Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Laughing Fish's 175,000 lifetime upvote spectacular (Come and get your free skins!)
Daddy Laughing fish ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) http://i.imgur.com/GtpD0xh.gif
: The issue is all these champs that are unfun to play against happen to be fun to play as. Thats an issue that's completely unrelated to how many bans there are. People enjoy flashy overloaded champs the same champs that feel unfair to play against.
> [{quoted}](name=LSD Diana Only,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OTlhvzUM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-05-14T21:41:45.204+0000) > > The issue is all these champs that are unfun to play against happen to be fun to play as. Thats an issue that's completely unrelated to how many bans there are. People enjoy flashy overloaded champs the same champs that feel unfair to play against. Should we really forsake the fun of 5 other people for the fun of 1 person however? Surely there is some happy median between "Overloaded and Flashy" and "Jesus im falling asleep at my keyboard".
: Reasons why the implementation of ten bans will be bad
On your point of the death of certain one tricks, if a champion is banned 100% of the time then there is something wrong with that champion. Like if its THAT unfun to play against/that op then it definitely needs changed/nerfed.
: Do Rioters still play games with people who ask?
Just do what I did. Wade around in Bronze until one of them ends up in your game, then add them.
: The Next Ultimate Skin (Part 2)
Just gonna put my thoughts out there. I personally think if we are going to get one, it will be for Shen. Reasons for this are: 1. Swain and Irelia are on the VGU List, so probably no skins for them in the near future. 2. Riven was on that leak, which has been right so far, with an Angelblade skin, and I don't think they'd give Riven an Ultimate skin so soon after getting one. 3. This is probably the weakest reasoning, because Yorick does make the most sense for getting an Ultimate skin (because he has become a meme for not having a skin in forever.), but he really isn't that popular. Looking at it from a business standpoint, I don't think Riot would make an ultimate skin for a champion as unpopular as Yorick. That's my thoughts on it, but you made a lot of good points in this post!
: This is why you don't play Shen f*cking support. Also, I apologize that somebody playing Shen was an asshole. ~~Please state his full name, address, and medical records.~~
> [{quoted}](name=Melledoneus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=l91zJd1k,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-29T22:07:49.653+0000) > > This is why you don't play Shen f*cking support. > > Also, I apologize that somebody playing Shen was an asshole. > > ~~Please state his full name, address, and medical records.~~ As a Shen support main,_**TRIGGERED**_
: Your main(s) have lost their house, and you've agreed to let them live with you for a month
{{champion:98}} : I'd appreciate if you'd stop balancing everything on the table...
: Seems those Shen nerfs that some of the boards were endlessly bitching and moaning actually weren't.
Yeah, changes are pretty decent, still sad about that Ult nerf cooldown though. I'll take it for the Q changes and E buff however.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnholyReign12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mhvhdWQo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-22T05:29:50.904+0000) > > Rengar was nerfed because it's not exactly fun to be 1 shot from invis by a guy building bruiser/tank. > > Not saying lee is much better because he basically does the same shit, but popularity was not the main factor in Balancing Rengar. I respectfully disagree with you as riot have mentioned themselves that they are OK with rengar one shotting people. Now here is a DIRECT quote from 7.7 patch notes on why they nerfed rengar. "Rengar's still ripping and tearing his way through pro play, despite multiple visits to the patch notes. We’re following up on patch 7.5’s hits to Rengar’s early durability with tone-downs to his early damage. Lowering Savagery's numbers will lengthen his early clears out a bit, while also reducing how much upfront damage he deals when he jumps on a target. With a slower clear speed, he’ll have to work a bit harder to earn early gold leads, making him more reliant on well-executed ganks to maintain scaling momentum."
> [{quoted}](name=Kingdom Corn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mhvhdWQo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-04-22T05:33:38.638+0000) > > I respectfully disagree with you as riot have mentioned themselves that they are OK with rengar one shotting people. > Now here is a DIRECT quote from 7.7 patch notes on why they nerfed rengar. > "Rengar's still ripping and tearing his way through pro play, despite multiple visits to the patch notes. We’re following up on patch 7.5’s hits to Rengar’s early durability with tone-downs to his early damage. Lowering Savagery's numbers will lengthen his early clears out a bit, while also reducing how much upfront damage he deals when he jumps on a target. With a slower clear speed, he’ll have to work a bit harder to earn early gold leads, making him more reliant on well-executed ganks to maintain scaling momentum." My bad, didn't see/remeber that quote if I did see it. Guess you're right about the popularity thing.
: Riot are a bunch of hypocrites
Rengar was nerfed because it's not exactly fun to be 1 shot from invis by a guy building bruiser/tank. Not saying lee is much better because he basically does the same shit, but popularity was not the main factor in Balancing Rengar.
: Don't be fooled! Riot switched the role selection to trick ADC mains into playing support!
Can confirm, was thrown off guard when I saw that I had almost queued for bot.
: @Riot, these Shen changes were not the ones you were looking for, and here's why.
Yeah I feel like the ult change was a bit weird. If your going to Nerf the Shield when they have max health can we at least get a buff on the Shield when we actually use it for it's intended purpose of saving people? The other changes to his Q I like however, as they make Sunfire/Titanic more important for Shen to allow him to splitpush, which is really good right now for competitive as he can just shove lane then TP into fight. The change makes his early shoving really bad without Tiamat/Sunfire, which IMO is a fair trade for the damage we got. Just
: RIP These champs
{{champion:98}} Is still fine and the new item changes are only going to help in. Sunfire getting buffed, new abyssal is really good for him, and the other items seem alright if you go full tank. Def not in the gutter yet.
Keyru (NA)
: Xayah and Rakan Gifting Thread
Don't have time/money to get Rakan, so if anyone would be so kind as to gift me that would be great! (Receive)
: 7.8 SHEN Nerf, Destroyed him
Coming from another Shen player these changes didn't destroy him. His early dueling power is now insane with the amount of damage you get from empowered auto's, and your ult shields for more if your target is at 40% HP at the first 2 levels of your ult. Was Shen nerfed? Yes. Was he also buffed? Yes.
: Lulu has a 70% banrate
Honestly I just permaban Lulu cause she's so fucking annoying. She isn't really busted on her own, but her just existing is enough to let me know that I will probably never catch someone out with the amount of saving power lulu has, and even if you kill them twice in lane Pix always seems to make her ADC do the more damage then yours, and their survivability in Lane post 6 is just so annoying. She may not be OP, but goddamn she's so annoying.
: Take your main, switch their Q with their R.
{{champion:98}} : _why hello there_ {{champion:111}} : And you thought the hook was bullshit.
: I dont really mind that Shen is bad?
Shens problem sadly is the Global Últ. I'm not going to go as far to say he's super gutted right now, as I still find success on him (but bronze is bronze so who knows), but he's always going to be good as long as the últ is good. It also gives him the ability to just roam while he sandbags a lane, which makes the laning extremely uninteractive. I don't know how it feels to play Vs Shen (as I usually play as him) but I'm assuming that sometimes it can be so extremely boring if he just sandbags.
Blobî (EUW)
: What is Shen's personality like ?
Being the Eye of Twilight requires someone to not allow emotions to clog there judgement. It's not that he doesn't have any, just that he's containing them to maintain the balance as shown in one of his stories, I can't remember the title but he kills a priest because he was hunting demons. But when it comes to Zed/Jhin he obviously has a hard time containing these emotions. He has to work with Zed to kill Jhin, because he knows that He can't do it by himself, but really wants to end Zed because he killed his Dad. I feel like his anger toward Jhin is more than his towards Zed, as Jhin basically ruined both of their lives with all the shit they saw.
: Your main's ult now is global with 0 travel or channel time.
: Give a champion another champion's weapon/magic
{{champion:98}} + {{champion:23}} Sword. If a small spirit sword is okay, then how about a big ass spirit sword.
: Graves Botlane: Does it still work?
It can work, your laning phase is just gonna suck massive balls though if they know what they're doing. Blitz or Thresh would probably be a good pick to compliment him in the botlane. The main issue is his auto's can be blocked by minions so you generally lose on most auto trades, and have a pretty subpar range on the auto's anyway. It is pretty good for a cheese lane though, if you stand in tribush with your Q at lvl one. Bounce that sucker off a wall and have your support follow you for some nice cheese really early.
: > [{quoted}](name=UnholyReign12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-05T22:36:41.105+0000) > > I think that may actually be a good change for Shen, because in LCS his ult is not only used for protection but for engage, so focusing the ult on making it into a protection tool might allow him to be buffed in other places. The main problem however will always be that it's a Global TP with a bigass shield though. Yes exactly. They use it to boost an already busted champion so he become unkillable. Remember the vladimir Raider/ghost with shen on top of him last season?
> [{quoted}](name=Foxious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-05T23:30:49.783+0000) > > Yes exactly. They use it to boost an already busted champion so he become unkillable. Remember the vladimir Raider/ghost with shen on top of him last season? Exactly. LCS players basically just use him as a catalyst to keep one guy alive and enable engages on other engage champions to be that much better.
: I think riot FINALLY UNDERSTAND that his ultimate is the only problem here. Yes, his ultimate IS his signature but when Riot need to nerf his entire kit and let him stay in the gutter because of one OP ultimate in LCS...Comon, thats unfair. I doubt they want another aatrox so they really need to do something more than just nerf over nerf. Right now, they are testing changes, not plain nerf ( I think ). On Shen R, Meddler commented: "Quote: make the shield scale of the ally's missing hp maybe? We've actually got exactly that in testing :)." Unless they change their mind or just give up on him =v=
> [{quoted}](name=Foxious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-03-05T22:10:45.435+0000) > > I think riot FINALLY UNDERSTAND that his ultimate is the only problem here. Yes, his ultimate IS his signature but when Riot need to nerf his entire kit and let him stay in the gutter because of one OP ultimate in LCS...Comon, thats unfair. I doubt they want another aatrox so they really need to do something more than just nerf over nerf. > > Right now, they are testing changes, not plain nerf ( I think ). On Shen R, Meddler commented: > > "Quote: > > make the shield scale of the ally's missing hp maybe? > > We've actually got exactly that in testing :)." > > Unless they change their mind or just give up on him =v= I think that may actually be a good change for Shen, because in LCS his ult is not only used for protection but for engage, so focusing the ult on making it into a protection tool might allow him to be buffed in other places. The main problem however will always be that it's a Global TP with a bigass shield though.
: They are planing to nerf shen Ultimate cooldown but... the way they speak. It seems like they want to compensate somewhere else in his kit for solo Q ( not too sure ) , we will see...
> [{quoted}](name=Foxious,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-04T10:34:15.701+0000) > > They are planing to nerf shen Ultimate cooldown but... the way they speak. It seems like they want to compensate somewhere else in his kit for solo Q ( not too sure ) , we will see... Hopefully there is some kind of compensation buff because if they nerf his ult I really don't see any reason to use him over anyone else
: > [{quoted}](name=UnholyReign12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-03T19:42:19.761+0000) > > I was just scrolling through the new post and saw that they are planning on nerfing him soon, which is acceptable since his power in coordinated teams is incredibly strong. Its kinda sad though because he's always going to be in this loop where if his ult isn't trash then he will be good in competitive, but when its trash he'll be worthless everywhere :( Wait, more nerfs?
> [{quoted}](name=AFK4StacksGLTeam,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-03T20:11:50.697+0000) > > Wait, more nerfs? Yep, taking some power off his ult. Someone on the Shen main sub said its probably going to be just raw numbers or a reduced AP scaling on allies. Honestly he's probably never going to get really good buffs due to the inherently good nature on his ult in teamplay.
: He hasn't been mentioned, so I wouldn't expect any kit changes.
> [{quoted}](name=SaltyKracka,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ssFZ6djE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-03T19:39:05.541+0000) > > He hasn't been mentioned, so I wouldn't expect any kit changes. I was just scrolling through the new post and saw that they are planning on nerfing him soon, which is acceptable since his power in coordinated teams is incredibly strong. Its kinda sad though because he's always going to be in this loop where if his ult isn't trash then he will be good in competitive, but when its trash he'll be worthless everywhere :(
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Dumbest assumption you've ever made when starting
I thought if you built AP it would increase you abilities damage no matter what, so I built AP on everything to try and one shot people.
NikoL212 (EUW)
: RP AND WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
Technically speaking, They have made 2 games, League and Mechs vs. Minions.
Kei143 (NA)
: Oh I understand you. I'm just saying that people are waaaaayyy to over sensitive with "MUST PICK META ELSE YOU TROLL" and won't give a chance for the gameplay to prove itself.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XlnykaEI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-29T21:03:38.428+0000) > > Oh I understand you. > > I'm just saying that people are waaaaayyy to over sensitive with "MUST PICK META ELSE YOU TROLL" and won't give a chance for the gameplay to prove itself. Yeah, I main Support Shen so playing off-meta is my shit homie lmao
: In light of the possible abuse a vote-kick or vote-remake could cause, I think adding an actual dodge button with additional features would be better. When someone wants to dodge, they would click this button to leave the lobby. Before the lobby closes, give the dodger a prompt asking them why they dodged, similar to the report prompt. Give them reasonable options such as, "Something came up and I don't think I could finish the game" and "I didn't feel like the match would work out in our favor" as well as reporting options like, "Player was threatening to feed" or "Player stole someone's role". Although only one person would be able to send in a report it would be better than our system that forces people to suffer through the game before reporting. it would also eliminate the hassle of launching the game back up when dodging tactically.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XlnykaEI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-29T18:19:59.952+0000) > > In light of the possible abuse a vote-kick or vote-remake could cause, I think adding an actual dodge button with additional features would be better. > > When someone wants to dodge, they would click this button to leave the lobby. Before the lobby closes, give the dodger a prompt asking them why they dodged, similar to the report prompt. Give them reasonable options such as, "Something came up and I don't think I could finish the game" and "I didn't feel like the match would work out in our favor" as well as reporting options like, "Player was threatening to feed" or "Player stole someone's role". > > Although only one person would be able to send in a report it would be better than our system that forces people to suffer through the game before reporting. it would also eliminate the hassle of launching the game back up when dodging tactically. I forgot to think of the abuse of the system in a way of "Their team comp is better lets just remake" so thats my bad. I don't think Riot is going to implement a dodge button since they are against people dodging, but I for one love your Idea of the dodge button. It would work and wouldn't be abusable, plus would make reporting someone easier without having to sit through the 20 minute grudge of a game.
Kei143 (NA)
: let the gameplay speak and not pre-judge them. Role stealing without consent is a punishable offense w/ a 14-day ban.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XlnykaEI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-29T18:03:43.165+0000) > > let the gameplay speak and not pre-judge them. > > Role stealing without consent is a punishable offense w/ a 14-day ban. Okay I think I worded my response wrong. What I meant was, even thought this Urgot may be a god on urgot, the other members of the team are going to come in pre-tilted, because not everyone shares the sentiment of let the gameplay speak. This is not me saying I have a problem with Urgot, but moreover saying that some people are just going to come into the game tilted and play worse then blame urgot for them not playing well.
Le Tongue (EUNE)
: I think a surrender vote in the lobby would disencourage unique picks. Like if someone mains Urgot and wants to go top, they might kick him out when he honestly just is a god with Urgot.
> [{quoted}](name=Le Tongue,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XlnykaEI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-29T17:04:50.899+0000) > > I think a surrender vote in the lobby would disencourage unique picks. Like if someone mains Urgot and wants to go top, they might kick him out when he honestly just is a god with Urgot. I thought about it, but if 4 people honestly don't want to play with an Urgot it would just be better to Remake the game than to have 4 other people be tilted and lose off that.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=UnholyReign12,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMaYLyWm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-28T04:11:15.342+0000) > > Idk why you got downvoted, your completely right. If your toxic its your own fault. how is this not at 100 upvotes? It's extremely true
> [{quoted}](name=5v5 Teamfighter,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tMaYLyWm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-01-29T02:27:46.804+0000) > > how is this not at 100 upvotes? It's extremely true Damn your reputation must be like actually the worst to get this many downvotes even though you're right
: Riot does not give you perma bans
Idk why you got downvoted, your completely right. If your toxic its your own fault.
: Your mains damage type and scalings are switched
{{champion:98}} :{{item:3071}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3812}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3031}} FULL AD SHEN LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
darkdill (NA)
: Make a list of 20 things you hate in League of Legends
As a {{champion:98}} Main I can pretty much summarize my list in one thing 1.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/193112914251481089/260783562016555008/unknown.png (Yes I know he is still Seeing LCS play and is still decent in team play, but it always seems like the nerf bat is targeting him lmao.)
: What Supporting feels like in low elo.
Your getting downvotes, but thats literally what it feels like.
: all they had to do was increase shens q slightly while massively increaseing the heal duration and the cooldown ranged champions get spells to spam enemies out of lane all the time with multiple spells but the second one melee champion does it with nothing else to use in lane its uninteractive and needs a rework
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W3kA60Xd,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-01-14T01:17:46.178+0000) > > all they had to do was increase shens q slightly while massively increaseing the heal duration and the cooldown ranged champions get spells to spam enemies out of lane all the time with multiple spells but the second one melee champion does it with nothing else to use in lane its uninteractive and needs a rework Since I don't think I can word this correctly, i'm just going to link a reddit post about the matter that I think sums up what i'm thinking. https://www.reddit.com/r/Shen/comments/5nlbj6/rant_stop_whining_about_the_shen_rework/?st=ixxn4csq&sh=95620ab7
: funny/April fools skin idea
I'll plus one, but only if I get the reverse. "Definitely a Bruiser/Assassin" with the likes of Braum in Katarina's clothers and Sona dressed as Zed lmao.
: I'm going to be honest, I think people complain about Autofill too much.
As a Support Main I actually love Auto-fill. It allows me to practice my off role (Top) more often so when I play ranked I wont look like a complete monkey when I get top. I also don't like the whole "Support main in different Role GG" sentiment and love to make people realize that supports can do something _other than support_ sometimes.
: Shen first!
> [{quoted}](name=Kempachi Taichou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W3kA60Xd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-01-14T00:46:48.674+0000) > > Shen first! But the Shen Rework is fine? Just made him more interactive in lane instead of the old non interactive Shen who just threw Q's All lane. Sure spirit sword isn't the best mechanic by a LONG shot, but it's still more interactive than old Q.
: Clearly you aren't on the PBE. Already nerfed into oblivion. Rito said that he got his time in the spotlight so they are going to nerf him then nerf his core items: {{item:3109}} {{item:3800}} but never buff him back up. As a side note we are getting Lee buffs because Rito wants him to see him in pro play. Also we got a Ryze rework they didn't tell people about before the helmet bro rework. Did I insert enough memes? Kappa.
> [{quoted}](name=Fondling Gems,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4KvI45V4,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-13T23:03:41.603+0000) > > Clearly you aren't on the PBE. Already nerfed into oblivion. Rito said that he got his time in the spotlight so they are going to nerf him then nerf his core items: {{item:3109}} {{item:3800}} but never buff him back up. As a side note we are getting Lee buffs because Rito wants him to see him in pro play. Also we got a Ryze rework they didn't tell people about before the helmet bro rework. Helmet Bro can be nerfed into oblivion yet Graves still can't have a cigar? > > Did I insert enough memes? Kappa. You missed the most overused and tired meme in LoL. Added it for you in the last line there homie.
Arakadia (NA)
: I agree incompletely. Despite this video, I think this thunder/lightning champion isn't real. No one else has seen this from my understanding, this could easily be a particles bug, and it could easily be edited in. Additionally, I might at first give this video some thought, but due to Camille's recent release and WW's super close release, I highly doubt we will get another new champion, unless they're specific to Zaun. But even than, it seems odd. Especially considering that releasing Camille, new WW, AND a new champion within a close time frame not too far from preseason is going to screw with balance.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=Lq22Ibbo,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-10T00:49:36.567+0000) > > I agree incompletely. Despite this video, I think this thunder/lightning champion isn't real. No one else has seen this from my understanding, this could easily be a particles bug, and it could easily be edited in. > > Additionally, I might at first give this video some thought, but due to Camille's recent release and WW's super close release, I highly doubt we will get another new champion, unless they're specific to Zaun. But even than, it seems odd. Especially considering that releasing Camille, new WW, AND a new champion within a close time frame not too far from preseason is going to screw with balance. That was what I thought when I saw the video. I also highly doubt any new champion is going to be lighting theme'd since thats sort of Kennens thing.
: Nice pun, but Im not really a fan of the skin rework for it, it used to have actual particle flames moving, now it just looks like painted fur...
> [{quoted}](name=Altonius Amakiir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cVMEa5Pv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-01-11T02:33:57.759+0000) > > Nice pun, but Im not really a fan of the skin rework for it, it used to have actual particle flames moving, now it just looks like painted fur... Yeah, I can understand why you don't like the skin but I had to make that pun lmao
Show more

UnholyReign12

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion