pwc2016 (NA)
: Thoughts on Senna?
I think of the 10-15 Senna players I've seen, I think 1 actually went support.
: Statistically, why does Blue side still have nearly a 3% higher chance of winning than Red side?
It's just camera angle. I'm actually surprised that they're so close. In Dota 2 at one point I remember it being nearly 55-45 or worse.
Aoryuu (EUNE)
: Camera randomly gets locked.
Noticed this as well. Seems to happen most often when I'm respawning (but not always).
Rioter Comments
cars3n (NA)
: TFT end of year rewards?
Gold+ isn't difficult to get on summoner's rift either. It should be gold+ for TFT since that's where the cutoff for victorious rewards has traditionally been. Which is fine IMO, it's a good point where it's not super brain dead, but as long as you're able to learn the mode somewhat and grind out a few games, you'll hit it. As for the actual rewards, there's a chance we don't get one considering how it's still technically in beta. If we do it'll probably be an arena or something. Doubt we get a little legend since Riot wants people to buy eggs.
: Placements are broken.
And now I'm getting +30 LP for winning a game with gold 4 teammates while in Iron 2.
Rioter Comments
ZEDxi (NA)
: Just a discussion on veig, nothing serious.
What elo do you play in where Veigar is OP?
Rioter Comments
Jaxusalem (EUW)
: What about wukong? Trash champ on toplane above platinum 5 What can you say about him?
> [{quoted}](name=Jaxusalem,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HoGAoQuW,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-13T22:40:19.683+0000) > > What about wukong? Trash champ on toplane above platinum 5 > What can you say about him? Wukong has a 57% win rate in diamond over the past week.
: Do we think Iron is going to work?
It's the same MMR system, just dressed differently. And if you're in there, it's because you just aren't a good player.
: Wtf is wrong with ranked placements.
OPGG is terrible when it comes to its MMR numbers. They're little more than a wild guess.
: Feed, Tilt and Infamous Playing The Champion For The First Time
Problem is that normals is an absolutely terrible environment for learning champions. If normals weren't so bad then people would be willing to practice in normals before going to ranked. Even if you try normal draft instead of blind pick, you always get people who just troll pick and play like idiots.
: Is anything going to be done about autofill in ranked?
There used to be a time when there was no role queueing. You joined a room and you were usually stuck adhering to pick order. 1st pick usually went mid and last pick was usually stuck supporting. You were usually expected to know how to play at least 1 champion in a few other roles, the more popular your main role the more off roles you needed to know.
: Trolls in ranked is enough to make me want to quit.
So I'm looking at your match history, and maybe I'm just missing it but I'm not seeing these obvious inters and trolls that you claim to have in every game. Certainly games where people struggle, but that includes you as well. Honestly everything in your match history just shows standard low elo play. If you don't like it then get better, win games, and play at a higher elo. Also, your builds are definitely a bit odd. You seem to like mejais... a lot.
Terozu (NA)
: I'm loving the new Ezreal.
Haven't had a chance to try AP ezreal but the biggest problem with AP ez before this update was waveclear, and I don't think this changes much. The tower pushing power seems cool but AP ezreal still feels like it's exclusively a counterpick.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wasabi Kitty,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dATl2sV9,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2017-10-11T05:45:38.980+0000) > > No you don't need to work on "controlling your teammates" better. You need to work on playing better as an individual. I'm sure any plat+ or even gold player could spectate one of your game and point a TON of mistakes that you make. I'm sure they could, tbh. I'm sure they could also point out the 0-11 galeo support with first-tier support item and the 3-8 Lucian building assassin instead of ADC, too. The more I play in this elo the more I hate everything about this game.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dATl2sV9,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T03:38:28.161+0000) > > I'm sure they could, tbh. I'm sure they could also point out the 0-11 galeo support with first-tier support item and the 3-8 Lucian building assassin instead of ADC, too. The more I play in this elo the more I hate everything about this game. If you hate the elo then get better and get out of it.
Kloqdq (NA)
: Massive Game =/= Good Game
Just Cause 2 and 3 had absolutely enormous maps but they were very flawed games and I'd say 3 was an outright bad game. I can give 2 a pass because they gave you these enormous maps and tools to cause mayhem in them even though there wasn't much to do with those tools. 3 on the other hand did absolutely nothing to build on that.
: SA if they can't group, Rhaast if they group. SA gives tools to consistently pick enemies off the edges, Rhaast gives that heavy engage. Overall Rhaast is simply too good compared to SA though. That difference is an extreme one. Rhaast benefits: % damage (in a health-heavy meta), knockup, spellvamp/heal SA benefits: Mobility. That's it.
> [{quoted}](name=crzymdscntst,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=myP16Wzy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-10-12T18:18:30.547+0000) > > SA if they can't group, Rhaast if they group. > > SA gives tools to consistently pick enemies off the edges, Rhaast gives that heavy engage. > > > Overall Rhaast is simply too good compared to SA though. That difference is an extreme one. > Rhaast benefits: % damage (in a health-heavy meta), knockup, spellvamp/heal > SA benefits: Mobility. That's it. Mobility? That's it? You clearly have never played as blue kayn because saying that you only get mobility is absolutely ridiculous. The burst damage potential on SA is insane and he's probably the best "true" assassin right now in the game, with an ability to 100-0 squishies that's pretty much unparalleled.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wasabi Kitty,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dATl2sV9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-10-10T06:25:05.925+0000) > > By focusing on yourself. > > If you're at an elo where people make these kind of mistakes frequently then you have a lot of improving to do as an individual. If you focus less on your team and more on yourself, you'll not only avoid getting banned, you'll also climb. I mean, yeah I'm sure I do need to improve on my skills in mind-controlling people. But no matter what I do, I only have so much influence on others. I'll have to take a look at that pdf tho. And get good with AD bard.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dATl2sV9,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-10-10T18:36:52.978+0000) > > I mean, yeah I'm sure I do need to improve on my skills in mind-controlling people. But no matter what I do, I only have so much influence on others. I'll have to take a look at that pdf tho. And get good with AD bard. No you don't need to work on "controlling your teammates" better. You need to work on playing better as an individual. I'm sure any plat+ or even gold player could spectate one of your game and point a TON of mistakes that you make.
: How are people supposed to reform when...
By focusing on yourself. If you're at an elo where people make these kind of mistakes frequently then you have a lot of improving to do as an individual. If you focus less on your team and more on yourself, you'll not only avoid getting banned, you'll also climb.
An Draoi (NA)
: Why does ranked keep us at 50% winrate?
That's basically how it works. Only thing is people think they should be higher than they are so when they start winning 50% of their games in Silver 4 they blame Riot for forcing them into a 50% win rate instead of realizing that's where they belong.
: Shyvana
Shyvana is a very strong jungler if you play her right. You just have to play her differently than you would another jungler.
mye PP (NA)
: MMR dis?
You should really look up item builds or something. To me this just reeks of "I've been going with the same build on this champ since season 2 and I'm not capable of changing that." You rushed athene because it's familiar and comfortable, rather than focus on trying to be as effective as possible.
Rioter Comments
: WHY DOES MOST OF THE LEAGUE COMMUNITY HAVE NO MACRO????
Most people don't really care about being good at the game or improving. Most people just pick their favorite champion, and try to get as many kills as they can.
: > [{quoted}](name=TSM Piccaboo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6t7HEieN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-09-20T14:46:28.223+0000) > > You're just as useless if you're auto filled into any other role and fall behind. There's a reason why u can only climb with support. Please do not falsify information and spread it onto other people.
> [{quoted}](name=Riven xp ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6t7HEieN,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-20T14:47:36.132+0000) > > There's a reason why u can only climb with support. > > > Please do not falsify information and spread it onto other people. You can climb with any role. If you can't climb it's not because you aren't playing as the magical role, it's because you're too bad.
: Daily reminder that people put "daily reminder" in their title & never post a reminder the next day
"unpopular opninon" = popular opinion but said in a way to make it sound unpopular.
Aaross (NA)
: Matchmaking System (Specifically Ranked)
I don't really know what you expect. You're a gold player, you duo queue with a silver 4 player, and you're expecting teammates at the same level as you? When you duo with someone at a full division lower than you? That doesn't really make sense. The garen jungle game you mention, the guy was Gold 2 and it's not like he fed his ass off. He just tried something a bit unconventional and it didn't work, that happens sometimes and you just have to learn to deal with it. Sometimes your team has comp issues, sometimes you get outplayed. This doesn't mean matchmaking is fundamentally broken, it just means you lost a game. People always want something to blame when they feel like they're not getting the results they expect, and matchmaking has consistently been blamed for the failures of individuals. Because what people don't like is that matchmaking sometimes gives them difficult games, and hard to win games, that they lose. And since this prevents them from climbing to their rating, or at least that's what they perceive (the truth is that they just failed to play at the level they want). Yea it sucks to have someone on your team have a bad game, but that's just part of the game. If you want to climb and get to where you think you belong, you just need to play better.
Eedat (NA)
: The amount of bias on this board is reaching critical mass
There's a reason most of the people here are bronze/silver.
: If juggernauts had items that covered all their potential weaknesses, how would you feel facing one?
: TSM NA dominance, sign of weakness in NA?
No region, not just NA, is going to be close to the LCK any time soon.
: The problem is the build. With this build he has 100% crit 205 AD 60 MR 30 Armor 10% lifesteal 12% damage reduction CC REMOVAL and a SECOND LIFE
> [{quoted}](name=Moonfall Saber,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0dT00IoU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-08-25T00:50:41.559+0000) > > The problem is the build. With this build he has > 100% crit > 205 AD > 60 MR > 30 Armor > 10% lifesteal > 12% damage reduction > CC REMOVAL > and a SECOND LIFE 30 armor in an meta where ADCs are considered to be busted and you think that's OP? Lol.
: Because he doesn't need to be good for people to want to slit their wrists when laning against him. He has the Janna syndrome with the difference that Janna is utility w/o dmg and Yasuo has dmg.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tlPtvhP,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-08-25T07:29:37.059+0000) > > Because he doesn't need to be good for people to want to slit their wrists when laning against him. > > He has the Janna syndrome with the difference that Janna is utility w/o dmg and Yasuo has dmg. But he's not that strong in lane either, in fact his laning phase is probably one of his biggest weaknesses right now, especially in a meta that favors control heavy long range mid laners such as Orianna that will absolutely shit on him provided they know how to play their champion at an equal or greater profiency than how well the Yasuo player knows how to play his champion. Most of the mechanics aren't even that frustrating if players are willing to adapt to playing against him. I can off the top of my head, think of multiple champions that are much, much, MUCH more frustrating to lane against and deal with in mid and late game than Yasuo. A big one off the top of my head is Azir who has absolutely absurd range and can zone almost any champion off of their creep wave extremely well, on top of incredible mobility and an ultimate that does respectable damage and puts windwall to shame as a "safety net" Most of the reason that people hate Yasuo so much really just boils down to 2 reasons. 1. Players aren't willing to change really anything about how they approach the game. I see this all the time not just in regards to Yasuo. People want to build the same 6 items every single game. They want to play every game the same way and never vary their play style. Junglers want to start at the same camp every single game and never diversify their route. This is especially true in regards to yasuo. They want to play the same way they do against every other champion and not vary their play style any. Then they get penalized for this and rather than adjust, they complain. 2. They're living in the past. Yasuo at some stages in the games history was absolutely broken. He'd get nerfed, and he'd still be OP. He'd get nerfed again, and still be OP. He'd get nerfed and people would think that he was balanced or even underpowered, and then some challenger Yasuo main would find a new way to build him and play him and he would be OP again. Now that he's weak, some players, ESPECIALLY low elo players (which are usually the ones that whine about playing vs Yasuo) haven't caught on and probably never will. You can see with some of the other high priority bans. At one time there was someone who posted on reddit weekly breaking down all the top banned champions and their game impact, divided by tiers. To no surprise Bronze and Silver players very frequently would ban champions with low win rates and very low impact. 3. Yasuo is a champion much like Riven in that a lot of the people who play him, play him exclusively. A lot of Yasuo one tricks beat other players not because they win the champjon match, but because they win the skill match. As I mentioned earlier an Orianna will shit on Yasuo provided the Orianna knows how to play at an equal or greater proficiency. But if the Orianna has all of 3 games on the champion and only picked her because they got a skin for her from loot drops, and the Yasuo player has 700 games on Yasuo and has been in this matchup at least a couple dozen times, he's going to know how to play the laning phase completely optimally, while the Orianna player will most likely get smashed.
: Dont play ranked if youre not going to take it seriously.
Why is it meant to be taken seriously? Why is solo queue meant to be taken seriously? Why is normal draft and blind pick not meant to be taken seriously? What dictates the seriousness which players should approach one queue over another? There's nothing by Riot that says "normals are for fucking around and playing dumb shit, ranked is for going all out 100% to win." What if I don't want to take solo queue seriously? What if I value how I function in a team based environment with people I know and can coordinate a game plan in advance with, more than how I function in an environment with 4 people I've never met and will never see again? As a matter of fact, what if I don't take RANKED seriously at all? What if I, for whatever reason it doesn't really matter why, decide that I put more stock in normal games than that of ranked games? What if I take normal games seriously but I don't really care about ranked games, and go into them not playing seriously at all? The whole idea of any queue being a more or less serious queue than another is entirely subjective to the individual players and, quite frankly, stupid and should mean nothing to you. You shouldn't expect anyone to take any queue more seriously than the way in which you approach whatever queue you find to be the least serious. And furthermore the idea of "serious" itself is entirely subjective. Some people take "playing seriously" to be not playing a champ for the first time, others take it to be having played it at least 20 times in normal games, others think you're playing seriously even as a first time mid lane bard somehow.
: Lux is probably one of their biggest favorites, but you don't see her in the top 5 midlane mages.
> [{quoted}](name=Fairyfleur,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tlPtvhP,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-08-25T04:41:55.326+0000) > > Lux is probably one of their biggest favorites, but you don't see her in the top 5 midlane mages. Yasuo is pretty weak right now, and he is absolutely not a top 5 mid lane pick.
: Why the fuck are people still complaining about yasuo hes not even good
> [{quoted}](name=BoilTheOil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3tlPtvhP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-08-25T03:23:24.337+0000) > > Why the fuck are people still complaining about yasuo hes not even good Because they're bronze/low silver and have no real understanding of the meta.
: Really hate how riot's design has actively discriminated against passive methodical play styles
http://www.lolking.net/charts#/Highest%20Winrate%20Champions Janna, Malzahar, Sona, Anivia, Taric, Soraka, Maokai, Garen, Draven, Rammus. With the exception of Draven, Garen, and Rammus, all of those are probably the closest champions to matching a "passive methodical play style".
Bârd (NA)
: Good or no, unranked players are generally pretty inexperienced. Those who play the game for fun in normals can be good, but they are unlikely to plug in hours on the level of people who play the game for the competition.
> [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vNQkb6Hh,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-08-15T06:42:12.202+0000) > > Good or no, unranked players are generally pretty inexperienced. > > Those who play the game for fun in normals can be good, but they are unlikely to plug in hours on the level of people who play the game for the competition. Possibly. Could also say that people who haven't put in as many games and are at a mid-silver mmr as an unranked players are open to improving their gameplay and getting better, while people who are in mid-silver with hundreds of games played clearly have something that prevents them from ever improving.
: See alot of people complaining about Unranked players in their ranked games
Arkayed (NA)
: Without sounding rude, this doesn't really concern you. Most (like 90%) of League players are super low elo, which is why our games are a coinflip. Once people are at your level it's a little more ironed out and there are significantly less morons to be thrown into your games. I'm sure there's still plenty of "how are you even Diamond" moments, but it can't be anything like low elo games. Lol
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Suit Thea,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u7UbUqit,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2017-08-15T06:02:25.277+0000) > > Without sounding rude, this doesn't really concern you. > Most (like 90%) of League players are super low elo, which is why our games are a coinflip. > Once people are at your level it's a little more ironed out and there are significantly less morons to be thrown into your games. I'm sure there's still plenty of "how are you even Diamond" moments, but it can't be anything like low elo games. Lol They're a coinflip simply because they don't know how to control games and have enough of an impact. Anyone that truly belongs in a higher rating will have little issue leaving bronze or silver. People that stay in bronze and silver aren't there because they didn't get a lucky coinflip, they're there because they're bad. Watching silver players is just painful most of the time. Their pick/ban phase is awful (yes, it is part of the game) and they love to pick champions they aren't able to play well. The item builds are mess, they have no idea how to move around the map, they aren't able to force fights and make plays when they have the chance to do so, they're bad in every facet of the game. And then they don't improve because rather than identifying the problems in their game and working on it, they instead complain about matchmaking.
zaqat (EUNE)
: Because your matchmaking system is godly
https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=zaqat Mate, you're silver 4. So if you duo with a silver 1 then the average mmr of the game is gonna be around silver 2 or 3. Silver 2 or 3 mmr is about standard for an unranked player playing his first ranked games (in that queue) of the season. The fact that he decided to troll has nothing to do with the matchmaking. In fact looking at his op.gg: https://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=alanminator it looks like he wasn't even trolling, he's just a new player that doesn't understand the game yet. If you're still in silver 4 after hundreds of games it's not because of matchmaking, it's because you're bad.
: You are unranked and dont look like a fizz main but okay > I have seen, ever since his release, people rush lich bane on Fizz as high up as mid gold, and it tilts the shit out of me whenever I see someone doing it. Q applies on hit effects. Empowered w bleed with sheen is also good, gives good mana, it is cost efficient and not a bad rush. You can build both protobelt and lichbane so i dont see your point here? It stifles nothing
> [{quoted}](name=Afk Warding,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rA3U67qk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-07T05:02:48.922+0000) > > You are unranked and dont look like a fizz main but okay > > Q applies on hit effects. Empowered w bleed with sheen is also good, gives good mana, it is cost efficient and not a bad rush. > You can build both protobelt and lichbane so i dont see your point here? It stifles nothing I've been gold like 3 out of the lsat 4 seasons, usually with under 20 games played, I simply haven't had a chance to get my free skin this year. I'm not sure what ranking has to do with it, but if you want to bring up rating you should probably not be low silver with over 500 games played because that really detracts from your point. But if you're really all about rating you can feel free to look up Fizz on probuilds.net and see what professional players do. In the past 10 games where a pro players has played AP fizz, not a single one of them got lich bane before getting another big AP item. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make though when you say you can get both, you DO realize that the order you get your items in is pretty important right? Even if you end up at the same point, being a level 8 fizz with sorc boots, sheen, revolver makes you a much larger threat than being a level 8 fizz with brown boots and lich bane parts, or even a completed lich bane.
Rioter Comments
La Spork (NA)
: I know you guys hate on me and all, but I NEED to graduate from a good college.
Having a good education doesn't compensate for lack of social skills. People don't care what your education is if they don't think you're someone they would want to work with. People aren't going to give you funding if you fail to succeed at social functions.
: Steam Games that are hidden gems?
Subnautica I think is on sale for $10. Great game and they're releasing new content very regularly.
: Also yi if you're good enough. I main him and I only do it when I have red buff and more than half health (Usually lvl 3)
> [{quoted}](name=sythus1r12,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YNILEtEk,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2016-12-25T21:27:06.307+0000) > > Also yi if you're good enough. I main him and I only do it when I have red buff and more than half health (Usually lvl 3) Yi isn't a meta jungler.
: When you know your stuck in bronze 5
Maybe if you keep falling you'll end up looping around and getting into challenger.
: Am I the only one thinks the raptors are totally out of control in the early game now?
The only meta junglers worth taking raptors on your first/second clear are Vi abd Zac
: game lasts still for 40 min, and it's not because of the gold thing
> [{quoted}](name=playfive Koopska,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=N6piM5wV,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-12-24T08:34:13.343+0000) > > game lasts still for 40 min, and it's not because of the gold thing In 6.83 40 minutes was a short game. In fact if you look up the stats for the longest games of Dota 2, something like half of the top 10 are all on 6.83, including the longest game ever which lasted over three hours.
Show more

Wasabi Kitty

Level 109 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion