: No one ever said that you should say that. Though having criticism or asking why someone is adding more of a mechanic to a game is totally fine. You are free to your opinions. However, that doesn't mean you need to go off like a child throwing a tantrum, which is what you're doing. You aren't the victim, you are insulting people for expressing opinions against your own, who are just using the voting system to express those opinions. You've mistaken the voting system as an example of legitimacy; it's not, it's just reactions to your comment. If people like what you're saying they upvote, if they don't, then they downvote. It's not anyone else's fault you've conflated the voting system with a metric for legitimacy. That being said, you can take my downvote again because I disagree with you trying to play the victim card.
> [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A8iNi4l8,comment-id=0014000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-06T20:57:21.104+0000) > > No one ever said that you should say that. Though having criticism or asking why someone is adding more of a mechanic to a game is totally fine. You are free to your opinions. However, that doesn't mean you need to go off like a child throwing a tantrum, which is what you're doing. You aren't the victim, you are insulting people for expressing opinions against your own, who are just using the voting system to express those opinions. You've mistaken the voting system as an example of legitimacy; it's not, it's just reactions to your comment. If people like what you're saying they upvote, if they don't, then they downvote. It's not anyone else's fault you've conflated the voting system with a metric for legitimacy. That being said, you can take my downvote again because I disagree with you trying to play the victim card. So what you're telling me is that I have two choices: A: Use facts and get lambasted for not fitting the current narrative or B: Discard facts and join the rabble, and basically get ignored because I'm just part of the rabble That's not exactly a healthy environment for fostering any sort of discussion on anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-05T21:29:02.000+0000) > > Reduce the Zeal upgrades to 25% crit chance each, and make IE's true damage conversion scale "half with level" like lethality does. > > 25% crit chance is a nicer number than 30% anyway, since 1/4 is easier to grok than 3/10, and it makes the IE + double Zeal upgrade build curve more smoothly at 25 -> 50 -> 100. > > IE's conversion being gated by level accomplishes the same "limit early power while still letting it do the job late" thing as lethality's scaling. Lethality was eventually changed to start higher though. Now it starts at 7% armor pen pretty much, whereas before it was like 4%, and went up to 10%, now it starts at 7% and goes to 10%(this is just with serrated dirk as an example). I'm not against the idea for ADCs, but stating that lethality's scaling limits assassins early isn't really true anymore. They're pretty much on the high end of the spectrum starting off, and only gain a tiny bit from levels.
> [{quoted}](name=Atrushan2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-06T20:52:19.412+0000) > > Lethality was eventually changed to start higher though. Now it starts at 7% armor pen pretty much, whereas before it was like 4%, and went up to 10%, now it starts at 7% and goes to 10%(this is just with serrated dirk as an example). I'm not against the idea for ADCs, but stating that lethality's scaling gates assassin isn't really true anymore. That's still gating assassins compared to pre-lethality armor penetration, even if the gating isn't as extreme as it used to be.
x HIGH x (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=000300000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-06T20:35:46.569+0000) > > This is the only account I have that can even post on boards, though. proof? old account name? if this is ur first account on the game you can't be aware of adc, tanks, dmg, defense items, champions 140x etc, all of this u can't know by just getting to lvl 15 on first account. if you have other accounts please let me know the names.
> [{quoted}](name=ˆOcToPuSˆ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=0003000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-06T20:46:13.682+0000) > > proof? old account name? > if this is ur first account on the game you can't be aware of adc, tanks, dmg, defense items, champions 140x etc, > all of this u can't know by just getting to lvl 15 on first account. > > if you have other accounts please let me know the names. I've never been higher than silver 4 on any account I've ever played on, and those accounts are banned anyway, so it's a moot point either way. I make observations and form thoughts based on numbers and what general consensus seems to be on things. It's not actually that hard to understand this game on a fundamental level, even if you're not good at execution.
: Oh my. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/divergent/images/e/eb/Downvote.png/revision/latest?cb=20130305224437
> [{quoted}](name=Battalion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A8iNi4l8,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2018-05-06T20:37:56.624+0000) > > Oh my. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}} > > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/divergent/images/e/eb/Downvote.png/revision/latest?cb=20130305224437 What, am I supposed to just be all "Riot's ruining this game" like everyone else says repeatedly? What I said isn't even strictly wrong. It's just that the point at which the true damage becomes stronger than IE's old critical bonus is probably tuned too low at the moment, which is easy adjusted.
x HIGH x (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=0003000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-06T02:04:28.267+0000) > stop judging posts on who wrote it.. and judge the post on the context of the post. Short Answer No, i prefer to judge people from the personality. if anyone is hiding on a low level account instead of his/her main account so no one can know his/her previous data on boards or even personality. That simple means is not my level, not my friend, can't be my friend, will never be whatsoever happen. i'm not like you i would prefer a direct person to argue with me instead of being a picture of someone i will never know!
> [{quoted}](name=ˆOcToPuSˆ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=00030000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-06T16:57:31.863+0000) > > Short Answer No, i prefer to judge people from the personality. > if anyone is hiding on a low level account instead of his/her main account so no one can know his/her previous data on boards or even personality. > That simple means is not my level, not my friend, can't be my friend, will never be whatsoever happen. > > i'm not like you i would prefer a direct person to argue with me instead of being a picture of someone i will never know! This is the only account I have that can even post on boards, though.
: Love how you can't root Yi when you even land a roo that wastes all your mana
It's probably a bug in that the game doesn't consider an ulting Yi to be affected by Mega Adhesive due to his slow immunity, so the root doesn't apply. Viktor's W used to not be able to stun slow-immune enemies either for the same reason. Should post this in the report a bug forum, might get a better response there.
: Finally we are seeing the awaited Fleet Footwork nerfs!
Infinity Edge losing its critical damage bonus is also a Fleet Footwork nerf, don't forget. _(If you didn't know, Fleet Footwork's enhanced heal on critical strikes is affected by Infinity Edge's passive.)_ https://imgur.com/DPD1u7I
Jobriq (NA)
: QoL on Miss Fortune's W
Instead of the maximum Strut speed increasing, each rank in W should lower the time it takes for Strut to re-activate and to empower itself. Right now, said time is 5 seconds. 10 seconds total of waiting for MS on someone who isn't exactly good at avoiding damage feels a bit... iffy. If W ranks instead changed that time to 5 / 4.5 / 4 / 3.5 / 3 seconds, or 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 /6 seconds for the full effect, that might feel nicer?
: [Runes Reforged]: The Hail of Blades
You can use this on melee Rageblade users so you can get Rageblade fully active quicker, or on anyone with X-hit effects: Ashe's Q Braum's passive _(for those people who play solo lane Braum in normals)_ Diana's passive Ekko's passive Kled's W Morde's Q Tahm's passive Udyr's Q Xin's Q Off the top of my head.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-05-06T04:34:19.388+0000) > > What if IE's passive scaled the way lethality does as well? > > That is to say, you get half with the item and the other half based on Level, hitting 20% conversion at level 18. > > Limiting early power while providing scaling effectiveness is why lethality scales the way it does, after all. As much as I want marksmen to scale with levels to the same degree that everyone else does I don't think riot will do that.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-05-06T04:35:50.284+0000) > > As much as I want marksmen to scale with levels to the same degree that everyone else does I don't think riot will do that. It's a consequence of the meta and how game design has evolved around it. Since marksmen are traditionally the duo lane role, they level slower than the solo lanes. Since they level slower in lane AND don't benefit as much from said levels, they need to scale better off the gold they earn. Marksmen and supports existing outside the same level curve as the rest of the team seems to be one of the causes for a lot of balance grief...
: Riposte is a stupid ability
Skirmishers having "avoid things" mechanics isn't anything new, though. Yi has Alpha Strike, Trynd has his ult, Fiora has Riposte, Yasuo has Wind Wall...
: Meddler/Ghostcrawler what is the intended armor breaking point for new IE + zeal to be better?
What if IE's passive scaled the way lethality does as well? That is to say, you get half with the item and the other half based on Level, hitting 20% conversion at level 18. Limiting early power while providing scaling effectiveness is why lethality scales the way it does, after all.
F1SHEYES (NA)
: Why is Riot adding more true damage?
Converting a % of your damage to true damage, as with Conqueror and PBE Infinity Edge, is a simplified way of saying "your damage gains penetration that increases in effectiveness the higher your target's resistances are". It makes damage more consistent versus tanks while somewhat lessening the impact on squishier enemies.
: Ashe + New IE / Stormrazor
Ashe can critically strike, it's just that her crits apply an enhanced slow rather than deal additional damage. Thus, Stormrazor would cause her first auto to apply that enhanced slow. Not sure how IE would work, though. Does it include the bonus damage Ashe gets from Frost when converting to true damage, or just the base damage of her autos? If it's the latter, then yeah, nobody's going to build IE on her.
Kelg (NA)
: How come Conqueror isn't adaptive?
You want to try dueling a Malphite or Maokai that has AP Conqueror? IIRC, Maokai was the reason Riot didn't make it adaptive.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-05-05T21:45:53.105+0000) > > You want the entire class to be worthless AND remove the only efficient means of killing tanks? > > Nuking the entire class just results in a tank meta _(because the class that's supposed to keep tanks in check as the game goes on just got gutted)_ where the only 'usable' ADCs would be Ashe and Sivir, who even then would only really function as "secondary supports". > > Making ADCs worthless also makes assassins borderline worthless by extension because who are they going to assassinate? They can kill the enemy's wave-clear mage if they have one, but then they're left shrugging their shoulders at the tanks they can't kill. > > You're left with a game that's nothing but tanks and wave-clear mages, and I don't know about you, but that sounds agonizingly boring. lol what part of "adc needs massive fucking nerfs" means that if they get get those nerf they will be "worthless" are you really that unaware about how strong they are right now...
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2018-05-05T22:22:34.016+0000) > > lol what part of "adc needs massive fucking nerfs" means that if they get get those nerf they will be "worthless" > > are you really that unaware about how strong they are right now... You're looking for a massive power shift _(from burst towards sustained damage)_ rather than a massive nerf. When you say "massive fucking nerfs", the weight of the words implies that you want ADCs to be worthless.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-05-05T21:45:53.105+0000) > > You want the entire class to be worthless AND remove the only efficient means of killing tanks? > > Nuking the entire class just results in a tank meta _(because the class that's supposed to keep tanks in check as the game goes on just got gutted)_ where the only 'usable' ADCs would be Ashe and Sivir, who even then would only really function as "secondary supports". > > Making ADCs worthless also makes assassins borderline worthless by extension because who are they going to assassinate? They can kill the enemy's wave-clear mage if they have one, but then they're left shrugging their shoulders at the tanks they can't kill. > > You're left with a game that's nothing but tanks and wave-clear mages, and I don't know about you, but that sounds agonizingly boring. You can nerf marksmen and tanks at the same time. You don't have to exclusively nerf one or the other.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-05-05T21:55:25.363+0000) > > You can nerf marksmen and tanks at the same time. You don't have to exclusively nerf one or the other. If you nerf tanks so that non-ADC classes can handle them at more points in the game, then why would anyone ever play a tank?
: i like how there is a "breaking point for adc to be starter than they were before... THERE IS NO NEED FOR A FUCKING BREAKING POINT adc need MASSIVE nerfs in every single aspect, hell the "buff" they gave to mages is more if a nerf, than the nerf to ADC's. like how fucking biased can u get. this is absurd... i mean its been TWO FUCKING YEARS, and u STILL have to try to fucking "COMPENSATE" they nerff NERFS GIANT FUCKING FLAT NERFS. they dont need ANY form of compensation. not even in the slightest .
> [{quoted}](name=SwiftKitten88,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3kYiNEy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-05T21:40:26.495+0000) > > i like how there is a "breaking point for adc to be starter than they were before... > > THERE IS NO NEED FOR A FUCKING BREAKING POINT > adc need MASSIVE nerfs in every single aspect, hell the "buff" they gave to mages is more if a nerf, than the nerf to ADC's. > > like how fucking biased can u get. this is absurd... i mean its been TWO FUCKING YEARS, and u STILL have to try to fucking "COMPENSATE" > > they nerff NERFS > GIANT FUCKING FLAT NERFS. they dont need ANY form of compensation. not even in the slightest . You want the entire class to be worthless AND remove the only efficient means of killing tanks? Nuking the entire class just results in a tank meta _(because the class that's supposed to keep tanks in check as the game goes on just got gutted)_ where the only 'usable' ADCs would be Ashe and Sivir, who even then would only really function as "secondary supports". Making ADCs worthless also makes assassins borderline worthless by extension because who are they going to assassinate? They can kill the enemy's wave-clear mage if they have one, but then they're left shrugging their shoulders at the tanks they can't kill. You're left with a game that's nothing but tanks and wave-clear mages, and I don't know about you, but that sounds agonizingly boring.
: Meddler/Ghostcrawler what is the intended armor breaking point for new IE + zeal to be better?
Reduce the Zeal upgrades to 25% crit chance each, and make IE's true damage conversion scale "half with level" like lethality does. 25% crit chance is a nicer number than 30% anyway, since 1/4 is easier to grok than 3/10, and it makes the IE + double Zeal upgrade build curve more smoothly at 25 -> 50 -> 100. IE's conversion being gated by level accomplishes the same "limit early power while still letting it do the job late" thing as lethality's scaling.
koshkyra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vid the Strange,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3kyxAZtT,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-05-05T19:30:56.791+0000) > > Most mages had 6 before this patch. ... oh, yeah, i forgot that our mana regen got changed this patch, oh well.. did you mean "after" this patch? {{sticker:cass-cry}}
> [{quoted}](name=JamesTheMage15,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3kyxAZtT,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-05-05T19:35:50.407+0000) > > ... oh, yeah, i forgot that our mana regen got changed this patch, oh well.. > did you mean "after" this patch? > {{sticker:cass-cry}} "This patch" meaning 8.9, the patch we're currently on. Most mages had 6 mana regen in 8.8 and earlier. Mana regen got buffed by 2-3 points on most mages, in addition to base mana pool buffs. What got nerfed was mana per level, but mana-using mages virtually always buy at least one mana item (speaking of which, Luden's and GLP-800 had their mana buffed by 100 too) so they still have more mana than other roles anyway.
: Can taliyah get a second passive?
{{champion:516}} - Can buy non-consumable items anywhere while out of combat. - He and his teammates have access to upgraded items with enhanced stats. - His basic attacks knock back Brittle enemies. - Brittle enemies take % max HP magic damage when immobilized by him or one of his allies. That's literally 3 or 4 passives depending on how you look at it, and NONE of them have drawbacks.
koshkyra (NA)
: What mage has 6 mana regen, all of them have like 9-11
> [{quoted}](name=JamesTheMage15,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3kyxAZtT,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-05-05T19:27:36.850+0000) > > What mage has 6 mana regen, all of them have like 9-11 Most mages had 6 before this patch.
: Why Not Make Fleet Footwork Only Work Against Champions For Ranged Champions?
You'd have to change how it works internally, then, since Fleet Footwork is an energized effect. You can't just make FF not work on minions when Shiv/RFC do, since they're the same effect but with different bonuses. I mean, I guess you could say "On ranged champions, energized attacks only grant FF versus enemy champions", but that's a lot clunkier than just reducing the heal, I think.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kelg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hffELEz7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-04T22:47:56.847+0000) > > Might be good on {{champion:82}} to get his Qs off I was considering it myself. AA Qreset. Q. BONK. Since Mordes AS is really low. Rageblade might be a must for that build
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hffELEz7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-05T00:18:53.849+0000) > > I was considering it myself. AA Qreset. Q. BONK. > > Since Mordes AS is really low. Rageblade might be a must for that build Why Rageblade and not Nashor's? Nashor's gives a lot of AS up-front without the need to stack up, gives more AP up-front _(you need an additional ~204 AP from other sources before a fully stacked Rageblade gives as much AP as Nashor's does)_, and has 20% CDR.
: Relax. I am absolutely disgusted at how blatant the ADC favoritism is right now, but we can't change that by using capslock.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yJ96XAH5,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-05-04T23:32:29.191+0000) > > Relax. > > I am absolutely disgusted at how blatant the ADC favoritism is right now, but we can't change that by using capslock. What else is there? Riot doesn't even seem like they're looking at the same game as the majority of players sometimes.
: What's the point of Hail of Blades?
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hffELEz7,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-04T22:26:38.615+0000) > > Many others have also said that Attack Speed based Rune doesn't belong in the Domination path, and I agree. It's not a conventional AS rune, instead being a burst rune that utilizes the AS stat, so it makes sense for it to be on the burst-oriented path. That said, it seems like it'd be pretty nuts on Rengar, letting him unload a lot of damage very quickly after Q due to the massive combined AS steroid he'd have.
: Gameplay: Just had a support who finished Sightstone at 25minutes
Does the GP10 on the support items not count towards the quest anymore? I thought it used to, which did effectively give the items an automatic turn-on time.
: Gangplank isn't going to be building IE anymore dude. Cost too high benefits to low for GP. There also planning on ruining the synergy between tri force and steraks soon which is why I suggested these changes. Most gangplank players are gonna be building lethality now so the old build isn't gonna be as functional soon. Only items I see still being apart of gangplanks build path in the next few patches are tri force and ghost blade.
> [{quoted}](name=BUISSERETH,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wbmu9sUU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-04T02:42:20.787+0000) > > Gangplank isn't going to be building IE anymore dude. Cost too high benefits to low for GP. There also planning on ruining the synergy between tri force and steraks soon which is why I suggested these changes. Most gangplank players are gonna be building lethality now so the old build isn't gonna be as functional soon. Only items I see still being apart of gangplanks build path in the next few patches are tri force and ghost blade. I'm saying that IE and Stormrazor would be the "new" Critplank, since you mentioned Critplank specifically. You wouldn't need to waste slots on Zeal items for crit chance because Stormrazor would make all your Parrrleys critically strike by itself. Meaning they always benefit from IE's true damage, and you'd have room for more AD due to not having AD-less Zeal items. Trinity is still core regardless, and Sterak's pairs too well with Trinity to not be built. He'd then build Stormrazor third to effectively double Parrrley's base damage, and then IE fourth for even MORE AD and converting 20% of Parrrley to true damage.
koshkyra (NA)
: Can we get DFT back?
> _**Deathfire Ignition**_ > > Dealing ability damage to an enemy champion applies Deathfire to them, dealing an additional 1-6 (based on Level) (+3% AP) (+4% Bonus AD) Adaptive Damage per half-second for a duration based on the ability type: > > - Single Target: 3 Seconds -- 6 - 36 (+18% AP) (+24% Bonus AD) > - AoE: 1.5 Seconds -- 3 - 18 (+9% AP) (+12% Bonus AD) > - DoT: 0.5 Seconds -- 1 - 6 (+3% AP) (+4% Bonus AD) > > If Deathfire burns a target for 10 consecutive seconds, the flames erupt, instantly applying the damage of any remaining Deathfire ticks and scalding them for 8 seconds, during which you cannot apply Deathfire to them again.
: Changes to ADC items are in a backwards direction
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QAJQsE86,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-03T22:20:26.358+0000) > > First off, IE builds out of two **1300 gold items** that have no components and costs a massive **3700 gold** (1100 to combine into). **This feels shitty to build.** {{item:3089}} says hi. Also, making scaling champions take longer to scale is kinda the point. Would you rather they not scale at all and games take twice as long because neither side can breach the other's defenses? Or they scale too fast and other classes lose their agency on the game? Marksmen have to scale at some point. It just happens too fast currently, so of course they're dialing it back.
: PLEASE MAKE GP Q PROC WITH STORMRAZOR
You realize that this wouldn't stop GP from building Tri+Sterak's, right? He'd just build Stormrazor alongside Tri+Sterak's and chunk people even harder. It wouldn't even be Critplank in the normal sense, since Stormrazor would be the only "crit" item he'd need. {{item:3078}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3031}} + Stormrazor
saltran (EUW)
: But FleetF comes with A speed, worthless on most mages
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xsvq8TlJ,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-05-03T21:31:13.710+0000) > > But FleetF comes with A speed, worthless on most mages If you mean the bonus for going Precision primary, it's only 9% AS. Assuming you go Sorcery or Domination secondary, you still get 10 AP from the adaptive bonus as well.
: Mages only have 1 truly dedicated Keystone...
There's nothing stopping mages from using Fleet Footwork, though. In fact, Footwork for the most part actually heals more with AP than it does for AD. Even moreso once IE's critical modifier is removed. _(Don't let the fact that the heal can crit fool you, it only increases the heal by 40% without IE, whereas the AP ratio on Footwork is already higher than the AD ratio to begin with.)_ The only problem, really, is that the Precision tree's middle row has nothing useful for mages. Replace Legend: Bloodline with a Legend rune that gives CDR or something, so that mages have a rune in that row. /-/-/ _**Legend: Intellect**_ Gain 5% (+0.5% per Legend stack) Cooldown Reduction, up to 10% at 10 stacks. /-/-/ Of course we probably can't have this because of Ezreal.
: @riot, I feel like nashors tooth and lich bane could be improved
The only thing I'd argue that Nashor's could use is some movement speed, if only because MS helps auto-based items with attack-moving and a lot of Nashor's users don't get other MS items outside of boots. An Aether Wisp could easily fit into the build path if you bump up the cost a bit, which isn't entirely out of the question because Nashor's is insanely gold-efficient as it is _(nearly 140% efficient, making it one of the most highly efficient items in terms of stats in the entire game)_. Bump the cost up to 3200, put an Aether Wisp in the recipe, and give the completed item 5-7% MS or so. This also makes the AP not such a stark jump when completing the item, since the current version goes from Codex's 35 straight up to 80.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shadow Hazard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jeEEma8K,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T19:13:08.470+0000) > > Phone autocorrect is fun that way, fixed it. ok so as a side note: i think lowering the AP on LB and throwing some pen on it would give it more use Nashors is.. actually quite common. It's just an item for a specific niche of champs. Plus with transcendance it gives a lot of ap
> [{quoted}](name=T3H UB3RN07,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jeEEma8K,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T19:15:41.650+0000) > > ok > > so as a side note: i think lowering the AP on LB and throwing some pen on it would give it more use There's no feasible way to fit Oblivion Orb into Lich Bane's build path without giving up the MS from Aether Wisp, and the MS actually is rather important for the champions that use Lich. The only other alternative would be to have it gain Orb's Touch of Death passive from nothing, because them not sharing a name would be problematic. If you were thinking % penetration, then it would have to be a named passive, with Void Staff's passive having the same name. Lest there be too much magic penetration.
: Anyone crying that Tryndamere is OP** has never played him, fact
I usually see people complain about Tryndamere being poorly designed rather than being broken. Trynd's passive should get way more flak than it does since it's arguably a worse offender than Yasuo's. Assuming the same items built, Trynd at max fury has higher crit chance than Yasuo until 1.5 items, and even then the difference is minimal since Trynd's crits don't deal less damage and he gets more AD from his Q. This on top of the fact that Trynd has a form of innate sustain and his base stats are significantly better than Yasuo's. Significantly better than those of most champions, actually, since Trynd has some of the highest all-around base stats in the game last I checked.
: Am I the only AP main that is jealous of the new Essence reaver?
What would an "AP version of ER" even look like? Most AP champions don't auto enough for an effect like the new ER passive to be viable.
Ultîma (NA)
: Stormrazor should proc on GP's Q
Stormrazor's likely an on-attack buff, which is why Parrrley doesn't trigger it. Parrrley has a lot of properties that basic attacks do, but is still an ability cast rather than an actual basic attack. _(GP's kit itself even makes this distinction since Parrrley doesn't apply Trial by Fire.)_ On-attack effects are different from on-hit effects in that on-attacks actually require you to execute a basic attack.
: Why not give IE the Deathcap treatment
It's not supposed to be an assassin item, though. Doing this would just make it an assassin item since ADCs don't even get AD from half their items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OnsEj7x6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-03T16:51:40.438+0000) > > It's basically the same concept, just different numbers tuning and making it true damage instead of armor pen makes the impact more visible for players. true damage bypasses % damage reduction. bonus armor penetration would only reduce the effectiveness of armor stacking. there is a big difference. champion abilities that are supposed to reduce a lot of damage are less effective. also {{item:3047}} passive and {{item:3143}} are a lot less effective against adc.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OnsEj7x6,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-03T16:55:31.029+0000) > > true damage bypasses % damage reduction. The other 80% of their damage, which is still physical damage, does not.
Doozku (NA)
: Is GP Q designed to not interact with Stormrazer?
Presumably Stormrazor is an on-attack buff, which is why GP's Q won't trigger it _(since it's still an ability cast rather than a basic attack)_. On-attack effects are different from on-hit effects in that on-attacks actually require you to execute a basic attack command.
: > [{quoted}](name=Baron Barian,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEZwkFGA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T03:23:50.265+0000) > > To be fair, he really is meant to be a jungler, not a midlaner. Wouldn't really classify him as a mage. He isn't a Mage 1st of ALL he is an AP bruiser Battlemage like Galio. 2nd of all he was never meant to be a jungler but was reworked for god knows what reason to be a tank.
> [{quoted}](name=taleofsonata,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HEZwkFGA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T03:25:47.926+0000) > > He isn't a Mage 1st of ALL he is an AP bruiser Battlemage like Galio. 2nd of all he was never meant to be a jungler but was reworked for god knows what reason to be a tank. I distinctly remember AP mid Gragas being hated for his ability to just blow people up with QR while being hard to kill due to his passive and W. Him being more of a beefy brawler is definitely more in line with his characterization/theme than just instantly nuking people with barrels.
: Please stop adding 0 counterplay items
For real, though, DPS champions are supposed to out-scale tanks. SOMETHING has to beat tanks late-game, otherwise games would drag on far longer than is reasonable due to nobody being able to kill the tanks. Okay, so 20% of the ADC's damage is true damage. That's still 80% of their damage being physical, and thus mitigated by your armor. Offense HAS to out-scale defense by some point, because defense can't close out games.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: I actually think that 8.11 will be the end of tanks, at least past 30 minutes. So if you are tank, better end early or else you will get shredded late game.
> [{quoted}](name=Annie2hardtoplay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hZyfvcyT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-03T02:01:57.089+0000) > > I actually think that 8.11 will be the end of tanks, at least past 30 minutes. So if you are tank, better end early or else you will get shredded late game. The champions who buy Infinity Edge are SUPPOSED to shred tanks past 30 minutes. That's literally the entire purpose of the item, and has been since forever. This change just makes it less powerful against squishies.
JLopean (OCE)
: Idea: hard bot mode - 4 humans vs 5 bots
Any slightly competent player can get fed and 1v3 at minimum versus intermediate bots, so knocking one human off the human team doesn't really do anything.
: Meanwhile Morg gets her mana regen buffed even though she's not used mid anymore lul
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2Zw6sK4n,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T01:51:43.226+0000) > > Meanwhile Morg gets her mana regen buffed even though she's not used mid anymore lul Brand and Zyra both got mana regen buffs too even though they're primarily played support. Because support Brand definitely needed two more W's worth of base mana on top of improved regen before factoring in Spellthief's.
: So now that Dorans ring is utter garbage. I found this is a great alternative.
Considering the Ring changes were specifically to curb the "braindead farming mid" strategy, yeah. Also, not having the 60 HP from Ring or the healing from two potions means any remotely competent laner is just going to poke the hell out of you.
: Why can't we give Oblivion Orb Grievous Wounds?
Executioner's and Bramble Vest are both very inefficient for their price in stats alone _(~65% and 70% respectively)_. Oblivion Orb, on the other hand, is 102% efficient by itself.
: Only problem I have with this is that haste is linked to lost chapter. So either you have to change the flat cdr it gives or you have to change the unique passive name. Otherwise it sounds ok
> [{quoted}](name=M00ndanc3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5V2sYVYh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T01:06:59.701+0000) > > Only problem I have with this is that haste is linked to lost chapter. So either you have to change the flat cdr it gives or you have to change the unique passive name. Otherwise it sounds ok Could probably just say 20% CDR outright. I was just reading Archangel's templating when writing that.
: They should do what they did with the beemo skin with every skin
IIRC, Beemo is an experiment to see if Riot can handle doing it that way. I imagine legendary and ultimate skins would still appear on the PBE for testing, though, to scout for particle/VO bugs.
Show more

Vid the Strange

Level 15 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion