: Riot August is designing champions again
Jhin, jinx, vi, and ekko to a lesser extent are pretty well designed champs. Gnar though is the epitome of failed champion design. He's such a piece of shit in every sense of the phrase: he's hard to balance and he's frustrating to play against. There is nothing redeeming about gnar.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Yea he has a very binary kit. If voli is fast enough to chase you down youre probably gonna die and theres very little way to outplay his damage/cc (unless youre one of the like 3 champs w/ a spellshield). Voli needs a rework before he can be buffed.
> [{quoted}](name=Alex h8721,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u8nwF1Wt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-10T19:24:23.588+0000) > > Yea he has a very binary kit. If voli is fast enough to chase you down youre probably gonna die and theres very little way to outplay his damage/cc (unless youre one of the like 3 champs w/ a spellshield). > > Voli needs a rework before he can be buffed. I generally agree. As it is right now, volibear's stats suck balls so currently he can just get stat checked by the majority of the melee roster even if he gets to them. It's riot's way of keeping him in the dirt until a rework.
: You're missing the part where the AD on {{item:3031}} went from 80 to 70 and crit went from 25% to 20% to begin with lol
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AmpjtNet,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-12T15:38:11.072+0000) > > You're missing the part where the AD on {{item:3031}} went from 80 to 70 and crit went from 25% to 20% to begin with lol Changes don't happen in a vacuum where no other changes occur. Black cleaver was also nerfed. IE was made cheaper etc. Nice try though, and LUL to all the salty ass ADC mains upvoting you
Rioter Comments
: Honestly I don't have this problem with Yasuo. Look at a champ who does a somewhat similar thing: Malphite. When ulting someone near the edge of tower range he has the option to hit them with the edge of his ult while still being outside of tower range. This is because he has control of where he ends up, and it is something a good malphite player will do. Yasuo on the other hand has no control over where he ends up, so it does make sense for him to be placed outside turret range because any champ who can control which side they end up on will try to place themselves outside of turret range. It makes more sense for an ability to act in a way that players normally would than to punish good players because the ability isn't flexible. Yasuo's ult doesn't do anything players wouldn't do if they got to choose which side they ended up on, which anyone with a ground targeted dash DOES get to choose. Now some people might argue that it should act like Akali ult, always putting you on the other side of them. However you have to keep in mind Akali ult doesn't CC herself under enemy turrets. As such she isn't actually being as heavily punished as Yasuo is, who would CC's himself for a full second under turret. When you consider that a single turret shot does more damage than Yasuo's ult does in the early-mid game it would just make Yasuo never use his ult on someone under turret, which is kinda dumb considering Yasuo is meant to be a pretty decent diver despite his inability to break aggro. If your ult is already locked behind use conditions it is kinda dumb for you to not want to use it to get a kill. ------------------------------- Frankly I am not a big fan of Yasuo, but his ult placing him outside of turret range if possible makes sense when you consider that it is just doing what any player would naturally do if they had control over his ult placement, especially since ulting under turret makes you take more damage than they take.
> [{quoted}](name=Fondling Gems,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PtVTI33V,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2017-12-10T01:05:15.233+0000) > > Honestly I don't have this problem with Yasuo. Look at a champ who does a somewhat similar thing: Malphite. When ulting someone near the edge of tower range he has the option to hit them with the edge of his ult while still being outside of tower range. This is because he has control of where he ends up, and it is something a good malphite player will do. > > Yasuo on the other hand has no control over where he ends up, so it does make sense for him to be placed outside turret range because any champ who can control which side they end up on will try to place themselves outside of turret range. > > It makes more sense for an ability to act in a way that players normally would than to punish good players because the ability isn't flexible. Yasuo's ult doesn't do anything players wouldn't do if they got to choose which side they ended up on, which anyone with a ground targeted dash DOES get to choose. > > Now some people might argue that it should act like Akali ult, always putting you on the other side of them. However you have to keep in mind Akali ult doesn't CC herself under enemy turrets. As such she isn't actually being as heavily punished as Yasuo is, who would CC's himself for a full second under turret. > > When you consider that a single turret shot does more damage than Yasuo's ult does in the early-mid game it would just make Yasuo never use his ult on someone under turret, which is kinda dumb considering Yasuo is meant to be a pretty decent diver despite his inability to break aggro. If your ult is already locked behind use conditions it is kinda dumb for you to not want to use it to get a kill. > > ------------------------------- > > Frankly I am not a big fan of Yasuo, but his ult placing him outside of turret range if possible makes sense when you consider that it is just doing what any player would naturally do if they had control over his ult placement, especially since ulting under turret makes you take more damage than they take. That logic is awful because malphite cannot artificially increase his ult AoE to have it hit people well within turret range and keep himself outside of turret range. Look at my video the OP reposted, yasuo is a mile away from me when he ults. Malphite cannot do that because if he ulted to where yasuo went he would completely fucking miss me. Be gone with that awful logic.
Rioter Comments
Anonagon (NA)
: No. Lethality builds aren't really super powerful on ADCs right now, and for the few good ADCs who can build Lethality (basically just MF), increasing armor values on items means nothing because they aim to snowball a victory before most champions get significant armor items. Saying that armor items need buffed because of Lethality implies that Lethality marksmen are currently shredding down tanks, and that simply isn't the case. Both of the other common ADC builds kill tanks at a ludicrously faster rate. Lethality builds are actually pretty hot garbage at dealing with tanks. If you want ADCs nerfed, the way to do that would be to nerf ADCs, not buff tank items when tanks already take 0 damage from non-ADCs.
> [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=plAebi3W,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-12-09T12:48:01.081+0000) > > No. > > Lethality builds aren't really super powerful on ADCs right now, and for the few good ADCs who can build Lethality (basically just MF), increasing armor values on items means nothing because they aim to snowball a victory before most champions get significant armor items. > > Saying that armor items need buffed because of Lethality implies that Lethality marksmen are currently shredding down tanks, and that simply isn't the case. Both of the other common ADC builds kill tanks at a ludicrously faster rate. Lethality builds are actually pretty hot garbage at dealing with tanks. > > If you want ADCs nerfed, the way to do that would be to nerf ADCs, not buff tank items when tanks already take 0 damage from non-ADCs. They just need to take out LW and lethality synergy so that MF can't negate a lot of her lost scale by tacking on an LW item at the end of her lethality cleaver build.
: With the addition of Zombie Ward and free vision Trinkets as well as Kleptomancy provided Stealth wards; if you get ganked it's because you're not doing something right. Vision is so free right now it's frustrating.
> [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8nhyv9pX,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-12-09T07:58:52.730+0000) > > With the addition of Zombie Ward and free vision Trinkets as well as Kleptomancy provided Stealth wards; if you get ganked it's because you're not doing something right. Vision is so free right now it's frustrating. There can only be so many wards. There's very little fucking counterplay to bomb plants putting junglers instantly in river brushes before they can be spotted. If you're in the middle of the lane when that happens you're basically fucked.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: What if Crit dealt true damage instead of % bonus damage?
No, reworking crit to be a non-RNG ramp up would be much healthier.
SatomiKun (EUW)
: {{champion:6}} Please leave Frozen Mallet, for the sake of shotgunknees.
> [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V4ybE00v,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-08T19:21:30.384+0000) > > {{champion:6}} > Please leave Frozen Mallet, for the sake of shotgunknees. If he really needed mallet they could always just reduce the MS penalty on W.
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
FeeNeeX (EUNE)
: Hey,Riot What can we expect from you in 2018?
I want to see something where darius just fucking murders everything. A New Dawn still left a bad taste in my mouth, and probably even worse for my little brother mains.
: Remove Grievous Wounds From Morellonomicon and Make A New AP Item With It
It's at times like these we should ask ourselves, "what would nerf master sucktown do to nerf master sucktownomicon?"
: Ermn, going to respectfully disagree here. Agree with Skorch on his Comet comments and will add that Aery actually significantly boosts damage (possibly even more than Comet, depending on the situation & player) if you are consistently re-positioning to reduce the cooldown & grab the damage proc again (so like, not even using the shield bit). The issue with Deathfire Touch as a keystone, which we've talked about before, is that it had very little gameplay. You just...got more damage... in exchange for nothing. I know it was really fun for mage players because you just...got more damage (and that's fun!)...but the pattern was not producing good play or counterplay (in that...there was no pattern). This is actually also somewhat related to why we switched up the triggers to Electrocute, etc., to require more specific interaction on the side of the rune users. So, TL;DR, we probably won't see something EXACTLY like Deathfire Touch in the new system because it didn't produce meaningful gameplay. **EDIT:** The amount of people threatening to quit League & making hyperbolic statements ("everybody knows that" etc.) because I ventured in to comment here is TOO DAMN HIGH haha https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Too-Damn-High.jpg I've hit my personal mental limit for the day and I'm not going to keep poking the bear, I'm off to go fix some HUD bugs instead. Thanks to the folks who are being constructive in their discussion & feedback, and I will read all of your thoughts here even if I don't respond! :D
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=djhhyIkO,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2017-12-07T19:19:58.097+0000) > > Ermn, going to respectfully disagree here. Agree with Skorch on his Comet comments and will add that Aery actually significantly boosts damage (possibly even more than Comet, depending on the situation & player) if you are consistently re-positioning to reduce the cooldown & grab the damage proc again (so like, not even using the shield bit). > > The issue with Deathfire Touch as a keystone, which we've talked about before, is that it had very little gameplay. You just...got more damage... in exchange for nothing. I know it was really fun for mage players because you just...got more damage (and that's fun!)...but the pattern was not producing good play or counterplay (in that...there was no pattern). This is actually also somewhat related to why we switched up the triggers to Electrocute, etc., to require more specific interaction on the side of the rune users. > > So, TL;DR, we probably won't see something EXACTLY like Deathfire Touch in the new system because it didn't produce meaningful gameplay. "deathfire just added more damage..." And aery doesn't? Land any ability and an undodgeable monkey flies at you and deals more damage. The reposition is a cherry on top, but don't go around proclaiming that aery takes any amount of skill because that's bullshit.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Wukong doesn't even really use his R for kills anymore, just going in from a bush with Q-E-W-AA with duskblade is often enough to kill most squishy targets. R is used at the end if they are still alive, or for big teamfights. And he is the second best toplaner for lategame winrate wise, among all of them, and the very best for 30-40 minute games. The reason he´s unpopular is because hes a dang monkey that has a staff, he doesn't appeal to most toplaners that like their big beefy champs like Darius, Jax, Sion or Yorick. Or others. And the LDR change ensures that marksmen do not get the full damage bonus against targets without enough health, it could be called a nerf to their midgame even. Altho it's a lategame buff, but it's a needed one against Cho, maokai, sion and Rammus. A pity for others who will suffer once again in the arms race between tanks and marksmen, the main victims being all the other melee's that like health.
> [{quoted}](name=Thefrostyviking,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4i2TZJsT,comment-id=000300030001,timestamp=2017-12-06T17:35:03.371+0000) > > Wukong doesn't even really use his R for kills anymore, just going in from a bush with Q-E-W-AA with duskblade is often enough to kill most squishy targets. > > R is used at the end if they are still alive, or for big teamfights. > > And he is the second best toplaner for lategame winrate wise, among all of them, and the very best for 30-40 minute games. > > The reason he´s unpopular is because hes a dang monkey that has a staff, he doesn't appeal to most toplaners that like their big beefy champs like Darius, Jax, Sion or Yorick. > > > Or others. > > > And the LDR change ensures that marksmen do not get the full damage bonus against targets without enough health, it could be called a nerf to their midgame even. > > Altho it's a lategame buff, but it's a needed one against Cho, maokai, sion and Rammus. > > > A pity for others who will suffer once again in the arms race between tanks and marksmen, the main victims being all the other melee's that like health. He's unpopular because his lane phase is fucking garbage tier trash and this meta is all about the early game. Jungle wukong doesn't suffer from a trash lane phase.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=foAkwT1E,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-12-06T02:42:16.648+0000) > > By virtue of the asinine costs of their items. > > {{item:3071}} = 3000 > {{item:3053}} = 3200 > {{item:3078}} = 3733 > {{item:3748}} = 3500 > {{item:3074}} = 3500 > {{item:3022}} = 3100 > {{item:3812}} = 3500 (granted some ADCs like to use this item) > > Meanwhile over on the adc side... > > {{item:3031}} = 3400 > {{item:3085}} = 2600 > {{item:3046}} = 2600 > {{item:3087}} = 2600 > {{item:3033}} / {{item:3036}} = 2600 > > Bloodthirster and mercurial are the only insane costing ADC items alongside infinity edge OP doesn't even quote 3700 Blood Thirstier or 3600G Guinsoo RageBlade. Talk about FoxNews style reporting. Half of the ADCS require Rageblade and/or a BT. Lastly, how is it far that Darius's power spike go from 100 to 100 the entire game? What is the point of having an ADC? Why don't we just go hook support and Darius bot lane then?
> [{quoted}](name=BigBlackCocoa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=foAkwT1E,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-12-06T17:34:35.373+0000) > > OP doesn't even quote 3700 Blood Thirstier or 3600G Guinsoo RageBlade. > > Talk about FoxNews style reporting. > > Half of the ADCS require Rageblade and/or a BT. > > > Lastly, how is it far that Darius's power spike go from 100 to 100 the entire game? What is the point of having an ADC? Why don't we just go hook support and Darius bot lane then? I actually did mention bloodthirster you clown read the bottom.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Ryuumoku no koke,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=foAkwT1E,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-12-06T10:54:26.844+0000) > > juggernaut are fighters. For fighters, I meant more so champs like {{champion:92}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:114}}. They can build Ravenous Hydra without being set back. The immobile melees need health and resistances early on to avoid getting instagibbed or poked out of lane. The problem is that Titanic Hydra sucks to rush as a first item, and if you don't build it first you generally don't have time to ever get it.
> [{quoted}](name=Elkington,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=foAkwT1E,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2017-12-06T14:17:35.135+0000) > > For fighters, I meant more so champs like {{champion:92}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:114}}. They can build Ravenous Hydra without being set back. > > The immobile melees need health and resistances early on to avoid getting instagibbed or poked out of lane. The problem is that Titanic Hydra sucks to rush as a first item, and if you don't build it first you generally don't have time to ever get it. Doesnt matter, I'm talking bruisers in general, not just juggernauts, read the title.
Quaddy (NA)
: One thing that everybody seems to forget to mention is how toplaners will usually be 2 or even 3 levels ahead of adcs for most of the early/mid game. That like 1000-1200+ gold in stats.
> [{quoted}](name=Quaddy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=foAkwT1E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-06T02:50:29.957+0000) > > One thing that everybody seems to forget to mention is how toplaners will usually be 2 or even 3 levels ahead of adcs for most of the early/mid game. That like 1000-1200+ gold in stats. Who gives a shit? Late game bruiser builds are just as if not a little bit more expensive than ADC builds, but nowhere near as good
Rioter Comments
: champions that break late game
Darius doesn't break late game wtf
: Upvote if a smurf has ruined your game recently
Bite me kid. Smurfing ain't illegal and that's the way it's gunna stay.
Rioter Comments
: Details on our extra patch coming in December!
No skins/features/blah blah Balance is all I care about baby, LETS DO THIS, LETS MAKE FIGHTERS WORTH PICKING. https://youtu.be/hcJ1lrllZ7o
Rioter Comments
WeAreDeath (EUNE)
: Am I the only one who thinks Warwick is actually one of, if not the most balanced champion in game?
Very well designed, though I'm not sure I would call him the most balanced.
: Okay. But you're talking to me. Right now. And your original complaint was very specifically about me responding in this topic. Not looking to get an into an argument or be rude but I am confused at what you're looking for from me, if anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLHjeqKQ,comment-id=000e000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-28T20:09:00.364+0000) > > Okay. But you're talking to me. Right now. And your original complaint was very specifically about me responding in this topic. > > Not looking to get an into an argument or be rude but I am confused at what you're looking for from me, if anything. Quite frankly I don't particularly seek much anymore. It's a "take what you can get" sort of thing nowadays. Overall I am satisfied that after so long the balance team seems to have realized that darius actually needs a buff and not another random nerf. Refer to Paleo Electro's comment for what my message is.
: Nope. But I also cant speak for anyone else, just myself. So I answer what I can, and I can say honestly that at least I'm listening even if I don't have answers for everything. Like, it sounds like folks are a bit frustrated I answered here, but feel like I can answer the question 'Is anyone at Riot listening?'. Other things, I can listen/read or talk to coworkers about, but I can't speak intelligently about. If it's not something I'm working on/worked on, then I don't wanna pretend to be an expert yeah? I feel bad because I can totally see how you would feel like 'oh ofc this one a Rioter answers' but, I thought this one was one I had the experience to speak to. Honest question - would it have been more annoying to you if no one from Riot had answered here? I'm trying to be better at seeing what helps people and what just makes people feel worse, which is never my intention.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLHjeqKQ,comment-id=000e0001000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-28T17:59:33.315+0000) > > Nope. But I also cant speak for anyone else, just myself. So I answer what I can, and I can say honestly that at least I'm listening even if I don't have answers for everything. Nor did I ask for you to speak for anyone else. You seem to have misread the statement "you are not the entirety of riot as they appear on these boards."
: I respond to the topics I can, which admittedly isn't as many as I'd like. But like, I can't answer things I can't answer. :/
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLHjeqKQ,comment-id=000e00010000,timestamp=2017-11-28T15:14:32.023+0000) > > I respond to the topics I can, which admittedly isn't as many as I'd like. But like, I can't answer things I can't answer. :/ You are not the entirety of riot as they appear on these boards.
: Infinite HP Regeneration Zoe Bug!
YES, This is disable-worthy hopefully!! Bye zoe, dumb bitch champion
: Just because we don't reply to every topic doesn't mean we're not listening. I can tell you that there are Rioters watching and listening (*waves*) on Boards, the League subreddit and beyond. And yes, Boards or the League subreddit IS only part of the greater community and also IS diverse in its type of players too. Just because you're a part (everyone is only a part, right?) doesn't mean we ignore your opinions - that wouldn't make any sense. We have to listen to all the different parts if we want to understand the whole. I know sometimes it may feel like we're ignoring, but I can at least say that I'm personally here reading every day even though I'm mostly listening instead of talking.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BLHjeqKQ,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2017-11-27T19:06:52.047+0000) > > Just because we don't reply to every topic doesn't mean we're not listening. I can tell you that there are Rioters watching and listening (*waves*) on Boards, the League subreddit and beyond. > > And yes, Boards or the League subreddit IS only part of the greater community and also IS diverse in its type of players too. Just because you're a part (everyone is only a part, right?) doesn't mean we ignore your opinions - that wouldn't make any sense. We have to listen to all the different parts if we want to understand the whole. > > I know sometimes it may feel like we're ignoring, but I can at least say that I'm personally here reading every day even though I'm mostly listening instead of talking. Yes, and of course, a red only takes the time to respond to a post complaining about reds not taking time to respond, meanwhile, there are a plethora of posts with legitimate concerns that have yet to be responded to.
: veigar doesnt get double stacks
> [{quoted}](name=SocietysUnwanted,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2nnpyi5R,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-27T17:28:33.135+0000) > > veigar doesnt get double stacks Even worse, he used to have to q minions, they made it so merly hittng an ability gives him stacks, and takedowns of any kind give him 5 stacks. Ever since that change veigar has been ARAM insane. Just ensure you got a nice big ol chuck of mana and then spell spam to your heart's content
dominusx (EUNE)
: Kha is too strong guys.
preach, though tbh i dont think draven is that much of an issue. Twitch xayah and tristana need the hammer
Rioter Comments
Lovesick (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aVU2Edxt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-25T16:16:11.047+0000) > > Unfortunately tencent isn't going anywhere. Besides, if you look at it from Riot's perspective... if you were in the shoes of the owners, would you rather keep your game or take home hundreds of millions? > > While there is no doubt that tencent is probably pressuring Riot to monetize more aspects of the game, I doubt a lot of it was tencent's bidding, and I generally despise foreign ownership of American companies. > > I agree that the meta seems much more oppressive, or in scarra's words, restrictive. > > Let it be known to all here that a meta ought to be judged by how restrictive it is. That is, a good meta can be described as one where the meta champions, although stronger than most other champions, have many ways of being shut down or at least played around by the off-meta. A bad meta can be described as one where you essentially play the meta and have a chance of winning or go off meta and assuredly lose. The ardent censor meta was probably the most horrid example in recent history of a restrictive meta. Preseason is looking a tiny bit better, and with a few more tweaks with regards to lowering overall damage output, I think preseason has a good chance of crafting something enjoyable compared to the ardent censor meta (not that that's particularly difficult). I'd rather keep my game since that will increase me and my company's reputation with the general community (the consumers). I am aware that Tencent is a huge part of the problem here, hence why I don't fully blame Riot for their decisions. Yeah, the meta's restrictive and anti-fun. The new runes ironically enough restrict the meta further since certain champs outperform others by a large amount. As for your paragraph on the meta and what is good and bad, I think that we can achieve a good meta if Riot patches less frequently and actually chooses to use their brain a lil' more when patching (since let's be real, -5 ad isn't much of a balance change).
> [{quoted}](name=Lovesick,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aVU2Edxt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-25T22:53:52.626+0000) > > I'd rather keep my game since that will increase me and my company's reputation with the general community (the consumers). > > I am aware that Tencent is a huge part of the problem here, hence why I don't fully blame Riot for their decisions. > > Yeah, the meta's restrictive and anti-fun. The new runes ironically enough restrict the meta further since certain champs outperform others by a large amount. > > As for your paragraph on the meta and what is good and bad, I think that we can achieve a good meta if Riot patches less frequently and actually chooses to use their brain a lil' more when patching (since let's be real, -5 ad isn't much of a balance change). I won't go so far as to say I do not believe you, because in the end who am I to say that I know you more than you. All I can say is you can be surprised at what offers of inordinate amounts of money can do to people. Plus, tencent probably stated during negotiations that riot would still retain a lot of its autonomy (tencent is merely an investment company, it wants returns and will manage acquisitions, but ultimately knows that a good acquisition will only stay good if the people that made it good in the first place keep managing it for them) and it wouldn't replace the leadership, and it hasn't to be fair. Of course it will put pressure to monetize the game further, but the rhetoric of making a deal can be very enticing. There's a reason companies like tencent pay people millions to secure these multi million deals, these people are no joke at what they do. Don't hype your ideals up too much in hypothetical scenarios, unless they are as solid as the earth, and are something you would be willing to die for.
Rioter Comments
Lovesick (OCE)
: The issues with League now (and my take on how to fix them)
Unfortunately tencent isn't going anywhere. Besides, if you look at it from Riot's perspective... if you were in the shoes of the owners, would you rather keep your game or take home hundreds of millions? While there is no doubt that tencent is probably pressuring Riot to monetize more aspects of the game, I doubt a lot of it was tencent's bidding, and I generally despise foreign ownership of American companies. I agree that the meta seems much more oppressive, or in scarra's words, restrictive. Let it be known to all here that a meta ought to be judged by how restrictive it is. That is, a good meta can be described as one where the meta champions, although stronger than most other champions, have many ways of being shut down or at least played around by the off-meta. A bad meta can be described as one where you essentially play the meta and have a chance of winning or go off meta and assuredly lose. The ardent censor meta was probably the most horrid example in recent history of a restrictive meta. Preseason is looking a tiny bit better, and with a few more tweaks with regards to lowering overall damage output, I think preseason has a good chance of crafting something enjoyable compared to the ardent censor meta (not that that's particularly difficult).
Rioter Comments
: Maybe I should be a massive flaming asshole, seems that is the quickest way to fame and fortune these days. Sometimes I really hate human psychology.
> [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nfmVw2gt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-25T02:01:52.928+0000) > > Maybe I should be a massive flaming asshole, seems that is the quickest way to fame and fortune these days. Sometimes I really hate human psychology. "these days" Trump your average chad meme obviously tyler1 But it has to be done in a _relatable_ way, that's what most of these characters share in common. There are a bunch of random assholes like tarzaned who are essentially nobodys.
Show more

Tychusfindlay918

Level 32 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion