: It's not even a full nerf, there's that massive cooldown reduction compensation. Not like it's already a spammable summoner spell already, right? 30 less seconds at the cost of 95 damage at later levels.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ir4w1Ern,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-01-15T18:20:54.274+0000) > > It's not even a full nerf, there's that massive cooldown reduction compensation. > > Not like it's already a spammable summoner spell already, right? > > 30 less seconds at the cost of 95 damage at later levels. Well gotta remember why it was buffed in the first place. Untill they address the high dmg in general, they have to compensate for the nerf or it wont be used like before
: Secret nerf to Zoe. I'm glad it's coming from an indirect source like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Rathar Dashing,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ir4w1Ern,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-15T03:23:56.588+0000) > > Secret nerf to Zoe. I'm glad it's coming from an indirect source like this. Luckily they reverted it.
iiGazeii (NA)
: No, they shouldn't. They shouldn't be able to carry on a support's budget. However, mid is hell for immobile mages. Everyone is playing assassins there and it's not fun to either get dunked on or play passively for fifteen minutes until you get enough gold to do real damage. At least as a "support" you get to actually play the game and not just hug the tower for dear life. High-damage mages are pushed to support when assassins are too strong.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=h59tInPi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T18:28:17.735+0000) > > No, they shouldn't. They shouldn't be able to carry on a support's budget. > > However, mid is hell for immobile mages. Everyone is playing assassins there and it's not fun to either get dunked on or play passively for fifteen minutes until you get enough gold to do real damage. At least as a "support" you get to actually play the game and not just hug the tower for dear life. > > High-damage mages are pushed to support when assassins are too strong. Freaking this 10x, its so goddamn painful to play mid as an immobile mage because of all the assassins and jungle pressure.
: Champions that i will always regret not banning if they're picked
: Zed vs Leblanc match up(for zed)
I would at the very least like for her chain's hitbox to go down.
Rioter Comments
Moody P (NA)
: wouldn't MS runes make more sense in domination than sorcery
Not really, the dominance tree is typically for people who do not need more movement speed while AP(especially mages) in generally typically do need it.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Hard to swallow fact: Support-Assassin can be done and be done healthily
: Hashinshin's ban is a great example of why what he says isn't gospel and shouldn't be taken as such.
I still do not thing being terrible at a champ warrens a a ban though let alone a 14 day one.
: I feel like Zoe's going to be a vicious cycle of addiction.
Champions i am currently being pushed under my tower/out of lane by include but not limited to: {{champion:157}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:91}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:7}} Even with those light buffs Zoe isnt even on my radar for problematic champions.
: Elo Hell - Please help!
It took me 3 and a half months to get out of Silver and i started in high Silver. You pretty much just have to grind it out while keeping your level of play consistent. if you are consistently playing then eventually the match making system will match you with people you can carry, eventually..... but its a long grind because most of your games in silver will consist of : Fresh lvl 30s, smurfs, and Veterans.
iTaLenTZ (EUW)
: The degenerated state of the game is what makes 'feeding Sion' possible
Reksee (NA)
: Being a new player I wasn't there in season 5 but I don't think it's dying, so many people keep saying that league is dying and yet its player base remains one of the highest in the world. So I really don't get how it is dying.
> [{quoted}](name=Reksee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=b355GIoB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-09T03:35:18.626+0000) > > Being a new player I wasn't there in season 5 but I don't think it's dying, so many people keep saying that league is dying and yet its player base remains one of the highest in the world. So I really don't get how it is dying. Its been dying since 09 if you believe this community.
: Inting Sion
They prolly wont do anything about it unless it turns up in the LCS like the YI + Taric thing did.
: Need help getting out of silver
Sadly its a little too late in the season to Climb really. All the people who quit are coming back around this time to try and climb which since they haven't played in such a long time are clueless on how to deal with meta matchups. Best thing you can really do is practice and prep for next season.
Akaśhí (EUNE)
: Things I hate as a Mid laner
Point 2 is the only thing that really annoys me about Mid. People have no idea how match up works. For example, they expect you to out roam an {{champion:136}} as {{champion:1}} or {{champion:134}} .
Blyted (NA)
: The stuff you complain about are just regular features in silver elo games. I keep complaining about them dumping new people in silver and it just gets ignored. It's not fun for the people getting destroyed and it's not fun for the people on the team of the person getting destroyed. Putting them in bronze is clearly the best for all parties involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Blyted,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jE73Wgwe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T04:58:27.054+0000) > > The stuff you complain about are just regular features in silver elo games. I keep complaining about them dumping new people in silver and it just gets ignored. It's not fun for the people getting destroyed and it's not fun for the people on the team of the person getting destroyed. Putting them in bronze is clearly the best for all parties involved. depends, took me like 3 months to get out of silver but when i tried at the end of the last season and the start of the new season it was at it's worst. mid season is where its at to climb honestly.
: PLEASE GET RID OF THE GARBAGE FROM RANKED PLEASE!!!
It's end of season bud, i am seeing them too in Gold. People who just started playing again hoping into ranked and feeding. Its just especially bad this season because the damage is so high that its extremely easy for the enemy to snowball.
: I don't know. It was far worse before they made the bounty changes. Now it's pretty common to win games, even with one super hard feeding lane. Before bounty changes, one feeding lane meant 0.000000001% chance of victory. Now its about a 30% chance. Still not acceptable but far far better than before.
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeCarry1983,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=V0Ggp50g,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T02:52:02.969+0000) > > I don't know. It was far worse before they made the bounty changes. Now it's pretty common to win games, even with one super hard feeding lane. Before bounty changes, one feeding lane meant 0.000000001% chance of victory. Now its about a 30% chance. Still not acceptable but far far better than before. Bounty changes dont really mean anything if you are playing 4v5. I mean i dunno if you have had the pleasure of seeing bot go 0/10 3 minutes into laning(and i freaking wish i was joking) 6 games in a row.
Rioter Comments
: Unpopular Opinion --> You can't cross compare AD vs AP resistances, so stop it already.
You actually can compare them not by exact effectiveness but relative. For example what AD has for x situation vs. what AP has for x situation. Also how effective the items have at stopping x situation as well. In both Situations AD still wins because their items are more effective, require no though process(nearly all are passive), and simply have more option.
: https://gyazo.com/968b84c3ea1b0c4bf78239d58283b27d You don't even see an AD mid laner untli number 16 And youd on't even see the next one until number 26 which is jayce. God all you mage mains do is bitch, cry me a fucking river.
> [{quoted}](name=PhantomGG,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EIbQEQdy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-02T05:05:03.689+0000) > > https://gyazo.com/968b84c3ea1b0c4bf78239d58283b27d > > You don't even see an AD mid laner untli number 16 > > And youd on't even see the next one until number 26 which is jayce. God all you mage mains do is bitch, cry me a fucking river. lmao how many AD mid laners do you think there is. All but one are top 10 there and the one who isnt still has a higher pick rate then most mid laners.
: You need to clearly state why "the game is less enjoyable when Assassins are Strong" in Gameplay+ to spark good discussion. That is what broke the terms not the statement itself.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ERVWvx2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-03T21:52:23.227+0000) > > You need to clearly state why "the game is less enjoyable when Assassins are Strong" in Gameplay+ to spark good discussion. That is what broke the terms not the statement itself. Fair enough, mind pointing to the specific point in the Terms and Agreements that you are referencing because if thats the case more then half the threads posted here should of been deleted.
: > [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ERVWvx2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-03T20:58:36.738+0000) > > Please tell me you're joking... > What happened exactly? > With detail please... > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I don't think he's joking - I think he's creating a false equivalency. He probably said something in his post that was against the terms, but he's trying to sensationalize it by claiming he just said "The game isn't fun when assassins are strong." I don't think we have all the information here.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0ERVWvx2,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-03T21:05:11.790+0000) > > I don't think he's joking - I think he's creating a false equivalency. He probably said something in his post that was against the terms, but he's trying to sensationalize it by claiming he just said "The game isn't fun when assassins are strong." I don't think we have all the information here. My exact Post " the game is less enjoyable when Assassins are Strong". Literal word for word copy and paste.
: 7/10 top tier champions for mid lane are AP champs...
Rofl how many AD mid laners do you think is in the game? Every Mid Laner in the game that is AD with the exception of Zed is in that top 10. That doesn't actually prove anything. Also look at the freaking WRs of them compared to other top 10s in other lanes. As far as your jungle comment. i notice you looked at the champions and saw 4 ap and said "welp its not dominated by AD" completely glossing over the pick rate comparison. 24% lee sin pick rate and 22% pick rate graves vs. 7% and 8% eve and taliyah. Meaning when you take both picks and pick rates into consideration that the vast majority of your games will be have an AD jungler.
Rioter Comments
STOBBI (EUW)
: No season rewards when im lower than honor 2?
https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011781068
: Dishonorable to Honor 2 (Edit 3: 1/22/19)
Dishonorable to Honor is fairly quick, the real grind is honor 0 to honor 2 or even honor 1
Subdue (NA)
: If you don't want to be treated like a child, don't act like one.
Sadly Ive just reached the point where i mute all as soon as i get into the game now. I feel like my teammates rarely have anything uselful or positive to say and the only time i ever see anyone talk is to trash talk/bash someone. I /mute all off the bat and mute ping spammers and my games have been much more enjoyable and i am raging less(this part not sure its because i mute all or that the games are so coin flip now that i no longer care).
: The balance team has honestly reached levels of WTF I did not know exists this year for worlds.
Ghostcrawler was basically the scapegoat and always has been. Anyone who actually knew how decisions are made at companies know and anyone know knew the history behind GC knew that he was never the sole blame. A lot of people forget the "Team" in Balance Team. He was part of the team at the time so he had a part of the blame but he was not the sole member. Rather it was WoW or LoL. Ill be frank with you, when he left WoW the balancing got worse and the gameplay degraded.
TaiopS (EUNE)
: South African Servers.
I feel like the people in this thread have never been to Africa if they think the population is small because that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard rofl. I want to remind people here that Australia(24m) has a dedicated server and it has a smaller population then S. Africa(60m). People sometimes i swear...
: You guys nerfed this for a reason right? Why in hell are you rebuffing it?
So if i am understanding this correctly. They nerfed the item, then compensated champs that used it and then are rebuffing the item?
: Why Do I Even Bother Playing This Game Anymore
I mean its a coin flip with Yasuos usually: They either feed right off the bat or They win early and get cocky and throw. Lately though, ive sorta just stopped being emotionally attached to games.
Barcid (NA)
: I would like to remind everyone that Jhin is not the problem
No only one champion is OP atm with that item and it's Jhin. So yes Jhin is the Problem. If they gutted the item instead Jhin would still maintain his relative strength in relation to the other ADCs. Other ADCs are building that item and not dominating like him, it makes zero sense to nerf an item because of one champion. This would be Ezreal all over again.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: how i got from bronze iv to plat Iv in a single season.
Interesting did you go from B4 to P4 this season?
Mordius (NA)
: Imagine how DZK is feeling right now
I think we should take to moral high road on this one and not bring him up anymore. The last thing i want is for Riot to think they made a mistake and rehire him.
: Now that DZK and Riot aren't together anymore, can we agree that...
I am willing to agree with the actions of 1 person does not mean the company as a whole sees that view. I was also more then willing to accept an apology from DZK but he double downed so i do not feel sorry for him in the least, he got what he deserved.
: Please avoid posting 747 turbine jokes on the Boards!
You are trying to hold the boards to a higher standard then the developers of the game. The boards didnt create that response, the developer did.
: Not if you're a male, you'll probably just get a response telling you to jump into an airplane turbine.
> [{quoted}](name=WomboComboDombo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAhWJ48w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-06T15:35:57.162+0000) > > Not if you're a male, you'll probably just get a response telling you to jump into an airplane turbine. Darn probably right...
: Retweeting something on their personal account (also, this was days ago way to keep up Boards, I saw this on reddit on the day of the controversy) isn’t any grounds for anything. Keep crying like manchildren
> [{quoted}](name=Spank the Fox,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7fUm4A0,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2018-09-06T06:45:13.416+0000) > > Retweeting something on their personal account (also, this was days ago way to keep up Boards, I saw this on reddit on the day of the controversy) isn’t any grounds for anything. > > Keep crying like manchildren Want to point out that i can get fired for what i post on social media as an average joe.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-05T07:00:36.992+0000) > > Cool. The simple definitions you provided don't take the hundreds of years of women being treated like shit into account. > > Yeah, again, cool. This still doesn't matter. Different people have different needs. It's not discrimination to give women a panel that they need. Do you know why men didn't get one? Because men do not need that sort of panel. THEY'RE ALREADY LIKE 80% OF THE GAMING COMMUNITY. > > Men are extremely favored in the gaming industry. It's not "demoting" men to give women something they need that men do not. > > Why do you think throwing women into a pit of sexist men is going to make men quit being sexist? It's not. It's going to make those women feel like shit or cause them to internalize their oppression. > > > It's not fucking segregation to have a panel for women. > > Colorblind approaches are bad and actually aid bigotry, because they fail to acknowledge just how significant and shitty our society has been to various minorities for hundreds of years. > > Also, it's fucking accurate? The only reason people are upset is because they're fucking ignorant. Y'all come in here with some 3rd grade definitions of sexism and think you're hot shit. Rather than sit down, shut up, and accept it when they were told they were ignorant, the community tried to argue and behave like children. So a Rioter called a spade a spade. Big deal. > > We have entire fucking academic fields dedicated to studying concepts like oppression...and you guys think your opinions are fucking relevant. I mean, there are people who have doctorate degrees in Women's and Gender Studies, Philosophy, Anthropology, Sociology, History, Psychology, and Statistics, that have all studied these topics, but they've just never thought of the BRILLIANT idea that "having the minority group mingle with the majority is how you get rid of discrimination" like League of Legends player Whisperwind23 did! The ideas y'all have are so fucking trite. Absolutely the most vapid things I have ever been exposed to. Do you honestly think that academics haven't studied the shit out of this? > > You've proved just how "wrong" Riot was for creating a panel specifically for women. You've solved all the problems of equality. We just need to expose sexist men to more women. We can just pretend that women weren't oppressed for hundreds of years and the problem will fix itself! We never have to schedule a time to sit down and listen to _WOMEN_ about what it is that _WOMEN _experience and what they think can be done to help _WOMEN_. That'd be unfair! Oh boy this is a lot to tackle so lets start from the start. 1: the past hundreds of years as you put it don't matter in this context or even is sexism the reason being is its the past if we went by the logic your showing in your post if we followed what happened in the past all men should be be treated like second class citizens for a few hundred years to make everything even.That of course doesn't work for well fairly obvious reasons. So what we have to do is make things equal now which for the most part in the western world things are equal if not leaning more towards female power over men And before you bite my head off for that statement we can point to the fact that minority and females have HUGE advantages in modern society with more females graduating both high school and college and men having the highest death rates in both work accidents and suicide. That's just two off a massive list of advantages. But i digress and move to the next point you make. 2:While there are more men in the gaming industry They are not favored in many ways the reason being theirs more men is simple more men go to college for game design its that simple and while I do see it as a good thing to help really anyone get into a field they want to I do not support blocking others from the same chance for any reason. 3:It's segregation to have a panel ONLY for one sex/race its the same logic as having a White only bathroom. 4:A color blind approach is how we fix the issues in are society actually we should view people as people regardless of sex/race not give power to people depending on there sex/race or give them privileges doing so actually forms bigotry. 5:Telling people to shut up and accept something is never a good way to get your point across and the definition of sexism he is using is the correct one not one formed in a rather bigotry filled course that is gender studies 6:just because you have a degree in something does not mean you know everything about the subject or the fact gender studies doesn't delve into men's issues which there is quite a lot of that if people where more knowledgeable about maybe this the grass is greener on your side debate could end. 7: And this will be the hardest part to debate But ill try to form my words clearly here to get my point across. What riot did was sexist Towards men and we are going with the basic "3rd grade" definition as you called it. There is ways to help females get into the game industry but how they did it here was not how. They could have had the conference open to everyone and had it themed around females in the game industry and it would have went a lot better. The next part of your thing yes the hundreds of years of oppression towards females and minority's was terrible but its a different time its time to forgive and work to make a better future not lord the past over each other for victim hood points and you coming into what was a fairly reasonable post acting like there isn't a issue doesn't help this in fact it makes it worse should we sit down with minority's and listen yes should we not a be able to talk back? No we still have a right to a opinion on the subject. Now some closing things before I get my neck ripped out for speaking Please show me some respect and this person respect as well I know we are the league community but having a reasonable talk sometimes is a good thing even if we don't want to we should still be respectful to others for the opinions most of the reason I'm saying this is simple the past few days I have seen toxic things from all sides and well I think we shouldn't stoop any lower.
> [{quoted}](name=Paige weaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=00030008,timestamp=2018-09-06T01:56:17.173+0000) > > 4:A color blind approach is how we fix the issues in are society actually we should view people as people regardless of sex/race not give power to people depending on there sex/race or give them privileges doing so actually forms bigotry. > I agree with mostly everything you said except for this statement. I do not think people should just pretend i am not black but instead acknowledge it and still see me as an equal, i am assuming though thats what you meant and didnt word it properly. I think though my biggest grip about it is that i agree that we should being more women to the table when we can but at the same time we shouldn't be kicking men out of it. When you do that, its not actually equality.
: > [{quoted}](name=PTZekrom69,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:00:36.282+0000) > > It's dominated by men not because men don't allow women to join it, it's dominated by men because many women simply aren't interested in gaming. It's as simple as that. Agree with this part. >If they want to be gamers, they will be welcomed. Disagree with this part. It is not fun being a woman in PARTS of the online gaming community. If you're a woman you know exactly what I'm talking about, but even if you're an observant male, you get it as well. Women can't just be part of the crowd, they're either hit on, given additional attention/enticements by dudes or the situation goes the opposite way and women receive substantially worse treatment simply because they're female and are considered "bad at games" or whatever hostility may exist. It's disruptive and tiresome to see this type of behavior. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but if you've ever taken time to listen to many of the female gamers, either on this Board or elsewhere, you would know exactly what the deal is and why they don't always feel 'welcomed'.
> [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-09-06T00:19:51.463+0000) > > It is not fun being a woman in PARTS of the online gaming community. If you're a woman you know exactly what I'm talking about, but even if you're an observant male, you get it as well. Women can't just be part of the crowd, they're either hit on, given additional attention/enticements by dudes or the situation goes the opposite way and women receive substantially worse treatment simply because they're female and are considered "bad at games" or whatever hostility may exist. It's disruptive and tiresome to see this type of behavior. > > This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but if you've ever taken time to listen to many of the female gamers, either on this Board or elsewhere, you would know exactly what the deal is and why they don't always feel 'welcomed'. This is what is called as being perceived to be treated worse. The gaming community as a whole overall treat people the same with less animosity. That means if someone wants to be sexist they will because they believe they are hidden. If someone wants to be racist they will for the same reason. I mean if i had a dollar for every time someone called me the "N" word or threw derogatory black racial stereotypes at me i would be a millionaire but those people just like real life are people i do not associate and when i see it i end it. My love for gaming has not decreased from those things and its a part of being on the internet(for better or for worse) however just because those things happen to me and there are hardly any black league player representation does not mean i want to suddenly to have black only events, that doesn't make sense.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Actually, gaming is an industry that's dominated by men In league, there has only been 1 female player compared to hundreds of male players So yes, i would say that gaming is dominated by men And btw, women not being interested in gaming is a really shitty stereotype
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:19:28.198+0000) > > Actually, gaming is an industry that's dominated by men > In league, there has only been 1 female player compared to hundreds of male players > > So yes, i would say that gaming is dominated by men > > And btw, women not being interested in gaming is a really shitty stereotype Ive absorbed what you said and throw this question at you. What do you suppose is stopping more women from getting into the gaming industry that men are also not experiencing in it? Its easy to say "its dominated by men" but so are other things like for example the NFL but its not easy to say why. Its easy to make baseless and generic statements as to why but it seems like when the question is asked why it is never answer by any women is currently active in the gaming world nor any who have any interest in it but have concern but instead by people with no interest and white knights who do not even see the irony in that trying to "protect" women they are invalidating them and putting them into a category of "must protect" instead of being equals. What Riot did cannot be looked at as equality at all.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Women being uninterested in video games is just a pure stereotype I don't get who do you think you are to claim something that you just imagine in your mind >if they want to be gamers, they will be welcomed. https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/MvsksxvBFqFaJTXeFbDI66hk0H4Ii2IFLx25zq9Ke2I/https/i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/895fe7a239e44e56ad5a4b5f73bce51b-png.jpg I guess no one here has an idea of the amount of sexism girls encounter in games PS: **yes this pax fiasco was an aberration from riot** and **Yes, sexism against women in video games is still real**
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2bZ5VH01,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-05T20:06:06.037+0000) > > Women being uninterested in video games is just a pure stereotype > > I don't get who do you think you are to claim something that you just imagine in your mind > > https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/MvsksxvBFqFaJTXeFbDI66hk0H4Ii2IFLx25zq9Ke2I/https/i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/895fe7a239e44e56ad5a4b5f73bce51b-png.jpg > > I guess no one here has an idea of the amount of sexism girls encounter in games > > PS: **yes this pax fiasco was an aberration from riot** > and > **Yes, sexism against women in video games is still real** I encounter racism on a daily basis in gaming and it doesnt stop me from doing it, i fail to see the reasoning behind your argument. The amount of Women playing games has increased a lot without anyone needing to hold their hands, they are people just like we are and do not need to be hand held and babied. That is just being disrespectful to them.
Brizzh (NA)
: Are non-ADC Bot Laners still viable?
I mean all i ever see is jhin and kaisa now, so diversity has definitely went down.
: Clearing up confusion on if what Riot did was Sexist or not.
Yago i believe is trolling at this point, just ignore them.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Whisperwind23,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=00030006,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:17:44.186+0000) > > What other definition would i use, the real one. Also, IDK, the better definition used by people who study this shit for a living. > I know you are not trying to say its not relate-able with my History. My ancestors were literally slaves, were lynched, were raped, were treated less then humans based solely on the color of their skin. I personally have been pulled over and threaten to be arrested/beating without so much as saying a word, you do not get to tell me what i should and shouldn't believe and what does or does not work because i am telling you as someone with friends who were once deeply racist that this is not how you progress. Maybe that worked anecdotally. Maybe it works on an individual basis. It doesn't work on a systemic level. > Yes different people have different needs ive been well around the world and seen all types of people, what does that have to do with blocking an entire sex though? > Men are not "extremely favored" they are "extremely present" theres a difference. That means that simply more males play then female. Females are actually the ones that are more favored because there are less of them in the community. Men were allowed to harass a female developer on her personal Twitter account and then get her fired for being slightly rude when she called them out for mansplaining trite nonsense to her. Riot also just acknowledged that the environment in their company was/is hostile to women and that they are trying to fix it. Yeah. Those are two very obvious cases of the industry favoring men. That's why women get a panel to themselves. To address the sexism in the gaming industry. It's not like this was some completely unrelated women only chess club. > Thats not all too, i suggest you actually look up all the fields with hardly any female representation, they offer tons of scholarships for females, especially in engineering and i think things like this is generally fine because it encourages more females to try though fields similar to how in the military certain rates get bonuses(and yes i was in the military, US Navy, Operations Specialist.). They offer those things to encourage women to join that field. Women were deliberately kept out of STEM and the military for a long time? That's recompense, not favoritism. > Yes it is. Segregation: set apart or separated from others of the same kind or group. > In this instance the separated will be male and female, the group would be human Technically? Yes. There are connotations to that word which aren't helpful to have in this discussion, though. It's typically applied to legislature and caste systems. I also don't think there's actually a point in being that broad with the term. It's unhelpful that way, technically accurate or not. So, whatever, I guess? > Yes they are bad however talking in an echo-chamber is just as bad which is what x-sex-only or x-race-only separation does. Hearing all points of views is important. No, all points of view are not important. You're not going to get a qualified opinion on the cuisine of indigenous peoples from a particle physicist, and you don't ask an anthropologist about quarks. You're not creating an echo chamber by tossing out the people who have no fucking clue what's going on. When you create "all inclusive" discussions you often end up harming the people who should have had the spotlight in the conversation. For example, the pointless straw bans which got passed recently are fucking awful for many disabled people. They said that from the second straw bans were proposed. No one fucking listened, and now they get yelled at when they use a straw that they NEED TO DRINK AT ALL in public spaces. > I talked in a rational tone making sure every response i made was respectful as possible. Now objectively speaking if someone read my responses and stacked them up towards yours which one would sound more adult and which one would sound more childish. With that being said, if all my people did was "sit down, shut up, and accept it" we would still be slaves. The fuck does it matter how polite your thread is? Its premise is based on ignorance and the deliberate equivocation key terms. It's inherently bullshit to sit here and claim that you guys care about discrimination. Men aren't subject to sexism in the gaming industry. Women are. It's not that fucking hard to see that women need the panel and men do not. Fuck your tone policing? I'm tired of sitting and respectfully debating only to have some fool run around screaming bad faith talking points and demanding that I debate them gently. I spent the time educating myself. You can spend the time educating yourself. This thread is sensationalized hot garbage. Men weren't unfairly discriminated against. > I need you to site your references as to who is telling you that echo-chambers are how you resolve deep issues like this because i assure you that doesn't exist. It's not an echo chamber to have minority only spaces. Riot had women by themselves for a few hours. They didn't lock them in there for six months. > You took what i said completely out of context. What i meant(and again what most reasonable took it), was having the male listen to the concerns of females and vise versa to clear up misconceptions as well as getting to the heart of the problem. If Only women are listening and talking with themselves about their problems how are we suppose to know what they are. You know why it's often unhelpful to ask men to listen to women and then ask women to listen to men? 'cause what happens is that the women get cut off and aren't allowed to speak. Obviously that doesn't _always_ happen. Obviously that doesn't mean women shouldn't try and educate men. But you can't seriously act like it's SO fucking revolutionary to suggest that people communicate. I never said they shouldn't. I'm just saying that sometimes you need to give women the chance to talk without the men in the room. ZenonTheStoic made an entire fucking thread telling you some of what their problems are and why Riot made a panel specifically for women. Y'all are _still_ out here trying to call that unfair to men. So, bullshit. You're not fucking interested in what their problems are. You were TOLD and are STILL sitting here making whole fucking threads dissenting.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=000300060000,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:11:33.354+0000) > > IDK, the better definition used by people who study this shit for a living. > So you do not know what you are referencing AND you think people study definitions for a living. Worse off you do not know the profession of said people. Please take this discussion seriously, not really here to play games or troll. > Maybe that worked anecdotally. Maybe it works on an individual basis. It doesn't work on a systemic level. > Why is that you need to explain your reasoning. > Men were allowed to harass a female developer on her personal Twitter account and then get her fired for being slightly rude when she called them out for mansplaining trite nonsense to her. Riot also just acknowledged that the environment in their company was/is hostile to women and that they are trying to fix it. Yeah. Those are two very obvious cases of the industry favoring men. > Are you saying Men are not harassed on their twitter accounts as well? i can assure you that is not the case. > That's why women get a panel to themselves. To address the sexism in the gaming industry. It's not like this was some completely unrelated women only chess club. > They aren't addressing anything. Its literally an echo chamber, only the women there know what was discussed because the actual majority was rejected. Meaning nothing will happen first of all if that happened. > They offer those things to encourage women to join that field. Women were deliberately kept out of STEM and the military for a long time? That's recompense, not favoritism. > Thats actually false, women were not kept out of the military, they were restricted to specific jobs in the military which is no longer the case, why you ask? not because of women only dialog but because we all came together(both men and female) and had a discussion about it. > Technically? Yes. There are connotations to that word which aren't helpful to have in this discussion, though. It's typically applied to legislature and caste systems. I also don't think there's actually a point in being that broad with the term. It's unhelpful that way, technically accurate or not. So, whatever, I guess? > Technically nothing, it actually is segregation, this is what i am talking about when people do not want to have an actual discussion when they cannot even agree on something as basic as this. > No, all points of view are not important. You're not going to get a qualified opinion on the cuisine of indigenous peoples from a particle physicist, and you don't ask an anthropologist about quarks. You're not creating an echo chamber by tossing out the people who have no fucking clue what's going on. > You used the wrong example heres. IT would be like asking someone who opened their business in one field compared to someone who opened a business in another field for advice. Yes their fields are different but their struggle is quite similar. > When you create "all inclusive" discussions you often end up harming the people who should have had the spotlight in the conversation. For example, the pointless straw bans which got passed recently are fucking awful for many disabled people. They said that from the second straw bans were proposed. No one fucking listened, and now they get yelled at when they use a straw that they NEED TO DRINK AT ALL in public spaces. > Thank you for proving my point, if a larger discussion we brough and more people were brought into the discussion the change would not have gone though however hardly anyone knew it was a problem because it affected the minority and the majority had no idea. > The fuck does it matter how polite your thread is? Its premise is based on ignorance and the deliberate equivocation key terms. It's inherently bullshit to sit here and claim that you guys care about discrimination. Men aren't subject to sexism in the gaming industry. Women are. It's not that fucking hard to see that women need the panel and men do not. > So i am telling you i care about discrimination, i am telling you that it happens to me constantly and have grew up being discriminated on but you are telling me i do not care about discrimination based solely on the fact that i am male, thats extremely sexist. Second if you cannot be civil even with people you disagree with, why should anyone give you the time of day? I think your response told me everything i needed to know about you so just going to ignore you so i can more the conversation forward. > Fuck your tone policing? I'm tired of sitting and respectfully debating only to have some fool run around screaming bad faith talking points and demanding that I debate them gently. I spent the time educating myself. You can spend the time educating yourself. This thread is sensationalized hot garbage. Men weren't unfairly discriminated against. > Um what, you haven't been respectful at all and when i tell you why i haven't been disrespectful toward you, you then rage. Your eally have a lot of growing up to do and when you have ill gladely debate you again > It's not an echo chamber to have minority only spaces. Riot had women by themselves for a few hours. They didn't lock them in there for six months. > What yes is it do you not know what an echo chamber is let me help you: an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered. For example saying all men are sexist in a group of people who all agree the same thing = echo chamber = what Riot did > You know why it's often unhelpful to ask men to listen to women and then ask women to listen to men? 'cause what happens is that the women get cut off and aren't allowed to speak. Obviously that doesn't _always_ happen. Obviously that doesn't mean women shouldn't try and educate men. But you can't seriously act like it's SO fucking revolutionary to suggest that people communicate. I never said they shouldn't. I'm just saying that sometimes you need to give women the chance to talk without the men in the room. > This isn't true, just not even gonna say anything else here really its really the dumbest state ive read in quite a while. > ZenonTheStoic made an entire fucking thread telling you some of what their problems are and why Riot made a panel specifically for women. Y'all are _still_ out here trying to call that unfair to men. So, bullshit. You're not fucking interested in what their problems are. You were TOLD and are STILL sitting here making whole fucking threads dissenting. Yes i read his thread, his thread missed the mark completely as well as his solution. i mean you even have female gamers saying what Riot did was wrong. Unlike you i have a great example: https://twitter.com/karonmoser/status/1036039346388955136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1036039346388955136%7Ctwcon%5Elogo&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.polygon.com%2F2018%2F9%2F4%2F17810676%2Fpax-west-panel-league-of-legends-riot-games-controversy "I don't oppose and occasionally support career outreaches that target women in gaming. Events with a career in gaming bent that exclude men reinforce an archaic idea that women cannot coexist with men professionally. It is not the solution." I agree with this statement 100%
: Clearing up confusion on if what Riot did was Sexist or not.
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=000300050000,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:24:47.821+0000) > > It is the superior definition. It allows us to examine the way oppression exists in the world we live in. There are still words to describe individual biases. > P.S. just for giggles i looked up " Superior Definition" and yea its not a thing. I mean just reading half of the things you have said up to this point has lead me to believe that our education system has failed.
Yago (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dorans Pants,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=00030005,timestamp=2018-09-05T15:28:16.200+0000) > > Because the definition of discrimination based on a position of power is sooo superior /s. You mean the definition that allows people to say: "blacks can never be racist!", which is such an idiotic statement to make. From the perspective of systemic racism, you have at least the chance to win this argument as long as you can prove that there is a discrepancy in power to justify this racist sentiment, but from the perspective of individual racism, you have no chance in winning this. The problem is people are now all too happy mixing systemic-racism with individual racism depending on how they want to argue. It is the superior definition. It allows us to examine the way oppression exists in the world we live in. There are still words to describe individual biases. > I love how you can declare with such certainly who deserves what to what extent, solely on gender and arbitrary percentages. I mean what do you do in situations where such disparities exist naturally? enforce a 50/50 quota anyway? And boys have been the main demographic for so long in video game entertainment I am surprised that you are surprised that this number is so high. It's not really based upon the percentage, you know? The point of mentioning that was to note just how obviously skewed it is. It's far more important to focus on the fact that gaming industry is absolutely vile towards women. > You realize with how out of context this argument is you can practically justify any action against men with this? As long as "A" exists you can do "X", "Y" and "Z" to that group even if it might not solve issue "A" because "B" was the main reason for "A" all along. The fuck? This directly challenges the issue. > This makes me question if we are living on the same planet or not. Well, we are not living in the same country maybe that´s the problem because the last time I looked out the window 95% of men were not sexist, that a woman would get eaten alive because she dared to participate in an event where the majority were men. What I experienced is that most boy´s interest jumps to ludicrous degrees when hearing that girl is into video games for obvious reasons and try they be as nice and polite as possible, even the assholes. I mean they fail but even those people try their best because these women are held in such high regards. And I understand that it´s often overwhelming to the point where someone feels uncomfortable, but that is not coming from a place of sexism. Yes, most men are sexist. Society is structured to teach them to be sexist every single day of their lives. Also, what? If men are fawning over gamer girls that's...still sexist. Benevolent sexism is still sexism. You even acknowledged that it makes women feel uncomfortable. > And I have been bullied my entire life by both sexes and pretty much every race imaginable. You could call it a very diverse dose of hatred, so don´t > give me that crap that I can´t see sexism because I am the cause of sexism. You just failed to parse benevolent sexism as sexism. > I won´t deny that that´s a problem > The problem I see here is if you constantly hold the past against them gender, race etc.. will always remain their importance. We can never get to the point: "that´s tim that´s tom, who cares about their background" and always stay with: "tim is black, so he deserves this, while tom is white so he deserves this." And I don´t want to solidify this mindset in the general public. They twist the idea, run with it and bam now it´s just springboard for regular racism again. It's not a springboard for racism to acknowledge the past and that different people have different needs. Maybe it will be when there's absolutely no evidence that oppression was ever problem...But certainly not now. > why shouldn´t they be mad? You basically take away what was for everyone (and paid for) and tell people to fuck off. You deprive a small group of people of their rights, some of which never had the privileges they get punished for, for advantages a large group has on average. Even if men were blatantly privileged, this method still wouldn´t make sense. You don't have a right to go to any PAX panel. That shit's not in the fucking Constitution. You still had the Q&A and the quiet session. There was still an opportunity to cosplay. Men are blatantly privileged. The fuck? It's not just an advantage of the group. It affects individual men's lives. > Also you call op childish while defending this klein guy? One shares his opinion as neutral as he can and you just so happen to disagree with him, while the other is....just condescending and hate-filled...His post is basically "this is unacceptable! accusations and claims without any arguments, i am better than you, shut up filth!" I dare you saying that was justified. There is no justification for such behaviour. It´s just...childish. That's the way he should have handled it. He's knowledgeable about the subject. He chose to try and educate people. They chose to brandish their ignorance like a weapon and assault him with it. The community was incredibly disrespectful to him. It was also inherently sexist to silence someone lecturing on the oppression of women. Was he coarse and informal? Yup. He was. I don't care. The gaming community thinks it's acceptable to scream and yell at developers and call them sexist for _trying to support women in an industry that often does not._ The devs can't scream back--that's unprofessional. You know what I say? Fuck that noise. It's about time someone put their foot down and quit sheepishly kowtowing to gamer abuse in the name of 'professionalism'. > You can read all the books and the world and still come to the wrong conclusions. And even the most educated people argue over the same topics. That shouldn´t happen if all you need was education. You're right. That's still irrelevant because it isn't the case here. > So the answer is telling one group of people that they a good no matter what they do and the other group that they are bad no matter what they do until the power shifts, however this will be decided and then we do the opposite again. > ofc it´s oversimplified I know it you know it, no one wants to listen or learn anything anyway.... That's not how it works?
> [{quoted}](name=Yago,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AWRfanTo,comment-id=000300050000,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:24:47.821+0000) > > It is the superior definition. It allows us to examine the way oppression exists in the world we live in. There are still words to describe individual biases. > If by superior you mean imaginary then you are correct. > It's not really based upon the percentage, you know? The point of mentioning that was to note just how obviously skewed it is. It's far more important to focus on the fact that gaming industry is absolutely vile towards women. > How exactly is it specifically vile towards women. > The fuck? This directly challenges the issue. > No it actually does not > Yes, most men are sexist. Society is structured to teach them to be sexist every single day of their lives. Also, what? If men are fawning over gamer girls that's...still sexist. Benevolent sexism is still sexism. You even acknowledged that it makes women feel uncomfortable. > You just generalized a group of people, you know how people tend to generalize me because i am black or how people generalize women. You do not even realize that. > You just failed to parse benevolent sexism as sexism. > Because its not a thing, sexism is sexism. > It's not a springboard for racism to acknowledge the past and that different people have different needs. Maybe it will be when there's absolutely no evidence that oppression was ever problem...But certainly not now. > What does this have to do with Segregation though and finding the solution. > You don't have a right to go to any PAX panel. That shit's not in the fucking Constitution. You still had the Q&A and the quiet session. There was still an opportunity to cosplay. > You mean like how we didnt have the right to go to stores that said "whites only"? > Men are blatantly privileged. The fuck? It's not just an advantage of the group. It affects individual men's lives. > How are we privileged, you haven't even explained something so "blatant" because you cannot. Obviously if it were blatant then you would be able to. Want to give an example of blatant. At this point you are just talking out your behind > That's the way he should have handled it. He's knowledgeable about the subject. He chose to try and educate people. They chose to brandish their ignorance like a weapon and assault him with it. The community was incredibly disrespectful to him. It was also inherently sexist to silence someone lecturing on the oppression of women. > He didnt educate anyone though, he just attacked the community for them asking why he did it. > Was he coarse and informal? Yup. He was. I don't care. The gaming community thinks it's acceptable to scream and yell at developers and call them sexist for _trying to support women in an industry that often does not._ The devs can't scream back--that's unprofessional. You know what I say? Fuck that noise. It's about time someone put their foot down and quit sheepishly kowtowing to gamer abuse in the name of 'professionalism'. > No one is calling him Sexist for supporting women, they are calling him sexist because he berating men. Sexist doesn't apply solely to women sorry. This is exactly why if a women rapes a man no one bats an eye when both are wrong and should be looked at equally. > You're right. That's still irrelevant because it isn't the case here. > Its not the case here because you haven't referenced anything you said at all. > That's not how it works? Thats not how its suppose to work but thats the precedence Riot just set.
Show more

Whisperwind23

Level 9 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion