Hardstück (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WbIjvbwE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-04T20:10:27.556+0000) > > It shouldn't be the community's job to police the game. That's Riot's job. And they're doing a piss poor job if you ask me. > > (Inb4 i get a mountain of excuses on Riot's behalf) What does half of these words even mean lol?
> [{quoted}](name=Hardstück,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WbIjvbwE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-04T22:19:26.613+0000) > > What does half of these words even mean lol? Pretty straight forward wording. Maybe take another reading class? I don't know what to tell you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEQjvEkt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T11:55:58.660+0000) > > Then you can't complain if you ever get sexually assaulted, harassed, or discriminated against. If what your signing is undesirable, then find a place where it is desirable. A company has the right to hire by its own discretion. It can make whatever product it wants, and innovate or fail on its own merits/faults. If Riot sucks it will be Riots fault and it will be Riots screw up if it fails. They should have the freedom to make the boons and failures of their company.
> [{quoted}](name=StonePlatypus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEQjvEkt,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-05T06:16:59.575+0000) > > If what your signing is undesirable, then find a place where it is desirable. A company has the right to hire by its own discretion. It can make whatever product it wants, and innovate or fail on its own merits/faults. > > If Riot sucks it will be Riots fault and it will be Riots screw up if it fails. > > They should have the freedom to make the boons and failures of their company. Sexual harassment, assault, and discrimination aren't "boons and failures of the company", they're illegal. I guess that means when your boss tells you to get down on all fours and suck it, you better suck it dry. No complaints, buddy.
Hardstück (EUNE)
: OMG RIOT NEEDS TO ADD SYSTEM WHERE THEY BAN 0/5 INTERS AND TROLLERS
It shouldn't be the community's job to police the game. That's Riot's job. And they're doing a piss poor job if you ask me. (Inb4 i get a mountain of excuses on Riot's behalf)
: Banned for no reason??
Riot is full of garbage and their automated system is worse than the Youtube algorithm. Welcome to League of Legends
: > [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEQjvEkt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-04T06:41:44.368+0000) > > Like they have a choice. > No sign the contract = no job. > Want to work somewhere else that doesn't include manditory arbitration in the contract? **Too bad because that doesn't exist.** > Having a job is kind of a requirement to pay the rent, so basically the choices are homelessness and waiving your legal right to trial. > The fact that it's _even legal_ to waive your right to a trial is shameful. Don't like it? Don't get hired there. Mcdonalds is always hiring. :)
> [{quoted}](name=StonePlatypus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EEQjvEkt,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T10:57:18.891+0000) > > Don't like it? Don't get hired there. Mcdonalds is always hiring. :) Then you can't complain if you ever get sexually assaulted, harassed, or discriminated against.
Arsinik (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-03T23:37:37.703+0000) > > If you won a game, then it was by default not "impossible" as you say. And just because you've won those types of games does not mean everyone else can. That all depends on your team, your champs, the enemy and their champs. Why do you think the surrender option is even in the game if "every game is winnable" as you like to parrot. They are not. Sometimes, you lose. Sure some 4v5's you win, but most of the time, you lose. And all it does is piss people off who saw it coming a mile away. Don't project your games on everyone else. > > And by the way; it is literally impossible for every game to be winnable. Someone has to lose. And most people don't feel like putting in the huge amount of effort to win a 4v5 only to just lose anyway. Your blind optimism is wayy more toxic than someone not wanting to fight a losing battle. All you're doing is forcing them to play only to sit there and look dumb when you lose anyway. That's not fun. Especially in ranked queues. Lol bruh dont play ranked please. You are obviously just looking for a verbal argument and super pessimistic. You aren't going to win any games with that attitude for now im done with you. You are lvl 64 trying to talk about how much you know the game. Try playing for a little bit and have some optimism see how your match history turns around.
> [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-04T03:54:57.615+0000) > > Lol bruh dont play ranked please. You are obviously just looking for a verbal argument and super pessimistic. You aren't going to win any games with that attitude for now im done with you. You are lvl 64 trying to talk about how much you know the game. Try playing for a little bit and have some optimism see how your match history turns around. Way to deflect from the argument, buddy. You have nothing to say, so you try to pass it off as me just being pessimistic. And as far as level goes, I have multiple accounts buddy. I've been playing since season 4. So please don't talk down to me like I don't know the game. I win plenty of games. And I know which games I cannot win. It's not that hard to tell. The literal only reason people play out losing games is because they are forced to when 2 people choose not to surrender. You know i'm right, and you have nothing to prove otherwise. Also, since you wanna bring levels into this, you've been bronze/silver since season 4 and you're gonna tell me optimism wins more games? Why aren't you higher rank then? Not optimistic enough? Your shoddy arguments can't hold up when we compare them to yourself.
Arsinik (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T20:31:13.206+0000) > > Every game is not winnable. And that's a horrible attitude to have. Sometimes, you just lose, no matter how hard you try. That is reality. And 2 people dragging on a game that was long since lost is way more toxic than admitting when you've lost and moving on. No every game is winnable my man. Ive won plenty of 3v5, 4v5's. Plenty of times when both nexus towers are down and we have three inhibs crashing. I've won impossible games many many times. A game is never over until the nexus falls stop being toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T22:57:58.261+0000) > > No every game is winnable my man. Ive won plenty of 3v5, 4v5's. Plenty of times when both nexus towers are down and we have three inhibs crashing. I've won impossible games many many times. A game is never over until the nexus falls stop being toxic. If you won a game, then it was by default not "impossible" as you say. And just because you've won those types of games does not mean everyone else can. That all depends on your team, your champs, the enemy and their champs. Why do you think the surrender option is even in the game if "every game is winnable" as you like to parrot. They are not. Sometimes, you lose. Sure some 4v5's you win, but most of the time, you lose. And all it does is piss people off who saw it coming a mile away. Don't project your games on everyone else. And by the way; it is literally impossible for every game to be winnable. Someone has to lose. And most people don't feel like putting in the huge amount of effort to win a 4v5 only to just lose anyway. Your blind optimism is wayy more toxic than someone not wanting to fight a losing battle. All you're doing is forcing them to play only to sit there and look dumb when you lose anyway. That's not fun. Especially in ranked queues.
: You don't have to completely stop. Just play different games like me. Makes league much more bearable. Oh and bots helps as well.
> [{quoted}](name=Snarfuractu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=b07s5kkF,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-02T14:59:30.904+0000) > > You don't have to completely stop. Just play different games like me. Makes league much more bearable. Oh and bots helps as well. Nah, league is a dumpster fire of a game. You're better off without it in your life.
Felbhu (NA)
: How do you deal with a team that feeds? Because I'm starting to wanna uninstall.
"Well aktchually, eVeRy GaMe iSh wiNNable!" -Riot Shill If anyone or multiple people feed, the game is over for you, bud. And you can't surrender either. If you get a couple of trolls in game, Riot demands you sit there and suffer with them. Trash logic.
Arsinik (NA)
: Yes because that mentality is a negative attitude. Every game is winnable and you just giving up isnt going to get you anywhere. Focus on what you can do to win instead of focusing on the fact that you are losing. Losing doesn't mean lost.
> [{quoted}](name=Arsinik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zaFFOFbe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-02T01:36:49.578+0000) > > Yes because that mentality is a negative attitude. Every game is winnable and you just giving up isnt going to get you anywhere. Focus on what you can do to win instead of focusing on the fact that you are losing. Losing doesn't mean lost. Every game is not winnable. And that's a horrible attitude to have. Sometimes, you just lose, no matter how hard you try. That is reality. And 2 people dragging on a game that was long since lost is way more toxic than admitting when you've lost and moving on.
rujitra (NA)
: When has Riot done any of that in game?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yqN9bej9,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-02T00:43:31.283+0000) > > When has Riot done any of that in game? Oof. You got me there. I only have to be a paragon of justice in-game. makes so much sense. Then when the game's over i can head out and beat my wife. I can run it down lane all game, just as long as i dont call anyone a mean word while i do it.
rujitra (NA)
: You're free to speak your mind. You are not free to flame, harass, belittle, or otherwise create negativity in games.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yqN9bej9,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T00:29:56.992+0000) > > You're free to speak your mind. You are not free to flame, harass, belittle, or otherwise create negativity in games. Tell that to Riot
rujitra (NA)
: You do not get to break the rules just because you *think* someone else did first.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yqN9bej9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-02T00:26:43.254+0000) > > You do not get to break the rules just because you *think* someone else did first. I love it. Enabling toxic behavior by punishing those who are reacting to it. I love how riot expects everyone to be paragons of justice while they sit there and be openly sexist to their female workers. The hypocrisy and irony are too good.
: I know this stuff is terrible as it stands, but at least they ain't as scummy as EA or Activision. Good people losing jobs because they cant make exciting games their base wants because all the higher ups and their investors want is shit that gives them the most money. This is much easier to fix than those issues for those companies. Its just the effort needs to be put in.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5qzvVOJ5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-01T19:42:29.797+0000) > > I know this stuff is terrible as it stands, but at least they ain't as scummy as EA or Activision. Good people losing jobs because they cant make exciting games their base wants because all the higher ups and their investors want is shit that gives them the most money. This is much easier to fix than those issues for those companies. Its just the effort needs to be put in. Booo, dont make excuses for Riot. And before you even try to deny it: Yes, you are.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kalikain (NA)
: I'm a toxic player
It be like that. Honor is for winners.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OyGVJnhk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-14T21:50:19.550+0000) > > except supports to a lot of early game damage. (zyra, brand, vel, sona, morgana) That point does not hold up. And even if they aren't taking the cs, their unexpected burst of damage on minions can cost you to mis time your last hit. Nice try bud. Take this garbage elsewhere. Who dies to a morgana now!? She just a complete snare/sheild support now.
> [{quoted}](name=URF ARAM AGOGO,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OyGVJnhk,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T23:20:37.852+0000) > > Who dies to a morgana now!? She just a complete snare/sheild support now. She's always been a snare/shield champion. But her ap ratios have also always been high. She is a mage. She does a lot of damage
Kalikain (NA)
: 1. If you can't out cs a support who is already at a damage disadvantage to you, maybe you need to learn how to cs. 2. If you are resetting, it's perfectly fine for supports to last hit, or if being shoved, to shove the wave to save the tower 3. The tank support item actually cs's and gives both the support and you the gold, so HOPEFULLY, you arent confused with that item. 4. You're reportable for leaving the lane and losing game if losing a few cs tilts you.
> [{quoted}](name=Kalikain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OyGVJnhk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-14T21:21:30.912+0000) > > 1. If you can't out cs a support who is already at a damage disadvantage to you, maybe you need to learn how to cs. > 2. If you are resetting, it's perfectly fine for supports to last hit, or if being shoved, to shove the wave to save the tower > 3. The tank support item actually cs's and gives both the support and you the gold, so HOPEFULLY, you arent confused with that item. > 4. You're reportable for leaving the lane and losing game if losing a few cs tilts you. except supports do a lot of early game damage. (zyra, brand, vel, sona, morgana) That point does not hold up. And even if they aren't taking the cs, their unexpected burst of damage on minions can cost you to mis time your last hit. Nice try bud. Take this garbage elsewhere.
: Isn't witchhunting/calling out forbidden on GD?
> [{quoted}](name=Crimson Mutt,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Mqdycr1Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-14T15:46:09.132+0000) > > Isn't witchhunting/calling out forbidden on GD? Oh my. Wouldn't wanna hurt the poor troll's feelings now would we?
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KprEzGdY,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T06:38:00.741+0000) > > That's cool for you that you can play multiple roles. But not everyone has to live up to that standard. > > "Durr, I play more than three champs, so you have to do it too." Ok you cant play more than one role, how about instead of troll picking when you get auto fill. Picking a champ that is supposed to be played in that role Or simply dodgeing Or trolling in champ select to get your allies to dodge
> [{quoted}](name=rECatherine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KprEzGdY,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T06:40:09.956+0000) > > Ok you cant play more than one role, how about instead of troll picking when you get auto fill. > Picking a champ that is supposed to be played in that role > > Or simply dodgeing > > Or trolling in champ select to get your allies to dodge It's not trolling if its a champ you're good at and if you tell your team ahead of time. Riot themselves even said off meta picks are fine. Not buying it, buddy. If he's at his best with those champs, then that's all there is to it
: > [{quoted}](name=1eone2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KprEzGdY,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-14T06:28:03.482+0000) > > what are you talking about? > you focus on three champions to cilmb fast. mastering three champions enables you to focus on other things like macro. my point is that i can play those three champions extremly well but not when im getting matched with people who have no reason to be queuing up i mean did you even see my teams ? do you have more than one account becuase i do. Yeah i understand 1-3 champs that you can play perfectly, but only knowing how to play 3 is disgusting. I'm a "one trick" but i can also play other roles / champs and carry on those. I don't even like playing my one trick but thats the champ i can impact the game the most with. And yeah i have multiple accounts, one of them still sitting on a 18+ winstreak and others accounts i abandoned due to match making screwing me.
> [{quoted}](name=rECatherine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KprEzGdY,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-14T06:33:13.088+0000) > > Yeah i understand 1-3 champs that you can play perfectly, but only knowing how to play 3 is disgusting. > > I'm a "one trick" but i can also play other roles / champs and carry on those. > I don't even like playing my one trick but thats the champ i can impact the game the most with. > > And yeah i have multiple accounts, one of them still sitting on a 18+ winstreak and others accounts i abandoned due to match making screwing me. That's cool for you that you can play multiple roles. But not everyone has to live up to that standard. "Durr, I play more than three champs, so you have to do it too."
Rioter Comments
: Huh, that is strange. You didn't play at all for a looong time too :/
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QAYRabt4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-11T02:24:25.565+0000) > > Huh, that is strange. You didn't play at all for a looong time too :/ Someone probably hacked his account. Most likely
: Riot is a joke company, I got banned permanantly and i demand my account back with a refund!
I'd make as big a fuss about this as possible until you get your account back.
: U know if u complain to riot in the board their not gonna really care. Ur actually making the matters worse. Ive never seen anyone actaully get their account back by complaining like this lol. I'll spend less time and energy complaining and just moving on. I get its frustrating that u spent over 400$ or pounds or whatever that says. Just move on.
> [{quoted}](name=SKT T1 DRACOS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QAYRabt4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-11T00:52:30.666+0000) > > U know if u complain to riot in the board their not gonna really care. Ur actually making the matters worse. Ive never seen anyone actaully get their account back by complaining like this lol. I'll spend less time and energy complaining and just moving on. I get its frustrating that u spent over 400$ or pounds or whatever that says. Just move on. You say that now, but if this bullshit happened to you, you'd be right here, crying.
NY64 (NA)
: What would it be like if League of Legends balance team and Fortnite’s balance team switched roles
rujitra (NA)
: You brought up the idea that “because it is a crime, it is worse than something that is not a crime”. That is a red herring.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0005000100010001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:59:24.036+0000) > > You brought up the idea that “because it is a crime, it is worse than something that is not a crime”. That is a red herring. So tell me then, what's worse: being rude/mean/toxic to someone in chat on a game? Or stealing? Because this sounds like some false equivalency to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00050001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:51:58.566+0000) > > bc a few bad apples can't control themselves i wont be responding further
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0005000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:57:05.245+0000) > > i wont be responding further but you all agreed that once a bad person types in chat, the entire match has been ruined. the mute button is worthless at that point.
rujitra (NA)
: I avoided it because it’s a red herring. You are operating on the assumption that for something to be bad it must be illegal, and only (and all) things that are illegal are bad. Neither of those things are true, thus your attempt to bring that up is a red herring at best, and an extremely poor discussion tactic regardless.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00050001000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:54:43.786+0000) > > I avoided it because it’s a red herring. You are operating on the assumption that for something to be bad it must be illegal, and only (and all) things that are illegal are bad. > > Neither of those things are true, thus your attempt to bring that up is a red herring at best, and an extremely poor discussion tactic regardless. You're the one that brought it up, buddy, not me. Eating unhealthy foods is bad, but you don't see me equating that to being mean in chat.
rujitra (NA)
: Uh, I do? Communication? You don’t remove something just because it’s misused by some small people.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00050001000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:52:17.952+0000) > > Uh, I do? Communication? > > You don’t remove something just because it’s misused by some small people. If communication is so important, why have a mute button? It cant be to communicate because you already said that if one person is toxic, the game is ruined. It serves no purpose.
: do you really need me to explain why taking communication out of a team game bc a few bad apples can't control themselves is a bad idea? no, sry, not wasting my time with you
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00050001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:51:58.566+0000) > > do you really need me to explain why taking communication out of a team game bc a few bad apples can't control themselves is a bad idea? > > no, sry, not wasting my time with you Is that not what the pings are for? And if the communication is so paramount, why have a mute button?
rujitra (NA)
: Just get rid of stores altogether and avoid any more theft.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=000500010001,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:21:15.599+0000) > > Just get rid of stores altogether and avoid any more theft. Oh and nice job avoiding me calling you out for equating smack talk to theft or any other crime. Great job.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:14:33.204+0000) > > Just get rid of chat altogether and avoid any more toxicity in chat. what a god awful idea...
> [{quoted}](name=CharDeeMcDenniz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:17:51.443+0000) > > what a god awful idea... Why?
rujitra (NA)
: Just get rid of stores altogether and avoid any more theft.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=000500010001,timestamp=2019-04-08T02:21:15.599+0000) > > Just get rid of stores altogether and avoid any more theft. Well, getting rid of the stores would avoid theft. Not sure if you were trying to prove me wrong here or anything. Sounds like you don't have a good reason not to just remove the chat. We've already agreed that the mute button is worthless if even one mean thing is said. Just throw it all away.
rujitra (NA)
: Why does theft matter in a world with cameras, buzzers that go off if you walk out of the store, serial numbers... etc? Because it's still wrong, and other people shouldn't have to burden themselves because you can't avoid doing wrong things.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-08T01:00:41.969+0000) > > Why does theft matter in a world with cameras, buzzers that go off if you walk out of the store, serial numbers... etc? > > Because it's still wrong, and other people shouldn't have to burden themselves because you can't avoid doing wrong things. The classic over exaggeration. Equating smack talk to a crime. "Being mean over internet chat is the same as murder! Its the same as robbing a bank!" Just get rid of chat altogether and avoid any more toxicity in chat.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTyZ9eQy,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T00:12:41.721+0000) > > You're right, it is a free game. So, how does Riot make money? Oh right, they make it from the playerbase that supports their game. Riot is where it is now because people liked the game and decided to buy skins and support the game. (Keep this in mind) > > So, how does riot repay that support? They offer free cosmetic rewards for being honorable/ranked. Pre game borders, honor icons, ward skins, nice. Then they offer hex keys for their loot box scam. You yourself already agreed that riot gives you bum deals on this trash, and you're just okay with that because some vocal few people of the community don't like the way riot runs their game? > > Sure, you get a few boxes for being good on certain champs, but lets follow this thread: You run out of champs to get boxes for, so you do the small amount of missions riot farts out. 5 missions max (and that's being generous). Now you have enough BE to unlock 1--2 champions max. Assuming you're any good at them, that's 2 more boxes. Cool. > > Now, we need more BE, gotta disenchant those champ shards you get from leveling up. Lets just not mention how long it actually takes to level up. You get your capsule, and it has 1-3 champ shards in it. I'll be generous and say you got 2000BE from those shards (which is unlikely). That is no where NEAR enough to get more champs to get more boxes. So now, you've hit a dead end. You got all these keys and you're out of boxes. Guess you gotta go to the shop an buy more if you want a chance at those sweet gemstones. You buy some, no gemstones. Guess you gotta keep buying. Lets also not mention how often these boxes give you duplicate items. > > So now you've done all that, with more or less nothing to show for it. Its a garbage deal that leads you right back into buying more of their loot boxes. > > And once again you've shown how you're just a rabbid riot loyalist. Defending the billion dollar company from the toxic mean playerbase that wants to hurt them but also supports the game themselves. They don't need your help. They are not your friend. They don't care about you. They only care about your money, because like you said: Riot is out to make money. They are a business, not your friend. Let me ask you one more thing then... Why do you care about the game if you hate the company so much? Why play something when you know the company is trying to swindle you? Why not find something else to do?
> [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTyZ9eQy,comment-id=00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T00:17:46.908+0000) > > Let me ask you one more thing then... > > Why do you care about the game if you hate the company so much? Never said I hated the company. You just assumed that because I call out Riots scams when I see them. I don't hate them, but I recognize that they don't have my best interests at heart and I am just a paycheck to them. I don't treat them like my friend. I treat them like a business because I am a consumer. It saves you money. Take the crafting system in general. It doesn't need to exist. If riot wanted to, they could just put all those exclusive skins on the store and have you buy them outright just like every other cosmetic in the game. But instead, they direct you into this luck based system that forces you to spend far much more money than the skins in question are worth. Just like the prestige skins. Huge scam. Just put a static price for the skin in the store and people will buy it. The skins are good, just let people buy them. The honor system isn't there to reward your sportsmanlike behavior, its to tempt you to buy more scam boxes. And I don't like that. At. All.
Dionesus (NA)
: Games are not ruined by toxicity...they are ruined by bad players. The sooner riot realizes that...the better the player experience will be.
> [{quoted}](name=Dionesus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-08T00:17:37.974+0000) > > Games are not ruined by toxicity...they are ruined by bad players. The sooner riot realizes that...the better the player experience will be. Dunkey said it best: The root of toxicity isn't the players, its the game. Its not fun to play and it pisses people off." So when a bad player does show up, the game punishes you for being unlucky enough to be on their team, and it pisses. people. off.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTyZ9eQy,comment-id=000000000002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:51:36.944+0000) > > Youre right, the playerbase didn’t create the current honor system or the rewards it gives. The playerbase is, however, making me sympathize with Riot strictly on the basis that this is a free game and people expect a company that put out a free game to hand over their own wallet and checkbook to give players more free stuff. That isn’t how business works and never will work. > > Riot may be giving the playerbase bum deals because after ten years of hearing nothing but “you can’t make a game for shit” and “why did I get so-and-so in my promos” I know I would stop giving two shits as well. Again, they are trying to make money, the honor system is not a means to do that. > > How to get boxes? S-rank on champions. Can’t get anymore with the champs you have? Do missions to get blue essence and unlock new champions. IF you need BE then disenchant your champion shards from the level up capsules. > > Anything else? You're right, it is a free game. So, how does Riot make money? Oh right, they make it from the playerbase that supports their game. Riot is where it is now because people liked the game and decided to buy skins and support the game. (Keep this in mind) So, how does riot repay that support? They offer free cosmetic rewards for being honorable/ranked. Pre game borders, honor icons, ward skins, nice. Then they offer hex keys for their loot box scam. You yourself already agreed that riot gives you bum deals on this trash, and you're just okay with that because some vocal few people of the community don't like the way riot runs their game? Sure, you get a few boxes for being good on certain champs, but lets follow this thread: You run out of champs to get boxes for, so you do the small amount of missions riot farts out. 5 missions max (and that's being generous). Now you have enough BE to unlock 1--2 champions max. Assuming you're any good at them, that's 2 more boxes. Cool. Now, we need more BE, gotta disenchant those champ shards you get from leveling up. Lets just not mention how long it actually takes to level up. You get your capsule, and it has 1-3 champ shards in it. I'll be generous and say you got 2000BE from those shards (which is unlikely). That is no where NEAR enough to get more champs to get more boxes. So now, you've hit a dead end. You got all these keys and you're out of boxes. Guess you gotta go to the shop an buy more if you want a chance at those sweet gemstones. You buy some, no gemstones. Guess you gotta keep buying. Lets also not mention how often these boxes give you duplicate items. So now you've done all that, with more or less nothing to show for it. Its a garbage deal that leads you right back into buying more of their loot boxes. And once again you've shown how you're just a rabbid riot loyalist. Defending the billion dollar company from the toxic mean playerbase that wants to hurt them but also supports the game themselves. They don't need your help. They are not your friend. They don't care about you. They only care about your money, because like you said: Riot is out to make money. They are a business, not your friend.
: Why does toxicity matter so much in a game with a mute button?
Then the mute button is pointless. If the toxic comment in question already ruined the game, then that's it. Game's over. Pack up ya bags and hit that ff@15.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=00010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:25:07.512+0000) > > Oh, then I guess trolls and intentional feeders aren't that significant of an issue either considering how often people get away with trolling games. Tell me; what IS a significant issue when it comes to games? ????? People that troll and int get punished. People that AFK get punished. If people not being there at the immediate start of the game is causing significant issues in your games **REPORT THEM**. That’s the way the system learns. That’s the way people get punished. I’m not sure what exactly you want. You have something that is clearly an issue to you, and you have the correct course of action to get your desirable result. Right now you’re the equivalent of a dog that won’t give up the ball because it wants it, but at the same time wants to play fetch. If you’ve done this, and it still hasn’t produced your wanted effect, then it can be concluded that either a) most people don’t actually have an issue with this and don't feel the need to report it or (much more likely) b) it happens to such a low extent that there really isn’t much justification to adjusting the system for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=000100000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:33:27.636+0000) > > ????? > > People that troll and int get punished. > > People that AFK get punished. > > If people not being there at the immediate start of the game is causing significant issues in your games **REPORT THEM**. > > That’s the way the system learns. That’s the way people get punished. > > I’m not sure what exactly you want. You have something that is clearly an issue to you, and you have the correct course of action to get your desirable result. > > Right now you’re the equivalent of a dog that won’t give up the ball because it wants it, but at the same time wants to play fetch. > > If you’ve done this, and it still hasn’t produced your wanted effect, then it can be concluded that either a) most people don’t actually have an issue with this and don't feel the need to report it or (much more likely) b) it happens to such a low extent that there really isn’t much justification to adjusting the system for it. People that troll and int get away with it so much more often than they should. Don't ever lie to me like that. Don't dare speak as if the automated system is perfect. And you still aren't reading because I already told you that I report afkers. Your only real response is exactly what I said it was at the start: "It just be like that sometimes" It doesn't happen enough to the systems arbitrary requirements, so the people that it DOES happen to, are just left out to dry. Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Except, the few (being the people affected by afk's) support this game too, and deserve better than being told "dur just report". They've tried that. And got nothing back. Oh, and nice condescending comment about referring to me as a dog. Real classy behavior of a moderator. Riot sure knows how to pick 'em.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTyZ9eQy,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:19:50.678+0000) > > I feel sorry for you, really. > > You think that Riot is doing everything they can to make its playerbase hate them. To be frank, with the amount of vitriol the general playerbase directs at the company, I’m suprised they even give the players anything to begin with. People like you are continually bitching about everything Riot is doing wrong when, in reality, it has been the continuous venom of the playerbase that has seen fewer free rewards and bonuses , as well as actual gameplay balance adjustments becoming less and less frequent. > > Continue to downvote me and others who can see the forest from the trees though, eventually Riot may get tired of it and just shut their servers down and give the playerbase two middle fingers. I don’t want that to happen but all anybody does here Is complain and cry for nerfs. See what I mean? Nowhere in this comment did you say anything to prove what I said was wrong. You just got right back to kissing Riot's ring. Talking about how great and benevolent they are to even bother to reward the people supporting their game at all. Say what you will about the player base, but they didn't create this reward structure that nearly rail-roads people into buying their loot boxes. You can try to blame them for all of Riot's shortcomings but they are what they are: Riot's shortcomings. If anything, I feel sorry for you. So far in riot's corner you cant see or refuse to see when they give you a bum deal. You'd defend them no matter what they do, and that's part of the reason we have this joke of an honor/reward system now. Because they know they can get away with it and shills like you will defend it to the death. I just wan to know: why do you think they give us so many keys and yet, no boxes to use them on? How else do they expect you to get boxes? You tell me in your infinite wisdom.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xb3aGwAE,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:17:10.727+0000) > > "struck a nerve" LOL okay. No, you didn't clap back or do much of anything really. You keep making these desperate attempts to prove yourself right when you simply haven't even presented anything for your case. And for the record, the only one on the high horse is you lol. All you're doing is acting like you're somehow winning this argument when you're providing the mental showcase of a grade schooler. Since I already know how you operate, I know all you're gonna do keep on after this since pretentious wads like you can't live without the last word, so I'll just leave you to it ;p. Don't hurt yourself though, CLEARLY you don't have enough brain power to spare for an actual argument LOL Yeah, I definitely hit a nerve. Couldn't even defend the point about you only saying 'get good' to defend the bounty system. Resorted to name calling. Oh yeah, you definitely have the mental fortitude for a mature argument. You sure showed me. And the 'last word' meme? Please. Regardless of whether or not I have the last word, I was right. You can't do anything here but continue to talk down to me instead of addressing the issue. And your classic "no u, lol" argument attests to that. Come back when you can defend your claims, bud. I'll be waiting for some actual intelligent conversation.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:14:47.226+0000) > > And who decides if it isn't causing harm? The automated system? You think the artificial system can make nuanced choices like that? Do you have any idea how long 5 minutes is in a ranked game? How much stress that puts on the other 4 people on the team? How much can be lost in that time? And don't bring up remakes because all that does is waste everyone's time, even the enemy team. Don't come to me and tell me the system works. It does't. And that's why so many people get away with it. **If people are not reporting it enough to make it a significant issue, then it isn't a significant issue** The Leaverbuster system works much the same way as the IFS, where it take player feedback from reports, and then adjusts its parameters if enough people are having an issue with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:22:00.308+0000) > > **If people are not reporting it enough to make it a significant issue, then it isn't a significant issue** > > The Leaverbuster system works much the same way as the IFS, where it take player feedback from reports, and then adjusts its parameters if enough people are having an issue with it. Oh, then I guess trolls and intentional feeders aren't that significant of an issue either considering how often people get away with trolling games. Tell me; what IS a significant issue when it comes to games?
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:08:25.240+0000) > > "Report or send a ticket." It's almost like you didn't read the last comment where I said "more people get away with this than the people who are actually caught." Of course we're reporting and sending tickets. Doesn't seem to work most of the time. And your best response to that is: *shrug* " It be like that sometimes. Better luck next time." Nice. Real helpful there, Riot. Then it isn't causing a significant impact on games. That's how the systems work. If it's causing harm, it gets stopped.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:10:49.293+0000) > > Then it isn't causing a significant impact on games. That's how the systems work. If it's causing harm, it gets stopped. And who decides if it isn't causing harm? The automated system? You think the artificial system can make nuanced choices like that? Do you have any idea how long 5 minutes is in a ranked game? How much stress that puts on the other 4 people on the team? How much can be lost in that time? And don't bring up remakes because all that does is waste everyone's time, even the enemy team. Don't come to me and tell me the system works. It does't. And that's why so many people get away with it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:45:33.322+0000) > > Key word: 'IF' > > Seems to me like a lot of people get away with this stuff. More than the people who get caught. But I guess that doesn't matter to Big Brother Riot. If someone being slightly late is causing a significant impact to your games, then report them at the end of game screen and/or a support ticket. But if it isn't, then this really isn't anything that is causing you significant pain.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:49:56.461+0000) > > If someone being slightly late is causing a significant impact to your games, then report them at the end of game screen and/or a support ticket. > > But if it isn't, then this really isn't anything that is causing you significant pain. "Report or send a ticket." It's almost like you didn't read the last comment where I said "more people get away with this than the people who are actually caught." Of course we're reporting and sending tickets. Doesn't seem to work most of the time. And your best response to that is: *shrug* " It be like that sometimes. Better luck next time." Nice. Real helpful there, Riot.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vTyZ9eQy,comment-id=00000000000200000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:54:32.694+0000) > > I am not entirely sure how you came up with that ludicrously long wall of text but I do know that your logic is so far off the grid it’s entered an entirely different universe. > > How does getting a high honor level equate to spending money on loot boxes? It’s a reward for players who have battled through the toxic environment this game tends to create and have proven that they can handle adversity. It is not, as you put it, Riot “preying on your mental fortitude with fake rewards and hope you’ll cave in and buy boxes with all of those keys they give you.” Riot could just as easily give an honorable player nothing and people like you would then claim they “Riot doesn’t reward honorable players.” I have my H3 ward from last year and, even though I have many other wards I could choose from, I like seeing how far I’ve come from when I regularly told people to “go fuck yourself” and “GG our top is a piece of trash” back in seasons 1-3, to the notification I received in season 7 that my account had been free of reports and negative marks and I had moved out of the honor gutter. I am very grateful that Riot didn’t outright ban my account early on, as they probably should have, but that does not mean I am “deepthroating Riot” as you put it. Its quite simple really: Riot gives you more keys than boxes to use them on, therefore creating a demand for the boxes to match your supply of keys. (Staying with me so far?) You only get a very small amount of boxes. So, what do you do with all those keys? Right, you go to the shop and you buy more because Riot has flooded you with otherwise useless items for your honorable play. If you have addictive gambling tendencies, then this just lures you into buying even more boxes, even more keys perhaps. Your honor level means nothing here and I don't know why you brought it up. Cool, you got a ward skin. Good for you. However that's not enough for the other people who wade through toxic games all the time and stay honorable. All they get is a ward and more keys than they could use without breaking down and buying more boxes. Like I said: quite simple. But you can keep acting like you don't see what Riot is pulling here. Just like every other corporate loyalist that thinks these companies are their friends. They aren't buddy.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xb3aGwAE,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:22:43.407+0000) > > I bet i'm definitely better than you, boy. But I guess you never die in any of your games. Must be rank 1 in all the regions. How dare I? All this gibberish you spouted and you've still given no reason why the punishment for dying should be as harsh as it is. While you also dont wanna take into account the other 4 people on your team and how they play. but whatever, you can try to dodge the truth all you want buddy. My guess is it doesnt matter to you because you've never made it to 1000g bounty on yourself. Nice try trying to oversimplify a complicated issue though. Maybe you can go back to trying to put the square peg in the circle hole next. Come back when you have something useful to add. buh-bye LOL I can't believe that's your best attempt at a refute lol. See here's the difference, never once have I mentioned myself here. I've not once tried to say that one of my deaths/bounties was unfair, because they were. I'm pointing out how the system conteracts snowballing, because 99% of the time people with 1k bounties are also the people who have snowballed. On the flip side, YOU are the one who's trying to make excuses and resorting to a personal attack that quite frankly has no basis, considering I never tried to make excuses for myself, and in fact have been doing the complete opposite. Please, when you argue, at least TRY to sound like you know what you're talking. "BuH-bYe".
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xb3aGwAE,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:45:15.837+0000) > > LOL I can't believe that's your best attempt at a refute lol. See here's the difference, never once have I mentioned myself here. I've not once tried to say that one of my deaths/bounties was unfair, because they were. I'm pointing out how the system conteracts snowballing, because 99% of the time people with 1k bounties are also the people who have snowballed. On the flip side, YOU are the one who's trying to make excuses and resorting to a personal attack that quite frankly has no basis, considering I never tried to make excuses for myself, and in fact have been doing the complete opposite. Please, when you argue, at least TRY to sound like you know what you're talking. "BuH-bYe". Uh-oh, struck a nerve. You sit there on your high horse acting as if you done no wrong here while you've been repeatedly talking to me condescendingly to "get good" as it were, and now that I've clapped back, you're all flustered. Nice deflection from the original point though. I want you to go and tell a high elo player that plays a team fight as well as he could and still died to "get good". You're mad because you can't defend the harsh bounty system and could only resort to the 'git good' meme. You've added nothing to the original conversation since you got here, and now you're mad that I called you out. Begone.
: Who's under that impression? It's pretty clearly stated that that's not OK. Some people are going to ignore rules. There's not much you can do about that. If and when they get caught by the system, they'll be punished for it
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAAdWRI0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:43:32.911+0000) > > Who's under that impression? It's pretty clearly stated that that's not OK. > > Some people are going to ignore rules. There's not much you can do about that. If and when they get caught by the system, they'll be punished for it Key word: 'IF' Seems to me like a lot of people get away with this stuff. More than the people who get caught. But I guess that doesn't matter to Big Brother Riot.
: You really shouldn't be able to upvote or downvote without posting.
> [{quoted}](name=Spicy Rice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lkuIZ1qO,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-07T19:15:28.799+0000) > > Because honestly, people don't use upvotes and downvotes according to their purpose (increasing or decreasing visibility of comments/threads that are on or off topic), but instead, use it as a popularity contest. > > The result of such a system, is that the Boards starts looking like an echo chamber, where rational arguments are downvoted, simply because they don't conform to what some ghost voters (at least that's what I call them) like. > > If you want to downvote, or upvote for that matter, you should feel strongly enough about it that you can make a comment. Agreed. Now watch as they make every excuse in the book to tell you otherwise.
Show more

Wave Burner

Level 64 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion