Attavk (NA)
: The amount of how broken the reporting system is and how it can be used against you.
Why do you need to ask for reports. Your own report is all thats needed.
Mc Raton (NA)
: Can Riot do something about smurf who play on sub account only to stomp lower elo ?
: To let him know that the elo he is playing is not apropriate for him when i join a ranked game i am looking to play my game as good as possibble and also help my teamates win this guy tho was just tower diving when he was 3 lvls behing the guy he was diving ok i get it i can just report him after game bubt that was my only hope he stops doing this i really dont like having this type of player as teamates or enemies when i play in platinum elo i want my teamates and my enemies to be platinum not diamond not gold i just want them to play like the division they are on plays
> [{quoted}](name=girl destroyer,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q3KRgsRE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-19T19:45:59.899+0000) > > To let him know that the elo he is playing is not apropriate for him when i join a ranked game i am looking to play my game as good as possibble and also help my teamates win this guy tho was just tower diving when he was 3 lvls behing the guy he was diving ok i get it i can just report him after game bubt that was my only hope he stops doing this i really dont like having this type of player as teamates or enemies when i play in platinum elo i want my teamates and my enemies to be platinum not diamond not gold i just want them to play like the division they are on plays They can't control the game they are put in. Again...if you are trying to win and help your teammates win, does telling a teammate they are bad help you accomplish this? Seems to me that you are trying to make it harder for your team to win.
: Behaivour question
> [{quoted}](name=girl destroyer,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Q3KRgsRE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-19T19:32:37.560+0000) > > So recently i said to sb in a game you know you are bad and you play like an inter not any offence i just told him that you know you are bad player and asked him if he gets boost i am not offensive or what i am not even using inapropriate words he was calling me toxic tho and asked my teamates to report me . So my question is is this considered flame because really thats just my opinion about his skills i am not offensive in any way in my mind this is like calling someone a good player but the opposite is there a way this is reportable or even bbanable? thanks for your time {{item:3157}} What are you hoping to gain by calling someone bad in game?
Nier64 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5IzI9VXh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-18T22:14:14.076+0000) > > As long as he is actually playing his own games on his own account, it is allowed. At some point the master won't be able to compensate for weaker player and they both will stop climbing and the boosted player will never be able to keep the rank on his own. So people can just boost with no consequences? Seems like a pretty big flaw.
> [{quoted}](name=Nier64,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5IzI9VXh,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-18T22:17:45.809+0000) > > So people can just boost with no consequences? > Seems like a pretty big flaw. He is playing his own games. Even if you did make it punishable how would you enforce it? Two gold accounts duoing together isn't punishable. Playing on a smurf account isn't punishable and also isn't enforcable.
Nier64 (NA)
: A player I know is getting boosted by a duo smurf, is this reportable?
As long as he is actually playing his own games on his own account, it is allowed. At some point the master won't be able to compensate for weaker player and they both will stop climbing and the boosted player will never be able to keep the rank on his own.
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: What is a good LP gain for winning in ranked matches? - what would suggest high MMR for your rank?
I think it's about 20, but if in general your gains are greater than your losses, then your MMR is better than the average at your rank.
: I understand that it's hard to prove it but it's also sad that a 115m playerbase game still doesn't have the technology to fight feeders. It's a team game and if only one person is slacking it's already way harder to win, not to mention premades of 2-3 that int and blame other two guys for their poor performance. I usually try to help if I'm mid and winning and top is feeding I'd switch with top but some people don't even care, don't want to switch and keep going in as a lvl 5 garen with 0/7 against lvl 9 7/0 aatrox.. I hope Riot will do something about feeders because even if playerbase is big, that's mostly old players making new accounts, not actual new players as it can be seen that low level games are full of smurfs.
> [{quoted}](name=MissedYourQ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GBOzLdEn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:44:43.706+0000) > > I understand that it's hard to prove it but it's also sad that a 115m playerbase game still doesn't have the technology to fight feeders. It's a team game and if only one person is slacking it's already way harder to win, not to mention premades of 2-3 that int and blame other two guys for their poor performance. I usually try to help if I'm mid and winning and top is feeding I'd switch with top but some people don't even care, don't want to switch and keep going in as a lvl 5 garen with 0/7 against lvl 9 7/0 aatrox.. I hope Riot will do something about feeders because even if playerbase is big, that's mostly old players making new accounts, not actual new players as it can be seen that low level games are full of smurfs. There are feeders in every game. If there weren't, no one would get fed and there would only be a couple kills per team. I'm assuming you are are referring to intentional feeding, which I've seen one obvious case in three years. (I see my share of afk and rage quitting but not inting.) It dosen't mean they are not there, but if they are trying to avoid punishment then they act the same as a bad player and you can't catch that.
: Most of the people already know that Riot prefers to punish flamers over feeders. This is a huge issue since you can mute flamer while you can't avoid a feeder. This is a MOBA team game, if every person is worth 20% in the team of 5, one trolling is already -20% towards the win, not to mention the total morale of the team drops as one person ints. In high elo when engaging a flamer in your team you would just mute him and keep playing, trying to win. What are you gonna do with a feeder? You can try being nice to the feeder, it sometimes might work, sometimes it might not. It's sad that I know people who suffer more stress on LoL than their dangerous IRL jobs, that's how stressful this game can be to some. Riot needs to wake up, new moba will come around and LoL will be left in shadows along with it's feeding playerbase and staff that isn't competitive to do their job.
> [{quoted}](name=MissedYourQ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GBOzLdEn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-18T15:21:15.016+0000) > > Most of the people already know that Riot prefers to punish flamers over feeders. This is a huge issue since you can mute flamer while you can't avoid a feeder. This is a MOBA team game, if every person is worth 20% in the team of 5, one trolling is already -20% towards the win, not to mention the total morale of the team drops as one person ints. In high elo when engaging a flamer in your team you would just mute him and keep playing, trying to win. What are you gonna do with a feeder? You can try being nice to the feeder, it sometimes might work, sometimes it might not. It's sad that I know people who suffer more stress on LoL than their dangerous IRL jobs, that's how stressful this game can be to some. Riot needs to wake up, new moba will come around and LoL will be left in shadows along with it's feeding playerbase and staff that isn't competitive to do their job. It's not a preference. It's a matter of proof. Feeding is not punishable unless its intentional and then its punished much harsher than toxicity. Proving its intentional is the issue. A speeding ticket is easy. You go over the speed limit, they can show the speed gun and you get a ticket. That's chat punishments. If you pull into an intersection and cause an accident, you are ticketed for failure to yield. If you pulled into the intersection because you wanted to make someone die, that's attempted murder (even if no one is hurt). The question is... how do you prove the intent? Unless there is a pattern over several accidents or the driver admits his intent, there is no way to tell the difference. That's intentional feeding.
Ieafboom (NA)
: I cannot carry silver games, my experience
Your problem is that you are expecting diamond play out of silver players. Your play may be good, but it is also dependent on teammates doing certain things and when they don't, it messes you up. You have to understand what your team and enemies are going to do at the level you are playing at. Do you think a silver player knows how to recognize when a lane has priority or what that even means let alone how to respond? If they don't then how do you get them to respond the way you need them to without flaming? If you can't do that then how can you adjust your play to be more effective? Also, don't forget that the other doesn't understand advanced strategy either so you can take advantage of that. I'm at low iron and when I play brand against another iron, I can poke the other lane to death, deny them cs and it doesn't matter how bad my adc is. Lately I've been getting in game with mostly bronze and they have figure out that it's not hard to dodge my pokes so I need to adjust what I'm doing...(I haven't figured out to what yet or I wouldn't still be iron)
: But then comes another one and another, and I get flamed for losing against an opponent who is leagues better than me.
> [{quoted}](name=CrystalBeard,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oKtKfy93,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T00:57:23.124+0000) > > But then comes another one and another, and I get flamed for losing against an opponent who is leagues better than me. I don't run into many smurfs, but I'm iron and at the time I play there aren't many other iron players. As a result, I'm the only iron in an all bronze game about half the time and I'm usually the weakest player in the game. As a result I'm usually outplayed.... but man it feels great when you pull off an "A" game or better.
: Why are Smurfs allowed?
How do you stop it in a free game? The good news is that they will move up quickly and you won't have to deal with them again.
: > [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cuEXIaQK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T08:44:09.767+0000) > > Yeah sure... if it were 10 minutes no problem. > > In mid to high Diamond though, it would be closer to an hour. > > > Honestly, riot should go back to the original ranked system with no role selection where instead of being a whiny baby, you just had to learn to play other roles. would it really though? Several players queue up as their primary role/fill in the first place. Plus, support and jg (the two least popular roles), are played a lot more in the higher elos than in the higher elos. The queue time would definitely be longer but I don't think it'd be as high as an hour. And personally, I think autofill is even more of a surefire loss in higher elos.
> [{quoted}](name=SpongebobIsLife,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cuEXIaQK,comment-id=00010005,timestamp=2019-07-15T21:40:08.738+0000) > > would it really though? Several players queue up as their primary role/fill in the first place. Plus, support and jg (the two least popular roles), are played a lot more in the higher elos than in the higher elos. > > The queue time would definitely be longer but I don't think it'd be as high as an hour. And personally, I think autofill is even more of a surefire loss in higher elos. It would be that much longer, especially during busy times. Remember day 1 of TFT when there was a cap on the number of games that could run simultaneously and the waits jumped from 15 mins to 90 in just a couple hours? With no autofill, the cap would be the number of players in the least played role, but the result would be the same as what happened with tft.
: >The calculation looks at the MMR of player 1 and compares it to player 2 to determine and expected result. It's not that simple. First it checks how easy it is for your team to win against the enemy team and then it also considers your individual mmr compared to the enemy team. >After the game, the winner gains point based on the expected result and the loser loses the same amount and both players have a new MMR. They do not gain or lose the same amount in most cases as you are not compared to any individual player in the match. This is especially obvious in cases like duos where the other person has higher mmr than the other. >As for the difference between ranks, let do an example. Let's say we use 1200 as an MMR for a player and a K value of 40 (I use 40 because it seems that +/- 20 is the base for LP. A win give you 20 points. After one win, the system thinks you have an expected win rate of 53% over where you were. A 6 game win streak means you are expected to win 67% of the games against players at the same level you were at before your win streak and if you were paired against that person a win would gain you only 13 points for a win but you would lose 27 in a loss. It's completely pointless for you to try to make these calculations because you do not know any exact values or the formula for League's mmr system. Not to mention that last sentence i pretty much impossible scenario because it's not enough that you are against that same guy. Your team has to be on your level and the enemy team would have to be on the other guy's level for those LP gains/losses to be possible. Not to mention you pulled those number out of you hat too. >So if the difference between silver 1 and silver 2 is really a 5-7 game steak, that means that silver 1 player will beat a silver 2 player 2 out of 3 games so is 50% better. I don't the the skill gap is that big in the middle ranks. The skill difference isn't big (only around 100 mmr). It just does take that many games because Riot wants you to grind. There is not a single rank where the person 100 LP above another will beat the guy 67% of the time. Not a single one. Skill is not linear either.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T21:50:36.396+0000) > > It's not that simple. First it checks how easy it is for your team to win against the enemy team and then it also considers your individual mmr compared to the enemy team. > > They do not gain or lose the same amount in most cases as you are not compared to any individual player in the match. This is especially obvious in cases like duos where the other person has higher mmr than the other. > > It's completely pointless for you to try to make these calculations because you do not know any exact values or the formula for League's mmr system. Not to mention that last sentence i pretty much impossible scenario because it's not enough that you are against that same guy. Your team has to be on your level and the enemy team would have to be on the other guy's level for those LP gains/losses to be possible. Not to mention you pulled those number out of you hat too. > > The skill difference isn't big (only around 100 mmr). It just does take that many games because Riot wants you to grind. There is not a single rank where the person 100 LP above another will beat the guy 67% of the time. Not a single one. Skill is not linear either. I may not know their exact formula, but I do know how elo systems work, which is what the MMR calculation is. The system is a net zero system which means that the average rank will always be exactly what the starting value is... whether its 1200 or 10000. However the calculation works the gains and losses are exactly the same. Wherever k value they use doesn't change the expected percentages. A lower k value makes the difference smaller for each win but a win will still make your expected result change by the same over your old rank. The numbers I used may not be exact but they are a good representation of how an elo system works. The unknowns are what the starting value is, what the k value is and what modifications they make (I can't prove anything but it is possible that the expected result us adjusted based on things known after the match is put together.. like champions etc). We also don't know if they use a simple team average MMR (my guess) or something more individual, but we do know that the net gains and losses are the same. Otherwise it is not an elo based system.
: So basically the game has lost players?
> [{quoted}](name=Karoloooo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=43X1EsnE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-12T18:07:37.172+0000) > > So basically the game has lost players? No necessarily. It means there is an imbalance in the number of players who want to play in each role. Feom what I understand it has always been like that. With blind picks, its whoever calls it in chat, but you still end up with people playing where they don't want to. With teambuilder, whoever randomly got first pick got to choose their role but people still had to play where the didn't want to. At least now, once you get forced to play in autofill you have a couple games where you are guaranteed to get your first or second choices, so even though it sucks getting autofilled, it's better than what was there before.
: Why do people defend autofill?
Its not that people like autofill. It's that it's a necessary evil because there are not an equal number of people playing each role. If there are 100 people queued up to play and only 10 supports, then 50 people get to play and 50 people have to wait until two of the supports finish, which can be 15-30 mins. If you are adding 100 people every minute, then the first 50 only have to wait a minute, but then you have 100 people waiting for a support. Every minute 50 games start and 100 more people have to wait. The solution now is to sometimes make someone take the less wanted role to keep things moving along. In my youth hockey, the coach would make everyone play a game as goalie unless he had someone who wanted to play it. Same concept. Another solution would be to let you queue up for whatever role you wanted but give you an estimated wait based on that role....like tft on day one. If you are seeing 90 minute waits to play mid and 1 minute waits on support, more people might be willing to play support and the ones that are willing to wait can do so. What you can't do is make autofill optional because then everyone that allows autofill will get this roles a majority of the time.... a mid player with autofill on in an optional system will never get mid.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T13:35:58.176+0000) > > It's not that the swings in MMR are big, but the difference in MMR in the middle ranks are so small. > > If you isolated 10k players of identical skill on a server and had them all play 10 games. 67% of the would have between 4 and 6 wins. From a percentage, that's all your gold and silver players. MMR calculation pills people toward the average. The further away you get from it - higher or lower, the harder it is to stay there. > > The difference in MMR between the average silver 1 and the average silver 2 is probably less that what you gain or lose from a single match while the difference between a diamond 1 and diamond 2 will be much much greater. > > MMR is a snapshot of a point in time based on recent performance. Rank is earned by being consistently at a higher MMR. A player with a diamond MMR but a gold rank will play games with other diamond MMR. If they deserve to be there, they will play well and the rank will come. Let's address this >MMR calculation pills people toward the average. The further away you get from it - higher or lower, the harder it is to stay there. This is not true at all. This only starts applying when you are on such a high or low level that the matchmaking can't find you equal teammates/enemies. That means if you are in extremely high elo (basically grandmaster+), you might often be the highest mmr player in your matches which naturally means you gain little mmr for wins and lose more for losses. If it would find equal matches though, you would stay there just as easily as a gold player would stay in gold. It's all tied to the "difficulty" of the matches. The mmr system doesn't try to prevent you from staying where you are. >The difference in MMR between the average silver 1 and the average silver 2 is probably less that what you gain or lose from a single match Not even close. The difference is closer to 5-7 straight wins. They also added iron and grand master to remove the huge mmr differences in high and low elo so there isn't such a big gap anymore in diamond for example. >MMR is a snapshot of a point in time based on recent performance. It is not. You are just assuming it is but you are wrong in that regard. Your mmr changes after every game and the more games you have played during the current season, the less it jumps and the amount it changes is more consistent. As an example, at the start of the season you might gain 50-100 mmr for a win but after a while you gain and lose around 20. The mmr isn't a snap shot and doesn't jump from, let's say silver 2 to gold 3 in a few games. >Rank is earned by being consistently at a higher MMR. Which is fundamentally wrong. If you are at a higher mmr, you should have that rank because that is the level of play you are at right now. >A player with a diamond MMR but a gold rank will play games with other diamond MMR. Yes, which means his rank should be diamond. If he doesn't deserve to be there, his mmr will drop which also means his rank will drop. There is absolutely no downside there. > If they deserve to be there, they will play well and the rank will come. Yes, but it takes hundreds of games for your rank to reach your mmr in the current system, which means the rank lies for hundreds of games. Why not just give the player the rank his mmr is at to show the correct skill level the player is currently playing at instead of showing a rank that is incorrect? You are defending a flawed system here. A player who's skill level is diamond 4 may have to play 700 games to get his rank there despite his mmr already being there for a long time. Rank is not an accurate representation of a player's skill level which defeats its entire purpose because that's what it is supposed to do.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T16:00:54.727+0000) > > Let's address this > > This is not true at all. This only starts applying when you are on such a high or low level that the matchmaking can't find you equal teammates/enemies. That means if you are in extremely high elo (basically grandmaster+), you might often be the highest mmr player in your matches which naturally means you gain little mmr for wins and lose more for losses. If it would find equal matches though, you would stay there just as easily as a gold player would stay in gold. It's all tied to the "difficulty" of the matches. The mmr system doesn't try to prevent you from staying where you are. > > Not even close. The difference is closer to 5-7 straight wins. They also added iron and grand master to remove the huge mmr differences in high and low elo so there isn't such a big gap anymore in diamond for example. > > It is not. You are just assuming it is but you are wrong in that regard. Your mmr changes after every game and the more games you have played during the current season, the less it jumps and the amount it changes is more consistent. As an example, at the start of the season you might gain 50-100 mmr for a win but after a while you gain and lose around 20. The mmr isn't a snap shot and doesn't jump from, let's say silver 2 to gold 3 in a few games. > > Which is fundamentally wrong. If you are at a higher mmr, you should have that rank because that is the level of play you are at right now. > > Yes, which means his rank should be diamond. If he doesn't deserve to be there, his mmr will drop which also means his rank will drop. There is absolutely no downside there. > > Yes, but it takes hundreds of games for your rank to reach your mmr in the current system, which means the rank lies for hundreds of games. Why not just give the player the rank his mmr is at to show the correct skill level the player is currently playing at instead of showing a rank that is incorrect? You are defending a flawed system here. A player who's skill level is diamond 4 may have to play 700 games to get his rank there despite his mmr already being there for a long time. Rank is not an accurate representation of a player's skill level which defeats its entire purpose because that's what it is supposed to do. MMR is absolutely a snapshot in time. The calculation looks at the MMR of player 1 and compares it to player 2 to determine and expected result. After the game, the winner gains point based on the expected result and the loser loses the same amount and both players have a new MMR. The calculation doesn't care how you got there - only where you are at right now. As for the difference between ranks, let do an example. Let's say we use 1200 as an MMR for a player and a K value of 40 (I use 40 because it seems that +/- 20 is the base for LP. A win give you 20 points. After one win, the system thinks you have an expected win rate of 53% over where you were. A 6 game win streak means you are expected to win 67% of the games against players at the same level you were at before your win streak and if you were paired against that person a win would gain you only 13 points for a win but you would lose 27 in a loss. So if the difference between silver 1 and silver 2 is really a 5-7 game steak, that means that silver 1 player will beat a silver 2 player 2 out of 3 games so is 50% better. I don't the the skill gap is that big in the middle ranks.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-11T19:53:05.329+0000) > > The swings in MMR compared to rank are far too big - especially in the middle. MMR is a bell curve. The middle 2/3 of the player base are probably within a 10 game streak of each other. That means a bronze 1 player on a 10 game win streak and a gold 3 player on a 10 game losing streak likely have a similar MMR. > > Making rank and MMR the same means that in the middle ranks you can go up or down a whole rank or possible two off one game (silver 1/2 is the 50th percentile right now) If that's the environment you prefer, then by all means keep suggesting it. The swings in mmr are not big at all. The only time they are big is when you are playing the first few games in a season. Otherwise your mmr changes are not different from your LP changes. A 10 game win streak for a bronze 1 player would put him in silver 4 mmr and in that rank too. A gold 3 player would have his mmr be in gold 4 or silver 1. That's not a 10 game difference btw, even your example was a 20 game difference. Oh and here is another thing, currently you could go on a win streak and jump over divisions anyway so quick fluctuation is not unheard of. And that happens because of the difference between your mmr and your rank being too great. That's not enough though. >Making rank and MMR the same means that in the middle ranks you can go up or down a whole rank or possible two off one game (silver 1/2 is the 50th percentile right now) If that's the environment you prefer, then by all means keep suggesting it. Your rank will never go up or down a rank just from one game. Never, unless you are on the edge of that rank already. MMR doesn't work that way. The whole point of ranks is to show your skill level. So ofc i want this to be the case. Currently it doesn't show your skill level. It lies to everyone. If your mmr is in diamond while your rank is gold, you are playing against diamond players, making you a diamond player and not a gold player. So your rank should jump to diamond instantly at that point. There is absolutely no point in showing a wrong rank. It server no purpose.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-12T12:46:38.501+0000) > > The swings in mmr are not big at all. The only time they are big is when you are playing the first few games in a season. Otherwise your mmr changes are not different from your LP changes. A 10 game win streak for a bronze 1 player would put him in silver 4 mmr and in that rank too. A gold 3 player would have his mmr be in gold 4 or silver 1. That's not a 10 game difference btw, even your example was a 20 game difference. Oh and here is another thing, currently you could go on a win streak and jump over divisions anyway so quick fluctuation is not unheard of. And that happens because of the difference between your mmr and your rank being too great. That's not enough though. > > Your rank will never go up or down a rank just from one game. Never, unless you are on the edge of that rank already. MMR doesn't work that way. > The whole point of ranks is to show your skill level. So ofc i want this to be the case. Currently it doesn't show your skill level. It lies to everyone. If your mmr is in diamond while your rank is gold, you are playing against diamond players, making you a diamond player and not a gold player. So your rank should jump to diamond instantly at that point. There is absolutely no point in showing a wrong rank. It server no purpose. It's not that the swings in MMR are big, but the difference in MMR in the middle ranks are so small. If you isolated 10k players of identical skill on a server and had them all play 10 games. 67% of the would have between 4 and 6 wins. From a percentage, that's all your gold and silver players. MMR calculation pills people toward the average. The further away you get from it - higher or lower, the harder it is to stay there. The difference in MMR between the average silver 1 and the average silver 2 is probably less that what you gain or lose from a single match while the difference between a diamond 1 and diamond 2 will be much much greater. MMR is a snapshot of a point in time based on recent performance. Rank is earned by being consistently at a higher MMR. A player with a diamond MMR but a gold rank will play games with other diamond MMR. If they deserve to be there, they will play well and the rank will come.
: Getting autofilled is the worst experience and should be removed!
Until there is balance in the number of people playing in each role, autofill will be necessary. If you don't want to play jungle then convince more people to play jungle until there enough junglers to eliminate the need to autofill to jungle.
: The real question is: why doesn't your rank go hand in hand with your mmr? You get matched according to your mmr and the only purpose of the rank you have is to show your skill level. However, your mmr is your skill level and when it's not the same as your rank, your rank becomes completely useless and pointless to even have. If riot was actually intelligent, they would make rank = mmr. Currently rank =/= mmr. That's actually one of the reasons people complain about matchmaking. They only look at the ranks people have and do not consider the mmr.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9tFfailE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-11T18:17:31.637+0000) > > The real question is: why doesn't your rank go hand in hand with your mmr? You get matched according to your mmr and the only purpose of the rank you have is to show your skill level. However, your mmr is your skill level and when it's not the same as your rank, your rank becomes completely useless and pointless to even have. > > If riot was actually intelligent, they would make rank = mmr. Currently rank =/= mmr. That's actually one of the reasons people complain about matchmaking. They only look at the ranks people have and do not consider the mmr. The swings in MMR compared to rank are far too big - especially in the middle. MMR is a bell curve. The middle 2/3 of the player base are probably within a 10 game streak of each other. That means a bronze 1 player on a 10 game win streak and a gold 3 player on a 10 game losing streak likely have a similar MMR. Making rank and MMR the same means that in the middle ranks you can go up or down a whole rank or possible two off one game (silver 1/2 is the 50th percentile right now) If that's the environment you prefer, then by all means keep suggesting it.
Mártir (EUW)
: Are MMR and ELO the same?
For league, it can be considered the same. ELO is a system that is used to compare the skill of a group of people. It can be modified but it basically assigns a single value to a player starting at a base that will be the average value of all players. A match between two teams/players will be worth a certain value (let's say 32) if the two players have the same Elo value, the winner will gain 16 and the loser will lose 16. If the skills are different, then the gains/losses will change but will always be the same. (+10/-10). For example if a good player beats a bad one, the winner might only gain 5 while the loser only loses 5 because the expected result is what actually happened. You can't quickly improve your rank by beating easy opponents. On the flipside and upset would give 27 to the bad player and the good player would lose 27. Mmr is the elo value riot calculated for matchmaking. You will get assigned a game with people of similar mmr (depending on the availability of players at your level, the range can be bigger at the high and low ends - I am iron and often get put in game where all the other players are bronze.)
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SuicidePlank,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=16YzxUv4,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-10T09:23:38.771+0000) > > Give me two examples. > Also, most of the high Elo Players, especially Streamers, don't get reported. > No Report, no Flag and no looking over the game. When I say "high profile", I don't mean well known streamers. i mean people who int just about every single game and have been doing it for years. They are dime a dozen.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=16YzxUv4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-10T09:26:42.196+0000) > > When I say "high profile", I don't mean well known streamers. > > i mean people who int just about every single game and have been doing it for years. They are dime a dozen. I've been playing for 3 years and I've seen one intentional feed for one death. I've seen a few afks and rage quits, but zero intentional feeders. I'm sure they exist, but if they were a dime a dozen I would expect to see so many more down here in iron since inting every single game for years would put them down in the bottom ranks.
: Does mmr reset after the ranked season ends? And when does this season of ranked end?
> [{quoted}](name=CarrotEater,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G1o4Lmif,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-09T17:04:13.102+0000) > > My mmr right now is very bad compared to my old days because I decided to switch my playing style. Was wondering when the mmr reset/season end was? Mmr does not reset, but since as you play, older games have a smaller and smaller impact, I would worry. It will adjust down to where you are playing and move back up as you improve.
Vodka2287 (EUW)
: So context matter not, and I will be immediately banned for a mere mention of a word? Even if it's not meant as an insult to anyone?
> [{quoted}](name=Vodka2287,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PJGbGEph,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-08T16:23:12.430+0000) > > So context matter not, and I will be immediately banned for a mere mention of a word? Even if it's not meant as an insult to anyone? Just because it wasn't meant as an insult doesn't mean it wasn't taken as one. Unless you know everyone that can see what you are typing, it is much safer to err on the side of caution. My wife's best friend is gay and not easily offended....but how they talk on the phone when she's at home and only he can hear is much different than when we are out in public and she doesn't know who might hear. Everyone in the game is a stranger and it's best to talk to them as you would to a stranger.
: Would love to see this game available in mobile
I would guess that it will be eventually.
: I do but some people soft int perfectly to avoid punishment
> [{quoted}](name=BoRnToKiLL666,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=El8EY6e2,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-03T16:49:55.315+0000) > > I do but some people soft int perfectly to avoid punishment Then how would anything catch it? Did they say they were soft inting?
: Suggestion for different LP losses
> [{quoted}](name=0NoobMaster69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2l8J4QBg,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-02T11:35:39.441+0000) > > Basically I want to suggest that LP losses (and maybe wins too) on ranked games should be distributed accordingly to how much a player feeds and/or kda. > > Here is the scenario for better understanding of what I suggest. You just played a ranked game, that you lost. You actually win lane and play the best you can overall, and you end up 9/2/10, but still that was not enough to win. > > At same time someone else in your team has decided to troll (because he dint get the lane he wanted, because he dint get the champ he wanted, because he's in a bad day, because he tilted, etc .... ) , and feeds 1/21/1, thus being highly responsible for the team losing the game. After the game ends, the whole team loses approximately the same LP, regardless or their effort... > > I think its very unfair, and feeding and trolling players, should be much more punished in LP losses then someone who does good. I can be wrong, as I'm not absolutely sure of how LP is actually distributed, but currently I think its roughly the same, no matter how good or bad you play.... And I think the higher the difference in kda, the higher the LP gain/loss difference should be between players in the same team. > > > > On a win, I also think a good kda ratio should be worth of gaining sligthly more LP then someone who just ends 0/5/1. ( we can't expect a support to have many kills, but assists he should have). > > What you guys think? If people agree with this, how can we take riot to consider this? What you are saying is that when you go 9/2/10 and I go 1/0/1, I should get more of the LP gain and you should get less because I played better?
kPowsz (NA)
: Why I am officially done with Riot games as a company
> [{quoted}](name=kPowsz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vRu3xczq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-01T17:12:35.113+0000) > > Many of you (I know the community that stalks around the forums) will down vote this I am sure, but I dont care. > > recently I was one a two week ban because I call people bad in my games (boohoo get over it), I have NEVER and would never be RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, or just blatantly do something that could be seen as a REAL LIFE crime. > > this is the unfortunate thing about riot games. they dont punish people based on what could be seen as a REAL crime, they punish people based on what the TROLL community believes is offensive. > > one major trend in this game that I always see is there is always a 0/10 (hypothetically speaking, a player doing VERY under par) on the team, and this player is generally the one that is talking about how they are "just having fun, its just a game" -- this is fine BUT, i believe that if this player has the right to play whatever way they want to play, they should have a decision to make, and that decision is to either 1. ACCEPT that they might make some people pissed off and might get called bad OR 2. play better/apologize if they are preforming under par. getting called bad has never, and will never bother me (because it doesn't matter) but I get why someone, including myself call people bad. its our way of venting our frustration about this player. riot doesn't get that players who do bad/trolls/griefers they get the CONTROL the pace of the game.. if ONE player wants the game to be shit, they can feed or just not play properly.. and then riot says "the other 4 players in the game MUST accept this for the minimum 15mins or THEY WILL GET BANNED" - try putting yourself into a real life situation. > > imagine being at work and getting told to do a 20 minute task with a co-worker (this co-worker makes the same amount of money as you and has the same task) now imagine that coworker did nothing the entire time and you guys were unable to complete the task (equivalent to losing a game) and then your boss reprimanded both you AND the coworker. you would be upset but you might be fine the first time. NOW imagine you get this task again and once again this coworker isnt doing anything, but you know you will both be at a loss if you dont get it done so you work EXTRA hard to get it done and you complete the task (win the game 4v5), now you're happy. NOW imagine the third time, and you're building boxes and now the coworker isnt just doing NOTHING but they are breaking down all the boxes that you are building (feeding the lanes), now once again you dont complete you job and you guys punished by your manager. Fourth time comes, and this coworker starts breaking down the boxes, and you're mad because you know, no matter how many boxes you make, its going to be too difficult to build enough with him breaking them down, so you say "hey, can you stop" and the coworker says "lol, no im just having fun, calm down this doesnt matter" so.. human nature kicks in (ANGER IS NATURAL) and you say, "fucking stop you're making this impossible to do and I hate having to work with you because you're bad at this job" - then BAM you lose your job. > --- THIS IS HOW RIOT HANDLES THEIR GAME > > its unbelievably unjust and would not hold up in ANY real world situation.. there is a crime called "aggravated assault" for a reason. > > anyways, just food for thought. the banning system will never change, it has only gotten worse over the years. Your first mistake is that you are assuming that most of the time when people are playing bad it's because they are just playing for fun and don't care about winning. Next, in your work example, you compare telling your coworker that they are bad at their job is the same as in league. Going on the loudspeaker and telling the whole company (everyone) in the game that your coworker is bad at their job is a closer comparison and that would get you reprimanded and probably fired even if you were right. Finally, what are you hoping to gain by telling a player they are bad? Do you think they will suddenly become a better player?
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BkkHQkIb,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:42:35.354+0000) > > I'm in iron and I've had one missed leona ult (not intentional) cause our team to get aced and lose even when we were ahead. > > Are you saying that it is easier to recover from mistakes in gold than in iron? One messed up play at the wrong time can cost a game at any level. A soft inter can play perfectly normal but make sure to "mess up" when it matters. > > Again, how do you catch it? What is more accurate is that your stated perception of what lost you this match comes down to a missed ult. If you are really in Iron (which I will rather doubt, your responses indicate a perception of the game far more coherent than that of an Iron player) then by reviewing your game you could probably identify so many mistakes by both sides that a missing ult would count for next to nothing. In Gold (and plat when I was there), I can consistently do that with my own games. In principle you should be right for the top … I don't know, 0.5% of the ranked player base? Soft inting there would be really hard to detect. In practice in gold (top ~30% of the player base) it's not so hard, soft inters are not as sophisticated as you describe. They are mostly angry people who play without caring if they lose or win. Or people who got boosted there, from silver, to get end-of-season rewards. As for how you catch it... Think about it. How would you catch it? I would look for team+itemisation patterns, for team proximity and I would probably add in a new report category, "Intentionally Underperforming". There are many, many other things, for instance you could trigger an automated search when somebody seems to be consistently dropping MMR to see if they exhibit any of the patterns described in my original post.
> [{quoted}](name=RedeemingLight,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BkkHQkIb,comment-id=000300000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-28T20:52:13.866+0000) > > What is more accurate is that your stated perception of what lost you this match comes down to a missed ult. If you are really in Iron (which I will rather doubt, your responses indicate a perception of the game far more coherent than that of an Iron player) then by reviewing your game you could probably identify so many mistakes by both sides that a missing ult would count for next to nothing. In Gold (and plat when I was there), I can consistently do that with my own games. In principle you should be right for the top … I don't know, 0.5% of the ranked player base? Soft inting there would be really hard to detect. In practice in gold (top ~30% of the player base) it's not so hard, soft inters are not as sophisticated as you describe. They are mostly angry people who play without caring if they lose or win. Or people who got boosted there, from silver, to get end-of-season rewards. > > As for how you catch it... Think about it. How would you catch it? I would look for team+itemisation patterns, for team proximity and I would probably add in a new report category, "Intentionally Underperforming". There are many, many other things, for instance you could trigger an automated search when somebody seems to be consistently dropping MMR to see if they exhibit any of the patterns described in my original post. I am an iron player. Iron 3, 46 LP to be exact. My perception my be good but it's because I look at my play first and I get to watch more gameplay that I can actually play. (Its hard for me to get an hour where I know I won't be interrupted) I can see my weaknesses but can't always see the fixes and as a result, I get inconsistent results. Master Yi doesn't scare me but I can't dodge a Jinx w. My biggest fear with posts like these is that weaker players like me are going to end up getting punished for inting because so many people can't tell the difference between bad play and intentionally trying to ruin games. The punishment for inting is extremely harsh and I agree it should be....twice and you are permanently banned. Soft inting is someone trying to disguise their sabotage as bad play. If you can catch an inter, that's great, but if the result is banning people that don't deserve it that's a problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=Unker139,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BkkHQkIb,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:27:13.113+0000) > > A soft inter is losing games while making it look like they are trying. How do you catch it? > > A player is capable of 7 cs/min but on an alt account plays at 5cs/minto keep from rising too high. > > Intentionally miss every 3rd skill shot or time a healing ult a second too late. > > Count to 10 every time you back to have 1-2 minutes of dead time each game. > > How do catch any of that? A soft inter is making an effort to hide the fact that they are throwing games. You will not catch them unless they admit to what they are doing. That's not enough to lose in Gold. You have to do more blatant stuff. You might lose in diamond but there reports count for a lot more, so it's kinda dangerous.
> [{quoted}](name=RedeemingLight,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BkkHQkIb,comment-id=0003000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:30:26.643+0000) > > That's not enough to lose in Gold. You have to do more blatant stuff. I'm in iron and I've had one missed leona ult (not intentional) cause our team to get aced and lose even when we were ahead. Are you saying that it is easier to recover from mistakes in gold than in iron? One messed up play at the wrong time can cost a game at any level. A soft inter can play perfectly normal but make sure to "mess up" when it matters. Again, how do you catch it?
: Really? After 9 years of running this game, the multi-million dollar company running it cannot figure out a way to implement the rules they established ? Spend more time on it. There are a thousand ideas to stop soft inting. Test them out one by one. Some will work.
> [{quoted}](name=RedeemingLight,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BkkHQkIb,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:17:41.322+0000) > > Really? After 9 years of running this game, the multi-million dollar company running it cannot figure out a way to implement the rules they established ? Spend more time on it. There are a thousand ideas to stop soft inting. Test them out one by one. Some will work. A soft inter is losing games while making it look like they are trying. How do you catch it? A player is capable of 7 cs/min but on an alt account plays at 5cs/minto keep from rising too high. Intentionally miss every 3rd skill shot or time a healing ult a second too late. Count to 10 every time you back to have 1-2 minutes of dead time each game. How do catch any of that? A soft inter is making an effort to hide the fact that they are throwing games. You will not catch them unless they admit to what they are doing.
: Soft Inting-Something HAS to be done...
You can't catch a soft inter unless they admit they are doing it.
: Will ProView last for Worlds or we'll have to buy a new pass?
WolfMan15 (EUNE)
: Please Riot Fix The Game!!!
The way I understand it is that it is not on their end... that the security program is closing the game. The leaverbuster triggers on the player leaving the game. It doesn't know the difference between a player actively closing the game and a third party program doing it.....and i really don't think you want riot tracking your computer activity to ba able to tell the difference. Now it is up to an outside company to fix the problem on their end...and if they can't or won't, then the player needs to find a new antivirus program. What do you expect riot to do that they haven't already?
: Unpopular opinion off meta picks should get you banned no questions asked.
If you are going to make playing off meta champions bannable unless preapproved by your team, then you would need to make the same argument about item builds. There would have to be a set build and order and straying from it would be bannable unless approved by your team. Strategy would also have to be restricted to meta only as well. You would have to have riot predtermine if invading or leashing was the current meta and anyone that doesn't follow would be banned unless approved by the team? And how would you implement all this? Every time someone goes to make an off meta play or buy an off meta item, do you pause the game for a team vote?
Kei143 (NA)
: Back in the days, I let them know I'll be gaming and want to be uninterrupted for 1 hr unless it's for emergencies. If they call you for non-emergency matters, I used the "in 15 minutes later" response. When the game ended, I'll do everything they said and asked if there was any thing else they wanted. This way, you get points for keeping your promise and initiative, in return, you ask for another hour of uninterrupted time.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WybA6EEo,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-23T11:26:19.180+0000) > > Back in the days, I let them know I'll be gaming and want to be uninterrupted for 1 hr unless it's for emergencies. > > If they call you for non-emergency matters, I used the "in 15 minutes later" response. When the game ended, I'll do everything they said and asked if there was any thing else they wanted. > > This way, you get points for keeping your promise and initiative, in return, you ask for another hour of uninterrupted time. As an adult, I make sure no one needs anything before jumping into a game and do the same between games on the rare days when I can play more than one.
R4ndom F1nn (EUNE)
: Banning own teammates champ should sometimes be punishable
If you can prove that the intent was to troll, then submit a ticket and he will get punished. The problem is that it's almost impossible to prove. Just because he banned your hover after asking for the lane is not proof. (Probably true but not proof)
: got my friend permabannede - he blocked me on every media - did I do the right thing?
If he talks to you like that, inside or outside of the game, I would would not be eager to keep that friendship going. It will you more harm than good. I think you did the right thing.
Nhika (NA)
: Can we bring back, support fill? Rather than JUNGLE fill? LOL
Autofill is based on need for a role. If at any time there was a shortage of midlaners playing then you could be autofilled med.
: No, I happen to disagree. I've considered the numbers and I'm fine with it. I love how gamers pretend like they don't spend a ton of time playing. But let me accept that is actually the case. I still say so what. If Riot implemented my idea (They won't) and reset us all (again never) I'd be excited. Because I knew when I was able to play ranked it would be with people who weren't practicing and wasting my time and effort by playing champs they have zero XP playing.
> [{quoted}](name=La Belle Sauvage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2rIiOHME,comment-id=00090000000000020000,timestamp=2019-06-14T17:19:27.899+0000) > > No, I happen to disagree. I've considered the numbers and I'm fine with it. I love how gamers pretend like they don't spend a ton of time playing. But let me accept that is actually the case. > > I still say so what. If Riot implemented my idea (They won't) and reset us all (again never) I'd be excited. > > Because I knew one I was able to play ranked it would be with people who weren't practicing and wasting my time and effort by playing champs they have zero XP playing. I play ranked for two reasons. I like knowing how I compare to other people and I don't enjoy the normal game experience. Normal game, to me, are just as toxic as ranked, are far more unpredictable, and do very little to prepare you for ranked. The best way to learn ranked is to play ranked. I leveled up with Janna at a 56% win rate. My win rate with Janna in ranked is 12%. Every trick I learned in normals and reinforced over dozens of games don't work in ranked. I don't add champions very often but when I do, why should I be forced to play in a game mode I don't like to learn habits that probably won't translate well into ranked? There are 1.1 million ranked players better than me. I hope to break the top million this season. Other than that my rank means nothing. There are 800k ranked players better than you and you are trying to improve. Other than that your rank means nothing. Why is your game experience more important than mine that putting more than mine is justfied? If everyone worse than you were excluded from ranked play so that you didn't get them on your team to ruin your games do you think that you suddenly move up? The rankings are relative to the player base so you would drop.
Kai Guy (NA)
: No. Elo is a Zero sum system. MMR is not. You need to track each players K independently to account for varying levels of uncertainty.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApdE1dGU,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-13T23:42:13.459+0000) > > No. Elo is a Zero sum system. MMR is not. You need to track each players K independently to account for varying levels of uncertainty. MMR and elo are the same thing. MMR is your "match maker rating" which calculated using an elo based formula.
Saezio (EUNE)
: They could simply make it so dodge=lose MMR which is essentially your rank so your climb would be thwarted. Don't matter if it means you aren't worse, you drop MMR cause you are cheating and to simply discourage it. Didn't we lose like 1/3 of a win's worth of elo back in season 2 per dodge?
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ApdE1dGU,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-13T21:22:41.816+0000) > > They could simply make it so dodge=lose MMR which is essentially your rank so your climb would be thwarted. Don't matter if it means you aren't worse, you drop MMR cause you are cheating and to simply discourage it. > > Didn't we lose like 1/3 of a win's worth of elo back in season 2 per dodge? MMR is a bet zero system. If someone loses MMR for a dodge, then someone else has to gain. You DO lose LP for dodging which affects your rank.
Morbys (NA)
: Its bad b/c no matter how well you do, a loss will net you the exact amount of lp loss that the garbage players you were carrying get. Or if you carried hard, still the same amount. If they can implement a scorecard for your performance, they can apply that to mmr. Thats how it should be, if you have an A+ or above on a losing team, you really shouldnt lose as much lp, same for winning, if you have an A+ or above, you should get more points b/c you clearly carried the game
> [{quoted}](name=Morbys,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3oMqnjfa,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-10T05:01:39.187+0000) > > Its bad b/c no matter how well you do, a loss will net you the exact amount of lp loss that the garbage players you were carrying get. Or if you carried hard, still the same amount. If they can implement a scorecard for your performance, they can apply that to mmr. Thats how it should be, if you have an A+ or above on a losing team, you really shouldnt lose as much lp, same for winning, if you have an A+ or above, you should get more points b/c you clearly carried the game Ignoring that a system like that will make people play for the stats more than playing for the win, how will this help the matchmaker? If Inconsistent individual play is the biggest uncontrollable factor that affects the matchmaker, then putting individual performance into the equation will magnify that issue. If you move up even higher than now based on a good game, the swings in the matchmaker will be bigger and you will have more mismatches, not less. Consistent good play will move you up in rank. If it doesn't, then there is something you are not doing to improve the team's chance for a win. Grades can be manipulated. I've improved my average grade from a C to a B just by focusing on vision. The thing is that if our team is dominating and I help push for the quick win, I will get a C. If I ignore the team fights and wander placing and destroying wards, the game will take 5-10 minutes longer, but I will get a B or higher.
: Pro View Question
> [{quoted}](name=Tyree Sanada,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=BAPJF3n6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-07T16:12:34.635+0000) > > Why can I only get it for the LSC and LEC region? Why not all regions like the LCK, LPL and OPL? Why does it say MSI mid season invitational if that is over for good unless its a summer MSI before 2019 worlds. Doesn't that seem like a waste of a add on/bonus for people? Its not worth the money if the MSI is over for good this year. Wouldn't you guys think it would be better to give us the bonus for worlds of 2019, something for next year, a skin to pick from in game or something special? They are introducing the pro view in the LCS and LEC. They will probably add other regions in the future. The MSI is offered because they recorded it in the pro view even though it wasn't available to the public. Since it is there you can watch to Vods in pro view if you want. It's a bonus that doesn't hurt to offer since there. As far as I know the pro view subscription goes through worlds so you will get that as well.
: playing with skins makes it more fun if the skin looks good why is this surprising?
> [{quoted}](name=oriannashutsdown,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=06vTEIHN,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-06T18:34:48.024+0000) > > playing with skins makes it more fun if the skin looks good why is this surprising? Maybe a little, but not enough to change how I would rate the game. The default skins are are perfectly fine.
: this is a "free" game
> [{quoted}](name=oriannashutsdown,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=06vTEIHN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-06T18:22:20.073+0000) > > but if you play it completely for free I doubt you'd enjoy it > it's like a 5/10 game but with money it becomes a 7/10 games > > no wonder so many people quit the game before level 30 the game is so intolerable especially if you suck at it, it's kind of sad What can you buy that makes the game that much better? Skins are purely cosmetic and while some are cool, they don't add or subtract anything from the game experience. You can unlock champions faster than you can learn them so you you can certainly keep it free and enjoy playing just as much as if you buy champions.
: > [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-06T15:28:15.406+0000) > > Here's the thing...most things you're typing are antagonistic and detract from the game. You're spending time berating people, calling them stupid, and being generally negative. The context doesn't matter. Who started it didn't matter. Stop criticizing people constantly. > > Since you're so concerned with winning or losing LP - I guarantee you'll win more games and gain more LP if you **focus on yourself instead of others**. Expect to lose some games. There's going to be a winning team and a losing team in **every game**. Nothing you're typing to your team is going to get you closer to a win, and in fact, it's going to get you farther. People don't like being badgered and insulted. I don't see it the same way. This is not the majority of my games. I've played well over 200 across 2 accounts and I've not said anything that is remotely close to how bad I've been in the past. I state what I see. If someone wants to prove me wrong, go for it. If I see you running it down and taking really bad fights, I'm going to say something about it. I'm not going to just take it quietly. Most of what I say in game is helpful. Nothing that would detract from the game. I've had similarly bad games in the past 200 and nothing from those is present in Riot's example. If telling someone that my deduction from how they're playing is either ignorance or trolling, then I don't want to be part of that community. I know that on some things I'm ignorant, but I accept that and I learn from it. If the Zac had accepted that he was ignorant and said, yeah I don't know what I'm doing rather than stay silent, I'd help him. I think everyone can learn and improve with a few helpful tips. But he stayed silent which was more irritating and led to the conclusion that he was trolling. If you can handle people taking your LP wrongfully and Riot never punishing them, then keep supporting their crappy game.
> [{quoted}](name=Totally Worth It,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2AeGa9vA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-06T16:19:56.184+0000) > > I don't see it the same way. This is not the majority of my games. I've played well over 200 across 2 accounts and I've not said anything that is remotely close to how bad I've been in the past. I state what I see. If someone wants to prove me wrong, go for it. If I see you running it down and taking really bad fights, I'm going to say something about it. I'm not going to just take it quietly. > > Most of what I say in game is helpful. Nothing that would detract from the game. I've had similarly bad games in the past 200 and nothing from those is present in Riot's example. If telling someone that my deduction from how they're playing is either ignorance or trolling, then I don't want to be part of that community. I know that on some things I'm ignorant, but I accept that and I learn from it. If the Zac had accepted that he was ignorant and said, yeah I don't know what I'm doing rather than stay silent, I'd help him. I think everyone can learn and improve with a few helpful tips. But he stayed silent which was more irritating and led to the conclusion that he was trolling. If you can handle people taking your LP wrongfully and Riot never punishing them, then keep supporting their crappy game. I honestly can't find one line in those two games I would consider helpful. Maybe you could point out which ones they were.
: But what about when Rot no longer supports this game? Shouldn't you be investing your time into something that you know won't vanish one day? It could happen tomorrow for all you know, an Earthquake could swallow up Riot HQ and the game will be deleted forever
> [{quoted}](name=Clockwork Mouse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NQLhcyQ3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T17:23:46.038+0000) > > But what about when Rot no longer supports this game? Shouldn't you be investing your time into something that you know won't vanish one day? It could happen tomorrow for all you know, an Earthquake could swallow up Riot HQ and the game will be deleted forever Someday skyrim won't run on your new computer so why bother with that. You might go blind someday so why bother playing any games just in case you can't someday. If you enjoy a something, do it while you can.
: you can have a good time in the circumstance where one of you team mates picks a champion you are not fond of. but you guarantee that someone is going to have a bad time when you purposefully ban a hovered champion away from them. your argument is that you'd rather one person over the other suffer and that's not a very good argument. im entirely convinced that your post here is a strawman argument as well :/
> [{quoted}](name=SquishySquish,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1aRqPbuV,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-06-04T05:45:10.386+0000) > > you can have a good time in the circumstance where one of you team mates picks a champion you are not fond of. but you guarantee that someone is going to have a bad time when you purposefully ban a hovered champion away from them. > > your argument is that you'd rather one person over the other suffer and that's not a very good argument. im entirely convinced that your post here is a strawman argument as well :/ Either bans or picks have to take priority. Whichever you choose, there will be issues. Not allowing someone to ban a hovered champion will fix some problems and create other ones. Neither one is better than the other. I don't usually ban teammates selections, but I've also gotten burned by it....when someone selected a champion that I have a 14% win rate against and the other team takes it 1st pick, it sucks. If you couldn't ban a hovered champion, then is it trolling to hover a champion and then not pick it? If they change the rules, then you will see daily posts about this instead.
: I had two afks one game so I decided I'd start this discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=MistsOfMystery,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JwxvBkd9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-03T15:51:13.068+0000) > > I had two afks one game so I decided I'd start this discussion. Would you be ok with invalidating the game like a remake and no one gains or loses lp?
Show more

Unker139

Level 79 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion