Just Mo (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=um8cTKVF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-06T18:06:26.711+0000) > > The only issue i take with it is there is a lack of momentum and action. true. there are "explosions" on the background and she just sits there like she is not bothered? T.T
> [{quoted}](name=Just Mo,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=um8cTKVF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T18:30:05.179+0000) > > true. there are "explosions" on the background and she just sits there like she is not bothered? T.T Just to give context, that's a Piltover bulldozer. ... In the teaser on the roadmap, you see a bunch of her people watching it in action. What you see is her, sassy af (as confirmed by Reav3) currently standing in front of the bulldozer after (what I'm she did) setting it up to explode. That's what I'm seeing. She is so angry yet unconcerned with the safety of what's destroying her home that she doesn't look back or act concerned in the slightest after destroying machinery.
: > [{quoted}](name=Valaran Nara,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-10T01:09:53.225+0000) > > Honestly, I see the treatment of mages like any other fantasy group that suffers oppression. It's only horrible when it's not your world. > > I can easily make a comparison to anything in real life, but that's typically how it goes. With that said, as long as you're not a mage, your life is perfectly okay as far as existing in a kingdom goes. Demacians actually have a great sense of togetherness. Their values are openly of family, honor, and law. > > You can tell by how Garen addresses non-lawful acts about him, the color story that showed a squad of Demacian soldiers escorting another kingdom's mage advisor. Hell, in that story, the soldiers tried to not have to fight their own citizens as well as keep the person who they would usually lock up or have a problem with safe. I know it had a woman as the point of view, but that legit doesn't take away from the fact (or honestly alter it in too intense of a way) the fact that Demacian's are honor bound and forthwith what they think is right. > > I mean, let's face it. The citizens didn't riot for the overall war. They did it cause one of their own was taken due to magic. When the woman who lost her child was calmed, everyone stopped and was called off. Cause it was the village who are together in unison. > > And in all honesty, if we compare this to, say...Noxus that a lot of people are starting to say is a better place to live in Demacia...I mean. It's only better if you're someone who doesn't sit around. I mean that as in, you need to be active and moving forward. If you are caught unable to swim, then you will drown. In Demacia, they will attempt to help you stay afloat if you follow customs. In Noxus, if you don't know how to swim, that's one less mouth to feed. > > Mages, are, for all intents and purposes, the quintessential oppressed minority. In happens in plenty of stories, but they usually come with some obvious "evil" that occurs everywhere. Demacia is just a place that exists in the world though. On top of that, the biggest Villain is also part of said group of mages. Yes, Sylas is justified in his feelings, but it takes a man who goes against what is usually considered "morally questionable or ill" to start a revolution via blood. Murder is always considered bad once the label is added. Sylas went through a shift. Yeah, he WAS a hero. Was someone that wanted good, but his ambitions became murky and dark. Worst part is, he exemplifies to the common Demacian why magic is so dangerous. > > And as a quote from Dragon Age 2 where the main kingdom has a VERY similar structure, "You push us to our limits, and once we break, you use them as an excuse to imprison us!" > > But hey. Their mages, if unchecked will get possessed by demons and go on slaughtering sprees. There are many mages that are doing good for the world, there are many mages who are fighting against the void to protect runeterra as we speak, so the demacian view of mages is hypocritical. Ryze, Zilean, Kassadin, all mages fighting to protect Runeterra on a daily basis, are they evil? Hell no.
> [{quoted}](name=JhonTeemon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-10T20:19:57.794+0000) > > There are many mages that are doing good for the world, there are many mages who are fighting against the void to protect runeterra as we speak, so the demacian view of mages is hypocritical. Ryze, Zilean, Kassadin, all mages fighting to protect Runeterra on a daily basis, are they evil? Hell no. How many of those mages live in Demacia? How many of those mages been to Demacia or openly present themselves to Demacia? The criminalization of mages is their attempt at quelling what they feel is a natural threat to them, for better or for worse. And with how Demacia runs, there is no oppurtunity for these example of "good heroic" mages. All they see are either evil ones, or ones that need to get registered, so they can make sure that they know where to look if things happen. It's an institutionalized set of beliefs and thinking to where, at least before Sylas (cause let's face it, Sylas made things WAY WORSE), it is more or less just "let's have this set up and regulated." It eventually evolved into worse cause mages got put under duress, and humans are still humans. It is way easier to sink into depravity than it is to keep high and moral. (i.e. why there's usually more villains than heroes in comics). The dark side of it isn't the imprisonment but rather what they do with them after they have them behind bars. But hey, with that being said, I best as well be talking about the atrocities of the Tuskegee Experiment or viewpoints of the left vs right. The main problem with Demacia that makes it dark is legitimately how it handles mages. It's a mighty fine place otherwise.
: You're actually right now that I think of it. I guess there's not really much for Riot to ruin with Shyvana as much as Kayle. I think I'm going to be less angry and more disappointed if they don't give her reasonable armor. Sad because we didn't get any improvements, but not angry because we didn't lose anything really. I think the thing with Kayle popped up in my brain because she and Shyvana are both Demacian Champions, and with Lux's and Tianna's character designs in the new comic... Let's just say I'm a little concerned with how generally armored women in Demacia are being designed at the moment... Shyvana having both scales and Demacian armor sounds SO COOL. I really do hope Riot does something cool with her!
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yJr7hWOo,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-10T04:34:17.558+0000) I don't remember who the writer was for the comic or whatnot is, but one of the Rioter's said that the reason Lux looks the way she does is purely for recognition. They also said that her appearance may vary as more stories are made. So right now, for Lux and her boob plate, let's look at it as a status symbol thing. King Henry had a codpiece in his suit of armor as it was to represent masculinity at the time. Same thing may be going on for Lux's armor in general which is why the boob plate is there. As for Tianna, she's not immediately fighting, and I feel like she's in a position where her current armor may not be properly fit for combat purely cause she has a more...background role. If she's geared up for an actual fight, her armor may appear different, I would hope. But until they decide to "suit up" before an actual fight, I'm going to assume a good number of armor pieces are for show.
Falrein (EUW)
: Oh don't get me wrong, it's fine if her outfit is light... But it looks just so... I don't know. The straps, and the huge gap between her boobs disturb me quite a lot. Especially the straps... Other than that, I think her outfit is okay. Not the best, but okay. Every time I look at her concept arts, where she's seen from the back, I always wonder "why didn't they just continue her outfit instead of cutting it to add straps?"
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KAJyw8TU,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-09T11:18:31.957+0000) > > Oh don't get me wrong, it's fine if her outfit is light... But it looks just so... I don't know. The straps, and the huge gap between her boobs disturb me quite a lot. Especially the straps... Other than that, I think her outfit is okay. Not the best, but okay. Every time I look at her concept arts, where she's seen from the back, I always wonder "why didn't they just continue her outfit instead of cutting it to add straps?" You know, what makes it hard ( at least for me) to have conversations about design conventions when it comes to some of the female characters is that, like...not everyone is modest. Like, you don't need every woman dressed up in thigh highs, valleys of cleavage or too little a skirt, but then you see the fashion trend of women now (mostly summerwear honestly cause of the heat), and then it gets to being common. Then you get to the fact that people will wear what they prefer. I'm a black man in a predominantly urban/hip-hop centric area. I will walk around with bright blue hair, striped shirt, chains connected to my wallet with spiked gloves and act like everything is normal. I know there is a limit, I just suck at human thoughts, and I can't properly rationalize or explain what that would be. And also, let's face it. When you are not held by the standard social conventions of your area, you will appear however you wish. Me with my very smurfy hair metal, and then Syndra who...honestly. I agree that it can add a bit more cloth, but. Honestly, if you refuse to be tied down and wish to be unbridled and free...you're going to show off. It's a natural human desire.
: It's absolutely disgusting people support Demacia
Honestly, I see the treatment of mages like any other fantasy group that suffers oppression. It's only horrible when it's not your world. I can easily make a comparison to anything in real life, but that's typically how it goes. With that said, as long as you're not a mage, your life is perfectly okay as far as existing in a kingdom goes. Demacians actually have a great sense of togetherness. Their values are openly of family, honor, and law. You can tell by how Garen addresses non-lawful acts about him, the color story that showed a squad of Demacian soldiers escorting another kingdom's mage advisor. Hell, in that story, the soldiers tried to not have to fight their own citizens as well as keep the person who they would usually lock up or have a problem with safe. I know it had a woman as the point of view, but that legit doesn't take away from the fact (or honestly alter it in too intense of a way) the fact that Demacian's are honor bound and forthwith what they think is right. I mean, let's face it. The citizens didn't riot for the overall war. They did it cause one of their own was taken due to magic. When the woman who lost her child was calmed, everyone stopped and was called off. Cause it was the village who are together in unison. And in all honesty, if we compare this to, say...Noxus that a lot of people are starting to say is a better place to live in Demacia...I mean. It's only better if you're someone who doesn't sit around. I mean that as in, you need to be active and moving forward. If you are caught unable to swim, then you will drown. In Demacia, they will attempt to help you stay afloat if you follow customs. In Noxus, if you don't know how to swim, that's one less mouth to feed. Mages, are, for all intents and purposes, the quintessential oppressed minority. In happens in plenty of stories, but they usually come with some obvious "evil" that occurs everywhere. Demacia is just a place that exists in the world though. On top of that, the biggest Villain is also part of said group of mages. Yes, Sylas is justified in his feelings, but it takes a man who goes against what is usually considered "morally questionable or ill" to start a revolution via blood. Murder is always considered bad once the label is added. Sylas went through a shift. Yeah, he WAS a hero. Was someone that wanted good, but his ambitions became murky and dark. Worst part is, he exemplifies to the common Demacian why magic is so dangerous. And as a quote from Dragon Age 2 where the main kingdom has a VERY similar structure, "You push us to our limits, and once we break, you use them as an excuse to imprison us!" But hey. Their mages, if unchecked will get possessed by demons and go on slaughtering sprees.
d00mface (EUW)
: The claps would have to be global sound effects as well. Striking fear into his enemies across the map.
> [{quoted}](name=d00mface,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fn5tUYE0,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-05-09T21:15:51.846+0000) > > The claps would have to be global sound effects as well. Striking fear into his enemies across the map. Please, by the gods no. Unless it's during his ult. I don't mind since he's so dummy thicc, but I rather it be limited to that small window and not 3 times every 5 seconds.
: > [{quoted}](name=Whyte Lyon,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dT40Kvdq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-09T00:57:10.530+0000) > > Yes it's still the same woman, who clearly hasn't aged over the last 18-20 years judging between the only two illustrations we have of her. As if there was something magical in what they eat everyday that kept her and Xin young looking for all this time {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Hextech OwI,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dT40Kvdq,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-09T16:56:43.532+0000) > > As if there was something magical in what they eat everyday that kept her and Xin young looking for all this time {{sticker:sg-lulu}} It's wine. My headcanon is that she's actually a mother to some horrible children, and teh only way for her to survive the headaches is via a specially ordered brand of wine. That, and she reads 50 to me. If for no other reason than the fact that her face reads weathered but refined to me. Don't know. It's like if a woman decided to get a face lift and a normal level of make up (minus the eye shadow). Don't know. I'm 26 and people still look at me like I'm 17, so I don't know what to tell you. XD
: Homerun Garen?
Ooh, I like this cause it gives him a sport skin that isn't Dunkmaster I don't have anything against DM, but the problem is there's just enough similarities between Garen and Darius that it will feel slightly redundant.
: Oof, I ended up going with Shyvana as well, even though Volibear probably needs it more than her. But I really do like her concept as a fire-breathing half-dragon who becomes a Demacian, so I really *really* want to see her at her full potential! But as soon as I put in my vote, I suddenly remembered what they did to Kayle... So now I'm really worried about Shyvana. Still excited, but also worried. I'm seriously hoping Riot learned something from that incident and doesn't make the same mistakes with Shyvana...
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=yJr7hWOo,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-09T18:09:47.365+0000) > > Oof, I ended up going with Shyvana as well, even though Volibear probably needs it more than her. But I really do like her concept as a fire-breathing half-dragon who becomes a Demacian, so I really *really* want to see her at her full potential! > > But as soon as I put in my vote, I suddenly remembered what they did to Kayle... So now I'm really worried about Shyvana. Still excited, but also worried. I'm seriously hoping Riot learned something from that incident and doesn't make the same mistakes with Shyvana... You know, since you mentioned Kayle, I'm honestly curious on Shyv. I haven't voted yet, and my vote would have went to either Volibear since his current IG presence is a blight and detriment to his lore Or Fiddlesticks. Cause in a toss up between Mundo and Fiddle, I say Fiddle is worse. With that being said, I don't know how they would fuck up her armor. Like, main problem with Kayle was that she got too form fitting with the armor. Her scales are already the armor, and in so many ways, if you don't see Shyv as somewhat sexualized, it may be from the apparent personality in her splash and just..."we got use to it?" With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they give her actual clothes this time around with armor that isn't her scales. Hell, what if the Demacian Armor and her Dragon scales were somewhat merged or mottled together specially made for her. And when she transforms, you see the armor pop off and go flying. Or, it would form with her body cause...magic! No idea.
: Don't try to reason with the people on this board. It is only okay for popular champions to get double skins or appear over and over again for major skinlines. At this rate we will never get our Popstar Ionian Boyband with Popstar Zed, Kayn, Jhin and Shen. If we ever get a male popstar group they're probably going to stick f****ing Ezreal in it AGAIN AHAHAHA.
> [{quoted}](name=Shinji lkari,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=zPaNKLXn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-02T02:57:40.083+0000) > > Don't try to reason with the people on this board. It is only okay for popular champions to get double skins or appear over and over again for major skinlines. At this rate we will never get our Popstar Ionian Boyband with Popstar Zed, Kayn, Jhin and Shen. If we ever get a male popstar group they're probably going to stick f****ing Ezreal in it AGAIN AHAHAHA. Want to know what makes it more upsetting? If we go by "what fits", and ignore both money and the rules of popularity. Ezreal would still naturally fit. that's not even money talking. He has cocky pretty boy, so unless Rito legit says "Pick anything BUT Ezreal" than Ez will be there. Most people can't even argue against a "Popstar" Ezreal other than saying "Ezreal has enough skins."
: As much as i love poppy, pretty sure poppy has gotten people killed from her trying to see if they are the hero. But that was a long time ago so maybe it got changed
> [{quoted}](name=ninjaroxas,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NxMAEYyK,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-04-26T20:23:34.447+0000) > > As much as i love poppy, pretty sure poppy has gotten people killed from her trying to see if they are the hero. But that was a long time ago so maybe it got changed Honestly, I don't think Poppy killed anyone with the hammer. If we blame her for anything, it's for her standing back to watch them get yeeted by a giant rock monster. Dude in the comic was already playing hero and guiding everyone to safety. He was already demanding weapons trying to fight it. Poppy could have legit not handed him the hammer, and the same result would occur. The self doubt about failing at finding the hero stems from the fact that each time a guy gets into a position like that, she assumes they'll succeed when in actuality they will have a hero's death. Then Poppy comes in for clean up. So yeah. The hammer didn't kill them, and Poppy didn't end their lives by handing them the hammer. If she's at fault, it's because she's so busy finding the hero, that she doesn't save the poor sod that's way over his head. At which point, once again, she didn't kill him. She just didn't save him.
: My Hopes for Yuumi
You know, everyone is pissed at Neeko for causing that whole entire place to go crazy, but the thing to remember is this: Neeko has no ill-intentions, no murderous lust, nor anything out of the sort. The tragedy that happened around her with the base is colored by our morality of what happened to Noxian humans. First of all, I want to make it clear that I get that everyone don't want that random darkness to occur near something purely good. I understand, it happens. With the base, Neeko did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG. She was literally just present. I mean, guys. I know we don't like roaches or spiders, but guess how humans react when that one random insect appears in the middle of the room? Or that bee that flies into the schoolbus. You're going to have a huge panic of people. Someone might jump and try to get away from the bee and accidentally kick that person in the face. Another might get shoved and bumped into a wall or whatnot. After all is said and done on that bus, are you really going to say "THAT BEE IS THE REASON SHE GOT KICKED IN THE FACE!" "THAT BEE IS THE REASON THAT WOMAN HAS A BRUISE ON HER SHOULDER." Wrong. The bee's presence was just a catalyst. What happened next was VERY HUMAN response to the unknown. Neeko was legit a bee that wandered onto the bus. Also, bonus points if it was a small car, and the little kid freaked out so much, dad has to look back, yell at him, and hit a truck. Don't know man. Some people might blame the kid. Kid most likely will hate bees for the rest of his life. I just know if the story revolved around a lost bee flying from place to place getting to its hive, I am sure everyone will get pissed about the darkness that occurred cause humans spazzed at something they didn't like.
: No. Yuumi's VA is Cassandra Lee Morris, who also voices Nami, Morgana from Persona 5, and Kyubey from the English dub of Madoka Magica. Zoe's VA is Erica Lindbeck, who also voices Taliyah and *our* Morgana.
> [{quoted}](name=KestrelGirl,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dgO7URF5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-29T16:33:18.983+0000) > > No. Yuumi's VA is Cassandra Lee Morris, who also voices Nami, Morgana from Persona 5, and Kyubey from the English dub of Madoka Magica. > > Zoe's VA is Erica Lindbeck, who also voices Taliyah and *our* Morgana. So, as far as league is concerned, I guess you can say she's a...CAT-FISH! :D Okay, I'll find my way out now.
: My Thoughts On Yuumi As An Enchanter Main
I know this has nothing to do with gameplay, since I saw you argue it has nothing to do with it, but I see that based how the gameplay works, her character niche is..."The Pet" By that, I mean that she acts like Janna's bird Zephyr or Lulu's Pix. While she does have Book which would easily be her companion, she technically operates as the ADC's familiar/pet/companion in lane. The main draw back on diversity is the fact that Yuumi is female. I can't argue that, but I do think that with her tether mechanic and her being a cat definitely lends herself to acting like a "pet". You know what I mean? Or...did I fall off?
CatSith (NA)
: Yuumi Teaser Trailer @1:35 Is that Yuumi's Master's Grave? :*(
That kind of looks like the "tether champ" Seeing how she's bonded to Trist's back with that attack.
Zoli Ben (EUNE)
: Chose a VGU for 2020
My vote goes to Volibear. {{champion:106}} While visually he doesn't seem the most outdated, the problem with him is lore vs. game depiction. By that, I mean the Thousand-Pierced Bear in lore most likely looks VASTLY different than our Golden Compass https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/mcdgoco_ec024.jpg I'm just saying that, at least for some of the others, they don't have a dissonance where the current model fully betrays what their lore selves are. I do think Udyr is 1 of the more deserving as well as Mundo, but neither of their models betray their story. Volibear does.
Falrein (EUW)
: This is so sad. #ATacoForMorde
> [{quoted}](name=Falrein,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FE25Ui5t,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-25T16:23:39.132+0000) > > This is so sad. #ATacoForMorde Truly, it is. Alexa, play Despacito.
: It's like you missed people saying if he was a basketball player he wouldn't be the player whose dunking but the one who helps fend off the enemy team so the actual Dunk master (Darius) can score. I hate basketball with a passion so I don't know nor care to google the position name that's better suited for Ivern but yea... What you are trying to say about the community is actually a comment towards Riot - if they were doing sports theme skins they could at least have them make sense. Also Ivern isn't your typical basketball player, he's more like that tall nerdy kid in school who gets forced to play basketball and isn't actually half bad because of his height.
> [{quoted}](name=Jackin ur lawn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pRmyApUu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T13:24:21.168+0000) > > Also Ivern isn't your typical basketball player, he's more like that tall nerdy kid in school who gets forced to play basketball and isn't actually half bad because of his height. He's more of a 50s or 60s B-ball players. The ones that were recorded in black and white. They're usually less muscular, lanky, and when you really compare them to modern players, are not that great. The way his uniform is is actually more akin to that era than as of now, honestly. Doubt you care, but I find it funny cause it makes sense how he missed that shot.
: You know, with the latest Ivern skin revealed, I can't help but show sympathy to his mains
The only thing I really like about this Ivern skin is that they chose the "Legacy" players. They chose to make him the "pre-integration" generation of B-ballers where if you compare them to most if not any of the players now, they would all be considered trash. Like, if you watch the players in the 60s and compare it to players now, it's not even ruleset that should be considered. It's a whole different style and level of aggression. I'm not even into basketball, and the fact Ivern missed made perfect sense for the era reference it was making.
: [Skin idea] Star Guardians Morgana & Kayle
So, one: There was a leak mentioning a "Dark Star Guardian" skinline in contrast with Regular Star Guardians featuring a DSG Syndra (in SG lore, she was very...untrustworthy) Also, this just reminded me of "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" which is an anime that makes fun of Western Cartoons (watch it for no other reason than all the pop culture references and to inevitably realize every cussword spoken is now just random sound effects in the background) Oh, and before I forget, that art is beautiful. My only critique is that, unfortunately, I can't see Morg like that properly Not because she's evil, but because she is "fallen". I can tell you put detail and thought cause Kayle is floating, and Morg is obviously using her feet, but there is no contrast otherwise. I'm thinking that you give Morg some dark colors which naturally contrast Kayle. I see a bit of purple on her corset, but that should honestly go for the wings or just overall any piece of white that you have on the piece. Think of it like how for Xayah and Rakan, Xayah has dark colors while Rakan has a brighter contrast. Any new skins they get together will definitely play a "compare contrast" imagery, but this doesn't have that. It's the same visual aesthetic theme that doesn't tone shift for the individual. Once again, the only contrast there is Kayle floating and Morg standing.
: Imma poke some fun just for keks, noh8 > [{quoted}](name=Valaran Nara,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iNfsAyFA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-28T18:43:56.785+0000) > > I only ever touched Poppy once before her rework. I barely played her (despite being first bought champ at 450 cause I didn't know). > > After her rework, I better understood how to play (and she was busted on release. We all know this). > still kinda is >.> > What I loved most was honestly the comic. Her visuals are cute. Her personality is aloof, but the comic somehow struck a chord with me that drove my obsession. > > She is determined. She is persistant. She is an overall good person who wants to do what is right. > Isn't she a serial killer who tricks selfless heroes into grabbing a cursed object which kills them? (SKIN IDEA! RITO!!!) > She has a mission, but often feels like she isn't worthy to fulfill it. She is in search of a hero who may actually be herself, but she refuses to believe it. > Or can't figure it out, she can't even remember a simple"Walk into a bar" joke > Whether it's out of delusion, humility, or an in-bred sense of doubt and sense of self, she still at least tries. > > And also, even though she was griping and started losing sight of her drive and purpose, she still had to save the people. Because SOMEBODY had to do it. Period. > ___ > And yet she'll let a villain go retrieve their brave pants > Oh, also I like Rakan. Poppy is my idealized thoughts when I was in highschool and shit, but Rakan. > > He's me. Loud. Flighty. Easily distracted. High-energy. Will have very brief moments of being very romantic. "CHOCOLATE! We're eating chocolate!" > > Poppy is my ideal. Rakan is literally just me. (I had 5 people say we're the same, so I'm not even projecting that hard.) But I associate Rakan with Timon from the lion king Are you Timon? Can there be a Timon and Puma skin for xayah and Rakan? I wanna see Pig xayah
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=iNfsAyFA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-28T18:48:01.291+0000) > still kinda is >.> I don't blame you. > Isn't she a serial killer who tricks selfless heroes into grabbing a cursed object which kills them? (SKIN IDEA! RITO!!!) Given the situation, it's possible each "hero" is someone who will probably get killed anyways, and she just happen to toss the hammer to him. He probably would havedied irregardless of her intervention > Or can't figure it out, she can't even remember a simple"Walk into a bar" joke I have ADHD. SON I SYMPATHIZE ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL! > And yet she'll let a villain go retrieve their brave pants Heroes need quips. > But I associate Rakan with Timon from the lion king > > Are you Timon? > > Can there be a Timon and Puma skin for xayah and Rakan? I wanna see Pig xayah Dude, YES!
: Why Do You Play A Champion?
I only ever touched Poppy once before her rework. I barely played her (despite being first bought champ at 450 cause I didn't know). After her rework, I better understood how to play (and she was busted on release. We all know this). What I loved most was honestly the comic. Her visuals are cute. Her personality is aloof, but the comic somehow struck a chord with me that drove my obsession. She is determined. She is persistant. She is an overall good person who wants to do what is right. She has a mission, but often feels like she isn't worthy to fulfill it. She is in search of a hero who may actually be herself, but she refuses to believe it. Whether it's out of delusion, humility, or an in-bred sense of doubt and sense of self, she still at least tries. And also, even though she was griping and started losing sight of her drive and purpose, she still had to save the people. Because SOMEBODY had to do it. Period. ___ Oh, also I like Rakan. Poppy is my idealized thoughts when I was in highschool and shit, but Rakan. He's me. Loud. Flighty. Easily distracted. High-energy. Will have very brief moments of being very romantic. "CHOCOLATE! We're eating chocolate!" Poppy is my ideal. Rakan is literally just me. (I had 5 people say we're the same, so I'm not even projecting that hard.)
Ralanr (NA)
: I would like to talk about the new perceived morality of Kayle and Morgana (Morg too good).
With what is happening in Demacia... Where do you think they will fall? Morgana is no longer just rebellion, so it's not like she'll immediately side with Sylas. What's also funny is, if Kayle is aligned with Demacian standards with what's going on...Sylas will be punished. Morgana, on the otherhand would try to reason with Sylas cause of the pain he felt. The fear, all of it. But...would she actually agree? Or would she just sympathize but still seek for him to stop? Both Kayle and Morgana has lines for Sylas and they appear to be in agreement that he is wrong in some manner, but while Kayle would baptize him, Morg may just try to convince him otherwise which...honestly will fail. Sylas is so far at the moment that he will refuse Morgana and try to use her magic to further his gain. **Note: I think Sylas is one of those people where his morality got grayed super hard by the Recruit story he had. Everyone says Demacia is evil now but kind of ignored the fact that the one guy who seems good now in contrast...dismissed and emotionally disowned a child of his kind (mage) cause he won't kill. And the moment the child did kill (even though the noble seems bigotted enough), Sylas praised the murder and was overjoyed with the killing. It wasn't a "This...is a heavy toll that must be done. One noble at a time." No. It was full on "REVENGE! YES! THEY WILL PAY FOR THEIR TREATMENT OF ME AND THE REST!" Even though he spoke to the kid as if that's the case, Sylas's inner joy spoke...differently.
IVIoon (NA)
: Opinion: We should have the option to hide exact champ mastery in the loading screen.
Wrong forum. Mate. Wrong forum, but I agree with you. I am not that high as I only have roughly 400k mastery, but I am one of those people who check the points to figure out who I might be able to rely on or judge what would be an easier fight. At the very least, it'll keep people from seeing...a 721 mastery point ally and abandoning them. A 1.5 mil ally and put all carry responsibility on them (I'm Poppy, how am I suppose to be the main carry?) A 1.5 enemy and say "We need to snuff them now Or a 721 enemy and go "Lol, stomp the guy and take the turret now". Unless it's meant to be part of "pre-game planning" I think it should be optional.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4uk0PJml,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T21:52:22.442+0000) > > Do we have access to her VO yet or are you just referring to the teaser? why would the teaser not be her VO? come on dude.
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=4uk0PJml,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-19T22:00:29.524+0000) > > why would the teaser not be her VO? come on dude. He means the VO video not a snippet of potentially immature bickering between two sisters. Example: Galio and Aatrox have a good number of lines that show some sort of joke or immaturity. They also have a good number of lines that shows deep contemplative thought and seriousness. Neither of those deeper voice lines are things people immediately respond to since they look for the bad before the good (most the time) So yeah. he's asking for VO video not trailer.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0IEctYqf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T20:04:40.698+0000) > > As we've said many times - "good" and "evil" are relative, and we're not aiming for such 2-dimensional tropes anymore. You still NEED two dimensional tropes as frames of reference for your world. That's where the narrative has been falling short. Someone like Lissandra? She should have been left two dimensionally evil, like she's always been. Someone like Kalista? She works being ambiguous and sympathetic to a degree. The only instances you have of two dimensionally evil characters are characters with beastly urges like the demons and the void. You've written away all of your characters who are sadistically evil because they CHOOSE to be. The reverse also holds true. You've smeared all of your good characters with horrible personality flaws, given nearly all of the cheery characters dark blots on their past. There are no more pure good characters in this game. To understand the gray characters in the game, WE NEED two dimensional trope characters. We need the light and the dark to compare the grays to, to get a better scope of their personalities. We need characters we love to hate because they're that horrible, and we need characters with no redeeming qualities. In that same vein, we need Mary Sues, and characters who have nothing but great qualities, so we can love them, and so they can be pure points of hope and light for the world. But filling the world with gray characters just fills it with mediocrity. Even major stories like Harry Potter have characters that operate the pure ends of the spectrum - Bellatrix LeStrange is about as heartless and irredeemable as they come, and a lot of people hate her, but a lot of people also love how fucking evil she is. On the flip side, we have characters like Professor McGonogall, who are steadfast forces of good, and do all in their power to mold Harry and his friends into good people. I can't think of any bad quality about her, and it makes her a much beloved character in her own right, despite being fairly one dimensional. You can write characters at both ends and still have them be entertaining characters, but you're hung up so very much on exterminating the extremes altogether. Don't do this. You have a really prime opportunity coming up with Mordekaiser, and I hope for the love of everything he's as irredeemably evil as he has been. _I don't want to feel sympathy, pity, or any warm feelings at all for Mordekaiser at any part of his life._ I want to hate him for being a wicked person. I want to love him for being consumed by evil and cruelty. That's what makes villains so fun - their wickedness, not the fact that you relate to them. So keep this in mind going forward. Keep the two dimensional extremes, even make a few. The story needs them, so don't erase or ignore them.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0IEctYqf,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2019-02-19T20:33:29.502+0000) > You know, when it comes to Mordekaiser, when they say "Not aiming for the tropes" what I'm thinking isn't that they WON'T make him evil or they are going to make him sympathetic or what not. I truly believe he will be some sort of psychotic and probably bad news as a human being from the offset. I think it'll be more in line with any form of "charisma" he may have when it comes to intimidation or how he made things occur. With that being said, I think they'll look at it more as "Is he a Hero? or a villain?" When creating a character to roleplay or what have you, you need to ask yourself "Is he a hero? Yes or no?" The hero will go out of their way to help someone or take on a challenge because someone is indanger or theirs a cause. If you are not a hero, you act for your own sake. Whether you do good or not is irrelevant as the first question to figure out is, "If there's a quest giver begging for help. Will your character seek to help them, ignore them, or take advantage?" The hero will help. The others will do either two, and I'm damned sure Mordo will do the latter.
: Ok, then why **once again** the angelic figure gets dehumanized and goes into a zealous rampage while the "dark character" gets to be the more human like again? You did good on 2 dimensional stuff with Kayle making her just a zealot. I'm pretty tired of these "it's relative" answer because it approaches only half of the issue. You guys are making the hard work to make even Darkin relatable while making any "holy" figure detached by anything human-like and what is usually defined as good morals in order to turn them into zealous rampaging fire breathers that want to eradicate the mortals because they are impure. Edit: I wanted to add a good example of Riot writing that offers non 2-dimentional characters who actually offer a relative look on good and evil: Jayce and Viktor. Those 2 are well done because have fallacies and virtues that create a good contrast without making one of them entirely a good/bad guy. This means that you are able to do it, it just looks like you **don't want** to do it when certain factions/creatures are involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0IEctYqf,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-19T20:14:00.673+0000) > > Ok, then why **once again** the angelic figure gets dehumanized and goes into a zealous rampage while the "dark character" gets to be the more human like again? You did good on 2 dimensional stuff with Kayle making her just a zealot. The thing is, light can be blinding, and Kayle took her "justice" to an extreme measure. Not only that, but the one thing to keep in mind was that angels were never "human" to begin with as they always had an air of distance. And if you think about the light and dark when it comes to humanity, I want you to really take a moment and look at where we are on the spectrum as a race. if a being of darkness and a being of light approaches, we all know what we SHOULD theoretically say. "The light." But when it comes to people in emotional turmoil, angsty teenagers, or any random sarcastic internet troll will tell you: "We gravitate towards the dark." So for "The Light" to be the super good in our minds, the dark would have to be stereotypical evil damnation. And Netflix still have to tell people that TED BUNDY IS NOT A SEXUAL ICON! He's a serial killer. ___ That, and if you want to wash any of that away, we can always look at it as an "Era of Times." If you think about comics in the 50s, it was so black and white with "Good is Good" and "Evil is Evil" that there is no confusion. For this era of writing, it's possible that this writing isn't actually "better" but more servicable of the collective consciousness of morality and what is considered good or evil. Or simply "good writing vs bad writing." Afterall, we still have people who hates anything with super heroes cussing, even if it would have made sense for their personality. We all know how much a person can swear in a typical day let alone hour long conversation. Just one swear word, and hell breaks loose.
: I'd actually be okay with this. Looks way, WAY better than what is currently set to ship.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5I9pbavB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-19T07:53:09.914+0000) > > I'd actually be okay with this. > > Looks way, WAY better than what is currently set to ship. What sucks is the reason for the purple is honestly to be a contrast to Morganna who has gold as trimming for her. Cause let's face it, if we set those two side by side and actually look for "compare contrast", wings, skin tone, primary color, and trim all seem to align with it. And that's not even getting into anything else like their lines or actual movements. But still. once again, red visually is more appealing.
Kelg (NA)
: these obviously arent the splashes come on guys
> [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oqqEH0Hv,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-02-18T19:09:52.597+0000) > > these obviously arent the splashes come on guys I believe it is a shared splash (like Xayah Rakan) and when they do "individual splash" it'll obviously be cut down the middle to show the individual champions.
Jikker (NA)
: I hope that they explain in lore because it doesn't seem like she's a "fallen" angel anymore -- two sisters from the aspect of justice that only the guilty have to fear. That seems a bit weird like they're almost the same goal but different methods. If she did lose her "upper" wings, I want that explanation otherwise it seems a weird/poor design choice.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=a8mEAw3A,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-18T17:53:50.353+0000) > > I hope that they explain in lore because it doesn't seem like she's a "fallen" angel anymore -- two sisters from the aspect of justice that only the guilty have to fear. That seems a bit weird like they're almost the same goal but different methods. If she did lose her "upper" wings, I want that explanation otherwise it seems a weird/poor design choice. Well, there's the idea that if both of them are "Lawful" one is Lawful good and the other Lawful evil Other than that, The heavenly one has wings on her upper half (shoulders). The terrestrial one has wings on her lower half (hips) It might be poor execution to some, but I believe it's a contrast of appearances as they do need to have a different "silhouettes" And while their silhouettes wouldn't be 100% the same, it would be awfully similar for two to come out at the same times with that similar of a shadow.
zaire90 (NA)
: Which stories showed Sylas and Illaoi before they appeared in game cause i dont know which stories mentioned them before they were revealed. And to clarify do you mean they were mentioned in other peoples stories before they were announced as champions or they got little short stories as teasers before they were revealed
> [{quoted}](name=zaire90,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eXsNATh7,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-03T08:52:14.121+0000) > > Which stories showed Sylas and Illaoi before they appeared in game cause i dont know which stories mentioned them before they were revealed. And to clarify do you mean they were mentioned in other peoples stories before they were announced as champions or they got little short stories as teasers before they were revealed Demacian Heart is Sylas. Illaoi had one of those "spoilers" or leaks about her before she was able to do her "story" appearance. That should be during the Burning Tides event. It's the second part during the Harrowing. Before she was revealed as the champion, she was just a priestess with a bunch of followers about her. Also, her and GP use to have sexy times together.
: > [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=OnFA28Nc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-24T23:07:46.545+0000) > > And then you remember that he's playing Ezreal support Or Pyke or Sona or Taric or Lulu or... Let's just say it's a Rakan or something.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=OnFA28Nc,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-24T23:38:39.054+0000) > > Or Pyke or Sona or Taric or Lulu or... > > Let's just say it's a Rakan or something. *cries in OTP*{{champion:497}}
ChunLii (NA)
: You mean the taric who let his squad get devoured by Void monsters because he was too busy looking at the beauty of caves instead of keeping watch? He indirectly killed his squad he was suppose to be leader of and this was after so many other transgression where he kept getting demoted by given another chance
> [{quoted}](name=Motonari Mori,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=HNAVlAAE,comment-id=0005000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-29T04:46:05.057+0000) > > You mean the taric who let his squad get devoured by Void monsters because he was too busy looking at the beauty of caves instead of keeping watch? He indirectly killed his squad he was suppose to be leader of and this was after so many other transgression where he kept getting demoted by given another chance Honestly, as "dickish" as the punishment is. I consider "exile" to be a mercy since the only other reasonable choice for such transgressions is just to execute him or hold him prisoner indefinitely. XD At least exile means 'live a life somewhere else"
  Rioter Comments
: Wait correct me if I’m wrong because I’m confused what you’re trying to say- but are you saying that Riot shouldn’t give her a girlfriend because then straight guys can’t fantasize about being with her? Because a single line about her having a girl friend back home isn’t in your face or SJW or anything. I mean Xayah/Rakan’s entire character is the girlfriend/boyfriend champions but I never see people say that’s too in anyone’s fave.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=0006000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-22T23:08:18.433+0000) > > Wait correct me if I’m wrong because I’m confused what you’re trying to say- but are you saying that Riot shouldn’t give her a girlfriend because then straight guys can’t fantasize about being with her? Because a single line about her having a girl friend back home isn’t in your face or SJW or anything. I mean Xayah/Rakan’s entire character is the girlfriend/boyfriend champions but I never see people say that’s too in anyone’s fave. 1.) You're wrong 2.) Plenty of people have problems with Xayah and Rakan's PDA 3.) I don't give a damn about straight male fantasies. There's a difference between "I'm gay" and "I AM GAY". The difference is that one just notes it as a fact. The other will throw it in everybody's face cause that is how they are. The best non-sexual example I can make is a Liberal vs. Conservative. There's a difference between "Yeah. I think women should be allowed to make their own choices and whatnot" vs... "FUCK YOU FOR THINKING YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND THEY CAN ABORT IF THEY CHOOSE!" One is calm about it. The other is so huge that it blares at to the point of being obnoxious. Neeko is not obnoxious. Neeko is good. I like Neeko.
: > [{quoted}](name=Morîarty ,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=y43seMpE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:25:13.813+0000) > > Unless I've been interpreting his lines and some of those outfits wrong.... What about his lines or outfits mean he must be gay? Before you answer, note that not every man who takes care of his appearance is gay. Also note that Taric's obsession with beauty is due to Riot taking the "Taric long hair so beautiful" meme, amplifying it, and rolling it into the official lore with the rework. Because that's so much more interesting than a gem knight (from a land so distant that no one in Runeterra even knew about gem magic) being mysteriously transported to Runeterra. Oh, and the "Protector" used to have a _shield_.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=y43seMpE,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-20T18:08:38.516+0000) > > What about his lines or outfits mean he must be gay? Before you answer, note that not every man who takes care of his appearance is gay. Also note that Taric's obsession with beauty is due to Riot taking the "Taric long hair so beautiful" meme, amplifying it, and rolling it into the official lore with the rework. Because that's so much more interesting than a gem knight (from a land so distant that no one in Runeterra even knew about gem magic) being mysteriously transported to Runeterra. Oh, and the "Protector" used to have a _shield_. Want to know something funnier. As a guy who has a MALE friend that worked as a stripper. He can confirm that even though they dance for women round the clock at the club, a good 3/4 of the male workers are gay. They act overly masculine, saddle up on the female clientelle and do the usual "work". But at the end when it's time to go they, "Flame on" and it's as if they weren't just eating some fish taco less than 5 minutes ago. Appearance isn't everything.
: What do you mean by non mentally? Do you mean the players sexualities her or the character herself? I’m pretty sure could get sexualized without being confirmed a lesbian so I’m confused. Oh I didn’t mean I wanted Riot to turn her into THE LESBIAN. I just meant a single line her lore of having a girl friend or something like that would be nice.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=00060000000000020000,timestamp=2018-11-20T15:35:55.525+0000) > > What do you mean by non mentally? Do you mean the players sexualities her or the character herself? I’m pretty sure could get sexualized without being confirmed a lesbian so I’m confused. > > Oh I didn’t mean I wanted Riot to turn her into THE LESBIAN. I just meant a single line her lore of having a girl friend or something like that would be nice. I guess the best example I can give would be Miss Fortune lore wise. You know how her being the ditzy babe is part of a ruse she does? Imagine that being her official mindset where everything in her head is a pick up line or mentally leads to a specific direction. Yeah, it's just a performance to trick people and get waht she wants, but if the brain only cares about what it is sexually, you get people that only care about that end of their identity. For straight people (typically male) it's an inscrupulous self-indulged need to flirt and see how far they can get with a female as if that is all that matters. And when it comes to gay guys (I am talking from the perspective of a metro-sexual who befriended a 18 yr old homosexual coworker), if they identity is based purely around them being gay (cause their is a difference between "I'm gay" and "I *AM* gay". But yeah. A single line or subtle nod, even if you can tell by typical demeanor or responses like she does now is fine. And I feel that due to how volatile people like to get with "SJW" and things of that nature, literally tacking on the matter of fact tone of, "Well, yeah, duh," is way better than saying straight out, "She has a girlfriend" or "shuns men" in an overt text. Mostly for a champion. For minor characters like the boy Janna comforted or the War Mason(whose name I can never remember), it works more easily cause it never registers as "in your face" since the character in an of itself isn't the whole product. Neeko is the whole product. Do...you get what I mean? I am not the best at being "concise"
: > [{quoted}](name=100greenmen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-20T04:32:07.148+0000) > > Well, I understand most of this, however, my concerns were purely with the way it was done. As I think if it were done improperly, it could reflect poorly on the communities that do value representation. And I'd argue that most depictions of queer characters are not portrayed in a negative light so much as they used to be. I know you're well meaning but please don't use queer as an umbrella term. It's a slur that's still being used violently today and it's reclamation is deeply personal and can only be done on an individual level, not as a group. Using it as an umbrella term makes assumptions about people's reclamation and often forces a slur on those who don't want it. For reference, I'm both bi and trans and am deeply uncomfortable with being called that, especially as an umbrella term because I know plenty of others who share my sentiments. As for Neeko, her being confirmed is great. The only way this could have been done better is if the announcement was more public instead of a tweet that would have gone completely unnoticed if others didn't share it. EDIT SAW HER WONDERFUL VOICE LINES ALL SHE NEEDS IS A CONFIRMED GF Also while a discussion is well meaning, more often than not, wording it like that often ends up with a bunch of non LGBT people saying that confirming her identity is "unnecessary" and an annoyance that takes away from her character. Which is super disheartening, especially considering these same people don't say these same things when predatory caricatures are confirmed to be LGBT. Discussion can be good but it's difficult to have when instead of discussing how to improve it people often use the topic to discuss how to take it away.
> [{quoted}](name=MegaLobunny,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=M9Hdli4z,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T04:50:57.662+0000) > > As for Neeko, her being confirmed is great. The only way this could have been done better is if the announcement was more public instead of a tweet that would have gone completely unnoticed if others didn't share it. EDIT SAW HER WONDERFUL VOICE LINES ALL SHE NEEDS IS A CONFIRMED GF I personally think that it being tossed in a psuedo callous or "oh and fyi, I guess" is probably better overall. The reason why is that it was stated like a random tidbit someone would say to redirect someone or just randomly mention. If Rito openly said in forum with her description as such, then she would be advertised as THE LESBIAN which would make the sexuality of a non-mentally hypersexualized character...well, yeah. I think the way it was mentioned helped keep it from inciting a knee-jerk response. And when it comes to the internet, a knee-jerk response will decide the overall tone more than one that has been properly discerned from observation for a good long while.
: Can we just take a moment and appreciate these incredible skins
Honestly, it would be interesting if Elderwood had interactions with Coven as I can see this being the darker side of the fantasy.
Ahrinn (NA)
: Apparent "leaks" about Riot's upcoming plans for champs and skins
What I don't like is just HOW MANY PEOPLE are in that "Insurgents" skin line. That is WAY too many to drop at once. Especially for one skinline. I can see 4-5 skins, sure but not 6-10
: I was genuinely worried you'd make Veigar edgy, like what happened to Zac
Honestly, edgy is what you make of it. If his parents were alive, then "YAY! NONE EDGINESS!" Congrats. His parents will be under siege every Saturday morning cause a certain Chem-baron knows they still live in Zaun. Why don't they just leave Zaun!?!?!? Then, Zac...won't be in Zaun. And now people will be like "Wait, why are you taking Zac out of Zaun?" But...the parents just letting this happen would be...bad writing. Killing his parents suck ass, sure but...they were a legitimate loose end that had their own dillemas that wouldn't be easily solved by just saying, "Do whatever you want kid." Cause, unlike Ekko, they weren't absentee parents.
: K/DA Ahri Should Have Been For Another Champion
K/DA has a song called "Oh My God" and it features Ahri. So what we have in Odyssey canon (because it is the Odyssey universe that shows Kayne's favorite song being OMG) is that Ahri is a pop star, and she decided to make a guess appearance and feature in another group's song. So, at the very least, they have a "story"-esque explanation on why Ahri got two skins that is centered around music (I say music and not popstar cause both skins have two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TONES)
: I think this is a hint to a K/DA album
Oh, and best part is, it seems like Ahri may actually still be "popstar" but has a guest appearance and is only in that skin to match the music video.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Does anyone expect dramatic changes for Morgana's dress?
I find dresses hit or miss. Sometimes the difference in a dress being over-sexualized vs classy is all the body type. Some people will look at a petite female in a dress and say it's classy. Find a woman with more curvature in the same dress and design, and all of a sudden she's a harlot. Just saying. Regardless of Morgana's body type, I say to make sure that the dress isn't something that's slim fit. I rather not hear people complaining about OS as if they aren't demeaning the damned champ themselves. Who here remember the fiasco that took place cause someone's jimmies got rustled at the fact that Kayle's "new" splash art was her descending with a bottom-up perspective.
: Why didn't Jax get physically or mentally affected by the literal void opening in Icathia?
Odd. I thought Jax had slight amnesia. Like, poor memory. I might have to reread it again, but Jax was challenging Demacians upon a bridge to fight a threat, but he could barely remember or recognize himself. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Parznip (NA)
: Meme
A better delivery would be "When you see enemy pick Kai'sa"
: I don't know if this is true, but I heard that Riot based this skinline on a K-pop group. A member of that group chose Ahri or something. I assume the same applies to the other champs. Of course, I could be wrong though. But it's the only reason that makes sense & prevents the existence of this from being baffling as shit. Don't get me wrong, it's still baffling to a degree. This is essential Pop star Ahri 2.0.
> [{quoted}](name=N1C Jeddy017,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wyNVfdgw,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-10T00:15:37.982+0000) > > I don't know if this is true, but I heard that Riot based this skinline on a K-pop group. A member of that group chose Ahri or something. I assume the same applies to the other champs. > > Of course, I could be wrong though. But it's the only reason that makes sense & prevents the existence of this from being baffling as shit. > Don't get me wrong, it's still baffling to a degree. This is essential Pop star Ahri 2.0. 1.) It is True 2.) There are 2 problems with the skin that makes people freak 2a.) It is Ahri (AUGH! Ahri got another skin!) 2b.) Oh! It's a pop star! She already has one! I know I sound condenscending, but I just want to get the ground of my perspective. When it comes to visual looks, K/DA and Popstar Ahri look different enough where, if it wasn't for the fact that we knew that one is "K-pop" and the other was based SPECIFICALLY off a real life K-pop group, we could have easily have seen it as "One is the 80s and 1 is from 2010". You know. It's a musical genre difference. Would I get K/DA Ahri? No. Why? Cause I don't buy Ahri skins; however, I don't think the skin choice is bad. Especially since it's not based off the same "tone". Everyone is saying "it's popstar" yeah, great. But Popstar is upbeat like Taylor Swift's "Shake it off" while K/DA looks like she's about to do the Korean version of Beyonce's "Formation" Also, if you don't know either of those songs then, let me think maybe old school Fall Out Boy / Panic at the Disco being compared to Slipknot? They're both rockbands, but...
: Dragon Trainer Kled: Kled is the Crazed Dragon atop a cowardly yordle. Let's argue
> [{quoted}](name=Ebonmaw Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ExtRBs8c,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-27T20:32:52.229+0000) > > Dragon Trainer Kled: > > Kled is the Crazed Dragon atop a cowardly yordle. > > Let's argue I see no fault in your logic. Long live the Terror of Zaun! Rider of Yordles
Sukishoo (NA)
: But that's not the point. The point is if it's stilled called popstar then she will have two skins with the same name and same theme
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=mwRPhbVf,comment-id=0004000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-27T17:30:16.069+0000) > > But that's not the point. The point is if it's stilled called popstar then she will have two skins with the same name and same theme She's a pop star. Who is to say she didn't leave one group for another and rebranded herself from kawaii heart throb to femme fatale badass? Like, if they're all called "Black Pink" then at the very least, if they're in teh same universe, that would be a logical story progression.
: Probably because 1) Worlds is in S. Korea this year, 2) S. Korea has a highly dedicated and skilled League playerbase (and at least two Worlds championship winners are S. Korean teams), 3) K-Pop stars are practically idols in S. Korea So if they're getting a relatively popular K-Pop group to perform at Worlds, taking place in S. Korea, surrounded by both highly skilled players and hardcore fans...it makes sense to milk it for all its worth and cater a skin line directly to the time and place. In this case, the skins are most obviously aimed at Koreans and K-Pop fans. The real question is how they're going to handle Ahri, who's original Popstar skin was based on another K-Pop group, Girls Generation. Does she really need TWO Popstar skins, and are the two separate or same skin-universe? If anything, simply making a second skin along the same skinline for the same champion is the most confusing part. It's like if Riot decided to make a second Star Guardian Lux, it just...doesn't make sense...because it's already been done...?
> [{quoted}](name=Le Kaikai,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Jo5MJuFL,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-25T21:18:18.504+0000) > The real question is how they're going to handle Ahri, who's original Popstar skin was based on another K-Pop group, Girls Generation. Does she really need TWO Popstar skins, and are the two separate or same skin-universe? If anything, simply making a second skin along the same skinline for the same champion is the most confusing part. It's like if Riot decided to make a second Star Guardian Lux, it just...doesn't make sense...because it's already been done...? Obviously Ahri decided to join a new group as she evolves in her musical career. She went from fun-loving pop to now a more adult and dark tone with the rest of the BlackPink skin. It's official. The cute and fun-loving Ahri we knew is now rebranding herself as the "Bad girl"
Show more

Valaran Nara

Level 120 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion