: can we buff udyr again pls thanks ;)
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ARLOUMBAS,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZoOYN1bA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-31T23:58:24.704+0000) > > can we buff udyr again pls thanks ;) what in gods name are you doing..
: S grade on a loss is literal 1v9
you can get an S and play better. I dont know the whole metric, but I know good cs has alot to do with it, then whatever other random things. I've gone like 7-5-9 and had some real high cs and gotten an S before, and I sure as shit could have probably played better
: > [{quoted}](name=invisiblecat1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cBFRXHFq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-31T03:33:21.711+0000) > > The issue isn't the removal of instant burst on assassins, but rather the inclusion of instaburst on mages and ADCs > Now Assassins have to sit next to their target for multiple seconds, and hope they don't get bursted immediately > Just play a game of LeBlanc and see how difficult it is to stand 1.5 seconds next to a Shiv IE Vayne Tbf mages have ALWAYS been insta-bursting. Syndra, Lux, Ahri, etc. Have always had burst that worked the way it currently does.
> [{quoted}](name=Sexy Jack Rabbit,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cBFRXHFq,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-01-31T04:58:46.708+0000) > > Tbf mages have ALWAYS been insta-bursting. Syndra, Lux, Ahri, etc. Have always had burst that worked the way it currently does. lol. Ahri isnt bursting anyone unless she is pretty fed. Unless you consider using two rotations to kill someone equal level and cs as "burst"
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Never thought I'd be doing this, but I'm actually permabanning that champ
Have you ever played AS her? You should, will help you learn her limitations and cd's so you can play against her better. She is a pretty solid champ, but not over the top or anything.
Terozu (NA)
: Already a thing.
> [{quoted}](name=darkcastkiller,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yjvYgKQM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-30T02:10:36.832+0000) > > Already a thing. I mean like a point tally or something. Not just randomly checking it and not knowing if you are close to a checkpoint or level.
Vad Nova (NA)
: Riot, add something to the honor thing on profile screen so you know you are making progress.
No just on your own profile. For example I got a chat ban end of last season. Rightfully so, most likely. But so I've been trying to chill out more (and just avoiding ranked). Its at that state where it says (you are at checkpoint zero out of three to lvl 1) I play tons of games. I've been getting honored alot, been pretty chill when I DO lose, ect. Still at 0 out of 3 steps. Its just not making me feel like I am making any progress. Sure, I KNOW I've been way more chill lately, but I'd like to see the vindication for it. Would make it easier to have some sort of "hang in there buddy" mindset next time I get one of those matches where I want to smash something. Currently I dont feel like I've made any progress, and its frustrating
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=YumaS2Astral,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GxUG6piM,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-29T23:52:35.322+0000) > > There is also that. > > Snowball is actually very strong in competitive, it is just not prevalent because teams do everything possible to avoid it - and unlike in SoloQ, they actually succeed in doing that. So again I ask, if proper play results in towers surviving longer, as demonstrated by the highest levels of play, should we coddle poor players by making mistakes less punishing?
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GxUG6piM,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T23:59:59.063+0000) > > So again I ask, if proper play results in towers surviving longer, as demonstrated by the highest levels of play, should we coddle poor players by making mistakes less punishing? "proper play" being an afk farmfest for 15 min isnt that fun though. Thats why I dont watch lcs. It isnt entertaining. And then by then everyone is so farmed, its really only maybe 1 or two REAL fights that dictate who wins. Because damage has gotten so ramped up you cant afford to even make a single mistake often. Mistakes are only so punishing because of the high damage that has crept into the game. Getting 100-0'd is super easy. Sure pro's adapted to the powercreep, but im confident that powercreep is a negative aspect of league.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Crystalysk,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GxUG6piM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T21:50:00.262+0000) > > Because they farm for the first 15 minutes. It is not just due to that. It is a combination of different factors. The first is their compositions. While on SoloQ snowball reliant champions are quite popular - such as assassins in geral, Yasuo, Riven, etc - in competitive, they tend to pick tanks, mages with waveclear and CC, and hypercarry ADCs (as well as Sivir which is not an hypercarry but is able to waveclear and splitpush quite well). Slayers and divers are almost non existent in competitive because they are too easily countered by tanks and enchanter supports. Waveclear makes it so that they can stall matches because by waveclearing, you make it harder for the enemy team to push and take down towers. Then there is Stopwatch which is a must have on competitive, whereas people in SoloQ don't pick it as much, and many of them don't even utilize it properly. With Stopwatch, they can prevent early game dives, which discourage early game aggression, which stalls games. Their vision control is also a lot better, you see pros purchasing pink wards and constantly warding, which is yet another factor that reduces early game aggression. Unsealed Spellbook is becoming a popular keystone on most champions in competitive, especially due to the nerfs to other keystones. The reason for that is because with the summoner spell cooldown reduction you can have Flash and other survivability spells like Heal avaliable more often, increasing your survivability significantly. They also gain the ability to switch spells, so they can, for example, switch to Teleport and quickly return to the lane, preventing enemy attempts to push. There are ther factors but you are better off asking to someone who knows that better.
> [{quoted}](name=YumaS2Astral,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GxUG6piM,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-29T22:07:15.818+0000) > > It is not just due to that. > > It is a combination of different factors. The first is their compositions. While on SoloQ snowball reliant champions are quite popular - such as assassins in geral, Yasuo, Riven, etc - in competitive, they tend to pick tanks, mages with waveclear and CC, and hypercarry ADCs (as well as Sivir which is not an hypercarry but is able to waveclear and splitpush quite well). Slayers and divers are almost non existent in competitive because they are too easily countered by tanks and enchanter supports. > > Waveclear makes it so that they can stall matches because by waveclearing, you make it harder for the enemy team to push and take down towers. > > Then there is Stopwatch which is a must have on competitive, whereas people in SoloQ don't pick it as much, and many of them don't even utilize it properly. With Stopwatch, they can prevent early game dives, which discourage early game aggression, which stalls games. > > Their vision control is also a lot better, you see pros purchasing pink wards and constantly warding, which is yet another factor that reduces early game aggression. > > Unsealed Spellbook is becoming a popular keystone on most champions in competitive, especially due to the nerfs to other keystones. The reason for that is because with the summoner spell cooldown reduction you can have Flash and other survivability spells like Heal avaliable more often, increasing your survivability significantly. They also gain the ability to switch spells, so they can, for example, switch to Teleport and quickly return to the lane, preventing enemy attempts to push. > > There are ther factors but you are better off asking to someone who knows that better. The main factor si its their jobs, so they are super hesitant to make any mistakes. And with the game being so damned snowbally, often the first team to mess up can use that to start the snowball. Sure there is some tiny tiny bit of those other things, but otherwise thats basically it.
: So you can specifically pick not to ban a champion....
yeah that is pretty dumb. A kick for not banning is just ridiculous.
: If you aren't going to at least say anything of substance why bother? You say that half the roster is unplayable and there is only a select few champs that are viable in each lane, what champs are these? You just want to make noise crying that a faceless and oppresive metagame haunting over this game has taken it over and turned it into something that isn't fun but you aren't saying which champs these are if half the roster is obsolete then that means at least 3 of these randomly chosen champs are obsolete {{champion:131}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:29}} which of these is "Unplayable" and which are the "small acceptable pool" because most people would agree pretty much any one trick on any champ could get to at least gold if they absolutely master that champ. Next more meta fear mongering as if "meta" is some sort of regime and you are a robot for following it there is a reason things are meta because they are good the reason trying new things on a champ that has been out for 2 plus years doesn't work is because those avenues have been explored and are objectively inferior I don't care how many kills you get with frozen mallet, black cleaver kindred you would have gotten more if you would have just followed the meta and anytime there is something that works that isn't meta it's usually the community that complains about it "how can vayne top shes too versatile nerf her", "Syndra is op with muramana", Why are adc taking relic shield make it melee only and tell thresh to screw off" I won't even adress the tank section because as you so well put "Spare me the bs about kiting and keeping away and cc and engage" So I will spare you the bs Now you say that adcs get prefferential treatment and then talk about how mages have shit items and lack itemization this is confusing because if any class has low itemization options it's adc with the dominant builds being crit on hit and lethality there is hardly room for itemization and before you start replying a picture of a {{item:3071}} and {{item:3302}} lets remember the precedent already set by you in how the meta is all oppressive and there is no room for innovation or to "try new things" if that is true then replaying about off meta things is just a contradiction instead try {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3072}} "Morello is the only item mages want that has cdr" {{item:3102}} {{item:3092}} {{item:2301}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3504}} {{item:3001}} {{item:2302}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3107}} Excuse me? A full ad team can win easy in what world do you complain about the itemization of tanks vs. ad and complain ad has no way to itemize because they are op in the same post. Then there is the talk of no longer having to protect the adc because they just burst down one person and the fight is over, and then some talk about how if the fight loses 1 person there is no winning just run away or feed. If the adc is bursting someone it is the squishy and that squishy is out of position if it is a tank and tanks are op like you said then the tank would burst the adc while still being tanky right? Thats what you said.Secondly I have witnessed hundreds if not thousands of team fights turn around after losing the first person. "Top lane is rock paper scissors whoever picks the right champ wins, there is no outplaying you either pick the counter or get countered" How is that in any way exclusive to top lane, If somone blind picks fizz in the mid and i pick malzahar I am going to smack this kid he has no way to crack my spellshield without coming in range or wasting an ult for a shield that came back in 30 seconds is malz oppresive? no he got counter picked If I choose Ivern into Khazix im bout to get pounded because i Picked into my counter this is a basic strategic function of not just league or mobas but of any game with strategic value, you need to make the right choice for the right situation. and don't even get me started on defensive stats being dick till late game have you ever purchased {{item:3047}} or {{item:3076}} latley? it's all the defense you need against some laners these days. Then something about 5-10 minute games even in competitive matches No lol, Why have an ff timer I'm pretty sure we can all agree that comebacks do exist, I myself have cursed the name of a stubborn person who stopped an ff but thanked them later because we ended up coming back. Then something about e sports holding us hostage. Then the runes, A majority of champs have fitting runes Especially when alot of the old runes have been brought over in some form or even have strictly better versions of themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=Iffy Jarl,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2018-01-07T17:48:10.843+0000) > > If you aren't going to at least say anything of substance why bother? You say that half the roster is unplayable and there is only a select few champs that are viable in each lane, what champs are these? You just want to make noise crying that a faceless and oppresive metagame haunting over this game has taken it over and turned it into something that isn't fun but you aren't saying which champs these are if half the roster is obsolete then that means at least 3 of these randomly chosen champs are obsolete {{champion:131}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:29}} which of these is "Unplayable" and which are the "small acceptable pool" because most people would agree pretty much any one trick on any champ could get to at least gold if they absolutely master that champ. I never said "unplayable", I said pretty much garbage vs people who tryhard play only top teir champs. At least 7 of those champs you listed have SUB 50% winrates > Next more meta fear mongering as if "meta" is some sort of regime and you are a robot for following it there is a reason things are meta because they are good the reason trying new things on a champ that has been out for 2 plus years doesn't work is because those avenues have been explored and are objectively inferior I don't care how many kills you get with frozen mallet, black cleaver kindred you would have gotten more if you would have just followed the meta and anytime there is something that works that isn't meta it's usually the community that complains about it "how can vayne top shes too versatile nerf her", "Syndra is op with muramana", Why are adc taking relic shield make it melee only and tell thresh to screw off" Proving my point. There is no versatality or real FUN in playing, unless you follow a very strict champ/build guideline. If you dont, you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage. Other avenues are inferrior because riot has fucked them. There used to be alot more crossplay and weird builds and stuff that worked, but before people vould even have time to ADAPT to them, Riot nerfs them because "it isnt intended" type of bullshit. It used to be you could DISCOVER lots of cool new ways to play champs in differen troles, and slowly they have gotten repeatedly nerfed to lock champs in to what Riot see's them doing, despite their "we dont enforce the meta" lies. > I won't even adress the tank section because as you so well put "Spare me the bs about kiting and keeping away and cc and engage" So I will spare you the bs If that was your entire responce Im glad you said nothing. Because those arent anymore valid points. With mobility creep a tank can get on a backline very easily these days. Hell look at PRO games, people who should know these "obvious" facts about tanks you want to spew. Oh, they ALSO get back lines jumped by tanks very consistantly. Its almost like kiting tanks/stay away from tanks isnt a very reasonable thing to expect to happen. > Now you say that adcs get prefferential treatment and then talk about how mages have shit items and lack itemization this is confusing because if any class has low itemization options it's adc with the dominant builds being crit on hit and lethality there is hardly room for itemization and before you start replying a picture of a {{item:3071}} and {{item:3302}} lets remember the precedent already set by you in how the meta is all oppressive and there is no room for innovation or to "try new things" if that is true then replaying about off meta things is just a contradiction instead try > > {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3072}} > > "Morello is the only item mages want that has cdr" {{item:3102}} {{item:3092}} {{item:2301}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3504}} {{item:3001}} {{item:2302}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3107}} Excuse me? Did you read anything? I mean do you know how to read as in understanding the idea presented.... Yeah, ADC's have less itemization. But its cheaper and in a much less spectrum of items they get everything they need, and cheaper. Better waveclear, better damage, better sustain, better burst. And all those mage items you listed, most mages dont WANT to build most of those. There are a few there that are specific to a certain mage here and there, but most those are shitty items in an era where doing as much damage you can as fast as you can is key. Its like you didnt even read the section where I mentioned mage items. Most of those are really crap. MAYBE you get a little more utility and lose out damage, then just hope you had the fed ADC and not them. Mages are worth playing HOW? > A full ad team can win easy in what world do you complain about the itemization of tanks vs. ad and complain ad has no way to itemize because they are op in the same post. I literally said none of those things in any relation to eachother. Again I think you have issues comprehending written word. Or are just super bad at writing and unable to explain your point, because none of that makes sense or relates to the points I clearly made. > Then there is the talk of no longer having to protect the adc because they just burst down one person and the fight is over, and then some talk about how if the fight loses 1 person there is no winning just run away or feed. If the adc is bursting someone it is the squishy and that squishy is out of position if it is a tank and tanks are op like you said then the tank would burst the adc while still being tanky right? Thats what you said.Secondly I have witnessed hundreds if not thousands of team fights turn around after losing the first person. I didnt say any of that actually. What I actually said is tanks arent actually tanks, just harder to kill assasins. If the tank gets on top that ADC and blows them up, (bwcause tanks have to much damage) they prolly won that fight. If ADC gets that first kill, they probably win that fight (because adc's have too much easy damage). Like, if you actually use some sort of reasoning skills ou can see the points Im making. You dont have to even agree with them but you sound so totally confused, i dont feel like you should be engaging in debate.. > "Top lane is rock paper scissors whoever picks the right champ wins, there is no outplaying you either pick the counter or get countered" How is that in any way exclusive to top lane, If somone blind picks fizz in the mid and i pick malzahar I am going to smack this kid he has no way to crack my spellshield without coming in range or wasting an ult for a shield that came back in 30 seconds is malz oppresive? no he got counter picked If I choose Ivern into Khazix im bout to get pounded because i Picked into my counter this is a basic strategic function of not just league or mobas but of any game with strategic value, you need to make the right choice for the right situation. and don't even get me started on defensive stats being dick till late game have you ever purchased {{item:3047}} or {{item:3076}} latley? it's all the defense you need against some laners these days. Did I ever say its exclusive to top lane? No. In fact I made it a pretty clear point if you paid attention that it is a big problem overall. I just pointed out top SPECIFICALLY because they seem to have the hardest number of these types of lanes. And that obiously shows how some champs are such garbage (a point you literally just tried to argue against) when one or two items makes them worthless. > Then something about 5-10 minute games even in competitive matches No lol, Why have an ff timer I'm pretty sure we can all agree that comebacks do exist, I myself have cursed the name of a stubborn person who stopped an ff but thanked them later because we ended up coming back. Then something about e sports holding us hostage. Again its like you didnt comprehend anything I actually said... > Then the runes, A majority of champs have fitting runes Especially when alot of the old runes have been brought over in some form or even have strictly better versions of themselves. A segment of champs fit VERY well with the new runes. Another segment of champs do ok but dont have any real solid set, not as reliable as the first segment of champs. The third (admittingly smallest but still a problem) segment of champs dont fit well into any set of runes and because of this have an inherent disadantage. Used to be you had masteries and runes. Bot of them were pretty well set. Masteries, most champs you knew what to take. The strengths were basically the same on ap-ad-tank. Very minor differences. You knew strengths, and could counter them with runes. MOST runes were some ad/ap some ad/mr. You could tweak for some CDR or crit or movepseed on specific champs. Very basic stuff. But at least the system was pretty fair, if bland. Now there is no accounting for weaknesses in runes, only accentuating strengths, which just exacerbates the snowball problem. You managed to comment on everything I said but not actually COMPREHEND anything I said. Like your eyes acknowledged the words but didnt understand the meaning. And by the way, looking at your match history (not as a judgment of your skill) is a confirmation of a number of the points I have brought up. So you actually PLAY in these problems and are just completely blind to them....? Truly amazing.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Emelie Cauchemar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-01-07T09:18:09.213+0000) > > I'm sorry, but you're a silver 5 player with a legitimately 30% wr, so you're not even a silver 5 player, you're closer to a bronze 3 and I can tell because almost all of your games have very bad kdas. > > If you build nothing but fucking chain vests on Olaf top vs Yasuo who gets armor pen from his ult and does magic damage with his E of course you're going to get fucked. Electrocute frostbourne gauntlet Warwick top vs Kayle? Kayle does mostly magic damage. > > Honestly, you frankly just don't know how to fucking play. If I had to deal with losers FFing 5 minutes into the game being perfectly acceptable I'd have never made it to D3. Get the fuck overyourself lol. > > P.S You're playing Wukong the terribly designed pile of shit assassin wrong anyways. That'd probably be why 95% of your rant is invalid until diamond anyways. You're not even anywhere close to an ELO where Jayces actually are capable of playing the game, and you'll certainly never run into a smurf. And frankly, there's 0 reason you can't make it diamond with a champion pool of Sion/Tryndamere which you apparently like playing, so at that point the fault is on you. > > P.S > > I've played with a guy who only plays support tank reksai named reksai and he's in diamond 2. I also run into 1800demacia whose a diamond garen otp quite regularly. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} You oviously just hate me/hate my opinons ans just want to bash me, took ZERO actual time to actually think about my statements. Nope, just BOOM to the stats and find something to critique. First, this isnt my main account. Its not even my second account. I have a few, for various reasons. But if you realistically look at this account you notice a few things. !, few champs on it have I actually played alot of games. There is alot of bouncing around champs, and look at them, oftem new builds on different games, just loking at things and fucking around. Second, I've played (not counting the 10 games it takes for placements) maybe 4 or 5 ranked games? Also with a pretty wide variety of champs? Its preseason, so ranked doesnt matter. Look im not saying I am Master ranked good omg!!???!! But try to use some critical thinking instead of just jumping straight to "bash and discredit" mode.
MuseCub (NA)
: everything riot does is based around money.
> [{quoted}](name=MuseCub,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2018-01-07T18:39:16.676+0000) > > everything riot does is based around money. I dont know why this was downvoted, it is shockingly true. Look at LCS, and the kind of plays they think are important for the health or League LCS. Big Flashy Plays. Aka crazy burst damage plays. It makes league look exciting to people and makes LCS fun to watch, so they overloaded damage on everything. Think about some of your older games that averaged 30 min. How many of them were visual snoozefests with both teams scared to make the first move. As a spectator, those games were boring. And a PLAYER, those games were INTENSE. High stakes, high drama. And once that fight popped off, once that one guy got out of position, those were some of the greates most exciting plays that existed. FUN games. Now every match is a crazy deathmatch where one team snowballs and it looks exciting so that Riot can make a shit load of money from esports (aka moking money off of people watching)
: sooooo you cant play a champ no one plays in a certain role? hence why someone played ad kled in the mid lane and climbed to diamond or the supp reksai who climbed to diamond thats not meta and they didnt seem to have a issue why you cant do it is beyond me
> [{quoted}](name=nodice21,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-01-07T03:02:00.596+0000) > > sooooo you cant play a champ no one plays in a certain role? hence why someone played ad kled in the mid lane and climbed to diamond or the supp reksai who climbed to diamond thats not meta and they didnt seem to have a issue why you cant do it is beyond me The ignorance in that comment is staggering. Some people are REALLY good and can do crazy things with crazy picks/builds. But just because someone in the top 10% of skill can climb past the average player to get back to his natural skill level, that doesnt mean it is a reasonable thing for the rest of us. Im sure some diamond or whatever player could soraka top and climb back to their rank. Because they, personally, are THAT GOOD. But they account for less then 10% of the player base in skill level. Thats like saying some mathmatician can perform some crazy formula so just because you passed algebra you should to. Its ignorant.
: Dont think a smurf would have a 30% winrate...
> [{quoted}](name=KAlWEN,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=000c0001000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-07T22:00:03.276+0000) > > Dont think a smurf would have a 30% winrate... Oh im not a smurf. and never have been above gold. This isnt my third? account, for various reasons. I am for sure no pro but I aint bad. On this one I have been trying to play different things and get out of the rut that you are stuck in if you really "care" about winning and have to play specific things on a spreadsheet somewhere or lose alot.
: But don't you enjoy going onto reddit/r/leaugeoflegends and seeing nothing but esports posts! Riot doesn't care about their game anymore and they'll soon be out of one to not care about because of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Leighton705,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-07T02:47:46.473+0000) > > But don't you enjoy going onto reddit/r/leaugeoflegends and seeing nothing but esports posts! > > Riot doesn't care about their game anymore and they'll soon be out of one to not care about because of it. Right? Riot always says "forums dont matter because they are even smaller then reddit ect". Reddit isnt REALLY game discussion. Its like 95% esports and team news and ect garbage filler crap. No one there actually talks about the state of the game.
Velasan (NA)
: While some of what you say is true (minus the hyperbole) the worst thing about League is actually probably the community. There are some cool people who play League sure, but there are a lot of toxic ones too and just plain don't care ones as well. A lot of the things that are considered problems with this game stem from being teamed up with other people who are bad team mates in a team game. I'm not talking about teammates holding you back either, I'm only talking about trying to coordinate with 4 other strangers and how inflexible players can be. The boards highlights this problem even more so, because a lot of the discussion on here is just, "so so is **** cause I said so," end statement. You see this all the time on here, and it's not a starting point for a discussion. It is a way to rally around negativity, but not to do anything productive. As for the actual stuff Riot needs to fix (snowballing games, damage being too high etc) they have acknowledged a lot of this already and are probably already working on something. I mean, if they're not feel free to keep complaining, but they've at least said already top lane is a problem and games are ending faster. So far during preseason my biggest problem hasn't been with the game being bad, it's been getting 4 allies with no idea how to play their champs on new runes who don't want to ward anything. Particularly support for some reason... AP full damage support is very common right now where they buy no sight stone and go like a straight ludens/liandrys as first buy.
> [{quoted}](name=Velasan,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xPcG4PE0,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2018-01-07T18:31:55.458+0000) > > While some of what you say is true (minus the hyperbole) the worst thing about League is actually probably the community. > > There are some cool people who play League sure, but there are a lot of toxic ones too and just plain don't care ones as well. A lot of the things that are considered problems with this game stem from being teamed up with other people who are bad team mates in a team game. I'm not talking about teammates holding you back either, I'm only talking about trying to coordinate with 4 other strangers and how inflexible players can be. > > The boards highlights this problem even more so, because a lot of the discussion on here is just, "so so is **** cause I said so," end statement. You see this all the time on here, and it's not a starting point for a discussion. It is a way to rally around negativity, but not to do anything productive. > > As for the actual stuff Riot needs to fix (snowballing games, damage being too high etc) they have acknowledged a lot of this already and are probably already working on something. I mean, if they're not feel free to keep complaining, but they've at least said already top lane is a problem and games are ending faster. So far during preseason my biggest problem hasn't been with the game being bad, it's been getting 4 allies with no idea how to play their champs on new runes who don't want to ward anything. Particularly support for some reason... AP full damage support is very common right now where they buy no sight stone and go like a straight ludens/liandrys as first buy. Alot of that negativity of the community, in my opinion, is because of the shit state of the game though. There are a lot of people being shafted by the desicion making that goes on. When you expect, maybe foolishly, a fair and balanced product, then you have to play such a distorted and lopsided game, it really does aggravate people. When you do actually good in a lane (AKA one kill leade or 40 cs lead) and it doesnt matter because you werent the adc bot, who on their team got two kills and a 15 cs lead so you lose anyways, yeah. That type of shit aggravates people. Its honestly hard NOT to rage in this game (hyperbole) just because of how frustrating MULTIPLE aspects of the game are and some of them HAVE been for a long while.
Rioter Comments
: 30ish seems acceptable. I maintain having to set aside an hour for a match is not remotely a good thing for the game. At 30 minutes its plausible to sit down a play a game between classes, at 40-50 that becomes very unlikely.
> [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZKfdMa0n,comment-id=0039,timestamp=2017-12-23T20:38:26.929+0000) > > 30ish seems acceptable. I maintain having to set aside an hour for a match is not remotely a good thing for the game. At 30 minutes its plausible to sit down a play a game between classes, at 40-50 that becomes very unlikely. It was a good thing for those of us who MADE the game by playing it back in the day. We loved it, having a true hard fought game. We are the reason the game got popular, just so it could be twisted and tweaked for the "casual" gamer so that YOU could enjoy playing it.
Rioter Comments
: I asked a pretty, young, homeless woman if I could take her home, and she said yes with a big smile
: Why make it so easy for someone to waste 9 other peoples lives so easy {{item:3070}}
How is it wasting their lives? If someone is going to dodge, they are going to dodge regardless. I think it should be an accepted fact and accomodated for. The "difficulty" of dodging had zero impact on someone dodging. The timer before finding a new match does, if anything, and that still would exist.
Rioter Comments
: @Riot Can we finally discuss ranked matchmaking ?
Ranked is a legitimate waste of time anyways. All it does is add stress and toxicity to the game. In a game where personal skill matters so little compared to a team effort as a whole, why play ranked? So you can get a shiny new icon that only you care about?
: I think that ARURF is better than regular URF. Regular URF had everyone picking the same champs. The Snow ARURF hasn't been as fun, and I think that it's because of the limited champion pool. My solution is that Riot needed to do the reverse: Instead of limiting the pool, they needed to give everyone access to ALL the champions (minus a select few, such as Karthus - whom they have autobanned in the past). Making it so that everyone can access ALL available champions and not just the ones on free rotation and their own collection will prevent those "AR" accounts which only have the best champions in random champion games. This should increase the randomness of the game, which in theory should allow everyone to have an equal chance.
arurf though has a seemingly tiny champ pool, which includes a fair amount of champs who are just garbage in urf anyways. So you either get lucky in chamo select, or you dont and you lose. A high number of games are decided in champ select, which is random so you have no control at all on whether it will be a good game or not. I am just tired of knowing at champ select im going to have to wait for 15-20 min to surrender. Waste of time.
Rioter Comments
: I asked a pretty, young, homeless woman if I could take her home, and she said yes with a big smile
not even funny, if you think of how you ask a person that question. "Can I take your home?" Doesnt make sense. Poor joke.
: I'll stop banning Zoe when Riot reworks her Mario Kart W to not be wildly unpredictable.
: Riot doesn't give a shit. As long as ADCs dominate they are content.
as long as BIG FLASHY LCS PLAYS, and people doing crazy damage seems to be their description of flashy plays. Just explosions and fireworks till one team is dead.
Rioter Comments
: Impossible games are the worst
Stupid thread if you think about it. 75%(minimum) of games are stomps one way or another The longer you win, the more likley a loss is coming up. You had a good win streak. News flash, win streaks are OUTSIDE the statistical norm. Loses are liklely to follow. You win a bunch, then start losing a normal amount again and "OMG RIOT DOIN DIS ON PURPUS!!* No. Welcome to real life, where you arent actually good enough to keep on winning over and over forever.
: a plea to ADCs.
*when you have one instance happen in a game and make a post exaggerating it into an epedemic it isnt*
: Can we stop with "It's just normals" or playing while drunk/high?
Honestly, especially in normals, there is legit NO REASON to take it very seriously. The state of balance in the game is awful, picks decide the game like 90% of the time. Two lanes pick early and get counter picked next, probably GG right there. Why would anyone take that seriously? Ranked is just a waste of time, so play norms, chill the fuck out, and just play what you wanna play where you wanna play it. Oh, and have a bowl or a beer while you play, i garuntee you will have way more fun and be way happier then that angry uptight asshole who thinks league is life and isnt happy unless he gets a win. He forgot what gaming actually is.
: Okay - i get what a lot of you are saying. However, if you come to be a liability to _RANDOM STRANGERS _through being inebriated or hindered in any way, then you should instead be courteous and play with premade friends or in a lobby such as bots, ARAM, or (depending on peoples opinion) blind pick. [NOTE; I personally consider blind to be the 'casual' PVP lobby, and draft as the "I want to win" lobby. This is not advocating trolling or intentionally griefing lobbies in any way, but TO ME, blind is the "lol OK lets have fun" lobby. let me know if you think otherwise.] Here's the thing. Not everyone thinks it's fine to be playing while high as a kite, and if you're hindering other strangers' experiences, that should not slide. If the people you are with are totally A-OK with it, i.e. friends etc, then have at it, but don't hold up to 4 people hostage for 40 mins because you wanted to blaze it and carelessly play a competitive game even if you are not capable. That's the equivalent of turning up to a group soccer game after smashing down a couple shots, ruining your team's game after being unfit to play, and saying "Lol but it was only your time i wasted, not like you wanted to play a game where the primary objective is winning :D" ~ Again, if you have people to play games with while high or drunk, then you may, but if you do not take other players into consideration, you should not have any qualms with toxic/feeding players, as you may be an equal hinderence, even by accident
No. Why should we have to take other players in consideration? Bunch of random people we are forced to play with?Intentional trolling or feeding is one thing. But being drunk or high and having fun playing weird picks or just not doing well, fucking deal with it. Its a game. Random players dont owe you ANYTHING on a basic open game mode. It isnt ranked. I play with hundreds of strangers every day in a couple of games, i dont give a shit about their "sensetivities", and you are mad to assume I should. Im playing to have fun. FUN. I know you have gotten so brainwashed by the crazy stupd competetivness of league. But Fun still exists. You will never go pro, so stop being so competetive. I try hard to win every game I play. But if I lose or get whooped? So what.
AR URF (NA)
: As someone who plays this a lot and usually about 99% of the time plays normals I have to say I hate it. Sure "it's just normals", but people fail to realize that some people like me just don't like ranked.
They stop caring so much. It LITERALLY is just normals. People playing the gae to have fun. If you cant enjoy a game without a solid win, and arent willing to accept losses, this is NOT the game you should be playing. Those are just facts
Barkley (NA)
: I disagree. As far as I'm concerned, or care, I AM just with my friends. I don't owe any behavior to you, or anyone. You don't pay my bills, you don't get up at 4am when I've got a flat and need a ride. You don't babysit my kids, you don't come over for Christmas. You're nobody to me. I owe you nothing. What have you or anyone else that plays this game ever done for me that I should feel "Obligated" for? I have no obligation to you. You haven't earned any obligation from me. I could give a good god damn what some random person I'm never going to meet in my life thinks of me or the way I act. When we play, we always try to win. We're not trolls. But we may or may not be inebriated, and we may or may not play our best. We may play champs we never play. We may play champions in roles that aren't "meta". It might not work. It might. Who knows. Who cares? If you want to judge people on how they play, or expect people to adhere to strict social guidelines, play ranked or don't play at all. This is a video game. Not real life. There IS a difference. In non ranked, non competitive play, the only objective is to have fun. Period. My friends and I accomplish that goal, as do all the other people this post aims to complain about. Now if you've got someone intentionally feeding, or purposely trying to lose the game because thats "fun" to them.... fuck those people. Report their asses, that's what its for. But if I'm drunk, trying to win, playing Karthus jungle, and I don't exactly have the greatest game? Who cares? Who the hell are you to tell me I can't do that? What authority do you have over me? None. Zero. As long as I'm trying to win and I'm playing to the best of my ability, you can't touch me. Try as you may. When you go to a bar (if you're even old enough) do you expect people to sit around with their pinkies out and discuss academia, being prim, proper, and polite? Or do you go expecting a bunch of drunk morons to be acting like drunk morons? Norms is the same way. Its norms. Anything goes. Take your expectations to ranked, or take your expectations to another game - or off of video games entirely. You seem to take it far too seriously.
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=nice table,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9UTigbOA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-12-18T02:58:59.603+0000) > > you should probably go into ranked to get your competitive trying to win experience tbh fam "It's just a game" Yes, people still say that in ranked.
Guess what. Because it IS just a game. Not everyone is going to be as tryhard as you are. Some people will play ranked and never truly give a fuck, because its just a fucking GAME. Get a deeper game library if you care so(too) hard about league.
Minarde (NA)
: You're ruining the game for the enemy team if they wanted a challenging match. Given that they're clearly not queuing against bots, "wanting a challenge" is a fairly reasonable assumption. It doesn't matter if I *would* have gotten a feeding teammate because I *did* get a teammate that's negatively affecting my gameplay experience. It'd be like excusing a guy spouting racial slurs while puking on the bus because "who says someone else wouldn't have been trying to punch you?" Considering what you might have gotten instead is a completely irrelevant discussion. Furthermore, at what point did I say anything about insta-losing? As for ranks and values, every PvP game mode has MMR, and every single game mode has numbers. The value of all of these things is completely subjective, since it has a different meaning to each player. Maybe Alice is ecstatic she finally hit Plat. Maybe Bob is anxious that he's only Plat. Maybe Carol doesn't care about being Plat and just wants to be +300 in ARAM. For the most part, those values, ranks, or numbers only mean as much as you personally want them to mean.
You are stretching so hard here to prove a clearly failed point its ridiculous. Your logic also applies to someone who knows they suck at the game playing normals. Yeah they suck and prolly bring down the team overall, but your logic they shouldnt play at all then? Its normals bro, chill the fuck out.
: Can we stop with "It's just normals" or playing while drunk/high?
lol no. First of all, I play better when im a lil drunk or high caue im not stressin and trying to hard. Second, people can game while they are drunk or high all they want. Legit is the MOST FUN TIME TO GAME. Third, with the fucked up state of the game being drunk or high doesnt mean a win/loss. Its still decided by champ select/bot. The ONLY thing it means is those drunk/high people are less stressed about the loss you prolly would have had anyways. While you are all normal toxic angry about it, they realize its just fucking normals and are chill It doesnt mean they are trying any less hard. And its normals. Chill the fuck out.
: You know, a lot of us would be more inclined to play if...
Small issue. Even when autofill is off, at least personally, I can go a handfull of games before I HAVE to fill.
: i guess is like old soraka problem, that didnt encourage interaction, soraka use to be able to heal herself very easily just like morgana as she wave clear (making her good against some slow pushers that cant do anything if morgana have her black shield) now though it feels great for morgana support since she didnt really wanted to use W on minions anyway, while making midlane morgana and other roles (maybe even jungle morgana? dont tell anyone) a lot more interactive
No. Morgs heal wasnt at all noticible till mutch later in a match and a few items in. And it in no way makes midlane more interactive.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anonagon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AwmZyAOZ,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-12-06T11:23:00.238+0000) > > Okay, that makes sense. > > Do you think that the better scaling and better ability to use as harass are a worthwhile tradeoff for the inability to heal off minions? It seems like it makes her a more interactive champion. Now she has incentive to fight her enemy laner rather than just w minions and sit back with a spell shield waiting to get outscaled. She could maybe get some decent heal off the wraiths camp or even scuttle though. It also seems like this could be an attempt to make her a viable jungler, which would be interesting. Her kit would be nice for a jungler if she had decent jungle clear and sustain -- i think she may have enough with this.
lol no she doesnt. In lane this skill does literally nothing to the enemy laner unless you hit a W on them, and even then it doesnt do much damage till much later in the game. Harrasing with it will burn mana and do negligable damage to the enemy laner. It also wont heal you anything significant harrass wise. This will in no way change her lane pattern. Not in the slightest.
: its more the bragging rights that ranked anything exists really.
bragging rights are useless though when every ranked thinks the one right below them is the worst in the game (when for most its the same skill level)
Rioter Comments
: Wukong has the same problems the old Talon had!
I've taken to using R to mostly get out. If things are going well, or at least average, I usually can get in and do the adc in one rotation, including R, then I use it to get out, since between the knockup and the speed boost I can often get back to my team. Better to watch enemy CC timers. But save W, if you are lucky you wont die when they CC you after your ult, and you have a chance to W out. They need to add more functionality to his clone. And give him a real passive.
: Wukong deserves a rework more than Irelia/Swain.
Wukong just needs a better passive, and more power added to his clone
: How to achieve lane dominance as Zoe?
Like the other guy said. Her cooldown on Q is tiny.
: This isn't an issue at all. Your Q cooldown is borderline non-existent.
Dont know why you got downvoted, its true.
Rioter Comments
: Any mages vs Ad Assassins mid should be a skill match up lane not an itemization lane...
Every post here that isnt circlejerk is downvoted to hell. Such salt. Look, the item isnt THAT powerful. You have to be pretty damned low for it to kick in, and against a big chuck of mages this means either you are about to die, or maybe you safley get back to your tower. This whole "You feel safe going all in cause hexdrinker" is bs. Its a skill matchup still in most cases (some mages are just really bad at dealing with ad mids but AD mids have more bad matchups) Just because I bought hexdrinker does NOT mean I feel safe going all in and ham on a mage in mid lane. Simply isnt true. I avoid buying it if I can because it delays the powerspikes I ACTUALLY WANT to work towards. I hate hexdrinker. But being an ad assasin im mid vs a wide range of ranged powerful mage abilities is pretty damned tough to be honest. Zed has it the easiest I think (making an ad assasin manaless was a dumb idea i believe) but there are no easy lanes for the most part. People act like you get this massive sheild with hexdrinker, and it isnt true. Its pretty small, and only triggers at what, 30% hp? Thats a spell or two for most mages. And still AD assasins are really supposed to be dangerous in a 1v1 matchup here. Most mages will have much better value later in the game in a situation where neither got fed. Ad assasins have to be more careful about their teamfighting. And if your team is playing CORRECTLY and has peel and the squishies are using proper placement, getting to them is NOT easy. ITs not the ad assasin class's fault that so many people dont peel for their squishies and or have poor placement. And if an assasin goes in and blows up a squishy it is very often a 1 for 1 trade. Not a great trade really.
Show more

Vad Nova

Level 53 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion