: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZB67OftB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T00:51:27.758+0000) > > Then you also need to reduce lp winning to the winning team. > > Either way, then a player having a bad game, who can now reduce lp losses by disconnecting, becomes a troll if he refuses. People who actually troll dont get banned stop pushing this narrative that people will get bullied into leaving games when there is a mute feature built in to chat. Players who DC should get an LP penalty and their team should also lose lp if they lose but a lower amount than normal. Team that wins gets normal lp. If someone is really getting bullied into going afk report the players telling you to do it and they get a chat restriction or penalty. People act as if I would be able to physically rip someone from their computer if they added this feature that EVERY OTHER GAME HAS
> [{quoted}](name=Niggel Wessom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZB67OftB,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T02:49:29.734+0000) > > People who actually troll dont get banned stop pushing this narrative that people will get bullied into leaving games when there is a mute feature built in to chat. Players who DC should get an LP penalty and their team should also lose lp if they lose but a lower amount than normal. Team that wins gets normal lp. If someone is really getting bullied into going afk report the players telling you to do it and they get a chat restriction or penalty. People act as if I would be able to physically rip someone from their computer if they added this feature that EVERY OTHER GAME HAS It doesn't matter if they get bullied or not. It gives a bad player way more troll power and it's not even punishable because its within the rules of the game. I am not a great player....but right now the average rank in my games is 4-5 ranks above mine and it is not unusual to face players 8 ranks above me in my lane. Sometime I hold my own but there are games where I am seriously outmatched and there is not much I could to. All I have to do is disconnect and 4 people only lose 10 LP instead of 20. I HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER YOUR LP!!!!! You don't even have to bully me. One negative comment and there is zero chance I will spare you 10% of your rank. All I have to do is keep trying even though I'm outplayed and behind and there is no negative impact on me. Then you come to the boards and complain about the player that cost you an extra 10 LP.
: Ranked games Winnings/Losses
> [{quoted}](name=Fearless Yasuo,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZB67OftB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-20T00:31:25.753+0000) > > As we all know , league of legends is a team game .. requires a full team to communicate and work together to win .. > But games become really frustrating when you don't have a full team , AKA : "AFK" .. > Especially in ranked games losing a winnable game because one of your teammates went afk for whatever reason , rage quit , internet issues .. etc .. > its really depressing to lose LP and MMR because of that .. > As a solution , i suggest that when the system detects an afk player for a good amount of time , reduce the amount of LP loss to the team that loses with an afk on their team , Either by redcuing it to a specific amount or reduce it by a flat amount .. > I believe that would make afk games which are completely out of our control , to be a little less punishing . > What do you think about this suggestion ? Then you also need to reduce lp winning to the winning team. Either way, then a player having a bad game, who can now reduce lp losses by disconnecting, becomes a troll if he refuses.
: How can you climb with a 45% winrate? And where did you get 45% from? How is -5 -5 climbing to you its 0 LP. (loss because went for turret) Where as 5+4 is climbing thats 9 LP. (win because didnt go for turret). Then ill say, can you win a game without dmg to objectives and dmg dealt? Id love to see that happen where everyone on the team does a 0 dmg game but still wins while the enemy team can deal dmg. "since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good." Why do you think +5 LP from dmg to objectives while -30 LP for not doing anything else is climbing? thats -25 LP you'll be demoting soon if thats the case in this system. "used to be" key phrase here. The game has changed tho. Why was inting sion a strat. (objective dmg). If you're talking about high elo both sides will be doing the same thing the reason this works is because it builds an advantage occuring in a sense, a 6th player, to shove turret, but that doesnt mean the high elo player builds that wave up and goes sips coffee in the fountain hes doing other things with his time. But you still did get +5LP for the win. And i would add a cc/peel if there was one currently in the game, but riot hasnt implemented that. Now let me ask this, would you rather do all this and get +20 LP everytime your team works with you and this works out and when they dont you get -20 LP and when you have a troll or inter -20 LP. Or would you rather give that up and earn +10 LP for that game and the troll and feeder games you get +10 LP for too for doing your part. Id say id rather +20 LP from 10+10 than 0LP from 20-20.
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mdtn2FYp,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T21:06:20.797+0000) > > How can you climb with a 45% winrate? And where did you get 45% from? > > How is -5 -5 climbing to you its 0 LP. (loss because went for turret) > Where as 5+4 is climbing thats 9 LP. (win because didnt go for turret). > > Then ill say, can you win a game without dmg to objectives and dmg dealt? Id love to see that happen where everyone on the team does a 0 dmg game but still wins while the enemy team can deal dmg. > > "since if someone can consistently get that damage and not win, they're clearly not good." > Why do you think +5 LP from dmg to objectives while -30 LP for not doing anything else is climbing? thats -25 LP you'll be demoting soon if thats the case in this system. > > "used to be" key phrase here. The game has changed tho. > Why was inting sion a strat. (objective dmg). > > If you're talking about high elo both sides will be doing the same thing the reason this works is because it builds an advantage occuring in a sense, a 6th player, to shove turret, but that doesnt mean the high elo player builds that wave up and goes sips coffee in the fountain hes doing other things with his time. > > But you still did get +5LP for the win. And i would add a cc/peel if there was one currently in the game, but riot hasnt implemented that. > > Now let me ask this, would you rather do all this and get +20 LP everytime your team works with you and this works out and when they dont you get -20 LP and when you have a troll or inter -20 LP. Or would you rather give that up and earn +10 LP for that game and the troll and feeder games you get +10 LP for too for doing your part. Id say id rather +20 LP from 10+10 than 0LP from 20-20. Here how you can climb with a 45% win rate. Let's say now you are right are the correct rank. You gain 20 LP for a win and lose 20 LP for a loss. You play 10 games at 50% win rate and stay the same. Now if you can focus on maximizing your "skill" bonuses, you average an extra 5 LP.....so you gain 25 for a win and only lose 15 for a loss. Over 10 games, you win 4 and lose 6 and gain 10 LP.
: Okay but explain 1 thing to me. How do you play for stats without aiding your team to victory? How do you get the highest dmg in the game while avoiding helping your team? You cant do these without hurting enemy players and causing dmg to enemy players forces you to have an impact on the game. Tanking dmg from enemies means your team doesnt need to tank that dmg as long as you're not running it down, which in this case means theyd be having impact in the game. Warding raises vision score which means you'll have vision of the map even if theyre not the best locations you'll have vision and warding in the fountain i dont believe raises vision score because ive done it a few times and my score didnt rise but i could be wrong on this. if either team forfeits early that means the player didnt have an impact in the game (assuming the conditions that he didnt do anything early, even tho most of the time it would mean the late game champ won late despite being a late game champ). Give me an example of any champion who will deal 25 mins worth of dmg in 10 mins while the other champions are dealing dmg in those 10 mins? That isnt a logical argument to make your posing "ifs" now, thats not a solid argument to make. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conditional_fallacy If you're the 2nd highest kda that means you're up there with that player in the impact you shown in game. You keep referring to the term "skill" the system evaluates impact in game. Skill is more about the overall ability of the player. One game cant determine the "skill" of a player. Hence why a player with a diamond performance doesnt mean hes in diamond. You have to consistently over hundreds of game perform to climb. Whether one guy let you die to beat you in kda is the difference of 1 LP. Even then the impact over the LP gains is negligible. Whereas if you're the guy who lost being on the team with all feeders you end up with 0-+10 LP if you really performed the best or 2nd best but still lost. Id take a -1 LP in a won game rather than -20LP for a loss game where i played as one of the best in that game. Overall its a +19-29 LP gain for you. So no it wouldnt mean you'd rank faster plus you'd end up risking the game letting your hgihest kda player die with shutdown gold. So i dont think anyone would logically risk 5LP for the win over +1LP for kda.
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mdtn2FYp,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:38:58.204+0000) > > Okay but explain 1 thing to me. How do you play for stats without aiding your team to victory? How do you get the highest dmg in the game while avoiding helping your team? You cant do these without hurting enemy players and causing dmg to enemy players forces you to have an impact on the game. Tanking dmg from enemies means your team doesnt need to tank that dmg as long as you're not running it down, which in this case means theyd be having impact in the game. Warding raises vision score which means you'll have vision of the map even if theyre not the best locations you'll have vision and warding in the fountain i dont believe raises vision score because ive done it a few times and my score didnt rise but i could be wrong on this. > > if either team forfeits early that means the player didnt have an impact in the game (assuming the conditions that he didnt do anything early, even tho most of the time it would mean the late game champ won late despite being a late game champ). > > Give me an example of any champion who will deal 25 mins worth of dmg in 10 mins while the other champions are dealing dmg in those 10 mins? That isnt a logical argument to make your posing "ifs" now, thats not a solid argument to make. > https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conditional_fallacy > > If you're the 2nd highest kda that means you're up there with that player in the impact you shown in game. You keep referring to the term "skill" the system evaluates impact in game. Skill is more about the overall ability of the player. One game cant determine the "skill" of a player. Hence why a player with a diamond performance doesnt mean hes in diamond. You have to consistently over hundreds of game perform to climb. Whether one guy let you die to beat you in kda is the difference of 1 LP. Even then the impact over the LP gains is negligible. Whereas if you're the guy who lost being on the team with all feeders you end up with 0-+10 LP if you really performed the best or 2nd best but still lost. Id take a -1 LP in a won game rather than -20LP for a loss game where i played as one of the best in that game. Overall its a +19-29 LP gain for you. > So no it wouldnt mean you'd rank faster plus you'd end up risking the game letting your hgihest kda player die with shutdown gold. So i dont think anyone would logically risk 5LP for the win over +1LP for kda. You play to stats by focusing exclusively on what will gain the most OP. I'm not a strong player.. .I'm typically passive which means my damage is usually low. Knowing that I will probably be lowest in damage, I accept that I will lose LP in damage and focus on what I'm better at. My vision scored are high for my rank, so I will make sure that I will be the highest... buy boots and wards over other items. The next would be objectives...so I would go to dragon whenever jungle is near it to make sure I get credit for damaging it even if I abandon my adc to do it. Avoid team fights because that usually hurts my kda, but follow the carry to safely boost assists. Leave the team to take a tower if I think I can do damage to it while the enemy is taking baron (I might be able to stop them from taking baron but will probably die in the prosess). See, actually taking the objective doesn't matter as long as I do more damage to it than the team. By doing this, I will win less games, but will lose less LP on losses and gain more on wins....and the wins won't matter. As long as I can maximize vision, objectives and kda, it won't hurt if I don't do damage. If I'm going to be last it that stat, 1k or 10k is the same. Might as well not risk a death.
: Assist and kill mean the same thing for kda. Theres actually no difference between being 1/1/0 and 0/1/1 both have a kda of 1. Being 0/1/5 and being 3/1/2 both have a kda of 5. So your kda doesnt benefit from stealing a kill. No because hanging back and last hitting will often mean your team's 4v5ing and you'll have low dmg. So you'll lose 5 for low dmg youll lose 5 for loss and you wont get vision perks either because you wouldnt want to risk yourself (your kda) to get wards out which means no +5 there for something you shouldve got easily. As well as -5 for not taking any dmg since you werent in any fights everyone wouldve tanked more than you. the system judges impact on the game, if you're actively trying not to make an impact the system will catch that.
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mdtn2FYp,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-09-18T18:17:59.761+0000) > > Assist and kill mean the same thing for kda. Theres actually no difference between being 1/1/0 and 0/1/1 both have a kda of 1. Being 0/1/5 and being 3/1/2 both have a kda of 5. So your kda doesnt benefit from stealing a kill. > > No because hanging back and last hitting will often mean your team's 4v5ing and you'll have low dmg. So you'll lose 5 for low dmg youll lose 5 for loss and you wont get vision perks either because you wouldnt want to risk yourself (your kda) to get wards out which means no +5 there for something you shouldve got easily. As well as -5 for not taking any dmg since you werent in any fights everyone wouldve tanked more than you. > > the system judges impact on the game, if you're actively trying not to make an impact the system will catch that. The system can't accurately so that now for intentional griefing. How will it be any better? The point I'm trying to make is that as soon as you start modifying lp gains of skill based metrics, people have to play for stats over playing to win. A late game champion get screwed if either team forfeits early so playing a scaling champion means you need the game to be longer. If at 25 mins you will have the lowest damage but at 35 minutes you will easily have the most damage, it benefits you to not push an early advantage to end early. You also then have teammates competing with each other for LP. If you are 2nd in kda, if letting a teammate die means you will gain extra LP in the end, wouldn't you do it? It doesn't make you a better player but you will rank up faster.
: Ranking System fixes
> [{quoted}](name=Chainman3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mdtn2FYp,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:12:30.674+0000) > > I wrote this in a reply to a post on the boards but i thought i might as well post it as a discussion to see what others think. > > My solution was to use a rank system based on merit not based on win. Because your rank represents YOUR skill level not the skill level of your team. Now multiple stats would be taken into consideration in respect to that game. For example, top 5 dmg dealers in the game earn +5 LP. top 5 vision score +5 LP. And to offset this worse 5 dmg dealers -5LP. Now players would argue, but then i can never have highest dmg as a full tank. But as a full tank they should always have highest dmg taken and that would be a stat too. > Basically the stats would look something like this: > 1.Dmg > 2.Vision Score > 3.Dmg taken > 4.Dmg to objectives > 5.shielded/healed amount > 6.KDA > 7. Win/Loss (not regarded as a category) > > How the system would work. Since current we get +100 LP (20 to each member for 5 members im going to assume on average) we can divide those LP over the 6 categories evenly 100/6 = for 17 LP per category. Now since the best 5 members get LP for each category we can divide that further 17/5 = 3.4 LP so LP would be rewarded as followed: > Top 5LP > 2nd 4LP > 3rd 3LP > 4th 2LP > 5th 1LP > 6th -1 LP > 7th -2LP > 8th -3LP > 9th -4LP > 10th -5LP > > For a win the winning team gets +5 LP each and the losing team gets -5LP each, making the outcome of the game still a factor. > > Which means if you can essentially lead all cateogires you can possibly gain +30 LP. Now this most likely will never happen because certain stats are better suited to certain roles. Like vision score and support or dmg dealt and carries. This would do 2 things for the ranked system, > 1 it would push players into filling roles for their team (not like top bot mid roles but if the team lacks a tank role because it would guarantee a player +3LP assuming they play their tank correctly and tank more than all characters who arent tanks in the game). > 2. It would force players to not only compete to win but to compete to do better than their own teammates. Basically rewarding players who play consistently well or consistently carry, while also discouraging trolling and afk farming trolls. > > So lets calculate a game where everyone does their part. > Carries: dmg dealt, dmg to objectives > Supports: Heal/shield, vision score. > Tanks: Dmg taken, Healed, Dmg to objectives. > KDA and Win can be applied to any role. > > Overall that leaves you with a possible 10 to each role exclusively when played correctly and another possible 10 for the win and KDA of the player. Meaning a player who carries successfully can get +20 LP still while a player who carries but their team still loses will get +10 LP. Now when you look at something like brand support it can get the dmg spot but it opens up the heal and shield spot. > > The point of the system would be to reward consistent play while shielding the players LP from soft inters. Basically making it if someone is going to troll they have to do it obviously in which case Riot can then implement a system where you can do player reviews with a high accuracy on reports or change our current report system in a different way to detect hard inting. > > Notes: It doesnt need to follow this +5 LP to -5LP system you could have it range to the top 3 only where 4th and 5th get -1LP each and instead the first 3 roles get +7LP, +5LP, +4LP. Here is the problem. As a support, it is expected that I will have high vision and low damage. If I have the best vision and the worst damage, it's a wash and that's fine.... However if I simply focus more damage and less cc, i might have highest vision and 2nd lowest damage so i benefit...and if I can steal a kill, my kda benefits at the expense of my teammates. In fact, hang back in team fight, last hit anyone that gets low and run becomes a viable strategy for climbing. Is that the definition of a good player?
: if you read my post.. i said people who didnt want to wait could still select two roles and elect to keep auto fill on.. thus not really changing current queue times.. unless for some reason no people opted into that which i doubt would be the case
> [{quoted}](name=Spider Samurai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aUnA1bEL,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-13T21:08:10.237+0000) > > if you read my post.. i said people who didnt want to wait could still select two roles and elect to keep auto fill on.. thus not really changing current queue times.. unless for some reason no people opted into that which i doubt would be the case The problem is that that opt to keep it on will have to play their off roles a higher and higher percentage of their games until the only way to get their main role is to turn autofill off.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RWu7MoPr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-12T20:08:33.631+0000) > > You had two very different performances yourself in two games. How do you expect the matchmaker to predict how you are going to play let alone the other 9 people in the game.? Wrong. My performance was the same. I tried to win in both games. The difference was in game 2 my jungler carried so hard I couldn't get to that same 53% KP. So how is this my fault? Your argument falls flat on its face. My play was consistent. My junglers plays were inconsistent. What part of that don't you get?
> [{quoted}](name=MundoSmashUrMum,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RWu7MoPr,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-12T20:30:51.805+0000) > > Wrong. My performance was the same. I tried to win in both games. The difference was in game 2 my jungler carried so hard I couldn't get to that same 53% KP. > > So how is this my fault? Your argument falls flat on its face. My play was consistent. My junglers plays were inconsistent. > > What part of that don't you get? No one said it was your fault. No said you didn't try. But to try to say that the only difference between a 6/3/10 game and 3/0/0 game is the jungler...the you are kidding yourself. In the first game your were actively involved in the team fights. In the 2nd you were not...you were also not needed, but that's irrelevent. Nobody plays perfectly consistently every game at any level. My point is that you can't blame the matchmaker because a jungler didn't gank when you needed him to or because he carried....it could easily have been the same player in both games.
Doje (NA)
: Leaver and Afk's
> [{quoted}](name=Doje,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eqbtbUGs,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-12T20:10:27.485+0000) > > If someone afk in a game the remaining players on a team where there is an afk shouldnt lose lp if they lose Then you shouldn't gain lp in a game where there is an afk on the other team.
: Loss. 6/3/10 with 53% kill participation.
> [{quoted}](name=MundoSmashUrMum,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RWu7MoPr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-12T20:04:26.645+0000) > > Monkey jungler 0 ganks top. Feeds his ass off ignores objectives gives up 3 internals. I still almost carried the win. > > > Next game > > 3/0/0 12% kill participation. > My jungler is 16/1/1 I could literally have AFK'd and we'd have won still. > > > My impact in both games was next to useless. No matter how hard I carried we lost. No matter how little joined the TFs next game we won. > > > So how is the MMR system going to quantify my skill level with this amount of r%%%%%ed unbalanced matchmaking or is the MMR system unable to calculate my skill and that is actually the cause of this r%%%%%ed unbalanced matchmaking? > > Either way this game is a fucking joke right now. I get ZERO satisfaction for hardly any wins I get because matchmaking and MMR assignment is crap. You had two very different performances yourself in two games. How do you expect the matchmaker to predict how you are going to play let alone the other 9 people in the game.?
: Reminder for RIOT
100% is an awfully lopsided assumption. So far your polls says that should be closer to 20%, but was a pretty good guess.
LaceUpXX (NA)
: "You need X mastery level to play a champ in ranked." Boom. Problem solved.
> [{quoted}](name=LaceUpXX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R1ae7F7h,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-09-12T14:28:22.867+0000) > > "You need X mastery level to play a champ in ranked." > > Boom. Problem solved. I've played a total of 8 champions in ranked this season. Six of them have been played 3 times or less. So to play ranked, I need to get mastery x on 18 champions I have no intention of actually playing in ranked?
Tsuko (NA)
: I'd love to see someone try to defend on how "First timing champions in ranked is perfectly fine".
I've played exactly one jungler. 4 times in ranked over 2 years. Next time I get autofilled jungle if that champion is banned or picked, I will be first timing a champion in ranked and it will be perfectly fine.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rockman,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vPObzcVA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-12T05:30:38.556+0000) > > snowballs happen because you lose minion gold and exp, not the kill gold. thank you would you believe me if I said 75% of the community doesn't know how experience works in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vPObzcVA,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-12T13:47:48.206+0000) > > thank you > would you believe me if I said 75% of the community doesn't know how experience works in the game. 80% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 92% of all people believe them whether they are real statistics or not.
: Which Tier 3 champions were removed? You said you went from 21 -> 18, but you do not say anywhere which ones we wont be seeing anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Craft57738,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=5wisE7PG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-10T18:53:25.118+0000) > > Which Tier 3 champions were removed? You said you went from 21 -> 18, but you do not say anywhere which ones we wont be seeing anymore. Instead of 21 of each champion, there will only be 18 of each. None are removed .
end96 (NA)
: Ranked matchmaking is unfair with hidden MMR
> [{quoted}](name=end96,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7E7HP1BA,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-09T23:47:26.340+0000) > > As an iron 2 player(my current rank) it is totally frustrating every game I play against bronze 1 - silver 4 as the only iron. No it's not an 'honor' to have a high mmr, I have to grind out of iron playing silvers. What a joke. 200+ games +50% win rate all with bronze and silver as iron 3. Super stupid. Who designs this shit... bout to quit I am iron 4 and get bronze and silver in my games. It sucks, but I don't think there are enough iron players active. A few months ago the games were all iron, but had to wait 10 mins just to have someone dodge and then I was done for the day without having played at all. The good thing is that your LP gain reflect it. I'm running 40% win rate at best and I gain 22 for a win and lose 14. It's frustrating to always be the weakest player on your team , but it feels awesome when you pull off an A or B game against someone 8 ranks above you
: > [{quoted}](name=Porglit,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=RnTjqUJb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-09T19:54:16.711+0000) > > The same happened to me. However, 1 win gave like 170 LP, and a loss was like -20. You rise very quickly. That would be awesome. Just need to find a way to beat the 4 other gold+ opponents i am matched with then.
> [{quoted}](name=ll3lackbeard,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=RnTjqUJb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T23:35:45.502+0000) > > That would be awesome. Just need to find a way to beat the 4 other gold+ opponents i am matched with then. You don't have to beat them all. You start off low, but will gain a lot very quickly. When I was iron, I gained more lp from a 4th place finish than I lost from 8th. Focus more on consistent play and less on wins.....and never give up even if things don't look like they are going well. Holding on to get a 5th instead of a 7th is meaningful.
Kai Guy (NA)
: A player behavior idea.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XUyuLPAw,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-09T19:31:55.704+0000) > > I would be willing to gamble my honor level on getting a report into a review from a human. Seems like a potentially solid system on paper. If any one sees abuse potential please let me know.By having a potential cost for escalation you don't see it spammed every game. Drop in honor is a drop in free stuff. > > 2 main gains for the game. > > The folks who stupidly spam reports with no good reason who want to try to force a ban via my suggested escalation system not only lose honor levels but they might out themselves in the process as a negative teammate. > > The outliers of high toxicity who try to hid behaviors to evade Leave-buster and Chat get subjectively graded by a human. Far as I know People are far better at judgment from a subjective viewpoint over an automated program. > > This impacts 3/4 of your tilted stereotypes. 75% isn't bad. The problem with manual reviews outside of abuse is inconsistency. My perception of what is toxic might be very different than yours. In addition, I might agree that bahavior is toxic and review it as such even though it might not be extreme enough for me to have reported it myself. I have yet to see chat logs in player behavior that I would not flag as toxic, so that leaves me to believe the system works. I do see complaints of people not getting penalized, so it's likely that the automatic system is more forgiving that it could be.
vyoda (NA)
: Support Mains of the Boards: Why do you supp? ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
My son and I started playing together and wanted to run same lane. I started support because he wanted to be the damage dealer. When he stopped playing adc in switched and actually really enjoy play adc. However, I have a lot of trouble with cs (I do great practicing but can't poke and cs at the same time) A streamer suggested I try brand support so I can poke without worrying about cs and it worked well and have added a couple other supports as well.
: Why can't Riot move to a fully transparent MMR ranked system?
> [{quoted}](name=ll3lackbeard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ee3LbzvZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-09T19:26:30.168+0000) > > Basically the title. I know a new post is made everyday about how bad current ranked system is so why are we holding on to it like a heroin addict with his stolen opioids? Just use a flat MMR range that corresponds to a rank. No more garbage promos, no more initial placements at a rank nowhere near your true MMR, no more mysterious LP loss and gains at a certain rank, no more playing with players two tiers above your current rank, no more BS. > > Riot currently uses this MMR system. (and correct me if i am wrong displayed your MMR in earlier seasons) They don't need to create anything. If you took a poll I would bet a paycheck over 75% of the player population would agree the current ranked system needs to be changed in some way. Honestly its just not fun to grind the current ranked ladder as it stands now. Matchmaking is confusing and has too many obstacles. Is a flat MMR system perfect, no but it is 100% better than the current garbage system we have now. > > Thanks for your time. Transparency wouldn't necessarily be bad, but it wouldn't fix the complaints. 1. The mmr is a bell curve. 2/3 of the player base is within a relatively small range of mmr. It might be possible to move from what is considered bronze to gold or gold to bronze over a weekend. So unless you are really bad or really good. Your mmr doesn't tell you anything about your standing . 2. MMR can't "decay". MMR doesn't change when you go inactive. If you did your ranking only off MMR, someone with a challenger level MMR returning after a couple years would then be challenger again after one game. LP can be adjusted (soft reset) 3. MMR for a rank is not fixed.... there is no such "1200" means silver 1. It is relative to the active player base. With the LP system if the average mmr for your rank goes up, you don't automatically get demoted...though you might see your lp gains decrease as a result. With a pure mmr ranking, you could log in the next day to find your rank has changed.
: Matchmaking is random so it's completely unfair
> [{quoted}](name=xXxThanosxXx69,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8gAfUnL8,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-09T15:18:42.570+0000) > > Last champion select I had 3 people with a 4+ loss streak, and 1 person with 25% winrate last 20 games. I obv. dodged as I didn't wonna lose 17 lp. > > However dodging doesn't solve the problem that is matchmaking. How does a streak or recent win rate measure skill? This season I've had streaks of +7 and streaks of -10. My win rate over 20 games has ranged from 20% up to about 70%. If my skill is the same, what difference does it make what my win rate is....in fact, you are probably better off with players on losing streaks (unless they are tilting or trying to lose) because they are probably actually better than where the matchmaker is putting them.
: Autofill: A problematic solution
> [{quoted}](name=Glamorous Rammus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GXi6NI0u,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-06T16:59:58.391+0000) > > I like to break things down to their raw elements to see their purpose. So when I observe "Autofill" the first thing that comes to mind is WHY is it a funnction? > > The answer seem to be to help queue times. But long queue times seems like a player grievance. I don't like long queues, but I dislike even more 45 minute games playing an uncomfortable and unfun role. And I have to be a team player? Not going to happen. Games are supposed to be fun. Not WORK. > > Autofill creates more grievance for me than queue times. > > I will GLADLY wait another 5 minutes to get a role I want. > 5 minutes waiting pre-game > 45 minutes of lousy gameplay > > I haven't talked to a single player that actually supports the idea of Autofill. The closest I've heard are apologies- people trying to come to the aide of Riot with the whole, "They're doing their best" appeal. I'm sorry but Riot ignores its community with these real concerns. > > - Honor Progress > - Autofill > - No secondary option when choosing "FILL" > > The community has great ideas- all the same idea- over and over again- but Riot is silent. Too busy trying to turn a game into a fond memory with the whole anime community. I don't want this game to be nostalgic. I want it to be functional. > > Just remove autofill. Track our Honor Progress. And allow "FILL" mains to bar a role in their "Secondary" role slot. These functions are ruining the game. While I don't like being autofilled, I do support the autofill function in the game. The problem is that you assume that removing autofill will only add 5 minutes to the wait. When you have a bottleneck, the backup will continue to grow until the bottleneck is addressed. If you remove autofill and let's say 10% of the player base wants to play support, once they are all in a game, 50% the total player base is waiting for one of them to finish and queue up again before they can join. If you remember when TFT was introduced and they capped the number of games that could be played at a time. Within two hours, there was a 90 minute wait to get into a game. If you remove autofill, you are putting a cap based on the least played role and everyone else will have to wait. You might wait 5 minutes, but would you wait 90 during peak times? They could remove autofill and give you an estimated wait based on your role. That would work in the sense that you could see how long it will take and choose.....but if you like to play a popular role like mid, you will always have to long wait....even if you decided to sometimes go to a different role, mid will ALWAYS have that. With autofill, you sometimes get filled but you get your first choice more often than not .
Eedat (NA)
: Someone intentionally leaving their lane open for the purpose of stealing farm from other team members is 100% trolling. No doubt about it
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yOnNxJpc,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-04T16:24:53.641+0000) > > Someone intentionally leaving their lane open for the purpose of stealing farm from other team members is 100% trolling. No doubt about it If you are getting dominated in your lane ...9 deaths in 10 mins, does it make sense to stay and continue to get dominated? If you are that far behind, I'm sure you can't even stay under tower safely. What would you do to try to catch up? I typically won't take jungle, but I would abandon a lost lane to stick with teammates hoping to stay alive which takes xp.
Hvsao (NA)
: All I'm getting is you didnt read the post and just made up things you'd like. No one is stopping people from playing ranked. This doesnt discourage people from playing ranked if they are adequately ready to do so. People who are hard stuck, are hard stuck because they ruin their own mmr by consistently losing in ranked. If they even took some time to master a champion or learn game mechanics a bit better in normals and they went to ranked they would be better off. If you cant see improvement in normals then you certainly will not see improvements in ranked. Ranked is for evaluation, not for miraculous improvement. As you have stated if you get blocked from ranked for a specific period of time, you solely deserved it under my system. I'm not giving you a ranked cooldown because you were bad, I'm giving it to you cause "you were intentionally bad, actively making poor decisions, over a series of games, and your teammates reported you." If you fall in this basket you dont deserve to play ranked for awhile because you are ruining the game for yourself and others. You will see more improvements in your own games if you play outside of ranked, and then bring your best skills into ranked. Rather then maintaining grinding losses. Also based on the KDA from your last few games you wouldn't even get stopped by system as you do not meet the .25 KDA requirement. That means you only get less then 1 kill or assist per 4 deaths.
> [{quoted}](name=Hvsao,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yxnK2V3B,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T18:32:46.685+0000) > > All I'm getting is you didnt read the post and just made up things you'd like. > > > No one is stopping people from playing ranked. This doesnt discourage people from playing ranked if they are adequately ready to do so. > > People who are hard stuck, are hard stuck because they ruin their own mmr by consistently losing in ranked. If they even took some time to master a champion or learn game mechanics a bit better in normals and they went to ranked they would be better off. > > If you cant see improvement in normals then you certainly will not see improvements in ranked. > > Ranked is for evaluation, not for miraculous improvement. As you have stated if you get blocked from ranked for a specific period of time, you solely deserved it under my system. > > I'm not giving you a ranked cooldown because you were bad, I'm giving it to you cause "you were intentionally bad, actively making poor decisions, over a series of games, and your teammates reported you." If you fall in this basket you dont deserve to play ranked for awhile because you are ruining the game for yourself and others. > > > You will see more improvements in your own games if you play outside of ranked, and then bring your best skills into ranked. Rather then maintaining grinding losses. > > Also based on the KDA from your last few games you wouldn't even get stopped by system as you do not meet the .25 KDA requirement. > > That means you only get less then 1 kill or assist per 4 deaths. You didn't read my post. I have zero interest in playing normals to learn. I get nothing from it. I have a 56% win rate in normals on Janna and a 14% win rate in ranked. What do I gain by playing more in normals? When I do play normal it us either duo with my 11 year old son or with my friends that are all gold/platinum. If I am going to learn how to win on ranked, it should be by playing ranked. I don't want to play normals now.....if bad players and trolls are forced into normals only it will be worse. Just because my history shows that I wouldn't get stopped due to my kda, the threat of it means I have to be thinking about it throughout the game and if i have a bad start, then i need to play exclusively to keep my kda above a certain level because it I get killed trying to win, it increases the chance that I will get stopped. Anything that makes you put a stat above trying to win the game at any point during the game is not something you want.
Hvsao (NA)
: IF you read the post, it clearly states that winning will prevent you from receiving this cooldown. IT is aimed for repeat offenders. I do not justify players who consistently play poorly or actively play poorly having access to ranked games. You should not have to have your ranked gaming experience ruined by someone who does not value the game mode. I promise I'm not trying to punish people for having 1 bad game, but rather: The player who trolls your game and feeds for one reason or another. The players who know they are bad at certain champions and consistently pick them. That yasuo player who has never won with yasuo, but will pick yasuo in a ranked game. The players who bring a new champion into ranked without ever playing them. The player who is tilting because of a losing streak, but refuses to take a healthy break. These players are abusing their ranked privileges and wholistically ruin the game for their teammates. Giving them a break from ranked will have a positive effect on them and others. You dont have to deal with this player in game. The player locked out of ranked plays normals or stops playing for a bit and cools down.
> [{quoted}](name=Hvsao,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yxnK2V3B,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:37:45.594+0000) > > IF you read the post, it clearly states that winning will prevent you from receiving this cooldown. > > IT is aimed for repeat offenders. I do not justify players who consistently play poorly or actively play poorly having access to ranked games. You should not have to have your ranked gaming experience ruined by someone who does not value the game mode. > > I promise I'm not trying to punish people for having 1 bad game, but rather: > > The player who trolls your game and feeds for one reason or another. > > The players who know they are bad at certain champions and consistently pick them. That yasuo player who has never won with yasuo, but will pick yasuo in a ranked game. > > The players who bring a new champion into ranked without ever playing them. > > The player who is tilting because of a losing streak, but refuses to take a healthy break. > > These players are abusing their ranked privileges and wholistically ruin the game for their teammates. > > Giving them a break from ranked will have a positive effect on them and others. > > You dont have to deal with this player in game. > > The player locked out of ranked plays normals or stops playing for a bit and cools down. I did read your post. Essentially you want bad players to be restricted from ranked play because you believe it will make it better for you. I am iron 4. I play ranked mainly because I want to see my improvement....something you can't get from normals. Plus I have found normal games to be just as toxic as ranked and significantly more trolls. If I were blocked from ranked play, I would stop playing the game. Because of my rank, I am usually the only iron player in the game....meaning I am also the worst player on my team. Sometimes I have a good game (b or c) but I am never the carry. A few months ago, I was getting matched with other iron, but it took 8-10 minutes to get into a game and that meant that if one person dodged, I was done for the night so I sometimes would have to go 2-3 days without playing. The ranked system is a comparative system. There is no specific "skill" that defines a silver 2 player or any other rank. The bottom 1% of the player base is iron. If you discourage those players from playing ranked, all the bronze 4 people will become iron and everyone else will shift down. It will NOT help people climb. If I ever get good enough to be gold or higher, my life will be exactly the same as it is now. How will your life change if you rank up? If you ever get me in your game be happy you have someone trying. It is still better than having a silver troll on your team.
Tailypo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A8h7LrYc,comment-id=000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:11:48.068+0000) > > But...you already mixed up intentional feeding with **being bad at the game** in this very thread. > > Everyone thinks it's easy to detect the **intent** in intentional feeding. Please enlighten us on how you would do that, and no, KDA isn't how it's done. I didnt mix anything up. I said that if someone feeds 0-12 in 10 minutes, I believe they're probably in the wrong division, regardless of intent. Under such circumstances, where a player singlehandedly throws an otherwise winnable game, I see no reason the LP loss should not be distributed accordingly.
> [{quoted}](name=Tailypo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A8h7LrYc,comment-id=0000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:18:42.649+0000) > > I didnt mix anything up. I said that if someone feeds 0-12 in 10 minutes, I believe they're probably in the wrong division, regardless of intent. > > Under such circumstances, where a player singlehandedly throws an otherwise winnable game, I see no reason the LP loss should not be distributed accordingly. The problem that you run into is that if someone feeds 0-12 in 10 minutes and they refuse to leave the game, everyone takes normal LP loss but if you can convince them to afk then only the feeder gets the LP loss. I get enough flaming when I have a bad game. I don't need people demanding that I quit on top of it. I'm very low elo and as a result, it's not unusual to be facing someone 8 ranks above me so I have my share of games where I'm simply outplayed.
Hvsao (NA)
: Idk what your getting at. Their are 3 things that need to happen for this to "cooldown" to be applied. 1.) Play poorly (Bad KDA) is easiest metric. 2.) Losing the game or consistently playing poorly. 3.) Getting reported. Your argument has such a lack of content, I'm not sure why you even posted. So why dont you use your big kid words, and actually come with a real paragraph.
> [{quoted}](name=Hvsao,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yxnK2V3B,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T17:00:12.467+0000) > > Idk what your getting at. Their are 3 things that need to happen for this to "cooldown" to be applied. > > 1.) Play poorly (Bad KDA) is easiest metric. > 2.) Losing the game or consistently playing poorly. > 3.) Getting reported. > > > Your argument has such a lack of content, I'm not sure why you even posted. So why dont you use your big kid words, and actually come with a real paragraph. The main reason is that it puts KDA above actually winning. If your team is behind and you have let's say a 25% chance of defending your base but if you do, you will win, the correct strategy would be to protect your KDA and take the loss rather than risk punishment by getting killed trying for a longshot win.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: What winrate do you actually need to skip divisions?
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V6QsAUsj,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-29T22:22:44.219+0000) > > I've came back to playing ranked this week... and i just wonder the question in the title... > i've got this > https://imgur.com/a/Tekj1QX > > My actual winrate is 58% It's not drive by win rate, but by your mmr compared to rank. If your mmr is so far above your rank, it will skip divisions.
: > [{quoted}](name=1wolfpack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tfQUbO2,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T16:34:46.581+0000) > > Your right I meant 975K BE = 975 RP, apologies. no listen its literally one of the most simple things there is. we already know that 6300 BE = 975 RP. we know this because champions in the store that sell for 6300 BE also sell for 975 RP its that simple if they wanted to double the amount of BE required for the conversion then that would be somewhat reasonable and understandable. but to think any higher is just plain idiotic.
> [{quoted}](name=Ho1d This Q,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tfQUbO2,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-29T16:51:39.596+0000) > > no listen its literally one of the most simple things there is. we already know that 6300 BE = 975 RP. we know this because champions in the store that sell for 6300 BE also sell for 975 RP its that simple if they wanted to double the amount of BE required for the conversion then that would be somewhat reasonable and understandable. but to think any higher is just plain idiotic. If they did something it would not be an even exchange. I play one game a day and easily get more than 6300 be every month. If riot used that conversion, they would be giving away more than $10 million in rp every month. There would be no reason for anyone to spend money on the game at all. I would not complain if they did some sort of conversion, but if they did, expect it to be extremely lopsided....maybe 100K be for 1000 rp.
: also, not to sound whiney or complain or anything, but I think its kind of arrogant and offensive to hold Iron, bronze, and silver players to the same standards as pros and hyper elo players and not see anything wrong with it. i 100% agree that everyone should strive to be like and play like the pros and emulate them when it will benefit you, but, it took most of them 3-5+ years to have the mechanics of this game down to the point that they do, and they expect everyone to automatically be there without practice? and yes i know that the grading system is an average for each champ across all ranks in your region, but when you take into account the fact that the average cs at 40 mins in diamond is at least 300, and then look at low elo where at 40 mins it is barely breaking 150 most of the time. that would make the average around 220-250 cs at 40 mins, something that is cake for high elo, whereas someone at low elo would have to go out of their way literally the entire game to reach those numbers. its just very heavily weighed to the high elo players and is pretty unfair. Edit: oh and i also forgot to mention that Iron and low Bronze are not counted in the grading system because it would "lower the average to a point that we see to be too easy for players to achieve."
> [{quoted}](name=ChampionHurley,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BKATdvNy,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-29T01:25:24.688+0000) > > also, not to sound whiney or complain or anything, but I think its kind of arrogant and offensive to hold Iron, bronze, and silver players to the same standards as pros and hyper elo players and not see anything wrong with it. i 100% agree that everyone should strive to be like and play like the pros and emulate them when it will benefit you, but, it took most of them 3-5+ years to have the mechanics of this game down to the point that they do, and they expect everyone to automatically be there without practice? and yes i know that the grading system is an average for each champ across all ranks in your region, but when you take into account the fact that the average cs at 40 mins in diamond is at least 300, and then look at low elo where at 40 mins it is barely breaking 150 most of the time. that would make the average around 220-250 cs at 40 mins, something that is cake for high elo, whereas someone at low elo would have to go out of their way literally the entire game to reach those numbers. its just very heavily weighed to the high elo players and is pretty unfair. They don't hold you to the same standards. While you may not be able to keep up with high elo on some stats, others will be easier. Cs is harder because of your skill, but it is easier than if you were in a high elo game. Kda is easier....I'm iron 4 and went 3/4/12 as support. I'd be lucky to get one assist and anything less than 10 deaths would be good for me in an iron game. Vision is easier at low elo as long as you remember to ward because players don't take them down as quick.
: >Surely if you belong in a higher elo, you can place in the top 4 If you're a diamond playing with 7 other diamond players, 1 of the diamond players will be 8th place just by nature of the game. And if all 8 players are of exactly the same skill level, RNG becomes the only defining factor of who is 1st and 8th. Average of all placements is not 0 LP, average of all placements is -5 LP. My LP gains (on average): 1st +40 2nd +28 3rd +18 4th +6 5th -9 6th -25 7th -40 8th -60 Total = if I play 8 games and get 1st once, 2nd once... 8th once, I will have lost 42 LP
> [{quoted}](name=XinZhao2WinNhao,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=QyAAJdUh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-28T17:17:00.775+0000) > > If you're a diamond playing with 7 other diamond players, 1 of the diamond players will be 8th place just by nature of the game. > > And if all 8 players are of exactly the same skill level, RNG becomes the only defining factor of who is 1st and 8th. > > Average of all placements is not 0 LP, average of all placements is -5 LP. > > My LP gains (on average): > > 1st +40 > 2nd +28 > 3rd +18 > 4th +6 > 5th -9 > 6th -25 > 7th -40 > 8th -60 > > Total = if I play 8 games and get 1st once, 2nd once... 8th once, I will have lost 42 LP The problem that you are not diamond playing against other diamond. You are one of the top players so chances are most of the players are below you. If it were all even there wouldn't be the discrepancy in the gains and losses. At silver 2, I'm usually in the middle but there are some bronze and some gold in my games. My son and I were watching a challenger streamer and he waited 12 minutes to get into a game and the 2nd highest was diamond 2. If you assume that you are one of the better players in the games you are in, it is expected that you will place top 4 more often than not. As a result, if you placed once in each place over 8 games you will drop because at your skill vs lower skilled players you are expected to do better than that.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Yd1q59Jh,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T00:21:19.226+0000) > > It punishes innocent players by limiting their matchmaking pool at the whim of other players even without a valid reason. > > And no. You know damn well from reading this board that players would report people who had bad games or didn't listen to their "shotcalls", regardless of the fact that neither of those are valid reason to ban. > > In fact, you suggest that you would abuse such a system in this way - thus making your post a prime example of why it won't be implemented. We still need a solution for this issue an since you are not providing one then the only solution we have is what op suggested. It may not be perfect or unabusable but at least he is trying to provide a solution to make the game better for people.
> [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Yd1q59Jh,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-27T00:26:48.129+0000) > > We still need a solution for this issue an since you are not providing one then the only solution we have is what op suggested. It may not be perfect or unabusable but at least he is trying to provide a solution to make the game better for people. We only need a solution is the problem is widespread. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had the same teammates in back to back games and the most times I've gotten the same teammate over an entire season is five times and that person wasn't one I would report for toxicity. If the issue is only outliers, then you don't need to address it because one a a thousand or ten thousand or however many games it happens are upsetting people. If the potential for abuse outweighs the benefit of the solution you absolutely don't want to implement it. I am iron 4 and because of when I play, most of my games are with bronze and sometimes silver players on both teams. If the OPs suggestion were implemented, I can guarantee that I would report not only the toxic and bad players, but any other iron players on either team.....only for the reason that it decreases the chance of having a 2nd iron on my team, but increases the chance that the other team will have multiple iron players.....increasing my chance of winning.
: (piss off kid) Commonly used to tell someone to leave you alone, can't believe you couldn't figure that out.
> [{quoted}](name=XXXTESTICLE,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4i5JRwms,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T19:55:58.997+0000) > > (piss off kid) Commonly used to tell someone to leave you alone, can't believe you couldn't figure that out. I don't know about commonly..... I stopped talking to people that way 30 years ago because it made me sound childish and immature.
: i don't get your point. I was acting like an adult defending myself, I'm not gonna be bullied by children on a game.
> [{quoted}](name=XXXTESTICLE,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4i5JRwms,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-23T18:55:36.044+0000) > > i don't get your point. I was acting like an adult defending myself, I'm not gonna be bullied by children on a game. I'm curious as to how "piss off kid" is defensive or is considered acting like an adult....and that was one of your milder comments.
: Anyone who goes like 1-13 or 2-10 is intentionally feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=re2Bn8N4,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:11:27.301+0000) > > Anyone who goes like 1-13 or 2-10 is intentionally feeding. Here is a scenario. I'm an iron 4 player who gets placed in game with bronze/silver. Playing a tank support leona, my adc decides to go full jungle...so we are running two jungle and I am left alone against jinx/soraka who are 5 ranks above me with pokes that I can't counter. I'm left to sit under tower trying to stun if they get too close and no way to cs. To top it off their jungle comes down whenever I fall below half health to finish me 3v1. I try to hold as well as i can but don't do well. Once the towers start falling I start sticking with the largest group of teammates. In the end I go 0/10 but do end up with 6 assists. Is that intentional feeding? If so, how would you play it different. I could have just farmed away from any enemies, but I wouldn't have gotten the assists.... so it I had gone 0/2/0that would have been fine?
: Turn off Automatic Autofill.
> [{quoted}](name=Derpjutsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=13At35oE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-20T04:19:29.273+0000) > > Giving me a "Leaverbuster" because you constantly throw me in a roll that i do not wish to play, especially on a low level account, is a BIT ridiculous. > > This is happening CONSTANTLY in low account games. I will GLADLY wait until i can play the role(s) i have selected. > > Forcing low level accounts, many of which are actually new players, to play a role they don't know or have the knowledge for, is a bit crazy. How long would you be willing to wait? 30 minutes? Longer? Remember the day they turned on TFT but capped the number of games that could go to test the server load? The waits were 15 minutes as soon as I had the patch downloaded and an hour later the waits were at 90 minutes....and that was without role choices. The constraint was on the number of games allowed to go simultaneously. In normal league the constraint is on the least popular role. And unless you can relieve the constraint, the waits on all other roles will continue to increase.
: So you're saying some feeders should be banned and some should not? That makes no sense.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=re2Bn8N4,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T22:41:21.704+0000) > > So you're saying some feeders should be banned and some should not? That makes no sense. Intentional feeders should be banned.
: Well that doesnt seem that helpful. Especially with Honorable Opponent being gone. People usually honor someone who carries the game, so if you aren't, gl getting any honor.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tyubtMEs,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-08-19T20:40:10.596+0000) > > Well that doesnt seem that helpful. Especially with Honorable Opponent being gone. People usually honor someone who carries the game, so if you aren't, gl getting any honor. I'm up to honor 4 this season playing only 1 game a day and I can count on 1 finger the number of times I've carried.
: Do your part and lets get rid of all the feeders from SoloQ.
There are feeders in every game. If there weren't, then no one would get fed and every game would be a stalemate.
: LP loss for getting 8th place
> [{quoted}](name=TheyCallMeMata,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a2bUFpiT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-19T19:28:16.885+0000) > > I am in plat2, and when I play solo queue in TFT, I lose 60lp for getting 8th place. I don't know why anyone would need to face that severe of a punishment (losing 60lp) for losing one single game. That's like putting someone who's at more than half way towards a higher division, back into a position facing demotion. I highly doubt one single game can represent a player's skill level to that much of an extent. Also, most people worked really hard for 60lp, unless him/her is constantly getting first/second place. As of me, I only get 17lp for getting 3rd place. So if I get 3rd place 4 times in a row and get 8th place in a single game I would be facing demotion. I believe any player who can get 3rd place 4 times in a row is qualified for the rank he/she is at. And I feel the LP gain/loss system needs to be improved. At plat 2, you are in the top 3% of all players. It is reasonable that you are getting matched up with people well below your skill level. (I watched a challenger streamer wait 12 mins for a match and the 2nd best player was diamond 2) If you are gaining 17 for a 3rd and losing 60 for 8th, in your scenario you are going 21-10 over 5 games and gaining 8 Lp. If the people in your game are typically well below your skill, then beating 2 of 3 opponents is expected and your rank would hold steady.
: I feel like LP should reflect you personally in solo queue, and provide a small bonus for winning.... You should not gain 20 LP for winning after going 0/11/2, 10 creepscore, and 0 wardscore. You should not lose 20 LP for losing after going 11/2/10, 200 creepscore, 40+ wardscore. However, the problem is they want it to be played as a team game, which means your individual skill does not actually matter much for the win condition as you only represent 20% of the team's entire efficiency and win codition. Outside of hypercarries and smurfs that can seemingly represent 60%... potentially putting the team over a 100% efficiency and win chance, but that's a different story.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkstar Annie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EYMXgFeH,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-16T19:04:15.366+0000) > > I feel like LP should reflect you personally in solo queue, and provide a small bonus for winning.... > You should not gain 20 LP for winning after going 0/11/2, 10 creepscore, and 0 wardscore. > You should not lose 20 LP for losing after going 11/2/10, 200 creepscore, 40+ wardscore. > > However, the problem is they want it to be played as a team game, which means your individual skill does not actually matter much for the win condition as you only represent 20% of the team's entire efficiency and win codition. > > Outside of hypercarries and smurfs that can seemingly represent 60%... potentially putting the team over a 100% efficiency and win chance, but that's a different story. It's still subjective. A support that goes 0/11/2 defending bot lane solo against 3 enemies while the adc runs duo jungle and clean up the rest of the map should not be punished extra for a loss or gain less for a win. You are also saying there needs to be a predefined way to play the game and anything that strays from it is wrong and therefore should be penalized in the ranking system.
Flintlock (EUW)
: Hextech should benefit your team instead of denying your opponent.
I think the purpose of the hextech trait is to discourage item stacking and to provide a counter to someone that does. Your solution does the opposite and makes item stacking and getting an item advantage even more powerful. It also makes the hextech ability useless if you don't have items. I only have 3 games in on the patch, but it seems to be serving its purpose even if it still needs some balancing. If others are running hextech, I don't worry if I don't have many items or I spread my team/items to minimize the impact. Switching to get a hextech late game gives me a chance against the 3 item Lucian I can't beat...but I need to make sure I position my team to make sure the lucian doesn't survive 8 seconds or I still lose.
: There are two sad facts. We own Riot. but We, doesn't mean boards/reddit/twitter etc. We as part of whole community, whole community, where majority are voiceless casuals or players that don't mind things and will pay for anything... So no, excusing Riots practices bcs they are company isn't quite accurity, they are allowed to act like this bcs we let them. I'm not against monetization of stat tracking system, but it should be worth it... Not this crap! Call me entitled for expecting product that is worth it's price. >Riot wouldn't exist without its investors Wrong, they wouldn't exist without us, mindless crowd paying for everything, we might be happy that Riot is realizing it now, after many years... I can't even understand how you can even think about advocating for such a bullshit, I have been on Boards for long time, if you ask few ppl that had conversation with me, they might call me Riot support, white knight or whatever better insult they could come up with. But no, I can't play devils advocate when they take data they already have(Your year in review already shows majority of data that will by displayed by eternals), so all of this crap is simply tying up API data together. Yeah 850 rp(won't be able to get that for 5 dollars, so even when you want it only for one champ, you have to buy 10 dollars worth of RP) for 3 eternals out of 6 for one champ. Nice, these challanges are worth it, right? Oh, there is nothing special about them? Nvm, rather let few thousands of employees to play games in work time, bond together while blind sheeps are paying :) It looks like my time has come and I will become the type of person I would argue with few months back...
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tOpWEQWp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-14T20:48:30.207+0000) > > There are two sad facts. > > We own Riot. > > but > > We, doesn't mean boards/reddit/twitter etc. We as part of whole community, whole community, where majority are voiceless casuals or players that don't mind things and will pay for anything... > > So no, excusing Riots practices bcs they are company isn't quite accurity, they are allowed to act like this bcs we let them. > > I'm not against monetization of stat tracking system, but it should be worth it... Not this crap! > > Call me entitled for expecting product that is worth it's price. > > Wrong, they wouldn't exist without us, mindless crowd paying for everything, we might be happy that Riot is realizing it now, after many years... > > I can't even understand how you can even think about advocating for such a bullshit, I have been on Boards for long time, if you ask few ppl that had conversation with me, they might call me Riot support, white knight or whatever better insult they could come up with. > > But no, I can't play devils advocate when they take data they already have(Your year in review already shows majority of data that will by displayed by eternals), so all of this crap is simply tying up API data together. Yeah 850 rp(won't be able to get that for 5 dollars, so even when you want it only for one champ, you have to buy 10 dollars worth of RP) for 3 eternal out of 6 for one champ. Nice, these challanges are worth it, right? Oh, there is nothing special about them? Nvm, rather let few thousands of employees to play games in work time, bond together while blind sheep are paying :) > > It looks like my time has come and I will become the type of person I would argue with few months back... You refer to the player base as voiceless casuals, mindless crowd, and blind sheep. You can agree with what riot chooses to monetize or not, but to suggest that people that do choose to spend money on the game are too stupid to know what they are paying for is an insult to the entire community. The few times I have spent money on this game or any game, it's because I found value in what was being offered, not because I'm throwing money at some greedy company just because. I won't be willing to pay $10 to have a badge for accomplishment, but I might pay a dollar. Either way, it's my choice and not some mindless choice. Riot can price how they want and I will decide if it's worth it to me.
: I want to wait 10 minutes in queue.
> [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nA3jZwvv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-12T21:44:08.943+0000) > > Please, please, please, let me disable autofill and wait 10 minutes in queue so I can play a 30 min game that I actually want to enjoy without getting tilted or afk kicked due to falling asleep because im autofilled to the complete dogshit role called jungle that I have no desire to play, and never will have. > Or let me pick 3 ideal roles so If somehow top and mid are both taken i still get to enjoy support. > What possitive even comes out of autofill? Faster games and it helps reinforces your 50% winrate, I've never had a possitive experience with autofill or my part or my teams, no one wants a autofilled : Support, adc, mid, top, jungle thats just straight up throwing the game. > I. Want. To. Wait. 10. Minutes. For. A. _REAL._ Game. : ) You really believe it will only be 10 minutes? Remember when tft went live with a cap on the number games going? Wait time started at 5 mins and jumped to 90 mins over a couple hours. Would you be willing to wait 90 minutes?
: > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jVHf3vn4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-11T16:23:32.855+0000) > > At this point, I kinda dare Riot to implement the opt-out system for a couple of days or a week. > > Just so they can point to the shit-storm it creates and shut up the arguments to remove autofill while having statistics to back it up. The community isn't composed entirely of people who are willing to wait long lengths of time just to get into a game. For autofill to work everyone has to be on board, not just part of the community. > > If you separate it into two different queues here's what will happen. > > People who main Support, the role that's often needed when autofilled, will primarily flock to the non-autofill queue because it's guaranteed to immediately give them a queue pop for their role. > > Causing autofill queue to lack support players **even more**. Autofill queue will either autofill more often or the queue times start getting longer to compensate. > > As queue times extend even for autofill more people will just queue for non-autofill since the reason they would queue for that mode, the better queue time, becomes negligible as less and less people choose autofill queue. > > Then you just have most people in the non-autofill queue, resulting in the problem that necessitated autofill in the first place. Queue times too long because the preference of roles in the community is lopsided. > > Now the only thing that brings down queue time are players that decide waiting 30+ minutes just to get into the game is not worth their time and they just don't play. > > But I digress, even if it were removed briefly and things were really bad there would still be people that would say, "Well **I** didn't have a problem with waiting an extra hour" or "Riot didn't implement it right". It's literally so simple. Opt-in and you get higher priority and faster queues, but you may get autofilled. Opt-out and you get longer queue times, lower priority but you always get your role. Great for both type of people. A little checkbox under the role selection and we are golden.
> [{quoted}](name=SoupCharge,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jVHf3vn4,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-11T16:40:54.569+0000) > > It's literally so simple. Opt-in and you get higher priority and faster queues, but you may get autofilled. Opt-out and you get longer queue times, lower priority but you always get your role. Great for both type of people. A little checkbox under the role selection and we are golden. So a mid who has been waiting for 20 mins with an opt out would have to wait for a mid that just queued up but would opt in? I'd be ok with that. Another option would be to remove the autofill....choose the role you want and be given an estimate based on your role. You can see up front that support has a 1 minute wait and mid has a 90 minute wait and pick the role you want.
: WHY THE **** IS AUTOFILL A THING?
> [{quoted}](name=SoupCharge,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jVHf3vn4,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-11T16:03:03.276+0000) > > By far the worst experiences I have had with league have been with autofill. It has decimated all other features in terms of how toxic and unenjoyable the experience can get. Either someone on our team is autofilled and trolls because they can't play their role. OR, I get autofilled and I hate playing sup/bot/top or where ever I get placed. I'm queueing up for certain experience, not to play something I didn't want, do poorly, and then get flamed at by my teammates and go down in ranking. Thing can get unbelievably toxic with autofill, it is just stupid. > > Proposed Solution: > _**Give people the option to opt in or out of autofill**_ > > Riot, stop trying to control what people want and simply give them what they want. I would **_HAPPILY_** wait 10 - 20 minutes if that is what it took to play the role I wanted. I don't want to get autofilled, then be forced to dodge, or be forced to play a game I didn't want to play, and then end up getting flamed and playing terrible. IT SIMPLY IS NOT FUN. It makes me dislike the game. > > PLEASE RIOT FIX AUTOFILL It can't be an opt in or opt out. Anyone that opts in will have to be willing to be autofilled a higher percentage of their games than now....and the more people that opt out, the bigger that percentage becomes. Example....you have nine players on a baseball team. No one wants to play right field, so everyone gets forced to play one inning at right field. Sucks for everyone one inning in the game. One person opts out by refusing. Now one other player will have to play 2 innings or game at right field to make up for the one that refuses. Two innings is unacceptable for someone so he opts out. Now two out of the remaining 7 each have to play twice innings at right field....keep going until the last person is forced to play the whole game at right even though he doesn't want to....then what happens? No one has autofill on anymore.
suhdooh (NA)
: teammate criticism
In mmo's like wow, you have a choice of teammates and if you don't like who you are playing with, you can choose not to group with them. As a result, the people you end up playing with are comfortable with your communications. If someone doesn't like the way you talk to them, you will likely never play with them again. All you need is to find a half dozen people you enjoy playing with and you never have to worry about random teammates. In league, you don't have that option, so you can't make the assumption that everyone is ok with being called a degenerate or whatever words you choose to use. If you don't know, talk to people the way you would meeting a stranger for the first time. I dont get easily offended, but I'm also not good and need to focus on what I'm doing. Making me have look at the chat just to find name calling and criticism...directed at me or not takes my attention away from playing and makes me play worse. More than a couple comments like that will get a report because its reducing my ability to play at me best. Calling out mistakes is useless and tilting to me. Most of the time I know I screwed up. Having one or more people that feel the need to point it out is just throwing salt in the wound. Knowing how I need to adjust my play to fix the outcome or prevent it from happening might be useful IF AND ONLY IF it can be applied immediately, but I only occasionally get that......"farm better...." does nothing in game.
cUEthel (EUW)
: 99% people on the boards
85% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 92% of all people believe them whether they are real statistics or not.
: Then you should get 7 wins worth of LP. Not 30Lp for 1st place while lose 70+ for 8th.
> [{quoted}](name=KinkaruGamingTTV,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=0b5ffd7p,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-08-07T07:19:35.450+0000) > > Then you should get 7 wins worth of LP. Not 30Lp for 1st place while lose 70+ for 8th. You do get 7 wins worth of LP. If you are high elo and you get 7 wins in a game where everyone is lower than you, you gain less because you are expected to do well. 8th place should hurt more than 1st helps if you are winning against people you are better than.
: you should lose less lp when theres an afk and the afk should be punished more heavily
> [{quoted}](name=ibeturgood,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WG8IEHaQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-06T23:13:01.204+0000) > > you should lose less lp when theres an afk and the afk should be punished more heavily Then you should also gain less lp is the other team has an afk. Not fair that you should get the full benefit of a free win.
Show more

Unker139

Level 84 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion