: TFW you're jungle and..
Every blue-side game top doesn't ward my blue. </3
Rioter Comments
: "The boards are a small minority of the community who just want to complain."
Also if you make a support ticket about balance issues and whatnot, they usually tell you 'The Boards is the place to go with problems like this. I can't do anything about that from here. I'm just customer support.'
Rioter Comments
: Predator? Try Electrocute
Requires three separate hits. As I mentioned, Q is pretty unreliable.
Rioter Comments
: What is your main problem with the game right now? (Poll)
_**Other:**_ All of the above. When J4 is FORCED to build lethality to be relevant when his primary role is FIGHTER and not ASSASSIN, there's something wrong.
: love the BE system riot. good job
I like the positivity here, but unfortunately as easy as it is to get new champions now, it's much MUCH harder to get things like skins or mastery levels because BE just doesn't come frequently enough and orange essence drops are so rare they might as well be categorized as extinct (Unless you BUY chests but who does that outside of event chests?)
: Riot needs to remove Klepto, not nerf champions.
How to fix this: _**Kleptomancy-** After using an ability, the next auto attack on a champion within 3 seconds will generate 5-15 gold (based on level). [Halved for ranged champions; 2-8 gold] - 30-10 second cooldown (based on level)._ Even better would be if they coded it to be like Xin's heal, where it's every three ATTACKS not HITS so Guinsoo's can't overpower it. Make it required to be an ACTUAL AUTO-ATTACK not just GP's or Ezreal's Q.
: I just single-handedly cost my team a game in champ select.
Shame on you man. You should know better. Tsk tsk.
: **What's Rylais' power fantasy?: ** In my opinion, it should be an utility item that sacrifices offensive power Basically i remember Morello stating around season 2 (a season where Rylai was built on like singed+morde+vlad+cass+ap kog) that Rylai would be built on mages if they want to help their team while reducing their damage **Who should be its intended users?: ** Any AP champion What stats would you suggest?: 500 hp 80 ap just like in season 2 **What passive/active?: ** same as right now but with a cooldown Basically: 20-8 sec cd (depending on levels) your next spell (any kind of spell) will slow targets by X% for 1 second Dealing damage will reduce the cooldown depending on the spell (like comet) Single target:-15% AOE:-10% Dot:-5% **What balance problems might your version of the item have?: ** hm don't know
This would make mages like Malzahar, Brand, and Cass actually in line with their power curve.
Modi (NA)
: Congrats! Keep up the good work!
Rioter Comments
DJ 01975 (NA)
: In-game issues with stuttering/hanging.
Same. Solutions would be nice.
SEKAI (OCE)
: It's definitely bugged. Because all untargetability spells are all bugged in the same way as Yi's Alpha Strike. It's all the matter how much you'd see it (Yi has it worst because he uses it the most often and is also the most punctual on the timing of his untargetability so he arguably suffers the worst of this problem). There was a time where I used Hydra's active while Kayn is hiding in me with ulti, and successfully damaging him with the Hydra active. Just so you know. ............ What surprises me more is that despite knowing untargetability as a mechanic, is bugged and literally with no cure (they claim the bug is from the engine or something, making it unable to be fixed), and somehow they still put untargetability into new champs. I don't get it tbh.
Honestly they should just recode untargetability as invulnerability, but allow previously existing damage over time to still do damage. Pretty sure if Swain can Zhonya's and heal on his ult, Yi/Kayn/Camille can avoid non DoT using their untargetability properly It sucks dodging something with good timing, showing your skill and mastery of the champion, just to die to it anyway because League's spaghetti code is knotted in all the wrong places.
: {{item:3812}}
I already ruled out DoT. That includes DD's bleed.
: Mordekaiser main. I don't think I've ever been meta Excluding the 5.16-5.18
> [{quoted}](name=Mordepool,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pFu3X8O3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-06T03:17:04.651+0000) > > Mordekaiser main. I don&#x27;t think I&#x27;ve ever been meta > > Excluding the 5.16-5.18 Not sure he needs to be meta to be good. He's just a pocket pick against certain matchups, and has great map pressure when drake is up. -Take drake, leave Baron open. or -Take baron, leave drake open. Morde team gets ghost. Personally, if you get drake ghost and then TP to a lane with herald, you're taking two towers for free unless all five roam to match you. In which case your team can take another lane for free instead. It's the Singed Philosophy.
xelaker (NA)
: "cheat" lmao. there's also a chance that the adc gets 0 crits from 4 shots with a 50%.
> [{quoted}](name=xelaker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V6UP2FMw,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-01-06T20:07:41.999+0000) > > &quot;cheat&quot; lmao. there&#x27;s also a chance that the adc gets 0 crits from 4 shots with a 50%. This is kind of the other half of the coin that Crit Chance is unhealthy, and needs to be retuned. You either do far too much damage that has zero counterplay, or you do zero damage and are useless.
Rioter Comments
: @Riot: Honor Opponents
I agree with this. I've been playing for quite some time, across multiple accounts and servers, so I've personally never really gotten any huge honor rewards myself, but I remember being able to be like 'Damn dude, that Yi dodged everything I had, every fight, played super well, carried his team as hard as he could, but we had a Taric with a point and click stun so he just couldn't do it.' and honoring the dude for being a good sport and not spamming 'zomg noob champ' in all chat like so many others would in his situation. It would definitely be nice to get the ability to do this back.
libDoge (NA)
: Don't forget about the general toxicity in the game. I myself just witnessed how bad the game has gotten after i took a season break. Was playing solo in normal and playing in the jungle which was my first mistake. I was taking objectives, getting towers and ganking top and mid whenever I could. I avoided bot lane since they didnt know how to set up a gank, my second mistake. Then Botlane started flaming me for the reason that I didnt bank them. I accepted it and went on and they kept flaming, but i kept cool. But then our midlaner started saying things like I never ganked him and that I was useless and did nothing, keep in mind he's 3/7 and I'm 9/6. After that I may have lost my cool and I know it was wrong for me to lose it like that. But man I have a short temper when it comes to lying. So literally everybody was flaming me because I was playing jungle(mainly) as our top laner wasn't doing so well (1/5). The ignored top doing bad but purposely went after me because I was playing jungle. Now this game single handedly is making me want to quit league. The community is too toxic, and this is why the player base is shrinking. I know I have flamed in the past, but this is ridiculous to have 3 random people (who aren't queued together) gang up on you. This game is just full of "cyber bullies", and I'd much rather play a game where I can have fun and do what i want. Tl;Dr: league is too toxic, the players over the course of ONE season have gotten 10x worse. the game is shrinking, and what's left is a bunch of scum bags.
> [{quoted}](name=libDoge,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xiY4FHE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-12-11T06:30:06.830+0000) > > Don&#x27;t forget about the general toxicity in the game. I myself just witnessed how bad the game has gotten after i took a season break. Was playing solo in normal and playing in the jungle which was my first mistake. I was taking objectives, getting towers and ganking top and mid whenever I could. I avoided bot lane since they didnt know how to set up a gank, my second mistake. Then Botlane started flaming me for the reason that I didnt bank them. I accepted it and went on and they kept flaming, but i kept cool. But then our midlaner started saying things like I never ganked him and that I was useless and did nothing, keep in mind he&#x27;s 3/7 and I&#x27;m 9/6. After that I may have lost my cool and I know it was wrong for me to lose it like that. But man I have a short temper when it comes to lying. So literally everybody was flaming me because I was playing jungle(mainly) as our top laner wasn&#x27;t doing so well (1/5). The ignored top doing bad but purposely went after me because I was playing jungle. Now this game single handedly is making me want to quit league. The community is too toxic, and this is why the player base is shrinking. I know I have flamed in the past, but this is ridiculous to have 3 random people (who aren&#x27;t queued together) gang up on you. This game is just full of &quot;cyber bullies&quot;, and I&#x27;d much rather play a game where I can have fun and do what i want. > > Tl;Dr: league is too toxic, the players over the course of ONE season have gotten 10x worse. the game is shrinking, and what&#x27;s left is a bunch of scum bags. And the worst part is the shrinking community base is a mix of the toxicity still here, and people leaving to go play Overwatch. Which is why Overwatch is currently so toxic, as well.
ZoeC (NA)
: I've seen a lot of what you mentioned, and I definitely agree with the lack of positivity. Seems a very common sentiment in the games I play that players want to surrender at 10 minutes in because the team is 0-4. It's always difficult to comeback against a hypercarry, but it's not impossible, and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy to just accept that it's over, because your play will suffer immensely.
> [{quoted}](name=ZoeC,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xiY4FHE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-11T03:22:41.686+0000) > > I&#x27;ve seen a lot of what you mentioned, and I definitely agree with the lack of positivity. Seems a very common sentiment in the games I play that players want to surrender at 10 minutes in because the team is 0-4. It&#x27;s always difficult to comeback against a hypercarry, but it&#x27;s not impossible, and it&#x27;s a self-fulfilling prophecy to just accept that it&#x27;s over, because your play will suffer immensely. They had an Ezreal, with Klepto. We have a PTA Miss Fortune, a Lethal Tempo Yasuo, and a ChoGath jg with Rakan support. We had so much wombo it was silly. Their team was a bunch of decent solo damage but none of them really synergized. All we had to do was stall the game out to like 25 minutes and with ChoGath with like 13 stacks their Ezreal didn't exist and Cho Q + Yas R + MF R = gg. But you can't talk sense to a fool, and that's what a lot of my ELO is. [Shrug.]
: I don't know if it's that Koreans are better. If anything, they're more willing to try off-the-wall stuff than other regions, per [Phylol](https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePhylol). It's still a relatively new season, since we're 1 month into the new system. I don't think there's anything wrong with off-meta builds, so I don't see a reason to dislike Korean builds vs NA builds.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4xiY4FHE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-11T03:32:06.418+0000) > > I don&#x27;t know if it&#x27;s that Koreans are better. If anything, they&#x27;re more willing to try off-the-wall stuff than other regions, per [Phylol](https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePhylol). It&#x27;s still a relatively new season, since we&#x27;re 1 month into the new system. I don&#x27;t think there&#x27;s anything wrong with off-meta builds, so I don&#x27;t see a reason to dislike Korean builds vs NA builds. No, there's definitely nothing wrong with it, but my thing is that they do very poorly and then take it out on their team. Like, we didn't tell you to play Press the Attack Zoe in the jungle, fam. You was the one who locked that. It was a one-man game of Twister and you got yourself all tied up. Don't try to drag me down with you. Y'know?
Rioter Comments
: Totally why she's hit a sub 50% win rate for the first time in years, right? But that's ok, I know how hard it is to change someone's mind once they're dedicated enough to hating something. I'm like that too, so I won't bother trying to change yours anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=NineTailedMystic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=24O08Xai,comment-id=000800010003000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-08T08:31:19.963+0000) > > Totally why she&#x27;s hit a sub 50% win rate for the first time in years, right? > > But that&#x27;s ok, I know how hard it is to change someone&#x27;s mind once they&#x27;re dedicated enough to hating something. I&#x27;m like that too, so I won&#x27;t bother trying to change yours anymore. Your name doesn't help your cause. Total winrate doesn't mean much. Look at her winrate from gold/plat and above. Or better yet, lemmie do it for you. http://champion.gg/champion/Ahri/Middle?league=gold http://champion.gg/champion/Ahri/Middle?league=plat http://champion.gg/champion/Ahri/Middle?league=platplus And hell she even has a 51.5% in even bronze and silver this season. Hm. Maybe the new runes will bring her in line. But maybe not. Maybe new tlord's (electrocute) and manaflow band and scaling spell vamp and ultimate hat will just make her even more ridiculous. Edit* Also no, her winrate isn't below 50% and hasn't been since like, the beginning of season 7, if not even a little before 6 ended. Edit 2* And this 51% wr is with a playerbase that has an average of 5 games on her. Showing the super forgiving skill floor.
: Charm does 200 + .6 damage. If that's "stupid damage" I got bad news. Ahri is perfectly outplayable, you're just probably not good enough to do it.
> [{quoted}](name=NineTailedMystic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=24O08Xai,comment-id=0008000100030000,timestamp=2017-11-08T06:07:14.555+0000) > > Charm does 200 + .6 damage. If that&#x27;s &quot;stupid damage&quot; I got bad news. > > Ahri is perfectly outplayable, you&#x27;re just probably not good enough to do it. Or, you know, you outplay it once or twice but it doesn't much matter because her first two items are gunblade and morello so she has super low cooldowns and a targeted slow that also does a pretty hefty chunk of damage to any non-tank as well. You literally cannot defend someone who has the 'pressure' of landing a single medium-speed line skillshot that sets up the rest of their kit with zero brain required bast that point. W aims itself. Her ult aims itself. Unless you somehow moron your way into ulting your q out of line so the true damage misses... it's a ticking timebomb of 'how long are my dodge cds vs her cc cds?'. There's a reason she's not really been touched with any buffs or nerfs recently. She's hit that golden state of 'does everything she's meant to do to the degree she is wanted to do it'. A low cooldown sustain+burst hybrid battle mage/assassin with some sustain thrown in because why not. And come to think of it, you don't even HAVE to go gunblade into morello. You can build rylai's liandre's rod of ages banshee's and zhonya's and not only be still a potent damage threat but also stupidly hard to kill with 3 flash-ranged dashes cc zhonya's a spell shield sustain from her passive and move speed from her Q. I'm tellin' ya man. There's plenty Ahri players can do to make any outplay you do worth on their end because the next time her cds are up yours aren't.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=The Shadow Queen,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-11-08T05:40:42.813+0000) > > YOU DESERVE TO BE BANNED. HOPE YOUR LIFE IS AS PATHETIC AS YOUR ATTITUDE. DONT HAVE CHILDREN. > [{quoted}](name=Around999People,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-11-08T05:47:22.710+0000) > > Honestly, good luck in life. > > “I practise selective deafness to hurtful remarks.” > ~Scott Lynch {{summoner:21}} And the both of you have just jumped into the 'Being reported for harassment because I don't understand satire on the internet' wagon. I hear they have jackets!
GGLineaR (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ShadowParker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=24O08Xai,comment-id=000000020001,timestamp=2017-11-08T01:32:12.728+0000) > > Zilean&#x27;s kit isn&#x27;t toxic lol. Why do you think that? Because I play him a lot. Easy poke, and easy CC once you get w. E makes him either inescapable, or uncatchable. His ult is actually broken, as it heals for a shit ton at later levels, makes burst champions actually worthless, and and it gets as low as 45 or 30 second cds. > > He should get VGU because of his visuals and his kit could be way cooler with his theme, but he doesn&#x27;t need it because of how toxic it is. Agreed on the visuals, but if you don't think his kit is toxic, you either don't play him enough, or you haven't fought him enough. Trust me, he is one of the most anti fun champs in league, and as much as I love it, I'd be a hypocrite if I was okay with how he is now. (Plus, if they make him less toxic, they could make him even stronger! {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}})
> [{quoted}](name=GGLineaR,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=24O08Xai,comment-id=0000000200010000,timestamp=2017-11-08T02:03:01.655+0000) > > Because I play him a lot. Easy poke, and easy CC once you get w. E makes him either inescapable, or uncatchable. > > His ult is actually broken, as it heals for a shit ton at later levels, makes burst champions actually worthless, and and it gets as low as 45 or 30 second cds. > > Agreed on the visuals, but if you don&#x27;t think his kit is toxic, you either don&#x27;t play him enough, or you haven&#x27;t fought him enough. > > Trust me, he is one of the most anti fun champs in league, and as much as I love it, I&#x27;d be a hypocrite if I was okay with how he is now. > > > (Plus, if they make him less toxic, they could make him even stronger! {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}) ^
: Ahri's 110/95/80 second cooldown mobility.
> [{quoted}](name=NineTailedMystic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=24O08Xai,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2017-11-07T22:26:14.425+0000) > > Ahri&#x27;s 110/95/80 second cooldown mobility. As well as her 6 sources of auto-target damage, hard CC that does some stupid damage by itself, and a two-way partially true damage ability that gives her movement speed while it's out. She definitely doesn't have any issues that need to be addressed about outplayability. Nope. Edit* Let's not forget that her CC makes her Q literally impossible to miss. It's got Lee Sin-drome. (His R sets up ihs Q.)
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vyr Thirku,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-06T01:25:46.485+0000) > > Nope. I intended it as a joke. > > And you got offended by it. > > Congratulations, you&#x27;re what&#x27;s wrong with the boards. :D > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} I don't think asking people respect their fellow players is really a problem, I'm sorry it bothers you. And I'm not sure why you think I am offended, but it seems likely that it's another technique you use to avoid having to engage with people who disagree with you. Or maybe you just disagree with me because you're salty you got banned? (See what I did there?)
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-07T00:20:06.840+0000) > > I don&#x27;t think asking people respect their fellow players is really a problem, I&#x27;m sorry it bothers you. > > And I&#x27;m not sure why you think I am offended, but it seems likely that it&#x27;s another technique you use to avoid having to engage with people who disagree with you. > > Or maybe you just disagree with me because you&#x27;re salty you got banned? (See what I did there?) Y'see, you're taking the bait here and it's honestly way too easy. I made a joke. You jumped in like some sort of white knight. I TOLD you it was a joke. You continued to defend against it like there's some sort of moral high ground to it, when in all reality you're backpedaling because you got proven wrong and can't face the music. Just stop posting. Thanks. Otherwise your posts are gonna get reported for harassment past this point. Go ruin someone else's redemption post. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Yenn (NA)
: Ranked-only bans really need to become a thing
Ranked puts a lot of pressure on people. Some people can't handle it and buckle, becoming toxic. If you bar them from the pressure, you force them to realize what they were doing was wrong and give them a safer, less destructive environment to practise it. Sure, people troll in normals too, but at least it doesn't consume 4 other people's LP and ranked MMR. And personal experience? If you troll in a normals you are 5x as likely to get banned as you are in ranked, seeing as most people who play ranked will say 'kys' and do an empty report for one thing then rush back into queue. Normals, though? Those people will write paragraphs in that report box. Report you for everything you can even conceivably be reported for that game. Get their friends to do it, too. Maybe even silver-tongue the enemy team into reporting you as well. Normals is for fun, and if you ruin that fun they will ruin your life. Draft players go hard in the paint, man.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=CreampEye,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OeZ3ipZB,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2017-10-20T06:55:35.072+0000) >tl;dr I was somewhat on board until your whole 'army' crap in the middle, then ya lost me and I stopped reading. You need a hobby. And maybe a blowjob. Shit.
: > [{quoted}](name=No flash no life,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OeZ3ipZB,comment-id=0007000000000000000100000003000000010000,timestamp=2017-10-20T04:02:11.140+0000) > > Actually if it&#x27;s proven to be a mistake then the ban can be lifted. > > You have a very good point there that I want to discuss. Indeed, even if let&#x27;s say someone points a gun at you irl and threatens you to flame, you&#x27;re still going to receive the consequences because you did flame at your teammates regardless. However, that no longer holds true if the context of hate speech doesn&#x27;t serve the purpose of flaming. > > Say, you&#x27;re the only one left alive and half dead after teamfight, 4 of your opponents are pushing to win and 1 is chasing you down to enemy tower, should you struggle to survive? No, you need to die so you can respawn asap and protect your nexus, assuming walking back isn&#x27;t an option. > > In that kind of situation, if your dead teammates tell you to kill yourself, do they deserve to be banned? Hell no. > > Similarly, when our OP here typed in the hate speech, does he/she actually mean harm? Quite the opposite, the OP simply gave what his/her teammate demanded for, attempting to bring the game toward the right direction, and it wasn&#x27;t directed at anyone else, so there is no flaming context to anyone in the game and a ban due to verbal abuse does not apply. > > Or what, if I type &quot;lulu u so cute I wanna **kyss** u&quot; I deserve a ban? I agree with about 95% of what you said. Here is the big issue for me: 1st off, it is good that this form of trolling is finally being addressed....props. The issue i have is that riot selectively took context into account when they have clearly stated that it doesn't matter and you are 100% responsible for what you do and say. Look at it like this...player A get deaths threats from a pre-made and says some things back to them then gets banned. He writes in to riot support and basically gets an "fu banned deserved" and is told context and what other people say don't matter, the only thing that matters is what he said. Now player B is trolled by having some guy to threatening to run it down mid less they say hate speech. He reaches out and is told.."hey man we took everything into account and even though you used hate speech we will un ban you and erase it from your account." Now player A really feels like crap because riot basically said that saying "fuck you" to someone threatening to come kill you is not excusable... but saying hate speech is, if someone threatens to run it down mid if you don't say it. Riot literally just justified saying something to/for a troll threatening to ruin your game but will keep you banned if someone threatened your life and you said something. tl;dr: Context should be taken into account for everybody or nobody. You can't just go....oh you were a victim of this type of trolling? here is your unban....while telling everyone else that context doesn't matter and you are 100% responsible despite all circumstances.
> [{quoted}](name=themachamp,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OeZ3ipZB,comment-id=00070000000000000001000000030000000100000001,timestamp=2017-10-20T05:12:09.352+0000) > > I agree with about 95% of what you said. Here is the big issue for me: > > 1st off, it is good that this form of trolling is finally being addressed....props. The issue i have is that riot selectively took context into account when they have clearly stated that it doesn&#x27;t matter and you are 100% responsible for what you do and say. Look at it like this...player A get deaths threats from a pre-made and says some things back to them then gets banned. He writes in to riot support and basically gets an &quot;fu banned deserved&quot; and is told context and what other people say don&#x27;t matter, the only thing that matters is what he said. Now player B is trolled by having some guy to threatening to run it down mid less they say hate speech. He reaches out and is told..&quot;hey man we took everything into account and even though you used hate speech we will un ban you and erase it from your account.&quot; > > Now player A really feels like crap because riot basically said that saying &quot;fuck you&quot; to someone threatening to come kill you is not excusable... but saying hate speech is, if someone threatens to run it down mid if you don&#x27;t say it. Riot literally just justified saying something to/for a troll threatening to ruin your game but will keep you banned if someone threatened your life and you said something. > > tl;dr: Context should be taken into account for everybody or nobody. You can&#x27;t just go....oh you were a victim of this type of trolling? here is your unban....while telling everyone else that context doesn&#x27;t matter and you are 100% responsible despite all circumstances. As harshly worded as this is, I actually agree. Context is very important and I have lost multiple accounts with hundreds of dollars of skins and chests and whatnot bought on them simply because the chat logs only show my portion of the chat and not the 17 minutes of harassment beforehand leading to me saying 'just shut the fuck up and play' and then muting them.Sure, maybe just mute them and don't say anything but I'm a stubborn old goat and it's ingrained into my brain that if you don't say SOMETHING to them they will continue on a silent rampage, only by letting them know what they're doing is wrong will they have a chance to reevaluate their situation. Blame my childhood therapist.
: 25 Game Chat Ban After Being Harassed
Personal experience; Just because you were the one accosted at first and technically didn't do anything but reply, the words you decided to use to spice up your emotions is what got you in trouble. Using fuck less, pointing out people's KDs less, and generally just ignoring what your teammates say and working toward winning even if they don't seem to want to is the main way to not get punished in the current stage of League of Legends. It doesn't matter if you're right, it doesn't matter if they all deserve bans, it's how you react to it and fairly early on you seem relatively hostile that someone didn't heal you and used 'fuck' less than ten posts in. I've recently been given a new lease, having a permaban removed because I like to say fuck a lot, and I will tell you man sometimes it's better to just /muteall instead of giving them the chance to goad you into typing. The penalty system doesn't care what THEY say, just what YOU say.
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vyr Thirku,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T19:51:08.818+0000) > > Pretty sure this wasn&#x27;t an insult. It was something more innocent, along the lines of those &#x27;x amount of people dont have x&#x27; on those youtube videos with a very low amount of dislikes. You need to untighten that bun, hun. :3 You probably intended it as a compliment, then, did you?
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T15:04:56.899+0000) > > You probably intended it as a compliment, then, did you? Nope. I intended it as a joke. And you got offended by it. Congratulations, you're what's wrong with the boards. :D {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
AraMoOse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vyr Thirku,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-04T06:17:38.324+0000) > > This post got a downvote somewhere. Seems someone got permabanned for being salty at real life and didn&#x27;t like having advice too late. &lt;/3 Is there really anything gained from you insulting the person who exercised his right to disagree with you? There are plenty of reasons why people might have downvoted your post.
> [{quoted}](name=AraMoOse,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-04T07:38:34.625+0000) > > Is there really anything gained from you insulting the person who exercised his right to disagree with you? There are plenty of reasons why people might have downvoted your post. Pretty sure this wasn't an insult. It was something more innocent, along the lines of those 'x amount of people dont have x' on those youtube videos with a very low amount of dislikes. You need to untighten that bun, hun. :3
Sarutobi (NA)
: While this is a nice thing for Riot to do, I cant help but think people would abuse something like this. Riot or whom ever you were talking to, cant really confirm or deny with what you are saying. So what is stopping the next person from using that same excuse, or even you to use it as more than likely youll be matched up with a different Rioter. It doesnt really help as well that we dont know exactly what you wrote to warrant a punishment!
> [{quoted}](name=Sarutobi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OZjuk1Xd,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-04T11:37:28.638+0000) > > While this is a nice thing for Riot to do, I cant help but think people would abuse something like this. Riot or whom ever you were talking to, cant really confirm or deny with what you are saying. So what is stopping the next person from using that same excuse, or even you to use it as more than likely youll be matched up with a different Rioter. It doesnt really help as well that we dont know exactly what you wrote to warrant a punishment! I had a post a littlewhile back that had the chat logs, and it almost literally consisted of 'can you not feed top?' 'this is why we dont play shyvana top' 'one more fight like that and im done' and 'alright just push to end im not gonna stop you' with the last one being like 20 seconds before we lost 'cos we only had two people up and they had all five. It was a trainwreck of a game and I promise you I definitely was one of the less verbal teammates. They were just a premade of 3. :/
: Let me be a lesson to any of you who are in a difficult spot in your life right now.
This post got a downvote somewhere. Seems someone got permabanned for being salty at real life and didn't like having advice too late. </3
Rioter Comments
: really disagree with op . Its peole like the op that contribute most of the toxicity. I have a solution for you . Only play pre-mades and stop join solo que. There fixed..... If you want to stress out over the out come of a video game even in ranked that is your issue .
> [{quoted}](name=Mindspeaker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jilbIUUA,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2017-10-15T21:17:51.743+0000) > > really disagree with op . Its peole like the op that contribute most of the toxicity. I have a solution for you . Only play pre-mades and stop join solo que. > > There fixed..... > > If you want to stress out over the out come of a video game even in ranked that is your issue . Can't play Solo/Duo in ranked with more than two people. Not interested (And don't have enough friends who play League routinely enough to) play Flex with a full team of five. I want to climb, not play two games a day. Use a bit of common sense and realize not everyone lives to the same standards you do before you post, please. Not everyone has the luxury of having 20 friends at beck and call to play whatever game they want with 24/7. Some people work. :v
: Frankly, to me, it IS a game. It is because I can identify as a game that I can prevent myself from becoming overly angry, and can focus on improving my gameplay, and therefore climbing. I'll use you as an example. You literally want to STRANGLE people for having said mentality, but in my opinion, you misunderstand said mentality. Just because we see things as a game does not make our effort any less than yours. For me personally, as I said, keeping this game as JUST a game allows me to keep a cool head, as getting too into this game causes me to tilt, etc. Making mistakes, yeah, they are fucking annoying, especially if it was a mistake that could have easily been prevented. However, if I take this game too serious, that mistake will spiral into a cavalcade of anger and stress, and if I get that from a game, I don't want to play it. League is a game, whether you like it or not, not every single player will have the same "I must be the best EVER" mentality you share, although there is NOTHING wrong with that. I don't want to come off as someone that's saying "haha your a tryhard lol want me to die over a game?" But League IS a game, I play this game to have fun first and foremost. It is why I get hassled when I pick Zilean support in a meta that heavily goes against him. It is why I continue to play Diana in the mid lane AND the jungle, despite not being anywhere near a strong point. It's something I enjoy, they are champions I enjoy, and being able to improve and climb with them is an added bonus. I do not support people who play poorly and blame others, using the excuse you stated to justify themselves; that isn't ok by any means.But just because we say it's a game doesn't mean we don't want to win. I go into games with just as much competitive spirit as you. I just do my best not to let it get me angry.
> [{quoted}](name=We Love Heresy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jilbIUUA,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2017-10-14T01:38:06.244+0000) > > Frankly, to me, it IS a game. It is because I can identify as a game that I can prevent myself from becoming overly angry, and can focus on improving my gameplay, and therefore climbing. > > I&#x27;ll use you as an example. You literally want to STRANGLE people for having said mentality, but in my opinion, you misunderstand said mentality. Just because we see things as a game does not make our effort any less than yours. For me personally, as I said, keeping this game as JUST a game allows me to keep a cool head, as getting too into this game causes me to tilt, etc. Making mistakes, yeah, they are fucking annoying, especially if it was a mistake that could have easily been prevented. However, if I take this game too serious, that mistake will spiral into a cavalcade of anger and stress, and if I get that from a game, I don&#x27;t want to play it. > > League is a game, whether you like it or not, not every single player will have the same &quot;I must be the best EVER&quot; mentality you share, although there is NOTHING wrong with that. I don&#x27;t want to come off as someone that&#x27;s saying &quot;haha your a tryhard lol want me to die over a game?&quot; > > But League IS a game, I play this game to have fun first and foremost. It is why I get hassled when I pick Zilean support in a meta that heavily goes against him. It is why I continue to play Diana in the mid lane AND the jungle, despite not being anywhere near a strong point. It&#x27;s something I enjoy, they are champions I enjoy, and being able to improve and climb with them is an added bonus. > > I do not support people who play poorly and blame others, using the excuse you stated to justify themselves; that isn&#x27;t ok by any means.But just because we say it&#x27;s a game doesn&#x27;t mean we don&#x27;t want to win. I go into games with just as much competitive spirit as you. I just do my best not to let it get me angry. The thing is, I didn't necessarily do poorly. I had a couple of failed ganks because the lanes I ganked generally didn't want to be ganked I guess? And Lee isn't much of a hard farming jungler. Most of his gold comes from his early game kill pressure. He does not translate well into late game, and hell even mid game he falls off if he didn't get a couple kills (or even assists) early. It's like a slightly more forgiving pantheon, since his ult is actually useful. When I ping 'on my way' to bot lane like 6 times, 4 of them being ON Twitch so he can see it in case he has his audio down or something, and then they simply stay on their end of the lane, idly last hitting (Not even pushing) while his support and I are using everything we have on the gank... there's something seriously wrong. And before you ask; no, he wasn't low on health. Several things he said in the game alluded to the fact that he was either drunk, high, or simply did not care about the match he was in because he was very blase about everything that happened. He randomly shoved for no reason even while behind, based every 2 minutes sometimes without enough money to spend, while at full health and half mana, didn't react to anything on the minimap despite his support doing a pretty good job of keeping things warded, and kept half-heartedly saying 'oh we have late game' while they had a stupidly fed Veigar who was Q-ulting the Twitch every time his ult was up and getting more and more kills. Yes. People are allowed to have bad games. Yes, people are allowed to play worse than me. I am by no means a professional, but I'm at least decent. That puts about 20% of the player base behind me in skill. Yes, people are allowed to play to have fun, it is a video game after all. But no. No people are not allowed to just give up and coast in a game mode specifically created to pit one's skill against another's for rank and score. Especially when it's obvious that at least 3/5 people on the team were SERIOUSLY trying to carry his dead weight. The mode was not designed for that. There are several that were. And for Christ's sake, NO it is NOT okay to refuse any help from a/multiple teammate/s who is politely and avidly trying to help you, whether it be ganks, warning pings, wards, or even just a build clarification The guy build T2's and a Runaan's before he got ANY AD. He wasn't playing Kalista. That doesn't work.
yonggon (NA)
: As people say there is a time and place for that. Expect that kind of attitude from people that don't understand. Rank is highly important part of the game you can think "It's just a game." but think "It's just a game but people here in ranked expect for you to do your best and have the intention to climb the ladder."
> [{quoted}](name=yonggon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jilbIUUA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-12T05:48:29.757+0000) > > As people say there is a time and place for that. Expect that kind of attitude from people that don&#x27;t understand. Rank is highly important part of the game you can think &quot;It&#x27;s just a game.&quot; but think &quot;It&#x27;s just a game but people here in ranked expect for you to do your best and have the intention to climb the ladder.&quot; I, being the person intending to climb, wish that more people had that mindset.
Rioter Comments
: I just thought more armor and more early damage would work, I don't think everything else needs to be thrown out.
> [{quoted}](name=LiteUpSketchers,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sLlFGKsn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-03T15:43:02.779+0000) > > I just thought more armor and more early damage would work, I don&#x27;t think everything else needs to be thrown out. More armor and MR. Remember, if you have more AP than AD then you do half of your AP as magic damage to turrets. Turrets basically have no MR.
: Can we talk about ults that give an indicator that shows they kill
Garen's ult makes sense, considering his whole thing is bringing the person to justice. Cho is *kinda* understandable, being a ravenous abyss beast who can probably smell/sense when someone is weak enough to be completely eaten. The glutton. But I agree with you wholeheartedly that having an aoe execute tell you when it will kill someone is bonkers. It takes the guess work out of flashing while invis into baron pit and getting 3 kills and a free baron steal. BACK IN MY DAY YOU HAD TO FLASH THAT WALL AND ROLL THE DIE ON THE SMITE. [Xin Zhao shaking fist like old man.] (Or just slap the R button to knock them away lul.) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Riot opening the game up to new players, but I'd like to think that the learning curve that league used to have back in Season 2-3 was good. Hard enough to be challenging, but friendly enough that you could play 3 or 4 champs pretty well and still climb. Now it's starting to feel like a 20 minute consolation prize simulator.
Rioter Comments
: Can someone explain to me this whole attitude of "flex isn't ranked"
Nah man, I'm on board with you. I like to place both on fresh accounts and bounce between them as a solo player now and again. All of these arguments of 'oh it's supposed to be casual' are f*cking stupid. No. It is definitely still a RANKED QUEUE. If you want to be CASUAL, go play Normal Draft. It's literally always there. It doesn't impact anyone's MMR or rank. You can play with with 3 friends if you can't get a full team of 5. Leave Flex out of it if you're not gonna f^cking try. You have no argument. And if you DO go 'it's just flex lul' and feed like crazy because you're one of those people who is only entertained by the agony of others, I hope they report you and you get banned. Because in the end, it's still a ranked queue, and you're still tanking other people's ratings because you are literally a walking meme. And not the kind that's popular. The kind that streamers laugh at. You ARE that bronze 4 Yasuo who is 2-14 saying 'wait until late game guys'.
: Adding skill expression and new angles to Xin Zhao made him a better champ
I quite like the way he plays now. You can be an 'in the thick of it' fighter or a very high damage AD assassin who isn't just tied to killing one person, now. His ult feels way more useful being basically a Kayle ult for everyone but the person you're fighting until they get back in the circle which can be very demanding in a teamfight and I've survived a few Zed ults by letting him do his combo-then-shadow-away-thing and then just ulting as I walked away lul. before he felt gimmicky. Build on-hit and then press e on adc. Now you can fight basically anyone without feeling like you're wasting your potential. I just hope that maybe one day riot implements like, an E reset on kill/assist, 'cos after you've used your e you have no real engage. Maybe make the base cooldown on his e a few seconds longer to really hammer in the 'make sure you kill who you jump on' thing'. Just spitballing here. And yeah sure your Q reduces its cd by 3 seconds if you hit them all but most people want to get the f away from a Xin who has just dived onto them lmao. I even have a full AD assassin-ish Xin shot here of me literally deleting their botlane with one rotation of spells; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvxjctu4SLQ
: Your translation only applies to you. You're didn't have a valid counterpoint at all. You repeated, what I SAID, in MY suggestion to you. I'm the one who told you it is unlikely to find a 5 man squad consistently. You taking that and acting like you formulated it, doesn't make it a valid counter point for your side of the argument, when I'm the one who presented it you. Learn to read before you reply with snide "counter points". My post, to you originally, was nothing more than a suggestion. You're the one who replied with a snobby response. You have no point to argue either way, being an intentional feeder, so please don't attempt to speak about validity as if you know the meaning.
> [{quoted}](name=S7NS Cerberus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=td3TzFTN,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-02T21:53:35.590+0000) > > Your translation only applies to you. You&#x27;re didn&#x27;t have a valid counterpoint at all. You repeated, what I SAID, in MY suggestion to you. > > I&#x27;m the one who told you it is unlikely to find a 5 man squad consistently. You taking that and acting like you formulated it, doesn&#x27;t make it a valid counter point for your side of the argument, when I&#x27;m the one who presented it you. > > Learn to read before you reply with snide &quot;counter points&quot;. My post, to you originally, was nothing more than a suggestion. You&#x27;re the one who replied with a snobby response. > > You have no point to argue either way, being an intentional feeder, so please don&#x27;t attempt to speak about validity as if you know the meaning. And I quote: "But f*ck logic right? Who has time for that when we can just feed mid like a child who didn't get the blue hot wheel car because surprise, Sally also wanted the god damn blue hotwheel car. Sincerely -Someone who values Logic>Toxicity/Negativity" Yes, all you did was try to give me positive insightful advice and definitely didn't insult or attack me. My mistake. /logic
: i banned someones yas and the team asked why so i told them 'last game he fed badly did bad plays and took ult at lv8' yas responds 'i dont need ult till late game u nuuubs' . . . someone dodged
> [{quoted}](name=Toshiai,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=td3TzFTN,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-09-28T19:13:58.565+0000) > > i banned someones yas and the team asked why so i told them &#x27;last game he fed badly did bad plays and took ult at lv8&#x27; > > yas responds &#x27;i dont need ult till late game u nuuubs&#x27; > > . . . someone dodged Lmao, that's bad. Sometimes I fatfinger ctrl-e instead of ctrl-r but most of the time I'm jungle so that just means another minute or so of powerjungling before I gank properly unless a good opportunity arises. Purposefully not taking ult until level 8 is kinda silly, especially on Yasuo since it's like 45% of your outplay potential.
Show more

Vyr Thirku

Level 42 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion