: > [{quoted}](name=Almal1bre ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgXB3cYb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T15:36:01.840+0000) > > Updated about the chat logs. Alright! Let's take a look. > [19:59] Almal1bre (Kassadin): **ur ape** > [20:01] Almal1bre (Kassadin): **literally** > [30:32] Almal1bre (Kassadin): grow up kid > [34:52] [All] Almal1bre (Kassadin): **bg** This is all definitely punishable, unfortunately. If you were coming off a 14-day ban there is NO room for insults or bad manners, and calling other players apes, telling them to grow up, and ending with the equivalent of "bad game" is not a good example of reformed behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MgXB3cYb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-19T15:40:11.854+0000) > > Alright! Let's take a look. > > This is all definitely punishable, unfortunately. If you were coming off a 14-day ban there is NO room for insults or bad manners, and calling other players apes, telling them to grow up, and ending with the equivalent of "bad game" is not a good example of reformed behavior. Are you absolutely joking me right now? This is NOT perma bannable. Being slightly rude is not the same as being completely toxic to the point of needing to be perma banned. This generation has to be the softest people the world has ever encountered.
: You have to be really toxic to get a perma... If you just say stuff like "you suck" you have to to it in nearly every single game in ordr to get a perma, and you also need to completly ignore previous punishments. You are not "mildly toxic" if you get a perma with that, you are really, really toxic, a complete jerk. How would you proceed after a 14-day ban?
> [{quoted}](name=Cantabrum,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BseqHjb1,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-19T07:31:39.198+0000) > > You have to be really toxic to get a perma... > If you just say stuff like "you suck" you have to to it in nearly every single game in ordr to get a perma, and you also need to completly ignore previous punishments. You are not "mildly toxic" if you get a perma with that, you are really, really toxic, a complete jerk. > > How would you proceed after a 14-day ban? Just keep doing it over and over, I agree perma bans should be the worst of the absolute worst. Death threats, straight running it down mid etc.
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vishan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=n6JrfsVN,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T18:11:18.201+0000) > > Spanking small children is fine because they can't reason yet. That's the only way for them to know what they are doing is wrong. Don't be a cupcake. Many studies have shown this to not be true. Using violence predominantly teaches children that violence is a "solution". There are many other teaching methods that are more effective, including the one I am most familiar with, [Gentle Teaching](https://www.gentleteaching.nl/gentle/index.php/en/).
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=n6JrfsVN,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-19T00:03:05.563+0000) > > Many studies have shown this to not be true. Using violence predominantly teaches children that violence is a "solution". There are many other teaching methods that are more effective, including the one I am most familiar with, [Gentle Teaching](https://www.gentleteaching.nl/gentle/index.php/en/). And many studies have show it to be true. Violence is a "solution". It's a last resort solution but it works. Noone is advocating beating children for every minor infraction. But responsible judicial use of spanking when a child is completely out of control is warranted. I think this never stand up to your child BS is what's leading to the snowflake epidemic we have now.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vishan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Jo65IJjP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-18T17:56:57.772+0000) > > That's my point, I shouldn't have to do that, I shouldn't have to micro manage people's ignorance in a game. Then don't. No one wants you to.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Jo65IJjP,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-06-18T18:20:43.704+0000) > > Then don't. No one wants you to. Then why bring it up if no one wants me to? Make sense please.
Escheton (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Utopian Society,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=n6JrfsVN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-17T19:34:45.649+0000) > > so you make bad plays and someone calls you out and you get offended and make more bad plays? > > thing is you are not going to stop making bad plays just because you can't be called out on it. if anything this poor asshole who you are screwing over is helping you. No, it's science. Like hitting your kid is bad not just because of morals but also because it inhibits brain function. Pingspamming people is literally making them dumber because they have to deal with that shit. Subsequently they make bad plays because they aren't functioning 100%.
> [{quoted}](name=Escheton,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=n6JrfsVN,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-06-18T17:57:33.656+0000) > > No, it's science. Like hitting your kid is bad not just because of morals but also because it inhibits brain function. > Pingspamming people is literally making them dumber because they have to deal with that shit. Subsequently they make bad plays because they aren't functioning 100%. Spanking small children is fine because they can't reason yet. That's the only way for them to know what they are doing is wrong. Don't be a cupcake.
Vishan (NA)
: Babysitting snowflakes
That's my point, I shouldn't have to do that, I shouldn't have to micro manage people's ignorance in a game.
Umbra Z (NA)
: I understand some games are winnable, but god some games are already decided, if their vayne is 13-3 at 25 min and your only champ with cc is afk just let the game go, sometimes you just cant win 'em
> [{quoted}](name=Umbra Z,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jkJAUBNU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-18T16:55:37.246+0000) > > I understand some games are winnable, but god some games are already decided, if their vayne is 13-3 at 25 min and your only champ with cc is afk just let the game go, sometimes you just cant win 'em NO WAY MAN. This one time my cousin told me that he won a 3 hour game that was a 4v5 and it's totally worth it to waste everyone's time on the rare occurrence that it would happen.
Rioter Comments
: I like all the people judging you for being mean while also relentlessly insulting you
> [{quoted}](name=Lil Mewfeuille,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=qbjaU3w7,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-06-18T00:06:43.269+0000) > > I like all the people judging you for being mean while also relentlessly insulting you Ironic isn't it?
Chermorg (NA)
: So, let's clear some things up: 1. One report is the same as five reports. It doesn't matter if a premade all report you, five independent people report you, or just one person reports you. It all flags it the same for review. 2. You flamed. It doesn't matter if someone was trolling, feeding, flaming you, etc. You flamed. You are responsible for your own actions regardless of anyone else's actions. You are free to mute and report people whose chat you do not wish to see. You are not free to respond to it in any way you wish (including flaming). 3. This is the third time this has happened? Seriously, learn your lesson already.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nEnMFQ37,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-17T06:16:48.002+0000) > > So, let's clear some things up: > > 1. One report is the same as five reports. It doesn't matter if a premade all report you, five independent people report you, or just one person reports you. It all flags it the same for review. > > 2. You flamed. It doesn't matter if someone was trolling, feeding, flaming you, etc. You flamed. You are responsible for your own actions regardless of anyone else's actions. You are free to mute and report people whose chat you do not wish to see. You are not free to respond to it in any way you wish (including flaming). > > 3. This is the third time this has happened? Seriously, learn your lesson already. Whatever you do, do not fight back. Fighting back and standing up for one's self has become a big no-no in this culture. Passive sheeple are much easier to control you see.
: Exactly. The community is so soft. Twitch and I at the end of the game resolved our problems anyways because the game was won. It was the other players on my team that felt the need to report both of us yet they could've just muted us also?
> [{quoted}](name=Gus Alcaraz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2017-06-17T10:52:45.437+0000) > > Exactly. The community is so soft. Twitch and I at the end of the game resolved our problems anyways because the game was won. It was the other players on my team that felt the need to report both of us yet they could've just muted us also? Of course people can't just mute. However would they make themselves into victims of being cyber bullied if they just muted you all? I mean if something is making them uncomfortable or distracting them and they could instantly make it stop, there's no way they could become offended.
Ðuxure (NA)
: "Riot's policy is currently that they will punish someone who retaliates to toxicity with toxicity." That sums up the whole situation right there. Someone is trolling you? You better not complain, or we'll permaban you. Also, I agree with you. I too believe that Riot doesn't care. I guess I was baited by all of their posts to the public claiming that they "want to be more open" and "want the best experience for our players".
> [{quoted}](name=Ðuxure,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=lazcENJP,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T09:24:04.975+0000) > > "Riot's policy is currently that they will punish someone who retaliates to toxicity with toxicity." That sums up the whole situation right there. Someone is trolling you? You better not complain, or we'll permaban you. > > Also, I agree with you. I too believe that Riot doesn't care. I guess I was baited by all of their posts to the public claiming that they "want to be more open" and "want the best experience for our players". It's a cowardly way for them to police their game. Let trolls completely ruin your game, but don't you dare say a single word or you are the bad guy. This is the same vein of thinking where people get sued for fighting off muggers or people breaking into their house. Just let them take whatever they want, but don't you fight back!
: When you queue up you are promising your time until the game that starts is over to your team. If your team wants to play the game out for any reason what right do you have to make them stop when you already committed your time to them? I have a lot of fun in losing games, and you will never learn how to play from behind if you just surrender at 20 every time you are losing. I have had 2 hour long games in the past and those are some of the best games I have ever had. Also, I have a lot of fun in 4v5 situations, regardless of whether I am winning or losing. For a lot of people the game is more about winning or losing, it is about having fun in the experience.
> [{quoted}](name=Zezockary,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=RTTMaEML,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-16T18:43:07.103+0000) > > When you queue up you are promising your time until the game that starts is over to your team. If your team wants to play the game out for any reason what right do you have to make them stop when you already committed your time to them? > > I have a lot of fun in losing games, and you will never learn how to play from behind if you just surrender at 20 every time you are losing. I have had 2 hour long games in the past and those are some of the best games I have ever had. > > Also, I have a lot of fun in 4v5 situations, regardless of whether I am winning or losing. For a lot of people the game is more about winning or losing, it is about having fun in the experience. I could pose the question in reverse, if the majority(3) want to stop playing because they aren't having any fun anymore, what right do you have to make them keep playing just because you are having fun? Your chances of losing are way higher with people that don't want to play and have a bad attitude about it.
Xidphel (NA)
: Reports exist. Shut him up, keep playing, mute him at the end, bam. The above happens to the other player because you didn't flame. Not always gonna be told your report got him to be punished but you're doing SOMETHING. Flaming someone who flames you is like countering a shit-thrower by throwing shit at him. No matter what happens, you're getting shit everywhere and need to leave.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T09:42:06.833+0000) > > Reports exist. Shut him up, keep playing, mute him at the end, bam. The above happens to the other player because you didn't flame. > > Not always gonna be told your report got him to be punished but you're doing SOMETHING. Flaming someone who flames you is like countering a shit-thrower by throwing shit at him. No matter what happens, you're getting shit everywhere and need to leave. Again this is like when terrorist attacks happen and people just like on facebook so they feel like they are doing SOMETHING, when in reality they arent.
Prandine (NA)
: You already answered your own question: you retaliated, which is not an acceptable excuse. Regardless of who started it this does not give you a free pass to behave poorly as well. Next time just mute, report ane move on. Doing so ensures that you dont get punished alongside them.
> [{quoted}](name=Prandine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-06-17T06:25:53.299+0000) > > You already answered your own question: you retaliated, which is not an acceptable excuse. Regardless of who started it this does not give you a free pass to behave poorly as well. Next time just mute, report ane move on. Doing so ensures that you dont get punished alongside them. There's nothing virtuous about being a doormat. This generation is so lost. Send your thoughts and prayers and never do anything but run away?
: He did something wrong first, so it justifies my wrong actions argument is beyond dumb. Just because you see someone else breaking the rules doesn't mean it's perfectly ok for you. Your 100% no better than the person who started it. Not to mention they don't ban you off one offense - you've clearly done this multiple times. The best way to not get punished is mute/move on. Not act like a child who didn't get his way.
> [{quoted}](name=Resolution,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PY4jKKW6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-16T21:26:34.781+0000) > > He did something wrong first, so it justifies my wrong actions argument is beyond dumb. Just because you see someone else breaking the rules doesn't mean it's perfectly ok for you. > > Your 100% no better than the person who started it. Not to mention they don't ban you off one offense - you've clearly done this multiple times. > > The best way to not get punished is mute/move on. Not act like a child who didn't get his way. This is such a cowardly way to look at things. Just because someone is breaking into my house and beating up my wife, doesn't give me the right to fight back! Two wrongs dont make a right. Standing up for yourself and talking shit back is human nature if you're not a doormat.
: Forge on! Haters gonna hate. Even top Riven players mess up from time to time. There's no good reason to be toxic - there's _always_ a better option. Ignore 'em and level up your game. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Fenyx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qH16gN6a,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-06-16T20:14:21.667+0000) > > Forge on! Haters gonna hate. > > Even top Riven players mess up from time to time. There's no good reason to be toxic - there's _always_ a better option. Ignore 'em and level up your game. :) So your advice is to say screw your teammates, who cares if you make them lose? When did people get so ridiculously selfish.
MysterQ (NA)
: I am sorry you were banned. At the same time maybe it is for the best. If the game causes you that much distress it is good to put it away. Another user made a plea saying he used LoL as his coping mechanism for PTSD, but LoL is not an approved method. It is best to avoid it if it causes problwms.
> [{quoted}](name=MysterQ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KghetbGe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-06-16T00:31:34.004+0000) > > I am sorry you were banned. > > At the same time maybe it is for the best. If the game causes you that much distress it is good to put it away. Another user made a plea saying he used LoL as his coping mechanism for PTSD, but LoL is not an approved method. It is best to avoid it if it causes problwms. No, I refuse to let this win. I'm not going to give up something i have loved for years to this.
: There's a lot going on here at once and I think A) you need a ticket, not a boards post and B) to do everything you can to see this from their point of view. I'm not going to say you're lying. I'm not going to say you're wrong, or unjustified. But a lot of people who get banned don't like it and don't have qualms about getting unbanned by whatever means work for them. You're going to be swimming upstream on this one and you need to realize that's not an attack on you, it's a necessary evil to deal with the actual toxicity that plagues the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Fuzzi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KghetbGe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-16T00:25:48.554+0000) > > There's a lot going on here at once and I think A) you need a ticket, not a boards post and B) to do everything you can to see this from their point of view. > > I'm not going to say you're lying. I'm not going to say you're wrong, or unjustified. > > But a lot of people who get banned don't like it and don't have qualms about getting unbanned by whatever means work for them. You're going to be swimming upstream on this one and you need to realize that's not an attack on you, it's a necessary evil to deal with the actual toxicity that plagues the game. I humbly disagree. I don't think things need to be in kept in the dark. Bringing things to light and publicly speaking about them does far more good for the community than sending emails that Riot could easily ignore. I am starting to agree with Hallbuster that Riot only cares about money and making money now. I guess it's inevitable. All companies end up this way. They start out small and awesome, but eventually making money outstrips everything else. Maybe i'm just feeling sorry for myself because here's yet another thing being taken away from me because of my new found illness. But hey, once I come out of the other side I will be stronger.
Rioter Comments
Jo0o (NA)
: It's not about orders, it's about encouragement. At-risk individuals may be tipped over the edge by suicide encouragement. It wouldn't be the cause of suicide by any means, but it COULD be the straw that broke the camels back. This is a game that kids can play, after all. I'm in my mid-twenties now, but in the years since I graduated high school my old school has had a suicide epidemic. At a rate of roughly one or two kids per year, kids have been killing themselves, presumably due to the high-pressure environment. I can readily imagine one of those kids trying to unwind with some League after school, only to be devastated by the words of a random internet troll and pushed over the edge.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Anompku2,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-15T17:04:14.843+0000) > > It's not about orders, it's about encouragement. > > At-risk individuals may be tipped over the edge by suicide encouragement. It wouldn't be the cause of suicide by any means, but it COULD be the straw that broke the camels back. This is a game that kids can play, after all. > > I'm in my mid-twenties now, but in the years since I graduated high school my old school has had a suicide epidemic. At a rate of roughly one or two kids per year, kids have been killing themselves, presumably due to the high-pressure environment. I can readily imagine one of those kids trying to unwind with some League after school, only to be devastated by the words of a random internet troll and pushed over the edge. It's called natural selection. Not everyone is supposed to make it. We as humans like to think that we have it all figured out and everyone should survive, and that's just now nature designed the world to function.
4Jhín (NA)
: I'm legitimately pissed about this. I have been trying so hard to reform and then get banned because someone was mad and reported everyone. This should never get anyone banned this way. Even if I don't get my account back i hope this sheds some light on how badly the rules enforcement needs revamped. People are being banned just from people rage reporting.
> [{quoted}](name=4Jhín,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=BUrtv2EB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-15T15:20:35.080+0000) > > I'm legitimately pissed about this. I have been trying so hard to reform and then get banned because someone was mad and reported everyone. This should never get anyone banned this way. > > Even if I don't get my account back i hope this sheds some light on how badly the rules enforcement needs revamped. People are being banned just from people rage reporting. Basically the way that this game is policed is straight garbage now run over by snowflakes, cupcakes, liberals, and cowards. If you don't want to be banned, literally type nothing into chat. Period. Do not type a single thing. Probably what happened is there was a duo on your team and they reported you. Auto triggered the review process and now you are banned. If you so much as type one thing into chat after you come off of your ban, the perma ban will hit you instantly. Seriously your best bet in this game now is to just auto mute your entire team, and pretend it's a single player game. No communication at all. One snowflake gets offended and you are banned.
Poske (EUNE)
: Thats 2 players who reached challenger telling you not to build defense when behind on a carry, what more do you want? Bjergsen is 100% right If you want some defense go double doran You guys just have a wrong way of looking at it. Last time I had my teammate suggesting something retarded was when They told me to get old abysall against annie/syndra while I was playing le bl As one of the best le bl players consistently in the world. ABYSALL IS COMPLETE TRASH ITEM FOR LE BL Had I went that I wouldnt be able to kill anyone and I would still die to annie/syndra We lost that game anyway but I was impactful despite being behind. Didnt manage to dodge annie tibbers despite dashing around her and baiting it like a madman because player had reflexes of potato); He admited to me that he couldnt aim me I was dashing every 0,2 seconds Annie killed me 3 times this way. My predictions on her tibbers cast werent off, she wasnt even patient... she just couldnt aim me so after I dashed 4 times around over her .. then she stunned me ); If I were up against better annie player I would ironicly juke her ultimate while deleting her Other then losing 1vs1 to annie couple of times after not going abysall (Woudlnt do anything if she stuns i am dead,,, ) I was useful. There are items who are worth rushing for defense Hexdrinker... (This item singlehandledly is a reason why you ll never see double mage botlane) You can stack dorans Black cleaver if you are riven but this is her core ... thats kinda it Armguards are to underwelming If you are playing a carry (AP,AD,MELEE) and if you are behind defense is bad
> [{quoted}](name=Sub HeroCro,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEEs3vt9,comment-id=000200020002000000010000,timestamp=2017-06-01T07:07:51.733+0000) > > Thats 2 players who reached challenger telling you not to build defense when behind on a carry, what more do you want? > > Bjergsen is 100% right > > > If you want some defense go double doran > > > You guys just have a wrong way of looking at it. > > > Last time I had my teammate suggesting something retarded was when They told me to get old abysall against annie/syndra while I was playing le bl > > As one of the best le bl players consistently in the world. ABYSALL IS COMPLETE TRASH ITEM FOR LE BL > > Had I went that I wouldnt be able to kill anyone and I would still die to annie/syndra > > > We lost that game anyway but I was impactful despite being behind. Didnt manage to dodge annie tibbers despite dashing around her and baiting it like a madman because player had reflexes of potato); He admited to me that he couldnt aim me I was dashing every 0,2 seconds > > > Annie killed me 3 times this way. My predictions on her tibbers cast werent off, she wasnt even patient... she just couldnt aim me so after I dashed 4 times around over her .. then she stunned me ); > > If I were up against better annie player I would ironicly juke her ultimate while deleting her > > Other then losing 1vs1 to annie couple of times after not going abysall (Woudlnt do anything if she stuns i am dead,,, ) I was useful. > > > There are items who are worth rushing for defense > Hexdrinker... (This item singlehandledly is a reason why you ll never see double mage botlane) > You can stack dorans > Black cleaver if you are riven but this is her core ... > > > thats kinda it > > Armguards are to underwelming > > If you are playing a carry (AP,AD,MELEE) and if you are behind defense is bad What you aren't taking into consideration is that HE is a challenger player. 99% of us are not. HE can build pure offense and position like a beast and put that to great use. WE are scrubs and cannot. So yea, dying instantaneously in a team fight because you built offense instead of defense is 100% the wrong call for us mere mortals. I see so many people try to mimic what the .001% can do in this game and fail at it spectacularly. WE are not challengers, so following their advice in these situations is just wrong. You can't just blindly follow what these challenger players say, they can do things we cant. Pure and simple.
: Troll in game, why it breaks my heart
Get used to it buddy, that's all this game is. No skill is involved unless you are the top 5% of players. They can climb reliably. The rest of us? Up to dumb luck if your team is more or less stupid than the enemy team. I don't want to hear anything about positive attitude, or improve your game, or any of that garbage. Your team fights together and wards? 99% chance you are gonna win. If they don't and just want to play aram all game? Well I've got bad news for you. The ONLY people that can climb reliably in this game are either blessed with innate skill. Or they can sit around and play 12 hours a day and power through all the trolls and feeders and ragers.
: It only takes two dodges in Ranked to reach a 30 minute wait time.
Yes it was two dodges in ranked, the penalties are more severe than in normal.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Vishan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bZd3RQ3Y,comment-id=000c00000001,timestamp=2017-05-28T05:34:53.996+0000) > > Noone has time to type this crap out in a competetive game where seconds matter. You millenial cupcakes need to toughen up and just take the message from the words. People aren't going to magically become more resilient to harsh words simply because you want them to. If you don't want your teammates to trigger when you say things to them you ought to make at last a modicum of effort to not be an asshole. Expecting other people to change so you do not have to is a very immature and narrow minded. It's also highly unlikely to occur. > Who the hell has time to say, " My Dear good sir, if it's not too much trouble, could you try and be more of a team player and we can win this!". That is ridiculous and you know it. I never suggested that. Nice strawman though, putting a poorly crafted argument in my mouth so you could knock it down and appear to come out on top. > What are you going to do next, offer a participation trophy for every assist? Nah, but it also takes very little effort to type "gj" when something good is done. And it has a positive impact on players to acknowledge them for doing good things. It follows logically that doing so will make them more likely to listen to you in the future. > Grow up Your arrogance is showing. Expecting other people to change so you do not have to is a very immature and narrow minded. It's also highly unlikely to occur. So... No u.
"Your arrogance is showing. Expecting other people to change so you do not have to is a very immature and narrow minded. It's also highly unlikely to occur." Isn't this exactly what you're expecting me to do? I have to change and type all of this ridiculousness out because YOU don't want to change?
: You're one of the more reasonable people, and if that's all you say then you don't outright flame. But you do toe the line a bit. You might not see it as flaming, but word choice and verb tense makes a big difference. Speaking in the past tense is always about assigning blame. It doesn't matter if you are perfectly right to be frustrated, because the act of assigning blame is harmful to teamwork and does little to help win. And it stresses people out. That is why it is considered toxic. Here are your words changed around to better help you to get your teammates to play better. "Hey can you play it safer? The enemy is going to keep catching you if you don't" "Guys we're not as powerful as them (your lvl 3 example), we should wait to go aggro." "Guys come defend mid inhib" "Next time please defend mid inhib rather than push sidelanes." "That lucian is stronger than you right now, please don't try to fight him 1v1." "next time please don't fight lucian 1v1, he's stronger than you." "Guys, don't baron right now, they're all alive and could screw us." "Next time, lets wait to do baron until more of them are dead" See the difference here? A good rule of thumb: * Past tense is used and mostly perceived as assigning blame. This is not useful in a competitive environment because it takes people's heads out of the game (distracts from current and future play decisions) * Present tense is about values, often used to debate what should or shouldn't be. * Future tense is about decisions, steering the conversation with this tense can help to convince people do make a different choice in the future. Take another look at my examples above now and see how the present and future tense change the meaning of the words. Do you see what I mean?
Noone has time to type this crap out in a competetive game where seconds matter. You millenial cupcakes need to toughen up and just take the message from the words. Who the hell has time to say, " My Dear good sir, if it's not too much trouble, could you try and be more of a team player and we can win this!". What are you going to do next, offer a participation trophy for every assist? Grow up
Rioter Comments

Vishan

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion