: Choice was to put Ezreal closer to the beginning of his arc -- where overconfidence and bravado are crutches to cover his wound. Most people don't have any idea what their wound is, but their behaviors and actions tend to be how they overcompensate. We want to give Ezreal room to grow and tapped what was already present in the character/VO as it is. He has a very antagonistic relationship with his uncle. Destroying priceless artifacts (intentionally or collaterally) is a convention of the high adventure genre that is fun to play with. Ezreal will *always* do the right thing, even if it's for the wrong reasons. He's reckless, overconfident, and wants to be seen as a flashy hero... because he knows deep down he's gifted and not pushing himself in the real way... he's not doing the work and is skating by on his talent and dependence on his gauntlet. I LOVED writing Ezreal. He's the flawed hero who's got a lot to learn in order to actually be a true hero.
> Ezreal will always do the right thing, even if it's for the wrong reasons. He's reckless, overconfident, and wants to be seen as a flashy hero... because he knows deep down he's gifted and not pushing himself in the real way You're a great writer, but I listened his skins spotlight interractions, read his story and I got none of that. He really honestly just comes across as a spoilt DBag. I'm now thinking of him as a thief as well because that's how he describes himself. Recenlty a couple of new champs feel this way (reworks and new releases) they come across borderline unlikable then we're told that they aren't really that way or they have deeper motivations and we have to read deeper. I disagree with that sentiment and think these things should be shown to us.
: Whew. First I'd like to thank you for your response, Oleandervine. Very eloquently put and I appreciate that. I feel like a butcher boiling what you wrote done to just two points, but for the sake of me being able to respond in a timely manner, I'll do that. 1. Perceived disrespect for, or misunderstanding of, what makes a champion _that_ champion, and 2. Too much simplification of origin for our big bads, and our sources of power. I'll take on point 2, first. I agree. I think that there was a push to try to get the underpinnings of Runeterra to make a bit more sense, to have a structure and an order behind them so that folks would be able to grok the universe more quickly, and with knowable rulesets, be able to better hypothesize and theorycraft about connections and implications. Not a terrible impulse by any measure, but I think that it went too far. Some loreheads like myself want there to be _many_ vectors of power and mystery - the real world is a hella complex puzzle and having something almost too complex to wrap your head 'round (or simply too mysterious) gives it that sense of verisimilitude that we want. Part of me suspects that this is coming across as being too far reaching and coarse, because this urge to simplify and make more accessible is being done more publicly than you would normally see. If this were a novel, the author might well go through this as an iteration of their world building (after their editor returned some feedback) but the author would work through that in private. The version we'd eventually read from the author might well have simplified the sources of power, but would have also had time to explore and show the many, and natural, exceptions to the rules. This is, however, just my opinion. I think that the drive to unify _some_ of the elements of the universe isn't a terrible idea - but that it's possible that we're seeing the pendulum swung too far; an overreaction of sorts or at the very least, an unrepresentative swathe that focuses mostly on those things. Everything in League has to be done in bits and pieces - and the order of those bits and pieces, can be as important as the content of those bits and pieces. (Like when Jayce's color story came out before Viktor's. That was a rough week.) In short, I agree that the world is starting to feel a bit too neat and simple in its big bads and power origins. I think it's been an overreaction. I think we'll start to see more diversity in those things in the future (at least, I hope so). As to point 1, well thankfully I can be a bit shorter on that one. Scathlocke has decided to be the champion for this issue, and I am very happy about that. You'll often see him commenting about the goal being to update, not erase, a character. Scathlocke also has the visibility and power to be well positioned to keep an eye on that (more than I do, certainly). I suspect there might still be a few slip ups - usually because of a deadline that cannot be pushed - but I think it's going to keep improving. Internal processes are being created to make really knowing a champ very easy to do; even if you're a new hire who's only recently started playing League.
I really loved this guy's post but to piggy back, I'm distraught when it comes to change for the sake of change, I still hate that you guys killed of Zac's parents. It wasn't necessary and didn't add anything to his story and haven't touched him since and it also creates a huge disconnect when playing him. It also seems you guys are removing simplicity for over complications when update champs (eg Varus) . Stories also sometimes feel like information overload, the have references, comparisons and similes to creatures, places and events that we have no clues about. As a small ps. I didn't like the crybaby space invader Darkin and prefer the current version so much.
Bazerka (NA)
: Personally, I like to leave certain things unsaid X). Keeps some of the mystery around. I call it the "Midichlorian Problem" :D
My problem is that it feels like thats the answer for everything
Kobold (NA)
: So wheres the role swapping first then
Its just a default you can still switch after
: That's quite the spin you've put on that. {{sticker:draven-pose}} {{sticker:darius-angry}} You mention the Ionian Wars, but ignore RyzeTheSmurfMage's point about Darius being on the front lines of at least part of the war with Quilletta (seeing the aftermath of the gas attack). Then you suggest that Draven is going through hell, drowning his sorrows in a bar and throwing up - you think those are the actions of a leader of Noxus? Getting fall-down drunk until you can't even hold your lunch down? A stinking drunk, even by Swain's measure. You think someone who is known for that - washed up and drunk - should be one of the Trifarix?? Darius, on the other hand - wasn't 'nowhere to be seen - he'd been sent to crush the barbarians of the Freljord at the orders of the Grand General himself! That's not exactly a command you could turn down easily. You ever wondered _why_ Draven was drinking so hard?
> You ever wondered why Draven was drinking so hard? Nah, cuz we not gonna find out till we get a new noxus champ or maybe a year+ from now
: Well that's what happens when the meta re-conforms itself on top of the community making the biggest gripe about how the game is falling apart at the seams; all for nerfing marksmen enough to enable more flexibility with a single role which even made quite valuable use of multi-man rosters within orgs. And even still, you had the likes of some of the world's best marksmen refusing to conform and proving that there's still life in the class if you play the game right. But no; the community continued to intoxicate itself from yet another midseason change. The diversity and thought process of flex roles was quite fun but it was also considered something of trolling, silly, and outright ridiculous (especially in NA and EU when everywhere else had its discord) but that's like everything nowadays that isn't the norm players grew with. It is already an unsettling season to play the game at hand due to said toxicity added with the fact that players are prone to imitate over innovate so everything that was happening and working competitively was causing the general game to either flip out of their minds or just become worse. But you know, it happens with this game and scene. "Order is restored." Or is it? Welcome back to hoping for that one innovative player to make an innovative pick, praise it (and imitate it) if he does well, and flame him forever if he doesn't.
Wow this was a great read, very informative and true
WarWork (NA)
: After never before seen diversity
PS. Not looking to flame riot, I just hope they do something to shake things up or we in for a boring worlds
Rioter Comments
WarWork (NA)
: How do you guys feel about Yordles currently?
For me at first I like the new direction but now i'm just neutral to maybe the point of simply not caring about them. I think it might be a combination of the frustration of all the mysteries + the fact that magical beings in LoL seem to be running a lot together (immensly powerful, wise, immortal, formless creature whose appearances are based upon who's looking at them, see yetis.) I'm starting to not see the differences, between yeti's shapeshifters and yordles anymore.
Rioter Comments
: Out of interest, in what way do we know less? Are you saying something has been removed that was explicitly stated in his previous bio?
I don't think he/she meant stuff were removed. I think it was more to the feeling of we got 2 answers and now we have like 20 more questions that we don't know when we're gonna get the answers to. The Yordle lore change at this point is mainly just mysteries and hint.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 29
Hey Meddler about the Esport scene, a lot of pro's, streamers and casters have been saying that with so much damage getting removed from runes, that the pro scene will revert back to 2 tanks let's scale to late game meta again (Been seeing signs of this, bot lane diversity is gone now only scaling marksmen+ Ez again, Aatrox pick and ban is no 0% in favor of tanks top etc). What are your thoughts on this?
: It's not actually clear if yordles have "biological" family. Certainly, Gnar knew there were other yordles like him in the mortal tribes, but he doesn't seem to have been very attached to them.
Wait, wait, wait if yordles don't have biological families, then how can Gnar be a "prehistoric" yordle? Doesn't that imply evolution? And if you don't reproduce biologically how do you evolve?
: Yes. Gnar. Or were you expecting us to add MORE?
Wait so does that means yordles evolved more recently than human?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 10
I think Annie got weak because they are too reluctant to move her from her simple playstyle, she when she's weak she can't do anything and when ahead, she is obnoxus
: League gameplay changes over the next few months
What about changes to turrets? I know they're too weak. In top if you don't have tp and die to a game and your jungler is in base or farming bot side, your tower is gone. They are too easy to tank too early, there are games where the minions die before the turret isn't even half health, and it just is tanked straight up
: Again - siphon/drain/steal are all 100% not what is happening.
Sorry but I got that from the story as well
: > [{quoted}](name=WarWork,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=K8MJHw9o,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-08-02T19:25:49.419+0000) > > That's due to the nature of the games, League is a MOBA and honestly most of the community dosn't give 2 sh*ts about lore. WoW is a MMORPG, emphasis on the RPG, roleplaying, it needs the lore or the game makes no sense. And wow having more lore doesn't mean it's all good. I've been hearing the WoW community complain about lore and characters doing things that don't make sense for literal years. WoW has awesome lore, and a lot of it, but they also have problems and a lot of those too So, in your infinite wisdom, you are comparing 2 totally different genres and saying one is better or surpassing the other but when someone else does it, it's wrong? People like you are hilarious. And I never said more was good but like I said the ability to interact with it makes it heads above better. If you want to backtrack after I called BS and say WoW has the best for an MMORPG and League has the best for a MOBA then I will agree with you but comparing two different genres as being in the same ballpark like you did was the reason for my response and how I worded it in the first place.
I'm not trying to compare the games, Just the quality of their lore and how its recieved by the fans as well as how both companies pay attention to that feedback
WarWork (NA)
: > Now think about lol: what would happen if they kill Jarvan IV? Nothing, besides a massive backlash from Jarvan's mains. Why? Because there is no Jarvan lore besides his life, there are no events that built his story, only his biography. I said Jarvan, but this logic could be applied for all the other champions. That's really infair you're comparing NPC's to playable characters. You can't compare J4 to Varian or Uther. In WoW you dont play AS those characters, J4 dying that would be the equivalent of your playable character in WoW dying then blizzard telling you it's for story just use another playable character. And about conflicts in league that's not true. Demacia and Noxus's **major** conflict ended. Infact it ended in the death of Jarvan and Sion, counteracting you're point about characters not dying. The Ionia vs Noxus conflict ended with Ionia pushing back Noxus. The MF vs GP conflict ended. The Ascended/ Shurima vs Icathia. etc etc etc. You're using ongoing conflicts to justify you're agruement ignoring the already ended ones. And speaking of never-ending conflicts, **ALLIANCE VS HORDE**. I think you're only thinking about the champions as League's only characters.
Also characters have been getting their stories moving along, I mean just look at, Riven, Yasuo, Nasus, Xereth, MF, Akali etc they all got lore progression. It's just different because in WoW you play seeing these characters develop in league you have to read it
: I don't agree at all. Lol's lore literally goes nowhere: it's a solid status quo that prevents any development. Characters that are enemies somehow never kill each other, nobody dies or actually wins a conflict they are involved into. Frelijord? Conflict not resolved. Demacia and noxus? Never ending conflict. Void? A threat that never appears to be an actual threat: no invasions, no wars, no interaction between characters. Lol's lore is blocked: if the writers kill a character they will be hated, because lol's characters have no background and no story that develops from them besides their own life! If you look at Blizzard's most famous characters you'll see that even if they die, they are still appreciated because they contributed to a series of events that developed into a story (even if sometimes incoherently). Tassadar or Zeratul were beloved characters, their deaths during the events didn't delete their characters: they are still 'alive' in the memory of those who appreciate starcraft lore. They will be remembered as either the hero who defeated the Overmind or the saviour prophet. And this is just an example: there is Arthas, Deckard Cain, Mengsk, Cairne, Uther and many more. Now think about lol: what would happen if they kill Jarvan IV? Nothing, besides a massive backlash from Jarvan's mains. Why? Because there is no Jarvan lore besides his life, there are no events that built his story, only his biography. I said Jarvan, but this logic could be applied for all the other champions. Don't get me wrong: I love lol characters, but their story leads nowhere, we only have a bunch of bios. (Sorry for wall of text, I was brainstorming)
> Now think about lol: what would happen if they kill Jarvan IV? Nothing, besides a massive backlash from Jarvan's mains. Why? Because there is no Jarvan lore besides his life, there are no events that built his story, only his biography. I said Jarvan, but this logic could be applied for all the other champions. That's really infair you're comparing NPC's to playable characters. You can't compare J4 to Varian or Uther. In WoW you dont play AS those characters, J4 dying that would be the equivalent of your playable character in WoW dying then blizzard telling you it's for story just use another playable character. And about conflicts in league that's not true. Demacia and Noxus's **major** conflict ended. Infact it ended in the death of Jarvan and Sion, counteracting you're point about characters not dying. The Ionia vs Noxus conflict ended with Ionia pushing back Noxus. The MF vs GP conflict ended. The Ascended/ Shurima vs Icathia. etc etc etc. You're using ongoing conflicts to justify you're agruement ignoring the already ended ones. And speaking of never-ending conflicts, **ALLIANCE VS HORDE**. I think you're only thinking about the champions as League's only characters.
: Lmao, what is this thread? The Warcraft universe is massive beyond measure. League's literally **nothing **in comparison. Come on, be realistic.
I ain't talking about size, obviously WoW's is gigantic. I'm talking about how league is making steps in the right direction and wow's community has been complaining about the lore for years now
WarWork (NA)
: Lol technically they did, GP and all the shadow isle's champs lol. But on a serious note the nature of the game means they can't kill champs. That would be the equivalent to wow killing off your playable character.
People can die in league stories, just not the champs
: > LoL has a gift that their gameplay and lore are not directly dependant on each other so their lore can grow Not entirely. For example, Riot would probably never kill off a League champion -- no matter how great it'd be story wise -- due to the backlash it would cause with fans of said champion.
Lol technically they did, GP and all the shadow isle's champs lol. But on a serious note the nature of the game means they can't kill champs. That would be the equivalent to wow killing off your playable character.
: I kinda preferred the time when they shat on lore and actually gave a fuck about gameplay. Now it's exactly the other way around.
2 different teams sir (if youre talking about league) so the 2 teams have little if anything to do with each other. And they never shat on lore it was just random and memey league had a lot of lore it is just retconned and more developed now
: I've felt that Blizzard's lore is very trite, and their _CONSTANT_ inability to reconcile the Horde/Alliance feud is just stupid. The game has been going on so long, and there's flat out been parts where the Horde and Alliance work together, such as in Outland and the North, but then they decide to do something utterly stupid and erase any truce they may have had to splinter them apart again. It happens every time, they come together, and it just gets old and tired. Their story doesn't really grow and evolve, it loops back in on itself.
Yip basically. LoL has a gift that their gameplay and lore are not directly dependant on each other so their lore can grow
: > [{quoted}](name=WarWork,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=O6exEITV,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-02T19:06:57.670+0000) > > Was just saying this because so far for league it seems like most if not all non human sentient species have been strongly associated or tied to magic. And if humans have the propensity to learn magic, why not minotaurs? Also the lore doesn't state that only beings of Vastayan origin are magical, look at Skarners people. > > I think the demacians would look at the Minotaurs as monsters, look at Vayne's stories. And even if they aren't of Vastayan origin, they are big talking cow people, do you think the demacians will really understand the mix up? Skarner does not have human like characteristics like human legs or hands, that is what diferentiates him an his race from the Vastayah. In other hand, We know that Minotaurs are not Vastayah but they are creatures with human and animal characteristics, just like the Vastayah... so what is the difference between Alistar and a Vastayah? Well, Another characteristic ot he Vastayah is their magic. So, if we add magic to the Minotaurs, then the difference between Vastayah and Minotaurs would be almost 0. But its clear that Riot wants to make the minotaurs different from the Vastayah, so, that would make no sense. Trolls are not associated with magic in the lore, Minotaurs could be similar to that... Just a race of creatures that is not human. Vayne is an extremist, not everyone goes arround killing things that maybe they dont like.
> We know that Minotaurs are not Vastayah but they are creatures with human and animal characteristics, just like the Vastayah... so what is the difference between Alistar and a Vastayah? Well, Another characteristic ot he Vastayah is their magic. So, if we add magic to the Minotaurs, then the difference between Vastayah and Minotaurs would be almost 0. That's my point exactly, do you think the averge Demacian knows or even cares about the difference between a Minotaur and a Vastayan?
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Hey, let's not overreact. Warcraft is one of the biggest fantasy fiction of the world. It is 20+ years old. It has a movie for its own, also books of many. Its game are lore focused. Currently I love LoL lore more and I am more interested. Witnessing born of a big fiction has effect. You don't have this chance every time. From the beginning, to its end, I will hopefully be there because I love the lore. But it still has a lot way to be rival to Warcraft. And I'm pretty sure writers know that too. It is not a bad thing. It is more of Warcraft being legend, and a big brother to LoL. I am certain LoL can have its place among fictions like Warcraft, Warhammer 40k, LoTR, Dungeons&Dragons, Star Wars etc. with enough time.
I agree, I just think they are starting on a really good path
: > [{quoted}](name=WarWork,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=K8MJHw9o,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-02T19:01:58.052+0000) > > First I just wanna say congrats to the whole lore team!{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} > It's been a lot of waiting, silence, mystery and honestly frustration, by my Aurelion Sol has their work been paying off. Everything is not only exciting but also makes a lot of sense and they are putting out a lot of high quality work. They are advancing opened ended stories, providing continuous development to champs and regions, developing the world making its different pieces feel like part of a whole that makes sense. The time, effort and researching done is magnificent. They took the time to think out the differences between marriage vs oathsworn how their different nations looks at the concepts and why. They didn't have to but they did. Honestly reading about runeterra (minus the magic) feelsl ike learining about a new nation and it's simply wonderful. Another thing I really wanna give riot props for is attention to the community and reaction to feedback. I don't think many people appreciate how responsive riot is to lore feedback. Three examples here are; 1. The outrage to the removal of Varus' revenge and core story. A lot of people were livid voiced the concerns and were understandably upset, and you know what riot did, they went and brought his story back in developing Varus with the darkin update. > 2. The Darkin, when they were first reintroduced with Kayn/Rhaast and the Varus update, honestly they felt like another group of generic evil invaders, and crybaby ones at that too. They realized the community wasn't feeling that and they gave us the awesoe new story and best of all another reason to hate zoe, yuck. > 3. Karma, with the Ionia update a lot of her fans weren't feeling it and they heard and updated it. > > This listening to the community is the reason why i'm on the boards reading everyday and honestly, what made me stay with league. It really does feel like they care, about us and not our $. This brings me to Blizzard. First I wanna say I don't play WoW but I am very up to date and current with their lore ( I watch a metric tonne of Nobbel's videos and I spent hours on their wiki). And from what I've seen, blizzard seems to be numb to the community's opinion. Their lore is kinda feeling disjointed and characters' decisions don't make sense with the personalities they have spent years developing (why is the Horde following Sylvanas she is such an obvious bad guy, the Tauren were really okay with her burning down that tree really????!!). With blizzard lore is starting to feel disjointed and Riot is just steadily outpacing them IMO. > > But i just wanna say again congrats rito, I'm hooked on lore again and cant wait to see what you have in store for us. You play WoW lore everytime you log in. You read League lore unless they hold that rare event. It's not even close who's better and not even close to being surpassed.
That's due to the nature of the games, League is a MOBA and honestly most of the community dosn't give 2 sh*ts about lore. WoW is a MMORPG, emphasis on the RPG, roleplaying, it needs the lore or the game makes no sense. And wow having more lore doesn't mean it's all good. I've been hearing the WoW community complain about lore and characters doing things that don't make sense for literal years. WoW has awesome lore, and a lot of it, but they also have problems and a lot of those too
: Blizzard releases a good novel every once in a while (among a sea of mediocrity) and their ingame scriptwriting is fun but unoriginal and repetitive, directed at a very young audience. IMO Riot surpassed them in the story/fiction department this year, and smashed their character and dialogue writing long ago, during the daring, mature and highly original season 6. The only thing Blizzard has on Riot in my book atm is that their blood mage looks way cooler and their blood magic is more developed. But I'm sure Rito will come to their senses and fix that at some point... {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
Yeah I think if riot had blizzard's time and resources with the direction and mentality they have now, boy a powerhouse they would be
: Idk. I still like Blizzard's lore over League's.
And that's fair. Blizzard has TONNES of AWESOME lore don't get me wrong, but i think they have equally as much problems too. To each their own. Personally I thought blizzard had the best online game lore till this year. RIot has really been trying hard man.
: I dunno man. I'd say Riot can't complete with Blizzard until they have so much lore they have to split it into two time lines.
Don't forget riot literally did an overhaul on their lore and are building from essentially the ground up. Blizzard has a lot of problems in their lore that the community complains about and they just carry on. Blizzard has a lot of lore, but a lot of their lore is also inconsistent, contradictory and meme for memesake. Riot's lore is just seeimingly more consistent and they are listening to community feedback
: But... the minotaurs have nothing of magical. There is nothing showing they could had magical abilities, and for what the demacians may believe about them, they are just sentient creatures that look like bulls... but that have lived among them since centuries. What reason have they to fear and hate them?
From Vayne's stories it seemd they also hate monster and big talking cow people seem easy to mistake for monsters to me. And do remember that Demacia is not that old a nation, so since their inception they could have disliked minotaurs. Humans in real life enslaved others and considered others that they had no rights and were a lesser species because they had dark skin and curly hair, I do not find it hard for humans in this universe to think big talking cow people are magical. And also I never meant to say Minotaurs are magical, the lore doesn't tell us that they are ( or are not, no new development on them yet, heck riot could scrap them and make Ali an acsended). I was just saying based on what we've seen about demacia, I can believe a world where they think the minotaurs are magical/monsters.
: I dont think that Minotaurs should be magical creatures, since Vastayah are and Minotaurs are not Vastayah
Was just saying this because so far for league it seems like most if not all non human sentient species have been strongly associated or tied to magic. And if humans have the propensity to learn magic, why not minotaurs? Also the lore doesn't state that only beings of Vastayan origin are magical, look at Skarners people. I think the demacians would look at the Minotaurs as monsters, look at Vayne's stories. And even if they aren't of Vastayan origin, they are big talking cow people, do you think the demacians will really understand the mix up?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ahpe (NA)
: What aspects of the lore do you enjoy the most?
Consistency and the visiting of cliff hangers
: Good to hear that dmg is being addressed, though unless Runes Reforged is being reverted or being removed and changed back into a mastery system, and runes being added back in, without keystones in the masteries (aka getting runes and masteries back in both cases) I do not see myself personally returning to league. A lot of player expression was removed with runes reforged. A TON of the fun a lot of us had was trying many upon many different combinations between runes and masteries on the champions we love. Runes reforged didn't just bring stupid amounts of dmg into the game they removed a huge part of our expression. RunesReforged removed a lot of fun for us players in quite a lot of ways. I have a lot of bad things to say about runes reforged and why but I will only say 1 more thing on it. Runes reforged is almost exactly what ghostcrawler's team at blizzard did in WoW to the talent trees that upset us WoW players when he brought it in. Now his new team at riot brought in Runes Reforged into League and it had the same effect with the same kind of angry responses. Basically we don't like insane dmg and we HATE when player expression is removed for the sake of simply simplifying things on us, we don't like things simple and we HATE having expression taken from us.
I kinda disagree with some points on runes pre-reforge. There were basically set masteries and runes (with some exceptions like hecarim taking MS quints). I don't remember the ton of fun from masteries you're talking about. It was basically am I ad or ap, am I damage or support/ tank then select the premade set of masteries made forever a go then get into the game.
: To me it's like they do cater to the champion fans and players but then they sort of side-step in an 'extra' series of skins that include a champ who already has a plethora of skins. But you know it's okay since they made skins for the fans and unpopular champs so JUUUUUST IN CASE the unpopular skin doesn't sell well they have a bucket of pretty skins for the popular champion to make their money back.
I have no problem with Popular champs getting skins, they need to make money. I just dislike that some champs (with 1-2 skins) can go years with no skins and champ with 6,7,8+ get one like every year. Some of these champs aren't that popular anymore.
Rioter Comments
: You forgot {{champion:81}} {{champion:99}}
+{{champion:17}} P.S. Riot has basically admitted they are kinda biased when it come to which champions get skins.
: Absolutely - Zed would not stand for that at all. However, due to one thing and another, and being really busy with the whole shadow magic thing, he forgot to set up mail forwarding for the temple, so he still keeps getting all of Kusho's unpaid bill reminders! Nightmare! One time, debt collectors turned up about those lease payments on the SUV, and let me tell you now - that was one SERIOUSLY awkward conversation at the front door... Don't worry though, they sorted it all out. Well... I mean, Zed just killed the guys. Basically the same thing, right? He's definitely, definitely going to get around to painting the fence, too. Just stop going on about it! Dude works for a living, you know.
Baval (NA)
: early surrender is terrible
Being trapped in an unwinnable game is worse
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:122}} is a CertainlyT champion and has never had a "Dash". CertainlyT worked on {{champion:82}} rework and he does not have a "dash". None of the reworks he has worked on added a dash so why would you think CertainlyT add a dasg or movement speed increase when 0 of the reworks he worked on added those things.
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H8mWAe1w,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-07-17T14:09:53.390+0000) > > {{champion:122}} is a CertainlyT champion and has never had a "Dash". CertainlyT worked on {{champion:82}} rework and he does not have a "dash". None of the reworks he has worked on added a dash so why would you think CertainlyT add a dasg or movement speed increase when 0 of the reworks he worked on added those things. Because this is a meme post?
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WarWork,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VZruFEW5,comment-id=0001000000000007,timestamp=2018-07-16T22:35:14.884+0000) > > I love you coming on the boards but; Aww come on Bazerka you know akali's new shroud is a way different level. It's like looking at Kayn and Aaaaatroxx and saying both can go through walls. > > The champs mentioned (and stop watch) have a single moment where they drop turret aggro. A single moment that you can plan and play around and wait for. Akali can legit just sit under enemy turret for five seconds at least. > > I can just imagine that this new Akali is going to be just head burningly furious to play against if you're behind. **I IMAGINE** that when playing against a fed one that's competent, it will feel like she has so many tools that out playing her doesn't feel like an option, you'll just have to wait for her to mess up. I'd say hold off judgement until you play her. From PBE it looks like that analysis isn't the case.
I'm not really judging tbh, because i'm seeing the balance levers you guys are leaving (high energy costs, much less healing, the lack of resets). I'm just saying her W is a different level of strong
Antenora (EUW)
: Seriously giving Akali TRUE stealth?
Just remember Prof Akali did say they might change some stuff they did, check the champ reveal page. While turrets cant target her, she is still kinda revealed while under turret
Rioter Comments
: Syndra has 3 aoe abilities and can even knock akali out of the shroud with E. Once she does that then she can ult akali.
you have to know where she is in the cloud to knock her out of it sir
Show more

WarWork

Level 72 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion