: Instead, you're trying to make other, completely different 2-dimensional tropes.
> [{quoted}](name=Hellioning,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=sHGIBEhv,comment-id=000600020001,timestamp=2019-02-19T20:37:16.905+0000) > > Instead, you're trying to make other, completely different 2-dimensional tropes. Specifically [these](https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawfulStupid) [two](https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnightTemplar)? Edit: I was discussing it with a friend and he told me something that makes a lot of sense. What if Kayle's biggest flaw isn't that she's evil, but that she has a volatile temper? This would further contrast the two, with Morgana being the calm defensive one and Kayle being the fiery aggressive one.
Numb3rs (NA)
: I'm not blaming the jungler for losing lane...
I'll correct you. SOME junglers are meant to assist lanes, others _are actually_ meant to farm til mid-game. A Shyvana staying in the jungle for 15 minutes isn't all that weird, but a Lee Sin should definitely be ganking all over the place like Bruce Lee on crack.
Eightis (NA)
: Inting and banning a teammates champion should get you banned.
From a neutral player's standpoint (I don't even play Ranked) I'd have to say this would be a bad idea. Frankly, bans are for champions you don't want to see, and sometimes in a matchmade queue that means a champion you don't want to see _on your team_. The most common use of this is banning a new champion shortly after release, not because you think it's OP but because you're worried someone is going to first-time a champion in your Ranked match. If you hover Camille the day of release I would absolutely ban her just so you can't play it because I know perfectly well you will have no idea what you're doing and neither will anyone else on the team. Adding to this are the 'selfish' champions that, while popular, are hell to work with from a team's point of view either due to their strong feast-or-famine mechanics (Riven fits here) or because they practically need a team built around them to do well. These champions tend to eat a lot of teammate-oriented bans because while you might love it and enjoy it and have fun playing it your team will hate you for picking it and wasting a ban is easier than putting up with it for the next 25-30 minutes. Another use, and one definitely used by the more focused elements of the community, would be getting a teammate off a 'bad main.' I'm not meaning a champion they don't like, but one that, having looked up their stats as this type of player likes to do, they play a lot but perform consistently poorly with. If I'm one of these players and I look you up and see you have a 35% win rate on the character you're hovering over 200 ranked games I will give serious thought to banning that champion to force you to a different pick you might have a better win rate with. That's all part of strategy. You don't let the enemy team have good picks, but if needed you also make sure your own team doesn't deliberately take bad picks. This isn't to say that 'spite bans' don't happen (especially if you've annoyed the guy with the ban) but there are plenty of legitimate reasons for this sort of behavior too and in making it punishable you'd cause more problems than you'd solve. If this is consistently happening to you, it might be a better use of your time and energy to figure out why it's happening to you and compensate accordingly.
Rioter Comments
: Too bad they hate each other and the marriage was political... hopefully they change the lore a bit to say they grow fond of each other. Both have sad lore and deserve some happiness.
> [{quoted}](name=Hatless Casual,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=5FW11ad2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-11-26T19:27:56.733+0000) > > Too bad they hate each other and the marriage was political... hopefully they change the lore a bit to say they grow fond of each other. Both have sad lore and deserve some happiness. Their marriage is political, but (in the old lore at least, did I miss something?) they are actually rather fond of each other.
: Why riot's report system is extremely flawed and NEEDS an overhaul.
Paragraphs will make your argument far more intelligible.
: “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain Also I hope one day you can learn to read the whole thing before commenting.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y7vN372R,comment-id=00020000000000000001000000000000000000000001000000000005,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:28:37.128+0000) > > Lol perhaps we should end it here. > > After all I beleive we have provided plenty of entertainment for onlookers. > > See you on the next troll thread we happen to be on at the same time. Cheers. Thanks for the entertainment!
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=BewareTheIdes,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y7vN372R,comment-id=0002000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:15:41.588+0000) > > Ill ask you who the Romanovs are and how do they correlate to WW1? Just give me anything you can think of about the two. I hope I'm plesantly suprised. I fail to see how this has anything at all to do with the situation at hand. The Romanov family - specifically, Nicholas II - was the last of the Russian tsars. The whole family was murdered by the Bolsheviks during the Bolshevik Revolution, removing Russia from WWI. Lenin, Communism, etc. That's all you get. I can't be arsed to type more.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trylobyte,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y7vN372R,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:06:56.139+0000) > > Was that directed at me? Probably, considering that's a thing I do. I do it because if I have a thought after I hit 'Post' then I'll just edit the post instead of making multiple posts. It's cleaner than spamming the thread. I also wasn't talking to you, I was addressing the OP. No mate, it was directed at OP. My bad. I use discussion view, so I don't need to quote my replies, but I can see where the confusion came from.
> [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y7vN372R,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:08:13.190+0000) > > No mate, it was directed at OP. My bad. > > I use discussion view, so I don't need to quote my replies, but I can see where the confusion came from. No probs, I realized that later and deleted the post. I edit my posts a lot and can see where it'd cause confusion in a fast-moving thread. Speaking of edits: > [{quoted}](name=AngelNipata,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y7vN372R,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2016-11-25T19:08:41.580+0000)> > TL;DR: Playing games at lower levels is cancer and I feel bad for you. There is no Riot conspiracy, all the features that you can earn through playing games is Riot's way of trying to keep the toxic players in line by forcing them to consider whether their account is worth more than not being toxic. The interesting thing is that playing low-level matches is such a bad experience because of banned trolls and ranked smurfs leveling accounts back up. Riot's 'value of your time' approach to discouraging bad behavior is very good... when you're dealing with rational people. But it doesn't work so well against people who don't understand that time has value, don't care about their resources, or that they're not entitled to refunds when their own misbehavior gets them removed from the game.
: Goodbye, Beware the Scam
I see you like quotes, so I'll respond in a way you understand. Here's one for your original post: "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - _from Billy Madison_ And here's one for your replies: “Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous author is admirable." - _Voltaire_ If you'd like to have an actual, proper debate I'm up for that, but you seem like the kind to dismiss people with trite memes and misplaced quotes, so I'm not gonna bother.
Divewing (OCE)
: "<Insert X condition here> and I'll afk"
Was playing with two friends of mine the other day, one of whom was a new old player who hadn't touched the game in years and was effectively a newbie. They were ADCing in a bot game. A _bot game_. And our support player started getting snappy with them for not being good. Later threatened to AFK. Later actually did AFK. Only to come back after finding out everyone else in the game (the three of us and the random mid-laner) were all having a good time at their expense and discussing reporting them for AFKing after the game. I'm not sure what they hoped to accomplish with their threat to go AFK for having to support a newbie who was making bad decisions (that's 95% of what supports do anyway, amirite?) but it clearly didn't work out for them.
: I don't get it why only Support have to buy sightstone
The only champions who buy Sightstone and aren't support are junglers with ward-hopping capabilities. And even they don't always do it. Put simply, other roles can't afford to fall 800 gold behind or they won't remain competitive, but supports don't have gold anyway so why not?
: The thing is, it's not jsut about support. I got smack-dab autofilled into Jungle, the one rule I have no effing idea how to play. And I was a big part of the loss of my team in a game I could have possibly carried had I been mid/adc, hell even supp (many mids can supp decently). But the next game I get my choice, some other guy is gonna be forced into a bad role. And then its a lottery which team gets more players with roles closer to their preferences. And to all of you who claim, well learn to play all roles: a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated lane in a given role 1 out of 10 times probably. I have no intention of bringing anything but my most played and most internalized champs and roles in ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=Pr0Meister,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=0082,timestamp=2016-11-24T23:10:00.246+0000) > And to all of you who claim, well learn to play all roles: a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated lane in a given role 1 out of 10 times probably. I have no intention of bringing anything but my most played and most internalized champs and roles in ranked. However, a jack of all trades will beat a dedicated laner 10 out of 10 times that dedicated laner doesn't get their dedicated role. What's better is that being a dedicated laner doesn't mean you have to suck at every other role. You won't be amazing at those roles, but you should know how to play them so you're not foundering helplessly when you don't get them. And, as an added bonus, you'll learn how those other roles work, where they fit in the game, and how their participation or lack thereof makes the game flow. Someone who's never jungled might not understand why the level 4 Warwick isn't ganking because they have no idea Warwick can't gank well before level 6, just as an ADC who has never played support might not understand why their support is behaving strangely until they play that support and learn that support doesn't play how they thought. > [{quoted}](name=Pr0Meister,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=soEJhNrq,comment-id=007c0000,timestamp=2016-11-24T23:13:20.713+0000) > > To think we were living the dream for a short while and no one ever complained about roles in champ select last season. They complained about queue times instead, especially at higher levels of play. Wasn't unusual for League streamers to essentially host gaming variety shows as they played other games while waiting for a 45-minute queue. This was mainly because nobody picked Support or Fill, and to a lesser extent Jungler. The autofill change is there to address this problem.
: Sorry, but I'm not autofilling.
I remember back in the earlier seasons, where one of the most common rules of thumb was 'Until you can play every role adequately, you're not ready for Ranked.' Times have changed, eh?
: I honestly know nothing about Annie's lore. Never even read it. My reply was in the context of Light saying "Blah blah Annie is an orphan too blah blah" to which I replied "Then I would include Annie." with the _Then_ being of note as it hinges my statement on the truth of theirs. That being said if you were just being nice and pointing it out thank you for the clarification. I will edit my post to make a note of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Fondling Gems,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IsUgJ40e,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-11-23T18:16:07.109+0000) > > I honestly know nothing about Annie&#x27;s lore. Never even read it. My reply was in the context of Light saying &quot;Blah blah Annie is an orphan too blah blah&quot; to which I replied &quot;Then I would include Annie.&quot; with the _Then_ being of note as it hinges my statement on the truth of theirs. > > That being said if you were just being nice and pointing it out thank you for the clarification. I will edit my post to make a note of it. Cheers, I was just pointing it out. She's one of the few champions whose parents are mentioned as being alive rather than dead.
: Then I would include Annie*. Since we don't know what champion she is referring to in that line every champion that is an orphan is a possibility. That is why I mentioned Sona. Is it likely? No. Does that mean you can dismiss the possibility? No. *Edit: As Trylobyte mentioned Annie is not an orphan. My reply was simply to the case of light saying she was one, in which situation I would then mention her too.
> [{quoted}](name=Fondling Gems,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=IsUgJ40e,comment-id=00080000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-23T07:00:12.792+0000) > > Then I would include Annie. Since we don&#x27;t know what champion she is referring to in that line every champion that is an orphan is a possibility. That is why I mentioned Sona. Is it likely? No. Does that mean you can dismiss the possibility? No. Annie isn't an orphan. Her parents are warlocks who live outside Noxus after getting exiled.
: Tell me RIGHT NOW why you're not playing Twisted Treeline.
Because I'm not playing League of Legends right now. I was playing it earlier today, but not right now. Right now is Stardew Valley time.
Candoodle (EUW)
: What would your favorite champion ask Santa for Christmas?
{{champion:102}} - A full set of dragon statuettes. Collect all five! {{champion:202}} - A silencer, so he no longer has to be loud. {{champion:25}} - Caitlyn's secret cupcake recipe. {{champion:10}} - Some of Morgana's gingerbread cookies. {{champion:122}} - A framed poster of Gaston signed by his voice actor. {{champion:86}} - Slay Belle Katarina (again). {{champion:55}} - [Unprepared Garen](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/EsVELEHf-unprepared-garen-riot-pls-ultimate-skin-concept).
Crett (NA)
: Whenever Riot comes out with a new champ I die a little inside
% health damage became more and more common following the death of resistance-based tanking. Remember the days a tank with 2000 HP at the end game could still be nearly indestructible? I do. But with the gradual progression of the game resists became less meaningful with the rise of % resist pen, and this was combined with the removal of several MR-granting items and the pinnacle of high-damage physical bruisers like Jarvan, Irelia, Darius, and Riven. Suddenly the best way for a tank to protect themselves became 'Ignore resists, stack as much HP as possible.' And tanks had it easy because Armor and Health were and are typically found on the same items, so even if the armor didn't do a whole lot it still helped. Thus came the supertanks with their massive amounts of health and armor. % health damage was made to partially counter this tendency. Since the massive penetration still hasn't really gone anywhere (Hi Yasuo) building a ton of HP is still the best option for tanks and so % health damage is still with us.
: You people are so dishonest that it's disgusting. Here's her whole section on weaknesses instead of just the part you cherrypicked. >Like other champs that demand razor-sharp ability executions, Camille is noticeably less effective in the hands of an unpracticed player. Aside from her basic mechanical demands, most teamfights require you to be particularly creative with your approach—you've got to Hookshot in at the right moment (when enemy CC is down), preferably from an unexpected angle. The Steel Shadow isn't very effective as an initiator, unless she's using her ult to hold down a lone target while her team catches up. >Since Camille's shield is specifically based off of her opponent's damage type, it's far less effective in teamfights than it might otherwise be in a one-on-one duel. Locking down that exposed AD carry likely won't be enough when a fed Syndra comes storming in. AOE champs in general are tough for the Steel Shadow: she'll want to slip past enemy abilities entirely, not muscle through a wall of explosions.
> [{quoted}](name=DunkinNoobs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cP9cLIsn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-11-22T03:19:29.320+0000) > > You people are so dishonest that it&#x27;s disgusting. Here&#x27;s her whole section on weaknesses instead of just the part you cherrypicked. So her weaknesses are that she's hard to play, hates hard CC, and gets blown up when focused by multiple people? Those latter two are true of more or less everybody to varying extents, so I wouldn't call them weaknesses so much as truths of League. Her main weaknesses, as I read it, are that she's combo-reliant (which experienced players can handle) and that she has a hard time getting to her target (which, again, experienced players can handle). We'll have to see how her numbers and builds play out before calling her OP, but the potential is there.
: NEW CHAMP COMIC: Camille: Severed Ties
Camille is what {{champion:25}} thinks {{champion:10}} is, so far as personality goes. I wonder if the latter will have any special interactions with Camille given their similar views on law and order but widely differing views on justice.
: [Game] Invent a totally "useless" Superpower!
**You have the power to...** Instantly determine the age and gender of any housecat. Derive nutrition from eating toner from copy machines. Read the minds of deep-sea sponges. Control insects, but only one at a time. Translate the sounds cats make into interpretive dance.
: I mean, send your clone to work everyday and you can just never worry about work again.
> [{quoted}](name=FeBeast,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Mszffrh7,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-05-24T12:17:30.962+0000) > > I mean, send your clone to work everyday and you can just never worry about work again. Then your clone explodes in a shower of knives and kills Gary from Marketing. Whoops! {{champion:10}} has an extremely versatile powerset I wouldn't mind having. I could blast stuff with magical energy with unerring accuracy - No more of those 'the spider moves a millisecond before I hit it with the newspaper' games. Instead it's just BOOM! Taste my wrath! I could even get the ones that hang on the ceiling just out of reach. Also, I could heal myself whenever I get hurt, or simply make myself move faster. Do you know how useful it would be to be able to just be able to walk and run faster? Not to mention the fact you'd essentially never get sick or hurt yourself. Everything's just a heal away! Setting handheld objects on fire would be awesome, especially if it doesn't damage the object. Great party trick, but not really that useful. Still, you can light a cigarette from across the bar with a swing of your iPhone, or start up a charcoal BBQ from across the yard. I'm sure I could terrify people and impress children with it though. And invulnerability? A great clutch tool to have in any situation. It's not going to be useful that often, but when it is, man, you're glad you have it. Car accident? No problem. Mugger's knife? Bounces right off. Gunman? Put my bubble up then beat him down from 500 feet with a flaming water bottle. it's be awesome, and the news media would be so confused. I could live with that.
: People on League are sensitive bro.. generally because the game attracts a younger crowd.
> [{quoted}](name=Red Rengo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7B4KywRB,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-05-24T12:03:24.681+0000) > > People on League are sensitive bro.. generally because the game attracts a younger crowd. Also, ironically, the reason it's so toxic.
: Summoner Profile (Frequently Played: "Random")
This is because any ARAM game counts as a 'Random' pick.
: your favorite champion is now thrust into a DEATH BATTLE!!!
Have a few. No consideration is given to fairness. Since some people get touchy about this sort of thing: Spoiler for 'Life is Strange' ahead. {{champion:102}} vs. Dragon Knight (DOTA2) - People won't bet on who wins, but on who asks who on a date. {{champion:33}} vs. Sonic the Hedgehog - Spinny balls of pain, go! {{champion:111}} vs. Big Daddy (BioShock) - Big armored guys in diving suits who hardly remember anything. {{champion:101}} vs. Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy 6) - Power-mad spellcasters who see themselves as gods of magic. {{champion:202}} vs. Mark Jefferson (Life is Strange) - Psychopathic serial killers who see murder as art. {{champion:29}} vs. Splinter (TMNT) - Evil mutant sewer-dwelling rat vs. good mutant sewer-dwelling rat. {{champion:163}} vs. Toph (Avatar) - Surprised this one wasn't said yet. {{champion:91}} vs. Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed 2) - They're essentially the same person.
: Don't even read the whole thing... Just down vote, this needs the most down votes in history
> [{quoted}](name=Epic rekit,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=6KxEYNa5,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-05-20T12:53:09.987+0000) > > Also to get yal triggered, Tyler1 deserved ban and shouldn&amp;#039;t be able to play league ever again Most people agree with this.
: How many Twizzlers could fit in Taliyah's nose/nostrils?
Rioter Comments
: @Meddler Garen
I *think* he's saying that Garen's passive doesn't make sense for his role. I'm inclined to disagree, being one of the old Garen players that jumps in, spins, kills someone with my R, then spins back out to hide in a bush for a while and recover all my health because Garen. Aha. He also doesn't think it's very useful. Again, Garen's not made to stand in a fight forever. he's almost a hit and run type. If he's main tanking, he's going to use his W and rely onthe large amount of health, armor, and MR he's probably built. But even then his passive is useful, since if your team disengages at all and Garen stays out of trouble he's going to have more health for the next fight and won't have to back for it.
TBakes (NA)
: I have really liked Jhin too. I like to fit him into a game here or there to try a different ADC. His theatrics definitely affect my in-game experience!
> [{quoted}](name=TBakes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yq14tsEz,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-05-20T11:43:02.721+0000) > > I have really liked Jhin too. I like to fit him into a game here or there to try a different ADC. His theatrics definitely affect my in-game experience! Jhin's one of my favorites to play too. I share his perfectionism (though thankfully in a different way) and his love of theatrics, so it's natural that I almost always have a good time playing that maniac. You're right about his lore and his mannerisms having an effect on gameplay, too - I'm always a lot more obsessive about getting the details right when I play Jhin. Get every creep, land every skillshot, let no enemy champion escape, lest the performance not be perfect. All the better if I kill that champion in four shots.
Geropac (NA)
: Riot has ~50mil players they're looking at for stats...
Fun fact: If only 5% of the playerbase is toxic, the average 5v5 has a 40% chance of having a toxic player in the game.
MasterAK (NA)
: This is exactly what I mean. You reply to civilized attempts to state one's opinion with "Wot?" and "another piece of BS". As I stated in my own comment, I cannot tell if you are attempting to troll or not. At this point, I believe you are and thus, attempting to reason with you any further would be a waste of both my and your time. Besides, you could be playing Hero League and I could be playing Ranked right now instead of arguing like immature children on the forums.
The problem with trying to determine if anyone on these boards is trolling or not is the fact so many of them _aren't_. [Poe's Law at work.](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law)
: "Just so you stop hiding behind a dictionary like a ten-year-old pedant..." Ghe ghe decent piece of BS, you had amused me, f*cktard. And then you say that getting stuck in lane is maneuvering? I think you clearly know better, i am humbled...
> [{quoted}](name=paShadoWn,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=YvFqlayg,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-19T17:40:27.597+0000) > > &quot;Just so you stop hiding behind a dictionary like a ten-year-old pedant...&quot; Ghe ghe decent piece of BS, you had amused me, f*cktard. > > And then you say that getting stuck in lane is maneuvering? I think you clearly know better, i am humbled... As much as I don't usually drag rank into things... you're a Bronze who mains Warwick Jungle. No wonder you have no idea what I'm talking about, you seem to have done as much as possible to avoid contact with League's tactical decision-making. So, to sum up this whole thread... > [{quoted}](name=Adalore,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=YvFqlayg,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-05-19T17:41:42.429+0000) > > These threads are always a bit frustrating, because I know the main intent is not debate but of adding to the already indistinct pathos of self security in liking a different game. Couldn't have said it better myself. That or he's just trolling and finds this the pinnacle of entertainment. Pitiable, either way.
: Just went on Webster, just in case, yep, i know the definitions right and they apply. Fact is, HotS haves more objective nodes than LoL, with more interactions, and thus by definition it is more tactically complicated. Can you please kindly consider to stop spewing ignorance?
> [{quoted}](name=paShadoWn,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=YvFqlayg,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-19T17:20:35.914+0000) > > Just went on Webster, just in case, yep, i know the definitions right and they apply. Fact is, HotS haves more objective nodes than LoL, with more interactions, and thus by definition it is more tactically complicated. Can you please kindly consider to stop spewing ignorance? Just so you stop hiding behind a dictionary like a ten-year-old pedant... _Definition of tactics_ _1_ _a : the science and art of disposing and maneuvering forces in combat_ _b : the art or skill of employing available means to accomplish an end_ See, the problem is that you equate tactics solely with objectives. League is a far more tactical game because there are far more interactions between champions, depending on their runes, masteries, spells, item builds, synergies, etc. The entire laning phase in League. for example, is one grand tactical exercise in trying to either force your opponent out of lane to deny them XP (which you can't do in HotS) or kill them to get gold (again, doesn't matter that much in HotS) while not being cut off from gold yourself. All the positioning games, the harassment, poke, skillshots, items bought and in what order, they're all tactics that emerge just in the first part of the game. And that's saying nothing about dragon fights, contested buffs, or the game-throw-magnet that is Baron. And on a larger scale, all of these smaller tactical decisions culminate in trying to take down the enemy nexus... which is entirely possible to do even when you're far behind if you mind-game the enemy.
: Leave this game its dead.
Studies reported on today by the International Journal for Advanced Mathematical Studies report that an unbelievable 94% of statistics in use today are either misquoted to further a point or outright fabricated. [Source.](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Trollface.png)
Duke Anax (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=elduris,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=04bepgQk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-18T21:50:05.089+0000) > The /remake command isn&#x27;t punishing to anyone. The worst thing that would happen is you lose out on playing a favorable 5v4 or use up a couple minutes of your time starting a game that gets remade. If that were the case I wouldn't be complaining here. You are an Arbiter, you should make sure you know what you are talking about before posting. The article on /remake clearly states that the one player missing gets punished with a Loss and a Leave > No. You cannot account for every single possible series of actions that might cause a program to crash. You cannot account for every single other piece of software on the market. A software crash is not always the programmers fault, it&#x27;s more often than not the end user&#x27;s fault. A system crash may often be the users fault, but not a software crash. You are right, you can't account for every possible series of actions or software, but you don't have to, you only need to make sure that your code does what it is supposed to. There are only so many inputs your function can get and only so many outputs your calls can return. And you can account for every single one of them and you should. Far more time is wasted on conctantly correcting errors than would be used for avoiding them in the first place. > If you get LeaverBuster warnings frequently, work on resolving your crashing issues before jumping back onto the Rift. For the Record: I never got a LeaverBuster warning, but I'm worried people will without a fault of their own. Everything on my end works fine except the LoL loading screen. If everything else keeps working fine and one specific piece keeps failing, I'm inclined to think that specific piece is broken.
> [{quoted}](name=Duke Anax,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=04bepgQk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-05-19T11:54:18.922+0000) > > A system crash may often be the users fault, but not a software crash. You are right, you can&#x27;t account for every possible series of actions or software, but you don&#x27;t have to, you only need to make sure that your code does what it is supposed to. > > There are only so many inputs your function can get and only so many outputs your calls can return. And you can account for every single one of them and you should. Far more time is wasted on conctantly correcting errors than would be used for avoiding them in the first place. If you are a programmer, you're not a very good one if you have that attitude. If Fallout 4 crashes because I haven't updated my graphics drivers in two years, whose fault is that? Bethesda's? NVidia's? AMD's? No, it's mine, because I as the end user did not do something I should have. If League crashes on me while I'm also downloading three games on Steam, running a virus scan, rendering high-quality artwork in Photoshop, compiling source code, and listening to an hour-long YouTube video, is that Riot's fault for poor programming or my fault because I'm doing so much my computer is having a seizure? There are times where crashes are the programmer's fault. But much more likely is that it's either nobody's fault (the crash is caused by some interaction that could not have been predicted) or the end-user's fault (because they're doing something stupid).
Ereiser00 (EUW)
: Known as the killer kitty, hated by squishies, I've something important to tell you about Rengo...
: can you send me a link saying anything of this? that I dont own anything thats on my pc. I obviously do, you might as well buy a damn box and write your name on it but guess what you cant do that cause riot made it and u dont even own it even tho you bought it, now you might say thats not true cause you didnt buy the game, I did but the price was 0 and it was their choice not mine to sell it for that much. What you might be trying to say is that I dont actually own them as in being able to sell shit from the game or stuff like that and yes thats obviously true but i can do anything I want with the files if it affects me only, also shit like saying thats only going to cost riot the money u were going to give them, the people that use custom skins were never going to buy skins in the first place, its the same thing like piracy, very stupid and only money hungry idiots like riot would say stuff like that
> [{quoted}](name=9 inches of love,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m5kFadc5,comment-id=000000000001000100000000,timestamp=2016-05-19T12:55:41.862+0000) > > can you send me a link saying anything of this? that I dont own anything thats on my pc. I obviously do, you might as well buy a damn box and write your name on it but guess what you cant do that cause riot made it and u dont even own it even tho you bought it, now you might say thats not true cause you didnt buy the game, I did but the price was 0 and it was their choice not mine to sell it for that much. > What you might be trying to say is that I dont actually own them as in being able to sell shit from the game or stuff like that and yes thats obviously true but i can do anything I want with the files if it affects me only, also shit like saying thats only going to cost riot the money u were going to give them, the people that use custom skins were never going to buy skins in the first place, its the same thing like piracy, very stupid and only money hungry idiots like riot would say stuff like that Just for educational purposes. You don't 'own' software anymore. We moved out of that in the last decade. It's more of a perpetual lease these days, a lot like a car. It's in your garage, you drive it every day, but it's technically still the dealer's and if you don't abide by the contract you signed (which may prevent you doing things like modifying it) they're within their rights to revoke your access to it.
: Account has been permanently suspended (Probably a glitch in the system)
[This might interest you.](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/tX2h82vd-riot-what-the-hell-is-going-on?comment=0007)
: That would moreso make it easier for them to run over you than for you to run over them. There are times where the bots CAN do some nice things(mainly when they're grouped up on one person). This is my experience from setting up custom games to test builds and whatnot.
> [{quoted}](name=Atrushan2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1MjB9uBe,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-05-19T02:34:26.210+0000) > > That would moreso make it easier for them to run over you than for you to run over them. There are times where the bots CAN do some nice things(mainly when they&#x27;re grouped up on one person). This is my experience from setting up custom games to test builds and whatnot. Bot ganks can be pretty terrifying. I've watched three of them annihilate a diamond ADC, who was just as surprised as we were. Their CC timing is immaculate, their aim is exceptional, and if the game goes long enough (or someone feeds them a lot) they do a surprising amount of damage. They fail at every level strategically and tactically, because they're bots, but mechanically they're surprisingly capable and when you run into a group of them they can do things that surprise you. They show other clever behaviors at times, too - Buy a Sunfire Cape and try to push a tower, half the time one will walk up to you, proc the cape once, then back up and let you eat tower shots. Most people don't remember Doom Bots, where bots had all the advantages and the average League player *couldn't* fight them. They had to resort to split-pushing to win.
: they honestly don't need them. the only players who SHOULD be playing vs bots are the newest of players getting used to the game before they dive into PVP. those players are usually sub level 18 (keystone levels) so giving bots a keystone would actually put truly new players at a disadvantage. players who are experienced enough to be level 18 probably aren't playing vs bots anymore. and those that are will stomp them keystone or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Chuck Charles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1MjB9uBe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-19T00:31:27.886+0000) > > they honestly don&#x27;t need them. the only players who SHOULD be playing vs bots are the newest of players getting used to the game before they dive into PVP. those players are usually sub level 18 (keystone levels) so giving bots a keystone would actually put truly new players at a disadvantage. > > players who are experienced enough to be level 18 probably aren&#x27;t playing vs bots anymore. and those that are will stomp them keystone or not. You'd be surprised how many people play bots, either for the 'first win' bonus or just because it's a mode where you're extremely unlikely to encounter ragers, trolls, AFKs, or the bad kind of tryhards (you know the type). Though you do encounter more bots (the XP farming type). Good for relaxing after a stressful game/day. Wouldn't mind seeing the bots get some touch-ups to make them a bit harder. Also wouldn't mind Doom Bots, but there's a lot of scripting involved with that.
: Third day of perma ban, no response from Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Dominick Destine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oob5BLxv,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2016-05-18T16:35:59.586+0000) > > Third day of perma ban, no response from Riot. Responses are not instantaneous. Give 'em time. They might have to actually go into the system to find out why your account got banned themselves, and that's going to require elevation through multiple people and probably more than one department (especially if it's something like 'your account was hacked and it was banned pre-emptively' or 'there was a chargeback'). Also worth noting is that your saying you're going to play someone else's account in the meantime (even if they don't use it) is not going to make Riot the least bit sympathetic, since you're knowingly violating the terms of service by doing so.
: So you say League of Legends isn't losing players
I seem to remember one of Riot's reports actually mentioning their playercount had dropped from ~65m/month to ~60m/month, but I don't remember when the report was (last year maybe?). It's also possible that their playercount is shifting demographics, perhaps declining in NA but increasing in China - This would look like a decline to us NA folks but wouldn't be a decline in global playercount. Just because the company isn't publicly releasing numbers doesn't mean those numbers are bad, though. It might simply mean they don't feel like releasing them. Maybe they feel they don't have anything to prove. Maybe they don't want to pay employees to gather the data and publish it in a releasable form. Maybe they really are bad. Who knows?
kolpy99 (NA)
: I have a feeling that in one week from today LoL will lose a LOT of players
Overwatch is really targeting TF2, CS:GO, and COD more than League. Those are the games that should be worried.
Mhija (NA)
: Lucian vs Thresh: WHO WOULD WIN?
Thresh beat Lucian and Senna in the distant past, but their most recent fight, it was Lucian and Senna who sent Thresh packing. I think they're perfectly capable of doing so again. It's not like Senna's going to stop helping Lucian.
: LB's gameplay is poorly related to her lore
She deceives you into thinking she'll play like a trickster or deceiver when in reality she just blows people up. That's right. She's so good at deception she fools YOU, the player.
: Why do so many people feel like they "Gotta make plays!"
If people are behind, they think 'big plays' are the only way to make a comeback and get back in the game. The idea of the 'desperation play' is well-rooted even in professional play. Often all this achieves is either dragging the game out another few minutes (if successful) or ending it right then and there (if not). If people are ahead, though, it's often because they've gotten overconfident and think they can get away with doing something chancy. They're aware of the risk vs. reward, but they undersell the 'risk' half of the equation. They wind up going and trying to 1v5 the enemy team, solo Baron, or split push when they shouldn't. Others think that because they're so far ahead there's no way they can lose, so they start screwing around and making mistakes because what does it matter? They all too often find out.
Sfa00062 (NA)
: Automated scripts in Co-op vs AI
You still see these guys at level 30 too. They usually have weird-looking names, have Ghost and Heal and no masteries, instalock a free week champ, then feed relentlessly. Some buy items, some don't, some have scripted lines in chat, some don't, but they're all obviously bots and it's annoying to deal with them. I report them when I see them but there's always more. Most amusingly, I once had an obvious bot disconnect, then reconnect and start talking - The player controlling the bot had shut the game down, turned off the bot script, and logged back in to try and avoid getting reported because he saw us talking in chat about it.
: So, Fiddles fear and rammus taunt were nerfed years ago...
Her 'AFK snare' is really the only means she has to do damage on her own though, because her W needs a lot of ticks to do anything more than tickle and most people can run/dash/flash out of her ult (or, if enough people are around, just kill her). The snare is what keeps her from being a Black Shield bot, for better or worse, and is definitely the only reason she survives outside of the support role. Is it annoying? Yes. Is it impossible to play around? No. It's a big skillshot, yes, but it's also slow-moving which gives you plenty of time to get out of its way. What it does do well is counter people who are dashing/leaping/running directly at her.
Show more

Trylobyte

Level 34 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion