: I would rather the game be fun to play.
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LobE5Afy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-03T18:07:29.550+0000) > > I would rather the game be fun to play. Agreed. Every year Esports continues existing is a bad year for Esports.
: Thank you League for suspending my account for 14 days
You were in deeper than I was. I never lost sleep over the game but I did spend a few nights inside when I could have been out being a normal person. Enjoy your new found freedom and never buy into any other life eating video games in the future as they will always let you down.
: Why do top laners get tilted easier?
Because top lane is where a majority of the Gnar mains go. Gnar mains are notoriously hard tilters.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4wJ7gN7y,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2018-10-23T07:23:13.343+0000) > > Not to be mean but... get used to it. They will probably up the ante next year with something even more underhanded. You should consider leaving the game before that happens though. You'll be glad you did, trust me. yeah I wouldn't be surprised if things get worse from here. I haven't spent more than $20 since at least season 6
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4wJ7gN7y,comment-id=001300000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T22:35:48.159+0000) > > yeah I wouldn't be surprised if things get worse from here. I haven't spent more than $20 since at least season 6 They will. But you're going to be smart enough to be gone before that happens.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T09:14:17.961+0000) > > From the sound of it, not many people who enjoy the game are left. They're only sticking around because they feel obligated to keep playing because they have already been here for X amount of years. And they can get out whenever they want to, but there's better games and more rewarding things they can be doing with their time. More time spent on this game is time you would get less enjoyment than if they went elsewhere with their time. I think people that do not enjoy the game are more vocal then others that just play and enjoy it, league is declining yes but that happens to all games eventually.
> [{quoted}](name=Autsim,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T09:54:37.815+0000) > > I think people that do not enjoy the game are more vocal then others that just play and enjoy it, league is declining yes but that happens to all games eventually. World of Warcraft and Starcraft are still going strong. Counter Strike can maintain a strong player base across all of its installments. Rocket League is getting a good following. I think we just bought into the wrong game.
: IMO: yea the game is terrible.. but i still play it and i have no idea why... i don't enjoy the gameplay, i don't like the 140+ champion pool. i dont like the owners policies of the game, the community is really toxic and i rarely meet anyone that betters my life...
> [{quoted}](name=I Like Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-23T07:27:35.311+0000) > > IMO: yea the game is terrible.. but i still play it and i have no idea why... i don't enjoy the gameplay, i don't like the 140+ champion pool. i dont like the owners policies of the game, the community is really toxic and i rarely meet anyone that betters my life... I quit cold turkey. I just uninstalled and then found other stuff do with my time. But it sounds like you're ready to leave so whenever you're ready just uninstall it and stay off the forums for a few months so you aren't guilt tricked into coming back. If you feel like you're going to miss any friends you made from here just give them your steam info or your email and tell them you'll see them around.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:52:33.745+0000) > > He's still in NY. He's in between jobs at the moment. I think he said he's going to go back to school to be an electrician or a blood nurse. Give him a call some time. He'd probably come see you if you make it back to the states. I'm still in that different time zone but I can definitely give him a call some time this week and catch up with him.
> [{quoted}](name=AnArousedCactus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T09:04:33.684+0000) > > I'm still in that different time zone but I can definitely give him a call some time this week and catch up with him. Thanks. I think he would really like that.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:41:41.447+0000) > > Lol, did you read what I wrote? I left over a year ago. I wrote this to convince others to do the same. You don't seem like you're at that point just yet but you will be. Just give it time. Riot will disappoint you in ways you will never see coming. I weren't talking specifically to you, I'm commenting on the opinion that people should quit. If people do not like the game anymore, then they should quit yeah, however, some people still enjoy playing league. We're talking about a video game here, not a stock market were you'll be in debt for the rest of your life if you don't get out in time.
> [{quoted}](name=Autsim,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T09:04:20.819+0000) > > I weren't talking specifically to you, I'm commenting on the opinion that people should quit. > > If people do not like the game anymore, then they should quit yeah, however, some people still enjoy playing league. > > We're talking about a video game here, not a stock market were you'll be in debt for the rest of your life if you don't get out in time. From the sound of it, not many people who enjoy the game are left. They're only sticking around because they feel obligated to keep playing because they have already been here for X amount of years. And they can get out whenever they want to, but there's better games and more rewarding things they can be doing with their time. More time spent on this game is time you would get less enjoyment than if they went elsewhere with their time.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:44:10.134+0000) > > Hey man, haven't seen you in a long while. Good to hear you're doing well for yourself in the Czech Republic. When are you coming back to the states? Hopefully around Thanksgiving time. Works been busy so its too early to tell if I'll be in town yet. Is your brother still in NY or did he move back out to PA?
> [{quoted}](name=AnArousedCactus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:48:26.585+0000) > > Hopefully around Thanksgiving time. Works been busy so its too early to tell if I'll be in town yet. Is your brother still in NY or did he move back out to PA? He's still in NY. He's in between jobs at the moment. I think he said he's going to go back to school to be an electrician or a blood nurse. Give him a call some time. He'd probably come see you if you make it back to the states.
: I'm about 2 years ahead of you. I'm in Europe now. And my girlfriend is now my fiancee, lol.
> [{quoted}](name=AnArousedCactus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:38:21.063+0000) > > I'm about 2 years ahead of you. I'm in Europe now. And my girlfriend is now my fiancee, lol. Hey man, haven't seen you in a long while. Good to hear you're doing well for yourself in the Czech Republic. When are you coming back to the states?
: Dude, it's a video game. Don't like the game?, then stop playing, thats all there is to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Autsim,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:37:29.374+0000) > > Dude, it's a video game. > > Don't like the game?, then stop playing, thats all there is to it. Lol, did you read what I wrote? I left over a year ago. I wrote this to convince others to do the same. You don't seem like you're at that point just yet but you will be. Just give it time. Riot will disappoint you in ways you will never see coming.
CakeMix (EUW)
: I think at this point most decent players have already left. All thats left is the cesspool of toxic players that circle jerk themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=CakeMix,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:20:52.552+0000) > > I think at this point most decent players have already left. > All thats left is the cesspool of toxic players that circle jerk themselves. Sounds about right.
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-10-23T07:51:33.270+0000) > > Lol, no. It was Riot changing their game to make it worse and worse. Where it is no longer rewarding to play the game anymore. But if you want to stick around longer to see first hand how much worse its going to get you can go right ahead. So Riot was preventing you from changing jobs, getting a girlfriend, and getting promoted, getting a car, etc? I dont have handcuffs on my wrists..... im not forced to play.... so i am very confused as to what you had happening to you. How was Riot forcing you to do things without your control or consent?
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfcub2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-10-23T08:02:00.055+0000) > > So Riot was preventing you from changing jobs, getting a girlfriend, and getting promoted, getting a car, etc? > > I dont have handcuffs on my wrists..... im not forced to play.... so i am very confused as to what you had happening to you. > > How was Riot forcing you to do things without your control or consent? Riot was preventing me from enjoying a game I once enjoyed. The fun was no longer there. I saw how futile it was to keep playing because more time in the game won't revive any fun the game once held. Riot ruined their own game. Me listing the things I achieved is to showcase what some of the other players still stuck in Riot's grasp could achieve for themselves if they uninstalled. The game is in a sorry state right now. It isn't going to improve. It is best to cut the losses now and move on.
: That doesnt sound like league was the issue. It sounded like your poor time management. Thats like someone saying they are overweight and so they blame the food. No, you were eating the food. The food has always been food. Not everyone that eats such food is overweight. ALSO no matter what anyone does, someone is going to be upset about what they did/how they did it. It isnt so much an abusive relationship. It is simply when there is so many opinions, and can only put out so much at a time... its like a family with vegans and meat lovers under the same roof. There will be disagreements on what to eat, and how to cook it depending on the people. You can not please everyone with a single thing at that point. So please, stop trying to blame Riot for Your problems.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfcub2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6imXuf34,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-23T07:34:05.356+0000) > > That doesnt sound like league was the issue. It sounded like your poor time management. > > Thats like someone saying they are overweight and so they blame the food. No, you were eating the food. The food has always been food. Not everyone that eats such food is overweight. > > ALSO no matter what anyone does, someone is going to be upset about what they did/how they did it. It isnt so much an abusive relationship. It is simply when there is so many opinions, and can only put out so much at a time... its like a family with vegans and meat lovers under the same roof. There will be disagreements on what to eat, and how to cook it depending on the people. You can not please everyone with a single thing at that point. > > So please, stop trying to blame Riot for Your problems. Lol, no. It was Riot changing their game to make it worse and worse. Where it is no longer rewarding to play the game anymore. But if you want to stick around longer to see first hand how much worse its going to get you can go right ahead.
: I was actually pretty mad when I got tricked by this. It's a scummy tactic.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4wJ7gN7y,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-10-23T00:45:29.674+0000) > > I was actually pretty mad when I got tricked by this. It's a scummy tactic. Not to be mean but... get used to it. They will probably up the ante next year with something even more underhanded. You should consider leaving the game before that happens though. You'll be glad you did, trust me.
: Worlds tokens grind...
My grind is going really well. Just did a bunch of overtime the last couple of weeks, I won a football bet with my friend tonight and I got a week off from work coming up at the end of the month. I'm trying to get my girl friend to take off that week too so we can go upstate and go apple picking, tour some breweries and hike some Appalachian trails.
Rioter Comments
: I just hate when a company does this
I really like that Riot did this. By Riot attempting to bribe their general player base and then hiding that bribe behind a pay wall, they found a way to superficially inflate their viewership numbers for this year's LCS (something they will brag about) while also finding yet another way to exploit their player base for money. FUCKING BRILLIANT! The combination of unfulfilled promises, flagrant self-promotion and shady business practices amounts to a WOMBO COMBO for TONS OF DAMAGE to Riot's integrity as a company to their consumer base. The way you learn from this is by not watching the LCS next year no matter what is promised to you. Because Riot is very likely to find a way to weasel out of any promises they make the community and find some way to profit through exploitation and underhanded microtransaction practices.
: What's the HUGEST thing you ever swallowed whole?
Taric the Gay wins. End the contest.
: Oh hey, an LA Times article about how Riot's PAX fiasco violated state and feder-
If you read the article and it pissed you off, let this be a lesson to you. A lot of media outlets put a good guy/bad guy spin on things. There's alway's two sides to a story and then there's the truth in the middle of it. Always have a hint of skepticism when being told the news.
: So I just learned that Riot is making a bigger game, and I want to share my thoughts if it is an MMO
: I did it. I fucking did it.
Platinum is hard to get to, but much easier than three seasons ago. A lot of people have ditched the game and quite a few were high ranking long time players. You got there partly due to your skill but largely because the competition dumbed itself down.
Vioforte (NA)
: SO, you say you MISS how League used to be?
Esports will be the downfall of League of Legends. And Overwatch. And PubG. And Fortnite. And any other future video games that buy into the "hype".
: Aatrox, Urgot, Xerath, and Pyke
None of the above. Quit the game because you are wasting your time here.
: how is your pickem looking so far?
My bracket is done. Yankees just got eliminated last night. I was calling an upset of them overthrowing the Red Sox but Sale had a good game and the Yankees offense only showed up in game 2. I still got the Astros making it to the ALCS and I got the Brewers beating the NL wild card with the Dodgers advancing to represent the NL. But my Dodgers & Yankees world series call got dismantled so I am pretty bummed about that.
: Wife and I are done supporting League over PAX event/RIOTer comments
I quit before any of this happened. Because I used my magical crystal ball to see into the future and saw that things weren't going to be improving. This isn't the end of Riot's shitty decision making so you all should either be intelligent and jump ship now or buckle up and prepare for the shit storm to get even shittier.
: Will the Official LOL Podcast return?
Short answer: No. Long answer: No. Because we know what's best.
: I'm so glad there's an option to disable esports notifications
Also, that "disable esports notifications" gets reenabled every season. Its obnoxious. It should auto remember that you don't want the notifications instead of going "I know you didn't want them last year but I'm hoping you changed your mind since that time. Here's a reminder that the Korean pussy goblins are about to face off against the Russian bear fuckers. You wouldn't want to miss all the immature drama that comes with it so here's another notification with pregame coverage! We even put cameras in the urinals so you can get an up close visual of the pissing contest that is about to commence! Click here now! No thanks Riot. Fix your fucking game.
CLG ear (NA)
: why dont u guys wanna watch esports
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WkAkX2wo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-10T17:29:27.034+0000) > > why dont u guys wanna watch esports Because I came to play the game not watch irate asian teenagers insult one another and be drama queens. I hate Esports because Riot spends so much time around broadcasting their drivel instead of improving the base game for the common player. Its a waste of their resources NOT as entertaining as playing the game for yourself.
: Is alistar strong against leona?
Yes. That is one of Alistair's best matchups. Leona is a hard engage, bursty, CC machine. Alistair's whole kit counters her. Alistair's passive allows him to outlast Leona's damage output, his pulverize disrupts her stickiness, his headbutt disengages her, his stampede just adds onto the disruption and his ultimate allows him to tank all the CC and damage Leona has in her kit.
: It's been a month since the PAX panel, Riot still won't speak a word on it.
Their silence speaks volumes. They were wrong. They know that they were wrong. They want people forgetting about it ASAP and the best way to do that is to not talk about it and wait for everyone to focus their attention on something else. It's a classic PR move.
: Who is the most prolific shit poster in all of GD?
Taric the Gay Maybe he's more of a troll but literally any thread referencing Ezreal and he just has to make an appearance.
: I don't mind offering you my lane, but don't be a bitch at me....
This happened to me a lot when I used to play. Top laner by choice, jungler by necessity. I especially hated when I would call top, someone would lock in Gnarbage and then call top after I had already called it. The tell me "but I already locked in so you have to go somewhere else." And because they picked the worst champion in the game I have to watch them lose the lane and rage quit 10 minutes ultimately losing me the game because they wanted to be a brat.
Ætheist (NA)
: Like all my friends who play this are Plat or Diamond and I literally lose pre-30 normals.
Don't base your self worth on a video game. Instead of playing this game do something more worthwhile with your time. Instead you should do some of the following things with your time: Join a gym and get involved with crossfit. Learn to play an instrument. Teach yourself how to cook. Find a local sports league and play a sport. Teach yourself how to fix common issues with your car (put on a tire, change the oil, replace a wiper blade, etc.) Learn a second language (so you can travel there and not hire a translator) And if you do any of the things I listed above I can guarantee you will feel way better about yourself than if you went on a 20 game winning streak in this video game.
: Pork is not a verb
You've made better shit posts in the past. I want the quality improved or else I'm taking away your anime.
: Why nobody watches esports.
I don't watch Esports not because its slow but because of all the other things wrong with it. It's stupid to watch irate asian teenagers smack talk one another in a video game while getting spammed with Riot's horrendous and obnoxious marketing.
WoOxêr (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oUmPiw80,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-03T03:55:16.006+0000) > > Just download steam. You're bound to find something on there. Steam free games are mostly shit. Perhaps he may like Smite or smth similar, Dota 2 lol.
> [{quoted}](name=WoOxêr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oUmPiw80,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-10-03T08:11:11.626+0000) > > Steam free games are mostly shit. > > Perhaps he may like Smite or smth similar, Dota 2 lol. I never said to only play the free games. There's thousands of games on steam and if he has $60 he can get nearly any game he wants and find more enjoyment in those games than in League of Legends.
: Uninstalling This Shit Game
Just download steam. You're bound to find something on there.
: Want idea for some Thresh main names
The Spectral Hooker Soul Angler IGotSoulsButImNotASoldier (probably too long) Will hook for Souls Lantern Man (probably taken) Just Grab the Damn Lantern
: Help Me Out of This Hole
> [{quoted}](name=BananaBoat12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WBBAp25x,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-29T22:35:03.275+0000) > > My go to top laners are Kled, Renekton, and **_Gnar_**. There's your problem. You locked in Gnar. You should stop doing that and you'll find you win more games. Gnar is a horrible champ who teaches you poor habits. Hit and run is NOT a good battle style for top lane. It really gimps your ability to team fight. Sure, Gnar can morph into a tank, but that lasts for what... 15 seconds? When Gnar morphs you disengage, wait him out (because he's super slow) and charge when he morphs back into a little shit. You're better off with Jayce or Darius.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chain Me Thresh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l3WERsEP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-29T20:34:06.177+0000) > > Weren't people purposely throwing or surrendering just so the enemy team would honour them? No one cared about the old honor system because it didnt give you anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Flamingdusk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=l3WERsEP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-29T21:27:31.799+0000) > > No one cared about the old honor system because it didnt give you anything. It gave you ribbons. But in all seriousness, I made a good portion of my friends list with people I met on the opposite team. I like to smack talk and it's fun finding people who can play the game the way I do.
Namîste (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W7EPQWcl,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-27T02:25:42.453+0000) > > Gnar, Teemo, Gnar, Draven, Gnar, Zed, Gnar, Lucian, Gnar, Vayne, Gnar, Twitch and Gnar. Gnar players being toxic? In a whole or just one you met? Cause I don't picture Gnar mains being toxic at all
> [{quoted}](name=Namîste,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=W7EPQWcl,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-09-27T02:56:51.301+0000) > > Gnar players being toxic? In a whole or just one you met? Cause I don't picture Gnar mains being toxic at all As a whole. Gnar mains are delusional cry babies. They always ended up feeding, flaming and rage-quitting in my games (usually in that order). You give them advice and they tell you off. You call them out on their mistakes and they mute you. You don't gank their lane because they are already 0-6 at 5 minutes in and they are flaming you in all-chat. Gnar mains are the absolute worst.
: certain champs with a toxic player base?
Gnar, Teemo, Gnar, Draven, Gnar, Zed, Gnar, Lucian, Gnar, Vayne, Gnar, Twitch and Gnar.
Jikker (NA)
: What's a shake weight?
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xqeuwFnz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-27T02:17:39.800+0000) > > What's a shake weight? Its a dumb bell that shakes back and forth in your hand. Basically its a vibrating dildo.
905 (EUNE)
: Top 3 best/worst abilities in the game.
Best: 1. Blitzcrank's rocket grab 2. Fizz's troll pole 3. Malphite's ultimate Worst: 1. - 3. Everything in Gnar's whole kit
Dysani (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=VesperNadal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LIhneycG,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-16T20:30:16.154+0000) > > Newsflash: Nobody cares. > > Just uninstall and move on with your life. No need to make a blog post about it. if no one cares, why would you make a post, warning me about people not caring?
> [{quoted}](name=Dysani,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LIhneycG,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-17T23:30:50.198+0000) > > if no one cares, why would you make a post, warning me about people not caring? Because you are saying nothing that hasn't been said before. You're just going to be ignored.
: Anyone quit this game fully?
I quit a year ago. And with all the spare time I used to give to playing the game I instead used to grow up and became an adult. I worked out more frequently, I went on more dates, I play cards with my roomates and friends, I worked on stuff to bolster my resume and I am so much happier because of it.
Dysani (NA)
: Today was my last game of league
Newsflash: Nobody cares. Just uninstall and move on with your life. No need to make a blog post about it.
Rioter Comments
: Games are more fun when you embrace the cheesy shit
The Halo series ended once Halo 3 was finished, as far as I am concerned. 343 Industries killed the vibe of the original. The first 3 games you were fighting a losing battle to save planet earth and the human race. Your battles and role in them felt like they meant something. Once Halo 4 rolled around it became EXACTLY like Black OPS, where they prioritized multiplayer over the storyline and the vibe was "lets see who can make the biggest explosion, isn't this fun?" It felt more like toddlers playing with live ammunition than a battle where every decision matters and lives hung in the balance. If they could bring the story line back to feeling like that, MAYBE they can revive the series. But everything Halo 4+ is garbage and not worthy of wearing the Halo name.
Show more

VesperNadal

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion