AIQ (NA)
: Is {{champion:102}} going to scale with elder in 9.4? Can we remove the decay on her W?
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=QkwlXTpc,comment-id=0030,timestamp=2019-02-20T17:25:46.762+0000) > > Is {{champion:102}} going to scale with elder in 9.4? > Can we remove the decay on her W? Also, please fix Burnout to scale with total AD. (Since AP scaling was removed, it should scale with total AD, rather than bonus AD.) And let her Ult recharge while she's dead.
AIQ (NA)
: @Riot/Meddler Shyvana and Elder
Also, I really think that they neglected to change W scaling to total AD (rather than bonus AD) when they removed the AP scaling from it. (Right? That's how it should work for her...) And let her Ult recharge while she's dead.
AIQ (NA)
: Hey Meddler. 3 things on Shyvana. Elder Dragon scaling, is it going through? Did it get scrapped? Can we remove the decay on W? And as for her story, whats Riot stand on the outcry against it? If you can answer that. Thank you
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BiJm4R5E,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-03-06T17:20:21.069+0000) > > Hey Meddler. > 3 things on Shyvana. > Elder Dragon scaling, is it going through? Did it get scrapped? > Can we remove the decay on W? > And as for her story, whats Riot stand on the outcry against it? If you can answer that. > > Thank you Also, since AP scaling was removed from Burnout, shouldn't it now scale with total AD, not Bonus AD? And let her Ult recharge while she's dead.
AIQ (NA)
: Yeah, I've even gone so far as to start playing other jungles after these nerfs in order to be able to gank more. Trying to get to masters and unfortunately Shyvana having her legs shattered is holding me back. Still playing her in norms and some ranked, but for the most part other champions. He Said 9.3 and that he was sure it was already implemented until we proved otherwise, no one bothered to check I guess. (Story of Shyvana) Hopefully either the jungle or shyvana gets a decent buff. It sucks because some players are getting lucky games and not playing her any more so over 200 games she has a 54% win rate in diamond. (IDK what it is now) So you know riots gonna look at that and say "she must be doing fine" When I'm 100000% sure those were mostly games she was carried in except a few. Regardless, she is on the VGU (priority) list which means shes closer than most champions. So that's something.....
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tIVbdrcF,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-29T15:32:26.416+0000) > > Yeah, I've even gone so far as to start playing other jungles after these nerfs in order to be able to gank more. Trying to get to masters and unfortunately Shyvana having her legs shattered is holding me back. Still playing her in norms and some ranked, but for the most part other champions. > > He Said 9.3 and that he was sure it was already implemented until we proved otherwise, no one bothered to check I guess. (Story of Shyvana) > Hopefully either the jungle or shyvana gets a decent buff. It sucks because some players are getting lucky games and not playing her any more so over 200 games she has a 54% win rate in diamond. (IDK what it is now) So you know riots gonna look at that and say "she must be doing fine" > When I'm 100000% sure those were mostly games she was carried in except a few. Regardless, she is on the VGU (priority) list which means shes closer than most champions. So that's something..... "Until we prove otherwise" - I have photos.
AIQ (NA)
: Yeah, I've even gone so far as to start playing other jungles after these nerfs in order to be able to gank more. Trying to get to masters and unfortunately Shyvana having her legs shattered is holding me back. Still playing her in norms and some ranked, but for the most part other champions. He Said 9.3 and that he was sure it was already implemented until we proved otherwise, no one bothered to check I guess. (Story of Shyvana) Hopefully either the jungle or shyvana gets a decent buff. It sucks because some players are getting lucky games and not playing her any more so over 200 games she has a 54% win rate in diamond. (IDK what it is now) So you know riots gonna look at that and say "she must be doing fine" When I'm 100000% sure those were mostly games she was carried in except a few. Regardless, she is on the VGU (priority) list which means shes closer than most champions. So that's something.....
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tIVbdrcF,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-29T15:32:26.416+0000) > > Yeah, I've even gone so far as to start playing other jungles after these nerfs in order to be able to gank more. Trying to get to masters and unfortunately Shyvana having her legs shattered is holding me back. Still playing her in norms and some ranked, but for the most part other champions. > > He Said 9.3 and that he was sure it was already implemented until we proved otherwise, no one bothered to check I guess. (Story of Shyvana) > Hopefully either the jungle or shyvana gets a decent buff. It sucks because some players are getting lucky games and not playing her any more so over 200 games she has a 54% win rate in diamond. (IDK what it is now) So you know riots gonna look at that and say "she must be doing fine" > When I'm 100000% sure those were mostly games she was carried in except a few. Regardless, she is on the VGU (priority) list which means shes closer than most champions. So that's something..... Shyvana has a lower ceiling than even Garen, and even after these buffs, this still appears to be true. The best thing that could probably happen to her would be if the game turns to some variety of tank meta. (Garen benefited more from the burst/assassin meta last year, than from any direct buff - at all, ever.) I kind of feel like Shyvana was "used", in this most recent buff. The designers weren't trying to benefit the champion so much as to try to use her to further their agenda of having more Dragons fought over. The actual utility is capricious, dubious. (If I take 6 elementals, of course, the first 5 were Ocean and Wind.) ("Now team, we are all going to be bunch of little Garens...") Her biggest buff will be a meta shift. Her second biggest buff will come from item (or possibly rune) changes. Personally, I like her kit as it stands, and her graphics, too. Just give her back a little on her Q that was taken away last year, buff the personal VALUE of her passive a little. She's a relatively simple (yet elegant) champion. She just needs a small stat increase. She'll never be a really viable pick above mid-diamond and that's intentional. All this talk and discussion - we must have offerred 30 "tweaks" - among them some really neat, small, interesting expressions that only enhanced her basic character. In the end it doesn't seem like any of this was read, and the two buffs that she was given were really just very simple number adjustments, nothing to code at all. Change the "1" to a "2", change the "2" to a "3". Very easy to feel dejected here.
: > From past cases of off-meta support bans, and their reversals, or non-reversals... it seems you'll ought to be protected from reproach if you 1) take exhaust and 2) build the gold item to completion first. If you got banned, your best bet for a reversal, based on past cases, would be to take the matter to youtube and get as many clicks as possible. It's not really possible to get a demo of the first game in question and the suspension has already been served so I feel it would do little good. > Riot has stated that filling support and then not taking exhaust could be reportable of itself. Where did they state this?
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Aphrolift,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xg6jTAAE,comment-id=00280000,timestamp=2018-12-22T16:43:07.820+0000) > > It's not really possible to get a demo of the first game in question and the suspension has already been served so I feel it would do little good. > > Where did they state this? I meant, in the future, or in any match. If you want to play off-meta champions in the support role, then make sure to do those two things, and a subsequent review is more likely to be judged in your favour. Riot has mentioned the support/exhaust expectation in more than one place. However, I'm thinking about the letter that they wrote to AdellaideSkyhart (roaming support Singed w/Smite) that was subsequently published.
AIQ (NA)
: > Meddler (NA) Direction being kicked around yesterday was increased damage to dragons to buff her as a jungler in particular. Ongoing topic of discussion as to whether that was the best way to go or not for 9.2 though. I'll follow up on scaling off Elder Dragons taken, hadn't realized that wasn't already in, not immediately seeing any reason it shouldn't be regardless of what else we do. WOOT!!! It's something! We got the Elder Dragon though. Great idea man.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tIVbdrcF,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T17:16:10.507+0000) > > Direction being kicked around yesterday was increased damage to dragons to buff her as a jungler in particular. Ongoing topic of discussion as to whether that was the best way to go or not for 9.2 though. > > I'll follow up on scaling off Elder Dragons taken, hadn't realized that wasn't already in, not immediately seeing any reason it shouldn't be regardless of what else we do. > > > WOOT!!! It's something! We got the Elder Dragon though. Great idea man. We still do not get Dragonborn stacks on Elders. I (my team) actually got 8 dragons in a recent match (6 elementals and 2 Elders), and my passive was only worth 35 resistances. The new buffs feel ~~underwhelming~~ subtle.
: > [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhJujGv0,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-15T03:03:25.428+0000) > > Not acting like a team player is indeed "not working as a team" > if u see someone tied to a train tracks and a train coming a mile away.. > > and u stay there like.. hmm i could easily go and pull them off the tracks... save their life... but no... i dont care. > > just because u "did nothing" doesn't mean that what u did is at all acceptable. > > it doesn't mean that if the person parents saw a video of u standing there they wouldn't bash your head in with a crowbar for not attempting to save their child > > letting harm come to others and standing on the "sidelines" and watching.. IS almost as bad as doing that act yourself. > > now maybe 9/10 people u see like they are being trained by Houdini. maybe they can easily get out... maybe if you offer to help them they will say... "na... i got this" > > but all u got to do is ask. You just compared saving a life to banning a champion on team select in a video game. **The offended generation speaks again.**
> [{quoted}](name=No Chat System,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhJujGv0,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-15T20:36:02.322+0000) > > You just compared saving a life to banning a champion on team select in a video game. > **The offended generation speaks again.** The comparison has already been made on numerous sweatshirts and tees.
Meddler (NA)
: We'll likely do a balance pass on ARAM sometime in the first half of 2019, assuming things with the Nexus Blitz balance pass continue to go well. Plan would be a similar approach of harder to feel things (e.g. some base stats) so that champs don't feel like they play differently but are brought down in power a bit. No specific details available yet though, that work hasn't started. Holiday wise it's going to be Christmas with my GF's family, some time with friends and hopefully a lot of video games :). Might get out of LA briefly, no specific plans for that yet though.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=ATYEjlZv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T16:39:33.985+0000) But, where are our "emote" sales?
: They are nerfing champs that sit on it bc they are too strong. Like irelia or jax. This doesn't affect anyone who finishes hydra instead of sitting on tiamat.
> [{quoted}](name=Mechmanxd,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EB5n9Eku,comment-id=00220000,timestamp=2018-12-18T15:49:37.469+0000) > > They are nerfing champs that sit on it bc they are too strong. Like irelia or jax. This doesn't affect anyone who finishes hydra instead of sitting on tiamat. Of course it affects them. Just, it affects the others MORE.
: Patch 8.24b notes
They changed Akali's restealth based on game length. Which is wrong. Why doesn't this bother anybody else?
: The change to Akalis Shourd is there
They changed the restealth based on game length. Which is wrong. Why doesn't this bother anybody else?
: About Akali
Ability timings based on game length instead of ability level (or champion level, or any other mechanic) is a more serious precedent. There is no other ability in the game that works like this... yet. Tower gold plating, late-spawning dragons, faster minions, and **this**. And it's still "only pre-season".
: About Akali
They changed the restealth based on game length. Which is wrong. Why doesn't this bother anybody else?
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-14T14:58:16.413+0000) > > Evelynn is nude. Reksai is nude.
> [{quoted}](name=l Main Cancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-12-14T15:08:07.058+0000) > > Reksai is nude. Donald Duck refuses to wear pants.
Evangele (NA)
: {{champion:267}} I fucking love a good swear. Your post highlights the difficulties with it however, considering it can make people pay less attention to what you are saying or put less stock in your opinion in general. We wont moderate swearing outside of excessiveness (ie a post spamming fuck nonstop, graphic use of sexual language etc) or harassing, offensive, pejorative or hateful language directed at others on the general subboards. Some sub-boards, such as Gameplay+ might be moderated a bit more harshly for overall tone of the post however. I don't remember where I read it but the use of swearing oftentimes can indicate a higher than average intelligence level of the swearer :^)
> [{quoted}](name=Evangele,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=vGRG3aGQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-17T06:42:28.574+0000) > > > I don't remember where I read it but the use of swearing oftentimes can indicate a higher than average intelligence level of the swearer :^) Pretty sure that you just imagined that last part.
Chiken138 (EUW)
: If this vayne Buff goes trough....
You've written that you understand what the word "%%%%%rdly" actually means, yet you still censor it? You actually took the time to explain (correctly) why the word shouldn't be censored... EDIT: Wow. The board automatically censors that word... that's actually %%%%%%ed.
: > [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=002d000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T15:19:15.332+0000) > > Still helps. In your view, but to each his/her own.
> [{quoted}](name=UlyssesISR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=002d0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T21:45:26.123+0000) > > In your view, but to each his/her own. Anyway, you asked what you could do. Anybody could do it. It's a valid answer.
: Your entire thing is seemingly based on the fact that you feel voting is enough of a voice for a lower level player. Which leaves no room for in between outside of not voting period.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=00050000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T16:37:45.774+0000) > > Your entire thing is seemingly based on the fact that you feel voting is enough of a voice for a lower level player. Which leaves no room for in between outside of not voting period. Actually, you may have led us to another option.
Thilmer (EUW)
: You know, China is surprising for worrying about total stupidities. I was expecting that a dictatorial comunnist country was a bit more worried about politics and less worried about things like satanism or nudity. You disapointed me, China.
> [{quoted}](name=Thilmer,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-12-15T15:30:46.383+0000) > > You know, China is surprising for worrying about total stupidities. > > I was expecting that a dictatorial comunnist country was a bit more worried about politics and less worried about things like satanism or nudity. You disapointed me, China. They probably aren't actually worried about satanism and nudity that much. Their real concern probably has more to do with productivity. They may ban LoL regardless of whatever steps the game takes to censor itself.
: Is it the easier privilege though? I can literally discuss any topic I want in real life. We talk about even voting before we are old enough to vote. We do mock trials despite none of us being a court approved personnel. You don't have to qualify for a position in order to speak about something. For proof, look at US politics. Specifically the Mayor Cat in Alaska. That cat is probably more qualified than the penguin though. It is far easier to have a discussion with others when the option isn't simply "agree" and "disagree". Maybe you have some valid points in one area, but I disagree in another. How is the voting going to convey that?
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T16:13:25.320+0000) > > Is it the easier privilege though? I can literally discuss any topic I want in real life. We talk about even voting before we are old enough to vote. We do mock trials despite none of us being a court approved personnel. You don't have to qualify for a position in order to speak about something. For proof, look at US politics. Specifically the Mayor Cat in Alaska. That cat is probably more qualified than the penguin though. > > It is far easier to have a discussion with others when the option isn't simply "agree" and "disagree". Maybe you have some valid points in one area, but I disagree in another. How is the voting going to convey that? People are thinking about your opinion in real life and discussing it, but they aren't directly voting on your opinion. With your analogy, perhaps low-level posters (new players) should be protected from having their opinion voted on at all (making such posts unvotable by themselves).
: I would be all for this if you had to register your account with a government issued ID, as you do for traditional voting. The reason we don't do this is simple; vote manipulation. You may not be one of the people with 2 dozen accounts, but they do exist. And they will use them, on occasion, to participate in something we refer to as "vote brigading" or "vote manipulation," where they use their 12+ accounts to make their voice heard a disproportionate number of times. Sometimes, this is used to make their "main account's" views look far more popular than they really are, but the bigger problem is when they make *other* user's opinions look far more *unpopular* than they really are, using these accounts to bury comments that they disagree with. That can create a pretty hostile environment without being super visible to other users, since it's impossible for you to see which accounts have made votes. By restricting voting to higher level accounts, we significantly increase the barrier for people to use their accounts in that fashion. So all the arguments about rights are sort of null for me; in most societies, you make trade offs between safety and rights. Every law is an example of a restriction on your rights that increases the quality of life for the whole community. This is really no different.
> [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-15T15:50:03.282+0000) > > I would be all for this if you had to register your account with a government issued ID, as you do for traditional voting. > > The reason we don't do this is simple; vote manipulation. You may not be one of the people with 2 dozen accounts, but they do exist. And they will use them, on occasion, to participate in something we refer to as "vote brigading" or "vote manipulation," where they use their 12+ accounts to make their voice heard a disproportionate number of times. Sometimes, this is used to make their "main account's" views look far more popular than they really are, but the bigger problem is when they make *other* user's opinions look far more *unpopular* than they really are, using these accounts to bury comments that they disagree with. > > That can create a pretty hostile environment without being super visible to other users, since it's impossible for you to see which accounts have made votes. By restricting voting to higher level accounts, we significantly increase the barrier for people to use their accounts in that fashion. > > So all the arguments about rights are sort of null for me; in most societies, you make trade offs between safety and rights. Every law is an example of a restriction on your rights that increases the quality of life for the whole community. This is really no different. As you point out, the current system does not prevent this from happenning, either. If you are allowed to post, then you should be allowed to vote. Lowering the voting level slightly isn't going to suddenly flood with duplicate downvotes. ("Well, I'd make multiple accounts if I only needed to run to level 29, but 30 is just too much!") (Raising the posting level on the forums here slightly wouldn't lock out anybody for more than a matter of additional hours, for that matter...) What makes *this* server more prone to manipulation than other servers that allow participants to vote as soon as they create an account? (I was able to vote with my Reddit account as soon as I made it. Many people are of the opinion that Riot actually pays more attention to the Reddit boards...)
: Vote manipulation would be so easy.
> [{quoted}](name=Bondy,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-15T13:15:22.023+0000) > > Vote manipulation would be so easy. Yeah, so maybe don't give the vote to brand new accounts. Running an account to level 15 is non-trivial. Even running an account to level 8 takes some investment of time...
: Neither of them are actually a right. They are more a privelage we have been given for having an account.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-15T13:28:12.826+0000) > > Neither of them are actually a right. They are more a privelage we have been given for having an account. "When is a privilege not a privilege? - When it is a right." Viewing both of these as privileges doesn't change my point. Voting is the "easier" privilege, the lesser privilege, should logically be the first privilege, etc...
: > [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=002d0000,timestamp=2018-12-15T09:35:40.526+0000) > > Well... we could pray. Atheist
> [{quoted}](name=UlyssesISR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=002d00000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T11:14:48.824+0000) > > Atheist Still helps.
: > [{quoted}](name=Beast Brawler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0003000000000004,timestamp=2018-12-14T03:48:04.851+0000) > > I just want Riot to run itself so we don't have to worry about a bigger company tbh, then Riot would be able to focus more on the community and making the game actually fun to play. While I agree with you, I'm pretty sure riot sold their souls to Tencent specifically so they could have access to the chinese market. IDK if they have the money to get themselves free meaning they'd need to find either a big money investor and hope it's not a leveraged buy out, or they'll have to go begging for a non-chinese AAA developer to buy them. Riot could self-leverage the buyout, but that would require a lot of interest payments. Then we also have to consider that riot is probably making another large scope game, that's going to complicate things because they are going to need money to keep that thing in development. The easist thing to do would be to either strip everything offensive out of the chinese version of league and lock down the chat as well as being a snitch for the government, or create a clone of the game just for that market. Basically making 2 versions of league. I'm saying that's the easist thing because otherwise riot would have to VGU a large number of champs in short order. These would be very low quality VGUs based on the time riot has and the number of champs needing work. However I'm not sure riot would want to do that.
> [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=00030000000000040000,timestamp=2018-12-14T14:50:18.049+0000) > > While I agree with you, I'm pretty sure riot sold their souls to Tencent specifically so they could have access to the chinese market. IDK if they have the money to get themselves free meaning they'd need to find either a big money investor and hope it's not a leveraged buy out, or they'll have to go begging for a non-chinese AAA developer to buy them. Riot could self-leverage the buyout, but that would require a lot of interest payments. Then we also have to consider that riot is probably making another large scope game, that's going to complicate things because they are going to need money to keep that thing in development. > > The easist thing to do would be to either strip everything offensive out of the chinese version of league and lock down the chat as well as being a snitch for the government, or create a clone of the game just for that market. Basically making 2 versions of league. I'm saying that's the easist thing because otherwise riot would have to VGU a large number of champs in short order. These would be very low quality VGUs based on the time riot has and the number of champs needing work. However I'm not sure riot would want to do that. Unless, they determine what was already mentioned here... that Chinese Government will NEVER be happy with League of Legends and these specific criticisms are a "smokescreen" - they really just want to eliminate online games like LoL that have a tendency to occupy large amounts of the players time, etc... Ironically, a game that has too successful a design, will be culled for that reason. It seems to me that Tencent will know if this is the case.
Sydney26 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-13T17:25:11.992+0000) > > Hey guys, I just heard that China banned a bunch of games like League, paladins, overwatch, fortnite, pubg, etc. for failing to promote chinese ethics. Has anyone one else heard about this? the real reason is china thinks dmg is too high
> [{quoted}](name=Sydney26,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0034,timestamp=2018-12-14T13:10:12.797+0000) > > the real reason is china thinks dmg is too high Hilarious.
: Well..... Nothing we can do about it. Not sure what is there to be discussed.
> [{quoted}](name=UlyssesISR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=002d,timestamp=2018-12-14T06:02:16.370+0000) > > Well..... > > Nothing we can do about it. Not sure what is there to be discussed. Well... we could pray.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Thilmer,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2018-12-14T15:02:25.033+0000) > > You know, China banning League would be the best news ever. > > Two thirds of the stupid changes in game balance during the last few years were made with the sole intention of making the game better for China players, massively screwing the rest of the world. This conspiracy theory is so repeated it's annoying. If Chinese players wanted shorter games, they wouldn't be the largest playerbase of Dota2 by an extreme shot, being already the majority of all Dota2 player worldwide by itself alone. The constant parroted narrative that "Chinese players use internet cafe and want to get 2 games in an hour" also makes no sense, because 1. Chinese players these days use internet cafe primarily to watch pro games live when outside as they already game at home and have _other means_ (elaboration below) which contributed to the near-extinction of internet cafe industry (in China) just a couple years back before its more recent resurgence thanks almost wholly to esport scene, but also that we're looking at the very same demographic that play Dota2 more than anyone else which certainly has an average game time of over 35 min. 2. For Chinese players who wanted to access LoL on the fly, they don't even need to access internet cafe for it (previously touched on a bit) as they already have Mobile Legends, which is both popular in China and is also another IP owned by Tencent; and that the reason why Mobile Legends even exists is to satisfy the more eager and "ADD" part of the playerbase. So if anything, if Tencent were to make League faster and more "accessible", it's a conflict of interest as they already have a product that satisfies that demand and what it does is creating an internal competition which is not good, and makes no sense for them to pull that string. If you have to shoot through this many things to make this theory work. It just means it's a highly unlikely theory. _<Removed>_
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=00360000,timestamp=2018-12-14T15:22:23.072+0000) > > This conspiracy theory is so repeated it&#x27;s annoying. > > If Chinese players wanted shorter games, they wouldn&#x27;t be the largest playerbase of Dota2 by an extreme shot, being already the majority of all Dota2 player worldwide by itself alone. > > The constant parroted narrative that &quot;Chinese players use internet cafe and want to get 2 games in an hour&quot; also makes no sense, because > > 1. Chinese players these days use internet cafe primarily to watch pro games live when outside as they already game at home and have _other means_ (elaboration below) which contributed to the near-extinction of internet cafe industry (in China) just a couple years back before its more recent resurgence thanks almost wholly to esport scene, but also that we&#x27;re looking at the very same demographic that play Dota2 more than anyone else which certainly has an average game time of over 35 min. > 2. For Chinese players who wanted to access LoL on the fly, they don&#x27;t even need to access internet cafe for it (previously touched on a bit) as they already have Mobile Legends, which is both popular in China and is also another IP owned by Tencent; and that the reason why Mobile Legends even exists is to satisfy the more eager and &quot;ADD&quot; part of the playerbase. So if anything, if Tencent were to make League faster and more &quot;accessible&quot;, it&#x27;s a conflict of interest as they already have a product that satisfies that demand and what it does is creating an internal competition which is not good, and makes no sense for them to pull that string. > > If you have to shoot through this many things to make this theory work. It just means it&#x27;s a highly unlikely theory. > > _&lt;Removed&gt;_ "Shorter games to accommodate Chinese players at cybercafes" is a theory. "Shorter games because Tencent directed Riot to get the games down to 24 minutes" is more than a theory. And if they are using Cybercafes to WATCH the pro games, that kind of feeds into the other theory that Riot wants shorter matches for their TV show.
: filed under "needs a rework but lol like they ever will" Hell give her a better dragon interactive passive and that'd even be a little fine. Tank stats, as a passive, and requires taking a specific objective??? One that might not even benefit you since it could be cloud or earth??? Like what is this season 3 lol
> [{quoted}](name=StarGuardianWeeb,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-12-15T08:39:57.369+0000) > > filed under &quot;needs a rework but lol like they ever will&quot; > > Hell give her a better dragon interactive passive and that&#x27;d even be a little fine. Tank stats, as a passive, and requires taking a specific objective??? One that might not even benefit you since it could be cloud or earth??? > Like what is this season 3 lol I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here. Her passive is currently worth ~200g/stack. It really needs to be raised to 300g/stack. In light of recent changes to her AP rations, it would be nice if they just added 5AP to each stack. Alternately, they could give her %5 Tenacity with each stack. And let her stack off of Elder Drakes, just in case anybody ever sees one again...
y0r1ck (NA)
: There's a pretty obvious issue with asking someone to ban something for you. How do you know somebody is planning to ban none? What if someone locks in none in the first second of ban phase? When I'm first pick I ask people to ban stuff for me, but there's no way I know who is going to ban none. So I have to ask before ban phase. When I'm last pick I almost always ask people if they want anything banned. Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't, but I don't lose anything either way. You say 90% of the time people don't respond in time, but is that really a problem to the point where you'll just ban none without asking? It isn't to me.
So, one idea might be to prepare a line of text and keep it on "copy" to paste as soon as soon as one enters champion select. Something to the effect of "if you are planning on not banning anybody, then would you mind please banning xxx?"
Terchio (NA)
: I don't ban because I'm not here to pick my opponents' champions. I'm supposed to work with what they've decided to take against me. I don't expect anybody to follow suit, but I also don't enjoy that playstyle. My enemy should not be forced to pick their second-best (by luck) just because their best isn't favorable for me. I'm supposed to work my way around the pick. I'm supposed to team up and figure a composition to beat it. I don't expect people to enjoy my bans. But it's also not their ban. I can make it their ban, and I used to before the new banning system. However, all I get are teammates who flame the non-banner instead of contributing. It gets old. I'm not that kid who says he ain't playing anymore because I'm facing another Yasuo. My bans reflect that. And finally, bans only contribute to skewed stats nobody can agree on in the first place. You have champions banned in 60%+ games, and expect to get legitimate stats on their health through it. These champions are then balanced around said power vision. It's allowed some of the worst balance choices in the game to happen. Not to say my little non-ban will really turn anybody into a believer, but I'm not inclined to contribute.
> [{quoted}](name=Terchio,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhJujGv0,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-12-15T04:30:07.551+0000) > > I don&#x27;t ban because I&#x27;m not here to pick my opponents&#x27; champions. I&#x27;m supposed to work with what they&#x27;ve decided to take against me. I don&#x27;t expect anybody to follow suit, but I also don&#x27;t enjoy that playstyle. > > My enemy should not be forced to pick their second-best (by luck) just because their best isn&#x27;t favorable for me. I&#x27;m supposed to work my way around the pick. I&#x27;m supposed to team up and figure a composition to beat it. > > I don&#x27;t expect people to enjoy my bans. But it&#x27;s also not their ban. I can make it their ban, and I used to before the new banning system. However, all I get are teammates who flame the non-banner instead of contributing. It gets old. > > I&#x27;m not that kid who says he ain&#x27;t playing anymore because I&#x27;m facing another Yasuo. My bans reflect that. > > And finally, bans only contribute to skewed stats nobody can agree on in the first place. You have champions banned in 60%+ games, and expect to get legitimate stats on their health through it. These champions are then balanced around said power vision. It&#x27;s allowed some of the worst balance choices in the game to happen. Not to say my little non-ban will really turn anybody into a believer, but I&#x27;m not inclined to contribute. Yes, but the bans are there because the opponent who picks second has an advantage. The ban feature helps to minimize this advantage. The ban phase wasn't instituted because some champions should be permabanned - because really, if Riot did their job, then no champion would be permabanned. The ban is there so that you can ban the strongest counterpick to the champion that you intend to play (assuming that you are first). It sounds like the system that you would prefer, would be "blind", or some version of "blind".
: I wish they would just revert seaosn 8 all together... Give us back old masteries and rune pages... and just make old runes 0 BE/RP... Simple...
> [{quoted}](name=Support Position,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qA7smxMr,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-12-15T07:50:00.218+0000) > > I wish they would just revert seaosn 8 all together... Give us back old masteries and rune pages... and just make old runes 0 BE/RP... Simple... Runes Reforged was a mistake.
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWX6v0NTvI Flibitydoo is probably right though. It's to make sockpuppet voting less attractive.
> [{quoted}](name=Sonic132,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=v5whVdlG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-15T06:32:25.367+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWX6v0NTvI > Flibitydoo is probably right though. It&#x27;s to make sockpuppet voting less attractive. Fine. But at whatever point you think that players should be allowed to vote, then that is when they should be allowed to post (or later), but not before. It just doesn't make sense (to me) that one may post but not vote.
: Champions stuck outside the meta
AIQ (NA)
: Brainstorming Shyvana
Anìmê mentioned something recently, that I am going to include here. It's almost a bugfix: EVERY OTHER CHAMPION'S ULTIMATE CONTINUES TO COOLDOWN WHILE THEY ARE DEAD. Logically, they should fix Shyvana Rage so that it continues to charge at resting rate while she is dead.
: I actually noticed this the other day when I got rolled Shyv in an ARAM. There isn't any reason for her ultimate to not charge while she is dead. EVERY OTHER CHAMPION'S ULTIMATE CONTINUES TO COOLDOWN WHILE THEY ARE DEAD.
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LohBcjKE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-14T22:45:03.702+0000) > > I actually noticed this the other day when I got rolled Shyv in an ARAM. There isn&#x27;t any reason for her ultimate to not charge while she is dead. > > EVERY OTHER CHAMPION&#x27;S ULTIMATE CONTINUES TO COOLDOWN WHILE THEY ARE DEAD. Yeah, this is a good idea. Upvoted. It won't even amount to much of a buff. It's practically a bugfix.
wolvius (EUW)
: Yeah good idea everyone have them ask their teammates who to ban when loads of people won't reply or reply so late that it's too late to look for that champ and just random click not to dodge, rip if it's an allies. All this would achieve is anyone who doesn't declare their champ before bans more likely to see theirs banned randomly. Didn't faker for a while ban garen because alphabetically he is the first champion and didn't care who to ban. (Garden autocorreted to harem lol)
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhJujGv0,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-12-14T21:24:34.268+0000) > > Yeah good idea everyone have them ask their teammates who to ban when loads of people won&#x27;t reply or reply so late that it&#x27;s too late to look for that champ and just random click not to dodge, rip if it&#x27;s an allies. > > All this would achieve is anyone who doesn&#x27;t declare their champ before bans more likely to see theirs banned randomly. > Didn&#x27;t faker for a while ban garen because alphabetically he is the first champion and didn&#x27;t care who to ban. > > (Garden autocorreted to harem lol) I thought that he banned Garen as a way of showing off. Nobody is playing Garen in Faker's mmr, usually.
: Riot Dodging Questions
Somebody asks about Shyvana, and especially her passive, literally every week.
Moody P (NA)
: Shyvana has to be the most disappointing champion in the game
Isn't that a quote of hers from somewhere? "I run at people really fast, and then I punch them" ? The late dragons have probably hurt her even more. Nobody said much (and certainly nobody complained) about it, but new Death's Dance is a Shyvana buff. It's just not nearly enough. Somebody posts just about every week asking for some Shyvana buff. There is an open post started by AIQ, looking for some acceptable ways to improve Shyvana. You might want to take a look at that...
: Posting on forums is not the same as holding government office. Voting on forums is not the same as voting for a government official. I'm not a fan of your idea because I believe low level players have valid viewpoints. Especially, the low level players that have no intention of reaching level 30. Those players offer a perspective that no one else will have. They are the only ones that can explain why they are not satisfied with league. AKA constructive criticism. (At least I can hope it is constructive.)
Then you are missing the point of my idea. The actual levels aren't that important. If you think that low-level players are capable of forming valid ideas, then you should logically believe that they are also capable of expressing valid opinions about other people's ideas by voting on them. Let them vote. My main idea was that low-level players should be allowed to vote. (I think that voting is more fundamental than posting.) Frankly, I think that you may be biased. "low-level players that have no intention of reaching level 30" - ?! There's only one such kind of player that I come across, that posts on these boards... (and let those players just run their account for two weeks, come on!) Fine, you want to quibble. - Let them post at level 12 and vote at level 6. (I don't want you to be unhappy or feel left out...)
Rioter Comments
: China banned league???
Riot: Please, grow a spine and take a stand. Let this be your "Boston Tea Party". Enough is enough.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:21:35.145+0000) > > Hey guys, > > Let&#x27;s make sure we leave any political discussions off this thread and focus more on discussing the issue as it relates to League and the other games rather than China&#x27;s political climate. > > {{sticker:poppy-wink}} you're actually trolling, you deleted my comment about them being communist and why they don't want ranked rewards and say it's not about this game or affecting this game?
> [{quoted}](name=Iron IV KogMaw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2018-12-13T20:38:29.027+0000) > > you&#x27;re actually trolling, you deleted my comment about them being communist and why they don&#x27;t want ranked rewards and say it&#x27;s not about this game or affecting this game? Yes, the irony was amusing to me, too.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jinxsterr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-13T17:40:39.415+0000) > > According to Fox News , It&#x27;s true. > > &quot;A number of games, which include major esports titles such as League of Legends (LoL), Overwatch, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), and Fortnite: Battle Royale among others, have reportedly been banned in China after they were found to have violated the country’s social and ethical rules. > > The bans come following the establishment of the Online Ethics Review Committee by the Chinese government earlier this month. The committee was tasked with reviewing online games in order to establish whether they violate the country’s social and ethical rules or not. > > There were 20 popular online games that were reportedly included in the first wave of reviews. Out of that number, 11 were made to take corrective action to address the committee’s concerns. > > LoL is joined by several games developed by Blizzard Entertainment, including Overwatch, Diablo, and World of Warcraft (WoW), among the group of games that needed to take “corrective action.” > > According to a Reddit thread that translated the results of the review process, LoL was banned because it featured “overly revealing female characters” and an “inharmonious chatroom.” > > According to the user who posted the thread, “Inharmonious chat” refers to the perceived lack of effort by publishers to combat toxicity, vulgarity, and politically sensitive speech in chats. > > Overwatch, Diablo, and WoW were all found to have ‘inharmonious’ chat environments as well. Overwatch was also blasted for showing “game visuals [that] promote incorrect values,” while the missions in Diablo’s story mode were found to “include fraud.” > > Nine other games in the list failed the review entirely however and now seem to have been outright banned in China. > > Most of those games are battle royales such as PUBG, Fortnite, H1Z1, and Ring of Elysium. All were banned for featuring “blood and gore.” > > It is interesting to note that Fortnite’s cartoonish visual themes is famously devoid of any blood and gore effects. This may signal that China is not after the violence depicted in these games, but is instead targeting the battle royale genre altogether. > > A hero-centric shooter game similar to Overwatch, Paladins, was also banned for showing “overly revealing female characters, blood and gore, and vulgar content.” > > As with Fortnite, Paladins also lacked explicit displays of blood effects. This is interesting to note in comparison to Overwatch, which features blood effects to some degree, but was only cited for “visuals [that] promote incorrect values.” > > It is still unclear as to what those incorrect values refer to. > > With all that said, several of the games cited on the list are notably far more popular in China than in the West. These were also produced by influential Chinese companies like Tencent and NetEase. > > Tencent, in particular, was hit hard by the review, as the conglomerate holds stakes in PUBG, League of Legends, Paladins, and three other titles in the 20-game list. > > The companies whose games were included in the list have so far been silent on the matter. It is also unclear how the review will affect the esports industry in China, one of the biggest in the world, as several major esports titles were among those made to take corrective actions or facing outright bans.&quot; > -Fox Sports News Asia. Inb4 Riot makes SR 30 minutes long again.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-13T17:45:33.680+0000) > > Inb4 Riot makes SR 30 minutes long again. Amen.
: LoL banned in China?
From your lips to G-d's ears.
Terozu (NA)
: Evelynn is nude.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-14T14:58:16.413+0000) > > Evelynn is nude. Ice Drake Shyvana.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bael the Riser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-14T14:01:19.889+0000) > > _<Removed>_ Are you implying China doesn't use censorship to opress citizens?
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NyXHmKA8,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T14:10:49.287+0000) > > Are you implying China doesn&#x27;t use censorship to opress citizens? That's actually hilarious. (I mean, with the <deleted> "quote".)
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Things your game cannot have in China
If we give them all of that, can we then revert all of these changes designed to make the game shorter? I'd be willing to trade cosmetic content for better game design.
: Ezreal Support - How much higher a standard should players who pick "off-meta" champions be held to?
From past cases of off-meta support bans, and their reversals, or non-reversals... it seems you'll ought to be protected from reproach if you 1) take exhaust and 2) build the gold item to completion first. If you got banned, your best bet for a reversal, based on past cases, would be to take the matter to youtube and get as many clicks as possible. Riot has stated that filling support and then not taking exhaust could be reportable of itself.
Show more

True Garen

Level 84 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion