: Odd Placements in Flex
After being Plat V for the most part of Season 6 and finally demoting to Gold 1 at the very end and only getting Silver V from going 5-5 in Flex placement matches. Is this normal? Or I got screwed by the new queue? Also notice that my ranked wins aren't counting towards my stats but my loses are. Is that normal as well due to the preseason? I'm afraid that will tank what's left of my Flex MMR... This all seems bs. Being placed on the bad end of a very unbalanced match distribution while also having to deal with the same player-specific issues known to plague this game. Is noy easy when your team tanges from bronze to gold players while the enemy team is just a dream team is just full of plats, diamonds, and masters+. Ps. This all was on my main account. Not this one.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T18:08:53.717+0000) > > Yeah, got demoted to Gold 1 last week to unplayable server with lot's of people disconnecting for unknown reasons and for playing alone (my mistake). > > Jayce and Gnar only give him issues early but once you build your items you start to wear them down. > > He can still 100-0 squishies regardless of being villains, being the villain just helps doing it a lot faster and blowing tanks should they get marked. > > I play a very mobile build for him, meaning squishies need to be careful of going alone and it allows me to chase/escape more easily. > > Triforce users will pack a punch but not enough to kill you, and even if you find yourself low by them, you can easily get lost, wait for your passive to heal you back up and keep wearing them off till you have the kill potential. > > Trust me, he is definitely not meta, agree with that, but he is nowhere useless, I let that position to Morde. > > PS. I'm not following the boards, hence, my necro magic abilities but if he is indeed getting buffed then that's even better for me. have you played against people who spam aoe slows with rylais yet? hes not useless in every scenario, but hes generally undertuned. and some champions can make him useless by throwing down aoe/dot abilities with a rylais in their inventory at incredibly little efford. i tend to build a lot of mobility on him aswell. items like ghostblade against mostly squishy teams, dead mans, swifties. but when there is someone like rylais on the enemy team, you can forget trying to teamfight and are better off splipushing. because permaslows can take you completely out of a fight.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T18:19:01.875+0000) > > have you played against people who spam aoe slows with rylais yet? hes not useless in every scenario, but hes generally undertuned. and some champions can make him useless by throwing down aoe/dot abilities with a rylais in their inventory at incredibly little efford. > > i tend to build a lot of mobility on him aswell. items like ghostblade against mostly squishy teams, dead mans, swifties. > > but when there is someone like rylais on the enemy team, you can forget trying to teamfight and are better off splipushing. because permaslows can take you completely out of a fight. I often play against Anivias, Brands, Malzahars, Viktors, Oriannas, Cassiopeias, etc. with Rylai. I have no issues with them. You just need to catch them off guard and blow them up while at it. When I say mobile build I meant, MS Quints, Ghosts, and Switfies. Trust me you are so fast with him that it is hard to kite him properly, especially when your Q removes slows extremely crucial when they can't perma slow you. Ghost/MS Quints/Swifties is simply to good on Garen, Granted, you lose the famous Flash > Q > Execute Swag points flashy plays but having a summoner for a way lower CD is better than have an occasional strong summoner per 5 minutes (Without summoner's insight) Having Ghost with Summoner's insight allows me to play even more plays than a occasional flash play every 5 minutes or so. Without mentioning it makes you hard to catch up and/or kill. The only reason to pick Flash over Ghost is if the enemy teams has a lost of point and click Hard CC and even if those scenarios I opt for picking Ghost instead and rely on not getting caught in the first place. That's what your/boots's tenacity is for.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T17:46:13.963+0000) > > I'm currently high Gold/Low Plat elo. Still main him and he, alongside Nasus and Darius suffice for me in carrying games. > > Considering you are judging me without any kind of fundamentals is enough to show that you are, in fact, the one that seems to be talking nonsense. He might not seem strong but that's because the community is full of LCS monkeys (Or meta slaves) copying what they see on streams and LCS. There's always this small amount of loyal main players ready to prove you wrong. > > I have nothing more to say on the subject. so i wasnt wrong. youre playing around gold. still, im maining him too, and many other people who main him will tell you that hes nowhere near decent shape right now. he feels almost useless when youre not fighting the villain, and its hard to have any impact all right now. its just all the nerfs to his items that got to him. and on top of that, other types of champions have been buffed. like everyone who buys triforce outperforms him early, and outscales him late for example. kitey mages with rylais. ranged, ad scaling top laners like gnar and jayce. the game is terrible right now for any melee champ whos not loaded with mobility, range or both. hence hes going to get buffs pretty soon. meddler already confirmed that theyre giving him a look around 6.24 or 7.1
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T17:56:23.888+0000) > > so i wasnt wrong. youre playing around gold. still, im maining him too, and many other people who main him will tell you that hes nowhere near decent shape right now. > > he feels almost useless when youre not fighting the villain, and its hard to have any impact all right now. its just all the nerfs to his items that got to him. and on top of that, other types of champions have been buffed. > > like everyone who buys triforce outperforms him early, and outscales him late for example. kitey mages with rylais. ranged, ad scaling top laners like gnar and jayce. > > the game is terrible right now for any melee champ whos not loaded with mobility, range or both. > > hence hes going to get buffs pretty soon. meddler already confirmed that theyre giving him a look around 6.24 or 7.1 Yeah, got demoted to Gold 1 last week to unplayable server with lot's of people disconnecting for unknown reasons and for playing alone (my mistake). Jayce and Gnar only give him issues early but once you build your items you start to wear them down. He can still 100-0 squishies regardless of being villains, being the villain just helps doing it a lot faster and blowing tanks should they get marked. I play a very mobile build for him, meaning squishies need to be careful of going alone and it allows me to chase/escape more easily. Triforce users will pack a punch but not enough to kill you, and even if you find yourself low by them, you can easily get lost, wait for your passive to heal you back up and keep wearing them off till you have the kill potential. Trust me, he is definitely not meta, agree with that, but he is nowhere useless, I let that position to Morde. PS. I'm not following the boards, hence, my necro magic abilities but if he is indeed getting buffed then that's even better for me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T12:58:43.043+0000) > > This is the account I use to post in the forums. My main account is in LAN. Maybe that helps clarifying things for you. either way, youre probably playing around bronze and silver, maybe gold. its usually people in those divisions who think hes strong. the same still applies. youre either still relatively new to the game or havent really understood it yet. in low divisions, champion balance is outshadowed by individual mistakes. both strategic, and mechanical. truth is though, since this thread was made, he dropped off even further and right now, he isnt even strong in lower divisions anymore. also, thats a pretty weird necro.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T17:29:12.373+0000) > > either way, youre probably playing around bronze and silver, maybe gold. its usually people in those divisions who think hes strong. > > the same still applies. youre either still relatively new to the game or havent really understood it yet. in low divisions, champion balance is outshadowed by individual mistakes. both strategic, and mechanical. > > truth is though, since this thread was made, he dropped off even further and right now, he isnt even strong in lower divisions anymore. > > also, thats a pretty weird necro. I'm currently high Gold/Low Plat elo. Still main him and he, alongside Nasus and Darius suffice for me in carrying games. Considering you are judging me without any kind of fundamentals is enough to show that you are, in fact, the one that seems to be talking nonsense. He might not seem strong but that's because the community is full of LCS monkeys (Or meta slaves) copying what they see on streams and LCS. There's always this small amount of loyal main players ready to prove you wrong. I have nothing more to say on the subject.
: @Meddler, can the Juggernauts get some follow up in 6.23/7.1?
I personally love Garen and Darius the way they are right now. As for Morde, I quit playing as him after the rework. As for Skarner, I don't play him so don't know.
: @MaliciousMetal Do you have a list of champions that counter and are countered by Mordekaiser?
> [{quoted}](name=Toastersaot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7unkjdsN,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-10-29T15:18:13.449+0000) > > If you do, I wanna see it. > > Because I kept on getting crapped on by Morde Tops as {{champion:41}} . The range of Morde's E is longer than my Q. In theory Morde should always lose to high sustained damage, hence this is my personal list with some other good options. **Darius ** -His bleed damage can prove to much for Morde to absorb. The moment you fully stack him and you won't take a lot of minion damage, then you can proceed to go for the kill. -Morde need just to make one single mistake for you to abuse him. -The moment he pulls him, Morde has to flash or die. I play Darius with Ghost and MS Quints... Morde will simply die if that happens. **Ryze** -Once you have mana to spam, he won't be able to get within range without getting chunked by his kit. -Rune Prison will fuck Morde if he gets ganked. Morde always pushes so the chances of this happening are almost guaranteed. **Swain** -The reworked Swain is now more stronger than before without mentioning he is not as mana hungry as before. Meaning that the pressure will be on Morde. Swain have everything in his kit to make Morde's life miserable. Range, Sustain, High sustained damage, and CC to lock him down during a gank. **Nasus** -Not really a counter **BUT** a good and experience Nasus player will simply survive the lane and proceed to make Morde's life a misery. His kit counters Morde's. -Since Morde will always be pushing, that's enough for Nasus to Wither him and let the jungle eat (Considering if it's an aggresive one that is) -Late Game, Nasus shits on Morde. -Wither ruins Morde's Q damage potential. The moment you cast Q he just have to cast W on you and proceed to walk away. Morde will never be able to land his third Q on a good and intelligent Nasus without sneaky mechanics, EVER. **Kennen** -He is ranged and doesn't have to go within Morde's range to farm. -He can easily lock and even kill Morde should he plays incorrectly, more during a gank. -He can blow Morde with his ult easily if Morde misplays. **Fiora** -As the match prolongs, her damage will simply be too much for Morde to handle. In theory Morde should lose to high sustained damage, more ranged than him and to ganks due to him always pushing with no escapes and/or mobility/CC. There's a lot of champion that can give Morde a hard time but it all depends on the player's capability to adapt. I personally don't have issues playing against him since I used to be a Morde main years ago and still know him pretty well. I personally have the most success with Nasus and Darius vs Morde.
: Well, how about something that plays similar to Morde? I myself love playing Morgana or Swain despite me being a Morde main myself.
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dAqu5uBo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-10-31T11:23:40.908+0000) > > Well, how about something that plays similar to Morde? > > I myself love playing Morgana or Swain despite me being a Morde main myself. The best transition from Morde for me has been Garen, Darius, and Nasus.
: Well, at least Morde's Melee, right? :^) To be honest, lowering the slow that you can actually have a chance escaping while giving Morde some more MS would be the way to go. I remember when it used to be a mere 15% slow I still managed to stick. Then again Morde had 340 MS and FRONT UP burst rather than delayed three hit damage. Oh well, we'll see what Riot's got in store for Rylais
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RoJX1Y97,comment-id=00080000000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-10-31T14:26:39.356+0000) > > Well, at least Morde's Melee, right? :^) > > To be honest, lowering the slow that you can actually have a chance escaping while giving Morde some more MS would be the way to go. > > I remember when it used to be a mere 15% slow I still managed to stick. > > Then again Morde had 340 MS and FRONT UP burst rather than delayed three hit damage. > > Oh well, we'll see what Riot's got in store for Rylais Morde's most painful nerf was his base movement speed butchering. Why he gets the same lowest MS among ADC's when he is melee, lacks escapes and CC when champions such as Panth/Nasus have a whooping 350 base movement speed. Is not even like his Q damage is TRUE or unavoidable jeez. Retarded character design... Give him back his base MS and I'm willing to resuscitate my favorite champion once again. Until, then I will still have fun with the other Juggernauts and Nasus. No point in picking him as he very exploitable and requires a certain team composition and even babysitting to even function. Still hurts, this piece of shit half-assed rework if you ask me and will still hurt for the years to come.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-06-29T18:23:32.494+0000) > > Weird, I'm currently maining him on my main account and he feels really strong right now. Especially when your hero mechanic kicks in. But imo that's probably because of my personal build which allows me to hard carry 90% of my games. if youre actually a lvl 20 account, then that isnt surprising. youre really new at the game. it looks a lot different when get to and play in higher divisions. at your level of play, individual error still massively outweights champion balance in general. its pretty much how katarina is god tier in lower divisions and becomes less and less strong up the ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-29T18:45:16.265+0000) > > if youre actually a lvl 20 account, then that isnt surprising. youre really new at the game. it looks a lot different when get to and play in higher divisions. > > at your level of play, individual error still massively outweights champion balance in general. > > its pretty much how katarina is god tier in lower divisions and becomes less and less strong up the ladder. This is the account I use to post in the forums. My main account is in LAN. Maybe that helps clarifying things for you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-06-29T18:16:22.525+0000) > > He is perfectly fine they way he currently is. > > Easily kited, but wrecks you the moment he gets to you. actually he could use some buffs right now. 6.9 wrecked him, and its only gotten worse since then.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wuGYhvFr,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-06-29T18:18:49.296+0000) > > actually he could use some buffs right now. 6.9 wrecked him, and its only gotten worse since then. Weird, I'm currently maining him on my main account and he feels really strong right now. Especially when your hero mechanic kicks in. But imo that's probably because of my personal build which allows me to hard carry 90% of my games.
: Garen does to much damage to be a tank
He is perfectly fine they way he currently is. Easily kited, but wrecks you the moment he gets to you.
Poske (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Br4ndon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HjbqLHJ4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-06-28T21:18:43.437+0000) > > That basically perma stunned, there are few things that can happen in 1/4th a second in this game. 1/5 tehnicly if you spam flash rapidly he wont be able to chain "stun" you
> [{quoted}](name=Sub HeroCro,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HjbqLHJ4,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-28T21:45:49.148+0000) > > 1/5 tehnicly > if you spam flash rapidly he wont be able to chain "stun" you Wow, great strategy!
: Mordekaislers problem and fix it now
His old Q was way more practical and simple. His old W was superior in everything. His old E was superior in everything. His old R was simple and had more range, while wasn't overloaded with crap. He had more base movement speed and base stats in general. Now, he is just boring and handicapped by bullshit limitations and overall crappy design. Better pick something more practical and less hindered than Morde.
Galisper (NA)
: Riot just please keep his current voice actor
> [{quoted}](name=Galisper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pBoRAINt,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2016-06-08T18:04:30.811+0000) > > Riot just please keep his current voice actor They should make him sound metallic with metal music in the background whenever he speaks, A guitar solo at the distance preferably while he dialogs.
: Its a shame they patchedout his spike boner off of his splash ... and then replaced the splash altogether.
> [{quoted}](name=Lukankata,realm=EUNE,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=L8H942w0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-05-23T09:04:09.611+0000) > > ... and then replaced the splash altogether. Into something beyond shitty levels...
: The old version wasn't much better.
> [{quoted}](name=stealthfox94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3arEAXFj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-15T00:50:06.756+0000) > > The old version wasn't much better. The old version was functional, fun, and wasn't held back by bullshit design limitations.
Dragko (NA)
: How in the world do you play Morde
There's really no reason to pick Morde in his current state and rework design at this moment. He is just outclassed in every single department in the game. You will just be a burden to your team. This is what happens when an ex Hardcore Morde Main plays a new Morde aspirant at top.\ [Morde Vs. The Easiest Lane in the World at top](http://i63.tinypic.com/j9ons1.png) He never was able to land a single 3rd Q on me and hence ended up being a burden to his team. Riot really messed a really unique and cool champion into a pile of unfun broken fest. Just let Morde die until Riot decides it is time to scrap him and do a full scale rework. It pains me to let the champion I liked the most go but it must be done in order to make sure Riot gets the idea they really killed the champion. There's really no reason to support whatever they decide to do with Morde from now on, you are just giving them reasons to keep messing him into forgetfulness.
: Problem sending the message from server
Same here except it just shows every single time and it is getting on my nerves... This started with the current patch.
Durfain (EUW)
: you can post on the NA forums with an EU account so that argument is shit.
> [{quoted}](name=Durfain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BBxnftTg,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T20:59:16.225+0000) > > you can post on the NA forums with an EU account so that argument is shit. What makes you think I'm on EU, smart one?
Rynart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BBxnftTg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-04-07T19:36:21.955+0000) > > Not gonna waste my time with either of you lol. lvl 20 guy talks about elo :D
> [{quoted}](name=Rynart,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BBxnftTg,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-04-07T19:57:00.467+0000) > > lvl 20 guy talks about elo :D Correction: A dude using his NA smurf account to post on the NA forums.
: Honestly, these item changes are just nerfs to mid laners
Not gonna waste my time with either of you lol.
Dedrius (NA)
: My takeaways from the AP itemization changes
Those AD champions must have felt useless after seeing their ults countered by zhonyas every time...
DrNova (NA)
: @Riot-As a big fan of Ahri and Ekko
That item will make all champions with escapes and high mobility even more hard to catch or escape from lol. It is just bad and the single reason they are trying to implement it is because they know how binary the design within champs currently is.
: what champs do you play? Lee sin? Zed? ADC's?
> [{quoted}](name=1000angrybees,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BBxnftTg,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T18:37:44.950+0000) > > what champs do you play? Lee sin? Zed? ADC's? Vlad Mundo Nasus Malphite caitlyn Malzahar Cho' Gath Annie Brand LeBlanc Rumble Graves Sivir Veigar Anivia Corki An the list goes on.
: I don't see this as a nerf since you can obtain the item way easier and earlier than before, plus, it grants CDR now. It will help a lot of champs out, I think.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-04-07T18:32:46.664+0000) > > I don't see this as a nerf since you can obtain the item way easier and earlier than before, plus, it grants CDR now. It will help a lot of champs out, I think. Agreed.
: A lot of mid laners roam???? that's actually incredibly dull of you to say Also, how in the actual hell will these NOT affect laning phase? Less regen. Less AP. Less defense.
> [{quoted}](name=1000angrybees,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BBxnftTg,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T18:23:16.661+0000) > > A lot of mid laners roam???? that's actually incredibly dull of you to say > > Also, how in the actual hell will these NOT affect laning phase? Less regen. Less AP. Less defense. What ELO are you?
: I wasn't using it as to be a bully, I said it because you act like you have your head stuck and talk like it. Anyway, people are reacting because they see how bad it's going to affect their favorite champions.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T18:21:57.194+0000) > > I wasn't using it as to be a bully, I said it because you act like you have your head stuck and talk like it. Anyway, people are reacting because they see how bad it's going to affect their favorite champions. I witnessed Riot killing my main champion. You guys will get used to it. Trust me.
: Honestly, these item changes are just nerfs to mid laners
At least other lanes won't have to worry about you guys roaming and fucking things up for at least a while. On a serious note. I don't see these changes that bad. They won't probably affect your laning phase since by the time you get it the game will just had progressed enough for the mid range. On a bright side, it is cheaper now. That's nice if you intend to rush it. It means you get it faster now, HELLOU! And it's receipt is actually more comfortabe now.
: Wow. You are ridiculous. I manage my mana quite fine, thank you very much. But early game when we don't get a regen item first because we have to rush Zhonya's for defense, our spells cost a shit ton early, and we can't be using them to farm either or else we waste it that much more. Anyhow, you need AP to be able to do significant damage to all the tanks, bruisers, and assassins now a days. Just a little will help you kill a squishy, but you need more to be able to burst more tanky champions. I am sure about my skills. I just don't like the itemization. And yes, I did take offense because you insulted my skills and said it was my fault. Don't be a bully and get your head out of your butt, because you are the one with it in there.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T18:04:43.074+0000) > > Wow. You are ridiculous. > > I manage my mana quite fine, thank you very much. But early game when we don't get a regen item first because we have to rush Zhonya's for defense, our spells cost a shit ton early, and we can't be using them to farm either or else we waste it that much more. > > Anyhow, you need AP to be able to do significant damage to all the tanks, bruisers, and assassins now a days. Just a little will help you kill a squishy, but you need more to be able to burst more tanky champions. > > I am sure about my skills. I just don't like the itemization. > > And yes, I did take offense because you insulted my skills and said it was my fault. > > Don't be a bully and get your head out of your butt, because you are the one with it in there. You feel insulted yet you start with the head in butt comments lol. I'm bullying no one here, calm your panties friend. I'm just giving my opinion on why people are overreacting to these changes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T17:45:44.644+0000) > > It just mean you need to make it count from now on. > > It gives 10% CDR to compensate which imo makes your damage output the same and if not better due to having your ult and spells ready more often. > > Lastly, it is drastically cheaper which is definitely good if you intend to rush it. Imo this item was a bit to strong. Massive AP, superb Armor, and low Cooldown passive which was even stronger in it's early days. > > > I call it a balance tweak rather than a straight up nerf. Lol no. Even with CDR, we can't do damage because we have no mana. And we can't get mana items until we get our Zhonya's or else we are dead. See the point? It wasn't too strong. Maw is too strong. Zhonya's was drastically expensive, the AP had already been nerfed on it (it was 120, then down to 100. Now it's down to 70). The armor was 50 and was nerfed to what it is now. It just delays our death for a mere 2.5 seconds, and even then it doesn't save us every time. It's a straight up nerf. Stop denying it to yourself and get your head out of your butt.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T17:49:56.451+0000) > > Lol no. Even with CDR, we can't do damage because we have no mana. And we can't get mana items until we get our Zhonya's or else we are dead. See the point? > > It wasn't too strong. Maw is too strong. Zhonya's was drastically expensive, the AP had already been nerfed on it (it was 120, then down to 100. Now it's down to 70). The armor was 50 and was nerfed to what it is now. It just delays our death for a mere 2.5 seconds, and even then it doesn't save us every time. > > It's a straight up nerf. Stop denying it to yourself and get your head out of your butt. No mana? That means you like going wild with your mana management. If that's the case then the fault is on you, not the game. You make it seem like the overall course of the game is determined on a single item and that's just plain wrong. But again, you haven't answered my question. Why do you need so much AP to burst down a squishy target? Aren't sure about your skills? No offense but I think the one with his head in his butt here is you, buddy.
: Because ADs, like Zed, can now ult more than once in the timespan that the Zhonya's active is on CD, and can just laugh at our shitty damage because the AP was nerfed on it too along with many other items that had damage taken out too.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-04-07T15:37:10.692+0000) > > Because ADs, like Zed, can now ult more than once in the timespan that the Zhonya's active is on CD It just mean you need to make it count from now on. >, and can just laugh at our shitty damage because the AP was nerfed on it too along with many other items that had damage taken out too. Since you are picking Zed as an example. Why do you need so much AP to burst him down? Maw of Malmortius was nerfed as well recently. I call itemization even. On another note, It gives 10% CDR to compensate which imo makes your damage output the same and if not better due to having your ult and spells ready more often. Lastly, it is drastically cheaper which is definitely good if you intend to rush it. Imo this item was a bit to strong. Massive AP, superb Armor, and low Cooldown passive which was even stronger in it's early days. I call it a balance tweak rather than a straight up nerf.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: Because AP mages despite being weaker than ADs are still getting item nerfs? Duh.
> [{quoted}](name=Vistha Kai,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2016-04-07T15:42:54.752+0000) > > Because AP mages despite being weaker than ADs are still getting item nerfs? > > Duh. Still doesn't answer my question and in fact what if Riot did it because they thought having a massive AP boost + lot's of Armor + frequent Active counter to everything was slightly unfair? You still get nice amount of AP, Armor stat wasn't touched which drove me into asking the question in the first place, and the active is still there. Imo the nerfs aren't that bad. You get CDR which means you will be able to cast spells more often and/or could mean a slightly bigger damage output. Plus the item is drastically more cheaper now which imo is great if you intend to rush it. I call it a balancing change rather than straight up nerf.
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: Rioter 1: _Are ADs still a problem?_ Rioter 2: _Yes._ Rioter 1: _So what do we do about it?_ Rioter 3: _Let's nerf Zhonya._ All Rioters in the room: _GENIUS!_ --- I guess I'll buy fucking Rylai's instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Vistha Kai,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rjEFIXud,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-04-07T14:43:52.566+0000) > > Rioter 1: _Are ADs still a problem?_ > Rioter 2: _Yes._ > Rioter 1: _So what do we do about it?_ > Rioter 3: _Let's nerf Zhonya._ > All Rioters in the room: _GENIUS!_ > > --- > > I guess I'll buy fucking Rylai's instead. What does the nerf have to do with ADs?
Bellows (NA)
: Stop ****ing trying to baron
Low elo peasants sure love the glory of Baron. To the extend of acing the enemy team right in front of their base and instead of ending the game, a Baron call might be the best call....LOL Peasant - Let's do Baron! Competent player - Umm... why? Peasant - Cause it's Baron, we need it! You team get aced, enemy team finish Baron and/or rush to your base to finish the game.
: Strong champions against graves top?
I beat him with Nasus no problem. The secret is, he insta-pushes, if you keep your distance his autos won't hurt much and Q will be easy to avoid the come back burst. You can heal all the damage, and if he is utterly aggressive, he will run out of mana pretty fast for you to farm peacefully for a while. Around lv4-5 he is an easy gank. Just let your jungler know and Wither him at your turret. It will simply be a long way for him, a flash will be burned otherwise he dies. You can also safely farm behind minions as his autos don't go through them, even if you are the target. After you build enough armor and a Sheen, you can start being a little aggressive as each Q will chunk him hard, you can pretty much all-in him all game from there on every time you have poked him low enough. Granted, if he didn't get fed elsewhere. You just gotta be patient and avoid being close. The moment he pushes to your turret, freeze the lane there and if you have an a observant jungler then Graves will be scared from there on to be aggressive unless their jungler decides to assist him as well, that's when you know you are in danger. The sight is simply obvious. The fact that he insta-pushes makes him the easiest of top adc's to lane against. As a Nasus player, I love farming under turret. Maxing W second is crucial as he is auto attack oriented as all other ADC's etc. So when you wither him you make him your bitch. Just please, don't eat a lot of unnecessary damage early, otherwise it will be hard for you. 6 stacks aren't worth if you are gonna get chunked hard for it. So knowing which stacks to get and which ones to give up is advisable. Late game, he won't be able to 1v1 at all unless fed and has enough penetration to burst you down before you do work on him.
: I think Morde is pretty good atm
> [{quoted}](name=Fisherman Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=BJj1era7,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-30T20:41:31.231+0000) > > Mostly been using him mid and it seems to work really well. I feel like he can go in just about any lane now and do fine. There's absolutely no reason to pick Morde when you have Nasus in the game. I mean, compare both champions and you see both have a similar design, Nasus is just superior in every single detail though. Has more movement speed Has better scaling (infinite scaling) Has better stats Has the Best damn slow in the game His Q procs on turrets. Morde's doesn't His enhanced Q lasts three times more before hitting something than Morde's. Shreds resistances Is more tanky Late game is just Anubis incarnate, the god of death. His Q is more practical and satisfying that Morde's in very single damn way possible imaginable to men. This is the reason why I forgot about Morde's existence after rework and found a new home in Susan. There's simply nothing more satisfying that surviving the journey at the weakest moment in the game just to be an uncontrollable monster, blowing shit up, hearing the lamentation of women, and nuking turrets. Morde can't simply do nothing of that and still need help from a babysitter just to function correctly. My two scents.
: I got the former a lot when i played Mordekaiser pre-rework, from both enemies and allies (Although the allied ones were mostly surprised reactions).
> [{quoted}](name=Matezoide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eoJvIvYX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-04-04T00:52:47.618+0000) > > I got the former a lot when i played Mordekaiser pre-rework, from both enemies and allies (Although the allied ones were mostly surprised reactions). Hence, what drove me into mastering the PreMorde instead of picking the typical champions the rest do and mimicking their attitide on the champ (Riven streams wannabes) and doing the same stuff the pros do and be another one in the see of "wannabes".
xSwimmx (NA)
: Why is my Morde ult Cancelling on Fiora?
Her parry cancels abilities when timed right. The harder the CC the harder the counter effects. You get slowed if your ability is a soft/non CC, and stunned if it's a hard CC.
: I miss Morde's old gameplay and spell effects. I also miss the pre-rework versions of {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}}
> [{quoted}](name=LungDrakkar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2kJk5xQm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-03-26T22:15:53.629+0000) > > I miss Morde's old gameplay and spell effects. I also miss the pre-rework versions of {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} I used to play Topraka and could easily wreck Rivens and all the known bullies up there with my infamous banana, E target silence, banana harass lol all day. Second funnest champion after PreWork Morde. Those days where I was threaten to be reported for "Troll picks" just to be chatted with "How is that even possible!" 5 4 mins into the game when I first blooded Rivens or when Udy couldn't catching me in the jungle. Or when I could be chase all riven by enemy team just to end up baiting them into a RakaPentaKill. Good Ol times. Unfortunately, they are far gone. At least, the main Nasus in me has grown so much ever since that he is now my current Morde, Just better in everything compared to Rework Morde. That's why I already stop caring for this piece of shit rework Morde felt victim of.
: I believe Riot nerfed bot lane morde too much at Malicious Metals request... Now he is more of a solo laner.all because one person wouldnt stop crying. Duo mord was the best mord in my opinion. but they nerfed everything about it. they even nerfed the dragon passive to uselessness. sure it will take a tower but thats it...
> [{quoted}](name=Caytheles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gvKkIcBT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-03-18T00:13:11.015+0000) > > I believe Riot nerfed bot lane morde too much at Malicious Metals request... > > Now he is more of a solo laner.all because one person wouldnt stop crying. > > Duo mord was the best mord in my opinion. but they nerfed everything about it. they even nerfed the dragon passive to uselessness. sure it will take a tower but thats it... Morde is now garbage everywhere. Lower MS Lower range No escapes Weaker early Squishier ADC stats. Boring gameplay Inferior choice wherever he goes, there's simply better options in everything he provides to the game now.
Du Ma Mi (NA)
: "Why is Malicious Metal Still Making Morde threads?"
I honestly think, this rework was a disaster in so may levels. Half assed design, weak stats, lazy shit overall. Morde deserves better.
: Mordekaiser's inherent problems, a.k.a. what makes Morde doomed to mediocrity
I mean who wants to use a champion that is designed to be melee? but: 1. Has zero mobility. 2. Has hybrid damage. 3. Has zero CC. 4. Has zero utility. 5. Gets blown up as soon as he tries to go personal. 6. Has zero escapes. 7. Has abysmal movement speed. Considering I come from the old Morde days, I certainly (no pun intended) do not want to bother using this piece of shit rework lol.
: +1 You might have fun with the other Morde mains on the boards. They should be here soon. I hear they have some sort of telepathy to anything Mordekaiser related.
> [{quoted}](name=dapcutscene,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4usbgcmE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-02-08T05:49:09.646+0000) > > +1 You might have fun with the other Morde mains on the boards. They should be here soon. I hear they have some sort of telepathy to anything Mordekaiser related. We invoke the telepathy powerz by this overall complicated but effective ritual, are you following?: 1. Enter "Morde" as search. Never, ever type "Mordekaiser" or you will lose partial hits. 2. Press Enter. Do not click the magnifying lens! Otherwise the gods will forsake you. 3. Let the page load. 4. Now select in category Gameplay as anything else is not significant. 5. Now the most important step, Change the timeline to "Past Week" Congratulations, you have been enlightened by the gods. This is what I do to be up to date with whatever experiment is next for my guy. Unfortunately, last time I checked and that is today, points on him still being in Development limbo mess status. This is my routine once a week in order to be up to date. Hopefully these **"Pick your best happy human description here"** design/tweak him appropriately soon. They have already caused to much trouble with this rework idea and post Not-Well-Thought changes, and Mordekaiser mains around the world are stuck in the shadows thanks to this design incompetence. Not sure why it is so hard to accept this rework is a disaster and listen to the crowd. I mean, who will buy skins for this guy after this mess? Who will bother to try him aside old mains not giving up on him just yet? When you fuck a champion's win and pick rates as bad as this, you just have to through out of the windows this concept and get your shit straight. lol
: Morde toplane is wonderful. Earlygame has always been his weakness but the heal on his W (now castable on minions) helps a lot so that I usually win trades and can get first blod even during a gank. Not to mention the joy of playing him top when the enemy thinks to be cool and goes for Yasuo/Fizz/(any assassin) top and gets farmed more easily than cannon minions. But then you need to be the team player, Morde is the character that gets most punished by solo pushes in unwarded territory. Yet once you get your second item you are a beast and if team mates are around you you can destroy the enemy team.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kG7E7ZrY,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2016-02-04T17:01:56.627+0000) > > Morde toplane is wonderful. Earlygame has always been his weakness but the heal on his W (now castable on minions) helps a lot so that I usually win trades and can get first blod even during a gank. > > Not to mention the joy of playing him top when the enemy thinks to be cool and goes for Yasuo/Fizz/(any assassin) top and gets farmed more easily than cannon minions. > > But then you need to be the team player, Morde is the character that gets most punished by solo pushes in unwarded territory. Yet once you get your second item you are a beast and if team mates are around you you can destroy the enemy team. I disagree. My top PreWork Morde was a beast early and a God late game. Now he's just a tin can that needs to be checked for it's expiration date. If it is, you are fucked.
: His winrate would go up quite a bit if people stopped trying to force him Top or Mid and just played him Bot like Riot wants them to. Of course his winrate sucks when over 90% of the people playing him refuse to use him in his inteded role. http://i.imgur.com/3RRep5m.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Slamurai Jack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kG7E7ZrY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-02-02T23:44:16.823+0000) > > His winrate would go up quite a bit if people stopped trying to force him Top or Mid and just played him Bot like Riot wants them to. Of course his winrate sucks when over 90% of the people playing him refuse to use him in his inteded role. > > http://i.imgur.com/3RRep5m.jpg That's why you listen to the community. You are supposed to design around them not you because in the end the playerbase are the ones who will use and stick to whatever you come up with as a designer, not you, you will just move to the next project leaving whatever the fuck you designed. If people are "refusing" to embrace whatever the fuck you came with then you should consider listening. This is the problem with the rework. Was forced, they didn't listen to the playerbase's concerns, our suggestions were strictly ignored, and hence, this is what Mordekaiser has come up to be. A clusterfuck of sadness.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vhalthoria,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Unp09i1G,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2016-02-03T19:29:51.400+0000) > > No. ...because? Like, I said. In a game where gates are too poorly realized too often, to be so penalized at this point in the game's development doesn't make sense. He isn't doing anything worth gating so hard.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Unp09i1G,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2016-02-03T23:11:40.241+0000) > > ...because? > > Like, I said. In a game where gates are too poorly realized too often, to be so penalized at this point in the game's development doesn't make sense. He isn't doing anything worth gating so hard. It would go against the champion's identity. Mordekaiser is an entity that feeds from the torment of others, meaning that he grows stronger through affliction and sickness which translates into game-language in the form of health cost and momentarily shield. The more he tortures himself and others, the stronger he becomes. Removing health costs will simply go against this principle without mentioning it could also potentially make him broken eventually. Riot already dropped the ball hard with the overall redesigns and the addition of healing (which already goes against his identity). This rework is just a mess in general, enough for me to quit for good the game. I'm just here curious to see if one day they accept this rework was a big mistake and to see if one day it will be corrected or scrapped. Other than that I have no interests in coming back. * This rework was foresaw as a failure by everyone except the all-mighty all-knowing design/balance team behind it. * This rework was forced regardless of the playerbase' concerns. * Now Mordekaiser players are stuck in limbo waiting for a legitimate "fix" to this mess while Riot plays with numbers and redesigns with little to no idea what they are doing at this time. * This overall rework process were totally unwanted (changes) and unnecessary (all the bullshit the playerbase have to deal with now).
: i honestly think that mord is fine right now at least in a solo lane situation.
> [{quoted}](name=DONGLORD420,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Unp09i1G,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-02-01T01:00:46.660+0000) > > i honestly think that mord is fine right now at least in a solo lane situation. I would actually agree to this if it wasn't for the fact I Played Morde in his best days, that time pre rework when he wasn't raped by bullshit limitations and "balance" adjustments.
: Buff his base stats and remove his health costs.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Unp09i1G,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-01-31T22:53:16.067+0000) > > Buff his base stats and remove his health costs. No.
: I think Morde should be slow but his base stats are unacceptable. They're too low for a juggernaut, especially for someone who practically loses 72 health every time he tries to farm.
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Unp09i1G,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-01-31T20:22:29.978+0000) > > I think Morde should be slow but his base stats are unacceptable. > They're too low for a juggernaut, especially for someone who practically loses 72 health every time he tries to farm. I always mentioned that since first Juggernaut PBA patch notes. His base stats don't scream Juggernaut to me. Is either they hate Morde that much or they are really that inept at designing at all. And this constant Morde tweaks situation we see here an there since day 1 was just completely unnecessary to begin with. They forced this mess, now they are choking at addressing it.
: I still don't like how he is right now... every lane matchup is always against him. From my ~58% winrate with Morde over 80 games last season (pre-rework), to my now ~11% winrate over 8 games this season (rework) with Morde, I still find him a lot worse.
> [{quoted}](name=Raid Boss Morde,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OvJLLLEk,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-01-27T03:23:12.728+0000) > > I still don't like how he is right now... every lane matchup is always against him. From my ~58% winrate with Morde over 80 games last season (pre-rework), to my now ~11% winrate over 8 games this season (rework) with Morde, I still find him a lot worse. Agreed, it just shows that semi mobile mage Morde is far superior to squishy nuker immobile Morde.
Show more

Vhalthoria

Level 20 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion