: Can we nerf Pyke's survivability yet?
No, because it's his only form of sustain in a lane , and allows him to skirmish in teamfights waiting for his 9 second long cooldowns. He has some of the longest base cooldown abilities in the game. He is generally super weak early and if he DOESN'T get fed he's borderline useless unless he's tank. So his ult being heavily rewarding but hard to pull off makes sense, his innate healing to survive his long cooldown and lack of not being able to build any bonus up like other supports. Basically if it annoys you maybe buy a grievous wound item? Or ignite to keep vision? Or if he does heal alot back off and wait for his cooldown again? If he whiffs his e, he has NO escape his w is out of combat, and his q is an unreliable pull and slow. So if he whiffs it, burst him down he's a squishy assassin, you know, focus burst on an assassin and they die pretty fast. Annoying to look at doesn't mean broken.
: As someone that's never played as him, I didn't know there was music for his ult at all. What does it sound like, anything as cool as Jhin?
> [{quoted}](name=Uberwulf X,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=F2LKoJed,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-10T01:40:39.067+0000) > > As someone that's never played as him, I didn't know there was music for his ult at all. What does it sound like, anything as cool as Jhin? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZcGHhk5I1c It was just like this, it was so freakin badass, and they just got rid of it for no reason
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Seriously though, Where is Pykes punish window?
His punish window is when he messes up early game He misses a hook He messes up by dashing His coolowns are insanely long early game, so take advantage of that Not sure why everyone bans and bitches about him, he is weak against most other supports in the game pre level 6, and even after that, the fact that he heals a bunch is what offsets a HUGE factor.... He cant build any health. Other supports can. They can survive burst. Pyke cannot. Like have most of you even played against pyke or what lol? I don't see the big issue with him Ive had the easiest time killing pykes especially when I play aggressive supports
ZURELL (NA)
: it happened in the video dont be too entangled about the history of a fantasy land im sure you have better things to do >.> ngl no tea no shade
> [{quoted}](name=ZURELL,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AdgveEiF,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-22T22:25:17.398+0000) > > it happened in the video > > dont be too entangled about the history of a fantasy land > > im sure you have better things to do >.> ngl > > no tea no shade 1: good observation, it is in a video I never would have noticed that lol. 2: but I like being entangled in the history of a fantasy land, im a nerd. its fun. 3: nope not really, this is just a little fun thing for me to pass time 4: it doesn't affect me if you intend to throw shade or not, still going to disregard that
: I hope that they don't make it canon, while i think that the fight between Riven and Draven is accurate to both champions personalty, it would be a bad step forward with riven's story. Riven according to Rioters on the boards she is a Noxian being reforged by Ionia, and instead having her be imprisoned and put to death in the arena will just turn her into "i was with the evil nation but now i'm with the good guys" that would make the graying of Noxus and Demacia morally pointless. (Noxus revived Sion dispite the issues that rises because he'd be useful, bringing a deserter back under the same mindset is perfectly reasonable)
> [{quoted}](name=BronzeDriver,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AdgveEiF,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-22T21:26:43.209+0000) > > I hope that they don't make it canon, while i think that the fight between Riven and Draven is accurate to both champions personalty, it would be a bad step forward with riven's story. Riven according to Rioters on the boards she is a Noxian being reforged by Ionia, and instead having her be imprisoned and put to death in the arena will just turn her into "i was with the evil nation but now i'm with the good guys" that would make the graying of Noxus and Demacia morally pointless. > > (Noxus revived Sion dispite the issues that rises because he'd be useful, bringing a deserter back under the same mindset is perfectly reasonable) While its obvious she was imprisoned of some sorts, How do you know she was "put to death" or even forced into that situation in the first place? Riven is a highly humble character (a lot of it comes from the grief of her and yasuos story) But a part of that grief is from noxus as well. I wouldn't say its too far fetched to say eventually after the events in ionia, riven felt the need to face judgment in ANOTHER country... the one she was born into, and perhaps she actually turned herself in. Also noxus is not a "evil" nation, while it has some very evil characters there are innocents an civilians just trying to get by, Hell, I wouldn't even call swain "evil" even though hes the grand general and he does "evil" things, he does them because he wants to prosper an his nation to prosper. Demacia literally goes on lynch hunts to track down mages or people who are different from them. I feel they have delved into both noxus and demacia both being different sides of the same coin, neither is horrible, neither is good, they are just doing what they think is right... and I think that passes onto riven as well, shes payed for her sins in ionia, so maybe she felt the need to face her crimes in noxus?
Cetri (NA)
: There are statements from Rioters on twitter saying that they are stories to be "explored"; in other words, it's likely stories will be released this year that cover the events of the cinematic.
> [{quoted}](name=Cetri,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=AdgveEiF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-22T20:36:57.756+0000) > > There are statements from Rioters on twitter saying that they are stories to be "explored"; in other words, it's likely stories will be released this year that cover the events of the cinematic. Would you be so kind to have a link to these? id appreciate it ;__;
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:44:58.915+0000) > > yea sorry I got fizz wrong, I must not have "read the lore of those champions" since I called a yordle a vastaya. and yet again, I said it could be POSSIBLE other champions could have similar powers. > > POSSIBLE as in, MAYBE. > > As in, Just an idea. > > As in, Im not saying Azir and the ascended ARE "randomword-born" But the magic that azir has, has to do with sand. Its never stated why sand. Annie has magic that has to do with fire. Its never stated why fire. Yasuo has magic that is wind. Its never stated why wind. Taliyah has magic to wield rock/earth. Its never stated why earth. I swear you people think im trying to re write the story when im just putting ideas that there could be other forms or "magic-born" champs. But im telling you that Azir and the Ascended ARE "randomword-born", that is literally canon, the people from Icathia call them like that. Most of the champions were not born with their powers, they trained to do the things that they can do, and most of the times it is explained why they can use that power in particular. And its not just Fizz that you got wrong, Janna is not a random mortal with wind powers, she is a godness like Anivia.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T22:32:31.282+0000) > > But im telling you that Azir and the Ascended ARE "randomword-born", that is literally canon, the people from Icathia call them like that. > > Most of the champions were not born with their powers, they trained to do the things that they can do, and most of the times it is explained why they can use that power in particular. > > And its not just Fizz that you got wrong, Janna is not a random mortal with wind powers, she is a godness like Anivia. this is true, I actually always assumed janna was just a mortal because nothing stands out to me except that she floats that shes a goddess, plus I thought demi-gods or gods were supposed to all be semi-animal themed? or am I wrong on that iunno? (ie Ornn anivia volibear azir nasus renekton?)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T08:07:53.367+0000) > > But I did make speculation on real lore... being born with magical powers is a confirmed thing. not ALL of those champs are 100% correct, but some of them are 1: born with the "magic" that riot has described comes from bloodlines and runes or some other source, and 2: have abilities in game or in lore that connect them with that magic in some way. Plus the newest comic confirmed that ashes blood-line are ICE-BORN meaning they were BORN with the MAGIC to wield TRUE ICE... so who is to say that it is ONLY ice? What about wind? fire? rock? grass? literally anything else that could be put to a champion and their abilities (I think the greatest examples are Yasuo and Taliyah, Theres just no real "explanation" in their stories on how they got their elemental abilities, just that they were BORN with it and they learned to wield it.) See what im saying? like I said im 100% certain some of the ones I listed are wrong, but connected dots from the info from ashes new story and how ice and magic can be connected to bloodline...Is it really that far off to say that there could be other "bloodlines" across ALL of runeterra with magic? Ashe and her sisters are ice-born... what about yasuo was his family tied to wind or magic wind? or Taliyah? Or annie? See what I mean? it is literally talked about in the fashion I was stating.....and sorry I wrote really fast cuz the comic got me hyped but I admit im too lazy to edit lol > > edit: I edited a little for clarity Adding "Born" to a random word and saying that the "randomword-born" are all the things that have "random" magical powers makes 0 sense. Ice Borns exist because of the Watchers and the true ice, its not something natural that happens all the time. Riot could release a champion that uses ice powers who is not an Ice-Born (Im pretty sure that Trundle and Anivia fit that category), in the same way that Leona is not a Sun-Born even is she has sun powers... because YES Sun-Borns exist in the lore and they were not even born with the powers that they have (All the Ascended {{champion:268}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}}{{champion:101}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:266}} )... and most of them not even have sun powers. Oh, and by the way, Fizz is a yordle... If you are going to make a theory about some champions, at least read the lore of those champions.
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T18:31:17.010+0000) > > Adding "Born" to a random word and saying that the "randomword-born" are all the things that have "random" magical powers makes 0 sense. Ice Borns exist because of the Watchers and the true ice, its not something natural that happens all the time. > > Riot could release a champion that uses ice powers who is not an Ice-Born (Im pretty sure that Trundle and Anivia fit that category), in the same way that Leona is not a Sun-Born even is she has sun powers... because YES Sun-Borns exist in the lore and they were not even born with the powers that they have (All the Ascended {{champion:268}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:58}}{{champion:101}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:266}} )... and most of them not even have sun powers. > > Oh, and by the way, Fizz is a yordle... If you are going to make a theory about some champions, at least read the lore of those champions. yea sorry I got fizz wrong, I must not have "read the lore of those champions" since I called a yordle a vastaya. and yet again, I said it could be POSSIBLE other champions could have similar powers. POSSIBLE as in, MAYBE. As in, Just an idea. As in, Im not saying Azir and the ascended ARE "randomword-born" But the magic that azir has, has to do with sand. Its never stated why sand. Annie has magic that has to do with fire. Its never stated why fire. Yasuo has magic that is wind. Its never stated why wind. Taliyah has magic to wield rock/earth. Its never stated why earth. I swear you people think im trying to re write the story when im just putting ideas that there could be other forms or "magic-born" champs.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-21T19:41:11.920+0000) > > It's a concept involving the story of league, the majority of what I said was me speculating which champs COULD be born with unique magic, and as far as you not being able to read it well, not sure what i could do about that It's a good idea to make speculation but it's better when you make them based on the already existing lore. I'm not unable to read, it's your text that is poorly written and structured and therefore unpleasant to read.
> [{quoted}](name=Hextech OwI,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T07:19:02.817+0000) > > It's a good idea to make speculation but it's better when you make them based on the already existing lore. > > I'm not unable to read, it's your text that is poorly written and structured and therefore unpleasant to rea But I did make speculation on real lore... being born with magical powers is a confirmed thing. not ALL of those champs are 100% correct, but some of them are 1: born with the "magic" that riot has described comes from bloodlines and runes or some other source, and 2: have abilities in game or in lore that connect them with that magic in some way. Plus the newest comic confirmed that ashes blood-line are ICE-BORN meaning they were BORN with the MAGIC to wield TRUE ICE... so who is to say that it is ONLY ice? What about wind? fire? rock? grass? literally anything else that could be put to a champion and their abilities (I think the greatest examples are Yasuo and Taliyah, Theres just no real "explanation" in their stories on how they got their elemental abilities, just that they were BORN with it and they learned to wield it.) See what im saying? like I said im 100% certain some of the ones I listed are wrong, but connected dots from the info from ashes new story and how ice and magic can be connected to bloodline...Is it really that far off to say that there could be other "bloodlines" across ALL of runeterra with magic? Ashe and her sisters are ice-born... what about yasuo was his family tied to wind or magic wind? or Taliyah? Or annie? See what I mean? it is literally talked about in the fashion I was stating.....and sorry I wrote really fast cuz the comic got me hyped but I admit im too lazy to edit lol edit: I edited a little for clarity
: First off, this post belongs more in Concept and Creation I guess. Second, the majority of what you said is wrong You're only making random connections between anything that have a semblance of similarity. Third, can you make an effort on the structure of your text? It's just painfully hard to read.
> [{quoted}](name=Hextech OwI,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HsMEBBA0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-21T09:57:56.616+0000) > > First off, this post belongs more in Concept and Creation I guess. > > Second, the majority of what you said is wrong You're only making random connections between anything that have a semblance of similarity. > > Third, can you make an effort on the structure of your text? It's just painfully hard to read. It's a concept involving the story of league, the majority of what I said was me speculating which champs COULD be born with unique magic, and as far as you not being able to read it well, not sure what i could do about that
Rioter Comments
: @WAAARGHbobo is there going to be a AMA on here?
: > [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2018-06-27T16:06:10.897+0000) > > But...He...Doesn't just scream? > > Have you heard his entire voice over? Have you played him for 30+ games? Have you actually even considered "Hey I don't like these specific voice lines but maybe that's not all that he says." > > Not liking it is one thing, but saying his entire character is a screaming redneck is just....Wrong. like theres no other way to put it unless you ACTUALLY listen to all of what he says. He even has quotes that are little references to his old quotes. Everyone taking his Special interactions to heart, and saying that's ALL hes about, when you will BARELY even hear these lines unless you go up against those specific champs. > > > Plus kinda the fact that his "screaming redneck" lines just show how much he actually doesn't give a shit who you are, he wants to fight you, he wants to kill everything, its literally in his lore. so again, that's just....wrong lmao. "He doesn't scream like a redneck but if he did I would still unconditionally like it." All aboard! Choo choo.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=0002000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-28T07:10:31.601+0000) > > "He doesn't scream like a redneck but if he did I would still unconditionally like it." > > All aboard! Choo choo. "He doesn't scream like a redneck, but I would hate it because screaming like a redneck is dumb, but he doesn't so Im okay with it" There fixed it for you All board the train of accusing people of riding the train! Choo Choo. Also love the fact you took me saying him screaming as a redneck literally, and didn't get the sarcasm pointed at you for accusing him of sounding like one in the first place. if anything you just proved me right again by not reading what I said correctly! But yeah dude, all aboard the train that im obviously riding a dick just because I like ONE thing that riot does, god damn you people are incompetent.
Vıvıd (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=I Like Things ,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-06-27T01:12:11.599+0000) > > Must be hard knowing your parents are also siblings. I mean its true, old aatrox was edgy shit garbage now he actually has a personality, insult me all you want
> [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-06-27T06:13:29.233+0000) > > I mean its true, old aatrox was edgy shit garbage > > now he actually has a personality, insult me all you want Also thanks for proving my point at how edgy these people who hate on the rework are by insulting me like that lmao
: Is screaming like a redneck at everyone a sign of a personality?
> [{quoted}](name=HungryAngry2SPP,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2018-06-27T08:47:09.646+0000) > > Is screaming like a redneck at everyone a sign of a personality? But...He...Doesn't just scream? Have you heard his entire voice over? Have you played him for 30+ games? Have you actually even considered "Hey I don't like these specific voice lines but maybe that's not all that he says." Not liking it is one thing, but saying his entire character is a screaming redneck is just....Wrong. like theres no other way to put it unless you ACTUALLY listen to all of what he says. He even has quotes that are little references to his old quotes. Everyone taking his Special interactions to heart, and saying that's ALL hes about, when you will BARELY even hear these lines unless you go up against those specific champs. Plus kinda the fact that his "screaming redneck" lines just show how much he actually doesn't give a shit who you are, he wants to fight you, he wants to kill everything, its literally in his lore. so again, that's just....wrong lmao.
: > [{quoted}](name=CrazFight ,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wbfJxozK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T21:19:28.062+0000) > > Sweer summer child... > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr6IvYz4XXU He makes an absolutely valid point though.
> [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=wbfJxozK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-26T22:22:39.535+0000) > > He makes an absolutely valid point though. Ah, I now see why most of the things you post are the way they are. God help you sir omegalul
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-26T18:50:49.283+0000) > > Aaaaaaaah, good ol' cherry picking. Lemme try! > > #Old Aatrox > > "Fight as a hero, or die as a coward." > "Fight and be remembered as a hero, or die and be remembered as a coward." > "Fight and be remembered, or die and be forgotten." > > #New Aatrox > "Once in noble battle, I screamed against the silence. I stood as light against the darkness. Now, I serve a new master... oblivion..." > "March flesh, march toward them! We have horrors to sow! Lives to reap! Let me make them regret... being free." > "I am but an unholy copy of life... A mockery of its freedom... And born in the cruel betrayal of the noble ideals I would've served." tfw you're on the riot train so hard that even jokes trigger you
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=00010006,timestamp=2018-06-27T01:47:16.309+0000) > > tfw you're on the riot train so hard that even jokes trigger you "Riot train" even though liking a better and healthy design choice is a natural response yea dude we are all just sucking riots sick God you have the mentality of a 12 year old
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-26T18:50:49.283+0000) > > Aaaaaaaah, good ol' cherry picking. Lemme try! > > #Old Aatrox > > "Fight as a hero, or die as a coward." > "Fight and be remembered as a hero, or die and be remembered as a coward." > "Fight and be remembered, or die and be forgotten." > > #New Aatrox > "Once in noble battle, I screamed against the silence. I stood as light against the darkness. Now, I serve a new master... oblivion..." > "March flesh, march toward them! We have horrors to sow! Lives to reap! Let me make them regret... being free." > "I am but an unholy copy of life... A mockery of its freedom... And born in the cruel betrayal of the noble ideals I would've served." Let me sum up your quotes: Old Aatrox: Only in battle do you mean anything. You rot in death. New Aatrox: *5 million years of vague “foreshadowing” storytelling later* let’s beat em up and kill em, with edge added on top for flavor. I’ve listened to the Aatrox sound lines, and while you have some people convinced that they are better, by any literary standards they are by far worse, or, at best, not an improvement over current Aatrox’s quotes. If anything, your cherrypicking intended to prove the OP wrong only shows how *bad* the new quotes are. But hey, I’m ready for the downvotes for disagreeing with Riot. Bring in the gay dudes and edge to put the cherry on top as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2018-06-26T21:45:12.147+0000) > > Let me sum up your quotes: > > Old Aatrox: Only in battle do you mean anything. You rot in death. > > New Aatrox: *5 million years of vague “foreshadowing” storytelling later* let’s beat em up and kill em, with edge added on top for flavor. > > I’ve listened to the Aatrox sound lines, and while you have some people convinced that they are better, by any literary standards they are by far worse, or, at best, not an improvement over current Aatrox’s quotes. > > If anything, your cherrypicking intended to prove the OP wrong only shows how *bad* the new quotes are. > > But hey, I’m ready for the downvotes for disagreeing with Riot. Bring in the gay dudes and edge to put the cherry on top as well. The irony is that old aatrox was way edgier, in what fucking world do you hear old aatrox talk and the new one laugh and have emotions and even be sad and depressed and think "Yea new aatrox is edgier" and I love the fact you think liking the rework is riding riots dick, when they genuinely just made a better design choice for him, don't worry, no ones gonna downvote you buddy I'm sure everyone loves the idea of pretending to be "against riot for a righteous and just cause!" When in reality they have fucked up sometimes but because you got your edgy 12 year old Tumblr braindead auto attacker removed you gotta not pick and try to find every little reason why everything they do is shit.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=I Like Things ,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=cAzGNx6s,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-06-27T01:12:11.599+0000) > > Must be hard knowing your parents are also siblings. I mean its true, old aatrox was edgy shit garbage now he actually has a personality, insult me all you want
: Old Aatrox: "Even those who have nothing, can give their lives"
Wait so basically what your saying is He went from Edgy and bland To Actually having a personality? dar god this rework sucks dik lul riot is garbug xDDDDD hashinshin is always right xDDDD
Rioter Comments
Raoul (EUW)
: please post with the account you play Pyke with, I want to see how you make him work.
Pyke is actually amazing the hell you talking about lmao
: You’re right man I’ll agree with you since these rito band wagoners won’t. It’s just sick how many people will agree with something just because rito says so or they “rework” it
Says the person that bandwagons on hating the rework, posting everywhere about aatrox, and tries to start a stupid theory that everyone is riding on riots dick JUST because they really enjoy the rework. Immature and hypocritical if you ask me, I love the rework, been playing him and hope I get lvl 7 when he hits live, im glad they got rid of that garbage heap of a 12 year old tumblr demon who says bland edgy things for his 12 different voice lines champ
: "Oh, and his personality is still boring, but now it is boring and drastically different, so it's worse by default. Expand on what was there, don't throw it away." So his old version is boring and bad, his new version is different, therefore it's bad, and what Riot should have done was to expand on the past version, explain his motives and reasons and to progress his story, which would have been in the old version, therefore it would have been boring. What. " a champion that does very low damage, gets blown the fuck out 1v1 by pretty much any other fighter, and is essentially now a supportive CC fighter. A tank, really." Oh no, what ever shall the players do with this? It's not like they can take the exact same rune they're taking now on him, combine him with his passive that deals % of max hp and reduces shields, and his E passive which gives him sustain for the dmg he's doing. No, Aatrox is again thrown to the gutter, left alone to rot and to be considered a troll pick. "Whoever is in charge of the VOs these days is honestly incompetent. The last few have been incredibly boring and dry." I agree totally, Swain's lines were awful and were just for the lore geeks, Irelia? pfff, Pyke also. I mean, we get it, you were revived by a mysterious force, you want revenge and you're basically insane, stop going around and talking about a supernatural city that swims, about your revenge, just stop. Kai'sa???? I mean, you would think that killing Void monsters would make a charcter vivid and expressive, but no, Riot chose to give the survivor of countless attacks by monsters and getting thrown into their realm a gloomy, lonely and numb voice. What a bad team.
Anin777 (EUW)
: Lool "super different". He has an alteration of Tahm's E, a pull like blitz, camouflage like twitch, dash with stun like panth and execute ability like Garen. Oh how unique.
Yea, Just because he has similar abilities doesn't mean hes not unique amigo, have you even played him? He plays a hell of a lot different than Blitz, Tahm, Twitch, or garen.
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vıvıd,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NWHczAlK,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-06-24T04:58:18.241+0000) > > Like you could honestly come up with a design team, pick a good voice (that isn't just a crappy old aatrox with NO personality and NO uniqueness to his character) and ship out a rework, all while keeping his overall theme, in fact, most edgelords who complain about this rework probably would rather have old aatrox gameplay wise still in the game and argue that he was healthy which is laughable Ad hominem and strawman fallacies in one post, good work. I would rather have old Aatrox in the game, but he wasn't healthy. But at least he wasn't a boring tank who did no damage.
Been playing him alot, maybe 30 or so games on pbe, he actually does a lot of damage especially late game, and he's a lot m9re interesting to play than the " me auto attack super fast me no die cuz me attack real fast" Edit: Also, if your going to try to make my argument sound stupid by calling it an ad hominem when I genuinely would like to see what you would come up with, and have it be better than what they released, ALL by yourself, and call it a strawman fallace when it is a fact that Half of the people bitching about this rework Just want the old aatrox because he fit the role of braindead hitting things non stop and took almost no skill.
: The year is 2018... where people are happy getting soon fed garbage updates to already good champions.
Old Aatrox was garbage. This is a new ideration. "Waah this companies garbage they will make everything in the future bad waah" when you cant accept that YOUR design to keep Aatrox the same garbage heap that he was the same is a MUCH worse idea than deleting him and creating this new one.
: If you're lucky he'll get the Jhin treatment and get 6 more skins in less than a year. If you're unlucky, you'll get the A Sol and Taliyah treatment and get a new skin never.
Tell me a jack-the-ripper esque maybe piltover styled akin for him wouldnt look friggin badass... A man can dream....
: I think tank Pyke is more of a bruiser tbh. True damage seems pretty prevalent in rune sets and popular champion picks... Have you ever tried Predator and run a celerity build? Also, have you tried overgrowth since it raises your base HP and minor AD? If so, is it useful or a waste of resources?
Yea I agree with that, also no I haven't tried pred... though I did try it when he first came out in jg and it was pretty fun, lol even though he's not that good jg. Also does overgrowth affect him like every other hp stat? Or is it unique and actually increase his health? If it effects both id say that could help him scale but getting tenacity from unflich or more armor or defense from second wind or conditioning would help a bit more in the long run
: What rune set do you use?
I know a lot of people usually try to go full tank pyke, and while I think that's fine, my personal playstyle is to play MORE leaning towards an assassin carry while also knowing the limits and what not, so I usually go aggro and electrocute classic, then resolve secondary for early game defense or switch over to the tank rune with aftershock if my team needs a tank more than a assassin so I usually go electrocute, sudden, zombie ward, relentless, then Bone plat, and iv been trying out taking unflinching instead of second wind
NemeBro (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=calibergunsaint,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NWHczAlK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-15T12:53:40.559+0000) > > Oh yes, because only those Filthy Weaboos can like a semi-skilled champion, with multiple sides to his personality, that is actually feeling something and expressing it through some pure anger and hate, making us question his motive and others' alike. I don't know about weaboos, but only plebeians would applaud Riot spoon-feeding a champion that does very low damage, gets blown the fuck out 1v1 by pretty much any other fighter, and is essentially now a supportive CC fighter. A tank, really. Oh, and his personality is still boring, but now it is boring and drastically different, so it's worse by default. Expand on what was there, don't throw it away. Whoever is in charge of the VOs these days is honestly incompetent. The last few have been incredibly boring and dry.
Like you could honestly come up with a design team, pick a good voice (that isn't just a crappy old aatrox with NO personality and NO uniqueness to his character) and ship out a rework, all while keeping his overall theme, in fact, most edgelords who complain about this rework probably would rather have old aatrox gameplay wise still in the game and argue that he was healthy which is laughable
Rioter Comments
Cetri (NA)
: Perhaps as a corollary to this, what if the Jaull are the ones who spirit (heh) the deceased to the Swimming City, akin to Charon from Greek myth?
Like a guide to the afterlife kinda thing? That'd be cool, although you could argue with the existence of kindred it doesn't make any sense but what I was thinking is maybe there are multiple afterlifes, perhaps the swimming city is the one where you go if you drown near the horrible waters of bilgewater, and maybe afterlife vary from continent to continent
: If Rhaast means ‘obey’ what does Aatrox and Varus mean?
I always thought of that quote between kayn and rhaast as more of a joke, but actually now you've sparked my curiosity too lol. what if rhaast wasn't just saying "obey" to try to poke a little fun at kayn, but rather it actually does mean obey haha thatd be interesting to know
Rioter Comments
A Nunu (NA)
: CHAMPION REWORK LEAK: NUNU, THE WORLD ENDER [READ BEFORE RIOT REMOVES IT!!]
BLT2121 (NA)
: tbh his in game skin looks like Rhaast/Darkin Kayn
That's cuz new aatrox is a new race riots trying to introduce: the darkin, they are supposed to look at least a little similar because they want you to go "oh yea that guys defidently the same race as rhaast" I wish they did some thing to varus to make him look more like it but I guess it wouldn't fit
Sinistra (EUNE)
: I just tried him out on pbe, didn't had an account because i tought it was harder to get one. It's a hones let down, i tought it would feel a bit clunky, but mostly will has audiovisual problems, but that's not the case. It doesn't even remotely fun playing, it really just feels like a super downgrade clunky riven.
> [{quoted}](name=Sinistra,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r8YMqX2a,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-15T07:07:48.143+0000) > > I just tried him out on pbe, didn't had an account because i tought it was harder to get one. > > It's a hones let down, i tought it would feel a bit clunky, but mostly will has audiovisual problems, but that's not the case. It doesn't even remotely fun playing, it really just feels like a super downgrade clunky riven. ive been playing him a bunch, as of right now im really enjoying him, I guess it really is just different strokes for different folks, im hoping I can get a high mastery when he comes out, but I understand if you don't like him
: Darkin aren't a Force of Nature anymore.
Tottally defending riot on this one, he is a great character now imo AND im pretty sure the only reason you see a lot of hate is from Aatrox mains/which lets face it if you main the old aatrox your not exactly the top tier consumer of league unless you masters and above with him, and sadly the fact that people unfortunately take hashinshin seriously now a days, hes started this hate train of hating everything riot does, and when they do some thing cool, or at least in this case, do some thing cool but kind of hidden in the character Aatrox, everyone flips their shit and agrees with him
Sinistra (EUNE)
: I listened all his voice lines via http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Aatrox#PBE I wouldn't say all of his lines are bad, and the least i need is more emotions, he was a fully stoic war machine with simple and catchy lines, and _none_ of those lines mentioned himself.
You might also want to actually play him on PBE... maybe once you actually try it instead of looking at it from a faced distance it may change your mind? and if it doesn't that's okay too if you still think its not good I get that
Sinistra (EUNE)
: Why do you even bother writing a comment to my comments if you are not even bothered to read them? The entire argument is started from that some people don't like the rework, you stated that is a needed upgrade and it was a necessity. I pointed out that not all of them are required changes and also stated the things i didn't like about the rework. You somehow can't understand that if he remained the same and this champion would be released at some point, nobody would have complained, because you would get your champion, and the others wouldn't complain because they are taking aatrox from us. Instead you get a new champion instead of an old one who you don't give a damn about it, and we just lose one. What i am trying to imply is, not everyone is liking the new aatrox, not because it's a bad champ, rather because it means they take the old one away from us.
Well im sorry that it upsets you, and I did read your comments, but while you haven't, others continue to say a little bit more than "this rework sucks" more along the lines of people calling the entire riot design team trash and the story writers have no clue what they are doing, which is false, they've done a lot of good, and because they made people made and messed up (which they've done before) even though I feel the exact opposite, its no reason to start hate filled memos on the board about it, it doesn't solve anything, I honestly feel bad for the core people who were working on new aatrox, if they've seen half the stuff people are accusing them of "ruining the game" id feel like shit if I put my hard ass effort and had only a bunch of people not even try to consider that maybe there was a REASON they made the choice they made. so I felt bad and wanted to say I appreciated their work, and I hope they do more and improve from this forward
Vıvıd (NA)
: In fact, didn't everyone universally agree that he needed a rework? Well we got it, heres what it is, its okay if you don't like it, and by the way, iv seen plenty of people call riot out complete trash and dogshit, even though the champion design team is probably the most impressive one, the balancing team who do the numbers? maybe not so much.... but still I love this take on Aatrox, its okay if you don't, but I made my points and you can either refuse them, think that literally everything I just said are just blatant lies or whatever
Oh, and your "personal preference" Is a champ unhealthy, old, and unfit for the game
Vıvıd (NA)
: Personal preference? If im the only one then why did the game company see fit that he is so bad he needs to be redone?
In fact, didn't everyone universally agree that he needed a rework? Well we got it, heres what it is, its okay if you don't like it, and by the way, iv seen plenty of people call riot out complete trash and dogshit, even though the champion design team is probably the most impressive one, the balancing team who do the numbers? maybe not so much.... but still I love this take on Aatrox, its okay if you don't, but I made my points and you can either refuse them, think that literally everything I just said are just blatant lies or whatever
Sinistra (EUNE)
: Okay guys, i admit it, you won. Your personal preference is superior to mine, therefore i am wrong. Enjoy the the new champion you got with that.
Personal preference? If im the only one then why did the game company see fit that he is so bad he needs to be redone?
: > [{quoted}](name=Sinistra,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=r8YMqX2a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-14T20:38:32.176+0000) > > You didn't even try to make a point, you are just angry not everybody is as happy for this thing as you. Why can't you just accept the fact that there are people who are not happy how the old thing we used to loved changed? I wouldn't care at all if they said we release a champion named Riven 2.0, because i just simply wouldn't buy it, but you would, and could play your new "better and more fleshed out" champion however you want, while i still has my own good old aatrox. Instead, they say this is now aatrox which is clearly isn't. But to answer your further points. NO. I'm actually really happy tbh I actually feel bad that I feel so happy about people not liking him that much. Its just like when I first started to play him. I got to go in a game and pick him whenever I wanted because nobody wanted to play him. When they announced his rework, *so many people* wanted to play him for the self-importance points. I feel almost vindicated. I look at this as such a selfish win that I feel like I have to just debunk a lot of the nonsensical stuff people are saying about him. Lets not forget, Sion, poppy, ww, shen, etc, all had haters when they got reworked. All the "Riot you messed with *my* champion" was just as evident after those reworks. People wrote QQ threads about *their* champion being dead, RIP, qq old buddy, etc. The reason they changed them was they were either extremely outdated or their gameplay was just so stale nobody really wanted to play them. The issue is that Riot not only said he was getting reworked, but it was going to be the BIGGEST GAME PLAY REWORK EVER. Then you come on boards and qq as if you've never heard anything about it. It's just silly. > - No, his kit was not the same at all, and this proves why you fail to understand why people are upset over his change. His Q is his only escape and CC ability, so you have to choose between them, wich clearly doesnt happen when you look at tryndameres separate abilities or trundle who has no escape ability at all. His narrowing E gave him risk, if he was too far, he has difficulties to engage. But the most unique thing was his W, you had to choose between or dmg output, wich required to know the limits of champion, also you didn't had to hit the same target 3 times, like every other bullshit new champion, you could hit 3 different targets and change W mid swing. Also her revive required planning and setup, wich clearly isnt the thing with xin or tryndamere. And this is why you fail to understand the reality of his kit. You claim his is just like Rivens only its not. His Q is similar but he can't move, rivens Q _gives_ mobility. His q's also require a bit more aim, are slower, and deal more damage. his W is mostly akin to Kled's grapple... yet you don't even notice that. His E is used with his Q and the rest of his kit to offset his own self-stuns when casting. It's also the only mobility he has and is kinda like Renektons dashes only.. different. Their R's are nothing alike. Even in your first attempt to describe aatrox you were wrong. His Q isn't his only CC. He's had an E since release which slows enemies. How you don't know that, I have no clue. You go on to describe escape ability when Riven *obviously* has better escape tools than Aatrox. You don't even have to play him to see that. I wonder if you've even actually looked at his new kit. Then you say his "most unique thing was his W" which was a toggle for, you guessed it, his auto attacks. He was an auto attack champ who would have been great on DOTA2. I enjoyed him because, though he auto'd alot, he also had some great caster potential compared to his aa fighter peers. > - As far as i know, all the champions hold there weapon nonstop in their hands, so this is clearly not an argument. Not even sure you play the game that much tbf or else you'd automatically know that YASUO doesn't. He sheathes his. People actually have told rito they want to see more of this. So they did. > - Sometimes less is more Thats how I feel about his in-game model lol.
You do a lot better explaining this new rework than I do lol
Sinistra (EUNE)
: You didn't even try to make a point, you are just angry not everybody is as happy for this thing as you. Why can't you just accept the fact that there are people who are not happy how the old thing we used to loved changed? I wouldn't care at all if they said we release a champion named Riven 2.0, because i just simply wouldn't buy it, but you would, and could play your new "better and more fleshed out" champion howewer you want, while i still has my own good old aatrox. Instead they say this is now aatrox wich is clearly isn't. But to answer your further points. - Yes, his old sword is also bad, but at least resembles a sword, it's narrowing down to a pointy end, therefore it makes sense he could use it to thrust. The irony is, he doesn't do that in the old animations, but now when his sword is just a mace, he use it to thrust. - He has bad skins, i think the mecha now came out better than the old one, justicar is still just dawnbringer riven, pirate skin is irrelevant in both versions - No, his kit was not the same at all, and this proves why you fail to understand why people are upset over his change. His Q is his only escape and CC ability, so you have to choose between them, wich clearly doesnt happen when you look at tryndameres separate abilities or trundle who has no escape ability at all. His narrowing E gave him risk, if he was too far, he has difficulties to engage. But the most unique thing was his W, you had to choose between or dmg output, wich required to know the limits of champion, also you didn't had to hit the same target 3 times, like every other bulshit new champion, you could hit 3 different targets and change W mid swing. Also her revive required planning and setup, wich clearly isnt the thing with xin or tryndamere. - As far as i know, all the champions hold there weapon nonstop in their hands, so this is clearly not an argument. - Sometimes less is more, he doesnt need to comment the enemy mastery token, because i don't want to.
No, i'm not angry you don't like the things I like, i'm angry because most of the stuff your pointing out is stuff that NEEDED to be changed - His wings now have a purpose, flamenting when he ults to give a sign that he is rushing towards you which is good Thematically and Gameplay wise. -his sword isn't supposed to look like a traditional sword, its supposed to be a GREATSWORD, which is actually what old Aatrox was supposed to clarify he was wielding but instead it was a stabby...spiky....thing. -Yea, Everyone and their frickin mother has said that. Why? BECAUSE HES A SWORD WIELDER. WHAT DO SWORD WIELDERS DO? THEY SWING THEIR SWORD. 3 TIMES IN A ROW? would you rather have 4-2 instead of 3? im genuinely curious. Plus, His kit is actually very VERY unique for a bruiser and I can confirm when I played it 15+ games it was VERY fun trying to jab and swing at your oppenents and when you land a right combo, the fluidity that comes through feels amazing, along with his ult, his w, hell even his e looks wonky but it has a unique purpose. -This is probably the only thing I will agree with you on, I don't like his walking animation, I think the idea of having the sword on his back is fine but the way he just walks is kinda odd but its not that bad. -His voice has a lot more content than old aatrox (obviously) and they voice lines of someone who has felt despair and has emotion in my opinion is WAAAAAAAAAY better than a edgy edgster with a bunch of one liners he took out of a war book. --On the mastery thing, its a gimmick, its not like him saying "I hate you" to some one who flashes mastery is exactly....wrong? I think its some thing new, some thing experimental riot did, and if feedback comes back we think it was dumb, they wont do it again but its such a small and tedious little thing. -His old kit...How...How can you even defend it? Look I get if you play it a lot, I get if you learned every little damn detail but no matter how many things you add to it its just.... "His narrowing E gave him risk, if he was too far, he has difficulties to engage. But the most unique thing was his W, you had to choose between or dmg output, wich required to know the limits of champion" His narrowing E gave him risk? How? By it converging on an enemy they could move out of the way? We all know riot just made that E to see a new gimmicky ability in action, and I agree it did LOOK cool, but why not give a Life steal bruise a traditional slow that isn't....a V shaped line...(like his W). And his old W? Seriously? IT WAS one of if the ONLY TOGGLE abilities in the game which did 2 things. "Me hit more on third hit" or "me heal on third hit" THAT WAS IT. how can you defend an ability that is the reason he was known as easy as hell in the first place? I get it if you don't want aatrox to actually have half a brain required to play, but come on
Show more

Vıvıd

Level 199 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion