: Another day, another post that claims to know the majority with not a single shred of proof. God I love the Boards.
: I mean, kys doesn't bother me in the slightest but that isn't the point here. If you think that saying something in full Danish means that anarchy's coming up because some people cannot handle being told kys in any context no matter what said context is, and therefore have to shut down every instance of that word worldwide, then you support the complete opposite of anarchy. This is precisely why we shouldn't have robot overlords, because they don't understand context and because they don't pay fleshbags well.
I mean if it means that people learn a new language just to be insulting I think it's a net positive. Learning languages is a net positive in my book. Now to be serious, I think it would be a great thing if people would stop letting words bother them but until then, let me address your example. The chat log is never just Kys Morgana There will be chat before and after, and all you have to do is see the language being spoken, and it's an open and shut case.
slourand (EUNE)
: We want Star Guardian Invasion back
My whole thing is why put all that work into that fantastic game mode if you're never going to pull it out of the drawer to use it ever again. Idk it just feels like a big waste of time.
Diävolo (EUW)
: I'm one of these people who hated TFT before I even played it. Now I hate it 100%. With Riot using it to shut us up.
> [{quoted}](name=Diävolo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Q8P3Y3LJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-29T12:10:46.373+0000) > > I'm one of these people who hated TFT before I even played it. Now I hate it 100%. With Riot using it to shut us up. Pretty much this. I never liked autochess styled games, and this one is too rng based and low interactivity for my liking. And now the main game I actually like is suffering.
Hawt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=JancevFTW,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ZOITMUJT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-28T14:12:34.189+0000) > > Fuck ahri fuck ezreal fuck lux thats it There are lot of people who would want to fuck Ahri, Ezreal, or Lux.
My vote's on Lux personally, as I don't want my soul succed by Ahri.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=001600000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T11:38:49.362+0000) > > "Kys" is an insane edge case, because you'd be giving everybody a free pass on a "kill yourself" phrase just because they might have used a different language. I could quite literally say "Kys Tyrek", fully using the english meaning here, and the second I get banned for it I could claim that I meant to "kiss Tyrek" and I just resorted to danish because I like the language. Have you even read that person's chatlogs? THE WHOLE LOGS ARE WRITTEN IN DANISH. AND WHEN YOU ACTUALLY TRANSLATE IT, NOTHING TOXIC HAS BEEN WRITTEN. If you type in english and then at one point you type "kys" to some1, ofc you cant excuse yourself by saying you meant to say "kiss" in danish. Context matters. And in this case, the person had no ill intentions.
Well no, the system doesn't have to work in non-supported languages, nobody is arguing that. The entire point here is asking for the human element to look into the issue, find that it was a false positive, then resolve the matter. That's all.
JenShen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GMo5yu5Y,comment-id=00160000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T11:16:36.908+0000) > > Sure... I'm trolling. > > Let me ask you something. > > Do you think people are more likely to speak Danish on a European (EUW) server? > > If so, then you don't have a leg to stand on. Because newsflash, not every European person has to bend to the whims of the english people that decided arbitrarily that one of their words are toxic. what IF .... every one taht say kys to you , actually means kiss in danish , but you just want to see the bad in people and want to report them? so they sent you kisses and you think they want you to kill ur self, everything is what you want to see in the situation, now you know kys = kiss so why dont you take it as people saying kiss and be a little happier. kiss your sister keep yourself save kiss your siblings Keep Your Socks! Koala's Yogurt Sux i bet you see all these for a simple kill your self maybe start seeing kys as something like kiss and it wont bother you anymore
Kys has never once bothered me, because I don't internalize the words of people I have never met and who I will never see again after the game's done. Would I tell someone to kys? No, because it's rude in principle, not because I think it would actually hurt somebody emotionally. If I learned Danish and started typing only in Danish to my Danish friends, would I flirt with one of them and say that I wanted to kys them? Sure, if I like her enough. Context matters.
: The european EUW server offers english, german, french, spanish and italian as our language options. This means that the words are judged based on if they are toxic in one of these 5 languages. "Kys" is an insane edge case, because you'd be giving everybody a free pass on a "kill yourself" phrase just because they might have used a different language. I could quite literally say "Kys Tyrek", fully using the english meaning here, and the second I get banned for it I could claim that I meant to "kiss Tyrek" and I just resorted to danish because I like the language. If you support that you might as well support anarchy when it comes to chat.
I mean, kys doesn't bother me in the slightest but that isn't the point here. If you think that saying something in full Danish means that anarchy's coming up because some people cannot handle being told kys in any context no matter what said context is, and therefore have to shut down every instance of that word worldwide, then you support the complete opposite of anarchy. This is precisely why we shouldn't have robot overlords, because they don't understand context and because they don't pay fleshbags well.
: ***
Sure... I'm trolling. Let me ask you something. Do you think people are more likely to speak Danish on a European (EUW) server? If so, then you don't have a leg to stand on. Because newsflash, not every European person has to bend to the whims of the english people that decided arbitrarily that one of their words are toxic.
: ignorance hits hard in the US. I used to not know what "allahu akbar" meant and was associated with. I thought it was a phrase from a game because it kept popping up everywhere on everything gaming related and used next to other gaming phrases. I weirded someone out and thus, never want to look back
: ***
I'm sure the most common use of kys in Denmark is a little different. But context doesn't matter, now does it?
: > [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TyU2QIyv,comment-id=00000009,timestamp=2019-08-28T21:21:01.179+0000) > > What the fuck? > That's off character for BOTH champions. > Tarix is hetero and Riot even confirmed that. Tairc's lore says clearly what is the most significant to him, and that is Garen! Go read the lore! They are undergound lovers! Kids.
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TyU2QIyv,comment-id=000000090000,timestamp=2019-08-28T22:16:34.233+0000) > > Tairc's lore says clearly what is the most significant to him, and that is Garen! Go read the lore! They are undergound lovers! Kids. I already read the lore and have pointed out to you in the lore why it makes no sense. I really don't care what you ship, but if you say that canon supports it then I will simply say "no" and show you that you are wrong.
rujitra (NA)
: Rule Clarification
It's a blanket term referring to large spenders. It's just a word with no connotation behind it. It's the context in the rest of the sentence that would denote a negative or positive spin on it. Also, I think that people willing to spend lots of money have other more important things to do with their time then be offended by the term whale. Like enjoying the stuff they bought, for one.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Pajama guardians > star guardians. You heathen.
*holds PJ SG Soraka tightly* How dare he besmirch them.
: Yeah. This person is the Ahri x Wukong shipper but with Garen x Taric, and they hate Garen x Kat. They're just desperately trying to find evidence that Garen and Kat aren't a thing and failing miserably.
: > and it seems hardly deserved considering the mess the game is in atm. Bruh, I'm gonna mean this with all the respect I can muster with you. Just because you think the game is a mess, *does not mean you're right*. Because while I'm sure you have your reasons for believing it to be so, the 'kissing up' reddit poster, has theirs as well for thinking otherwise. Respect people having a different opinion, without accusing them of blindly kissing up, because that's the connotation to kissing up. That they're wrong.
I haven't accused anybody of kissing up, if you haven't noticed. I was stating it from their perspective. I thought it was clear I wasn't talking about myself, but I personally don't mind the state the game's in. My bad for not being clear. Now actually listen to what I'm saying. If you only respond to people who are nice to you instead of people willing to give harsher criticism then your potential growth is stunted. Does this mean you listen to everybody's opinion and change according to them? No, of course not. Just because someone says something nicely to you or Riot, it doesn't make them right either. The fact that Riot's unwilling to listen to criticsm unless it's heaped with praise in between every criticism is not a good look for a company. Because it implies that they only listen to people that kiss up to them, instead of paying attention to the passionate fans. Now address what I said, instead of focusing on what you think my perspective is.
Adder (OCE)
: Something that nobody has talked about at all:
{{champion:268}} SHURIMA I need more content for the emperor.
: The funniest thing is, the guy's comment about Reddit posters? What makes Reddit's """"Ass kissing"""" any less actual feedback than the Boards? What, they actually like the game, an idea SO ABSURD, that they can only be kissing Riot's ass for it to make sense. It's beyond absurd, a complete utter lack of respect for other peoples opinions that aren't their own.
Well from a boards poster, it seems that Riot only wants to talk to people that kiss up to them first, and it seems hardly deserved considering the mess the game is in atm. It makes them seem high and mighty, and they haven't earned it.
: Never said you should ignore them, because at the end of the day Riot is still taking feedback, just from other places. Places that don't wear down on their mentality. Similar to when a server asks someone else to take their table, because they earnestly think they can't handle dealing with them. I've had plenty of friends who are in the service industry, or have been, and those really bad customers? They take a real big toll on your mentality, so imagine that with one of the biggest games, with one of the most known toxic communities. And once again, there is no part in the job that says a Dev *has* to interact with the community, and it's fully within their right to choose which platforms they interact on if they choose too, be it Reddit, Twitter, or the Boards. They have not stopped serving, they've simply chosen to be more courteous and nice to other tables, while silently giving you your food and then walking away for the others. Nobody *should* have to adjust to harassment. It's an unfortunate fact of life that there will be people out there who will harass regardless, but when you insult someone, don't be surprised when they no longer want to talk to you. You reap what you sow.
> Never said you should ignore them, because at the end of the day Riot is still taking feedback, just from other places. No but you certainly implied that Riot should ignore feedback if it's too "mean". > Places that don't wear down on their mentality. Well I would suggest having a higher mental fortitude. I've dealt with crappy people in the service industry but that doesn't mean I should treat the next guest with a scowl. > Similar to when a server asks someone else to take their table, because they earnestly think they can't handle dealing with them. I've had plenty of friends who are in the service industry, or have been, and those really bad customers? They take a real big toll on your mentality, so imagine that with one of the biggest games, with one of the most known toxic communities. Yeah, my mom was a waitress. She's told me plenty of horror stories. But the thing is that she did her job well with a smile anyway, and her *other* customers loved her for it. My point is that people are mean irl, you cannot go through life willing to shrivel up if someone says a meanie. > And once again, there is no part in the job that says a Dev has to interact with the community, and it's fully within their right to choose which platforms they interact on if they choose too, be it Reddit, Twitter, or the Boards. They have not stopped serving, they've simply chosen to be more courteous and nice to other tables, while silently giving you your food and then walking away for the others. Of course, and it's also completely in the customer's right to get up and walk out of the restaurant if they aren't being given what they asked for, and aren't being listened too. > Nobody should have to adjust to harassment. It's an unfortunate fact of life that there will be people out there who will harass regardless, but when you insult someone, don't be surprised when they no longer want to talk to you. You reap what you sow. But people do adjust, whether you like it or not, and if you're in the job of providing a service you have to learn to get some thick skin. And personally, I'd raise the bar on what "harassment" entails, because someone dropping expletives in their post doesn't immediately invalidate their points, that's a childish way of thinking. Someone taking the time to detail what they find wrong with the game isn't harassment. Only wanting to talk with people that are nice to you is a very good way to get all the wrong advice. If you want real criticism, don't get it all from your friends. They will more often omit glaring flaws to spare your feelings. I've gotten the harshest criticism of my writing from people I don't know, and that criticism has helped me the most.
: > Then that's on them for not being able to grow a backbone. The world doesn't have to adjust just so you can justify being an asshole. The first thing people tell you to do when you deal with a toxic player? Mute them. They don't tell you to just deal with them being assholes. The Boards aren't the sole place to gather feedback, they can get it from less toxic places. > Like I said, when they don't listen to the feedback, then the insults come after. But what if your feedback is, god forbid, wrong? What if it's bad? What if it doesn't actually solve a problem, or worse, creates new problems. Just because Riot doesn't implement your changes, doesn't mean your feedback isn't heard. The player is not always right. > If a vast majority oppose a change, THAT MEANS IT'S A BAD CHANGE Then show me this vast majority, because that's a statement you can't back up. You have the boards as your example. The Boards is far from a majority, let alone an accurate representation thanks to how echo chamber-esqe it can get.
I'd like to propose something. The mentality that if someone's mean to you then you're are justified to ignore them is damaging. And here's why. Let's go back to your McDonald's example. You're a server, and the customer's being rude. You are correct in that the customer shouldn't be rude, *however* that doesn't mean you can just turn around and ignore them. That will just make things 100x worse and will probably cause you to lose customers because it gives off the impression that you're so high and mighty that you won't listen to feedback unless it's delivered your away. What you do in any job where people are being rude is to serve them anyway, you don't know what people are going through in their personal lives to be rude right back to them, and as you're in the service industry your job is to serve with a smile. Anybody that worked in retail or fast food can tell you this. Right now Riot's the server that's turned his back to the entire restaurant because a few guests are being rude. As a result nobody feels like they're being heard. So why should we be justified to spend money and support a company that gives off the impression it doesn't care?
: > [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-07-18T21:42:22.802+0000) > > I've never understood Riven and Zac personally, it seemed the most random ship ever. I literally explained it in that comment. Someone commissioned hentai of them, once. And it blew up.
: >itemize to resist him doesn't he build lethaliity item as core and his ulti deals magic damage? oh wait you are arguing garen is weak wtf xd
> [{quoted}](name=LuxButt99,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZOWQXPbs,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T17:37:04.001+0000) > > doesn't he build lethaliity item as core and his ulti deals magic damage? > > oh wait you are arguing garen is weak wtf xd I'm not really commenting on your post but a friend of mine likes your username lol
Fasmodey (EUW)
: 2 years more. :) Veterinarian faculty is 5 years. What about your software engineering? (*am I right*)
Yep you're right, and I'm currently on year 4 of 5 (taking a minor in Cybersecurity so that's an extra year + or - a semester)
Terozu (NA)
: How in the 9 hells is the new death recap MORE BROKEN THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE.
I'd like to suggest that our devs have a very special set of skills.
Vıvıd (NA)
: No more login screens????????????????????
Yes please, I support this. Qiyana needs a login screen.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: > these could be seen as brotherly love and quarrel though, any man who has had a close non-romantic relationship with another man can relate to this. While I'm not really against the concept and could see that interpretation, i just really never thought of it as anything other than brothers in arms. I can't say anything against that. True it has brotherly love meaning too. But as we have enough brotherly love in league, I think it should have another meaning, otherwise, how can you show homosexual relationship without kissing, saying love you etc? You can care about someone romantically and protect them, it is not just straight thing you know. It is quite cool imo that both protect each other even when they are enemies (the part where both shot men of Gangplank behind each other's for example). > ehh that seems very loose I don't think it is loose. If you ask me, it is the biggest hint of story part. >T.F. figures hard for a moment. >“Hmm. Not sure about having you as a partner again – you’re even dumber than you used to be,” he finally answers. >“That’s alright. I’m not sure about havin’ a partner called Twisted Fate. Who the hell came up with that?” >“Well, it’s a damn sight better than my real name,” T.F. laughs. >“Fair enough,” I admit. >I grin. It feels just like the old days. Then I go stone faced and look him dead in the eye. >“Just one thing: You ever have mind to leave me holding the bag again, I’ll blow your goddamn head off. No questions.” >Fate’s laugh dies down, and for a moment, he glares back at me. Then, after a while, he just smiles. >“You got a deal.” Don't leave me ever again sounds very gay to me, I don't know. I don't remember hearing it from any friends in fiction. >I don't know if riot would go about that type on innuendo as it's actively offensive and points to the negative hypersexualization stereotype. It would be blatently prejudicial/stereotype oriented. But if this is all true WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY SWEATHEART GRAVES+TF SKINS? As a gay man, I don't find it offensive, hypersexualizating, or as any stereotype. Why do you think so? > ok that lends a lot of credence though, I mean it'd be a cooler relationship than the protestable concept of making taric gay. Personally i think the flambouyence on taric would lose its charm if he were confirmed homosexual, I'd almost prefer him to be strictly heterosexual just because it'd be a subversion. Noone can even argue that taric is feminine, he runs around bash shit with a hammer face to face, sure he's fabulous but he's definitely not a wimp... which is why I win via ragequit about a third of the time that i play taric top.... nobody expects the PTA damage auto spam Hard agree. Taric not gay is far more interesting than as gay to me. Tbh, I don't even find Taric feminine overly, sure he has some, but he has manliness too. I think he is balanced in that regard, which makes him even more interesting. But I hate the memes and stereotypes, so I would rather have him as panromantic asexual (loving everyone but not interested in sex) or something.
: Are you romantically involved with all of your friends? Just because two fictional characters were friends or comrades at some point does not mean they were lovers. That goes for men and women as well. And women and blob monsters (since apparently ONE commission of Zac x Riven hentai made _that_ a thing). No, they shouldn't put your ships into the lore. They also shouldn't put Goku in the game. Any other fanfictions we need to address? (and as far as "representation", if you want to go for _actual_ representation-- that is, proportional to the real world-- we would already have more than enough at 1 champion. But lucky for you, we have 2.)
I've never understood Riven and Zac personally, it seemed the most random ship ever.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:42:33.529+0000) > > Shoving it down people's throats blatantly and by changing existing characters into gay characters for the sake of representation has the opposite effect. > > If you want to move forward, dont try to rewrite history. Shoving sexuality down people's throat is nothing new. There's a literature genre made for it even. It's called the "romance" genre. Or I guess there's the smutty fanfiction, and I guess there's hentai. Or you know, the fact Hollywood has to insert a pointless romance subplot into just about every movie that came out of its doors in the last 2+ decades? Where's your complaint about that? Point is, "Shoving it down people's throats" is not really what you have complaints with, now is it? It's "shoving down things I don't like" that you have an issue with. And what's that, you don't like a gay person is gay and doesn't hide in the shadow about it? Too bad, suck it up big boy. I don't hear about gay people complaining about being shoved down throat about heterosexuality that's everywhere on TV and media, why are you complaining about this 1 or 2 gay ship? This isn't to say I support the rewrite of Varus into a completely different character with a different theme entirely; that's a questionable bait-and-switch (for a lack of better words) move that I do not support given it does come at the total expense of the original spirit and thematic of the character (rewrites are good if the spirit lives on). But treating it as if it's somehow a "representation problem" is just stupid. Unless you also believe re-writing Yi from being hundreds or thousands of years to being just regular 30ish years old is a move to represent 30 yo men at the expense of immortals, otherwise that makes no sense. It is also reality that gay people and others have been historically prosecuted for CENTURIES, abused and murdered for something as trivial as sexuality. We can not move forward without resolving centuries worth of stigma, prejudice, and hatred. And you resolve a problem by working against it, NOT ignore it. There is no one what rewrites history by working against a problem to resolve it. It is only a disrespect to history if you pretend ignorance will magically solve an age-long problem.
> Shoving sexuality down people's throat is nothing new. There's a literature genre made for it even. It's called the "romance" genre. Or I guess there's the smutty fanfiction, and I guess there's hentai. Main difference between League of Legends and the generic romance genre of media is that if you're going to buy a romance book or game, or sit down to watch a telenovella, you know what you're getting into. Is Xayah and Rakan's shtick annoying? Sure, and I wouldn't have written it. But you fail to understand the safety of writing a straight romance vs a gay one. It's all about numbers, and whether you like or not, people who aren't straight make up roughly 5% of the population. So if you write a straight romance you've created something that 95% of people can see themselves in, as opposed to if you write it in the other direction, you get 5% to relate. Now, seeing gay couples in media isn't as simple as "Gay love same as straight love" because it really isn't. You know it isn't. Love is not love, love is love when it's legal except we can change the law so the definition fluctuates. Point is that the reason that people like the romance genre, or find romance sweet is because: A: They can see themselves taking the role of one of the members of the couple. B: They have a kind of empathy and can feel the love the characters experience and melt C: They fetishize/find the pairing hot. Now, I'm in group A, and I'm a visceral person when it comes to experiences. Meaning that if it's written well I can very easily experience and feel what the characters feel. Now because I'm straight, the idea of me engaging in gay sex naturally repulses me. So I avoid those kind of stories. It's got nothing to do with me not wanting two other gay people to do whatever, I don't care. Similarly I hate heights and would never ever go skydiving, doesn't mean I hate skydivers. While sitgma and prejudice against homosexuality can go down, the idea that everybody will eventually like it if we keep putting them in enough media is naive at best. We can't even get everybody to agree that Hitler wasn't the nicest guy around, so what makes you think that everybody will agree on everything? You've got people right now that despise straight relationships, and they've been around as long as the human race has. You have to understand in your mind that the lgbt group of relationships is and always will be in the minority, so by the nature of statistics media companies will portray the more common set of relationships. For all you know gays could have complained about all the straight people in media, but even if every gay person in the world said "Stop writing stories about straight people", companies would look over, laugh, and continue on their way. Main idea here is that media appeals to the majority styling of relationship that exists in the world, they are not interchangable so stop acting like they are.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O7NAXjBs,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:33:14.779+0000) > > Counter question: why does sexuality matter at all, and why is 'representation' necessary? Because you fix a problem by working against it. No problems magically disappear if you leave it alone, you should know that. Since gay people and whatever have been historically demonised and prosecuted for must of relevant history in the west, you obviously have a lot of social stigma and prejudice stacked against them that you need to gradually eliminate. They say time heals all wounds, but yeah maybe if we wait hundreds or thousands of years, but no one has the time for that; antisemitism is still a thing after almost 20 centuries of its confirmed existence so it's safe to say waiting for time to do things simply isn't efficient at all. And one of the best way to do such a job, is via positive media representation. After all and to no one's surprise, the things you watch influences your worldview.
Alright, let me argue against representation for a moment. The main reason I don't agree with the idea of representation is because I don't hang my identity on my sexuality. I can relate to people not of my race, and people that aren't of my sexuality. Let me explain the best I can. Take Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. He's a beloved character by so many people not because of his race, sexuality, or even his gender. It's because of his personality, his arc, his journey. Because we aren't all farmboys, but we all want to be important in life, we all want to accomplish something great. And just like Luke, as kids we are often headstrong and reckless in our actions, like Luke we fail, lile Luke we pick ourselves back up and accomplish our dreams. That's the magic of a character, of someone like Luke. I relate to Tracer because she reminds me of the cheerful guy I used to be, not because of her sexuality or gender. Now let me be clear, I'm not putting all the blame on gay people for hanging their identity and self worth on their sexuality and how people receive it. As a kid I was known in school as that Latino kid. Other kids were known as that fat kid, or that goth kid. The issue is that a lot of us haven't grown past this limited perspective of who we are. I am not "that Latino guy", I am "a guy with a sarcastic sense of humor that loves cooking and writing stories that enrapture the mind". In a similar fashion I don't see representation just because a latino guy happens to be on screen, if he's an awful person I won't care about him. I see gay characters on screen not as representation but as newer perspectives and angles for storytelling. In my mind no one person can represent an entire group of people. My thinking is that if people want a trait to be normalized we shouldn't label people as just "that x person" we should focus on what matters, their personalities and their hopes and dreams. This argument holds true for race as well. I hate the term people of color, because that verbage implies a separation. As cheesy as it sounds we're all humans, homo sapiens.
ChunLii (NA)
: Aside, from Varus as LGTBQ+ representation, here are some other champions that could serve.
Varus isn't strong? Eh I was under the impression that darkin were pretty powerful.
: How about we don't make these assumptions. I am a guy and like to play female champions, surely there are more than enough girls out there playing male champions as well.
Never underestimate the power of gamers playing their waifus/husbandos.
: My point is, these Champions are made popular by men, and the men are buying these skins. Therefore, the fact that most of the prestigious skins are for female Champions is not a case of sexism, because these skins are for men as much as they are for women. Plus, it depends on the Champion. I think a Champion like Riven for example would show that the ratio you are interested in would show men buy more skins for her than women do.
The fact that there are more male gamers in general should make this a moot point really. Honestly they make prestigious skins for popular champs, otherwise they won't make money. It's not that difficult a concept.
Krizonar (NA)
: It would seem no one wants our poor princess.
> [{quoted}](name=Krizonar,realm=NA,application-id=jxzFAe03,discussion-id=HuBjfI7j,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-12T21:57:18.293+0000) > > It would seem no one wants our poor princess. I'll take her, but in a week after my finals are done.
Rioter Comments
: This is the funniest meme I've made to date
iiGazeii (NA)
: I think she's a lot of fun. Her ult is satisfying, her abilities are really smooth, and dodging stuff with her multiple dashes is exhilarating. Getting kills feels like you did something cool, not just launching every skillshot at your enemy and hoping they die. Timing your resets, choosing the right element, waiting just a moment to get a good angle with your E and your ult, stuff like that makes your choices feel meaningful.
her auto animations are beautiful as well.
c00face (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jack Eron,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T4bhhsK9,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-21T10:55:50.638+0000) > > Since you play in a teamwork game it's essential to cooperate with your teammates. New meta's can ruin the "normal" playstyle and if majority of them don't like your genius idea, then why the hell would you ruin your chances just because of yourself? You think in a teamwork game you have the right to do whatever you want how you want? If everyone follows this tactics then the game will be full of mess and madness. Ok... It's a team work game, blah blah blah. Listen buddy, in the court of law, I am going to ask you again. Did he break the policy or not? The answer is NO. There is no policy or rules that state that I have to play according to my team and how they think or feel. As far as being "ethical and morale and considerate" that's another story. That's between you and the person your playing with. But as far as legality, rule books, there is NO RULE that says I HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU. Get that ___ through your head. What part of this is so hard for you to understand that your brain can't comprehend? You cannot report a person because he refuse to communicate with you. There is no options for such a report because they REMOVED it. Your entire paragraph is literal base of feelings and emotions and how you think. Just because you think someone is an ahole, doesn't give YOU the RIGHT to boot them out of the game. That literally makes you the ahole, and yourself should get booted.
> [{quoted}](name=c00face,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=T4bhhsK9,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-21T18:09:32.392+0000) > > Ok... It's a team work game, blah blah blah. Listen buddy, in the court of law, I am going to ask you again. Did he break the policy or not? The answer is NO. > > There is no policy or rules that state that I have to play according to my team and how they think or feel. As far as being "ethical and morale and considerate" that's another story. That's between you and the person your playing with. > > But as far as legality, rule books, there is NO RULE that says I HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU. > > Get that ___ through your head. What part of this is so hard for you to understand that your brain can't comprehend? You cannot report a person because he refuse to communicate with you. There is no options for such a report because they REMOVED it. Your entire paragraph is literal base of feelings and emotions and how you think. Just because you think someone is an ahole, doesn't give YOU the RIGHT to boot them out of the game. That literally makes you the ahole, and yourself should get booted. This sounds a lot like you want to play the way you want and to heck with everyone else. I mean I can understand in theory, but do you realize that you are basically arguing in feelings and emotions yourself? You are basically interpreting the handbook in the most literal sense you can think of so that Nubrac doesn't get in trouble. Let me ask you this, where is the line to where your right to play how you want starts and where your teammate's rights to play how they want begin and end? Because if you think about it, Teemo going mid and playing how he wants actively interferes with how the mid player wants to play. So which player's desire to play wins in the end? Your argument is almost completely solid, but you have to consider the other person's rights to play how they want to as well.
: In light of the recent Nightblue3 controversy...
Only here to comment that I approve of your name. \#BestGirl
: > [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T17:10:57.736+0000) > > That's not how cultivation theory works. Listen, if you aim to restrict how creators make games based on some nonsense about *some* people in *some* situations *maybe* getting influenced to "bad thoughts" then you can f word right off. > Not having a playable female, when very much possible, is problematic. It's stricting player expression. I don't care, the game isn't for you to express yourself, it's for the player to have an experience the game creators want them to have.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-15T05:33:46.349+0000) > > Again, not how cultivation theory works. > > Except that's false. The experience you have in games should be your own and not what the creator intends. Just like a book, a game is open to interpretation. Ideas outside the author's intent are valid possibilities (hence the concept, "The Death of the Author"). There's no single way to play a game and that's a good thing. Creators shouldn't restrict how people play games. Taking away how people play games is bad. I replied to you but boards bug so I replied to myself by accident somehow. TL;DR books and games are only interpreted after the fact. Events are set in stone. I am perfectly in my ability to restrict certain choices for narrative reasons. You're perfectly welcome to male your own game however and have no restrictions.
: Honestly, this thread should have ended when he outed himself as a dirty socialist or when he said that nobody lies about sexual harassment and other heinous crimes. You DO realize that you cannot change people like him, right?
> [{quoted}](name=MunchingDragon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-06-16T14:09:00.711+0000) > > Honestly, this thread should have ended when he outed himself as a dirty socialist or when he said that nobody lies about sexual harassment and other heinous crimes. You DO realize that you cannot change people like him, right? No but it is amusing to make fun of him and point out glaring flaws in his reasoning.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: I don't understand why enchanters are allowed to have no counterplay
Your core thesis is wrong, enchanters absolutely have counterplay. It's called heavy engage and burst. Supports like Leo and Thresh love enchanters because they're easy to bully in lane and if they make one mistake they're dead in seconds. Maybe the game's changed in the last few months since I played seriously but I'm going to assume this still works.
: Your argument makes it sound like only 1 champion can be a direct counter to another which isn't realistic. Take the time to see different arguments and maybe you'll gain some respectability from him.
: > [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T17:10:57.736+0000) > > That's not how cultivation theory works. Listen, if you aim to restrict how creators make games based on some nonsense about *some* people in *some* situations *maybe* getting influenced to "bad thoughts" then you can f word right off. > Not having a playable female, when very much possible, is problematic. It's stricting player expression. I don't care, the game isn't for you to express yourself, it's for the player to have an experience the game creators want them to have.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-15T05:33:46.349+0000) > > Again, not how cultivation theory works. I'm not concerned with how it works, at this point I only care about what results from it. And if what results from it is the attempts to censor consumer media because of what a few people may do, I'm vehemently against it. > Except that's false. The experience you have in games should be your own and not what the creator intends. Just like a book, a game is open to interpretation. Ideas outside the author's intent are valid possibilities (hence the concept, "The Death of the Author"). There's no single way to play a game and that's a good thing. Creators shouldn't restrict how people play games. Taking away how people play games is bad. I will concede to a point, your experience in a game is unique within the limits established by the game. For example you're not going to do a pacifist run through Call of Duty, no matter how much you may want to. When you're playing Super Mario Odyssey, no matter how much you want to, you cannot fly to the end of a level because it's too hard. Your expression is limited to what constraints the game has put on you, and that is true of every game. Even the most "inclusive" games has limits on your player experience. What if I want to kill all the NPCs in Assassin's Creed Black Flag with no consequence? What do you mean I'm marked as a result? That's not the experience I want! There are only a few reasonable ways to interpret a book or game. As a matter of fact you cannot interpret how a book or game works, the game will not change its storyline for you, and a book will read the exact same way no matter how many times you read it. What changes is what you take away from it, but your journey through will be on a fixed path. And I disagree, playing a game to its end and achieving the goals within successfully is a good way to play the game. Creators have every right to restrict how people play their game if it's for a narrative reason. No, I am not going to allow you to walk out of bounds in an open world game or you'll get lost in an infinite plane of reality. No, I'm not going to allow you to change your appearance if the game's story is about a specific character and his experience in the narrative. No, I'm not going to allow you to play as a princess if my story needs you to be a prince.
: > [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:12:25.101+0000) > > Or the more realistic conclusion that Call of Duty is a videogame, and once you leave the game world you carry on with life as normal. Seriously, people like you think that adults are overgrown children that need constant guidance 24/7 lest they get influenced to slap a woman's butt in public or shoot up a school. It's really getting annoying. > That's not how cultivation theory works. > > Okay this video is a meandering mess of annoyance. But to sum it up, the fact that the more media you consume the more it influences some people's worldview is kind of a given, however I would place the blame more on people for the use of their time than on game creators. Also, this is all just giving people ideas about what's out there, not how to respond. It's on the people to respond in the way they see fit, and if you let TV and videogames raise your kids than of course you should expect their perception of reality to be warped. And btw, not having playable female characters isn't a problematic thing, it's a creative choice. Only bringing this up because this is one of the things in the video that annoyed me. Not having a playable female, when very much possible, is problematic. It's stricting player expression.
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T17:10:57.736+0000) > > That's not how cultivation theory works. Listen, if you aim to restrict how creators make games based on some nonsense about *some* people in *some* situations *maybe* getting influenced to "bad thoughts" then you can f word right off. > Not having a playable female, when very much possible, is problematic. It's stricting player expression. I don't care, the game isn't for you to express yourself, it's for the player to have an experience the game creators want them to have.
: ***
Good thing we're not in a game isn't it. The rules are different depending on context. Dude you say you're only talking facts and at the same time say that Obama only killed Bin Laden to keep him quiet. I am going to need a citation for that, I'm not taking your word for it. You're moving goalposts because first you say Obama has done nothing while Trump's done everything. A pretty obvious lie. I point out that Obama has indeed done stuff and you handwave it. When you ignore things I say it's no wonder you think you can win arguments.
: > [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEq6bbVB,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:18:03.801+0000) > > Personally I'd say " far leftist" because I know many Liberal people who believe in individual freedoms and don't support censorship at all. The very definition of "Liberal" is litterally "People who values individual freedom".
> [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEq6bbVB,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:27:53.626+0000) > > The very definition of "Liberal" is litterally "People who values individual freedom". Yeah ik, just adding an anecdote to support my claim that Liberals typically aren't for censorship so OP using Liberal is an inaccurate term.
: > [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-13T21:01:31.122+0000) > > - Still sells overly sexually exploitive skins that objectify woman Okay, as a woman I have such a problem when men or feminist say stuff like this.I hate this notion that covering us up is empowerment, and that refusing to let us show any sex appeal and only covering us up - is empowering. It reminds me of the interview I saw with the new MK11 artist who is the sole reason MK11's female cast are completely covered up......he basically said this whole thing about how it's not realistic to have women fighting in next to nothing and it's insulting to show women with so much bare skin and so on. Meanwhile, MK11 is filled with a ton of unrealistic shirtless tight-af pants wearing MALE costumes. I'm sure it's not realistic for the average male gamer to see these absurdly buffed male characters with next to nothing on - but that's okay right? It's only empowering when you cover up women right?? To quote another female who streams and cosplays, "Have you ever stopped to think that maybe I enjoy showing my body off? I'm not doing it because I feel like I have to for something as trivial as views or followers, I'm doing it because I enjoy it and I'm proud of how I look." This streamer got a lot of crap from feminist when she posted this to her social media a few weeks ago, but I was also happy to see a lot of other females defend her and her right to do wtf she wants and dress how she wants. This leads me to the irony of feminist, and feminist-sympathizing men....you claim it's degrading to sexualize women, and that gaming companies shouldn't make revealing/sexy skins FOR OUR BENEFIT - but that is actually FORCING your opinion on us - as if we need to be told what to wear and what to like on female bodies(be it in video games, or irl) to be proud empowered women???!?!?!?!?!!? So I'm empowered if you cover me up and deny me my sexuality. That's empowering??? It's empowering to yell at a company for making ANY sexy skins for women - insinuating that they should cover up the women more "for their own good and sense of empowerment" - but somehow that's not belittling or patronizing!?!?!?! **T - H - E -- I - R - O - N - Y** I am a grown woman, and I enjoy looking at absurdly unrealistic and sexy skins for female AND male champs. I don't mind talking about new heroes being thicc or beef-cakes or daddys, or wtf ever. I don't look to a video game for realistic representations of women OR men........ Also, lets not act like Riot only ever puts out sexual skins for their female characters. That is pure hogwash. Did you not just see the IG skins? Did you not just see the new Karma skin? Spare me this bs notion that Riot only sexualizes their female characters and skins and provides no other options at all There are options for those who don't want sexy outfits.......and there should be! But there should also be options for those of us who actually like sexy/revealing skins without us dealing with being called sexist creeps or pervs if male, and "bad" women who should be ashamed of themselves if female. **I am not any less of a woman for liking sexy/revealing skins and not finding female sexuality something that should hidden and covered up - so spare me that bs.**
> [{quoted}](name=xox BaByDoLL xox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-06-14T05:06:15.846+0000) > > So I'm empowered if you cover me up and deny me my sexuality. That's empowering??? > It's empowering to yell at a company for making ANY sexy skins for women - insinuating that they should cover up the women more "for their own good and sense of empowerment" - but somehow that's not belittling or patronizing!?!?!?! Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Feminist the male? I thought not. It's not a story the Liberals would tell you. It's a far left legend. Darth Feminist was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so jealous he could used media to influence other males to respect and avoid women... He had such a knowledge of women's issues that he could even keep the ones he cared about from falling for other men. The dark side of feminism is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was not getting the girl, which of course, he never did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice accused him of not respecting women enough, killing his career. It's ironic he could save women from men, but he didn't think it included himself.
: > [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:05:13.967+0000) > nobody can know, our view depends on the environment we encountered. And I encountered a lot of people who are sensible to be affected by fictional media. Beside, I always had the feeling that mankind was dumb, if people voted Macron in France isn't a proof of that then idk what it is. The environment I grew up in completely contradicts your assertion, so I'm free to ignore it then? > I am concerned about things like that ye It's fiction. Stop worrying about what other people find entertaining, it's a yoke that will keep your head in other people's fields instead of your own.
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:19:52.147+0000) > > I'm not worried, but I do know that it will affect people, because I dot not hold as much faith in humanity as you. But you said > I am concerned about things like that ye So which is it.
: Is it just me or has Liberal media and agenda finally bled into the Videogame communities?
> It's just a weird feeling and I mean no offense to anyone when I write 'Liberal' because, I mean, how else could you describe the censorship and public harassment from individuals about certain types of games/troupes/cliches often used in the gaming world. Personally I'd say " far leftist" because I know many Liberal people who believe in individual freedoms and don't support censorship at all.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=TyrekGoldenspear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T10:56:00.322+0000) > > So you're saying you actually don't know how many people would actually believe that nobody can know, our view depends on the environment we encountered. And I encountered a lot of people who are sensible to be affected by fictional media. Beside, I always had the feeling that mankind was dumb, if people voted Macron in France isn't a proof of that then idk what it is. > Okay, then you should be more concerned about people who buy slasher films. I am concerned about things like that ye
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gsgOGrEu,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T11:05:13.967+0000) > nobody can know, our view depends on the environment we encountered. And I encountered a lot of people who are sensible to be affected by fictional media. Beside, I always had the feeling that mankind was dumb, if people voted Macron in France isn't a proof of that then idk what it is. The environment I grew up in completely contradicts your assertion, so I'm free to ignore it then? > I am concerned about things like that ye It's fiction. Stop worrying about what other people find entertaining, it's a yoke that will keep your head in other people's fields instead of your own.
Show more

TyrekGoldenspear

Level 167 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion