: PSA: D is for DASH, F is for FIRE
D is for flash. Flash ults or any champ that requires or can benefit from an q/w/e-flash-ult combo is a lot easier on D because less movement and you can D-R with one finger.
PussNoShoes (EUNE)
: Aram and Gathering Storm
Some runes are completely useless on ARAM, and some are completely broken (Pressence of Mind anyone?) it is what it is. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Joli (NA)
: Evelynn Fan Art!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
: Good, bye. I hate Aatrox in his current state. I hate the fact that a champion is allowed a free GA just because he AA's a few times in combat and on a champion that is built to AA. And when he does revive if you bring him to 0, he can either kill you on the spot or just jump away. If this is enough to make toxic kit mains leave the game, good riddance.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pdIgmrts,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-06-16T00:29:48.136+0000) > > Good, bye. I hate Aatrox in his current state. > > I hate the fact that a champion is allowed a free GA just because he AA's a few times in combat and on a champion that is built to AA. And when he does revive if you bring him to 0, he can either kill you on the spot or just jump away. > > If this is enough to make toxic kit mains leave the game, good riddance. So, you "hate the fact that a champion is allowed a free GA just because he AA's a few times in combat" but you're all about "the fact that a champion is allowed a free GA because he **Presses R**" ?????? ??? ? **?**
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
Lately the ability to dive someone(s) under tower has become an expression of who has the bigger stick and not whether or not it was a good idea to even dive in the first place. While we don't think towers should be harder to take or do more damage, we do think players should have better options when deciding to defend a tower, or make better choices when diving someone defending one. New effect "Last Bastion" - When an enemy player enters allied tower range they will become marked after 1.5 seconds. Any attacks against the marked player will cause the turret to start attacking the enemy player. After three successful attacks or direct damaging abilities against the enemy player they will take 10/20/30% (scaling with level 0/11/16) more damage from the next turret shot they take. Leaving tower range prevents allies from proccing marks. Once marked, an enemy player will have to leave tower range for at 2.5 seconds to remove it. Towers will always prioritize the last champion in range struck by an attack or ability without reseting thier attack timer.
: We need a replacement for Warmogs in ARAM
Pikes passive (without the sight requirement, just out of combat) on a warmongs item(cdr + health + bonus scaling) would be literally percent Imo. Take a bad trade or fish for an engage and get **some** health back, without abusing the ability to constantly pressure and dip out to get back to full. Basically you'd get more chances to go in, and depending on the engage be able to fight again sometimes, but you wouldn't get unlimited chances or be able to perma soak poke for your team. Edit: we'll call it Waramongs
: That's competitive gaming for you. The only reason why you probably don't see other games complain as much is because it's all on voice chat and nobody ever gets banned.
> [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=r30YjvL9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-11T19:33:54.965+0000) > > That's competitive gaming for you. > The only reason why you probably don't see other games complain as much is because it's all on voice chat and nobody ever gets banned. And toxic blowhard gets perma muted in every lobby they go in becuase no one wants to listen to thier shit.
Elfezen (NA)
: Basically the new Aatrox
This entire thread is Keks. The dude who's inspired by winged humanoid demons looks similar to other dudes inspired by winged humanoid demons? Mind = blown
: We need the old balance team back. ghostcrawler and co. obviously have no idea what theyre doing
> [{quoted}](name=Süddenly Résets,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wzj3qLMp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-11T00:19:03.678+0000) > > We need the old balance team back. > ghostcrawler and co. obviously have no idea what theyre doing The guy who single handedly destroyed WoW at its height and made the entire community turn against him with his meddling and changes has no idea what he's doing? Really?
: I've found what will kill LOL
I started playing preseason six. Can confirm as this shits still ingrained in my brain. I probably wouldn't have kept playing if not sheer stubbornness and the fact that I was playing in the first place because of my now wife (which is the only reason I continue to play at all). The toxicity isn't what bugged me. It's the absolutely rediculous non existent matchmaker for normal games. I remember having like 30 games expirience, getting my ass handed too me, only to see my lane opponent was playing his role and lane main with over **two thousand wins**in the post game lobby (back when you could see that shit, funny how it's hidden now). So best case scenario he's a God player and has a 66% winrate, that's still **three thousand games of expirience** literal thousands of hours and years of game knowledge, vs somebody who's played the game for a few weeks. This wasn't exclusive to that's one game, it's the most erroneous example and remember it best because I had a chat with the fellow (I was bitching about the Matchmaker) and he told me if I didn't like it to play blind pick because worse/newer people play blind. To which my response was "oh okay, so I have to play an shitty game mode if I want to avoid a shitty matchmaking system". Makes alot of sense, right? Frequently I'd find myself up against people with several hundred wins, a lot up above 500. I got them on my team too, but that's equally as bad of an expirience. Games are so fun when someone goes 30/0 on either team and just blasts down a lane and ends it in 15 minutes when le you have no idea what's going on or what you're supposed to be doing, right? After almost three years of playing though, I can say without a doubt that my first impressions where absolutely correct. The matchmaker is still shit. You can either play ranked and bathe in the wonderful glorious toxicity that it brings with it, people litteraly trying to just ruin other people's day, for the sake of 'fair' games. Or you can play norms and deal with wildly swinging teammates wondering why you got absolutely shit stomped only to find out your bronze ass was laning against a diamond or platinum on thier main warming up for ranked. So I play ARAM, maybe once a week with my wife, when she finally pouts enough to get me to play. It's not that I don't like a coin flip, let the fates decide, see where the cards fall, some other cliche about chance, but if I do want to gamble, I'll go gambling, I don't want it in my games. Theres a millions variables why league could and will eventually die. This is certainly one, but with Tencent acquiring larger and larger stakes in PUBG and Fornite, that's what will kill league. Tencent has always and will always continue to milk what's good, and jump on what's hott. It's thier entire business model, they've made billions by doing nothing other than buying shit up when it's becoming a sensation and on the rise. League is in the milking phase, it's plateaued. The company has its attention elsewhere. If ya'll really want to save league then stop playing other Tencent games. You're just paying the same company through another avenue, and fortifying the idea that they should move on from League and focus thier capital sledgehammer in a different direction.
NA Omega (NA)
: The rules state that if the team does not agree to a surrender you must play the game out to the best of your ability. Digging deep for the massive outplays and superior strategy.
> [{quoted}](name=Flas,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WRiJAHaA,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-06-06T22:46:23.717+0000) > > Sometimes it's spite. Pure, unadulterated spite. Sold by the kilo under tables. You will suffer as I have suffered.
: Well since they wont have some multiplayer gimmick like other "singleplayer" " games in the genre do they are looking for a way to supplement sales of the game. They never expected their games to become so popular with modding the way elderscrolls and fallout have and now figure they are owed money for it. Im not super in on any of the recent news but that's what I think.
> [{quoted}](name=FutanariiRiven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=844PlHP5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-06T04:17:57.966+0000) > > Well since they wont have some multiplayer gimmick like other "singleplayer" " games in the genre do they are looking for a way to supplement sales of the game. They never expected their games to become so popular with modding the way elderscrolls and fallout have and now figure they are owed money for it. Im not super in on any of the recent news but that's what I think. Had the modding community not done all the work that they have, and turned these games into what they are, Bethesda would be worth exponentially less than they are now and there would be no "76"or new elder scrolls because there wouldn't be a demand for it. And if it was, they wouldn't have a fraction of the funds they do now, and they'd be lesser games. At the end of the day, most Bethesda games are absolute buggy glitchy messes of shit by themselves. If anything they should be Giving back to the community that did all thier work for them and fixed thier shitty games, and went beyond to turn them into something amazing and gave a one time purchase affair the longevity that they did. Hell they don't even have to bug fix and patch, the community does that too. Tbh it's just EA wannabe Bullshit, and I'll be damned if I'm buying this unless they abandon that crap. What's really sucks is the thousands of people and kids who cant see beyond the game itself and won't speak with thier money, and there won't be a big enough financial protest to deter this behaviour, like there never is. Guess I'll just have to add them to the list if this goes through, Tencent isn't far behind. At this rate my blacklist will include so many companies that I won't be able to game at all... Hopefully others follow suit, then maybe we can get back to having more than 2 quality game releases per year. If you stop paying money for piles of shit painted gold by crooks, eventually they'll get back to trying to make the pile of shit better beyond just painting over it and hide the smell.
: What were people expecting exactly when crit was nerfed?
First thing I thought when these changes were announced was that they'd miss the mark. I was wrong, I'll admit that. Tbh, crit is basically gutted in the current state of game presented. It's economically garbage compared to all other builds unless you blow the doors off and snowball relentlessly (in which case balance goes out the window no matter who you play, so it's a shit argument). The second thing I thought when I saw these changes was "FUCKING FUCK {{champion:236}} is back in the meta and he's been being buffed for months, FUCK he's gonna be disgusting." To that I was pretty spot on.
F1SHEYES (NA)
: "Can I copy your homework?"
Tencent should sue themselves for copying thier own design.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Martyrofsand,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YAwfffeu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-30T04:22:06.634+0000) > > The excuses for why it happens are irrelevant next to the fact that it **_SHOULD NOT HAPPEN_** and this is a very easy thing to prevent. There is zero justification for this happening EVER. Explain how it is "easy to prevent"? The easiest solution is probably to sync the MMR between the modes. But syncing one's Ranked MMR with Normal MMR will break the MMR system, whether it's only 1-way or 2-ways. This is also not counting the fact high elos may simply end up having no matches to be played (why would a high elo player who has barely played Normal suddenly be playing Normal? One of the possible reason is that they have no matches in Ranked and so they go to Norms), as well as that it also threatens many Rankers' routine of using Norms as a testing ground given a change like that would make Normal as competitive as Ranked for them. Once more, I'm pretty sure it sucks big balls when shit happens, but still understand the fact Normal ultimately does not count towards anything.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YAwfffeu,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-30T04:29:00.316+0000) > > Explain how it is "easy to prevent"? > > The easiest solution is probably to sync the MMR between the modes. But syncing one's Ranked MMR with Normal MMR will break the MMR system, whether it's only 1-way or 2-ways. This is also not counting the fact high elos may simply end up having no matches to be played (why would a high elo player who has barely played Normal suddenly be playing Normal? One of the possible reason is that they have no matches in Ranked and so they go to Norms), as well as that it also threatens many Rankers' routine of using Norms as a testing ground given a change like that would make Normal as competitive as Ranked for them. > > Once more, I'm pretty sure it sucks big balls when shit happens, but still understand the fact Normal ultimately does not count towards anything. You know... There's some grey area... Not everything has to be 0 or 100. I dunno ... Say... having your ranked MMR factor into your normal MMR so that it creates parameters of outliers so that when you go into normal you can only be ± 5 divisions? There's a fuck ton of options beyond "just combine everything and then I'll have a strawman argument for the boards lel".
: it is?
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning I,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=LjBrlaeP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-30T10:54:56.855+0000) > > it is? Every June dude.
: What is a Yasuo Nerf Called?
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0m7Sy
: It's also the meta where tank mains cry out, "Wahh why does {{champion:67}} have to do true damage? It's so unfair! Our champs do %max HP too but at least it's physical/magical! SO UNFAIR!" It was an okay meta. It was a nice time where you didn't have to ask players play tank but it was also the time where people had the reaction times of a 4th grader in remedial math.
> [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B23Exf0K,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-30T02:59:26.028+0000) > > It's also the meta where tank mains cry out, "Wahh why does {{champion:67}} have to do true damage? It's so unfair! Our champs do %max HP too but at least it's physical/magical! SO UNFAIR!" > > It was an okay meta. It was a nice time where you didn't have to ask players play tank but it was also the time where people had the reaction times of a 4th grader in remedial math. Nobody in the last three years has bitched about Vayne outside of her Q crit changes in conjunction with Shiv Crit procs. Split damage carries have and forever will be the bane of any tanks existence becuase of economic efficiency, far beyond comparison of the now pitiful true damage to tanks that Vaynes third auto does. Especially when compared to shit like conquerer. If you're referencing complaints about an ever evolving game that old or or older, then quite frankly you're delusional and need to come back down to earth.
: URF is SUPPOSED to be broken as hell
I get that URF is supposed to be a shitshow. But some things, like {{champion:33}} being able to perma taunt you with powerball interrupts in-between, and {{champion:25}} Max Q AND W duration being longer than the CD, take it a tad bit too far imo.
: I feel like most of the people that complain about League are actively trying to NOT have fun
I don't go into the game with a shitty attitude. I don't rage about comps or matchups. I don't flame when myself or anyone else dies. I barely talk at all except to coordinate objective calls. Sometimes I feed, sometimes I carry. Some days i'm good, some days i'm bad. I don't meet any of your hyperbolic criteria, and can say without any emotional interjection, that this game sucks.
: F I V E S E C O N D S I N C O M B A T I don't think Wukong will buy this terrible item
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=boVlmU5N,comment-id=000300010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T20:07:00.291+0000) > > F I V E > S E C O N D S > I N > C O M B A T > I don't think Wukong will buy this terrible item I agree WuKong won't buy it, but you seem to not understand how the combat counter works.
: Personally, I think the worst part about this is that whichever negative reactions players have to this announcer are simply going to be picked up by Riot as an excuse not to sell announcer packs. We've already received wishy-washy excuses about how Riot didn't want to do those because of mixed player responses in the past, and this will only feed into that problem. This announcer's not great, and tbh SG Ahri was kinda cringy at times too, but Gangplank and Thresh were pretty unanimously well-received. Considering how announcer packs would only change the announcer for the player selecting them, these less popular announcers should never be held as an obstacle, and in spite of this new one, I think there's still an opportunity to be had. If nothing else, Riot has the audio assets for a few announcers already, so putting them on the store would be easy money. **TL;DR:** This announcer's not great, but previous announcers have been awesome, and many of us would pay good money to bring them back for ourselves individually. Please and thank you.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AsmQaAOe,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-05-14T03:47:10.213+0000) > > Personally, I think the worst part about this is that whichever negative reactions players have to this announcer are simply going to be picked up by Riot as an excuse not to sell announcer packs. We've already received wishy-washy excuses about how Riot didn't want to do those because of mixed player responses in the past, and this will only feed into that problem. This announcer's not great, and tbh SG Ahri was kinda cringy at times too, but Gangplank and Thresh were pretty unanimously well-received. Considering how announcer packs would only change the announcer for the player selecting them, these less popular announcers should never be held as an obstacle, and in spite of this new one, I think there's still an opportunity to be had. If nothing else, Riot has the audio assets for a few announcers already, so putting them on the store would be easy money. > > **TL;DR:** This announcer's not great, but previous announcers have been awesome, and many of us would pay good money to bring them back for ourselves individually. Please and thank you. Then Riot shouldn't have Phreak spout off a bunch of nonsensical Bullshit, trying to be a meme lord, if they want good feedback. The VOs you mention that were well received were pretty standard deviations from the script, with some added character flair. This is not even remotely close to that.
: Please Let's talk ♥☺
These emotes gave me diabetus.
: Nasus is way too strong in low elo and way too weak in high elo
Same could be said about most all splitpush champions.
Naymliss (NA)
: I hate yasuo as much as the next person
With ADCs being adressed. It's time to find something new to bitch about. Tis the circle of life on the boards. Assassin's are next I think.
: > [{quoted}](name=Banuvan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t8EGv6lH,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-05-07T02:16:24.590+0000) > > There used to be champion packs. Guess Riot all about them dollars now. The champion packs they had were never really worth much.
> [{quoted}](name=The Bearded Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t8EGv6lH,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-05-07T02:29:56.139+0000) > > The champion packs they had were never really worth much. Honestly, "Shitty skin and akward champion-pool bundle: Get 3 supports and the worst top lane and jungle in the game with the ugliest skins we made for them 8 years ago!" ~~8800RP~~ 8650RP!
: It's a little irresponsible at this point to not have a champion pack
> [{quoted}](name=The Bearded Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=t8EGv6lH,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-06T21:38:58.763+0000) > > There are over 140 champs in this game. There are so many that I don't even know how many there are. Offer a Champion Pack for 40 dollars and call it a day. You can still do your free week rotation, and individual champion buys, but at least offer a way to get all of the champions in one shot. > > This is coming from someone that has owned all the champions and bought them all with IP. I've played this game nearly since the beginning, I enjoyed the grind when it was like 40-60 champs and was fortunate from there to play enough to buy champions on release with IP, but it's impossible to get friends into this game when the task of getting all the champs is damn near impossible, especially when other mobas all have ways of easily and relatively cheaply getting all of the champions. What? $40 buys like 5 Champs lol.
: ADC Burst vs Squishies WAS NOT nerfed on the PBE and I have the math to prove it
I don't like these changes, they seem like fluff. I didn't even need to see the math to know that the resistance difference on most targets wouldn't account for much of a nerf when factoring true damage, only scaling upwards the more resistances they have. Hence one reason why true damage is an absolute cancer balancing switch. Rock Paper scissors is a Bullshit way to go about things because rock may beat scissors but sometimes it gets wet and fucks papers day up too. I could post more about why l this is dumb and how it will fail, but it'll be wasted effort as Riot knows best they said so. Fuck, the release post said initial testing has been showing mixed results and it seems they are already working on hair trigger nerfs to go along with the release, but this Bullshit will still get through. News flash, if you need to have backup nerfs ready and loaded for when your shit fails, maybe it's a pretty large slap in the dick to reconsidered wtf it is you're doing. Wtf kind of Don't touch the stove again if it burned you already, two year old could understand, kind or bullshit are you trying to pull Riot?
: First impressions: The current marksmen changes won't allow non-marksmen to go Bot Lane
Hate all you want, but the game has been directed toward MM/Support for 5-6 years. Opening up bot lane is just not a realistic goal or an achievable one. It would require an entirely community shift of some 60 million people, pro adaptation and trickle down, beyond extensive balance changes in the form of items, scalings, economics, power curves and budgets on mellee/mage champions, etc. Furthermore, for them to even start the shift. There would have to be a direct and targeted approach on "trial champions" that would require entire kit reworks and or completely new designs. You would have to make something to compete with ADCs range and damages directly. For the 5% who want Darius bot,do you think the other 95% are gonna be cool with riot just fucking his shit up one day and shoving him into a new lane? Probably not. And at that, do you expect riot to even come close to getting it right? Hell no. So basically. Give it up and try to enjoy the state of the game as it is. Bit lane being opened up has as much of a likely hood of happened as From Soft adding rainbow guns to Darksouls. Just not gonna happen, sorry.
: The List of changes to Marksmen and others that're coming to the PBE soon!
Ok, I get it. I guess. Less tripple damage and more predictable true damage streaming out, but... Adding shit for a dps class that provides upfront burst while simotaneously trying to elimate burst? Huh? What? Heeeelllooooo? Shivcrit/RFC with a now duskblade style proc and rune? I don't get it. Also, with all this true damage being thrown around, there's gonna be a huge shift into health stacking, more so than there already is. I could see some serious fucking problems with tanks only needing one Armor item and then MR and health stacking to effectively shut down both damage types for a lot less gold than before... I hope they are testing this shit right proper...
HeazonZ (NA)
: [LoL strip] NASUS NO
I was expecting some tassels and some funky music. I am disappoint.
: Doctor Kennen Inspecting if the Sona's Plastic surgery went well
Rosso (NA)
: to all fellow support mains
Supports like the most important role what are you talking about?
: You repeated yourself twice in here. So it's really just two problems. Asking for a role that your placed higher in but you are in role that is lower in rank. Which I would just look at as smurfing with out actually needing a second account but there is another problem with this which I will address in the answer for your second concern. Now about the auto filled thing. They are giving out rewards for winning a game on your secondary or auto filled role which is supposed to (To what extent of a reward I am not sure they didn't say anything specific) to give you more incentive to win that game. Now this causes a problem, let's say you are auto filled or got your second dairy role and you asked to switch and they are okay with it. Now you are getting rewarded for playing a role you're higher ranked in while being auto filled or secondary role which shouldn't happen. There obvious exploits they are going have to look at on this reward system which riot is always keen on. Now if you have problem with smurfing then that's another problem all together since riot doesn't look at that as a problem.
> [{quoted}](name=TwistedRebellion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X5KTPBWl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-26T01:24:28.709+0000) > > You repeated yourself twice in here. So it's really just two problems. Asking for a role that your placed higher in but you are in role that is lower in rank. Which I would just look at as smurfing with out actually needing a second account but there is another problem with this which I will address in the answer for your second concern. Now about the auto filled thing. They are giving out rewards for winning a game on your secondary or auto filled role which is supposed to (To what extent of a reward I am not sure they didn't say anything specific) to give you more incentive to win that game. Now this causes a problem, let's say you are auto filled or got your second dairy role and you asked to switch and they are okay with it. Now you are getting rewarded for playing a role you're higher ranked in while being auto filled or secondary role which shouldn't happen. There obvious exploits they are going have to look at on this reward system which riot is always keen on. Now if you have problem with smurfing then that's another problem all together since riot doesn't look at that as a problem. I'm sure there's a very easy way to track where a player spent most of thier time CSing for the first 7 minutes of the game that would prevent all of this. Give minions different tags and codes so when you kill them they register as top mid jungle or bot to determine final role played. If you buy a support item and don't CS much, obviously a support, jungle item and camps etc. There's multiple analytical systems(builds, initial lane opponent, and CS location come to mind first and foremost) that COULD be Implimented too, when working together, very accurately determine the role you finished the game in, as opposed to the one you started with in champ select. Whether or not riot will do this is another thing.
Giliorius (EUW)
: The biggest issue with the 2019 ranked format
You are missing something. LP is LP. MMR is MMR. Your MMR in an off role will be less stable to begin with, and probably lower than your actual role because smaller sample size, unless you always Stomp your off role. In which case if you do Stomp your off role, the loses against higher opponents will correct it much quicker becuase of the smaller sample size. MMR differences between roles will not be huge anyways, a division or two, three at the VERY most when it comes to primary vs secondary. And so, is there much difference between a silver 3 Support and a silver 1 support? Ehhhh... Mechanically, I'd say not, that should come down to game knowledge wich has nothing to do with what role you play, you should understand the entirety of the game. When you get higher up, and the games are tighter, sure, but there's also the caveat that the higher you go the more willing (usually) players are to switch around and get everyone on to a comfortable role. LP sets your general placement on the ladder, MMR fine tunes it. All these changes will do is prevent a 1424 MMR game vs 1430 MMR game from becoming one where Top is 1380 mmr vs 1480 mmr, and vice versa in say, mid for the other team. It will shrink the MMR differences of the opponents in the lane. So instead of top getting shit on on one team, and mid getting shit on by the other (and two players basically having thier game fucked by the matchmaker) the "high MMR" players in that game will be in the same lane against each other. You'll still have a stronger and better opponent on the other team( and teammate on yours) but won't have to deal with them directly from the start of the game and auto lose/win becuase of it. I'd imagine, LP will still be aggregated based on the total team MMR to protect abuse by duo smurfs and boosters. Overall MMR Will and has to still be a factor or you'll end up with several divisions of difference across the roles and a total cluster fuck of games. The games are probably going to be exactly the same MMR wise as far as total allowed difference goes, with tighter limitations on the difference of who is allowed to opposite you're role. If it isn't, then there's literally no point to this change. *If it is, then swapping roles with somebody in champ select will be functionally exactly the same as it is now given there's a cap on the total difference allowed on the overall MMR of the team*. Currently you run the risk of being up against a main or smurf and someone significantly better than you in said role that you're Autofilled into or swap with. After that change, the risk will be the same, but with more emphasis on when you do get games in your own role, it will be more consistent and enjoyable. That's how I understand it anyways. One last edit. Maybe MMR is factored across all roles, so of you do get Autofilled as a ~1300 support against another ~1300 support, when you're usually a 1400 midlane. Would that still also not Improve the game quality instead of just getting paired against an enemy 1400 support because "overall MMR"? To the people saying these changes pigeon hole people Into roles, wouldn't that encourage you to play off roles if you're opponent isn't going to be miles better than you EVERY single time you get filled? Maybe you don't get as much LP if you win, but you enjoyed the game more and still won?
: Fact and fiction: Mana changes
You mentioned that its a Nerf to very late game mana and a hefty buff for the rest of the game. To me, that's exactly the problem. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with and *overall* mana nerf to all mages, the infinite mana mages with built in mana sustain and who go for double scaling with rod and tear, are going to be even stronger with these changes than they were before, which is exactly who these changes are most directed at. The only good thing to come out of this change is the 1300 gold lost chapter, meaning Viktor is going to be a badass again in ludens mage match ups becuase they'll both be having the same back timings, and I'm all about that.
: I played a game once where our top laner just gave up like 10 mins in and proceeded to complain the entire game. We could have won but no one was going in on fights and everyone was pretty much just floundering about. The most fun part for me is the comeback, but no one wants to get in on that it seems.
> [{quoted}](name=kokokrispeez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8Aho9zap,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-04-24T14:22:51.259+0000) > > I played a game once where our top laner just gave up like 10 mins in and proceeded to complain the entire game. We could have won but no one was going in on fights and everyone was pretty much just floundering about. The most fun part for me is the comeback, but no one wants to get in on that it seems. This kills my soul. There's nothing worse than having a lead, being Stat wise, and map control-wise, able to close the game, but everyone is just dicking around not doing anything with the advantage. Even if you have someone who has game knowledge making good calls like I try too in every game I play. "win teamfight 3 for 0, ping tower, ping baron" and everyone dicks around doing the tower or chasing last two kills, so there's no time to do baron because they respawned and are running back to contest. Or they try anyways despite your best effort to ping and or actually type "no we can't now, we're too low and they're back up" and wipe and give up baron to a team that can't use it for anything becuase they're so far behind, making the game even more unnecessarily long. Drives me absolutely insane.
: it's almost as if the more you win the more you get matched against better players causing you to lose, mind blowing
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eY8Kpq0G,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-04-24T14:44:57.686+0000) > > it's almost as if the more you win the more you get matched against better players causing you to lose, mind blowing Then why don't you so get partied with better players? Hmmmmmmmmmm? HMMMMMMMMMM?
KoKoboto (NA)
: Well LeBlanc got her recent revert so her playrate should be pretty high atm. I gotta ask tho how many of those games are you actually losing? Yeah playing against an assassin can be unfun sometimes (personally idc cause I'm fine playing against anything) but that doesn't mean you're gonna lose the game ya? Like at least against an assassin you gotta think more, when you're against another mage it just becomes waveclear 24/7 xD
> [{quoted}](name=KoKoboto,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tig1EqZ,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-04-23T03:50:34.331+0000) > > Well LeBlanc got her recent revert so her playrate should be pretty high atm. I gotta ask tho how many of those games are you actually losing? Yeah playing against an assassin can be unfun sometimes (personally idc cause I'm fine playing against anything) but that doesn't mean you're gonna lose the game ya? Like at least against an assassin you gotta think more, when you're against another mage it just becomes waveclear 24/7 xD Initial stats show LeBlanc a playrate, winrate and ban rate climbing steadily, with her ban rate approaching 50% in KR.
: If they want to nerf waveclear why not just cap certain abilities' damage to minions like they (essentially) do in jungle. The changes riot has on the PBE server will just help mages that can waveclear in one or two abilities like Ekko or Taliyah but put other mages in the dumpster. Why are they nerfing waveclear so much though? Was it ever a big problem?
> [{quoted}](name=Crispy0Snake,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J0jInUfW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-21T21:15:22.719+0000) > > If they want to nerf waveclear why not just cap certain abilities' damage to minions like they (essentially) do in jungle. The changes riot has on the PBE server will just help mages that can waveclear in one or two abilities like Ekko or Taliyah but put other mages in the dumpster. > > Why are they nerfing waveclear so much though? Was it ever a big problem? They're nerfing wave clear becuase it creates an "non interactive laning expirience". Nevermind all the damage, snowballing, jungle threat, and literally NECESSITY to be ready to run/TP bot at a moments notice to gank/counter gank with tower and dragon pretty much guaranteed with whoever wins that first ganagbang.... No, it's the wave clear that's the issue.
Ifneth (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Teslyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yEROUnFZ,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2018-04-19T23:50:12.933+0000) > > If that is the case than its early game you are worried about.. but late game they should feel satisfying .. > if they are crippling them early game they should increase the mana growth of all casters to compensate. It’s the mid-game. I shouldn’t just be able to buy Tear of The Goddess and then just have no mana problems. It’s a really strong item. 15% mana refund plus 4 Max Mana on spell-cast is effectively a 19% reduction of a 100 mana cost spell. It’s even stronger on cheaper spells—hence the dominance of spell-slingers like Cassio. They could solve a lot of the problems by just moving the refund to Archangel’s Staff and making you have to base before getting the mana you’ve earned. Tear users would still stack tear, but they would have no reason to start Archangel’s Staff instead of, say, Rod of Ages.
Conceptually. Making mages rely more heavy on thier mana bar is fantastic. A flat nerf across the board is a terrible, terrible way to go about it though. > [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yEROUnFZ,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-20T01:18:57.188+0000) > > It’s the mid-game. I shouldn’t just be able to buy Tear of The Goddess and then just have no mana problems. It’s a really strong item. 15% mana refund plus 4 Max Mana on spell-cast is effectively a 19% reduction of a 100 mana cost spell. It’s even stronger on cheaper spells—hence the dominance of spell-slingers like Cassio. > > They could solve a lot of the problems by just moving the refund to Archangel’s Staff and making you have to base before getting the mana you’ve earned. Tear users would still stack tear, but they would have no reason to start Archangel’s Staff instead of, say, Rod of Ages. Glad you mention Cass and Rod becuase therein lies the problem. If you nerf mana sustain across the board. Champs like Cass (who will not give two shits about these changes) who have built in mana batteries, will become MORE dominant than they already are. A good Cass can already farm for free and all her harass comes at Zero cost to her wave clear as long as she has enough mana for an E, just one E, and she can farm infinitely. Now in a lane where shes up against a {{item:3285}} or {{item:3030}} or {{item:3152}} user, she's just gonna start {{item:1027}} back at 500 gold for tear and pots, and relentlessly shove waves on the tower with even more free harass and a stronger mana battery, while those Champs can't do fuck all for thier mana for another 700 gold other than the now nerfed {{item:1056}} or a {{item:2033}} that's probably out of charges if you can't match her back. The worst abusers of Tear are the ones who build RoA first after the first tear purchase (btw it's getting buffed). Thier midgame spike will be just as hard, thier mana sustain will be just as obnoxious, and everyone else will be left in the dust becuase they WILL be forced out of lane due to mana issues. The Champs these changes are most directed at will not give a single fuck about them other than a bit less AP in the end, while the ones who already need to manage thier mana to an extent, are gonna get fucked. This is going to be very bad if they just nerf everyone equally, because not everyone is equal when it comes to mana dependency.
Ultîma (NA)
: There's a logical gap in how the mana changes are being applied
Anivia (and many others, Karthus included) will be fine. Especially with the new {{item:1027}} start meta that's going to happen instantly after these changes go live. You don't want us to sustain in lane until our first back? Fine. Now everyone that uses them are just going to rush blue crystals and early back for {{item:3070}} or {{item:3010}}. With the larger starting mana pool and a crystal, they won't need the early sustain now that you're giving them a shorter trip to thier core sustain anyways. TP back into lane and relentlessly shove to starve any laner that doesn't do the exact same or needs to wait 200-600 gold more for{{item:3802}}. I can see it now. Especially since they want to buff {{item:3027}} (which btw, is the entire problem with Archangels users, the ones who build both, and you're buffing it, omegalul) in the same patch as nerfing {{item:3802}}. If you use {{item:3802}} and don't get a lead you're going to be literally fucked against any tear or rod user you come up against because you'll never be able to leave lane without missing waves and falling behind, being punished just for needing more gold to tap your mana usage. Every {{item:3802}} user will become by default {{champion:112}} and will have just as hard of a time doing anything for the first 8 minutes of the game until the second blue buff as he has since the great and wonderful mage item update. Way to show the player base you know fuck all Riot. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Sometimes riot fucks up, and it's like yea that sucks. But these mana changes are the most Detached and clueless fucking thing I've seen come out the balancing team in a long damn time. Just like making objectives more rewarding to excite pro play does the exact fucking opposite, NERFING INHERENT MANA SUSTAIN FOR EVERY SINGLE MAGE ACROSS THE BOARD is going to make the Champs who have built in sustain, abuse tear and rod already, and don't care about these changes as much EVEN MORE FUCKING POWERFUL THAN THEY ALREADY ARE. Literally yesterday a thread about "please don't let LoL become runescape" and what it would take to kill League. And it was all about "alienating part of your player base through changes they don't like, making them leave your game". Literally one day later they come out with these bone headed Bullshit changes that alienates a MASSIVE portion of their player base. I'm all for mana meaning something, but this flat nerf across the board is the most wrong way to approach it on so many levels. It's going to be bad if this is what goes through. Tear and rod uses will amass such a massive gap of power in the form of mana sustain over everyone else, that riot will have to spend the next two years trying to slap bandaid fixes on every single individual champion they've fucked up, just like the assassin update. Sorry, I'm mad, I know this isn't the thread, but I just saw they were buffing {{item:3027}} and I lost my mind. There's never been a more defining moment of "we have no idea wtf we're doing" for me from riot, ever, than buffing {{item:3027}} in the same patch you're trying to "fix" mana sustain abusers and nerfing the cost of {{item:3802}}, completely fucking solo {{item:3285}} and {{item:3030}} users, who are already having to balance mana usages. /rant
Zed genius (EUNE)
: you're literally clueless about this game lol. "entering with full energy is not what I said is hard. Entering with no mana is not hard either. The thing that is actually hard is the fact that a full rotation makes you go energy on champs with energy, hence why akali can\t stack cdr, she runs out of energy if she spams e, hence why zed is out of energy if he misses his double q, hence why shen taunt costs half his energy bar etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Zed genius,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UVnEQfv1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T17:16:39.931+0000) > > you're literally clueless about this game lol. "entering with full energy is not what I said is hard. Entering with no mana is not hard either. The thing that is actually hard is the fact that a full rotation makes you go energy on champs with energy, hence why akali can\t stack cdr, she runs out of energy if she spams e, hence why zed is out of energy if he misses his double q, hence why shen taunt costs half his energy bar etc. Speaking of literally clueless, every energy champion has built in energy sustain. If you execute your combo, and get the returns that are in place, you will have more than enough energy for another combo even without the static regen. MOST energy Champs have enough built in sustain to get off upwards of three consecutive combos in a fight if they hit thier combos and get thier returns, this is without any downtime outside of Cooldowns. On some Champs like {{champion:238}}, there is some skill expression here as it requires hitting enemies with your Shadows. But for literally everyone else, it's as simple as auto attacking. So...no, especially no with your examples of shen and akali who have the best energy sustain of any of the energy based Champs. If shen hits his taunt>triple auto buff, that's 200-250 energy returned at w rank one if he hits his Q sword pull too, and a double Q akali if executed properly with a Q>wait 4 seconds>Q>R>AA>E>Q lands>AA, will be at full or near full energy after the combo. So... No, no "management" outside of "do your stuff". Stay in school kids.
: Another nerf hits mages/enchanters directly by nerfing them and indirectly by nerfing their items
Riot with these changes: "YOU WILL BUILD ARCHANGELS! AND YOU WILL TAKE MANAFLOW BAND WITH THE NEW PRESEENCE OF MIND! Outside of that, you can totally play the game how you want too!" {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: I will defend Warwick's design to the death, but I don't understand at all why his balance has remained untouched for so long, when he's been overperforming for quite some time. He may not have competitive presence, but he's become a monster at all other elos, and so for months now. The OP is also right in that he's not particularly difficult to balance, at least in my personal opinion, because ultimately most of his power boils down to some very basic variables that each achieve a specific goal. If, for example, the issue is with his self-healing (which seems to be the case), then a basic fix would be to tone down his on-hit magic damage, and increase his base AD if need be. Alternatively, if the problem is with his Q providing too much burst healing, then changing the healing percentage would solve the matter. What annoys me as well with Warwick is that I think he actually deserves buffs in certain respects: his Q coding is awkward and unresponsive, and deserves to be streamlined into a model where Q immediately provides a dash + bite, and only afterwards has him swing around if he holds the ability. His R hitbox is also notoriously thin, and reacts so badly with latency that it sometimes looks like he passes clean through his opponent and still misses. Improving these I think could have a major and beneficial impact on Warwick's gameplay, but as long as he remains in his current balance state, any change that would benefit him will continue to remain off the table. I'd gladly sacrifice some of his baseline power if it meant implementing these fixes, and I think we would all appreciate a Warwick with better responsiveness and fewer free stats. As for Janna, she's getting her movement speed and W damage nerfed by 5 each next patch: I feel these changes will have a larger impact on her than most think, but I don't think it will knock her off her throne anytime soon either. Janna's consistently had an extremely high win and play rate for entire seasons now, and I feel at this point any change that affects her is also likely to upset the competitive scene, which continues to heavily rely on her.
> [{quoted}](name=Teridax68,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P4h9bTbf,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-04-17T05:07:53.075+0000) > > I will defend Warwick's design to the death, but I don't understand at all why his balance has remained untouched for so long, when he's been overperforming for quite some time. He may not have competitive presence, but he's become a monster at all other elos, and so for months now. The OP is also right in that he's not particularly difficult to balance, at least in my personal opinion, because ultimately most of his power boils down to some very basic variables that each achieve a specific goal. If, for example, the issue is with his self-healing (which seems to be the case), then a basic fix would be to tone down his on-hit magic damage, and increase his base AD if need be. Alternatively, if the problem is with his Q providing too much burst healing, then changing the healing percentage would solve the matter. > > What annoys me as well with Warwick is that I think he actually deserves buffs in certain respects: his Q coding is awkward and unresponsive, and deserves to be streamlined into a model where Q immediately provides a dash + bite, and only afterwards has him swing around if he holds the ability. His R hitbox is also notoriously thin, and reacts so badly with latency that it sometimes looks like he passes clean through his opponent and still misses. Improving these I think could have a major and beneficial impact on Warwick's gameplay, but as long as he remains in his current balance state, any change that would benefit him will continue to remain off the table. I'd gladly sacrifice some of his baseline power if it meant implementing these fixes, and I think we would all appreciate a Warwick with better responsiveness and fewer free stats. > > As for Janna, she's getting her movement speed and W damage nerfed by 5 each next patch: I feel these changes will have a larger impact on her than most think, but I don't think it will knock her off her throne anytime soon either. Janna's consistently had an extremely high win and play rate for entire seasons now, and I feel at this point any change that affects her is also likely to upset the competitive scene, which continues to heavily rely on her. Warwick seems to balanced around his unreliability. Much like {{champion:35}}, because he has some bugs that can completely fuck him at times, he's allowed to be "stronger" than the baseline would dictate in some areas to compensate for the fact that he was coded by a moth using a light bright.
TS Media (NA)
: I hope they're reducing ambient gold, global gold and catchup exp as well.
> [{quoted}](name=TS Media,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gdzOBgma,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-16T18:16:18.623+0000) > > I hope they're reducing ambient gold, global gold and catchup exp as well. This needs fixed first Imo. It's a big part of the problem. I saw an NB3 clip where he had almost 100 CS and was 4-0 and the enemy Lee had 44 CS and was 0-3......both level 9.... Like wtf riot.
: Can we Tone down Khazix's stealth for fuck sake?
I have a loose working theory that, ever since the Lee nerfs, and the removal of trackers knife, riot 'needs' a strong gank jungler, something to excite and break up the tank meta, and that role has been placed upon Khazix. Just a theory, but I can't find any other reason to keep him this strong given he's one of the only non tank junglers taken in pro play.
Barcid (NA)
: The Zed compensation buffs made Zed worse to deal with while fixing nothing about his late-game
I've been permanently banning Zed every time I play mid since those buffs. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they went way to fucking far. I'd rather just never have to deal with it than to ever have to expirience it first hand.
Annoxis (EUW)
: @Riot @Everyone - Game Desgin Discussion : Is counterplay really that great of a design ?
Only Issue I have with counterplay is the hidden power that usually always comes with it. Champs are made harder, and thus get free passes on some things, usually in the form of damage, so that when executed to a high level, they are in fact stronger than the baseline would dictate. A good example of this is Draven. His axe juggling mechanic awards him free power in certain situations to counterbalance the predictability of his movements and the micro that they require. However, If a tresh hooks and flays and ults me and draven gets to walk toward you in a straight line, it eliminates the machines but still awards the free power. Where as if I have a Thresh do the same on an Ashe, I don't get that same free damage because I'm not balanced around a gimmick. That's just an example, but there's a lot other Champs that have similar behaviors, where in certain situations, the complexity of thier mechanics are rendered inconsequential, but they still get thier free power bonuses that are innately built into thier kit.
: Why do I have to go into settings for a bigger minimap?
It's not that hard to hop In a custom match with some bots and set your style and UI to what works for you. Here I am changing keybind settings and sensitivities based on what champ I play, every match, and you're worried about the minimap. As far as it's size. 1. 300% would get in the way of what's going on on screen, I can't see how a lot of people who would actually want that. 2. Something about information is power and proper use of your minimap is a skill and sets players apart. If it was bigger it would be easier. Another element of skill stripped from the game. 3. Unified competitive advantage/disadvantage. Same reason everyone can only zoom out the same distance. You don't have to agree with 2 and 3 all you want but it is what it is and those are two big reasons why it is how it is.
Show more

Venomar

Level 62 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion