: Perma-Suspended for use of Custom Skins?
> [{quoted}](name=mirageofpenguins,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7JBfAA5o,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2016-01-16T00:30:19.105+0000) > > Heya Derrick, > > I appreciate the thoroughly documented screencaps, but we don't currently suspend for the use of Wooxy or other skin installers (if that's their only functionality). You were detected using a scripting application, and even though your account was being shared at the time, we still hold it responsible for the actions taken. > > I've spent some time investigating your claims, and like some other cases recently, it looks like you allowed someone else access to your account in October of last season. They played a few games on your behalf (34 to be precise), and while it may've gained you a few divisions, it also netted a permanent suspension for the abuse of 3rd party programs. > > It's also important to note that boosters tend to utilize cheats for a faster service, and because banwaves are delayed to appropriately occlude detection methodology, they can do some significant damage to your ranked integrity. There's never really a good reason to share your account, and those seeking additional security guidelines can level up [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751664-Protecting-Your-Account#h2q1). Hello MirageOfPenguins (and Riot SlumberJack), I understand what you both are saying, my confusion is truly this. I was not aware of any other user playing on my account during said time. I do admit another person had logged onto my account before in December of 2014, which I know is an issue in it of itself, but they were not playing games to my knowledge. I was myself playing ranked bouncing between Silver III and Silver I, but I do not recall noticing any odd changes or anything to make me suspect that another user was on my account. While I do understand that use of 3rd party programs to obtain an unfair advantage is a severe offense and the proper action needed to be taken place, what I was hoping for with my posting to boards is a chance to speak with Rioters about it to see if there is any opportunity to correct the situation and allow users such as myself a chance to reform.
: youtubers post vids about them useing custom skins all the time and they are not banned which i find very unfair. If normal players which are 99.9% of their player base are being punished everyone should
> [{quoted}](name=Treeofwar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7JBfAA5o,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-01-15T16:26:52.408+0000) > > youtubers post vids about them useing custom skins all the time and they are not banned which i find very unfair. If normal players which are 99.9% of their player base are being punished everyone should Its the same Terms of Use/Terms of Service for Youtubers as any other Player. Should be one policy for all users, not just some :/
: i got downvoted for saying that :/ lol
> [{quoted}](name=IsmokeOregano,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7JBfAA5o,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-01-15T16:16:48.939+0000) > > i got downvoted for saying that :/ > lol FeelsBadMan {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: The last like 4 of these threads were players that got ELO boosted and the booster used a script, so I don't have much hope anymore that these people are telling the truth. Let that be a lesson to anyone thinking of being boosted, I guess.
> [{quoted}](name=Mauve Thunder,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7JBfAA5o,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-01-15T16:13:47.355+0000) > > The last like 4 of these threads were players that got ELO boosted and the booster used a script, so I don't have much hope anymore that these people are telling the truth. Let that be a lesson to anyone thinking of being boosted, I guess. Unless my account was hacked, which is highly unlikely, no one else has been on my account. I do understand tho. Sad that people do that
: Perma-Suspended for use of Custom Skins?
What upsets me is users like this: http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/jTOrb7hE-i-have-an-important-question-please-reply-preferably-riot He got a warning for using MKLOL, which includes timers and other addons to affect gameplay, and was given a chance to reform. If they want to ban for Custom Skins go for it, but my issue is as ISmokeOregano said, straight to perma seems harsh. Im just looking for opprotunity to reform, thats all.
  Rioter Comments
: Banned for use of Custom Skins?
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2016-01-14T17:41:48.918+0000) > > I think what Riot didn't like was the fact that this program has the ability to use custom map skins, which they don't like. > > Custom map skins can put turret range indicators and other small, helpful things to give people an edge. This might be what got you. Whether you actually used a map skin or not, you had the ability to with that program. how would they even detect that though, assuming he did not use a mapskin. maybe he did use one, and thats why he´s now banned. i understand that mapskins are likely illegal, thats fine, i dont see how they would detect you installing a custom character skin with a program that also installs mapskins. i mean you can easily install a character skin manually, its a bit of work but its doable and i dont think the footprint of the install is any different than doing it with a program like wooxy.
> [{quoted}](name=vampirekid13,realm=EUW,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2016-01-14T17:47:38.017+0000) > > how would they even detect that though, assuming he did not use a mapskin. maybe he did use one, and thats why he´s now banned. i understand that mapskins are likely illegal, thats fine, i dont see how they would detect you installing a custom character skin with a program that also installs mapskins. > > i mean you can easily install a character skin manually, its a bit of work but its doable and i dont think the footprint of the install is any different than doing it with a program like wooxy. I actually never tried one, heard they were buggy so I strayed away from it. I understand your point, but Wooxy strictly filters skins before they are posted on their website to be sure that they do not add anything dangerous to the players computer nor give any advantage.
Salron (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=VG Drock55555,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2016-01-14T05:44:20.089+0000) > > Just realized i've been quoting instead of replying, derp > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Here on GD, we don't have the discussion view like other boards, only the chronological view. As a result, replying and quoting do the exact same thing here, so rest easy.
> [{quoted}](name=Face The Win,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-01-14T06:10:14.394+0000) > > Here on GD, we don't have the discussion view like other boards, only the chronological view. > As a result, replying and quoting do the exact same thing here, so rest easy. Haha fair enough. I dont use Boards often, but the support ticket responder recommended I should post and get some support.
Just realized i've been quoting instead of replying, derp {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Thank you for all the replies :D Hope to see more. To respond to a few people, yes Rioters in the past have said as long as it is solely a custom skin, no other edits or modifications, that it would be okay. Idk like I would understand a warning, or even a temp ban, but to jump straight to perma seemed a little harsh to me.
Vreivai (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Challenger Nid ,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2016-01-13T22:30:47.748+0000) > > No, it's always been fine. > > Any 3rd party modification is okay so long as it does not give an explicit advantage. > > In other words: > > It must be purely cosmetic in every way. That's it. Nothing in the ToU says it must give an explicit advantage to be forbidden. > J. Using any unauthorized third party programs, **including but not limited to** "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, **that interact with the Software in any way,**for any purpose, including, without limitation, any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information; Just because it hasn't been enforced in the past doesn't mean they can't start enforcing it now. A justification I could see for this would be that, despite not necessarily giving an advantage, it could be used to emulate skins that are normally supposed to be purchased with RP, meaning that you're effectively pirating those skins. I'm going to see if this program has a forum and check whether there are others being banned for its use. Ok, can't find much related to that. I'm thinking it more likely that the ban was triggered by the program that rebound keys.
> [{quoted}](name=Vreivai,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=00010000000000010001,timestamp=2016-01-13T22:38:06.940+0000) > > Nothing in the ToU says it must give an explicit advantage to be forbidden. > > Just because it hasn't been enforced in the past doesn't mean they can't start enforcing it now. A justification I could see for this would be that, despite not necessarily giving an advantage, it could be used to emulate skins that are normally supposed to be purchased with RP, meaning that you're effectively pirating those skins. > > I'm going to see if this program has a forum and check whether there are others being banned for its use. > > Ok, can't find much related to that. I'm thinking it more likely that the ban was triggered by the program that rebound keys. There was no program to rebind the keys, its a change to the key binding in the config folder, something that many users did for Worlds 2015 to show off the Team Emotes.
: Custom skins are allowed by riot as they don't directly interfere with gameplay, so I either the program you're using for the custom skin is retroactively tipping something off. Or you're not telling the entire story kiddo
> [{quoted}](name=rG Thundrag,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-01-13T22:03:55.485+0000) > > Custom skins are allowed by riot as they don't directly interfere with gameplay, so I either the program you're using for the custom skin is retroactively tipping something off. Or you're not telling the entire story kiddo Thats why I am thinking it may be a false positive, as I know it is rare, but has happened before. I dont know if it was the custom skin that set things off, or the Champion Mastery Emote, but the Custom Skins were most-recent so I believe they may be the culprit.
: Aren't you the only one able to see those custom skins? If so, how the hell is that an "exploit"?
> [{quoted}](name=YogSoth0th,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=0dFGwM3b,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-01-13T22:09:13.878+0000) > > Aren't you the only one able to see those custom skins? If so, how the hell is that an "exploit"? Exactly, only the user using the custom skin can see it. To anyone else they saw Default Skins
Rioter Comments
: WUKONG HAS THREE DEVORUER GHOSTS FOLLOWING HIM
Its a bug with champions who have clones. Each clone creates another dog, but the dogs arent disappearing after death.
Rioter Comments
: Hey DRock, Could you send us some R3d logs from games where you crashed? Also, I would actually advise you to submit a support ticket. I think I'm reaching the limits of how I can help, and I really want you to get help to settle this asap! When you submit this ticket, please attach the files you've sent to me as well! * DXDiag * R3d logs (of the games you've experienced crashing in. Multiple would be good!) * Game.cfg Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :( Let me know when you've submitted a support ticket!
Haha actually, I lowered my video settings in game and it seemed to do the trick :) If I crash again I will be sure to send the information though! Thank you!
: Hey Drock, thanks for all your helpful info so far. I'm looking into this but I'm not sure why it would be happening only on the queue T_T Do you always bugsplat at a specific time? Are you able to get into or complete any games on Butcher's Bridge?
I typically can be in for around 9-10 minutes then I crash out. I have not be able to complete any games, however they appear as defeat not leave in match history, and I was credited for my advancements in the Bilgewater Quest-line for icons. EDIT: Just tested it again, I just noticed that ACT II was open so I thought I'd try it, and it still crashes. Its a shame because I want to earn the icons, but it would take forever to earn it due to bugsplats and leaverbusters. EDIT #2: Tried it again in Custom and at about the 14 minute mark my desktop overheated. Is Butcher Bridge more resource intensive than Rift? I can run Rift for hours fine.
: Does Butcher's Bridge bugsplat in custom and queue? or just in queue?
Only in queue, in custom it ran fine.
: And are you still experiencing bugsplats?
Yes I am. I have no problem on any other map. I tested them all in Custom. Also I know its separate clients, but on PBE I can play Butcher Bridge no problem.
: Hey Drock Are you still experiencing bugsplats? You may want to try loading into a custom game to see. If you are still experiencing issues, would you be willing to provide us some more information? Specifically, things that would be good to have is: * DXDiag of your machine * A copy of your game.cfg file from your League of Legends folder. (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config) Sorry you're having issues :(
It says I cannot attach a .cfg file on this reply. I did however upload it here: http://www.filedropper.com/game_2 Just to add to other solutions I tested: Updated Graphics Drivers Updated Adobe Air Used Repair Tool On Client
Caythal (NA)
: I just now experienced this very same issue while trying to play my first ARAM match on the Butcher's Bridge map. I was booted within the first minute of the game starting and every time I reconnected thereafter. I am also playing on a Mac and I don't usually experience this amount of trouble staying connected to games. I, too, now have leaver buster because of this issue and I don't feel like I can safely play ARAM now. I humbly ask that Riot investigates this issue and an announcement be made when it has been addressed/resolved Edit: I just tried to play a standard rift 5v5 game and the same thing happened which is strange and it was also happening to another player in my game that was also playing on a mac. Also, both of our shop menus had a weird red highlight discolorment (something I also saw in my ARAM match). I've now had two fail games because of constant disconnects, Riot please address this as I'm sure many other players are experiencing similar issues.
See I play on PC, my issue is I played 6 back-to-back games on Rift and it ran beautifully, the second I load up Butcher Bridge I get bugsplats. Now I have a major LeaverBuster. I dont even enjoy Arams I just wanted my TF Icon :c
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: End game Victory/Defeat banner game crash
Also having this issue, but only with the victory banner. Did not have this issue on the PBE though, which is confusing to me.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

VG Drock55555

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion