: Can someone explain why rivens passive doesnt work on towers
Because Riven doesn't need it. Split-pushing with AA resets is part of what adds to the identity of champions like {{champion:75}} or {{champion:48}}. That aspect of their kit is included in their balancing. Riven doesn't need this effect; she's powerful enough without it.
: @Riot, listen to Vlad players feedback this time (Legends of Runeterra splashes)
Personally, I'm a fan of the finger knives/claws. I think it makes him a lot more unique and the way tendrils of blood wisp around them would make a very cool image.
Swimmx (NA)
: What if the LOL world Champions this year speak out in support of Hong Kong.
> Is it hijacking or not? Both of those posts insinuate that it is not. You also continue to bring up points that aren't even being discussed. You're building strawmans, man, and you need to chill out because you're getting pretty heated up.
Swimmx (NA)
: What if the LOL world Champions this year speak out in support of Hong Kong.
> Someone in the audience interrupts the movie for everyone to loudly preach about a social issue. He's naturally ejected from the theater. Naturally. An actor in a movie mentions a social issue at a showing. No preaching, just literally comes out in support of something. He is promptly disconnected from the franchise and his contract is revoked. That second statement is much closer to what happened.
Meduza (NA)
: Old Irelia model still in client?
Those previews probably draw from a pre-recorded source like a video file, not a depiction of the game client.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-10T04:48:52.702+0000) > > I have a feeling the people who get pissed off at people for trying to send messages or perform activism aren't very savvy people. > > Using a platform for activism is one of the best ways to actually spread word. They know thousands will see it, and they believe that the cause is dire and important enough to mention; to put it in many peoples heads. > > It's not hyjacking. It's not like the entire LoL tourney would turn into a charity event. I say "hijacking" for a reason. You're not "spreading the word" when you try to force messages via platform of choice, ruin the product created with said forced messages, and blame everyone else for disagreeing. It's even worse when you insult the customers/people because you understand your message to be so correct that any disagreement should be silenced or disregarded. The new Batwoman series is an amazing example of the above. Captain Marvel movie was similarly affected. And at no point did it come across the minds of those creators that their entertainment products were shit because they created something to deliver a preachy message or try to force inclusion. Joaquin Phoenix RIGHTFULLY walked out of an interview when he was asked "Do you worry about the (Joker) movie possibly inciting (incels to commit) violence?" That question, which was asked by multiple outlets, was nothing short of an incendiary "hate this group" bait. The media wanted to continue to smear a demographic and still did it well after an excellent release weekend. I don't play games or watch TV shows to be told what to think. I don't consume entertainment products that go "this is good because we say it is" when the reality is that these things are typically hypocritical or forced. And no, politics haven't been in games ever since their inception. That's a blatant lie and a shitty excuse for people to continue blatantly disregarding the purpose of the entertainment product for "message delivery". Companies should focus on making a quality product. Ideology pushing and politics should take a seat so far back on the entertainment bus that they don't get a chance to come forward without good reason. All that said, you're right about one thing. It wasn't gonna become a charity event. Blizzard massively overreacted and shouldn't have permanently banned the player or refuse to award his prize money. He still should have been punished regardless because he was there to win video games, not talk about a social issue.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T05:15:58.307+0000) > > I say "hijacking" for a reason. You're not "spreading the word" when you try to force messages via platform of choice, ruin the product created with said forced messages, and blame everyone else for disagreeing. It's even worse when you insult the customers/people because you understand your message to be so correct that any disagreement should be silenced or disregarded. > > The new Batwoman series is an amazing example of the above. Captain Marvel movie was similarly affected. And at no point did it come across the minds of those creators that their entertainment products were shit because they created something to deliver a preachy message or try to force inclusion. > > Joaquin Phoenix RIGHTFULLY walked out of an interview when he was asked "Do you worry about the (Joker) movie possibly inciting (incels to commit) violence?" That question, which was asked by multiple outlets, was nothing short of an incendiary "hate this group" bait. The media wanted to continue to smear a demographic and still did it well after an excellent release weekend. > > I don't play games or watch TV shows to be told what to think. I don't consume entertainment products that go "this is good because we say it is" when the reality is that these things are typically hypocritical or forced. And no, politics haven't been in games ever since their inception. That's a blatant lie and a shitty excuse for people to continue blatantly disregarding the purpose of the entertainment product for "message delivery". > > Companies should focus on making a quality product. Ideology pushing and politics should take a seat so far back on the entertainment bus that they don't get a chance to come forward without good reason. > > All that said, you're right about one thing. It wasn't gonna become a charity event. Blizzard massively overreacted and shouldn't have permanently banned the player or refuse to award his prize money. He still should have been punished regardless because he was there to win video games, not talk about a social issue. A guy talking about a cause at an event is never going to change the way you play video games. That's a selfish notion; that because it's associated with something we have fun with, that people can't use their platforms related to it. You don't consume entertainment to see a message. That's fine. Hearthstone wasn't going to be injected with pro-Hong Kong messages because a pro player came out in support of Hong Kong. The issue people have here is the exact same as when people such as athletes protest or strike. Just because the main focus is in entertainment doesn't mean that the people involved can't take advantage of their opportunity in the spotlight to get a message across. This has nothing to do with the company's message. The player who came out in support of Hong Kong did so as an individual, not speaking on behalf of Blizzard. Nothing to do with pushing ideology or politics and I'm not sure why you think that was the direction I was going with this conversation.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-08T20:23:10.908+0000) > > People shouldn't be discouraged from using a high platform to get across some kind of message or cause. Remember what Uncle Ben said. This is the same reasoning that lead to people/customers getting pissed off at the NFL, Brie Larson and video game companies. No, it is not a good idea to hijack something for sending a message.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-10-09T15:51:45.552+0000) > > This is the same reasoning that lead to people/customers getting pissed off at the NFL, Brie Larson and video game companies. > > No, it is not a good idea to hijack something for sending a message. I have a feeling the people who get pissed off at people for trying to send messages or perform activism aren't very savvy people. Using a platform for activism is one of the best ways to actually spread word. They know thousands will see it, and they believe that the cause is dire and important enough to mention; to put it in many peoples heads. It's not hyjacking. It's not like the entire LoL tourney would turn into a charity event.
: They shouldn't. Games and politics should never touch. Like I want to watch and play league not watch them talk about hong kong and Chinese politics. It's one thing to talk and help a disaster like a earthquake but stuff like this should just be neutral and not talk about it.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=72Nt3U2R,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-08T20:04:30.161+0000) > > They shouldn't. Games and politics should never touch. Like I want to watch and play league not watch them talk about hong kong and Chinese politics. > > It's one thing to talk and help a disaster like a earthquake but stuff like this should just be neutral and not talk about it. People shouldn't be discouraged from using a high platform to get across some kind of message or cause. Remember what Uncle Ben said.
: What skin lines would fit your main amazingly that you know Riot won't do?
{{champion:107}} - Dragon Hunter/Dragonslayer {{champion:106}} - Anything that isn't a silly skin.
Adder (OCE)
: Can Riot narrative just please just tell us what's up with Jax
Honestly, he should be a - > Will accept any answer that doesn't involve trolls. Hey >:( Why not? He already has the Troll hands. What would be so wrong with him hailing from a tribe of Steppe Trolls who live in Ionia or something?
FSRER (EUNE)
: Unpopular opinion, I don't like it. I understand that Ashe was an old character and she needed a new voice (like many champions do) but this is **not** a quality improvement. She sounds way too....dramatic for me and not fitting for Ashe, more like..idk, it wouldn't fit to any champion at League of Legends. Just like Lee, she is overly annoying as well! Lux and Ezreal voice reworks were good but many people said, including me, that they talk way too much in game for nothing and the same happens to Lee'sin and Ashe. Idk, I just think the voice makes her sound less like a Queen and more like a Edgy Teenager. That is my opinion tho
> [{quoted}](name=FSRER,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=m6cZbpi0,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-26T11:50:56.363+0000) > > Unpopular opinion, I don't like it. I understand that Ashe was an old character and she needed a new voice (like many champions do) but this is **not** a quality improvement. She sounds way too....dramatic for me and not fitting for Ashe, more like..idk, it wouldn't fit to any champion at League of Legends. Just like Lee, she is overly annoying as well! Lux and Ezreal voice reworks were good but many people said, including me, that they talk way too much in game for nothing and the same happens to Lee'sin and Ashe. Idk, I just think the voice makes her sound less like a Queen and more like a Edgy Teenager. That is my opinion tho I think the main draw is the way it's perceived. Long ago, before the big retcon and everything, Ashe was referred to as a 'Queen.' That comes with certain connotations; castles, crowns, royalty, etc. This was backed by the Queen Ashe skin, which was once considered canon. Now, it's much more tribal and viking-style hardcore. She leads the Avarosan tribe as Warmother, not the Avarosan kingdom as Queen.
: Demacian Steel is just Valyrian Steel prove me wrong
Game of Thrones didn't invent the concept of magical metal. Hell, Demacian Steel doesn't even share specific traits with Valyrian Steel, outside of the extremely broad 'super light super strong' traits that most magical metals have. For example, Valyrian Steel is said to never need sharpening and always keeps an edge. Demacian Steel does not have this property.
bCnUpton (EUW)
: How on earth do you'll play a late game jungler?
The meta isn't exactly friendly to late-game junglers at the moment.
: Pantheon E should really be damage reduction instead of immunity
You need to bait it out. Make him waste it. Or save your mobility spell (If you have one) to get behind him.
: HoTS is not doing well as a esport tho and blizz put it in maintenance mode awhile ago. Bad sign for the game.
> [{quoted}](name=ChristmasEvelynn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TuNabWPA,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-09-25T18:11:44.589+0000) > > HoTS is not doing well as a esport tho and blizz put it in maintenance mode awhile ago. Bad sign for the game. HotS esports were actually on the rise in viewership when ActiBlizz pulled the plug.
: Its because the competition for it sucks. If a 5v5 MOBA came out that was 100x better than League, you'd see people leaving in doves. The only competition League has is DOTA2, which has a very steep beginning learning curve that is a instant turn off.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TuNabWPA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-25T04:24:43.524+0000) > > Its because the competition for it sucks. If a 5v5 MOBA came out that was 100x better than League, you'd see people leaving in doves. The only competition League has is DOTA2, which has a very steep beginning learning curve that is a instant turn off. That's not true, actually. Familiarity and time sunk is a big factor in how popular games are. People are more likely to stick to LoL because they've been playing it for a long time, and starting a new game would mean starting over. It's the same with WoW. It has nothing to do with how good either LoL or another game is.
: Who are the fireborn?
Perhaps related to Ornn in some way, would be my first assumption.
Tsuko (NA)
: Pantheon's portable Windwall is a pain in the ass.
Nah. The ability is honestly fine; he can't do anything while channeling it and it has a very long cooldown so it requires good timing. Also, you can just get behind him and still do damage, and his backpedaling speed is slowed.
YaraUwU (NA)
: Any mobas out there that are ....well you know... "FUN"
Sëtíer (NA)
: I Need Item Details and Explinations
1. 'Shrink' means that the target's level is reduced by 1. A Tier 3 unit is changed to Tier 2, and a Tier 2 unit to Tier 1. 2. Ionic Spark works against all enemy spells cast, but not against passive effects like Vayne or Kassadin. 3. Don't know, but it's really high, I've seen units perma-silenced. 4. 'Disarm' removes an item from the target when it activates. 5. Enemy's max hp. 6. Bloodthirster only works off AAs while Gunblade heals from all damage.
: In my opinion Spirit Visage and Adaptive need better build paths
Personally, I think the CDR in Adaptive is ill-placed. None of the component items grant CDR, and it ends up bloating my CDR numbers so I can't build Frozen Heart or use it on a bruiser with Cleaver or Triforce without sacrificing something. I'd take power out by removing the CDR, and increasing it's MR. Then the build path could be changed to Spectre's Cowl + Negatron Cloak.
: Skarner vgu - Can he be made into a proper venomous fighter?
Scorpions, especially big ones, aren't really all that venomous. They're better known for overpowering prey with their claws and powerful armor. Skarner fits better as a 'run down' Juggernaut, like Udyr or Volibear, that locks down and destroys a single target with his claws and stinger than one who focuses on envenoming enemies.
Oddlaw (NA)
: What champions will Riot eventually add?
Personally, I don't think there's room for the sort of form changing Kayn does, even if they make him a shapeshifter, there's already 2 other shapeshifter demons. It'd be better if the 'Darkin' item (Spatula + Tear of the Goddess) was changed to 'Rhaast' similar to the Yuumi item.
Keirm (NA)
: Random ideas for TFT (brainstorming)
So, the champions that appear in the shop aren't completely random; the shop is shared between all players. That means when you need that last Warwick to finish off your Tier 3 Warwick, someone sitting on a WW in their reserves is what's keeping you from finding it, less so RNG. More champions are added to the shop as time goes on and people level up.
Lexy123 (EUNE)
: Riot do you know what is the difference between HOTS and LoL? Here is a SMALL list I made.
I play HotS a lot. I really like both HotS and LoL, and I can respond to your points intelligently, I think. > -Every hero/champion is playable and there are no really OP and really UP characters. This is not true at all. Heroes like Chen, The Lost Vikings, and Tyrael have been overshadowed for a long time because of how weak and UP they are. Meanwhile, the recent changes have pushed Nova and Valeera through the roof in terms of power; Icy Veins, the authority on HotS as it were, considers them must pick/bans in ranked. > -They release several times more cosmetic items per month then you. There is an argument about quality, though. In HotS, there's a lot of recolors and reskins (Comparable to Chromas in LoL). They also use a myriad of non-skin based cosmetics like mounts (Which are a game mechanic) and sprays (Which are ripped from Overwatch). Their skins also tend to be hit or miss in terms of quality, with few skins being worth paying real money for. They have the quantity, but LoL has the quality. Both are good, though. > -Playerbase is nowhere near as toxic as yours, not to mention people actualy want to have constructive conversations. Hell. No. I've met just as toxic people in HotS. > -Afks are nowhere near as impactful on your game. This is also hit or miss. For those who don't play HotS - when someone DCs from your game, their hero is replaced by an AI, and you can ping the AI to make it follow you. This is both good and bad. Good, because you're not down a hero. Bad, because the AI is a crapshoot, default set to the beginner setting (So DCing isn't actually an advantage). And as such, the AI can feed it's ass off really easily. Not to mention what could happen if it's playing a complex or strategy based hero, like someone who wants to primarily splitpush most of the game. > -Their heroes are nowhere near as basic as yours. Hell i have been posting on amino and reddit for years an idea about dual hero and parasite hero, and they just happen to have Cho-Gall and Abathur a dream come true.(seriously you need to try Hots at least because of those 2, and maybe Murky) No items means HotS can be a lot more versatile and personal with hero design. But it sacrifices the strategic benefit of items. This isn't really a mark for or against HotS, because, while their heroes are more skill intensive and creative (Sometimes), it comes at the cost of items, and item mechanics like gold. > -Lore is waaaay better( that is if you have played Blizzard games), and characters feel real. HotS has no lore. Warcraft has lore. Diablo has lore. Etc. But HotS doesn't have any lore. Also, LoL's lore blows the vast majority of Blizzard lore out of the water, easily. > -There are actual chances of comeback, and it is almost purely skill based game, if a noob does get lucky and kills somebody who is good he wont get an advantage next time, thus helping him snowball with minimum skill and effort. This is actually true. It's a lot easier to come back from a deficit, even if you've been behind all game long. That being said, some people would argue that this comes at the cost of personal impact, or a 'solo carry' factor.
Hibeki (NA)
: Predator: Underwhelming but potential
I love Predator as the Juggernaut keystone, especially on Skarner and Volibear. Seeing as damage is never a problem for me, there, I'd love to see a shorter cooldown on it, even if they nerf the damage. It'd also be nice if it's cooldown benefited from Ingenious Hunter, which I'm not sure if it does.
: First Destiny 2, now Battlefront 2.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3jFx4P4j,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-11-14T19:28:27.987+0000) > > Is Aery busted on champions other than Sona? > > That's what we need to ask first before changing anything. I see Aery being taken over just about every keystone on casters since it's such a reliable source of damage. Many times, Arcane Comet and Phase Rush are completely ignored since Aery is just better. Enchanters all love Aery since they get free shields in addition to their healing. Poke mages use it as a reliable damage source. Mages in general that aren't going Electrocute are going Aery for the poke, even if they have nothing that uses the shield. Sona is able to use Aery to its fullest extent since she can get it off constantly with her mid-range spells. Sona is the BIGGEST abuser, but I wouldn't say the only one.
Is that making it unbalanced, though? If everyone's taking Aery, that could just as easily mean that the other options are too weak, rather than Aery being too strong.
: Sona doesn't need nerfs. The Sorcery and Domination trees need to be looked at.
Is Aery busted on champions other than Sona? That's what we need to ask first before changing anything.
: What exactly counts as immobilize?
Anything that prevents movement from one spot. Roots, stuns, knockups, and entangle should be all of them.
: who ACTUALLY counters Cho'Gath? Top or in general.
Anyone aggressive should stomp him in lane. Vayne or Kog'Maw will destroy him in teamfights.
: Supports are way better in HotS
The main difference is that Supports in HotS aren't the same as Supports in LoL. Supports in HotS are almost always healers, barring very few exceptions. Supports in LoL don't need to be healers.
BTZ (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=mU50xANj,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2017-10-16T21:26:58.524+0000) > > 1. Not actually an ARAM main, I just hate the meta and ARAM is where I get my fix atm. > > 2. Rengar is my third highest mastery champion. He used to be my main until I fell in love with Skarner. And [this](http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2582177749/205888787?tab=overview) is the last time I played Rengar on the Rift. You have 45k I have like 300k all combined you don't really fully understand his kit I feel like.
Of course, we should just go ahead and discount all the time I've played him before the Mastery system came out, eh? I remember it very distinctly. He was the first champion I bought with IP when I had enough. That was a while ago. I can assure you I understand everything about Rengar.
: hmmm guess riot can't just bite the bullet and let players buy it due to their fuck up eh? That's kinda low being honest.
TBH it's still resulting in them getting a free skin. It's not low at all, really.
Destínum (EUW)
: Just curious, do Katarina and Nidalee really need boob windows in ALL their skins?
Yes. Specifically to piss you off. Not people in general, just you specifically. Seriously, it's not that important.
: He is getting nerfed currently on pbe. but k.
I think he's talking about the PBE that just went up today, added some of the slow back. Scales up to the same as on live but the slow is still weaker at early ranks I think.
Dememnon (NA)
: can you stop buffing urgot?
Still a nerf compared to live.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bAKG9m5F,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-10-30T17:36:37.275+0000) > > Battlecast would be so sick, that's what I voted for. But... illaoi isn't a void creature... Don't let riot ruin the niche of a skin line...
> [{quoted}](name=Faceroll Tactics,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bAKG9m5F,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-10-30T18:27:33.291+0000) > > But... illaoi isn't a void creature... > > Don't let riot ruin the niche of a skin line... Neither is Skarner, Urgot, or Xerath.
Atuko (NA)
: Choose the next Illaoi skin
Battlecast would be so sick, that's what I voted for.
: How the hell does a blacksmith improve a hat?
He turns it into a crown. It's called Rabadon's Deathcrown, after all.
: Unpopular Opinion: Cho'Gath should be able to do a ton of damage with his ult while being tanky
Agreed. We can take the slows off of his Q and E. Juggernauts need to be enabled by their team, and honestly, Cho'Gath does or else he'll be kited to hell.
: Suggestion voice actors for future champions
I really want Kevin Michael Richardson to be the new voice of Volibear. That deep, growling tone he uses when voicing, for example, Grommash Hellscream, would be perfect for a bear demigod.
Zarkkast (NA)
: Any ETA on when Morgana is gonna get a visual update?
They said they were saving Morgana to do alongside Kayle, so they'll be doing those two together.
: Honestly: Wtf is the point in Juggernauts?
Not every Marksman is a hyper carry. Ones like Sivir and Varus and Ashe are made to deal less damage than others in exchange for bringing more utility. If a Juggernaut is on the team, they can be the main carry, if enabled, just like an ADC can. A peeling Tank can come out of the Jungle or Support roles (Or Mid if you're Galio). A Mage can come in Mid or Support (Or 'ADC' Bot if you're Ziggs). And a Juggernaut isn't relegated to Top lane. Some are primarily Junglers - {{champion:72}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:2}}, so you can still put a Tank in Top. The reason the Jungle is bias towards Tanks at the moment is gold generation; a Jungler makes less gold than his laning counterparts, and Tank items are generally cheaper than Damage items, especially pseudo-Support items like Knight's Vow.
YuGiHo (NA)
: Why Was Morello not the ornn Upgrade?
How the hell is a blacksmith gonna improve a book? Slap some nails on it?
: Do the souls permanently increase its dmg every time you proc it?
Like Nasus Q, it's a permanently stacking buff, but the proc only refreshes after you pick up a Soul. You have 300 stacks, your next attack deals extra 300 damage, but no others until you pick up another soul. It'll be really good on scaling laners and characters with stack mechanics already, like Nasus. Also really good on characters with resets like Kha'Zix.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uJ562GTB,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T21:11:18.771+0000) > > Hey, look, you're still missing the point. I'll give you the same thing for Sejuani without touching damage or disable duration numbers at all. In fact, I won't even put any numbers. > > **Underpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy caster minion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to all caster minions in the end area. > > Caster minions in the end area are either stunned for a short duration if the bola hits an enemy caster minion or slowed by 30% for the same duration if it reaches maximum range. > > **Overpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy champion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to and stunning all enemy champions on the map. I never said numbers was the only way to make something overpowered or underpowered.
You don't seem to understand. That UP example doesn't effect champions at all. It only effects caster minions. It only damages, stuns, or slows, only caster minions. Making it do anything at all to champions is an inherent change to it's design, and thus, a method of balancing without shifting numbers around.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uJ562GTB,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T21:11:18.771+0000) > > Hey, look, you're still missing the point. I'll give you the same thing for Sejuani without touching damage or disable duration numbers at all. In fact, I won't even put any numbers. > > **Underpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy caster minion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to all caster minions in the end area. > > Caster minions in the end area are either stunned for a short duration if the bola hits an enemy caster minion or slowed by 30% for the same duration if it reaches maximum range. > > **Overpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy champion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to and stunning all enemy champions on the map. I never said numbers was the only way to make something overpowered or underpowered.
> There's no such thing as imbalanced by design. Anything can be made weak, strong, or balaned with changes to nothing but numbers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uJ562GTB,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T20:57:05.528+0000) > > You know that imbalanced does not mean 'overpowered' or 'underpowered', right? > > You also know that you can make an ability overpowered or underpowered without at all touching numbers, right? > > Sejuani's old ultimate was overpowered, and it had nothing to do with numbers. That's why the rest of her kit was very underpowered. And there was no point where his Q could have been balanced because of the nature of it as an AA buff; being able to stack 5 Ferocity and prime it while empowered during stealth was why it was imbalanced, not it's damage. Imbalanced literally does mean that. OK. You seem to like talking about Sejani's old ult and Rengar's old Q, so I will use them as examples. I will make each of them underpowered and each of them overpowered by changing nothing but numbers. **Underpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy champion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the end area. Enemies in the end area are either Stun icon stunned for a short duration if the bola hits an enemy champion or Slow icon slowed by 30% for the same duration if it reaches maximum range. Magic damage: 1/2/3 Disable duration: 0.1/0.2/0.3 seconds **Overpowered**: ACTIVE: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy champion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the end area. Enemies in the end area are either Stun icon stunned for a short duration if the bola hits an enemy champion or Slow icon slowed by 30% for the same duration if it reaches maximum range. Magic damage: 1000/2000/3000 Disable duration: 10/20/30 seconds **Underpowered**: ACTIVE: Rengar's next two basic attacks gain 1% bonus attack speed, with the first within 3 seconds also dealing bonus physical damage. EMPOWERED ACTIVE: Savagery's bonus physical damage is increased to 1-18 (based on level) (+ 1% AD) and applying it grants Rengar 1-18 (based on level)% bonus attack speed as well as 1% AD bonus physical damage for 5 seconds. **Overpowered**: ACTIVE: Rengar's next two basic attacks gain 100% bonus attack speed, with the first within 3 seconds also dealing bonus physical damage. EMPOWERED ACTIVE: Savagery's bonus physical damage is increased to 1000-18000 (based on level) (+ 1000% AD) and applying it grants Rengar 100-1800 (based on level)% bonus attack speed as well as 1000% AD bonus physical damage for 5 seconds. For both of those abilities, I did nothing but change numbers. Each one has one version that is underpowered and one version that is overpowered.
Hey, look, you're still missing the point. I'll give you the same thing for Sejuani without touching damage or disable duration numbers at all. In fact, I won't even put any numbers. **Underpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy caster minion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to all caster minions in the end area. Caster minions in the end area are either stunned for a short duration if the bola hits an enemy caster minion or slowed by 30% for the same duration if it reaches maximum range. **Overpowered**: Sejuani throws a True Ice bola in a line, shattering upon colliding with an enemy champion or upon reaching maximum range, dealing magic damage to and stunning all enemy champions on the map.
: > [{quoted}](name=Variks the Loyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uJ562GTB,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T20:26:30.253+0000) > > Also, yes they can. We saw it with Rengar. There was no middle ground for his old Q, either it did too much damage, or it did too little. > > And, also, despite numbers, an ability can still be overpowered or underpowered. The numbers on an ability can be perfectly fine and the ability is still too weak or too strong. Like we saw with Sejuani. We never saw numbers (specifically damage in this case, I assume) on Rengar's Q change by 1 at a time. There was a point where his Q would have been balanced. I can make Sejuani's old ultimate overpowered with nothing but number changes and I can make her old ultimate underpowered with nothing but number changes. I can do it with any ability. If you would like to test that, feel free to design one and give numbers to it.
You know that imbalanced does not mean 'overpowered' or 'underpowered', right? You also know that you can make an ability overpowered or underpowered without at all touching numbers, right? Sejuani's old ultimate was overpowered, and it had nothing to do with numbers. It was because it had the potential to stun 5 people from long range. That's why the rest of her kit was very underpowered. And there was no point where his Q could have been balanced because of the nature of it as an AA buff; being able to stack 5 Ferocity and prime it while empowered during stealth was why it was imbalanced, not it's damage.
Show more

Variks the Loyal

Level 60 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion