Adea55 (NA)
: don't they tho ?
Muting isn't that great of a solution. They can easily post it in the end game lobby.
: I mean, just don’t take Ivern’s camps?
The problem is if he counter jungles but doesn't take the camp. It raises the difficulty for the other jungle at little cost to Ivern.
: >The Little Legends do nothing for the game itself, and are purely just for looks. They are merely just companions and don't do anything besides be expressive on the screen. Something like this should have an option to buy with Blue Essence in game loot as well, so the fact they cost purely only RP (Riot Points), is nothing but absurd despicable greed! would you prefer that they have an effect on gameplay AND cost RP? Cause uh, that's a terrible idea. ---- Companies: *release a free game* Players: *download and play that game* Companies: *monetize cosmetic items to be able to make a profit off of that game* Players: *shocked pikachu face*
: Lee sin voice change do to Vic Mignogna?
That "HIku" hurt me... It honestly sounds like some white guy pretending to know kung-fu and just saying the most asian sounding stuff he can.
: What's the point of PBE if you guys don't fix a "strategy" gamemode that relies a lot on RNG?
PBE is about testing whether it works. Balancing is not a priority.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wild Geese,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8rLQB9pJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-24T05:14:42.656+0000) > > Although you can create the account with honor 3, the account stays even if you drop honor, are suspended, or banned. It's a seperate account. Yeah which is strange given its supposed to be a privilege Given their servers can't handle the people trying to play though I have a feeling they just don't give a fuck about PBE as much as they should. People on it regularly have no priority and this includes people who typically are reporting bugs frame 1 and Riot often doesn't fix them and lets them into live even with weeks of notice.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8rLQB9pJ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-24T06:36:55.640+0000) > > Yeah which is strange given its supposed to be a privilege > > Given their servers can't handle the people trying to play though I have a feeling they just don't give a fuck about PBE as much as they should. People on it regularly have no priority and this includes people who typically are reporting bugs frame 1 and Riot often doesn't fix them and lets them into live even with weeks of notice. I would argue it really isn't much of a privilege anymore since they changed how you can get an account. It used to be that you applied and hoped you would be lucky enough to gain access. Everything that happened on that account was also tied to the main account and required you to be in good stand, meaning no suspensions or punishments in the last year. It was then changed to what it is now. Kinda sad that they can let anyone in now.
EATARI (NA)
: Wait, Crit is the real evil! But actually, it’s a disgusting stat that should just be replaced by a flat attack damage increase rather than a damage increase chance. I’d rather 50% crit make my autos do 1.5x damage rather than 2x damage half the time.
Crit is psuedo-random. If you have 50% crit chance and crit, it reduces your actual crit chance. This makes it so that if you have 50% crit throughout the whole game, you will have 50% of your attacks crit
: > [{quoted}](name=Dr Endeavor,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uA0MG51t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-14T20:10:25.368+0000) > > Ok, they hate him... and? Why do they hate him? What has your statement proven? That they don't like that he is a supprt that roams? I do not understand why he deserved anything bad. He hasnt broken any rules and has helped his team succeed in multiple games. "Hopefully this doesnt get buried down but its Moe(Yassuo) and i see how easy it is to pile on the NB3 hate here but this is more what the “roaming” teemo support is, its more so trolling teemo support https://www.twitch.tv/videos/437116265?t=08m26s linked a vod of mine from a few days ago, he picks teemo and sits mid and just ruins a game on repeat, has happened to me/nb3/forestwithin and others he basically does jt for attention and spams his twitch link( i have him blocked) but yeah thats my 2 cents". There are others commenting, but he's the most notable one i've found so far
> [{quoted}](name=Spicy Rice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uA0MG51t,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T20:13:14.011+0000) > > "Hopefully this doesnt get buried down but its Moe(Yassuo) and i see how easy it is to pile on the NB3 hate here but this is more what the “roaming” teemo support is, its more so trolling teemo support https://www.twitch.tv/videos/437116265?t=08m26s linked a vod of mine from a few days ago, he picks teemo and sits mid and just ruins a game on repeat, has happened to me/nb3/forestwithin and others he basically does jt for attention and spams his twitch link( i have him blocked) but yeah thats my 2 cents". > > There are others commenting, but he's the most notable one i've found so far This should be part of your original post, not down here in the discussion.
: Can I Allow My Friend To Go On My Account To Open The Lootboxes?
No, they want you to gamble, that is the point of lootboxes.
Xavanic (NA)
: any fighter wins vs a jugguarnaut....this is not news to me
: uh, this is not a gender-based discussion. Jhin is a very high-class and artsy person. Go figure a galaxy version of him would borderline maximize elegance. Jhin doesn't care for masculinity or femininity and therefore his artists don't do so either. That is one reason why Jhin skins are always a successful masterpiece. The Artists bring to life what he embodies most. Elegance and brutality in a perfect mixture. There is nothing, not a single sub-atomic speck of any gender-based stereotypes present within Jhin that were intentional or aimed for. I repeat: jhin's Posture, statture and attitude were all meant to represent god-complex levels of high class and elegance. Jhin is a **FANCY** person, so he will pose Fancily for the camera. Thats an over the top artistic absorption, not a gender neutral identification. The fact someone is trying to turn this into a gender discussion is raising a MASSIVE red flag. And as far as I am aware, this post should be in Story, Art & Sound.
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ikYntiz2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-14T04:35:18.180+0000) > > uh, this is not a gender-based discussion. Jhin is a very high-class and artsy person. Go figure a galaxy version of him would borderline maximize elegance. Jhin doesn't care for masculinity or femininity and therefore his artists don't do so either. That is one reason why Jhin skins are always a successful masterpiece. The Artists bring to life what he embodies most. Elegance and brutality in a perfect mixture. There is nothing, not a single sub-atomic speck of any gender-based stereotypes present within Jhin that were intentional or aimed for. > > I repeat: jhin's Posture, statture and attitude were all meant to represent god-complex levels of high class and elegance. Jhin is a **FANCY** person, so he will pose Fancily for the camera. Thats an over the top artistic absorption, not a gender neutral identification. > > The fact someone is trying to turn this into a gender discussion is raising a MASSIVE red flag. > And as far as I am aware, this post should be in Story, Art & Sound. Thank you for bringing to words something that I could not. It's just so weird that someone would even try to bring gender and sex beyond what it is for Jhin.
: Riot: “we’re not sexist, we value all genders the same! We are misunderstood small indie company”
The reason I believe Riot never really makes "sexy" male champs is because no one will play them with that in mind. With attractive female champions however, everyone will play them, male and female alike. Illaoi is a women yet is played on the basis of her kit alone while with attractive female champions it is usually a mix.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=00060000000200000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-09T05:58:48.812+0000) > > No, her W does not body block it, that is just blatantly false. It prioritizes units first. If no minion or champion is struck before its travel ends, it will land in the smoke, even if travels beyond the smoke, making it more reliable. Killing a unit while it is in shroud will mark the shroud still, making it even better still. > > It is not more telegraphed, they have the same .25s cast animation. I've had trouble trying to find the speed of the projectile itself for Akali but Lee's is 1750, slower than Ezreal Q (2k). The only thing better about Lee's Q over Akali E is the range, which is double of Akali's, however I would argue it's necessary as a jungler in comparison to primarily mid laner. > > It cannot be argued that she has no mobility with her E and R. Factor in her unpopular W and you have a very safe champion. It can be argued she is immobile.... because she literally is. Youre not going to press R to try and move from lane to lane, You arent even going to use it to skirt around a fight. Its the majority of your burst damage, so you need R2 strictly for execution, her E is almost never going to actually land on a target, and your W and energy force you to sit in one spot to wait on your CDs and energy to refill. Her W goes against mobility.
Using an ability to move from lane to lane is not an argument, a massive majority of champs are not going to use their mobility lane to lane. They use it in lane to move in or escape. Akali E can do both. Saying her E is never going to land on target is silly, it lands enough.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=000600000002000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-08T15:12:59.761+0000) > > That is like saying Lee Sin has near 0 mobility. His Q acts the same but without the initial jump back and is a skillshot. His W relies on wards or allies. > > We can argue and agree that Lee Sin clearly has mobility but you have to admit that Akali's E is a slightly better version of Lee's Q, if not more so since it procs her passive. Lee Q is faster and less telegraphed, and easier to land. Akali E isnt reliable, and her own defensive ability body blocks it.
No, her W does not body block it, that is just blatantly false. It prioritizes units first. If no minion or champion is struck before its travel ends, it will land in the smoke, even if travels beyond the smoke, making it more reliable. Killing a unit while it is in shroud will mark the shroud still, making it even better still. It is not more telegraphed, they have the same .25s cast animation. I've had trouble trying to find the speed of the projectile itself for Akali but Lee's is 1750, slower than Ezreal Q (2k). The only thing better about Lee's Q over Akali E is the range, which is double of Akali's, however I would argue it's necessary as a jungler in comparison to primarily mid laner. It cannot be argued that she has no mobility with her E and R. Factor in her unpopular W and you have a very safe champion.
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Livin like Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1GNqHu2A,comment-id=0006000000020000,timestamp=2019-06-08T03:11:44.336+0000) > > Her E is still 2 dashes she can use to weave in and out of a fight, making her hard to pin down due to the mobility. W gives movespeed, which, like it or not, is mobility. Her ult gives her two dashes and yes, it's an ult, so it's not always up, but most assassins play around their ults. Another thing is that her passive gives her movespeed. So the only skill that doesn't directly give her some form of dashing or movespeed boost is her Q, which slows (giving her the passive movespeed, by the way) and you're saying she's not mobile. You feelin' alright? Her E is near 0 mobility. It relies entirely on a skillshot, and the jump back on first cast is not enough to save her or reposition usefully in almost all scenarios. W is not mobility, given its a confined area. Her ult is not useful general mobility. She is not going to rotate around the map using her ult. She is extremely immobile for an assassin. Kassadin, Leblanc, Talon, Rengar, Kha. All of these champions and more have far superior target access for assassins. Akalis only real mobility is a short dash on her ult. Her shroud even restricts her movement by forcing her to stay in a small area else she becomes an easy kill. Hell, her burst is extremely delayed as well, being almost entirely unable to straight up kill a target in an immediate rotation due to how her R2 and passive work.
That is like saying Lee Sin has near 0 mobility. His Q acts the same but without the initial jump back and is a skillshot. His W relies on wards or allies. We can argue and agree that Lee Sin clearly has mobility but you have to admit that Akali's E is a slightly better version of Lee's Q, if not more so since it procs her passive.
: to be fair i never heard that someone went to prison out of being doxxed for a death threat if there were cases like that i'd like to hear about them you have to consider that what someone sent you might be from the other side of the planet so your legal complaints might not even be realistic
It's because things like this have happened in the past, tracking an IP and killing someone. The reason why it is considered a federal crime is simply because the Net is considered public domain.
DeusVult (NA)
: Morde is going to have 69 AD at level 1
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-27T02:52:48.114+0000) > > Their approach to exclusivity is ridiculous because it only applies to PC. I'll use Exodus again as an example. A simple google search states it is available for "PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows". While this information is correct, it doesn't fully pertain to Windows simply because it requires the use of another store. > > People aren't against other stores. Battle.net, origin, uplay, microsoft store, GoG, etc. No one has complaints about these stores even though some have exclusives. Epic is throwing their fortnite money around and it's leaving a bad taste. I'll state again that it's not really an exclusive, it's a timed-exclusive, and that you admit the information is correct. The only people with a bad taste are people who refuse to take 2 minutes to install the Epic Store. I did it and got Transistor for free. People feel they have the right to play whatever game they want on whatever launcher they choose which is laughable. > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00050001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-27T04:34:26.951+0000) > > If they NEEDED them, yes. But they don't. Why don't PCs need exclusives, but consoles do? (Let's ignore that there are already lots of PC-exclusive games.)
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-28T13:48:16.684+0000) > > I'll state again that it's not really an exclusive, it's a timed-exclusive, and that you admit the information is correct. The only people with a bad taste are people who refuse to take 2 minutes to install the Epic Store. I did it and got Transistor for free. People feel they have the right to play whatever game they want on whatever launcher they choose which is laughable. We have a right to choose, let's put it that way. AeroWaffle put it very well, but I'll summarize it regardless: Consoles get exclusive because they are their own hardware and owned by a company. A PC is, even with brands, very free and open by comparison. I would also like to add exclusives are generally not a bad thing, even on PC. The bad taste everyone has towards the EGS is the fact that they buy big names and then tout how much they are improving the free market and giving consumers a choice. The choice they are giving is "Now at full price on this platform that most don't like vs. later on this platform everyone likes at a possibly cheaper price a year/6 months down the line." For people who want the game ASAP, they have no option. Let's say there is a lemonade store. They offer a variety to choose from in varying quality and and price. This store also provides user reviews and is highly reputable with many large name brands and has an improving customer experience. They give you a cup along with it and track how well you like it and recommend others you may like. If you happen to not like something you are welcome to return it at full price as long as you haven't consumed too much of it. Another store opens up next door. The walk is no further to go to one or the other. This new store has started giving some of these larger brands a bigger cut and a flat amount to have them sell in their store only. This store is known to not have a very good user experience and still sells everything at the same price as the previous store. Sure, the lemonades they have released may be good but you need to bring your own cup. If you don't like something you are stuck with it. You only know what to pick based upon the name brand but have no idea if what they offer are actually worthwhile and you require going to another area outside to look at reviews. In time these big names will return to the previous store but for now if you want the quality stuff you have no choice but to go to the new store. Besides getting your name brand lemonade, What reason is there to go to the second store?
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:54:41.919+0000) > > In any scenario the consumer gains nothing. Do you know what stores do instead? Their incentives consist of bringing in the customer's and getting on their good side. Epic has done nothing for consumer's and that is the biggest problem. They don't care about the people who actually buy the stuff. How different is that from what consoles do? What does Sony or Nintendo do for their customers? What do consumers gain from buying either console? Epic Games gave me Transistor for free and it should still be free right now I believe. Go get it while you can.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T13:05:07.626+0000) > > "One company based in China is in trouble. Therefore, Tencent is also engaging in these activities." > > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} > > Microsoft installs backdoors in their prograns for the CIA. Let's not pretend it's only Chinese companies doing that kind of thing. > > https://www.tweaktown.com/news/57538/microsoft-gives-nsa-backdoor-complains-exploits/index.html > https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/wikileaks-cia-hacking-tools-phones-apple-samsung-microsoft-google/ There is a very major difference between the country I live in and a totalitarian regime that controls it's people. Tiananmen Plaza. Say that in any lobby with chinese and they must leave. As far as china is aware, it never happened. > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T13:00:49.032+0000) > > How different is that from what consoles do? What does Sony or Nintendo do for their customers? What do consumers gain from buying either console? > > Epic Games gave me Transistor for free and it should still be free right now I believe. Go get it while you can. It depends. Sony, for example, has a deal with COD BLOPS4 where DLC and other content is released a week or two ahead of schedule. Sometimes a console has deals with a developer/publisher for similar stuff or DLC only available on their system. Nothing is wrong with this approach. While the Big Names have exclusives, these exclusives were planned far in advance by the Big Names. They either own the developer or paid the developer far ahead of time for their exclusivity. Compared to EGS that buys the exclusivity months (or in the case of exodus, weeks) before release. Their approach to exclusivity is ridiculous because it only applies to PC. I'll use Exodus again as an example. A simple google search states it is available for "PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows". While this information is correct, it doesn't fully pertain to Windows simply because it requires the use of another store. People aren't against other stores. Battle.net, origin, uplay, microsoft store, GoG, etc. No one has complaints about these stores even though some have exclusives. Epic is throwing their fortnite money around and it's leaving a bad taste.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:35:35.384+0000) > > afaik there is really nothing to back up that claim. It's cause by people finding out that EGS looks into files and folders more than it needs to and from the fact that Tencent (who a fuckton of people loathe) own a substantial percentage of shares in Epic. Information selling is EXTREMELY common though. Google does it, Facebook does it, Youtube does it, Discord does it, and there's tons of services that aren't primarily profiting off information selling that are doing it too. I don't have a horse in this race but its naive to think that kind of thing isn't possible when files are being probed. Thing is most of the time its being used for ads so its not dangerous and almost no one bothers prosecuting over violation of privacy. Sometimes its useful for busting crimes. But the US system gives no fucks if its unethical or arguably illegal and given how draconian China is I have no doubts they wouldn't have issues with it.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:40:03.603+0000) > > Information selling is EXTREMELY common though. Google does it, Facebook does it, Youtube does it, Discord does it, and there's tons of services that aren't primarily profiting off information selling that are doing it too. > > I don't have a horse in this race but its naive to think that kind of thing isn't possible when files are being probed. Thing is most of the time its being used for ads so its not dangerous and almost no one bothers prosecuting over violation of privacy. Sometimes its useful for busting crimes. But the US system gives no fucks if its unethical or arguably illegal and given how draconian China is I have no doubts they wouldn't have issues with it. Never said it wasn't possible, just that there is too little evidence to back it up for now.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:35:35.384+0000) > > afaik there is really nothing to back up that claim. It's cause by people finding out that EGS looks into files and folders more than it needs to and from the fact that Tencent (who a fuckton of people loathe) own a substantial percentage of shares in Epic. Riot Games is also owned by Tencent tho. > [{quoted}](name=Moonscourge,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-26T11:22:10.978+0000) > > Could it be they only accept bombshell games because they are out for money and that it's just under the guise of standing up for the little guy? This is a strawman. No one ever said Epic Games was "standing up for the little guy." Steam takes 30% and no amount of dumb features that I never use will ever justify that amount of greed. Epic Games accepts bombshell games to bring people to their client while offering the publishers a better deal.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-04-26T12:19:34.101+0000) > > Riot Games is also owned by Tencent tho. And I stopped playing and buying from League since the acquisition. I have zero reasons to trust Tencent or any company based in China. Huawei is under fire right now for possibly giving info to their government.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:32:42.492+0000) > > Eh kinda but no. It would be more as if there were multiple stores you could download on a console with their own separate set of features, exclusives and friends list. I prefer a single client rather than 6 others. Stores get exclusives. Consoles get exclusives. Let's not pretend they're different.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:39:15.750+0000) > > Stores get exclusives. Consoles get exclusives. Let's not pretend they're different. We can act as if they are different. One is software and another is hardware. A better analogy I suppose would be if GameStop signed an exclusivity deal preventing it from being sold elsewhere. In any scenario the consumer gains nothing. Do you know what stores do instead? Their incentives consist of bringing in the customer's and getting on their good side. Epic has done nothing for consumer's and that is the biggest problem. They don't care about the people who actually buy the stuff.
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-26T09:24:48.576+0000) > > but then they sell ur info to china What makes you believe that conspiracy theory?
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-04-26T10:05:33.281+0000) > > What makes you believe that conspiracy theory? afaik there is really nothing to back up that claim. It's cause by people finding out that EGS looks into files and folders more than it needs to and from the fact that Tencent (who a fuckton of people loathe) own a substantial percentage of shares in Epic.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-26T07:42:34.321+0000) > > Epic tries to make it sound like its adding competition but it isn't. What reason does a consumer have to use their store over steam besides forced and unnecessary exclusives? It adds competition the same way consoles do. > [{quoted}](name=Timethief49,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-26T07:46:45.883+0000) > > They try to sound Like the good guys while beeing assholes. Yeah they give Higher shares, but they are shady as fuck and have a worse client. Shady how? Personally speaking, I like the minimalist design of the Epic client. It's aesthetically pleasing to me. Is it missing some basic features? Sure, but it'll be good to go in the future. Besides, this "muh lack of features" talking point is only being used by Steam shills whose priority reason for being upset with Epic is that they're getting a timed exclusive with BL3. Downloading the Epic client literally takes 2 minutes. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K74E03zJ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-26T07:55:52.260+0000) > > It adds competition the same way consoles do. Eh kinda but no. It would be more as if there were multiple stores you could download on a console with their own separate set of features, exclusives and friends list. I prefer a single client rather than 6 others.
: Good Guy Epic Games
Epic tries to make it sound like its adding competition but it isn't. What reason does a consumer have to use their store over steam besides forced and unnecessary exclusives? I remember one of the biggest reasons they stated was that "the developers can pass the savings onto the consumer." Never happened, still charging full price.
Minarde (NA)
: Alright, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute. Bans don't fit with ARAM because ARAM's the "chill mode." People want to queue up and get into a game. Extending champ select, such as via banning phase, makes things more tedious for little gain, since the game's balance state isn't a concern. After all, getting a strong champ just makes things more fun. Meanwhile, getting a weak champ is annoying, yet manageable, since "it's just ARAM." As such, ARAM's primary problem still seems to be its confinement to a singular queue. Casuals who don't care about overall balance, competitive players who really care about overall balance, and everyone in-between all get lumped together. Thus, the queue gets dragged in all sorts of directions to end up with a half-agreeable compromise in the middle. For the Summoner's Rift players out there, think of all those champions that get nerfed and struggle in Solo queue solely because they were dominating pro play. Now imagine that conflict applied to an entire queue. Stuff's messy. The clearest way to solve this would be to add a ranked ARAM queue. Casuals can continue relaxing in normals as they have been. Meanwhile, more competitive players can enjoy competitive features (e.g. bans, full champ roster). Ranked rewards encourage players to play the more "intensive" queue while further differentiating the queues to avoid the "Blind Pick vs. Draft" situation. Additionally, having a separate queue allows for various changes that don't impact the existing ARAM queue. For instance, queue requirements could be increased (e.g. summoner level, champs owned) to compensate for enabling all champs. Champ select could use a "Random Draft" format similar to the "Sealed Arena Draft" that card games use.
> [{quoted}](name=Minarde,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gonnqM89,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-23T01:04:49.736+0000) > > Alright, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute. Bans don't fit with ARAM because ARAM's the "chill mode." People want to queue up and get into a game. Extending champ select, such as via banning phase, makes things more tedious for little gain, since the game's balance state isn't a concern. After all, getting a strong champ just makes things more fun. Meanwhile, getting a weak champ is annoying, yet manageable, since "it's just ARAM." > > As such, ARAM's primary problem still seems to be its confinement to a singular queue. Casuals who don't care about overall balance, competitive players who really care about overall balance, and everyone in-between all get lumped together. Thus, the queue gets dragged in all sorts of directions to end up with a half-agreeable compromise in the middle. For the Summoner's Rift players out there, think of all those champions that get nerfed and struggle in Solo queue solely because they were dominating pro play. Now imagine that conflict applied to an entire queue. Stuff's messy. > > The clearest way to solve this would be to add a ranked ARAM queue. Casuals can continue relaxing in normals as they have been. Meanwhile, more competitive players can enjoy competitive features (e.g. bans, full champ roster). Ranked rewards encourage players to play the more "intensive" queue while further differentiating the queues to avoid the "Blind Pick vs. Draft" situation. Additionally, having a separate queue allows for various changes that don't impact the existing ARAM queue. For instance, queue requirements could be increased (e.g. summoner level, champs owned) to compensate for enabling all champs. Champ select could use a "Random Draft" format similar to the "Sealed Arena Draft" that card games use. The only way to truly balance it is to make all champs free and remove rerolls. With this in place, players will have to play the champs they are dealt and all champs will have equal playrate.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Fix your broken game, Riot
Your hitbox isn't precise, neither is it a square. It is a circle.
Ýisus (NA)
: Stop Reworking Champions - Just Make New....
It is not that difficult to relearn champions, or at least how their skills play out. I hop onto the PBE servers to test out changes once a week just to see how balance changes work for characters I play. It's very easy.
Ýisus (NA)
: Stop Reworking Champions - Just Make New....
Morgana had a single change: +movement speed towards enemies afflicted by her ult. This sounds more like a refusal to learn rather than lack of time.
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA1QywPe,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-07T06:42:24.795+0000) > > lmao but none of them are that bad. This is the equivalent of spending 100 on food for a drink. That's just fucked up. Its closer to spending 100 dollars on food and getting a custom memento thanking you for your patronage.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA1QywPe,comment-id=0001000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-07T07:34:46.995+0000) > > Its closer to spending 100 dollars on food and getting a custom memento thanking you for your patronage. Alright that's fair actually, but the point is that it is not worth that 100 dollars spent. Although I do understand your point that it is for those who would have spent that money anyways.
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA1QywPe,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T02:28:32.449+0000) > > they're* > > and that's like saying "HEY THIS CUP OF SODA IS FREE IF YOU BUY $49.99 IN FOOD AT MCDONALDS!" Yeah. A free soda for spending X amount of money is a common deal at restaurants and on coupons. Prestige skins are for the most part, a loss for them. It's not a skin that costs 100 dollars, it's a free and exclusive skin for having spent $100 you were already going to spend. Like how buying 10 Pokeballs in Pokemon gives a premier ball.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TA1QywPe,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T02:38:13.384+0000) > > Yeah. A free soda for spending X amount of money is a common deal at restaurants and on coupons. > > Prestige skins are for the most part, a loss for them. > > It's not a skin that costs 100 dollars, it's a free and exclusive skin for having spent $100 you were already going to spend. > > Like how buying 10 Pokeballs in Pokemon gives a premier ball. lmao but none of them are that bad. This is the equivalent of spending 100 on food for a drink. That's just fucked up.
Grimmrok (EUNE)
: Kayle, why is she so ugly? (rant)
Wait, first she was too conventionally attractive and now she's not conventionally attractive enough? I'm lost...
: Cute Evelynn art stuff
Thats a lot of OwO
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3vNVGEz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-26T01:12:18.042+0000) > > Additional reminder: Riot stood by their choice to be sexist at PAX West last year. > > Pretty sure DZK was fired for engaging the community during a damage control period, not for being sexist. He was exposed. He was secretly a misogynist.
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3vNVGEz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-26T03:54:24.007+0000) > > He was exposed. He was secretly a misogynist. You mean a misandrist?
: What are you talking about? Nasus doesn't gain stacks from minions, and that wasn't ME. I was Morgana, and started off carrying the game hard. And this is COMMON. Btw, I'm also smurfing. But I'm smurfing in the sense that I use low elo as a playground for experimental builds, and I'm sure as hell not Master. I cap out at Diamond II. About 1 in 3 games right now has a smurf of some variant. We should have won this game. But he literally 1v5'd.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EXpiEZYL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-25T00:13:39.766+0000) > > What are you talking about? Nasus doesn't gain stacks from minions, and that wasn't ME. I was Morgana, and started off carrying the game hard. > > And this is COMMON. > > Btw, I'm also smurfing. But I'm smurfing in the sense that I use low elo as a playground for experimental builds, and I'm sure as hell not Master. I cap out at Diamond II. > > About 1 in 3 games right now has a smurf of some variant. We should have won this game. But he literally 1v5'd. Except that nasus can gain stacks from minons... 3 from small fry, 12 from big ones. I thought that was common knowledge.
: Defense should never outscale damage
https://imgur.com/gallery/iu3Y1
: Ping test says 6 ms, in game i get 40 - 90
Location is the most defining factor with ping. Ping is essentially the time it takes for you to "ping" the server and then recieve a response back, so round trip information. The server is also located in or around Chicago. There is little you can do to lower ping, the only things that are (mostly) in your hands are jitter and packet loss.
Ulanopo (NA)
: Personal Thoughts on RiotAugust
DZK pissed me off enough to quit most of league. Now i just play on the PBE and give my opinion on changes.
: > [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=GJivGzod,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T00:16:34.469+0000) > > because you cant flash *anyones* auto attack unless youre flashing into fog. That doesn't even make sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Only Mid Veigar,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=GJivGzod,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T00:37:36.183+0000) > > That doesn't even make sense. That's been a part of league since forever. I understand the pain of flashing and still getting hit.
: Thanks. but how I know that is AP damage or true damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Find me Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KNU47tR3,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T07:19:00.910+0000) > > Thanks. but how I know that is AP damage or true damage. Ahri's charm is not true damage. It amplifies the damage dealt. Her Q or orb thing she throws does true damage when coming back. To tell if something does true damage the numbers will be in white.
: > [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KeYTujMn,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-18T21:43:23.963+0000) > > Her appearance is based off her believers. She's skimpy because her followers portray her as skimpy. > > Shes based off of greek spirits, who were all naked. It makes perfect sense since dieties are often portrayed in little to no clothing since they are supposed to be perfect. Why would Zaun be any different? So she appears as a barely clothed woman to a young gay boy in her flavor story because why then?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KeYTujMn,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-18T21:57:48.767+0000) > > So she appears as a barely clothed woman to a young gay boy in her flavor story because why then? Would a gay man not find women beautiful? He doesn't have to be attracted to her but its universally acknowledged that women are the most beautiful.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wyHk9ExN,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-02-19T17:17:36.793+0000) > > Furry ugly > > Creeper ugly > > Edgy ugly > > Fabulously ugly > > Honestly, I don't know why those guys are considered sexy. Because they have their shirts off? I'd be perfectly fine to stick shirts back on them =P > > I think the issue is > > A) More guys play League so they notice attractive/sexualized females more than males > > B) Girls are more noticeably sexualized and there is a definite higher proportion than males for "sexy" looks. > > I mean, let's compare "hot" guys (needlessly showing their body/abs) to "hot" girls (needlessly showing off their bodies): > > Guys: {{champion:201}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:44}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:110}} > > Girls: {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:76}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:143}} > > I just did a quick pass. If you want to argue "attractive" vs. "sexualized" I think there are definitely more men as well as more women, but you get the idea. There are way more girls with big chests showing extra skin than guys showing off dem abs hence why it stands out more when a female gets more "sexualized". > > I'm gonna stop now cause I think I'm rambling You forgot Yasuo, who I've heard is shirtless specifically because a female Rioter wanted to see him without a shirt. Also Alistar, Olaf, Mundo, Lee, Nasus, Ryze, Sion (although that might be for thematic reasons, to show off his soul furnace thing), possibly Trundle, and Urgot (VGU made him hot because sex sells even for a half-man). And Ornn technically isn't wearing a shirt, but he has a massive belt (Olaf approves) and beard (Olaf approves again), so you can't see anything but his massive arms.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wyHk9ExN,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-02-20T00:08:29.606+0000) > > You forgot Yasuo, who I've heard is shirtless specifically because a female Rioter wanted to see him without a shirt. > > Also Alistar, Olaf, Mundo, Lee, Nasus, Ryze, Sion (although that might be for thematic reasons, to show off his soul furnace thing), possibly Trundle, and Urgot (VGU made him hot because sex sells even for a half-man). > > And Ornn technically isn't wearing a shirt, but he has a massive belt (Olaf approves) and beard (Olaf approves again), so you can't see anything but his massive arms. He is right though that there is more sexy females than sexy males **by social standards.** A group of friends and I did a run through of this. Most of us men with a single female. We tried to look at it as objectively as we could as to what would be socially considered attractive. even disregarding our female friend saying that certain male characters (e.g. Lee sin or pool party Graves, etc.) were not sexy (how not?), we still came to a consensus that far more women are sexy. I believe the ratio we came to was ~30% of men and around 48% of women. We did notice a few trends. Usually what we considered sexy for men was that they were shirtless while still maintaining a relatively human shape. For women however, It had a lot more factors going into it. The women varied nearly as much as men but all had a more closely resembling shape, basically looking at hips and tits. Frankly, the whole argument is overblown as its statistically shown that people have varying taste in regards to what they are attracted to. I will say this though. A lot of female characters stick to a general, overall body shape in comparison to men. Even if they aren't human they still look the part more often than not. There are exceptions. It's like that picture that shows varying races in a fantasy universe but every female version has some of the same defining feminine characteristics that still make them look human. Personally, I see nothing wrong with this as it is common among people to choose human looking female characters most of the time. Women do it and so do men.
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLz4ZX82,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T08:58:50.918+0000) > > Dah heck, how is this Kayle aesthetically different to any of these examples? Those examples are fully armored, just like current Kayle. New Kayle? Yet another gruesomely out of place manifestation of "sex sells".
> [{quoted}](name=ExpStealer,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rLz4ZX82,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-19T09:13:48.326+0000) > > Those examples are fully armored, just like current Kayle. New Kayle? Yet another gruesomely out of place manifestation of "sex sells". IDK about the sex sells part. It's not like a lot of skin is showing. except when she has six wings (which tbh, should armor the fuck out of her instead.) No one claims Irelia's rework made her more sexily appealing. Minus those hips which riot has stated was because it makes her look better from the top down view league has (or they just wanted big ass, but who knows.)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwinkiePro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A9mGd5YB,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-18T05:20:18.246+0000) > > But then it should remove knock ups. Yet it also does not. Knock ups are just immune to everything, maybe except cleansing, i'm not sure about that
> [{quoted}](name=Predatorator,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A9mGd5YB,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-02-18T06:50:13.574+0000) > > Knock ups are just immune to everything, maybe except cleansing, i'm not sure about that Technically, you can cleanse it and then flash. same with olaf ult
: it could be that the ability refers to "CC" as something that impairs movement. by this definition nearsight and blind are not included.
> [{quoted}](name=Predatorator,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A9mGd5YB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-17T20:12:42.291+0000) > > it could be that the ability refers to "CC" as something that impairs movement. by this definition nearsight and blind are not included. But then it should remove knock ups. Yet it also does not.
: I wish riot would show the complete chat log of the whole conversation. YOu guys sure like to kick ppl when they are down. I might have said a few minor things, but they were lying about me going afk, using racist comments, cuss words, calling me everything in the book and i got banned because they convinced ppl like you to report. How am I in the wrong when ppl fabricate what i was or wasnt doing in the game. Look at the game log. I was not the reason why we lost and I was not afk. They kept flaming me because they were feeding and blamed teh first death as the snowball.
> [{quoted}](name=wontontonton,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=NAAEOB3E,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-02-16T09:28:37.675+0000) > > I wish riot would show the complete chat log of the whole conversation. YOu guys sure like to kick ppl when they are down. I might have said a few minor things, but they were lying about me going afk, using racist comments, cuss words, calling me everything in the book and i got banned because they convinced ppl like you to report. How am I in the wrong when ppl fabricate what i was or wasnt doing in the game. Look at the game log. I was not the reason why we lost and I was not afk. They kept flaming me because they were feeding and blamed teh first death as the snowball. And you flamed back. No one here is accusing you of anything but being verbally toxic. It doesn't matter who won, who fed, who is racist or who cussed you out.** It doesn't matter what anyone else did, this is about you**.
: > [{quoted}](name=Iron Rubric,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzPsOyfb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-04T23:15:10.226+0000) > > Urf on the crystal scar would be amusing urf ascension would be real good imo, deathmatch memefest gamemode + deathmatch memefest gamemode can only accrue great results
> [{quoted}](name=DarkTree1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lzPsOyfb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-05T08:14:06.225+0000) > > urf ascension would be real good imo, deathmatch memefest gamemode + deathmatch memefest gamemode can only accrue great results I agree with this. This would also hopefully allow us to scale to 30 as well.
: She doesn't need healing, a good akali can dodge a crazy ton because of her w too, so the healing just feels like insult to injury
> [{quoted}](name=SamaHamra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mUufAcqE,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-29T06:39:26.636+0000) > > She doesn't need healing, a good akali can dodge a crazy ton because of her w too, so the healing just feels like insult to injury Next is sylas hopefully lmao
: If you think Akali lossing her heal is a good idea.
You cannot compare darius and akali, they are not even remotely the same. Darius is slow as balls and doesn't possess the mobility akali does. The most common complaint about her throughout the seasons is that her heal makes her oppressive. Not only does she do a ton of damage, she heals off of it, making long trades go in her favor. That's counter to what an assassin should do. They should peck you down until you are in kill range. Darius has it tied to his missing hp and requires him to hit a champion, completely different from akali. But again, different champs. It would be better to compare her sustain to an assassin that does the same: Talon. He literally has to kill a minion with his W to heal for a far more paltry amount. His damage is subpar to akali. All he brings to the table is parkour but akali has him beat in every single instance. She's overloaded. Her Q heal is a crutch for her early game, an early game all assassins suffer through. She builds gunblade anyways so her Q heal becomes overbearing. She's not busted, just frustrating.
: {{champion:91}} "bleeding counts right?" {{champion:122}} "I vote for bleeding should count"
> [{quoted}](name=WyvernEgg,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=1OjH1rHp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-27T04:19:46.400+0000) > > {{champion:91}} "bleeding counts right?" > > {{champion:122}} "I vote for bleeding should count" cutting wounds into your body and psyche since 2009
Show more

TwinkiePro

Level 56 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion