: Harrowing map? Please?
Yes please, this is one of the things I miss most about League. It gave the map character, and was really fun to play on!
: It's all fine and dandy til he's dealing 24% current health physical damage, 12% max health magic damage and 150 (+ 105% bonus AD) true damage every 2 autos (not even including his passive which makes all those numbers even bigger). Also that 10% of all those % health on-hits are being converted to true damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EIjEuE7k,comment-id=000500030000,timestamp=2019-04-24T06:01:36.457+0000) > > It's all fine and dandy til he's dealing 24% current health physical damage, 12% max health magic damage and 150 (+ 105% bonus AD) true damage every 2 autos (not even including his passive which makes all those numbers even bigger). Also that 10% of all those % health on-hits are being converted to true damage. I...even said in my post it may not feel like it, but building up your defenses will actually make him take longer to kill you, unlike Vayne who you ACTUALLY can't reduce her damage outside of 20% attack speed reduction. You claimed he literally couldn't have damaged reduced outside of attack damage. I pointed out that is factually wrong but does apply to Vayne.
: They should really change this. AS slow items are literally the only possible defense you could build against Yi's mixed + true damage and yet even those items are negated. There is quite literally no way at all to counter-build Yi right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Z3Sleeper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EIjEuE7k,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-23T11:58:57.181+0000) > > They should really change this. AS slow items are literally the only possible defense you could build against Yi's mixed + true damage and yet even those items are negated. > > There is quite literally no way at all to counter-build Yi right now. I've always felt this applies more to Vayne. Yes, Yi gets true damage, and you can't reduce his attack speed, but it's a static amount of true damage, and he still deals lots of physical. Therefore building HP+armor *does* extend your life duration against him...he just does a lot of damage, so it may not feel like it. Vayne on the other hand deals % of your total HP in true damage. THAT is a case of literally no way to counter build, other than attack speed reduction of which there is a limited amount.
: Why in the world would you BUFF RENEKTON??
Years experience doesn't necessarily correlate to skill and knowledge. Been playing for 9 years, so if our game experience is what we're going by, then Renekton is fine and actually needs buffs. No really, I don't even remember the last time I even saw a Renekton, let alone why you're worried about him. Can he get annoying? Sure, but he does fall off pretty hard. I've lost lanes to him in the past but won the game because the enemy didn't capitalize on it.
rujitra (NA)
: “In the real world”
The guys who use the "in the real world" excuse apparently have no problem running up to strangers cursing at them and telling them to kill themselves.
: Top Lane Balance Changes
I really think they should either revert to old rune/mastery system, or severely tone down ALL numbers in runes/masteries-though not as much toning on defense, since it doesn't feel very effective right now.
: Matchmaking is in the best place I've seen it in a very long time. GOOD JOB!
In a way I think these short queue times is our fault. I remember everyone hating longer queue times years back before the current iteration, and I was one of the few saying they should keep the longer times. Now look at us.
: Get rid of autofill
I've been saying it should be done away with, or given the option how long you want to wait before you get auto filled, and always got downvoted. Glad to see the support coming through finally for this idea.
: How does Nasus have a crap early game when he gets 12% lifesteal for free at level 1 with increased healing because of Q stacks? Even Nasus W rank 1 is bullshit to deal with. Starts scaling at level 6 because Rito decided to give him URF ultimate 2 years ago without changing anything.
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qocnwUjE,comment-id=001c0000,timestamp=2019-04-06T09:06:29.743+0000) > > How does Nasus have a crap early game when he gets 12% lifesteal for free at level 1 with increased healing because of Q stacks? Even Nasus W rank 1 is bullshit to deal with. Starts scaling at level 6 because Rito decided to give him URF ultimate 2 years ago without changing anything. Again, you list the positives without thinking of the negatives. Yes he gets free lifesteal. He's also a melee without gap closing capability, and if he tries to spam his abilities to safely farm, he'll go OOM very quickly. It requires time and patience to build up to make his lifesteal worth while. There are many champs who counter him early, with enough poke to make him regret every Q he tries to farm-or outright stopping them in some cases (Teemo). Nasus is meant to be a juggernaut that excels at 1 on 1 close encounters after having some time to farm. If allowed to do this, he'll WILL become a monster (though honestly not anywhere near the strongest lategame, plenty of other champions have more going for them without relying on farming for 20 minutes to do so). His team fighting is pretty meh; unless you spend an exuberant amount of gold to get items to counteract his weaknesses, in which case you'll end up a lot squishier anyways. Have you ever played as Nasus late game? It's not nearly as awesome as it would seem. Aside from the plethora of champions such as Kog Maw and Vayne who can rip him a new one, a team with a half decent amount of CC will chain CC him and kill him before he even does anything. I'll say it one more time; when you think of all the great things on a skill or champion, you should also thing of their collective kit before deciding how good or bad it is. Just as an example, Garen's W provides him with on demand 60% damage reduction+ tenacity, as well as boat loads of permanent armor and MR, and he gets free true damage! His E can crit with the damage going up to around 2000 late game! He's also a sub 50% winrate champion because I neglected to look at his various weaknesses and shortcomings. Oops.
: Any reason why Nasus W cooldown doesn’t start after the ability is finished??
I can't think of what it's called at the moment, but this is a case of listing off everything good about something to make it seem overpowered, while leaving out everything else. Yes, in this specific case, you're pretty boned. We're also looking at a champion with a crap early game, easily kited, an over rated late game (seriously, he's best in mid game-Q farm stops meaning anything after probably 500 or so), doesn't offer much for a team outside of some armor/mr reduction on his E, and a single target slow. Realistically against decent opponents he doesn't do much. So I suppose the answer to the question is...if they were to nerf it as you're asking, he's going to be 100% garbage. He'd need substantial buffs to counteract it; being able to stay on the 1 lone target that got too close is all he really has going for him, and there are a few ways to reduce it/get out of it.
: The Same Face is real
I literally thought this WAS the same champ in different poses until I started reading comments...went back, saw the weapons, facepalmed.
: Someone please tell me how to win when your team feeds
Well, probably not what you're looking to hear, but you really can't do much in some games-you're simply going to lose no matter how good you play. With that said, I do believe the vast majority of your games, you can find SOMETHING to improve on. You think to yourself you played perfect, that it was 100% your teams fault, but the majority of the time, you slipped up somewhere-which ended up making things snowball even harder. So my advice is this: Watch replays on these games and truly judge yourself. You cannot do anything to make your team play better (other than ping/make suggestions), but you CAN improve yourself each game. With a little bit of improvement from multiple games like this, it'll eventually churn out wins that would have been lost if you hadn't watched your replays. Just one small decision can have huge impacts.
: > Tanks should be able to do well in lane by principle of being able to soak up poke, imo-so long as the tank doesn't actively try to fight someone in an extended trade, they should be capable of getting farm without caring about whatever poke comes out. On the flip side, they shouldn't be capable of poking out their opponent. Tanks can't really soak up poke as they generally don't have that good sustain and tanks being able to farm without caring about poke would potentially be really dangerous... because tanks are good teamfighters/late game and if they are also able to easily get through lane without too much issue (they can shrug off poke) then why wouldn't you pick a tank (well in SoloQ you can't always rely on your team so maybe people still wouldn't pick tanks but still) And how low would a tanks base damages need to be for them to be unable to poke out even a squishy enemy champion probably very very low which would also likely mean they would never work as a jungler as their damage would be too low for them to be able to effectively farm the jungle at all
> [{quoted}](name=Champion Skin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPjVnO4p,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T16:56:55.834+0000) > > Tanks can't really soak up poke as they generally don't have that good sustain and tanks being able to farm without caring about poke would potentially be really dangerous... because tanks are good teamfighters/late game and if they are also able to easily get through lane without too much issue (they can shrug off poke) then why wouldn't you pick a tank (well in SoloQ you can't always rely on your team so maybe people still wouldn't pick tanks but still) > > And how low would a tanks base damages need to be for them to be unable to poke out even a squishy enemy champion probably very very low which would also likely mean they would never work as a jungler as their damage would be too low for them to be able to effectively farm the jungle at all To clarify, you're not talking lifesteal, right? The majority of tanks shouldn't be lifesteal based-rather large HP pool/MR/Armor and some shields. I may have been a bit extreme into how I wrote that. I don't mean to say a tank should be able to just stand in the minion wave all day without a care for what his opponent does. But I do think they should be tanky enough that, between good HP pool, HP regen, and armor/mr+whatever shield/damage reduction they have, they can safely get competitive amounts of CC that all of the other classes can get. If they can't compete with other classes, then they are underpowered. I'm not so sure I'd agree on tanks being good late game. Their CC is great, because it gives opportunities to the ADC/APC/whatever actual late game monster you have to rip the enemy apart. Without their counterparts, tanks wouldn't be capable of much. I'll give you the flip side scenario which is what we face right now. Why ever pick a tank, when you're just going to get poked out of lane? Right now there is *NO* reason to grab a tank. Games end quickly enough that you won't even see late game where you might be useful (though arguably tanks aren't good late game, rather they are useful to the ones that are actually good in the late game-adcs and some select late game monsters. I may just be arguing semantics here...) For the damage, you can easily implement abilities that do extra damage vs monsters and minions...which is something they already do on several champions, as well as at least one item I think of off the top of my head. It gives them opportunity to farm, while also giving them the ability to becoming very tanky+loads of CC without being overpowered, since they will never kill someone on their own. I think Alistar is a great model for this idea-his damage is pretty bad unless you builds loads of ap, at which point you're squishy outside of your ultimate anyways. A tank alistar doesn't get kills, but is still very useful for teamfights. He has his pros and cons.
OHminus (NA)
: I'm sure if I scroll down there will be a bunch of bruiser mains screaming for tanks to be unviable as a whole "REEEE TANKS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN TOP LANE REEEE MAKE THEM GO JUNGLE OR SUPPORT REEEE TOP LANE IS FOR BRUISERS AND MELEE CARRIES ONLY REEEEE"
> [{quoted}](name=OHminus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPjVnO4p,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-03-30T23:24:49.736+0000) > > I'm sure if I scroll down there will be a bunch of bruiser mains screaming for tanks to be unviable as a whole > > "REEEE TANKS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN TOP LANE REEEE MAKE THEM GO JUNGLE OR SUPPORT REEEE TOP LANE IS FOR BRUISERS AND MELEE CARRIES ONLY REEEEE" As one who plays tanks and bruisers, but prefers playing bruisers...I think both should be viable in top and jungle. For lane matchups a bruiser should generally crush a tank in lane, but a tank is more useful come team fight time. Tanks should be able to do well in lane by principle of being able to soak up poke, imo-so long as the tank doesn't actively try to fight someone in an extended trade, they should be capable of getting farm without caring about whatever poke comes out. On the flip side, they shouldn't be capable of poking out their opponent. Both sides, when a tank is involved, should be reliant on ganks if they want to actually kill the other.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPjVnO4p,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-30T18:29:40.323+0000) > > CC is a Tank's primary job so they can peel or engage. A Tank without CC is like a Marksman without range There is difference between CC try to compare Sej who has CC in every single part of her Kit with Poppy for example.
> [{quoted}](name=Hikari Sakata,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPjVnO4p,comment-id=000200000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-30T19:12:07.046+0000) > > There is difference between CC > try to compare Sej who has CC in every single part of her Kit with Poppy for example. Um...but Poppy has just as much CC as Sej does? Sejuani has: -Q AoE knock up, W AoE slow, E stun (after stacks), R stun/AoE Slow Total of 2 hard CC's (1 is aoe)+ 2 soft CC's (both AoE) Poppy: Q AoE slow, W AoE knock down (conditional), E knock back+stun, R AoE Knockback. Total of 3 hard CC's (one is conditional), two of which are AoE, and a single AoE slow. Sejuani may feel like she has more CC because she can more reliably lock down a single target, but realistically poppy has a lot more potential CC. I mean, anyone you hit with a charged ultimate is basically CC'd from the fight, leaving whoever is left to fend for themselves.
: How is gangbanging with 5 man the poor guy that has bounty on his head an outplay? Didn't u notice that in every single game you are just 5 man killing that one guy? Just because he has bounty? But ok, bounty system can stay for now, but catch-up exp is just bullshit. Getting more exp just because you suck xd
> [{quoted}](name=Botulinum toxin,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lQVYkfXx,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-27T13:06:22.279+0000) > > How is gangbanging with 5 man the poor guy that has bounty on his head an outplay? Didn't u notice that in every single game you are just 5 man killing that one guy? Just because he has bounty? But ok, bounty system can stay for now, but catch-up exp is just bullshit. Getting more exp just because you suck xd I mean, if the only way for you to kill someone a few kills ahead of you is to 5 man him, that means you're just bad. Not trying to be mean, but that's the truth. No, I haven't noticed that, because it's not the case-if I've ever felt the need to 5 man an opponent to kill him, that means they're so far ahead the game is lost at this point anyways, in which case whatever gold we get out of it probably won't even turn the game around. If someone gets 5 man ganked, it means that: 1)The 5 man team is dedicating ALL of its resources to killing him, leaving the rest of the map wide open. Opposing team can and should get dragon/baron/towers. 2)The lone man is playing dangerously; he either doesn't have proper vision to be where he is, or is overly confident in his skill and champion power. Fact: You'll never die in League if you're actually playing safe. The only time this wouldn't be true is when your opponent is so far ahead, they can dive your fountain turret and kill you, and still get away-which means you were playing dangerously previously to get to that point. Give up a turret if you have to, but play safe.
: Can you stop rewarding the bad players Riot?
On the contrary, I'd say it's rewarding players for good plays. If the enemy gets ahead and doesn't make any mistakes, he'll slowly ekk out a win. But if you catch him at the right moment, out play him, and manage to kill him despite his advantage, you are rewarded for your efforts. Though I agree catchup gold for farming should go away, since farming IMO is skill expression itself-being punished because you did good farming just feels bad.
: Junglers that do nothing hide behind this argument. Yes most players should understand junglers doing things on the other side of the map is fine they can't always gank your lane, but it's particularly frustrating when you get ganked 4+ times and you junglers score is still 0/0/0. Like fucking do something man anything! Gank a lane doesn't even have to be mine! I don't wanna see my leesin or Elise power farming for 6 fucking items.
> [{quoted}](name=FrozenFrostFyre,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=pVB6XLPL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-25T22:18:05.882+0000) > > Junglers that do nothing hide behind this argument. Yes most players should understand junglers doing things on the other side of the map is fine they can't always gank your lane, but it's particularly frustrating when you get ganked 4+ times and you junglers score is still 0/0/0. Like fucking do something man anything! Gank a lane doesn't even have to be mine! I don't wanna see my leesin or Elise power farming for 6 fucking items. People need to get KDA out of their heads. A 0/0/0 jungler may or may not have ganked-there are such things as successful ganks without a kill-forcing someone to blow flash, and/or getting them low enough they have to go b, allowing your team to get ahead. They may have gotten dragon/Herald, counter jungled, etc. Quite frankly when I jungle, I find it annoying when one lane keeps pinging me to help. If you've died 4 times to ganks/your opponent, they're going to be too far ahead for me to do much anyways, unless they try to dive while I'm there. It'd literally be a waste of time to go up there. As one who plays both top and jungle, I'm telling you-if you're in a bad spot and keep getting ganked, play even more defensive. Give up the turret if you have to. Heck, if it's that bad, try either a lane swap with mid or ganking other lanes/grouping. This sounds strange, but I've lost games when playing as top, because my opponent I was crapping on (I'm 3-0 or 4-0) decides to roam bottom, gets a double, gets dragon, then takes out a tower or two. The match is now even. I'm not saying there's no such thing as a bad jungler, that they are never to blame, that a 0/0/0 means they're always fine. Rather, I'm trying to impress upon you to look around at what they're doing, not just KDA, since there's so much more to it than that.
: Possibly a controversial opinion
I think Aftershock should be changed to something like: Small base armor/MR (like 1/5 what it is now)+large % of bonus armor mr (maybe even 100%). Greatly reduce current base damage+remove the AD scaling, and add a small shield based on bonus HP. Now the only way to effectively use it would be to build pure tank-armor/mr+HP. Since it scales entirely off of defense, a tank would become EXTREMELY difficult to kill-loads of armor/mr+shield. As for Guardian, maybe add some extra passives on it that give bonuses to activatible items, and/or benefits good for allies-additional life steal/atk spd/ap for them when they get shielded. I don't know, not too sure on this. Alternatively, perhaps allow you to take a small part of their damage for them. Maybe a slowly regenerating shield? Greatly enhanced hp regen for a short time whenever you take a skill shot? Shooting out ideas...
Chronabis (EUNE)
: Aatrox Mains Community Post
Not an Aattrox main, but I tried him every now and then...and then really fell in love with him a few months before the rework. Made me super sad, I was starting to get good with him. New kit sounded cool, but miss the old one so much...and the new one doesn't accomplish *any* of the original goals that I can think of.
: Look at my match history and tell me skill matters in League of Legends.
To be fair, you are 1/5 your team, 20% of your total skill. Perhaps more, perhaps less-in this case more. I'd argue in any given game, the more skilled team wins (not just skill shots, mind you); they may not have the best skilled single player, but overall have a higher skill. In other words, matchmaking screwed you >_>
: I'm saying the methodology has been inconsistent in the past and that's bad.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotRepertoir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEraBg5K,comment-id=000e0003000000030000,timestamp=2019-03-13T01:01:01.264+0000) > > I'm saying the methodology has been inconsistent in the past and that's bad. Just want to say thank you for discussing with us on the forums, I'd like to see this more often.
Saezio (EUNE)
: If only riot were not such stubborn ostriches and decided to finally ban a couple champions for pro per patch. We could achieve peace. For example, If riot just kept the 5 most problematic for pro play champs banned per patch and swapped one every patch, would people not watch because "This is not the same as I play" ? like for starters, keep {{champion:13}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:223}} locked for pro-play and balance them around soloqueue. Then on the next patch, decide one of these, and replace it with the most successful pro pick in the previous patch and enable the champ that was locked previously. If the champ is still problematic after another patch, bench them again and enable another, balancing them in the meantime. The number 5 is indicative, it could be 10 but I think that would be excessive considering there are another 6 bans before 1st pick. So the bottom line for this to work, is to keep the benched ones rotating to make sure they are not _NEVER_ seen in pro. It would also add some flavour to pro, since people can be like "Remember in 9.8 when they enabled azir in Pro? Well that was a fiesta." Finally, I believe this would make balancing the top of the top S tier champs more easily since they will not have to worry about stuff affecting pro + they would be addressed one at a time.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=T0EFkMPR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-07T14:30:48.469+0000) > > If only riot were not such stubborn ostriches and decided to finally ban a couple champions for pro per patch. We could achieve peace. > > For example, If riot just kept the 5 most problematic for pro play champs banned per patch and swapped one every patch, would people not watch because "This is not the same as I play" ? > > like for starters, keep {{champion:13}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:223}} locked for pro-play and balance them around soloqueue. > Then on the next patch, decide one of these, and replace it with the most successful pro pick in the previous patch and enable the champ that was locked previously. > If the champ is still problematic after another patch, bench them again and enable another, balancing them in the meantime. > > The number 5 is indicative, it could be 10 but I think that would be excessive considering there are another 6 bans before 1st pick. > > So the bottom line for this to work, is to keep the benched ones rotating to make sure they are not _NEVER_ seen in pro. > It would also add some flavour to pro, since people can be like "Remember in 9.8 when they enabled azir in Pro? Well that was a fiesta." > Finally, I believe this would make balancing the top of the top S tier champs more easily since they will not have to worry about stuff affecting pro + they would be addressed one at a time. This is actually a great idea, hoping to get some attention drawn here.
: I think we should find another game like League, and everyone should move over there.
> [{quoted}](name=Biscuit Bite,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TEw405i6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T17:39:55.680+0000) > > I think we should find another game like League, and everyone should move over there. Been going to Smite lately. The community there for a new player (well, with lots of League experience, but still) is both nice and communicative. I recommend everyone give it a go.
SanKakU (NA)
: Pretty sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like having two unit targeted summoner spells. Smite is one and Ignite would be another.
> [{quoted}](name=SanKakU,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ovrn8UQI,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-09-01T01:00:53.532+0000) > > Pretty sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like having two unit targeted summoner spells. Smite is one and Ignite would be another. I wouldn't disagree, but you have missed the point. Even prior to Ignite being super popular, Flash has *always* been the reigning summoner spell, literally for YEARS. Of course at this point everyone uses the excuse that it's too intertwined to be dealt with-I say that's a load of BS-there are ways to fix it without breaking champions.
: "Teleport has emerged as a dominant summoner spell in most lanes"
I really thought this was going to be about flash. It's picked more even in your example picture...
: We all talk about how high damage is, but can we address the CC bloat this game has?
I get your point-but I'd argue if damage wasn't so damn high, you wouldn't care about the CC-because you'd live long enough to get out of it.
: Tank changes for 8.16
I've read through the changes and while I haven't studied them in depth to determine how good they will actually be, I'd like to say I'm VERY happy to see not just buffs to tanks (something the community has asked for)-but you're not buffing damage, you're buffing defense. This is EXCELLENT-even if the initial buffs don't quite put them where you want them, I'd love to see you continue down this route. Thank you!
Ąkąli (NA)
: Riot, I'm pouring my heart out for Skarner on this one.
This may be better for balance for him, but I too have always loved Skarner, and I feel his ultimate is his most defining feature-and I'd really hate to see it go. Dragging someone around against their will is just so fun... Also this new ultimate sounds like it'd be way too easy to counter-5 seconds to get back, use cleanse, etc. I think a stronger slow or shorter timer would be necessary to make it good.
Kai Guy (NA)
: So then whas being done is folks are asking for selective removal of true damage? My first thoughts where {{champion:10}} or Old Poppy R. Some one had posted already and the The response I saw was "That's invincibility. True defense would be armor/mr stats that aren't affected by shreds or modifications like Cleaver." I feel invincibility is true defence, and % reductions a close second. If its a mechanic that only affects true damage then its not really a great mechanic, if its a mechanic that affects all forms of damage then Invulnerability from Kayle R works.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4QRuX8AZ,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-07-30T23:01:45.708+0000) > > So then whas being done is folks are asking for selective removal of true damage? > > My first thoughts where {{champion:10}} or Old Poppy R. Some one had posted already and the The response I saw was > > "That's invincibility. True defense would be armor/mr stats that aren't affected by shreds or modifications like Cleaver." > > I feel invincibility is true defence, and % reductions a close second. If its a mechanic that only affects true damage then its not really a great mechanic, if its a mechanic that affects all forms of damage then Invulnerability from Kayle R works. Well, I guess you're not wrong in a way...but invincibility is a step up from true damage reduction. Imagine for a moment if Garen W actually reduced *all* damage-even of the true variety. Though since you mentioned it, with true damage becoming more and more common-perhaps an ability which ignores only true damage could be an interesting niche counter pick champion?
Kai Guy (NA)
: {{champion:86}} {{champion:12}} Last I checked don't both have flat damage % reduction?
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4QRuX8AZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-30T19:19:24.834+0000) > > {{champion:86}} {{champion:12}} Last I checked don't both have flat damage % reduction? Yes, but true damage still goes completely through both. I believe this thread is asking for an ability that will *always* reduce damage by X amount-even true damage. At least, I think...
: No news as of right now. I personally play a fair bit of WK, and don't feel particularly great about his play pattern atm (just build pure assassin and murder any squishy dude you find), but unfortunately, my team doesn't have the time atm to take on larger work for him. If we could though, I'd be interested if we could make him more of a fighter than an assassin since I always thought he was more fun with you got to take passes on your opponent before finishing them off. Whether that's removing some of his ad scaling on abilities, giving him more hp/resists and rejigging some of his cds to account for it. Sorry, my thoughts on WK are super underdeveloped and that reply probably sounds incredibly surface level. What do you think of him in his current state?
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3QlY40r0,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-07-27T02:26:59.286+0000) > > No news as of right now. I personally play a fair bit of WK, and don't feel particularly great about his play pattern atm (just build pure assassin and murder any squishy dude you find), but unfortunately, my team doesn't have the time atm to take on larger work for him. If we could though, I'd be interested if we could make him more of a fighter than an assassin since I always thought he was more fun with you got to take passes on your opponent before finishing them off. Whether that's removing some of his ad scaling on abilities, giving him more hp/resists and rejigging some of his cds to account for it. Sorry, my thoughts on WK are super underdeveloped and that reply probably sounds incredibly surface level. What do you think of him in his current state? I want to start off by saying, thank you for talking so much-I do appreciate it. I always felt he was more of a fighter, with a better mobility than other champions and trickery with W to help stay alive longer. I say this realizing you guys aren't working on it yet, but if the word gets along, I think lowering his burst damage but upping DPS is the way to go-lower ratios on Q/E with higher bases, maybe throw in some HP scaling? Increase damage ratio on Ultimate-late game it doesn't feel like it does enough. This would take away his popping capabilities, but add to his team fight strength. Upping his passive/maybe adding some sort of ratio could be good to further these ideas.
Ahpe (NA)
: Quality of life change: Out of energy indicator
I think they have much bigger fish to fry than this.
War Hero (NA)
: With the new changes to crit costs, I don't like it being able to be so easily obtained through runes (especially when its competing with other stats like hp ap ad). This will make it so that adcs will heavily rely on such runes and I really don't like this concept as it doesn't promote diversity. Oh and plz don't bring up garen. I had enough of that thing.
> [{quoted}](name=War Hero,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TnyhJcEp,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2018-07-17T02:50:45.505+0000) > > With the new changes to crit costs, I don't like it being able to be so easily obtained through runes (especially when its competing with other stats like hp ap ad). This will make it so that adcs will heavily rely on such runes and I really don't like this concept as it doesn't promote diversity. Oh and plz don't bring up garen. I had enough of that thing. They really need to address the crit on his E though, regardless of how he's doing. It's not at all viable to build crit on him-remove it and replace it, remove it altogether, make an item or rune that makes use of it, something. I enjoyed the style of it, but it's taunting me when it exists.
: Team comps that should be low damage are high damage burst fiestas.
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zsXBxG4r,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-07-17T03:29:43.711+0000) > > He's a juggernaut. And the fact I was downvoted for stating facts to -12 is disgusting. You can rate down rito's classifications as well. Just find it online. Doesn't make you right. Juggernaut is Riot's personal labeling of a bruiser. Bruiser is a classification used in virtually any game with classes-generally a tanky character that still gets plenty of damage, but with other drawbacks-such as bad range, no utility, low mobility, etc. Everyone referred to Juggernaut's as bruisers prior to Juggernaut even being a thing, much like ADCs are now Marksmen-and those still tend to stick around since some people are still used to calling them as such.
: @Riot is a detailed post about Damage Creep, TTK, Snowball and Game Length too much to ask?
Riot, it'd be greatly appreciated if you answered on these topics.
: There was nothing wrong with the last Runes + mastery system
Been saying it since new Runes, this system is garbage. At the very least, we should be able to select what stats we get, to bring it to be more like the old system.
DaCurtis (OCE)
: Create a Third Rune Slot for Base Stats!
It'd be nice to get some other stats like Crit chance. I know it sounds silly, but certain builds could use it (Crit Garen currently doesn't exist, this could be a way to edge it back in).
: Average KDA 7/4/6 on Jhin (36% Win rate) "My teammates are holding me back" Change my mind please.
While your statistics for Jhin play sound good, without seeing replays its really hard to say. A couple things come to mind. 1) Are you rotating and assisting your team when you're ahead? You could be 20/0, but if you just sit bottom and continue farming, or try to push up to third turret where they will inevitably 4 man gank you-you're not making good use of it. 2) Are you communicating with your team often? Similar to number 1. Not just pinging, but making suggestions on taking baron, figuring out where the enemy jungler is, so on and so forth. Not saying you are doing these things wrong, just possibilities.
Lakrosin (NA)
: Galio has MR to damage scaling. Sejuani isn't a tank anymore. Rakan builds like a tank but he isn't one. Mundo isn't even a tank nor bruiser.
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zsXBxG4r,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-14T16:47:42.062+0000) > > Galio has MR to damage scaling. Sejuani isn't a tank anymore. > > Rakan builds like a tank but he isn't one. Mundo isn't even a tank nor bruiser. Wait, then what do you consider Mundo if not a Bruiser?
: BRUISERS ARENT BALANCED RIGHT NOW SOMEONE HAS TO SAY IT
I don't think they're overtuned, I think the game is overtuned. Conqueror is too strong, and because of all the easy access to damage, they can burst people down harder than they should. Towers are too weak. Nerf damage across the board, buff towers, nerf Conqueror (at least early game), and we'll see ADC's come back. Don't nerf bruisers individually-they were crap not too long ago, it's because of the overall state of things they are doing well.
: So we all spent the last 4 years complaining that adc's were manditory...
I for one embrace the current state. It's a breath of fresh air from the ADC ruling that has happened for the life of this game. That's not to say at some point something should be done, but I think some time should be given to let it mellow out. Also ADC's aren't *completely* useless as a lot of people like to say. Crit ADC's are the ones that are struggling, but even then a couple of them are still working.
: I don't get it, Rene allowed to abuse Essence while Urgot not allowed to have Sterak ?
Thank you for stating the obvious. Now read my second part; hardly astounding. As in, it's not that high really. Not even top 30%. If he was top 10%, I'd agree, but he's no where near it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vectros,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1KveBNbO,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-07-09T00:35:46.411+0000) > > 49.7% WR is busted. > > OK. Look at his pick rate to his win rate , and look at urgot winrate to his pick rate.
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1KveBNbO,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-09T01:59:49.626+0000) > > Look at his pick rate to his win rate , and look at urgot winrate to his pick rate. 7.8%, he's the 48th most popular champion. Hardly astounding.
: PLEASE don't fucking ornn-ify aatrox.
I agree he'll do well against immobile champs. But the thing is, most champs, particularly viable ones, are mobile. So most viable champs are going to be a bad matchup for Aatrox, just based on his design. I think he'll be a niche pick-good vs those occasional immobiles, bad against everything else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ðeath XIII,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1KveBNbO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-08T20:13:57.363+0000) > > Do we disable ER Lucian because he has a way to use ER more effectively than other champs? No? Steraks got changed because ranged as a whole was abusing the shield. Why don't we also disable PTA for Shyv/Renek because they use it too well! WHY NOT. There is a big difference between Rene and Lucain, Rene is already busted with his stuns and healing during fury effect of his R plus add to them that his W keep proc easily basic attacks make it impossible to escape him when he use R and impossible to trade him as well due to his Healing and stuns. And i here talking about why urgot not allowed to have {{item:3053}} to stop that burst damage while some champions allowed to use things and abuse it like that.
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1KveBNbO,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-08T23:22:28.860+0000) > > There is a big difference between Rene and Lucain, Rene is already busted with his stuns and healing during fury effect of his R plus add to them that his W keep proc easily basic attacks make it impossible to escape him when he use R and impossible to trade him as well due to his Healing and stuns. > > And i here talking about why urgot not allowed to have {{item:3053}} to stop that burst damage while some champions allowed to use things and abuse it like that. 49.7% WR is busted. OK.
: Flash is too far gone at this point. It's so integral to the game that any change to it would screw things up, as many champions rely on it for combos. {{champion:79}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:1}} just to name a few. They don't want to create the same issue with TP, hence why they're nerfing it now.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XMhuua5Q,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-06T21:29:29.218+0000) > > Flash is too far gone at this point. It's so integral to the game that any change to it would screw things up, as many champions rely on it for combos. {{champion:79}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:1}} just to name a few. > > They don't want to create the same issue with TP, hence why they're nerfing it now. So instead of giving us the illusion of choice (that's to say, 99% of the time if you don't pick flash, you're wrong)-just make flash it's own seperate entity, a summoner spell you always get, + 2 others? This would definitely shake things up and open up lots of possibilities... Also goes to the question of why didn't they nerf it years ago when it started dominating the game after they nerfed ghost for the same reason? They touched it a couple of times but nothing substantial.
: Flash adds more interesting play into the game. Most other summoner spells don't really do that. Teleport makes it so if you die or screw up and have to do an early back, then you can just tp back to lane without having to worry. You can't really just delete something that has been so integral to the game for such a long time.
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XMhuua5Q,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-06T21:15:12.721+0000) > > Flash adds more interesting play into the game. Most other summoner spells don't really do that. Teleport makes it so if you die or screw up and have to do an early back, then you can just tp back to lane without having to worry. You can't really just delete something that has been so integral to the game for such a long time. Didn't say delete it, I said nerf it. Their reason is literally it's used to much-which Flash has the same issue but longer. I'd also argue it's stronger-so nerfing it for strength should mean nerfing flash too. The only reason not to nerf flash is LCS...which I think is the real reason. Flashy plays, and that's just crap. build for balance, not for plays.
: When I hear the original Draft Champion Select Theme
Old music was superb, new music...is not memorable. Not saying it's terrible, just kinda meh.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Vectros

Level 111 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion