: I don't understand the "low effort" rule
I have two questions I ask myself: **How am I intended to respond to/feel about this content?** If the author simply intends for me to join them in complaining, it's probably getting removed. Similarly, posters who just throw something out there in the hope discussion happens are probably going to have their content removed. **How does the community respond to/feel about this content?** Most of what I see is what the community reports, so this is usually not great. Sometimes, however, a post I would remove gets enough traction that productive conversation results. This isn't that common, but I do leave them up.
: All Girl League of Legends Worlds and Series
This thread has spun out of control with comments speculating about what genders are and are not good at. As such, it has been locked. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
: so who went? looks fun
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEGpztMY,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-20T05:11:03.355+0000) > > so who went? looks fun Me Periscope From the Cosmos Laz Wuks The Djinn Jikker Attysu the Poro Prandine (The 10th person in the photo is not associated with the volunteer programs)
: What a nice post. I enjoyed your descriptions of LA as if it was some weird exotic place. I take it for granted.
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Dalloway,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEGpztMY,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-10-20T06:10:25.484+0000) > > What a nice post. I enjoyed your descriptions of LA as if it was some weird exotic place. I take it for granted. I wouldn't say exotic. I'm just mentally geared to notice and comment on things in my surroundings. I have a whole Facebook photo album of things I've seen in my home town.
  Rioter Comments
MicHiiX (EUNE)
: This whole beta acces is SCAM. Riot made fool out of us. I've asked thousands of people and havent found one that got acces and isnt an influencer. Some of them claimed to have the acces, but whenever i asked for proof like screen of the email or in game screen, all just stopped answering. At this point I am so angry with this politics that im goin to advice everybody to stop playing all riot games. I stopped care about the new game allready. This is so big scam and waste of time for all of those people spending hours of watchtime on twitch to get acces to this game. Also, all the streamers started to saying superlatives about riot games. Usually it was other way around. Nobody liked the company, everybody complained since i remember, and now i hear from streamer that a year ago was blaming riot all the way down that its amazing company with very nice support and all the games they will make gonna be the best ones. It smells sh** from mile. What they did with annoucing of the LoR, should be forbidden. Someone should go to court and make them pay for all this unfair marketing. It's simply based on lies creating hype with payed streamers and a blackmail community.
> [{quoted}](name=MicHiiX,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PYE9Wsd6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-17T22:49:11.189+0000) > > This whole beta acces is SCAM. Riot made fool out of us. I've asked thousands of people and havent found one that got acces and isnt an influencer. Some of them claimed to have the acces, but whenever i asked for proof like screen of the email or in game screen, all just stopped answering. > > At this point I am so angry with this politics that im goin to advice everybody to stop playing all riot games. I stopped care about the new game allready. This is so big scam and waste of time for all of those people spending hours of watchtime on twitch to get acces to this game. > > Also, all the streamers started to saying superlatives about riot games. Usually it was other way around. Nobody liked the company, everybody complained since i remember, and now i hear from streamer that a year ago was blaming riot all the way down that its amazing company with very nice support and all the games they will make gonna be the best ones. It smells sh** from mile. > > What they did with annoucing of the LoR, should be forbidden. Someone should go to court and make them pay for all this unfair marketing. It's simply based on lies creating hype with payed streamers and a blackmail community. https://imgur.com/L2tfIOm Yes, a small number of people got in automatically, but not because they are influencers. Everyone that went to the Riot 10 Year Anniversary party got automatic access, but that's less than 100 people. Lots more got in the regular way.
: so because i laughed at
Good afternoon, Callout threads like this are not okay. We consider them harassment and remove them as such. I've chosen instead to edit out the name, as there are some concepts here that need to be addressed. >The person you name is a secondary account for a mod. That is not the case. Every moderator goes through a probationary period during which we train them in a variety of areas, sockpuppeting being among them. Most of the moderation team doesn't even have a smurf they _could_ post with, much less one that's active on the boards. Further, a goodly portion of the team never downvotes. Of those that do, most of them do not downvote comments on threads where they post in an official capacity. > Again, the Herald told me that they all had multiple accounts. Even claimed he had more than 1... ask him! That’s what was told to me when I figured it out. > > “Big deal! Even I have more than 1 account,” was the exact phrasing. There are only five of us, which makes it easy to double check, not that this is something a Herald would be likely to say regardless. Simply put, this is untrue. If you are going to promote falsehoods like this, you should be prepared to get called out on them. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
: TIL That Tencents Riot Games and Blizzard have dealt in the past
Locking this thread while I clean it up. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
: Reiterating what Imperial Pandaa said, the most important thing is to report the post that you think is breaking either the Universal Rules or the guidelines of a specific sub- board. Choosing the right category is not as important since every report gets reviewed however, an effort should still be put into marking the correct category because the moderator then knows exactly what to look for and it saves us some time. (hopefully what I said is correct and if not other mods are free to correct me or add something to it!)
> [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=jmktX5GY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-12T17:06:46.637+0000) > > Reiterating what Imperial Pandaa said, the most important thing is to report the post that you think is breaking either the Universal Rules or the guidelines of a specific sub- board. Choosing the right category is not as important since every report gets reviewed however, an effort should still be put into marking the correct category because the moderator then knows exactly what to look for and it saves us some time. (hopefully what I said is correct and if not other mods are free to correct me or add something to it!) Picking the right category is of minimal importance.
Eybdoog (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-11T03:57:36.944+0000) > > Because it's not fit for Gameplay. It's nothing more than a meandering rant. Wow. You guys are stooping to an all time low. My opinions are a meandering rant. Just because I don’t agree with you. It’s pretty obvious to everyone what is happening. You can keep pretending that this game isn’t in dire straits if you want but it’ll burn you in the long run
> [{quoted}](name=Eybdoog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xNVALLYV,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:05:48.691+0000) > > Wow. You guys are stooping to an all time low. My opinions are a meandering rant. Just because I don’t agree with you. It’s pretty obvious to everyone what is happening. You can keep pretending that this game isn’t in dire straits if you want but it’ll burn you in the long run Perhaps you should try looking at your post from my perspective. How can I interact with your content other than no either agree or disagree with your complaints? > Wins feel like meh > > Losses are actually painful and feel like psychological torture > > So many champions have ABSURD hit boxes Take that section. Why aren't wins exciting to you? Why are losses so painful? Which champions have poorly designed hit boxes? Are you talking about their actual hit boxes of those of their abilities? Are you talking about how hooks conform? The fact there's no way to have a discussion is why your post belongs someplace other than Gameplay.
Eybdoog (NA)
: Why Does This Keep Getting Deleted from Gameplay Board?
Because it's not fit for Gameplay. It's nothing more than a meandering rant.
Cpt Foxy (NA)
: Reducing a ban?
It's highly unlikely and you should probably post the chat logs. Going straight to a 14-day is a sign of either consistent toxicity or a really severe incident.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=0000000800000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:45:46.703+0000) > > I think you're misrepresenting what's going on. > > There are lots of characters who represent the majority and that's fine. The problem comes in when the company tries to introduce something intended for a different audience and the majority call that politicizing a game. Yes, if you introduce a character who looks, breathes and speaks trendy social issues, people will call it politicizing a game and for a good reason. Let me explain that. Introducing a badass female character who completes the lore, is her own person and fun to play = cool. Introducing a female character who uses words "patriarchy", "masculinity" in a world that has nothing to do with ours/tried to be badass but keeps making everything about her, a woman, doing a man's job/quoting activist Twitter unironically = someone has made a homunculus out of their political views and now is forcing it down the player's throat. And the players didn't come here for this. That goes for any group, including transgender people. However, with trans people, this issue is heavily polarized IRL - people can't even make up their minds whether trans people need dysphoria or not, so trying to introduce a transgender to a setting that has nothing to do with HRS or binding will go tits up. A heavily upgraded chem baron who decided to make a surgery just because he can? Nah, can't have that, it's transphobic. A Loki-style shapeshifter? Nah, can't have that, it's transphobic as well. So, we're stuck with a character who mentions binding or lectures people on being trans in their quotes. Amazing. > In fact, it's the majority politicizing things at that point by demanding that all content be relevant to only them, rather than allowing the company to create whatever content they think best. The majority doesn't demand anything. They don't want the characters to be relevant to them. Urgot is in no way relevant to me, but he is one of my faves because I enjoy everything about his design. I don't think any character from a League roaster is really relevant to anyone besides "they look cool". Not to mention I've always been amused by the idea that people come to a multiplayer game where your own team will wish death upon you for buying the wrong trinket because they look for representation and self-validation. What they do dislike, is when they are told that them treating games as entertainment is wrong. They don't like to be called horrible people (by people who know nothing about them or their life, no less!) for just enjoying a game that was made for everyone. I can bet all my free coffee coupons that if game developers introduce a genderless blob of energy and say "we just thought it was cool and had fun designing their abilities", nobody would give a damn. But if they act preachy and smug, claiming that this design challenges "heteronormative concepts of character design", then the players will be pissed. Yes, a random character doesn't affect anyone - but the idea behind their design makes people wonder whether the developers care about their social image and making a fashion statement more than they care about the game (*cough* Mass Effect Andromeda *cough*) > Begrudging others things that speak to them is just selfish. You have enough toys to play with. Let others have theirs. I'm sorry, was there a memo or something? Women are only allowed to play with female characters? Men are only allowed to play with male characters? Kids should play with kids only and, oh, only monsters are allowed to play with monsters?
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=00000008000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T21:46:59.004+0000) > > Yes, if you introduce a character who looks, breathes and speaks trendy social issues, people will call it politicizing a game and for a good reason. That's your privilege speaking. Now, before you get all triggered by the word, please try to understand why it's relevant. You know what'm doing today? Celebrating Yom Kippur. I stayed home and had a great time. Except, of course, that I had to use my PTO and make a request. Christians don't have to do that where I work. They get their holidays off just fine. Me being Jewish is not a "social issue". I deserve to exist in the same spaces and have the same privileges as everyone else. I tolerate the inequality because, frankly, every time you try to point out to privileged people that inequality exists, the main reactions are defensiveness and erasure. Being gay is not a "social issue". Being trans is not a "social issue". People thinking they can ignore people not in the majority is very much a social issue. > Let me explain that. > > Introducing a badass female character who completes the lore, is her own person and fun to play = cool. > Introducing a female character who uses words "patriarchy", "masculinity" in a world that has nothing to do with ours/tried to be badass but keeps making everything about her, a woman, doing a man's job/quoting activist Twitter unironically = someone has made a homunculus out of their political views and now is forcing it down the player's throat. And the players didn't come here for this. Yes, let's resort to caricatures and strawman arguments. That's helpful. If you can't discuss the lives of non-privileged people without resorting to phrases like "forcing it down the player's throats", you probably shouldn't comment on them at all, as you've made it abundantly clear that you don't understand or sympathize with them and you have no intention of learning or changing. How you talk about people, their lives and their issues matters. in this case, if people want a "raging feminist" and Riot designs one, then the best thing to do would be to remain silent. It's not about you. > That goes for any group, including transgender people. However, with trans people, this issue is heavily polarized IRL - people can't even make up their minds whether trans people need dysphoria or not, so trying to introduce a transgender to a setting that has nothing to do with HRS or binding will go tits up. A heavily upgraded chem baron who decided to make a surgery just because he can? Nah, can't have that, it's transphobic. A Loki-style shapeshifter? Nah, can't have that, it's transphobic as well. None of those things are true. Singed exists. I don't know if you're referring to Ahri or Neeko with the second, but that's irrelevant, as both exist. > The majority doesn't demand anything. They don't want the characters to be relevant to them. Urgot is in no way relevant to me, but he is one of my faves because I enjoy everything about his design. I don't think any character from a League roaster is really relevant to anyone besides "they look cool". Not to mention I've always been amused by the idea that people come to a multiplayer game where your own team will wish death upon you for buying the wrong trinket because they look for representation and self-validation. People like things that speak to them. Let others enjoy what they like as you enjoy what you like. Not sure why you can't just let people be. > What they do dislike, is when they are told that them treating games as entertainment is wrong. They don't like to be called horrible people (by people who know nothing about them or their life, no less!) for just enjoying a game that was made for everyone. The way you describe it, League _isn't_ for everyone. It's for you and people like you. Everyone assumes Ezrael and Taric are gay, but it can't be in the offical lore because people's heads would explode. Were you even around for the whole Varus controversy? OMG, the people who were merged to make him were two gay men! The horror! Those people were shockingly invested in that lore the moment it became not about them. I bet they were all Varus mains who wrote fanfic based on the old lore, right? It had _nothing_ to do with having a tiny sliver of their precious privilege stripped away. > I can bet all my free coffee coupons that if game developers introduce a genderless blob of energy and say "we just thought it was cool and had fun designing their abilities", nobody would give a damn. But if they act preachy and smug, claiming that this design challenges "heteronormative concepts of character design", then the players will be pissed. Yes, a random character doesn't affect anyone - but the idea behind their design makes people wonder whether the developers care about their social image and making a fashion statement more than they care about the game (*cough* Mass Effect Andromeda *cough*) Again, the terms you use are telling. "Preachy and smug"? Really? > I'm sorry, was there a memo or something? Women are only allowed to play with female characters? Men are only allowed to play with male characters? Kids should play with kids only and, oh, only monsters are allowed to play with monsters? That wasn't what I was saying at all and I think you know that. League has plenty of options for people who identify or prefer white characters, heteronormative characters, and the like. Changing or adding things that appeal to a different segment of the fan base shouldn't be seen as a bad thing or as a challenge. Personally, I'm disappointed they dropped the trans portion of Taliyah's lore. When you're in the minority, it can often be difficult to feel seen. Having a trans character would have been a good way to allow some people to connect with the game and the world. It might also have exposed people to something they only knew or understood obliquely, changing their prejudices or maybe even eliminating them. I know The Ellen Degeneres Show exposed a lot of people to the idea that gay people exist and golly if there weren't a whole bunch of people making the "shove it in our face" argument. They were wrong then. You're wrong now. Diversity and representation belong in League.
gizmo666 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qNBvbIHA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:39:00.124+0000) > > Political discussions were disallowed before this latest Chinese government situation. So it's not like political topics are disallowed because of the latest news. > > Political topics are disallowed because it almost assuredly turns into insulting bickering (and often worse than just bickering) with absolutely no constructive purpose. I see your point and respect it. I still think it would be good for the community to speak up about this issue. This issue is relevant to a current situation in which the Chinese government is trying to silence people. Discussion about whether trump is a dingus or not are pointless and futile. This feels different to me.
> [{quoted}](name=gizmo666,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qNBvbIHA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:47:48.244+0000) > > I see your point and respect it. I still think it would be good for the community to speak up about this issue. This issue is relevant to a current situation in which the Chinese government is trying to silence people. Discussion about whether trump is a dingus or not are pointless and futile. This feels different to me. Speak up in places where it can do some good. If nothing else, start an online petition to boycott Riot if they do censor players or announcers. It would be permissible to link to it here. You can talk about how Riot handles this situation all you want. What you cannot do is discuss the underlying situation with Hong Kong.
: would tons of people boycotting this game "influence the situation at hand"? because posts like this are certainly going to push people in that direction. get off your high-horse pls.
> [{quoted}](name=Shrek Luigi,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=0015000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T20:35:15.428+0000) > > would tons of people boycotting this game "influence the situation at hand"? because posts like this are certainly going to push people in that direction. get off your high-horse pls. I'll believe it when the slacktivists actually do something.
: > [{quoted}](name=Sunbreaker,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=00000008,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:01:54.605+0000) > > I don't understand the 50+ dislikes, It's true. Riot would never make a political stance , especially if it's anti-chinese Because of the transgender Taliyah, I think. Not that I can blame them. In general, I think that a MOBA should not be a political arena in any way - and that developers should not make their game a platform for anything else other than entertainment. However, Rito have been trying to present themselves as a paragon of tolerance and anti-oppression yet somehow they were as loud and outspoken against alleged evil white males threatening minorities at the event as they are silent and even, dare I say, _silencing_ during certain events that didn't involve white males in any way, only the groups that are not that rewarding to criticize. Hypocrisy at its finest.
> [{quoted}](name=BoringLittleF,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=000000080000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:24:38.925+0000) > > Because of the transgender Taliyah, I think. Not that I can blame them. > > In general, I think that a MOBA should not be a political arena in any way - and that developers should not make their game a platform for anything else other than entertainment. However, Rito have been trying to present themselves as a paragon of tolerance and anti-oppression yet somehow they were as loud and outspoken against alleged evil white males threatening minorities at the event as they are silent and even, dare I say, _silencing_ during certain events that didn't involve white males in any way, only the groups that are not that rewarding to criticize. > > Hypocrisy at its finest. I think you're misrepresenting what's going on. There are lots of characters who represent the majority and that's fine. The problem comes in when the company tries to introduce something intended for a different audience and the majority call that politicizing a game. In fact, it's the majority politicizing things at that point by demanding that all content be relevant to only them, rather than allowing the company to create whatever content they think best. I'm not gay, but a gay champion doesn't affect me at all. I'm not trans, but a trans champion doesn't affect me at all. Begrudging others things that speak to them is just selfish. You have enough toys to play with. Let others have theirs.
: The moderator, Jikker, is censoring anything that speaks unfavorably of Riot's Chinese overlords. Don't let that stop any of you from speaking out though. It's a weak tactic and it shows the greed and manipulation harbored by Riot, as well as their fear that any of us might rightly speak out.
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-10-09T16:51:21.671+0000) > > The moderator, Jikker, is censoring anything that speaks unfavorably of Riot's Chinese overlords. Don't let that stop any of you from speaking out though. It's a weak tactic and it shows the greed and manipulation harbored by Riot, as well as their fear that any of us might rightly speak out. That simply isn't true and this will be your only warning to stop. Jikker is moderating the boards correctly, as not permitting political or social speech is the standard here. The posts that have been removed have been due to violating the very narrow exception for subjects relating to Riot, gaming or net neutrality. As Jikker noted, it is permissible to discuss what the announcers did. It is **not** acceptable to discuss the political situation that serves as a backdrop.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2019-10-09T16:04:05.216+0000) > > Hey all, > > While discussing Riot's interactions with China's policy in relation to Hong Kong is one of the few exceptions we have to the rules regarding social/political commentary, we do need to make sure that the conversation remains focused on Riot's actions and avoid any discussions related to China and Hong Kong themselves. > > Thanks > > {{sticker:poppy-wink}} Oh no, it's the thought policeman, Jikker, removing any content he disagrees with. Weak. You guys are going to lose face for this. It's thinly veiled propaganda and thought control, not for the sake of keeping order or protecting players from harassment or offensive speech, but because you guys have to protect your Communist Chinese dictators and enforce their decrees.
> [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=m9QMwyHU,comment-id=00150002,timestamp=2019-10-09T16:49:45.677+0000) > > Oh no, it's the thought policeman, Jikker, removing any content he disagrees with. Weak. You guys are going to lose face for this. It's thinly veiled propaganda and thought control, not for the sake of keeping order or protecting players from harassment or offensive speech, but because you guys have to protect your Communist Chinese dictators and enforce their decrees. You're allowed to think that, just as we're allowed to think having political discussions on a board dedicated to a video game is futile. You're not going to sway any opinions here. You're not going to influence the situation at hand, mostly because the likeliest limit to your involvement is just making a fuss here. If you were genuinely passionate about this subject, you would be elsewhere, affecting real change.
: Boards are dead?
As the OP has made it clear they aren't looking for advice or genuine discussion, this thread has been locked. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=eOwyAj3n,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-08T18:24:07.598+0000) > > I'm not seeing an action of this type on the account you're posting from. Are you discussing an action on another account or perhaps in another region? I dont know what actions you are talking about... I made a thread here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/VFqfwj3b-riot-vs-understanding?show=flat&page=2 where one of your co-workers stated that when I ask for someones age its because I want to harass them <- But like I explain here in this thread, that is not the case at all and I ask you and other peopel related to riot how you can think that way in general and about your fellow summoners? <-
> [{quoted}](name=MuteAllFromStart,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=eOwyAj3n,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-08T18:27:42.510+0000) > > I dont know what actions you are talking about... I made a thread here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/VFqfwj3b-riot-vs-understanding?show=flat&page=2 where one of your co-workers stated that when I ask for someones age its because I want to harass them <- But like I explain here in this thread, that is not the case at all and I ask you and other peopel related to riot how you can think that way in general and about your fellow summoners? <- I've read your chat logs from that thread and, if the Tribunal were still in place, I would have voted to punish. If I had been in that match with you, I would have reported you. I say these things because you spent entirely too much time picking at people and trying to tell them what to do. In your future matches, if you can't speak to others in positive, constructive and respectful way, then you should just refrain from using chat. You should also never ask people their age during a match; you're either being super-creepy or it's an obvious lead in to an ad hominem.
: Reposting: Gameplay Board Using Wukong Quote is Ironic
> [{quoted}](name=Gold Grenade,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=szhhX8wJ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-08T19:06:42.336+0000) > > My post about the irony of using a Wukong quote on the Gameplay boards when that character has been nerfed to shit got removed for "violating board rules" when it didn't violate any board rules. This content was removed as not being appropriate to the Gameplay sub-board. We expect posts there to be relevant to League of Legends and be generally constructive in nature. This would include requests for suggestions on builds, matchups, tactics and the like. Posts that are largely complaining should be directed to either RANT or General Discussion.
: Rioters missunderstanding
I'm not seeing an action of this type on the account you're posting from. Are you discussing an action on another account or perhaps in another region?
lalopo1 (EUW)
: Chat is not enough for me to permaban somebody, give me replay, win rate, elo, how many time have the players played their champs. First timing is negative. Trolling is negative. Having a negative winrate (for example 40%) you guessed it negative.
> [{quoted}](name=lalopo1,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OYdvMX33,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-06T19:09:03.584+0000) > > Chat is not enough for me to permaban somebody, give me replay, win rate, elo, how many time have the players played their champs. > First timing is negative. > Trolling is negative. > Having a negative winrate (for example 40%) you guessed it negative. Those are all opinions you can have. A bunch of us disagree, though.
lalopo1 (EUW)
: Have you checked the replay?? "You weren't getting trolled by anyone" Have you personally checked his replay? Could we see it as well? Thank you.
> [{quoted}](name=lalopo1,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OYdvMX33,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2019-10-06T18:59:28.612+0000) > > Have you checked the replay?? "You weren't getting trolled by anyone" Have you personally checked his replay? Could we see it as well? > Thank you. It wouldn't matter if he was being trolled. Someone else's behavior does not excuse what the OP did.
Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aANfAK6j,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-06T12:46:46.902+0000) > > How to place issues with matchmaking has been a persistent problem for a while now. It has mostly to do with how we curate the Boards. > > Curation is different from moderation. With moderation, we're removing things that make the boards a worse place. This is mostly insults, but does include things like discussions that tend to lead to arguments, offensive content and hate speech. This is the majority of what we do. > > Curation is where we try to make the Boards more usable, which basically comes down to trying to encourage posts that are helpful and relevant. One of the main complaints we get is about the large amount of low-effort or misplaced content. That's because people go into the various sub-boards expecting to see specific kinds of content. If everything was just in one big lump, no one would ever find anything. > > You don't pick up Sports Illustrated to find recipes for easy, one-pot dinner recipes. That's curation in action. > > We get a ton of complaints about Gameplay, which is why we created RANT. We also have a couple of other things we're working on for that Board, but it's slow going. Which brings us back to your content. > > The problem with matchmaking as a gameplay topic is that it's not something players can manipulate. The choice to duo queue is very binary and the effect of that choice is largely under the hood. WE don't have specifics on how that choice affects matchmaking, so the majority of the conversation defaults to complaining about it how it creates unbalanced situations, which in turn activates observation bias. > > Riot's algorithms highly prioritize speed of matchmaking over quality. They also use different MMR's for different environments and different positions. When you see what appears to be an example of poor matchmaking, is it because the available pool was small and they did the best they could? Is it because someone got auto-filled? Is it because they were bored and casually queued for a position they don't normally play? > > For all these reasons, it's simply not possible to look at a specific match and say "these people were selected because Brittany and Joe decided to queue together." It also not possible to speak authoritatively about the size of the difference duo queuing makes. This means most posts about this topic really belong in RANT, because they don't inform or engage the reader beyond the complaint. > > Your post was significantly more reasoned than most - especially in the responses - but it's still a judgement call on the part of the moderator. I might have let this one go. This moderator chose otherwise and I can't really fault them for that. > > As for where the thread should have lived? Probably GD? As I said, that's always been a problem for discussions about matchmaking. I feel like a well-articulated complaint does better there than anywhere else. It gets more responses and better visibility. So if you guys dont know, let alone have any rules, about where to put matchmaking threads, why are high quality threads being removed? Arbitrary curating creates far more confusion than finding a certain thread topic in different, but closely related, boards every so often.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aANfAK6j,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-10-06T14:21:36.667+0000) > > So if you guys dont know, let alone have any rules, about where to put matchmaking threads, why are high quality threads being removed? We prefer to see them in GD or RANT. This is because there can be no player response to the effects of duo-queue matchmaking and there can be no productive discussion. We are trying to limit the amount of rant posts on Gameplay as much as possible. As I said before, the reader could not engage with this content other than as a complaint, making it viable for removal from Gameplay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aANfAK6j,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-06T12:46:46.902+0000) > Your post was significantly more reasoned than most - especially in the responses - but it's still a judgement call on the part of the moderator. I might have let this one go. This moderator chose otherwise and I can't really fault them for that. I can. When it's a reasonable discussion (without insults thrown around every second comment) about a certain topic no single mod should have the authority to remove the thread. These situations call for a collective call or we're just gonna get to a point where mods start deleting threads they don't agree with. > As for where the thread should have lived? Probably **GD**? GD is nothing but a lazy section for every thread ever. Gameplay isn't just balance, there's a lot more to it than just that.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aANfAK6j,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-10-06T15:13:13.221+0000) > > I can. When it's a reasonable discussion (**without insults thrown around every second comment**) about a certain topic no single mod should have the authority to remove the thread. That may be the guideline you would use, but it's not the one we use. We have lively discussions about policy all the time, such as the decision to censor "r%%%%%" and "r%%%%%ed". These things don't just happen overnight or by accident. A tremendous amount of debate and feedback go into all of our policies. Actually, I intend to bring this specific topic (matchmaking in Gameplay) up to the team again, along with your feedback. >These situations call for a collective call or we're just gonna get to a point where mods start deleting threads they don't agree with. That's a slippery slope argument. We have policies and procedures in place to prevent that from happening. We recruit and train people whose first instinct is to retain content wherever possible. We also encourage asking and building consensus on edge cases. Senior moderator, such as myself, often review actions. We also have Discuss the Boards and the Discord, where people provide feedback on removals. We do reverse actions. > GD is nothing but a lazy section for every thread ever. Gameplay isn't just balance, there's a lot more to it than just that. That's a perception you have on Gameplay. The feedback we receive says differently. I will point out that moderators generally don't go looking for things to remove. Your post was reported by another user as being inappropriate for Gameplay, so there are at least some people who disagree with you.
: Ok ever-horrible moderation staff please tell me where this post goes
How to place issues with matchmaking has been a persistent problem for a while now. It has mostly to do with how we curate the Boards. Curation is different from moderation. With moderation, we're removing things that make the boards a worse place. This is mostly insults, but does include things like discussions that tend to lead to arguments, offensive content and hate speech. This is the majority of what we do. Curation is where we try to make the Boards more usable, which basically comes down to trying to encourage posts that are helpful and relevant. One of the main complaints we get is about the large amount of low-effort or misplaced content. That's because people go into the various sub-boards expecting to see specific kinds of content. If everything was just in one big lump, no one would ever find anything. You don't pick up Sports Illustrated to find recipes for easy, one-pot dinner recipes. That's curation in action. We get a ton of complaints about Gameplay, which is why we created RANT. We also have a couple of other things we're working on for that Board, but it's slow going. Which brings us back to your content. The problem with matchmaking as a gameplay topic is that it's not something players can manipulate. The choice to duo queue is very binary and the effect of that choice is largely under the hood. We don't have specifics on how that choice affects matchmaking, so the majority of the conversation defaults to complaining about it how it creates unbalanced situations, which in turn activates observation bias. Riot's algorithms highly prioritize speed of matchmaking over quality. They also use different MMR's for different environments and different positions. When you see what appears to be an example of poor matchmaking, is it because the available pool was small and they did the best they could? Is it because someone got auto-filled? Is it because they were bored and casually queued for a position they don't normally play? For all these reasons, it's simply not possible to look at a specific match and say "these people were selected because Brittany and Joe decided to queue together." It also not possible to speak authoritatively about the size of the difference duo queuing makes. This means most posts about this topic really belong in RANT, because they don't inform or engage the reader beyond the complaint. Your post was significantly more reasoned than most - especially in the responses - but it's still a judgement call on the part of the moderator. I might have let this one go. This moderator chose otherwise and I can't really fault them for that. As for where the thread should have lived? Probably GD? As I said, that's always been a problem for discussions about matchmaking. I feel like a well-articulated complaint does better there than anywhere else. It gets more responses and better visibility.
: Riot cannot preemptively prevent people from being assholes. This is one of the things that there's zero-tolerance for, if you report them for slurs in chat or in name, they're going to get punished or have a name changed forced. > i'm kinda getting the feeling that it does absolutely nothing > The world is a crappy enough place as it is why do i also need to come home to this bs? This is a prime example of "outrage culture." It's not a good look. Don't do it. You're looking for something to be pissed about and putting it on Riot to fix the world. That's not their job. Not everything can happen instantly. Be glad you're not a bigoted piece of shit and move on. I could also come up with half a dozen reasons why your summoner name is sexist horseshit. Worshiping female genitals in your League user name and then coming here clutching your pearls when others behave poorly? Get out of here, dude.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lA6l4da1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-04T18:58:48.405+0000) > This is a prime example of "outrage culture." It's not a good look. Don't do it. You're looking for something to be pissed about and putting it on Riot to fix the world. That's not their job. Not everything can happen instantly. Be glad you're not a bigoted piece of shit and move on. I don't think this is a case of them being overly sensitive. Racial slurs in names bother me too, would you say I'm part of outrage culture? Similarly, I would prefer people just not use them. Does that mean I need to toughen up?
: Bigotry in League
First off, yeah, your name is skirting the line, so it does come across as hypocritical of you to complain about other peoples' names. Also, we're not going to have a discussion about the details of why that name is acceptable or unacceptable. I'm locking this thread while I clean it. It may be unlocked, it might not. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
: Twitch time-out
> [{quoted}](name=AlóneAndWeak,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=theqr5AU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-04T18:43:46.474+0000) > > Just looking at this boards lmao every post is about you abusing your roles. We are not in China. We can say WHATEVER we want to say WHENEVER we want to say as long as it don't break EU laws (yours are irrelevant). That's really not how this works. I know you're upset, but Riot does have the authority to manage their servers. That includes in-game and on the Boards. It was something you agreed to as part of the the Terms of Use. Also, Boards moderation doesn't deal with Twitch. Any action taken there would need to be discussed with them.
: You'll always find something to be offended by. Outrage culture is its own reward to people. You'll find new slights regardless how minor to base your identity around. Appeasing you really doesn't solve anything but kick the can down the road, and make the pendulum swing back to the other extreme that much more intense when it does happen. Perhaps its you who should do some reading in school friend, since you seem inclined to see history repeat.
> [{quoted}](name=MetalGearTeemo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dI1MAjiM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-30T20:15:41.524+0000) > > You'll always find something to be offended by. Outrage culture is its own reward to people. You'll find new slights regardless how minor to base your identity around. > > Appeasing you really doesn't solve anything but kick the can down the road, and make the pendulum swing back to the other extreme that much more intense when it does happen. Perhaps its you who should do some reading in school friend, since you seem inclined to see history repeat. For those of you that are interested, this is a perfect example of a straw man argument. The OP's point is that Riot has control over what is and is not said in spaces they control, this isn't a constitutional issue and they don't understand why people are confused by this. They don't mention "outrage culture" at all.
: Half of what I said had nothing to do with the situation though. Literally nothing to do with it. Last time I was banned was literally a year and a half ago so not sure why I'm getting permabanned at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Mina Tepes,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZsU88NdU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T23:09:21.722+0000) > > Half of what I said had nothing to do with the situation though. Literally nothing to do with it. Last time I was banned was literally a year and a half ago so not sure why I'm getting permabanned at all. Why not give it a try? Maybe we can help.
Scuttle (NA)
: and I want a cheese quesadilla can't always get what we want, eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Scuttle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ZsU88NdU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-29T23:09:02.086+0000) > > and I want a cheese quesadilla > > can't always get what we want, eh? Why are you not getting yourself a cheese quesadilla? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: "You have to play normals for 3 months" is only a punishment to people who play normals and aren't toxic asshats.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=39dpEvME,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:19:59.229+0000) > > "You have to play normals for 3 months" is only a punishment to people who play normals and aren't toxic asshats. Pretty much this. The point isn't to move toxicity from one place to another. It's to get people to stop being toxic altogether.
: I want all of my money back
I feel that seeing the full, unedited chat logs they sent you with your ban will be helpful.
: We take death threats pretty seriously. You didn't threaten anyone leading up to your ban. Yet, in response to a thread where a player came to the boards and discussed seeing "kys" in a game, your response was overly negative, and dismissive, which isn't something we're ok with. I feel a suspension at that time was warranted. I've also edited your post some. Please refrain from insulting others on the boards. In the future, if you wish to dispute suspensions, you can always come to us on the Discord.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=mRkY4AJK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-28T20:54:17.166+0000) > > We take death threats pretty seriously. You didn't threaten anyone leading up to your ban. > > Yet, in response to a thread where a player came to the boards and discussed seeing "kys" in a game, your response was overly negative, and dismissive, which isn't something we're ok with. I feel a suspension at that time was warranted. > > I've also edited your post some. Please refrain from insulting others on the boards. > > In the future, if you wish to dispute suspensions, you can always come to us on the Discord. They also have 12 removals in less than a month. If anything, a 1-day suspension was generous, seeing as how they're on a fast-track to perma.
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T06:52:50.495+0000) > > I was aware of the punishment track you were describing. In a lot of ways, I feel like you're promoting a solution in search of a problem, as there probably aren't all that many people who follow that path - highly toxic zero-tolerance behavior into a pattern of low toxicity behavior. > > It's the word "pattern" that's important there. We have zero evidence that a single incidence of negative behavior can trigger a perma following a 14-day - unless that behavior would otherwise trigger an escalated ban. In fact, we have statements from Riot that low-level negativity _can slow the rate at which a punished player regains Honor_. That means some wiggle room is built into the system. There is absolutely wiggle room in the system, but it's not between the 14-day ban and the permanent ban. It takes far more toxicity to get from a clean account to the first chat restriction than it does to get from the 14-day ban to the permanent ban. This is part of my point though. When receive a 14-day ban as a result of a Zero Tolerance word or phrase, that means you've never before been told that your behavior has been toxic. So you come to the forum, post your chat logs, and a horde of people tell you, "Oh, it's because you said (insert slur here)." So it's easy, even logical, to understand this as "My behavior has been fine, but I need to watch my language and avoid slurs." It certainly doesn't say "Calling someone noob or telling someone to stop feeding is toxic." It is precisely the lack of pattern which makes the current system a problem. Now, it is pretty common knowledge here on the forum, to the point where you can look at just about any "Why did I get permabanned" thread and see at least 3 people give the same advice, which is that after the 14-Day ban you're on thin ice and any toxicity will result in a permanent ban. Are you suggesting this is not the case?
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-22T21:20:22.849+0000) > >So it's easy, even logical, to understand this as "My behavior has been fine, but I need to watch my language and avoid slurs." It certainly doesn't say "Calling someone noob or telling someone to stop feeding is toxic." It is precisely the lack of pattern which makes the current system a problem. You're ignoring the part where I mentioned there already exists a mechanism for those people: Riot has granted clemency on permabans before based on precisely the scenario you posit. I don't see much value in spending development on making the IFS more complex to service an extremely small number of people who already have a valid recourse. > Now, it is pretty common knowledge here on the forum, to the point where you can look at just about any "Why did I get permabanned" thread and see at least 3 people give the same advice, which is that after the 14-Day ban you're on thin ice and any toxicity will result in a permanent ban. Are you suggesting this is not the case? Not at all. I'm suggesting the number of people who go from 14-day to perma simply because of low-level toxicity because they didn't understand that _any_ toxicity is punishable is probably fairly low. If anything, these people would be more easily serviced by improving the clarity of the warning that comes with the 14-day ban. That's a fix that requires virtually zero development.
AQA473 (NA)
: Asexual Nidalee - An Argument
Because this thread has wandered into discussions that are not allowed, it had been locked. Just to be clear, it is okay to suggest a champion might represent a group, lifestyle, etc. It is NOT okay to start debating definitions of groups and lifestyles. Those always end in problems. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:11:17.722+0000) > > I don't like this for a couple of reasons, but would generally be okay with it as long as it was a "once in the lifetime of the account" forgiveness. That said, you may wish to consider: > > - Riot's punishment system is rooted in big data, specifically that people who are likely to change their behavior do so after a very limited number of actions. It used to be that someone could have a dozen or more strikes against them, but Riot learned that too much leniency is actually worse than being strict, especially when it comes to the worst behavior. > > - Your suggestion doesn't address how it feels as the person on the receiving end of the toxicity. Frankly, suggestions like this basically feel like normalizing highly toxic behavior. > > - 10 & 25-game chat restrictions are most commonly applied for _patterns_ of behavior. I don't see much benefit in giving someone the benefit of the doubt in circumstances where they shift gears from _Very Bad Things_ to _Just Being a Jerk_. > > - Riot has reduced permabans triggered by the situation you describe. It's super rare - which is appropriate - and they don't talk about it much, but it does happen. Anyone who finds themselves perma'ed this way has the same recourse as anyone else: an appeal in the form of a support ticket. Thank you for your input. The situation I'm speaking of is not where someone goes through the progression of penalties and reaches the permanent ban. If you're having that many issues, you probably need the permanent ban. The situation I'm describing is having an otherwise clean account jump straight to the 14-Day Ban without passing through either chat restriction, and then subsequently getting permabanned for what was previously acceptable behavior. In this scenario, the individual is no more toxic than any other acceptably behaved player, save for a single game where they triggered the ZT penalty.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=d8HfVxpW,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T06:33:04.234+0000) > > Thank you for your input. The situation I'm speaking of is not where someone goes through the progression of penalties and reaches the permanent ban. If you're having that many issues, you probably need the permanent ban. The situation I'm describing is having an otherwise clean account jump straight to the 14-Day Ban without passing through either chat restriction, and then subsequently getting permabanned for what was previously acceptable behavior. In this scenario, the individual is no more toxic than any other acceptably behaved player, save for a single game where they triggered the ZT penalty. I was aware of the punishment track you were describing. In a lot of ways, I feel like you're promoting a solution in search of a problem, as there probably aren't all that many people who follow that path - highly toxic zero-tolerance behavior into a pattern of low toxicity behavior. It's the word "pattern" that's important there. We have zero evidence that a single incidence of negative behavior can trigger a perma following a 14-day - unless that behavior would otherwise trigger an escalated ban. In fact, we have statements from Riot that low-level negativity _can slow the rate at which a punished player regains Honor_. That means some wiggle room is built into the system.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=eEiqnIt5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:24:46.145+0000) > > That was the phrase that got you in trouble. I suppose I could have removed it for "mature content". > > No suspension was applied. It's just a reminder to use the boards more respectfully. But to be very frank, "sucking X's D" is as about a commonly used figure of speech as things like "I got fucked by X". And even then, they could've just removed that figure of speech, instead of the entire post.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=eEiqnIt5,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:26:37.457+0000) > > And even then, they could've just removed that figure of speech, instead of the entire post. While true, I don't generally edit posts any more. That's a judgement call that I make based on my experiences with edited posts, which is that discussion about the edit takes place within the original thread, derailing it, or the edit turns into a huge disagreement about whether or not censoring the post is okay (this almost always leads back to "don't moderate at all"). Other moderators may make different choices. >But to be very frank, "sucking X's D" is as about a commonly used figure of speech as things like "I got fucked by X". I would argue that the former is nowhere near as common and is generally considered to be more crass and explicit, but understand YMMV. In the end, you made what I considered a correct and persuasive argument, save for that specific turn of phrase.
SEKAI (OCE)
: Rate this comment. Does this comment sound "uncivil" to you?
>and just before you immediately go [DELETED] and say "(he) create things that never happened before" That was the phrase that got you in trouble. I suppose I could have removed it for "mature content". >While we aren't taking any actions against your account at this time No suspension was applied. It's just a reminder to use the boards more respectfully.
Subdue (NA)
: Why is Zero Tolerance so Intolerant?
I don't like this for a couple of reasons, but would generally be okay with it as long as it was a "once in the lifetime of the account" forgiveness. That said, you may wish to consider: - Riot's punishment system is rooted in big data, specifically that people who are likely to change their behavior do so after a very limited number of actions. It used to be that someone could have a dozen or more strikes against them, but Riot learned that too much leniency is actually worse than being strict, especially when it comes to the worst behavior. - Your suggestion doesn't address how it feels as the person on the receiving end of the toxicity. Frankly, suggestions like this basically feel like normalizing highly toxic behavior. - 10 & 25-game chat restrictions are most commonly applied for _patterns_ of behavior. I don't see much benefit in giving someone the benefit of the doubt in circumstances where they shift gears from _Very Bad Things_ to _Just Being a Jerk_. - Riot has reduced permabans triggered by the situation you describe. It's super rare - which is appropriate - and they don't talk about it much, but it does happen. Anyone who finds themselves perma'ed this way has the same recourse as anyone else: an appeal in the form of a support ticket.
: Was curious to why people think this was ban able
I was going to start quoting, but I see support did it for you. Yeah, it isn't the worst thing ever, but I still wouldn't want to play with you. I don't need that kind of harassment and badgering in my life, certainly not in my free time.
: For all the little stuff mods remove. They seem to give Nubrac a pass
We don't remove them because they currently do not violate the GD guidelines. If that should change, we will address it appropriately.
Amachy (NA)
: U ban me for this?
As the OP has made it clear they're just trolling, this thread has been locked. Modérateur fini et dehors! If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
Altonat (NA)
: You can only get banned from multiple games.
As the OP has made it plain they're not interested in civil discussion, this thread has been locked. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
Itetaka (EUW)
: 10 Game chat restriction for "idiot" WOW....
A 10-game chat restriction is the lightest punishment you can get in League. Yes, it nukes your honor, but it's effectively the equivalent of a cop pulling you over and telling you that next time you're getting a ticket. You should know it wasn't just for calling someone an idiot, even though there are other insults in your chat logs. You got reported - rightfully so - and the system looked at your recent history, saw too many instances where you were being insulting and gave you a ban. You should know that Riot's "punishment volcano" is based on the idea that people will either reform relatively quickly or not at all. If you don't change your behavior, you should expect escalated responses.
: Immersive and addictive technologies report 09/13/19
As has been mentioned, this really doesn't belong here. It would be a much better fit for General Discussion. That said, there isn't going to be a Riot response to this, ever. >11.In contrast, we were struck by how difficult it was to get full and clear answers from some of the games and social media companies we spoke to and were disappointed by the manner in which some representatives engaged with the inquiry. We felt that some representatives demonstrated a lack of honesty and transparency in acknowledging what data is collected, how it is used and the psychological underpinning of how products are designed, and this made us question what these companies have to hide. It is unacceptable that companies with millions of users, many of them children, should be so ill-equipped to discuss the potential impacts of their products. When a legislative body turns to a corporation and basically demands they describe _in detail_ the ways in which they not only collect data, but monetize their product, that's not going to end well. Between that and the highly confrontational tone, if I were Riot, I would not respond to anything short of the UK equivalent of a subpoena.
: Alright I'm done with the moderators
As the OP has made it clear no productive conversation can occur in this thread, it has been locked. Everyone involved should remember that we expect all posters to remain civil and polite at all times. If you have questions or concerns about this action please visit us in the [Moderation Discord here](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ~ Ulanopo
Show more

Ulanopo

Level 186 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion