. I personally don't care but it would've been better to keep sexuality hush if there's no reason to confirm it. To us, she could be lesbian, bi, or straight, without having to be confirmed as just lesbian if you get what i'm saying. Drama would've been prevented this way.
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IAl2ZKRP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-20T20:14:27.246+0000) > > If there's no particular reason for a character to be homosexual, it kinda feel like they just made that character homosexual for the sake of making it homosexual. > > Put it this way, its important to know lucian's sexuality because its his entire lore, its why he's hellbent on destroying thresh and why he's holding two guns, one isn't his. > > Varus's former self is important to know he's gay so you can understand what his new form truely is, he's 3 entities in one body, and it had to be explained how the two males related to end up in that form. > > Neeko doesn't have anything in her lore or her quotes that confirms she's lesbian, my first assumption was she's just a bubbly personality character. So rather then leaving it to speculation or keeping like taric or vi where the community can consider them whichever appeals best to them, they just insert her sexuality, which at the time for what's going on inside riot sounds a bit too forced. > > I personally don't care but it would've been better to keep sexuality hush if there's no reason to confirm it. To us, she could be lesbian, bi, or straight, without having to be confirmed as just lesbian if you get what i'm saying. Drama would've been prevented this way. Yeah, but even then people had a problem with Varus being gay, or the guys that make him up.
: But, it has been? ie: the literal couple the was released together. Furthermore, as a gay guy, I don't really give a fuck about her gayness. To elaborate: I don't care that she's obviously interested in females, that it's brought up in a sentence, and a half's worth of letters, or that she has dialogue that doesn't equivalate to thee amount of dialogue Ezreal has for Lux. I do however care that it's being made a big deal of. Like seriously? she's a lesbian Nothing special. It only blew up, because people kept posting about how "Down our throats her gayness is", but everyone's riding the wagon, instead of actually observing how minuscule that information really is. I've done my digging by the way. I'm "*NOT*" talking out my ass, or riding a wagon, because its fun to pick a side with little to no work.
> [{quoted}](name=Stand Alone Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IAl2ZKRP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-21T10:06:24.488+0000) > > But, it has been? ie: the literal couple the was released together. > > Furthermore, as a gay guy, I don't really give a fuck about her gayness. > > To elaborate: > I don't care that she's obviously interested in females, > that it's brought up in a sentence, and a half's worth of letters, > or that she has dialogue that doesn't equivalate to thee amount of dialogue Ezreal has for Lux. > > I do however care that it's being made a big deal of. Like seriously? she's a lesbian Nothing special. It only blew up, because people kept posting about how "Down our throats her gayness is", but everyone's riding the wagon, instead of actually observing how minuscule that information really is. > I've done my digging by the way. I'm "*NOT*" talking out my ass, or riding a wagon, because its fun to pick a side with little to no work. I agree, but I mean straight not being a core part or lore for champs like trundle, malz, or ez. They're just straight because they're straight, but now people have a problem with someone being lesbian for being lesbian...
Rioter Comments
Trestani (NA)
: Irelia isn't a tank. Nor was she designed to be one.
> [{quoted}](name=Interitum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uFVhAnww,comment-id=002e0000,timestamp=2018-11-14T19:50:12.819+0000) > > Irelia isn't a tank. Nor was she designed to be one. she is a tank? do you not play the game? plus her invulnerability...
: Everyone put your hands in the air for the greatest band in all of League history!
: Phreak had some interesting thoughts on mobile champs being balanced around possessing lower winrate
: Does anyone else feel like Riot doesn't know how to handle Tanks anymore?
I feel like Riot is making tanks...not tanks. Like they're supposed to be cc and tanky, but they keep getting more damage or mobility which just makes broken champs like Irelia.
Shazzbot69 (EUNE)
: Twitch prime capsule is a let down
Same with overwatch, they actually give you the skin or whatever it is you earn without having to unlock it
: > [{quoted}](name=TrevorAlu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xdPUyw2V,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-05T02:26:20.759+0000) > > why would they make two different songs with two different kpop groups... Well, Riot hinted at K/DA making more skins in the future, and since this song wasn't just from g-idle, I assume that K/DA isn't officially partnered with them or anything. Yes the first song was made by them (and a collection of others), but that doesn't mean every song that K/DA has will be from them. If I had to take a guess, I'd assume that Riot will extend the offer to many kpop groups and see who responds and is willing to work with them. If g-idle partned with riot to the point that every K/DA song was written by them, I'm almost positive that would've made the news in kpop.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACKPINK Jennìe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xdPUyw2V,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-05T06:31:35.554+0000) > > Well, Riot hinted at K/DA making more skins in the future, and since this song wasn't just from g-idle, I assume that K/DA isn't officially partnered with them or anything. Yes the first song was made by them (and a collection of others), but that doesn't mean every song that K/DA has will be from them. > > If I had to take a guess, I'd assume that Riot will extend the offer to many kpop groups and see who responds and is willing to work with them. If g-idle partned with riot to the point that every K/DA song was written by them, I'm almost positive that would've made the news in kpop. Oh, I get what you're saying now. I thought you meant another song for these 4 skins. Yeah, it would be cool if they made more skins with more groups.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrevorAlu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xdPUyw2V,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-04T23:30:25.862+0000) > > sis... there's already one with g-idle I dun get it... what does that have to do with them making a song with BLACKPINK?
> [{quoted}](name=BLACKPINK Jennìe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xdPUyw2V,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-04T23:31:25.182+0000) > > I dun get it... what does that have to do with them making a song with BLACKPINK? why would they make two different songs with two different kpop groups...
: BLACKPINK "K/DA" Song
sis... there's already one with g-idle
Rioter Comments
: It's too hard to kill LeBlanc
I would just say a nerf on E range since the indicator is never actually accurate anyways.
: Toplane is cancer but Tank Viktor is terminal cancer
I used to main lux mid...trying to play THAT against all was shit is terminal cancer
Audhulma (NA)
: Y'know I'm pretty sure they have to report that you said you'd off yourself to the authorities. They did that with another post not that long ago IIRC. Think there's some kind of liability issue if they don't and you actually do it, not sure. Either way, you probably want to get rid of that part of the post.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sy1ZKAgz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-24T13:36:26.389+0000) > > Y'know I'm pretty sure they have to report that you said you'd off yourself to the authorities. They did that with another post not that long ago IIRC. Think there's some kind of liability issue if they don't and you actually do it, not sure. Either way, you probably want to get rid of that part of the post. It doesn't really matter, authorities don't care enough and it's probably illegal to give out my address.
: Gimme my sexy Ez skins plz
> [{quoted}](name=PTZekrom69,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0No1Fdtp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-25T22:46:17.568+0000) > > Gimme my sexy Ez skins plz he already sexy ;)
Rioter Comments
: Godammit Riot you gotta stop with these borderline impossible missions
flex queue has destroyed my will to live and I still haven't gotten a win for this mission.
Rioter Comments
: Riot, I don't think diamond players like your reworks
They try to make new, interesting champions but just end up making cancerous shits that dash around the map dealing a bunch of damage or never dying.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bpc9iHbe,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2018-10-13T21:58:46.717+0000) > > They probably didn't want to do another top laner so soon. Maokai was just 2 season ago. Mid hasn't had a Victorious Skin since season 4 and that champion isn't even a mid laner anymore (primarily) for a full victorious comp. > > Next year will be very surprising if its not a support. god please no... 2 years of bad skins if next year is a support skin theres no cool supports unless its a pyke or thresh skin
> [{quoted}](name=Kimchi870,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bpc9iHbe,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2018-10-13T22:01:26.290+0000) > > god please no... 2 years of bad skins if next year is a support skin > theres no cool supports unless its a pyke or thresh skin bad opinion
Rioter Comments
: I've given it long enough: I don't understand the hate for Akali
only annoying thing about her to me is in late game/if she's fed she can like perma stealth and do insane dmg dashing around the place but then healing with gunblade
Aedriian (EUW)
: Choosing Level Icons
YES I WANT MY BLUE ONE BACK NOT THIS FUGLY ORANGE ONE
: In the recent Competitive Ruling, why in the world is Uzi not suspended for what he did?
it aint really a big deal, a low popularity e-sports player did something most players have been caught doing. $2000 is nothing to scoff at either.
: I've given it long enough: I don't understand the hate for Akali
i actually like playing against an akali mid as lux, if that means anything
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Gaarashatan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XLYZc051,comment-id=000a0002,timestamp=2018-10-06T09:46:57.519+0000) > > in s4 when i was lvling a smurf, when my main was like G1. my smurf was around lvl 20, my teammates were all lvl ~20 solo ques as well. our enemies? a full 5 man premade made up of 3 diamonds and 2 plat, like p2/p1, and 2 d2 and cant remember the last one I mean it should never happen, but normal's matchmaking is always pretty trash. I hope it's better now tho.
: > [{quoted}](name=TrevorAlu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XLYZc051,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-10-05T03:11:15.338+0000) > > I'm looking at your match history and I can't find one game that has one team significantly higher ranked than the other. Not saying this game isn't toxic and all, but that part of your argument isn't valid. Rank doesnt mean anything, if people feed they feed. This applies to all elos. And before you say get good or a challenger player can do it, you try and play a game where you would have a bigger advantage 3v5 instead of playing with 2 people who int after their first death
> [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XLYZc051,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2018-10-05T14:33:15.949+0000) > > Rank doesnt mean anything, if people feed they feed. This applies to all elos. And before you say get good or a challenger player can do it, you try and play a game where you would have a bigger advantage 3v5 instead of playing with 2 people who int after their first death I'm not saying people aren't terrible players, or that nobody can realistically win a 3v5, but rather responding to your argument. You're saying that the reason you hate the game/are losing is because of Riot's bad matchmaking, but in reality you are being placed with the correct people in the same elo as you, regardless if they're having a bad game or not.
Show more

TrevorAlu

Level 147 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion